US Government's NSF

177 Huntington Avenue, Suite 6000
Boston, MA 02115, USA
Tel: 1-877-929-3247
service@wayfair.com

People interested in Wayfair are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

nel711

I have spend quite a bit with Wayfair and their customer Service Dept has been very cooperative. (in 39 reviews)

guyc16

He placed my order, guaranteed it would be here by the day I needed it and didn’t even charge me for shipping. (in 94 reviews)

kw59

Placed order arrived a day or 2 passed expected delivery date. (in 7 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

marsham14
9/2/15

Terrible company! Don't honor advertised prices. I was contacted by "customer advocate" and informed they made a mistake with advertised price and they can't sell to me at that price, but feel free to buy something similar at a higher price.

annb44
8/31/15

Purchased a ceiling light then we had a power outage which messed up my order I thought. Short story. I ordered the same light twice before knowing it. Wayfair has great customer service because the return was simply and credit was quickly processed even though it was my mistake.

karenm128
8/27/15

I called twice about a return of item. I talked twice to your so called staff and received two different ways to do so. no one could help me and had really no idea of what I was talking about?! they were not qualified employees. I am very upset with this situation. I would like to purchase another item from you store as I have done in the past but now I am not so sure
please respond to this matter ASAP

marilyng8
8/26/15

Their site is set up to make browsing and buying easy. Great selection, prices fair and sales are amazing. Love the fact they have a phone number, for orders, help, etc

tonib19
8/24/15

On my first order from Wayfair about a year ago, the delivery service dented the box and the beautiful table. I contacted Wayfair just to tell them (so they could contact the shipping service) not for a return, as we simply placed the little dent against the wall and it couldn't be seen. The Wayfair customer service rep urged me to return it, said, "No one should ever receive a shipment from Wayfair that is damaged" and then sent a partial REFUND (which I did not request) when I said it was too much trouble to return.

I recently (8/15) recommended Wayfair to a friend who had been looking everywhere for a Mission-style table for her living room. She found exactly what she wanted on Wayfair for a great price and it arrived SUPER FAST and in perfect condition.

Great selection, fast service and top-notch service is what we received from Wayfair. I recommend them to everyone.

kimk35
8/20/15

Ordering was easy and the customer service representative was really helpful. The vanity arrived on the date it was promised. Delivery went smooth and the product is perfect. Great experience ordering from this company. I will be ordering additional furniture from Wayfair in the near future.

cliffg16
8/18/15

June 29 - ordered "in stock" bed, estimated del date July 10
June 30- shipped date moved to July 7
July 12 - Bed no show, email moves del date to July 28
July 28 Bed no show, contacted cust svc (they didn't contact me). Talked to April NEil. April informs me she will research bed and email me every day until bed is delivered.
April never emails me.
Aug 4 - Cust svc emails me to tell me bed is "lost in transit"
Aug 4 - new estimated del date is Aug 24, 48 days after i paid for the bed. no apology and at this point, still no bed.
Wayfair is a joke. They falsely advertised that the bed was in stock when it clearly was not. They have not followed up along the way to let me know what was happening.
Buyer beware.

lindao23
8/16/15

I tired wayfair for the first (and last) time, and here's what I got. I ordered a table lamp for $58.00. It took 2 weeks to get, and received it broken. Not the glass, the actual metal that holds the bulb. It was shipped like that, not broken in transit. I called and they were very helpful, gave me a full refund since they were out of stock. I noticed the out of stock price was now $32.00! Not that they are back in stock they are $52, then $43 10 minutes later! Huh?!
The accent table I also ordered took even longer, 2-1/2 weeks. When I unwrapped it, I saw the rubber gasket that holds the glass in the door was laying loose, and I caught the glass as I opened the door. I cannot get the gasket back in it's groove, (doubt it ever fit in there) and will have to go to the hardware store to get something else. It's too big to ship back, and I like the cabinet so I'll keep it, but I won't ever shop with them again. Cheap merchandise from China, as is most stuff, but no quality control! Buyer beware!

johnnyj8
8/15/15

Horrible advertising. You do not get what you pay for. STAY AWAY!

ab2822
8/14/15

Don't ever do business with this company. They don't operate a legitimate operation. They post items and prices on the Internet and then don't honor prices. I ordered a table and chairs with cushions and only got a table even though I had a completed order that stated I had ordered a full set. Even though we notified customer service that their website said it came with chairs and cushions they didn't care what they were advertising on their website. I am contacting the better business bureau to complain about bait and switch tactics that they acknowledge. I will never do business with them again. Don't do business with this company. They are not legitimate and customer service is horrible and they break the law.

susanr64
8/13/15

My first time ordering from Wayfair. I bought a couch that had no reviews of the model that I bought but reviews on the same couch yet different color. I was a little skeptical with comments such as the couch was smaller than thought etc. But not only was the couch perfect in size and matched the description. The delivery time and communication was excellent right down to the delivery company and everything promised happened. Now that is a way to do business. I was very pleased but I do think the couch was slightly overpriced. Other than that, no complaints! I will definitely be ordering again!

lisap54
8/11/15

Prompt delivery and free! Great quality furniture for reasonable price.

kiml52
8/8/15

I ordered a few furniture pieces from Wayfair and was kinda disappointed. Some came in broken or had scratches on them, however, they did compensate for one of the products by credited it back to me. I just wish it was not the case because I rather buy something to use then have to exchange or return them. Qualtiy products is fair for the price you are paying for.

michaelh121
8/7/15

I ordered a cover for my Weber grill, and waited more than a week. I sent an email to customer service after checking the shipping status (which was three more weeks out) and stated that if I had known it was going to take that long, I would have ordered it from another vendor, even if I had to pay a little more plus shipping. The somewhat snarky response from them was that the estimated ship date was clearly on the product description and that the three weeks more was the correct date. (I don't remember seeing that, but I could be mistaken). The next day, however, an email arrived that said the item had been shipped and would be delivered the next day. It did, the product is perfect, well packaged, and my grill is now protected from the elements. Apparently there was some disconnect between the shipping department and customer service, or perhaps my complaint got the required action. Either way, the next time I order something from Wayfair - and I probably will - I'll check the estimated ship date more carefully. Had the response from customer service been worded differently and with a message that showed better concern for the customer - ME -, I might have given them five stars instead of only four.

myless14
8/3/15

After ordering a bed frame, decided against it 1/2 hour later. Tried to cancel - HA! Took me three phone calls (one to my bank to stop funds, two more to wayfair), multiple emails, and 4 days to get order cancelled.

They feed you a line about "we have to confirm with warehouse they aren't already shipping". Which would be fine, say I took a day to cancel; BUT IT WAS 30 MINUTES!!

I will never return as a customer, good luck to others.

jacobm62
8/3/15

It took awhile to be delivered but love it overall.

conniee6
7/27/15

My first experience with Wayfair was good. I bought a chrome standing toilet paper holder for the bathroom. The quality was great and was reasonably priced. I really like the selection of items that they have to choose from. The item was packaged well and delivered promptly by UPS.

ashleyr45
7/26/15

I've found many things off of wayfair that I would like to purchase but due to the terrible website and customer service I have yet to be able to purchase anything.

bobo26
7/23/15

I must assume Wayfair unfairly protects products with high ratings to ensure customers cannot find out about the product's problems.

BE CAREFUL TRUSTING product reviews when Wayfair so obviously deletes critical reviews.
You are only seeing the reviews Wayfair wants you to see.

Here's the background:
Just joined Wayfair and ordered a new bed. Ordering experience and shipping was fantastic, however, the product was not accurately described.

My review was thorough, accurate neutral (3 out of 5 stars) and followed their posting guidelines. I was careful to discuss only facts; referring to differences between Mfg's product description and the actual product I received. Overall, I am noted the bed was fine, but noted several areas the description was either inaccurate or lacking information that would help buyers make an informed purchase decision -- this is critical because the bed cannot be changed or returned (it's considered a custom order)

What a shame Wayfair purposely hides and deletes product reviews - deceiving their customers on product quality and construction.

Tip for consumers: Be very careful about trusting product reviews - Wayfair carefully chooses which reviews are published. Chances are they deleted many that were negative

maryl141
7/15/15

I ordered a bamboo corner shelf for my bathroom. It looked very nice in the picture,but when it was delivered all the necessary hardware was not there. My husband sent for the missing pieces and they sent the wrong screws not once but twice. I called Wayfair and the service department was very helpful. In fact they sent me another shelf for free and they gave me a discount on top of that. My husband finally was able to assemble it and one of the bamboo shelves broke. The is why Made in China is what you get. Not sure if I will buy from them again. I will only look for products Made in USA!!

latoyaj1
7/10/15

The table was smaller than I expected. My fault, I didn't look at the dimensions. I contacted way fair for a return and the rep told me I would have to pay for return shipment. Though I didn't like it but that's reasonable. She proceeded to tell me that way fair receive a 30% discount on shipping costs through Fedex that they pass on to their customers and she would email me the return shipment tags to print and place on the boxes. Things went south when she told me it would cost 266.30 to return the table that I payed $500 for and that the cost of shipping $266.30 would be deducted from my refund. More than half the cost of the table. I promptly told her I would ship it myself and requested their address. I went to Fedex myself and shipped the items for a total of 111.83. The same company she was using. How is it that I, an individual, was able to ship items for cheaper than a major retailer? They are liars and try to recoup some of their costs on returned items by charging their customers an arm and a leg to return items to them. I will never shop at Wayfair.com or purchase any items from their company. Very disappointed and pissed at the deception. I would give them 0 stars if that was an option.

randim1
7/6/15

When it says the item will ship in 1 to 2 weeks that does not mean to your house. It means it will just begin the shipping process. Then it says you will get an email to set up delivery. When you don't get the email and you call the person working customer service will have to email you the next day to give you the name and number of the local shipping companies number. The customer service person doesn't know who that is. After you receive the email you then call the mysterious local shipping company and make a delivery appointment and whenever the local shipping company is in my area they will drop it off. So if you buy from this company make sure you have a. lot of free time for phone calls and you Don't mind waiting a month for a product.

tinat22
6/30/15

why can I not get through to place an order? I have been calling forever to place this order and I do not understand why HGTV would promote these people!!!!

corrinw
6/30/15

I ordered a bed frame almost four weeks ago. It was supposed to arrive almost two weeks after ordered, however the tracking shows that the item was still on the other side of the country as of the delivery date and had been there for over a week. I contacted customer service to find out where my package is and when I can expect delivery. They said they had to contact the frieght company and would get back to me in a day or two. Two days later I got an email stating that my updated delivery date was scheduled for a week later. No explaination for the delay and not apology for the situation.

As promised I recieved an email with a 4 hour time window for delivery the day before the delivery was scheduled. The email promised that the delivery team would call a half hour before they arrived. They never called and my package did not arrive on the updated delivery date. I was not able to reach the delivery company to find out what was going on. The next day I got an email from the leasing office in my building stating that I had recieved several packages and they needed to access my apartment to drop them off. So my bed had been delivered a day late, with no 1/2 hour courtesy call.

The kicker is that this delivery was FIVE seperate boxes. At no point in the ordering process was I informed that my delivery would arrive in so many seperate packages. I'm not pleased. Wayfair needs to get the delivery system together. I would gladly pay for better, more reliable delivery then have free unprofessional, unreliable delivery.

rajeshp2
6/23/15

Wayfair has a very ridiculous policy of processing orders. If your billing address and shipping address are different for your first order then your order will get cancelled. You can not buy anything for anyone but yourself. I am not aware of this kind of policy for any other online business.

judyf10
6/19/15

I purchased a TV table from Wayfair. It arrived with a few scratches. Customer service (Rachel) sent a repairman who attempted to eliminate the scratches. He worked hard, but it was still visible although less so. I called back Rachel who offered us a discount asking us what was fair. I suggested an amount which she accepted.

chandans1
6/15/15

worse place to buy anything very unprofessional guys . they show one thing in the picture and send you different product . customer service worst .. my order was 1992434445

kevink63
6/3/15

In an attempt to make this negative review short and informational I will summarize my experience with Joss&Main or Wayfair over the past week. I ordered a table online and the shipping details were not available until after checkout. I completed the order anyway only to get an email saying my item would ship in 3-4 weeks to a 3rd party for them to then call and set up a delivery time in 1-2 weeks. Since I didn't want to wait over a month I called the next day to cancel the order. A side note, I got the same table for $150 less and delivered in 1 week from overstock.com.

The following is a string of dealings with Wayfair:

Called to cancel within 24 hours, their policy states 48 hours for a full refund. Gentleman who helped me was nice and said he processed the cancellation and the hold would be removed from my account.

I then get an email saying I cannot cancel my order because it was outside of the 48 hour window and I would still be charged. I called back and the female who helped me was nice and apologetic and promised everything was ok and the hold would be removed from my account.

I call back again days later since the hold is still on my account and I am ensured it will be removed by another customer service rep. It was in fact removed the next day only to be put back on the following day....

I then get an email saying my item is ready for shipping! I call them to ensure it does not ship as it was cancelled a week ago and asked why it was still being processed. Of course the hold is still on my account so I want to make sure they don't charge me and ship the item. The lady I spoke with said she will make sure it doesn't get delivered and will remove the hold on my account, notice a trend here!

Believe it or not, my item shipped! I called again and they tried to tell me that once shipped, the items cannot be returned. After some "investigating" on their part and reviewing the multiple notes on my calls they send another email basically stating they normally charge but will be so kind to not charge me this time.... Of course, they said the hold will also be removed from my account.

That brings me to today and they removed the hold but the only problem is they turned the hold into an actual charge! Yes, charged my account the full amount. I call again to see what the hell happened and get told that since it was cancelled after shipping, they charge the card once it ships. I am now blue in the face telling them it should never have shipped as I cancelled it a week earlier and spoke to 4 people at this point.

I now have a refund for $150, the cost of shipping by the way (maybe from China?). This is only part of the refund since apparently they refund in different increments and not at once. Still waiting on the rest of the money to be returned.

This was a long story that may be difficult to follow but yes the twilight zone is real.

angelaj14
5/31/15

I ordered a sofa and ottoman. The ottoman ordered is not the ottoman delivered and now all photos of the products (ottomans) have been removed from the website. Dishonest.

brendag22
5/23/15

this site is consistent with great products and quick shipment times.

judir3
5/19/15

I ordered a Little Tykes Cozy Coupe from Wayfair.com

The box was shipped to my home. The order is totally unacceptable. I Can't give this as a gift as intended. The carton is dirty, crushed / torn in places and looks like one end got wet. It looks like it was dragged here rather than shipped here.

Tried to resolve with Wayfair but Wayfair is hiding behind "policy" and steadfastly refuses to give a full refund or a new shipment unless I pay for return shipping.

This is a rather large and fairly heavy item. I can not bring myself pay return shipping for a totally useless product from a totally uncooperative seller.

Be warned; this outfit only cares about moving merchandise and billing for it - certainly not about a customer.

Tip for consumers: Go elsewhere!

patsyh1
5/19/15

I have ordered several items from Wayfair including a sofa and so far have had a good experience. The shipping is a little slow, took my sofa about 3 weeks to get here, but I thought well free shipping what do you expect. The sofa did arrive in good condition, but not so impressed with the company that delivered it. The other items I have ordered have been exactly as described and of good quality. I'm a little leary of ordering now after reading all the other reviews. Doubt I will ever order another big item from them now. I would give them 4 stars just because of the slow shipping.

bryand28
5/18/15

I found what appeared to be a great sale on Wayfair.com on a grill. I had previously found the same item on another site on sale for a bit more and had placed an order. When I found the sale on Wayfair.com, I cancelled my other order and placed one with Wayfair.com. I got a confirmation and an estimated shipping date. When I never received a tracking email for the shipment, I went back to the site to discover the sale had been cancelled. When I questioned them about it, they said that it was a mistake...too bad. They claimed they had sent an email (they lied...I checked all my email and spam folders). They offered to fill the order at nearly triple the price which was much higher than everyone else's prices. In the mean time, the sale on the other site I had cancelled ended so I got screwed twice. Stay away...they don't honor their pricing and try to re-sell you the item at higher prices.

lisar54
5/11/15

I recently ordered several items on different occasions from wayfair. The items are always of BETTER quality than the picture shows and they get to me in 3 days or less! No hidden shipping costs! The shipping truly is free just like the commercial says.Highly reccomend!!!

dalel15
5/2/15

ORDERED MEDIA CABNET. FROM CANADA NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN..PRICE 210.00. AFTER SHIPPING TAXES.ETC 372.14. ALMOST TWICE THE PRICE. BEWARE CANADA CHECK FINAL PRICE BEFORE ORDERING ANY ITEM FROM WAYFAIR. THE FINAL PRICE IS SHOCKING VERY COSTLY MISTAKE

trudeb
4/24/15

I have furnished my basement and a whole house with purchases from Wayfair, and must say I have never experienced better customer service.

I couple of items have been damaged during delivery, and there were no questions asked besides sending a replacement, refund my money, and schedule a delivery for the damaged package.

Everyone I have ever spoken to have been extremely polite and helpful.

I will for sure continue using Wayfair for any purchase I can.

annac53
4/21/15

I purchased the California Umbrella 9' Wood Pulley Open Market Umbrella from Wayfair in March 2015 and it broke in Mid-April 2015. I called my Rep Christine Russell assuming they would send a replacement and apologize for the inconvenience like any good customer service rep would do and instead she was very rude and almost aggressive with me saying it was not their responsibility and we probably broke it! I'm not sure why we would break our own new umbrella, but in any event we will never work with Christine or Wayfair again!

victimw
4/17/15

These people are at best unreliable and in reality, lying ratbags. If you order goods from these people, you will be given a date (not a time frame or even notice of whether it will be in the afternoon or morning) when delivery will supposedly take place. Then you will get a note saying that you were not home when they came (even though you were) and then you will be given (after a long agonising phone call where you will be left on hold for hours) another date when you will be told it will be re-delivered - only it won't be, even though you will have spent the entire day at home. This scenario will be repeated until you have practically gone insane. You will never see your item. Then you will be taunted by them as to how long they will take before they will issue you a refund for your never-delivered item...
Good luck!

michaelr123
4/9/15

I received 2 defective items out of 3 orders from Wayfair.com. I fixed one myself and tried to return the other defective item. Wayfair.com lists 2 methods for returns, but neither one works. The first method requests an order number and email, but just erases the data after you input it. After logging in and checking the item in question, the site puts me into a loop, claiming the item was not checked. Zero for two. Waiting to hear back from customer service, after wasting time trying the 2 methods offered by Wayfair.com that don't work.

philipb29
3/30/15

Once my son got used to the strong smell he found the chair comfortable.

earlm33
3/25/15

ITS NOT FOR A TEENAGER. Bought this for my 10 year old daughter who is 70 lbs avg 9 year old, and it was just the right size for her. Better fit for my 5 year old. Wouldn't recommend this for a child over 10 years old.

cynthiap23
3/23/15

I ordered a chair from wayfair's birchlane site on nov 28 and was told it would be delivered Jan 15. months after the promised delivery date I received the wrong chair. Returned it. waited an additional month and a half. Received the wrong chair again. They did offer a discount when asked but it was for %15 which is less then the multiple sales discounts they have offered over the span I have waited and certainly my time is worth more. They do not fulfill their promises and do not go out of their way for customers.

rhondas13
3/10/15

This company charged my credit card for an order that was never placed, and there's no order #.

Tip for consumers: beware

marshal316
3/5/15

We ordered a bedframe from Wayfair.com at the end of January 2015 that we are still waiting for and it now the first week of March 2015. We were first told the bedframe was on back order but since it has finally shipped from their California warehouse it has taken a month and it still has not reached our Minnesota home. I have contacted Wayfair a couple of times and all I get is the run around. As I watch the tracking of our merchandise it would appear it has been in every state in the union. It is now in North Carolina where it has been for several days. We have invested too much time now to cancel our order and Wayfair cannot tell us when or if we will ever receive the furniture we have already paid over $1,000.00 for. We have never ordered from Wayfair before and we will never order from them again. I will go back to being a loyal amazon.com customer.
Marsha

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Wayfair and stick with amazon.com.

mikes276
3/4/15

Ordered a buffet...it took several week for it to arrive. When I received it one of the doors was cracked. Noah with Way Fair ordered a replacement, it took six weeks to arrive!!
When assembling the rest of the buffet another door did not fit!! Piece of junk!! Way Fair never offered to resolve the issues. I will never purchase from them again.

Mike

carolew7
3/3/15

This is not about your online business, but about your sponsorship of the Ellen Degeneres Design Challenge. After choosing the winner you then turned around and disqualified him in a shamefully embarrassing way on national television claiming something similar had been made by another designer - I'm sure you could have found something similar to Katie's as well - I've seen similar table/stool setups. If I was Tim, I would sue you for defamation of character as I'm sure you have seriously damaged his reputation and his business. I will not be watching any more of her/your shows! Carole Weeks, Daytona Beach, Florida.

lynnew8
3/1/15

Ordered a Hall Tree about a month ago, which was in stock at the time. After the expected delivery date came and went, and I hadn't received my item, I called to inquire. I was told that the item had been delivered to the wrong address in a different town. When the drivers went back to retrieve the item, they dropped it and it broke. Instead of immediately sending a replacement to the right address, they were "waiting for my call" to see if I still wanted the item, which I (obviously) did, since I wasn't aware of the delivery problem to begin with.....The story gets worse....the customer service rep says they still have the item and will send one out immediately. Again, days go by with no status update. I call to find out that they never shipped the replacement item and now the item I ordered and already paid for us out of stock/ back ordered. Weeks have gone by with no communication from Wayfair. Today, I called again to check on my piece of furniture. I was told that it will arrive in the warehouse this week. I responded "great, I assume that this will express ship, since I've now been waiting for the replacement item for over a month? The response "No, we won't be able to do that. We cannot ask our drivers to speed." Then, the young lady very pleasantly asks me to hang on to answer a few customer service questions. I decline saying "trust me, you don't want my feedback right now.". Worse customer service ever! If the item I ordered wasn't a unique piece of furniture that I haven't seen anywhere else, I would cancel my order. Cannot believe what a complete joke the entire process has been. Meanwhile, they have already been paid $600 for this purchase! Insane!

kathrynb14
2/19/15

When decorating or just looking for that special item, you won't go wrong choosing wayfair.com. They carry top-notch items you can't pass up, and you won't break the bank. The Daily Sales are well worth checking on a regular basis. In addition to their already discounted quality Items, Daily Sales give you even more of a discount.

Their wide selection of just about anything you are looking for is the best! I have even bought furniture pieces, for example, end tables, and a platform bed, for 1/2 the price I would find locally. And everything I have ordered has been quickly delivered, and in perfect condition.

I had one occasion to use Customer Service due to a small problem and was surprised at the courtesy of the Reps and how quickly my problem was resolved. No hassle, and to my complete satisfaction!

This is one of the best online sites to shop for any decorating solution, from big to small. That is why I always check wayfair.com first. I do not have to spend all day shopping for what I need or want. Quality is a big factor for me when shopping, and wayfair has that hands down to most other discounted online sites.

You can't go wrong! I am always amazed at the large selections of items. I could spend hours shopping on wayfair but I never have to because their items are organized in such a way that it is easy to find whatever you are looking for.

joyceh15
2/15/15

it was okay I had a little problem with the return

ronr28
2/11/15

Second time I have used Wayfair and shipping is very slow. This will be the last time

Tip for consumers: if you have time to wait otherwise go some where else.

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wayfair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: HI, I would like to order 3 items (Dinning set, TV unit and Buffet cabinet). Please let me know whether I have to pay separate shipping charge for each item .
6/11/15
Answer
joew38
A: I wouldn't order anything big from Wayfair. I had to order the same product 3 times, and each time, the product was damaged. Wayfair rhymes with nightmare for a reason.
7/29/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: How do I exchange an item?
Answer
annac53
A: yes, call customer service, I hope they treat you better than they did me!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Wayfair staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Wayfair

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Wayfair to save!
Go to Wayfair