US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jasminep14

I contacted customer service through email and got a resolution to the problem the next day. (in 35 reviews)

nataliep23

Just like eBay, Tophatter does not sell items of its own. (in 108 reviews)

lisag138

Looking for answers to how sellers can sell so cheaply on this site and I found many really bad reviews instead. (in 96 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sondraa5
5/23/16

This is a rip off people don't waist your money are time on some of the jewelry. I can't speak for all sellers but the one I just got a ring for is horrible I wouldn't have paid a 1.00 for this plastic if I saw it in a dollar store

bethanym10
5/20/16

I won a DRONE with camera and instead of receiving the won item I got a POS helicopter with NO CAMERA. The customer service after 2 months finally asked for a pic of what I actually got, hello how difficult is a helicopter to understand, the biggest issue, no where to upload the pic. So, I email it back and ask to have them fix the page to upload. Needless to say, they didn't and they gave me 3 freakin says to upload to a site that isn't possible and closed my case after I waited on them for 2 flippin months!!! Many of the products are junk that don't match the descriptions but I took them as lessons learned but a totally different item.....ridiculous!!!!

vanessap28
5/17/16

I've tried contacting the seller and customer support and no one responds. They shouldn't be allowed to sell things online without someone overseeing this operation. I'm very disappointed and will most definitely let everyone I know not to use or trust this site.

claytonc23
5/16/16

Terrible customer service the item was not shipped when it was supposed to be shipped they took their sweet time I asked them not to send it give me my money back and they sent it anyways I did not accept it it went back to them they sign for it on the 9th of May today is the 16th of May I still do not have my money and top hatter has not gave me a good response who making this right the amount is over $350 I will never ever shop there again I'm done you have been warned do not shop there

mindyr10
5/16/16

I read ll the reviews and had low expectations. I bid on quite a few items - just to see what it was like. I am not shopping for myself but for little items for raffle baskets, etc. I volunteer for a rescue group.
If you are expecting to get a 400.00 item for 2.00, it is not going to happen. I am happy with everything I got - simply because my expectations were low and I knew what I was getting. Use common sense. You will never get a top quality item for a couple bucks. You might get a cute, colorful item suitable for a kid. You might get an item to add to a nice gift. These items will make great stockng stuffers. BTW, I am keeping several items that I purchased to go into raffle baskets. I think most of you will really enjoy tophatter if you are aware that you will get what you pay for - sometimes you will get more than you pay for, but not always, it is hit or miss.

kellyk70
5/15/16

I was a happy customer, bidding and placing orders, fully aware that I was getting the quality I was paying for. However, when I bid on, and won, a smart bracelet, I received an item that wasn't worth the packaging it arrived in. I immediately disputed the purchase, which was immediately rejected. It was rejected, not because the item was a piece of crap, it was rejected because the seller didn't honor refunds. I re-disputed the transaction, at which point all communication stopped.

I purchase a lot of what I buy online, but will never again do business with this site, which obviously is only concerned about the bottom line rather than honoring the customer who supplies the business. Word of mouth is powerful, and my recommendation to others out there who think they will be treated fairly while doing business with Tophatter, not to be fooled. Delete this App now.

not133
5/13/16

I have not had what I purchased examined at a jeweler. If you control your bidding, and like what you get, I am having lots of fun. I have gotten all of my purchases under $ 20. Whether they ate worth $450 or $250 or $50, I don't care.

strawberryf
5/11/16

Okay, I can't say enough about the way sellers get treated here.
But I can say that Thank God they finally have some competition, that does NOT screw their sellers!
I am a seller on TH ONLY because there has been no competition until now. I will be leaving very soon, along with a lot more of us!

marya431
5/11/16

I bought a wrinkle erase vibrating pen that did not operate correctly. After 2 months and many emails the seller would not refund my money but sent another pen. The new one wouldn't even turn on. Sent more emails to both top hatter and the seller. No response.

annm126
5/10/16

I wish I had checked out the reviews before I got scammed! Do not order from this site! I won't go into the details because it's too lengthy, but trust a stranger...did not get what I ordered and the effort is all on you! Save your money! Don't get caught up in winning!

If I could have given 0 stars I would have!

keih2
5/10/16

Attempted to list a n item for sale was on for about an hour then was taken off??
tried to list another item they were then trying to charge
Utter $#*!e

pattij1
5/10/16

They change the rules all the time and ban anyone that questions it. They are now charging sellers 30 - 45% for listing and selling fees. Many of us went to thelandofodz.com to sell. No listings fees, no fees if items don't sell, and low fees for sales.

valit1
5/10/16

I cannot say it often enough. Unfortunately, I believed the description of the jewellrey I purchased, that being.... authentic gemstones and .925 silver. Some advertised their stones as being "man made" so I avoided bidding on those. If they claimed they were
genuine gemstones, I believed them. DO NOT!!!
In total, I purchased 2 rings, 1 pair of earrings and 4 bracelets. These were all gifts I
intended to give to family for birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas etc.
I just had the metal parts tested today and every piece was mostly copper or aluminum
with some nickel. Not a trace of silver in any one piece!!!! This metal "gun" is an $80,000
piece of equipment so I trust what it registered.
That leads me to believe that what I purchased for amethyst, emerald, sapphire etc etc. is
all just coloured crystal. I don't want to go through the cost of bring these to a gemologist
to confirm what I now believe is total junk!
Shame on Tophatters for allowing sellers to do this!
PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM TOPHATTERS. You work too hard for your money!

sylvias20
5/9/16

I purchased Cashmere perfume from MN Watches....when I received it, it had spilled all over the box. I contacted them via text as per there request. To make a long story short....they promised to replace it. I bought it in March and it's now May and nothing yet! Don't think I'll be receiving it! Don't promise if you're not going to come through. People beware of lies and thieves!

susanm202
5/9/16

I strongly do not recommend Tophatter! Most things comes from China, you can not send it back without paying more than you paid for the item itself.
I order some jewlery and on almost all prices the stones FELL out and they would not give me a refund
I recommend 'ioffer'. Much better!

dianes108
5/8/16

I have purchased many items from Tophatter that I am pleased with, but there are a lot of purchases that do not fit my wrist like a bangle watch and a double wrap watch w/charm. Try to get a refund. I have left emails, with pictures as they requested. What part of does not fit around my wrist mean? Duh. You have to look very closely at the items for the quality. A lot of the items are either pictured real big and are very small when you get them or just the opposite and outright ugly. I have been pleased with the rings I ordered. One is actually more beautiful in person than was pictured. No green on fingers yet, but it hasn't been that warm outside. Some of the bracelets are so hard to get on, it irritates me and I end up not wearing it at that time. If a size is listed, it is exact or a little smaller. After I receive the remaining items and hopefully get a refund for two of the items I can't wear because they don't fit, I most likely won't order from Tophatter any more. It's a crap shoot as to what your items actually will look like when you get them. Working with China on a lot of their items and they don't want to refund your money. You have to bicker with them over and over! BEWARE!

lynnw42
5/8/16

I'm on a fixed income and was looking for Christmas for my kids. Ran across this site saw things I liked and won the bids. That was late August of 2015....now May 2016 no merchandise and no refund.

debrak27
5/7/16

I have been doing a lot of online looking at prices. I have found most items are cheaper through sites like Amazon. Especially the perfumes and colognes please check the size your bidding on. They are going for $30 and more when you can buy for less than $10. Smart watches are cheaper online also these tablets brand new are only $35 to $50 online. As for the jewelry I have found are a good buy only go for sterling silver ones.

genevan1
5/5/16

I.received very little merchandise that was actually as described. Most of the rings look like the rings that come free in candles. Several pieces were broken.double charged on several items and no response.on a refund. Lesson learned.....I have been screwed. ..

lisag138
5/3/16

Looking for answers to how sellers can sell so cheaply on this site and I found many really bad reviews instead. I've bought several pieces of jewelry and while I don't know for sure if any of the stones are "real" I can say I've been very pleased with the quality. Very pretty, and well made. Silver appears real. Settings are secure. No glue, and I'm not turning green. I've made a couple mistakes, bidding/winning items I didn't intend to bid on and have been responded to promply and refunded immediately. Everything so far has arrived quicker than expected. If people are truly being ripped off, I certainly don't want to invalidate that, but I've bought so many things now and am truly happy with everything. I bought Lior gold face cream for $28 that truely is normally like $600. It's amazing stuff. The jewelry is gorgeous too. I still can't figure out how these items can be sold so cheaply, but I am very happy about it. For my own sanity, I won't buy electronics this way. I feel it's too impulsive to buy things like that, this way, but the jewelry has been a great deal.

ernestf9
4/30/16

If it isn't a reproduction, faux stones, or blatant outright junk then it's simply too good to be true. No one sells a $429.00 msrp ring for six bucks plus shipping. My wife and daughter got sucked into thier app and lauded the great deals from this app. It's all pure bull$#*!. That $429.00 ring that she bought for $6.00 + $5.00 shipping is a 10.00 dollar ring at most. My daughter bought an early American monetary note for $15.00 plus 6.00 shipping. Nowhere in the description did it say that she was bidding on a reproduction note. After you win you get a description of what you won. No where in the description does it say reproduction but when it arrived and she gave it to me all proud because she bought papa something he liked, I had to crush her fragile psyche when I showed her where it said "copy" in small black letters across the bottom. No she didn't commit suicide you sick bastards but she was disappointed that she got dupped into buying a fake. So buyer be ware and just stay the hell off this app and website. It really is $#*! people.

marya420
4/29/16

Went on the site. Was given 10 bucks. Then they suggested I use the app. 10 bucks went away. I ordered a few things. Bid prices great, shipping throws cost UP. I have 4 items that are "registered". No time to be running to post office. Final straw, aromatherapy locket that does NOT come with aroma pill or tab. Seller offered a cloth with scent on it. Tophatter did not want to cancel. I probably won't get all my items. I don't CARE.. . Deleted that !

rebeccab106
4/29/16

I bought a lipstick from seller "Alice" and the color was wrong. I was supposed to get a light mauve (purple) color and received a coral (orange/red) color. Seller would not resend or refund. Opened case with Tophatter over three weeks ago and case is still open. I have tried over and over to get a hold of an actual person but no phone number to call. They send a generic email response to customer support questions. I want to delete the app from my phone but I check the case everyday hoping for a resolution. I am so frustrated. The item is COUNTERFEIT and NOT AUTHENTIC! Why is it so hard to decide?

5/17/16 Update - Still no refund! I had to return item and still trying to get my money back. Tophatter said I need to contact seller to try to get a refund. WHAT???? Isn't that why I opened a case? This is soooooooo ridiculous.

janeg12
4/28/16

I inadvertently ordered something which I had misread as being something else. I paid with PayPal which I always do since there is always recourse with them. I immediately contacted the seller and after going back and forth for a couple of minutes, I was told there was a problem with the server and the refund couldn't be processed then. I told myself, oh boy, this is going to be a problem. Next day, I got notification from PayPal that the refund had been processed. I did auction on a couple of other items which were put into shipment the next day and are still in the shipping process. I understand that you get what you pay for and what I purchased was reasonable enough that if it turns out to be junk, then that's ok. I enjoy the auctions. I am glad that they do show the country of origin.

lorrainea7
4/27/16

The customer service was excellent. I would purchase again. It's a really fun bidding site, and the items can cost way more on other sites. Loved it. Hats off to Kumar!!

susan-w
4/27/16

Part 2 of dealing with Tophatter. Since I did not provide a copy of my drivers license and credit card, the most recent purchases that I made with PayPal were refunded. I did not buy them with the credit card, I bought them using PayPal and yet they still wanted to see my drivers license and credit card. This is the message I received:

Tophatter has issued a refund of $55.00 for order #12752806. Please allow 3 to 7 days for the refund to appear on your account. You can view the refunded order here.

Note: Tophatter refunded this order because we had asked to verify your card and did not hear back. Refunds to credit cards take 2-3 business days to settle. If you use online banking you will see the refund in 2-3 business days.

If you have not received a refund for this sale, or you believe that the refund has been issued in error, please contact the seller directly to resolve the issue.

I contacted one of the vendors and asked if I can make a purchase with them directly and was told that the order was canceled and the item is no longer available to me.

There is no logic and this is not a reputable company.

shabrellh
4/27/16

STAY AWAY FROM LISA WHO SELLS THE STEVE MADDEN SUNGLASSES. She will take your money and you will never see your item.When you tey to resolve the issue with her,Lisa will block you from contacting her.

bobbiem24
4/25/16

I am still waiting for my tablet and 2 watch that I paid for

rowenaw2
4/25/16

This jewelery is cheap n junk ,,,,I will never be taken in by you again ,, I will tell all the junk you sell and I report you to BBB.

michellem165
4/23/16

This seller is auctioning diamond accent jewelry and there isn't even a diamond chip on some of their crap! TopHatter would rather side with liars than make things right for the customer. As soon as I get an item returned, I am reporting this scam to the BBB.

tammyf25
4/23/16

SITE IS TOTAL RIPOFF AND OFFER NO PROTECTION TO BUYERS...SAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY FOR EBAY! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS VIA EMAIL AND DO NOT GET BACK WITH YOU. YOU ARE FORCED TO SEND BACK WRONG OR DAMAGED MERCHANDISE AT YOUR EXPENSE. SHIPPING IS ASTRONOMICAL AND CANNOT COMBINE SHIPPING BUT SELLERS CAN SHIP ALL ITEMS TOGETHER AFTER YOU PAID $5 OR MORE PER ITEM. MOST SELLERS ARE ALSO ON EBAY, ETSY AND AMAZON SO STAY WITH THE SITES WHO OFFER TRUE BUYER PROTECTION!

mistym11
4/21/16

Poor customer service. My card wouldn't go through. My bank locked my acct after trying to purchase an item.

janetteh
4/16/16

If you accidently touch the line between pics you have bidded on that item you have to pay for something you dont want or you will be kicked out of the auction I had spent hundreds of dollars on site but I had two misbids they lost a very good paying customer on items I actualy bid on! Never again !

debbies88
4/14/16

I was so excited when I found this site that I just keep ordering. I had ordered around $400.00 worth of junk before I received my first products. Well, I was in for a rude awaking! The watches don't keep date, even though it is on there, the watch phone requires a Sims card and RT something and they come from China. I can not understand how to get them to work. I have 4 phone watches that I can't use yet. I bought a soap dispenser that you just stick your hand under it and it comes out....NOT...most of the soap is on my counter. Don't Buy!

melissas126
4/13/16

I ordered a ring from the site, and while I do not expect costume jewelry to look like my diamond jewelry, for $20 I expected it to be well made enough to at least have the desire to wear it. This was the BIGGEST piece of garbage I have EVER received from on line. Never again will I order from you, and I will do my BEST to make certain as many people as I can are made aware of the junk you are selling. The ring didn't even have simulated stones, it had STICKERS!!!! Are you kidding me!! I have gotten bubble gum macine rings that looked better!!! Listen to me people the jewels are STICKERS!!!! I cannot even wrap my head around that! I would love to send you your piece of garbage back!

kammig
4/13/16

This site is crap 99% of the stuff on the site can be found on wish.com for $1.....so its junk!! If you do happen to bid and buy something hope and pray that your item is to your liking because if there's an issue you won't get a response about cancelling or trying to get a refund. My advice is stay away from this site!!

donnah83
4/12/16

Yes I have a question? Where's my refund? They don't respond when emailed about a refund. I will never ever do business on this site again. BEWARE

jannier2
4/12/16

After too many items arriving defective, broken, CHEAP, fake, used, you name it, TOPHATTER doesn't help the buyer, ALWAYS sides with the seller on every single case, stuff comes from CHINA and is nothing but JUNK! Wasted too much time on this site, never heard back from any disputes, the sellers always have lame excuses. They sold me a used refurbished coffee maker as brand new. IT'S A SCAM. MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER WAS STOLEN FROM THEIR SITE AND I HAVE FRAUD PROTECTION, STAY AWAY FROM TOPHATTER AND BUY YOUR STUFF SOMEWHERE ELSE, YOU'LL ONLY be SAVING YOURSELF MONEY. I hate this place. Nothing I got was worth .99. I bought my dad and his wife what was listed as BRAND NEW computer and it was a laptop computer alright, a horrible Refurbished!!! And USED. Save yourself from getting pissed off lIke me. SAY NO to TOPHATTER! They sell CHINA crap!

cathyr27
4/12/16

The only thing authentic is that it is genuine JUNK! Then try & return something...HA! Nothing authentic about this stuff-SCAM ARTISTS!!

kellyk68
4/11/16

Buyer beware! Many of these products are not advertising the true MSRP; in fact, not even close to accurate and are completely embellished! Do a google search before you hit your bid and confirm and you'll see that you can get the same product for much cheaper elsewhere (and for cheaper shipping costs)! I gave it 2 stars, only because there's the RARE occasion where you can score a product for a reasonable price.

allanl18
4/11/16

I purchased a necklace for $75. It never arrived. I contacted the seller several times. I never got a response. I filed a claim with Top Hatter and they closed the case without contacting the seller. The issued me a $5 credit that can only be used on their site and within a certain time frame. No buyer protection. DO NOT BUY FROM TOP HATTER!

joel745
4/11/16

First off they sell fake Ralph Lauren Cologne. Secondly, I've received different items then advertised. Finally, the stuff I did recieve was worthless. What a waste of time and money. Everything I did order was in the first few days of downloading tophatter. I should have read reviews. What a scam!! I've deleted app and will never return.

judit388
4/9/16

All the auctions sell crap. The "buyer protection" offered by top hatter is crap. Save your time and trouble and just flush your money.

carriec34
4/9/16

I was looking at ordering from this site, but when I looked on here most of the reviews are horrible. My only question is most of the negative reviews say they ordered multiple items from the site. If the site is so terrible, why would you continue to order from them? I had a bad experience ordering from Wal Mart online and haven't ordered from them since. Why Keep Ordering?

amyd62
4/8/16

As the old saying goes if it's too good to be true it's probably too good to be true.I purchase a sterling silver necklace stamped 925 on the clasp and when you put a magnet to it guess what, It picks it right up.this also happened with a gold anklet that I bought. Supposed to be 10 karat gold stamped on the clasp,10 karat gold, and guess what, the maget picked that right up too.I bought some makeup supposed to be ageless serum for your face, instead of 7 packets it's sent me 5.I purchased a das
k telescope. When I got the telescope the glass is broken and it clearly had been used. the paint was worn and a the parts were loose.tophatter represents fraudulent low class quality businessess.And if I had known that I was purchasing costume jewelry and low class products, I would have gone to yard sales and Walmart.

jasminep14
4/6/16

My name is Jasmine I'm a real customer of tophatter and I have had 4 successful orders. I ordered makeup products vr glasses and a set of engagement rings and so far everything has been exactly what I expected. I had one minor problem with my 5 year old bidding on a toy with out my consent. I contacted customer service through email and got a resolution to the problem the next day. I don't understand why people don't like this site but so far I am more than a happy customer

deannar10
4/5/16

I won a bid on a ring. After I was awarded 10.00 credit for initially using top hatter, my bill was 1.00. I thought I really like this app! Then I never got my item. I contacted support 4 times. They wiuldnt make the seller resend the item because the seller gave them a tracking number of the item. I tried to track the package and the tracking number was not a real one. I contacted customer support about the fake tracking number and 4 months later still no reply. I am disputing and filing a claim with the post office now. I know it was just a dollar but bad business is bad business. If I could give them negative stars that's what I would do. Don't trust these people.

doloresm7
4/3/16

I purchased a tapestry that was displayed as having a hot pink color for it's main color. It arrived and was bright orange. The company, Rami, refuses to do anything about it. Also, it was suppose to come with two pillowcases. Rami informs me that they will come from Canada, in the future. I am extremely disappointed that I have not had any buyer protection, as the website advertises that they back their customers.

sonyab10
3/31/16

Top Hatter is NOT a legitimate company! They have NO customer support. They do not care about customer satisfaction. They rip people off. I have never seen a more crooked business in all of my life! They allow their sellers to lie to the customer. Items in auctions are not as described. I could get better quality jewelry from a quarter machine. Actually I have. Lol. Not worth it! Top Hatter will scam you right into bankruptcy. And I for one am going to complain to PayPal to get my money back. And I advise any of you who paid through PayPal, but didn't receive what you paid for, to do the same. It would take a big chunk of their revenue away if PayPal pulls the plug on this scam disguised as a company. And also, report them to the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). And for the former sellers who saw their illegal practices from the other end of the spectrum, please report them to the IRS. It is high time that Top Hatter gets shut down. Not all the people who they rip off can afford it. If I had a lot of money to throw away, I wouldn't have been on that site to begin with. And for those of you considering buying electronics from top hatter, DON'T! The tablets that they claim are 100 dollar tablets, You can buy from almost anywhere for 30 to 40 dollars. And if you buy anywhere else, You have a warranty and a return window. If nothing else, buy from Amazon. I have bought 3 tablets in the last month that I was not satisfied with the performance, Each one, Amazon paid the return shipping and sent UPS to pick it up from my house. And they can do an advanced refund, so you don't have to wait until they receive the item or even until they pick it up. The money is issued to you immediately. I buy everything from Amazon.

jesusg18
3/31/16

. Everything that I've ordered except for coins is junk it seems like it's a scam don't buy

84 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other customers.

Tophatter?