US Government's NSF

SatelliteDirect reviews

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

Again, nuff said and PLEASE don't waste your time with this POS.

what a rip-off. didn't get 3500 stations got about 100. not worth buying. cant get a hold of support. sent them

after getting it down loaded with difficulty it barely worked now not at all and can't make any type of contact with them

It's nice when it works, which is spotty.
Be prepared to spend a few hours removing all the malware it installs on your PC.

I am shina I formet my pc and I lost satellite direct softwewe so kindly requiest please re load sortwere my ID

I really don't see how they are still around! i bought a lifetime membership 2 years ago, so that I could have the NFL and MLB games at work. It worked great the 1st year,, once I found the stations..
After that, it was never dependable! At this point it won't even load up anymore!
Somebody has to do something!!! You pay for a lifetime subscription... but a lifetime of what??

I want a refund. Your website stated I have " 60 day to return for a refund. No questions asked". I think this a scam. My registration number didn't work to activate the program and you shunt me off to never - never support. Then you offer to let me buy advanced software that probably works, somewhat. I don't appreciate snagware in a program I paid for. Your site is full of it. I'm sure you're aware of all this and I'm waisting my time giving you feedbck. I suppose this is amusing. Have at a good laugh on me, then. refund my money. My bank is already aware of this issue. They will get a copy of this as well.

Neal Jackson

Agree with all comments that this is a scam. I also paid a "one time" fee and now am told I need to pay again if I want to continue with their service which was really quite poor even when it was "working". Like others I would give no stars if that was possible. a class action against this company might be a good idea people.

I purchased this software paying a one time fee of $29 in 2010. About a year later I had to reinstall my hard drive and the company provided me with a code to do this. I used the software successfully a few times while travelling but overall it wasn't quite what I had expected. Anyway I needed to completely refresh my PC this year and was told that my fee was for a one time install and they will not help me now. I provided the company with a copy of my order clearly showing a one time unlimited use fee and they still would not help nor will they even respond to me now. I would need to buy a new license. Their terms do not mention anything about a one time install. No integrity here so I advise to stay away from this company. I asked the company to either provide me with an account reset or refund my money. No luck.

Total scam... They initially charged me a one time fee... Now they want to charge me more money... The channels selection suck as well...

Don't waste your money. Their 'one time fee' is for one computer period. If you upgrade computers, you have to buy again. Now how hard would it be for them to change your computers MAC address in their data base replacing the old so you couldn't install on more than one PC?

THIS IS A SCAM in my mind. Also, I will not be upgrading my saubscription to
Reggennie they are the ones who offered me this scam.

This is as good a scam as I have seen in a long time. This company should be reported to FCC and banned from doing business in the U.S. The subscriptions are canceled for no reason so you have to pay again...

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!! This is a terrible company, the channels do not work and those that work have a terrible signal quality. I switched internet service and they immediately deactivated my service. I was told to BUY another license, WHY ??? If I already paid for one !! NEVER again will deal with this company.
I gave them 1 star because there is no lower grade!!!!

How to Avoid Satellite Direct Scam.

I'm a product reviewer and I have seen over the past year some scam reports posted online where former users lost their lifetime access that involved a 'Device Change'. Some of these former users were either aware or not aware they initiated the 'Device Change', thus causing the SD TV player to automatically deactivate and lifetime access/usage terminated.

There is a problem which stems from the Satellite Direct service not explaining in full detail their policies in the Terms of Service. As a result, this issue has more to do with a lack of communication and not revealing everything to users in the TOS as well as making things clearer to understand how the lifetime membership/access/usage can be terminated after one year of support is over - due to a 'Device Change'.

If you read the following, you will understand clearly the root of the issue, what causes it, and how to avoid it for those who want to give this technology a try. Keep in mind that it's true... there are a lot more current happy users of this technology than those who have made complaints/scam reports online about losing their lifetime access including the minority of those who requested refunds (There is proof that supports this!)

As a user of this technology over the years and conversing with Satellite Direct support via email, here is how I understand their policies...

Detailed Explanation of SatelliteDirect’s Policy and How to Avoid Issues Involving…

* Lifetime membership access
* Device change w/ account reset (SD TV player reactivation)
* Losing lifetime access
* 1 year support w/ automatic channel updates
* What can occur after 1 year support

Lifetime Membership (Access/Usage)

When becoming a member of the service the user receives full access/usage and lifetime membership that also includes automatic software version upgrades and channel updates, with exception to the following should they occur…

Note: This is how the user can lose his/her lifetime membership after 1 year of support has terminated

Device Change & Account Reset

Deactivation of the SatelliteDirect TV player software is automatic when the user makes any 'Device Change' explained below:

* User installs same SD TV software on another computer (device)
* User changes ISP (Internet Service Provider)
* User refreshes or formats his/her computer
* User installs SD TV player software on different operating system
* User restores or re-installs Windows or Mac operating system
* User changes BIOS
* User removes, changes or replaces hard drive or other hardware such as RAM or motherboard

Note: Users must always keep the above device changes in mine when repairing his/her computer or when his/her computer is going to be repair by a computer tech service. Also important, installing the SatelliteDirect software (TV player) to an external hard drive won't work. The software must be installed on the computer’s internal hard drive.

A Word of Caution: Try to avoid using third party tools to refresh the hard drive or computer. This method may cause the SD TV player to automatically deactivate. Users can and should run periodic virus and malware security scans on the computer. But understand that running other 3rd party tools that refreshes the computer in some way may result in automatic deactivation of the SD TV player which results in a 'Device Change'. If anything, the user can experiment with 3rd party tools including computer scans and optimization during the one year support period, whereas they can request support to reactivate the TV player software should the software automatically deactivate.

If one year of support hasn't elapse and is still current, then the user is allowed multiple account resets (registration code reactivation of the TV player) should a 'Device Change' occurs. The user can contact support via email for account reset. But be sure to read below for more details...

One Year Support

During the first year of support when using the SD TV player which starts immediately on the date of purchase, the user is allowed multiple registration code reactivation or account reset requests — in the event his/her TV player completely stops working due to any 'Device Change' outlined above.

When purchasing the software only one license is provided that allows the user to install it on one computer (not 2 or more). To better understand, the user cannot install the software on one computer or operating system, and then try to install the same software with the same license/activation code on another computer or operating system.

After One Year Support (Very Important!)

When the one year of support elapses, any 'Device Change' (see above) that occurs will automatically deactivate the SD TV player, thus causing the lifetime access/usage to be voided. Understand, this only occurs when one year of support expires and 'Device Change' occurs. The service can no longer support any request for a code reactivation and as a result the user will lose his/her lifetime access/usage.

Also, no refund requests will be supported after 60 days of use. If a 'Device Change should occur after one year, then the user must purchase another license (purchase SatelliteDirect again) for another one year of support service with lifetime access/usage and channel updates.

So what is the problem and why the scam reports from some former members?
In my opinion, this has more to do with a lack of communication on Satellite Direct's part, whereas users are not understanding the 'One Year of Support, 'Device Change' and How they Can Lose the Lifetime Membership. Satellite Direct doesn't explain in full detail all their policies as I've clearly outlined and explained above.

Could this be a deliberate scam tactic to make sure users lose their lifetime membership and have to pay again? No! The reason is I know for a fact there are far more users including myself still using the SD software after one year of support elapsed, whereas no 'Device Change' occurred. Keep in mind, users cause a 'Device Change' not Satellite Direct. Something has to change on the user's computer for this issue to occur.

Some former users admitted to causing a 'Device Change' after one year of support elapsed and still posted scam reports and wanted their money back. Other former users denied causing a 'Device Change' and posted scam reports. Everyone else who never tried and tested the SD software and telling others it's a total scam have their own agenda.

I contacted Satellite Direct support with everything outlined above and explained they need to update their TOS (Terms of Service) that's lacking a clear understanding of their policies. They said they would look into it but nothing has been updated at the time of this post.

What I have outlined above and explained shows how to avoid permanent cancellation of the SD TV player software license (activation code) and lifetime membership. For those who still think this is a scam, it's understandable. But for those who would like to take the Satellite Direct Scam Challenge, I suggest taking advantage of the 5-day trial at $4.95 which automatically rebills to $14.95 per month.

It's easy to cancel the 5-day before the monthly subscription kicks in. What this does is it allows you to gain full access of the SD TV software and free content to test on your Windows or Mac OS X computer. You can play and watch free channels from over 120 countries, see how they are organized, check out the picture quality and feature enhancements as well as see other parts of the TV player itself.

If the 5-day trial passes the test, then either keep using the software and let the monthly subscription kick in or opt out and choose the small one-time fee with lifetime access/usage.

This way folks can actually see for themselves whether or not there truly is a Satellite Direct scam. Again, I just want to emphasize that if you can get by the fear of a scam which I already explain how to avoid the issue, then this technology and service can be a good solution. It's not perfect and like all products/services doesn't work for everyone. Nevertheless, it something you can try out rather than do nothing at all.

I've even have gone as far as connecting my laptop with Satellite Direct installed to my large screen TV. By the way, when using Satellite Direct the picture quality from my TV is slightly less than what plays on my computer.

For more information, simply Google "satellitedirecttvreviews" (quotes included) and look for the 'Satellite Direct Reviews' section in the top menu. Or contact me (see link at bottom of the site when you get there, if the chatbox is offline).

This is the crapiest service I ever got suckered into. Most of the channels don't work and even the "report this channel as broken" button evidently doesn't work either. When you send in a complaint, you get the same lame ass response about clearing the cache and getting the latest player. Even after having done all that, still nothing works. And now my internet protector keeps blocking malicious malware on about half the channels I check. Someone needs to take this website down.

A complete waste of money. I paid a "lifetime subscription", only to be told that I have to pay them a new subscription fee to get password etc to ge the program to start. I too have not changed computers, and refuse to pay for something I believe I have already paid for. If it was possible I would not even give them one star!!!!!!!!

A complete scam is the only way to describe this company

Add me to the list of people who bought a "lifetime" license two years ago only to find that a year later, they discontinued the service, offered no refund and suggested I buy their new product billed quarterly. After threatening to report them to IC3 for their fraud, they "graciously" gave me support for one more year. Now they've cancelled support again. A reputable company would've grandfathered in the people who bought the lifetime license or at least refunded some portion of their money. At $19.95 for three months, the picture quality and reception quality of their product isn't worth the money. THEY SUCK!!!

I have to agree with most of the posts on here. I too bought the lifetime subscription a couple of years ago. I have not changed my computer, or reinstalled the software, yet my authentication code cannot be recognised. To be fair to SD this has happened a few times before, and they simply sent me a reset code. This time however they chose not to, unless I pay again. Poor service, possibly a scam and no I would not recommend it to anyone.

This is a real site but is nothing like advertised. Don't waste your money. there is no lifetime. All you will get is about a year of problems dealing with them (BY EMAIL ONLY) which should say something about their customer support. Then they will continue from there to milk you for more money to solve any problems for you. This is my own first hand experience, sincerely

It's a bait and switch! Years ago I signed up for lifetime guaranteed price, but if your LAPTOP DIES they will not give you a new registration code, and they send this:

The support for this product was provided to you for 1 Year. For resetting of the account or new installation on any device would require you to purchase a support pack.

Please try our new Premium version which costs $19.95 Every 3 Months (90 Days). This is for limited period only

VERY dishonest company, they change the rules as they go along. Beware!

I subscribed to this site because I moved to Guatemala to retire and climb some volcanoes but I wanted to continue to get my sports channels. Satellite Direct has been a joke from the word go.

They claim to have 24/7 customer support but honestly there is no one working on the weekend. When I text to customer support "prompt response" means 2-3 days. I tried to get one game up until halftime then gave up. 3 days later they claimed they had the game started 10 minutes after kickoff. A bald faced lie.

Just now the signal on the ProBowl stopped and I reported it. I've tried resetting it, tried every NBC channel, reported it, I promise you it will be Wednesday before they respond with "what are you talking about, we fixed that right away".

Don't bother with Satellite Direct. It blows.

Guys, all those types of services NEVER work properly and the ones that did have been shut down by the US Government. The way around all this is to get a VPN so you can change your IP address to a different country. Here's why: the NFL Game Pass is FREE in the Netherlands, Argentina and New Zealand right now. Don't ask me why, but it is. Thus, change your IP address to any of the above countries (Argentina works great right now) and when you go to the NFL Game Pass site, you'll see a big green button that says "watch now". One click and you're IN! If you don't have a VPN, check out this article:

SCAM! We cancelled our cable to save money but wanted to be able to watch NFL & NHL games. We only watch part of 1 game using the service because it kept freezing up & was terrible quality. We haven't been able to log in since.
I've requested a refund - has anyone had luck getting one yet?

Total scam. I hate this site.

I bought a lifetime subscription to this product knowing that the image quality may be poor, un-reliable and possibly available for free somewhere else. Even at that, the subscription was fair, for a lifetime of access to obscure content. This week they cancelled all previously paid customers and declared that from now on they charge twice what netflix charges
Since they screwed me, assume that they will screw you too.

A pure scam. Low-res content that is freely available put together for a price.

5,107 helpful votes

Spamvertised, Scam Stooge Download Site:

- Has a Phishing, Scam reputation on WOT, McAfee and Norton.
- Too good to be true! Their service is "freely available".
- Requires you to download and install software which will track Everything you do on your computer and report it back to the "" website which is the true website.
- Unethical advertisement: deception. They say Free but its a paid program.
- Their site states: does not host any videos or TV streams on our website. We provide an easier access to these streams which are "otherwise freely available" on the net.
- Annoying and Suspicious!

Caution is advised, User beware...

This site is a SCAM!

if you are searching for satellite tv or free tv or wanting somehow to watch tv on your pc for free then you may have come across one of these many sites claiming to deliver all of these amazing channels for one single low price of 49 dollars or something like that. Becareful. Do some research. Sure if you are interested in some obscure channel watching indian soccer then maybe you will get some value out of it. if you are looking for mainstream US channels then you may want to stick with other options like hulu.

I was surfing the web trying to find a site that could tell me the best type of satellite TV to have installed, one that would give me the best choice of live Premiership and other European football. I came across one called which is quite good and told me all I needed to know. I was reading through the Satellite Television and Live Internet TV links page, where I read "Satellite Direct - Finally a quality live satellite TV for PC service.- Click Here". So I did. I imagined that there was bound to be plenty of quality football stations on a site like this so I decided to pay the "ONLY $49.95 ONE-TIME FEE". What I got for my money was the most abysmal collection of rubbish that ever travelled through the airwaves. It seems that they have scraped together all of the worst TV programmes in the world and squirted them through a tube into your computer. Then, to add insult to injury, they have blocked all the 'best' of the worst stations and invite you to cough up again! with their 'SatelliteDirect Advanced Service' for another $4 or so they let you have a 'trial' so you can see what life could really be like in television hell. I dread to think of how much the third, 'one-off payment' would be. It's probably a similar path to enlightenment that the Scientologists offer. Anyway, I feel ashamed that I could let myself be mugged so easily, and I would hate it to happen to anyone else so please don't give these people your hard earned money.

There! I feel better now.

terrible!!!! couldnt try it first, should have known right there, could only get 3 stations, of the over 150 I tried, to work. Those 3 were nothing I would watch, monterey aquarium???, live tiger cam???? COME ON!!! Asked for my money back. "How can we help you with your issues?" Give me my money back!!! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! Oh yeah. the site I found this crap on was a review site that rated this site #1. I tried to write a review on their site to save people some time and money. They won't post my review!!!! funny.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SatelliteDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
A: The app itself doesn't install malware BUT the sites it links you to are CRAMMED with pop up fake warnings, ads, and upgrade requests which WILL load malware onto your system. The popups even have decoy "Close" buttons which really redirect you to malware sites. If you see a BIG RED X...DON'T CLICK it!!! The actual close will be a tiny gray x hidden somewhere on the popup. Best idea. DON'T BUY this software! I wish there were a site where disgruntled former customers could band to file a class action suit!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the SatelliteDirect staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?