US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jhh2

On the whole, great clothes, reasonable quality and price but the customer service and follow up really lets them down. (in 24 reviews)

nf29

I received free shipping/ standard for an order over $100. (in 81 reviews)

carolined5

I love this company and I never get as many compliments as when I'm wearing one of their items. (in 33 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

cindym42
12/14/14

1st and last purchase thru Venus! Bought 5 items online. The quality of the material and product is so poor! Looked so cute in the catalog but all 5 tops/sweaters I bought were so thin & cheap! Walmart sells a better product! Don't waste your money!

Tip for consumers: Catalog pictures are very misleading! Cheap, thin materials used. Poor quality!

springn1
12/9/14

ZERO STARS!!
Again another shipping issue!!! I ignored these warnings and it was a mistake!!
I had several items from 2 separate orders to return. I included them in ONE BAG-$6.95

Imagine my shock they dealt with each order separate.
Charged me $13 to return a $29 dress....so my refund was only $17

Second invoice showed another $11 deducted from what I was owed IN ADDITION to the $6.95 standard delivery.

Granted cute clothes but HIT OR MISS with the fabric, quality, proportions, and actual sewing.

Agree with the others Amazon, Macy, and Victoria's Secret are much more budget friendly when you factor in returns.

carolw32
11/22/14

I ordered five items after an icon kept popping up when I was on Facebook. Four arrived a couple weeks later, which is a while to wait but Venus at least is an American company. One item is still on back order and the most expensive item was not there. In it's place was a dress I didn't order. The material on the shirts is thin. Wearable quality but it doesn't "sizzle" like the picture. I called and the guy said he would send the correct item but I must return the item THEY sent by mistake. I hate post offices around Holidays. Wish I hadn't messed with this company!

Tip for consumers: If you have a special occasion to dress for, I would suggest driving to the Mall as opposed to depending on Venus. The sizes run large and the quality isn't fantastic. Plus [at least in my case] I didn't get my full order and it wasn't correct.

sulad
11/15/14

I am a serious online buyer, however if I am unfamiliar with a store or product, I will read the reviews.
I typically go with the majority of the reviews to make my decision as whether or not to buy. In this case the pendulum swung too far to the negative side, making me empty my $208 cart.
Not worth the risk.
FYI: If a sweatshirt is regularly priced at $79.00 I view that as excellent quality, so when I hear decent quality for the money, I'm a little thrown off. Just because it went on sale shouldn't change the quality. Just means I got a great deal!!
Please ignore the rating of 1 Star as I have no knowledge of any of the details to base a rating upon. I was forced to choose a rating in order to post this review. This review is intended more for management than for the consumer.
Thanks

memed
11/14/14

I have made several purchases over the last 6 months and the first order I had quite a few items that I really wasn't crazy about once I saw them in person. Like for an example the red off the shoulder dress. Cute design wrong material. To be honest it wasn't worth returning either. It will be donated. I made another attempt recently, place an order on a jumpsuit I have been eyeing. What a waste! I would agree with Sue. she hit it right on. The quality of the material is horrible. If your looking for a one time outfit and don't plan on wearing it again. Then by all means slurge. You get what you pay for. Word of advice make sure it's on sale that way you won't be too disappointed. To each is own......

brendar22
11/10/14

EXTREMELY poor customer service! I placed an order that had a different shipping address than billing address and received an email asking that I call them. The Customer Service rep said that they wouldn't ship to a different address than the billing address (then why offer this option?). I agreed to have it shipped to my billing address and was told someone would need to be there to sign for the package, which is why I was having it sent to the shipping address I originally entered!!!! I told them to CANCEL the entire order and after reading the poor reviews due to quality I am glad this happened.

kristianh3
11/6/14

I needed to let fellow online shoppers like me know how happy I am with venus. The quality is decent as is customer service. I have ordered clothes that have been too big/small or not what I expected and returning them for refund or exchange has never been a hassle. Depending where you are shipping can take awhile but definitely worth the wait. Best site I have ordered from so far

nicoleh21
10/31/14

Buyer beware! The first order I placed with no issues so I decided to place another order. The second order had several items that I needed to return because they were made of cheap fabric or the sleeves were too tight. Venus charged me the $6.95 to return the items plus an additional $12.95 in shipping because I received free shipping on my original order and returning the items meant that I would have paid for the shipping on the items I kept, according to the CSR I spoke with. I live in Jacksonville. It is ridiculous to charge$20 in shipping for 2 items. I will stick to Victoria's Secret where I can return to the store for free!!

donnap19
10/30/14

Very disappointed in using Venus and Never will again. By the time they charged me shipping and tax my order was $29 & it was too large so i returned the sweater. By the time I paid $1.50 for the envelope and shipping I only got back $15 so I will NEVER EVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. I will stick to places like Amazon. Never have that problem. I mean really $5 to ship it here and $7 to ship it back and it weighed nothing. Disappointed customer! If u want to waste money them buy fRom them.

marilync13
10/26/14

I order two dresses for a ball on Oct.22.2014, wanted 2 days shipping with Venus, I did not receive it. They didn't call me. I wait all day and night ,they told me to call customer service, and UPS to see what happen to my order they said it will be their, it never came. Then I call both of them back, Ups was closed till Mon.Oct,27,2014 I was very disappointed in the service I received ,I wasn't able to go to my Ball, I spent a lot of time on the phone with customer care service. They shouldn't put 2 days shipping if its not going to be their or they should call with an explanation. UPS and one person at Venus acted like it was my fault, I was very dissatisfied with the service of them. :(

Tip for consumers: please never use the 2 days shipping.

np27
10/20/14

so here I am making an order my total turned out to be 260.00, but something told me to read the reviews about Venus, I shop on line all the time I love shopping with Victoria Secret love all their clothes and styles. never been disappointed with shopping at V.S., but I also shopped other places in the past online and was very disappointed all the negative and poor reviews about Venus remind me of my bad experiences in the past with shopping online so I will trust these unhappy customers because there is too many disappointments and not place the order, I will back out, Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

tatianar1
10/18/14

Clothing material is bad quality, after only one wash the cloth is ruined, and the prices aren't cheap either.

j-nn
10/17/14

Got my jacket in the mail. Didn't event look like the picture. The sleeves in the picture were black and they were brown when I got it. It was crappy material, and didn't fit right at all. Then when I returned it with the sticker they gave me they charged me so instead of getting almost $50 back on my credit card I got $35 back. I will never shop there again that is for sure!

hurriyak
10/14/14

cheap cheap cheap quality... that is all. for $44+shipping i got one cheap, tight, thin, ugly sweatshirt. Of course it looks nice on 0 size model before washing the product but in real world after one initial wash it is looking 10 years old and threads hanging everywhere.

cathiem3
10/12/14

CDN Buyers Beware!!!
1st timer buyer spent. over $188.Post Office notified I owed over $82 COD on parcel for shipping.Um....ship was free.When I got it home..there was a tiny adhes label mentioning Landmark Global - COD and that's all. Talked to Venus rep who informed me that LG charge was for customs, taxes etc.Scam!!!!!
Gov't customs,taxes have special for Govt form that breaks down all charges.These charges are close to being 50% of the original order!! CDN customs would not be that high!!
Waiting to hear back from Venus or Landmark!!!!
Also found sizing to be different in every item I bought. One pair 14 jeans didn't fit, another style size 14 mean was too big!! Tops the same.
Return policy is a mess for Cdns too. Be careful!!!
NOT RESOLVED!!!!

Al

Tip for consumers: Don't bother if CDN customer!!!!! BEWARE!!

sarahg47
10/4/14

I ordered a dress from Venus. I am about 5'2, 115 pounds. So I ordered a size 2, I looked at the size chart and it seemingly should fit perfect, I always order clothes and dresses online and usually have no trouble with sizing. I ordered 2 day shipping and received it when I was supposed to. The dress was about $64, it looked very elegant in the picture. In person it looked very cheap quality, and it had a side zipper and the bottom was HUGE on me but at my ribcage where I am the smallest was too tight. You literally had to have the smallest waist but a huge butt and thighs to fit in it. Not pleased. I've ordered dresses for $15 from other sites that have great fit and look expensive. And they don't offer free returns either!

mollyr6
9/29/14

I've ordered from this website before and have received cheap quality products. Unless the items are of good quality their pretty expensive. I ordered a shirt that cost me $26 and when I washed it on delicate with two other shirts (two soft cotton shirts) it came out completely shredded. I was very upset once again from this Website and don't ever plan on ordering again.

jhh2
9/24/14

I've ordered from this company three times. I am in Canada so was very happy to receive free shipping (orders over $100). My first order arrived in one week exactly and everything fit perfectly, looked awesome and I felt the items were above average quality for the price paid. My second order however contained items that were rather randomly sized so I returned a few of them. The return process itself was no problem. As I was visiting the US I used the pre-printed label that they supply with every order. I was charged the $6.95 to return the items which was no surprise as they tell you this in advance. I have seen other reviewers that mention they were charged an additional fee also, but this was not my experience. Perhaps their return brought the original order to under $100 in which case shipping is charged on the order (clearly stated in the return policy).
The reason for the 4 stars and not 5 is the "Customer Care" phone line. I have called them several times and each time, they sound like they are regurgitating a scripted response in a very disinterested manner and have to pass on any request to a supervisor who will contact you....eventually, I'm sure...

Tip for consumers: For those ordering for the first time in Canada, be aware that if you return items you will need a detailed credit note or letter from Venus to submit with your refund claim (CBSA Form B2G) for taxes and duties. You will also require a form B3 from Landmark Global (very helpful and responsive by email but don't try to contact them by phone).

fifif
9/22/14

OMG Venus.com Rocks!!! I have been ordering from them for a few years and I am never disappointed. Fast shipping, the fit is great (true to size), and the quality of the clothes is the best. They also offer the most unique styles that I've seen as well. Truly one of a kind. When I'm wearing their clothes, I feel like a model...6 feet tall. Keep it up Venus!

Tip for consumers: True to size. Great assortments.

andyc46
9/19/14

I've ordered from them a couple of times and have received gifts from them as well. Each item has something wrong with it. It ranges from slight to totally different product. They do carry unique items, however, they sacrifice quality big time. The people who love these clothes must not mind that. I just received an item that is incredibly poorly made, terrible material, and doesn't match the description/ picture at all. As with most "made in China" clothing the sizes are also off (way smaller). It's really a shame. I'm not looking forward to the return experience. Go buy clothing from someone who sells quality to match the price. Venus certainly doesn't. It would be great if they read these reviews and reform their quality control methods.

candyf2
9/4/14

I had the same experience as many on here with a return. My total order was close to $200 but from all that I only had to return one item. A $22 top. I shipped it back thinking it was $6.95 for the return shipping. Come to find out that's just for the convience of using their preprinted label. They still charged me $12.95 return shipping on top of that! So my total refund was $2! I could have used the top for a dust rag for $2! I will NEVER buy from this company again.

davidw171
8/29/14

dishonest, they charged us 6.95 for a label, a sticker for God's sake, thought it was 6.95 for return ground shipping to return wrong size clothing. Turns out they charged us another 13.00 for the shipping. So our refund on a 22.00 top was 2.05. ABSOLUTE DISHONEST SCUM. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Tip for consumers: Amazon is more on clothing but worth it, no tricks w/ Prime, just 2 day shipping and no questions asked returns - with free return shipping. We learned our lesson.

nf29
8/29/14

I ordered from Venus to give it a try despite all the bad reviews about shipping, sizes, quality, and malfunction. I ordered 4 different style tops which totaled to $112.00. I received free shipping/ standard for an order over $100. I ordered on Monday and recieved the package (in NY) this morning (Friday). I was expecting something would be wrong with at least one item or alllll of them since almost every review on this site and one other made it sound like that...NOTHING was wrong with any item. I got what I paid for--pretty good quality for what I think is a cheaper price, I got all the correct items, the colors were correct, the sizes were "true to size" (I'm a medium with 36" bust, 28" waist), and strings were not coming apart, etc. etc. I love each top, I tried them on and they looked better in person! I definitely will continue to be a Venus customer. I absolutely love the cut out mesh detail top, so sexy!

pixiep
8/15/14

I have a good figure, a size 0 or 2. I purchased an extra small. What I got was a formless sack. There was no tailoring to the waist. It looked terrible, it was not only way too large, but it actually made me, a skinny person, look fat! They must be cheating and pinning the clothes on the website models. The website depiction is very inaccurate.
What really is irritating is that I had to pay $7.95 for them to ship it to me and $6.95 for me to ship it back to them. Overall I wasted almost $15 to try on a dress that didn't even fit.

Tip for consumers: The styles are not really accurately portrayed. Order a size or two down.
These dresses must be pinned on the models because they do not have tailoring to them.

brandonz3
8/5/14

I ordered a blouse for my mother, for her birthday. It's been 2 months, and the package still hasn't arrive. I will be filing a Charge back from my credit card company!!! Worst online retailer I've ever encountered. Do yourself a favor, and avoid doing business with this company Venus.com

traceym23
7/30/14

I am a total Venus girl!! Absolutely love their clothes and I got a lot of my friends hooked on Venus. Anytime there is an event that I am going to, gotta get something new from them. Plus their stuff is different and awesome!!!

Love you Venus.

Tracey Marshall, Detroit, MI

aval4
7/29/14

I have to agree with some of the other reviews. I like Venus.com and I was hesitant because of all the negative reviews even though the clothes were so cute. I'm already picky
anyway, but I had to try to see how it was for me as well. I have been ordering from Venus since April 2013 and out of the 20 orders since then, I have had to exchange 7 items for a smaller size and I've asked for a refund twice because the clothing looked absolutely awful on me.

Like I said before, I'm picky when it comes to clothes but when I found Venus I fell in
love with the clothes because there were so many I actually liked and wanted. I have to
agree that a lot of the clothes are thin, to the point where you have to wear a tank or
something underneath it. I think a lot of the clothes are a little expensive period, and I really think they should be cheaper. I hate some of the advertisements of 'up to 25%, 50%, 75% off' when most of the items are on the lower percentage of range.

When I shop now, I always try go to the clearance or sale section and I'm always looking for a discount code. When they have the $25 gift card with a $50 purchase, I always get that. Always.

I'm not the biggest fan of the new credit card rewards. I don't have one myself, and I'm not
tempted to apply either. This may just be me, but a $15 birthday gift certificate during your birthday month is NOT enough. They offer $25 gift certificates every so often and they're saying that for credit card holders, they're only gonna give $15? Even if you aren't a credit card holder, you still get a $25 gift card with a $50 purchase for you birthday month if you purchase within within a certain amount of time. Again, these clothes aren't cheap and I think it should be a bigger reward than what everyone else could get if they search for a coupon somewhere on the internet or if they received one in an email. Now, the $15 off for your birthday month may be offset by the $5 reward you get for every $100 that is spent, but even that could be bumped to $10. They could at least give back 10%. But again, that's just me.

I live in Ohio and normally received my package exactly one week later if I don't choose
faster shipping.

Overall, I still love the clothes from Venus and I will continue to buy from Venus until I find
something better for a lower price. Like any other clothing store, sometimes it's a hit and
sometimes it's a miss.

denisem25
7/26/14

After shopping this catalog for my very picky teenage daughter :) she found two. The only she liked the most had BLEACH stains on it. They were going to be for our family vacation. So sent it back, during vacation. Long story short. ..got a credit slip for $9.10 not even a REFUND. It was $29 dress nothing fancy, when I called the customer service department, she stated that was because the $12.95 shipping n handling plus the $6.95 return label (which I was aware of). So I asked her why would I pay shipping and handling? She started to read from her 'cheat sheets' just ridiculous to be honest. I PERSONALLY WOULDN'T BUY FROM HERE AGAIN. I LOVE THE CONVENIENCE OF ONLINE SHOPPING BUT BEING SCREWED WITH. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

amberl13
7/20/14

All around horrible. The price for most of the clothes are way over the quality of the product. When sites especially clothing stores advertise free exchanges I will order several items expecting some of them to be returned / exchanged for more. I did this twice with two separate orders around $300 and frankly I ended up returning more then half of the items each time.

After returning one defective item they actually sent me another with the same defects (or even the exact same item)... They completely botched my second exchange request. I'm so frustrated I dont even know if its worth my time to contact them or eat the money.

veronicam10
7/17/14

I ordered from this website and absolutely loooove their clothes!!! I was a little bit skeptical after reading the reviews & decided to give them a try anyways. I'm glad that I did. I recommend this site to anyone and will be ordering from them again.

dd78
7/17/14

I ordered a dress for my relative in the USA, I am in the UK.
Well the first issue, their site has a field to select if the billing address is different, this I did as it was a birthday gift purchase.

Only after check out did the address come up as the same as the delivery address (the USA address)

I immediately contacted them and was assured that this would be dealt with after chatting with an online agent named Fendi. And I requested an email confirmation that this was being done.

The following day I checked and it was the same - nothing was changed and no email confirmation received. I went into the change information area and changed this, thinking it would reflect immediately, this dd not happen.

I sent them an email complaint relating that the Billing Address is a London address and the Delivery address is a USA address.

This is the response I received:

''Good Morning,
Thank you for your recent email. We apologize for any inconvenience. At this time, the order has not shipped. All International shipping information must be entered by a supervisor and not the chat representative. This information would have been hand written and submitted to a supervisor to complete the International shipping information. I am happy to take the information once again and resubmit to the appropriate supervisor.''

I emailed again stating that I do not require International Shipping and a gain repeated the issue, I have not received a response.

I then went to chat with their online advisors where I repeated my issue again, and how irate I was and disappointed as this was my first time experience with this company.

Lani - the advisor then stated that for international orders and shipping, I again told her it is not an international shipping it is being delivered to a USA address.

She then said to me that - and this is where I think this company is not secure and can be replicating customers credit/bank card details - she says to me
I must provide her with the billing address again AND, provide her with the name of my bank, the address of my bankers, their telephone number and some other bank related number and they then have to call the bank and then call the deliver address to make verifications? They cannot authorise any payment until they make all those checks.

While talking to her I checked my bank account online and therein my pending transactions is VENUS.COM.

REALLY....this is the first time in my online shopping that some one has requested all of this information.

So if you needed all that info and you can't request funds until, why is there a payment request pending in my account and why is the billing address on their systems still the same as the delivery address????????????????

I told her that is was sounding fraudulent and dodgy and I would like to cancel, she got very defensive and then stated I need your billing details again to clear it up and your bankers information otherwise can I go ahead and cancel and disconnect this call.

I said to her please cancel my order. Guess what my order is still NOT CANCELLED.

I've sent them an email to this effect that they are basically doing fraud.
Still waiting on a response.

When did this happen: 16th into 17th JULY 2014

sarahw64
7/3/14

I ordered a dress. It looks nothing like the picture and it's made out of very cheap material. I am so disappointed I will never order from them again

tb40
7/2/14

I placed my 1st order today. I'm worried about the clothing reading what I've read. I usually order from Victoria Secrets and love their clothes. Anyway, I placed my order w Venus and accidentally ordered 2 of the same shirts so I decided to chat in and my Rep" Dee Rose" was a horrible chatter. She was ignoring me wouldn't let me know she was looking into or please hold. I had to say are you still with me or are you looking into this? She just replied your total is 202.00. Nothing else. I asked will I get a new email with the changes she ignored me Again! So I called while she just left me sitting on chat. I asked, who is your supervisor? She says, call 800 there are several supervisors on the floor. Remind you, I had her Supervisor Kelly on by the time her reply came through. Her supervisor was watching the chat! Wonderful supervisor, she was not happy with Dee Rose unprofessionalism!!!! No complaints about clothing or now.

jessicao11
6/27/14

I ordered a bathing suit on 5/18 and it was back ordered until 5/30. On 5/30 I received an email that it was back ordered until today 6/27. I called and it has now been back ordered till 7/25. I just spoke with customer service and there is no guarantee it will even ship then. What is wrong with this MAJOR corporation. I will NEVER make a purchase and and I'm returning everything else I received. Colors are off and it's all cheaply made!

marinat2
6/27/14

Ever since I ordered at VENUS I always get compliments and the sizing is great! I'm in between sizing so I was a little nervous about the fit but looking at what style or material it's made out of really helped in my decision. Their clothes, swimsuits, & shoes are beautiful! Customer for life!

lindal70
6/23/14

I ordered from Venus for the first time. Horrible experience.
Poor quality of garments and poor workmanship.
On top of that they want a restocking fee.
Never again!!!

christinel12
6/21/14

Ordering clothing from Venus requires you to analyze how the item is made, the fabric type, scrutinizing the image for possible pinning, etc. Maybe then you will pick something that will fit you. I bought a shirt that had beading in the front which was at the shoulder on the model but on me was two inches lower than the shoulder. If you don't mind risking paying shipping for both ways (you have to pay the shipping from them to if your order goes below 100 dollars if the shipping was free after returning items), then buy all means, give them a try. If you enjoy gambling then you will enjoy shopping with Venus.

milag10
6/14/14

Very bad, Venus put one picture in the web and after they send a product that is not the same, not really close to one they offer. The worst: you have to pay the return eventhought it is not your mistake

pamelab6
5/30/14

I've ordered from Venus.com many times..I DO know that their tops do run a bit larger than expected so even with a 34C bust I always order the Extra small..I've lost weight recently (22 lbs) and there is a top I am DYING for on their site right now..Its orange and has embellished beading on it..It looks tight on the model but perfectly fitting on her so don't know if I should go with a small or extra small.. I've never purchased pants, dresses as I'm only 5.2 so definitely would be too long for me and would have no idea as far as which size to order really..I LOVE their clothing and don't see problems with the quality..I know most are made of rayon/poly blend..I DO feel that the site should offer promo codes or codes to use as most online clothing sites do

krystalw1
5/29/14

I read this review after I paid $470 dollars. I felt so nervous, when the box got here I opened tried everything on and I am in love with the cloths, the fit, everything was perfect. I kept in mind as I ordered that the models have big boobs and I am rocking c cup but not so D. The cloths are a great fit and I am very pleased and will continue to shop with Venus. I am glad I ordered the cloths and use gut instinct before you read all negative reviews Love them.......

pollyc3
5/24/14

My biggest complaint is if you return something they will RIP you off big time. I ordered 5 items. I got free shipping and a 15% discount. I retuned everything but one top that was $34. - 15% = $28.90. On the returns they charged me $7.95 shipping - $6.95 for the return label then took back the discount of 15%. I thought I was paying $28.9o for the top but it ended up being $48.90. I turned them in to my credit card company to be investigated.

cholee
4/30/14

Awful customer service. The representatives online are so unhelpful and rude it's ridiculous. Their clothes never look the same in person either. They are definitely using tricks like pinning to make them look good in the catalogs.

tammyr12
4/26/14

They get a 1 star rating on their deceitful collection of Canadian duties and taxes alone. They don't have authorization to collect those on behalf of CBSA, so I'm wondering where that money is going. They don't tell you they want you to pay that until AFTER you put the charges through and go about your merry way. Then a day later or so, you get an email insisting you pay these charges, "after which time your item will be placed in transit"
Upon calling to cancel my order (because I am not paying these fees to anyone but the CSBA through Canada Post), I was informed that my order had already been shipped out, even though their email said that wouldn't happen until I paid those charges for Canadian duty and tax to them. The customer service rep said it would just go through USPS (which is should be anyway) and that once I receive it I can just refuse it and they'll send it back to them. He could not explain to me why it had been shipped out, yet the email said it would not be until those fees were paid to them. Nor did he sound surprised at the content or sentiment of my call...

Sneaky. Really dishonest company. I will never buy from them again, based on their deceitfulness alone.

johannam3
4/19/14

I paid extra to have my package shipped sooner and did not receive it until a week later, which completely defeated the purpose of paying extra. Customer service reps are very rude and could care less about quality service. The clothes are not true to size, its pretty much a toss up. I would not recommend this site.

seners
4/13/14

I read the complaints and then ordered three skirts just to see what I'd wind up with. Two arrived so far and they are adorable. I will order from the site again. You get what you pay for. These skirts may last one or two seasons and I will gave to hand wash them. One medium is a little large and the other medium is perfect. But the prices are as cheap as Walmart and much much cuter. My advice is order a couple if things, expect the fabric to be thin, expect to hand wash them, and enjoy them while they last.

sj212
4/10/14

Seller illegally charges tax on shipping and doesn't refund the entire taxed amount. Customer service could care less. AVOID this merchant.

ashleyl25
4/2/14

I bought a bathing suit bottom for my upcoming vacation and not only did it ship quickly; I didn't do any express shipping and receiving my item in 3 days but the price was great, too. The item fits exactly how it is suppose to and not made of cheap material.

I was very happy with my experience with this site and plan on shopping with them again.

ap435
3/22/14

I ordered two dresses and I gotta say I will never order from here again. The material is VERY CHEAP! Does not look like the picture at all... & I wonder what the L size looks like when the S fits like an XL..

tammyv
3/22/14

Is very very bad , I order 4 dresses about a month ago , and 1 of then dint fit , the price was 29$ and they only refunded me 7$ lol they charge 12,95$ shipping and $7 for return level I don't know why they charge u for that cause I sent it back I pay for shipping ,

shelleyc8
3/15/14

March 15, 2014. Re Venus Experience.

Buying: Firstly I live in Calgary, Canada so it costs a lot ! more to ship to me. So on top of the shipping charge (unless you get free) can range from $20 - $40 duties and taxes depending on how much you spend CAD which somehow always works out to so much more even when the dollar is equal at times. But in the long run it's actually cheaper than say buying a really good pair of slacks from a boutique for $200. Ouch. Yes I work in a professional environment.

At First: I've never returned anything due to hassle. Example is I was able to wear something maybe once or twice and wash per instructions and somehow never looks the same again and never fits again. I figured must be the Canadian water.

Next: The material I felt is actually better than Victoria's Secret. You cannot see what bra you're wearing through the material. So that's a definite pro. However that's just a me buying thing because I don't go for the dangerous dresses. Usually just simple tops, swimsuits etc.

My thoughts to this day: Sorry to say. I finally had to return things because they were so completely not the picture and fit was not fitting. This is my almost third year from buying from them now. I know I'm not going to look like the skinny pin model but OMG ! Ouch.

Customer Service: The online chat was not good. They don't have time. Given I type 120 words per minute they did not have the patience for me to put a sentence together. Possibly under staffed I am assuming. Or I just felt like this person thinks I'm an idiot when I'm just a paying customer.

Orders to date: Still awaiting swimsuits I ordered. I guess I'll let you know how that goes. Already backordered on a few items.

To summarize it's good and its not good. Some things I love somethings I dislike.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I like the styles of venus but afraid to buy because of the bad comments. I wanted to know if the materials are good???
2/20/13
dg28
A: I like my shirts more skin tight. I normal wear a size small. I am 5"2 and weigh 110. Would the xs fit me?
1/29/13
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Venus staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?