US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jhh2

On the whole, great clothes, reasonable quality and price but the customer service and follow up really lets them down. (in 25 reviews)

nf29

I received free shipping/ standard for an order over $100. (in 90 reviews)

carolined5

I love this company and I never get as many compliments as when I'm wearing one of their items. (in 36 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

authort3
3/4/15

I almost, ALMOST, did not purchase anything from Venus because of the negative reviews all over the place. But I had a cart full of beautiful, drool-worthy, and original clothing that I just couldn't find anything like it anywhere else. I mean, yeah, there are nice boutiques around, but the prices are 20-30% higher. So I figured, what the heck, I'll just get them and bite the bullet.

So I did. I spent $200 and held my breath the two weeks it took for them to get to me. First thing I did was try everything on. And I can happily say everything fit me wonderfully and was absolutely beautiful. I'm 5'2", so short, and yet no problems there. I'm 110 pounds size 3/4 and the extra small fits me nice and comfortably, not too baggy and not too tight. Everything is exactly what I had hoped for. Now I will shop confidently on Venus.com.

Oh, I understand things get a bit iffy if you have to return something. I'm keeping that in mind and just not planning on returning anything. I'll sell it on ebay or give it away.

wendys38
3/4/15

I read all the negative reviews, ignored them and went ahead and placed an almost $200 Venus clothing order. The clothing quality is horrendous. I had planned to wear these clothes on a cruise I was going on...now the clothes are for cleaning my house. Thin, cheap fabric that barely held together at the seams. Threads coming out after two wears. I have one out of three bathing suits purchased that have survived. The clothes look so beautiful in the catalog, but are nothing even similar in quality in person. I should have listened to the other reviews. Much better quality clothing to be found at Ross, TJ Maxx, VS, Target..even Wal-Mart. Don't waste your money, time or effort.

lailac1
3/4/15

The dress you buy or ANYTHING you buy from this website will look NOTHING like the picture. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. I am sending the dress back right away and receiving a refund ASAP. It is truly disgusting how scummy a clothing company could be. The dress looks nothing like the picture, total opposite.

ivyh23
3/4/15

This woman from live chat customer service has no idea about what is "SERVICE" means.
Mar4,2015 I have talked to another representative he promise will give me a refund as the package was too late.He told me to wait for the refund confirmation email. But I never receive the email. So I went to live chat again and want to confirm my refund.

This lady Lani Taylor, I gave her my refund order# , she said "i don't understand your question,you are making a statement not asking a question". OMGGGGGG

debbied22
2/21/15

These shoes are surprisingly comfortable. The all man-made uppers are soft and leather-like, but the heel screams cheap plastic.

Tip for consumers: The inexpensive clothing is great for casual, every day wear when you want to feel a little temptress.

tammym25
2/14/15

Horrible!!! Cheap cheap cheap quality! To make matters worse ,I onlLy received 14 dollars back on a 34 dollar return! Do not waste your money with this company!! You would do better shopping at Walmart. Much better!

laurae15
2/13/15

I'm kind of iffy on the site. I've ordered around 4 or 5 items and ended up returning all but 2 of them and I was still only partially pleased with the ones I chose to keep. I ordered what I thought was the correct size and everything was way too big and nothing looked like they did in the pictures. I know now that they just Taylor the clothes to the women in the photos just so they look decent. And as for the returns, they charged me double what they said return shipping costs. I'm contemplating repurchasing a dress in the correct size in hopes they look nice...

And just a thought, most clothing sites have reviews, and this one doesn't... There is a reason for this I'm sure. Too many displeased customers would give poor ratings and ruin their business.

ericam19
2/12/15

I wish there products were as great as they look. Horrible horrible horrible! Anytime I order anything it falls apart or material is straight up awful. It's so bad I had to tell them to stop sending me catalogs. And I think the only people that would give Venus 5 stars are people who get paid for it. I promise its Not worth your money! I will not be shopping here anymore!

lindag58
2/9/15

AWFUL JUNK !!!!!!! NOTHING YOU RECIEVE WILL LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE PHOTOS IN THEIR ADVERTISEMENTS. FROM THE MATERIAL THEY USE TO THEIR TAYLORING IS NOTHING SHORT OF "HORRIFIC" IN QUALITY.

THIS COMPANY IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE !!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: WE SHOULD ALL RALLY TOGETHER AND LET THEM KNOW WE ARE FURIOUS ABOUT THE MONEY THEY STOLE FROM US !!!!!!!!!!!

ashleyk22
2/9/15

I have ordered from Venus probably around 4 times. It's funny because if time I order a lot of things and out of let's say 10 items I have ordered maybe 2 will be nice, and look like what they looked like in catalog. The return policy is a joke with all the hidden fees, and duty because I am from Canada. To return items is just paying this company for absolutely NOTHING. I agree that they have very nice items in their catalog which is why I order from them again and again hoping that maybe this time it will be worth it, and sadly it never is I have wasted $1000's of dollars. Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!! The quality is GARBAGE!!!!!!!! Out of 50 items ordered I have 4 I can wear. It's NEVER what it looks like in the catalog. I WOULD NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!! THIS CLOTHING NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT AND TRIED ON BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, WHAT YOU SEE YOU NEVER GET! AND IF YOU TRY RETURNING AFTER ALL THE HIDDEN FEES YOU GET NEXT TO NO MONEY BACK AND NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS COMPANY IS A SSSSSCCCCCCAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeannieg
2/9/15

I wont purchase anything from them again. I bought a top for 60 dollars for a Holiday occasion. The straps were beaded. Right in the middle of dinner the bead strap broke. It was embarrassing as the waiter had to clean up beads and I had to leave early because I couldnt hold my shirt up. I emailed and called and they would not help me because I didnt have the reciept or packaging.. Duh.. Dont you keep records..

margeg2
1/13/15

Everything that I have ordered has been hit or miss, either with poor quality or sizing and one item that is still avalible in the catalog doesn't even look like it,( lace tunic) had no issues ever with shipping I just wish they had a store where you could actually go to look and try things on as I probably would buy more

maxg10
1/11/15

Dresses indeed look nice in catalog, but the actual material and quality is rather poor. You can pretty much order from a random Chinese web-site, and it'd be cheaper and better quality. I live in Canada. It took Venus almost 40 days to ship, with no tracking info given whatsoever. Customer rep told me to wait for about a week while they were tracing my order. Don't get fooled by the nice-looking things in their catalog, the actual product quality is very poor. Sorry Venus, you let me down.

Tip for consumers: Poor product quality.

jacquelynnec
1/9/15

Wow...Ummm I can't believe all the negative reviews!!! (I have a hard time believing any of them are real) I have been a customer of Venus for more than 8 years and have never had a problem with any of their clothes or service. I have ordered clothes standard shipping and have had them delivered within 3-5 days. The clothes are of quality and hold up--for YEARS. I have had a few items backordered, but they tell u that when u checkout and u r given a date that it will ship--u always have the choice to remove the item if u do not want to wait--usually comes before the date given though--at least for me. As far as size---check the size chart and actually measure yourself--u won't go wrong then. I don't know who wrote all those negative reviews, but I have bought bathing suits, shoes, jeans, leggings, sweaters, and dresses and have not had a problem ever. :) PS, I have never had to return anything.

Tip for consumers: The clothes sometimes run large so just check the size chart out, grab a tape measure and measure yourself and you r good to go!! I've bought a few boots and they are true to size.

donah2
1/9/15

I highy recommend this company!! The clothes are made with great quality. The shipment/arrival date was very fast. Prices are very reasonable. Thank you!!

Tip for consumers: Great company! Great clothes! I Will buy again!!

reginas9
1/8/15

I purchased a tunic sweater from Venus on December 23, 2014 and only paid for standard shipping so I knew that I would not get my item until after the 1st of the year which was okay but their shipping is the only reason why they are not getting a 5 star from me. After placing my order, I started reading reviews on them and with all the negative reviews are started second guessing my order, however, once I got my sweater, I must say that I am very satisfied with the item. It is not of poor quality as other reviewers stated and the fit is very good, other reviewers said the sizes ran small or large. Again no complaints on the clothing just wish they had a faster shipping that was a little cheaper.

cindym42
12/14/14

1st and last purchase thru Venus! Bought 5 items online. The quality of the material and product is so poor! Looked so cute in the catalog but all 5 tops/sweaters I bought were so thin & cheap! Walmart sells a better product! Don't waste your money!

Tip for consumers: Catalog pictures are very misleading! Cheap, thin materials used. Poor quality!

springn1
12/9/14

ZERO STARS!!
Again another shipping issue!!! I ignored these warnings and it was a mistake!!
I had several items from 2 separate orders to return. I included them in ONE BAG-$6.95

Imagine my shock they dealt with each order separate.
Charged me $13 to return a $29 dress....so my refund was only $17

Second invoice showed another $11 deducted from what I was owed IN ADDITION to the $6.95 standard delivery.

Granted cute clothes but HIT OR MISS with the fabric, quality, proportions, and actual sewing.

Agree with the others Amazon, Macy, and Victoria's Secret are much more budget friendly when you factor in returns.

carolw32
11/22/14

I ordered five items after an icon kept popping up when I was on Facebook. Four arrived a couple weeks later, which is a while to wait but Venus at least is an American company. One item is still on back order and the most expensive item was not there. In it's place was a dress I didn't order. The material on the shirts is thin. Wearable quality but it doesn't "sizzle" like the picture. I called and the guy said he would send the correct item but I must return the item THEY sent by mistake. I hate post offices around Holidays. Wish I hadn't messed with this company!

Tip for consumers: If you have a special occasion to dress for, I would suggest driving to the Mall as opposed to depending on Venus. The sizes run large and the quality isn't fantastic. Plus [at least in my case] I didn't get my full order and it wasn't correct.

sulad
11/15/14

I am a serious online buyer, however if I am unfamiliar with a store or product, I will read the reviews.
I typically go with the majority of the reviews to make my decision as whether or not to buy. In this case the pendulum swung too far to the negative side, making me empty my $208 cart.
Not worth the risk.
FYI: If a sweatshirt is regularly priced at $79.00 I view that as excellent quality, so when I hear decent quality for the money, I'm a little thrown off. Just because it went on sale shouldn't change the quality. Just means I got a great deal!!
Please ignore the rating of 1 Star as I have no knowledge of any of the details to base a rating upon. I was forced to choose a rating in order to post this review. This review is intended more for management than for the consumer.
Thanks

memed
11/14/14

I have made several purchases over the last 6 months and the first order I had quite a few items that I really wasn't crazy about once I saw them in person. Like for an example the red off the shoulder dress. Cute design wrong material. To be honest it wasn't worth returning either. It will be donated. I made another attempt recently, place an order on a jumpsuit I have been eyeing. What a waste! I would agree with Sue. she hit it right on. The quality of the material is horrible. If your looking for a one time outfit and don't plan on wearing it again. Then by all means slurge. You get what you pay for. Word of advice make sure it's on sale that way you won't be too disappointed. To each is own......

brendar22
11/10/14

EXTREMELY poor customer service! I placed an order that had a different shipping address than billing address and received an email asking that I call them. The Customer Service rep said that they wouldn't ship to a different address than the billing address (then why offer this option?). I agreed to have it shipped to my billing address and was told someone would need to be there to sign for the package, which is why I was having it sent to the shipping address I originally entered!!!! I told them to CANCEL the entire order and after reading the poor reviews due to quality I am glad this happened.

kristianh3
11/6/14

I needed to let fellow online shoppers like me know how happy I am with venus. The quality is decent as is customer service. I have ordered clothes that have been too big/small or not what I expected and returning them for refund or exchange has never been a hassle. Depending where you are shipping can take awhile but definitely worth the wait. Best site I have ordered from so far

nicoleh21
10/31/14

Buyer beware! The first order I placed with no issues so I decided to place another order. The second order had several items that I needed to return because they were made of cheap fabric or the sleeves were too tight. Venus charged me the $6.95 to return the items plus an additional $12.95 in shipping because I received free shipping on my original order and returning the items meant that I would have paid for the shipping on the items I kept, according to the CSR I spoke with. I live in Jacksonville. It is ridiculous to charge$20 in shipping for 2 items. I will stick to Victoria's Secret where I can return to the store for free!!

donnap19
10/30/14

Very disappointed in using Venus and Never will again. By the time they charged me shipping and tax my order was $29 & it was too large so i returned the sweater. By the time I paid $1.50 for the envelope and shipping I only got back $15 so I will NEVER EVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. I will stick to places like Amazon. Never have that problem. I mean really $5 to ship it here and $7 to ship it back and it weighed nothing. Disappointed customer! If u want to waste money them buy fRom them.

marilync13
10/26/14

I order two dresses for a ball on Oct.22.2014, wanted 2 days shipping with Venus, I did not receive it. They didn't call me. I wait all day and night ,they told me to call customer service, and UPS to see what happen to my order they said it will be their, it never came. Then I call both of them back, Ups was closed till Mon.Oct,27,2014 I was very disappointed in the service I received ,I wasn't able to go to my Ball, I spent a lot of time on the phone with customer care service. They shouldn't put 2 days shipping if its not going to be their or they should call with an explanation. UPS and one person at Venus acted like it was my fault, I was very dissatisfied with the service of them. :(

Tip for consumers: please never use the 2 days shipping.

np27
10/20/14

so here I am making an order my total turned out to be 260.00, but something told me to read the reviews about Venus, I shop on line all the time I love shopping with Victoria Secret love all their clothes and styles. never been disappointed with shopping at V.S., but I also shopped other places in the past online and was very disappointed all the negative and poor reviews about Venus remind me of my bad experiences in the past with shopping online so I will trust these unhappy customers because there is too many disappointments and not place the order, I will back out, Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

tatianar1
10/18/14

Clothing material is bad quality, after only one wash the cloth is ruined, and the prices aren't cheap either.

j-nn
10/17/14

Got my jacket in the mail. Didn't event look like the picture. The sleeves in the picture were black and they were brown when I got it. It was crappy material, and didn't fit right at all. Then when I returned it with the sticker they gave me they charged me so instead of getting almost $50 back on my credit card I got $35 back. I will never shop there again that is for sure!

hurriyak
10/14/14

cheap cheap cheap quality... that is all. for $44+shipping i got one cheap, tight, thin, ugly sweatshirt. Of course it looks nice on 0 size model before washing the product but in real world after one initial wash it is looking 10 years old and threads hanging everywhere.

cathiem3
10/12/14

CDN Buyers Beware!!!
1st timer buyer spent. over $188.Post Office notified I owed over $82 COD on parcel for shipping.Um....ship was free.When I got it home..there was a tiny adhes label mentioning Landmark Global - COD and that's all. Talked to Venus rep who informed me that LG charge was for customs, taxes etc.Scam!!!!!
Gov't customs,taxes have special for Govt form that breaks down all charges.These charges are close to being 50% of the original order!! CDN customs would not be that high!!
Waiting to hear back from Venus or Landmark!!!!
Also found sizing to be different in every item I bought. One pair 14 jeans didn't fit, another style size 14 mean was too big!! Tops the same.
Return policy is a mess for Cdns too. Be careful!!!
NOT RESOLVED!!!!

Al

Tip for consumers: Don't bother if CDN customer!!!!! BEWARE!!

sarahg47
10/4/14

I ordered a dress from Venus. I am about 5'2, 115 pounds. So I ordered a size 2, I looked at the size chart and it seemingly should fit perfect, I always order clothes and dresses online and usually have no trouble with sizing. I ordered 2 day shipping and received it when I was supposed to. The dress was about $64, it looked very elegant in the picture. In person it looked very cheap quality, and it had a side zipper and the bottom was HUGE on me but at my ribcage where I am the smallest was too tight. You literally had to have the smallest waist but a huge butt and thighs to fit in it. Not pleased. I've ordered dresses for $15 from other sites that have great fit and look expensive. And they don't offer free returns either!

mollyr6
9/29/14

I've ordered from this website before and have received cheap quality products. Unless the items are of good quality their pretty expensive. I ordered a shirt that cost me $26 and when I washed it on delicate with two other shirts (two soft cotton shirts) it came out completely shredded. I was very upset once again from this Website and don't ever plan on ordering again.

jhh2
9/24/14

I've ordered from this company three times. I am in Canada so was very happy to receive free shipping (orders over $100). My first order arrived in one week exactly and everything fit perfectly, looked awesome and I felt the items were above average quality for the price paid. My second order however contained items that were rather randomly sized so I returned a few of them. The return process itself was no problem. As I was visiting the US I used the pre-printed label that they supply with every order. I was charged the $6.95 to return the items which was no surprise as they tell you this in advance. I have seen other reviewers that mention they were charged an additional fee also, but this was not my experience. Perhaps their return brought the original order to under $100 in which case shipping is charged on the order (clearly stated in the return policy).
The reason for the 4 stars and not 5 is the "Customer Care" phone line. I have called them several times and each time, they sound like they are regurgitating a scripted response in a very disinterested manner and have to pass on any request to a supervisor who will contact you....eventually, I'm sure...

Tip for consumers: For those ordering for the first time in Canada, be aware that if you return items you will need a detailed credit note or letter from Venus to submit with your refund claim (CBSA Form B2G) for taxes and duties. You will also require a form B3 from Landmark Global (very helpful and responsive by email but don't try to contact them by phone).

fifif
9/22/14

OMG Venus.com Rocks!!! I have been ordering from them for a few years and I am never disappointed. Fast shipping, the fit is great (true to size), and the quality of the clothes is the best. They also offer the most unique styles that I've seen as well. Truly one of a kind. When I'm wearing their clothes, I feel like a model...6 feet tall. Keep it up Venus!

Tip for consumers: True to size. Great assortments.

andyc46
9/19/14

I've ordered from them a couple of times and have received gifts from them as well. Each item has something wrong with it. It ranges from slight to totally different product. They do carry unique items, however, they sacrifice quality big time. The people who love these clothes must not mind that. I just received an item that is incredibly poorly made, terrible material, and doesn't match the description/ picture at all. As with most "made in China" clothing the sizes are also off (way smaller). It's really a shame. I'm not looking forward to the return experience. Go buy clothing from someone who sells quality to match the price. Venus certainly doesn't. It would be great if they read these reviews and reform their quality control methods.

candyf2
9/4/14

I had the same experience as many on here with a return. My total order was close to $200 but from all that I only had to return one item. A $22 top. I shipped it back thinking it was $6.95 for the return shipping. Come to find out that's just for the convience of using their preprinted label. They still charged me $12.95 return shipping on top of that! So my total refund was $2! I could have used the top for a dust rag for $2! I will NEVER buy from this company again.

davidw171
8/29/14

dishonest, they charged us 6.95 for a label, a sticker for God's sake, thought it was 6.95 for return ground shipping to return wrong size clothing. Turns out they charged us another 13.00 for the shipping. So our refund on a 22.00 top was 2.05. ABSOLUTE DISHONEST SCUM. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Tip for consumers: Amazon is more on clothing but worth it, no tricks w/ Prime, just 2 day shipping and no questions asked returns - with free return shipping. We learned our lesson.

nf29
8/29/14

I ordered from Venus to give it a try despite all the bad reviews about shipping, sizes, quality, and malfunction. I ordered 4 different style tops which totaled to $112.00. I received free shipping/ standard for an order over $100. I ordered on Monday and recieved the package (in NY) this morning (Friday). I was expecting something would be wrong with at least one item or alllll of them since almost every review on this site and one other made it sound like that...NOTHING was wrong with any item. I got what I paid for--pretty good quality for what I think is a cheaper price, I got all the correct items, the colors were correct, the sizes were "true to size" (I'm a medium with 36" bust, 28" waist), and strings were not coming apart, etc. etc. I love each top, I tried them on and they looked better in person! I definitely will continue to be a Venus customer. I absolutely love the cut out mesh detail top, so sexy!

pixiep
8/15/14

I have a good figure, a size 0 or 2. I purchased an extra small. What I got was a formless sack. There was no tailoring to the waist. It looked terrible, it was not only way too large, but it actually made me, a skinny person, look fat! They must be cheating and pinning the clothes on the website models. The website depiction is very inaccurate.
What really is irritating is that I had to pay $7.95 for them to ship it to me and $6.95 for me to ship it back to them. Overall I wasted almost $15 to try on a dress that didn't even fit.

Tip for consumers: The styles are not really accurately portrayed. Order a size or two down.
These dresses must be pinned on the models because they do not have tailoring to them.

brandonz3
8/5/14

I ordered a blouse for my mother, for her birthday. It's been 2 months, and the package still hasn't arrive. I will be filing a Charge back from my credit card company!!! Worst online retailer I've ever encountered. Do yourself a favor, and avoid doing business with this company Venus.com

traceym23
7/30/14

I am a total Venus girl!! Absolutely love their clothes and I got a lot of my friends hooked on Venus. Anytime there is an event that I am going to, gotta get something new from them. Plus their stuff is different and awesome!!!

Love you Venus.

Tracey Marshall, Detroit, MI

aval4
7/29/14

I have to agree with some of the other reviews. I like Venus.com and I was hesitant because of all the negative reviews even though the clothes were so cute. I'm already picky
anyway, but I had to try to see how it was for me as well. I have been ordering from Venus since April 2013 and out of the 20 orders since then, I have had to exchange 7 items for a smaller size and I've asked for a refund twice because the clothing looked absolutely awful on me.

Like I said before, I'm picky when it comes to clothes but when I found Venus I fell in
love with the clothes because there were so many I actually liked and wanted. I have to
agree that a lot of the clothes are thin, to the point where you have to wear a tank or
something underneath it. I think a lot of the clothes are a little expensive period, and I really think they should be cheaper. I hate some of the advertisements of 'up to 25%, 50%, 75% off' when most of the items are on the lower percentage of range.

When I shop now, I always try go to the clearance or sale section and I'm always looking for a discount code. When they have the $25 gift card with a $50 purchase, I always get that. Always.

I'm not the biggest fan of the new credit card rewards. I don't have one myself, and I'm not
tempted to apply either. This may just be me, but a $15 birthday gift certificate during your birthday month is NOT enough. They offer $25 gift certificates every so often and they're saying that for credit card holders, they're only gonna give $15? Even if you aren't a credit card holder, you still get a $25 gift card with a $50 purchase for you birthday month if you purchase within within a certain amount of time. Again, these clothes aren't cheap and I think it should be a bigger reward than what everyone else could get if they search for a coupon somewhere on the internet or if they received one in an email. Now, the $15 off for your birthday month may be offset by the $5 reward you get for every $100 that is spent, but even that could be bumped to $10. They could at least give back 10%. But again, that's just me.

I live in Ohio and normally received my package exactly one week later if I don't choose
faster shipping.

Overall, I still love the clothes from Venus and I will continue to buy from Venus until I find
something better for a lower price. Like any other clothing store, sometimes it's a hit and
sometimes it's a miss.

denisem25
7/26/14

After shopping this catalog for my very picky teenage daughter :) she found two. The only she liked the most had BLEACH stains on it. They were going to be for our family vacation. So sent it back, during vacation. Long story short. ..got a credit slip for $9.10 not even a REFUND. It was $29 dress nothing fancy, when I called the customer service department, she stated that was because the $12.95 shipping n handling plus the $6.95 return label (which I was aware of). So I asked her why would I pay shipping and handling? She started to read from her 'cheat sheets' just ridiculous to be honest. I PERSONALLY WOULDN'T BUY FROM HERE AGAIN. I LOVE THE CONVENIENCE OF ONLINE SHOPPING BUT BEING SCREWED WITH. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

amberl13
7/20/14

All around horrible. The price for most of the clothes are way over the quality of the product. When sites especially clothing stores advertise free exchanges I will order several items expecting some of them to be returned / exchanged for more. I did this twice with two separate orders around $300 and frankly I ended up returning more then half of the items each time.

After returning one defective item they actually sent me another with the same defects (or even the exact same item)... They completely botched my second exchange request. I'm so frustrated I dont even know if its worth my time to contact them or eat the money.

veronicam10
7/17/14

I ordered from this website and absolutely loooove their clothes!!! I was a little bit skeptical after reading the reviews & decided to give them a try anyways. I'm glad that I did. I recommend this site to anyone and will be ordering from them again.

dd78
7/17/14

I ordered a dress for my relative in the USA, I am in the UK.
Well the first issue, their site has a field to select if the billing address is different, this I did as it was a birthday gift purchase.

Only after check out did the address come up as the same as the delivery address (the USA address)

I immediately contacted them and was assured that this would be dealt with after chatting with an online agent named Fendi. And I requested an email confirmation that this was being done.

The following day I checked and it was the same - nothing was changed and no email confirmation received. I went into the change information area and changed this, thinking it would reflect immediately, this dd not happen.

I sent them an email complaint relating that the Billing Address is a London address and the Delivery address is a USA address.

This is the response I received:

''Good Morning,
Thank you for your recent email. We apologize for any inconvenience. At this time, the order has not shipped. All International shipping information must be entered by a supervisor and not the chat representative. This information would have been hand written and submitted to a supervisor to complete the International shipping information. I am happy to take the information once again and resubmit to the appropriate supervisor.''

I emailed again stating that I do not require International Shipping and a gain repeated the issue, I have not received a response.

I then went to chat with their online advisors where I repeated my issue again, and how irate I was and disappointed as this was my first time experience with this company.

Lani - the advisor then stated that for international orders and shipping, I again told her it is not an international shipping it is being delivered to a USA address.

She then said to me that - and this is where I think this company is not secure and can be replicating customers credit/bank card details - she says to me
I must provide her with the billing address again AND, provide her with the name of my bank, the address of my bankers, their telephone number and some other bank related number and they then have to call the bank and then call the deliver address to make verifications? They cannot authorise any payment until they make all those checks.

While talking to her I checked my bank account online and therein my pending transactions is VENUS.COM.

REALLY....this is the first time in my online shopping that some one has requested all of this information.

So if you needed all that info and you can't request funds until, why is there a payment request pending in my account and why is the billing address on their systems still the same as the delivery address????????????????

I told her that is was sounding fraudulent and dodgy and I would like to cancel, she got very defensive and then stated I need your billing details again to clear it up and your bankers information otherwise can I go ahead and cancel and disconnect this call.

I said to her please cancel my order. Guess what my order is still NOT CANCELLED.

I've sent them an email to this effect that they are basically doing fraud.
Still waiting on a response.

When did this happen: 16th into 17th JULY 2014

sarahw64
7/3/14

I ordered a dress. It looks nothing like the picture and it's made out of very cheap material. I am so disappointed I will never order from them again

tb40
7/2/14

I placed my 1st order today. I'm worried about the clothing reading what I've read. I usually order from Victoria Secrets and love their clothes. Anyway, I placed my order w Venus and accidentally ordered 2 of the same shirts so I decided to chat in and my Rep" Dee Rose" was a horrible chatter. She was ignoring me wouldn't let me know she was looking into or please hold. I had to say are you still with me or are you looking into this? She just replied your total is 202.00. Nothing else. I asked will I get a new email with the changes she ignored me Again! So I called while she just left me sitting on chat. I asked, who is your supervisor? She says, call 800 there are several supervisors on the floor. Remind you, I had her Supervisor Kelly on by the time her reply came through. Her supervisor was watching the chat! Wonderful supervisor, she was not happy with Dee Rose unprofessionalism!!!! No complaints about clothing or now.

jessicao11
6/27/14

I ordered a bathing suit on 5/18 and it was back ordered until 5/30. On 5/30 I received an email that it was back ordered until today 6/27. I called and it has now been back ordered till 7/25. I just spoke with customer service and there is no guarantee it will even ship then. What is wrong with this MAJOR corporation. I will NEVER make a purchase and and I'm returning everything else I received. Colors are off and it's all cheaply made!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I like the styles of venus but afraid to buy because of the bad comments. I wanted to know if the materials are good???
2/20/13
dg28
A: I like my shirts more skin tight. I normal wear a size small. I am 5"2 and weigh 110. Would the xs fit me?
1/29/13
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Venus staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Photos for Venus