US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

cindyc59

Great customer service, I get on avg one lead a week sometimes more very pleased! (in 25 reviews)

juliak

You can also have start a free wedding website or get a personal url for $30. (in 18 reviews)

ashleyh2

The Knot is a great resource for wedding planning. (in 11 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jimmys70
2/9/16

I ordered a bulk order from the knot shop. It was for the wrong amount (120 came in, I wanted 144). I called them within a week of receiving the order. They said there was nothing they could do, I had to pay full price per each additional one I needed instead of the bulk price that I should have received and in addition I had to pay the set up fee AGAIN! They were rude, and not helpful via email or by phone. I wish I could return all of these but I would rather the shot glasses I have to go in the trash then to give them one more red penny. I don't think the company cares about these reviews though, or they would respond...look at the amount of negative reviews.

andrewj53
2/4/16

I'm a vendor and I totally agree with review of Austin G. The Knot has is paying people / bloggers to initiate contact with vendors. They show interest in your services, but the communication stops after a vendor responds. It happened to me for several month. It happens to most vendors. I started saving all e mails received through the knot. In several month I have advertised with the knot, I have not received one e mail from a real potential client and have not booked one wedding through knot. When I tried to end my advertisement early, I received the same answer most vendors on here got - must stay till the end of agreement.
I don't understand one thing. How can a company that is scamming so many vendors and brides stay in business for so many years? This doesn't seem right, does it?

susans188
1/27/16

All our reviews were 5 stars suddenly we get a 1 star that was full of lies it was so obviously an unhappy competitor even our customers came to our defense by writing glowing 5 star reviews. I spent hours with customer service and my "sales rep" and they just wrote me off and defended the phantom bride. I am the one that is paying these people thousands of dollars a year to advertise but who got the benefit of the doubt? well it was not me and they told me to "you have the obligation to prove that it was a competitor" How about taking the side of the vendor who pays. What a joke! once my contract is up they will never again get my business.

angelab105
1/27/16

Wish I had read these reviews before getting involved with them. They treat their vendors very badly, customer service is extremely poor, they seem to be only interested in money. They charge a lot of money for very little service and limited tools. Further, the leads from the site are minimal in relationship to the exposure they give you for the cost. Never again, big mistake

donnam103
1/19/16

I had my business advertised on The Knot for over 4 years. I was very happy with the response I got until they changed the way brides responded via an app.
I was told "there is something wrong with my email" ...long story short.
When they said hey it's time to renew I emailed them back saying I will be looking for other
avenues to advertise. Now 5 months later they didn't get paid after that and now telling me I owe them for back fees...for WHAT? I lost..I should send them a bill.
So before you advertise with them..make sure "there is nothing wrong with your email" whatever that means.
Several leads responded to went into spam when I did reply. If you advertise online and get a lead you know how important it is to answer in a timely manner...so does The Knot since they are constantly reminding me of this.

alexz30
12/18/15

I dont want to be in the family bizz fr oky dadd i dnt lke ths `

katyv2
12/18/15

David Cheney is the most AMAZING photographer I have ever met!! He will bend his schedule to accomidate yours. Our photoshoots were over-the-top fun and enjoyable. He has a wonderful personality and a charming sense of humor. We loved our photos and can not wait to make an excuse to use him again!!!! He is worth every dime and every minute! You will NOT find a better photographer to capture all of the small treasured moments of your big day!!! After our big day, he is now considered family. I am a DAVID CHENEY FAN!!! Go David! Go David!

Tip for consumers: Listen to what he suggests. He knows what he is talking about.

ingridk5
12/3/15

I try to cancel my account because I haven had a single wedding from this site and I can't afford the price.. I spoke with Jill and Brad and the only think about getting paid, they said you are in a contract for a year if you don't paid the balance we will send you to collection.. well that is I want to cancel so I does get to that point but the only think the care is getting paid. DON'T SIGN UP WITH THE KNOT YOU WONT GET CLIENTS AND STILL HAVE TO PAID FOR A HOLD YEAR THANKS FOR NOTHING THE KNOT I WILL NEVER USED YOUR SERVICE AGAIN

jackr63
11/6/15

It published our exact wedding day and time on google and there is NO way to take it down. DO NOT use this sight.

marys255
11/6/15

While I enjoyed using The Knot to gather inspiration for my wedding and to create our wedding website, I was HIGHLY unimpressed with their customer service. First of all, I was somehow signed up for email blasts and mail blasts from vendors who bought distribution lists from theknot, even though I had specified I did not want to be contacted by any outside vendors. Next, they kept changing the checklists so I was constantly losing what the next steps would be for planning my wedding.

Finally...and most frustatingly, their 'easy' RSVP was not so easy. Yes, the guests could RSVP from the website but 50% of the time, an email would be sent to me saying someone RSVPed while the other 50% had no email. Likewise, 50% of those who RSVPed on the website changed status automatically in our list housed by theknot, then the other 50% of the time they didn't change status which meant I had to meticulously go through my list multiple times in order to make sure I had everyone accounted for...oh this also meant going though their emails and also contacting all our guests again to double check. Oh yea...there were a number of times the guests responses didn't show up. This final issue was so frustrating that I contacted the company about the issue. It's been a month since my wedding and 2 months since I contacted them with no response.

If you don't use them for your guest list, website or checklist and just purely for inspiration, it's great. If you need any support, they are the worst company to use.

donnab75
10/30/15

Had my daughter's wedding On Oct 23 2015.The venue Imperial Designs Banquet Hall in Orlando Florida was truly amazing an all-inclusive paradise I walked into the ballroom and thought I was in a room decorated by David Tutera himself Christian and his crew did an outstanding job I was pleased 100% love love love it . Highly recommended 5 stars Donna B.

melj13
10/29/15

I was simply just testing the tools and layouts to create a wedding website. I clicked save in order to return later to finish and avoided the "share" button, yet when searching my name the half finished website was visible on google! I've used many other website creators before and this has not happened other websites will not go live until you click published or share; therefore, I am very disappointed in this service and theknot.com.

rossp12
10/29/15

People experience "love at first site" once in their lives, and some people never do. I have experienced it twice. The first time I met my partner and knew I would marry him, and when he and I walked into the Stonebridge Country Club in Smithtown. As a gay couple, we had experienced an incredible amount of bias during our search. It was not the case when we met with Gary Schneider. We felt as though we were welcome and appreciated.
Although our wedding was last summer, we feel that its never too late to say "thank you".
We say loudly and clearly, that our experience was beyond wonderful.
The food and the service was 5 star quality, and the ballroom was stunning. No stone was left unturned, and no detail was overlooked. If we could give 10 stars we would!
Thank you Stonebridge! You made our dreams come true.

susanh124
10/18/15

We (Jack and Susan) are in our seventies and had our wedding reception Oct 3, 2015 at Steele Hill Resorts in Sanbornton New Hampshire. Penny Miller and her staff were extremely helpful with all the details to make our wedding day very special. The recommended vendors were excellent. Thanks to all that helped make the event a success. .

tammym37
10/12/15

Rev. Sandy LaRouche/ EverAfter Weddings, officiated our wedding ceremony September 20th 2015, in the hystorical Tower Grove Park in St Louis, MO. She is absolutely wonderful and creates her ceramonie's to be as unique as the bride and groom are.
"This was the most beautiful ceramony I've ever witnessed." "I've never been to a wedding as touching as this one." Are just two out of countless compliment ' s that we recieved. Many of the gentlemen guests were seen wiping tears from their eyes right along with the ladie's throughout the wedding. Sandy made our big day personal, unique, romantic and even witty at times. It was like a fairy tale.
I would recommend her to anyone who's vision is of a truly original wedding ceremony, a day that will be completely your own, "unforgettable".
(Tammy & Michael Massarello)

cindyc59
9/24/15

austing15
9/24/15

Been advertising with the knot for almost two years, haven't book a single wedding through them and I book a good a mount of weddings. They have fake people contact you asking for more information, as if they couldn't just click the link to our website; but not one of them every replies back once we respond. Don't waste your time.

ryans102
9/17/15

We've been a TheKnot advertiser for about 5 years and I can say that their services are legit. We've spent months working on our profile and getting the best pictures possible and we do see a small return. The only problem is that The Knot costs nearly twice as much as their nearest competitor and from a web development standpoint it is filled with glitches and problems. Their tech team clearly has no clue how to build a fully functioning website of that size. We pay around $1,000.00 a month and I know other vendors that pay as much as $3,000 a month to advertise on The Knot. We currently pay about $500.00 a month for similar services on WeddingWire and elsewhere.

johnc378
9/16/15

My daughter found this place, it is a piece of heaven on earth!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the property and grounds to the attention n of the owner Ann Messenger it was perfect. I know this because I paid for the wedding. Loved the big fire pit to make smores at night. I wish I could have had my wedding there 26 years ago. I am one happy dad, worth every penny. Don't look anywhere else, wasting your time.

Tip for consumers: Go see place.

megana6
9/10/15

The Knot will STEAL YOUR MONEY and put it in their big fat wallet. The manager will LIE to you about their millions of bride visitors in your area, how they are #1 in the market, B.S. The Knot is a lie, thieves, do NOT give them one single penny of your hard earned dollars!!!! They will eat your money before you get any business.

jakobg2
9/10/15

The knot will let anyone write a review. So even though you have no idea what he client and vendor agreed to, you can still write a review,which is not a true representation.

patv12
8/24/15

I signed a one year contract to advertise my chocolate business for wedding favors. As many others have said....a customer would have had to click through 12 pages just to find my page. I put the name of my company in the search box and still couldn't find it!! I did not get one comment, call, or query during the whole year. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

jonahk9
8/20/15

Spent roughly $1500 over the course of 1 year for advertising. NOT ONE SINGLE CUSTOMER OR LEAD was generated. The sales rep, Margaret Fazio promised me the moon, telling me about all the site traffic theKnot gets and how I was in such a good geographic market. Then when I said I wasn't seeing results she said it was because I hadn't completed the "bio" section of my profile, a feature they had recently added. Total BS. I filled out the bio and it made no difference. I wish I had researched this SCAM company before I signed up. Lesson learned, expensive as it was... I will always research companies in the future.

amylynnp
8/12/15

I have to say, I was a member in Louisiana, our account MGR was the best! I felt valued and in MN, UMMMM not the same! I am glad my contract is up the 20th of this month and am not excited ever to get back on! YUCK....save your money, network and do bridal shows.

meganm35
8/11/15

If I could give this wedding website tool a zero star, I would. I experienced something that many others did regarding their update. After they updated their site, I was no longer able to login in to my account, leaving me without a communication tool with my wedding guest. I attempted to contact their customer service via email and phone and never spoke to a customer service representative. After emailing several times and leaving countless voicemails without any response from TheKnot team, I ventured elsewhere and created a new site with a different company. Trust me, you don't need the extra stress as your planning your wedding. Hope this helpful to future bride to be's.

kimberlya15
8/11/15

I was informed by The Knot that they are like the yellow pages or yelp and they list all the companies in your area. You cannot have your company removed . It is their right to list your company , as the owner of said company, you have no say !
Secondly , if you are not a paying customer you can not respond to any of the reviews . Any body can write a wrong review and if your not paying The Knot , you can not respond - I call that blackmail !!
Thirdly , The Best of The Knot , doesn't that sound wonderful ? Well all you have to do is have 5 reviews and you get " Best Of " . They say the reviews are all legitimate but I know for a fact they are not ...
This is a company that is one sided and does not work as team for anyone but their own pocket . Don't waste your time or energy !!

jessn8
8/4/15

I couldn't be any more disappointed with The Knot, in regard to our wedding website. Due to their "upgrades" we were suddenly unable to log into our account, though it was still populating in Google searches; problem being: guests were extremely confused, as many of our wedding details have changed!!

I've literally never experienced such POOR customer service. The provide a phone number and email for you to "reach" them at, and I have yet to hear back from anyone regarding the problem (it's been almost a month, with consistent efforts to reach out and get help).

I will never frequent their site again, and am actively advising friends and family to STAY AWAY! This has caused too much unnecessary stress throughout our planning process. I've been nothing short of plain disgusted.

steffanic
7/17/15

The interface is AWFUL. They updated their site a few months back, after I had set everything up. If every piece of wedding information I have was not already in this site, I would have switched then, but I didn't..and I am still wishing I had. Their links do not take you where they state they will, they most often lead you to a generic page. You also do not have the option to change your email once you make your account (this is the ONLY webpage that I have EVER seen that on). Most of the time to get to any of my information, I have to click through three or four different links. Save yourself the trouble, download an app to your cell phone. NOT The Knot.

The worst part? When I send an email for any question that I have, it takes over a month to hear back, and by then the question is moot. Don't bother, go elsewhere for your wedding services. After months of planning, I am MOST excited to be done with this webpage.

timothyb50
7/12/15

Horrible website builder. No options. It used to be good then they changed it, and didn't tell anyone, and screwed a lot of people.

Don't create your website here, not a trustworthy site, doesn't care about users, doesn't respond to request for help. Doesn't answer questions submitted through website, just says "contact us via email" and never responds. STAY AWAY WITH EVERY OUNCE OF YOUR BEING.

Tip for consumers: Click the X. Never return.

sharons76
7/7/15

I am a vendor and my business offers a unique bachelorette party experience for bridal parties. I approached one of the sales team about advertising on their site.They followed up quickly and urged me to sign up however the catch is that they lock you into a full year contract. I thought that given their visibility I would give it a try.

After signing up as a vendor I was given a internet sales rep to help me set up my on line store front - as they call it. Right at the gate I was told that my "rep" was on maternity leave. I had to contact them several times for them to reach out to me.

I finally (after weeks of waiting) was able to put together a decent site. However never once in 6 months edit any me follow up with me. I was pretty shocked because they certainly hounded me when they pursued my business.

I found that I was not getting any results - and called my sales rep "Gayle" who responded back to me erratically. I was very frustrated as I corned into purchasing a year long iron clad contract to advertise but I had no support whatsoever.

After a horrible six months of absolutely no support from anyone at "The Knot" I was currently promised that they would happily refund the last payment and cancel my contract. I have this in writing. As of this time they say they still need to get authorization.

This has to be absolutely the WORST EXPERIENCE AS A VENDOR THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN.

IF YOU ARE A VENDOR, RUN AWAY! AND FAST!

rickib1
7/6/15

I cannot believe how terrible the free wedding website is. Every single time we try and update information it doesn't save it, the site collapses or weird things don't work - today, the delete key won't work. It takes them weeks to answer emails. Their employees don't seem to speak English - which means there are a lot of misunderstandings, that play themselves out over months. And they will make parts of your information publicly available.

It is also ugly in a weird way. On some pages, for example, when you insert a link to a website, a separate link box will appear that your guests can click on. But then, randomly, on some pages when you insert a web address to link to, it will just include the whole clunky awful looking address in the text. And that's if you can get the information to save at all.

But this is not the worst of it. They misinterpreted an email of mine and deleted our entire account and the website.

I have since set up an account with a different service and can say with certainty that one does not need to tolerate just how bad the Knot's service is. Other sites give the choice, in plain English, up front, whether you want your registry and website findable through search engines. Even when set to 'private' the Knot will list your registry and wedding details publicly. Other sites actually work. And other sites have numbers you can call them on and people who actually answer emails.

I regret having had our invites printed with the Knot wedding website address on it. I cannot recommend strongly enough not using this service! Unless you want your free wedding website to be the single most stressful part of getting married DO NOT sign up for a website with the Knot. There are plenty of other, better, free services.

maryu14
7/1/15

It was nice to be a member of TheKnot for the wedding planning tools and all the free offers and deals (we got our wedding guest book from Shutterfly for free through TheKnot). The planning checklist helped me initially as I got started with the planning process, but then I never used it again after I made my own checklist.

My complaint is that the wedding website builder was very frustrating to use. It was SUPER slow most of the time, and about half the times I logged on wouldn't even load the page I was trying to view or edit (This was not an issue with my internet connection. Every other webpage I would use during the same browsing session would function just fine). It was convenient for many of our guests to RSVP online and for me to get email alerts when they did, but for several guests the online RSVP didn't actually work. I was so glad that I created a Google spreadsheet where I recorded all the RSVP information from email and snail mail, because I frequently could not get into TheKnot's guest list manager to view RSVPs.

If you're considering using TheKnot for your wedding planning, go ahead and create an account for the details and planning help, but build a GoogleSite or other simple web page for your wedding website. It will save you a lot of time and frustration.

mikeg120
6/24/15

They will take your money and put it into their big fat bank account because they are selling you an advertising service that DOESNT WORK!!! THEIR TRAFFIC SUCKS, I PAID $380 A MONTH TO BE ADVERTISED ON FRONT PAGE, AND IF I GOT A FEW CALLS IN ONE YEAR I WAS LUCKY!! NOT ONE WEDDING BOOKED, AND OH I FORGOT TO SAY OUR IMAGERY & PHOTOGRAPHY IS WELL KNOWN IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND OUR PHOTOS ROCK IN ANOTHER VENDOR'S SITE AND WE GET RESULTS THERE. THE KNOT IS LYING ABOUT THEIR SERVICES AND IS NOT SPENDING ONE DIME ON THEIR TRAFFIC. SHAME ON YOU!!

michellek45
6/20/15

The knot has the absolute worst customer service. They don't have phone service and they don't get back to you quickly over email.
They misinterpreted my email and deleted my wedding website! Something that I paid for and is on my invitations. I've been emailing but of course - no response. I'm completely screwed and I feel absolutely helpless.
Do yourself a favor and go to wedding wire. The knot sucks!

ericc71
6/9/15

We've printed and sealed our invitations with the website information included and now can't get access to the site to update the information. We've been holding off sending the invitations waiting for a response the Knot and are hearing nothing back. There's no number to call to speak with a live person. We're at the point where we have to just send out the invitations and apologize to our guests on Facebook for the Knot's crappy website and complete lack of customer service. I literally hate this company for adding stress to an already stressful experience. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!!!

kylek27
5/21/15

I was looking to receive additional exposure for my wedding photography business. Despite the hefty price tag each month, I was sold on having a "team" of people there to help me and properly advise me on how to best setup my page so I could engage the potential traffic as best possible. Unfortunately, you're given a hard-sell when they don't have your money; when they do, they give you a half-hearted effort.

I was told there would be two different sections of people reviewing my page before it went up to ensure it was optimized for presentation. There was a drop in communication. There was a need for me to follow up to get a response from this team. There was supposed to be a weekly or bi-weekly check in to see how I was doing and advise me on things I should change. Instead, you have somebody who calls you to say "Just checking how everything is going, oh and maybe you should change this one picture."

Half the problem is you're being sold on packages that dozens of others also purchase. A "Featured Vendor" spot is not really that great when you look how many others are also Featured Vendors. I absolutely believe in my work going above others in quality, but not only am I missing potential customers because of the sheer volume of Featured Vendors, I'm being undercut by average Joes who purchased a cheap SLR and charge a fraction of what the real professionals charge.

I received no real advisory. The team promise is an illusion. They're not just advising you- they're advising your competition to, so you can all fight for the same traffic. To pay $170 each month is beyond ludicrous. You get no lift over others, you share the First Page with people who pay less than you, and you share it with dozens of others in your market who were also suckered.

If you do try to cancel your contract at 6 months, beware- it will only cancel your Featured spot, but not your store front. Yes, you need to purchase a store front so you have something to feature. Ridiculous. Stay away, find somewhere else to put your money.

nathanm47
5/19/15

I am a small local entertainer. I went to theknot.com to advertise my company to try to bring in more wedding clients. They told me that their advertisers receive on average, 10-20 contacts from brides per month which would be awesome for me!
I signed the contract and went to work! I built my page, hours of time, but it ends up, any person who would be interested in seeing my page would have to click through at least 12 different links before they found me! I couldn't even find myself on the website without calling them for help!
In the end I hit financial crisis about 4 months into the year contract. I called them and told them that I was having severe difficulties and asked for a solution to get out of the contract early. I offered a settlement so they would receive at least some of the contracted amount.
Their response was cold and heartless. They were completely inflexible. Finally I told them to go F themselves. Even after that they continued running my add whether I wanted them to or not! And they continued billing me whether I paid them or not! For another 8 months this went on! Now they are sending me to collections for the entire amount of the contract.
Do you know how much business their advertising brought to me after an entire year? 1 phone call! And that was just a casual looker.
This company is complete bull! DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH THEM!

missyw
4/30/15

None of the "features" on this site work properly or at all. They must have on hell of a marketing/PR department bc there is no way word of mouth made this site popular. Basic functions like filters for search functions do not work (at all). More complicated functions, like building your free wedding website, are a cluster$#*! of errors and poor programing.
How is this site a thing!?!?!?
Please save yourself the time and frustrations and just find a different *working* website.

Cheers

rachelt23
4/28/15

I wish I read the reviews before creating my site and sharing it with our guests. Nothing has worked properly! You can not make individual RSVP lists for other events taking place during the wedding week. Everyone can RSVP to any "other event" you create. Our guests aren't able to view our registry through the site (weeks after attaching the links). I have called and emailed the knot with no proper response. Guests have started RSVPing to our wedding and the site isn't working!!! PICK A DIFFERENT WEBSITE FOR YOUR WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!

reneeg8
4/27/15

I have never been so frustrated with anything in my life. Wedding planning is not easy and the only reason I even made a website was to post my registry on there to avoid sending additional paper information. I have sent four e-mails and called two times to get this problem fixed. No one has returned any of my e-mails or phone calls. Terrible service. Wish I had read reviews before setting up an account.

janets34
4/10/15

Can no longer log in to my wedding website that I spent 4 months building. Can't access my guest list. Don't know how many invitations to order since I can't access the site. Have been sending emails and calling them for one week with no results. Total nightmare. Was planning to have guests RSVP through the site but not now!

brianl50
4/5/15

This website will allow other competing vendors to write a negative review of websites or companies using this website. Then when challenged it will not remove negative review placed by competing vendors. Will allow non-users of theknot to write reviews not connected to any vendor on its site. Competing vendors can say anything they wish, and The Knot will not take it down.

bobs152
3/31/15

I've used theknot.com for my wedding site, for some checklists and a few other things - starting as far back as 12 months before the wedding. I'm really glad I didn't do more using it, because they decided to do a no-notice 100% site overhaul of ALL features. The new site is buggy, has features that are less rich, and while snazzy just doesn't do what you need.

For example - their upgraded checklist suggests I don't need to worry about caterer (I'm 60 days out...caterer's been booked for 4 months) because "you checked a lot of boxes today, you worked hard, take a break".

Our site was down the day after we sent out invites because they didn't think about websites that use a redirect (www.myNameHerName.com ==> knot.com/1234451/). Awesome. Now nobody thinks our site is up.

I'd be super pissed if I'd been using it for budgeting or more items than just our site and a rough use of the checklist.

clevelands21
3/31/15

As a bride to be, it is easy to be overwhelmed by all the books, magazines, and websites.

If you're a list maker like I am, and need to streamline everything down to the basics so as not to be all over the place-- this is the only book you will need.

meganm25
3/25/15

I too, like some others I am seeing in these reviews, decided to put together a wedding website for my out of town guests. At first I thought it was simple enough. I had accidentally signed up two of my email addresses so I got confused when one website was only half done. I emailed them asking them to help and they took forever to respond. I decided to email them, asking them to delete one of my accounts so there would just be one on there. That was 4 days ago and haven't heard a single thing from them. And the amount of spam I have received after signing up for this site is ridiculous. So far theknot.com has not been worth the headache they have given me. Like I said before, really wish I had read some of these review before signing up. Don't do it - you can find other much better sites out there.

maryc109
3/24/15

Don't believe all the reviews you see on the knot for their vendors. Many of the reviews are fraudulent. They pay their own people to write reviews for vendors they've never even met. I know a DJ that got three reviews, and none of them were from any brides he ever booked.

Tip for consumers: Don't trust the reviews. Do your own research and find vendors elsewhere.

alisonw19
3/23/15

We have a lot of out of town guests attending our wedding. So, I thought creating a wedding website would be a great way to keep guests informed, I was VERY wrong! When I first created "my website" I was given a unique URL name which I then had printed on my save the dates. This way guests to could check the site for the most updated information as we finished our planing. Fast forward a few months, they switched to new site builder and I am no longer able to access my website to edit it. I emailed The Knot asking if there was any way they could help. Their response:

1. You will have to start your wedding website from scratch.
2. If you have a free URL (theknot.com/wedding/) then you will receive a brand new URL.
Unfortunately the original URL you had will not be transferable to the new website layout.

So, I provided my guests with a URL that now has incorrect information on it and I am unable to update the information. The absolute least they could have done was warn us about the changes that were going to take place. Our wedding is 5 months away, the last thing I was to do is deal with figuring out how to delete an old website and create a new one. Please, if you are deciding between different websites to use to create your wedding site, DO NOT USE THE KNOT!

anthonym103
3/22/15

My son and his new bride Heather had their wedding at the Waterview in Monroe CT last night. Our guest are saying things like "Rock star night" Epic, over the top, amazing.
These words were echoed to me and my wife Joanne all night by the 300 guests we had.
This all started with the General Mgr. Joanna Sheriff who made us feel special, important and most of all at ease that the night would be special for our kids. Sue Beaumont was the next contact person who was simply unbelievable. Every detail, every request was meet with a smile and perfection. The wait staff, bartenders and culinary department shined bright and attended to our guests like they were family. From the $#*!tail hour in the beautiful Garden room to the 30 foot Venetian table totally exceeding all expectation.
The grandeur of the Waterview was on full display last night as this magnificent building rose to the occasion and handled our 300 guest with plenty of room to spread out. We would like to again thank the Waterview staff and ownership for making the New Mr. and Mrs. Martino's wedding a memory that will last a life time.

Tip for consumers: Have a clear vision so the venue understands what you want

cyrusv4
3/12/15

I love TheKnot.com! It is such a great wedding planning site. So this book is just a great addition to anyone planning a wedding using the website. This book is amazing, because it has every checklist from the website written down into one handy, portable book. There is even space on the sides of each page to make little notes.

brittanyr11
3/2/15

I really dislike the knot. Wedding planning is already stressful enough, but when the website that you're working with crashes, it makes things much much more difficult! I signed up the for knot in the beginning of my wedding planning. A couple days after I ordered my wedding invitations to be printed, which contained my wedding website URL, the "guest list manager" portion of the knot crashed! I was not able to access my entire guest list containing every address and email for each person. I was completely relying on TK because I believed it to be reliable at the time. When I called, they assured me it would be back up the following day. 2 days passed and it was still not fixed so I called again and I received the same news again... it'll be fixed by the end of the day. After a week I called again.. this time they said by the end of the week it will be back up and going. It is now 2.5 weeks later and it is still not fixed!!! I have all of my invitations (spent $300 on them) ready to be mailed but cannot access all 120 addresses that I had already inputted! I had to embarrassingly ask all of my guests for their addresses again so that I could get the invitations to them. Absolutely ridiculous! Now I am stuck using the stupid knot because all of my guests are to RSVP via my website that has the URL in each invitation. It'll be an absolute disaster if my wedding website crashes as well! I wish I would have gone with Wedding Wire in the beginning!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THE KNOT!! IT'S A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY (IF YOU PURCHASE A CUSTOMIZED URL). GO WITH WEDDING WIRE!!

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TheKnot staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question