US Government's NSF

405 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Tel: +1.8772238023
domains@uber.com

People interested in Uber are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

alisaa1

Unfortunately though, I recently had a bad experience with a driver and the customer service was worse. (in 13 reviews)

patu2

25% off their ride fee, corporate made up the difference to the driver. (in 74 reviews)

jakew25

You can receive $100 after sign up type in my referral code: 1W99G. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jeffreym46
8/1/15

Twice I have tried to set up an Uber account, most recently 2 days ago.
That took 2+ hours.
When I contacted uber for a ride, the user name and password were not recognized. Clicking the link to reset the password, it took Uber nearly 3 hours to respond and with no link to reset the password.
The company is undependable and not user friendly, especially if one will not use Facebook.
As of more than 12 hours later, there is still no link to reset the password.
Forget even trying to get a live body on the phone.

waleedb
7/30/15

I have comment about the rating system its not fare and its not based on fixed points and work is not stable with uber

jamilar
7/28/15

If your in the san fransico area be on high alert. Uber drivers don't go through background check , all they need is a car, license and to be approved by a "inspector" to begin picking people up . I take it upon myself to look up the person picking me up & I've used Uber twice already. On my second trip I was to get picked up by a Akeem Davis and when I loomed his up a ton of red flags were popping up. I immediately cancelled and contact Uber yet they have refused to respond to the concerns I've asked them about regarfing these workers. Don't trust Uber drivers.

jjb4
7/27/15

I just completed my first Uber ride and it was great. The service was excellent and I ended up paying nothing for an airport ride that would normally charge me $50+. If you haven't done so, do try it out and you can get first one on Uber with promotion code jeffh3906ue

emilya31
7/27/15

Thanks so much to Uber​, who cancelled my ride, charged me for it, admitted I was wrongfully charged, and yet still kept the money for themselves as an "Uber credit." Why not just stick your crooked hands in my wallet? Going into someone's bank account and giving yourself their money without reason is robbery. Cab companies can't do that. Now stop e-mailing me with your desperate pleas for me to reach out to Congress, because obviously thieves don't make for a safe ride home.

anjanal
7/27/15

They rip off customers riding from NJ to NY with a 20$ surcharge and don't bother to let them know in advance. Screw uber!

wallyk1
7/21/15

Uber is being investigated for money laundering for foreign governments in the Middle East, trying to increase the value of their stocks before they go public, hiding behind their app with no means to contact them????????????????????????????

eaee
7/18/15

Uber use to be great. Remember when you got the first one? It was so easy and convenient. Now, they are worse than taxi's. Surge charging to 2 or 3+ times the normal rate, app crashes, poor drivers, and above all, weak and unhelpful customer service. Now any d bag with a license can be a driver. Some of the drivers even pedal coke and weed thru Uber. Other drivers hit on girls and try to get dates. We had a driver pick us up in his pajamas once. Another driver had a tire blow out and told us there was nothing he could do about it and we basically paid double for the trip since we had to order another uber. This is no longer a company that is in control. Uber use to be great. They use to be the Nordstrom of transportation. Now, you might get the first car you click, or maybe the app will crash. Maybe the driver will wait 10 minutes then call you and cancel the ride because he's stuck in traffic. Once you get the car, cross your fingers for a cool knowledgeable driver but 9 times outta 10 the driver is out of their area and they have no idea where they are. So use gps, but it doesn't help when gps takes you the "shortest" and most traffic ridden route. After your trip, hopefully you get charged the correct amount... Or maybe the driver will contact uber and say your trip was longer than it actually was and they will charge you more, which I hear is happening more often now. At least taxi drivers have to work out your transaction on the spot and you know you won't be charged more at a later time. Taxi drivers are also usually driving as a career, supporting their family, barely scraping by. One of my last uber drivers was a real estate agent using uber to give out his friend number to order weed. WTF? Uber USE TO be great. Now, I'd rather just take a taxi. The uber app is convenient, but is it that much harder to dial a cab??

rr47
7/15/15

I requested a Uber in Paris and their driver somehow forgot to load my case that had 3 laptops, one new samsung s6 one camera and May brochures that were prepared for my business trip. I found out about it missing at the airport so we had to drive back to our office in Paris and of course it was missing . I missed my flight and so did my partner who I shared the ride with. It cost us over $700 to rebook another flight 2 days later. To make things worst, we were charged 235 euros for the trips and the time it took us to file a police report. I complained to Uber and some lady responded with simple sorry, saying I left my bag on street which of course I did not and it wasn't some public street and I recall very well telling driver to put in tunck and use back seat for larger case. Today and I am in NewYork I missed a call from Paris followed by an email which I responded to both but no answer on phone and still waiting for another call. My total losses are at least $4000 . AfterThis Uber experience I instructed my office not to ever use Uber again anywhere. A simple call or maybe a credit on bill or anything would have suffice.
Stop using them.

concernshiaa
7/14/15

How can uber company determine the effectiveness of rating their drivers by passengers? What if a driver happens to drive at night & unfortunately picks me up intoxicated who happens not to think or see clearly & I just hits the star button regardless which one. I just thick it's not fair to the drivers. Everyone have different views or opinion. Some can easily give a five or four star & some don't. For me three to four star is already a good rating. Five is perfect & no body is perfect. How can you use this star rating to determine your good drivers.

anonymousa40
7/13/15

Im a professional taxi driver aside my studies and I knew this was a total hype and nothing more. In sweden we call business like this "bondfångare" = peasants fooler. It nothing romantic or cool about fraudsters and this is what it is.

charlottel6
7/8/15

Your drivers are Horrendous! one of your imature drivers was coming Down Delph lane near the TJs pub and he was not looking wear he was going I was coming on opposite street near the woodhouse garage and your driver bumped into my van and he drove of so I saw him at the traffic lights and he said he was in a hurry to the train station but he was going the totally opposite way it is hirrendous I hope you loos business and I know your company used to be around before you used to deal drugs and perv on school kids am I right to say you had a driver in the back with a school kid so you will not get my business at all p.s no one should go through what I have been through from no one.

michaels274
7/7/15

I will not use Uber again. When we left our concert on July 4, the only available rides were at 5 times the rate. There was no indication in the app window of what our total fare would be and I NEVER would have approved $111 dollars for a twenty minute ride. There needs to be more transparency in how fares are being shown before and during a trip. If you are booking a ride on this service, check the fine print and be sure you find out what the fare will be before you get in the car. Beware of ¨dynamic pricing¨ or ¨surge pricing.¨ Nuff said, I will call a local cab from now on.

ma33144
7/7/15

I have been driving for Uber for almost 1 year. It pays decent (approx $20) hour. I drive with Uber to make money when I want and set my own schedule. No boss barking orders at me. Can't beat that. If you would like to join or just try out, then please use the following format and Uber will pay you $150 for signing up. Download Uber app on your iPhone, iPad or Android with this link:

xavierd9
7/6/15

I have driven for UBER in Kansas City for over 1 year. I have also assisted with the regulatory process by testifying in Jefferson City State House and have participated in a number of Uber charitable/community events in KC. The greater Kansas City Missouri and Kansas metropolitan area people just LOVE riding with Uber and truly appreciate the higher level of service and safety that Uber delivers over the archaic taxi services. Uber is also a very good company that treats its drivers with great respect. The Uber app for Driver Partners is simply amazing and has evolved to include trip details, earning summaries and great rewards that rival many US Fortune 100's offerings. As to earnings, Uber provides a real opportunity for drivers to make good money doing a highly rewarding job on a full-time or part-time basis. At first, Uber will enter a market with a much lower price than the taxi services to help boost the customer base but they are also smart enough to know that price increases are also necessary to reflect the higher level of service that Uber delivers while still providing personal transportation at lower prices than taxis. With the latest revolution in Kansas and Missouri Taxi Code to solidly position Uber in Kansas City for the longterm, drivers should expect to make hourly rates in excess of $30 per hour due to increased demand. It's great to see that Uber, and Uber Riders, has elevated the job of driving for personal transportation to an attractive opportunity for students, single parents, single-mothers, veterans, ex-taxi drivers and anyone who wants to sup,went their income or make a good salary on a full-time basis. THANK YOU UBER FOR PROVIDING OPPORTUNITY FOR MANY IN KANSAS CITY AND FOR MAKING PEOPLE HAPPY!!!

janel103
7/2/15

Don't get in an uber taxi. Terrible rip off.

reneec9
7/1/15

Uber is cheating it's drivers out of commission. My $50 ride went down below $20. I was charged fees with no accounting for what. My phone from Uber was shut off from from overuse, even though I paid for it. Also, now Uber claims that drivers can make up to $20 in fares. Which means drivers only receive $14 to $ 16 per hour. That is after paying for gas, car insurance, car washes, the deprecation of my new car. Bringing the true earnings $10 per hour with the driver taking all the risk. Bottom line, driving for Uber is a bad idea. Lucky, I found LYFT.
Also, Uber is doing bad business in other ways. And being investigated for money laundering. The management is going for short term high R.O.I. to make a killing when Uber goes public. Don't buy Uber stock. And don't expect to make much money driving for Uber.
It is best to stay away from Uber as a driver, rider, or invested. Uber will take your money and they have no phone line to call.

annt26
7/1/15

Called uber xl. Got exact time and location. We were at Renaissance Hotel in Raleigh. Driver texts and says he is at our location, which is is not. He says he will be at our location in 2 minutes. I watch his (lack of) movement. Finally I cancel when he faiks to arrives. Then I am charged $5 for canceling. I am canceling uber

johnj190
6/28/15

After their 20%, driver must put a side 15.3% for tax and social security, also pay for gas, maintenance and car depreciation, insurance phone service, also need to buy personal insurance or penalize at the end of the year due to Obama care and car payment, if you make $100 every 4 hours and work 12 hours with no break and lunch and no overtime pay, you tell me how much per hour you get paid, Uber is lying about $30 or $20 per hour income.

mohammeda69
6/28/15

it is unfair ilegal ,unsafe for 100 percent ,annoying inefficent stupid customer service staff in toronto. these are people who are purchasing laws to operate.must be regulated legally.

jro3
6/26/15

I was making more than $100 up to $200 per day averaging $17.50 fare each trip and 3.2 stars out if 5 when my logins were rejected as druver account not activated. I had no customer arguements or complaints except for a support email from somebody named Eric who said that based on past ratings Uber no longer will use me as a contractor. The email time stamp looked ficticious as is read 13:45 when it actally was sent at 15:45 or 3:45Pm. At 6:30pm the email completely vanished from my Imap email on both devices i had used. You will run out of data if you dint have an unlimited plan. There was so much construction that the Uber app sent me up to four miles further several times. At the same tume Uber's sever started having SERIOUS issues making their site likely under attack. Will i get my job back? Uber has NO PHONE SUPPORT WHATSOEVER. There us very turse limited message and the email support goes to different desks to someone other than the source of the problem. This on Friday the weekend of summerfest in milwaukee.
Life's not always fair but management by big business of local traffic matters is a failed experiment and should go back to communist societies that rob the priductive and hide the resulting windfall profit to the corrupted manager types who only grease the sqeeky wheeks.

leeh53
6/26/15

Uber owes me over $600. They say I must have a checking account even though they have put money in my savings account after my first complaint. I do not have a checking account. They are illegally holding my money and I am hoping to get a class action against them. Lee from Austin

sulaymany
6/23/15

Heres the way to look at Uber from a different perspective. I live in Newport Beach California, I get up about 5:00 am and hit the road. Trips to the airport are common this time of the morning. LAX trips at least 5 times a week. Before 9:00 am i have made around 50.00 Take a break until I feel like it. Drive mid to late afternoon in by 8:30 pm I just made 120.00

I average 700.00 a week x 4 equals 2800.00 Nice little addition to my V.A. disability. You have to run this as a business. You dont drive you dont get paid period end of story. If you have problems with the navigation how about changing what your using. Waze is awesome with the Uber app.
I don't see how anyone can consider this as being an employee. I work when I want to. I take off for vacation when I want to. No one is in charge of me to tell me when to drive or where to drive. And for those of you who complain about the maintenance on your car. Well, You should be keeping the maintenance on it any way. No wonder most of you got engine trouble. Using your car while working is a huge tax advantage. Oh insurance.... You are required by law to have that any way. A little extra coverage may be required but to me its worth it.

Some drivers have bad experiences with driving for Uber. If you drive in a bad area guess what you gonna get bad riders. But alas! You have control of who gets in your car. Boot em out. Say thanks but no thanks and go on about our business. I drive in a very good area and in business areas. On occasion i get a really stupid jerk wagon. Guess what? He no ride with me. Stop complaining if you peeps cant run a business and figure this Uber thing out. I m sure Chuck E Cheese has a spot for you behind the Pizza counter.

britneyr1
6/22/15

uber sucks. They suspended me, someone who has spent over 1000s in their company because I did not like their rude customer service. They also automatically send you to a higher uber car, if uberx is not available.

Tip for consumers: Don't

barbb12
6/21/15

We used über to take us to a concert in Columbus, OH. The driver there charged us $25.94. Said uber said he can charge 7 times the regular rate but he wasn't going to do that. The charge for the driver home was $148. He said he was allowed to charge 8 times the regular rate due to high demand. I personally feel that is not how you treat your customers and will never use uber again.

michellek10
6/18/15

So I haven't used Uber yet, but finally Las Vegas is allowing Uber & Lyft to come here (the taxis have blocked it for years) & so I went to their site to contact them to find out when they are coming here.

I was shocked (thought maybe I was blind) that I couldn't find their contact page.

Sure enough, THERE IS NONE!!!

What kind of company has no way to contact them???

Then I went onto their LinkedIn page to voice my disdain & they DELETED MY POST!!!

If this is how they treat customers, I hope someone brings them down.

No one online should get away with hiding behind a website, NO ONE. Especially not a company that draws such attention.

What does Uber have to hide???

johnh324
6/17/15

I am in Texas. This company illegally obtained my cc info and charged my bank account. Stopped em' cold. Sure, I shut down my card. Bank issued new one, credited my money back. Uber ain't getting $#*!. Anyone who uses this company anywhere without first reviewing them is an idiot and deserves what they get. Too many idiots being taken advantage of because, they LET it happen. Always review a company first. With as many negative reviews and, clearly, criminal actions made by this company, you're stupid to use them. Or, work for them! An app? you agreed to work for someone you never met? MORONS! Stupid is as stupid does.

charlesh82
6/13/15

The worse company in the world to get a ride from. Told us it would take longer to get a ride home, fine. They had no service for a ride home cost a ton of money to get home. Will never use this service again. Highly recommend to not use this service.

jackh70
6/12/15

Hired uber to drive to Boston Garden for concert tonight. Driver shows up on time first time driver. Did not have a clue on how to get to Boston Garden. Could get another Uber but not on time. Ended up driving in ourselves . Will use a cab from now on. Can't rely on company that doesn't know what they are doing.

jenw15
6/9/15

First of all, this company is a total fraud, they tell their drivers they make 20 an hour which is total lie, you makeless than minimum wage, you have to also factor fuel costs, wear and tear of youof car and a lot of oil changes, bottom line is this company isn't worth the trouble, please don't sign up for Uber, you only be their for few months and then deactivate you and stuck paying car payments and no job. As a passenger it's great until your credit card is abused, take a cab it's safer on you and your credit card

brittanyv3
6/9/15

I've been driving with Uber for just 3 days and made over $250 already...no lie!!! I maybe put in a total of 15 hours...that's like $17.86/hour!! It's awesome pocket money! It's also a plus if you have a vehicle that can seat more than 4 people...means more money for you! I encourage anyone to try it out...you make your own schedule...it's a win win! Use this referral code when signing up: K6C7PUE

harmonye
6/8/15

I went 12 miles and they charged me $95.00!!! WOW, I must have been on a chariot of gold and didnt realize.... wtf.

aminet
6/4/15

Get $20 in Uber credit now! (First time users only, amount depends on the area you ride ) Code: VYFVVL Code: VYFVVL *Download Uber app on iPhone, iPad or Android *Press the top left *Go to "PROMOTIONS" *Enter: VYFVVL *You will have credit in your account! You can enter the code when you book the first ride too!!

rachillr
6/4/15

Drivers were nice and receptive to directions and much cheaper than a taxi! If you wanna try Uber for free use promo code RACHILLRUE and your first ride is on me!

sandrar31
6/3/15

I used Uber on occasion and had no problem. thought they were a little high when they claim they are cheaper than a taxi. The problem arouse this week. Twice I had to take Uber from my business to my home a distance of 12 miles. First time came to $47.00. Second time to $51.00. Really? why the difference of $5.00. It's not like my house moved or anything. The final straw came yesterday. I am a property manager for a air bnb host which does short term rentals for guests who want to visit Philly for 3 -6 days. It reained yesterday, and being unsuccessful in getting a cab, I contacted Uber. Oh the driver showed up, took one look at all the stuff I was bringing back and immediately canceled the job. Uber said it would try and find another car for me, which it never did. I ended up calling a friend to come and get me. Beware of this company

shivikas
6/1/15

I have to say this is going to be my first and last time I ever use this service. I am going to be writing on every site possible about the terrible scam that is UBER cabs! Claim to be the cheapest but on the night out at 2am when we were trying to book it wouldn't let us change the surcharge and anything less than 2.4 wouldn't get accepted. As a customer being my first time with uber and trusting that it should still be cheap I booked. Only to realise I ended up paying £102 for a ride which has never been more than £40!!!! Biggest biggest scam ever and never ever am I gonna use this service! After complaining that the driver took a bad route I was given an email saying the estimate was rigt??? Maybe uber should check facts! Never has a cab ride from London to Harrow costed me more than 40! Worst company ever!!they claim that they give an estimate of the fare! Don't be fooled no such thing happened! The next thing we know is driver is on his way and once we get home we receive the huge a** receipt! STAY AWAY!

raquelh1
5/28/15

Not only is "UBER" car service a fraud but actions that are allowed by its passengers are criminal!!! Recently, my friends son was jumped by passengers riding in an "UBER" vehicle. When the incident happened I couldn't believe a "reputable" car
Service would allow such criminal acts and not file a report. So sad...

babrup
5/26/15

UBER is big big FRAUD company. As a driver,,, please do not sign for uber. They trying to attract the people by offering cell phones, cars by collecting the monthly payments are three times of actual companies. If anyone has taken vehicle and phone thru uber.....their life is going to end so soon.
No contact numbers, uber app mileage is different than actual distance.
No proper management.

stefaniad
5/23/15

I thought this was very practical until my card was fraudulently charged twice tonight and I discovered how ridiculously difficult it is to do anything about it! I saw the ride come up and cancelled the first one, but I got charged anyway because it was cancelled at the last minute - to the tune of £17! I emailed UBER support right away but they are not available during the late night, it seems. I have changed my password and sent another email asking to delete my account but am afraid I will get charged again despite it all. Why is it not possible to take the credit card off the site? I don't want to go through the hassle of cancelling my card when it's just an UBER problem. If the site just offered that option I wouldn't be deleting my account. But now I'm totally turned off UBER and will stop using them asap.

curtissw
5/22/15

I am happy that I did not use your service this past Wednesday, as your past Users (Feedback) shows that your Company is a Scam, abusing the Users Credit Cards with your continuous multiple Credit Billings to their Credit Cards.

joef51
5/22/15

They have fraudulently charged my card 8 times before I could cancel card. Can't get anyone at uber to talk to... email only. My personal opinion is it's a c/c scam company.

rooz1
5/20/15

Don't waste your money on inexperienced drivers and lousy service. It is not convenient as you think; once they have your credit card they will bill you no matter what. Avoid this scam; use normal regulated taxi service.

jayf20
5/20/15

US Department of Justice is launching a criminal investigation on credit card abuse and other fraudulent cases on the U ber corporation

ashishg4
5/20/15

They suddenly blocked my account. Will no respond to emails or tell me why.

richarde19
5/18/15

You're probably fine until you try to switch your user ID account - it is tied to your phone number forever, and Uber does not respond to online support requests, and there is no phone number to call. I tried three times to get them to resolve the problem, and they just ignored my email responses.

kimberlyw16
5/16/15

crappy company, should be zero stars, treating drivers poorly will get you no where, no wonder your turnover rates are 65 percent and climbing, sooner or later you won't have any drivers come pick up your customers, America needs to wake up smell coffee and learn that i bet is one big Fraud!

mikes292
5/14/15

The City of Dallas is supporting fraud companies like Uber and Lyft, Shame on you City of Dallas!!!:(

matthewg25
5/14/15

This company is total fraud to its drivers, the rating system is unfair, 4.6 and lower will get you deactivated which is insane, too strict, another is the fares are way too low, you cant make a decent living and more and more drivers coming in its getting harder and harded to any living, the ceo is a lier and a fraud

markl121
5/14/15

I have been driving for uber for a month now. Nothing but incredibly awesome experiences. Both with the uber staff and the riders. Yes there are surges at times when their are more people needing us then drivers available. I find the social aspect very rewarding Im satisfied just be smart about it and its a win win situation. Remember don't get crazy with your income from it. Take into consideration you have to pay taxes and car maintainence. I absolutely love it...
Leighton

kathyf19
5/14/15

Had created profile 4 mos ago, hoping to use out of Harrisburg PA, yet Uber not set up yet. Came out of getting massage, checked email & noted receipt for ENGLAND today !!! How did they get my profile, use my encrypted Capitol One, which they are now partnering with,
I go into store, leave my phone in car & uber driver in England has called my cell 4x, looking for me! No customer service number to call, left emails with everyone & tried to purge my account of all my info. UBER. Never!!!

23 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Uber staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Uber will be out of business in the City of Austin soon
4/3/15
Answer
okonkwoo
A: Uber is in Texas to stay. They are changing the livery business through changing the laws. They have been working with two law makers that are helping them. They have already changed the laws enough to allow Uberx, UberXL, UberSELECT and UberBlack to pick passengers from Love field Airport. Theyare working hard currently to make it possible to pick from DFW by August/September this year.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I am new to the uber world. I have a daughter in law that will be performing her rotation in texas. We live in west fort worth, tx and she will be assigned in Plano, tx. There is a tremendous amount of construction in the plano area. We wanted to see if she could ride the train to plano and then call uber to get her the 3 miles she needs to travel to her location. She would obviously need this at the end of the day as well. Is there anyway to set up a pick up and drop off for everyday she needs it?
4/6/15
Answer
okonkwoo
A: Uber is extremely good for riders. A 3 mile ride in Dallas will probably cost you $4.00. It is not so good for the drivers. Especially with Uber not allowing tips.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Photos for Uber