US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jacquelynnec

I am shocked at reading the negative reviews about customer service. (in 50 reviews)

barbarac63

I usually wear a medium to a large but I find it's safer to order the xl just to make sure it fits. (in 177 reviews)

cathyd15

But recently it seems that the items I select for purchase have been unavailable. (in 67 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

annar81
2/7/16

First off, just know that their return policy (or at least the policy for my particular order) is they will either refund or exchange your order, but you pay for return shipping (exchanges ship to you for free), which ultimately puts you in the hole $15 just to try on a piece of clothing (roughly $8 to ship, roughly $7 to return).

Seriously though, any clothing website that doesn't allow for customers posting reviews is extremely sketchy. Obviously every site uses models with perfect bodies, a fair bit of photoshop, and deceptive wording. So it's hard to know exactly what you're purchasing. And that's why customer reviews are helpful; they'll tell you how it really is.

Knowing that, and even reading through a couple reviews here, I took my chance. Because the bikini top I found was just SO cute! It was the "color block push up bra top" (a bikini top). I'll include the picture on the site along with pictures of the actual product worn on a more common body-type.
I noticed most of the reviews focused on long shipping time, horrible return process, and overall poor quality of the piece. Well, I wasn't in a huge time crunch (didn't need it for a month), I never bother with returns anyways because they're always a huge hassle, and how can a bathing suit be low qualty?- all bathing suits are made of the same type of material, so I knew I couldn't be shocked there. And from the picture, the design seemed pretty straight forward. What could go wrong?
Well, for anyone figuring a bathing suit is the exception to the "poor quality" complaint, you are wrong. There was nothing push up about it, the fit was horrendous (though slightly my fault because I was torn between two sizes and ended up choosing the smaller of the two), and the overall aesthetic presented on the website is actually physically impossible to achieve without making alterations to remove the convertible aspect.
Though I will say the material, stitching, and mega-cool slider back strap (why don't all bras have these????), was spot on. And shipping was actually decently quick. Only took 4 days.

So yea, like I said, if you choose to shop at venus.com, you're taking a gamble. Because odds are, you're either going to be out $15 with nothing to show for it, or out however much you spent to purchase something, and stuck with what you never would have bought had you tried it on in a store.

-----Picture Explanation-----
So as you can see, the bikini top is very simple. Black cups, blue halter straps. In the product picture, the straps are really the focal point, and cover a decent amount of the cups. But when actually worn, there is no magic that keeps the fabric stretched over the cups. They just smoosh into a thin little hardly noticeable strap! And can you see the support? Or rather, the lack-there-of? Using my hands to hold things up to where a normal push-up would keep them, it's clear to see how small the cups are (unfortunately I don't have 3 hands, so I couldn't get a picture demonstrating the size problems). I would be mortified if my crush saw me in this. Life would be grand if I had fake tits and didn't need any support in a bra/bikini... but for me, that's just not the case.
This might be cute if you had really small breasts. Small enough that support isn't a problem, and your boobs don't come out much and therefore won't push the straps aside. But for anyone B cup and up, I'd say, don't even bother.

jm193
2/5/16

The clothes are ok made. What gets me so upset about this site is that several times when I placed an order with their preorder clothes, my orders always seem to get cancelled with same message that the items have been discontinued. If your going to offer the clothes for preorder they should NOT be discontinued. I normally spend quite a bit but I think I am going to take my business elsewhere from now on.

denisec56
2/3/16

I find that their clothes always looks better in their pictures. You must also read the product details to make sure you are buying the fabric quality that you want. They have some good items, but some of their items looks like they could be purchased at a flea market.

taraz1
2/3/16

The item I ordered was backordered (which wasn't obvious on their page when I ordered it). I was excited when it looked like they finally had it in stock. I paid the duties and waited for it to arrive. Unfortunately, they sent me a totally different item instead. Now I'm on the hook for duties and exchange rate expenses. This site is completely disorganized and unprofessional. I hope they don't screw up the refund as well. :-(

Tip for consumers: Don't.

ashleyr60
2/2/16

All the negative reviews on here must be from people who don't know good quality. Most of my wardrobe is from here and I love everything I've bought. I've never had to return anything and buy things from this website a few times a month. Highly recommend!

steffys1
2/1/16

I ordered two items on December 26 it was supposed to ship to my job since am rarely home and I have not yet received the items . I called to find out what happened to items according to consumer service " the shipping address was different my from my billing address " when I explained it to her she said " she's going to ship it out to me " I have not received anything , I did call back again spoke to the supervisor she apologized and said " she's going to ship the items express and waived the fees " that was on January 22 and I still didn't received the items so I reported them to corporate. I would never ever order anything from this company again this is the worst I ever experienced ordering stuff online .

debbies76
1/30/16

I would love to order some items....but most of your customer reviews are terrible. So many complaints, on sizing, quality of merchandise...& especially on returns. Would you want to order items for yourself with these issues? I hope you resolve them. I will continue to watch reviews. When the quality improves & return policies change I will consider ordering.

victoriam57
1/29/16

I returned a "reversable cape" only because I just didn't love it. The cape was $29.99. Those a-holes charged me $19.95 to return it!!!! $6.95 for the shipping label (really people??) and $12.95 for the return. $12.95 ?? It wasn't made out of titanium for god sake. Read the fine print before you return ANYTHING. I'll never order from Venus again.

deeh38
1/29/16

This store cancel more order! The items may be nice but getting them is another thing! Check your inventory before taking orders! Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

caroler9
1/26/16

I have been a loyal venus customer, and I have never had to return anything every thing arrives in a timely fashion. I always get a lot of compliments from friends and family and Co workers.

jenniferm177
1/24/16

More than half of my wardrobe is from Venus. I love their clothes. I have not come across anything cheaply made yet. I have dresses, sweaters, leggings, jeans, shoes and jewelry. I will say I do thing their shoes do run a little small. Every time I wear an outfit from Venus I always get compliments and people ask wear did you get that. I love the clothes!

sandrah54
1/19/16

i have read all yoru reviews and they are terrible especially for canadians.. I say you have to change some rules .. I won't be your target for unhidden fees..

charlottem25
1/19/16

Ive ordered from venus several times. Ive always received my order in 3-5 days. Everything fit perfectly. 4 yrs ag i ordered a bathing suit and the top was to small. No problem at all returning it and receiving another. The clothes ive bought are well made and exactly what the picture depicted. Some of you seem awfully bitter. Is it possible you ordered styles that just werent for your body type? In 19 years ive never had a bad experience.

beverlyg19
1/19/16

I have purchased many, many items from Venus over the past years and I rarely see bad quality. The few items that I have returned were because of size but I never had a problem with a return. Venus is the first on-line store that I go to when I am in need of clothes. I love shopping at Venus.com.

cathym60
1/18/16

I ordered three tops from Venus. Two were ill-fitting so I notified them I was making a return. They e-mailed requesting that I wait to mail the return until I received a POSTAGE PAID mailing label from them in the mail. I got the label, returned the items and then received an e-mail notifying me my return had been completed and showing a $6.95 charge for the return label and a $9.95 charge for return shipping deducted from my refund. Really??? I could have printed a label free myself and probably gotten a better postage rate. I felt tricked and ripped off.

bd35
1/18/16

Terrible quality clothing ! beyond disappointed.
DO NOT ORDER FROM VENUS

theab3
1/15/16

It was my first time ordering from Venus, I ordered over the phone and the REP was really nice to me I asked her if everything was true to size (example)- If I order a small it'll be small. Well to be on the safe side I ordered a medium for a trip to Iowa for a conference, and boots that went with it. Well I paid 2 day shipping and retrieved my items.. Well the mini dress was below my knees and the boots where above my knees... Awkward if I do say so myself, ok so everything was to big yet it was in my size that was a little odd to say the least anyway what kind of pissed me off was my box the dress came in was ripped not ripped by (delivery) it's like someone popped all the corners of the lid and ripped the bottom of the box.. Well this was in my eyes a disaster so I sent everything back and called customer service and told them my box looked like a hot mess, told the rep I don't want to be charged for the already destroyed package. She said I would be fine... Well I spent 2 day shipping, and a shipping return fee. I spent $108.95 and I am pending a return amount of $91.05. This doesn't seem fair because sending ripped packages and asking customers to pay a return shipping fee is just ridiculous. Presentation is something we pay doe as well and it would be nice if the representatives knew what true to size meant after the customer explains their personal size. Never again will I order from this site.

karlaw5
1/15/16

I have ordered twice now from Venus and have been very pleased with service price and quality I would recommend them to anyone can't wait to order again!!

tecio
1/13/16

ordered bum lifter jeans in dark wash the picture of the jeans on the website looked like they had faded detail i talked to the live chat and asked her what size i should pick after tell her my measurements she said size 4, when they arrived i notice that they looked nothing like the picture they were solid dark wash no fade detail like the picture, and they are way too big, then i went to walmart the next day and found some nice jeggings for half the price, and fit and look better then the ones i bought from venus, they think their worth a million dollars

brendal36
1/9/16

Purchased a dress and it was way to long and oversized, which wasn't the problem. That can happen anywhere. The problem is that when I sent it back they kept over half of the purchase price in fees and shipping. So the dress cost me $29 plus tax and shipping and I was only refunded a total of $13.34?!?!?!? That's robbery.... I will never shop there again!

danat18
1/9/16

You may receive half of your money. I returned a $24 dollar (unopened) sweater and they returned $11 dollars to my card--over half my money gone. I've been a customer for at least 5 years, but never again!

karenm177
1/8/16

I had ordered a a few tops for my daughter. But one did not fit so when I returned the item they charged me double the shipping fee plus the label charge. I have not had any other company charge me that before. Disappointed in the return policy. The clothes are very nice looking and most that I ordered look nice. But, one sweater does not look that great... it is a cheaper quality not what I expected.

wendys66
1/3/16

Venus has been on time with my shipments, good customer service, merchandise good, not top of the line, but good for the money you spend. My daughter is a size 4 and she finds the fit good, my sister is size 20-22 and they only go to size 16.

barbarah82
1/3/16

I used to buy a lot from Venus.com but now the policy for returns is unacceptable. I bought a $60 dress and was charged $17 to return it. I no longer shop Venus.com and neither do any of my friends. I tried to talk with the company but got no response. In my view online purchases of clothing are going to naturally include some returns. That is the cost of doing online business. I highly recommend being sure before you buy from this business as the cost will be yours. Quite disappointing!,,

nickyh1
12/31/15

I was charged the 6.95 for the return label which I knew about and almost $20 in hidden fees. $12.95 fee on a $39 dress $3 on $24 jeans and $2 on $22 top. And the reason I returned everything was because the clothing was just soooo horribly cheap and usually things run small when made over seas, everything I ordered was so big (I'm a medium) I swear they were large or extra large the bum lifter jeans were so long and big they looked like gramma pants when I put them on, the surplice baby doll top looked like a hot mess like it just wasn't made properly I'm a 36DD and the medium was so loose in the chest it was hanging, and the flared lace trim dress I wanted to wear to a Christmas party. Forget about it, the dress itself just looked so cheap and again so large I looked like I was wearing a maternity dress not very sexy at all. I will never order from them again.

arriealw
12/30/15

I shop here all the time. I ordered my mom some sweaters and myself some dresses. My mom loved her clothing pieces and I'm going to continue to shop here. I never had an issue with my items. Everything was as pictured in the description and site picture. Sometimes the clothes are a little too big but that's my only issue. This is an authentic website if it wasn't I would have stopped ordering their a long time ago.

natellas2
12/28/15

The quality of good is good. Placed an order of several items. Had to return one of them, was charged $20 for a return of an item that is $29. Not fair ((((
This is my only complain.

sarag50
12/23/15

I placed an order on November 28 and still have yet to receive my order. So much for Christmas. I contacted them and they said I should have received it no later than December 7. I then contacted ups who informed me that Venus made the label but never gave them the package. I talked to Venus and they said theyvwould forward my email to the tracing department and they would call me. Well after not hearing anything from the tracing department , I called and they said they would forward the request to tracing dept. Wtf?? I thought they already did. So now its just a waiting game. Do not order from them because they will take your money and not send u your stuff.

christinan14
12/16/15

Ok I hardly ever post positive reviews lol and I have to say Venus is just an AWESOME company. Given I do live in Florida, where they are located, but I get my packages SO fast. Like on day! with standard shipping! the quality of the clothes I think is awesome for how affordable they are. If something doesn't fit it's usually because I'm just really short so it's not really their fault...like jackets etc...

However I remember ordering and returning stuff like 3 times before my cruise..thinking oh man I'm never going to get the refunds or money in time...and I did! They refund the charges so fast once you send the stuff back! I'm just really a HUGE fan of them! :)

jessicak47
12/11/15

I have been ordering from venus for years now, I get most of my sweaters, tops, and some work apparel from this website. NEVER once have I been disappointed, everything has always shipped on time and never had an issue with returns or customer service. For those who write the clothing is cheap probably are not reading the labels in which the wash instructions are, these clothes will last if you do not dry them. I highly recommend this site.

crystalh17
12/8/15

Very poor quality. $70 boots looks like they should be sold at a dollar store! Plus, the boots both say 7 1/2 even though I ordered size 8 and the box says 8 yet both boots fit differently. My sweat shirt is see through, and the leggings are cheap and miss sized! Don't waste your money or time with this company.

kelindac
12/8/15

My order arrived right away which was great! I even had a pleasant experience with online live chat with customer service. That sad, I was very disappointed with the quality of the clothes! The faux leather buckle on the flimsy cheap sweater will for sure only last one day! And the $80.00 coat I ordered was so thin!! Word to the wise.. When ordering bras.. Order bigger than you are.. They are NOT true to size! I opened the box yesterday and am shipping it all back today! Hoping I will get a full refund after reading some of the other reviews. Disappointed.

jr156
12/6/15

Don't bother paying for 2 day shipping as I wait for my 500 dollars worth of clothes and its day 4! You think customer service would try and pay me back for the shipping charges since my clothes are scheduled to arrive within a day or two so I could have saved my money and waited for regular shopping.

anal43
12/4/15

I buy this dress "open back" http://image.venusswimwear.com/is/image/Venus/Y58575-WHMU_Y42572-NU.28?$ProductPage527x738$ and I receive a dress with 3 inches open back ,not what the model show in the website.I call them and send me another one,the same thing ,when I call they just say sorry for the incovinience.

cindyd32
12/2/15

Would love to have a review of this top please.

laurab129
11/23/15

I order frequently online, so I am far from naive. I ordered in what I assumed was Canadian funds, the site gave no indication that I would be charged in USD, even the receipt emailed to me didn't indicate the currency. I only found out the real charge AFTER calling my visa. I then received an email less than 24 hr later asking me to pay a third party company for duty charges, which again were not mentioned during checkout on their website. I called the company less than 24 hrs after placing my order to try to cancel my order, they were completely rude and claimed they were unable to cancel. Lesson learned, I will NEVER order from here again and I will be warning everyone on social media as to what a hassle this company is to deal with. It's obvious after my experience, that they care nothing for their customers.

lindal145
11/21/15

I have spent hundreds of dollars on clothes Venus.. The one time I returned something and my return which should have been 58 dollars ended up to be 28!!!!!!! This has to be illegal!! They charged me the original shipping for each item because I got the shipping free..holy $#*! no other site does that..what a rip off

km101
11/19/15

I am 5'2 and weight fluctuates from 125-135. Would a M in a fitted dress be too big or should I stay with a S? In tights, should I get an XS or just a S?

lyndseyp2
11/15/15

I have ordered a few things from Venus over the last two years. Mostly cheap vacation/cruise wear. I've been happy with what I got. I knew it wouldn't be 100% top of the line quality and as such didn't have my expectations shattered. The clothing is aesthetically pleasing. Lol. I will say, the boots, well, they look great but MY GOD, these boots were not meant for walking! Every boot I've ordered from them basically have a sole that turn most solid surfaces "icerink-slick" ! Be careful wearing these shoes. I ended up sanding the soles and spraying the soles down with a rubber paint to add grip (now I'm happy and safe... After elbow grease!)

dianeq1
11/12/15

I brought over $300 in merchandise and not satisfied with over half of my order. The faux leather comes off after one wear, sucks!! The asymmetric coat material is VERY cheaply made and ripped when i tried it on. Expensive clothes, trendy, but thats it!!! VERY UNSATIFIED customer. Dont buy if over a size 0 -4.

christinad18
11/11/15

I've ordered from venus several times and never had an issue until it came to making a return. The issues with getting the money you paid out back makes this site not worth it.

lisar107
11/10/15

I ordered a few items from this website, I made an error in my order and didn't realize it until after I paid the duty/taxes. Contacted Venus and asked if there would be issues with an order made in mistake. I was told not a problem, any items can be returned for refund or exchange with pre-paid return label. WOW, great. So I received my items and went to return the item that I made the error with - but no return label. They do not provide return labels to Canadians. It doesn't specify that on their website. It indicates that return labels are provide. It doesn't say to US only and doesn't include Canada. It clearly states "Each order also includes an easy to use return label for your convenience. There is a charge of $6.95 for the use of this label, which will be deducted from any credit due on your return or, in the event of an exchange, we will charge your credit card $6.95 for the label. The instructions for the use of this label are found on the back of the label. You may return the package via UPS or USPS; there is no need to go to the post office or UPS store. You may give the package to your postman or UPS driver or you may drop it in a UPS drop box or USPS mailbox. Peel off and place the pre-paid return label on the package. If you are using the original shipping bag or box, be sure to place the return label over your name and address on the package and to obliterate any other addresses and barcodes on the outside of the package"

brandieb1
11/8/15

I've ordered from Venus.com several times and never had a problem. I have not like certain items due to the fabric or the way it fits but simply returned it with their shipping label. They take shipping charges from the amount returned but I already know that by shopping online. Great site, easy to return if there are issues with the clothing.

mattm88
11/6/15

Are the hockey jerseys real?

susanac2
11/3/15

Ok people that are writing negative reviews ,, please look you don't pay much for the nice clothes you get a good quality ., if your lazy and put them on the washer then put them on the dryer they well shink,, I did these ones bout now I wash them in gentle wash then let them air dry to take care of my items ,,, is just like anything ,, so far I love every single piece of clothing I have bough ,,, I'm not rich so the prices are with in my spence range and budget ,,, love Venus ,!!!,, we'll keep buying my items here ,,,,

joanneg22
11/2/15

I order about $250.00 worth of clothes every winter to make a wardrobe that I know is new, ready to wear, new style, always a jumpsuit (because I get many compliments when I wear them so Thank you Venus!) sweaters to wear with jeans 2 cute winter sweaters, 2 sexy sweaters, long sweater/cardigan.
Last year it was H&M. I am a VENUS girl as their clothes fit MY body type which is normal.

I have bought swim suits, cover ups, shirts, from VENUS and I have loved every single item. I started looking for a replacement for VS (Victoria Secret) as their message isn't what I want. I want clothes that compliment my body....which remember is normal.

VENUS is half the cost of VS. VENUS clothes are made better than VS. The only reason why VS is bigger and "known" is because they have a huge marketing budget. VS is all about THEM. Venus with their customer care service, they care and it shows.

So yes shop at VENUS!!!!

barbarat36
11/2/15

I am a Canadian Customer ordering from Vancouver, British Columbia.

I made an order to Venus for my entire wardrobe in my upcoming vacation to the south, selecting the delivery option of 3 to 5 business days. The only potential delay is that the order will be subject to credit card authorization - completely normal and expected. My credit card was charged successfully, and I had pre-paid for the customs and duties on October 26th. Per Venus's site, my order should then be on its way and arrive in 3 to 5 business days.

It is now 6 business days later and I reached out to Venus's support. I am only now told the order will not be arriving until well after I have left to go on the vacation. The items will be arriving 10 business days later to be precise. Apparently, the business days only start counting after the items get into Canada. Where does it say that? Nowhere. Not even in the fine-print.

Another thing to note - there is no currency listed anywhere on the site. All amounts are in USD.

I'm asking for a full refund, but they will not be doing that until the items are returned after I receive the package and mark it as "return to sender". I will not be in the country to receive the package. How am I going to get my refund?

Canadian customers be warned - the shipping is much longer than you are expecting, and the amounts are in USD.

nancyc58
10/29/15

Love to dress in Venus summerwear! A little disappointed in the fall- winter line.Purchased two sweaters that are very itchy and one that is a bit loosely goosey.Please think about your textures and fabrics when designing your future sweater line.Thank you.

jadam
10/27/15

I buy a ton of my clothes from this site. Almost everything that you see on line is what they sends you. I would recommend them in a heart beat. The are fashionable current, sexy and very stylish.

carolynw23
10/19/15

I have ordered from Venus a few times & I am completely satisfied with their article of clothing (jacket, coat, cardigan sweater, shirts, pants & sleep wear) everything fits me quite well & I have gotten plenty of compliments wearing them!

40 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Venus staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

12 Photos for Venus