US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jonnyj1

This site was very easy to use and the customer service is great. (in 6 reviews)

luiso5

WebStarts is the best option to create my web pages is free and easy
(in 1 review)

▼ Sort by: recent

davidr94
11/18/14

much searching they found a pages with easy to use tools and help my little knowledge of web pages and that page I found is WebStarts.com

davidr93
11/18/14

Yo buscaba un sitio web donde pudiera hacer mis paginas web de manera rapida y facil y me encontre una gran empresa como los es WebStars.com me facilita mucho mi trabajo

jonnyj1
10/28/14

This site was very easy to use and the customer service is great. Real people on the phones who care about getting your site and business to be successful.

victoriad9
8/29/14

webstarts has always been there for me, with real people. they are wonderful. I think they are the best. could not do any better. real good support. !! Victoria Duron
POWER BOUND ELECTRICAL, INC.

freedoms
5/10/14

Some of the designs are a little older looking but I love the fact I can create whatever I want. There are really no limitations with WebStarts, so I'm able to create something original.

santiagoe7
5/2/14

I've tried a number of website builders and found webstarts to be the best. They've got good customer service and I like the drag and drop editor.

jennia1
4/11/14

Webstarts.com has been very beneficial for my business. It helped almost immediately, and it was really easy to create! With all the other tasks and duties that come with starting a tourist/local attraction, Webstarts.com was a breath of fresh air for me. Their easy to use interface and video tutorials made it easy to make an entire working website in less than a week. Thanks Webstarts.com!

louisb42
4/9/14

WebStarts recommended my friend said it was easy and fast to use, and thanks to him I have my own website!

brettp9
2/13/14

This is the best FTP Client & has every tool under the sun, and so easy a 3 yr old can go into business making the best web sites for others.
The problem is cost per domain. pushy renewal emails. And such. Great tech's poor business plan.
Webstarts premium package, for your premium domain is the best, easiest, fastest, simplest, most versatile, FTP Client I have found for the layman, with the best web site building tools giving up and allowing total control of any and all pages. Including unlimited with the following, width of the page, menu, text hyperlinks, photo or logo hyperlinks, with a great range of colors, logo links, of any kind imaginable insert able. So on and so on and so on. every tool you can think of is there.

kateo7
12/10/13

Let me say first that Webstarts wasn't always awful. I don't know what happened to them but I take back all my good reviews and write about the last six months. Webstarts is a web hosting company. They offer user friendly templates and I was happy with them, until...

They billed me for a year after 11 months. They billed four times for one year. They wouldn't refund the three extra charges. One of their customer service people stole my credit card number and made several attempts to charge things in Florida. Thankfully my credit card company knows I'm not in Florida, so they prevented the fraudulent charges.

After months of emails back and forth & not getting through to them, I spoke to them directly and they were verbally and emotionally manipulative/abusive. So I charged back the over charges.

My domain names are mine but as administrators they've refused to release the URLs to my new web host. I've started over with new everything. I love my new company. They've been very helpful

AS I PROMISED WEBSTARTS... HERE IS MY REVIEW: A once good company has lost their way, avoid http://webstarts.com. They're awful to deal with and will try steal from you a little bit or a lot. Don't let them.

jasonm88
10/2/13

I had started a website on webstarts but then started wondering about them... They seemed like they wanted your money. Sent me gobs of emails (that went to my spam). They have sales that they say that will end soon (within that day) if you don't take action but weeks later the sales are still going. Through emails they threatened to delete my website if i didn't upgrade. The upgrade feature does not upgrade much even when you pay. They have a very powerful website builder but it would be way better if they were honest.
These were my thoughts before I read reviews on Site Jabber. After reading the reviews and with my own conclusions I am ready to step away from webstarts and I cannot recommend them as a reliable company. I am not trying to bash them, this is just the truth. Maybe they could make a change for the better with God...

asomahi
10/2/13

Webstarts is the best scam I have ever come accross. There is no need making an attempt to try them. they are worth nothing. They promise only what they cannot do and trust me, if you ever make a mistake and you are thinking of re-imbursement of some funds, forget it because it will never happen.
They won't respond to your mails, and they will not attend to your calls. They are just a mere $#*!!!

bobc44
9/28/13

Credit card billed without authorization. Trying to get money back is like smacking your head against a brick wall. Hardly surprising the Pay Pal is not a payment option. Animations have not worked for over 8 weeks and my complaint was dismissed because it was not a priority. My phone calls were never returned and my emails were ignored. My advice is... NEVER give your CC details to Webstarts. The word "proceed" is taken as your authorization to debit your card.

paulk58
9/23/13

After attempting to cancel my account with webstarts .com , They have not stopped billing my submitted credit card for membership, and they do not reply to any inquiries that I make to them !

Please help !

roberta56
7/10/13

Don't worry about the 5 year "locking in before a price increase" - they've been saying that for almost a year and will probably never do it. It's a scare tactic they use to sucker people afraid to lose their website. As for 50% off "special", they've never NOT had that sell and have always charged regular price - feel free to check back everyday to see the sale "has extended." - Don't bother calling support unless you want to be sold something too - their technical support is really nothing more than a way to sell you something else.

hectorn1
6/28/13

Hello, I upgraded to Pro Plus WebStarts not long ago, and its been working very well for me. I have a personalized email, my own domain, log in to my website, forums and more!

dionisior
6/11/13

WebStarts is a great product, I really enjoy using their service quick and simple

wilmerg7
6/11/13

Easy & Very Powerful, i love it

timb35
5/13/13

I have used WebStarts since 2009 and I have a say that it has been a great experience. When I was graduating from college I needed a website as a part of my graduation requirements. As anyone who is trying to make a website knows, the options for creating site are somewhat limited if you don't know where to look. There are other applications out there but most of them are what I would call intuitive and the ones that I would consider intuitive I found to have far too many limitations with the design tools and therefore it limits my creativity.

WebStarts.com had none of these issues. It is intuitive and allows for full creativity, letting me make the site design I envision, not the one that will fit into the templates provided by the web builder application. Because of the tools that WebStarts offers I was able to complete my website in a timely matter and focus my attention on other studies which I also needed to graduate. In short, WebStarts was a lifesaver for me and I would recommend it to anybody who needs to build a website whether they are an amateur or professional.

connorr5
5/13/13

I've been using WebStarts for about a year and a half now, and I LOVE it. I'm a web designer and have switched to using WebStarts to build my client sites, it makes the design process 10X faster - which means more time for me to make more money!

sarahj38
5/10/13

A couple years ago I was in need of an easy site builder to not only build my own personal website, but to build sites for a couple of my friends, since I'm the only one thats good with a computer. I ended up sticking with webstarts, their prices were great, customer service was very personable, and they made it easy for me to build numerous sites which now enables me to have customers and maintain their websites for them. at the end of the day, choosing webstarts was a great choice.

martind21
4/17/13

I was very hesitant to use this product based on the reviews I had read. But for $7/month I said "what do I have to loose?".....and I'm glad I did.

The Software is Stupid Simple to use, I got through to customer service in literally 30 seconds and Johnny went above and beyond to answer any/all questions I had and was very user friendly. In fact, I had actually purchased $130 in services that I didn't need and he told me same and immediately reversed the charges.

As to email support,,,,,,well, that took 48 hours for a response. However, the response was very thorough and well thought out.

Personally, I am very happy with their product and support.

Martin D'Onofrio

drl1
4/3/13

Webstarts online performance is very sporadic; their customer service is super slow, impersonal and just about nonexistent - they are not easy to get ahold of, and once you get a real person, they are often rude and usually not helpful; the billing function continues w/o your notification and exact knowledge of what it is for, and its very difficult to resolve billing mistakes. Bottom line: STAY AWAY FROM WEBSTARTS --- they want your money, but don't want to hear from you, ever. I also have accounts with GoDaddy and Hostway for other domains - they are easier and better to work with, and you can actually get someone on the phone if you need to. My advice: Go online and check the website builder reviews on google prior to signing up with one.

rhondab9
2/4/13

They will keep charging you year after year even when you close your account!

karls19
11/23/12

My contract with webstarts was to supposed to end on Dec. 19 2012 one of my customers called and said my site was not up and running. I got an e-mail from webstarts and they agreed that my site was good until Dec. 19, 2012 webstarts closed it anyway since I e-mailed them saying I was going to close it out on Dec. 15, 2012. This company wanted me to sign up with them for 5-years-that was a red flag with me. Westarts will try and bluff you throgh e-mail to make there case, well they have no case on this one. I would not recommond this company to anyone, period.

williamh39
11/12/12

The Webstarts DNS configuration tool is broken, dropping subdomains off of it's DNS servers.

I pointed this out to customer support, with incontrovertible proof. They were unable or unwilling to research the problem. They claimed they don't provide support for DNS configuration EVEN THOUGH THE CONFIGURATION WAS FOR THEIR OWN SYSTEM USING THEIR OWN TOOL!

Eventually they brushed me off. I was forced to create a workaround using a different service after investing so much time and energy on Webstarts.

rachelh15
6/23/11

Why is Webstarts not working again?????!!!!!!!!! I can't get on their site or my own! what is going on? I called their # and it is a message saying no one is available to take your call and it hangs up. Is the servers down? Otherwise I love how easy it is to design the site and how creative I can be with designing my own look from scratch. It's just this is not the first time I couldn't get in my site. It's very frustrating I've put so much time in this site and I don't know what is going on or if my site is gone? So my review is the web design great! But is it reliable?

triciay
6/21/11

After trying numerous other web hosters/page builders, I found webstarts.com to be the most user friendly -AND has some very nice templates to choose from.

Wait. I lie.

They don't have *some* nice templates - they have a PLETHORA of nice templates!

lauras9
4/6/11

I just got billed 39.96 by Webstarts.com without any warning or notice. I had forgotten that I signed up with them last year on May 5, 2010. On April 6, 2011, I received notice that a deduction had been made from my checking account. Not only did I not receive any notice giving me the option of not renewing, they took the money from my account after 11 months - not a full year. These people are parasites, living off of those of us who had forgotten they even existed. This is equivalent to theft. Stay away from these people. I couldn't even tell you the last time I got an email from them, that says their support isn't that great either. If I'm supposed to be a member, you would think they would at least provide some kind of notice or correspondence. I have reported them to the BBB and submitted a complaint to the SCC.

andrewm13
12/7/10

Webstarts is a great website builder for beginnners/intermediate. It's growing fast and has a great platform to build on. The drag and drop editor has many features and allows you to place content anywhere on any page, unlike other drag and drop editors that have fixed content locations.

My only negative mark on this site is that they will nickel and dime you to death. They charge extra for most features that others consider basic. When you upgrade, don't bother with the Pro plan. It's completely pointless, takes your money, and gives hardly any extra features than the free plan.

Go with the Pro+ plan that gives you more. You're still going to have to pay more for things like a shopping cart, website statistics (used to be free but they make you pay now), and some other features.

Overall a good editor, but still has room to improve.