US Government's NSF
suem17

59 Reviews for Venus.com

▼ Sort by: recent

4/19/14

I paid extra to have my package shipped sooner and did not receive it until a week later, which completely defeated the purpose of paying extra. Customer service reps are very rude and could care less about quality service. The clothes are not true to size, its pretty much a toss up. I would not recommend this site.

4/13/14

I read the complaints and then ordered three skirts just to see what I'd wind up with. Two arrived so far and they are adorable. I will order from the site again. You get what you pay for. These skirts may last one or two seasons and I will gave to hand wash them. One medium is a little large and the other medium is perfect. But the prices are as cheap as Walmart and much much cuter. My advice is order a couple if things, expect the fabric to be thin, expect to hand wash them, and enjoy them while they last.

4/10/14

Seller illegally charges tax on shipping and doesn't refund the entire taxed amount. Customer service could care less. AVOID this merchant.

4/2/14

I bought a bathing suit bottom for my upcoming vacation and not only did it ship quickly; I didn't do any express shipping and receiving my item in 3 days but the price was great, too. The item fits exactly how it is suppose to and not made of cheap material.

I was very happy with my experience with this site and plan on shopping with them again.

3/22/14

I ordered two dresses and I gotta say I will never order from here again. The material is VERY CHEAP! Does not look like the picture at all... & I wonder what the L size looks like when the S fits like an XL..

3/22/14

Is very very bad , I order 4 dresses about a month ago , and 1 of then dint fit , the price was 29$ and they only refunded me 7$ lol they charge 12,95$ shipping and $7 for return level I don't know why they charge u for that cause I sent it back I pay for shipping ,

3/15/14

March 15, 2014. Re Venus Experience.

Buying: Firstly I live in Calgary, Canada so it costs a lot ! more to ship to me. So on top of the shipping charge (unless you get free) can range from $20 - $40 duties and taxes depending on how much you spend CAD which somehow always works out to so much more even when the dollar is equal at times. But in the long run it's actually cheaper than say buying a really good pair of slacks from a boutique for $200. Ouch. Yes I work in a professional environment.

At First: I've never returned anything due to hassle. Example is I was able to wear something maybe once or twice and wash per instructions and somehow never looks the same again and never fits again. I figured must be the Canadian water.

Next: The material I felt is actually better than Victoria's Secret. You cannot see what bra you're wearing through the material. So that's a definite pro. However that's just a me buying thing because I don't go for the dangerous dresses. Usually just simple tops, swimsuits etc.

My thoughts to this day: Sorry to say. I finally had to return things because they were so completely not the picture and fit was not fitting. This is my almost third year from buying from them now. I know I'm not going to look like the skinny pin model but OMG ! Ouch.

Customer Service: The online chat was not good. They don't have time. Given I type 120 words per minute they did not have the patience for me to put a sentence together. Possibly under staffed I am assuming. Or I just felt like this person thinks I'm an idiot when I'm just a paying customer.

Orders to date: Still awaiting swimsuits I ordered. I guess I'll let you know how that goes. Already backordered on a few items.

To summarize it's good and its not good. Some things I love somethings I dislike.

3/11/14

I saw a tank top in their recent booklette for 24$ and I had just seen the EXACT same one in the sears book for $49 - same model and everything, same necklace and background etc when I ordered it it was totally different and not like the picture at all. I agree that they take pictures from other stores and change up the color or something and try to sell their own crap, it was definately NOT the item in the picture.

3/7/14

I ordered a maxi dress from them and just a fair warning there pictures are sometimes totally different then the actual item. There was an extra piece of material covering the bust area that is NOT in the picture online. It's like they edit the models clothes to look a lot better then the real thing. So it's your choice if you want to chance it. I'm very disappointed.

2/21/14

I ordered the lace jumpsuit last week and received it last night. I was so excited because I've had my eye on that jumpsuit for months now. When I opened it up, I was so disappointed. The material was so thin, that there were actually strings of it unraveling at the end of the hem. When I tried to unzip the jumpsuit, it felt like I was going to rip the zipper right out of the thing! So I was very gentle, but the zipper itself felt cheap because it didn't unzip smoothly...lots of "stop/starts". I put it on and the fit was horrible. I'd expected it to be long, because the inseam measurement was in the online description, but I didn't expect the crotch to be so low. It also has these huge pockets that are NOT VISIBLE in the picture online. They stick out, throwing off the entire look. It looks like a clown suit. I'm a pretty reasonable person, and even considered just taking it to the tailor to remove the pockets and hem them up a bit. But when I spend over $50 on a jumpsuit or dress, I expect the quality to be average, not poor. I'm sending this back. I'm sure Venus has some nice items, but I'm not willing to give them another shot because their prices are not good enough for a second chance. Maybe if they took the $$ they spend on sending me a catalog every week and spent it on better material, they wouldn't have so many negative reviews.

2/19/14

I've ordered several times in the past few years all different things, and I've never been disappointed and the shipping is super fast. I also think the quality matches the price:)

2/13/14

The material is a little cheap. The type of clothes you could find at a walmart truthfully. I love it and I only buy when the clothes go on sale, or with any promotion. Its funny people always expect the best type of material, but they should know that the best and "cheap" do not always combine. ;)

2/12/14

I love this site, I'm shocked at the negative reviews as well...I've ordered sweaters, dresses, tops and swimwear (hello boobs!) and have loved everything. One sweater didn't hang on me like it did in the picture, but hey, she's a super-short, super skinny model. They have lots of cute styles and I love the variety. As long as you actually zoom in on the picture, you can tell the type of material you are getting. The only other bad thing is I always forget about the duties and taxes to Canada are extra...but even with this extra cost, there's no way I'd be able to buy the 3 dresses and 2 sweaters I did for $200 total!! Love Venus!

2/11/14

The designs are very nice, however, the cheapest material. I sent every thing back in less than 1 hour. I originally paid an extra 5.95 for 2 day shipping from Jacksonville, FL to Marathon, FL and didn't receive my order until 5 days later. When I returned the clothes, My refund was short my $4.82. The tax was originally 11.32 and the refunded tax was $10.50. $5.00 shipping was charged to me to return the items even though I used the enclosed shipping label that stated, if I used, I'd be charged 6.95 (which was charged). I called customer service and never got a clear explanation of the screwed up charges/refund. I definitely won't order from Venus again

1/30/14

I ordered 6 shirts less than a week ago. I got them today and tried them all on. One was actually a sweater dress and it's a little long but I'm 5'3 so I expect that, for what I paid it is still worth it to have it hemmed. The other 5 shirts fit perfectly, my order arrived a day early, while I didn't receive a tracking number for the shipment, all I had to do was call customer service...where my call was taken immediately and the woman read it to me politely. I'm not getting all the bad reviews. I read them after I ordered and I got way nervous. Everything is great and I will definitely order again!

1/28/14

I was afraid of ordering from this place,but I gave it a try because of the prices. This is my first order, I bought a blouse and a dress. It came in 6 days (from Florida to Texas). I will be ordering again :)

1/27/14

I've shopped from Venus 3 times over the past 2 years, and have come to the conclusion that it's a complete hit or miss. Each time I shopped I had bought 4 pieces. The first time, I kept them all, the second I kept 2 an sent 2 back, 3rd time, nothing working out. Anything from sizing and that the product was not exactly as flattering as it appeared on the model, or even the material was a huge no go. The worst thing from it all, is being from Canada, to ship anything back, costs me over $20, and then if I go under the $100 free delivery, I have to pay that, which kills it all.

Although it's been a year since I have actually shopped from there, I can't help but to still browse at many of their pretty and unique pieces. Perhaps if they had free shipping on like a $50 purchase, or slightly better pricing, I would definitely be giving them an other go, but atm, I am still quite iffy.

1/19/14

I'm shocked at all the bad reviews as well! Trust me there are ALOT of satisfied Venus customers. We all know though that when we are satisfied....we don't post about it BUT when we are not...we wish to tell the world! I ordered FOR THE FIRST time 2 weeks ago. 2 bathing suits, a cover up and a dress. Well it all arrived about 5 days later and was EXACTLY what I was hoping for! One bathing suit bottom is snug and with the style....it would look "better" a tad larger, so I called customer service (who was VERY nice and helpful) and they instructed me to use the enclosed shipping label and off we go! One person said their bath suits are not lined....not true...my was lined and shaped and flattering! Anyway, if you are leary...just buy a few items to see. They give 90 days to return for a refund or credit....YOU CHOOSE! I am satisfied and WILL buy from Venus again and OFTEN!

1/15/14

Can't believe that there are so many bad reviews! !!!!!!! I absolutely love this site! Easy to browse, easy to order. ...my orders usually get to the house earlier than expected. People are complaining about paying 6$ for return shipment? ??? COME ON! !!!! Never had to send anything back cause everything fit....I shop online a lot and this is the only site I never had to deal with customer service

1/9/14

I have been ordering from VENUS for years--they are a little pricey for this type of merchandise, but they do have some really unique clothing items. Have never been a fan of their swimwear--go to Vic Secret for that, but overall would continue buying from them.

12/28/13

I ordered a swim suit for a trip to Costa Rica 3 weeks ahead of the trip. One week later I got a message saying I'm on backorder with NO Details. The next week they said my order shipped but gave NO tracking number. I leave tonight and found out it won't be here for another couple weeks. What? Backorder, no tracking, and they send it by mule??? NEVER AGAIN!!!!

12/23/13

I have been purchasing from Venus for several years because they send me a paper catalog and now I order online instead of calling them. Out of a hundred orders I have placed, only once was a mistake ever made in processing a return. They are much faster at returns processing than most companies. Occasionally an item runs out and you have to wait two months or more for an item but not often. Usually things are in stock or ready in a few weeks. That's normal for the clothing industry. I always send back a few things that don't fit, and keep what's fabulous. Their dresses are a bargain and their swimsuits are the best fitting and best quality I've ever seen from any US company. I will continue to buy my dresses and swimsuits and some sweaters and fabulous shoes from Venus. If I don't like it, I just send it back. I never have any problems. I can always get a live person on the phone to help me quickly. I love this company and I never get as many compliments as when I'm wearing one of their items.

12/13/13

ordered a jump suit, the crotch sat an inch above my knee, a complete joke and it was made out of the cheapest lining material possible. A waste of money. Stay clear of them!!!

12/9/13

While venus.com offers a great selection clothing and swimwear, I am NEVER buying anything from them again because the level of customer service they provide is completely and totally unacceptable for both online chat and phone contact.

Clearly, management has not kept up with customer expectations for online chat with retail sites, because agents are unable to customize their interactions unless really pressed to do so. And I get that everyone isn't Zappos, but companies should at least be aware of the standards set in their own market spaces and do the best they can to implement "modern" service solutions that try to meet them in some discernable way. Oh, and by the way, one of the chat agents also "hung up" on me when I asked for specific details....wow.

Calling the toll free number is not much better. Agents still utilize the old-school "it's policy" explanations that certainly don't represent customer service as we know it from virtually every one of venus.com's competitors. In addition, when clarification was provided to me about something I questioned because I saw that it was done incorrectly, the explanation I got was about how busy they were, and that they did what they did because they don't have time to be more thorough. Clearly, none of this is acceptable on any level.

And by the way, in addition to paying for shipping on orders under $100 (unless you're lucky enough to find a coupon code), if you have to return or exchange anything, you are going to have to pay for shipping again to send the item(s) back. Also not in line with many in the same market space.

I didn't want to have to be a formal detractor, but after having 2 extremely negative experiences, here I am.....beware!

12/1/13

I thought they had the cutest clothes for the price but it was some of the cheapest material I've ever seen; I ordered a yellow romper and it was so thin I had to send it back and then charge me 14.00 to return to items in the same package they lost my business. I washed one of the items in Woolite and it tore up, I was so disappointed in the fabric, the items are so cute in the magazine but crap when you get it in the mail. It may work for some people it just depends on what you want to look like,but I don't like looking cheap.

11/27/13

BUYER BEWARE! Ladies, I have had my eyes on this website for quite a while now and, I finally gave in. After sitting on a cart with over $800 worth of clothes, I read reviews from Sitejabber and re-thought my order. I ordered $200 worth of clothes (mostly for work) with a promo code I found online, which saved me $50. For what that's worth, 7 days later, my package was delivered on time and I began to try on my outfits. What a nightmare!!! Some fit OKAY and others were just plain HUGE and WIDE. The romper can fit a Jolly Green Giant and the dresses were extremely WIDE. I figured I would get them tailored but WHY spend the extra money when your already spending a wad of cash on something that should decently fit. For the record, I am a size 0-2 and these clothes run BIG. Do not go by their size chart if you are thin/small/petite. If you are, go with items that run XS if you want them to fit.

The quality of most articles were poor and very few were acceptable. I sent back many of my items and believe me, I thought of exchanging. After sitting and thinking, I've decided to go with a FULL refund. I would NOT recommend this site to any of my friends. Take a good look at the pictures.. Some of the back of the dress designs don't even match up evenly with the design itself (which led me to refund vs. exchange). The designer(s) should be ashamed of themselves. At least line up the damn material to make it look half way decent for people who are trying to save a penny by not going to Macy's and other high end stores. This is the same issue with Victoria Secret. If your looking to buy from this site, purchase a SMALL amount items and STICK TO GOING TO MARSHALLS, TJ MAXX, AND BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY.

As for online stores, Amazon will be my number one site since we can read reviews about items people have purchased. I also noticed, the website did not allow reviews, which should've raised a flag for me. Reviews are important and many (especially clothes) websites should have them so that we know whether or not the item fits too big or too little. For instance, JUSTFAB has an excellent customer review measure.

For this, I rather withstand the headache of standing online. At least I know the items I'm going to buy are worth purchasing. I am so disappointed with this website. SO DISAPPOINTED! :(

Back to my online clothing store website search for people my size.. Seems like the world is embracing only the larger sizes now. :(

11/27/13

I cannot believe all the bad reviews on here! When ordering online, you dont get to try the clothes on, so chances are you might get something that doesnt fit well! You have to expect that. I have ordered many times with Venus and have had no issues! There are times when something doesnt fit me right, and I return or exchange it. Like any other company, if you use their free shipping promo, you will have to pay shipping if your order drops below the required amount, duh! All of the clothes I have purchased (and its a wide selection, coats, shirts, pants, shoes, etc) have been good quality and have looked great. Some I have returned for not fitting properly, but thats to be expected.

11/22/13

No more puchase from Venus. 7 business days shipping cost me $8. That's is ridiculous. Also when I call to track my order the customer service is not helpul and very cranky.

11/9/13

I was thinking of ordering from Venus as a first time customer. However, being a frequent online shopper, I like to google reviews on certain websites before placing an order. After running into this website and reading ALL the horrible reviews, FORGET ABOUT IT. I instantly cancelled my order (even though the dress was absolutely gorgeous and on sale). Venus should really take their customers into consideration and change their ways. Otherwise, they will lose more future customers. What a shame. Thank you for all the reviews! You guys saved me the time and headache!

11/8/13

Bought about 30 outfits and over 25 of them are excellent! The lace jumpsuits are gorgeous and a must have!

11/1/13

Expedited shipping ($28) is a joke.. Especially to Canada I've been waiting a week already and canada post expects another 5 days. As well, an extra $50 for duties and tax, these clothes are not made in the US if that is what your thinking..after reading all the reviews I'm concerned about what I'm going to get when it finally arrives. Won't order again.. I get things from China faster and cheaper.

11/1/13

I am glad to have come across this website I was thinking of placing an order with Venus.com but I change my mind I'll have to look for what I need a different website thank you all for your review and feedback.they just lost a customer they never even had in the first place.

9/12/13

Lowest quality of clothing I have ever seen. Stay away. For same pricing but quality stuff go to Victoria's Secret. Have ordered two times from Venus and it's expensive crap that I have never and will never wear, due to the low quality. Really laughable.

8/11/13

I'm honestly shocked to read all the negative reviews. I ordered 3 items with the overnight shipping (had a promo code). When i promptly received the package, i noticed 1 item was left out. I emailed customer service and within 5 minutes I received a polite response. They apologized and had my dress shipped out using overnight shipping again (no charge for that). My outfits fit perfectly. I'm 5'5, weighing 142 and got everything in a medium size. Even the sizing for the bikini was spot on. I will definitely be ordering from VENUS again!

8/11/13

After reading reviews, I was apprehensive about ordering from here.
I received my 1st order a week from the original order date, which is great to me.
The quality of the shirt is very good, looks just like the magazine.
I'm 5'8" and wear size 8 (150lbs) and the medium fits perfect, not too big, not too small. I orginally ordered a large and sent it back for the medium. I have had no trouble with the refund. Very pleased with this company.
I have a second order on the way with hopes of wearing them on vacation this year.
Highly recommend you try Venus.

8/11/13

I will never order from Venus again, they are unreliable, I placed a order twice and the first order didn't received it until a month later the second one was order july 10 I still haven't received it today is august 10th! Never again will I order from them.

7/20/13

A truly unpleasant experience! If you want to avoid yourself a serious headache avoid it all cost. Sizes are comical - I purchased a couple of items of the same size and one could fit me twice while the other one I couldn't fit in. Trying to return was another tragicomedy. They messed up my refund 3 times!!! I couldn't for the life of me explain to the agent how 112 -58 = 54. The agent's solution was to put me on hold indefinitely, classy! After the sixth call I got it all sorted out but one thing is for sure - never again.

7/1/13

Ok, venus get's a 3.5 from me. Venus has really cute clothing and I am satisfied with the items I received. Also, for the most part, they have good customer service with the exception of a few employees that were rude which is expected..every company has a few bad apples.. but for the most part, they have people that try and work with you. However, I have to give them a 3.5 because of all of the shipment related issues that I have had with them. Let me explain what I mean. Okay, I ordered a ton of items from them two of which were backordered which I was aware of before I made the purchase. I received my order in three business days after it was processed which I thought was awesome, however, one of the items that I ordered, they forgot to place it in my package and when I called them to tell the that it was not there, they informed me that item is now on backorder until August....August and my original order was placed in June. They did try and compensate me by upgrading my shipment to overnight but I hate that I have to wait until August to get an item that should have been in my package. Another example, I ordered two shirts that were on backorder when I placed my order. The shirts were not in the day that was given for the shirts to be in. When I called customer service, they told that they can only put an "expected date" on the website because they are depending on the company to ship the products to them which is fine and absolutely understandable but I feel like they should word it that way on the website so customers would know what to expect before they place their order. However, I have to say that they did try and work with me by again upgrading the shipment. Lastly, their return process is a bit of a headache. Now they almost always offer free shipment with purchases over $100, but you do have to pay for shipment for returns which they state in their policy so I'm okay with that. However, the process itself is a headache because it can take a while for you to receive your exchange back. I am still waiting on my exchange because I had to send a dress back that was too small (which was my fault because I ordered a size smaller because some reviews stated their clothes run big). I am also waiting for a refund to post back to my card so Ill let you know if that went smoothly or not...fingers crossed!

So all in all Venus unfortunately gets a 3.5 from me because although they have awesome clothing and good customer service for the most part, this shipment/return issues and the few rude customer service reps bring their score down...and it's sad because I really like their clothing/swimsuits. I'm not going to be like some and state not to order from them because everyone's experience is different and Im not absolutely sure that Im not going to order from them again. I guess Im just going to wait to see what happens with my refund, my exchange and my now backordered dress before I make a decision!

6/13/13

was so excited to be buying from them. Took over 10 days to arrive. Couldn't believe it. @ of the dresses were ok the other long maxi dress had so much material i returned it. The thing is if you use the UPS label it will take an additional 10 days to get back there and they deduct $7. So I sent it back myself due to weight it was priority and cost me $13. The refunded the money back pretty fast but tried to charge me for the original shipping which i had free from them. That's some kahunas. I complained and they credited back the $9.00 they deducted. Never again.

6/13/13

I ordered 5 items from their site I was surprised that they did not send me the other dress I ordered , I called and talked to a girl would sounded uninterested and had no clue what she was talking about . She finally said they were going to send me the Dress .which I was fine with . Then later I received an email saying I have to pay duty and taxes again for the same dress . I did call again only to be told there is nothing they can do about it its a new order according to them . I have to make a claim to get my taxes back .. well if you are think about buying from them brace your self for a big disappointment and terrible customer service . They just lost a customer !

6/2/13

I recently purchased 3 dresses from Venus, I purchased the knot front maxi dress, the wrap maxi dress and the maxi w/tassel detail. For the most part the dresses did look like what was depicted in the pictures. All of the dresses are thin and a slip will need to be worn with them so that you can't see through the dress, but this was expected. (I've purchased from other catalogues and the quality of online clothing versus brick and mortar stores is definitely cheaper). I ordered the items on the 23rd and received them on the 31st. With the expectations that I had of the site, all in all I'm pleased and do intend to buy from them again soon.

5/14/13

I ordered a blouse which was 21$ a week ago. It just arrived today and it barely looks like the one in the picture! The size of it it's okay, the colour as well but the quality it's bad. The blouse has cut outs in the sleeves and it looks completely different than the ones in the picture, as if they cut it in a rush! I should'v just bought a blouse somewhere else and cut it out myself! Never ordering from them again

5/10/13

Be careful - they advertise free shipping over $100, but in the fine print they end up charging you for shipping if you return any items and your order drops below $100. I'm someone who buys items in different sizes and returns the ones I don't need, and I returned two packages, so they ended up charging me $14 to return two packages and another $20 total for the original shipping costs! I might as well have kept what I ordered after paying $34 in shipping fees.

4/26/13

Really cute clothes but awful quality! VERY cheap feel and clothes get destroyed after one wash cycle. A pity!

4/9/13

The clothes are cute, but quality is "meh" and some clothing was oversized. I returned a package 10 days ago, but when I contacted customer service, they said they are sometimes behind. That's not very good. The shipping isn't the fastest either, but I did get it in about a week and a half, it's the return that has me worried. They said that if it's not received in 30 days, they would honor the return, but I don't want to wait 30 days :(

3/29/13

I have to tell you that I for 1 am truely shocked at all the bad reviews. I have been ordering from venus for years and now I currently live in Germany and all my orders have been on time even faster than the states (knock on wood) but I love the website and everything fits perfectly and If not I will send it back. Please read the return info carefully and It will tell you that if and Item drops your original order below 100s then yes you will be charged for shipping& handling. The reason I found this site today was because I placed an order a couple of days ago for all preorder items so I can get them before they run out, and for some reason the whole order was canceled and I was told that they will not be getting the items in .. Im very dissapointed about this; but what can you do....? All in all I have a good experience and hope it remains that way.!!! :) good luck to all of you.

2/25/13

Very crappy experience. Distribution center is in Ontario but they are actually in US so I had to pay shipping and duties. When I returned their FAR too large clothing, I had to pay another shipping fee of over 25 dollars and they want duty fee again. I ordered this a long time ago and their customer service act like they dont give a damn. NEVER ORDERING FROM HERE AGAIN

2/20/13

crappy service. I ordered an item on ll-29-2012. It is now 02-20-2013 and I still do not have the item - even tho they charged me for it. Called Venus and they don't even have a tracking #. Will NEVER order from this company again.

1/18/13

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Customer service. The representative (Laina) and the manager (Michelle) both acted as if I were bothering them. Maybe I interrupted their break or something. Anywho, Venus sent an email stating that my package would be here on a specific date. UPS says that the package goes to the post office which was never explained. Just a big mess to sum it all up. Will never order from them again!!!"

12/10/12

i will never buy from this page again!!! i bought 4 items from site they were all biger than true size so i returned them , used sticker and now i have refund 17$ less cus they charge for everythng, besiades clothes are not as that cute like on site the run really large and that is it , i will never ever ever buy from this store again!!! Dont buy

About Venus