US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

jk61
10/10/14

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!! This is a terrible company, the channels do not work and those that work have a terrible signal quality. I switched internet service and they immediately deactivated my service. I was told to BUY another license, WHY ??? If I already paid for one !! NEVER again will deal with this company.
I gave them 1 star because there is no lower grade!!!!

phils2
9/20/14

UPDATE:

Anyone who's Satellite Direct TV Player Software was automatically deactivated and purchased the software through Clickbank can contact me for a huge DISCOUNT. I know some of you were upset with being told to purchase the software again but the service will not let me get around this to help any of you. The only thing I was able to get from the Satellite Direct service is a huge DISCOUNT. Instead of paying the full price of $49.95 USD, you can get the SD software for $19.95 USD through a special link. The 60 day money back guarantee still applies. This service made a great change over the past year regarding the Regular and Advanced SD software and support. I am a current user of this service and believe me when I say that I have never enjoyed watching TV online through the SD software as much as I am now.

All you need to do is contact me by visiting my site below. Send me a copy of your Clickbank order via email and I will give you that special DISCOUNT link.
-----------------------------

If new to Satellite Direct and want to find a real product review that's unbiased or want to compare SD to other top TV software out there, just Google... top 10 internet tv software packages... Also note, never think these products/services offer premium paid Satellite or Cable TV channels. Sure... some of the channels on these networks can be found over the web for free for viewers to watch but advertisements, reviews and products/services that use the term 'Satellite' in the brand name and/or content can be confusing. Not all Internet TV software or Satellite TV software are SCAMS. I use some of these products/services and believe me when I say that I found the ones that are good enough to keep.

If you need help, you can find me here... satellitedirecttvreviews.com or internettvdotcom.com

All new and former Satellite Direct TV Player users who experienced issues with the ETV Corp service, developers of SatelliteDirect, read their Terms of Services when visiting their website at satellitedirect.com . Some of you, like me, purchased this software through Clickbank more than a year ago and the software was automatically deactivated.

This service was forced out of the Clickbank marketplace due to many product reviewers not telling the truth about the product and service. That doesn't mean the software was no good or a scam to begin with. But the service now offers the software through other marketplaces where you can buy... Meanwhile, the service changed their Terms of Services going forward...

One Year Service Support...

All new users get one year of support that includes channel updates, software upgrades and reactivation code privileges if your computer, hardware or ISP changes. Simply contact the service via email within the first year of purchase to have your activation code reactivated. Also note, check your ISP provider to find out if there was some kind of change that took place; this could cause the SatelliteDirect TV player to automatically deactivate.

After One Year Service...

If a change occur such as computer, hardware or IPS change that automatically deactivates the Satellite Direct TV Player software, then you must purchase Satellite Direct again to obtain another license. If this is the case and you want to purchase again, take advantage of the $20 DISCOUNT and not the full price ($49.95) or 5-day trial at $4.95 that automatically rebills to $14.95 per month. The one-time fee offers more value in my opinion, yet the premium Advanced version (monthly fee) has everything in the Regular version including dedicated Live Sports section, offers more premium channels and feature enhancements and has loads of movie trailers.

Lifetime Service...

All new users will receive lifetime use/access to TV player and streaming content to watch Internet TV online and continual channel updates. But you only get one install on a computer per license purchased. Cannot install the same software on two or more computers or devices.

Note: You may have to contact your ISP to see whether or not they make automatic changes that could cause deactivation of Satellite Direct. I'm not sure this is the case but something to think about.

To anyone who claims all or most channels delivered through Satellite Direct don't work, check below:

1. The main reason that can cause channels not to work/play (including no video or no audio)... missing plugins or they are not not up-to-date.

Solution: Install or update latest Microsoft Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, Adobe Flash Player and Quicktime Player. Make sure to choose and download each player compatible to your computer's operating system.

2. Your computer is preventing the software from working because of your firewall or anti-virus software.

Solution: Tell you firewall or anti-virus software to accept the SD software if you are prompted to do so.

3. You have applications running in the background of your computer connecting to the Internet. This eats up bandwidth.

Solution: Close any and all running applications connecting to the Internet. You may need to close other running applications (if there are too many) not connected to the Internet. Do Not close down any of your security software.

4. You installed the SD software on an old computer... Windows XP or older or Mac 10.3 or older.

Solution. Make sure your computer is clean and fully optimized. Run malware and virus scans on your computer. Optimize your computer to improve speed. Free up hard drive space if needed (Minimum 13 MB of free hard disk space) and 8 MB of RAM or more (more the better). Make sure all Windows files are all up to date (If you no longer have automatic Windows update on your XP or older computer, then you are out of luck). I recommend using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or higher version and Mac OS X 10.4 or higher computers.

5. Preferred - Broadband connection... Faster the speed better the picture quality and overall performance. A wireless (wifi) connection can work but not for all channels or work well enough.

6. All or most channels don't play at all or well enough.

Solution: Clear your browser's cache. Windows users: Clear Internet Explorer browser cache. Mac users: Clear Safari browser cache.

6. Solution: Uncheck the box for Enable Hardware Accelerator inside the TV Player while channels is playing. If you don't know how to do this, go to YouTube and search for instructions or go to any search engine such as Google to find instructions.

You should perform all the above whether SatelliteDirect works or not. Newer computers shouldn't have any issues but there's no guaranteed. Keep this in mind... There are a lot more users of this technology watching their favorite channels and TV programs through this technology. They are not experiencing any issues or have resolved the issue if any. These users don't go online to tell everyone how well the software is working for them. Only ones who post scams and complaints online are individuals (whether former customers or not) who didn't find a resolution or exaggerating.

Nevertheless, there's a 60 day money back guarantee that can be exercised which is no excuse for a new user of the software not to get a full (no-questions-asked) refund. Those who posted complaints some years ago, don't apply today because the Satellite Direct service have undergone software upgrades and channel updates and tech support upgrades in the past year. There should not be a reason why any user cannot get support from this service via email. I believe some individuals are not checking their Spam/Junk mail to see if any emails sent by the service is stuck there. But whatever the reason, usually it can be resolve when all the steps above are completed correctly.

By no means is this service/product perfect. Some countries have better quality channels/picture and more of them than some of the other countries. This is why I suggest to people to first try the $4.95 5-day trial (Satellite Direct Advanced) to test the software on their computer first, before paying the full price. You can opt out before the 5 days are up and not pay the small monthly subscription. It's rare the software doesn't work on someone's computer but it does happen. If you try the 5-day trial and it works, then either keep using it and enjoy (pay the $14.95 monthly subscription) or go for the Regular version and pay the small one-time fee.

To ask me question or find out more or need help, just visit my site (see urls above). I will also show you living proof this software is not a scam with actual customer sales/refunds transactions (many of them) during year 2014.

chuckw8
9/19/14

This is the crapiest service I ever got suckered into. Most of the channels don't work and even the "report this channel as broken" button evidently doesn't work either. When you send in a complaint, you get the same lame ass response about clearing the cache and getting the latest player. Even after having done all that, still nothing works. And now my internet protector keeps blocking malicious malware on about half the channels I check. Someone needs to take this website down.

trevorb13
8/14/14

A complete waste of money. I paid a "lifetime subscription", only to be told that I have to pay them a new subscription fee to get password etc to ge the program to start. I too have not changed computers, and refuse to pay for something I believe I have already paid for. If it was possible I would not even give them one star!!!!!!!!

A complete scam is the only way to describe this company

charlesh59
8/10/14

Add me to the list of people who bought a "lifetime" license two years ago only to find that a year later, they discontinued the service, offered no refund and suggested I buy their new product billed quarterly. After threatening to report them to IC3 for their fraud, they "graciously" gave me support for one more year. Now they've cancelled support again. A reputable company would've grandfathered in the people who bought the lifetime license or at least refunded some portion of their money. At $19.95 for three months, the picture quality and reception quality of their product isn't worth the money. THEY SUCK!!!

marke58
8/8/14

I have to agree with most of the posts on here. I too bought the lifetime subscription a couple of years ago. I have not changed my computer, or reinstalled the software, yet my authentication code cannot be recognised. To be fair to SD this has happened a few times before, and they simply sent me a reset code. This time however they chose not to, unless I pay again. Poor service, possibly a scam and no I would not recommend it to anyone.

rickp23
7/28/14

This is a real site but is nothing like advertised. Don't waste your money. there is no lifetime. All you will get is about a year of problems dealing with them (BY EMAIL ONLY) which should say something about their customer support. Then they will continue from there to milk you for more money to solve any problems for you. This is my own first hand experience, sincerely repavan78@yahoo.com

roxxs
4/22/14

It's a bait and switch! Years ago I signed up for lifetime guaranteed price, but if your LAPTOP DIES they will not give you a new registration code, and they send this:

The support for this product was provided to you for 1 Year. For resetting of the account or new installation on any device would require you to purchase a support pack.

Please try our new Premium version which costs $19.95 Every 3 Months (90 Days). This is for limited period only

VERY dishonest company, they change the rules as they go along. Beware!

ronw28
1/26/14

I subscribed to this site because I moved to Guatemala to retire and climb some volcanoes but I wanted to continue to get my sports channels. Satellite Direct has been a joke from the word go.

They claim to have 24/7 customer support but honestly there is no one working on the weekend. When I text to customer support "prompt response" means 2-3 days. I tried to get one game up until halftime then gave up. 3 days later they claimed they had the game started 10 minutes after kickoff. A bald faced lie.

Just now the signal on the ProBowl stopped and I reported it. I've tried resetting it, tried every NBC channel, reported it, I promise you it will be Wednesday before they respond with "what are you talking about, we fixed that right away".

Don't bother with Satellite Direct. It blows.

mikel154
12/21/13

Guys, all those types of services NEVER work properly and the ones that did have been shut down by the US Government. The way around all this is to get a VPN so you can change your IP address to a different country. Here's why: the NFL Game Pass is FREE in the Netherlands, Argentina and New Zealand right now. Don't ask me why, but it is. Thus, change your IP address to any of the above countries (Argentina works great right now) and when you go to the NFL Game Pass site, you'll see a big green button that says "watch now". One click and you're IN! If you don't have a VPN, check out this article: http://howtowatchnflgamesonlineforfree.com

michelew9
10/20/13

SCAM! We cancelled our cable to save money but wanted to be able to watch NFL & NHL games. We only watch part of 1 game using the service because it kept freezing up & was terrible quality. We haven't been able to log in since.
I've requested a refund - has anyone had luck getting one yet?

richd6
9/1/13

Total scam. I hate this site.

brianh60
7/13/13

I bought a lifetime subscription to this product knowing that the image quality may be poor, un-reliable and possibly available for free somewhere else. Even at that, the subscription was fair, for a lifetime of access to obscure content. This week they cancelled all previously paid customers and declared that from now on they charge twice what netflix charges
Since they screwed me, assume that they will screw you too.

austerusl
9/19/12

A pure scam. Low-res content that is freely available put together for a price.

sherriew1
8/5/12

SCAM AND MEST CONP UP!!!!! STOLE MY MONEY

main2
Expert Reviewer
1/7/12

Spamvertised, Scam Stooge Download Site:

- Has a Phishing, Scam reputation on WOT, McAfee and Norton.
- Too good to be true! Their service is "freely available".
- Requires you to download and install software which will track Everything you do on your computer and report it back to the "satellitedirect.com" website which is the true website.
- Unethical advertisement: deception. They say Free but its a paid program.
- Their site states: Satellitedirect.com does not host any videos or TV streams on our website. We provide an easier access to these streams which are "otherwise freely available" on the net.
- Annoying and Suspicious!

Caution is advised, User beware...

sorinab
EXPERT
3/1/11

This site is a SCAM!

bobbyk
EXPERT
2/11/11

if you are searching for satellite tv or free tv or wanting somehow to watch tv on your pc for free then you may have come across one of these many sites claiming to deliver all of these amazing channels for one single low price of 49 dollars or something like that. Becareful. Do some research. Sure if you are interested in some obscure channel watching indian soccer then maybe you will get some value out of it. if you are looking for mainstream US channels then you may want to stick with other options like hulu.

shanes2
9/15/10

I was surfing the web trying to find a site that could tell me the best type of satellite TV to have installed, one that would give me the best choice of live Premiership and other European football. I came across one called www.satellitetvlinks.net which is quite good and told me all I needed to know. I was reading through the Satellite Television and Live Internet TV links page, where I read "Satellite Direct - Finally a quality live satellite TV for PC service.- Click Here". So I did. I imagined that there was bound to be plenty of quality football stations on a site like this so I decided to pay the "ONLY $49.95 ONE-TIME FEE". What I got for my money was the most abysmal collection of rubbish that ever travelled through the airwaves. It seems that they have scraped together all of the worst TV programmes in the world and squirted them through a tube into your computer. Then, to add insult to injury, they have blocked all the 'best' of the worst stations and invite you to cough up again! with their 'SatelliteDirect Advanced Service' for another $4 or so they let you have a 'trial' so you can see what life could really be like in television hell. I dread to think of how much the third, 'one-off payment' would be. It's probably a similar path to enlightenment that the Scientologists offer. Anyway, I feel ashamed that I could let myself be mugged so easily, and I would hate it to happen to anyone else so please don't give these people your hard earned money.

There! I feel better now.

stephaniec2
8/9/10

WORST!

charlesd5
8/9/10

terrible!!!! couldnt try it first, should have known right there, could only get 3 stations, of the over 150 I tried, to work. Those 3 were nothing I would watch, monterey aquarium???, live tiger cam???? COME ON!!! Asked for my money back. "How can we help you with your issues?" Give me my money back!!! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! Oh yeah. the site I found this crap on was a review site that rated this site #1. I tried to write a review on their site to save people some time and money. They won't post my review!!!! funny.