US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jhh2

On the whole, great clothes, reasonable quality and price but the customer service and follow up really lets them down. (in 30 reviews)

nf29

I received free shipping/ standard for an order over $100. (in 107 reviews)

aval4

I like Venus.com and I was hesitant because of all the negative reviews even though the clothes were so cute. (in 42 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sheilai
4/18/15

I ordered the Striped Maxi Dress #Z48067 and it was exactly the way it is presented in the magazine and online! I am totally SATISFIED and Over Joyed! I will be ordering from VENUS again in the near future for sure!

tamib4
4/17/15

Ordered a dress, the dress came within 1 week. Decent quality clothes, I ordered 1 size larger because I'm used to the clothes being smaller than what it says. The sizes are normal. I ordered an xl which I should of ordered a large. I am very happy with the overall experience. Will order again

jessicam99
4/17/15

I bought 3 dresses and a top. One of the maxi dresses I ordered didn't even come in, they decided on they're own to replace it with some hideous skirt that I didn't even order. Needless to say all of what I ordered I was very disappointed. I normally never write negative reviews or send anything back. This was obviously and exceptionally bad situation!

gracieg1
4/15/15

If I could give Venus 0 Stars I would! The clothes are just cheaply made, the material is very thin and the colors are definitely not the same as the pictures. Save your money and please buy somewhere else. I usually get all of my clothes from NY&C and Express but I wanted to give these people a try because the clothes looked so pretty and they kept sending me catalogues in the mail therefore I was like ok let me give them a try. NEVER AGAIN! I just returned my entire order and waiting for a refund.

deniseg24
4/8/15

I placed an order from Canada with the free shipping promo on February 15, 2015. On February 16th, 2015 I received an email that my order has been shipped. I emailed for an update on the status of my order the week of March 2nd. The shipping policy states your order will be received within 20 business days. I emailed again on March 25th and did not receive a response until one week later.... so I called on March 30th and was told they are unable to track the package and the tracing dept would call me. It is now April 8th and I have not received my order (and I have been charged for it) and I have not received a call from the Tracing Dept of Venus. Email responses are supposed to be within 24 hours but they have taken up to a week to respond....what a joke........wish I had read these reviews before I placed my order......

cathyd15
4/7/15

I was hesitant to purchase from Venus because I had read so many negative reviews about the poor quality of the clothing. Given the price point (inexpensive, in my opinion) I thought it very likely that the clothes would be cheaply made. Nevertheless, I thought I'd take a gamble and order a couple of tops and judge for myself. I love them! They are super cute. I ordered size medium, and they might be a bit large for mediums, but otherwise I am very pleased with my purchase. I promptly placed a second order for 3 more tops and am anxious for their arrival. Thank you!

stacip
4/6/15

I can't believe all the negative reviews. I have been ordering from this company for years. Clothing is made very well n love the bathing suits. I recommend this strongl. I only returned one thing because it wasn't what I ordered they sent me a prepaid return package n I returned it with no problem. I am about ready to order a very cute sundress. Never ever had one issue with them

lisam158
4/6/15

Bought a dress a year ago made payments from same acct for a year. All of a sudden 4 months ago they are claiming there was insufficient funds in my acct. when I contacted my bank chase is saying they never tried to withdraw any $ in the last 4 months. Appealed with Venus Just got letter saying it was denied and Venus is right They ruined my credit and refuse to fix it. I will never use them again and will be reporting them to the better business bureau.

christinad9
4/6/15

I ordered 2 dresses, a romper and a pair of sandals. All of the clothing was made of a very thin material and everything is see through! The clothing I ordered was damaged (the seams were coming undone and the clothing was not wearable) so I contacted Venus through their chat and was promised an exchange or refund at no cost to me. I received no follow up, no email, no snail mail letter let alone new garment or a refund! I contacted the company through their chat again and was promised at least an email by the next day. 3 days later, nothing! Sent an email ( i wanted my correspondence documented) and only received the automated email saying I'd get a response in 24 hours. NOPE! Nothing.

Finally called customer service and was told that I had to ship all the damaged garments back, at my own expense, where they would review the garments and if they felt the garments were damaged, they would issue a refund. The woman on the phone was rude and couldn't keep her story straight. Why do I have to pay for additional shipping when they sent damaged garments?? I read other reviews that said people had all kinds of things deducted from their returns to the point where a $30 credit ended up actually being $2. I opted to fix the items myself instead of wasting any more of my life with such terrible customer service! Beware!

Tip for consumers: don't do it!

melissab59
4/2/15

I can't believe all the negative comments... I love this site and have never been disappointed!
I'm kind of in shock right now... I've had nothing but a good experience shopping online with Venus.

annam96
3/31/15

The quality is extremely low. Walmart has better quality. The 'shipping fees and returns' are a huge headache. They add a '$6.95 shipping label', but you end up being charges way more.... The return system is tricky in order to milk more money out of you. Do not use that label, ship via USPS on your own---will be cheaper.

Tip for consumers: Under any circumstance do NOT use the so-called 'prepaid shipping label for $6.95' !

gracek13
3/23/15

I ordered a dress from like 2 weeks and I disn't receive it till now I have a party I mailed Venus to asking about my order but they didn't answer for 5 times then I called the costumer service and the employee told me that they don't have that kind of dresses.so I loose my time waiting the order and they dont helps me either they don't give me an excuse. So guys it's not a honest site don't order from it.thank u

maryz9
3/19/15

Needed one size larger on the tankini I ordered. Bottom was perfect. Love it. Asked if the rep could review with me the best way to get a larger size top. She seemed aggravated with my question. I told her I just wanted to understand the company policy and easiest way to exchange sizes, since this was my first shopping experience with Venus. She sighed, told me either way I was going to be paying to send it back, and that there was no way to get around the shipping charges that I would have to pay. No, I did not feel like a valued customer. No, I will not be ordering with Venus ever again. There are plenty of companies out there that get online buying, and are happy to accommodate questions on size exchanges. Very disappointed.

Tip for consumers: Order the right size to begin with, or you're in big trouble. They act like they're doing you a favor by talking with you about an exchange. Save your time. Go to a company who values their customers.

pamelar16
3/16/15

I am shocked to see any negative reviews for this company I have been ordering from them over 5 years and have spent thousands. I love the clothing, I love the swimsuits and I couldn't be happier with the construction or materials. I will always buy from them! As for the customer service I have only gotten the wrong size once. I sent it back with the return label they send with every order ( didn't cost a dime) and they immediately sent my proper size! Love this company and I get compliments wherever I go on my clothing!

rosiel4
3/12/15

This merchandise is cheap and looks nothing like the catalog. I sent back every item purchased from this site. I did an exchange and that item garbage. The wrap dress turned out to be see thru flimsy material that did not wrap properly. I will NEVER purchase from site again!

hollyn1
3/11/15

I placed an order online from Venus. I ended up returning all items but the one top I kept which was $39. I now owe more than $50 for this one top!!! They claim I used their $10 shipping label to return a $19 top and I used my own postage. Their customer service is horrible and they refuse to acknowledge their mistake. There are too many other mail order clothing vendors to be taken advantage by Venus.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Be especially careful if you need to return anything! They are very unprofessional.

terenayb
3/9/15

The clothes on the sight are good quality. The sizes are very good, long arms and and leg for models and good for all sizes also.

tracyk14
3/8/15

I was shocked to see bad reviews form customers on Venus. I have bought from them for a couple of years now and have always been extremely happy with my purchases. I get tons on compliments on my Venus clothes.m and swimwear. I think the quality is excellent and the price is great. I have had to return items before for sizing and never had a problem with returns or exchanges. When I have called customer service I have always had a great expierence. I felt the need to write this review to say give them a chance, if you see something you like order it. You never know until you try it.I am not sure why there are negitave reviews, I have been a very happy customer and will continue to purchase from them.

carmenv10
3/6/15

i have ordered different stuff from venus and only had to send back a coat and a sweater. all other items over the years have been great, except i just ordered a skirt ( i wear a 8 in jeans) and had to exchange it for a 10 and its still to small....well, never had any problems with getting my money back or getting items on time, and i live in alaska. i am not sending back the skirt again, i guess i will just loose #5 as it is very nice and good quality, and i dont want to pay half of the shipping again. they pay one way, i pay the other way. just dont like that the size is that far off...well, ok i measured myself and had i done that before i ordered i would have gotten the right size, so my bad. so the size chart is correct, use it!!!

josephd46
3/6/15

I order 3 dress for my wife and over a two month ago. They can not find them I have not heard back from the company. I having trouble getting my money back on my credit card. Renee Barns is no help. They said there going to start a trace but when I called 4 days later it never happened.
I would strongly recommend never use this Venus, there are many other sites that are much more reliable. Stay away these guy are crooks

andreas211
3/5/15

I ordered $300.00 worth of their summer skirts only to find out I would not receive any of them. The Rep on the phone FAILED to tell me when she offered me their two day upgrade shipping special that it does not apply when using a PO Box. My order was shipped back to the company, no phone call or email asking if I wanted the items shipped to another address. Asked what happens to my order now, they told me the order would be sent back out but no guarantee I would get all my items for they would sell them to other customers, wrong answer. Customer Service Reps need to be re-trained for this was not my fault it was theirs.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you ask all the right questions such as what would prevent me from receiving my items.

authort3
3/4/15

I almost, ALMOST, did not purchase anything from Venus because of the negative reviews all over the place. But I had a cart full of beautiful, drool-worthy, and original clothing that I just couldn't find anything like it anywhere else. I mean, yeah, there are nice boutiques around, but the prices are 20-30% higher. So I figured, what the heck, I'll just get them and bite the bullet.

So I did. I spent $200 and held my breath the two weeks it took for them to get to me. First thing I did was try everything on. And I can happily say everything fit me wonderfully and was absolutely beautiful. I'm 5'2", so short, and yet no problems there. I'm 110 pounds size 3/4 and the extra small fits me nice and comfortably, not too baggy and not too tight. Everything is exactly what I had hoped for. Now I will shop confidently on Venus.com.

Oh, I understand things get a bit iffy if you have to return something. I'm keeping that in mind and just not planning on returning anything. I'll sell it on ebay or give it away.

wendys38
3/4/15

I read all the negative reviews, ignored them and went ahead and placed an almost $200 Venus clothing order. The clothing quality is horrendous. I had planned to wear these clothes on a cruise I was going on...now the clothes are for cleaning my house. Thin, cheap fabric that barely held together at the seams. Threads coming out after two wears. I have one out of three bathing suits purchased that have survived. The clothes look so beautiful in the catalog, but are nothing even similar in quality in person. I should have listened to the other reviews. Much better quality clothing to be found at Ross, TJ Maxx, VS, Target..even Wal-Mart. Don't waste your money, time or effort.

lailac1
3/4/15

The dress you buy or ANYTHING you buy from this website will look NOTHING like the picture. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. I am sending the dress back right away and receiving a refund ASAP. It is truly disgusting how scummy a clothing company could be. The dress looks nothing like the picture, total opposite.

ivyh23
3/4/15

This woman from live chat customer service has no idea about what is "SERVICE" means.
Mar4,2015 I have talked to another representative he promise will give me a refund as the package was too late.He told me to wait for the refund confirmation email. But I never receive the email. So I went to live chat again and want to confirm my refund.

This lady Lani Taylor, I gave her my refund order# , she said "i don't understand your question,you are making a statement not asking a question". OMGGGGGG

debbied22
2/21/15

These shoes are surprisingly comfortable. The all man-made uppers are soft and leather-like, but the heel screams cheap plastic.

Tip for consumers: The inexpensive clothing is great for casual, every day wear when you want to feel a little temptress.

tammym25
2/14/15

Horrible!!! Cheap cheap cheap quality! To make matters worse ,I onlLy received 14 dollars back on a 34 dollar return! Do not waste your money with this company!! You would do better shopping at Walmart. Much better!

laurae15
2/13/15

I'm kind of iffy on the site. I've ordered around 4 or 5 items and ended up returning all but 2 of them and I was still only partially pleased with the ones I chose to keep. I ordered what I thought was the correct size and everything was way too big and nothing looked like they did in the pictures. I know now that they just Taylor the clothes to the women in the photos just so they look decent. And as for the returns, they charged me double what they said return shipping costs. I'm contemplating repurchasing a dress in the correct size in hopes they look nice...

And just a thought, most clothing sites have reviews, and this one doesn't... There is a reason for this I'm sure. Too many displeased customers would give poor ratings and ruin their business.

ericam19
2/12/15

I wish there products were as great as they look. Horrible horrible horrible! Anytime I order anything it falls apart or material is straight up awful. It's so bad I had to tell them to stop sending me catalogs. And I think the only people that would give Venus 5 stars are people who get paid for it. I promise its Not worth your money! I will not be shopping here anymore!

lindag58
2/9/15

AWFUL JUNK !!!!!!! NOTHING YOU RECIEVE WILL LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE PHOTOS IN THEIR ADVERTISEMENTS. FROM THE MATERIAL THEY USE TO THEIR TAYLORING IS NOTHING SHORT OF "HORRIFIC" IN QUALITY.

THIS COMPANY IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE !!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: WE SHOULD ALL RALLY TOGETHER AND LET THEM KNOW WE ARE FURIOUS ABOUT THE MONEY THEY STOLE FROM US !!!!!!!!!!!

ashleyk22
2/9/15

I have ordered from Venus probably around 4 times. It's funny because if time I order a lot of things and out of let's say 10 items I have ordered maybe 2 will be nice, and look like what they looked like in catalog. The return policy is a joke with all the hidden fees, and duty because I am from Canada. To return items is just paying this company for absolutely NOTHING. I agree that they have very nice items in their catalog which is why I order from them again and again hoping that maybe this time it will be worth it, and sadly it never is I have wasted $1000's of dollars. Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!! The quality is GARBAGE!!!!!!!! Out of 50 items ordered I have 4 I can wear. It's NEVER what it looks like in the catalog. I WOULD NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!! THIS CLOTHING NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT AND TRIED ON BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, WHAT YOU SEE YOU NEVER GET! AND IF YOU TRY RETURNING AFTER ALL THE HIDDEN FEES YOU GET NEXT TO NO MONEY BACK AND NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS COMPANY IS A SSSSSCCCCCCAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeannieg
2/9/15

I wont purchase anything from them again. I bought a top for 60 dollars for a Holiday occasion. The straps were beaded. Right in the middle of dinner the bead strap broke. It was embarrassing as the waiter had to clean up beads and I had to leave early because I couldnt hold my shirt up. I emailed and called and they would not help me because I didnt have the reciept or packaging.. Duh.. Dont you keep records..

margeg2
1/13/15

Everything that I have ordered has been hit or miss, either with poor quality or sizing and one item that is still avalible in the catalog doesn't even look like it,( lace tunic) had no issues ever with shipping I just wish they had a store where you could actually go to look and try things on as I probably would buy more

maxg10
1/11/15

Dresses indeed look nice in catalog, but the actual material and quality is rather poor. You can pretty much order from a random Chinese web-site, and it'd be cheaper and better quality. I live in Canada. It took Venus almost 40 days to ship, with no tracking info given whatsoever. Customer rep told me to wait for about a week while they were tracing my order. Don't get fooled by the nice-looking things in their catalog, the actual product quality is very poor. Sorry Venus, you let me down.

Tip for consumers: Poor product quality.

jacquelynnec
1/9/15

Wow...Ummm I can't believe all the negative reviews!!! (I have a hard time believing any of them are real) I have been a customer of Venus for more than 8 years and have never had a problem with any of their clothes or service. I have ordered clothes standard shipping and have had them delivered within 3-5 days. The clothes are of quality and hold up--for YEARS. I have had a few items backordered, but they tell u that when u checkout and u r given a date that it will ship--u always have the choice to remove the item if u do not want to wait--usually comes before the date given though--at least for me. As far as size---check the size chart and actually measure yourself--u won't go wrong then. I don't know who wrote all those negative reviews, but I have bought bathing suits, shoes, jeans, leggings, sweaters, and dresses and have not had a problem ever. :) PS, I have never had to return anything.

Tip for consumers: The clothes sometimes run large so just check the size chart out, grab a tape measure and measure yourself and you r good to go!! I've bought a few boots and they are true to size.

donah2
1/9/15

I highy recommend this company!! The clothes are made with great quality. The shipment/arrival date was very fast. Prices are very reasonable. Thank you!!

Tip for consumers: Great company! Great clothes! I Will buy again!!

reginas9
1/8/15

I purchased a tunic sweater from Venus on December 23, 2014 and only paid for standard shipping so I knew that I would not get my item until after the 1st of the year which was okay but their shipping is the only reason why they are not getting a 5 star from me. After placing my order, I started reading reviews on them and with all the negative reviews are started second guessing my order, however, once I got my sweater, I must say that I am very satisfied with the item. It is not of poor quality as other reviewers stated and the fit is very good, other reviewers said the sizes ran small or large. Again no complaints on the clothing just wish they had a faster shipping that was a little cheaper.

cindym42
12/14/14

1st and last purchase thru Venus! Bought 5 items online. The quality of the material and product is so poor! Looked so cute in the catalog but all 5 tops/sweaters I bought were so thin & cheap! Walmart sells a better product! Don't waste your money!

Tip for consumers: Catalog pictures are very misleading! Cheap, thin materials used. Poor quality!

springn1
12/9/14

ZERO STARS!!
Again another shipping issue!!! I ignored these warnings and it was a mistake!!
I had several items from 2 separate orders to return. I included them in ONE BAG-$6.95

Imagine my shock they dealt with each order separate.
Charged me $13 to return a $29 dress....so my refund was only $17

Second invoice showed another $11 deducted from what I was owed IN ADDITION to the $6.95 standard delivery.

Granted cute clothes but HIT OR MISS with the fabric, quality, proportions, and actual sewing.

Agree with the others Amazon, Macy, and Victoria's Secret are much more budget friendly when you factor in returns.

carolw32
11/22/14

I ordered five items after an icon kept popping up when I was on Facebook. Four arrived a couple weeks later, which is a while to wait but Venus at least is an American company. One item is still on back order and the most expensive item was not there. In it's place was a dress I didn't order. The material on the shirts is thin. Wearable quality but it doesn't "sizzle" like the picture. I called and the guy said he would send the correct item but I must return the item THEY sent by mistake. I hate post offices around Holidays. Wish I hadn't messed with this company!

Tip for consumers: If you have a special occasion to dress for, I would suggest driving to the Mall as opposed to depending on Venus. The sizes run large and the quality isn't fantastic. Plus [at least in my case] I didn't get my full order and it wasn't correct.

sulad
11/15/14

I am a serious online buyer, however if I am unfamiliar with a store or product, I will read the reviews.
I typically go with the majority of the reviews to make my decision as whether or not to buy. In this case the pendulum swung too far to the negative side, making me empty my $208 cart.
Not worth the risk.
FYI: If a sweatshirt is regularly priced at $79.00 I view that as excellent quality, so when I hear decent quality for the money, I'm a little thrown off. Just because it went on sale shouldn't change the quality. Just means I got a great deal!!
Please ignore the rating of 1 Star as I have no knowledge of any of the details to base a rating upon. I was forced to choose a rating in order to post this review. This review is intended more for management than for the consumer.
Thanks

memed
11/14/14

I have made several purchases over the last 6 months and the first order I had quite a few items that I really wasn't crazy about once I saw them in person. Like for an example the red off the shoulder dress. Cute design wrong material. To be honest it wasn't worth returning either. It will be donated. I made another attempt recently, place an order on a jumpsuit I have been eyeing. What a waste! I would agree with Sue. she hit it right on. The quality of the material is horrible. If your looking for a one time outfit and don't plan on wearing it again. Then by all means slurge. You get what you pay for. Word of advice make sure it's on sale that way you won't be too disappointed. To each is own......

brendar22
11/10/14

EXTREMELY poor customer service! I placed an order that had a different shipping address than billing address and received an email asking that I call them. The Customer Service rep said that they wouldn't ship to a different address than the billing address (then why offer this option?). I agreed to have it shipped to my billing address and was told someone would need to be there to sign for the package, which is why I was having it sent to the shipping address I originally entered!!!! I told them to CANCEL the entire order and after reading the poor reviews due to quality I am glad this happened.

kristianh3
11/6/14

I needed to let fellow online shoppers like me know how happy I am with venus. The quality is decent as is customer service. I have ordered clothes that have been too big/small or not what I expected and returning them for refund or exchange has never been a hassle. Depending where you are shipping can take awhile but definitely worth the wait. Best site I have ordered from so far

nicoleh21
10/31/14

Buyer beware! The first order I placed with no issues so I decided to place another order. The second order had several items that I needed to return because they were made of cheap fabric or the sleeves were too tight. Venus charged me the $6.95 to return the items plus an additional $12.95 in shipping because I received free shipping on my original order and returning the items meant that I would have paid for the shipping on the items I kept, according to the CSR I spoke with. I live in Jacksonville. It is ridiculous to charge$20 in shipping for 2 items. I will stick to Victoria's Secret where I can return to the store for free!!

donnap19
10/30/14

Very disappointed in using Venus and Never will again. By the time they charged me shipping and tax my order was $29 & it was too large so i returned the sweater. By the time I paid $1.50 for the envelope and shipping I only got back $15 so I will NEVER EVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN. I will stick to places like Amazon. Never have that problem. I mean really $5 to ship it here and $7 to ship it back and it weighed nothing. Disappointed customer! If u want to waste money them buy fRom them.

marilync13
10/26/14

I order two dresses for a ball on Oct.22.2014, wanted 2 days shipping with Venus, I did not receive it. They didn't call me. I wait all day and night ,they told me to call customer service, and UPS to see what happen to my order they said it will be their, it never came. Then I call both of them back, Ups was closed till Mon.Oct,27,2014 I was very disappointed in the service I received ,I wasn't able to go to my Ball, I spent a lot of time on the phone with customer care service. They shouldn't put 2 days shipping if its not going to be their or they should call with an explanation. UPS and one person at Venus acted like it was my fault, I was very dissatisfied with the service of them. :(

Tip for consumers: please never use the 2 days shipping.

np27
10/20/14

so here I am making an order my total turned out to be 260.00, but something told me to read the reviews about Venus, I shop on line all the time I love shopping with Victoria Secret love all their clothes and styles. never been disappointed with shopping at V.S., but I also shopped other places in the past online and was very disappointed all the negative and poor reviews about Venus remind me of my bad experiences in the past with shopping online so I will trust these unhappy customers because there is too many disappointments and not place the order, I will back out, Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

tatianar1
10/18/14

Clothing material is bad quality, after only one wash the cloth is ruined, and the prices aren't cheap either.

j-nn
10/17/14

Got my jacket in the mail. Didn't event look like the picture. The sleeves in the picture were black and they were brown when I got it. It was crappy material, and didn't fit right at all. Then when I returned it with the sticker they gave me they charged me so instead of getting almost $50 back on my credit card I got $35 back. I will never shop there again that is for sure!

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I like the styles of venus but afraid to buy because of the bad comments. I wanted to know if the materials are good???
2/20/13
carmenv10
A: look at the size chart, it tells exactly. measure yourself. i have a size 8 hips and size 14 waist...aaaagh, but a size 12 fit tight. the materials are nice and the stuff is good quality, 95% of the time. sometimes photos lie, but usually not.
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I love the clothes..my question is..why don't you have plus sizes..i am a 2x and I am so tired of having to wear old womens clothes..i want to be able to BUY!! yes I yelled..buy as in spend my money on clothes like yours!!!
2 weeks ago
pamelar16
A: I love their clothes too!
5 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Venus staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

9 Photos for Venus

Venus?
Click here to post a review