US Government’s NSF

2601 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA
Tel: +1.4156399034
support@wix.com
Everything you need to create a stunning website!

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

francisc286

Customer service is a problem if you rely upon their online support center. (in 17 reviews)

jays313

Don't give them access to your credit card, hidden recurring fees will be taken from you. (in 7 reviews)

sameerp2

So my final word is Do not prefer Wix, take some time to learn WordPress and then make a website. (in 25 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lyndap5
5/24/16

I have not received my refund even after 27 days when i asked them about it, they say it is out of their hands once they passed to the payment provider!! They need to chase up with their payment provider to see why my refund has not gone over, not leave it to me suss it out. What the hell can I do? This just an excuse to say to me, we have sent refund but if you haven't received it, there is nothng we can do about it because we passed it to the payment provider and out of our control! Chase it up with your payment provider you are working with and ask them why my refund did not show up!!

kevant1
5/10/16

You Just Registered a Account then they told u "You Can Make Free Websites With WIX"
just use WordPress or what [WIX Scams Money too]

urjitakk
4/18/16

Hi,
I had opted for wix online builder for my website and at that time they had a promotional offer of Google Adwords of USD 75. After I purchased the plan I got the vouchers under my account. Subsequently, I purchased the plan for 2 of my clients and got 2 such Adwords Vouchers. After a month when I tried using the vouchers I discovered its not valid for my country (India). When I contacted WIX they said that Google has revoked the offer from certain geographic locations and they cannot do anything about it.
I contacted Google to verify this and Google replied that the vouchers were never issued for India and thus the question of revoking doesnot arise. After sending the mail to WIX support and posting on social media WIX replied that there was a disclaimer while selecting the plan that Google Adwords is applicable is certain locations only. This statement is completely different from their earlier statement when they said that Google has revoked the offer.
So basically inspite of selecting billing address as India, WIX issued me coupons which were not valid for India.
They are not willing to accept that it is their responsibility to compensate me for an equivalent amount now and are offering an extension of 3 months which is not even 1/3rd of the value of the adwords coupons that I have.
Pathetic customer service guys. Dont even think of wasting your time and efforts with WIX.
They will keep sending u scripted mails for weeks and then absolve themselves of all the responsibilities.

carolineg23
4/11/16

I upgraded to a Combo Plan on 3/1/16 that is advertised to have a free domain for one year. I chose a domain and paid the extra $9.90 for the "Privacy Domain Registration" that was so private I received several spam phone calls within 48 hours of registration. I contacted wix about this after reading multiple support tickets of customers complaining about this same company (searchenginestartup.com). To my surprise, wix denied any responsibility in the matter stating that the spammers probably got my information another way. So, I disputed the charge with my credit card company and it was reversed without question for failure to render services.

Now, to fast forward one month later. I am furious to learn that my site has been down since 3/10/16 due to the suspension of my domain over this chargeback on my credit card. I am not being told that the domain is not actually included in my combo package somehow (despite having screenshots of this exact advertisement on their website) and they are refusing to unsuspend my domain unless I pay them more money... for a domain that I paid for an entire year subscription and received 10 days of service.

Also, be ready to not actually be able to call a customer service department and instead have to rely on the insultingly generic copy/paste answers supplied for their support staff. I now have to again go through an entire dispute process to receive a refund as I am being told that I am not getting one from their company. Thanks, Wix!

javiera9
3/23/16

BEWARE of WIX SELLING & FALSE ADVERTISING PRACTICES:

When you subscribe to their Yearly Unlimited Premium plan, their website says that you get 2 free premium apps which are Site Booster and Form Builder.

I only used the Site Booster and I was just charged a total of $9.90 for 2 months of service ($4.95 monthly service charge).

Nowhere in their advertisement says that there will be a monthly charge at all for the service and that is why it says you get it for free with your subscription.

This is clearly, false advertisement!

As of now I have cancelled my subscription for the Site Booster so I won't get charge again.

When I called customer service about this was told that you only get a credit for the first month of service. Again, nowhere that is mentioned.

They issued me a credit for this charge.

I wished that I haven't paid in full up front as is required for the year for the yearly subscription for their service.

As of now is "wasted" money since I can not get a refund for it and is paid until it expires for the yearly service.

As of now I am looking for another company to design my website with and won't be using Wix anymore.

I also haven't finished designing my website completely yet.

anthonyr75
3/20/16

I would have given them no stars if it was possible!

Yeah sure Wix maybe user-friendly and easy to use. but man sites built using them are Sl OOO wwwww... and it is terrible for business, not only that but it is missing the most basic of features. It is nothing but a headache every time I open my editor. I can't even change the font of my website.. and don't even get me started on their apps... all of them are garbage and you have to pay for everything.. that is why the prices are so low.. they make it up by charging the hell our of you to use any of the add ones. Overall, I should have stayed with WordPress. Faster, better apps and much better customer service!

milam6
3/10/16

I'VE STARTED USING WEX OVER A YEAR AGO AND IN THE BEGINNING FELT BLESSED BY HOW EASY AND INTUITIVE THE EDITOR WAS. i COULD CHANGE THE LAYOUT OF MY PAGE IN A FEW CLICKS. NOW..WHEN I FINALLY READY TO SET UP MY STORE...I AM SIMPLY UNABLE TO MODIFY THE EASIEST OF THINGS...WHICHEVER ELEMENT I TOUCH OR MODIFY IT AUTOMATICALLY SHOWS ON EACH PAGE. WHY THE HELL THEY ASSUME THAT EACH ELEMENT MUST APPEAR ON EVERY PAGE. SO HAVE TO UNCLICK EACH TIME..OTHERWISE ALL THINGS OVERLAP. TOO MANY UNNECESSARY OPTIONS, TOOLS NOT INTUITIVE. OVERALL COMPLETELY DISSATISFIED AND NOW DOUBTING WHETHER SHOULD RISK AND START MY ONLINE STORE WITH WIX. AND WHAT IS MOST DISAPPOINTING IS THAT WIX TEAM, DESPITE OF SO MANY COMPLAINTS HAVE NOT DONE ANY IMPROVEMENT IN AT LEAST HALF A YEAR. EVEN THE MOST OBVIOUS ERRORS ARE NOT BEING FIXED..

jays313
3/3/16

VERY DECEPTIVE... Don't give them access to your credit card, hidden recurring fees will be taken from you. Horrible customer service as well.

EDITED: Due to the professional response posted by Wix after my initial review. Raised my review to 3 stars from 2.

steveg99
2/27/16

I have been using WIX for a few years and upgraded to Premium about 2 years ago. Happily plodding along doing the occasional update. HATE the new editor. Look at their service tickets for the last few months, mostly complaining about the new editor.
It is clumsy.
It is is slow.
It is non intuitive.
It is PAINFUL.
They will let you revert to the old style for a limited time. Here's a better idea, ROLL BACK, ditch the CRAP you have now.
Cheers
Steve

rcaocr
2/19/16

What a pain in the Ass this company is! They have ZERO customer care. Wait time to maybe get a return call back is over two weeks! All glitz, bling and glam and they don't give a rat's behind about their customers. They are only interested in separating you from your money. The Star rating system needs to include 'Negative Stars'.

fredab3
2/12/16

I am rather disappointed with Wix. Initially, I had a free account. Then I received info that I could have my own html. I was not aware that I would be charged $149 for hosting by an automatic renewal. When the charges came through I tried to contact Wix to no avail. The voicemail said they would call back in 4 days. I had the charges automatically reversed because I did not sign up for the deluxe package with the $149 + $14 annual renewal. When I called Wix to find out how to get the free web site back -- I was informed that I had to pay $50 because I made them look bad with a chargeback!!! Disclosure about upcoming charges would be nice. As well as the fact that they will automatically charge you unless you go in and turn that auto charge off!!! I am quite disappointed but glad I learned.

pierre-alainc1
2/10/16

Be careful, don't use Wix website. Wix is maybe the WORST provider ever seen. Wix team always make false advertising everywhere. Wix website are totally unfunctionals. No answer from support, or stupid answers with no solutions to problems.

Very SLOW websites, or if you made a page with very few (2 or 3) elements : They seem being able to give you a very nice and beautiful website but you can't use it when you use apps. It is totally false advertising. Images send to socials are very very little and absolutely not interesting, many bugs and more and more and more....

The only answer from Wix team, if we can call them a team, is to clean history and cache. Did you ever said to your clients : "hey buddy, if you want to access our website, clear your cache !!!" RIDICULOUS !!!

Don't forget that : with Wix, you have a low price initial webpage, but after ALL is paying.
Never use Wix websites, they are dishonest and unscrupulous about their product and services.

--------------------------------------

N'utilisez jamais de site internet chez Wix, probablement le pire provider qui existe. Wix passe son temps à faire de la publicité mensongère partout, vous faisant croire à de somptueux sites qui en réalité ne fonctionnent jamais et sont très, très lents, à tel point que même vous avez envie de partir de votre propre page. Sauf évidemment si vous ne mettez que deux ou trois apps dessus, auquel cas il ne ressemble à rien.

Leur équipe ne résout aucun problème, ne donne aucune solution. La seule réponse est en permanence la même : videz vos caches, redémarrez votre navigateur !

Avez vous déjà dit à vos clients : "Si vous souhaitez accéder à notre site, videz donc vos caches Monsieur, enfin, comment faut-il vous le dire ?" On rêve d'entendre ce genre de nullité comme réponse de la part d'un support de provider de nos jours, et jamais aucune autre solution.

Les sites Wix sont définitivement à proscrire, n'utilisez Jamais ce provider.C'est une publicité totalement mensongère, et malhonnête. De plus, après une page installée presque gratuitement, chez Wix, tout est payant !!! La nullité, c'est comme le minimalisme artistique, cela coute très cher.

Wix : Fuyez ce provider, c'est le seul conseil à donner.

maikain
2/9/16

WIX's customer service is some of the worst online customer service I have experienced. "Pass the buck" and "Let's not answer his questions" must be the pinnacle of your customer service support. Despite having multiple upgraded and paid sites, multiple emails, etc... they make ZERO effort to try to fix a problem. Moreover, they have no interest in actually compensating you for some of the crappy tech that they offer as widgets, which don't work at times. And because they didn't create it - they hold no responsibility DESPITE some of the issues being persistent to these widgets for OVER FOUR YEARS. Disgusting level of service. DISGUSTING.

johnb539
2/6/16

While WIX has finally given access to a telephone number to call for "Support" i.e. questions on billing, site and technical issues...

...they are VERY DECEPTIVE... they list time to call desk as if they are 7 days a week available...but never pick up and route you to schedule a call and give you a call-back time ONE WEEK LATER

...who needs that if you are having problems with your site or them connecting it to your URL????

...If you are in business...can you afford to be OUT OF BUSINESS FOR A WEEK?

Their CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use GoDaddy...for everything.

kc97
1/14/16

Worked with me to resolve problem.
A customer service # is hard to find. I never saw it on the site but when I printed out my invoice it was on the bottom. 1 800 600-0949 by the way. So minus a star for that not being accessible but when I did get a hold of someone they were awesome. I had failed to turn off auto renew, they refunded me even though it was my fault.
Wix is better than others I have tried for site building I just didn’t have the time to make my sites work for me and $ just got tight. So the core service they offer is good. If they offered more access to customer service, like a find-able # and/or chat, at least for the payed plans, I would say they are a very good value.

garyg53
1/11/16

I liked this website builder, but takes some time to learn as do they all.

emmag36
12/31/15

I know there are some bad reviews about these guys, but I have had an overall positive experience with Wix. I have been using them for years and have designed about 6 wesbties with them. yes it's hard to get hold of their customer service, but when you do they're quite helpful. It takes a bit to learn how to create these sites, but once you do, you can make really groovy websites that look like a pro made them. Overall, from my experience, I would recommend these guys.

sameerp2
12/29/15

I have a good experience in Wix. Currently, I have three websites in Wix for which I am paying $150 for each, which is ridiculous. Now I am migrating to WordPress finally. Let me shortlist my feedback

1. Good for SEO, but not great
2. Limited features, If you want to implement any extra feature own your own through Coding you can't.
3. No custom URL, or you can say longest blog post URL.
4. most of the apps are paid apps.
5. Full of Javascript
6. Load every element indevidually
7. if you add more than 3-4 apps the site loading speed becomes critical.

Currently, one of my sites gennibbles.com is there, even that also I will migrate to WordPress. So my final word is Do not prefer Wix, take some time to learn WordPress and then make a website. You can find many tutorials to built a WordPress site, so don't worry go with WordPress instead Wix.

jeffb130
12/16/15

I stopped doing business with WIX in November or December 2014. I found a hidden enrollment billing of $50 showing up on my November or December 2015 credit card statement. Received NO notice of re-billing. I disputed the transaction through my credit card company. It has been my experience that companies are pretty gracious and quick in removing these kinds of hidden enrollment billings. Not Wix. They are still playing hardball and demanding payment. For what? I closed my website in April 2015. I don't even know what they are charging me for.

rop13
11/27/15

Wix.com stole my money. We started a monthly subscription but they took an entire years fee without warning.
Then they cancelled their relationship with the primary ap that my site was built around, "simply book me" again without warning. Because "simply book me" can no-longer connect to my wix page, it has destroyed my business, costing me in excess of $120,000. I called them but they refused to answer for a nearly a week, basically being closed the entire thanksgiving holiday. No emergency number is available. This not acceptable for a server that business are dependent on.

michaelt111
11/25/15

Wix is a waste of time. They will charge you for no reason and wouldn't tell you why they have charged you. The worst part is their so called customer service. I don't recommend wix , rest is upon you. I would give my money to starter like "TemplateToaster" http://templatetoaster.com instead of this experienced DIY builder like Wix.

ale5351
11/13/15

I have considered this and I think every poster on here should come together and let us take a class action against WIX. If more and more people come together and start taking these companies to the courts through the lay litigant avenue then these companies may just begin to treat their customers with the respect and support needed. Especially paying customers. You pay for a service, if such a service is not fit for service then it is a possible action of Fraud. making the Directors personally Joinder in the court recordings with rogatory recordings, this can have real standing and meaning.

meghnac
11/8/15

Who orders an items looking prior at the shipping and return policy? While buying, Wix charges shipping cost for every item, however small the item cost be (e.g for a $1 item too it has $1 shipping). And while returning every items, it does not cover the shipping cost. And the shipping address I was provided with was in Canada. Imagine how costly would it be to return every item there? A big chunk of my refund will go in that. So I decided not to return even if I did not like some of the items and keep them as it is, eventually going into the garbage.

davidc274
11/2/15

seriously, the worst. Just bad. Not good if you're looking to start your business sites, blogs, etc. And seriously, only 14 day refund policy? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I regret paying upfront for their year's worth of bull$#*!.

elisaf2
10/28/15

I spent countless hours building my website. When it came time to connect it using my domain name, I couldn't. Why? When I attempt to connect my domain name, I got an error message ("sorry this name is being used by another user"). So I contacted Wix so-called Support, by the way the only way to contact them is by email, which you have to wait days for a response, if you ever get a response. So after I contact them and they responded several days later, I explained the problem even attached a print screen of the error message. They responded that I still had an old account, which was under a different email address which I no longer had. I had an account with Wix about 2 yrs ago, which was a monthly account that I cancelled. Well, thanks to Wix so-called Support, it didn't get cancelled.

I sent a response that the account was suppose to been closed 2 yrs ago. Several days later, I get a response from a different so-called Support person saying the account was closed. REALLY, then why can't I connect domain. couple days later, NO Let me tell you I signed up for this 14 day free trial 3 times and cancelled for the same reason, hoping they would fix the problem because I really hated to cancel it because it look GREAT plus all the time I had spent building it, plus I was scheduled to go online November 1, 2015. Well this was the LAST TIME dealing with this so-called Support Team! My reason for cancelling this time way, "Reviews are right, your Support Team is a JOKE." I also added that they were trying to delay fixing the problem until the 14 day free trial was up and I couldn't get my money back.

For all these reviews giving Wix a 5 star review, MUST be getting paid . Wix is far from even thinking about a 5 star review.

Tip for consumers: Their Support Team is a JOKE, if you have time waiting on a response, go for it. If you have addition time (days) wait until they fix the problem, go for it. If you want GOOD customer Support, STAY AWAY.

The price is OK, BUT, there is no real-time shipping with any of their ecommerce packages, which means you loose money in shipping fees.

If you dont have a GOOD Support Team in place, the business lacks when it comes to, quality.

scottb123
10/28/15

Easy to use specially for non technical people.

harleam
10/27/15

I understand everybody not happy but you got try it for yourself, so i did and tell you truth it its not all bad i never had problems with it and i had a website and account before the html5 came out. i never had problems once and they do reply really fast many some people didn't have lucky or never gave it a chance.....even did something wrong only thing i dislike is plan prices but you might pay little more thats pretty it. if i were you i would give chance

allens41
10/26/15

The sites are slow, terribly optimized for mobile, and possibly the worst for search engines. On top of that, don't spend too much time designing your site or editing it, because at least once a week, Wix's design tools won't allow you to save all your work. 4 hours down the drain each week, at least! If you have a real business, stay away from Wix! You're much better off spending a little more money with Squarespace, Setmysite, or some kind of actual website solution. Wix is nothing but a toy... a very poorly designed toy.

Tip for consumers: Here's a tip, there's much better solutions! If you want to do it yourself, Squarespace is way better and worth the extra money. If you want someone else to do it all for you, Setmysite is the way to go. And for ecommerce, Shopify is pretty good. I've used a couple different services over the years with Wix being the most recent, and it's by far one of the worst! Not as bad as web.com, but close. Squarespace or Setmysite are my favs.

sucattas
10/12/15

I have tried a few other website creator, and WIX is by far the most practical, resourceful, and yet affordable one I have tried. It was recommended by a book publishing designer, friend of mine, and besides being able to fully create my website in one day, I also received a, effective customer support assistance when I needed. The technical support representative quickly accessed my computer, identified the issue, and the problem was immediately fixed. I was speechless to see my problem solved in less than 5 minutes. I am giving 5 Star for my overall current experience 10/12/15
www.sucatta.com

brendas50
10/10/15

Well for starters customer service is a joke you have to write your complaint and wait for someone to answer on the help page. and nothing changes to add to the web page unless people vote on it. WTF really. your supposed to be helping me make money not lose money! I cant change shipping charges on each individual item!. I cant give shipping discounts if a person buys more than one item from me and I was told to create a coupon for that. then they could use it for buying just one EZ salsa and I would lose money. this is not E commerce friendly. it is great for everything else. looking forward to taking my business somewhere else

scottg56
10/4/15

WIX promised a refund for a charge that was not authorized and has been giving me the run around for the past 7 weeks even though I presented absolute proof that the charge was unauthorized and not refunded.

sepunguh
10/1/15

After trying Simple Site which is magic but to simple, Web.com stole my money with no support etc, I am now at a stage where I do not know what to do. Private companies took my money and run, so at the moment I just use Wix for a free ride to have some type of referral address on the web. Going to try Webstart and see after all the bad reviews if any good. Will also just try a free ride until I am happy.

Tip for consumers: I built my site http://sa-big5.wix.com/holiday-sa with ease. Just find that inserting a code like Payfast (South Africa) it was found and then wanted to edit and it just disappeared. Another bug for me is that the tick (Show on all pages) comes on automatically when just touching it. Painful after publishing your site and then need to go back as you have double text elsewhere and now need to find it. I also do not like the fact that I can only upload a Youtube clip and not my own clip from my PC

abileneg
9/26/15

Why oh why does Wix offer simple explanations that do not work for normal fixes? Now that I have bought the service and transferred my own site name, I am really questioning the move!!! I try to delete a page and it tells me to go to something that doesn't do what it is supposed to. I try to link my only two pages and that seems to be cray-cray!

noperal
9/24/15

It's complicated where it can easily be simplified. It has the most useless tools and doesn't have any actually needed options. It's a bad save engine as well due to the fact I made a whole front page and it deleted by itself. Disappointed.

dasr
9/19/15

The bottom line is that I've used Wix, and so have my friends. It's JUST NOT A GOOD PLATFORM.

If you want the real deal on why, it's best summed up here https://davidscarpitta.com/wix-review/

Nice try, but doesn't make the cut.

bobbyg21
9/16/15

I understand that you can't please everyone or make everyone happy...but there are just way to many NEGATIVE REVIEWS to even think of signing up or simply being comfortable in moving forward.

straightf
9/13/15

I am a sole proprietor and every penny counts as I start up my business and budget for diapers. I feel completely robbed by WIX. I have worked very hard to follow their suggestions so my page can be found in a search to no avail. I have a pay account so I am not a free loader. I can do any combination of searches to find myself and even on page 20 of google I am nowhere to be found. I really hope someone looks into this to determine if they are in violation of any advertising laws. I am so devastated after spending countless hours trying to create my page and then find it online. I have researched and tweaked and tinkered but WIX does not deliver! My peers who used other methods of creating pages such as square space show up on the first page of a google search and they did not pay any additional money to google for this. There does not seem to be any customer service at Wix and they have made it very hard to rate them or find out about them since apparently they didn't use WIX alone to create their advertising propaganda.

dalial
8/17/15

FREE? No way!
Wix doesn't even show up with Google search.

morines
8/16/15

Having your own website to advertise your Business, Goods and Services is the way to go. Almost everyone has their own website. It's the way to advertise, it's actually the way to go.

A few years ago I was about to pay for a ten weeks course in Web page designing, it never happened until about three months ago I saw an advertisement on a particular website inviting people to join the website designing boot camp. This boot camps goal is to help people to set up their own personal website in two days. The cost is $10,000 (ten thousand Jamaican dollars) and you are to take your credit card with you to pay an additional US$60 for the Url so that is pretty much JA$16,000 (sixteen thousand Jamaican dollars).

I mentioned it to someone and they told me not to pay any money to set up a website because I can find a site on the internet that can offer me the service for free. I decided to search for myself and gave up until I stumbled on wix.com. I decided to try it myself, by the way, I am not very technologically savvy. I do pretty good on Microsoft office applications but I know little or nothing about web page designing. Anyway, I decided to go on the website and try my hand at it. To my great surprise, and happiness I was actually able to set up a website on my own. I actually started it today on wix.com, I am not finished yet, I have saved it to continue because of time constraint. That is the reason I have decided to do this review. I have gained satisfaction and I want others to benefit too.

You do not have to have a knowledge of programming, HTML or javascript, It is a simple step by step process. Your can create your web page of your design with animation and all of this is for free. The only thing you need is a domain name. Isn't that great!

Well, I know it has helped me because now I can create a web page and this I did for free and I also have the knowledge on hand to share. So if you ever think about building your own web page why not try wix.com you will be glad you do.

Tip for consumers: Great Service, try it, you will be glad you do.

donn1413
8/16/15

I just read Wix ad about written in html and Google indexes these sites better, could not be more from the truth. I used Microsoft front page 16 years ago, then Dreamweaver and RapidWeaver. All of these template companies are trying to capitalize on people thinking they will have a cheap site. The real bottom line is that the average person would have to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours learning real organic SEO. But WIX and companies like them want you to buy their templates and after you realize no one is going to see your website let alone be built to engage users and attract more inquiries. Then comes the search engine optimization fees and they go on and on. After you quit paying them, your site will drop whatever search results you may have. I have rebuilt sites from WIX and others alike. WordPress built correctly all along utilizing proper plug-in and loads and loads of hours learning SEO, which is constantly changing, leaves you trying to be a webmaster and now cannot work your own business. The sites I rebuilt of WIX had dropped dramatically in ranking from my first build many years back. I explained to the person building the WIX site where to place basic SEO and after checking later when his site went from page one to non-existent, I saw no titles, descriptions keywords Meta or anything. Google has made it more difficult for home website creators to build a professional site that works. You get what you pay for and on the SEO side you just lose a lot of money every month. WordPress is tops for SEO and mobile friendly websites. But it does not just happen. WordPress is difficult to work with and takes a lot of maintenance. If you just want to build a personal website that does not need to generate business or income, then WIX is a possibility. Also, I came across a WIX ad on Facebook bragging how great their sites were and search engine friendly. I ran basic Google guideline tests and the site speed was below 50 on mobile and had little to no SEO built in or optimized with tags etc. I hate to see the average consumer be misled and have an effect on their time and business. At least a warning before believing a company ad give people an option.

insightsg
7/24/15

I was reading all these poor reviews so I decided to call the Wix Customer Service to find out for myself. I was informed that I had to wait 4 minutes so i hung up after about 2. In about 3 minutes I received a call from a Wix Representative asking if I needed any help. I explained my reason for the call and he asked I was having problems with my site. We talked for a short while and so far i am very satisfied with their service.

As for building my website, I was encountering some problems but I quickly realized it was my fault because I had not taken advantage of the tutorials. After I read up on the information i am very happy with my site. I have added some animations, etc.

alines3
7/2/15

hi.

I´ve been create an website on wix.com in 2013, made payment, but my website never has been online, also i´ve tried to cotact them they never replayed. Now í´ve seen n my bank account they has charging bill over thereof reveniew domain, servisce they never provide, i´m tring to remove my account, found so difficoult!!

jessel25
6/16/15

Jesse Lee
June 16, 2015 at 7:44 pm

Worst company for excuses! They closed my accounts without even bothering to call and attempt in getting my new card information. Managers and supervisors are Fuking rude! They said they sent me countless emails, and it’s very true. However it’s never just important emails, it’s countless spam emails that have nothing to do with your account, and after serveral a week, you just stop looking at your emails involving them period. I spammed there emails, of course I didn’t want them, so not knowing that the important ones went with them. Who fault is that? Mine or there’s?

They demand respect however have no respect for you, did I link my email address with them for the purpose of being spammed? Did they ask me for permission to send me crap Countless times a week? No! Yet when I loose my wallet n forget to link up new card, they are still expecting me to check email. What a joke!

Now they use the excuse that they don’t have enough people, or have way to many clients that they can’t afford to call each one to maintain a relationship with them, when in fact they are the ones Fuking up to start with. Don’t demand respect from your clients when you can’t afford to give them any at all, we shouldn’t have to click on spam button, when you should have enough respect not to send us endless irritating emails to a business email. We have other clients we need to focus on, and sifting through your $#*! isn’t on our list of things to do.

Another excuse used is that we have an option to filter what they send us, we don’t work for you, yet they make us do so! How is that respect? We shouldn’t have to worry about you taking advantage of our kindness in such away. A-Holes!

For three months my account has been down, you would think I would have gotten a call? Nope! Well sir we don’t offer those service, however threatening you is one they offer! Or telling you well you have other options, n can go elsewhere! I think we should! I think you should tell all your long term clients who have kept you in business to go somewhere else! Four Fuking years of business with them, and I’m not owed an once of respect.

I fact the manager was rude, demanding, sarcastic, would not stop interrupting, and kept trying to lead the conversation to what he wanted it to be. Him and his fake apologies, meanwhile being no better then his other employees.

If we aren’t worth the time to get a call to let us know there is something wrong with our accounts, then we all should be telling wix.com to kiss our asses!

ac504
5/13/15

While I am happy with the way my site looks, the continuous problems with the mobile version of the site and the buggy newsletter sign up feature have made creating my site using Wix.com a costly mistake. The biggest issue is that my site does not load on Safari on mobile devices, specifically iPhones. Multiple customers tell me they can't load our site and every time they are trying to load it on their phone. My first trouble ticket was submitted on March 5, 2015 and as of May 13, 2015 the issue has still not been fixed. All of the service reps have acted like this is a problem specific to my site and even my mobile service provider, but it definitely is not. I have spent several hours on the phone with Wix.com with no results. I even spent an hour on the phone with AT&T because Wix.com tried to blame the issue on them even though customers with Sprint and Verizon were experiencing the same issues. After the last call to Wix.com, they escalated my ticket to a "Development Team". It has been 3 weeks and I have still not received a response other than they don't know when it will be fixed and they can't give me any expectation at all when they might have a better answer.
The thing that really concerns me is that I found a thread on the Wix.com support pages that makes clear from other users that this particular problem has existed since at least September of 2014.
Check out here if you would like.... https://www.wix.com/support/html5/ugc/4ce2d93b-c20f-4c15-921e-206ad9f63ff5/ec14e3b4-8c7b-43ba-b94e-cccff973c4b2
Either Wix.com has no intention of resolving this issue or they cannot resolve it. Neither of those options are acceptable if you have any potential customers that own an iPhone.
It appears that I am forced to recreate my site elsewhere, which is a tremendous waste of time that I do not have.
Please do yourself a favor and find another place to create your site. While the charges to use their tools and hosting are generally reasonable, you probably won't be compensated for the time it will take to recreate your site somewhere else when the very basic functionality of your site cannot be provided as promised.

louiseb36
4/30/15

3 months ago wix took a renewal payment from my credit card. I did not give authorisation for this. I requested a refund from them. 3 months ago they disconnected my website and have still not given a refund. I recommend anyone looking for a provider to steer clear of wix. Absolute rip off merchants!!!!!

tima27
4/20/15

I purchased a site off wix, it advertises £7 per month so put details in and they took £111 out of my account, now find they have billed me a further £26, if I try to access my account on wix it says whoops you don't have one yet so I cannot do anything. They say go to support that sends you to the pGe to buy the services, i have tried several e mails to try to resolve and get the same advice even though I have told them it's not working, they now have 5 working days to sort or I report them to the relevant Authorities, in May opinion a rip off just avoid,

matejam
3/31/15

​Well, Wix doesn't have a courtesy to inform its customers about the fact that their information regarding premium offers are highly deceiving and faulty, for instance, that the so called free vouchers, as just one of the examples, will not at all be free for most users at all, the users are not informed about that IN ADVANCE! That was a final drop for me, I'm going to end my relationship WITH WIX, for I have been charged by Facebook DUE TO NOT BEING INFORMED ABOUT THAT. That's just one of the examples of how Wix lures its customers into buying by hiding the facts or in other words lying to their customers. I find such practices absolutely unacceptable so that was final drop for me and I'm looking forward to switching to some other platform, but it cost me dearly, so beware, Wix will rip you off.

ellad10
3/22/15

Don't get me wrong, I like Wix, and it was a good place to create a website for my school project. I only have two problems with it: I couldn't figure out how to put it under a different URL, and I think it does cost money for certain things, so not free as advertised. Although my experience was average, please try it because people have different opinions. : )

jk73
3/13/15

Can't even do something simple, like get a photo onto your blogs correctly. Very frustrating. If your blog is important to you, you will be frustrated.

palomac1
3/10/15

Intuitive and customizable. I created a few websites with Wix without technical knowledge and they looked exactly like I wanted.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wix staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question