US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

juliaw16

If you do not have the knowledge to know an authentic item vs. (in 116 reviews)

melissal50

I have always received prompt replies from customer service. (in 25 reviews)

nataliep23

And just like eBay, you can check the stats and reviews of sellers before you buy. (in 77 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

dawnm68
2/9/16

When I received a couple of items I had purchased, I was shocked. On the auction site, they really blow up the picture, so the gems look much BIGGER than they are. In reality they are just tiny chips.
Their main seller Elite Jewlery Studio, blocked me from bidding after I asked for refunds. They even blocked my emails when all I wanted was Certificates Of Authenticity. Tophatter states that if there is a problem, to email them and they will help resolve the problem. What a joke. They did absolutely nothing, other than suggest I go to other auctions on their site. As far as I'm concerned, my experience was completely negative, and I would warn others to not bother. They well be disappointed when they see what they have really

sark4
2/9/16

Dont buy from tophatter,I bought 6perfumes and all of them are fake,very poor customer service,no one will answer you if there is a problem

clintj3
2/8/16

I HAVE BEEN BUYING ON TOPHATTER FOR OVER A YEAR AND I LOVE THE AUCTION STYLE AND FAST PACE BIDDING! REALLY FUN WAY TO SHOP ONLINE.

debrac40
2/8/16

Most sellers show over inflated MSRP. I have looked up the actual item on the seller's website or googled the item and it is clear that the MSRP is over exaggerated. After receiving many items that I bid for, it is obvious that many of these items are no where near the MSRP.

vd17
2/8/16

I sell and buy on Tophatter; as far as me as a buyer, you have to be logical and really read the information on the item, we all know that a real diamond and gold ring with a MSRP of $500.00 isn't going to start bidding at $1.00 with shipping at $3.00, right... Stay away. Now if you see a tube of mascara MRSP of $20.00 and it sounds like something you are interested in and it starts bidding at $1.00 and the shipping is $7 or $8, go for it, the shipping is generally enough to cover the cost of the seller's product, what they pay for shipping & handling to them, the fee's to Tophatter (which are listing and commision) , the packaging and the shipping to the buyer. That is how I generally determine what to set the shipping at, then anything that is bid is my profit, which could be only one dollar. Or it may not sell at all and I am out the listing fee. But for me it is the contact with the customer's and the getting to know them and take care of any problems they may have with the order and of course to hear the great feedback. I always "thank my customers by name, I send them a note when I ship, when I see the order was delivered, I send them a note to make sure they are satisfied with their item and that it was received without damage and that it was all they expected. I have refunded for an item that the customer was not happy with, it was a full refund and I did not require her to return it, she thought the mascara she bought was a knock-off, she didn't really have any proof that it was, but then again I didn't have any proof that it was not....so I am still selling the mascara but letting people know that there is a possibility that it may be a knock-off and that it is a high quality mascara and to bid accordingly. You need to find seller's that have integrity and you will be very happy with TH.
Me as a seller, I will only sell items one at a time on tophatter, the fees to run your own auction or patner with someone else are just too steep, you would have to lie about the MSRP in order to make a profit and I will not put an outrageous MSRP on something.

elvirap2
2/8/16

Ok is like this,I order from tophatter li k e 6 items,everything came good on time and the way it suppose to be,by the 6 order they screw up,I order a 212 sexy men by Carolina Herrera and they send me a tracking number etc and that never made it,I try email after email they going tell me they don't understand,I told them the package dint make it,it was suppose to be 3 items in the box and I only got 2 in the box,they do not want to help me to solve the problem so they took my money and the merchandise,I send them my contact number and still as not hear from them so what other customer was saying about tophatter it is all true,at first I dint believe it but is all true they will rip you off,and they do not help you to solve the problem,I will not be ordering anything from them anymore.

lolas8
2/5/16

Tophatter lets sellers rob their buyers

Tip for consumers: DONT BUY FROMMN WATCHES SCAMMERS, !!!

mingmingc
2/1/16

I love , love ,love tophatter , ever since I seen this company online , I can't stay away. I went onto the browser part omg I seen all them brand new bags and order me over five of them and every last one came to me brand new and excellent tip top condiron and in its original wrappings. I appreciate all of the vendors. Keep up the great work. I'm sticking by you , myself and 300 hundred friends whom stay on here when we aren't working .. My off day is all about getting my nice cheap but expensive gifts. Lol if you get what I'm saying. Even when I'm at work I'm on here shopping shhhhh

elizabeths127
1/31/16

Bag was in TERRIBLE CONDITION!!!! The day I got it Jan 2nd I filed claim. Tophatter still hasn't given me a refund.!!!TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

cherylc52
1/31/16

The reason for the 2 star rating is because the quality of the jewelry is very poor, the items I have chosen to buy were not as described and very poor quality but I have only myself to blame for choosing this site to buy from. After reviewing and research of this site I must say that not only the buyers are being grabbed by the wallet so are the seller's, after looking up the same items I purchased from this site and compared to other sites I was very disappointed in myself as well as this site! Tophatter I will say that some purchases I made were great but that was in home and garden, but your jewelry is definitely not worth what you preach. That is bad for the customers on here that bid their hard earned cash just to buy cheap inexpensive jewelry that you all claim cost hundreds! But only to find out it only cost pennies! And the seller's on here are going to get a bad rep, because of what you charge in fees to the seller, they have to lie about a product in order to make their profit! Shame on you Tophatter! Well you wanted my personal opinion you got it, I will say some things on here were worth bidding on but not all, cut some slack on the sellers so that the customers will have an honest better deal and knowledge of what they're really bidding on. I do find this site fun to bid on but when receiving fake jewelry that is not cool Tophatter not cool, and to see you get away with it is really a big let down on ! Once I receive the rest of my items I will be letting go of this site for these reasons, but I only have myself to blame for not researching before I started. Lesson learned. This will be posted to every site I can find, maybe it will smarten you guys up and you will become more honest with the public! After all I'm sure you can afford it!

charlesp54
1/28/16

Appeal process is ridiculous and unreasonable sellers get screwed over and s and owners only care about lining their pockets Buyer cna leave any negative and it is automatically approved if is "opinion" no proof of anythign required. You can list an item and explain it clearly and get negative feedback bc buyer expected different even tho item clearly outline and described.Put in questions to CS get cookie cutter responses they dont care whatsoever fees are ridiculously high as well. They punish you multiple times for same infractions and ignore their own policies and procedures to suit their will . They also play favorites on site with many things you can have exact same complaint and your be denied and another be appealed exact same wording and response to complaint as well as appeal .. horrible horrible would give zero stars if able !!! owners of site have already had 2 similar sites go bankrupt right after about 3 to 3.5 yrs to avoid tax policies so expect same for tophatter soon... Crooked as they come

ettap
1/28/16

I ordered a pendant from Sanjay in December 2015 they said my item would be here January 6, 2016. Well I'm still waiting for it, sent many emails telling them I didn't get my item and nothing back from them. I went into my order and someone cancelled it. I told them in the emails if I don't get the item I want my money so I don't know what's going on. I have never had a problem before, but this is enough to make me never order from top hatters again, poor customer service.
'

lindal164
1/28/16

I bought a smart watch and paid right away, then a couple hours later won anot her watch from the same seller....I sent a question to seller about combining shipping.....didn't get a response for 24 hours.....horrible service....she had so many items in auction you would think she could answer questions or concerns. ....ended up cancelling my first order which was aleady paid

I did ge refunded but will never use the site again

crystalc36
1/27/16

My first couple of purchases were what order, this was to reel me in. Then the next ones were a complete ripoff. This website knew exactly what they were doing by falsely advertising one item to get you to bid and sending you an item that's worth 3 times less than what you were suppose to get....or sending you a completely different item that they know you wouldn't by. Before I received my so called Michael kor bags, I bid and won a coach purse, that was medium in size and white in color after which a little tiny coach change purse flashed on the screen. I didn't worry about it, we'll that's what they sent me for 70.00 from a consignment shop but they threw in a small bottle of nail polish to smooth over the royal screwing they gave me...on top of that the little coach thing wasn't even a real coach item. I got even more mad. So needless to say, I spent about 200.00 on a bunch of junk that might be worth $20.....

gian453
1/26/16

I purchased a Bluetooth earpiece from Tophatter. The supplier was WOW Wireless. The item did not work when I received it. Tophatter suggests contacting the supplier prior to giving a negative review so I did so. Wow wireless was less than helpful saying that I had to pay to ship it back and IF they deemed it a non-working item, they would refund me. If they could get it to work, they would not refund me and further charge me a restocking fee. RIDICULOUS!! So I contacted Tophatter not once, but twice, and NO REPLY AT ALL!!!! An automated email was sent saying to contact the seller. Lol. I already did to no avail I replied...no response. That was over a month ago. Won't be using this app at all anymore!! Thanks for nothing!!

sheilah37
1/25/16

I have trying to get a hold of someone for two to three weeks. Doesn't any one answer. This out rageous. Costmer service really sucks. I won a ring, but yet to receive it. I wanted to use my debit card, but can't. I can't even bid on anything.

franm6
1/24/16

Okay....I have purchased some items from Tophatter and it has been okay. I came to this site to see what people are saying. I am floored at some of the comments. Example: the MSRP is no way accurate. MSRP is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. SUGGESTED PRICE. I cannot believe anyone would believe this and think that is real.

Also, check on the web for some of the items that are being sold. DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST!!!!!

Tophatter had a Smartwatch I was looking at. They were going for $20.00 on up. I even found someone bid as high as $50.00. DUMMIES, DUMMIES, DUMMIES.

I found the identical watch on Ebay with free shipping for $10.00.......yes $10.00 and it does work.

Another item was a necklace that had a pendant, "I WILL HOLD YOU IN MY HEART UNTIL I HOLD YOU IN HEAVEN". Highest on Tophatter was $24.00. Ebay.......99 cents plus free shipping.

Don't blame Tophatter. You need to check before you bid.

I think I am going to start selling on Tophatter for all the fools that believe the MSRP and bid on stuff you can buy somewhere else at 3/4 of the price.

stephanieb89
1/20/16

What a horrible,scummy, greedy site! Theres not enough room to write how evil this place is!
Your paying for some rich stanford college boys to party on your stolen cash! check for yourself

janett76
1/19/16

Love tophatter! No complaints.

mrsl3
1/18/16

I ORDER A BRACLET IT SAID THAT I RECEIVED IT AND I DIDN'T GET IT I HAVE ORDER PRODUCTS FROM THEM AND I HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS UNTIL NOW NO BRACLET ONE OF THE OTHER BRACLETS WAS CHEAP AND IT HAS BROKEN IN HALF!!! NOW I'M ASKING FOR A REFUND ON ANOTHER PRODUCT AND THEIR TAKING FOREVER TO RETURN MY MONEY THE SELLER, NOW THEY EMAIL ME ASKING ME TO SEND A PICTURE OF MY ID AND A PICTURE OF MY CREDIT CARD HELL NO!!! $#*! BETTER HAVE MY MONEY

janicem39
1/14/16

Wow! Shame on you TOPHATTER!!!! Bad...Bad Reviews

missyl
1/13/16

So far I love this TopHatter. My sellers have been great. Items as expected. Havnt received my mens fragrances yet. But hoping they are real. The creams have been real and new. I read thoroughly the info. Alot of the jewelry you can see be the pic if they are worth purchasing and for how much. Contact sellers right away with problems. 2 issues resolved immediately with refund. Rings I purchased were lovely. Paid less than I would have paid for same thing at Walmart including shipping. The few sellers I have communicated with were awesome.
Beware it is addictive. With credits I bought a few items at 0 cost. Or 1.00.
The only thing I did not appreciate at times you can be bidding on an item and the item changes.
Not cool so must stay alert and read the info before bidding.

lisal147
1/12/16

I bought what I thought was a helicopter from one of their sellers. Instead it was a CD telling you how to play with a helicopter. I sent the CD back twice which cost me over $6. Then the seller said they would refund me or send me a helicopter. I agreed to the helicopter and it has been nearly 2 months and I have nothing. I spend over $35 and received nothing. When you call customer service top Hatter does not answer the phone. They tell you to email them. When you email them they do not answer. They are trying to wait until the 60 days is up so that I have no repercussion. I am contacting the attorney general. This company is not registered with the Better Business Bureau and the merchandise that is sold on here are knock offs and very cheap quality.

christinas58
1/10/16

Terrible business practices.i won some gold creams,what a scum.they send me half used jar of cream with hair stuck in it. When I complain I've been told to sent this items back ,that would cost me about 30.00 .im not in US.I already paid big shipping costs, this would cost me more then stupid creams. Didint even get new jar of this" Lior gold " cream. This is how you run business?

susanh148
1/8/16

Well, I would like to share my experience, both, as a seller,and as a buyer on the TopHatter.com.
First of all, all buyers need to have realistic expectations when it comes to the "great deals". Please, read the seller's descriptions carefully and ask lots of questions before you buy. If you see something is "too good to be true", it probably is. Although there are a lot of honest sellers that do come and try to sell on TH, bunch of items being sold are either fakes, or simply misrepresented.
Let me tell you about the seller's fees on TH- those are one of the highest seller's fees ever! If you want to sell the item in the general auction, like "daily bazaar", you will need to request your item to be scheduled, which is not guaranteed, as it is based on the availability, but if your item was scheduled, you will be paying the following fees: 50c scheduling fee + 10% commission on total price + shipping. When your item is sold, the buyer pays with either Credit Card, or with PayPal. In case with PayPal you get the funds right away, and you pay 2.9% to PP for the transaction; in case with a credit card- TH gets the payment and keeps it in escrow till the item is being delivered, that's when the funds have been disbursed to your checking account and 2.9% fee is being charged for the transaction. So, you pay total 12.9% commission fees on items sold in general auctions, where it usually starts with $1.00 So suppose your item started with the bid of $1 with $5.00 shipping, and the item was sold for $3.00. You need to pay commission on $8.00 which is 1.03+50c scheduling fee. You still need to pay the shipping, which, depending on the item weight may be less than $5.00,but it is deducted from your total sale.So, out of $8.00 you are left with what, a bit over $3.00??? So, selling in general auctions does not seem to be very profitable,if at all- the item you sold must have cost you something, right?
Now to the partners' auctions where the sellers are able to schedule to sell in bulk anywhere from 60 to 250 items. Let's take a look at the structure of 100 items auction. The fees are as follows: $2.00 scheduling fee per item, which is already $200 out of the seller's pocket whether the items sold or not. 15% commission fee on total price including shipping, plus 2.9% processing fees for either PayPal or Credit Card transaction. And, the seller must advertise their auction at least 3 days in advance in general catalogs, and the basic price is $50 per day, and for a premium listing it's $150 per day. So, 3 days with basic package is $150. Remember scheduling fee of $200? Now the seller is obligated to pay $350 BEFORE he sells anything. Pretty steep, isn't it? Let's take a jewelry auction as an example, this will help to understand WHAT type of items you are really buying!
Suppose 100 items were sold at the average of $20 including the shipping ($5.00).
100 x $20=$2000. Let's apply commission fee of 15% + 2.9% to this amount=$358.00
Seller still needs to pay for the shipping to ship the items; Suppose it cost $2.50 per item
100x $2.50=$250.00
Let's sum it up:
$200 scheduling fee
$150 Catalog fee
$358 sales commision fees
$250 shipping
Total $958.00 in FEES only.
What about all other overhead expenses such as labor,rent,utilities, packing supplies, etc? Add this into the equation and you have about $1500 in costs only. So, if it cost the seller $1500 to sell 100 items on TH for $2000, then the net profit is $500 for 100 items, right?
It is about $5.00 per item sold, and it MUST be with profit! Next question is how much does this merchandise must cost the seller in order to make some profit on it???
Right now we see the seller got $5.00 per item, so even if he made only $100, the total cost of a merchandise is $400, which is $4.00 per item the seller paid to buy this merchandise for a resale. DO YOU REALLY think the silver, gold or diamond items are available for $4.00 a piece as a wholesale price? NOWHERE in the USA you will find these prices! NOWHERE! All reputable channels of liquidated merchandise distributions will charge on average $10 for the fashion jewelry, and for fine jewelry it will go way above $50 per piece. So here is your answer: the only way this merchandise could be sold for even a minimum profit, if it is a very cheap merchandise brought from China! That's my friends, what you are actually buying!
The same goes for Brand New Fashion Brands, like Coach etc. If you see a brand new item in the fashion category, please be cautious- once again, all authentic merchandise for brands like Coach, Michael Kors etc. that is available for purchase in USA through the liquidation channels, are customer's returns only, and 99% will be either worn, or will have some sort of defects- some minor, some major. 1% will be new, because some returns are for the gift items that were returned to the stores unworn, but the amount of a merchandise in this condition comes in very limited quantities.
So,next time you see a seller auctioning 100 BRAND NEW items from Coach or Michael Kors, be very cautious- 99.9% that merchandise is a FAKE.
If you are interested to buy Brand Names like Coach or Michael Kors, or similar, then look for the pre-owned merchandise, or new with defects- you have more chances to get the real thing for a great price, because all fakes come without any defects!
I hope this review was helpful, and please,always exercise caution, ask lots of questions, if you have any doubts don't engage in buying, and always, always, have realistic expectations!
Happy shopping everyone!

scottl73
1/6/16

Cancelled two items after having received poor quailty knock off. Tophatter responded by blocking me. Sent 2 customer service emails with no response. This company is a front or a scam. Avoid at all costs.

wandac16
1/6/16

Bought charms for pandora they turned pink they were suppose to be sterling silver

christined36
1/4/16

First 2 orders received pretty quickly. 2nd order still waiting on 11 days now and it's been stuck in Florida for the last 4 days, when it says should be here today. It's not! 3 Rd order still hasn't shipped. Not worth the bs you go through waiting. Cheap crap to begin with.

barbarac86
1/3/16

There are a lot of bad reviews and I even gave it a bit low. I sell and buy there. Many problems can be avoided if you message the seller first before opening a case. I have sent out refund for damaged items that were damaged in shipment. Not my fault but I refund. Lost items in shipment again not my fault but I refund. I do not sell my items claiming they are high dollar and yes there are some out there that do that. I can tell and do not buy from them. I would rather have a happy customer than bad reviews. Please try to work with them not all are bad.

stephaniem100
1/1/16

Bought jewelry that was supposed to be worth 400 and it looks like it came out of a gum ball machine.. Real crap from China!! All jewelry is a scam don't buy .. I bought 4 pieces of jewelry . Bought face cream that was supposed to be worth 800 bucks .. That wasn't real it made face dry and raw . Didn't measure up to its review at all. Plus one other item I purchased never came in the mail. Total sucker I was but never again. Please don't use this scamming site.. If it's too good to be true.. Then you know it is!

elisar1
12/31/15

When think you're buying from a reputable Internet site your not!!! They have some vendors that are good a handful, but loads of shady venders that don't follow the rule and it's ok who cares. Awful customer service

laceeb
12/29/15

My wife baught me a beautiful LOOKING ring for christmas , the sight said that is was a half carat diamond and sterling silver .. its december 27th , and my effing finger is green and the ring is now brassy . IF YOU KNOW HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE FROM TOPHATTER PLEASE LET ME KNOW !!!

rauls21
12/29/15

There fragrances are fake. My family and I purchased around 9 fragrances from them. Some smelled good and lasted, but most didn't. I took the fragrances to the a local fragrance store and was proved that all were counterfeit. Just beware if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. Also top hatter wants you to pay for return of product without compensation.

marilyna11
12/29/15

Tophatter allows sellers to lie about MSRP though proof is shown they are inaccurate.
"Buyer Beware" of Tophatter seller's quoted MSRP.
Generally, they are greatly inflated.

cathys37
12/28/15

I recommend Tophatter for getting some good deals, generally many types of auctions from which to choose. Individual shipping per item, even from the same vendor is why I did not give 5 stars. Otherwise, fun, rather recreational for a little bit to spend. Just received a wonderful quality ring.

anitaw12
12/21/15

Nice stuff moderately priced and delivered quickly. Ilike the live auction idea very addictive!

aprilm33
12/13/15

I Have purchased lots of things from tophatter, had 2 issues with 2 separate purchases and both were resolved with super fast by the sellers.
People need to stop hating, read product info before u buy or bid, and contact someone with issues when they arise, don't expect someone else to know when something is wrong!!!!

verac7
12/13/15

THEY BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT FOR NO REASON, I HAVE LAST 4 ITEMS THAT SAY REFUNDED YET WHERE'S MY MONEY..IT'S NOT IN MY BANK ACCOUNT..I AGREE , THIS SITE SUCKS..

crystalh23
12/12/15

Not sure why all the negative reviews. Description of items are posted. New, used or refurbished. Prompt emails to inform of payment and shipping. First sign up credit was applied. Love it!

wildr3
12/12/15

Most of all the items on there you can buy on geek and wish for way less than the auction price. Alot of the clothes are too small for U.S. sizes, (from China, etc.) The biggest difference is most on tophatter are U.S. sellers who have purchased the products and selling them here so shipping is faster. Other than that....your way over paying and the items are really cheaply made...

raulc17
12/9/15

First NM, Watches their product are counterfeit. So please beware when purchasing fragrances. TopHatter is a site for mostly people who make there own jewelry or clothing. There are some conartis in there so just read before you purchase.

emilys81
12/8/15

I wanted a ring from then i favorited it and i never got the notice when the bidding started and they never even told me so now i am heart broken because the ring i want is no longer available and i wish i knew who created it cause i want one excatly like it i will show link below to the ring i am talking about.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THEM

hollym27
12/6/15

I purchased an item that took over 2 months to arrive! It was supposed to be a birthday gift. Birthday came anf went. I filed a complaint for a refund, and while the complaint was going on they closed my account and when the item, a bracelet , finally arrived, I it was cheapo metal and a terrible bracelet I payed $57 for. So, since b-day was missed, and very poor quality, I still wanted to return it, but, since my account had been closed a d I was ocker from bidding and buy ing anything. I was also unable to return the bracelet! !?
I enjoyed it before that happened. Now I can't get on!

kellin5
12/3/15

Great looking emerald ring, fast delivery, even a little letter came with it from the seller a personal touch made it even better. Totally satisfied.

dollys4
12/3/15

I have placed an order over a month ago seller gave a fake tracking number and still have not received my item I opened up a case and am still waiting to hear back that was over a week ago these people are theifs they stole my money!!! I was charged and never recieved anything

brittanys39
12/2/15

Ive bought 4 items from this site, 2 items NEVER came, one item was not the item I ordered.. only one item was recieved and was what I ordered. Ive made contact with customer service many times with absolutely NO results!! Stay away from this site

jos4471
12/1/15

Slandered as high risk, no problems with my card, refunded money without consent and no reason why. Jewelry cheap looking. They make it look nice on line then you get this. Itty bitty stuff. Large means small to medium. Doesn't glow in dark, crystals from India real? Doubt it. Ashamed to say what spent to get them.

keishar3
11/25/15

I to have purchased all sorts of items, from bags to glasses tote bags and even one time when I left a neutral review the seller went out of their way to not only contact me and apologize but she gave me another necklace free of charge to hold my charm I ordered this site rocks

tracyh70
11/25/15

I have a friend who had bought a few things from the site and wanted to get credit for referring friends, so she invited me to sign up via a link from their website so she would get credit if I purchased something and I would get $10 credit off my first order, well neither one happened so I filed a complaint with the BBB, I even have picture proof of the $10 sign up bonus claim, I really hope these dirtbags get shut down for being unethical.

tammyc35
11/23/15

MN watches sold me a half bottle of Jimmy choo. When I complained. They blocked me. I had placed another order before I got the Jimmy choo. The order had not been shipped yet so there for they held out another bottle on me.. I guess teaching me a lesson?? Customer support will not help me!!!!!

51 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Tophatter staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Tophatter?