US Government’s NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

pamelap34
3/14/16

I purchased Satellite Direct Services a few years back and paid a one-time lifetime fee for it at that point. It did not work. Customer service and assistance for any type of technical difficulties were literally nonexistent, so I never used it. I received a recent junk mail offer for one month free. I pulled up my info from my original order, which included a receipt for my original payment, tried to log on.and was informed I am now a former member (of a lifetime contract, of which I also have a copy of). I believe that is fraud at its finest and would strongly advise against getting involved with this scam. Run away from their offers as fast as you can!

jimt59
1/20/16

So I paid a one time fee about 2 years ago and got this software. The ads were "one time fee, no monthly or yearly fees ever", 3500 channels, etc. At the time, my TV service was out and waiting for Time Warner to show up in 3 days. It was 5 minutes before the first game of the World Series. So I paid for SatDirect, and it worked. I was able to get the game. So, I tried a few more times to watch things. probably less than 1 in 10 of the channels actually worked, and I tried it a few times and found it to be mostly a waste of time. But could come in handy if the situation came about as it did before. So a few days ago I tried it just to see if things were better, and although my number was in the system, I was no longer a member, could not sign in, did not have an account. Now I get no response from them. I found several online ads, which all seem to have different prices now.
Does anyone know if there is any government agency that can put these crooks out of business?
I advise you not to sign up for this service. It's a rip off, and needs to be shut down.

Tip for consumers: So to update this, after never getting a response from SatDirect I started sending an email every 5 minutes. After sending about 50, they finally got tired of that and responded. Of course, they said they were not the "former" company but a "new" company. So I told them to KMA and go FO. I advise to not buy this BS service as it never worked like they claimed and I doubt it ever will.

shannonf14
1/12/16

I had bought their product a few years ago, and it worked SWIMMINGLY for a VERY long time. I then I had a computer problem and I had to bring it down to get it fixed, fixed to the point that they had to do a factory reset and I lost everything.

So once I got my computer back, I sent them an e-mail explaining my situation and they rectified it rather quickly.

The first time.

Now? Impossible to even get an answer. I know typing in caps won't solve anything, but I did with my latest e-mail to them (which I probably shouldn't have). I have been asking for help to reinstall it (due to ANOTHER computer problem; that's fixed) since July 2015, and we're now January 2016. Does that sound like 12 hours to you or anyone else? Exactly.

Update (February 9th, 2016): they finally replied to me (part of their e-mail)

"We understand your frustration and mistrust with the previous ownership of SatelliteDirect.com however, this is a new product under a new management. Our new platform is accessible through our online website and offers you 10x more content than the previous software version. And plus you can now watch TV on any device."

Sadly now, it's a monthly subscription.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother.

geog12
11/30/15

This is a scam site.

bobs195
11/11/15

Loved it when I first got it. All Live Sports alone was worth the price of admission. However, the last few months 90% of their channels wouldn't load ("a server problem" and they pleaded for patience) and now the entire website doesn't load. Supposedly there's a legal issue about their access to TV channels that forced them to shut down. However I see that their website merrily advertises their service and their 3500 channels. So I am thoroughly confused. Is it all a nefarious plot to get rid of all the lifetime members so they can charge a monthly rate? Is it really true they were shut down and everyone connected has headed for the hills? Can a scam be this overt? Will we ever solve the mystery?
PS: I posted this before I read Phil's comments down the page who provides some of the answers. It seems, if I understood it correctly — if you have a "device change", (buy a new computer) you get a new download of SD, which is only good for a year. Then it'll be voided. In my case, I had to get a new hard drive for my existing Mac, and was provided a new download. Then, kaput. Terminated. Without an explanation, which would have been nice. Like Phil, I don't think it's a scam, but a major communication problem.

kumarm
10/12/15

Offers online world TV software for viewing international channels. Is a complete scam cuz you pay for the software but when you put in the product key it wont work and sending emails to the customer service wont be answered ever nor would the money be ever refunded. So use different more reliable ways to watch PC TV software. Stay away.

richardj57
9/3/15

Again, nuff said and PLEASE don't waste your time with this POS.

pauls204
8/4/15

what a rip-off. didn't get 3500 stations got about 100. not worth buying. cant get a hold of support. sent them

phillipb30
7/3/15

after getting it down loaded with difficulty it barely worked now not at all and can't make any type of contact with them

marks239
5/23/15

It's nice when it works, which is spotty.
Be prepared to spend a few hours removing all the malware it installs on your PC.

shinaa
5/12/15

I am shina I formet my pc and I lost satellite direct softwewe so kindly requiest please re load sortwere my ID shinafatgershah777@yahoo.com

mariap61
5/8/15

I really don't see how they are still around! i bought a lifetime membership 2 years ago, so that I could have the NFL and MLB games at work. It worked great the 1st year,, once I found the stations..
After that, it was never dependable! At this point it won't even load up anymore!
Somebody has to do something!!! You pay for a lifetime subscription... but a lifetime of what??

nealj6
4/23/15

Gentlemen,

I want a refund. Your website stated I have " 60 day to return for a refund. No questions asked". I think this a scam. My registration number didn't work to activate the program and you shunt me off to never - never support. Then you offer to let me buy advanced software that probably works, somewhat. I don't appreciate snagware in a program I paid for. Your site is full of it. I'm sure you're aware of all this and I'm waisting my time giving you feedbck. I suppose this is amusing. Have at a good laugh on me, then. refund my money. My bank is already aware of this issue. They will get a copy of this as well.

Neal Jackson

steveh97
1/5/15

WHY SCAM EVERYONE - I SENT NUMEROUS EMAILS ONLY TO FIND OUT MY LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION WAS NO MORE -$#*!S!

montef7
12/22/14

Agree with all comments that this is a scam. I also paid a "one time" fee and now am told I need to pay again if I want to continue with their service which was really quite poor even when it was "working". Like others I would give no stars if that was possible. a class action against this company might be a good idea people.

michaelm228
12/8/14

I purchased this software paying a one time fee of $29 in 2010. About a year later I had to reinstall my hard drive and the company provided me with a code to do this. I used the software successfully a few times while travelling but overall it wasn't quite what I had expected. Anyway I needed to completely refresh my PC this year and was told that my fee was for a one time install and they will not help me now. I provided the company with a copy of my order clearly showing a one time unlimited use fee and they still would not help nor will they even respond to me now. I would need to buy a new license. Their terms do not mention anything about a one time install. No integrity here so I advise to stay away from this company. I asked the company to either provide me with an account reset or refund my money. No luck.

vic1318
11/26/14

Total scam... They initially charged me a one time fee... Now they want to charge me more money... The channels selection suck as well...

warrens20
11/18/14

Don't waste your money. Their 'one time fee' is for one computer period. If you upgrade computers, you have to buy again. Now how hard would it be for them to change your computers MAC address in their data base replacing the old so you couldn't install on more than one PC?

THIS IS A SCAM in my mind. Also, I will not be upgrading my saubscription to
Reggennie they are the ones who offered me this scam.

Tip for consumers: DON'T BE FOOLED BY THIS COMPANIES SCAM.

jamesb180
11/10/14

This is as good a scam as I have seen in a long time. This company should be reported to FCC and banned from doing business in the U.S. The subscriptions are canceled for no reason so you have to pay again...

jk61
10/10/14

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!! This is a terrible company, the channels do not work and those that work have a terrible signal quality. I switched internet service and they immediately deactivated my service. I was told to BUY another license, WHY ??? If I already paid for one !! NEVER again will deal with this company.
I gave them 1 star because there is no lower grade!!!!

phils2
9/20/14

As of 1/1/2016... I just want to alert everyone here that Satellite Direct is now under a new ownership/management. This means past complaints and scam reports concerning the old regime (product and service) are no longer valid. For an updated review of the new Satellite Direct Web-Based TV/VOD product/service, there is a full written review on the new version.

To find the review, just Google... satellite direct pros and cons

Note: Satellite Direct have sent emails for free use of their new web-based TV/VOD product to all former members. If you are a former member of Satellite Direct, then you should have received an email from the new ownership/management. I suggest you give it another try. Here's the email I received recently...

"Dear Philip Sumpter, As a one-time valued customer of Satellitedirect.com we would like to offer you complimentary 1 month unlimited access to over 3,500 channels worldwide. Watch Live TV, Movies & TV Shows from anywhere and from any device - computer, smartphone & tablet. To claim your Free 1 Month Unlimited Access pass please CLICK HERE. Hope we see you back!"

For individuals the free trial doesn't apply...

There is a 7-day trial for a few dollars automatically rebills you every 3 months for several dollars. (You can cancel at anytime)

There's also a one-time payment with one year support. (60-day money back guarantee)

chuckw8
9/19/14

I have already given Satelllitedirect.com one review and then, today I get an email saying they have new management and want to give me a FREE 30 day subscription. Well, in the first place, when I signed up the first time, I paid $39.95 for "a lifetime of free on-line TV". And now, they want to give me a free 30 days but, I have to give them my credit card information. How stupid do they believe I am. I didn't get what I paid for the first time and they want to do it all over again.
So, beware. This site is a rip-off and has been reported to the ICC. Hopefully, they receive enough complaints to take down the site.

trevorb13
8/14/14

A complete waste of money. I paid a "lifetime subscription", only to be told that I have to pay them a new subscription fee to get password etc to ge the program to start. I too have not changed computers, and refuse to pay for something I believe I have already paid for. If it was possible I would not even give them one star!!!!!!!!

A complete scam is the only way to describe this company

charlesh59
8/10/14

Add me to the list of people who bought a "lifetime" license two years ago only to find that a year later, they discontinued the service, offered no refund and suggested I buy their new product billed quarterly. After threatening to report them to IC3 for their fraud, they "graciously" gave me support for one more year. Now they've cancelled support again. A reputable company would've grandfathered in the people who bought the lifetime license or at least refunded some portion of their money. At $19.95 for three months, the picture quality and reception quality of their product isn't worth the money. THEY SUCK!!!

marke58
8/8/14

I have to agree with most of the posts on here. I too bought the lifetime subscription a couple of years ago. I have not changed my computer, or reinstalled the software, yet my authentication code cannot be recognised. To be fair to SD this has happened a few times before, and they simply sent me a reset code. This time however they chose not to, unless I pay again. Poor service, possibly a scam and no I would not recommend it to anyone.

rickp23
7/28/14

This is a real site but is nothing like advertised. Don't waste your money. there is no lifetime. All you will get is about a year of problems dealing with them (BY EMAIL ONLY) which should say something about their customer support. Then they will continue from there to milk you for more money to solve any problems for you. This is my own first hand experience, sincerely repavan78@yahoo.com

roxxs
4/22/14

It's a bait and switch! Years ago I signed up for lifetime guaranteed price, but if your LAPTOP DIES they will not give you a new registration code, and they send this:

The support for this product was provided to you for 1 Year. For resetting of the account or new installation on any device would require you to purchase a support pack.

Please try our new Premium version which costs $19.95 Every 3 Months (90 Days). This is for limited period only

VERY dishonest company, they change the rules as they go along. Beware!

ronw28
1/26/14

I subscribed to this site because I moved to Guatemala to retire and climb some volcanoes but I wanted to continue to get my sports channels. Satellite Direct has been a joke from the word go.

They claim to have 24/7 customer support but honestly there is no one working on the weekend. When I text to customer support "prompt response" means 2-3 days. I tried to get one game up until halftime then gave up. 3 days later they claimed they had the game started 10 minutes after kickoff. A bald faced lie.

Just now the signal on the ProBowl stopped and I reported it. I've tried resetting it, tried every NBC channel, reported it, I promise you it will be Wednesday before they respond with "what are you talking about, we fixed that right away".

Don't bother with Satellite Direct. It blows.

mikel154
12/21/13

Guys, all those types of services NEVER work properly and the ones that did have been shut down by the US Government. The way around all this is to get a VPN so you can change your IP address to a different country. Here's why: the NFL Game Pass is FREE in the Netherlands, Argentina and New Zealand right now. Don't ask me why, but it is. Thus, change your IP address to any of the above countries (Argentina works great right now) and when you go to the NFL Game Pass site, you'll see a big green button that says "watch now". One click and you're IN! If you don't have a VPN, check out this article: http://howtowatchnflgamesonlineforfree.com

michelew9
10/20/13

SCAM! We cancelled our cable to save money but wanted to be able to watch NFL & NHL games. We only watch part of 1 game using the service because it kept freezing up & was terrible quality. We haven't been able to log in since.
I've requested a refund - has anyone had luck getting one yet?

richd6
9/1/13

Total scam. I hate this site.

brianh60
7/13/13

I bought a lifetime subscription to this product knowing that the image quality may be poor, un-reliable and possibly available for free somewhere else. Even at that, the subscription was fair, for a lifetime of access to obscure content. This week they cancelled all previously paid customers and declared that from now on they charge twice what netflix charges
Since they screwed me, assume that they will screw you too.

austerusl
9/19/12

A pure scam. Low-res content that is freely available put together for a price.

sherriew1
8/5/12

SCAM AND MEST CONP UP!!!!! STOLE MY MONEY

main2
5,411 helpful votes
1/7/12

Spamvertised, Scam Stooge Download Site:

- Has a Phishing, Scam reputation on WOT, McAfee and Norton.
- Too good to be true! Their service is "freely available".
- Requires you to download and install software which will track Everything you do on your computer and report it back to the "satellitedirect.com" website which is the true website.
- Unethical advertisement: deception. They say Free but its a paid program.
- Their site states: Satellitedirect.com does not host any videos or TV streams on our website. We provide an easier access to these streams which are "otherwise freely available" on the net.
- Annoying and Suspicious!

Caution is advised, User beware...

sorinab
3/1/11

This site is a SCAM!

bobbyk
2/11/11

if you are searching for satellite tv or free tv or wanting somehow to watch tv on your pc for free then you may have come across one of these many sites claiming to deliver all of these amazing channels for one single low price of 49 dollars or something like that. Becareful. Do some research. Sure if you are interested in some obscure channel watching indian soccer then maybe you will get some value out of it. if you are looking for mainstream US channels then you may want to stick with other options like hulu.

shanes2
9/15/10

I was surfing the web trying to find a site that could tell me the best type of satellite TV to have installed, one that would give me the best choice of live Premiership and other European football. I came across one called www.satellitetvlinks.net which is quite good and told me all I needed to know. I was reading through the Satellite Television and Live Internet TV links page, where I read "Satellite Direct - Finally a quality live satellite TV for PC service.- Click Here". So I did. I imagined that there was bound to be plenty of quality football stations on a site like this so I decided to pay the "ONLY $49.95 ONE-TIME FEE". What I got for my money was the most abysmal collection of rubbish that ever travelled through the airwaves. It seems that they have scraped together all of the worst TV programmes in the world and squirted them through a tube into your computer. Then, to add insult to injury, they have blocked all the 'best' of the worst stations and invite you to cough up again! with their 'SatelliteDirect Advanced Service' for another $4 or so they let you have a 'trial' so you can see what life could really be like in television hell. I dread to think of how much the third, 'one-off payment' would be. It's probably a similar path to enlightenment that the Scientologists offer. Anyway, I feel ashamed that I could let myself be mugged so easily, and I would hate it to happen to anyone else so please don't give these people your hard earned money.

There! I feel better now.

stephaniec2
8/9/10

WORST!

charlesd5
8/9/10

terrible!!!! couldnt try it first, should have known right there, could only get 3 stations, of the over 150 I tried, to work. Those 3 were nothing I would watch, monterey aquarium???, live tiger cam???? COME ON!!! Asked for my money back. "How can we help you with your issues?" Give me my money back!!! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! Oh yeah. the site I found this crap on was a review site that rated this site #1. I tried to write a review on their site to save people some time and money. They won't post my review!!!! funny.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SatelliteDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3/19/16
Answer
henryb72
A: All they do is steal your money and no way to stop it.
3/26/16