US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jacquelynnec

I am shocked at reading the negative reviews about customer service. (in 63 reviews)

michelled71

I just received my order today.The sizes are hit and miss. (in 208 reviews)

pattib14

Could not find that information anywhere on the return label or website. (in 13 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

brittanyh22
5/1/16

Ok I need to 1st say I NEVER write negative reviews even if I'm not happy with the product. BUT THIS SITUATION IS BEYOND TERRIBLE!!! This has been over a 3 week headache. I made an order 3 weeks ago. After 2 weeks I was wondering where my package was. I normally order from Venus and my clothes are here within 3-5 days so I was surprised. I called up they said without notifying me they CANCELED my order... No email or call to handle the situation before they completely canceled my order without my knowledge or permission. So that was headache 1! But me being a sweet person said ok I'm just gonna reorder it. I asked them why they canceled they said a billing issue and that was all. Said they would reorder it and sorry for the inconvenience. Said it would take about 2 days to get a confirmation # and tracking. 3 days go by... I called up again, lady said there is a billing issue but wouldn't tell me what, said billing department is looking over it, I said ok how long is this gonna take, I am moving in a few days... Lady said I don't know and hung up. Headache number 2!!!! So today day 5 I called again to check on the status since I am moving in 2 days and have yet to receive tracking or confirmation. The guy I spoke with said there was fraudulent activity on my debit card and they couldn't go through with the order. I said this is so ridiculous I need to speak to a manager. Headache #3!!! I spoke to the manager thinking she would give me more info and credit me some discount for how unprofessional this has been... Nope! Her response was I'm sorry all the trouble this has been. We can't go ahead with your order. I told her I already reorder my order 5 days ago. She said there was no order on hold and that I would have to wait to speak to the billing department tomrrow at 8am in order to do anything. I am moving in 2 days! They lied to me about reordered and it just seems like they can't give me any answers about why my debit card has fraud activity on it and why they canceled me order! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! This company needs to get shut down! They don't care about there customers and beat around the bush about an issue with a debit card. The same debit card I have used everytime I have ordered from Venus. Also if you are tiny like me the clothes WILL NOT fit you. I ordered an XS and it fits like a med. DONT ORDER! Save yourself! Again like I said in the beginning I never write negative reviews, so the fact I took the time to write this means this is REALLY BAD AND UNPROFESSIONAL! You lost a customer and I will be telling all my friends about my EXPERINCE.

tessies
4/30/16

So far I am really satisfied with all 3 purchase,,, will order again. Just pay attention to the size!!

debp17
4/29/16

I will never order from here again. I bought a beautiful Red dress for $54 and paid $9.95 for shipping for a cost of $63.95. The dress got here and it was awful! It was Orange! I sent it back with the label that was enclosed which they charge for you to use. Basically because the dress was orange instead of red like stated and shown, I am now out $16.90. I will stick to Old Navy...free shipping and much cheaper.

dianas76
4/27/16

I have been ordering venus clothing for over two years now. They shipping and customer service is really good. There clothes are fashionable, however I always seem a little disappointed in their clothes because they wrinkle really easily and are a bit see trough type material. Some of their clothes are amazing but Ive never been impressed with their tank tops or their dresses. It upsets me little because they aren't the cheapest but the dresses and tank tops , even some shirts are just cheaper material.

debbiem75
4/27/16

Spoke to supervisor, with complaint. She hung up on me. Name Lexi

maryame
4/26/16

I purchase clothing from venus.com over the years. Never had to return anything. I recently purchased some swim suite. I had to return 3 pcs back. I used 1 return label to return the 3 bottoms and they deducted 3 full shipping charges instead of 1. I send them a request to correct the refund, never heard back from them . its interesting how they treat the customer when it comes to return. They just lost a customer over $30.00.

lauraw93
4/23/16

I received a catalog in the mail one day and my husband saw a dress he really liked for me. I'm a researcher when it comes to ordering from new sites, so I went online to look up Venus.com. I was disconcerted when I saw all of the negative reviews online--so much so I went searching for a similar dress elsewhere. I couldn't find anything, though, so, despite my hesitation, I decided to give it a try. On a Friday night, I ordered three items so I could get the free shipping. Some of the reviews suggested the sizes were off and returns were difficult, so I made sure to look at the sizing chart before selecting my sizes. I was nervous upon hitting that submit button. Within the hour I received the confirmation email that they received my order. The next day, to my utter surprise and delight, I received an email saying my order was ready to ship and would be sent out Monday. Sure enough, Monday night when I checked the tracking link, the order had been picked up by UPS Surepost with a Friday delivery eta. On Friday, I checked my mailbox and there it was. I was excited and nervous at the same time, certain something wouldn't fit right. I tried on all three items and they all fit perfectly... Just as the sizing chart said they would. I couldn't be happier with my order. I will definitely be buying from them again. I don't expect every order to be perfect, but the first one was and now Venus has a new loyal customer. My advice to any skeptics: CHECK THE SIZING CHART, that's what they are there for. Don't assume you know your size. Every company's sizing is different.

kims156
4/22/16

I have not the words,to describe this company. Total scammers and rip off artists. They make up fees as they go. Don't do it. Disapointment awaits

jordant22
4/18/16

Got a dress, looked completely different than in the magazine. It looks horrible.

natalyas2
4/18/16

Stealing money from you with return! Shipping back is not 6,95!!! It's just a label!!! They charge you shipping cost they create their own prices for that. I return items from 4 different orders. Used one label and my own box. They charged me 6,95 for label, and each order had additional 9,95, 7,95, 5,95, 7,95. This is THEFT!
I will go to my bank tomorrow with printed everything. Also have their $6,95 instructions with no explanation about additional shipping charge. And their web site doesn't tell that. VENUS IS THIEFS!
Hope bank will solve this problem and they will return my money. I will never order Venus closes again. Quality is bad that's why I had to return. Worse seller on the planet

brandyg4
4/17/16

I agree with some reviewers that the clothes are not worth the cost...but its not that bad. I typically wait until things go on sale to buy now. I'm happy with a lot of the items that I have bought there. I have not tried to return anything and see that is where a lot of people are giving 1 star for the customer service. Its not like I will recommend this site but I will say a lot of people are more mad about the customer service than the clothes.

Tip for consumers: shop sale.

lornap3
4/17/16

Omg...yup i purchased a suit dress from this site it very nice on the picture but when it arrived it looks like totally different, and of course i returned it, costumer service was very rude, and till me that it takes a month to get my refund, and it takes 5 weeks before i got my refund and took $15 for the shipping, i think this clothing company is expensive for no reason!

laurettah
4/16/16

I ordered I received and I love it all! I am surprised at the negative reviews on the clothes - I bought 2 dresses, a skirt and a sweater and I think they r great quality for what I paid!! I will order again! Just make sure u check the charts as the sizes do seem to fit a little larger - which is a treat from the normal smaller :)

earleneo
4/15/16

THIS IS THE HONEST GOD TRUTH, THE MAGAZINE MAKES THE CLOTHES LOOK SO DIFFERENTLY THAN WHAT THEY REALLY ARE. THINK ABOUT GOING TO BUY CLOTHES AT FAMILY DOLLAR OR DOLLAR GENERAL THAT IS THE QUALITY OF WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU BUY VENUS CLOTHING ONLINE AND YOU WILL PAY 30 AND 40 DOLLARS FOR A SINGLE TOP ON LINE. RIDICULOUS, PLEASE BE ALERT

unhappys8
4/14/16

Awful experience. If you are ordering from Canada, do NOT order from Venus. I placed my order almost one monh ago and STILL have not received my shipment despite being charged for it already. I've ordered custom-made items of much better quality from other sites and have received the items within 8 days. With the exchange rate, duties & taxes, you will be much better ahead going to your local Winner's in Canada to get your vacation clothing.

lucyg17
4/12/16

I ordered 300.00 worth of clothing + a bathing suit through Venus. I am shocked to see all the negative reviews. Everything came in on time, was exactly what I ordered AND was high quality. I will order from Venus again and again. The clothes I got are PERFECT for my tropical get away coming up. Some of the dresses I got are a little long but that was to be expected as the website does tell you the length of each dress, and also I am barely five feet tall. I am normal a size four in dresses so that's what I ordered from Venus and they fit perfectly. Bathing suit was true to their size chart and also fit perfectly. I live in the U.S and will most definitely order from Venus again :)

lisar148
4/11/16

Cheap clothing magazine and websites makes the clothes look awesome and they are the cheapest clothing I have ever seen I will never wear anything I ordered. The prices are cheap because the clothes are all an embarrassment.

lillianm31
4/10/16

The problem is they offer free shipping over 100 dollars and if you need to return an item or the entire shipment if sizing is wrong or whatever they charge you for shipping so if you don't keep anything you still have to pay for shipping it back. which is around 15 to 20 dollars. Not good business sense. you guys need to fix this. I just cancelled my backorder because of this.

jenniferm202
4/6/16

I received my products yesterday and wanted to return them for a full refund. Of cause the terrible customer service wouldn't allow it. Not only do I have to pay shipping and handling but to use the return slip YES a piece of paper they will charge me for it. WTF seriously. Very last time I buy from them. Expensive cloths that are cheap and fall apart easy. Wish I could show you all a picture of what I got when I took it right out of the bag.

jong58
4/6/16

We have tried multiple orders from venus and evey time, the products are of very poor quality. When we return them, it costs $7 to return, and $7 to order the poor quality products. So, it cost $14 to find out their products are JUNK. We canceled the catalog. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE BUY FROM VE US.

dit29
4/6/16

I purchased over $212.00 worth of clothes from Venus. Some of the items were too see through and not as pictured so I decided to return. They gave me a discount of $50.00 since I purchased over $200.00. My total was roughly 162.00 with shipping and tax. Well when I returned my items they totaled up to $112. In my mind I was thinking they must divide the discount into each item of the return. It would be the most fair thing to do. I returned a dress, and two tops. So when I receive my return they completely deducted the whole discount to my return. Out of the $112 I am only receiving 50 dollars back! Complete rip off.Not only that but the clothes seem so cheap and see through nothing like it is pictured. I was sad when Victoria's secret stopped selling clothes and when I saw this company I thought they would provide just as great service but it is a joke.

Tip for consumers: These clothes are not worth the price.

jenw28
4/1/16

I ordered 3 separate orders as a new customer. The sizing was very inconsistent based on the item. I had returns on all 3 orders. I went to FedEx and personally paid to have the items shipped back so i didn't incur return shipping fees. When I received my return confirmations I was charged shipping on all 3 orders. I called customer service and was told that the offer code I used had a disclaimer that if you return anything you are charged shipping on the remainder of the order. I do a LOT of online shopping and never have i seen such a ridiculous thing. If you offer free shipping it's free shipping period not some retroactive crap that you put in limited places in the fine print. The rep offered no help and told me i should have read the disclaimer. What an awful customer experience. I had planned on ordering some additional items to try but based on this experience I can assure you that I will not order from them ever again. Apparently the $22.85 they charged me in shipping was not worth keeping a customer.

britneya1
3/30/16

I purchased 370.38 in clothing,the clothes not only ran large in sizes but some where unraveling already and the fabric looks really cheap,also when returning the clothes venus doesn't cover pick up from fed ex and also charges you 16.00 as a return fee,and then charges taxes. I asked to exchange to of the bathing suit tops and some how got charged extra and also charged taxes again and another shipping fee,and by the end of everything I literally had to call five times for the remainder of the refund,and I only got 153.00 back out of the entire 370.38! This company has been beyond horrible and will keep every cent that they possibly can.

heidiw13
3/29/16

I ordered three items so far from them. A sequin maxi skirt, a jersey maxi skirt, and a bikini. The sequin maxi skirt looked NOTHING like the model shot. It was terrible quality and I returned it right away. Paid quite a bit for shipping back. I remember feeling robbed after it was over. The bikini was very very thin. I guess they probably photoshopped the model in their website shot because her nipples were not visible. The description said it was padded. It wasn't. very thin. The jersey maxi skirt was only passable quality, nice thick fabric but didn't wash well. It developed piling after one wash. It was kind of cute but for $36, I'd like something a whole lot better that what I got. Save your money and buy beautiful clothing elsewhere.

judys20
3/26/16

my mother purchased a sweater from venus in late September 2015...she sent it back on march 12th..i told her that the online business seldom accepts return after 3 months..i called spoke to customer service and was assured that because the item was unworn...with the tag still on it, there would be no problem!!!! item was sent back to Jacksonville florida with insurance and tracking..2 weeks ago they are still giving me the run around!..we were assured my mother would either get a full credit back or a merchandise certificate...not good` spoke to customer rep today CEDERA/SEDERA was told it arrived and had still not been processed! MY MOM'S ITEM WAS SENT TO DISCOUNT RETAILER...instead of being sent back to her!! wth??

nancyv33
3/23/16

I called in to see why my offer code didn't show on my order, not only was the representative rude , but so was the manager, unbelievable, after I told the rep how rude she was, I wanted to speak to manager , manager didn't apologize for rep being rude , she spoke over me, and basically defended her employee, last time I shop there.

sarii
3/22/16

Summary:
The quality is similar to a department store while slightly cheaper. Clothing does look like the photographs, though of course they fit me slightly different than on the models. Sizing was good. I did not try to return anything. Overall: satisfied and will probably order again.

Details: After reading so many bad reviews I was kinda scared, but there were good reviews too so I decided to try it out. First of all, I don't usually order from catalogs (that's how I found out about Venus), and second I'm a hard person to size in general. Relevant info about myself: 5'4'', 105lbs, size somewhere between 0 and 2. I usually buy all my clothes from department stores and even with them, spending $50 - $80 per dress, it's hit and miss. I ordered two dresses from Venus and a pair of shoes. The dresses are great! Of course I can nitpick, but considering they were $30 and $40, they were about the same quality I'd get at the department store. My nitpicking: the coat dress I bought is too large in the chest area. It looks fine but I'd have to wear a cami or an undershirt if I don't want to show my bra off to everyone. The rest of the dress, however, is amazing. My figure looks great! The second dress - sparkle mini lace dress - I'd say it'd look more flattering if the skirt started lower (but if you're tummy isn't perfectly flat like mine the higher waist line is probably beneficial), and the dress just lacks an overall wow factor. That being said it does make my breasts look amazing! I'm not sure how it would look for those more endowed than I (I am a solid A cup), but for those like myself I would seriously recommend it. Finally, the shoes were fine. I did expect better on them and the ankle straps are way too big (I'll have to make my own hole to fasten the shoes safely), but I have no doubt that I'll be wearing them soon. As I've said, overall I'm satisfied.

suzanneb34
3/20/16

Of course , canadians pay alot in duty and taxes but ..... It worth it.
I ordered several time from them and i was not disapointed . Quality of material on there dresses are very good and its true to size .
I usually received my order inside 4 or 5 days once the duties are paid.
They are a big competition to VS , they have a very good choice in summer and beach dresses .
I am waiting for bathing suits at the moment .once receive i will review !

dissatisfiedc6
3/16/16

I returned a item almost 2 months ago. They shipped my exchange Feb 22 and I still have not received anything. I thought 2 months would be lots of time for shipping before my holiday. But apparently not. I've called several times as the email I was sent said 7-10 days. Customer service was no help at all. I asked if they would send me my bathing suit top express but they told me they wouldn't because it probably wouldn't get there on time. Very very dissatisfied with customer service!

lovelyl6
3/16/16

I ordered the zip blouse and faux leather pants. The blouse is a show stopper. Everyone wanted to know where I purchases it .When I reveal it's from Venus they are shocked because like me they read the reviews but decided not to order. I always have to see for myself and so glad I did. I will continue to order from them. I am 5'51/2 and I weigh 145. I purchased a med in the blouse and a med in the pant. I hope this helps someone! :)

anap13
3/14/16

Venus has great styles, quality, and best of all it fits perfect. I just bought few clothing from Venus.com and I really love the quality and how great it fits. Just my size. I love it.

janellea
3/9/16

Absolutely will never buy from them and will never reccomend them to anyone. I ordered $400.00 worth in clothing- they shipped the wrong item. They put boots in that I didn't order which cost me more in shipping and duty fees. So I returned everything and they supposedly refunded me. I had to call them 7 times to inquire why I hadn't received a refund but they insisted they refunded me. My bank said there was no transfer of refund, so I had to open a dispute. We won and now 6 months later they're charging me the money that they should have refunded me. They lied and now they're trying to steal from me! Absolutely furious. Worst experience I've ever had with a clothing company. If you don't want any issues don't buy from them!

karenw119
3/4/16

Very poor sizing on the website and customer service is bad as well. Overpriced for items that won't fit.

candicea4
3/4/16

I ordered some dresses and wedges for my vacation to Trinidad and Tobago. One of the dresses looked like a cheap fabric print. The dresses were very thin poor quality. The "wedges" I ordered were not wedges at all. Never buying from them again.

venusisaripoffv
3/1/16

So I placed a few purchases with Venus.com, was pleased with the items. However, I ordered a sweater and the neckline was so deep, my breast would have been hanging out, literally. I returned it with the label, that was supposed to be $6.95. Once the order was returned, I see that I have been credited $6.10. I have 1 person that tells me I can just add another item and I won't be charged. Another person telling me the label cost $6.95 and I am still billed for shipping. Another person who I have no idea what she was talking about and she didn't know either. Please save your self from this thieving company. I have asked them to remove all contact with me.

gingers8
2/29/16

I purchased a bathing suit January 22nd, it is now February 29th and I still have not received my bathing suit, they did not send me a email to pay my duties. They will not respond to your emails.

I called their customer service line on the 22nd of February since they didn't respond to my email and they said I will get it on the 26th. Still sitting here with nothing. If you're Canadian I suggest picking a different site

theresad26
2/27/16

This company's sizing is so mixed up. The quality is not the greatest and there is no return to the company if you live in Canada. I have to pay $25 to ship back 2 items. I sent them an email as they did not return my full amount.....I have sent 2 emails and no reply and it has been 2 months.

I would not recommend this company.

jocelynj5
2/26/16

I ordered a dress with confirmation from venus officials that I would receive within 7-10 days as I was in need of a dress for a friends wedding which was in 15 days after the day I ordered it. I began to get nervous as I did not receive any confirmation emails that my order was sent or even a way to track my order. I once again created a chat with a venus associate and was rudely notified that I didn't pay the taxes and duties which was sent in an "email" (which I never received/ unprofessional) and from this I will not be receiving my order for another 12 days... I have ordered from many sites that are based out of the U.S and never had to deal with this type of paying. Not at all happy and will be sending my order back once it is received as my order is not worth an extra 100 dollars in duty charges

Not impressed customer from Canada!

andreah64
2/25/16

I love Venus, and have ordered many great pieces from them. However, if you are a Canadian buyer be prepared to pay more - you will be charged a lot extra by Canadian customs. Usually if it says the item was made in the US you don't pay any duties, but even this has been inconsistent since I have been charged duties on US made clothing on occasion. ...I don't think it's Venus' fault though. With the bad exchange rate and duties on top of this I rarely order from them now:(

judes13
2/24/16

Quite reliable. Quality is hit and miss but I have been ordering from them for a while. Quick shipments. Really reliable. Great customer service. Not a scam at all.

melenat
2/23/16

The Venus clothing line has the poorest quality clothes out of any retailer I've ever purchased from. You could find better quality clothes at a dollar store...or a garage sale! Most dresses cost between $29 and $79, which is outrageous considering that the material is so thin and not at all true to the pictures they show in the catalogs. All the models are beanpoles with boob jobs and major photo shopping! I'd like to know what Venus clothes would look like on a REAL woman please.

Of the 10 or so dresses that I've bought from Venus, only two of them were acceptable to wear in public. The other dresses are so scandalously short and cleavage baring that I wouldn't dare step outside in them! But if you actually like a dress you ordered from Venus, you're still going to lose. The dresses do not last and do not wash well. Even dresses that say "machine wash cold" on the tags look like wrinkled, torn up rags after one wash!!

As other customers have stated, the return policy is appalling. Read it carefully before you purchase anything. The one thing I can say positive about Venus is that their swim wear is decent quality. But it's also very expensive. So it should be good quality! This company is a rip off.

tracem
2/19/16

So I ordered a whole bunch of stuff. About $250.00 worth. Then after I placed the order I read some of the reviews. I was so nervous after reading the negative reviews. I have to say- I returned a large portion of the clothing I ordered- I kept two shirts and the bathing suit I ordered. The dresses didn't fit and a few shirts were not what I expected- but I sent them back and received my refund immediately. I do think that what I was charged for shipping was ridiculous- I definitely agree with that. 6.95 to use their label plus 7.95 for shipping- I would have shipped it myself and spent less! But - the bathing suit- was amazing. I have a difficult time finding swim suits because I am a size 2 with a natural 34DDD top- So unfortunately it is very difficult for me to find swim wear and I have to pay an arm and a leg and the top is still usually not big enough. Can't even buy at Victoria's Secret! The suit I ordered from Venus fit better than any swim suit I have owned in 10 years. I couldn't be more thrilled with that! I did keep two shirts like I said- and I love them. So I guess it is hit or miss...Depends on what you order- and ship your returns yourself!

michelled71
2/16/16

I just received my order today.The sizes are hit and miss. I'm 5' 10" tall and weighs 150lbs. I wear a size Medium in blouses. Just to cover myself, I bought large. Some of the larger fit and some are to big. But I can take them in. Now my experience went decently because A) I ordered over the phone (their systems are more up to date than the internet with reference to availability) B) I bought my purchases with a Pre-paid gift card for security reasons. Regarding the quality of the merchandise - out of ten, ten being the highest, I give them a 7. I will buy from them again. If anyone has any questions regarding my experience please feel free to comment.

nabilae
2/16/16

Really bad customer service I had bad time with them

heidig8
2/16/16

I purchased several items and two of the shirts didn't fit. Venus provides a return label and they told me "yeah we make it easy just place the return label on the box and send it back to us. We will issue you a refund." Once I got a refund they charged me $6.95 for the shipping label which was included with the delivery. Plus 12.95 shipping cost to return the item. RIP OFF.... Never again will I shop with them.

sissyb
2/15/16

I'm not one for ordering clothes on-line, as I am a petite 57 year old (size XS to S), and find it hard to find clothes that fit. I ordered a swimsuit and a top and was pleasantly surprised that both items fit perfectly. You may pay a little extra, but in the end it is worth it. I am leaving for a cruise on Saturday 2/20 and the items are packed in my suitcase. I will definitely order from Venus again.

missm13
2/15/16

35 days ago I returned 3 purchases which still are not credited to my account, and it has been 35 days already. I received an email saying the return was approved and the credit would take 7 to 10 business days on top of the 35 days already passed to be available on my account. This is an absurd!!! Also the reason I returned was because the quality and overall fitting of the dresses were terrible. I'm very unhappy about this purchase and I think the women should be aware of this, in case they decide to purchase anything from VENUS. This is a sign of disrespect with the customer not to mention disorganization. Another thing worthy to mention is that the customer service has no answers for real, and legitimate questions about the return delays and processes. How come they take your money with hours after a purchase and take over 35 days to reimburse you for the return?? I think 7 to 10 business days is very reasonable, as other merchants manage to do returns, but 35 to acknowledge the return?? + 7-10 days to process it and get your money back is ridiculous and dishonest.

alicef25
2/15/16

First, even though their catalog has a Canadian address, they are US based and all their prices are in US dollars. This is not disclosed anywhere, so the prices are actually 40% higher than advertised. I only realized that after I received my credit card statement. Second, you have to pay customs duties, which is also left undisclosed. They only let you know that you have to pay more after the order is shipped. And last, it has been 34 days since I placed an order, but still no sign of it. Stay away from these scam artists.

keishab5
2/11/16

AFTER ORDERING FROM ROSEWE AND SAMMY DRESSES" I WAS VERY APPREHENSIVE TO ORDER FROM VENUS, BUT I CAN HONESTLY TELL YOU THAT VENUS IS THE BEST CAMPANY I HAVE EVER PURCHASE CLOTHING FROM. THERE CLOTHERS ARE QUALITY, GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND I WILL CONTINUE TO PURCHASE FROM THEM. PLEASE PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ROSEWE AND SAMMY DRESSES!!

Keisha B.

melodyr5
2/11/16

make sure you look at the size chart. I have several items and have ordered for years. They look good and are very comfortable. I would order from here

49 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Venus staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Venus staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Venus