US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

alisaa1

Unfortunately though, I recently had a bad experience with a driver and the customer service was worse. (in 39 reviews)

aminn1

But in many cases with a single complain or bad rating they will put the driver off the system. (in 208 reviews)

sulaymany

Trips to the airport are common this time of the morning. (in 142 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

greggl13
5/4/16

Uber can be hit or miss.
On my first Uber ride: Going out with friends from a hotel we were staying at in Savannah, Ga. They ordered a ride and it was a great experience, no problems and a courteous knowledgably driver.
On the second night out: After receiving a ride downtown on the hotel shuttle, we had dinner and went out exploring the nightlife. Then we order Uber and the app said they were 10 minutes away, no problem. As we followed the drivers progress at about 5 minute out, he called to confirm our location and said hed be there shortly. A few minutes later his location was off and we did not see him on the app. We called back his number and he said he is going to take another fare and we need to find a different ride. What an SOB you are Biell! By this time we were tired and frustrated. We saw a taxi and took that back to the hotel.
The moral of the story: you cant trust Uber and you need a backup plan.

janetw55
4/28/16

understand that theses people use there own cars and uber will deactivate them over any lie or lower than 4.5 star if we appreciate better service then show it by rating drivers well don't want it like the old days again wait 30 minutes or more for a taxi treat uber drivers right

priyankas13
4/28/16

I have a worst experience in UBER. Most Cheated company, worst drivers, rash driving. Never ever think to book this cab. I am not getting the option of negative rating.

ericb119
4/26/16

I was ripped off many times, overcharged by uber and when want to ask or complain, they of course have a bridge to nowhere type of system where it is impossible to actually state your complain, it is categorized where you can not find the right button. It also seems there is no real response

laurac156
4/26/16

Tried using Uber and my driver never left his seat to help with our suitcases. He also charged much more than the taxi drivers and insisted on $5 tip which he didn't deserve. Every taxi driver we used helped us with our suit cases and this man never lifted a finger!!! The taxi drivers were less expense and much more friendly. He did get us to our destination.

mikec218
4/26/16

It took 3 days in London & numerous tries to finally get a ride. The online demo looked so simple. Not so!

gregh56
4/25/16

Opened the app with my iphone and was told I needed to go to my email. That never happened before. I don't have access to my primary email with my cell because I DON'T NEED TO. they have everything they need from me already amex platinum/email/picture/ all that stupid $#*! ALREADY. I get home and contact them and they have no answer for anything. Told me I should go to the community and talk about it. I'm 56 years old/own my own business/made over $400K last year. I don't go to blogs to talk about $#*! get real lol.

esefo
4/24/16

UBER IS THEE MOST RAGGEDLY OPERATED COMPANY IN EXISTENCE. IT SHOULDNT EVEN BE IN ARIZONA IF THEYRE GOING TO RUN IT THE WAY THEY DO HERE IN PHX, THE ONLY FARES MY SO EVER, EVER GETS ARE JERKOFFS TRAVELING 2 FT DOWN THE STREET WHO BABBLE "O IM JUST GOING DOWN THE STREET FOR SMOKES", AS IF THEY DONT WANT TO BE AN INCONVENIENCE BY GOING FURTHER WHILE THE WHOLE TIME NOT TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THAT STUPID 2 FT TRIP IS ONLY COSTING $3-$4 OF WHICH BS UBER TAKES ALMOST MORE THAN HALF OF, LEAVING A STARVING DRIVER W/ A BS $1.50 FARE & A BS CUSTOMER TOO LAZY TO WALK THEIR ÀSSES UP THE BLOCK TO GET THEIR SMOKES. THIS BS CAN CARRY ON ALL DAY, W/ SOME FARES BEING 5-10 MILES AWAY GETTING PICKED BY A DRIVER WHO WASTED $5-$8 WORTH OF GAS, JUST TO GET CANCELED ON WHEN THEY GET THAT FAR? ALL BECAUSE OF ANOTHER UBER DRIVER WHO WAS CLOSER, DIDN'T WANT IT? THE FÛCK IS THIS BS UBER DOING TO PEOPLE? ITS DRIVERS? IMAGINE GOING OUT TO DRIVE, YOU'RE PROFESSIONAL, INTELLIGENT, EASY GOING, COURTEOUS, GETTING NOTHING BUT JERKOFFS GOING 2 FT DOWN THE STREET EVERY HLF HR OR SO, BEING CALLED BY SOME ÀSS CLOWN WHOS 2 CITIES AWAY JUST TO GET ATTITUDE OR WORSE CANCELED & YOU JUST WASTED $50-$60 IN GAS FOR A DAY, ONLY TO BE ABLE TO MAKE ENOUGH TO PUT GAS BACK IN TO PICK UP MORE JERKOFFS? WHO THREATEN YOU? WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS MONEY & TIME? UBER IS THE ULTIMATE LIBERAL, PÛSSY, HERES-OUR-$-DONT-HURT-US COMPANY RUN BY THEE MOST ASININE, WIMPY, EDUCATED-BY-COMMON-CORE-MATH ÀSSCLOWNS EVER TO BE CONCIEVED. THEIR BS UBER GAS CARD? THIS COMPANY ABUSES IT & FÛCKS IT UP FOR THE CUSTOMER WHO USES IT FOR GAS IN THEIR CAR. UBER TAKES OUT WAAAY MORE THAN THEYRE ALLOWED TO FROM IT, BEING LIKE THE BS CUSTOMER ONLY GOING 2 FT DOWN THE STREET BY TAKING OUT $50 IF YOU SPEND LESS THAN THAT & THE BS INCENTIVES LIKE "PICK UP 400 FARES THIS WEEKEND GET A $1,000!" IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ANOTHER P/T 10-15 HR A WEEK JOB, NOT RELYING ON THEIR BS GAS CARD, & DOESNT MIND THE ABUSE. TO UBER, EVERYONE ELSE CAN GET FÜCKED. THE UBER HERE IN AZ BARELY PAYS BACK THE $ ITS ALWAYS SOMEHOW STEALING FROM THE DRIVERS & WHEN THEY DO ITS WEEKS AFTER THEY STEAL IT. IM TELLING YOU, DONT WORK FOR UBER IF YOURE DESPERATE ID RECOMMEND WORKING WALMART WHICH I HATE JUST AS MUCH OVER UBER, BECAUSE GETTING LOCKED OUT FOR 10 MINUTES WITHIN AN HR FOR CANCELING TOO MANY FARES THAT ARE OUT OF YOUR WAY WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE ENOUGH GAS TO STAY IN YOUR CUSTOMER-LESS SPOT, FORCING YOU TO WASTE EVEN MORE TIME SO YOU CANT MAKE $, YOU WILL WANT TO QUIT & KILL UBER. MY SO GOES THROUGH THIS HERE IN PHX, AZ EVERY.FÛCKING.DAY.

UBER ONLY WANTS $.
DOESNT CARE FOR SHÏT.
$#*!.UBER.

mikej153
4/21/16

Driver never showed up and I was charge twice.

asthas2
4/21/16

It's been 2 years that we are using uber, but the kind of issues we have faced in past 2 months have totally washed away the past 2 years of good experience. I'll explain the major episodes-
1. Maruti Ritz- Me and my husband were travelling from sector 57 gurgaon and sec 14 gurgaon, my husband had to get down at huda city which was midway. There are 3 ways for this route, when we asked him to take the huda route he said i can't do this otherwise I'll be in loss, I'll move according to the navigation. We told him that this concept is for car pool, but he continuously kept on saying that you don't know, i am the employee i know. He continuously kept on howling "mai apki wajah se apna nuksan thode na karaunga". After damn frustration we asked him to call the customer care and ask, even after knowing the fact, what he again misbehaved and said that "hum aisa isliye karte hain taki ap baad me ye na kaho k galat raste pe le gye navigation k hisab se". He was not silent for a min till 3/4th the way. This is highly unacceptable.

2. We both had to travel from gurgaon to delhi, it was sunday eve not too much traffic also. We booked uber thrice. The first driver 6:08 pm when we called him after 5 min he said that he cant go to delhi.. in car pool its not possible.
Second driver 6:14 pm, we called him within 2 min, he also asked where u hv to go, i disconnected the phn. He again called to ask the destination, i didn't tell. He said ok, he was jst 5 min away, we kept on waiting for 10 min, no response,.when we called to check, he switched off his phn. Then also we waited and kept on calling for 15 min then finally he cancelled the trip.
Third driver 6:39 pm- he too was just 5 min away , for half an hour he kept on saying that i m searching whereas he was not. At last we asked him to reach rail vihar the nearest landmark, its clearly seen in the map, finally he replied " madam mujhe search karna nahi ata". Then i shouted and said that i am going to make a complain, he was at rail vihar within a min, bt we had already cancelled the trip.
We were late by 1 and a half hour, moreover we were damn frustrated.
Finally then i booked uber from my phn and we got the cab.

3. Today in the morning, i made a request for own car from sec 57 to 14 gurgaon. A driver mahinder, hundai accent accepted the request and said that its in pool and he is going to dwarka delhi. The rider he was having was also saying that i didn't opted for pool. He asked me to cancel, so i did. I was booking it for office, in hurry.
I again sent a request and again he only accepted and when i called him, he replied i have to take this request otherwise "meri ye trip waste ho jayegi" i don't know how. I said i havent opted for car pool, I'll be late for office how does it matters to me k apki trip waste ho jayegi. So what he replied was, he actually shouted that "to mujhe kya farq padta hai k apko late ho raha hai".
I have actually referred uber to many of my knowns, i now feel like writing these reviews everywhere. This is just not acceptable. These are only the major issues that i hv mentioned, and it actually doesn't matter if u cut their day's incentive when we are facing so many issues with so many drivers. They take advantage of your 6 trip incentive method and it will deteriorate uber's image, u should make it km based incentive method Uber is working only becoz of customers. Dont lose them.

mukuld1
4/20/16

Uber app is just too fast to be good.Cab bookings are misfired .even when a user is just exploring the app and is not really ready to book a ride. we get a call from the cab driver. Cab rides get booked even before you could select your destination. Then the cab drivers informs you to cancel that ride (which you anyways did not actually intend to book). If you fail to cancel within 15 minutes, you have to pay a cancellation charge (gets added to your next ride)
Uber app must have a "confirm" button so that the ride is booked only after that confirmation

dp49
4/19/16

I reported someone who stole my debit card and stole over $200.00 from my account. They did absolutely nothing. Someone told me via email someone has to pay for them to get around. I couldn't even speak to anyone.

annem84
4/17/16

We arrived at San Fransisco Airport and walked towards the taxi rank.We were approached by a taxi driver offering to take us to our hotel he did say he was a Uber driver ( I do not have an Uber account). I knew that the fare should be around $45. During the journey our driver was constantly on his mobile phone either texting or speaking to other drivers. Arriving at our hotel he charged us $95.
I my opinion don't use them, i certainly will never use them again.

aruns9
4/16/16

very poor services. the person doesnot know the exact address. controlled by false messages. false rate.

shreyap5
4/15/16

Why is Uber such a fraud at pricing and worst at customer service?Please answer it.Being Billion Dollar industry and using treachery and fraud to charge customers?What happened to convenient ride at economic cost??For 2.5 km you might pay 100-120 Rupees(Indian)?Why because its peak time.IS it??I don't see any traffic on the road.Lol!! Their tantrums are worst than 11-year-old...I don't know what training their drivers receive.All they want is incentive and no attention to customer convenience

treschannag
4/13/16

The customer service will drive you to insanity. Ive been attempting to get assistance now for 12 HOURS since their uberpool option isnt showing up on my viewer and the help system is automated.

radhikas4
4/11/16

I traveled with the Uber Swift car (MH-14 FC 1375) at Hinjewadi,Pune Maharatstra. I am travelling at night time the driver is not driving car properly and always looking at the mirror.
I change my place the he again adjust the mirror toward me. I have left the car in between.

The driver was drank.... and talking in rude language.

The Uber is not keeping good drivers.

keithd38
4/9/16

Recently, the Uber rates were lowered to a rate that significantly beats the rate to the standard yellow taxis in the city (NYC). Yet Uber finds a way to always scam the customer with ridiculous markups for "busy" times, or "in demand" areas, etc. Mind you, we're not talking about a measly 50 cent or so surcharge, they actually double the estimate rate on many occasions. One day without paying attention you might end up having to pay $80 for what you've taken at a rate $40 on several occasions only because there were quite a few people requesting other drivers in that area at once. Seriously??

The support is a complete joke. At least when I call a CC or my bank support, although I'm getting someone from Thailand or Singapore, someone actually picks up the phone. Uber doesn't even have a number! This is a company valued in the billions. Again...Seriously??

After you send the email for a charge dispute, they are very polite in telling you "NO, our calculations are correct at present rider rates." -Um NO, they're not if the more expensive rate setting alternative is cheaper.

Folks, don't fall for the "trend" of using Uber because many others are. Trend setters will wait on line for 3hrs to get a muffin because so and so celebrity gets their pastries there. Yea I know...really stupid. So don't be one of those. Plenty of alternative car services in this big city that'll actually pick you up with a SET rate to give you before they even come.

Otherwise, the yellow cabbies are still cheaper. No matter what BS marketing they try to pass you.

Tip for consumers: Really check the price surges before scheduling a call! They will trounce your card if you're not careful. They are also known to cancel your account for cancelling charges with your bank or CC company.

nisham5
4/9/16

I have had some terrible experiences with the uber cab drivers. They are terrible with directions and they are extremely arrogant.
Once a driver asked me to get off the cab because he thought I gave the wrong pick up address. And in another instance, the driver shouted at me because I told him to take a specific route. I have had many such experiences and so have my family members..
If anyone faces an issue like this, please take them directly to the police station. I regret not doing that myself..

richarda90
4/8/16

I tried to use Uber for the first time today and what a joke.

The Android App is the most amateur and unusable app I've ever seen. Seriously. Who designed it? It is completely not logical, follows few if any standards, completely non-intuitive.

I seriously wonder if you need to take drugs to understand how to use it. I'm not even joking. Head meds, crack cocaine -- something.

The website is even worse. The absolutely least user friendly and non-functional website I have ever seen from a company larger than 5 employees. What's up with that?

Then, if you get through all of that, which takes a roughly 2 hour learning curve because the app makes no sense until you start trying random things -- it only accepts certain KINDS of credit cards. It wants bank cards so it can presumably drain your bank account at will, but rejects secure cards that limit the damage criminal companies like Uber can do. That's nice.

Last, there is no explanation anywhere of the terms. You have to scour the web and go to forums unless you can guess the made-up terms they use.

I wish New Mexico's G-Ride would go national - it is INFINITELY better. I absolutely do not trust Uber, am deleting my credit card info, and keeping a close eye to make sure they don't steal from me because I have absolutely NO confidence in them based on their sheer incompetence. Reading the reviews I know I am making a great choice. I'll walk or call a cab.

nou181
4/6/16

We noticed UBER charges on our credit card for rides we did not take. Found out that we could not call UBER to notify them, only email. After 5 days of back and forth emails with 10 different 'customer service' people, during which time fraud charges were continuing with UBER (and we had cancelled the AMEX, which is strange)... UBER finally told us that a MISS MOM was using our account, or created their own account with our card. The ONLY fraud charges with the card were with UBER. They gave us zero peace of mind with their security systems with credit card information, basically we got the sense that there is NO security and they have NO sense of urgency when it comes to fraudulent credit card use. Luckily we have fraud protection with AMEX even though UBER will still try to hold us liable...Obviously Going to Lyft now.....UBER IS HORRIBLE

bobw83

I was charged a 4.7 times surcharge
Now i'm trying to resolve this with Uber customer service and what a joke
It's like being trapped in an endless circle.
I will not use them again and I will not recommend Uber to anyone

danielt48
4/6/16

Uber, a company valued at 61 billion dollars. Uber is very popular with their riders. The reason uber is so loved by their riders is because a uber ride is about 1/3rd the price of a taxi.
A uber rider can pay a minimum of $4.80 for a ride. A taxi would charge around $10.00 for the same ride.. A uber driver will average 10 minutes to go pick up a rider and take the rider to their destination and drop them off. Uber driver ends the trip and uber instantly displays how much the driver is paid, $2.40 for the trip. The trip will take around 30 minutes of your time. Now the driver has to pay for their gas, insurance, wear and tear on their vehicle. After the driver figures in the expenses, he or she is left with a profit of zero!!
I have drove for uber part time for 2 years plus. In the beginning I easily made $350.00 a week. Now I average $75.00 a week and drive twice the miles to make that. Uber has not sent my 2015 1099's to report the income to the IRS. When you email uber about a problem, you will receive a robot answer. Uber does not care about their drivers. Uber only cares about increasing their $61 billion dollar value to $81 billion. I am a retired man and my advice to anyone who is considering driving for uber is......DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!!! You will be better off flipping burgers at McDonalds.

helloworldh
4/5/16

UberPOOL is a total scam and as a matter of fact, I think the algorithm is totally off in many cases. UberPOOL would charge me more than a UberX for exactly the same route during the same time of a week and the only difference is POOL wasted me twice the time for picking up the second passenger from THE AIRPORT, where we had to drive in and wait and pick up the other passenger from one of the terminals. I tried contacting customer service FIVE TIMES because it made no sense to me at all and I doubt whether any of the customer support people had any sense how the product actually works or even how to read at all, because none of them ever answered my question and instead just said very random and useless things to me. Dear Uber, please at least spend some money training your people because they made your company look very stupid and unprofessional. And to NYC passengers, take the yellow cab because they are at least registered officially and the pricing is transparent.

ramshaa
4/4/16

I was with family coming back home after shopping. We called uber the first time ever. The driver probably was drunk. He took totally a wrong route and when we said it's wrong he said he has to follow the directions which were shown on his uber device. He just kept driving and suddenly we found our selves on highway. I got worried and ask him to call some one he said he can't do that. He was driving so rough and just kept going on the highway. We asked him to just stop and let us go but he said he can't coz he won't get paid then. At last we have to tell him that if he doesn't stop we will call 911. He just suddenly applied the breaks and we escaped the accident by mere inches. Finally he let us got off whrn we said we will pay him in cash and we realized we were in some different city. We took a taxi and came home. Uber charged us the extra fare and the trip cost us 130 $ what would have been just 12-15$. The worst and scariest experience of my life. So please just be careful as anyone can register with uber so you never know who you gonna trust.

mocos
4/2/16

My girlfriend use this frequently but every single time that I used this service I had bad experiences. Usually the drivers don't know the city at all and they always take the longest route, in order to charge the maximum fare.

Also, I have bad experience dealing with rude drivers.

davidb464
3/29/16

I found this morning that I was charged almost $40 for a ride I did not take. At 10PM last night I was sleeping. I have been told to go through Support email to get this resolved but I have not been replied and I have now been disabled from the system and to get back on I have to go through Support which is exactly the email I have not been replied from. FU@&! these people. I spend at least $200/mth with these fools and have a 5 Star rating.. Hello Lyft!

vals18
3/27/16

You can't pay cash on Uber, so you can't control how much they put on your card. A driverthat Uber seems to support is to not show your trip as ended. So. The driver picked up my girlfriend and dropped her at my house, both addresses were input in the App, but she got no receipt that day as the trip according to Uber wasn't ended until over 20 hours and 50 miles. I assume the driver defrauded us, or there was a glitch in their software, but after days of correspondence and sending a copy of the receipt, I still get the run-around. I fought for Uber to be allowed here in Miami as the cabs were horrible. Now the cabs are better, and I can avoid being scammed using Uber!

edwardc65
3/26/16

The driver drove me a distance of what would have been a $10 cab ride and charged $35.00 and that's not the worst part. He tried to charge my credit card $1850.00 and $1200.00. Luckily Discover card caught it, flagged it and denied it. The charge was attempted through a company called Lavish Limos.

florenceh25
3/26/16

I have been using random uber ride for a year now. Mostly to get my drunk butt home from the bar. never ran into a problem and always been well taken care of.

markg151
3/26/16

After a night out got a taxi through uber at normal rate twice and both times said on route but then cancelled the pick up for no reason? Then the price surge occurred and we were picked up and dropped off meaning a £25-30 dare then became over £60 customer support not existant uber is dreadful company to deal with

monteg9
3/23/16

uber is nothing but a fraudulent piece of shi t low life mother$#*!in thieving dog$#*! useless leach sucking peoples money dry $#*!I EM

rishak1
3/23/16

Uber cab service is pathetic in India & you'll feel cheated everytime you travel with them. They will charge cancellation fee of Rs. 80 everytime the booking is cancelled by the cab driver due to his own reasons. Their so called promo codes never work and after paying the driver you have to lodge a written complain through your mail id or Uber app to resolve the issues and this normally takes between 24-72 hours to get resolved. Uber will refund the money and credit it in your uber account, so to use that you again have to book a cab. This is how uber forcefully tries to retain their customers.
The drivers are unprofessional. Customer support too is very poor in India. Their app is not up to the mark and multiple issues arise during payment.

malyons
3/22/16

Uber is not good for the country because they are taking off the marker traditional taxis which we need in the London. We are better off without uber and use our black taxis like we use.

ahmedb26
3/20/16

After buying a new Corolla and doing all the necessary documentation to join Uber, worked for 2 months than the mileage rate dropped and couple weeks ago opened the App to start taking rides I was not allowed to use it till I had agreed to a 25% cut instead of a prior 20% just because I have joined after October 29th 2015. So now I get 0.75$ per mile and 0.10$ per minute. That's BS 6$/hr for driving is under minimum wage considering that the minimum wage in MD is 8.25$/hr

fredj39
3/19/16

Normal Taxi fare from my home to airport is $25. I was struggling with Windows app on my new Windows phone, and it was my first use of the app on my new phone.
I was not quoted the fare price before agreeing to pay the surcharge, which I did under duress, as I was running late due to faulty phone app... it would not even accept my home address as pickup location, kept changing it. I did not have time to request a taxi, so I agreed to pay under duress. I request a partial refund from customer service and they said no. Many reviews of their Windows app are negative. I also give a negative review of their customer service.

chase165
3/19/16

Uber seemed to be ideal since I just moved back home to Columbus, and I'm a single full time parent. Uber's App sent me to fictitious addresses, wrong addresses, and refused to accept responsibility for the wasted time, fuel, and deficiencies of their own App.

The passengers constantly complained to me about the App's functionality, and the inability of contacting Uber Customer Support.

The cost of driving for Uber is too high. Car payment, fuel, oil changes, Uber Fee, and Passenger Fee, leaves minimum wages for the driver. While Uber claims that drivers can make great money, it's actually Uber that is making "great" money!!

Charging drivers high fees on top of maintenance costs of their own vehicles is ridiculous!

marvint15
3/17/16

i just started driving for uber. after expenses, i making an average of $21.00 an hour.
by the time i get my game down pat, i'll double that an hour.
i haven't even got my referral cards out yet. all of the passengers are great so far.
it's a business like any other business. keep your car clean, drive reasonable, help people with doors and packages... no problems!
it seems that the rate of malcontents is roughly equal to the fail rate of startup small businesses. huh! what a coincidence!
learn how to run a small business, learn about customer service,come back, and you'll make more, and have less stress.

vivekt
3/16/16

My account has been suspended by Uber (I don't know why), there drivers are always late, poor quality cars and a costumer support which never replies to your emails.

A big no to Uber,
your days in India are counted.
May your company get dumped, Uber.

marks351
3/15/16

I've been driving and riding with Uber for 3 months and I have completed about 500 trips. Overall, my experience has been very good. I don't like Uber's rating system...which allows angry, depressed, and drunk people an opportunity to rate you poorly. The pay is crappy. Net of expenses I might make minimum wage. My last trip was 3.2 miles, 10 minutes. I made 5.18. I have done 5 trips in Boise, been online 5.5 hrs. and made 23.48. (Tues) That's it.

That's the downside. The upside is that I work when I want with no micro manager looking over me. 95% of the passengers are excellent, decent people. It's always the 5% that cause all of the problems. Vaping, sneaking drinks in the car, screaming and yelling. I had a kid call me a cracker. So there's always that.

I read a lot of the reviews on this page. Some ring true, some I think are complete BS. The passengers I talk to (virtually all of them) love Uber. One guy told me he cannot afford to own a car- he simply Ubers everywhere and saves the expense. He uses Uber 40 times a month which costs him 200-250 or about half the cost of a car, insurance, gas, and oil.

There is nothing wrong with Uber. It's just another capitalistic, greedy corporation which is going to try and sweep every last crumb off the table. This should be nothing new to drivers and riders who have lived in America the last 40 years.

moc35
3/15/16

I have enjoyed Uber until 03/14/2016. Now I'm done. I'm at a Marriott in DC. Driver calls and asks where I am. I'm in front. He says no you're not. He realizes he is not at the front entrance and tells me to walk around back. I said no. He said then cancel the trip. I cancelled, rebooked, the same driver took the route! I cancelled again and took a taxi. Uber charged me $5 each for the cancellations. YOU CAN NOT CONTACT ANYONE WITH UBER. It was easy to get a credit, but not a refund. YOU STEAL MY MONEY AND GIVE ME A CREDIT! Never again Uber. I will never use Uber again.

victoriah41
3/15/16

My account was hacked and my card was charged twice. When I tried to dispute the charges I couldn't get through by phone and I didn't get an email back. I had to call my bank and they disputed the charges but still could not get in contact with Uber. I will never trust them again.

stevef84
3/10/16

I do not user. My business partner does. Last week in LA I agreed to let her get an Uber to take us to the airport. We saw the car pass the location once and I said, "We're in trouble already." The driver came around the block. Pulled up. We had a lot of bags. He didn't lift a finger to help. After loading the trunk I got in the rear passenger side door. While sitting there waiting for my partner to get in the other door I saw him put the car into Drive. I almost said something thinking to myself this guy wouldn't start going before everyone was in the car. WRONG. HE STARTED ROLLING. LUCKILY MY PARTNER, WHO COULD HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED, WAS NOT. He stopped the car. I said, 'We're out of here.' Once again, surprise, surprise he didn't help us take anything out. UBER IS DANGEROUS. THEIR DRIVERS ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL. THEIR DRIVERS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO KNOW ANYTHING (ALWAYS RELYING ON THEIR PHONE MAPPING APS) AND THEY DON'T CARRY ANY MORE INSURANCE THAN A NORMAL DRIVER. This situation ended okay, although stressful. But the next time....

constanzab
3/10/16

Please everybody do the math! The little money drivers are making after driving for hours, often through dangerous areas late at night, goes towards the car's maintenance and depretation. The official cost of driving a mile is $0.54. If you drive 10 miles for Ubet you get about $6 and the cost for you is $5.40. You are not even making minimum wage. Drivers are destroying their cars, and getting very little in return, so that riders can have cheap convenient rides and Ubet can make money.

keving83
3/9/16

I schefuled a pickup on Miami Beach waited much longer than was quoted on the map. The map kept changing time to a longer period. After a while I called the driver to see where he was and he said in Spanish that he didn't speak English. I canceled the trip and tried to schedule another and the price went from $16 to $43. I called Central taxi and had a car in 3 minutes for less money. I seriously doubt I'll use Uber again.

maggiez2
3/9/16

When I started driving UBER, on the surface it looked good. It became very obvious, very faster than obvious, what UBER is really about, NOT: "Delivering Quality Rides"!

UBER is to deliver cheap, fast transportation, on the costs of its drivers, by allowing every dumb*** to rate the professionalism of Drivers. And what is that?

Putting up with a rider's:
- dumb comments
- insults
- arrogance
- unfair demands
- demand to break traffic rules
- impatience
and then still feed the rider with free sweets, drinks and accept to receive a low rating because you didn't look like the rider would have wished you look like, etc.,

Very professional, UBER. Now go to hell.

UBER will end up with the low of low. But that wouldn't place a scratch mark on UBER's executives. By then they will have made their millions and thus, who cares?

hayleyd3
3/7/16

I wont ever use uber again, they are very unprofessional and high who ever the hell they want. just recently my friend used an uber to go to her boyfriends when she go in the uber her uber driver asked her if she wanted some water, she said yes. he grabbed some water from the front seat opening it for her. the next thing she knew he turned off the meter and told her it would be free of charge...... the end of the night she was in the hospital getting a rape test done that came back positive.... this uber driver date rape drugged her water and raped her. DONT USE UBER

kevinr85
3/5/16

Worst company to work for lets say you get a minimum fare in N.J. which is $5.60 Uber automatically takes a $1.60 for safe trip why they take this when your the driver providing the safe trip now where down to $4 then they take there 25% now we have a whopping $3 deduct your gas, car payments & insurance you might be left with $2 so your putting your car on the road and the only people making money is Uber, at your expense stay away go work in Burger King or Mc Donalds you will be financially better of.

johnd513
3/4/16

My first ride with Uber went like this. The driver asked me what time my flight was. Naturally I wanted to get there early to check in beat the traffic and to make sure I would get through security on time. My Uber driver took that opportunity to drive around the suburbs to hike up the fare. so he could run into traffic. A 45 minute trip took 1.5 hours. I only made my flight because I sprinted through the airport. Uber sucks

richardk73
3/3/16

I was so excited to work for uber got a nice new car been driving now for 2 months but every nirte I come home so depressed I make about 6 bucks an hour pay for gas please do not be a driver I do not drive for uber any more some one is making big bucks but NOT THE DRIVERS

366 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

64 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Uber staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3 weeks ago
Answer
mikej149
A: Because the company is crooked it's not rocket science zero accountability zero management to speak with nobody holds them accountable you will never ever speak to someone other than a minimum wage customer service rep Uber operates under the shadows and guidelines unlike ordinary companies they are a new breed of stay as far away from interaction with customers all you do is deal with a smart phone email and app you are just a commodity and another IP address .
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
4/3/16
Answer
samira20
A: I strongly believe that if anyone makes $20/Hour driving for uber, everybody will come out from the offices I work for them. If you make minimum wage while you are driving for them you are lucky.
4/3/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Uber