US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kimberlye2

For buyers it is a nice little site to buy stuff on, until you realize how cheap the sellers get the items for. (in 28 reviews)

lisal65

The majority of the sellers are completely honest about their product. (in 29 reviews)

erinb20

If you want a good and authentic auction site, try www.designer2u.net. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

angeld3
10/24/14

TOPHATTER IS A BIG NO NO! HIGH FEES, AND THEY DONT TREAT THEIR SELLERS RIGHT, HAD AWFUL SUPPORT AND WAY HIGH FEES BETTER GO TO

ALMOST THE SAME SITE LIVE AUCTION SITE BUT THEIR STAFF ARE FRIENDLY AND THEY HAVE LOW FEES! BUYERS AND SELLERS JOIN THERE, U GOTTA LOVE THAT SITE I PROMISE!

barbaray6
10/19/14

I have purchased numerous items on Tophatter and have been mostly satisfied. The key is to research retail and determine whether or not TH prices are better with or free shipping. Don't get caught up in the bidding hype. I applied and was approved as a seller, but declined in the end since I saw similar items to mine going unsold repeatedly. My shipping costs are high due to the weight and type of product (mostly liquid) and it just wasn't worth it for me. But they were gracious when I explained and I've never heard anything negative from them since. This website serves a purpose for many; not for all perhaps.

tinac19
10/17/14

I'm a disgusted with the seller Canne. I was sent the wrong size recieving a 2XL when I requested a L. She says I don't do refunds on corset . Never head of such crap. I never opened it or worn the darn thing.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site. It is such a headache and a waste if mone . Please stay awa .

jens223
9/28/14

Treats their sellers like crap! Fees are outrageous! Cant make money from a site that only knows the words MINE, MINE, MINE! Like a 3 year old child that thinks they should get everything they want!

Tip for consumers: Beware!

novaw
9/24/14

Chinese resellers. You can get better deals on eBay. They take 60% commission and treat their sellers like crap.

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all costs@@@ Use eBay or Etsy!

noyas1
9/23/14

I am a customer once a seller refunds you unless you contact tophatter they keep your moeny! support never gets back to you when you email them this site works backwards ill be surprised if there still around in a year. i hope the owner reads this and understands his employees are killing this site! learn from ebay and amazon how to run a auction site instead of having your employees eat cupcakes all day!

Tip for consumers: Dont bother go on strike they are horrible clowns working there

erinb20
9/16/14

If you want a good and authentic auction site, try www.designer2u.net. It's a brand new business with fat deals. TH seems to have too many bidders and the final price of items tends to be more than you would spend if you were to go to the stores yourself.

If you like the fun of bidding and love fashion you should definitely check out designer2u!

dollyt
9/9/14

This site sucks..and the people buying are bullies..when i asked someone why they were bidding so much for a bag they could get at tjmaxx for 99.00 I was told to shut up and not spoil the fun....F...you..is my only response to that..the people bidding are idiots...cheap crap..stay away!!!

lisah82
8/29/14

I purchased a make-up kit from carie. It came to me half empty with eye shadow, and some missing. I have tried to reach her directly to no avail. I demand my money back and will not shop tophatter again!!!

Tip for consumers: AVOID!!

stacyr17
8/6/14

It is a bidding website, prices will be low or high depending on bidders. Why would anyone bid $40 for an item that is worth $6? So many good deals, Tophatter support always take the buyers side. It is fun too.

itsmarlenesi
8/6/14

I would give less that even zero star. This is the worst place to sell and I am very professional in sale and have a big experience with tophatter as well. If you sum how much you paying them you will pull out all your hairs! they just greedy, non-care, horrible company that you can find! they will charge you so much in fees that you would not even believe that it is possible. and you can see that if it will continue same way this company will no longer exist soon or only sellers with with no-brain will be there which of course will not be good for buyers too.

kimberlye2
8/1/14

I've been happy with everything I've bought. However, the Michael Kors bags are fake and the rings and other jewelry you can get for $1-$5 on a site called aliexpress instead of a $40 or $50 ring. For buyers it is a nice little site to buy stuff on, until you realize how cheap the sellers get the items for.

balulal
8/1/14

Bunch of Jokers! Read my letter to TopHatter customer Service:

Dear Top Hatter Admin, I take the time to write in detail and fully explain my issues to you, and you give me a half-ass response ‘Thank you for your comments, one of our representatives will contact you shortly blah blah blah…” but two days later you send me this form email asking me to fill out a feedback survey? Is that your idea of a"contacting me"? Would you like fries with that? C’mon.

Two issues: allowing buyers to arbitrarily cancel orders is highly unorthodox in the auction world. Your two-strike policy is not worth a hill of beans, when the buyer can just open a new account under a new name. I suspect you have implemented this policy to facilitate your internal shill bidding and as I have noticed you have an unusually high amount of buyers present at your auctions that have hundreds of bids in their 2 year history but no purchases. Boy, those guys must be really unlucky! Further, if you’re going to allow such as asinine policy to exist, for what ever reason, then at least allow the seller to offer the item to the runner up. Most of all, don’t make the seller wait three more days to get relisted, they should be re-prioritized in the que. And finally, don’t relist their auction at friggin’ 3AM when no one is on line, and still charge them the auction fee anyway when their item doesn’t sell. That is nonsense.

The same item that I sold for 30 dollars in my first auction, was FINALLY relisted a week later, after 15 reschedule requests, but at 3AM EST(6AM CT), and didn’t sell of course because no one was there. I have been unable to list since then, each time I try to schedule you guys give me some bull$#*! that it was unable to be rescheduled because there was no room in the auction, and I should try a later time… but yet no later time is available for booking because you only put current day and next day auctions on your scheduling board. The next time I try to reschedule and the very same items is rejected for completely different reason. I noticed that once my free trial credits ran out.. some how I can’t get scheduled anymore.

I paid my 1 dollar for the last auction but you aint gettin’ the next one because you went and booked me at 3AM again and of course my item didn’t sell again. Please close my account- you can eat the dollar I owe you or shove it up your fraudulent backside.

krisz3
7/28/14

Horrible site because you are getting ripped off.The suggested retail is such a joke!I could sell something and say it was suggested retail of $500 and it is no where close to that.More like $35.00 but people buy it thinking they got such a good deal.People do your research and find out before you bid on something how much it is worth.You literally could find the same thing on amazon for less and free shipping.

catm6
7/20/14

I have never experienced something quite like this- my relationship with TH was 3 weeks old and our business will stop there. I was a buyer, paid for my orders immediately and just ask that sellers communicate if there is an issue with shipment. I have now been called a bully and a crybaby because something I purchased was supposed to ship a week ago (gift) and the seller never responded to any request for information until I contacted TH. I requested the purchase be cancelled numerous times given the window had passed, I was ignored and she shipped the product anyway and has now proceeded to send rude and abusive messages. So, while I see some posts here from the seller perspective not being so great, let me tell you- no picnic from the buyer side unless you have a seamless transaction. If you have an issue, you can bet TH is not going to help you resolve because they want the fees associated with the transaction and will absolutely screw the buyer and allow the seller to behave like a bafoon with no repercussions.

lisal65
7/14/14

I've bought quite a few Coach items on TH and they are all very genuine, I have carefully inspected all of my purchases and they are real, even had them authenticated by a close friend of mine who works at Coach. If you believe the item that you bought wasn't authentic TH has a policy for buyers to contest the authenticity of the product and receive a full refund if the seller fails to provide proof of authenticity on name brand products. I haven't had any trouble as far as purchases go. I'm giving this a 4 star and not a 5 because as a seller the fees are absolutely outrageous. Anyhow it's unfortunate that some of you received faulty items or items other then what the seller promised. Make sure to leave feedback or take any actions necessary for a refund. I have opened a case before and the seller had to refund me my money because the item was not as described, there wasn't any hassle and I got a full refund back upon returning the item to the seller. So, so far TH is my go to site for buying Coach products, I wish I could comment on the other name brand products, but can only contest to Coach as that is my main area of purchase.

As far as the jewelry goes you need to read the description carefully. The majority of the sellers are completely honest about their product. And you should do your own research, I usually google a jewelry product and find it cheaper on other sites...just saying so research is important. Anyhow it's unfortunate how many negative reviews are on here for the site. It's really not that bad...

joannep10
7/10/14

The coach products are real and are at a great buy. I don't recommend buy the jewelry. The quality is poor and not worth it. I have brought other products and I have been happy with everything expect the jewelry.

georgeb72
7/10/14

Been selling on Tophatter since they opened in 2012. I have so many bad things I could tell you about these people, and their company. But rather than to go into all the details. Its best I just tell you to stay away from trying to sell here. Buyers for the most part get great deals on items sold there, and most of the sellers are as honest as they come. We are just trying to make a living, but Tophatter is not the place for depending on any kind of income. The fee's are just way too high. They are greedy folks who run this place, and care nothing about anything but money! So, best to stay away unless your willing to open your pockets and dish out lots of money!

lg19
7/9/14

I've been both buyer and seller! I can say the coach bags are authentic because they are screened. Jewelry however can be an issue if you buy plated make sure you r aware that plated jewelry will not hold up to everyday wear and tear. As a seller of jewelry I purchase jewelry made only in the USA and tend to sell only stainless steel because it will never change colors turn your finger green and is hypoallergenic! Don't let this one bad site ruin your experience! I also sell coach and they are authentic! And am always happy to show proof of sale! MY ADVICE IS TO TRY THIS BRAND NEW AUCTION SITE THATS IN ITS BABY PHASE, THEY TREAT BOTH BUYERS AND SELLERS WITH RESPECT AND DO NOT CHARGE THE SELLERS OBNOXIOUS FEES WHICH IN TURN CAUSES SELLERS TO PURCHASE CHEAPER QUALITY JEWELRY TO MAKE A PROFIT! I do not work for this new site but would like to see both sellers and buyers work together to meet the supply and demand of quality items. :) www.https//raiseyourpaddlez.com

polkadotbeeb
6/21/14

Im a Coach bags seller and all my items are 100% authentic and i came from coach factory.When i saw this site ad to facebook i told myself,why not try to check so i need.for me live auction is good so i decided to apply as a seller.OMGood gracious! The process to post is painful.First,you need to submit a request form from the website and wait for 2-3days for them to evaluate you as a seller.they will send you an email with link for you to go to the next process which is to fill out another form about your paypal infos and facebook account (required,if you dont have FB,forget it!) for verification after you submit,they will send you message that you can now start posting.i thought im all set but im not!..you can only post 3 item as a beginner if you sold them and ship then they will send you a message that you can now post unlimited items.You MUST ship the item and post the tracking number first before you post new item to sell otherwise they wont allow you at all.Before you post the item you need to REQUEST TO SCHEDULE each item on their Host Auctions Section to include your item to live auction group which has date,time and fees you need to pay.after you request to schedule they will send you another message saying if your request is approve.In Live auction even if you are not there your item is still go to auction or you can be there live and talk to the buyers who have questions or give more info about the item you are selling to attract more bidders.shen your item is sold you give the buyer 2hrs to pay otherwise the item is cancel and you can write a review or blocked the buyer on you next auction for unpaid item.As long as the buyer doesnt recieve the item your payment wont reflect to your paypal account.which may take a week.The problem i got is when i calculate my money..i end up losing than earning and the 10-20% of fees from the total amount is way too MUCH!!! i pulled my hair after that.Then i decided to go back to ebay the fees are less than a buck and way easy to post.Tophatter is now my TOP-HATER site.Never again!

kenyaj
6/20/14

RIP OFF!!! THEY ARE SELLNG FAKE AND USED COACH AND MICHAEL KORS BAGS!!! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY SO DISAPPOINTED

ec78
6/20/14

I SOLD 9 ITEMS ON THERE AND PAID $300 IN FEES IN 2 WEEKS. EVERYTHING I SELL IS REAL NAME BRAND!! THIS SITE BETTER LOWER THERE FEES OR THEY WILL GET SUED!! AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE I WILL BE A PART OF THAT LAWSUIT!!! SELLERS BEWARE!!!!

billyjeanp
6/12/14

Worst experience ever. I ordered a Coach watch, the band was lightly scratched and the clock was running when I received it. I did write this in the feedback and had the seller messaging me for the next hour accusing me of lyang, saying I could send it back cause she paid more for it then I did anyways, anything to try and humilate me into giving her the positive feedback she did not deserve! NEVER AGAIN will I use Tophatter.

justint25
5/23/14

Sorry,I couldn't find the "0" star rating......top hatter newest scam is Michael Kors purses from . http://www.argozeta.com/?tags=wholesale+michael+kors.html
Really good fakes but again FAKES. Because TH lets this happen,I guessing the MK is sold by staff under fictitious names

jd74
5/23/14

Liars - Thieves - Con Artists if this is the company you want in your life then TH is the place to hang out

carolinep5
5/11/14

I have bought so much stuff on TH. I would also like to mention that I am not a seller, just a buyer. I've been a member since the beginning back in 2010, and I have nothing but good things to say. I bid a lot (several times a week), sometimes I win, sometimes I have to let it go because I don't want to bid any higher. Just like anywhere else, you have to be responsible with your bidding and set your own limits.

I have had maybe two or three wins that were not satisfactory, but the sellers fixed my issues promptly and professionally. You can't just say you didn't get an item, or that it's broken. You will need to send pictures to the seller most of the time, but I never had a problem with that as it protects the seller. In the case where I had to send an item back, shipping was paid by the seller.

TH does look at suggestions and criticisms, contrary to what is stated below. In the past few months, TH has rolled out app updates, designer guarantees and best price guarantees on their stuff. The designer guarantees are incredible! If you win an item in a designer auction and think it's not authentic, they will absolutely take care of it and you will not be disappointed. The sellers in those auctions have to go through a rigorous authentication process, and they are just as anxious to prove their products are genuine! Not all sellers offer the Best Price Guarantee, but the staff sellers do. That means that if I win an item and find it cheaper online somewhere else, they either adjust the invoice (if I haven't paid) or refund the difference. I've used that guarantee so much! You can always contact a seller (through their username, not personal information) to ask if they will honor another price, too, though they may choose not to. That is where responsible bidding comes in. If you overbid, it should not be the sellers responsibility.

I have won stuff in almost every auction. Home items, Designer Beauty (where I spend the most), the Rewards auctions, the various Electronics auctions... I have never been unhappy with a single transaction.

schuylarl
5/10/14

Absolutely horrible place to sell online. I wrote an article about it -

seekyt.com/the-bad-things-of-selling-on-the-live-auction-website-tophatter-com/

celestet1
4/16/14

I really don't need to state much here expect for try Googling Tophatter and read ALL the reviews from people who have experienced their fair share of Tophatter. Then go to www.ripoffreport.com and read those reviews. I was a seller on Tophatter for 7 months yes it starts out nice until they decide if you are worth getting scheduled into their auctions or not. Their fees are high and their customer service his horrible. This is by FAR the WORST site for trying to grow your online business. Do NOT get taken into their scams. I did not catch it at first but when I saw all the FAKE items from aliexpress constantly appearing in every auction day and night I began to check out this company. I have been selling on eBay for about 10 years and my items are true to the description. I don't buy FAKE items and try to pass them off as real. Tophatter does NOT care about the sellers, As long as the money is coming in they do NOTHING. Once I questioned what was going on my ability to sell during the day was KILLED. I was limited to 11pm listing until 7am nothing more. My standards and items are not worthy of being on Tophatter and I emailed over 4,000 buyers and let them know I will be moving my items over to a new live auction site. I have investigated this site and look forward to growing my business. Save yourself the effort and READ the reviews from MANY people FIRST. Everyone cannot be telling a lie!
This company WILL go down because they do not know the meaning of HUMAN customer service. Each and every person that works there is full of CRAP. Never get a straight answer. I will make sure I spread the word around about Tophatter. Do NOT sell on their site. Do NOT buy on their site.

helenb23
4/13/14

This is what staff/owner of tophatter.com thinks about their bad reviews:

STAFF Chris E
Regardless, Tophatter is primarily mobile, and the app store reviews are more important than google search results (except when it comes to attracting new sellers).

"don't you agree that companies should not be able to control the public opinions expressed about them?"

Seller:
Tophatter should practice what they preach. TH is quick to delete opinions expressed here.

STAFF Chris E
This is the one place that we can control the editorial content, and we will continue to delete posts that unfairly or inaccurately disparage Tophatter, or anyone else for that matter.

My review:
I suffered for these people first as a buyer and at first things were ok, I did get robbed a couple of times, and then I decided to sell there maybe I could make a difference and help this company,because they were new. Big mistake! I had over 2500 great sales and just a small handful of neutral, which they (th) count as a negative.But of course they do not tell the customers leaving feeback that. They (Charles) gave my private seller information out to a customer, and the customer forwarded it to me so I would know. I had other sellers buying my things just to leave me bad feedback and it worked too, even though the staff knew what was happening they didnt care they said they would not count it bad against me but they did.I have been double charged quite a few times,never repayed.Also I was charged for refunded orders where I had to pay them (th) their money even though the sale never went through because the buyer cancelled:And lost products when the site made me give a refunds for no reason and the items were never sent back to me. They make you do it: and most of the customers know that and get all the freebies they can, they know all they have to do is complain and they will get it for free It was in the sellers forum where the buyers could also go in and read up on the new ways to get free things.I was treated horribly by them and when charles came in he really messed things up for me;If you talk too much in the forums you get deleted and then usually blocked.I am totally honest this is all real and is only the tip of the iceburg because there is not enough room here for me to tell it all. I cannot believe all the money I lost, and how many times I stuck up for this company only to be treated like I was nothing when my stars went down due to 2 other sellers taking me down.THESE GUYS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING!They should be sued.I have paperwork that says this site owes me around 10,000 dollars in illegal transactions.No Lies, they other x-sellers here know this is all true. This site is seriously vicious and I have never seen such greed, It is disgusting.

mindyb2
4/1/14

I have read all the negative reviews, and I feel like, from a buyer's perspective, they are very unfair. I have bought several items from the site and I have only had good experiences. This site is like any other in the respect that you have to make a reasonable decision as a consumer. Read the product description. No one lies or makes false claims, they tell you if you are buying 'costume jewelry' or the real deal. Of course you won't get a diamond ring set in white gold for $2. You may however get cubic zirconia set in a white gold filled setting for $2. You can also look at the seller's independent site and find a retail price for what you are bidding on. The price may be much cheaper than what the current bid is for that item, and if that is the case, simply stop bidding and buy it outright. Overall, the site is fun, and you can get good deals if you READ and make smart bids.

reneh32
3/20/14

This is a horrible place to buy or sell. Tophatter is greedy and mean and takes the nickel however they can get it. I once thought Etsy and Ebay had flaws.... I will never think that again! Stay away! I can't stress that enough. The staff sells knock off drop shipped never as described stuff and leeches the blood in fees out of sellers with great stuff.

lisaf39
3/20/14

My favorite site.... the best. I am a buyer and have had nothing but the best... so far, only been on the coach sites... I am an avid buyer of coach, and got great deals on this sight... just recently purchased from others, items have not came in yet... so, due time will tell... otherwise.... I have had sellers send me unbelievable thank you items that I would have paid more for than the coach I had bought....

katen4
3/9/14

I have sold on Ebay for 20 years and TopHatter for 3 Months. I am Handicap. So it keeps me a little busy. Well Tophatter people are so rude and money grubbing.. I would never sell there again. It was horrible.. So rude...I could go on and on But Everyone has said it all. They are Not nice people. They do not care about anyone.
BEWARE...Buyer and seller...

krism26
2/26/14

So I can't speak from a sellers point, but as a buyer I'm happy. I've gotten a necklace for $2 and an iPod shuffle for $20 from Tophatter sellers, and both are exactly as described. The problem with Tophatter (as with ANY site like it) you're going to have some fake items. Swarovski crystals? Highly unlikely on there, but you see people selling things with that description. However, I've seen the same type of false descriptions on Ebay as well. With any site, you just have to be smart about it. Do your research as well; I did see a ring go for $45 one time, and found it on Amazon for $5. Just be smart and this site can be awesome.

evanc25
2/21/14

TOPHATTER IS A GREEDY SITE!!! THEY KEPT ON INCREASING SELLER'S FEE. ASIDE FROM $2+10% SCHEDULE FEE WHICH SELLERS PAY WETHER THE IEM WAS SOLD OR NOT, THEY ADD 14% OF OF THE OVER TOTAL IF SELLER SOLD THE ITEM. SELLERS SHOULD NOT BE BLAMED IF THEY OVERPRICE SHIPPING!, IT ALL BECAUSE OF UNREASONABLE TOPHATTER FEES! TOPHATTER STEALS EVERYTHING! SELLERS WERE NOT ANSWERED IF THERE ARE QUESTIONS. AND THEY DONT REFUND TOPHATTER FEES IF BUYERS REQUESTED FOR REFUND!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!

amberh8
2/4/14

You can get Really good deals on things if the timing is righ, but research the lots before they come up for bid. A lot of the jewelry they sell is found for a fraction of the price on Amazon.
For example: there is a pea$#*! necklace I keep seeing come up for auction, with $5 shipping and bids start at $1. If you even bid on it, you have already spent $3 more than what it costs on Amazon.com.
My advice is to do your research and bid with caution.

lelat1
2/2/14

I, too, have rec'd items that were not what the listing described. I have had most luck dealing directly with the buyer on getting refunds. However, their tech people are rude and patronizing. Make a particular complaint and they respond without addressing it. Or contact them for more than one issue and you have to keep asking to get all the answers. That's where patronizing comes into play. Their website has many tech issues especially with the app. I don't use that but see complaints during auctions. I have one favorite seller that sells vintage and "real" items so I go back. But just for those items. Especially glad that Paypal is a payment option because now I don't really trust their system.

julieo4
1/28/14

Can you see me rolling my eyes right now??
Done with top hatter as a seller because they are constantly changing their rules,policies,etc. I'm pretty sure they steal other sellers ideas for use of their own sales. Their chit is all from AliExpress mostly. Have you ever noticed how many "staff" selling their items. Let's see there's Posh,Emma ,James Waddington...they are all staff. They also continue to have sellers sell counterfeit makeup from AliExpress. Mac,Urban Decay,and all the other makeup com. do NOT sell wholesale period.

katel39
1/21/14

bought a necklace for $7.00 from Stephanie Melski (seller). never received, never responded to my emails. Paypal refunded the amount. Sure the stuff is pretty and reasonable in cost, but I never got the merchandise. Never again.

saras37
1/12/14

Do not waste your money! Everything is fake even if it claims to be 100% authentic. Terrible customer service. I can't believe they are allowed to promote fake items and allow buyers to spend their hard earned money on the counterfeit items. Contacted top hatter in regards to the authenticity of the products to have the sellers removed from the site so they don't trick any other unsuspecting buyers and top hatter did not care that the sellers were lieing and stealing people's money. They advised me to open a case or contact the seller. Ridiculous ! I don't even want the hassle of sending the product back an risk not getting my money back I have no trust in the business's anymore top hatter. Please everyone stay away do not trust your card #s to this company do not buy anything ! No matter how good of a deal it seems ....it's fake!

erinah
1/5/14

I can't say how many things I've found in this website being "sold" that are complete rip off. I found a necklace up for bidding that's worth $6 including free shipping on a website similar to eBay. That was bid up to $45 and the description claimed "Swarovski crystals." First thing I noticed from the picture was, "you have to be shetting me if you think that's genuine Swarovski. The mark isn't even there." Save yourself from being scammed and ripped off and Stay away from this website. If you want to sell or buy things, you're better off selling on eBay or other websites, just not this one.

melonyl
1/5/14

I have sold on Top Hatter since Sept. 2012 on a part time basis. I work a full time job also. I have sold 878 items all with positive feedback I am currently and have been ever since they started the rating system a 5 star seller. I have received a total of 6 neutral feedbacks since starting. 1) Sold a sterling silver ring w/simulated diamond $12.00 - customer wrote it looked fake - I contacted the buyer and offered a full refund - no response from the buyer - sold identical ring later in auction for $90.00 buyer loved it. #2) customer bought ring with echeck for $8.00, echeck bounced, was instructed by TH to wait and see if it went through a 2nd time before cancelling the sell, it bounced a 2nd time. Was instructed by TH to mark the item paid to get it off the books and then I could relist. TH pressured this buyer to leave feedback, the so called buyer left a neutral feedback since we had not really had a transaction other than her bounced checks and holding up my inventory for over 5 weeks. A neutral counts as a negative so I had a star taken away from me for this transaction. Contacted TH they refuse to remove. #3) I sold a purse for $12, customer left neutral feedback with no explanation - I contacted customer offered full refund if they were uphappy with the item (I personally thought it was ugly but I did not bid on it) no response from buyer. #4) sold a ring to a buyer that indicated it was a size 9, my invoice from my buyer reflects that the item is a size 9. Customer received ring stated that it was too small and no way was a size nine. I responded that they may have made an error I could refund or see what I had for exchange. This was on the 31st of December. I did space the customer out due to being very busy during that time and did not respond again to her until the 3rd when I saw that she left neutral feedback. We are now working an exchange. Now with the #3, and #4 neutral coming so close to each other TH has stated that I had a high number of complaints about my products and that I would now be limited to the number of items I can sell (which so far has been none) I was also in the middle of a fight with TH because they were offering a $10 credit to new customers but they were making me honor the credit. In other words I did not get the money for credit until after I had shipped the item. I was not the one that offered the credit so at no time should it have been taken away from my funds. Because of being vocal about that they used the two neutrals as an excuse to quit listing my items. I recently posted this infomation in the community forum and have since been banished for unwarranty TH Bashing (Are you Kidding me!) here is what I wrote:

"Just in case some of you are unaware TOP HATTER is one of the most unethical companies I have ever dealt with! They completely rob their sellers, they threaten them with extortion every time they feel you are not in compliance with their ways. I have sold on this site for over a year now. I have been treated completely unfair by staff with several incidents. The latest being that they gave a shipping credit to some of my buyers but the problem was first it was shipments to Canada which I charge $10 it cost $6.71 for a 3 ounce package, include the package and label and ink cost I dont feel that $10 is excessive at all, but anyway TH credits these buyers then tells me that when I process their shipment then I will receive a $10 credit towards my seller fees. Well last time I looked I am 51 years old, old enough to make my own decisions about how I want to handle my money! They already completely rob us as sellers in fees. But now since I got verbal about the $10 expense because I had three shipments to Canada all of the sudden I get three neutral feedbacks and guess what now im being told since i have such a high ration of negative feedback that I need to re-evauluate my products and selling habits, but lets not mention that I've gone over a year with nothing but positive feedback and a lot are repeat customers. I encourage each of you to google TH complaints and you will see the real TH picture then. I knew these guys were underhanded and greedy but I have made so many wonderful friends in customers and other sellers I hated to leave. but now not much of a choice. I would recommend that you pack up now and find another site to sell because you eventually will be dealt the same blow. It is very sad, but you will never get assistance from these folks because they just flat dont care. they want your money and if you have sold here anytime at all you know that they get it! all your doing by staying here is keeping the greedy mongers in business. I wish you all luck."

"The Community Managers in this community have deemed your behavior inconsistent with Get Satisfaction's Community Guidelines and have suspended your participation privileges because of Abuse. They have also included this message: "Unwarranted TH bashing. If you would like to engage in a private discussion with the company regarding your participation status, please contact them at katie@tophatter.com. You can continue to participate in other Get Satisfaction communities."
Just another example of how they control you. They treat their sellers like they are toddlers. They allow you no means to fight back or tell your side of a story. You threaten them because of using unethical business practices and your banned.
As a buyer or seller on this site you are doing nothing but making money for these morons. They are greedy, have no business morals, or life morals and are only out for the almighty dollar. I would stay very far away from this site in either capacity to say the least as a buyer your gonna get screwed buying merchandise that is not what it claims to be, as a seller they will suck you dry until they are through with you then salaveeeeeee......

roberth104
12/31/13

If your a seller stay away from this site. Their feedback system is flawed. There actually people on there that use it to blackmail you in refunding their money even tho they received their items. I sold many things and a lot of buyers do not leave feedback. The fees are outrageous as many others have stated. Then when I sold about 10 items. 2 of the items were damaged during shipping and I refunded and resent the items to the customers. They left negative feedback and since no other buyers had left feedback they closed my account. Thats a great way to run an auction site. It will be amazing when they shut down and/or get shut down for fraud or illegal actions with this new system they are trying to implement

fuckt
12/26/13

Come to this site if you want to get ripped off, buyer and seller alike. If you want exorbitant fees and absolutely no customer service, come to this site. This site encouraged dropshipping with staff actually telling us what to sell and now discourages it There are so many fake products here its unreal, the quality items do not sell, instead only low quality ones do making for angry buyers and bad feedback. the system is completely flawed. they tell buyers to commit fraud by charging back via creditcard or bank, something that is only for if your card is stolen, not remorse. they talk about how they use paypal because its so safe but come the end of jan they are going to be the MOR and have access to your bank account, i cant see many people sticking around for this company to go bankrupt a third time (reference; blippy, heartsy)

kristind3
12/26/13

Tophatter once was a fun site. They have people promoting them saying that you can get a Coach bag for $1. Not true! I have been a buyer and a seller with them off and on for a few years. This time, I walked away and won't be back. You can wait all day for your item to get scheduled as a seller, then it can go up and the buyer can actually cancel the item immediately! It used to be an awesome moneymaker and I could use it as sole income. With all of the fees and the functionality of the site, they continued to "fix" what was never broken until they've come up with an outrageous method to create money but it's not off of the buyers. It's off the sellers. It's like a fast-paced consignment shop and whoever said that you could find this stuff on eBay at a much cheaper price, is TOTALLY correct. The expensive rings that you just paid $46 for are less than $5 IF that. The reason quality of merchandise went down and shipping rates went up is merely because sellers are trying to adjust the cost of their products to attempt to continue to sell and actually MAKE a dollar or two after paying fees. You can easily pay $75 in fees in a couple of days and maybe walk away with $30 profit. IF THAT. It used to never be like that... Also, based on the track record of the backers of this company and the fact that they had other sites fail and go bankrupt is petrifying that they are going to use MOR. Sellers will have like "bank accounts" where they can withdraw the money they have made but that's after they make you refund people or pay your fees. So, if the site ever goes POOOOOF, any money you have left in your account will go with it. That's why I finally decided to stay away. Sellers are addicted to fast cash just as much as buyers are addicted to shopping at a fast pace. I've been on both sides. Their motto used to be, " A bid is a binding contract," and the company backed their sellers. Now that they have taken that away, it doesn't matter. The customer is always right whether or not they are a fraudulent buyer or not. When you leave, TH encourages everyone you ever sold to to open a chargeback case against you. Even Paypal is aware of TH because of all of the issues they have seen come to them. It's a complete joke to Paypal... and supposedly this Charles guy used to work at Paypal? I think he surely must've been a coffee getter and copy maker because the guy is a complete idiot. Find other auction venues. Many of us have. It's not worth the stress to earn nickels and dimes.

alanad1
12/13/13

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME FOR SELLERS AND BUYERS...;THE ONLY PEOPLE MAKING A KILLING ARE THE SMART ONES WHO CREATED THE SITE. TOPHATTER MAY BE AT THE TOP FOR NOW BUT ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME. THAT MUST BE WHY THEIR FEES ARE SO OUTRAGEOUS, THEY FIGURE THEY BETTER RIP PEOPLE OFF WHILE THEY CAN. I WASTED MY TIME LONG ENOUGH NOW IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON AND GET THE HELL OFF THIS SITE BEFORE I LOOSE MORE MONEY:)

sama220
12/10/13

this is really very bad site mostly for sellers.there is no protaction for sellers,and sellers can't relay on this site for their resource of income,they can kick off any seller without any reasons.I hate TH.

sharonh23
12/6/13

Purchased 3 items the first night. I believe two to be Very Bradley knockoffs but have no way to prove so I just won't order again. The third item was of such low quality that I contacted the seller to tell her how misleading her ad was. she said she was refunding my money. I paid $19 she refunded $5 and not to my credit card but as a credit on Tophatter. RIP OFF!

lorih13
12/4/13

All I can say it this is a joke stay away from this so called company. They told me to lie to my bank and tell them I never received my product want proof here it is the email that was sent to me from one of their employees.
NOV 29, 2013 | 12:47PM PST
Charles A replied:

Hello

To clarify, the outcome of this case is no way based on biased dealings. The seller is no way affiliated with Tophatter in anyway other than the fact that they have an extensive selling history.

You may still open a dispute for this purchase on PayPal if you paid with your account.

This page explains how to open a dispute on PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/c2/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/CaseManagement/customerservice/EducationBuyerOverview-outside

If you paid with your credit card, please call the number on the back of the card and ask the issuing bank to do a chargeback because you did not receive the item.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Charles A
Enough said I have others that say I even got a product that was not as described by the seller

alib26
12/3/13

I have purchased three items on this site. 2 were knock offs and the third item didn't work once I got it. The seller wanted me to pay to return it and wouldn't refund me. Tophatter has done nothing to help and does nothing to protect people from fake products. Be very careful when buying what you think are brands like MAC, Urban decay, thebalm, etc.