US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

myn30

Why on earth would you give a credit card number and not expect to be charged? (in 6 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

dss3
3/31/15

you open up an email and get something else you are required to sign up for. Never even knew what this was until i got billed for it....
scammers!!!!

melaniew3
3/30/15

I have never signed up with this company at all, yet going through my bank statements I have found 3 charges from them. Two of the charges have occured in the last week & a half for $66.45.
I will be going through the rest of my statements more thorough to see if there has been any other withdrawals from my account & I will be wanting every penny repaid. I am on an Invalid Pension & cannot afford to support myself let alone criminals.
How they got my card details is beyond me. Rest assured I will be taking this matter further so that no other person has to suffer at the hands of these scumbags. It will become a police matter now.

Tip for consumers: Ratings is minus/minus an all.

docd6
3/23/15

i have no idea how they got on my computer, all I did was click on a news reel on ninemsn and it popped up,i closed it straight away , but it now pops up every three minuets with out fail and slows down my computer insisting I sign up... I rang the number no answer, I am about to email them and just ask politely how to get their $#*!ing annoying bombardment stuipid thing off my freaking computer
like I said I was on a ninemsn site

philipc37
2/12/15

Tried to take money from my credit card but it never got it !! Keep clear of this lot.
I emailed them to ask why it tried for money when it says its only for id to have the 5 day trial.I sent the email on 6th feb but no reply but today i said i would tell trading standards if they didn't get in touch by tommorow,well hey presto i got an email back within hours !!
The address is, info@reelzhot.com

alia80
1/30/15

Thanks Guys, your reviews saved me

jamies57
1/20/15

fukin scams .....seen that i didnt have enough money in the bank so came up sayin an error has accured
muthafukas!...gottcha

gerriev
12/31/14

I am happy that I checked these reviews before seriously considering an offer that seemed too good to be true (this should always set alarm bells ringing).
This is a case of misleading advertising. Refer it to your local ombudsman or other government authority that is supposed to protect its constituents.
While the scammer can argue that everything is revealed up front in the terms and conditions we have long been desensitised to T&C by internet providers (Microsoft, financial institutions, etc) forcing us to tick a box that we have read and understood the (sometimes thousands of words) T&C before we can proceed. I believe that virtually 0% of subscribers read before checking the box.

myn30
8/21/14

Sorry but if you felt you were ripped off it's because you simply refuse to read the Terms and Conditions. Why on earth would you give a credit card number and not expect to be charged? If you would have read the fine print which is actually in capitalized bold letters it clearly states:
If YOU CANCEL PRIOR TO THE END OF YOUR TRIAL, THERE WILL BE NO CHARGES TO YOUR PAYMENT METHOD so stop whining and pay your dues. handing over your credit card on the internet and then crying you got charged is like yelling at a hooker for having sex with you after you have paid her/him!

as taken from the Terms and Conditions below:

Your Media Reel ltd membership may start with a trial(Regular 5 day trial or a 5 day premium download trial). The trial period of your membership lasts for 5 days, or as otherwise specified during sign-up. Your reelzhot.com 5 day trial offer, will begin when you click on "Start Membership" during the registration process. Simply cancel anytime during your 5 day membership, and you will not be charged. To cancel, click on "Your Account" and follow the simple cancellation instructions. If you are enjoying reelzhot.com, do nothing and your membership will automatically continue at the monthly subscription rate. If YOU CANCEL PRIOR TO THE END OF YOUR TRIAL, THERE WILL BE NO CHARGES TO YOUR PAYMENT METHOD

We will begin billing your Payment Method for monthly membership fees at the end of the trial period of your membership unless you cancel prior to the end of the trial period. To view the specific details of your membership, including price and end date of your trial period, visit www.reelzhot.com and click the on the "Your Account" page. Your Payment Method will be authorized for up to approximately one month of service as soon as you register. In some instances, your available balance or credit limit may be reduced to reflect the authorization; however, no charges will be made against the Payment Method unless you do not cancel prior to the end of your trial period. Pending charges, while pending, will, however, reduce the available amount of credit or debit capacity on your Payment Card in the amount of ONE DOLLAR ($1.00) per pending charge. You will not receive a notice from us that your trial period has ended or that the paying portion of your membership has begun. If YOU CANCEL PRIOR TO THE END OF YOUR TRIAL, THERE WILL BE NO CHARGES TO YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. CLICK THE "CANCEL MEMBERSHIP" LINK AT THE TOP OF THE SUPPORT PAGE FOR CANCELLATION INSTRUCTIONS. We will continue to bill your Payment Method on a monthly basis at the one (1) month membership rate for your membership plan until you cancel. You may cancel your membership at anytime.

We may offer a number of membership plans, including special promotional plans or memberships with different limitations. We are not responsible for the products and services provided by third parties. We reserve the right to modify, terminate or otherwise amend our offered membership plans. Unless otherwise stated differently, month or monthly refers to your billing cycle (See "Billing" below). Membership may be cancelled or modified at any time prior to the end of your trial period by calling toll-free at 1-800-851-2403 for the U.S.A. and Canada or +00 1-925-854-6843 for international members, 24 hrs, 7 days a week , Eastern Standard Time.

Preauthorization

reelzhot may Preauthorize your credit card $1.03 to validate your card upon completion of a 5 Day Trial registration, which will than be released within 72 hrs.

Unlimited Download Option

reelzhot.com may offer you the opportunity to have unlimited downloads for $1.03 during the 5 day trial period. If you choose this option, reelzhot.com will capture a $1.03 from the $1.03 pre-authorization as a fee for this option. If you decide to cancel your membership within the 5 day trial period, you will not be charged for the membership.

Tip for consumers: read the terms

ehsnd
7/22/14

These people are rip offs. Took time to download show, then it asked me to set up an account, then it asked for my credit card information, promising over and over again it wouldn't charge it. Then it declines me, because guess what, they sent a charge through. And then when I call I'm told it is only a five day free trial, which it never states anywhere on the screen, only endless promises of not charging! These guys should be shut down.

louisem27
7/12/14

This is a disgusting act of cruelty to people . Biggest scam stay away. I didn't even go through with it and cancelled the page but they still got my card number and have been charging me.

js117
7/1/14

Wow . I'm glad i checked on this site before giving them my info . Sorry for the losses to others .

kima33
6/13/14

Great scam! Don't know how gullible I could be; must have been drunk to give them my details. $700 lost and no movies. The reviews below are spot on.

mikek66
4/9/14

Stay away from this site at all costs!!! They're sleazy, unscrupulous liars. It's all BS that your credit card won't be charged. That's a total lie. They even charge you to cancel the "free" membership. These scumbags should be shut down and put out of business. I hope everyone involved in this scam gets ripped off in the same way they rip others off.

timf11
12/24/13

Absolute ripoff site stay away. Google should remove from it's search database

malloryk
3/31/13

I went to the site to watch what was offered as a free movie and fell for the ploy htat they needed my card info to verify age...I know, dumb. I don't even think I watched the movie because the site was so user unfriendly. I didn't notice the charge of 50.45 until the second month so I got scammed for $101 and zero movies.

ronp11
10/12/12

They promise a free membership and then hit you for $50 a month. Stay away!!!

barc
6/30/12

there was no warning of membership fee until you see it on your credit card bill. (may be somewhere in the middle of small print).

When you visit the site: guess what! the first FAQ and its answer is as pasted below:

We don't have long-term contracts or signup fees, however, all charges are non-refundable. Simply cancel your membership and you will not be charged in the future.

roi-lynnm
6/18/12

They offer a free 5 day membership to watch movies immediately. First they do not have every movie that comes up on their search. Secondly, they automatically set you up for a $50 a month renewal after the 5 days and if you want to cancel before that $50 charge kicks in they charge $.95. They say they need the credit card number to set up the free account in case you rent a movie beyond the free time. What a crock.