US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

alisaa1

Unfortunately though, I recently had a bad experience with a driver and the customer service was worse. (in 10 reviews)

patu2

25% off their ride fee, corporate made up the difference to the driver. (in 56 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

curtissw
5/22/15

I am happy that I did not use your service this past Wednesday, as your past Users (Feedback) shows that your Company is a Scam, abusing the Users Credit Cards with your continuous multiple Credit Billings to their Credit Cards.

joef51
5/22/15

They have fraudulently charged my card 8 times before I could cancel card. Can't get anyone at uber to talk to... email only. My personal opinion is it's a c/c scam company.

rooz1
5/20/15

Don't waste your money on inexperienced drivers and lousy service. It is not convenient as you think; once they have your credit card they will bill you no matter what. Avoid this scam; use normal regulated taxi service.

jayf20
5/20/15

US Department of Justice is launching a criminal investigation on credit card abuse and other fraudulent cases on the U ber corporation

ashishg4
5/20/15

They suddenly blocked my account. Will no respond to emails or tell me why.

richarde19
5/18/15

You're probably fine until you try to switch your user ID account - it is tied to your phone number forever, and Uber does not respond to online support requests, and there is no phone number to call. I tried three times to get them to resolve the problem, and they just ignored my email responses.

kimberlyw16
5/16/15

crappy company, should be zero stars, treating drivers poorly will get you no where, no wonder your turnover rates are 65 percent and climbing, sooner or later you won't have any drivers come pick up your customers, America needs to wake up smell coffee and learn that i bet is one big Fraud!

mikes292
5/14/15

The City of Dallas is supporting fraud companies like Uber and Lyft, Shame on you City of Dallas!!!:(

matthewg25
5/14/15

This company is total fraud to its drivers, the rating system is unfair, 4.6 and lower will get you deactivated which is insane, too strict, another is the fares are way too low, you cant make a decent living and more and more drivers coming in its getting harder and harded to any living, the ceo is a lier and a fraud

markl121
5/14/15

I have been driving for uber for a month now. Nothing but incredibly awesome experiences. Both with the uber staff and the riders. Yes there are surges at times when their are more people needing us then drivers available. I find the social aspect very rewarding Im satisfied just be smart about it and its a win win situation. Remember don't get crazy with your income from it. Take into consideration you have to pay taxes and car maintainence. I absolutely love it...
Leighton

kathyf19
5/14/15

Had created profile 4 mos ago, hoping to use out of Harrisburg PA, yet Uber not set up yet. Came out of getting massage, checked email & noted receipt for ENGLAND today !!! How did they get my profile, use my encrypted Capitol One, which they are now partnering with,
I go into store, leave my phone in car & uber driver in England has called my cell 4x, looking for me! No customer service number to call, left emails with everyone & tried to purge my account of all my info. UBER. Never!!!

ravij6
5/13/15

Uber blocked my account as soon as i put money in my paytm account saying that this account is linked with some other account. And in support mails, there is always a common system generated mail. Worst service ever seen...

jannieb1
5/13/15

I tried Uber, it was relatively quick and 10 pounds cheaper.

paigesl
5/11/15

I was heading for a party, so I thought I would give Uber a try, I heard about people riding in fancy cars. I was surprised to see a black Tesla up my front door. I hopped in, and waddled out in-style at the party.

emaf2
5/10/15

I booked a ride from Radisson blu Tonk road to Nahargarh fort in Jaipur in India. While booking the ride, both pick up and drop points were specified.

Even when we hopped in the cab, we told the driver specifically that we need a drop to nahargarh fort.

However, when we reached amber road just at the bottom point to Nahargarg and jaigarh fort (both on same way) the driver stopped and said this is the last point. He refused to drop us to the fort (any nearby fort). He asked us to get down at a point where there was absolutely no other transport service. It was scorching hot and disturbing. He did not move from that place. He said officially, this is the last point and we are not permitted to go beyond this point. A local auto fellow came and said he can give us a ride.

We kept requesting the driver to drop us till the fort but he said we are not allowed to go beyond this point. He said beyond this point he can take personally and asked us to pay him Rs. 300 just to drop us till the nahargarh fort gate. We repeatedly told him to drop us to the fort gate but he refused and said either we should get down here (point which was 9kms before the fort gate) or pay him 300 and go. He also asked us to decide fast as the waiting meter is running and we are being charged for it.

We were left with no choice but to get down in the middle of no where. We also did it because of anger and disappointment. Luckily, we found the auto guy whom we anyways had to pay Rs.500.

We felt cheated and harassed. This is absolutely wrong work ethics and I am extremely disappointed with uber service because of today's experience.

I would also like to bring to your notice that the invoice that I have been sent, I have been charged Rs.200 entry fee for amber fort which I never went to.

It seems the uber app is still not able to track and locate its vehicles pick and drop locations.

Having a female co-passenger the driver should also be careful and not drop us in a deserted location.

I am extremely angry and I want to give negative rating to the driver as well as the uber services.

johni201
5/6/15

operating outside the law cars without insurance drivers sexually assault passenger's surge manipulated by drivers. Theivesbanned almost everywhere except where there are bent officials check out on twitter #ubered see for yourselves your not safe oh and they have been hacked and customer details are sold on the web. No phone number to contact them if you use them your a mug gave them 1 star because there isn't a minus 1000000 button

vijayp5
5/6/15

I promoted Uber with my friends and gave free trips, I used more trips with money initially. At the time of using free trips, Uber disable all the free trips and not providing proper answer for their task. They are saying like promoting uber is your big mistake

carlosb26
5/4/15

I have used Uber four times now. Every time I use Uber I have had an excellent experience. The drivers are professional and the cars are nice. You get what you pay for and I will never take a taxi again. It's Uber all the way

plumberj
4/30/15

This is the U.S. Who want to do business with a company based here that uses cars from Japan? Import buyers have destroyed out country.

kr1957
4/24/15

I Took an uber from one location to another I was totally overcharged. When I got out of the uberwhen I realized I forgot my wallet. When we called The driver he dropped it off with $240 missing out of it. When I called to complain to uber they basically completely ignored me and said it was his word against mine. We spoke with the Uber driver in detail and asked him to return the $240 and he basically said no. We have made a police report and are following up and hopefully will get some results. A lesson learned take a taxi instead of an Uber.

Tip for consumers: Take a taxi

dysheenad
4/21/15

My uber driver was on his phone, driving very slow, incompetent of following directions. It was almost as if he didn't care (he most likely doesn't care with these rules of habits) over all I'm never using this service again unless its on someone else's dime!!!

jeffb108
4/15/15

Its been over 2 weeks since I made numerous trips that I STILL have yet to be paid for. There is no human to get ahold of to complain to. They just send you a default email telling you that they're looking into it, and thats the end of it. Worse customer support than Time Warner Cable! Im done wasting my time and gas with this half-assed, poorly managed, joke of a company. I look forward to the day they get shut down for some illegal business doings.

santoshd1
4/13/15

They have wiped out my account balance without giving any appropriate reason of 8 Free rides earned by me. Further, they have sent mail to share the apps. On the contrary, they lapse the rides without giving sufficient reason.

chrisb166
4/10/15

I used the service just a couple of times with my girlfriend. Its seems convenient, cool, modern, and safe. I decided to drive with them and see how that would pan out. The site was easy enough, pretty straight forward. everything IS AUTOMATED SO YOU GO WITH IT. The background check seemed extensive enough. I received 3-4 different reports. At first you think " my goodness, what are they searching for?"

I drove with them for 3 days, I started to feel like something was off. It was TOO EASY< TOO CONVENIENT. then during a morning pickup, the app ( Uberpartner app for drivers) stopped working. No warning, no nothing! Then, I tried to log out then back into the account...... this message followed; " Your driver account has not been activated" I drove using the app for 3 days, how is that possible??!!!! Again, no warning, no explanation, and certainly NO PAYMENT for my work yet.

They seem to hide behind the convenience of the internet so you can't actually "reach" them which to me means NO ACCOUNTABILITY whatsoever.

There have been a few rapes reported, banned in different countries and cities.....and nothing seems to happen...no statements and when they do make one.....its very VAGUE..... I absolutely will never use that (so-called-service) again....

richardo19
4/6/15

While on vacation to Miami in Jan 2015, I decided to try Uber since taxis can be quite expensive. I downloaded the app and filled out all necessary information. Little did I know that one of their drivers would scam me and Uber condones this behavior.
My friend she lives in North Miami and we were going to South Beach. I ordered an Uber (Uber X showed up) for pick-up at approximately 9pm. North Miami to South Beach was $18.39. No problem with this fare.Got out of the Infinity SUV and we were on our way.Fast forward to two days later when I receive an email from Uber saying they made a fare adjustment. An adjustment in the amount of $175 for a cleaning fee. The driver filed an incident report with photos included stating I vomited in his vehicle. Photos that have no time or date stamps. There was no incident, his report is false. I have a witness who will attest that no incident occurred. I'm still disputing the charge in the amount of $175. Uber thinks it fine to allow one of their drivers file a false incident report against a customer and condones his dishonest behavior. Way to value your customers Uber!!

michelles81
4/1/15

I have had THEE worst experiences with Uber. If they are not driving past me and then charging me a cancellation fee, driving recklessly with my kids in the car, barely speaking English, or purposely driving out the way to increase the fare. I also had a driver that was supposed to take me to the Southwest terminal at Ronald Reagan. He drove passed the terminal and almost out of the airport. When I asked him where he was going he started driving in reverse in busy rush hour airport traffic. I then told him to stop at which point he told me to get out his car and left me, my fiancee, and our bags in the middle of the street. The pictures below are screenshots of the fares I took from my hotel to the San Diego Convention Center. The first one is the fastest and correct way to get to the Convention Center. The second photo clearly shows the twist and turns the driver took and then when I complained told me to get out and I had to walk the rest of the way! From where my hotel was all the driver had to do was drive straight down West Ash and then make a left on Harbor.

borisj4
3/30/15

uber is the worst service as my account has been breached and is being used by other people to get free rides never give your credit card details to anybody long term

dhcfb
3/20/15

First of all, They are ripping the customers off, I had a promo code for $20 free ride and they charged me the full amount.
Second, they don't have any insurance for riders during the trips.
Third, they have the worst customer service.
I highly don't recommend uber for anyone.

denniss73
3/18/15

I used Uber from San Diego Airport going to an interview. I was very frustrated because Uber won't work using my Cellular Service! You have to find "hot spot wi-fi" connection otherwise you can't login to UBER! I almost missed my interview due to the poor UBER connection from the airport! The first driver cancelled because we couldn't text each other again due the poor connection. I had to wait for a second driver. Back in Phoenix (from San Diego), I had the same internet issue on my iphone. I gave up requesting the UBER service and took a regular cab! Hence, I agree with other reviewers, the UBER idea is great but execution is miserable!

Tip for consumers: Tip: Don't take UBER if you have an appointment or during rush hours (due to the SCAM on surge fees!). Also, unless you're sure you can get good internet connection, take a regular CAB. There is company called "boingo hotspot" that it is trying to scam people by charging Wi-Fi usage at US airports! I refused to pay $5 they want to charge for Wi-Fi.

robertv24
3/18/15

I was totally ripped off by an incompetent driver who wasted 25 mins of my time so I missed a paid appointment and got charged 35$ for what should have been a 20 fare. After 4 attempts they finally credited me 4$ .... Are you kidding!! They didn't even read my text complaint. Total losers... Take a real taxi.

scarlettv
3/12/15

I have set up accounts with all of my numbers- we have only used it a few times the app never works, it always has some glitch, you cannot cancel your account or get in touch with anyone- EVER- they have no way to communicate if there is technical difficulties. TAKE A CAB much easier and no complications and the customer service is much better.

Tip for consumers: DONT DO IT TAKE A CAB!!!! YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY GET CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

nob224
3/7/15

The company has been working well for me.

bk34
3/6/15

UBER app and website have failed me AGAIN. Won't let me login, won't let change or retrieve password. And there is absolutely no customer service. Never again.

majorb14
3/6/15

One driver in the Dallas area actually had the gall to post a rant on Craigslist about how he feels about his passengers because they don't tip. His own words were, "...you are a cheap a** bas**** ...." Isn't NOT tipping part of their advertising? Aren't low rates supposed to be part of their attraction? When I contacted him, he was even more vulgar and said he was only driving part time. Thank goodness for small favors, I guess! With drivers like these, why would anyone even bother with these headaches? With attitudes like these, I'm guessing these people just can't get a real job anywhere else......

rosemaryw3
3/5/15

I thought they were good until one night I took use of Uber from Milwaukee Airport. Before I selected what type of care service I wanted from Uber, I immediately got a phone call from an Uber Driver - which I thought was very odd as all other times they responded a few minutes AFTER I finished choosing the car type and then submitted. A black car - a Lincoln Towncar showed up. I was charged $55.00 just from the airport to West Allis. I was expecting to pay about $20.00 which is what I paid on the way to the airport 5 days earlier. After complaining to the company all they said was that I chose the Black expensive car - even though I never even had a chance to choose type of car on the APP - the company said they already paid the driver so they could not do anything about it. I think the driver knows how to intercept the signal as soon as you log into the APP - BEWARE!

Tip for consumers: SCAM - Beware if you get a response from Uber BEFORE you complete and submitt your request. They or some of their drivers know how to intercept the signal and pick you up in their most expensive car which will cost you twice the price BEFORE you choose what type of car you want and you won't even know it until you see a huge credit to your card the next day. BEWARE at Milwaukee airport for this type of transportation.

clarissah
3/4/15

I would not recommend Uber to anyone. Its like a scam. They lie about the estimated rated that your ride will be. They charge you double or triple the price a regular cab service will charge you. I used uber for the first time 2 weeks ago and when i look at my receipt, my destination was not where my driver had left me. I sent them an email and they had claimed a refund of $17 was going to be refunded into my account. Until this day i still have not received my refund. Plus they have your credit card information but no phone number for their riders to call?? Its like they hide behind the internet and you just have to hope someone responds to your email. I will never use this service again.

Tip for consumers: Take a regular car service.

rossa14
3/1/15

Works ONLY if you are LEAVING a major metro area. Any suburban stuff, just call a cab. My driver showed up reeking of meth, ran over a median strip. Wildly insane service. Plus, try calling any time that's not convenient. "NO DRIVER AVAILABLE". F-this.

Tip for consumers: AVOID

debbies42
3/1/15

We used Uber for the first time last night ... thankfully we had a $30.00 first time rider credit that covered our trip to American Airlines Center. We had an awesome trip to the Mavericks game and we loved our driver and the rate was reasonable; however, when the game was over and we went to the app to get a ride home they had a "surge fee" and they were now charging 4.7 times the normal rate. We waited thinking the surge rate would go down after the game had been over for a while and even signed up to be notified when the surge was over. Two hours after the game we had a nice bartender at Pira Lounge help us get a ride. We had to pay $60.00 for a 20 min ride home with In Style Limo Service, but Uber would have been over $90.00 plus tip. Ridiculous. So people beware that they suck you in with a very reasonable fee then uncharge you with a "surge" fee that can happen at any time and leave you stuck or paying way too much. We never received notice when the surge was over either. I will NEVER use them again. Our poor dogs were 2 1/2 hours past due going out - I was livid being stranded with no reasonable way home.

rachaell5
3/1/15

The idea of the company is great-- but the execution is terrible. The "surcharges" are the most ridiculous charges I have ever seen. I have paid $25 for a gross taxi ride, but that surely beats a $118 uber ride, for the same mileage, time, etc. No amount of snacks, water, or nice vehicles can ever make up for the ridiculous charges. I have had 4+ terrible experiences with both myself or friends with insane upcharges & shady "end trips". While I have also had good trips (at 4 pm on a Monday, or 9 pm on a Friday), the absolute exorbitant fees will surely keep me away!

bk33
2/26/15

what a crock of a company they can not afford a phone? my credit card has fraud charges from their drivers yet I can not call them but hope someone replies to my emails I will hold my breath

Tip for consumers: do not give them a credit card that has a limit over 20.00 as their drivers commit fraud on your credit card

jakew25
2/26/15

I drive in the DFW area and I love it. It's so convenient with your schedule and you can just add the income to your current job. Don't use this for a full time job, just do it to earn some extra cash. If you sign up to drive with uber you can earn money fast at a rate up to $40/hr. You can receive $100 after sign up type in my referral code: 1W99G. Enjoy it guys it's not like any other boring job, trust me.

laura941
2/25/15

I was told to downloaded the app to receive a $20 dollar coupon, which i did. i ordered a ride and before getting in the car i made sure to double check with the driver that i was not going to be charged a single thing (my destination was only 5 miles away). everything went well until the day after i noticed that they had charged me money. the coupon i had was applied but they had also charged me with an extra surge fee that i never approved of! they do not have a customer phone number so i had to email them. they never helped me with my problem. i DO NOT recommend this company at all!

carlosj9
2/23/15

My daughters card was charged for over $70.00 dollars for a ride she never did or knew about. How does that happen. It put her overdrawn and was charged $35.00 by the bank for overdraft. I would caution about giving your card info to Uber. And when you call there is no number to report or correct these fraudulent charges. Only by email. Beware you have been warned.

domonikb
2/23/15

In recent prices have dropped and service has steeped even lower. According to company policy a drive is required to wait 5 minutes before driving away and charging you with service fee, eve. If that servuce is not delivered. What makes it worse, this guy didnt even show up. We were coresponding via text so i coukd help him find the place, i went out side to flag him down, and not a soul was out there. only three minutes had past. Come to find out days later i was still charged for the ride. Save your self the trouble and money and take a regular cab or taxi.

ag613
2/16/15

I ordered a car at Miami Internation Airport. Got notification text that driver was on the way. After waiting a little bit, I received a text that driver cancelled pickup and I should order a new uber. This has happened more than once at MIA. Has anybody else had this experience?
NO MORE UBER FOR ME!!!!

rahulk14
2/2/15

Uber Blocked My Account without any concern that I violet there policy of more than one account

First of all I want to confirm you guys that I never violet any of your policy I have only one account of mine which is iimsmba@gmail.com only .

Secondly second account is of my wife which is iimsmba2@gmail.com , yes previously she use her own name and mobile number but after that Delhi rape case done by UBER we threaten to use your service and then we changed that account with this mail id because during all this incident we get to know that UBER in no more safe for women’s any more , not because of uber is unable to make it safe but because of the people you appoint in india are not at all responsible and not able to come in front to answer people or to resolve their queries .

Third I almost waste my 25 days time to promote UBER in Jaipur RAJASTHAN and in my company at Jaipur in given below manner
1. I make them aware that UBER is not only that driver this is much more than that , and trying to release their fear from this company
2. Secondly I do few campaign in my office to promote this company and educate people that how to create account and how to add prepaid wallet in uber
3. Thirdly as you guys are also aware that in many of customers phones PAYTM Wallet option is not appearing that why I allow them to use my phone to create there account in my phone so that they can use their phone to login that id and use the services .
4. I teach them to how to use pay tm wallet
5. I transfer money for first ride from my Pay TM so that they at least feel the comfort and smoothness of UBER expertise , and I almost spend 5000 INR in promoting this service
6. I feel shame some time just because of this referral when driver denied to come at given address and behaving vulgar some time in front of my referrals
7. I done 6 colony meeting to educate about the Benefits for this TAXI services in current aspect
8. I went to my friends house and society and that time also I speak for UBER and promote this as an employees
During all this process i referee so many people and let them to create so many accounts and earn almost 100 account from my referral code and my wife’s referral code , and many times when PAYTM wallet option not appearing then allow them to use my phone to create there account and let time create they pay tm wallet also , and that time no one from your team come or call or mail me about the policy , but surprisingly after working of almost a month then suddenly I get to know that my account is auto blocked , may be system is not smart and work as per inputs and that is right also but when I justify on mails to your team about all this then no one is even bother to revert on mails , and even after blocking my services you guys still sending me mails that refer us and earn 600INR in your account and still my referral code is valid for others .

This make me mentally depressed and I feel cheated by UBER , and I feel very shame full in front of my referees and colleagues and every one is saying “kya huva teri uber ka isne to teri hi laga di” and so many other comments , I feel shameful in front of my family and friends also , and final again after that rape case once again this is confirmed that you guys are not able to provide customer satisfactory services in india and you don’t have any rights to provide your services in india.

Relief required :-
1. Enable mine and my wife’s account iimsmba@gmail.com & iimsmba2@gmail.com

Or

Provide my remuneration where I waste almost 25 Days for you as an compensation of 50000 INR
Refund my Promotion cost 5000 INR
Provide Mental compensation of 100000 INR

Or

Provide your Indian Address where I can send legal notice to you guys

Till the time I am not able to get your Indian address I will remind you many times in a day …and as soon as I get someone from uber then I will sue you in court .

Aside to Advocate Hemant I hereby authorized you to prepare legal notice in mean while

Tip for consumers: not at all safe as dont having any customer care to listen there complaints as they are only doing what they want to

mikes265
1/24/15

I am a Uber Driver and made $850 on Halloween night. Even my self, happy as was thought this is crazy. Worst customer service for both the Drivers and Riders. I am planning to stop because besides Halloween night. .....not worth killing your car for pennies. Everyone, just beware.

Plenty of good taxi around.

billb98
1/18/15

Uber Driver
dont drive for uber Customers takes advantage, i got call when i arrived customer cancel, i didnt get any pay only spend my gas, also got a call when arrived customer call and say you went to wrong place and start to abuse "you stupid, you should never work" Other customer sit down in car ask first question who should i sue if you got into accident, wow you reach you drive new car" yes i am reach for 15 min drove got $12, $2.40 uber fee, have to pay for a gas, insurance needs car main, cost around $700 change tires, i drove some teenagers on hallowen so drunk even got some drinks to the car did spilled in car ruin sits and tried to open door when i was driving, also open window and throw out cans of beers, they got charge $163 and i got to pay clean sits $90, gas and fee, so go figure how some customers abuse system, also try to figure out how rich am i.

tracym50
1/11/15

Write your review to help others learn about this online businessI was charged $104 for less than a 30 minute drive home from the airport when no surcharge was in effect. When I requested to speak to someone I learned it's because the cars are priced differently even though the app failed to provide this information at any point of time. The representative said they could do nothing so I requested to speak to her manger several times via email with no response. Situation was handled very poorly and I've still received no response. shady.

turannosv
1/10/15

Driver tonight was so erratic on road. (Plate no. NY T655232C) that I thought he was drunk. Speeding up to 80, then slowing to 50 mph, swerving in and out of lanes, on an abandoned highway, it was a haunted roller-coaster ride, as the glow of his cell phone on his face the whole time made him look like a ghoul.

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Uber staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Uber will be out of business in the City of Austin soon
4/3/15
Answer
panchitog
A: I really dont know; but ehat i know is that travis cartel is fetting tooo many law suit of all kind every where and is banned in many countrys, citys and countys
At thus point i got my doubts if Travis woult get the IPO with all the scandals and ugly complains is dacing right now
4/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I am new to the uber world. I have a daughter in law that will be performing her rotation in texas. We live in west fort worth, tx and she will be assigned in Plano, tx. There is a tremendous amount of construction in the plano area. We wanted to see if she could ride the train to plano and then call uber to get her the 3 miles she needs to travel to her location. She would obviously need this at the end of the day as well. Is there anyway to set up a pick up and drop off for everyday she needs it?
4/6/15
Answer
plumberj
A: I've heard that many drivers want cash plus oral
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Photos for Uber