US Government's NSF

Categories: Bikinis, Shopping, Swimwear
11711 Marco Beach Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Tel: 1-888-782-2224

People interested in Venus are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jacquelynnec

I am shocked at reading the negative reviews about customer service. (in 42 reviews)

tracyk14

I felt the need to write this review to say give them a chance, if you see something you like order it. (in 133 reviews)

cathyd15

But recently it seems that the items I select for purchase have been unavailable. (in 50 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

anar40
8/24/15

I've been buying their clothes for years and LOVE them! Everything I wear if basically from Venus, from their sexy bathing suits, the professional attire, and the VERY flattering outfits. I am obsessed with all their new clothes. I even have purchased two of some of my favorite outfits/bathing suits. I get so many compliments. Everyone wants to know where I shop. The clothes just fit me perfectly and accentuate my figure. I will continue buying all my clothes from them and am always extremely happy. I have had returns due to ordering the wrong size and they are so fast with handling exchanges. :)

debbier30
8/22/15

I've been very happy with orders I have made with Venus. I use their sizing charts and have never had problems with my clothes. I am returning a pair of shoes for a half size larger but I should have read The information on the shoes because it clearly states they run a half size small. We shall see how customer service handles it and I will write new review.

debbieh39
8/21/15

I looked at this site for a very long time before I ordered. Was not sure about the sizing. When I got the items they were too big. I sent it back. Called customer service and told them that I needed the items as soon as possible. They reshipped with the correct size overnight and waved the shipping fee. So happy with the customer service that I'm buying again in less than a month.

nancyb91
8/12/15

i love Venus clothing and style. However do not purchase clothing that has beadwork on it. After a washing or two even on handwash the threading comes loose. On two of my shirts it was impossible to get to the thread and the beads became loose and began to fall off. I wrote to Venus and all I got was an "I'm sorry but it has washed, there is nothing we can do."

annf20
8/12/15

I was panicking. My vacation date was approaching (2 days) and the exchange of a bathing suit top was accidently processed regular delivery instead of overnight. Emily and her supervisor Sandra came to my rescue and re-shipped the order overnight. Got the item the very next morning in New York. They went beyond and over to make sure I got my suit by making sure it was on their truck. They also enclosed a return bag & postage (free of charge) to return to first order when it arrives. As far as I'm concerned if you get a great representative, she will fix a situation like a professional. Very Happy. Thank you Emily and Sandra!

jonadar
8/10/15

i could leave no stars i would!!! this place falsely advertises clothing sizes!! clothing is way too pricey for the quality of the clothes!!!

beccaw2
8/9/15

i called the customer service line tonight and spoke to Steve.. the person was the worst customer service rep i have encountered in years. Steve was RUDE, argumentative, he interrupted me several times. i really am in complete shock...so much that im up at 1:20am writing this.. i find it interesting venus.com has no where you can post your review... i will not be back solely on this experience. and i will be sharing this on FB.. they send coupons and make you think you are getting a discount that you dont..they say up to 75% off but i didnt find one thing that was 75% off or anywhere near... the only items i saw that were 50% off were items where they only had 1 or 2 sizes left.. which were marked down anyway... their coupons they send in emails are a huge scam and misleading.. pathetic.. truly disappointed. smh

calandrab1
8/8/15

They charge for exchanging an outfit for a different size. Three times I received items with spots.

gracielab1
8/7/15

I juts wanted to send a quick note to express how unpleased I am with Venus. I ordered a few items totaling over $100 so I received "free" shipping. A couple of the items were defective so I had to return them and decided to get a refund. I was charge $10 for the shipping of the items!!! Yes, the same items that were subpar in quality, that I had to go through the trouble of packing and returning, now I was being charge $10 shipping for them , when it was supposed to be FREE shipping....

teresat15
8/6/15

Finding the time or desire to shop for swimsuit is really hard for me. The Venus site is very convenient, plus they have a huge variety of swimsuits to choose from, which is why I have been shopping through them since my early 20s. I have noticed some of their sizes have gotten bigger through the years, I guess it's to keep up with the "contemporary sizing" that other companies are doing (in other words, what used to be a size Zero is a size 4 today). I suggest when ordering, you order in 2 sizes. That way you can return the ones that don't fit. Also, like most companies, their clothes are shown on tall models, which means if you're 5'4" or shorter, the hems will look longer on you. I also recommend that you be very meticulous about your returns. In other words, know exactly how much you're supposed to get refunded, & check your order history online to make sure it's correct. I did notice on my last return they charged me $69.00 for the shipping label fee, when it should've been $6.95. When I called customer service, they gave me no problems and immediately refunded the full $69.00. The overall quality of their clothes have greatly improved through the years too. I have been their customer for years and I think I finally figured out how to order from them. If it weren't for the refund issue, I'd have given them Five Stars.

lazelleb
8/5/15

Venus, I have been scouting around this site for many months now, and decided to check out the clearance items as I received an email for additional percentage off. I have a very hard time narrowing down my choices to fit my budget. And then I got wise to go ahead and look for reviews and came across this website. When I read that somebody got charged by Customs, I did the search and realized at least one person was in Canada the other wasn't sure where the shipment was going to.

I just wanna say to everyone that is/has purchase here I'm very confused. The clothes look great, the company appears to be in Florida offers a telephone number, so, I am looking for real reason not to place an order. I hate writing review like this when I have not even made a purchase but basically I'm writing a review on your reviews and honestly confused.. Not my habit of throwing away money and receiving garbage or wrong shaing, colors or other "flawed or misrepresented advertisement, mistakes ..review site survey real images of clothing that actually for the price, took my breath away.. Which is it? Good or bad, or scam?? (in and of itself So what to do? I believe in checking reviews before purchases even on the major shopping network channels because something that looks good even on the TV , may get 500 + reviews only to learn that item showed 3* out of 5* then I guarantee you I take no further action toward purchasing that item when I see reviews not topping 4 +. with Venus, now I'm really confused with what I'm reading...is there anyone out there that on the fence like me, read s this merchandise from China? And why so many many many reviews that are Unsatisfactory

tracyk19
8/2/15

I wanted the red skirt that was shown in the photo. They only had black and hot pink available. I tried one of each. The pink is ok but really wanted the red skirt. Arrived totally wrinkly; took 40 minutes to iron them both. They are ok, but the material is cheap, which is probably why only $14 per skirt. Not worth returning due to shipping cost. Won't buy here again.

karenm121
7/31/15

I received my order today. Great clothes, for perfect! Buttttt.....I had to pay $80 to customs for my $170 order. I would not have ordered had I known I would be dinged at customs. So sad:(

cathys28
7/30/15

I was a 1st time customer placing an order with Venus and was so excited. I at this point will never order from there online site again due to the fact my credit card was hacked within 24 hours of my order being placed. Thank god for a great card company I am not responsible for the fraudulent activity but I also have to get a new card and had to close my old account and it also requires me to make several phone calls to change auto bill sites that I have. This sucks. So sorry Venus but because of your lack of customer security I will never order from you again.

jasminec11
7/23/15

I ordered 2 dresses and initially there was a problem with my order being shipped. When I called costumer service they were cordial and agreed to ship it immediately and expedite my order. I received it in 2 business days and the quality of clothing was nice.

amandad34
7/23/15

I have ordered from Venus several times over several years. I have never had an issue with their service or most of their products. The reason I did not rate them at 5 stars is because a few things appear cheap in person. I ordered a wedge that the "man made materials" looked really cheap. I would avoid their shoes altogether. Their clothes and swimsuits are very good.

ginap7
7/19/15

I came to your website to place an order after receiving your catalogue....give me a reason to oder when your customers have given you some of the worst reviews I have ever read.... can all of these customers be wrong?
Ladies thanks for taking the time to post your reiews.

josephined1
7/15/15

I wish I read the reviews about Venus and the awful way they conduct business. I will never again buy anything from them. I bought a 1 piece bathing suit from them. I checked the sizing chart, and checked reviews about that particular suit, and they all said it runs true to size. I am a true size 10. When I got the suit, I couldn't even get it past my knees. Was it a size 10 for a child??????? Awful! And now to send it back they're going to deduct $6.95?!?!?!? What if I just wanted to exchange it for a different size? Absolutely ludicrous, do NOT buy from them!!!!

pattib14
7/13/15

The dresses are cute. True to size, but if your are a less tall person, as I am, you better know how to hem or pay a seamstress for alterations. The smallest size in bottoms is a 2. Not a petite 2, but a regular 2 (which feels more like a 4). Also, free shipping, but you are charged for postage on returns AND a restocking fee before you get your refund. Could not find that information anywhere on the return label or website. So, make sure it will fit, so you don't pay to return it, like I did.

kathyg37
6/28/15

was about to place my first order...after ready all the negative reviews...no thanks...i don't need all this aggravation

janel102
6/25/15

I had a coupon/code offer for free shipping. I purchased 4 or 5 items including one item for $24.99. That item did not fit and I returned it. WHY BOTHER?!? My refund was $4.10!! UNREAL! I contacted customer service and they stuck by it. One would think they would 'refund' me back the shipping expenses since I kept 3 or 4 of the items I purchased. HOW INSULTING! $4.10 CREDIT ON A RETURNED ITEM THAT COST ME $24.99???

Their catalogue may look enticing but their BUSINESS PRACTICES STINK! I hope you won't have to return anything like I did!

Tip for consumers: If you can't help yourself from purchasing at Venus.com I hope your item(s) fit because THEY WILL SCREW YOU ON THE RETURN(S)!!!

I returned a $24.99 item and realized I had to pay for the return shipping label, but they gave me a $4.10 refund????
RIDICULOUS since I kept 3 or 4 of the items on the order! Their
customer service people did nothing for me. They really do not care.
BEWARE!

laurak60
6/24/15

If you are looking for great prices, constant sizing, high fashion, and fabulous colors order from this company! Good customer service too! It's not silk and cashmere obviously! But I look fantastic in everything I've bought here!!!!!

lanat4
6/23/15

I am very disappointed with the fact that I cannot claim my duty and taxes with Canadian Customs due to the fact that Venus processed my credits too late. I called Venus to explain and told me there is nothing they can do. Today, I called to check on 9 back order items ordered on May 8, 2015 and was told by the customer service agent that the order would only be shipped in August as they were told to hold the b/o items and ship all at once. Items that were supposed to have been shipped on June 1, 15, 18, 25 and the latest date was one item for July 15, 2015. The summer is almost over and will not even benefit from wearing the Gladiator wedges and cloths that I purchased. This may be the last time that I will be ordering as I am very disappointed with the service I have received and ordering from Canada is extremely expensive. Venus did not want to make any exceptions regardless of the amount I spent and orders placed within a months time. I placed a new order on June 12, 2015, received it on June 22, 2015. Venus could have shipped the back order items with this new order being such a good customer. I am very disappointed and not sure if I would recommend anyone ordering from Venus.

emilyr32
6/23/15

I bought a bikini that did not fit. When I returned it, I not only had to pay for shipping fees but a restocking fee as well. In this day, free returns are just a part of doing business online as a company. I will not be ordering from them again. $17 just to send something back that doesn't fit is too much. I'll be shopping elsewhere.

saharb1
6/16/15

Terrible customer service. Be careful when you return something. On top of their return label fee (which is understandable), they will also deduct many other amounts/fees out of your refund. They are very tricky and deceiving. Poor quality merchandise. I guess you get what you pay for. But generally I felt ripped off after returning what didn't work. And, their interest is Not good customer service. I came across some rude customer service reps via chat. I will never ever shop from this company again.

dianag6
6/7/15

I ordered from Venus many times in the last 5-6 years and I was always satisfied with the clothes and the delivery. My orders arrived in estimated time, looked exactly as pictured on the website and the size fit as expected.

Tip for consumers: I live in Canada, so I usually try to buy items that were made in US in order to avoid paying customs. Each item on the site is clearly marked as "Made in US" or "Imported"

katrinam9
6/4/15

I placed an order last summer, not only did the order arrive 6 days later than promised but 3 of the items were not even close to what I ordered. I do understand that people make mistakes but "three" mistakes in one order!!! I called customer service and got a very rude and unprofessional representative that told me that "I" must've ordered the wrong items! And said that she'd send out the other items and I can ship the unwanted items back. The next order I received had a big yellow stain on the white shirt, very noticeable , I couldn't even believe it. It almost seemed as though they were sabotaging my orders on purpose. I then called customer service again and asked for a manager, I explained my very dissatisfied experience with the customer service as well as the wrong and stained clothes. She then sent me a $25.00 gift card for my troubles. So I figured I'd give Venus one more try and use up the credit they gave me. The ( Z49317 ) Chiffon dress looks nothing like the picture in the catalog and had black glitter like stuff all over the white dress. I figured it may have been from shipping, tried the dress on to see what it looks like on and there's black stuff all over like it just rained black glitter all over me, in my eyes, all over!!! I really don't understand how they could send something like that out. It was like a kindergarten art project. Now I have to send it back and pay $6.95 to return the garbage.... Never again!

nl16
5/25/15

I didn't not receive my order. Customer service refused to help. Right after purchase, fradulent purchases began showing up on my card.

vm23
5/11/15

This is to follow my previous CANADIAN review regarding the $1000 in "shipping" fees which a rude Venus employee explained I was charged because my orders were mistakenly shipped express instead of standard. I was directed to Can. Post, Customs & back to Venus. No luck until 1 pleasant Venus employee gave me # of shipping co. who emailed 2 itemized bills which were significantly higher than what I charged @ post office. (This is not due to customs, taxes or exchange rate. I AM NOW WAITING FOR SHIPPING CO. TO LOOK INTO THESE HIGHER CHARGES.) Based upon this new info, I feel it only fair to update my review. Venus did NOT charge me express shipping as they previously told me. I have added 2 stars due to this. I am also adding 1 star because I LIKE THE CLOTHING. (Yes, their sizing runs big.) I am holding 1 star because of how I was initially treated by Venus (rudely) and for the high "mystery shipping-related fees" I am still trying to recover.

vm22
5/7/15

I live in Canada. I placed 2 large orders 5 days apart. I chose STANDARD shipping (21 days +) & I also used their offer of a promo for FREE shipping.
But 3 days after my 2nd order, BOTH ORDERS ARRIVED AT POST OFFICE marked COD...WITH A TOTAL DUE OF $1000. What happened to my free shipping? Insult to injury: Venus employee insisted the $1000 fee was "duties & taxes" (NOT) & rudely told me, "I have nothing to do with your country."

nataliew15
4/30/15

I placed a very large order my first time ordering with Venus, over $300. Got free shipping, but paid $5.95 for the two day shipping. I kept only a few of the items, everything else was junk. Some items the material is okay, but most is very cheap, see through, or horribly shaped, especially for the price. I returned approximately $225 of my $300 order, that's how terrible the quality and look was. I read all the bad reviews on using their shipping label, so I paid for my own shipping, which ended up being $17 because of the weight of the box. But anyways, they still charged me for the "use of their shipping label" when I didn't even use it! So basically between shipping that junk back, and then readjusting my return amount through "using their label" and promo code on my order, it cost me roughly $50. That's a lot of money that was wasted just to send back some cheap clothes. I think I'm done shopping with Venus.

terid
4/24/15

Shipping fees both ways and restocking fee, no thank u!

angiek5
4/23/15

I ordered a dress. It came and the quality was sub-standard. Not at all what I expected. I also had to pay for shipping EACH way. I will never use them again!

rachealg1
4/22/15

I just dont get it. I love this site. I love the maxi dresses. Im tall and a size 9..sometimes anyway idk it changes lol..but a medium fits perfectly all the time. The clothing actually is made really good idk what the other girl is talking about below me. Every order comes within the time frame given. I have ordered from them id say going on 4 years and NEVER had a issue..well actually one dress fit me weirdly I sent it back and the exchange item was at my mailbox in no time..idk..I say you can trust this site..I live in ny..so idk if that makes any difference

sheilai
4/18/15

I ordered the Striped Maxi Dress #Z48067 and it was exactly the way it is presented in the magazine and online! I am totally SATISFIED and Over Joyed! I will be ordering from VENUS again in the near future for sure!

tamib4
4/17/15

Ordered another dress still like the style and quality, this time dress is what I'm used to.....Too tight. Not sure how to order sizes

jessicam99
4/17/15

I bought 3 dresses and a top. One of the maxi dresses I ordered didn't even come in, they decided on they're own to replace it with some hideous skirt that I didn't even order. Needless to say all of what I ordered I was very disappointed. I normally never write negative reviews or send anything back. This was obviously and exceptionally bad situation!

gracieg1
4/15/15

If I could give Venus 0 Stars I would! The clothes are just cheaply made, the material is very thin and the colors are definitely not the same as the pictures. Save your money and please buy somewhere else. I usually get all of my clothes from NY&C and Express but I wanted to give these people a try because the clothes looked so pretty and they kept sending me catalogues in the mail therefore I was like ok let me give them a try. NEVER AGAIN! I just returned my entire order and waiting for a refund.

deniseg24
4/8/15

I placed an order from Canada with the free shipping promo on February 15, 2015. On February 16th, 2015 I received an email that my order has been shipped. I emailed for an update on the status of my order the week of March 2nd. The shipping policy states your order will be received within 20 business days. I emailed again on March 25th and did not receive a response until one week later.... so I called on March 30th and was told they are unable to track the package and the tracing dept would call me. It is now April 8th and I have not received my order (and I have been charged for it) and I have not received a call from the Tracing Dept of Venus. Email responses are supposed to be within 24 hours but they have taken up to a week to respond....what a joke........wish I had read these reviews before I placed my order......

cathyd15
4/7/15

Let me start by saying that I love the clothes. The tops I have ordered have been super cute and I have been pleased with my purchases. But recently it seems that the items I select for purchase have been unavailable. A month or so ago the online catalog featured a bunch of new styles and I placed 5 tops in my shopping cart. Yet, when I went to check out, not one of them was available. The note next to each item would say something like available 10-21-15. That's a long time to wait when you order in May! Also, the next time I viewed the catalog, those items were no longer featured. I don't know what to make of it. It's frustrating.

stacip
4/6/15

I can't believe all the negative reviews. I have been ordering from this company for years. Clothing is made very well n love the bathing suits. I recommend this strongl. I only returned one thing because it wasn't what I ordered they sent me a prepaid return package n I returned it with no problem. I am about ready to order a very cute sundress. Never ever had one issue with them

lisam158
4/6/15

Bought a dress a year ago made payments from same acct for a year. All of a sudden 4 months ago they are claiming there was insufficient funds in my acct. when I contacted my bank chase is saying they never tried to withdraw any $ in the last 4 months. Appealed with Venus Just got letter saying it was denied and Venus is right They ruined my credit and refuse to fix it. I will never use them again and will be reporting them to the better business bureau.

christinad9
4/6/15

I ordered 2 dresses, a romper and a pair of sandals. All of the clothing was made of a very thin material and everything is see through! The clothing I ordered was damaged (the seams were coming undone and the clothing was not wearable) so I contacted Venus through their chat and was promised an exchange or refund at no cost to me. I received no follow up, no email, no snail mail letter let alone new garment or a refund! I contacted the company through their chat again and was promised at least an email by the next day. 3 days later, nothing! Sent an email ( i wanted my correspondence documented) and only received the automated email saying I'd get a response in 24 hours. NOPE! Nothing.

Finally called customer service and was told that I had to ship all the damaged garments back, at my own expense, where they would review the garments and if they felt the garments were damaged, they would issue a refund. The woman on the phone was rude and couldn't keep her story straight. Why do I have to pay for additional shipping when they sent damaged garments?? I read other reviews that said people had all kinds of things deducted from their returns to the point where a $30 credit ended up actually being $2. I opted to fix the items myself instead of wasting any more of my life with such terrible customer service! Beware!

Tip for consumers: don't do it!

melissab59
4/2/15

I can't believe all the negative comments... I love this site and have never been disappointed!
I'm kind of in shock right now... I've had nothing but a good experience shopping online with Venus.

annam96
3/31/15

The quality is extremely low. Walmart has better quality. The 'shipping fees and returns' are a huge headache. They add a '$6.95 shipping label', but you end up being charges way more.... The return system is tricky in order to milk more money out of you. Do not use that label, ship via USPS on your own---will be cheaper.

Tip for consumers: Under any circumstance do NOT use the so-called 'prepaid shipping label for $6.95' !

gracek13
3/23/15

I ordered a dress from like 2 weeks and I disn't receive it till now I have a party I mailed Venus to asking about my order but they didn't answer for 5 times then I called the costumer service and the employee told me that they don't have that kind of dresses.so I loose my time waiting the order and they dont helps me either they don't give me an excuse. So guys it's not a honest site don't order from it.thank u

maryz9
3/19/15

Needed one size larger on the tankini I ordered. Bottom was perfect. Love it. Asked if the rep could review with me the best way to get a larger size top. She seemed aggravated with my question. I told her I just wanted to understand the company policy and easiest way to exchange sizes, since this was my first shopping experience with Venus. She sighed, told me either way I was going to be paying to send it back, and that there was no way to get around the shipping charges that I would have to pay. No, I did not feel like a valued customer. No, I will not be ordering with Venus ever again. There are plenty of companies out there that get online buying, and are happy to accommodate questions on size exchanges. Very disappointed.

Tip for consumers: Order the right size to begin with, or you're in big trouble. They act like they're doing you a favor by talking with you about an exchange. Save your time. Go to a company who values their customers.

pamelar16
3/16/15

I am shocked to see any negative reviews for this company I have been ordering from them over 5 years and have spent thousands. I love the clothing, I love the swimsuits and I couldn't be happier with the construction or materials. I will always buy from them! As for the customer service I have only gotten the wrong size once. I sent it back with the return label they send with every order ( didn't cost a dime) and they immediately sent my proper size! Love this company and I get compliments wherever I go on my clothing!

rosiel4
3/12/15

This merchandise is cheap and looks nothing like the catalog. I sent back every item purchased from this site. I did an exchange and that item garbage. The wrap dress turned out to be see thru flimsy material that did not wrap properly. I will NEVER purchase from site again!

hollyn1
3/11/15

I placed an order online from Venus. I ended up returning all items but the one top I kept which was $39. I now owe more than $50 for this one top!!! They claim I used their $10 shipping label to return a $19 top and I used my own postage. Their customer service is horrible and they refuse to acknowledge their mistake. There are too many other mail order clothing vendors to be taken advantage by Venus.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Be especially careful if you need to return anything! They are very unprofessional.

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I like the styles of venus but afraid to buy because of the bad comments. I wanted to know if the materials are good???
2/20/13
Answer
carmenv10
A: look at the size chart, it tells exactly. measure yourself. i have a size 8 hips and size 14 waist...aaaagh, but a size 12 fit tight. the materials are nice and the stuff is good quality, 95% of the time. sometimes photos lie, but usually not.
4/15/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I love the clothes..my question is..why don't you have plus sizes..i am a 2x and I am so tired of having to wear old womens clothes..i want to be able to BUY!! yes I yelled..buy as in spend my money on clothes like yours!!!
Answer
robinh32
A: I am right on the border of an XL and a 1X in plus sizes. I can wear many of their XL tops and all of their pull on maxi skirts in L or XL. I wouldn't attempt anything that wasn't stretchy material or any of their slacks that zip/button. Their stuff runs a bit on the large side. I'm baffled at all the poor reviews. I've bought several things from Venus and everything has been fine. I have not has to return anything so I haven't had to deal with any of that...many of their bad reviews are aimed at the return process.
5/25/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Venus staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

9 Photos for Venus