US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

patu2

25% off their ride fee, corporate made up the difference to the driver. (in 23 reviews)

alisaa1

Unfortunately though, I recently had a bad experience with a driver and the customer service was worse. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

arts28
11/27/14

Why are uberX cars with license plates from other states allowed to pick up in the city of Denver, Colorado. We have over 20,000 homeless and 35 percent of our jobs pay 8 or 9 dollars an hour. Take care of your own people before letting uninsured unknown outsiders pick up your woman and children,Colorado. What the hell? UberX needs to go!

lt21
11/25/14

Rape culture. Enough said.

sheilaa10
11/24/14

In short, $#*! Uber. On Groupon you can get $25 worth of Sidecar credit for $5. Yeah. Your welcome :)

pattyj2
11/22/14

I think their app needs some work. Used service 2 times in FL both times hard to work app. Also think I got bed bugs from their vehicle. Do not use Uber

garyb82
11/21/14

My fault for NOT researching better... Uber has ZERO customer service.. Imagine to my surprise, NO numbers to call customer support with a problem.. NO way to cancel service online... NOT any advice about how to cancel service ... NO ride verification. With all the negative responses that I am seeing everywhere online, I will be surprised if they are still in business for long... Pitiful excuse for a company... Typical GREED! Only in America, and now international... This company redefines the meaning of BUYER BEWARE!

justinl44
11/17/14

Firstly there is the service. One day you might get a ride with someone who speaks the same language as you and is driving a clean vehicle that isn't dented, rusting or doesn't stink like the 9th circle of hell inside but that will be a RARE day if you ever do. Secondly, If you find yourself outside of their preferred pick up areas, you are not going to get a ride or you will wait longer than you wold have for a taxi or legal rideshare. Third, THERE IS NO INSURANCE. Uber is falsely advertising that they actually have insurance, their TOS page invalidates any and all coverage for you once you get in the vehicle. Fourth, their surge pricing scam is obviously NOT about a lack of supply or demand or they wouldn't be dropping the surge price once a few of their drivers have picked up people at THREE times the normal rate in the same area. It is a method of keeping their vehicles in one area so Uber can collect more fees from their drivers. It has nothing to do with customer service or actual demand and it destroys the green factor of the service as it puts twice as many vehicles on the road than would be needed. This isn't even a real rideshare company. It is just a crappy point to point service. If you do not care about your own safety or the safety of those you travel with or the planet, this is the service for you.

panchitog
11/13/14

Thanks to this blog
Uber is depresiating the cab industry by a 60% or more, and just for the record; let me inform you that due to your stupideness the american people is loosing the culture to tip for services in this country. Im just waiting the day to go to a restaurant and the waitress tell me: "it is ok sir, you dont need to tip me, the tip is already include in your bill" and she pretending to be somebody very wealthy doing that just for fun loopoool
I dont know if this is good for the economy of our nation , when the cost of living is strathosferic
But dear Uberyans you can keep living believing that you are a genius leaving this great legacy to this industry
For me what happen with this people that hook with this scam and their horrible experiences is completly irrelevant; my concern is the terrebly damage they are doing to the taxi cab industry

chicor2
11/13/14

I have had nothing but good service and affordable, it saves me up to 25% over normal cab fares!

arrestingu
11/7/14

Uber is ILLEGAL in pst markets with UberX - UnAmerican - UnAustralian - UnSafe - UnLicensed - UnInsured...

I am so affronted I have started effecting citizens arrests of illegal UberX drivers - funny thing is that Uber GM's won't tai me up on my challenge to drive an UberX and sue me if I am doing the wrong thing! EVERY arrest upheld by police

Uber going against the entire legal system - Uber is NOT above the law!

UberPensions
UberPub
UberFinancial

etc is a possibility if they thwart the courts - they terrorise goats into submission (Where goats have succumbed - or have they bribed key people?

Has the world gone mad - if we wanted anarchy we could do that without Uber..

So you TAX dodging criminal enterprise... watch your valuation plummet as the truth hits more and more people...

The TRUTH HURTS Uber!

Follow @arrestinguber - they are in for the fight of their life and one they never expected!

Tip for consumers: Dig deeper!

joet42
11/6/14

Total ripoff. $165 for a four mile ride on Halloween after being quoted $53 on the app. Even the driver assured us it was a mistake and that the price would be adjusted when we contacted uber. we contacted them, they did nothing!!! just some cut and pasted broad bull$#*! reply. I wish I could give them zero stars. What a scam. NEVER USE UBER EVER!!!!!

halig
11/5/14

They also charged me over $100 on Halloween night for a 10 minute drive. If I would have know the surge charge would have been this much I would have called a different cab service. What's interesting is that same night we got a different Uber driver and they did not have a surge charge. So I'm guessing it's up to the ass hole driver. But regardless I will not be using Uber ever again. I'm a poor college student who was just trying to be responsible on Halloween night and not drink and drive. But $114 cab rides I cannot afford. Don't take uber. Call lyft, discount cab, or any other service.

candacer3
11/4/14

UBER is a SCAM w/ there surge explosions. I took Uber on Hallowen and was given a pe-quote of $20-$40.. You can imagine my surprise when I saw a charge of $136.40 to my bank acct. I tried to dispute this cost but I was basically told I was SOL. I will never recommend UBER to anyone, I will never use UBER ever again and I will use the old fashioned way to travel if I am going to party......VIA TAXI CAB.. BTW I think UBER creates their own high demand times as I was charged the $136.40 at 7:30 pm and for the ride home at 12:30 am only cost $32.99 HHMMMMMMM.....I hope this company fold and goes under as they are ripping innocent people off....and if you work for UBER you are at fault too... If the CEO had any balls he would get on the phone and tell vryone what a scam UBER is.... Hey UBER what if I didn't have that money in my account... I'm al for a class action lawsuit against UBER.

catherineb17
11/3/14

Raleigh, NC: My son was overcharged by Uber on 10/31 as well. A drive from downtown Raleigh to near Crabtree Mall cost at $108! The pricing was not at all clear when they got in the car. It was only when the receipt was emailed to him that he realized the fare was so high! Tonight (11/03) on WRAL 11 PM news there will be a story on Uber overcharging passengers. Let's all speak up and teach these companies that they cannot take unfair advantage of riders!

victoriay1
11/3/14

F*ck Uber. They have horrible business ethics and refuse to take any accountability for their actions. They are on par with rapists because they surge prices at peak times when people are the most drunk and most likely to misunderstand something and they take advantage of people's drunkenness to rob them of their money. Not only that, they refuse to accept the fact that they made a mistake and they refuse to fix it. They charged me a surge price and I never accepted it. Nothing ever appeared on my phone screen giving me the option to accept or deny the surge. No matter how drunk I am, I would have denied the surge and walked home or gotten another taxi service.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE UBER. USE LYFT OR A LOCAL CAB COMPANY WITH GOOD BUSINESS ETHICS.

kimm68
11/2/14

Raleigh, NC - My daughter was charged $193 to go 5 miles Halloween night!!! I understand increasing the rate during high demand times but this was almost 10x the normal rate. She thought she was agreeing to 9.8% additional fee NOT 9.8 x the regular rate....lesson learned NO MORE UBER! Yellow cabs will be getting her business.

chloea8
10/29/14

I download the app last year in Rhode Island and maybe used 4 rides. After being overcharged COUNTLESS times I quickly deleted the app. I have not downloaded their app since or have associated myself with Uber and they STILL overcharge me EVERY SINGLE DAY I get another charge!! I deleted the app LAST WINTER and it charges me EVERY DAY for charges of $5.00, $5.18, $5.23, $6.85, $9.30 WHICH CAN REALLY ADD UP! I am a college student and they are TAKING MY MONEY STILL!!! No phone line doesn't help either. I've been e-mailing them the past couple days and they are still ignoring me.

DO NOT EVER USE THIS APP IT IS A SCAM AND YOU WILL LOSE MONEY SLOWLY AND SECRETLY THEY KEEP CHARGING YOU. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO.

Tip for consumers: COLLEGE STUDENTS

christopherl29
10/25/14

Website sucks- needs to updated.After wasting an entire day just trying to get my account "activated" by them, I was told my VISA Debit card was deemed no good! They claim I have a prepaid card. It is not a prepaid card. It is a VISA DEBIT card from my bank! I wouldn't use UBER even if they fixed all their flaws on the website now. They literally wasted an entire day of my life that I can't get back! I'll stick with the taxi service that has never let me down. Saving a few dollars isn't worth all the nonsense I just went through.

okonkwoo
10/22/14

Driving for Uber sucks! They have lured many people to buy cars for which they pay ungodly sums per week. Yet they are reducing the drivers pay. Security fee is still one dollar per ride. Charges per mile used to be a $1.48 now it is $1.25. Twenty percent of which belongs to Uber. Driver also pays $10.00 per month for Uber phone gave which you can use for nothing else but Uber apps. Yet passengers are discouraged from tipping the drivers. If for instance you bought a car through Uber, you might have anywhere from $200 to $350 payment per week. How on earth could you make it except by sleeping on the road how safe is it? Plus you have to maintain your car, and buy gas. It is an example of a business that is built to exploitation and false advertising. I challenge Uber to buy their own cars and pay driver's and lets see if they can charge so low. Unfortunately people get sucked in with the promise of $20 pay off per hour. It is pure lie! If you must drive for Uber, be sure to do it on part time basis, and NEVER take a loan to buy a car from them. You will find your self with a yoke you will be unable to carry. The transportation industry trives on tips why would Uber not allow it? So they can draw more rides with a promise of small cost for riding on good cars. Come on Uber! Tips keep the drones working. You get your cut and your drones get to keep body and soul together. Giving the standards you expect from your drivers, you should at least pay them enough to buy black pants, white shirts, black ties and black jackets if not be able to eat. Shame on you Uber! Exploitation is a crime against humanity. I am one of those who got suckered into buying a car through Uber. Now I have to find another means of paying for a car I can hardly afford. Uber ostensibly have reduced rates so that drivers would earn more. No, it is so that Uber will earn more. Uber has not reduced the your security fee, neither have Uber reduced their cut, 20%. Uber drivers get calls and drive for twenty minutes to pick a fare that would ride for 4 minutes. Each time this happens, Uber pockets $1.60, while the poor driver pockets $2.40, for 24 minutes of work plus gas, and wear and tear on the vehicle. This makes his earning about $5.00 per hour. Assuming he gets two and one-half rides per hour. From which he must pay your $10.00 per month, his full coverage insurance, gas, oil changes, tires, etc. Driving for Uber sucks big time!

alisaa1
10/16/14

Overall, I have enjoyed Uber as a passenger. Unfortunately though, I recently had a bad experience with a driver and the customer service was worse. I'm a loyal customer (having taken 28 trips for $900 in just 30 days) and was quite offended at how they handled this. Overall, I love Uber but I am sincerely disappointed about how they handled my complaint.

On October 14, 2014, I requested Uber at 7 a.m. The driver FLEW past my house and I tried to call them twice to ask them to turn around and come back as they just parked at the end of the block. The driver didn't answer so I walked a block and a half to get my Uber.

When I got into the car, I was overpowered by the scent of BO and/or some other offensive odor. I don't think the driver had it but the car was full of the smell. ugh, I walked a block and a half for this pleasure . . .

We then started our trip. By the time we hit the Steelyard curve on 176, she was chatting away at me (not bad in and of itself EXCEPT . . .) and looking at me while she spoke. I looked ahead at the line of brake lights ahead of us and shrieked! We came within INCHES of rear-ending the car ahead of us! YIKES!

After that, she drove 50 mph on the highway for the duration of our smelly trip.

I contacted uber that afternoon and the first guy said "sorry about your experience" and that was it . . .

The second person said "we'll talk to grace and I'll look into it" but I heard nothing further.

The third person said and this is a direct quote from her email: Sorry to hear that! We'll be sure to follow up with Grace to check in and share this concern. Again, thank you for taking the time to write in, I've added $10 credit to your account for the trouble. While it doesn't make up for the experience we hope this will allow you to have a better one in the future.

Yeah, Amber - you're right, it doesn't make up for the experience. Bad enough you don't even have a loyalty/frequent rider program but after your credit, I still paid $25+ for that ride?

They don't have a phone number either so you can't call anyone to complain. You're at the mercy of email.

glenk6
10/12/14

Uber website needs improvements. Fare quote doesn't work and doesn't tell you what it will take to work (e.g. what type of info). I simply chose New Orleans and then said airport or MSY airport and Westin Hotel Canal street. It should be able to figure that out. When you clear results to try again, you can't edit the start location - you have to reload the page which takes you back to choosing a city. Found it completely in effective.

Another flaky thing is that I log in and it shows my account then I go to get a fare quote and it takes be back to search city and implies that I need to log in again. Hope they can fix these few simple things. Using IE 11.0.96

ralphn10
10/12/14

Next door neighbor arrived from a late airport flight had to take a taxi as the uber driver never showed up.

robertw112
10/11/14

Worked well for me most of the time, but a couple times the driver took forever and looked like they got lost (watching the little map). During that time, I let several cabs go by. It's great when it works well, just wish it was more consistent.

glennt12
10/11/14

I have had great experiences with Uber in all cities I've visited. Sometimes the drivers can be a bit sketchy but you get that with taxi's too. Good for cities like san francisco when stuck in a place or new york and can't get a taxi ride.

paulm159
10/8/14

I drove for Uber in Detroit for 1.5 years. They charged alot for being on their network and stole the tips. They recently deactivated my company (setcars) because they said I Defrauded them. Lmao. Ok! Thanks for building up my company and then stealing my drivers and bankrupting it. They used me and everyone else. Threw illegal cars on the road to undercut limo drivers and destabilized the entire system. They suck, period.

henryh34
10/3/14

Do not get below a rating of 4.6 stars as a driver because that is one of their guidelines

bradfordt5
9/30/14

I was an Uber driver in Raleigh,NC for 2 months a couple months after the launch just to check out what all the hype was about. First and foremost, driving for Uber is like working for about $10/hr(maybe) when you do the math. Uber charges riders in Raleigh $1.20 per mile. They pay their drivers 80percent of that or .96/mile. That is a mathmatical fact.As a driver,when you pick-up a passenger and drive them to their destination, you have to drive back to the hot pick-up area to get another fare.That's a fact. Raleigh is not New York City where you can pick up a rider,drive them across the city, and pick up another fare 5 blocks away. In Raleigh, you pick-up a rider, drive them 10 miles away,and then drive back the same 10 miles to get another fare(typically in downtown or local concerts etc). I did it and I know. I even camped out at the airport for 2 weeks from 7AM-10AM when 35 flights typically come in from big Uber markets. Very few calls to drive and I positioned myself so that I would be the first to be called because of an area I know about very close to the terminals. Back to the nasty math that Uber hates to talk about.Your .96/mile is now half that or .48/mile,because you have to drive back to pick-up another passenger. Gas in an efficient car is .15/per mile that you drive. Bro, now you are down to making .33/mile. Hardly what I call a good job part-time or otherwise considering you are wearing out your car driving people around. No BS what I have just told you here.Just the facts.

stanisb
9/18/14

Uber is always jacking up the prices. It drives me crazy. I'd rather take a Lyft.

Tip for consumers: Try Lyft or SideCar or get a taxi or take a bus.

steves131
9/9/14

I am driver for Uber, and they suck, they charge lots of fees leaving you with little pay

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Uber

taylorl19
9/8/14

Uber is a SCAM! They charged $104 for a 10 minute ride in Austin, Texas. They say they have the right to add a surcharge if they feel like there is high demand. They added 10 times the charge without any prior notification.

tiffanym22
9/4/14

UBER SUCKS! MY DRIVER NEVER SHOWED UP. I GOT A TEXT SAYING MY DRIVER WOULD B HERE IN 3 MINS AND I WAITED AN HOUR. I never received any pictures email or phone numbers either. I CALLED YELLOW CAB AND SOMEONE WAS HERE IN 5 MINS. THEY HAVE NO PERMITS AND THEY NEED TO B SHUT DOWN. THEY ALSO HAVE NO COMMERICAL INSURANCE. SO IF YOUR DRIVER GETS IN AN ACCIDENT YOU WILL NOT BE COVERED!!! HOW UNSAFE. F*** THAT COMPANY! NEVER AGAIN.

Tip for consumers: ITS UNSAFE AND NOT PERMITTED BY ANY STATE YET. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

stevec84
8/28/14

Tip for consumers: Use Code : STEVE4989 - 1ST FREE RIDE UPTO $25 ( ON LYFT ) - DOWNLOAD FREE APP FOR IPHONE OR ANDROID

jodied10
8/26/14

I've used Uber a lot in California. However I used it at JFK airport in NYC. to Wayne NJ. It was very early in the AM, so no traffic.The ride was no more than 40 minutes and I was charged $269. which is unheard of..People in NYC need to know NOT to use Uber..

neiln4
8/12/14

Great service. e driver was friendly and picked me up within 5 minutes of sending the request. App is easy to load. I was hesitant at first but was impressed with the service so far. Use code hsu2r and we both get a free ride.

patu2
8/10/14

Please do not get suckered in to working with this unscrupulous company.
I'll be quitting the moment I get a promising job interview.
The Uber company is completely unethical towards it's drivers. When I started
2.5 months ago, I was all gung-ho but also paid very close attention
to payment amounts from each ride trip - gas/mileage + hours worked - the 20%
Uber cut. It only took one week to realize that I would have to really be
aware of demographics, time of day or night, population density, where
the out of control drinking was most concentrated, what areas attracted
the most police, speed limits, pavement conditions, areas to avoid due
to distance travelled just to pick up the rider...well you
see where I am going with this. Efficiency had to be top of the list!
For two months I was able to just break a little above even IF I drove for 10
Hour shifts on Thursdays thru to Saturdays into the wee hours of Sunday.
Oh sure " You can set your own hours", not really folks because the brunt
of your business will be on Friday, Saturday slowing to a trickle on Sundays
after the brunch bunch is done drinking their Mimosas!
Last night I thought of a new slogan for Uber:
"Don't drive drunk, ride drunk with Uber." !!! That is what you will be
doing, is driving drunk people especially from about 11:30 on into the night.
I won't drive much past midnight anymore, due to vomiting dunk obnoxious
binge drinkers. It is an ugly experience. Trust me on this. One male
passenger had to be literally carried by his two buddies down a flight
of stairs, he was out cold from extreme drinking. He was military and was
in good physical condition but couldn't stay conscious. Yep that might of
been a good time for me to refuse the ride. But noooo I stupidly let
that crew into my SUV. :( fortunately no one threw up in my vehicle ...
Almost though, it was close! Nice, real pleasant, NOT!
Are you getting the reality of what can happen if you drive too late
Into the night? Your precious vehicle could very easily get vomited on,
maybe even some will get on you as well!
When I started Uber had a promotion giving the riders an automatic
25% off their ride fee, corporate made up the difference to the driver.
That made it feasible, if you were really efficient, it was possible to
actually make a bit of profit. As of the beginning or August 2014, Uber changes the rider
Deduction to 20% for the summer, BUT does not make up the difference
to the driver. That means a total of a 40% reduction of rider payments for
the driver. 20/80 initial split for driver/Uber, then another bit of 20%!!!!
Now I made $4.00 to $6.00 dollars barely in the last 36 hours,
Thurs, Fri and Saturday.
That includes $140 in gas, not to mention mileage, oil change and DIY car washes.
Windex and paper towels.
Under the present 40% deduction , 20% of which was arbitrarily
forced upon the drivers and not covered by corporate, you might
as well shoot yourself in the foot. It would produce the same effect
except you would stay home and not be bending over while getting
nailed in the rear by the mean and cruel greed machine that has been
revealed. Plus your car won't get tortured by running for hours at a time.
This is my last weekend with these bastards. Amen!

mod26
8/2/14

Uber is a rip off. Don't get in the car. Driver will complain about their broke life and charge you three times the correct amount.

joee18
7/10/14

Uber is an illegal operation. Uber disobeys governmental laws, rules and regulations and soon will be shut down by FBI and Homeland Security.

pamf6
7/6/14

These people don't even check to see who's credit card people are using. I was shocked to find additional charges on my card that I hadn't made. You can't get in touch with anyone other than through e-mail and they take forever to respond. They only communicate via e-mail because they don't want someone yelling at them over the phone for their fraudulent activities. I will never ever ever use their services and I don't think any one else should either. UBER get a phone so people can communicate with you.

ronniew6
7/1/14

Uber drivers are a really mixed bag. Some are good an others don't know where they are going. They should get better training.

stevej63
6/13/14

never seen a small company give itself so may positive reviews on yelp. they do not even try to make them look real

joeg41
6/11/14

How dare you use the word taxi you are not a taxi service and never will be .black cabs are the best in the world and you want to come in and try to ruin an iconic London trade . There is no way a self respecting London cabbie will ever sign up to your company .

jonahs25
6/4/14

Uber sucks this company is poor management.Don't work with Uber and ride with it.This company practicing racism.RATING ZERO

johnc225
5/31/14

tried Uber X as a Driver in Atlanta. Big major mistake. Passengers were verbally abusive. Pick up location was always wrong. When and after the passenger gives you direction to where they were going they turn around and complain to Uber and they get a great discount at my expense. A 25 buck fare can easily be lowered to 16 bucks and there is nothing you can do. Anything worst would be working for free. Never again. Live and learn.

ramenp
5/29/14

uber sucks. I used them twice and I was obercharged both times. It was a big headache to get refund. A couple of my friend used uber too-they had the same problem like me. Both time my drivers didn't know where they were going too. One of them at least was nice, but the other was rude and even cursed me. Uber offers $10-$20 free ride in the beginning. That's the way they get people. There is nothing free in life. One or another way YOU will pay for it. I'll never use uber again.

juanp23
3/30/14

It sure can be a great experience for riders, but not so for drivers. Uber advertises $18-35 an hour while driving for Uber, but it's not true at all. I drove for 6 hours last night and I made like $90, and I was busy. See, while one can get a lot of riders, many just want to hop a few blocks away, which is not worth it for the driver at all. The fare will be just about $3.20 or so, or $5.50? Taking into account that maybe I drove more than a few blocks to pick up that rider just to take him/her 5 blocks away? Minimum flat fee should be at least $6 to make it worth picking them up. I actually have a rider whose fee was $3.20. But the driver has no way to know in advance these things, otherwise I won't pick up that person. Let's do the math, last night I made 90 - %20 to uber = 72, now 72 - 17gas = 55. Now 55 - 10 a day for car lease = 45 Now $45/ 6 hours shift = $7.5 which is less than minimum wage. Sure there are nights or days when you get a bit more, but that still be around $12/hour, other days average pay might be $15/hour or so, but no where near $35 an hour. In addition, if my car goes over the mileage limit from the lease I will pay 15 cents a mile and driving for Uber my car WILL go over the limit. Uber, should increase the prices to make it worth for the drivers, and riders before you complain the driver this and that and before you give such a low ratings, think about the privilege you have by using Uber, and how this ride might be at the drivers expense.

kebm
1/11/14

I have used it several times-maybe 6-7 and I found it to be easy and painless. I like the idea that I know what I am paying before they arrive, thus its my choice to use or not. No messin around with driving all over the place. I have seen coupons and promo codes too that take off 10-20% quite frequently. anyway, there ya go!

zacki1
1/10/14

everyone knows uber is fast but when you had couple of drinks at the of the night and want to go home the ride u paid $18 to get bar would cost you $54 to get back home. why? cuz demand is high. really wow there fast in everything

davidz15
12/18/13

For a service that asks for your credit card number right off the bat - they should really provide a support phone number. I trust you with my credit card information and all you give us is a general support email? I don't want to write you an email that gets responded to in a week when it comes to my money. People will be upset by this no matter what.

On another note, I see a lot of bad reviews on your company masked by fake good reviews on Yelp. Way to go, Uber.

beckyt6
12/18/13

great service, but hiring drivers who do not know their way around a town and only rely on GPS is unrealistic. Sometimes they just have to know intersections and how to get places without punching it into a GPS.

dianak4
5/13/13

Uber has several problems that make it a poor experience for consumers IMHO based on my own experiences:

1) Their drivers are not well-trained or carefully selected. As a result, some drivers don't know where they are going and are just bad drivers who would never be hired by a taxi company (which in my book is pretty bad). So your trip could take twice as long as it should, which means if you're late it's very hard to depend on Uber.

2) It costs a lot. Some fares depending on how slow your driver is could be twice as much as normal cab. They also use "surge pricing" which can increase the price of your fare.

3) Uber customer service has a bad attitude. Sort of like "you're wrong, this is why we're right". I'm not saying their customer service is worse than cab companies, but I am saying my experience with Uber customer service was poor.

So in summation, Uber is a good idea, poorly executed. I'd try one of the other cab hailing apps in your city (Flywheel, Instacab, etc.) because you're likely to save money and have a better driver.

rogerr22
5/8/13

Uber is kind of like magic. You punch a few buttons on the app on your phone, and you watch as a black car appears out of nowhere at your doorstep. It's so much better than calling a taxi it's ridiculous. It does come at a price though--the black car service I've found to be about 20-25% more than a taxi, and the Uber taxi service was maybe 10-15% more. But honestly, it's kind of worth it. It's so painless...if only every service was like this.