US Government's NSF

195 Broadway, Floor 25
New York, NY 10007
Tel: 800-390-9784.
feedback@theknot.com

People interested in TheKnot are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

juliak

You can also have start a free wedding website or get a personal url for $30. (in 14 reviews)

ashleyh2

The Knot is a great resource for wedding planning. (in 11 reviews)

aniecef

In order to see much of anything I had to sign up. (in 31 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

steffanic
7/17/15

The interface is AWFUL. They updated their site a few months back, after I had set everything up. If every piece of wedding information I have was not already in this site, I would have switched then, but I didn't..and I am still wishing I had. Their links do not take you where they state they will, they most often lead you to a generic page. You also do not have the option to change your email once you make your account (this is the ONLY webpage that I have EVER seen that on). Most of the time to get to any of my information, I have to click through three or four different links. Save yourself the trouble, download an app to your cell phone. NOT The Knot.

The worst part? When I send an email for any question that I have, it takes over a month to hear back, and by then the question is moot. Don't bother, go elsewhere for your wedding services. After months of planning, I am MOST excited to be done with this webpage.

timothyb50
7/12/15

Horrible website builder. No options. It used to be good then they changed it, and didn't tell anyone, and screwed a lot of people.

Don't create your website here, not a trustworthy site, doesn't care about users, doesn't respond to request for help. Doesn't answer questions submitted through website, just says "contact us via email" and never responds. STAY AWAY WITH EVERY OUNCE OF YOUR BEING.

Tip for consumers: Click the X. Never return.

sharons76
7/7/15

I am a vendor and my business offers a unique bachelorette party experience for bridal parties. I approached one of the sales team about advertising on their site.They followed up quickly and urged me to sign up however the catch is that they lock you into a full year contract. I thought that given their visibility I would give it a try.

After signing up as a vendor I was given a internet sales rep to help me set up my on line store front - as they call it. Right at the gate I was told that my "rep" was on maternity leave. I had to contact them several times for them to reach out to me.

I finally (after weeks of waiting) was able to put together a decent site. However never once in 6 months edit any me follow up with me. I was pretty shocked because they certainly hounded me when they pursued my business.

I found that I was not getting any results - and called my sales rep "Gayle" who responded back to me erratically. I was very frustrated as I corned into purchasing a year long iron clad contract to advertise but I had no support whatsoever.

After a horrible six months of absolutely no support from anyone at "The Knot" I was currently promised that they would happily refund the last payment and cancel my contract. I have this in writing. As of this time they say they still need to get authorization.

This has to be absolutely the WORST EXPERIENCE AS A VENDOR THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN.

IF YOU ARE A VENDOR, RUN AWAY! AND FAST!

rickib1
7/6/15

I cannot believe how terrible the free wedding website is. Every single time we try and update information it doesn't save it, the site collapses or weird things don't work - today, the delete key won't work. It takes them weeks to answer emails. Their employees don't seem to speak English - which means there are a lot of misunderstandings, that play themselves out over months. And they will make parts of your information publicly available.

It is also ugly in a weird way. On some pages, for example, when you insert a link to a website, a separate link box will appear that your guests can click on. But then, randomly, on some pages when you insert a web address to link to, it will just include the whole clunky awful looking address in the text. And that's if you can get the information to save at all.

But this is not the worst of it. They misinterpreted an email of mine and deleted our entire account and the website.

I have since set up an account with a different service and can say with certainty that one does not need to tolerate just how bad the Knot's service is. Other sites give the choice, in plain English, up front, whether you want your registry and website findable through search engines. Even when set to 'private' the Knot will list your registry and wedding details publicly. Other sites actually work. And other sites have numbers you can call them on and people who actually answer emails.

I regret having had our invites printed with the Knot wedding website address on it. I cannot recommend strongly enough not using this service! Unless you want your free wedding website to be the single most stressful part of getting married DO NOT sign up for a website with the Knot. There are plenty of other, better, free services.

maryu14
7/1/15

It was nice to be a member of TheKnot for the wedding planning tools and all the free offers and deals (we got our wedding guest book from Shutterfly for free through TheKnot). The planning checklist helped me initially as I got started with the planning process, but then I never used it again after I made my own checklist.

My complaint is that the wedding website builder was very frustrating to use. It was SUPER slow most of the time, and about half the times I logged on wouldn't even load the page I was trying to view or edit (This was not an issue with my internet connection. Every other webpage I would use during the same browsing session would function just fine). It was convenient for many of our guests to RSVP online and for me to get email alerts when they did, but for several guests the online RSVP didn't actually work. I was so glad that I created a Google spreadsheet where I recorded all the RSVP information from email and snail mail, because I frequently could not get into TheKnot's guest list manager to view RSVPs.

If you're considering using TheKnot for your wedding planning, go ahead and create an account for the details and planning help, but build a GoogleSite or other simple web page for your wedding website. It will save you a lot of time and frustration.

mikeg120
6/24/15

They will take your money and put it into their big fat bank account because they are selling you an advertising service that DOESNT WORK!!! THEIR TRAFFIC SUCKS, I PAID $380 A MONTH TO BE ADVERTISED ON FRONT PAGE, AND IF I GOT A FEW CALLS IN ONE YEAR I WAS LUCKY!! NOT ONE WEDDING BOOKED, AND OH I FORGOT TO SAY OUR IMAGERY & PHOTOGRAPHY IS WELL KNOWN IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND OUR PHOTOS ROCK IN ANOTHER VENDOR'S SITE AND WE GET RESULTS THERE. THE KNOT IS LYING ABOUT THEIR SERVICES AND IS NOT SPENDING ONE DIME ON THEIR TRAFFIC. SHAME ON YOU!!

michellek45
6/20/15

The knot has the absolute worst customer service. They don't have phone service and they don't get back to you quickly over email.
They misinterpreted my email and deleted my wedding website! Something that I paid for and is on my invitations. I've been emailing but of course - no response. I'm completely screwed and I feel absolutely helpless.
Do yourself a favor and go to wedding wire. The knot sucks!

ericc71
6/9/15

We've printed and sealed our invitations with the website information included and now can't get access to the site to update the information. We've been holding off sending the invitations waiting for a response the Knot and are hearing nothing back. There's no number to call to speak with a live person. We're at the point where we have to just send out the invitations and apologize to our guests on Facebook for the Knot's crappy website and complete lack of customer service. I literally hate this company for adding stress to an already stressful experience. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!

kylek27
5/21/15

I was looking to receive additional exposure for my wedding photography business. Despite the hefty price tag each month, I was sold on having a "team" of people there to help me and properly advise me on how to best setup my page so I could engage the potential traffic as best possible. Unfortunately, you're given a hard-sell when they don't have your money; when they do, they give you a half-hearted effort.

I was told there would be two different sections of people reviewing my page before it went up to ensure it was optimized for presentation. There was a drop in communication. There was a need for me to follow up to get a response from this team. There was supposed to be a weekly or bi-weekly check in to see how I was doing and advise me on things I should change. Instead, you have somebody who calls you to say "Just checking how everything is going, oh and maybe you should change this one picture."

Half the problem is you're being sold on packages that dozens of others also purchase. A "Featured Vendor" spot is not really that great when you look how many others are also Featured Vendors. I absolutely believe in my work going above others in quality, but not only am I missing potential customers because of the sheer volume of Featured Vendors, I'm being undercut by average Joes who purchased a cheap SLR and charge a fraction of what the real professionals charge.

I received no real advisory. The team promise is an illusion. They're not just advising you- they're advising your competition to, so you can all fight for the same traffic. To pay $170 each month is beyond ludicrous. You get no lift over others, you share the First Page with people who pay less than you, and you share it with dozens of others in your market who were also suckered.

If you do try to cancel your contract at 6 months, beware- it will only cancel your Featured spot, but not your store front. Yes, you need to purchase a store front so you have something to feature. Ridiculous. Stay away, find somewhere else to put your money.

nathanm47
5/19/15

I am a small local entertainer. I went to theknot.com to advertise my company to try to bring in more wedding clients. They told me that their advertisers receive on average, 10-20 contacts from brides per month which would be awesome for me!
I signed the contract and went to work! I built my page, hours of time, but it ends up, any person who would be interested in seeing my page would have to click through at least 12 different links before they found me! I couldn't even find myself on the website without calling them for help!
In the end I hit financial crisis about 4 months into the year contract. I called them and told them that I was having severe difficulties and asked for a solution to get out of the contract early. I offered a settlement so they would receive at least some of the contracted amount.
Their response was cold and heartless. They were completely inflexible. Finally I told them to go F themselves. Even after that they continued running my add whether I wanted them to or not! And they continued billing me whether I paid them or not! For another 8 months this went on! Now they are sending me to collections for the entire amount of the contract.
Do you know how much business their advertising brought to me after an entire year? 1 phone call! And that was just a casual looker.
This company is complete bull! DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH THEM!

missyw
4/30/15

None of the "features" on this site work properly or at all. They must have on hell of a marketing/PR department bc there is no way word of mouth made this site popular. Basic functions like filters for search functions do not work (at all). More complicated functions, like building your free wedding website, are a cluster$#*! of errors and poor programing.
How is this site a thing!?!?!?
Please save yourself the time and frustrations and just find a different *working* website.

Cheers

rachelt23
4/28/15

I wish I read the reviews before creating my site and sharing it with our guests. Nothing has worked properly! You can not make individual RSVP lists for other events taking place during the wedding week. Everyone can RSVP to any "other event" you create. Our guests aren't able to view our registry through the site (weeks after attaching the links). I have called and emailed the knot with no proper response. Guests have started RSVPing to our wedding and the site isn't working!!! PICK A DIFFERENT WEBSITE FOR YOUR WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!

reneeg8
4/27/15

I have never been so frustrated with anything in my life. Wedding planning is not easy and the only reason I even made a website was to post my registry on there to avoid sending additional paper information. I have sent four e-mails and called two times to get this problem fixed. No one has returned any of my e-mails or phone calls. Terrible service. Wish I had read reviews before setting up an account.

janets34
4/10/15

Can no longer log in to my wedding website that I spent 4 months building. Can't access my guest list. Don't know how many invitations to order since I can't access the site. Have been sending emails and calling them for one week with no results. Total nightmare. Was planning to have guests RSVP through the site but not now!

brianl50
4/5/15

This website will allow other competing vendors to write a negative review of websites or companies using this website. Then when challenged it will not remove negative review placed by competing vendors. Will allow non-users of theknot to write reviews not connected to any vendor on its site. Competing vendors can say anything they wish, and The Knot will not take it down.

bobs152
3/31/15

I've used theknot.com for my wedding site, for some checklists and a few other things - starting as far back as 12 months before the wedding. I'm really glad I didn't do more using it, because they decided to do a no-notice 100% site overhaul of ALL features. The new site is buggy, has features that are less rich, and while snazzy just doesn't do what you need.

For example - their upgraded checklist suggests I don't need to worry about caterer (I'm 60 days out...caterer's been booked for 4 months) because "you checked a lot of boxes today, you worked hard, take a break".

Our site was down the day after we sent out invites because they didn't think about websites that use a redirect (www.myNameHerName.com ==> knot.com/1234451/). Awesome. Now nobody thinks our site is up.

I'd be super pissed if I'd been using it for budgeting or more items than just our site and a rough use of the checklist.

clevelands21
3/31/15

As a bride to be, it is easy to be overwhelmed by all the books, magazines, and websites.

If you're a list maker like I am, and need to streamline everything down to the basics so as not to be all over the place-- this is the only book you will need.

meganm25
3/25/15

I too, like some others I am seeing in these reviews, decided to put together a wedding website for my out of town guests. At first I thought it was simple enough. I had accidentally signed up two of my email addresses so I got confused when one website was only half done. I emailed them asking them to help and they took forever to respond. I decided to email them, asking them to delete one of my accounts so there would just be one on there. That was 4 days ago and haven't heard a single thing from them. And the amount of spam I have received after signing up for this site is ridiculous. So far theknot.com has not been worth the headache they have given me. Like I said before, really wish I had read some of these review before signing up. Don't do it - you can find other much better sites out there.

maryc109
3/24/15

Don't believe all the reviews you see on the knot for their vendors. Many of the reviews are fraudulent. They pay their own people to write reviews for vendors they've never even met. I know a DJ that got three reviews, and none of them were from any brides he ever booked.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust the reviews. Do your own research and find vendors elsewhere.

alisonw19
3/23/15

We have a lot of out of town guests attending our wedding. So, I thought creating a wedding website would be a great way to keep guests informed, I was VERY wrong! When I first created "my website" I was given a unique URL name which I then had printed on my save the dates. This way guests to could check the site for the most updated information as we finished our planing. Fast forward a few months, they switched to new site builder and I am no longer able to access my website to edit it. I emailed The Knot asking if there was any way they could help. Their response:

1. You will have to start your wedding website from scratch.
2. If you have a free URL (theknot.com/wedding/) then you will receive a brand new URL.
Unfortunately the original URL you had will not be transferable to the new website layout.

So, I provided my guests with a URL that now has incorrect information on it and I am unable to update the information. The absolute least they could have done was warn us about the changes that were going to take place. Our wedding is 5 months away, the last thing I was to do is deal with figuring out how to delete an old website and create a new one. Please, if you are deciding between different websites to use to create your wedding site, DO NOT USE THE KNOT!

anthonym103
3/22/15

My son and his new bride Heather had their wedding at the Waterview in Monroe CT last night. Our guest are saying things like "Rock star night" Epic, over the top, amazing.
These words were echoed to me and my wife Joanne all night by the 300 guests we had.
This all started with the General Mgr. Joanna Sheriff who made us feel special, important and most of all at ease that the night would be special for our kids. Sue Beaumont was the next contact person who was simply unbelievable. Every detail, every request was meet with a smile and perfection. The wait staff, bartenders and culinary department shined bright and attended to our guests like they were family. From the $#*!tail hour in the beautiful Garden room to the 30 foot Venetian table totally exceeding all expectation.
The grandeur of the Waterview was on full display last night as this magnificent building rose to the occasion and handled our 300 guest with plenty of room to spread out. We would like to again thank the Waterview staff and ownership for making the New Mr. and Mrs. Martino's wedding a memory that will last a life time.

Tip for consumers: Have a clear vision so the venue understands what you want

cyrusv4
3/12/15

I love TheKnot.com! It is such a great wedding planning site. So this book is just a great addition to anyone planning a wedding using the website. This book is amazing, because it has every checklist from the website written down into one handy, portable book. There is even space on the sides of each page to make little notes.

brittanyr11
3/2/15

I really dislike the knot. Wedding planning is already stressful enough, but when the website that you're working with crashes, it makes things much much more difficult! I signed up the for knot in the beginning of my wedding planning. A couple days after I ordered my wedding invitations to be printed, which contained my wedding website URL, the "guest list manager" portion of the knot crashed! I was not able to access my entire guest list containing every address and email for each person. I was completely relying on TK because I believed it to be reliable at the time. When I called, they assured me it would be back up the following day. 2 days passed and it was still not fixed so I called again and I received the same news again... it'll be fixed by the end of the day. After a week I called again.. this time they said by the end of the week it will be back up and going. It is now 2.5 weeks later and it is still not fixed!!! I have all of my invitations (spent $300 on them) ready to be mailed but cannot access all 120 addresses that I had already inputted! I had to embarrassingly ask all of my guests for their addresses again so that I could get the invitations to them. Absolutely ridiculous! Now I am stuck using the stupid knot because all of my guests are to RSVP via my website that has the URL in each invitation. It'll be an absolute disaster if my wedding website crashes as well! I wish I would have gone with Wedding Wire in the beginning!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THE KNOT!! IT'S A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY (IF YOU PURCHASE A CUSTOMIZED URL). GO WITH WEDDING WIRE!!

thomasb109
2/27/15

It's a tiny book, but packed with only the necessary information you need to plan your wedding from...

etheli
2/23/15

I JUST WANTED TO CHECK ON VENUES, NOW EVERYTIME YOU TYPE MY NAME ON GOOGLE OR ANY SEARCH ENGINE IT SHOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT MY WEDDING... I LITERALLY SENT 30+ EMAILS TO THEM AND THEY HAVE NOT TAKEN THE ACCOUNT DOWN.... THIS VIOLATE YOUR PRIVACY!!! THE WORST WEBSITE...
I WORK IN A LEGAL SERVICES OFFICE AND WE PERFORM WEDDINGS AND I WILL TELL EVERY SINGLE CLIENT WHO IS GETTING MARRIED TO NOT GO TO THIS WEBSITE.... IT JUST RIDICULOUS!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE... POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE...THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR WEDDING..THEY JUST CARE ABOUT THE VENDORS WHO ADVERTISE WITH THEM

chrisg69
2/20/15

I placed an order for numerous items and was assured that it would arrive in less than two weeks. After the two weeks had come and gone and the charge to my bank account had lapsed and not gone through I attempted numerous times to contact them about my order. They assured me I would have it in time, and that they would overnight it. Then they stopped responding.Next thing I know they start cancelling items from my order and then charge me $30 MORE after cancelling items. Tried to dispute it with my bank but I'm waiting for that to finalize. This company is awful, and nothing more than thieves. I made sure to let everyone I associate with know how awful this company is.

Tip for consumers: My tip for using this site is DON'T! Unless you like giving away money and not getting your purchases in exchange.

tinaf14
2/9/15

Placed an order 30 days in advance. Received partial order in 2 weeks, waited until the last minute for the remaining items. I wrote customer service who sent an email saying it was shipped, with a tracking number, unfortunately no deliver vendor was supplied and it turns out that was incorrect information. When I called 3 days later was told "I am very sorry, we are running a bit behind, it will ship tomorrow." When I asked about overnight shipping the charge would be $30 which was less than the remaining order.

Tip for consumers: Find another source.

hayleyg3
1/19/15

The Knot.com is a nightmare. I started a website there. I wanted to delete it. There is no option for you to delete your site. You have to email a request to the Knot. I have emailed a request for deletion four times but the Knot has not replied and my site still comes up on Google when my name is entered, as well as a picture.
Since I couldn't delete the site, I tried to disguise it. I changed my and my fiance's names but the site still comes up in a search under our real names. I have spent hours trying to find the source of the information to delete it or change it.
I then changed all pages to not visible. I deleted the photo of my fiancee and myself but that still comes up in the search engines, too. This site is overbearing and intrusive denying me control over my personal information and photos. I have wasted hours trying to regain my privacy. This site is despicable.
I did not fill out detailed service and quality ratings because the Knot deserves a ZERO.

katherines8
1/12/15

I really don't like this wedding website. I thought it would be really good because I see advertisements for them EVERYWHERE. I signed up to so a website. I immediately began receiving spam from them. The website is not user friendly at all. It says that there is a blog before you sign up, but there isn't one. Or if there is, I haven't found it. When I finally did figure out how to use the website and I put all of my wedding information down, I clicked save and it deleted everything!!. Do not use this website.

Tip for consumers: DONT

jessir1
1/12/15

So incredibly disappointed. I used the knot app for wedding planning and it was really helpful! However, this year I ordered Christmas presents on 12/1. I have yet to see them. I emailed on 12/17 and on 1/7. Calling them is nearly impossible, but when I finally spoke to someone on 1/8, they were no help at all. I asked when I should expect to see my order and she told me 'well they haven't shipped yet'. Thanks so much lady. Then she talked over everything I tried to say. I finally got her to tell me I would be receiving my order this week, even if they do arrive, it will have been 6 weeks since I ordered!!

Tip for consumers: Don't order anything, but their wedding planning app can be helpful at times.

jessicat30
1/9/15

I ordered a few items for my wedding but it took damn near forever to receive my package... Some of the things were doable.... But within minutes of taking the plastic off and opening up "The Knot Expandable Purse File - Swirl" this raggedy cheap ass thing tore and the clip that holds the marker broke off when closing it back... no wonder it was on sale.... it's a joke! Never again though!!! And you want a star, LMAO I think NOT.. ....

Tip for consumers: Don't do it.....

angelag26
1/7/15

Company is disgusting-NEVER NEVER NEVER order from here; it will wreck your wedding plans.. Ordered in November and had to call twice, both times were lied too that order was being shipped and then to get a email almost 8 weeks later that things are on "backorder" which when they arrive(if ever) will be after the wedding.. Staff is rude and unprofessional...

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THE SITE

joycel16
1/6/15

i wish i could give no reviews.I tried to take my website down and cancel my account but it's nearly impossible. I didn't even ask to publish my website, I just clicked some information in and it populated and published to the internet! Now they won't stop spamming me even though I've emailed them to delete my account because it's nearly impossible to find a place to delete your account on their site. I'm glad I found this to see these ratings before I ordered anything from them. IT's a shame that the general public finds this website reliable.

Tip for consumers: don't use this site!

barbw6
1/2/15

This is my second time reviewing them and boy does it get worse. Pay attention to all the five star ratings. If you go on glassdoor.com, a website where employees rate their place of business, employees tell of how they were forced to go all over writing positive reviews for their own company. What kind of garbage company needs to do that? I called up to advertise with them, was told I could cancel at any time, then when I called a few months later to cancel was told I had signed a year long contract. I did no such thing but they refused to cancel my account and CONTINUED to bill my credit card. What is better, they then refused to respond to email or calls for two months. Then when I finally cancelled my card they called and threatened me with collections. They continue to send me bills each month too. VENDORS: report any and all wrongdoing by wedding pages llc to the state of Nebraska, the BBB, and to the FTC. The only way they open a case is that they get enough complaints to trigger an alert on a certain business. The reason you should complain is this: if the FTC decides to sue on your behalf, you will be entitled to any money they gt back from these scammers. So everyone, go to the FTC website and file a complaint.

jacklynng
12/31/14

I, too, had the same Christmas debacle experience. Had I wrote this review Christmas eve, I probably would've given The Knot a minus 100 review. However, I also realize that things happen and wanted to give the company a chance to right their wrong. I did a little research online and reached out to the CEO. He immediately put me in touch with the customer service manager, who immediately tracked down my package and had it overnighted. She and I emailed back and forth and they are in between switching warehouse companies. While I was beyond frustrated that I wasn't going to have my products for Christmas, I also understand that things happen that aren't always within our control. 100% the online/phone customer service department did not handle things how I would have wanted them handled; which is why I reached out to higher ups. I know that when I ran a business, people don't always handle situations like you want them to (like you are paying them to). So, in a nut shell, did I have a good experience? No. But I am not going to blast them out of the water because mishaps do happen and they did remedy my issue. The products were beautiful and I got them at a steal of a price. I just printed pictures of the products and wrapped those in a box instead. Once the gifts arrived, their quality was second to none!

loriw12
12/27/14

Sure wish I had looked here before I placed on order on 12/1. Great cyber Monday deals. Mine are still "processing" as well. Please please please look elsewhere before ordering anything from these people they are not relable and simply do not give a crap

Tip for consumers: Just dont do it.

carlyr3
12/23/14

I honestly could not give this place worse reviews. The product is nice but that doesn't matter because you will be lucky if you ever even see it. It has been over a month since I ordered and it is still "processing". Customer service is rude and doesn't even make an attempt to help. Just today (yes a month after I ordered) I noticed that half of my order was now canceled (yes 2 days before Christmas). Dont worry I dont expect a response or any help from the company anytime soon. giftsforyounow.com is 1000000 times better.

Tip for consumers: NEVER USE THIS SITE. Use Giftsforyounow.com

jamiep21
12/23/14

Wish I could give zero stars. I placed an order IN NOVEMBER and called to ask when I could expect my order now that all the holiday parties and birthdays I ordered gifts for were over. The EXTREMELY UNSYMPATHETIC customer service person could only say, "Sometime after the new year." What an outrage!

carolek3
12/21/14

I have to join the other voices below in complaining about the total lack of customer service and the inability to meet the 'delivery by Christmas' claim for orders placed during Cyber week. I ordered on 12/2 and just received a completely generic "as you have seen the update on our site' excuse email conveniently after I filed a complaint with the BBB. I had sent two previous emails that went unanswered until I filed this complaint. VERY poor customer service and now I won't have a gift for a family member for Christmas.

Tip for consumers: Don't even bother.

rachelh41
12/20/14

I also ordered during cyber week and have not received my items. I called and was told they had more orders than expected and I should have by Jan 15. She assured me what great deals I got and I would whole heartedly agree except for the fact that I don't have the products and won't have by Christmas. A company should not advertise Christmas deals if they cannot fulfill the orders.

av568
12/19/14

Like everyone else, I purchased during the "guaranteed" holiday shipping promotion. Ordered 12/2, items have been in processing ever since. Called their customer support today and I was told they aren't even sure if some of my items are out of stock/back ordered or not because their warehouse and online inventory aren't connected in any way... I don't know how a company can have such terrible supply chain management...
I had many personalized items in my order and their willingness to let me cancel without question makes me think they haven't even gotten started on personalizing my items (most likely because they are out of stock). I thought I had all my Christmas shopping done.
I understand that things happen, but they are being so unprofessional by beating around the bush. I wish they would've just told me a few days after I ordered that everything was out of stock.
Very disappointed. Will not be using this site again.

Tip for consumers: Call ahead and make sure items are in stock. They probably won't know, but it's better than hearing two weeks later that they can't fulfill your order.

krissaz
12/18/14

The Knot Wedding Shop has worse than terrible customer service, as in NONEXISTENT. They are going back on their "delivery by Christmas" guarantee, leaving countless holiday customers in a lurch. I have trying emailing and calling about my order status with no response. I checked my order today to see that one item was cancelled, the rest of the order still "processing." Was I notified of this? NO. Will I order from this company again? H*** NO! I suggest all the other unfortunate customers of this company to report it to the Better Business Bureau. They have a helpful link at the bottom of their page!

Tip for consumers: Just don't.

ryanj16
12/18/14

I've had the same problem as everyone else. Has anyone gotten any compensation for this? I'm so disappointed and upset that I ordered almost ALL of my gifts from here and nobody will be receiving them INCLUDING the gifts I ordered for my grandmother who will sadly be having her last christmas this year. Unacceptable. If you knew you were going to give away these steals and that so many people would take advantage of them, why wouldn't you have better business ethics and plan more accordingly by matching the staff level with the high volume of orders coming in.

Tip for consumers: Don't order on black Friday, EVER

ashv2
12/17/14

Ordered on 12/1.. Item was guaranteed for christmas. Received an email that it won't be here for christmas. Cancelled my order. Worst customer service too. I will NEVER order from here again.

Tip for consumers: Do not order from this website!

jennan2
12/17/14

I wish I could give 0 stars.

I ordered several personalized items on 12/1, when their prices were fantastically low (~80% off!). When you have such an amazing deal, as the business, you should expect a huge quantity of orders rolling in. Clearly, they did not prepare; I've been tracking my order since 12/1 and it's only ever said "processing". I checked again today and one of my items stated "cancelled". I check my email again to see if they sent me an email to notify me that they have cancelled an item, and nothing, not even in the spam folder.

I called customer service and Tina says, "we have experienced a higher than normal volume that we didn't expect due to the low prices over the last few weeks". Really? You're telling me you didn't expect orders to come in droves when you mark it down 80%? She said "at this point, please don't expect your items by Christmas". All I could say was that this was horribly inconvenient. What else can you do? She also said "we are only human, we are doing the best we can". That's great, then don't promise things that you can't deliver on, it makes for very upset customers.

As much as I wanted to, I didn't cancel my order because I got such a great deal, but my family may just need to receive wrapped pictures of what we are waiting for in the mail, totally lame but what else can I do!? Honestly, I think the knot should shell out for overnight shipping once the orders are complete. It's your mistake Knot, try and at least do something that shows you care; but at this point, that is not the impression I'm getting. Really, it just feels like you sold as much as you possibly could with no regard of man power or inventory. We as customers would much rather see that something is sold out rather than ordering and then be told (or discover, not even notified) that it's not coming till after Christmas, or not at all.

I've never had such a terrible time with online ordering for Christmas, maybe I should just stick with amazon.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site. The value was great but that's pretty useless when I don't have the items. Not worth it in the end.

lindsayw10
12/16/14

I am shocked at the customer service received by, The Knot Shop. I placed an order of several items on 12/1 with a "delivery before XMas guarantee". I had not received shipping information so I emailed last week, again told "Great news! You did place your order during our guarantee period for Christmas." I still have not received shipping information so I called customer service today and was told, "we are going back on our guarantee and can now not promise your order will be delivered before Xmas." I did not receive notification of this and was only given this information because I had reached out. I now have a cancelled order and it is too late to order personalized items anywhere else and receive those items on time. Horrible customer service.

Tip for consumers: I am shocked at the customer service received by, The Knot Shop. I placed an order of several items on 12/1 with a "delivery before XMas guarantee". I had not received shipping information so I emailed last week, again told "Great news! You did place your order during our guarantee period for Christmas." I still have not received shipping information so I called customer service today and was told, "we are going back on our guarantee and can now not promise your order will be delivered befor

dawnh23
12/15/14

I purchased items from this store for CHRISTMAS presents, the 2nd of December. I was told 5-7 days processing then your item will ship. Well 2 weeks later I call them to find my delivery date and I am told my items will not make it here until AFTER the 1st of the year!!! Are you kidding me??? They told me there was no way to get them by Christmas due to the amount of orders they received. NOT my problem! I am so upset!

amberf7
12/8/14

I attempted to create a website for my wedding and even set it up to have guests RSVP. It has been nothing but a headache!!! DO NOT use the site. Spend the money on RSVP cards or chose a more reliable site. Also, the customer service was not helpful when wording on the site needed to be changed. Save yourself some stress and use a different site.

fawnt
12/4/14

HORRIBLE BUSINESS.

I made 5 orders on 11/25. I took hours to make the personalized gifts. I got an email where 6 items were canceled and then 2 saying 2 were backordered. The email said they will not ship anything until the backordered items are in. It suggested I called them if I want to cancel the backorder so that the rest of the order can be process. So I did that.

I called them last night and the rep said that on Friday they will start sending out more cancellations email but they are overwhelmed now so they cannot tell me which items will or will not be canceled. The girl told me that actually ALL the backorder items will be canceled for everyone anyways because they will run out also. So she said around Friday or later, we are going to get emails on those cancellations. I told her fine, just process the rest. She said actually the 13 that's left, most of them will be canceled also. I'm like WHAT?? She said because they are not in stock. If it's not on line anymore that means they will not send them even though I ordered it back on 11/25. She said their system is not matching their inventory. So it is allowing people to order things that they do not have. It's ridiculous. So I said EXACTLY how many items can I get. She kept putting me on hold. Finally she came back and said that they had no idea. She asked me to call back on Friday when they can give me more information. WTF. She said that they are getting a ton of calls and complaints and they can't fill it as fast AND there's not enough things in stock.

To make it more insulting, she tells me that they don't actually fill an entire order at the same time. So for example, I ordered 19 items. They go to make them, when they get to one that is on "backorder", they go and send an email and now puts my order on "hold" until backorder is in. So I said well now that I've canceled the backorder, will it be at the front of the line? NO. It goes back to the end of the line. So then if another item because discontinued as they fill it, you go back to the end of the line again. STUPIDEST thing I ever heard. So in other words, if you made an order with 1 item, you may get it. If you made an order with multiple items, you will probably not get it because each time they get to an item they don't have, they put you at the end of the list AGAIN. I asked her why they don't just fill out the whole order at the same time, she said that's not how they do it.

I also said it's stupid that they hold on to the entire order instead of sending what they have. She said there's no way for them to track parts of an order so they have to have the whole order before they send it. This is the most unorganized business I know. I spent hours personalizing everything just so it gets all cancelled.

So then I told her, Ok so all these people who got email that saying their item is backordered -- really it's not. It will be cancelled. She said yes most of them will be cancelled. Then I said and if they take the rest to wait for the backorder, the other items in the order that is being on "hold" is really given to someone else order, so by the time the backorder is in, all the other items are no longer available. So you're screwed if you actually wait for a backorder. She said YES. So why send an email asking us to call. She said there's no point of calling. There's nothing they can do. They can't even tell us what they can or cannot send at this time.

By the way, one of my other order only had 4 items and that's not being sent either. It was ordered on 11/25th also.

All the items that were on sale was on sale because they are being discontinued. They are clearing out everything for new items in Jan, she said. So of course they are cancelling items.

To give you an idea of which items were cancelled, they were totes, towels, robes, jar, glasses, tunic, etc. When I called, she went through and told me I will be getting emails on all the other cancellations later in the next week or so. I had gotten 8 emails already but that's barely anything. She said pretty almost everything will be cancelled.

Worst business ever.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

louiseg14
11/18/14

The site is great and full of good info but DO NOT order from theknotshop. I placed an order on 11/27 and over a month later have gotten 1 item from my order. I've called several times and they assure me it will ship out that day and they will over night it but it has never happened. Terrible customer service. 100% would not recommend anyone to order from them!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheKnot staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: How do I dispute a review from someone who DID NOT use my services?
4/16/15
Answer
barbw6
A: That's the problem with this site, there's nobody to really help you with issues. I wish u luck but I don't know....
4/16/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: Can you upload gift certificates to IKEA?
5/22/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the TheKnot staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

TheKnot?