US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ronalds2

They deliver on time and sends out E-mail notifications informing me that my order was already sent out. (in 24 reviews)

lucyw1

It took about 2 weeks to arrive but we were extremely happy with the results and their customer service reps. (in 12 reviews)

jadar

Absolutely the most wonderful service, friendly and efficient crew, and the lowest price around for pet medication. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

courtneyamandas
11/14/14

I had a very good experience with this merchant. I was not ordering Rx meds like many of the bad reviewers were. I ordered a 6-pack of large bags of Greenies Pill Pockets. PetCareChoice had THE best price I could find, the shipment came in a timely fashion with no problems. And as a bonus, they gave me a $10 credit to my account for referring them to a friend who needed Pill Pockets as well.

roberta25
11/13/14

Screw this company, they are a rip-off...ordered May 11th 2011 as of July 15th 2011 still have not received any orders. The customer service reps sound like they are on drugs themselves. WASTE OF TIME MONEY AND WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY WILL END UP SHIPPING TO YOU. I AM SCARED TO EVEN GIVE MY DOG THE MEDICINE ONCE IT ARRIVES.

corinnac
4/2/13

Horrible customer service.
Flea product did not work at all. The box looked cheap and damaged. Shipping took a very long time.
I was not able to receive my money back or even speak to a supervisor after calling multiple times.
Don't ever buy from this company.

cjb4
8/6/12

WARNING TO ALL USERS I used this site twice, nothing wrong with the orders or shipment. However___ my credit card number was stolen twice-each time within a month of my order and the money was used to buy plane tickets from India. Either this site is not secure or they are pirating credit card info.

gregg17
10/11/11

First, I ordered some Rimadyl for my pooch and sent them the script. They charged my card immediately. After a week, I asked them where my RX was, and they said that there was a problem with the script.
I asked them to cancel the order and credit my charge card, neither of which they've done. That was over a week ago.
I will NEVER use them again, and recommend that you save your time/money!

charlesd11
10/1/11

I had been very satisfied with PetCareChoice ...until this most recent order.

A few days after placing the order, I got a call/mesage from their customer service department telling me there was a 'discrepancy in my order' and to call back. When I called back, they said they had not received my vet's Rx.

I wrote my vet who said he was pretty sure they had faxed it but would re-fax the Rx. I called today, 3 days after having had my vet re-fax the Rx. They told me they still had not received the Rx. I told them that was pretty unlikely since I corresponded directly with my vet on who was going to have the Rx resent.

Then, the confessed 1) they were delayed (days!) in processing Rx faxes, and 2) that customer service had been calling customers advising them that they had not received prescriptions, not knowing the fax processing department was days (...like 3+ days!) behind.

So, I had the hassle of getting my vet to resend the Rx, pretty well accusing him and his staff of not sending it the first time, and he wastes his time resending it.

This is not a company I will do business with anymore. They may be a little cheaper on meds, but this kind of shilly-shally is not worth a few bucks.

Not recommended.

geoginam
9/24/11

Great prices with service that is endlessly awesome.

tk3
9/18/11

I ordered Revolution for my cat almost about 2 months ago. Expecting that the product may be coming from overseas, I waited for 4 weeks before I first contacted them. The customer service rep sounded decent and told me that I hadn't provided them the prescription and so they were unable to ship. Although it was their responsibility to let me know when I ordered that I had to fax them a prescription, I still accepted the fact that "I" should have known better and taken the initiative to ask ""them"" if this order required a prescription. I provided them with my vet's phone, fax, and email during the conversation and then they said that they would contact me as soon as they receive the information and the product would be shipped.

A customer rep did email me saying my order was shipped, and they also did leave a courtesy voice mail saying that they had received the prescription. However, it has been 3 weeks since then and I still have not received the order. My cat is overdue for this medication and if the order doesn't arrive by mid next week, I will have to bring him to his vet.

I liked the Australian company I used to order from before they went out of business.

jadar
8/25/11

Absolutely the most wonderful service, friendly and efficient crew, and the lowest price around for pet medication. Best prices for FrontLine for my dogs!

andrewr12
8/14/11

I am very satisfied with the service of petcarechoice.com. My orders are processed promptly and arrived in less time that I expected.

leonb
8/13/11

This is a terrible company. I ordered a medication for my dog, and the shipment got delayed several times. It was me who had to call them and to learn that the shipment to them will be again delayed by a week. Then they say it takes them 2-3 weeks to deliver it to you, if you can believe it.
After more than a month of waiting and being put off again and again, I canceled the order. They delivery is more than two months from the time of order, if one is lucky.
The only good thing is that you can call them. But they never bother to inform you of repeated delays.

lucyw1
7/21/11

I have been using Petcarechoice.com for a few years now. I love the site because I am a single mom who can't afford very much. But me and my kids love our dog Milo and don't want to let him get sick. We needed flea medication and we ordered the product with them. It took about 2 weeks to arrive but we were extremely happy with the results and their customer service reps. called to inform us of the delivery! I suggest it to anyone - and I am really shocked at the negative reviews...everyone I know who uses it loves it!!

bonnieb5
7/11/11

I ordered from this site and had to email them days later when I did not get a shipment confirmation. They said my vet denied the request. After days of back and forth, it was determined that the problem was my vet couldn't approve a year of refills. The medication only allows 6 months. The company should have known this and they should have contacted me immediately when my vet denied it. Once it was approved it still took over a week to get to me, making it 2 weeks altogether. Totally unacceptable. They told me it would be easy next time since I have refills. So, I ordered again 2 weeks ago. Once again, I did not get a shipment notification so a few days after I placed the order, I emailed them. A day or two after that, I received an email saying the med was back ordered. They advised that I call and change my order from the chewable to the caplet, which was in stock. I did this immediately. I had to call a few days after that b/c once again, no word from them - i was told it would ship out 42-48 hours after that. It wasn't and when I called, they told me that the caplets were also out of stock. Why could they not have told me? Why do I have to keep calling them and holding them accountable to do their job? I don't know. But this company doesn't give a crap and I canceled my order and will NEVER order from them again. It was a hassle and unprofessional.

ryanf2
6/5/11

Despite the many bad reviews I've read about Petcarechoice, this website has maintain to be the best on my list in terms of pet medication, service and delivery, can never find anything I can complain about...

eleanorb1
5/27/11

I had a great experience with PetCareChoice.com!! I have been using this site for years as well my family uses it too!! This site was recommended by my vet who knew that i was looking for cheaper more affordable pet meds. PetCareChoice.com delivered my products on time, and correctly! I have no problems with them at all. I highly recommend them.

leanep
4/14/11

I ordered advantage multi over a month ago and still have not received, customer service seriously disappointing, DO NOT USE, the cheap costs are deceiving!!

tracys3
4/12/11

I ordered Rimadyl for my dog on March 18th, I'm still waiting. Had to go to vet and purchase some while waiting. Now the excuses have started, first it was a computer error on my address, then it was processing, now it's on to what seems to be the standard "customs problem". I have given up and filed a dispute with my credit card.

leahg
3/25/11

Ordered Sentinel for my dog and they sent me what they claim is the European version of the medicine. They never contacted me to confirm whether this way okay. When i called to question the item they sent they told me that i could only return it to their pharmacy overseas and i had to pay for the shipping. Horrible place to do business. Stay away!

prisellar
2/18/11

I have been ordering pet medicine from PetCareChoice.com for 3 years now. I have never had even one problem with anything they have sent me. I also highly recommend them to others because of their great service and their easy to use website. And, they are able to offer a number of generic medication before they become available in the USA. Delivery took longer than usual for my past order though.

tonyas
2/14/11

Pharmacy works fine for me. Generic medication doesn't bother me as long as it works. 2 thumbs for this company. thank you for providing low prices but quality products.

carloss1
2/13/11

Nothing beats friendly and helpful customer service, not to mention fast delivery and big savings! Great job guys!!!

debbiep3
2/10/11

I ordered "Revolution" for my cat through this company because I could avoid having to get a prescription from my vet and because they were less expensive. I ordered on 1-7-11, recieved an email that the product "had shipped" on the same day.

***

January, 07, 2011
YOUR PET'S ORDER HAS BEEN SHIPPED

Your order number is : 1992336
Your shipping number is : 4706136
The following item(s) that have been shipped:
1 Revolution (Monthly)

* Please allow up to 8-12 business days for your package delivery.

***

As of today, 2-10-11, I have yet to receive anything. I emailed customer service 2 weeks ago. No response. A google search on this company reveals MANY unsatisfied customers. I would avoid shopping with this company.

Debbie

ronalds2
2/9/11

People of PetCareChoice has been truly helpful in every situation. They deliver on time and sends out E-mail notifications informing me that my order was already sent out. Excellent job!

mandeeps

Good stuff!

terrym7
2/9/11

I ordered prescription medication for my dog in December. The merchandise was never received. Like some others, I called and got various excuses like "delay at the border due to increased Homeland Security checks. My experience mirrors that of some others in recent months. I've disputed the charge with my credit card issuer. I can't recommend this seller because of my experience and their apparent pattern of delivery issues.

oscarg1
2/8/11

Prompt service, friendly and knowledgeable, always someone to assist you when you call their toll free numbers.

amandap5
2/7/11

I have used petcarechoice for along time now and had not experience problems like late orders and customer service are very helpful. I will still be ordering from petcarechoice!!!

kiph
2/7/11

Ordered medications for my dog; for $5 shipping they were supposed to get here in 5-12 business days. After 10 days, I called--shipment was slow due to customs. After 15 days, called again--surely it will be there in three days. After 20 days, called again--more excuses. After 27 business days, called and was told that they'd reship, and that if I received the second shipment I'd be billed (how, I don't know). I opted for a refund. They said it would take 2-3 days to show up. If it doesn't, I'll post again. I lost most of my trust in them from the phone calls; the reviews on this list have made me lose all the rest.

juliec4
2/3/11

Personally, I've used PetCareChoice multiple times to buy kidney medicine for my cat without any of the mentioned problems. Sure, the transit times might be a tad longer than desired, but it still beats paying the inflated prices at the vet.

- Julie C.

keithk1
1/25/11

I think i see a pattern but i too had such a terrible experience. Heartguard comes from australia and frontline from the UK. The UK gets a storm so your shipment, according to petcarechoice, gets delayed then delayed again at customs. 8-12 days has turned into 45 days. There is a reason the stuff is so cheap but i will be just spending the extra few bucks and going to my VET. DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE OR GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS.

stevenc9
1/18/11

My experience with PetCare Choice was very bad, similar to the other reviewers; It took over one month and many phone calls until my dogs prescribed medicine finally arrived.
It was manufactured by a company in PAKISTAN I never heard of. I hope that the medicine is not counterfeit! I would like to find out from anyone reading this if there are web sites where I can check if the medicine they sent from Pakistan is the real thing or counterfeit.

joshh3
1/17/11

Absolutely "The" worst online purchasing experience I have had. Each time I call about my order I am told something different. Called and inquired about my order, after having waited 30 days, and was told that there shipping department would be contacting me as to the arrival time of my order. No call was received. I called and was told that the delay was caused by a large storm, hung up and called again and spoke to someone else who told me that it was delayed by homeland security. Also the representatives are condescending, and try to rush you off the phone. I wish I would have known of this site to read previous reviews on this company. I will never buy from, or endorse this company. BEWARE!!!

bs8
1/7/11

Scam, they do not deliver items ordered. Customer service is very sweet voiced, and tells you various crap, like "Orders ship from UK and Homeland Security is delaying everything" OR "Orders ship from UK and there's been big storm delays"... blah blah. Offers to run shipping trace to get you off the phone but they never call back. I finally woke up and disputed thru American Express and they have reversed the charge and will deal with these crooks themselves.

markp8
1/2/11

Do not order from this merchant. After the Company charged my credit card, I have waited weeks for my order after receiving a notice that the package shipped. I have filed a dispute with my credit card over the order. Avoid this merchant at all cost.

debis
12/16/10

I finally cancelled my order for my dog's heartworm medication after 6 phone calls from this site. I sent two separate prescriptions in, they called my vet, yet every week, they had a "discrepancy". It was disastrous to say the least. Horrible customer service and even after I told them what they could do to keep my business, the opted to refund my money. NEVER, NEVER use this site to order your precious pet's medications.

kachio
11/26/10

I would give negative stars if I could. To date I have used this site twice, both times with disastrous results. That's what I get for trying to save a few dollars. The first time they blamed me and my vet and claimed they never received my dog's prescription. It took 3 weeks but we finally resolved that issue. This time I never received my dogs medication. It is November 26, the order was placed September 10 originally. The claimed it was lost in the mail, then there was a delay due to order volume. Then the order was never reshipped. Then the order was deleted. I mean, I asked them to just refund me but no. They kept insisting it would be here shortly. In the meantime I already had to go and get the flea and heartworm medicine from the vet anyway! Obviously at this point I just want a refund but I'm still getting the runaround. It's not worth it to save a few dollars. You'll never get the meds and if you do, it won't be without massive delay and a lot of headache. That's Canada for you!

Kachi
El Sobrante, CA

tomg4
3/5/10

Do not buy from petcarechoice.com. PetCareChoice uses bait and switch tactics. They offer steeply discounted pet medications - after waiting their 2-3 weeks waiting period to receive their products, they turn out to be generic medications from India.

They customer service is rude and uninformed and argumentative. If you ask a rep who owns PetCareChoice, the say they can't disclose that information. Very suspicious.

If insanely cheap pet meds are too good to be true - they are. Don't buy from PetCareChoice.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the PetCareChoice staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I would like to know why a prescription is needed for revolution when it's strictly for dogs and cats?
6/4/12
ruthd1
A: I am still awaiting my dog's medication ..Advantage Multi (II) paid on 28 Mar. How much longer do I need to wait? Answer pls. Should I proceed further?
4/10/11
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the PetCareChoice staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?