US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kimberlye2

For buyers it is a nice little site to buy stuff on, until you realize how cheap the sellers get the items for. (in 45 reviews)

carolinep5

Home items, Designer Beauty (where I spend the most), the Rewards auctions, the various Electronics auctions... (in 42 reviews)

tammib1

Stay far away unless you want to purchase items that don't work and waste your money. (in 32 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

travisb30
3/31/15

I purchased several items from rings to purses to tablets ..all tablet were great recived timely, so i bought ring it was nothing like pic no reply from seller till i posted review..nothing done...then i bought some coach purses one new with tags wasnt ..no lluk no reply from tophatter ...then bought new purse got something total different again judt stuck no reply from tophatter just seller after i posted bad review still nothing...just uses ebay so u can get exactly what u want and what the picture show...and ebay backs there buyers ..

tammib1
3/30/15

I received a defective item from a seller and I contacted the seller and they said they would contact the company regarding the warranty. I didn't hear from them for almost 2 months. I contacted them again and they informed me that I need to contact the company for an exchange but I should use their name! This is fraud! I told them I couldn't do that and they refuse to talk to me now. I contacted tophatter several times regarding this matter and received no help from tophatter. They sent me an email saying "the matter is closed" and would offer me no help. Stay far away unless you want to purchase items that don't work and waste your money.

akishac
3/29/15

Tophatter sells knock off merchandise, I wouldn't trust anything bought on tophatter and they have people bidding in their own merchandise driving up the price.

lucindaw2
3/26/15

I've been on tophatter for almost a month now,and I'm nothing but pleased with everything that I have bought and the customer service. I haven't received anything that I didn't like or did anything show up looking different from when I bid on it.....

Tip for consumers: Just pay attention to your bidding, don't be impulsive, bid wisely.

anap23
3/25/15

They take the sellers money! They don't pay when you sell something! Stay away from this company PLSSSSSSS! I sold good brand like coach, Michael Cords. One lady called me from the company wanting me to have my own show their but said I would be charge $2 for every item I put their even if it get sold or not and then get 20% fee charge for items sold! Even though I am the one doing all the work and putting the time!!!!!!!!! The company uses people and all they do is cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

margiem4
3/24/15

"DR LOVE" was in on a bid I was trying to win,along others ( gold eye creme). They kept winning, so I was just watching cause I know the item was coming up again. They won ( of coarse) . I continue to watch and low and behold there they are again in the next bid. Wow!! So just to be sure I knew what was going on the item came up again..and again, yep! They were in the bid again same item. They bid and I deliberately bid so he can see my name appear. I emailed tophatter and reported. I then went into that auction and they were gone. Stay very far from this horrible site!

jessicap47
3/24/15

Stay away from this auction site!!! As a seller, their fees are very high, customer service is bad, you have very little choices on were to sell your items and they charge way too much for shipping!!! All of that extra shipping money does not go to the seller but the company!!! They charge 50 cents to $1 to put your item in the auction and if it doesn't sell too bad. If the buyer has a credit, they just pass the credit onto the seller. Plus they charge 10-20% of the final selling price. Their system does not work. You don't get paid till the item gets to the buyer but even though my tracking says the item arrived, I still have not been paid!!! This is possibly the worst experience ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cathym36
3/19/15

I made a great purchase, paid and the seller says she didn't get the payment. Now I'll at best lose the deal and at worst lose the deal and my money and tophatter won't even contact me about it. They know they got paid so what's the problem. The two best deals I made the sellers found a excuse to cancel and tophatter couldn't care less. Very dissappointing.

mariet31
3/16/15

The auctions are All rigged, all same products. There is No new buyers!! Noone can sign up to buy....Its just a smoke screen!! Tophatter customer service is poor and doesn't give any information other than a cheap blow off. Most of the items are drop shipped and if you are looking for an jonest auction, this is far from honest! I know a couple sellers and they scam behind the scene. They have friends overbid for them, what you get with Tophatter is a smoke screen scam!!

kathyc42
3/15/15

Ok you all Wright negative reviews but I have found perfume that's $100 a bottle for 30 and $50 when you're on a budget that's a big saving so it's an A+ life for me I had a couple of problems with my credit card and they fixed it right away everybody has been excellent and I really like the place and I recommend it. Kathy C
P.S. fair warning it's very addictive but really Fun

brendab27
3/8/15

This is one of the worse sites I have ever been involved with. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THIS APP: DELETE IT!!!!!!
If I could give it no stars I would.

Tip for consumers: DON'T DO IT!!!!!

kristinat2
3/8/15

This site is great if you are buying but eventually there will be nobody to buy from. If you are a seller, tophatter will take advantage of you.

First of all, the fee setup is out of control. They fail to tell you that they add shipping to the fee since you have the option to 'print the shipping label for free'. This means that if you ship for less than that fee, they keep the rest and if the shipping doesn't cover it, you are SOL. If you are a dropshipper, you may run into a couple of problems with this such as
1. you may not be able to upload a shipping label
2. you may be charged to upload the shipping label
3. your base shipping might be less than the 3$ minimum they charge or
4. your shipping may be free. If 3 or 4 is your case, list as free shipping because you will be eating the cost either way via your own pocket or your profit. At least free shipping may encourage an extra bid or 2.

They also work on a gradual fee percentage scale which you will not know unless you dig through months of forums since it is not listed up front when you schedule an auction. They may charge 9% up to 20$ and then 10% after 20. To any normal company this means if you sell something for 21$ they will charge you 1.81 (9% of 20) and then .10 (10% of the 1$ that exceeds 20). Nope, not Tophatter. What Tophatter doesn't tell you is that they will charge you 9% of 21 and then 10% of 21 and they will write it off that way because I guess it looks better than saying 'we are charging you 19% because you made an extra dollar.' Let me break this down for those who are not math savvy.
If I sell something for 20$ my fee will be $1.81
if I sell something for 21$ my fee will be $3.99
Big difference, right? I literally made less than I would if it had sold for 20.

Now let's say you are ok with all of this and list something. This will be the most fun of your life. Your first listing will go up and be auctioned off within 10 minutes. Get yourself a a comfortable chair and a couple of movies waiting on the next one. Tophatter's policy will only allow you the post 1 time a day up to 5 items until you get 20% positive feedback. Tophatter also works on a priority system based on seller ratings. So until you get your 5 items and feedback, not only can you list ONCE a day for only 5 days, but everyone that already has their feedback will be pushed in front of you in the auction. I would understand a 'skipping the line' privilege once or twice a day, but every time? My item was listed at 10am (literally, I just checked my text confirmation) and didn't get auctioned until 8pm when it was about to close for the day. I would go from the top of the list back down to the bottom without fail over and over again because someone wanted to re-list the same ring over and over every time it sold.

When I finally did sell mine it was all within the first week. I am quick with same day shipping. Shipping takes 5-7 days (unless you have issues with weather, holidays, and life) in which case in reality you usually assume 10 days. I have been sitting back for 3 weeks now waiting on someone to give me feedback because I am blocked until I get some. Every one of my items have been shipped and delivered. I have messaged requesting feedback. I have contacted customer support (who was so gracious to send me 4 emails to answer a survey on their response but have yet to give me a response). I have even sent a free gift out for being 'great customers' trying to get feedback.

My week on tophatter brought in a grand total of $103 in sales. After fees, cost, shipping, I have made a profit of (drum roll) 25$. It seems great and exciting and it does give a rush watching your items auction off, but despite how alluring it looks, the reviews are true.
I have gone back to ebay and etsy and am back to making 400+ a week.

Tip for consumers: LMAO

patrician17
3/7/15

We will be kicking off the Fabulous Fashionable Jewelry Finds Auction on March 8TH (Tommorrow) at 6PM, CST. Tophatter is a very legitimate site with buyer's who fail to ask questions or read descriptions of items before bidding. My PA is tommorrow, come and visit us and see how it's done.

We are located here: http://tophatter.com/auctions/57938-fabulous-fashionable-jewelry-finds

Tip for consumers: Please read or ask questions before bidding!

rebeccaa21
2/24/15

Tophatters catters to sellers an fee there sellers out og profit. Buyers can leave a negative feedback an your unable to defend your good name or business without getting suspended from the site. I payed $20 in fees today an made $2. Beware buyers an selllers. Most of the jewelry is cheap metal and tophatter knows it. The top sellers are actual employees of tophatters. The ceo is known for opening sites an making millions and taking off with the money. BE VERY AWARE OF THIS DISHONEST SITE

ivelissei
2/24/15

I purchased several items believing the guarantee Top hatter offers you, but I regret it... everything is fake!

rhondal9
2/21/15

Beware.... Total rip off, they do not stand by their products. The items are from China they break the same day you get them. The outside vendors are selling defeated items! I bought a LV bag $135 plus $10 shipping..never used it until last week I pulled out my phone it was covered in a tan sticky goop you can get off, all my items in that bag are painted with tan sticky goop all ruined.. I looked inside the bag and the lining is shredded the bag is melting!! Sent the girl a text, she said oh now your telling me? Sorry after 5 weeks? Your problem. So I contacted tophatter will see what they say...if they don't stand by the cousumer I will proceed in other ways. I also bought 3D mascara came to me empty, she sent another one... Empty...!!!! WTF bought perfume saw it on line for $10 at Walmart immediately cancelled my order they said it was shipped? Come on it was 10 minutes later! I see what's going on they are getting these perfumes at Walmart and making money...SCAM

joyceh15
2/15/15

this is the worst site people who think those purses are real crazy get the serial number and call coach those purses are not real the LA & elf makeup only cost $1 at most local stores they say it's retails for $40 and people bid all the way up to $40 the apple products are discontinued are refurbished and they do not have the manufacturer warranty and people are paying over what they cost in the store.but if you have money to throw away.

robertj64
2/14/15

This site is not for anyone that once top-quality are good quality merchandise mosses stuff is very cheap if it is benefits refurbish make sure you find out when it was refurbished with the age of ideas I had bought an iMac and after the fact found out that it was from 2006 I tried several times to contact the seller to find out exactly what was involved in it never return my emails or my tax company doesn't back doesn't stand behind the consumer they will stand behind their vendors I had opened three different cases and was refused on two so far the iMac did not come where malls in Kawai keyboard didn't come with a manual income what anything at all I could got the same thing for $10 more on eBay and got the complete works another item that I purchase was for iPads only I got an iPod would not work, he basically said SOL and never text back so besides the vendors being very cheap on the merchandise that they get and the top header not back in their buyers but back in the vendor's first I will not order from their company again before you order anything from them please do your research because you will not find everything out from the vendors or from top header as you can see I'm not real happy with the company announced it good eBay or some the penny sites and go from there

Tip for consumers: The tip I have for others it might use this site if you see something do a lot of research on it they repeat many items over and over and over most of the time the shipping is overrated to again do your research before you buy you planned out that you're buying some very cheaply made

leahm14
2/14/15

Too bad you can't rate any less than one star! This site is absolutely terrible! Avoid it at all costs! I have not personally sold anything, but I have bought. Some of the sellers are okay, but if you visit their websites, and even on amazon, it is a lot cheaper. They try and jack up the prices and sell to you on this 'auction site'.
I bought a jacket. $70 of my hard earned money. Not only did the jacket not come, but I also got no message responses from the seller. I sent multiple requests for my money and messages to Tophatter, but got no response. I guess they just don't care and only want their money.
RUN!

karenh62
2/3/15

This is for any seller who may be toying with the idea of starting to sell merchandise on the Tophatter platform: RUN. FOR. YOUR. LIFE.

The owners of Tophatter are only out for themselves. They are upset to see that their perceived billion dollar idea only turned out to be worth millions, therefore they spend their days scheming on new policies and modifying procedures to siphon an additional dollar here and there from every seller's rapidly diminishing profit margins.

They treat their sellers more like a tiresome burden than a customer of their service. Any seller concerns voiced to staff are either brushed aside with a corresponding generic e-mail template or, more than likely, just flat out ignored all together.

Meanwhile their flawed feedback system leaves you highly vulnerable to customer extortion, and your selling privileges can be snatched away at any moment grinding your business to a complete halt.

All changes in policy or procedure are only geared toward increasing their profit at the cost of the seller, and while these new changes are typically disguised as "optional" during presentation, you will quickly discover your selling abilities to be negatively affected until you agree to get on board with their wishes. This is a recurring theme -- they use passive-aggressive tactics to forcefully carry out their will against the demands or wishes of their dedicated sellers. In spite of them.

Fees increase steadily as attendance levels are on the decline, which in and of itself is an insight into the overall health of the site. If you are crazy enough to get involved selling here in light of these facts, I wish you the best. Save yourself the anxiety and depression today and stay away!

Tip for consumers: Buyers can find some great deals because the declining attendance levels means less bidders. Most sellers are losing more than they earn so now is a great time to buy.

Sellers -- stay away. You do not want this kind of stress, anger and resentment to cause a deep riff of depression in your life.

jenniferz8
1/20/15

I am going on 15 days of trying to get TopHatter to refund my $152.00 that the took out for payment on the same item twice. I email them the bank records. the double withdrawals were simultaneously in sequential order. csse #583551. I will be filing a BBB complaint tomorrow

Tip for consumers: Make sure you check you bank it credit card statements the following day for double charges

leno23
1/19/15

As a new seller on Tophatter I find their methods of operation ridiculous. They allow you to sell 1 item per day and all of my items that actually got listed have appeared at 7 am in the morning. They charge you hefty fees upfront and really you keep paying and nothing sells . I predict they wont last long with the absurd rules the have for sellers
This is the only auction that I have actually lost money ! I'm out!!!

juliaw16
1/16/15

I was blown away at the number of bad reviews until I realized most are from former sellers talking about being mistreated on the selling side. Well, as a customer/buyer, I can't speak for the sellers but I am obsessed with Tophatter! To date, I have purchased 10 or so Coach handbags, a few Michael Kors items & a Dooney wallet; all of which were 100% authentic and well below retail cost. Most of my Coach bags are hard to find and I bought some for $100 less than Ebay. If you do not have the knowledge to know an authentic item vs. a knock off, then do your homework and then shop here instead of complaining about being ripped off when chances are, what you bought is probably authentic and you just don't know it.

In short, I highly recommend for their designer handbags & to not be turned off by the numerous irate former sellers. They treat their customers (buyers) very well and that's what matters to me.

deborahb26
1/12/15

I have no idea why there are so many negative reviews on Tophatter. I have purchased 9 items so far, mostly Betsey Johnson and Juicy Couture handbags and jewelry. I have had a FANTASTIC experience so far. Great deals on beautiful items. Always shipped asap, exactly as described. The auctions are real time, as well as buy it now opportunities on every item. I have already saved hundreds of dollars and the sellers are totally reputable. Gals...I read up on this site and after seeing all the negative reviews, I proceeded with caution. Tophatter has proven to be THE PLACE to buy everything from jewelry, designer everything, to bedding and more!!! Bidding is fun. I have never had to pay the asking price, and bidding is fun!!!! TRY SHOPPING ON TOPHATTER! I do not work for them in any way, just want other consumers to know the absolute truth about this fantastic online website! Jadesmom, Las Vegas, Nevada

Tip for consumers: TRY TOPHATTER! If you enjoy shopping at a reputable online site, you will be supporting consumers instead of corporations, and love the great merchandise and the money you will save!

cynr
1/9/15

I see a lot of bad reviews for Tophatter and I myself can not comment on sellers since I haven't actually sold anything through them however I am a buyer and I buy a lot of things mostly coach purses and I am aware that fakes are out there however I never buy at the auction themselves until or unless I have investigated first thoroughly by checking the bags, getting info on creeds (whether there is one in that bag and whether it has a serial number as some do not) and asking the seller before hand for personal pictures not stock ones that can be gotten off internet the pictures I ask for must contain stitching pictures and creed picture and place where purchased and I only pay with Paypal as they guarantee the purchase and will refund me if I make a mistake and get the money back themselves Also since they do not get the products themselves it seems extremely stupid to blame them for fakes you might have received they are like ebay just a go between if you don't do your homework why do you expect them to do theirs? I am smart enough to actually know how to shop don't whine if your not

Tip for consumers: Know what your doing

denises25
1/5/15

BUYER BEWARE!!! I had a terrible experience with Tophatter and seller Gems4RebelBling. This seller does not respond to questions, argues and exaggerates length of time since the shoes were ordered and received, and then purposely left me hanging when they said they would get back to me. I contacted Tophatter to make a complaint and they said there was nothing they could do because too much time had passed. I am very upset and will not purchase anything else through this site. What kind of a vendor will not refund a purchase that does not fit???

garym66
1/4/15

this place is a joke! everyone needs to know that it is more of a scam than anything else. do buyers know that the sellers dont get the shipping money!!!!!!!! tophatter takes all of the over inflated shipping monies! they are making more money on shipping than sellers are on their products. current sellers are just filling the pockets of the bigwigs and nobody seems to care. customer service?? really??? they have no clue on what customer service is. imagine, 2015 and you cant call someone there. you have to wait days for some type of form reply. buyers and sellers alike should stay away from this site that is only to make money for tophatter. they dont care about buyers/sellers at all. it is a pathetic place with a lot of site issues, goes down all the time. and they keep all of the shipping money! no discounts to sellers or buyers. if a buyer does get a break on shipping it is in the form of a credit, not even a refund. this place is a joke

Tip for consumers: stay away

roccos20
12/23/14

Tophatter does it again.....providing great customer service....lower fees and high traffic....best live auction site going.....Rocco

papap
12/21/14

I was first a buyer and then a seller. I was first happy, and then pissed off. As a buyer, I got good prices, but I also got crappy quality. So, it is what it is there. As a seller, it is EXHAUSTING trying to keep the staff updated on all their mistakes and all the fakes.

As a buyer, it never occurred to me not to pay. However, there are PLENTY of no payers and people who cancel. Buyers remorse runs rampant and there are no ramifications. Top Hatter doesn't care if buyers don't pay. They allow them to stay with the hope that they will eventually pay for something. And those who have been kicked off, just come back under a new name. It's ridiculous.

There are authentic Coach and Michael Kors items on the site. HOWEVER, there are plenty of fakes. They will let anyone sell. They don't require any proof of purchase unless a buyer makes a complaint. Any Joe Schmo can sell a crap ton of counterfeits (Alibaba) until they get caught, and then they **may** get kicked off. I had to notify the staff of counterfeit items. I had to spend my time taking screen shots and providing examples of the knock off site where the items came from. They have absolutely NO quality checks in place. Why? GREED BABY GREED!!!! They don't care as long as they are pocketing all that money and fees.

There are good sellers. The bad ones ruin it though and I would NEVER buy with confidence from the site again, knowing what I know now.

And, get this, sellers are allowed to sell items that were "free with purchase". You might might buy a Michael Kors clutch for a dirt cheap price, but it's a crappy, low quality thing that was "free gift with purchase".

There are so many things wrong with how the place is run. Low quality, high fees, no accountability, unreliable, awful support system, etc etc etc

Tip for consumers: Tip: Ebay, Amazon, Etsy, etc. Save your money for legitimate places and sell at these places where they won't continually screw you over.

ap526
12/20/14

Bought a princess carriage necklace for my daughter. NEVER got it. Tracking says delivered to an address I never even lived at took 4 months to get my money back. Seller refused it Tophatter had to pay it. They did the exact same thing to my mom a week later. Ripped her off on some rings she never got.. never did get her money..

dorothyc9
12/13/14

I am a buyer & a cancer patient. While layed up undergoing treatments I decided to check this site out. HUGE mistake. 1 item I ordered (waterfall shower head). It arrived & I was very excited to begin my therapeutic showers for relaxation. The item was defected

Tip for consumers: Stay away

laurenl17
12/3/14

I ordered about 4 separate items around the same time. 2 of them came to my correct address and the others were shipped to a very old address that I did not provide to Tophatter. The items were then listed in the system as being delivered but I have no item. I was able to convicne one of the sellers to refund the money but the other one won't. I have tried to address it through customer support which is TERRIBLE. I have opened a case with paypal to try to get my money back. My recommendation- DO NOT PURCHASE ITEMS FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!!!! STAY AWAY!

Tip for consumers: DON'T.

sc1595
11/9/14

I bought an imitation Coach Bag and they refused to grant me a refund after I filed a case. Lluvia is the seller and she was able to print a fake Coach receipt and provide it to Tophatter as "proof of purchase." Proof of authentifiaction? No. It's a scam and I'm out 150.00 for a fake bag. I called the FBI and filed a report in the sellers FBI field office in Victorville CA. I also filed a report with the Coach counterfeiting department. I will sue them for all they are worth. They ruled in favor of the seller based upon a fake doctored receipt - I stead of looking at the I side leather creed tag for the serial numbers. But they did not! So I'm going to sue this Palo Alto based firm 10-20 minutes away from me.

Tip for consumers: Counterfeit Coach Bags sold as authentic on Tophatter. Fake Coach purse

lisaw75
11/6/14

This was my first time purchase from Kendra ,bought what I thought was a coach purse but when i recieved it boy was I so disappointed,what a cheap imitation could have gone to Walmart got a better bag. Let's just say I'm deleting this site , your not going to get me a second time.Delete Delete !! Still waiting to hear from top hatter , because seller says I can only exchange my bag Lmao .

danaj9
11/4/14

These comments are from well established sellers on Tophatter and fine examples why not to sell on Tophatter.

Dear Tophatter,
Please give me a reason, just one reason, why I should continue to do business on your site? You give us auctions, then if we don't meet your standards, even when we take more lots 2 days before the auction, which is helping you out, making us run into 2 am the next day, we get lots in our next auction taken away? We get catalogs, and work hard to get them set up, and bam, they disappear, with more lame lies ,excuses, and in typical TH fashion, without warning.

Tell me why I should continue to do business with you when I'm paying you 30% of my hard earned money to be continually treated poorly? You have your employees give us the whole "if you don't like it, you can leave" speech. You act like WE, the sellers, work for YOU. You are not my employer!!! WE pay YOU for a service and you should provide us with a better service than you do. You should have the mentality that every seller counts, because big or small, we make Tophatter what it is!

I am a 5 star seller and have been since you came up with this system. All of my feedback are positive, but 3, and those are neutrals. So why would you treat me, a great seller, with great repeat customers, so poorly, to bring in drop shippers selling Made in China, Taiwan, Mexico, etc sellers?

You delete our posts when we speak our minds and tell you that we are unhappy with your changes. You are the most delusional business out there. I guess if it's not there for others to see, the problem doesn't exist, and will go away.

Social media is getting filled with the truth of how you are treating your sellers! Your greed, ego, and utter lack of business sense will be your downfall. You could have been a good thing, but instead, you think your ideas are the only ideas and the rest of us are idiots.

But it's not me who has started 3 businesses or more and failed! It is you!

So I guess I answered my own question. These reasons, and more, are why I will not be sticking around Tophatter after the new year. I made commitments to auctions and I, unlike Tophatter, am professional enough to keep my commitments. My word means something!

"My Last Two Cents"

So now on top of breaching the contract with myself and my business partner for the 5 more PA's we had scheduled for the rest of the year, where we agreed to a straight 30% of sales, they have now, without our consent, added a $1 listing fee per item as well to all of the auctions we have lined up after this week.

Screen shots have all been taken, emails gathered proving we had our auctions set up in August where we only agreed to the 30%

I know what you are doing and you are doing it pretty blatantly ~ Breach of contract is illegal in all 50 states, and the burden of proof that lies on Us, will be covered. You might think you have gotten rid of the "problem" but if you contuiue to try and shove this down our throats, I will not go quietly into the night...

I am contacting the FTC, the BBB, my local investigative news team AND a lawyer.

I may not have a strong case but I have a feeling, once I gather the rest of the sellers that you have scammed along the way, we will have a strong enough case for an investigation at least

I sure hope you treat YOUR employees better then you force them to treat us because they all might be out of a job after the holiday season. The reporter I already spoke with said it sounds like the last ditch effort to get every last cent out of the sellers that have remained because their precious "platform" is crumbling beneath them

Bad Bad business never gets good. Didn't you already figure that out after the previous 3 sites you failed at?

Obviously not.

We will all reap what we sow in the end. I promise you that

brigittew
10/30/14

Bought a surround system, didn't come with all the equipment. Emailed the seller, no response. Emailed Tophatter, they suggested I contact the seller again. Did, still no response. Contacted Tophatter again and told they me to return the system as the seller didn't respond to them either. Sent the system back. Tophatter closed my complaint case as the seller didn't respond. They are worthless. Now I'm totally out out of what I paid and the seller has the system back. What a rip off.

angeld3
10/24/14

TOPHATTER IS A BIG NO NO! HIGH FEES, AND THEY DONT TREAT THEIR SELLERS RIGHT, HAD AWFUL SUPPORT AND WAY HIGH FEES BETTER GO TO

ALMOST THE SAME SITE LIVE AUCTION SITE BUT THEIR STAFF ARE FRIENDLY AND THEY HAVE LOW FEES! BUYERS AND SELLERS JOIN THERE, U GOTTA LOVE THAT SITE I PROMISE!

barbaray6
10/19/14

I have purchased numerous items on Tophatter and have been mostly satisfied. The key is to research retail and determine whether or not TH prices are better with or free shipping. Don't get caught up in the bidding hype. I applied and was approved as a seller, but declined in the end since I saw similar items to mine going unsold repeatedly. My shipping costs are high due to the weight and type of product (mostly liquid) and it just wasn't worth it for me. But they were gracious when I explained and I've never heard anything negative from them since. This website serves a purpose for many; not for all perhaps.

tinac19
10/17/14

I'm a disgusted with the seller Canne. I was sent the wrong size recieving a 2XL when I requested a L. She says I don't do refunds on corset . Never head of such crap. I never opened it or worn the darn thing.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site. It is such a headache and a waste if mone . Please stay awa .

jens223
9/28/14

Treats their sellers like crap! Fees are outrageous! Cant make money from a site that only knows the words MINE, MINE, MINE! Like a 3 year old child that thinks they should get everything they want!

Tip for consumers: Beware!

novaw
9/24/14

Chinese resellers. You can get better deals on eBay. They take 60% commission and treat their sellers like crap.

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all costs@@@ Use eBay or Etsy!

noyas1
9/23/14

I am a customer once a seller refunds you unless you contact tophatter they keep your moeny! support never gets back to you when you email them this site works backwards ill be surprised if there still around in a year. i hope the owner reads this and understands his employees are killing this site! learn from ebay and amazon how to run a auction site instead of having your employees eat cupcakes all day!

Tip for consumers: Dont bother go on strike they are horrible clowns working there

erinb20
9/16/14

If you want a good and authentic auction site, try www.designer2u.net. It's a brand new business with fat deals. TH seems to have too many bidders and the final price of items tends to be more than you would spend if you were to go to the stores yourself.

If you like the fun of bidding and love fashion you should definitely check out designer2u!

dollyt
9/9/14

This site sucks..and the people buying are bullies..when i asked someone why they were bidding so much for a bag they could get at tjmaxx for 99.00 I was told to shut up and not spoil the fun....F...you..is my only response to that..the people bidding are idiots...cheap crap..stay away!!!

lisah82
8/29/14

I purchased a make-up kit from carie. It came to me half empty with eye shadow, and some missing. I have tried to reach her directly to no avail. I demand my money back and will not shop tophatter again!!!

Tip for consumers: AVOID!!

stacyr17
8/6/14

It is a bidding website, prices will be low or high depending on bidders. Why would anyone bid $40 for an item that is worth $6? So many good deals, Tophatter support always take the buyers side. It is fun too.

itsmarlenesi
8/6/14

I would give less that even zero star. This is the worst place to sell and I am very professional in sale and have a big experience with tophatter as well. If you sum how much you paying them you will pull out all your hairs! they just greedy, non-care, horrible company that you can find! they will charge you so much in fees that you would not even believe that it is possible. and you can see that if it will continue same way this company will no longer exist soon or only sellers with with no-brain will be there which of course will not be good for buyers too.

kimberlye2
8/1/14

I've been happy with everything I've bought. However, the Michael Kors bags are fake and the rings and other jewelry you can get for $1-$5 on a site called aliexpress instead of a $40 or $50 ring. For buyers it is a nice little site to buy stuff on, until you realize how cheap the sellers get the items for.

balulal
8/1/14

Bunch of Jokers! Read my letter to TopHatter customer Service:

Dear Top Hatter Admin, I take the time to write in detail and fully explain my issues to you, and you give me a half-ass response ‘Thank you for your comments, one of our representatives will contact you shortly blah blah blah…” but two days later you send me this form email asking me to fill out a feedback survey? Is that your idea of a"contacting me"? Would you like fries with that? C’mon.

Two issues: allowing buyers to arbitrarily cancel orders is highly unorthodox in the auction world. Your two-strike policy is not worth a hill of beans, when the buyer can just open a new account under a new name. I suspect you have implemented this policy to facilitate your internal shill bidding and as I have noticed you have an unusually high amount of buyers present at your auctions that have hundreds of bids in their 2 year history but no purchases. Boy, those guys must be really unlucky! Further, if you’re going to allow such as asinine policy to exist, for what ever reason, then at least allow the seller to offer the item to the runner up. Most of all, don’t make the seller wait three more days to get relisted, they should be re-prioritized in the que. And finally, don’t relist their auction at friggin’ 3AM when no one is on line, and still charge them the auction fee anyway when their item doesn’t sell. That is nonsense.

The same item that I sold for 30 dollars in my first auction, was FINALLY relisted a week later, after 15 reschedule requests, but at 3AM EST(6AM CT), and didn’t sell of course because no one was there. I have been unable to list since then, each time I try to schedule you guys give me some bull$#*! that it was unable to be rescheduled because there was no room in the auction, and I should try a later time… but yet no later time is available for booking because you only put current day and next day auctions on your scheduling board. The next time I try to reschedule and the very same items is rejected for completely different reason. I noticed that once my free trial credits ran out.. some how I can’t get scheduled anymore.

I paid my 1 dollar for the last auction but you aint gettin’ the next one because you went and booked me at 3AM again and of course my item didn’t sell again. Please close my account- you can eat the dollar I owe you or shove it up your fraudulent backside.

krisz3
7/28/14

Horrible site because you are getting ripped off.The suggested retail is such a joke!I could sell something and say it was suggested retail of $500 and it is no where close to that.More like $35.00 but people buy it thinking they got such a good deal.People do your research and find out before you bid on something how much it is worth.You literally could find the same thing on amazon for less and free shipping.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: As a buyer things are alright. Could you possibly tell me how it is as a seller? Are more items UNSOLD rather then SOLD? I ask this because quite often the items I attempt to sell are overlooked or not bid upon. :/
2/29/12
jd74
A: VERY WELL SAID ~ papa p.
3 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Are the cosmetic & beauty items new or is used accepted as well
5 days ago
margiem4
A: All mine were new.
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Tophatter?
Click here to post a review