US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

larrys53

Customer service appears to be terrible, wish I had read the reviews prior to ordering. (in 15 reviews)

timg3

This, as at most stores, voids much of the return policy. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

marlettr
3/19/15

I purchased a watch from this company during the holiday's for $285.49. Because the holiday are hectic I also purchased insurance thru them in case the watch was lost. Watchismo decided to keep the money and not purchase the insurance. Since the watch was lost I needed to file a claim but was not able to because the insurance that I thought I bought through them was not purchase by Watchismo. I am so willing to share my experience and emails that was sent back and forth with this despicable company. They lie and cheat and hopefully will be out of business soon. If anybody is interested in filing a class action suit against please let me know.

Tip for consumers: Please don't purchase from them its not worth the aggravation.

brianw61
1/17/15

THE WORST SERVICE IN HISTORY. THEY WILL MAKE ANY EXCUSE NOT TO HELP YOU. THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME AN ITEM I PAID FOR AND I BOUGHT THE INSURANCE TOO. THEY ARE INSURANCE SCAM ARTISTS!!!

LISTEN TO THIS REPLY!!!

I do apologize you stated in your previous email "I can confirm it was tossed but I can show u the cardboard box". There is nothing further we can do unless you can retrieve the packing slip that was included in your package.

Best,
Monica
Watchismo Customer Support

amandal34
12/26/14

This has to be the worst purchase I have ever made in my 38 years. I will NEVER order
Anything from this company again. I would rate the customer service if that's what you could call it. I could never get in touch with anyone on the phone and emails are a joke. You would be better off taking your money, ripping it up into a million pieces and rolling Around on top of it. At least you would have the gratification of knowing it didn't go to some jerk who can't bother to send you your order or bother responding to your messages.

mikeo24
11/21/14

Checked out site, liked the many options and price variances. Bought two watches one on the higher price point and one under $500.00. Had great experience with customer service and delivery's. watch's are better than expected very happy with purchases. Take it from a true watch enthusiast this site is great.

danielb106
11/11/14

I purchased a number of watches and all of the transactions went well. It wasn't until I had a problem with a watch that Watchismo showed itself to be unethical. The band on a $400 watch purchased for my wife came off. I returned it at my expense for their repair and again the band fell off. Rayher than giving me a refund I received an unwanted credit in their store. Had I returned the watch simply because I didn't like it I would understand the credit but to not only requre me to purchase another watchfrom them is truly a coercive sales practice. Be vwery vwery careful.

marcosf4
10/20/14

I was a little apprehensive about initially buying off this website due to the negative reviews but my experience was completely opposite. I bought a Mr. Jones watch from them got a confirmation email and a shipping info email in a 24 hr period. I received it in a box wrapped in bubble. The watch was exactly what i ordered.

larrys53
10/16/14

I received a watch from Wachismo that was much larger than appeared in the photos. It didn't fit well so I emailed for the return code. All I received was an email from a 'Monica' asking why I wanted to return the watch, then no information or answer on the mysterious "RMA' code required to return the item. Customer service appears to be terrible, wish I had read the reviews prior to ordering.
* Update: received return info and am sending out this evening, stay tuned for rest of the experience, so far, so good...

** Update: Monica called me personally to address my concerns, which was quite a nice touch. I sent the watch back at my expense and was immediately notified upon its arrival. I was issued a gift certificate for merchandise and I ordered a more desirable watch from Watchismo. I could not be more satisfied and impressed with Monica and the service at Watchismo!!

brendanm21
10/2/14

I ordered and paid for a watch on 18 August 2014. As per tracking number the item was posted on 22 August from USA and arrived in Australia (on a manifest list) on 27 August 2014. Australia Post say that item only appeared on list and wasn't in the delivery. As at today, 02 October 2014 I have not received my watch. I have lodged a dispute with Paypal that the seller will not even respond to. Seller has responded to emails claiming that delivery is 60 days. Australia Post state that more believable delivery from US should be under two weeks. I am still waiting for my watch. At the moment I would steer well clear of this site. I am happy to amend my review should I receive my watch but I am not counting on it!

iana17
9/22/14

Stay away from this site. I used a coupon on this site for a watch. Once the sale was final I received an email saying that the order was cancelled because the coupon was not supposed to work for the watch that I ordered. Customer service did not have any interest in honoring the order or accommodating me in any way. As a watch collector I will never buy from this website horrible customer service.

allys24
9/9/14

Amazing Customer service and beautiful Watches. Ordered my partner a watch for his birthday.. Although a little nervous about buying such an expensive item online, they answered any questions i amy have had and upon ordering it was shipped within a matter of hours. It arrived on the exact estimated date of arrival packaged so beautifully. I can't wait to give it to my Partner !!

sa9007
4/30/14

I BOUGHT 2 MONDAINE WATCHES, ONE THEM IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY, PROBABLY BATTERY IS DEAD.
THEY CHARGED ME $ 30 MORE THAN AGRRED ON THE PHONE, THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO GIVE 10 % DISCOUNT WHICH WAS NOT GIVEN EITHER.
THEY NEVER ANSWER THE PHONES OR REPLY TO E-MAILS.
STAY AWAY FROM THESE DISHONEST PEOPLE.
ZERO STARS OR LESS

isaacs21
12/23/13

Extremely rude customer service and a ridiculous return policy. They listed a man's watch in the women's section of the site and would not accept a return on it after I received it. Avoid doing business with them.

alexn16
12/3/13

The return policy is a complete and utter joke. Prices are inflated and customer service is non-existent.

marks27
7/17/13

Absolutely horrendous return policy. Especially over the Holiday season, predatory at best. Beware of this website, avoid at all cost. The return policy fluctuates for whatever best suits the company. When contacted by email, (they don't answer phones) they did promptly reply, but regurgitated fine print saying they were not in the customer service business.

geraldt9
4/22/13

don't go there, bought a welders watch, arrived not working, brought it to a repairer to get it fixed, 3 months later it is dead. I understand Watchismo is not the manufacturer, but they are doing NOTHING to resolve the issue as a dealer.

nothing but grieve here!

deannag
1/21/13

I ran across this site while searching Google for watches. I ended up ordering 2 watches from them which were shipped almost immediately! I am very impressed with the selection here and doubly impressed by how quickly my order was shipped. Great watches as well! Highly recommend!

pamk2
1/7/13

Purchased a 666 Barcelona as a Christmas gift, one of the setting buttons was faulty, was fully reassured that it would be replaced and received the new watch within 2 weeks. Excellent and courteous service. Thank you, Watchismo!

bjm
11/26/12

BEWARE!!! Watchismo.com is a Horrible website. Please avoid them at all cost. I have now had to File a police report and will need to take them to civil court to be reimbursed almost $7,000.00 for a U-Boat watch that was never shipped to me! Andrew Greenblatt the owner has refused to issue me a refund after trying to add additional fee's to a purchase price agreement that was already confirmed, paid for and scheduled to ship out to me. When I declined to pay almost $600 in additional fee's for him to ship the watch and requested to Cancel the order instead. He stated that he would not refund my payment. However he now would agree to our original order price but I could not return watch under any circustance or issues that could occur with watch, Because as he stated he was now doing me a favor by honoring our ageement. That was 4 weeks ago. I have left 5 voicemails and 8 emails and have gotten the run around wile he still refuses to respond. I have spoken to his brother Mitch Greenblatt the Co-owner Watchismo.com who comfired the purchase with by phone. But is now acting oblivious to the whole situation. I am now in the proccess of having to have to file claims and fraud charges with PayPal services and my local police department. This the worst experience I have ever had by far! Here is his office number you can call on my behave and see if you can get a response. 1(925) 385-8849.

Best of luck,
BJ

garrettr
4/30/12

I have purchased two watches from Watchismo in the past few months. Both were towards the lower price range of their selection in the $120-$160 area.
Return Policy:
I was fairly nervous about the return policy because both watches are pretty ostentatious and 'fashionable' so I had no idea if I would actually like them in person. The return policy states that if they watches are more than 20% off the normal price, sorry, no returns. Both of the watches I bought were marked at well over 20% off. One could only be ordered from Watchismo (foreign watch maker and watchismo is the only licensed dealer/importer in America) and the other was $120 less than I could find anywhere else. I was confident that if I absolutely hated the watches, I could sell both pretty easily on eBay so I pulled the trigger despite the crappy return policy.
Shipping:
Super reasonable shipping charges. I opted for 2-3 day shipping each time because it was only $3-5 more. Each watch arrived 2 days after I placed the order, which is impressive. Good job, Watchismo.
Selection:
Each of these watches was exactly as I expected it to be based on the pictures. They make up the 'weekend' portion of my watch collection and I receive compliments on them every time I wear them out.
Conclusion:
If you want a unique watch that will ship her fast, check out Watchismo, but be ready to seek alternate means of exchanging the watch if you get a good deal on it and you don't end up loving it.

rubenw
2/15/12

The customer service was excellent! I wanted the band on a watch swapped out, they accommodated my request and shipped instantly, never had better or faster service! Remember: people are more likely to review bad experiences so take 8 bitter people with a grain of salt, watchismo is the place to go for well priced watches with blazing fast shipping!

chuckg2
9/11/11

I bought a watch from watchismo.com in 2011. It did not work. The owner of Watchismo told me to take it to a watch repairman and he would pay for the fix. The repair shop wasn't able to fix it. The owner then asked me to send it back and he would send another one. I sent it back but asked for a full refund instead (partly because the whole experience seemed shady to me, and partly because I wasn't so sure the watch was genuine). He refused and then I was out the cost of the repair, the cost of shipping, and all of the time and hassle. I spoke with the owner several times on the phone - he got ruder and ruder with each conversation. Eventually I had to work with my credit card company and pay pal to stop payment.

mikem41
4/25/11

I purchased a watch here last week and I have had no problems at all! I've actually had a couple questions that I asked via email and they were answered in minutes by Andrew! Shipping was next day and I got it 3 days after that. I have not experienced any return problems but, I ordered what I wanted and I did research on the product I bought, unlike most of the people that ordered something, were disappointed and returned it. If you buy online with knowing what you bought, you're dumb and deserve the hassles of online returns!! I will probably buy all my watches here, if they're in stock.

timg3
1/28/11

I actually had a positive return experience--though I would caution everyone: DON'T try on the watch if you know you don't want it. This, as at most stores, voids much of the return policy. The guys worked with me to help me find a watch I would love after I picked one out that was too big for my taste. Positive, professional, and fair customer service.

hr4
1/26/11

A follow up to an earlier review - I have been flabbergasted by how absolutely greedy, disrespectful and untrustworthy this vendor is. Agreeably HORRIBLE customer service and communication. The worst internet commerce experience I have ever had. After multiple email, the owner finally agreed to a refund for a misrepresented item, but then pulled a bait and switch and illegally held my refund ransom in exchange for the removal of a negative consumer review I posted to warn others. You have GOT to be kidding me. I had to get legal consult, file a complaint with the BBB and file disputes with PayPal and my credit card before I received my refund from this crooked company.AVOID this GREEDY and CROOKED COMPANY. AWFUL. This company currently has a BBB rating of "F."

bethm5
1/20/11

I bought a $500 watch for a gift and sent it back. They said no returns on sale watches but would give me a credit in this instance. I have repeatedly asked how to use the credit and they will not answer my emails. Essentially, I have a $500 loss and they have the watch I returned. Expensive lesson to learn that this company can't be trusted.

getl
1/19/11

This is a "Titan" of watch websites. The prices are SUPER competitive and COMPLETELY COMPARABLE to ANY brand name watch on it's home site; I was pleasantly surprised! GL

kurtk1
11/13/10

Customer service is total garbage. Avoid at all cost. This company most likely fishes sales from GILT and marks it up
All products here are glamorized items svailable at J C Pennys

caliw
9/29/10

Horrible customer service. I was told an obviously mens watch was "unisex" and sold "mostly to women." Bull. When I tried to return it I was given the runaround. I am now stuck with a watch that I can't wear and kissed $80 goodbye. AVOID THIS VENDOR. Awful.

bonnieb2
7/14/10

Sure, they have really cool watches for great prices. I ordered a Tauchmeister 159to. Came in, looked fine but NO INSTRUCTIONS. This watch has 2 outter rings in the face for world time, some other type of times and a gmt hand but no instructions how to use these or set them Contacted the watchismo site and got fast feedback that said watch maker does no offer instructions. Well then....say that on the sales page! I now have a watch that I have no idea how to use all functions and they cannot even send me something for instructions. BAD BAD BAD

ruthf1
6/19/10

Terrible! Only buy a sale watch if you do not want to return it!
Customer service is horrible -- AVOID BUYING FROM THIS VENDOR!!

cb4
2/1/10

Been looking for a site like this since Al Gore invented the internet. Coolest watches I've ever seen, just got my third watch this Christmas - for a great price and fast as hell.

thomast2
1/27/10

Watchismo has horrible customer service, and really horrendously skewed return policies. Any of these watches can be bought through another vendor, and speaking from experience...any other vendor would be a better place to buy.