US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

nel711

I have spent quite a bit with Wayfair and their customer Service Dept has been very cooperative. (in 65 reviews)

guyc16

He placed my order, guaranteed it would be here by the day I needed it and didn’t even charge me for shipping. (in 143 reviews)

nataliyar1

I have bought from them for over 1 years and never had a problem with a return or damaged item. (in 81 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

cl7214
5/3/16

I returned a $256 briefcase in February. Tracked the FedEx shipment and they received it 2/23/16. As of 5/2/16 they still hadn't credited me for the return. I emailed and called and they are finally working to get the refund credited. What if I never contacted them????? I am completely unimpressed with how they handled this. Not sure if i'll purchase from them again. Looks like they need to be babysat in order for them to do their jobs.

accomplicek
5/1/16

Wayfair is the site where people who throw money at problems and no common sense shop. It is to online shopping what Target is to Walmart in real life. It's for people who think they're posh, but you can find EVERYTHING less expensive elsewhere, sometimes locally, and almost always for less even after factoring in additional shipping. It is the drove-by-shooting of internet shopping. In the end, Wayfair.com will make you look stupid. Will you fall for their false math??

taylorj11
4/29/16

I love this company. And I hear it is a very great place to work, with casual environment. And they sold many items Online with delivery from UPS or delivery from FedEx. But then the prices of the items increased and then they stopped offering the items so I had no choice but to not shop there any more. And if you are wondering about returns I actually can tell you because I had a problem. I ordered 50 pounds (two 25 pound bags) of guinea pig food. THEY SENT ME 50 pounds (two 25 pound bags) of BIRD FOOD. When I told them about the problem then they asked me to provide the UPC (or something) of the product. And then they apologized, sent new bags of guinea pig food and told me to keep the bird food. But now Wayfair sells neither.

harveyh22
4/28/16

Wayfair has a terrible return policy, you will pay to return your product if you are not happy. In the world of online shopping this is making them very the outlier and non competitive. Buy from Amazon or Target or any company that makes returns easy.

When I pay to get the product (not free shipping) and it is not up to the quality impression their words gave me, I will always return the product and expect the company to pay for the shipment back to them. Wayfair refuses with excuses that they use vendors who drop ship for them. This is not our problem. There are just items that you can't ask enough questions about to determine if it is right for you until it arrives. With Wayfair it could end up costing you a lot more money that you expected.

Just buy other places, these people do not get it.

Tip for consumers: Be very cautious when buying from Wayfair. if you don't like it, it will cost you a lot more.

maryf107
4/27/16

Our king-size headboard was full of bedbugs -1we realized it after the install --thousands and thousands our house is now infested--we have bites up and down our bodies -- Wayfair offered me a $100 gift card and my exterminator bill is $1800 and repeat treatments- I have to bag every item of clothing in my home wash it in hot water -keep it bagged for 2 weeks just in case--- you get what your pay for--- do not order anything upholstered!

susans218
4/27/16

Ordered a couch & matching chaise. Great sale prices, name brand (Serta). Beautiful furniture and I've gotten lots of compliments. The chaise originally came damaged. I called Wayfair while delivery guys were still there. They ordered a replacement and told me to keep the damaged one until the new one came. New one was delivered about 2-3 weeks later in perfect condition.
Sometimes, people have to realize Wayfair is a fulfillment house--you place the order, they place it with the manufacturer and it is shipped from there.

johannaf4
4/27/16

After being told my order was "ahead of schedule" when I called to inquire about it, it turns out it wasn't. Because it was LOST. How do you lose a bed frame? I called them everyday and was told I'd be contacted back. Never happened. So I had to keep calling to figure out what was going on... only to find out after over a month of waiting that it was lost. AVOID THIS COMPANY. Spend your money elsewhere. Wayfair isn't worth it.

sharonj49
4/24/16

With so many on-line companies offering amazing service and products, it pays to shop around. I did not and ended up going with Wayfair. I ordered a product that was VERY different in color from what was shown on-line. Mind you, I spent a great deal of money on this order with about 7 items. They refused to take the item back unless I paid for shipping. The customer service person pretty much said "You should read policies and so sorry but this is what you need to pay if you want a refund". That was it.

PLEASE do yourself a favor to avoid very costly returns, even if you have to return due to Wayfair's error, shop around for a better deal.

dickl14
4/23/16

I was about to purchase a bed and headboard for our grandson today - online. I placed the bed in the Shopping Cart and before selecting the headboard I continued with the bed and was about to check out when I noticed it said 'Headboard Included'. Well I'm not looking for anything for nothing but why purchase another headboard if one comes with the bed? I called Wayfair to confirm this and that's where things went sideways. No they said the headboard is not included and while I was talking to them the price actually changed going up about $120 for the same SKU and now on the product information it is saying the headboard is included. What!!?? I've purchase a couple of things from Wayfair in the past and have recommended them to friends. Like I said we have no problem paying fair price for things but to change the price while you have me on the phone and then behave like it never happened?

Ask $#*! about Wayfair
rickr61
4/12/16

We ordered 3 barstools from Wayfare.com, the 1st time we have ever used them (and the last) we received confirmation Emails that they Shipped on Apr 5th, estimated arrival date April 7th - April 9th rolls around, and still no bar stools. I had been tracking them and it said 'Shipped' but on fedex -- nothing -- 1st phone call I was 'Assured I will contact the warehouse on Monday (I called on a Saturday) and I will Email you Monday'... No email Monday... Monday afternoon I called back.... still no one knows what's up with the stools 'I'll contact the warehouse right away and I'll email you Tuesday, if they can't find them, I'll do a re-order as a rush". Today is Tuesday afternoon... No Email again. 3rd call to Wayfair -- again the pull up my order number. 'I see the problem, there wasnt enough room on the Fed-ex truck (on the 5th) I guess there wasnt enough room on the 6th, 7th 8th, or the 11th either. Please just CANCEL the order... 'You'll see a credit on your credit card in 3-5 business days...(Yea, I believe that! -- Disputing charges today!) Wayfare --- what a JOKE -- They would have to GIVE me a house full of furniture to even CONSIDER them again.

cherylk16
4/11/16

Needed some things for a rental cabin. Woodsy decor us hard to find and you never want to spend much on things renters will just destroy.

Wayfair had the right products. They shipped quickly and everything was as described. Price was equal to quality.

I would and will purchase from them again

esterzg
4/9/16

I ordered some items and ended up with cheaply made items I had to keep because they keep half of what you paid as supposedly shipping charge.

NEVER, EVER WILL BUY FROM WAYFAIR. First and last time.

kiml81
4/9/16

I order a compost bin. It was supposed to arrive next Monday, I received it today, two day earlier. The product is as they advertised. Easy to put together, ii had one similar years ago and love it.
Great service; great Purduct. Very satisfied customer!

vickiep7
4/6/16

Why does wayfair lie so much ordered gazebo cover 10 x10 it was not even close to the right size and I have to pay to return it? Go jump in a lake wayfair!

jeremyp20
3/31/16

purchased ping pong table for top of pool table arrived damaged and missing pieces tried to contact company but no luck. worst site ever.

amandan27
3/31/16

Horrible service. I had called to ask a question about a table and chair set the person told me 4 chairs came with the table well it ended up being NO chairs came with the table I called to speak to someone higher up and they didn't do nothing about it told me sorry basically for the miscommunication very rude I will NEVER buy from here ever again.

theresad21
3/29/16

I ordered a flooring sample about 2 weeks ago. Last week I got an e-mail saying there was a delay. Today I got an e-mail confirming that they cancelled my order as requested. I don't know who cancelled it but it certainly wasn't me.

Either someone at Wayfair decided to cancel my order and didn't bother telling me OR my account was hacked. Either way I'll NEVER buy anything from Wayfair again.

christinep50
3/29/16

Very disappointed about shipping. I orderd the dresser for my daughter. The website says 2 days deliver but i never got the dresser on time. I called customer service. They didn't give me the day for the deliver. It's already 3 weeks i still not have the dresser. What's wrong with it?

dianaa32
3/28/16

We called Wayfair Canada to order a bedroom set for our daughter in February 2016. We were concerned about ordering because the desk that came with the set was out of stock. Wayfair Canada assured us that the desk would be back in stock in a couple of weeks and convinced us to put in our order. The collection was discontinued a couple of weeks later and we were never able to order the desk. More importantly we purchased an incomplete set based on a blatant lie from Wayfair. When we got the items we ordered the two chest drawers that were part of the set were damaged, one very badly and the other one just slightly at first view. We accepted the less slightly damaged chest of drawers and sent back the other one. A month later, we still don't have the replacement for it. When we were putting together the chest of drawers we accepted, we found out that the knobs that came with it were not pre-drilled all the way and could not be installed. We had to order replacement knobs. We also ended up ordering a desk from another collection, which arrived damaged. They sent us the desk a second time and again it arrived damaged. After having received the majority of what we ordered damaged and the quality of it deplorable, we decided to put an end to this miserable experience. We called Wayfair and proposed an exchange, we wanted to get a completely different set and send back the initial nightmare set to them. They refused! In order to get our money back, they expect us to repackage the items we opened and assemled and ship everything back to them at our own cost. We thought we were being reasonable in offering to try our luck with another set, but apparently lies and unacceptable service is what Wayfair wants to be known for.

charlesj17
3/8/16

I bought a king sized comforter for my queen bed. My bedroom is red and black chinese. The comforter is red on one side and black on the other. It looked much nicer in the photo on the WayFair web site and the price was great. Unfortunately, it looks and feels cheap. Something like that probably needs to come from a local store.

Tip for consumers: Choose carefully, glossy photos usually look better than the shipped item.

kalliew
3/7/16

I purchased a rug from Wayfair.com. Not only was the description spot on and the rug of good quality, the delivery was immediate and fast. But the best part is the customer service I received. I went on their website to leave a review of the rug and noticed it was on sale for $50 less than what I paid! I contacted Wayfair.com and they refunded the $50! Now that is good customer service. I will order again with confidence.

samanthad24
3/4/16

Email I sent directly to wayfair:

I have ordered from you multiple times and EVERY SINGLE TIME you have messed up. I always have hope that your company will get their act together, but every time I order from you, something goes wrong. This past order was supposed to arrive today. I got notified TODAY that my rug wouldn't be sent out for close to two weeks even though I was supposed to receive it TODAY. My curtains were supposed to be delivered to my house. Instead, they got delivered to a local Krauszers where I have to go PICK THEM UP MYSELF tomorrow if I have time. Ive been home all day and no one tried to even deliver them here. Its ridiculous. The last time I tried to order a rug from you about a month ago, you sent a completely different rug and tried to rationalize it by telling me on the phone that the one I wasted wasn't in stock so you decided to send a different one. WHAT. you've got to be kidding with that. When I had to return it, I never received my refund, so I had to call and remind you TWICE. You've also sent me a vanity I ordered with MISSING PIECES and the replacement pieces took almost a month to arrive. Once I receive this order, I will no longer be a customer of yours. I will not recommend you to anyone I know. In fact, I plan on doing the exact opposite. Thanks for nothing Wayfair.

ingridag
3/2/16

Just received the table that I've ordered with wayfair. Opened the pack and found that the table top is damaged and that metal table legs are rusty!!! And it's suppose to be a brand new product!!!! Honestly so so so disappointed!!!! Called them up and after a half an hour of arguing managed to get the item replaced. So hopefully this time the table will be in the excellent condition. Honestly if the table will arrive in terrible condition again I'll need to demand for a refund.
Oh, and their return policy is to dispose by yourself the faulty item, they don't take it back!!!
Please, don't ever ever by anything of this website as product and service is horrible!!!

nellyb6
3/1/16

There policy states that items will be charged to your account as shipped wayfairs does not honor this policy they will hold the charge until all items ship. I bought 4 things the first three came straight away the last came 4 weeks later they held the charge for 4 weeks instead of charging as shipped. When I called to complain they didn't care and made me pay for my own return. Worst company ever do not buy from them

brittm3
2/29/16

Really love their merchandise. Twice, though, I've found it cheaper through other sites. Once through a sister company. Ships well. Great quality.

janessal1
2/29/16

I recently moved into a new house and have been furnishing little by little. I have gone to Wayfair.com because they have really cute things. Everything was going well until I ordered an area rug. The way the ship it, it is just wrapped in plastic wrap which is great but the rug that I ordered wasn't as pictured online. It was described as cream and beige but it was more like beige on beige and didn't go with my room. SO i had to return it. Of course the rug didn't fit back in the plastic wrap it came in so I had to spend $40 just to send it back through FedEx minus the other $15 I lost for the shipping label through Wayfair.com. All in all, I lost $50 just to return the rug and not very happy about it. Doesn't look like I will be ordering from them anymore.

gabbyw1
2/29/16

I have reluctantly made a purchase at Wayfair for a marble cutting board ( I had unsatisfactory experience with their products in the past) - the entire corner of the board was cracked, which, maybe!, could happen during shipping - but additionally it was chipped on the edges, kind of all over - no one checked this product before it was shipped - this company is cutting a lot of corners (no pun intended!)- never again will !

jimmyj22
2/28/16

i paid for a delf arc lamp at Wayfair shop on Ebay. They charged my credit card and I waited for my lamp. Wayfair then notified me that they were cancelling my order as the lamp was being discontinued. Now i see on Ebay that it is again being offered just 2 weeks later at a much higher price! Ebay closed the dispute at Wayfair's request! So, now I have 2 companies that I am very leery of - Wayfair and Ebay! Hey Ebay, wonder why other auction sites are taking your business. Wayfair is misnamed - it is certainly not fair to its customers!

karenn18
2/23/16

Awesome customer service

elenak25
2/18/16

Gee, your reviews are quite harsh...gosh and I just ordered some small, but I want to purchase industrial side table for about $665. what are my chances? Your customer service has to be fired and hire new personnel....I want to be a WAYFAIR satisfied customer - you have such nice wares.

melindat1
2/14/16

My first purchase with Wayfair was a spa/hot tub-- cost about $2500 when everything I found in pool and spa stores was over $5000. The hot tub was delivered on the promised day, heavily packaged to avoid any damage and standing on its side. Although I tipped the delivery men for bringing it around to the back of my home, I wish they'd gone a step further and set it up for me-- it would have taken them an extra 5 minutes to lay down the hot tub and remove all the shrink wrap and padding foam so that it was ready to fill up. Instead, I had to enlist the help of 3 strong friends though it was still worth all the effort. The hot tub has been one of my best investments ever and I use it almost daily, even when it's below 0 outside like today. Before I placed my order for the hot tub I spoke with a super-nice and helpful customer assistant who wasn't in a hurry to get off the phone, something I often experience when calling 1-800 numbers with my questions and concerns. I have also ordered office chairs and a bathroom space-saving chrome storage rack, and everything arrived quickly and in perfect condition, though I did have to assemble the chairs and the rack but that seems to be the new normal. As with any website, before you shell out your hard-earned money, please be sure about their return policy though I have had pretty good luck with Wayfair, you must check first so as not to get burned.

sl298
2/12/16

WORST customer service I have ever had in my life. I ordered a mattress on Jan. 29, client service rep was Kathy; it was supposed to be delivered on Feb.9. At end of day, NO mattress, I called Wayfair,spoke to Karine, she informed me that the UPS driver needed more info about the directions, we checked the address and it was correct. To be delivered the next day (Feb 10). Again, NO mattress at end of day, nor contact from Wayfair or UPS. I called Wayfair again spoke to Tyler, the UPS driver was still needing directions; we checked again and the address was correct. It was to be delivered in the a.m. on Friday, Feb 12. I phoned at 11:00 a.m. to verify status (client service rep did not give her name). She read the history of the claim and was to track with UPS. She suggested that I speak with the UPS person; knowing full well that I am from Canada, she transferred me to the UPS office of the USA. The client service rep there had no idea of my location in Canada, much less the exact address. She wanted me to give directions from Lachine in Montreal to my address over the phone. She had no idea why the driver would not have used googlemap, mapquest or GPS to locate my address. She insisted that I contact the Canada UPS to further the status request. I refused, she finally said that she would send an electronic request to the Canadian UPS to follow up with the order. I called Wayfair once again and spoke with Amber.... she, like the UPS rep thought it was up to me to follow up with UPS.... I flatly refused. If a company can't trust that UPS will follow through on the delivery, it is not up to me the customer to run around trying to resolve the issue. At this time, I had already spent at least 2 hours throughout the week trying to locate the merchandise. During the entire week, at no time did Wayfair or UPS contact me..... I changed my plans for 3 days to accommodate the supposed delivery!!! Before ordering from them again, I will certainly ensure that they are engaged in resolving any matters of delivery! Make sure you do the same before you close the deal!

danield89
2/11/16

I bought a dog bed but it was too small for our dog. I wanted to exchange it for something larger, but was told this was a non-exchange item. Please be aware! What major company does not allow you to exchange an item for a different size. When I was looking at the item it said there was a 30-day return policy, but when I checked out it noted at the bottom that it was not returnable. Shame on me for not seeing it at the "place of order time", but it should have also mentioned it on the description page instead of saying there is a 30-day return policy. Again, please be aware. I just wasted $80.00.

kathleens28
2/10/16

I have ordered at least four items for my home and each one was delivered in a timely manner, was exactly what it looked like in the photo, if necessary was easy to assemble or ready out of the box. All make me smile to look at!

judithk6
2/5/16

I have bought several items from Wayfair and have been happy with my purchases. They have some great sales.

bryanc29
1/28/16

I recently joined and ordered a few things from wayfair.com. the first order that said in stock went to back order. The only issue was, I wouldn't receive it for over a month. I had to search to find this out since the back order notice did not tell me the length of time I would wait. I cancelled the item with out issue and found a similar item that was stated to be in stock and there were ten plus ready to go. On top of being in stock, the item said I would receive free 2 day shipping and get it by Thursday the same week, I placed the order, it was Monday. Well I called yesterday, Wednesday, since the order was giving me an expected shipping date for the next week. I called and the operator gave me a yes well get it taken care of, well nothing changed and so much for the 2 day shipping or maybe they don't really have it in stock. If your using wayfair.com be aware that the advertised in stock and shipping dates may be to earn business and hope you won't cancel. I'll give 2 stars since I received one order quickly and the other 2 have been questionable and customer service was no help but tonque service.

julianp11
1/28/16

The company is a piece of $#*!!!!

bijane
1/27/16

I ordered Dining Room set, Dining room Buffet, 3 pieces coffee table, Sofa & Love seat, Bed frame, mattress, desk,... in the amount of $5,500 in December, 30th of 2015. Order# 2105335421.
After 17 days I received the a Broken Dining Table! Called and they offered to replace it buy another one but will take up to 21 more days to be sent! They have ruined 2 important parties of ours so far because we have no dining table!
Also we have not received our sofa & love seat since then (we sit on the floor) and just got a notice that we will receive this order between Feb 10 to Feb 15! While when we were ordering it said will be shipped in two weeks! You Buy online, pay it off and then will get it 45 days later!
I have called this company several times and they said my customer service person is Zakkiya Hill at (617-)502-7514 . I have left 4-5 voice message but no reply.
No one will return your call if they know you need help.
Please!Please! Do not buy from these crooks.
A Very Unsatisfied Customer
Bijan Eftekari

debbien21
1/26/16

I'm giving this a 2 star only because they said they would send me the correct product, set to ship in 2 days.
I received my delivery today for the Objecto H7 Humidifier, and although the outer box seemed legit, the inner box was branded "Allonge", as well as the user manual, and the product itself didn't even have the objecto logo that it should have (i know because i've seen it in stores). I called them, and a rep named Kristy confirmed that i received the wrong product number, and that they will send me a replacement and let me know on a future date if they require me to ship back the "wrong" product. I'm disappointed because they expected me NOT to notice, i'm not stupid. let's hope the correct one arrives next week, or i will take matters even further. BE CAREFUL!!

mariae33
1/19/16

Ordered once from Wayfair, product came in on time, packaged well, we are very happy with the service from this company.

vidyas1
1/18/16

purchased patio furniture and kids table ....loved it and it was on sale .excellent packaging . There was no hardware in the patio furniture called up the customer service department and they sent me the hardware immediately . Will def purchase more furniture from Wayfair ...

ronaldf15
1/17/16

Worst service I have ever seen. Ordered an item for the Holidays. When I ordered they said my item would ship on one date. Did not! Then date moved to after the Holidays so I waited. Did not ship? Sent an email to the company. Got an email from Costumer Service saying it would ship another date Did not! I don't do lying. If there is an issue just tell me don't string me along. Now they can stick the item up there $#%. Do not know how they stay in Business.

disgustedu
1/13/16

If you are looking for a job and want to be lied to then this is the place for you! My husband has worked there for 3 years and helped them turn in to the business that they are now in the West. At the first of the year, he even got a raise. He has been talked to for at least the last 6 months about the bonus he would receive for the past year's work and efforts that he has made. Yesterday at the end of his shift of course, they told him it was best to part ways. Out of nowhere!! He was to receive his bonus in 9 days! Coincidence? I think not! No reason whatsoever! He had a review a week ago that went pretty well and to the least comparable to everyone in his department. If you want to be used from a big time corporation- then this unjust employer is for you!

leeannh2
1/11/16

I have purchased many items from Wayfair and even if there is an issue they stand behind everything they sell. There Customer Service has been wonderful. They are a first rate company and I plan on purchasing from them indefinitely

kristih7
1/9/16

This is pure fiction. Since a Victorian Coco and some other color option was delivered not once, but three times!!! No explanation.

louisc39
1/8/16

I purchased a large rug late oct/15 from Wayfair. I bought the same rug from them a few years earlier and it wore out in a spot so i replaced it with the same one. Since receiving my new rug it has been a disaster. It sheds and is falling apart. Due to it's size I did not want the hassle of returning it and did not bother to complain to Wayfair until today 1-8-16. Customer rep Kelly took my call and was just so sweet and fabulous. She handled everything for me and ordered a replacement at my request. As I am disabled I order on line often but I am so impressed with the great customer service Kelly provided that I felt the need to write this review, I never write reviews. I will be a loyal customer of Wayfair and I hope that someone there recognizes Kelly for the contributiion she makes to there company. Thank you, Lou Crisafi

cherylb48
1/7/16

Wayfair has quality products ,free shipping and a very polite customer service department.

katem64
1/7/16

It's been 3 months and I have still not received my sofa from Wayfair! They kept e-mailing me giving me a later date on when the sofa would arrived and then close to the arrival date i called to double check on it and they told me "oh actually it's on back order" and when i ordered the sofa 3 months ago they said they had 10 in stock! DO NOT USE WAYFAIR unless you are ok with waiting 3 months.

donnad56
1/6/16

I bought a stool and they shipped me a table. Took over 3 months to get the huge table out of my home. They never sent the correct stool to me so i asked for a refund and it took another 2 months for my refund to show up.

melanieb43
12/30/15

great selection, reasonable sales

21 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wayfair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Wayfair staff and other customers.

2 Coupons for Wayfair

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Wayfair to save!
Go to Wayfair