US Government’s NSF
SiteJabber for Business

WyzAnt reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: (877) 999-2681
Find an expert tutor in over 250+ subjects.
Learn More
Review of WyzAnt

WyzAnt reviews

71%
Categories: Education, Tutor
1714 N Damen Ave Ste 3N
Chicago, IL 60647-5578, USA
info@wyzant.com
Find an expert tutor in over 250+ subjects.
Learn More

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

katiec30

You can find my tutor profile on Wyzant to verify that. (in 217 reviews)

colleenf8

I am a tutor who receives over 90% of my students from WyzAnt referrals. (in 70 reviews)

paull11

All I can say is that this site is fantastic, customer service reps are 100% responsive and the management is great. (in 12 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

robynb27
5/5/16

My child enjoyed the session and learned more advanced math.

maryb287
5/5/16

It was very helpful. The session went great according to my son. Thanks!

chrisj114

Great

isaiahl11
5/2/16

It was a wonderful experience. Thank you!!!

janete14
5/1/16

The tudor was well knowledge and patient.

davidj195
5/1/16

This my first time having a private tutor it was amazing.

jenniferg115
5/1/16

this app really helped me find a great tutor- and FAST for my son who needed help prepping for test. I'd recommend it to everyone looking for a nice selection of tutors that you can peruse through to see who best fist your needs and wants.

paulr160

Treat tutor

jakem62
4/24/16

I'm a PhD student in mathematics, and I was looking around for a way to make some extra income on the side through tutoring. I was finding hardly any work until I made my WyzAnt profile. Soon I had more clients than I could even see! I've now clocked 200 hours working for WyzAnt which means I now get to keep 75% of my fee. Granted, that means WyzAnt is still taking 25%, and that's a lot of money, don't get me wrong. However, it's entirely worth it, for two reasons: (1) I find so many clients through WyzAnt that I can fill my schedule and (2) I save tons of time - I waste no time advertising myself and billing clients; WyzAnt does all that for me. Put it this way: if it wasn't worth it, I'd have stopped long ago.

rhondar16
4/16/16

I've been a tutor for several years, for both companies and independently. Wyzant has been a great tool for me to find clients, which I get to screen and make sure we are a good fit. At first, the site takes a high percent of your earnings, but it doesn't take long to get the better rate if you're working steadily as a tutor. I even was able to add in my existing clients and still get 95% of my rate. Totally worth it to let my clients do auto pay with credit cards instead of me taking time every month creating invoices and constantly asking them when they'll have my check ready. Plus, Wyzant can provide background checks, which adds legitimacy and trust with new clients. They even provide tax forms for you. The online scheduler is great and easy to use. This site has tripled my tutoring income. I rated the site a 4 instead of 5 for the high percent they take at the beginning stages, but I have had only positive experiences with the site for the past 2 years.

cassandras11
4/12/16

Wyzant can give you plenty of options to work with for tutors. Although some of the tutors aren't fully truthful about what they know making to process frustrating.

Also it seems that the site's communication board has good days and bad days.

tereiak
4/7/16

Finding WyzAnt has been one of the best things I found on the internet. It has provided me with exactly what I've been looking to obtain.

janeg42
4/7/16

We found an amazing tutor through WyzAnt. Heather LeBeau worked with our daughter and gave her some good tips to use for the exam. We hope that she will improve her score on the next test. Heather met with Lauren at a local library, was prompt and well prepared. I would recommend this site, especially Heather to anyone!!

annies50
4/5/16

Tutors are accessible and respond fast. The site is user friendly. I am impressed that my phone calls are always answered promptly. I highly recommend WyzAnt to everyone who needs professional academical help. It's been a wonderful experience. Thank you, WyzAnt.

melissao16
4/4/16

Fatimma ha been helping my son with math and she's great! Very patient and sweet. My son feels that he's learning from her.

alexanderb62
4/4/16

He was excellent and knew the information. I will be using him again!

emilyw56
4/4/16

Damion has been very patient and explained some concepts of statistics in a way I can understand the processes. He's been respectful of my time and very willing to help in any way he can and will research the answers he might not know. He also seeks to understand the processes we use (data systems) so he can help me to understand.

sanaad
4/2/16

Very good!

zackf13
4/2/16

great tutor

jeffp50
4/1/16

I needed a tutor for work in Photo Shop, and I found an excellent one!

olgaj5
4/1/16

I so needed a refresher on my math, being out of school for 20yrs. Rudy was patient with me and helped me relearn the basics for my ultrasound physics course. thanks again

lynneg9
4/1/16

My experience with WyzAnt was excellent. I spoke to two different telephone information people and both were very knowledgeable and nice. I selected my tutor and she was everything I could wish for - a nice person and a good teacher.
I would recommend this service to anyone looking for a responsible person to study with.

jamesk144
4/1/16

Great way to find the help you need. Provides many secure people who would help ! Definetly helped me a lot !
Thanks

terris30
4/1/16

First time looking for a tutor online; great website, easy to navigate, convenient for payments. Will use again in the future.

tumh
4/1/16

Mary Wanzer was FABULOUS. Knew her subject inside out and backwards and was a HUGE HELP in helping me secure my new job! Highly recommended!

karenj73
4/1/16

This is a great site to find an experienced tutor. There are many options to choose from including online and face to face meetings. I will continue to use this site as my daughter moves on toward college.

tiffanyg33
4/1/16

Very easy to navigate the site. Really fast response from tutors.

lindal179
4/1/16

Ivan helped me unravel some of the mysteries of LR.
Very helpful!

naajiaa
4/1/16

My tutor was very patient and halpful

kellk
4/1/16

Super resourceful and was able to get me the help I needed extremely fast!!

aaraea
4/1/16

I enjoyed my tutoring experience. It was very helpful and I did well on my exam.

michaelb329
4/1/16

We quickly found a very accomplished tutor that ended up being a very good fit for my son. The entire WyzAnt experience has been very positive.

helenb65
4/1/16

Happy with my experience. Stephen was patient and knowledgeable. Me, being an older lady I needed patience. This is a very good web site. Thanks.

biranet

Pleasant

konstantinak
4/1/16

WyzAnt is easy to use and highly effective!

debm25
4/1/16

I found the website easy to navigate, easy to find a tutor I needed, and easy to pay.

ellent12
4/1/16

Excellent teaching skills, listening skills and we really felt she was interested in our needs.

azzaa
4/1/16

I was worried and didn't know how to hire a good tutor. WyzAnt made it easy with the reviews and hours of experience that each tutor's profile included.

matthewf26
4/1/16

She was wonderful, patient, and explained problem well. She recognized where I was having trouble and talked me through it. It has been 14 years since I took my last Math class.

carols132
4/1/16

Christiana was very knowledgeable, patient and empathic with my daughter in terms of helping her with math and her special needs. I would recommend her to anyone!

edmondl14

it was ok.

chrystelel
3/31/16

I needed a tutor quickly (within hours) for an assignment. The website does not allow to see what tutors are online so i spent a long time to find someone.

robertw241
3/31/16

Helped my daughter catch up in chemistry class in one visit

benjaminm43
3/31/16

Most of the tutors are not available. When I do find a tutor, after the first session WyzAnt removed her from the site.

sylviab18
3/20/16

The first one had (1) good experience then she cancelled minutes before the following session!!

The 2nd tutor we tried ended the first session after 15 min and said there was no charge. Horrible experience!!!

johnb563
3/17/16

Will was able to make the mechanisms and reactions very easy to understand and remember. Helped greatly with homework and for last minute studying! Definitely recommend!!!

rumanaj
3/13/16

Brian was awesome for biology tutoring

karenc126
3/13/16

I needed to find a math tutor for my daughter. Wyzant helped me locate a local tutor that had already been background checked and rated by other parents and students.

khoys
3/13/16

I had a huge assignment and like the average student I waited until the last minute. I had great help from a tutor who not only only took the time to explain but cared about the grade j received from the instructor. What a great experience.

edithc19
3/13/16

In the last 3 years I have hired three different tutors from Wyzant. All three focused on different subject areas and all were very knowledgeable. They all worked well with my son to help him understand and improve his grades. I would highly recommend using Wyzant to find a tutor for your child. I recommend reading about the tutors qualifications, purchasing the background check and meeting the tutors in a public place or somewhere you can monitor.

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WyzAnt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3/21/16
Answer
carole74
A: Hi Jude, tutors on WyzAnt set their own hourly rate, which makes for a wide range of prices. We find most fall within the $30-60 per hour range. Some higher level subjects (eg programming) might be a little higher. It's certainly possible to work within any budget you might have.
3/23/16