US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

WyzAnt reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: (877) 999-2681
Find an expert tutor in over 250+ subjects.
Learn More
Review of WyzAnt

WyzAnt reviews

61%
Categories: Education, Tutor
1714 N Damen Ave Ste 3N
Chicago, IL 60647-5578, USA
info@wyzant.com
Find an expert tutor in over 250+ subjects.
Learn More

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

katiec30

You can find my tutor profile on Wyzant to verify that. (in 169 reviews)

colleenf8

I am a tutor who receives over 90% of my students from WyzAnt referrals. (in 69 reviews)

jimp2

(Clients have to provide billing information before seeing me.)
(in 8 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bobk62

Bill is great as al ayd

ibrahima102
2/9/16

I had my tests on the way and needed some tutoring. I came here looking for a tutor that would benefit me. This app is truly trustworthy, I guarantee you that you will find an excellent tutor. It is not like the other scamming apps. There are many positive reviews to back this up. Enjoy!!

lucillet5
2/9/16

Your staff is very helpful and James is an excellent tutor.

roxannec4
2/9/16

My experience was fine. Please don't bug me.

alisonk9
2/6/16

It was so easy to find a great tutor!

tracyo14
2/6/16

I have used WyzAnt to find a tutor my daughter in math when we lived in Virginia and was very pleased. We moved recently to Ohio and I used WyzAnt again to find a math and physics tutuor for my daughter,again with great results

salc12
2/5/16

I have always needed a little push in the right direction and I have found that typee of help here at WyzAnt! Whenever I get stuck with a project I come here to figure out what it isd that I need to do to give me more insight to the project at hand and always find someone to help me get in the right direction when I get stuck! Best service!

angelah59

Easy, Safe, Excellent Options

alland16
2/5/16

Easy process. Great tutoring experience.

harveyz
1/30/16

WyzAnt is an innovative platform. The customer service, payment verification and processing, and scheduling system is a great value for people who want to tutor for some extra income, extra experience, or to develop skill in teaching and working with students.

The pay percentage system is designed to encourage investment in the platform. However, if you already have students and want to use the features of the system to simplify your work, WyzAnt currently has a way where you can retain most of your earnings. The screening, validation, and scheduling is the most valuable aspect of WyzAnt for me.

Tip for consumers: Learn the platform and help newer students understand how to properly share documents and schedule lessons.

kimb857
1/19/16

Our son used a WyzAnt tutor in La Jolla one time for a Logic final and got an 89% on the final in a class which had been difficult for him.

joeyr14
1/17/16

WyzAnt is easy to use, super convenient. I am very happy with my experience. I am also very happy with the tutor, he is helping my son a lot!

vanceh10

Hello,
I have had some great students while tutoring thru WyzAnt. Sadly, I was discontinued because of some kind of policy infraction that I was unaware of and remain unaware. They need clarification w/ some of their practices re: tutoring rules. I have excellent reviews for college and secondary school. WyzAnt remains a good place to find a tutor if you need one but be aware of their corporate structure if you want to be a tutor.
Sincerely,
Dr. Vance High

jomariew
1/17/16

Found a fabulous tutor and my son has learned more in two sessions than he has in months.

marilynw13
1/17/16

Once we got a tutor, it was a great experience. Only drawback was finding one. We were going to go with a tutor who listed area and would travel short distance. Then, upon contact, she only wanted to do it through the internet. Might not have actually been in the area. I must say, though, that WyzAnt protected us through the process. Overall, it was a very good experience and the tutoring was great.

alexo24

Satisfied customer.

taylorf18
1/1/16

I've used this service a couple times myself. Admittedly, I was nervous paying for a service like this but I needed the help really bad. I was impressed by not only the effectiveness but the ease of using this service as well.

kevind66
12/30/15

Everything is great expect the prices for tutors are increasing quite quickly and I am disabled, bring in a very low amount from the government.

garvina
12/21/15

I was very satisfied with the overall experience.
Demonstrated how little I know about what I'm trying to do.
Thanks to Alan and WyzAnt.

tracyv9
12/20/15

Tutoring was a good experience. Easy to set up through Wyzant

gretchenh6
12/5/15

WyzAnt has been a great network to let folks know I am available to help them with their computer needs. I have meet some wonderful folks who needed someone to tutor them.

jenniferw110
11/19/15

Wyzant gave me my first paid tutoring job. I had one student in the beginning. That lasted for about a year or more. And then, I started to get a few requests here and there. Now, I can get quite a few students, depending on my other work schedules. Wyzant is great. With anything in life, you need patience and diligence.

radg
10/30/15

I contacted a tutor Katya A. who was listed at $40 per hour and she responded even suggest a day and time for our session. Then I never heard from her again and I could not imagine why until I went to look for other tutors and saw her rate changed to $80 per hour and it was suddenly all clear. I would have paid her the $80 but this is no way to do business. I hope that this moves costs her.

I contacted Wyzant over 24 hours ago and have yet to hear from them.
NOT A TRUSTWORTHY SITE

suen18
10/29/15

I worked with a tutor who was wonderful and I worked with another who was not so wonderful. I only worked with the bad tutor for about 20 minutes online. Although I had explicitly stated what I needed (our correspondence is in writing), he accused me of not being upfront with him and being too low-level to help (he did not charge me, as far as I know). I called and spoke to a friendly representative who sent me a list of tutors and stated she would note the bad tutor to her supervisor. I am a "nontraditional" (aka old) student who has been out of school for a long time, so maybe I am a slower learner, but I have been working really hard to be successful (I've gotten A's on my tests). I felt insulted and humiliated by the bad tutor's comments/attitude. As I stated, the first tutor was really great (it's been a while, but I think he was from WyzAnt), so I don't think the bad tutor is representative of their tutors. Even though I had a bad experience, I would still recommend the site because there are kind people who are patient and understanding out there. Don't give up, even if you're old and slow!

sabrinal14
10/18/15

I was in search for a tutor for my eldest son and thanks to this great site and program we received the help we needed.

suziet
10/16/15

WyzAnt is a very convenient system. I can use it easily to find a teacher and make a payment.

robink25
10/13/15

Very helpful and understanding

lisas201
10/8/15

I was able to use Wyzant to find a tutor that suited my daughter and her needs. I was able to read profiles and get an idea of their expertise. Very pleased with the Wyzant service and Jean as tutor.

quayef
10/8/15

I am so please with Lloyd.. He's the only one my son really gets motivated for. He has so much respect for his teaching abilities and knowledge.

clementc12
10/8/15

Mr Wesley is always helpful as I work through my understanding of JAVA programming.

montserratv
10/8/15

Thank you Viral for your thorough explanations and class preparation

bobm146
10/8/15

Both Stats and Excel are difficult for me, had help with both.

ronalds64
10/8/15

Thank you, Frida for your patience.

ds123

Great tutor

silviaa3
10/8/15

The experience was great because of the tutor who worked on technical skills but also positive feed back and personal motivation and confidence. There was a plus in a personal connection and desire to perform seeing the tutor's accomplishments and positive attitude

saadiab
10/5/15

Very quick and efficient payment service; excellent tutoring experience

tatg
10/4/15

I found a great local tutor via WizAnt for my son. I see some customers are hesitant to provide billing info before they can get tutor's phone number. I was ok with that, may be because I spent more money than the tutor from WizAnt was asking per hour, to just check out 2 other tutors, who were not a good match. If you are willing to pay for work, it should not matter: we provide billing info for all types of purchases all the time, not knowing if it will be a good buy. I was a teacher myself, and know that this work is not easy, and deserves to be paid for. Also, you are NOT charged till your tutor loggs in session date/ time/ description, and you rate it. I also hear that the commission WizAnt is getting from the tutors' rate is quite high, starting from 40% , and depending on collected tutoring hours goes down to 20%. It does sound high. But if Tutors do use this company for marketing, I think it suits them. They do have an easy to use website, which pops up in a top 5 companies, providing similar services. The tutor I was connected to by WizAnt is very professional lady, her commute to my place is very short, and the rate is affordable. Sessions are logged in by the tutor with the short description of content, and time. My tutor is very good about providing exact session timing, I am not worrying about overcharge. You can see all charges on-line. So far I did not have issues with customer support (had to call to make sure my new billing info is available, so payment is not overdue). With the growing competition, I hope, WizAnt will lower the % it takes out of the tutor's rate, otherwise as a customer I am satisfied with WizAnt services so far.

annm92
10/4/15

I love wyzant. Their platform is easy to use and the selection of quality tutors is great. I was very happy with the tutors I found.

dylane7
10/4/15

I enjoyed working with my tutor Hans, I definitely recommend him he makes the test easy to understand he was very helpful

miker150

Great Service

keishaj2
10/4/15

The tutors are amazing in WyzAnt.

haroldp15
10/4/15

Ms Nadine is an experience tutor, she know a lot about math and life in general. Although she is great at Math, she is better at lower levels of math, like Algebra or something similar, for higher math i will not recommended her, although she can still help you wit the basic stuff.

larrym73
10/4/15

My second grader is progressing very nicely in his new STEM school environment from private sectorl. Our decision to continue Wyzant has proven to us our son is on his way to success in technology and math at a young age.

tomc99

Sarah Gerloff Rocks!

melodye1
10/4/15

My experience with this service was excellent! At first, I thought it might bea scam but it's legitimate. The tudor I worked with was very friendly and helpful. There are also many tutors who are ready and willing to help you with almost any subject. I hope more individuals learn about this site and what it serves to the public. Thank you Wyz Ant, you were a tremendous help!

tonir8

Very uncomplicated!

katen12
10/4/15

David is an excellent tutor. He was very knowledgeable & patient with my son. My son felt confident entering the 7th grade after receiving tutoring from David.

lisam199
10/4/15

Wyzant made it easy to find a great tutor. Easy online payments. Lesson reminders. Great website.

heatherk31
10/4/15

Cliff Wheeler is my tutor and he is really GREAT! He is very patient and is great at explaining difficult things. He has multiple ways of making sure I understand the material that we are going through. He is very considerate and kind. I will continue to be tutored by Cliff. I will also not hesitate to share his name around to anyone who approaches me with needing some additional help. For WyzAnt, this is a very organized and professional online tutoring service. I like that I am able to meet face to face with a tutor.There is nothing sneaky about WyzAnt, they email every payment that will be processed, they give you reminders and confirmation for upcoming tutor sessions.I will refer WyzAnt to those who ask about tutoring services!

tinab63
10/4/15

It literally took just a few minutes to find a calculus tutor to meet our needs. And the tutor responded super quickly. It is easy to communicate with the tutor via the site.

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WyzAnt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
11/27/15
Add your answer
10/29/15
Answer
vanceh10
A: Post what happened if you contacted them. They refused to answer my question only deferring me to read the rules.
3 weeks ago