US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

alisaa1

Unfortunately though, I recently had a bad experience with a driver and the customer service was worse. (in 11 reviews)

patu2

25% off their ride fee, corporate made up the difference to the driver. (in 67 reviews)

jakew25

You can receive $100 after sign up type in my referral code: 1W99G. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

janel103
7/2/15

Don't get in an uber taxi. Terrible rip off.

reneec9
7/1/15

Uber is cheating it's drivers out of commission. My $50 ride went down below $20. I was charged fees with no accounting for what. My phone from Uber was shut off from from overuse, even though I paid for it. Also, now Uber claims that drivers can make up to $20 in fares. Which means drivers only receive $14 to $ 16 per hour. That is after paying for gas, car insurance, car washes, the deprecation of my new car. Bringing the true earnings $10 per hour with the driver taking all the risk. Bottom line, driving for Uber is a bad idea. Lucky, I found LYFT.
Also, Uber is doing bad business in other ways. And being investigated for money laundering. The management is going for short term high R.O.I. to make a killing when Uber goes public. Don't buy Uber stock. And don't expect to make much money driving for Uber.
It is best to stay away from Uber as a driver, rider, or invested. Uber will take your money and they have no phone line to call.

annt26
7/1/15

Called uber xl. Got exact time and location. We were at Renaissance Hotel in Raleigh. Driver texts and says he is at our location, which is is not. He says he will be at our location in 2 minutes. I watch his (lack of) movement. Finally I cancel when he faiks to arrives. Then I am charged $5 for canceling. I am canceling uber

johnj190
6/28/15

After their 20%, driver must put a side 15.3% for tax and social security, also pay for gas, maintenance and car depreciation, insurance phone service, also need to buy personal insurance or penalize at the end of the year due to Obama care, if you make $100 every 4 hours and work 12 hours with no break and lunch and no overtime pay, you tell me how much per hour you get paid, Uber is lying about $30 or $20 per hour income.

mohammeda69
6/28/15

it is unfair ilegal ,unsafe for 100 percent ,annoying inefficent stupid customer service staff in toronto. these are people who are purchasing laws to operate.must be regulated legally.

jro3
6/26/15

I was making more than $100 up to $200 per day averaging $17.50 fare each trip and 3.2 stars out if 5 when my logins were rejected as druver account not activated. I had no customer arguements or complaints except for a support email from somebody named Eric who said that based on past ratings Uber no longer will use me as a contractor. The email time stamp looked ficticious as is read 13:45 when it actally was sent at 15:45 or 3:45Pm. At 6:30pm the email completely vanished from my Imap email on both devices i had used. You will run out of data if you dint have an unlimited plan. There was so much construction that the Uber app sent me up to four miles further several times. At the same tume Uber's sever started having SERIOUS issues making their site likely under attack. Will i get my job back? Uber has NO PHONE SUPPORT WHATSOEVER. There us very turse limited message and the email support goes to different desks to someone other than the source of the problem. This on Friday the weekend of summerfest in milwaukee.
Life's not always fair but management by big business of local traffic matters is a failed experiment and should go back to communist societies that rob the priductive and hide the resulting windfall profit to the corrupted manager types who only grease the sqeeky wheeks.

leeh53
6/26/15

Uber owes me over $600. They say I must have a checking account even though they have put money in my savings account after my first complaint. I do not have a checking account. They are illegally holding my money and I am hoping to get a class action against them. Lee from Austin

sulaymany
6/23/15

Heres the way to look at Uber from a different perspective. I live in Newport Beach California, I get up about 5:00 am and hit the road. Trips to the airport are common this time of the morning. LAX trips at least 5 times a week. Before 9:00 am i have made around 50.00 Take a break until I feel like it. Drive mid to late afternoon in by 8:30 pm I just made 120.00

I average 700.00 a week x 4 equals 2800.00 Nice little addition to my V.A. disability. You have to run this as a business. You dont drive you dont get paid period end of story. If you have problems with the navigation how about changing what your using. Waze is awesome with the Uber app.
I don't see how anyone can consider this as being an employee. I work when I want to. I take off for vacation when I want to. No one is in charge of me to tell me when to drive or where to drive. And for those of you who complain about the maintenance on your car. Well, You should be keeping the maintenance on it any way. No wonder most of you got engine trouble. Using your car while working is a huge tax advantage. Oh insurance.... You are required by law to have that any way. A little extra coverage may be required but to me its worth it.

Some drivers have bad experiences with driving for Uber. If you drive in a bad area guess what you gonna get bad riders. But alas! You have control of who gets in your car. Boot em out. Say thanks but no thanks and go on about our business. I drive in a very good area and in business areas. On occasion i get a really stupid jerk wagon. Guess what? He no ride with me. Stop complaining if you peeps cant run a business and figure this Uber thing out. I m sure Chuck E Cheese has a spot for you behind the Pizza counter.

britneyr1
6/22/15

Uber is the worst, from taking holds EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to get a uber, to deeming my paypal invalid(it has money on it), to charging a hold every single time I try to make it see I do have money and still end up with no uber and get 5 dollars off my paypal account. Uber also will automatically direct you to a higher uber service if there is no other uberx cars available to pick you up. If this has happened to anyone else please contact me at Leolabrit@gmail.com. I want to gather enough people to make a lawsuit.

Tip for consumers: Don't use lyft.

barbb12
6/21/15

We used über to take us to a concert in Columbus, OH. The driver there charged us $25.94. Said uber said he can charge 7 times the regular rate but he wasn't going to do that. The charge for the driver home was $148. He said he was allowed to charge 8 times the regular rate due to high demand. I personally feel that is not how you treat your customers and will never use uber again.

michellek10
6/18/15

So I haven't used Uber yet, but finally Las Vegas is allowing Uber & Lyft to come here (the taxis have blocked it for years) & so I went to their site to contact them to find out when they are coming here.

I was shocked (thought maybe I was blind) that I couldn't find their contact page.

Sure enough, THERE IS NONE!!!

What kind of company has no way to contact them???

Then I went onto their LinkedIn page to voice my disdain & they DELETED MY POST!!!

If this is how they treat customers, I hope someone brings them down.

No one online should get away with hiding behind a website, NO ONE. Especially not a company that draws such attention.

What does Uber have to hide???

johnh324
6/17/15

I am in Texas. This company illegally obtained my cc info and charged my bank account. Stopped em' cold. Sure, I shut down my card. Bank issued new one, credited my money back. Uber ain't getting $#*!. Anyone who uses this company anywhere without first reviewing them is an idiot and deserves what they get. Too many idiots being taken advantage of because, they LET it happen. Always review a company first. With as many negative reviews and, clearly, criminal actions made by this company, you're stupid to use them. Or, work for them! An app? you agreed to work for someone you never met? MORONS! Stupid is as stupid does.

charlesh82
6/13/15

The worse company in the world to get a ride from. Told us it would take longer to get a ride home, fine. They had no service for a ride home cost a ton of money to get home. Will never use this service again. Highly recommend to not use this service.

jackh70
6/12/15

Hired uber to drive to Boston Garden for concert tonight. Driver shows up on time first time driver. Did not have a clue on how to get to Boston Garden. Could get another Uber but not on time. Ended up driving in ourselves . Will use a cab from now on. Can't rely on company that doesn't know what they are doing.

jenw15
6/9/15

First of all, this company is a total fraud, they tell their drivers they make 20 an hour which is total lie, you makeless than minimum wage, you have to also factor fuel costs, wear and tear of youof car and a lot of oil changes, bottom line is this company isn't worth the trouble, please don't sign up for Uber, you only be their for few months and then deactivate you and stuck paying car payments and no job. As a passenger it's great until your credit card is abused, take a cab it's safer on you and your credit card

brittanyv3
6/9/15

I've been driving with Uber for just 3 days and made over $250 already...no lie!!! I maybe put in a total of 15 hours...that's like $17.86/hour!! It's awesome pocket money! It's also a plus if you have a vehicle that can seat more than 4 people...means more money for you! I encourage anyone to try it out...you make your own schedule...it's a win win! Use this referral code when signing up: K6C7PUE

harmonye
6/8/15

I went 12 miles and they charged me $95.00!!! WOW, I must have been on a chariot of gold and didnt realize.... wtf.

aminet
6/4/15

Get $20 in Uber credit now! (First time users only, amount depends on the area you ride ) Code: VYFVVL Code: VYFVVL *Download Uber app on iPhone, iPad or Android *Press the top left *Go to "PROMOTIONS" *Enter: VYFVVL *You will have credit in your account! You can enter the code when you book the first ride too!!

rachillr
6/4/15

Drivers were nice and receptive to directions and much cheaper than a taxi! If you wanna try Uber for free use promo code RACHILLRUE and your first ride is on me!

sandrar31
6/3/15

I used Uber on occasion and had no problem. thought they were a little high when they claim they are cheaper than a taxi. The problem arouse this week. Twice I had to take Uber from my business to my home a distance of 12 miles. First time came to $47.00. Second time to $51.00. Really? why the difference of $5.00. It's not like my house moved or anything. The final straw came yesterday. I am a property manager for a air bnb host which does short term rentals for guests who want to visit Philly for 3 -6 days. It reained yesterday, and being unsuccessful in getting a cab, I contacted Uber. Oh the driver showed up, took one look at all the stuff I was bringing back and immediately canceled the job. Uber said it would try and find another car for me, which it never did. I ended up calling a friend to come and get me. Beware of this company

shivikas
6/1/15

I have to say this is going to be my first and last time I ever use this service. I am going to be writing on every site possible about the terrible scam that is UBER cabs! Claim to be the cheapest but on the night out at 2am when we were trying to book it wouldn't let us change the surcharge and anything less than 2.4 wouldn't get accepted. As a customer being my first time with uber and trusting that it should still be cheap I booked. Only to realise I ended up paying £102 for a ride which has never been more than £40!!!! Biggest biggest scam ever and never ever am I gonna use this service! After complaining that the driver took a bad route I was given an email saying the estimate was rigt??? Maybe uber should check facts! Never has a cab ride from London to Harrow costed me more than 40! Worst company ever!!they claim that they give an estimate of the fare! Don't be fooled no such thing happened! The next thing we know is driver is on his way and once we get home we receive the huge a** receipt! STAY AWAY!

raquelh1
5/28/15

Not only is "UBER" car service a fraud but actions that are allowed by its passengers are criminal!!! Recently, my friends son was jumped by passengers riding in an "UBER" vehicle. When the incident happened I couldn't believe a "reputable" car
Service would allow such criminal acts and not file a report. So sad...

babrup
5/26/15

UBER is big big FRAUD company. As a driver,,, please do not sign for uber. They trying to attract the people by offering cell phones, cars by collecting the monthly payments are three times of actual companies. If anyone has taken vehicle and phone thru uber.....their life is going to end so soon.
No contact numbers, uber app mileage is different than actual distance.
No proper management.

stefaniad
5/23/15

I thought this was very practical until my card was fraudulently charged twice tonight and I discovered how ridiculously difficult it is to do anything about it! I saw the ride come up and cancelled the first one, but I got charged anyway because it was cancelled at the last minute - to the tune of £17! I emailed UBER support right away but they are not available during the late night, it seems. I have changed my password and sent another email asking to delete my account but am afraid I will get charged again despite it all. Why is it not possible to take the credit card off the site? I don't want to go through the hassle of cancelling my card when it's just an UBER problem. If the site just offered that option I wouldn't be deleting my account. But now I'm totally turned off UBER and will stop using them asap.

curtissw
5/22/15

I am happy that I did not use your service this past Wednesday, as your past Users (Feedback) shows that your Company is a Scam, abusing the Users Credit Cards with your continuous multiple Credit Billings to their Credit Cards.

joef51
5/22/15

They have fraudulently charged my card 8 times before I could cancel card. Can't get anyone at uber to talk to... email only. My personal opinion is it's a c/c scam company.

rooz1
5/20/15

Don't waste your money on inexperienced drivers and lousy service. It is not convenient as you think; once they have your credit card they will bill you no matter what. Avoid this scam; use normal regulated taxi service.

jayf20
5/20/15

US Department of Justice is launching a criminal investigation on credit card abuse and other fraudulent cases on the U ber corporation

ashishg4
5/20/15

They suddenly blocked my account. Will no respond to emails or tell me why.

richarde19
5/18/15

You're probably fine until you try to switch your user ID account - it is tied to your phone number forever, and Uber does not respond to online support requests, and there is no phone number to call. I tried three times to get them to resolve the problem, and they just ignored my email responses.

kimberlyw16
5/16/15

crappy company, should be zero stars, treating drivers poorly will get you no where, no wonder your turnover rates are 65 percent and climbing, sooner or later you won't have any drivers come pick up your customers, America needs to wake up smell coffee and learn that i bet is one big Fraud!

mikes292
5/14/15

The City of Dallas is supporting fraud companies like Uber and Lyft, Shame on you City of Dallas!!!:(

matthewg25
5/14/15

This company is total fraud to its drivers, the rating system is unfair, 4.6 and lower will get you deactivated which is insane, too strict, another is the fares are way too low, you cant make a decent living and more and more drivers coming in its getting harder and harded to any living, the ceo is a lier and a fraud

markl121
5/14/15

I have been driving for uber for a month now. Nothing but incredibly awesome experiences. Both with the uber staff and the riders. Yes there are surges at times when their are more people needing us then drivers available. I find the social aspect very rewarding Im satisfied just be smart about it and its a win win situation. Remember don't get crazy with your income from it. Take into consideration you have to pay taxes and car maintainence. I absolutely love it...
Leighton

kathyf19
5/14/15

Had created profile 4 mos ago, hoping to use out of Harrisburg PA, yet Uber not set up yet. Came out of getting massage, checked email & noted receipt for ENGLAND today !!! How did they get my profile, use my encrypted Capitol One, which they are now partnering with,
I go into store, leave my phone in car & uber driver in England has called my cell 4x, looking for me! No customer service number to call, left emails with everyone & tried to purge my account of all my info. UBER. Never!!!

ravij6
5/13/15

Uber blocked my account as soon as i put money in my paytm account saying that this account is linked with some other account. And in support mails, there is always a common system generated mail. Worst service ever seen...

jannieb1
5/13/15

I tried Uber, it was relatively quick and 10 pounds cheaper.

paigesl
5/11/15

I was heading for a party, so I thought I would give Uber a try, I heard about people riding in fancy cars. I was surprised to see a black Tesla up my front door. I hopped in, and waddled out in-style at the party.

emaf2
5/10/15

I booked a ride from Radisson blu Tonk road to Nahargarh fort in Jaipur in India. While booking the ride, both pick up and drop points were specified.

Even when we hopped in the cab, we told the driver specifically that we need a drop to nahargarh fort.

However, when we reached amber road just at the bottom point to Nahargarg and jaigarh fort (both on same way) the driver stopped and said this is the last point. He refused to drop us to the fort (any nearby fort). He asked us to get down at a point where there was absolutely no other transport service. It was scorching hot and disturbing. He did not move from that place. He said officially, this is the last point and we are not permitted to go beyond this point. A local auto fellow came and said he can give us a ride.

We kept requesting the driver to drop us till the fort but he said we are not allowed to go beyond this point. He said beyond this point he can take personally and asked us to pay him Rs. 300 just to drop us till the nahargarh fort gate. We repeatedly told him to drop us to the fort gate but he refused and said either we should get down here (point which was 9kms before the fort gate) or pay him 300 and go. He also asked us to decide fast as the waiting meter is running and we are being charged for it.

We were left with no choice but to get down in the middle of no where. We also did it because of anger and disappointment. Luckily, we found the auto guy whom we anyways had to pay Rs.500.

We felt cheated and harassed. This is absolutely wrong work ethics and I am extremely disappointed with uber service because of today's experience.

I would also like to bring to your notice that the invoice that I have been sent, I have been charged Rs.200 entry fee for amber fort which I never went to.

It seems the uber app is still not able to track and locate its vehicles pick and drop locations.

Having a female co-passenger the driver should also be careful and not drop us in a deserted location.

I am extremely angry and I want to give negative rating to the driver as well as the uber services.

johni201
5/6/15

operating outside the law cars without insurance drivers sexually assault passenger's surge manipulated by drivers. Theivesbanned almost everywhere except where there are bent officials check out on twitter #ubered see for yourselves your not safe oh and they have been hacked and customer details are sold on the web. No phone number to contact them if you use them your a mug gave them 1 star because there isn't a minus 1000000 button

vijayp5
5/6/15

I promoted Uber with my friends and gave free trips, I used more trips with money initially. At the time of using free trips, Uber disable all the free trips and not providing proper answer for their task. They are saying like promoting uber is your big mistake

carlosb26
5/4/15

I have used Uber four times now. Every time I use Uber I have had an excellent experience. The drivers are professional and the cars are nice. You get what you pay for and I will never take a taxi again. It's Uber all the way

plumberj
4/30/15

This is the U.S. Who want to do business with a company based here that uses cars from Japan? Import buyers have destroyed out country.

kr1957
4/24/15

I Took an uber from one location to another I was totally overcharged. When I got out of the uberwhen I realized I forgot my wallet. When we called The driver he dropped it off with $240 missing out of it. When I called to complain to uber they basically completely ignored me and said it was his word against mine. We spoke with the Uber driver in detail and asked him to return the $240 and he basically said no. We have made a police report and are following up and hopefully will get some results. A lesson learned take a taxi instead of an Uber.

Tip for consumers: Take a taxi

dysheenad
4/21/15

My uber driver was on his phone, driving very slow, incompetent of following directions. It was almost as if he didn't care (he most likely doesn't care with these rules of habits) over all I'm never using this service again unless its on someone else's dime!!!

jeffb108
4/15/15

Its been over 2 weeks since I made numerous trips that I STILL have yet to be paid for. There is no human to get ahold of to complain to. They just send you a default email telling you that they're looking into it, and thats the end of it. Worse customer support than Time Warner Cable! Im done wasting my time and gas with this half-assed, poorly managed, joke of a company. I look forward to the day they get shut down for some illegal business doings.

santoshd1
4/13/15

They have wiped out my account balance without giving any appropriate reason of 8 Free rides earned by me. Further, they have sent mail to share the apps. On the contrary, they lapse the rides without giving sufficient reason.

chrisb166
4/10/15

I used the service just a couple of times with my girlfriend. Its seems convenient, cool, modern, and safe. I decided to drive with them and see how that would pan out. The site was easy enough, pretty straight forward. everything IS AUTOMATED SO YOU GO WITH IT. The background check seemed extensive enough. I received 3-4 different reports. At first you think " my goodness, what are they searching for?"

I drove with them for 3 days, I started to feel like something was off. It was TOO EASY< TOO CONVENIENT. then during a morning pickup, the app ( Uberpartner app for drivers) stopped working. No warning, no nothing! Then, I tried to log out then back into the account...... this message followed; " Your driver account has not been activated" I drove using the app for 3 days, how is that possible??!!!! Again, no warning, no explanation, and certainly NO PAYMENT for my work yet.

They seem to hide behind the convenience of the internet so you can't actually "reach" them which to me means NO ACCOUNTABILITY whatsoever.

There have been a few rapes reported, banned in different countries and cities.....and nothing seems to happen...no statements and when they do make one.....its very VAGUE..... I absolutely will never use that (so-called-service) again....

richardo19
4/6/15

While on vacation to Miami in Jan 2015, I decided to try Uber since taxis can be quite expensive. I downloaded the app and filled out all necessary information. Little did I know that one of their drivers would scam me and Uber condones this behavior.
My friend she lives in North Miami and we were going to South Beach. I ordered an Uber (Uber X showed up) for pick-up at approximately 9pm. North Miami to South Beach was $18.39. No problem with this fare.Got out of the Infinity SUV and we were on our way.Fast forward to two days later when I receive an email from Uber saying they made a fare adjustment. An adjustment in the amount of $175 for a cleaning fee. The driver filed an incident report with photos included stating I vomited in his vehicle. Photos that have no time or date stamps. There was no incident, his report is false. I have a witness who will attest that no incident occurred. I'm still disputing the charge in the amount of $175. Uber thinks it fine to allow one of their drivers file a false incident report against a customer and condones his dishonest behavior. Way to value your customers Uber!!

michelles81
4/1/15

I have had THEE worst experiences with Uber. If they are not driving past me and then charging me a cancellation fee, driving recklessly with my kids in the car, barely speaking English, or purposely driving out the way to increase the fare. I also had a driver that was supposed to take me to the Southwest terminal at Ronald Reagan. He drove passed the terminal and almost out of the airport. When I asked him where he was going he started driving in reverse in busy rush hour airport traffic. I then told him to stop at which point he told me to get out his car and left me, my fiancee, and our bags in the middle of the street. The pictures below are screenshots of the fares I took from my hotel to the San Diego Convention Center. The first one is the fastest and correct way to get to the Convention Center. The second photo clearly shows the twist and turns the driver took and then when I complained told me to get out and I had to walk the rest of the way! From where my hotel was all the driver had to do was drive straight down West Ash and then make a left on Harbor.

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Uber staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Uber will be out of business in the City of Austin soon
4/3/15
Answer
panchitog
A: I really dont know; but ehat i know is that travis cartel is fetting tooo many law suit of all kind every where and is banned in many countrys, citys and countys
At thus point i got my doubts if Travis woult get the IPO with all the scandals and ugly complains is dacing right now
4/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I am new to the uber world. I have a daughter in law that will be performing her rotation in texas. We live in west fort worth, tx and she will be assigned in Plano, tx. There is a tremendous amount of construction in the plano area. We wanted to see if she could ride the train to plano and then call uber to get her the 3 miles she needs to travel to her location. She would obviously need this at the end of the day as well. Is there anyway to set up a pick up and drop off for everyday she needs it?
4/6/15
Answer
plumberj
A: I've heard that many drivers want cash plus oral
4/30/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Photos for Uber