US Government's NSF

3 Timber Court
Bolingbrook, IL 60440, United States
Tel: 630-296-0146
assistance@swap.com

People interested in Swap.com are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ryanw20

I have purchased several collector items from swap.com. (in 63 reviews)

lindaj41

Great Customer service..Emailed Customer service/got response next day. (in 23 reviews)

anastasiab3

I've traded gently used clothing that my kids have outgrown for clothes they actually needed. (in 52 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

juliep34
8/27/15

I tried this site after the reviews online and sent in some new items and like new. After their assessment I learned i was due to make $2.00 - they rejected some very good clothing and accepted items with tags on them and sold them and I have not heard anything nor did they respond to an email complaint about their poor review of my bag (like new name brand clothing like Children's place, and brand new clothes as well) . I had another new bag set to go out to them (all new and new shoes plus halloween costumes ) and will NOT send them as i feel ripped off and this is only benefitting Swap.com. Who gets only $2 (which i have not received) for over four new items? If they say they give $1 per item, that is a minimum of $4.00 right there so I have no clue how people make any money off of their clothing on this site. I would rather donate locally then send a for profit company my childrens new with tags clothes to make $2.00. Which i have no idea how to receive, as if it matters at this point. Will not sell or shop with them again.

jkm2
8/25/15

I do 70% of my shopping online and I can say I was impressed with the ease of use for the site and the smooth transactions that followed...items at a good price, shipped quickly and in the condition described. What more can a consumer ask for?!?

brendad21
8/23/15

I have had nothing but good experiences with Swap.com. Selling, buying, and returns have all been great and beyond expectations.

jessicah76
8/21/15

I've sent one box of items to sell, and I've purchased three separate times ($200-$400 total per order). First, the purchases: my first order arrived just fine, and everything was as I expected. I did return a few items that just did not fit or didn't look like the photos in person. The return went fine. The second time I ordered, there were a couple of errors, and a couple of items smelled terribly of chemicals. Again I returned a few things, and this time the refund was delayed, they didn't process all of the items to be refunded, and I found the items that were supposedly "missing" from my return for sale on the site. That's fraud, folks!

Unfortunately, by that point (since it was delayed) I had already attempted to set up another box of sale items as well as ordered another lot of clothing. I got a discount code for shipping, and then when I tried to use it, the site said that the code (generated 5 seconds earlier) had already been used. I saw the notification that the items wouldn't be processed for over two months anyway, and I decided to sell them elsewhere. Like others, I've decided that selling on the site is not worth it.

Meanwhile, I just received my third shipment of items. EVERYTHING in this shipment reeks horribly of mothballs. Naphthalene is a known carcinogen. I don't really want that against my skin, let alone my children's. Also, half the items were different than the description--wrong shoe size, wrong clothing size, totally wrong description (hi, these are capris, not pants; this "dress" comes to my waist, etc.)--and several items had damage, including one with a giant hole in it. I'm done.

roselina2
8/17/15

I Have bought a lot of things from swap.com and I have great experience with them, got lots of clothes for my family, Great Price fast shipping A ++++ Service

marianr5
8/15/15

The products are very nice, no complaints at all. They were all nicely wrapped when I received them and in great condition. The best part of all, not having to bid and wait, and pay large shipping fees. The order arrived very quickly.

lisar89
8/15/15

I buy from Swap.com and I think they have great items at great prices! Fast shipping and items as described. I intend to shop here often! :) Don't know about the selling to them part, but apparently with the great items and prices, they are doing something right!

katies36
8/15/15

I sent in a box of 51 items. Took over 60 days to be reviewed. I was returned the shipping fee of $8.90 but they still took it out of what I sold. They rejected 10 items which most were new never been worn saying the items were stained, valued under $3 or torn. I was quite shocked since I inspected each item and washed them all before sending in. So I contacted customer service asking why and I got the generic automated response that they were undervalued etc. So what was amazing to me was they accepted items that I had worn many times yet rejected brand new clothing. They also labeled the accepted items wrong. I requested to have my rejected items returned. Well now I spent $4.99 on top of the $8.90 to ship them back. Well I get my items and every single item is torn, stitching ripped out of hems, holes where it looks like someone used a scissor on it, bleach stains and one shirt looked like someone took hold of it and ripped the v-neck apart. I was so upset! I contacted Matt Flores after many attempt to contact customer service with no response. I did not hear back from him for 2 days. Tells me he will look into it. A day later he says no one tampered with my items. They must've gotten damaged in shipping or they must have a horrible employee. Damaged in shipping? How can that happen in a box? He said I would be receiving $40 for my troubles in a few days on Friday afternoon. I ended up requesting all the items that were accepted be returned to me at that time. I did receive the $40 from them that Friday night but whoever ruined my items is a horrible person. I would never ever send in items like that and expect them to be accepted! So no I will never buy or sell from here again! I'm glad I was given the $40 but I still have items that are damaged. So damaged they had to be thrown away. Some were even my kids clothes. That made me sad someone ruined them.

One other problem I had was twice items I bought, once arrived, were the wrong size. They mislabeled them on their site. A pair of Capri pants I bought from them I noticed a week later that someone had sewed a hole that was in them in the seem with black thread and the pants are grey! So they accepted this item, sold it to me and rejected perfectly good clothing? I think they don't pay attention. They don't care and will always reject items whether new or not. They screw you with the shipping and fees. I sold 15 items and never made a dime! It's a waste of time and they will not stay in business running it this way.

jamesb238
8/14/15

A friend recommended this site to me to unload a ton of designer and vintage clothes I had acquired. I sent them in 3 boxes, well over 50 pounds each, with the promise that items will be posted in 2 weeks.

Almost immediately I got emails telling me they were experiencing delays which would cause the posting of items to take closer to a month. I figured, you know, that's not that big of a deal. However it actually is taking them more like 45-60 days to post items. That's not the end of the world, but it IS frustrating. They *are* refunding the shipping costs for sending your packages in, which is nice, but they do it in an incredibly annoying way where they send that amount to your paypal, but leave the debt on your swap.com account, so that any sales you get are still eaten up by the shipping charges that remain on your account.

Anyway, out of my first box, they basically rejected all of the clothing items I had included and only accepted a bunch of stuffed animals I'd sent. I was kind of like...ok, whatever...

But then they processed my second box, and rejected the entire box. They literally photographed the box itself and listed it as a rejected item, with the reason "Stains". So naturally I called customer service because I wanted to know how that could possibly be. A 65 pound box of designer clothing that was clean when I sent it was not rejected for being stained?

I was told I would receive a call back that afternoon, but by 7PM no one had called me. I logged in again and suddenly the reason for the rejection had been changed to "odor". I called the next day and was told that the box was giving off a mildew smell and had to be rejected. I was promised that they keep items in a climate controlled warehouse, so there was no way they could have caused this issue. I certainly didn't send them a box of mildewy clothing, so the only possible explanation is that UPS - the company they ship through - exposed the box to water during transit.

I was told that my box would be shipped back to me for no fee, and they would also ship back my other rejected items at no fee. I was then sent *one* tracking number for UPS, which was tagged as containing everything. However when that box arrived it ONLY had the rejected items from the first box. The second box was nowhere to be found.

Meanwhile I'd opened up a claim with UPS, but UPS says because the shipping label was on the swap.com corporate account, they have to deal with swap.com and not me. So they attempted to inspect the package at swap.com, but no one there was able to help them or do that, and they cancelled the claim.

Ultimately I waited for a representative by the name of Matt Flores to get back to me today because no one had any idea where my package wound up. He said that he would get back to me within an hour, and two hours later I was forced to contact him.

It turns out they divided my package up into four shipments and then sent them to THE WRONG PERSON IN ANOTHER STATE. Now there is NO WAY that UPS is going to grant a claim, because they have no way of knowing if the damage done to the items in the package was done by them, or during this insane mishandling of my merchandise.

Meanwhile there is the third package I sent, which hasn't even yet been reviewed for posting of items. Suffice to say this company is a complete disaster.

For those complaining about fees: fees are listed pretty clearly on their website. They charge $1.50 per item sold, PLUS 25% of the sold amount. So if you sell an item for $8, they are going to take $2 plus $1.50 leaving you with $4.50. You're not going to make a ton of money on this site unless you're selling expensive items, and a lot of them.

lanat5
8/10/15

I didn't expect to make even $20 from selling, but I expected a little money. As other reviewers stated after all the fees I ended up making 0. Their fees added to over $20. There's a $8.90 fee to ship, then $8 invoice fee plus a percent of what you sell. I literally got an email from swap stating 0 dollars was deposited in my Paypal.acct. the bad news is i had another box on the way and know I am getting screwed on that too.

robinm60
8/10/15

I find lots of great deals on here and never disappointed when it comes to what I receive. You can't beat the free shipping when you spend over $50....now for the selling part...I'm a little disappointed. It took about 2 months before my items were ready to be priced. I was reimbursed for the shipping fees for sending my clothes because of the delay. However, many of the clothes that were deemed not "sellable" were in good condition when I sent them. They all had a similar black mark on them. I know that I would've never sent in the clothes in the condition that they were returned to me. Even so, about 75% of my clothes were accepted but only about 10% have sold. They are slowly selling.

zulemai
8/7/15

I'm very satisfied with all my purchases made at swap.com, I love that shipping doesn't take long and I get to use the items bought as soon as I need them.

saucyt
7/21/15

after sending in about 3 box full of clothes maybe 20 pieces were approved the rest got rejected and after fees and shipping fees I sold almost all my items and made $2.50 . What a joke never use this site again to sell anything, And alot of the items were in good condition I could of sold on offerup or a yardsale and made more money waste of time i wouldn't recommend to anyone.

sandyj24
7/21/15

To echo what others have said, the buying is good, but selling experience is absolutely AWFUL! The first 2 boxes I sent I was fairly satisfied with the results. I wasn't concerned with making money as much as I just needed to get rid of items my children have outgrown. (The wear uniforms for school so everything is very gently used)..First of all, take a picture of all your items that you send because some of the more expensive items sent " magically disappear" and they claim they were never received. However, I found the very same items, in the same size, and at the same time, my items were posted. The customer service reps, Matt and Ebone are of no help in the matter either. Ebone is the typical Kiss-the-customers-fanny type, so she appears concerned but is incapable of resolving any issue. Moving forward, I was told my clothes would be up for posting within 5-10 days. When I inquired as to why it was taking so long, I got the reply "We are overwhelmed with our new women's category and it may now take up to 15 days" After 15 days, still none of my (children's) items were posted. Sent yet another inquiry only to be told they have been swamped and the processing/posting time would now be 30 days! After SIX WEEKS my items are now finally posted. .And yes, items are missing from this box as well. Half were rejected and I am certain they were in good condition and all were professionally ironed, They literally throw all rejected items into a pile and take a picture of it and post it for you choose to donate or have it sent back to you (In the wadded-up pile) with a added-on fee for shipping. It is a great concept, but SWAP.com is typical company that has flourished and become a money-hungry mongrel. I hope people will soon see their dishonesty to their sellers and move elsewhere - There are many other online consignments that are very honest and up-front.

torij1
7/16/15

Good products, great prices, excellent service, fast shipping.

marcieg
7/15/15

I started selling on Swap sometime in February 2015. I was really excited to start selling because from the reviews it looked like such a great process. I know alot about resale as well. For one, I have sold 5 years in a row with a local consignment sale that happens 2x a year where I am from. Majority of my clothing is from Gymboree or Gap. I make quite a bit of money doing these sales but my main focus with Swap was not to make money. I wanted to swap clothing for my 4 children. I buy my kids really nice stuff and was hoping to save a little money this year and I thought this would be a great way to do that and still come out with great items for my kids. My first box I sent in, there were quite a few pieces missing. I knew exactly what they were too. They told me they couldn't find them anywhere, but days later under the Netcycler seller name, I saw my items in the same sizes that were missing. How does that just happen all of a sudden someone else gave them the exact same items in the exact same size at the exact same time? The customer service was very good though, I can say that. Ebone was really nice and offered to help correct the situation. I wish more would have been done for me though! At first, using the site it was going great. I would offer fair prices for other people's clothes and I would feel like I would get a fair trade in return on swaps. Now when someone swaps an item with me and pays money on top of the swap, their company takes that commission as well. You end up with a completely unfair swap. No where did I ever read in their rules that they took commision off of swaps as well. Only on sales. Then I am told you cannot be lowballed by $1 offers yet my swap offers page is loaded with them. I have even taken pictures and uploaded them to facebook and still no response! I will be adding pictures to this review so you can see as well since they do not believe you can get only $1 offers! Another drawback from using their company is that you have to price your items substantially higher just to make a profit since their fees are high priced! Then you (the seller) run the risk of your items just sitting in your account because who wants to pay that kind of money for a used item even if it is name brand? I do want to say that there have been some really good points to using their site. They do majority of the work. They put the items on the site. They take the pictures. Customer Service has been good. BUT items take forever to load into your account.I think once I am done with my items in my account I will only buy from now on. No more selling and no more swapping. It really isn't worth it anymore. Also want to add that I sent a message directly to management (Matt) on some tips on how to improve their site a few months ago and never got a response from him. Today, I still use Swap and I buy from Swap as well. I have had good and bad experiences with them. With any company you run the risk of issues. Overall I am semi pleased. I just wish they would listen to the feedback from their customers more...

joshg33
7/14/15

Sent a total of 125 items for selling, 84 of which were rejected on some trumped up charges. I have sold almost 20 items over the past couple of months, netting a total profit of under $15- some of these were nice clothes that I could have easily sold on eBay for 3 times as much even after shipping. The site is fine for buying clothes, but utterly ridiculous for selling.

dianel29
7/8/15

i recently found this site. Having lost weight recently I needed new clothes. This site was a life saver.
They have a great selection, the clothes are like new and they deliver very fast.
The Clothes are brand name. Anything from old navy, gap, to joe's jeans, armani.
The prices are the best you can find of sites like these.
They also will take back what doesn't work or fit.
Swap has become one of my favorite sites.

geminij
7/8/15

I sent a large bag filled with clothing it took 4.5 weeks to post and 4 items were excepted. I was set back by this but was assured that my shipping fees Would be voided. I just sold 1 shirt for $5 and after all of their fees I will receive $2.25. I thought the selling fee was 25%?! I won't Sale on this site again. I have bought a few items and the shipping was quick. 2 of my items were miscategorized. I thought I was buying a Jr halter and it ended up being a skirt. I bought size 7 boys shorts and they ended up being a 7 Jr girl shorts. I was able to use the items for other kids in our family but my son didn't get what he picked out. So they get 3 stars from me.

carolanna1
7/2/15

I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH swap.com FOR OVER A YEAR NOW. I BOUGHT ALOT OF TOYS FOR THE TODDLERS IN MY FAMILY. ALL LOOK BRAND NEW AND I CAN SAY THE SAME FOR KIDS CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES. I DON'T SHOP RETAIL FIRST ANYMORE AS KIDS GROW SO FAST IT DOES NOT PAY SO THIS CONSIGNMENT IS A GREAT ANSWER TO FAMILIES ON A BUDGET. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT. IS THE BEST I EVER DEALT WITH. NO AUTOMATED SYSTEM....A REAL PERSON ANSWERS THE PHONE!!! I LOVE THIS COMPANY! Carolann Aufiero

rebeccas60
6/30/15

This is the first time I've tried swap.com and it hasn't been positive so far. They received my box on May 22nd. It's now June 30th and none of my items have been posted. When they received my box I got an email saying it would take 10-15 business days to post my items. So far it's been 27 business days and they're still not up. Most annoying is that I spent a lot of time sorting the items to make sure only summer clothes were included in the box. I appreciate that sometimes people get behind, but it should not take weeks to address whatever the issue is. At the very least they should be honest about how long it takes to process boxes. NOT COOL.

ms195
6/23/15

This company started out okay but has since grown into a very dishonest "company". First they do not donate anything, the resell it for their own profit! They will cut the tags off of your brand new items and send them back to you stained and gross! They will tell you they will except certain items and then throw it into their reject pile (gee wonder why?). They recently raised their sellers fees and you would think they would employ more help. Nope, for over a month they have been accepting boxes with confirmation they would be processed in 10-15 days. SEVERAL people's boxes have been "lost" in this process and several are still waiting and it has been over a month for the boxes to be processed, yet they charge you your fee as soon as it hits their back door. Of course, this works out to their advantage b/c now you can't sell your seasonal items b/c they have sat there for a month or so and Swap can offer you pennies while they turn around and sell it other places. Yes, they do sell on other websites and locally. There was also a post on their page several weeks ago about a lady who found her rejected items that were supposed to be donated listed for sale somewhere. Of course swap removed that post as well. DISHONEST.......you are better having a yard sale and selling it for $1.00 or donating to a charity of your choice so that you can claim it yourself, than getting involved with these people.

rachels55
6/21/15

I've been with Swap since they were Netcycler. I buy and sell on Swap with a great degree of regularity. When I ship items, they usually start appearing online for me to price within 48 hours. They're incredibly fast! Almost every time there's a free shipping code for buying, I make a purchase. And they have sales from time to time. I recommend Swap to everyone looking to buy or sell kids' stuff. Now they have women's clothing, too. I'm just waiting for them to add purses and bags to the women's selections, and I'd love to see men's clothing on the site.

yolandal3
6/19/15

SWAP.COM IS RIDICULOUS!! I SENT. CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN MYSELF I'M SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS COMPANY. THIS IS MY OPINION!! DON'T SEND ITEMS TO THIS COMPANY. I AM SELLING ITEMS ON POSH MARK. YOU HAVE TO DO THE WORK YOURSELF, BUT AS THEY SAY IF YOU WANT THE JOB DONE RIGHT, DO IT YOURSELF.

Tip for consumers: DON'T

annt24
6/17/15

I love this site. I was wounding if the were going to get men stuff on here too thanks ann tullos

mariac70
6/16/15

Got what I ordered fast and it was in great condition! I will definitely buy from this site again.

steves158
6/16/15

The best part of the place is the manager on the floor and he gets screwed, its sad, place has potential but, wrong people get dumped on. I don't know how the male supervisor takes it there, hopefully he gets his due

sarahb135
6/9/15

1. They will take a month to put your items on the site.

2. They'll sell your "rejects" out the back door by the pound.

3. They'll say they pay you rebates but never do, or claim it's your bank's fault.

4. They'll gladly take your money for items that don't match the description, then reject them when you try sell the clothes back.

5. They'll cheat you in any way they can.

Save your time and money.

mrsc4
6/8/15

I have not only bought items on Swap.com but sold more than a few things as well. Very easy to buy and sell. They send you a pre paid label that you only pay for once you sell your first item. They direct deposit your funds into the account of your choosing. And for buying?? There are alot of great gently used items to choose from. Much better than driving around to some of these resale places and still not finding what your looking for. Swap.com gives you the convienience of online shopping with great prices....all from the comfort of your own home!!

julieb81
6/6/15

Just as everyone else is saying- you send a big box of your stuff and they accept hardly any of it. Some of the stuff that they refused was matching sets with tags! When I asked about it they told me I needed to review the acceptance policy... and if I want my clothes back I have to pay to ship them back! What a trap!

anacarelr
6/1/15

They take your money and your clothes and they hace a excuse like if ur baby clothes dont look good donate they probably keeping it. Terrible experience buying clothes too. A baby pants that i bought had pu on it so nasty. Never sell ir buy in this. Is a big scam they just want your money

jenniferr86
6/1/15

I sent in a large box of baby clothes and items. They accepted less than 10 of the items. Several of the items they accepted were new in package but they marked them as merely good condition. I contacted them asking them to correct their error, I was informed that they would, but no corrections were ever made. I'm convinced they make their money charging sellers ridiculous fees.

I've never tried buying from swap, but after my selling experience I'm not going to take the chance. They already have enough of my money and my items.

genevap
5/23/15

I don't know what this company is like when it comes to selling or swapping but I am content to buy from them. Needed some clothes for 2 young girls in our church and didn't have much time or money to spend. Found swap.com and could not have been more pleased with the results I received! Ordered several pieces and the package was shipped within 2 days just like they said. I received the package in plenty of time to do any altering so it could be ready for them when they needed it. Could not believe the prices. So cheap! Am recommending this site to others!

jenniferk31
5/22/15

When you send in a box of your clothes all you are doing is lining their pockets not yours! They claim that you can make over $150 per box and with 4 boxes sent in (more than 75% sold) I have only made back what i have paid to ship it there! They take all of your profits! I sold many items for their minimum $3 to move them and of the $3 they took $2.25! That is silly! I wish I would have kept my sons baby clothes and just donated them to a local good cause. This website and their customer service team are rude, mean and only care about making money off your items while you suffer. SAVE YOUR BREATH AND JUST DONATE OR GO ELSEWHERE!!!!

elaineg18
5/21/15

This company has a GREAT selection! I click on my grandson's size, click the manufacturer my daughter likes and displayed in front of me are pages of beautiful, like-new clothes! I save time by shopping on my phone instead of going to the store. I don't have to dig through multiple sizes to get to his size. The clothes literally look like they're BRAND new. I've shopped for my daughter when she was pregnant, and now I shop for my grandson. I haven't had to return a single item. The descriptions are perfect. I love swap.com. It makes having babies SO much more affordable! WHERE WERE YOU 20 YEARS AGO WHEN I HAD MY CHILDREN? Great company. Fast shipping, which is FREE after a certain amount. Highly recommended!!!

stephaniel23
5/16/15

I have a 5 yr old and he isn't picky so it's easy for me to save money shopping for him on this site since they have a $3-$5 dollar category and they have the clothes separated by category. Shopping woman's bottoms is horrible though because I'm picky and most things don't say the leg type or rise. I've sent many things there and haven't any problems with the few things that have been rejected from time to time (which has been an average of maybe 1 thing per the many boxes I have sent). I don't know why other people are having tons of rejects but the rules are simple, no stains or rips and clean items basically. The value you get back isn't that great but I figure with what I save on what I buy it evens things out and I don't have lug things that are too small or no longer played with somewhere when I can just send it all away.

allisonv3
5/16/15

I have had great success in buying from this site. Very happy buyer. From the reviews very hesitent to sell. I got burned by other sites on value to what was sent. Afraid to take that chance again.

cassie78
5/15/15

Buying from this site is amazing!!! But selling is a total disappointment!! I sent in a full box and 3/4 of it was rejected. The reasons listed ranged from undervalued, strong odor and pet hair. First, I don't even have a pet, so there is no pet hair on anything I sent in. After receiving my rejections via ups, which I had to pay to get back, I inspected everything. There was no odor, unless laundry soap is offensive. There was no hair. And if your item or pair doesn't have a value of $3 (to them) its rejected. I look at this site everyday. There are items just like ones I sent in listed for more than $3 and my same items were rejected. Before I received the rejection box, I had sent in 2 more FULL boxes. Today I got an email saying they had added something to my account and guess what, it was a rejection. I regret sending them in. When I sent my firsts box in the fees page said $1 plus 10% for each item is what they make. Now after I sent in more, they have changed it to $1.50 plus 25% per item. I'm being ripped off! I wish I could just have my stuff back!! I will continue to buy, but after this, will NEVER sell through them again!!!

Tip for consumers: Buy, but don't sell!!

deniseo3
5/14/15

Of course, they need to have items sent ---- so they can sell. However, I have purchased many items for my granddaughter - all are perfect and I would buy again. However, after reading all the MANY complaints of those sending items.......I would not consider doing that. We did get a yellow bag and time constraints have postponed getting that bag full to send. Now - I will not. We will only be buyers - don't need the grief of sending nice items that aren't accepted. Sorry SWAP. - it's the truth that's hard to hear.

robert-jessicaj
5/13/15

I sent several kids clothes and some women's clothes. They were all clean, in good condition and free of stains. It took 3 weeks from the day they received my box to post the pictures for me to price. They only accepted 10 things and took a picture of a pile of clothes and marked it as rejected. Two of my sisters are unpacking the boxes they were going to ship. It's not worth your time or energy to go through this website. I read their acceptance criteria prior to sending my clothes, but it made no difference.

pamelad21
5/12/15

Shopping with Swap Shop is so easy and fun. I have had wonderful service with them.
The products I have ordered have always been prompt and what I order has always been
exactly what I have expected if not better!
Thank you for having this business. My grandchildren love when they see the box coming in.
They know that it is for them! LOL

dees42
5/8/15

I've written two prior reviews on Swap.com and this is an update. I've now sent in three boxes and been using the site since the end of April (I just sent in a fourth box recently - this review does not include my experience on that box)

Overtime I have gotten better and selecting and grouping items for sale, so the rejections have gone down each box I've sent in. I do keep an inventory and take photos of what I send in. They have slowed down in the turn around for posting, but on my third box they refunded the shipping because they failed to post by the promised time.

Overall, I've sold 60% of the items that have been priced (so that does not include rejected items). I have made $200. The fees are high, but they do the bulk of the work so I generally think the fees are reasonable. I have done much better with selling maternity clothes than I have with selling baby items. I sent in some very high end maternity clothes and priced them high, over time I did reduce the prices and I think that what I sold them for was reasonable. However, I would say don't expect to sell anything for very high prices (this is clearly a bargain shopper site so if you have high end stuff you might want to sell elsewhere).

I've generally gotten a good response when there were errors on the postings, although one error has not been corrected despite two emails. But overall errors are corrected quickly. Money is quickly transferred to my paypal account.

I have now placed two orders from Swap (one received and one on the way). Of the three items I bought, one was mislabled on size. Labeled as a 9 Mos. item and it was a 9T (way large) but I kept it as I assume I'll be able to use it in the future. The other item was high quality brand and in good condition. The third item was a good brand and in decent condition. Since my baby is growing so quickly this seems like a good way to buy some high end brands at low prices. I've not received my most recent order, but hoping it goes better than the first.

Overall I would say that selling has inched up to 3.5 stars for selling.

lauras85
5/7/15

swap.Com is a reliable source for shopping for used children's clothing!! I always know that I can trust that what I receive will be in good condition and just what was described!!!

kellyc65
5/5/15

I have gone to the sight numerous times for something and always find other things that I like. My sister has now started browsing.

kimo18
5/5/15

I love this shop. It is a wonderful place to shop.everything you receive is in excellent condtion

islanden
5/4/15

I sent in a box full of clothes. They accepted half and rejected half. The ones that they did keep when it sells I end up with no money because their fees take up all the money. NEVER AGAIN WILL I SALE FROM THIS WEBSITE!!

jeanniee2
5/3/15

I love swap! I am a Grandma and find many wonderful new with tags clothes and toys. The prices are wonderfully reasonable. Shipping is very fast!

kathyb51
4/28/15

I love Swap.com. Every time I purchase an item, the package is professionally wrapped, received promptly and the item is in excellent condition. The prices and service is fantastic. I tell all my friends about Swap.com. Happy shopping!

deannah7
4/23/15

I Love the accessibility as well as selection and communication that Swap.com provides whether it Buying, Selling or Trading, It's Awesome.

krissal1
4/22/15

Don't sell your stuff with Swap.com its the biggest scam i have ever seen!! I sent in a huge box of clothes with sooo many things in it, all of which was name brand; childrens place, old navy, american eagle, jordan shoes. They only accepted about 4 things, which i think is about enough to make my money back on the shipping cost and to make them some money. I seen things on their site for sale that were in worse condition than mine! Also, I think they do this in hopes that you would just donate the stuff so they can sell your stuff any way with out letting you make money on them! bullllll crap!!! I sent in several pairs of american eagle jeans that were damn near brand new! i never even got the chance to wear any of them and they didnt accept them! they said my stuff had holes and stains and i know for fact that my stuff did NOT because I thoroughly went through it all and i even threw away the stuff that looked worn or had a hole or stain! I know for fact I can sell this stuff and get rid of it and now I am wishing I hadn't sent it to swap because it damn near took the full 15 business days for them and now I got to wait for them to ship it back. Also on top of that in the picture of my "Reject" pile it doesnt even look like all of my stuff!! I better get all of my stuff back or these people are in for it! I have it written down on paper exactly what i sent to them.

I told sooo many family and friends about Swap.com before I knew about this scam!! Now i will quickly run and tell them otherwise before they too get scammed. Also after selling my stuff I was going to turn around and buy from swap.com for my kids... well not now! i dont care what they got that I want I will not be contributing any more money to these people! Maybe if you treated your sellers good you would have more buyers in return! just saying!

DONT SELL AT SWAP . COM ---- DONT CONTRIBUTE TO THESE CON ARTISTS!

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Swap.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: would there be a way to go over prices to sell items sent to you to sell BEFORE sending them and finding out it is not an acceptable price? I have all new with tag, higher end girls clothes and shoes, slippers, etc. Seems like a waste of your time and my money and yours too, if I send a box only to find that they won't be sold at a decent price.
1/9/15
Answer
barbw7
A: There's no way for them to go over prices. They have to see the items and determine from going over it, if it's acceptable, once it's accepted, then you have to determine the price you want to sell it for. You could try searching on their site for similar items and see what they are priced at. I did notice when pricing my items that I'd get a little notice with recommended prices, which was very helpful. I didn't have a good experience selling but many others have. Make sure you take pictures of your items, that's very important. I appreciated that their site is set up to allow you to take back your items if you changed your mind about selling them. I'm in the process of getting back my items. Hopefully it works out well and I get all my items back.
1/15/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Hi,
From what I gather, I can return any items that do not fit and get a 100% refund and don't have to pay to ship the items back as long as I request the return in 30 days. Is this correct?
Thanks
4/18/15
Answer
michellet32
A: Hi Jo,

That is correct. You can return items that do not fit as long as you request the return within 30 days. We will send you a pre-paid UPS shipping label to send back your return free of charge. Once the return is received, we will refund your card within five (5) business days.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at assistance@swap.com. We are happy to help!

Best,

Matt
4/20/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Swap.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

17 Photos for Swap.com