US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

alisaa1

Unfortunately though, I recently had a bad experience with a driver and the customer service was worse. (in 40 reviews)

aminn1

But in many cases with a single complain or bad rating they will put the driver off the system. (in 217 reviews)

kocherlakotas

I took 30 kms trip in Hyderabad, Telangana on 14th Feb 2016. (in 60 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kathirf
5/25/16

I was at the airport and figured I would try Uber ..first guy ..we went around in circles
Trying to navigate the map.. I don't
Know where I am at the airport they say you can contact the driver or text I couldn't
Second driver same thing ..you would think one of them would call me they could see I was still standing lost ..never ever again at least real cab drivers call you and let you know where to go and where they can meet you.. I hope they do not charge
Me doe those two cancelations that would be the icing on the cake.. Uber you suck
Bigtime

aubreym17
5/24/16

A few week ago my boyfriend had ordered me an uber ride home. It was very late, and when I had gotten in the cab, the driver seemed really aloof and tired. I was very courteous, asked him how his night was, and the response I got was very groggy and rude. Regardless he started driving and when he hit over 50mph in a 25mph school zone, I started getting a bit uncomfortable and concerned. I asked politely if he could slow down and again, he answered with a rude tone of voice.

A few days go by and I get a call from my boyfriend asking why he was charged $165.00 !!!!! The driver had accused me of vomiting in his car!!! And took "fake photos" and sent them to uber! It was appalling! And the photos he took looked like a crime seen it was so disgusting. It looked liked mushy popcorn and water, and the guy even went so far to smear it all over his car. Was just so gross.

Never in my life have I thrown up in someone's taxi cab, and if I had felt sick, I would have politely told the man to pull over. I was not sick, I was not drunk, and I remember the ride clearly. Nothing along those lines had happened and I am shocked uber let him get away with something so terrible. Not only did he accuse an innocent passanger, but tried to steal money from my boyfriends account. TERRIBLE!!!!!

nitae
5/22/16

I have been driving for uber for over nine months it was bad enough when they lowered the rates for our work, I got past that and kept on driving... Well last week in my review, they. Gave me a low score saying a rider said my vehicle didn't meet their standard of cleanliness, this was not true because I am constantly cleaning my vehicle and passengers are always ccomplementing me on. How fresh my vehicles smells, after passengers are in and out of your vehicle you will realistically have some sand in the floor, there is no way to logically and safely vacuum your car out between the hours of 10pm and 4am that's makes no sense which is what they tried to suggest to clean the car after each fare. How?? If u get trips back to back when do you clean of course if someone vomits you're going to clean that mess up... But to top it off when they said the car wasn't clean they took the opportunity to throw in There saying remember your PERSONAL HYGIENE as well, which was not even the comment.. I was personally offended and have not driven sense.. I am a clean person and just because my car was not emuculate enough for one rider shouldn't have turned into the opportunity to insult me... I know it was an automated response, but those two responses need to be separated from each other because they are two separate issues...

kathyl56
5/22/16

Uber did not get my payment because the credit card was outdated. I would like to solve the matter but have not been able to do this on line. I am not going to spend 10 hours on line trying to figure this out since I am not that technical. A number to reach Uber would be nice.
The only reason I gave 3 stars was because the driver was great. Customer service??????????...There is absolutely no customer service!!!..really..none! You will never ever be able to speak to anyone. If your question is not in their category of FAQ's then forget it. So how does that make you feel as a customer? Sounds to me like they don't want to talk to the people who are making their business grow. They are now on my do not call list.

Tip for consumers: Call a taxi. At least you can talk to a human being if an issue happens.

brendal45
5/21/16

Great service, drop at my location no problem but pick up at same location does not come up on Uber's map.

gregoryv10
5/18/16

I live in Clifton nj and needed a car for my wife at 4:30 and it said no cars are available . To take a flight ! So is uber 24/7 or not. Archiev41@aol.com I live 14 miles from Manhattan so I thought it would not be a problem.

rajnic
5/16/16

this unprofessional driver wangjiku, I requested uber around 9:25.. if she don't have idea on pick up location she should not accept the request first of all.. but she accepted my request.. I wait for her nearly half an hour.. I'm giving her directions in the phone very clearly.. but she can not able to found me.. she even don't know the famous place DMV office of Santa Clara, I stressed her in the phone our famous apartment leasing office is exactly opposite to the DMV office.. but still waste driver did not catche me.. finally she is telling that she is going to cancel the trip in phone, but not even cancelled my trip.. because if I cancel the trip I'll get 2$ charge.. so I'm waiting for her to cancel the trip. I wait for 15 mins she did not cancel the trip. until she cancel the trip I can not able to request for another driver.. because she accepted that she can not able to pickup me, then the right thing is she must cancel the trip.. but not even its happened in this case.. so she has done these many mistakes1) she don't have idea of area where she is going to pick up 2) though I'm giving her clear directions she did not found me
3) she accepted that she can not able to pick up me after my almost half an hour request.. but still she did not cancel the trip..
4) because of her unprofessional behavior she charged me cancellation fee.. she wasted my precious time..
my request to the management is don't give permission to the such kind of unprofessional and unexperinced drivers to drive the uber.. because customers finally get bad openion and worest experiences with the UBER

aracelisa
5/15/16

I was over charged TWICE in one day! still waiting for a respond ! This was a month ago.. Very disappointed thought I found a good service....Aracelis407-237-0562

ajb12
5/15/16

I am a UBER DRIVER in London. You people on here are complaining? You are getting the cheapest fares and got the nerve to complain!
Most of you people are racist wgen you see driver of another ethic and decide to give them a crap rating or worse bo rating at all!

You guys should not be complaining as you did not hire a executive car to trave 2 miles which costed you £20.
Do you expect the driver to bend over for you?

No one is stopping you to go else where but majority of you will run back to uber!

Uber shoud kick out rider with anything less than 4.00 stars because i have seen plenty of rubbish rates riders. Why will a driver give you a bad rating?
1.Because you are rude
2. Miserable
3. Start to blame them for traffic when you are running late.

4. You think the rider should kiss your ass .
5. you are traveling 2 miles.

Most low rates riders are WOMEN!

You are using uber because it is cheap! Get of your high horse.
Most of uber riders only travel short distances.
It us a waste of our time!
We drivers are getting shafted...not you riders!

crisc10
5/15/16

Uber response to missing payment
Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sorry for any confusion over your payment and happy to explain.
If youre referring to the payment that you saw in your payment statement posted on Tuesday earlier this week, it should be deposited to your account by the following 17-5-2016. Taking a look on my end, I can confirm that payment has been sent to your account. It can take a few days to process. While most banks deposit on Thursdays, it is also normal for it take until Tuesday. If youre still not seeing it after Tuesday, please let me know so I can look into it immediately.
In case you have any further issues or concerns do feel free to get in touch and it will be our pleasure to assist you with it.

May 14, 10:12
Thanks for reaching out to Uber! Sorry for any confusion over your payment and happy to explain.
I completely understand your concern, and I can see the frustration that you are experiencing now. If youre referring to the payment dated 9th May 2016, it should be deposited to your account no later than 17th May, 2016.
Taking a look on my end, I can confirm that payment was submitted on the 9th May 2016. It can take a few days to process. While most banks deposit by Thursdays, it is also normal for it take until Tuesday. Please find the details below:

I collected a few resources that I think might be helpful for you:
View my payment statements
Report a missing trip from statement
Update banking information
If you have questions about how to read your payment statement, Ill be happy to help.
Thank you and have a great day ahead!

May 14, 07:39

This is --- from Uber Support, I do apologize about you haven't received the payment, I was verifying in your account and your payment is ''In Transit'', it means you will paid on May 17th 2016. Sorry for the delay, let us know if you have any other question.
Don't forget to visit us on Uber

May 13,
Thanks for reaching out! This email is to let you know that we have received your request: May 9 payment -" . Our support team will get back to you as soon as we can. No need to reply to this email. In the meantime, you can find answers to frequently asked questions and other helpful information at help.uber.com or by visiting the help section in your Uber app.
We appreciate your patience, and look forward to getting your matter resolved.
Uber Support

May 11,
Thanks for writing in. Sorry for any confusion over your payment and happy to explain.
If youre referring to the payment that you saw in your payment statement posted on Tuesday earlier this week, it should be deposited to your account by the following 17 May 2016. Taking a look on my end, I can confirm that payment has been sent to your account. It can take a few days to process. While most banks deposit on Thursdays, it is also normal for it take until Tuesday. If youre still not seeing it after Tuesday, please let me know so I can look into it immediately.
If youre referring to a different weeks pay, let me know and Ill also be happy to take a look.
Regards,

At No point, has anyone called to discuss missing payment. Never a person to speak directly. Still have not received payment, next payment comes in three days,

Uber only cares about making its money NOT PAYING FOR SERVICES BY UBER PARTNERS. DO NOT BELEIVE THE HYPE YOU CANNOT MAKE THE MONEY THEY STATE WITHOUT STRINGS AND IMPOSSIBLE CRITERIA SET BY UBER TO ENSURE MOST FAIL!!!!!!!!

nickr64
5/15/16

So I used UBER last night...

NEVER USE IT!

I got dropped off by the first guy, before I could even put my seatbelt on (all of a sudden had to take his wife to work)

So I call another Uber (gives me a 2.5 times rate.... with no information on what the heck the rate is, NO OTHER OPTION - that or no UBER, and every time you search another one.. the rate gets higher and higher....)

I get home, there's no service.. I tip the guy decently in cash for getting me home finally

Get inside, my wifi loads up UBER receipt

$79!!!!!!! for a 15 minute ride...........

NEVER AGAIN

cj195
5/15/16

I'm in New York and trying to catch a cab to the airport. It is pouring down rain and the taxis are busy. I decided that I would try UBER. The app kept timing out on my iPhone then it came up and said UBER Pool. I'm thinking OK I will share a ride and save some money. LaGuardia is only 7.5 miles away and it usually about $35 for a cab fare. It took about 15 minutes but I was willing to wait to I didn't miss my flight I had a very nice driver and a nice car but he couldn't tell me how much. I was the only passenger so I thought OK I got lucky and no one else is going to the airport since it said UBER Pool. I had no other choices anyway. I have a computer training business so I am very savvy with technology. I arrived at the airport and he said it would compute the fee but he couldn't tell me how much because the app had also put in JFK and not LaGuardia which is not what I chose. Maybe another potential customer not sure. I got the receipt and was charge $179 for the short trip. When I contacted UBER they said since it was busy they could charge me 3.6 times the normal fair. That is really taking advantage of your customers. I don't think my customers would be happy if I told them since they scheduled their training on a very busy day that my rate would be 3 or 4 times more than normal. This is price gouging. I will NEVER EVER use UBER again.

saviop
5/13/16

I have travelled with ola cabs was never cheated like this the driver made us pay the airport fee by cash 110 when it was alredy included in the.the bill was 286+110=396.when we paid 506=396+110

stepheng59
5/10/16

I hate this album ap more than any other. It so often ends up in the wrong pick up address then the call driver function fails. I hate it!

rajeshr8
5/9/16

Uber is charging very high and looting the money, I feel both Uber and OLA are like sister companies, Have collaborated behind screen to loot the money of ppl. One question is, is morning 6: 30 AM Peak time for you both? Shame.

robinw45
5/6/16

DC: requested UberX and was Automatically slotted to UberPool without a chance to decline. 30 minutes late for a business meeting. Switched to Lyft

andreass18
5/5/16

I'm at the Sheraton in downtown Seattle and the drivers can't find the place. Trying to get to the airport and the first one drove down to Pike's Market before I cancelled. The secomd one took 10 minutes to get here even though it said 1 minute away.

greggl13
5/4/16

Uber can be hit or miss.
On my first Uber ride: Going out with friends from a hotel we were staying at in Savannah, Ga. They ordered a ride and it was a great experience, no problems and a courteous knowledgably driver.
On the second night out: After receiving a ride downtown on the hotel shuttle, we had dinner and went out exploring the nightlife. Then we order Uber and the app said they were 10 minutes away, no problem. As we followed the drivers progress at about 5 minute out, he called to confirm our location and said hed be there shortly. A few minutes later his location was off and we did not see him on the app. We called back his number and he said he is going to take another fare and we need to find a different ride. What an SOB you are Biell! By this time we were tired and frustrated. We saw a taxi and took that back to the hotel.
The moral of the story: you cant trust Uber and you need a backup plan.

janetw55
4/28/16

understand that theses people use there own cars and uber will deactivate them over any lie or lower than 4.5 star if we appreciate better service then show it by rating drivers well don't want it like the old days again wait 30 minutes or more for a taxi treat uber drivers right

priyankas13
4/28/16

I have a worst experience in UBER. Most Cheated company, worst drivers, rash driving. Never ever think to book this cab. I am not getting the option of negative rating.

ericb119
4/26/16

I was ripped off many times, overcharged by uber and when want to ask or complain, they of course have a bridge to nowhere type of system where it is impossible to actually state your complain, it is categorized where you can not find the right button. It also seems there is no real response

laurac156
4/26/16

Tried using Uber and my driver never left his seat to help with our suitcases. He also charged much more than the taxi drivers and insisted on $5 tip which he didn't deserve. Every taxi driver we used helped us with our suit cases and this man never lifted a finger!!! The taxi drivers were less expense and much more friendly. He did get us to our destination.

mikec218
4/26/16

It took 3 days in London & numerous tries to finally get a ride. The online demo looked so simple. Not so!

gregh56
4/25/16

Opened the app with my iphone and was told I needed to go to my email. That never happened before. I don't have access to my primary email with my cell because I DON'T NEED TO. they have everything they need from me already amex platinum/email/picture/ all that stupid $#*! ALREADY. I get home and contact them and they have no answer for anything. Told me I should go to the community and talk about it. I'm 56 years old/own my own business/made over $400K last year. I don't go to blogs to talk about $#*! get real lol.

esefo
4/24/16

UBER IS THEE MOST RAGGEDLY OPERATED COMPANY IN EXISTENCE. IT SHOULDNT EVEN BE IN ARIZONA IF THEYRE GOING TO RUN IT THE WAY THEY DO HERE IN PHX, THE ONLY FARES MY SO EVER, EVER GETS ARE JERKOFFS TRAVELING 2 FT DOWN THE STREET WHO BABBLE "O IM JUST GOING DOWN THE STREET FOR SMOKES", AS IF THEY DONT WANT TO BE AN INCONVENIENCE BY GOING FURTHER WHILE THE WHOLE TIME NOT TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THAT STUPID 2 FT TRIP IS ONLY COSTING $3-$4 OF WHICH BS UBER TAKES ALMOST MORE THAN HALF OF, LEAVING A STARVING DRIVER W/ A BS $1.50 FARE & A BS CUSTOMER TOO LAZY TO WALK THEIR ÀSSES UP THE BLOCK TO GET THEIR SMOKES. THIS BS CAN CARRY ON ALL DAY, W/ SOME FARES BEING 5-10 MILES AWAY GETTING PICKED BY A DRIVER WHO WASTED $5-$8 WORTH OF GAS, JUST TO GET CANCELED ON WHEN THEY GET THAT FAR? ALL BECAUSE OF ANOTHER UBER DRIVER WHO WAS CLOSER, DIDN'T WANT IT? THE FÛCK IS THIS BS UBER DOING TO PEOPLE? ITS DRIVERS? IMAGINE GOING OUT TO DRIVE, YOU'RE PROFESSIONAL, INTELLIGENT, EASY GOING, COURTEOUS, GETTING NOTHING BUT JERKOFFS GOING 2 FT DOWN THE STREET EVERY HLF HR OR SO, BEING CALLED BY SOME ÀSS CLOWN WHOS 2 CITIES AWAY JUST TO GET ATTITUDE OR WORSE CANCELED & YOU JUST WASTED $50-$60 IN GAS FOR A DAY, ONLY TO BE ABLE TO MAKE ENOUGH TO PUT GAS BACK IN TO PICK UP MORE JERKOFFS? WHO THREATEN YOU? WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS MONEY & TIME? UBER IS THE ULTIMATE LIBERAL, PÛSSY, HERES-OUR-$-DONT-HURT-US COMPANY RUN BY THEE MOST ASININE, WIMPY, EDUCATED-BY-COMMON-CORE-MATH ÀSSCLOWNS EVER TO BE CONCIEVED. THEIR BS UBER GAS CARD? THIS COMPANY ABUSES IT & FÛCKS IT UP FOR THE CUSTOMER WHO USES IT FOR GAS IN THEIR CAR. UBER TAKES OUT WAAAY MORE THAN THEYRE ALLOWED TO FROM IT, BEING LIKE THE BS CUSTOMER ONLY GOING 2 FT DOWN THE STREET BY TAKING OUT $50 IF YOU SPEND LESS THAN THAT & THE BS INCENTIVES LIKE "PICK UP 400 FARES THIS WEEKEND GET A $1,000!" IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ANOTHER P/T 10-15 HR A WEEK JOB, NOT RELYING ON THEIR BS GAS CARD, & DOESNT MIND THE ABUSE. TO UBER, EVERYONE ELSE CAN GET FÜCKED. THE UBER HERE IN AZ BARELY PAYS BACK THE $ ITS ALWAYS SOMEHOW STEALING FROM THE DRIVERS & WHEN THEY DO ITS WEEKS AFTER THEY STEAL IT. IM TELLING YOU, DONT WORK FOR UBER IF YOURE DESPERATE ID RECOMMEND WORKING WALMART WHICH I HATE JUST AS MUCH OVER UBER, BECAUSE GETTING LOCKED OUT FOR 10 MINUTES WITHIN AN HR FOR CANCELING TOO MANY FARES THAT ARE OUT OF YOUR WAY WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE ENOUGH GAS TO STAY IN YOUR CUSTOMER-LESS SPOT, FORCING YOU TO WASTE EVEN MORE TIME SO YOU CANT MAKE $, YOU WILL WANT TO QUIT & KILL UBER. MY SO GOES THROUGH THIS HERE IN PHX, AZ EVERY.FÛCKING.DAY.

UBER ONLY WANTS $.
DOESNT CARE FOR SHÏT.
$#*!.UBER.

mikej153
4/21/16

Driver never showed up and I was charge twice.

asthas2
4/21/16

It's been 2 years that we are using uber, but the kind of issues we have faced in past 2 months have totally washed away the past 2 years of good experience. I'll explain the major episodes-
1. Maruti Ritz- Me and my husband were travelling from sector 57 gurgaon and sec 14 gurgaon, my husband had to get down at huda city which was midway. There are 3 ways for this route, when we asked him to take the huda route he said i can't do this otherwise I'll be in loss, I'll move according to the navigation. We told him that this concept is for car pool, but he continuously kept on saying that you don't know, i am the employee i know. He continuously kept on howling "mai apki wajah se apna nuksan thode na karaunga". After damn frustration we asked him to call the customer care and ask, even after knowing the fact, what he again misbehaved and said that "hum aisa isliye karte hain taki ap baad me ye na kaho k galat raste pe le gye navigation k hisab se". He was not silent for a min till 3/4th the way. This is highly unacceptable.

2. We both had to travel from gurgaon to delhi, it was sunday eve not too much traffic also. We booked uber thrice. The first driver 6:08 pm when we called him after 5 min he said that he cant go to delhi.. in car pool its not possible.
Second driver 6:14 pm, we called him within 2 min, he also asked where u hv to go, i disconnected the phn. He again called to ask the destination, i didn't tell. He said ok, he was jst 5 min away, we kept on waiting for 10 min, no response,.when we called to check, he switched off his phn. Then also we waited and kept on calling for 15 min then finally he cancelled the trip.
Third driver 6:39 pm- he too was just 5 min away , for half an hour he kept on saying that i m searching whereas he was not. At last we asked him to reach rail vihar the nearest landmark, its clearly seen in the map, finally he replied " madam mujhe search karna nahi ata". Then i shouted and said that i am going to make a complain, he was at rail vihar within a min, bt we had already cancelled the trip.
We were late by 1 and a half hour, moreover we were damn frustrated.
Finally then i booked uber from my phn and we got the cab.

3. Today in the morning, i made a request for own car from sec 57 to 14 gurgaon. A driver mahinder, hundai accent accepted the request and said that its in pool and he is going to dwarka delhi. The rider he was having was also saying that i didn't opted for pool. He asked me to cancel, so i did. I was booking it for office, in hurry.
I again sent a request and again he only accepted and when i called him, he replied i have to take this request otherwise "meri ye trip waste ho jayegi" i don't know how. I said i havent opted for car pool, I'll be late for office how does it matters to me k apki trip waste ho jayegi. So what he replied was, he actually shouted that "to mujhe kya farq padta hai k apko late ho raha hai".
I have actually referred uber to many of my knowns, i now feel like writing these reviews everywhere. This is just not acceptable. These are only the major issues that i hv mentioned, and it actually doesn't matter if u cut their day's incentive when we are facing so many issues with so many drivers. They take advantage of your 6 trip incentive method and it will deteriorate uber's image, u should make it km based incentive method Uber is working only becoz of customers. Dont lose them.

mukuld1
4/20/16

Uber app is just too fast to be good.Cab bookings are misfired .even when a user is just exploring the app and is not really ready to book a ride. we get a call from the cab driver. Cab rides get booked even before you could select your destination. Then the cab drivers informs you to cancel that ride (which you anyways did not actually intend to book). If you fail to cancel within 15 minutes, you have to pay a cancellation charge (gets added to your next ride)
Uber app must have a "confirm" button so that the ride is booked only after that confirmation

dp49
4/19/16

I reported someone who stole my debit card and stole over $200.00 from my account. They did absolutely nothing. Someone told me via email someone has to pay for them to get around. I couldn't even speak to anyone.

annem84
4/17/16

We arrived at San Fransisco Airport and walked towards the taxi rank.We were approached by a taxi driver offering to take us to our hotel he did say he was a Uber driver ( I do not have an Uber account). I knew that the fare should be around $45. During the journey our driver was constantly on his mobile phone either texting or speaking to other drivers. Arriving at our hotel he charged us $95.
I my opinion don't use them, i certainly will never use them again.

aruns9
4/16/16

very poor services. the person doesnot know the exact address. controlled by false messages. false rate.

shreyap5
4/15/16

Why is Uber such a fraud at pricing and worst at customer service?Please answer it.Being Billion Dollar industry and using treachery and fraud to charge customers?What happened to convenient ride at economic cost??For 2.5 km you might pay 100-120 Rupees(Indian)?Why because its peak time.IS it??I don't see any traffic on the road.Lol!! Their tantrums are worst than 11-year-old...I don't know what training their drivers receive.All they want is incentive and no attention to customer convenience

treschannag
4/13/16

The customer service will drive you to insanity. Ive been attempting to get assistance now for 12 HOURS since their uberpool option isnt showing up on my viewer and the help system is automated.

radhikas4
4/11/16

I traveled with the Uber Swift car (MH-14 FC 1375) at Hinjewadi,Pune Maharatstra. I am travelling at night time the driver is not driving car properly and always looking at the mirror.
I change my place the he again adjust the mirror toward me. I have left the car in between.

The driver was drank.... and talking in rude language.

The Uber is not keeping good drivers.

keithd38
4/9/16

Recently, the Uber rates were lowered to a rate that significantly beats the rate to the standard yellow taxis in the city (NYC). Yet Uber finds a way to always scam the customer with ridiculous markups for "busy" times, or "in demand" areas, etc. Mind you, we're not talking about a measly 50 cent or so surcharge, they actually double the estimate rate on many occasions. One day without paying attention you might end up having to pay $80 for what you've taken at a rate $40 on several occasions only because there were quite a few people requesting other drivers in that area at once. Seriously??

The support is a complete joke. At least when I call a CC or my bank support, although I'm getting someone from Thailand or Singapore, someone actually picks up the phone. Uber doesn't even have a number! This is a company valued in the billions. Again...Seriously??

After you send the email for a charge dispute, they are very polite in telling you "NO, our calculations are correct at present rider rates." -Um NO, they're not if the more expensive rate setting alternative is cheaper.

Folks, don't fall for the "trend" of using Uber because many others are. Trend setters will wait on line for 3hrs to get a muffin because so and so celebrity gets their pastries there. Yea I know...really stupid. So don't be one of those. Plenty of alternative car services in this big city that'll actually pick you up with a SET rate to give you before they even come.

Otherwise, the yellow cabbies are still cheaper. No matter what BS marketing they try to pass you.

Tip for consumers: Really check the price surges before scheduling a call! They will trounce your card if you're not careful. They are also known to cancel your account for cancelling charges with your bank or CC company.

nisham5
4/9/16

I have had some terrible experiences with the uber cab drivers. They are terrible with directions and they are extremely arrogant.
Once a driver asked me to get off the cab because he thought I gave the wrong pick up address. And in another instance, the driver shouted at me because I told him to take a specific route. I have had many such experiences and so have my family members..
If anyone faces an issue like this, please take them directly to the police station. I regret not doing that myself..

richarda90
4/8/16

I tried to use Uber for the first time today and what a joke.

The Android App is the most amateur and unusable app I've ever seen. Seriously. Who designed it? It is completely not logical, follows few if any standards, completely non-intuitive.

I seriously wonder if you need to take drugs to understand how to use it. I'm not even joking. Head meds, crack cocaine -- something.

The website is even worse. The absolutely least user friendly and non-functional website I have ever seen from a company larger than 5 employees. What's up with that?

Then, if you get through all of that, which takes a roughly 2 hour learning curve because the app makes no sense until you start trying random things -- it only accepts certain KINDS of credit cards. It wants bank cards so it can presumably drain your bank account at will, but rejects secure cards that limit the damage criminal companies like Uber can do. That's nice.

Last, there is no explanation anywhere of the terms. You have to scour the web and go to forums unless you can guess the made-up terms they use.

I wish New Mexico's G-Ride would go national - it is INFINITELY better. I absolutely do not trust Uber, am deleting my credit card info, and keeping a close eye to make sure they don't steal from me because I have absolutely NO confidence in them based on their sheer incompetence. Reading the reviews I know I am making a great choice. I'll walk or call a cab.

nou181
4/6/16

We noticed UBER charges on our credit card for rides we did not take. Found out that we could not call UBER to notify them, only email. After 5 days of back and forth emails with 10 different 'customer service' people, during which time fraud charges were continuing with UBER (and we had cancelled the AMEX, which is strange)... UBER finally told us that a MISS MOM was using our account, or created their own account with our card. The ONLY fraud charges with the card were with UBER. They gave us zero peace of mind with their security systems with credit card information, basically we got the sense that there is NO security and they have NO sense of urgency when it comes to fraudulent credit card use. Luckily we have fraud protection with AMEX even though UBER will still try to hold us liable...Obviously Going to Lyft now.....UBER IS HORRIBLE

bobw83

I was charged a 4.7 times surcharge
Now i'm trying to resolve this with Uber customer service and what a joke
It's like being trapped in an endless circle.
I will not use them again and I will not recommend Uber to anyone

danielt48
4/6/16

Uber, a company valued at 61 billion dollars. Uber is very popular with their riders. The reason uber is so loved by their riders is because a uber ride is about 1/3rd the price of a taxi.
A uber rider can pay a minimum of $4.80 for a ride. A taxi would charge around $10.00 for the same ride.. A uber driver will average 10 minutes to go pick up a rider and take the rider to their destination and drop them off. Uber driver ends the trip and uber instantly displays how much the driver is paid, $2.40 for the trip. The trip will take around 30 minutes of your time. Now the driver has to pay for their gas, insurance, wear and tear on their vehicle. After the driver figures in the expenses, he or she is left with a profit of zero!!
I have drove for uber part time for 2 years plus. In the beginning I easily made $350.00 a week. Now I average $75.00 a week and drive twice the miles to make that. Uber has not sent my 2015 1099's to report the income to the IRS. When you email uber about a problem, you will receive a robot answer. Uber does not care about their drivers. Uber only cares about increasing their $61 billion dollar value to $81 billion. I am a retired man and my advice to anyone who is considering driving for uber is......DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!!! You will be better off flipping burgers at McDonalds.

helloworldh
4/5/16

UberPOOL is a total scam and as a matter of fact, I think the algorithm is totally off in many cases. UberPOOL would charge me more than a UberX for exactly the same route during the same time of a week and the only difference is POOL wasted me twice the time for picking up the second passenger from THE AIRPORT, where we had to drive in and wait and pick up the other passenger from one of the terminals. I tried contacting customer service FIVE TIMES because it made no sense to me at all and I doubt whether any of the customer support people had any sense how the product actually works or even how to read at all, because none of them ever answered my question and instead just said very random and useless things to me. Dear Uber, please at least spend some money training your people because they made your company look very stupid and unprofessional. And to NYC passengers, take the yellow cab because they are at least registered officially and the pricing is transparent.

ramshaa
4/4/16

I was with family coming back home after shopping. We called uber the first time ever. The driver probably was drunk. He took totally a wrong route and when we said it's wrong he said he has to follow the directions which were shown on his uber device. He just kept driving and suddenly we found our selves on highway. I got worried and ask him to call some one he said he can't do that. He was driving so rough and just kept going on the highway. We asked him to just stop and let us go but he said he can't coz he won't get paid then. At last we have to tell him that if he doesn't stop we will call 911. He just suddenly applied the breaks and we escaped the accident by mere inches. Finally he let us got off whrn we said we will pay him in cash and we realized we were in some different city. We took a taxi and came home. Uber charged us the extra fare and the trip cost us 130 $ what would have been just 12-15$. The worst and scariest experience of my life. So please just be careful as anyone can register with uber so you never know who you gonna trust.

mocos
4/2/16

My girlfriend use this frequently but every single time that I used this service I had bad experiences. Usually the drivers don't know the city at all and they always take the longest route, in order to charge the maximum fare.

Also, I have bad experience dealing with rude drivers.

davidb464
3/29/16

I found this morning that I was charged almost $40 for a ride I did not take. At 10PM last night I was sleeping. I have been told to go through Support email to get this resolved but I have not been replied and I have now been disabled from the system and to get back on I have to go through Support which is exactly the email I have not been replied from. FU@&! these people. I spend at least $200/mth with these fools and have a 5 Star rating.. Hello Lyft!

vals18
3/27/16

You can't pay cash on Uber, so you can't control how much they put on your card. A driverthat Uber seems to support is to not show your trip as ended. So. The driver picked up my girlfriend and dropped her at my house, both addresses were input in the App, but she got no receipt that day as the trip according to Uber wasn't ended until over 20 hours and 50 miles. I assume the driver defrauded us, or there was a glitch in their software, but after days of correspondence and sending a copy of the receipt, I still get the run-around. I fought for Uber to be allowed here in Miami as the cabs were horrible. Now the cabs are better, and I can avoid being scammed using Uber!

edwardc65
3/26/16

The driver drove me a distance of what would have been a $10 cab ride and charged $35.00 and that's not the worst part. He tried to charge my credit card $1850.00 and $1200.00. Luckily Discover card caught it, flagged it and denied it. The charge was attempted through a company called Lavish Limos.

florenceh25
3/26/16

I have been using random uber ride for a year now. Mostly to get my drunk butt home from the bar. never ran into a problem and always been well taken care of.

markg151
3/26/16

After a night out got a taxi through uber at normal rate twice and both times said on route but then cancelled the pick up for no reason? Then the price surge occurred and we were picked up and dropped off meaning a £25-30 dare then became over £60 customer support not existant uber is dreadful company to deal with

monteg9
3/23/16

uber is nothing but a fraudulent piece of shi t low life mother$#*!in thieving dog$#*! useless leach sucking peoples money dry $#*!I EM

rishak1
3/23/16

Uber cab service is pathetic in India & you'll feel cheated everytime you travel with them. They will charge cancellation fee of Rs. 80 everytime the booking is cancelled by the cab driver due to his own reasons. Their so called promo codes never work and after paying the driver you have to lodge a written complain through your mail id or Uber app to resolve the issues and this normally takes between 24-72 hours to get resolved. Uber will refund the money and credit it in your uber account, so to use that you again have to book a cab. This is how uber forcefully tries to retain their customers.
The drivers are unprofessional. Customer support too is very poor in India. Their app is not up to the mark and multiple issues arise during payment.

366 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

69 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Uber staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Uber