US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chuckk5

They are a very poor company and their customer service sucks. (in 32 reviews)

marym128

I have been on the site for 3 months at a time for about every 9 months. (in 14 reviews)

stacyt

Seems like a great way to meet people you otherwise would not have met in your life. (in 80 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sauert
12/17/14

Here is a test I just performed. I set up a profile; filled in the "details," uploaded a recent and pretty good photo, but filled up the "in his own words" part - the self-description, the most important part of the profile, with the possible exception of the photo - with rubbish. The rubbish was a paragraph of "Lorem ipsum," standard Latin gibberish used by printers and type designers.

This profile somehow made it past Match.com's approval process and went live. Less than five hours later, it had 51 "views," 7 "photo likes", 6 "favorites", 3 "likes", 1 "wink", 1 email (which I couldn't read), and an invitation to "chat". This is absurd - who would "like" a profile which is just Latin gobbledegook?

So far, just silliness, nothing sinister. BUT to take any action on any of this - to see who likes my photo, my profile, my details, who makes me a "favorite," who sends a "wink," etc., I have to pay for membership. There is no standard free trial period for access to this information, so there's no way to see if any of it is legit before paying.

So my immediate suspicion is that all the attention is fake, something ginned up by computer to make me think scads of women are interested in my profile. Possibly some of it is genuine, and possibly there are real women with legit intentions active on the site, but there's no way to determine that beforehand.

I never paid for a subscription, so can't comment on that part of the Match.com operation.

Tip for consumers: The results of my test say - AVOID.

Investigate free sites. A free site won't have such obvious motivation to mislead customers. There will be some motivation to fluff up their customer numbers, due to increased traffic and the resulting ad revenue, but nothing like we seem to be seeing on Match.com.

ryans83
12/16/14

Match.com is a scam. I cancelled my subscription and they still keep charging me. When I tried to contact "customer service" they avoided answering any questions via email because they don't want a paper trail. They are feeling the squeeze of free services like Tinder and OKcupid so Match.com is doing everything they can to screw their consumers out of money.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT use Match.com. NEVER give them your credit card number.

raritans
12/15/14

I signed up for six months at $131.00 thinking this was a legit dating site. after 48 hours every lady I contacted, or who contacted me turned out to be from Ghana, or the Ukraine, or somewhere OTHER than their profile!

I emailed asking for a refund. No reply... After a few more days, and MANY more bogus contacts, I was told I needed to call a number for a refund. When I called the number, I was told there's a NO REFUND POLICY! PERIOD!

Screw their cute commercials, and fun advertising, this site is a pure, 100%, rip-off....
Don't go there!!!

Raritan Sailor

Tip for consumers: DON'T GO THERE!!

naten
12/8/14

So, I have used this website a couple of times and the results are less than perfect. I am not particularly writing this review because of my own personal experience but rather to give a warning to people about Match.com's less than honest method of getting you to either sign up and or re-sign. I went for a six month subscription this last time mainly because of all the "messages and views" my profile was receiving. So I hit the ground running and tried it out. What you find is after you sign up all that goes away. In a good week I maybe communicated with one or two people if I was lucky. Towards the end of my subscription I decided this was it and I was not going to renew. What I find surprising is that after I let it go by some miracle woman are looking at me again and sending me messages all the time. Of course now I don't have the access to read these "messages". My point is Match.com is trolling me trying to trick me into re-submitting my subscription. I find this distasteful and regardless of what they might say they do this shady crap to get you to sign back up. So if you have signed up and let it go like myself and or are thinking of signing up to see why you are being checked out so much. Just beware its most likely them trolling your page trying to get you to join. I would recommend dating in the real world and not on these money making date sites.

dianeh23
12/8/14

Watch out for ROBERTS JAMES FOSKEY He took no money from me but after research found out he took money from ladies that could not afford it. Destroying lives of women. Im tough and did not feed into the crap. Thick accent some were from Africa. Another one is ERIC WEISER, has a bit of a Irish acent but says he's native American. Scammers.

carolw33
12/7/14

Beware of photoman919. He is a liar and can be very charming. He is a manipulator and will take you for a ride and then dump you. Don't fall for him.

dees36
12/6/14

Ladies... WATCH OUT FOR MONEY SCAMS!!!..especially men sending long emails pouring their hearts out...getting you emotionally hooked...saying they love u, they want you to meet their family, you are beautiful, you are in their thoughts, on their screensaver all in a weeks time creating desire to meet then running into some problem requiring money ..they have a heavy accent..yahoo messenger to chat..google voice as phone ...ask questions, use caution and tell a friend if something is off..copy pictures from match profile and ask to video chat or skype to see what they look like ...it will be different..copy profile as they will hide their profile in a couple of weeks to convince you are the One..I ALMOST fell for it, have a broken heart but was saved..their is love but use logic over heart strings .. Good luck!

Tip for consumers: Money scammers preying on lonely middle aged women...use caution and check the info and pictures given..no man will ask for money while on a dating site..not a real one anyway..RUN!!! If they do !!!

lisam131
12/5/14

scam! they will send these emails of 'interested" people that would "like" you or want to email you.. as soon as you sign up..POOF!! no more email,likes..you may get a "wink" once you click on the profile.. is n longer there..
some real people but lost of fake..

Tip for consumers: NO NOT do it!!!

davidp107
12/4/14

I " enrolled " with this site but was smart enough to pay them zero. I kept getting "emails" from "interested" females and if I paid a fee I could see the contents of the bogus emails. The reason it was so obvious the site is CRAP is because all the potential "contacts" were from other states and overseas !! My advice is waste your money on ciggies or booze and you will be certain of some enjoyment !! The owners of this site should at least get their act together and program their auto answer computer to at least send crap messages from non existent females and synchronise them to the same state as the poor sap who has [ or is going to ] pay them their hard earned money.

lolua
12/3/14

Wow! I'm not married and somebody falsely alleged that I'm married and they (match.com-customer-service) terminated my account. Actually, I think this is weird... Unfortunately, just signed up for another 6 months. Hope they reinstate my account but I'll NEVER do business with this company again. PS: Although, I met some good women on match but the customer service sucks b'cos they could have investigated the false allegation before closing my account - That's RUDE especially to a paying customer. PS: They never do refund so if they chose not to reactivate my account, I'm duped for almost 120$ - SAD:(

Tip for consumers: Bewares!!! Especially about their renewal policy - NO notification & they just charge you if you overlook the "Stop subscription". DO the "Stop subscription" as soon as you sign up.

christinac30
12/1/14

Do not use this horrific disgusting dishonest website!!!! They get u to subscribe with fake model profiles and when u cancel ur account they say oh well u only cancelled ur features so we're still gonna charge u!!! It's a trap and the most ghetto website with rude customer derive reps!! Run for your life from them!

markk53
11/29/14

I have had two 3 month subscriptions recently with 2 months off in between approximately. During the second stint I barely ever got anyone who was interested in me, but now that the subscription is up I am getting at least tw notifications a week of people who are interested in me. Coincidence? I really don't think so. Not worth the money, my advise is try eleswhere if you really want to find a match.

robinp35
11/20/14

I want to express my absolute disgust towards the customer service department of Match.com. Users beware - if you do not take your account off of auto-renewal for billing, you will be charged and denied a refund. I called a few days after I discovered a new charge on my card because I never got a notification that my account was about to expire and apparently they put you on auto-billing when you first sign up for 'convenience so there are no lapses in service', which is really their sneaky tactic of charging you since they know not many people read fine print or will bother to change it. I spoke to three different account representatives, including someone at their corporate office and they were unwilling to help me in any regard. All they tell you is 'unfortunately, there's nothing we can do' like they are reading off of a script. What they are really saying is that, 'I am not going to put any effort into helping you fix this situation because you are not important to me'. This is the most frustrating experience I have ever had with a company, let alone a company that acts like they care about your personal happiness.

Then they sent me a customer service survey, which expires after 3 days, so now I am no longer able to give my feedback because that window has passed, so instead I'll publicly let people know how I feel. They also have horrible customer service hours (I live on the west coast) so they are closed by the time I get off work, and now they've even cancelled my account so that I am not able to use it - but they're keeping my money!! If they are not going to refund my money, then they do not have the right to cancel my account.

This is an absolute scam, and they are crooks who need to be stopped. I have seriously never felt so disrespected and appalled at how heartless a corporation can be. You can bet I will be sharing my story with everyone I know and who will listen, because as a professional who has worked in customer service, marketing, and management - I know this is not how you do business or retain customers, and I do not want to see anyone else treated this way in the future.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company's website unless you want to be treated like a non-human. If the relationships they advertise are anything like their business ethics, this is not a company you want to be involved with.

amyn16
11/19/14

This site is a rip off. They give you a "6 month guarantee", however the only thing you can be guaranteed is that you will be charged again and will NOT receive your 6 months free. Not only did I get charged again 120$ but they also did not give the 6 months free and will not refund the 120$ that I did not authorize. Sending the same matches over and over again and people with no pictures or that haven't even been active in over 3 weeks.... Is not reasonable. Then saying I didn't meet the criteria by not sending 5 emails a month to people is never had contact with.... What a joke! I could have done that but it's about a real connection, not meeting a requirement. I would never re come d this sure to anyone! Save your money and aggravation! And they are very unhelpful if you call. Word of myth us key, they can keep my money but I will make sure people know to be aware!

Tip for consumers: Don't do it! It's a rip off! And mske sure you cancel the auto renew immediately!

lisat52
11/15/14

Match.com - ladies stay away from SUGARGOLD66 or SUGARSMYDOG - his name is RANDY MICHAELIS from Flower Mound/Coppell, TX. He is the BIGGEST liar, manipulator, con player, user around. He has NO CONSCIENCE! On EVERY dating site out there! He is NOT looking for "the one" as his ridiculous lying profiles claim. Really skilled texter and can't be happy with one woman or even three for that matter - on a CONSTANT hunt for more. Don't fall for his game - he is skilled at making you feel beautiful while cheating simultaneously! He says all exes are psycho stalkers. They are really nice ladies who unfortunately believed this jerk! BEWARE!!!

stephenw44
11/6/14

Match.com is a well designed website and matchmaking is good but i find they charge far too much i hope they will lower the prices someday to get more people using it. As long as your making a lot of money it doesnt really matter.

Tip for consumers: To me it is a good matchmaker but unless you have a decent salary it is quite expensive.

kevinw65
11/3/14

Without realising it I was registered for auto renew on match.com. I wasn't informed when my registration ran out and I assumed my membership was ended. Wrong! Many months later I realised £59 had been taken out of my pay pal account on several occasions. When I rang customer services I was confronted with a totally unhelpful woman who refused to refund the last installment but cancelled my account. So I am paying for nothing. I am out of work and this has left me overdrawn. I am disgusted. By not contacting members that they intend to take money from their account they are causing distress to many ex members and making extra revenue for themselves at our expense

Tip for consumers: Don't go near it. Go to a free site. The are robbers

herbertw10
10/23/14

I didn’t date yet and I would like to have it once. I realized that there are dating sites too from here. But most of the people are not satisfied with the services from Match.com yet. I am thinking that why people interfere in the personal matters of another person to make their business. This is the ever worst thing.

mikec133
10/22/14

I got the guarantee 6 month subscription. Match stated that if I didn't meet my match they would give me a free 6 months. After 6 months Match completely removed my profile, No contact number,no return of e-mails, Also, I found out from a former employee that a lot of the profiles of people showing interest are just fake profiles giving you hope so you keep a membership. Beware of this company. They are corrupt

sharzip
10/16/14

I had a one month subscription and wanted to turn off the auto renew because I knew I would not want to sign up again, but when I tried to cancel something came up stating I could get 3 months for the price of one, so I clicked on it to see how much it would be (I'd forgotten how much I paid for the 1 month). Nothing came up to show me how much and I was still on the same screen, so continued my cancellation. Later I got an email stating I'd signed up for 3 months.. which I did not. I emailed countless times to no avail... I got no response. Since they are closed by the time I got off work, I called on one of my days off. I was told by the rep that I would be refunded for the 3 months which was supposed to be from September to November. I'm still on the site and they will not respond to my emails. Yesterday, I got an email that I was charged for another 3 months when this 3 month subscription hasn't even expired yet. More emails with no answers. Match.com is not great as far as matches (they kept giving me Canadian profiles to look at), and their customer service is horrible. Not to mention, this is not the first time this I was charged when I shouldn't have been. I should have learned my lesson the first time.

matthewh48
10/15/14

the site is a scam!I have been a member for several months, and before I subscribed I had winks from very attractive girls. After I paid for the subscription those girls would not respond to my messages or disappeared from sight altogether. After subscribing I only got Winks and responses from unattractive girls. I ended my subscription and then started getting winks from attractive girls again. The site leaves profiles up after their subscription has ended so they can promote their site by saying that have millions of members. I called customer service and they were not helpful and unable to resolve my problem or answer any of my questions. I believe that they also do notalways let communication happen between members so that they can keep the members longer. Once their members meet somebody they quit paying for the subscription so they don't let them actually meet

Tip for consumers: Dont waste ur time and money

sallyw13
10/8/14

I recently joined Match for a second time after several years of taking a hiatus. I find it is difficult to meet someone these days and thought I would give this way another try. I am extremely confused about something that happens on Match. I am an attractive woman. I get lots of winks, interests and views. When I receive a wink or interest that I like, I take the initiative to write a message immediately.The following day I go back to the members profile and 95% of the time it is now hidden. I understand men meet someone and hide their profile. What is happening to me is something different. These are men I have never seen on the site before. Attractive. Good profiles. See them on one day. Suddenly the next day they are gone. Happening too often to be legit. Can someone explain to me what the heck is going on?

Tip for consumers: It is possible to meet someone but be very careful. I was a member years ago. Men on the site were different. I did not meet anyone that I connected with but that had nothing to do with Match. Many of the male members this time around appear to be shady. If you are going to do any internet dating, think smart.

johnc254
10/6/14

I made the mistake of paying for a subscription.
There are a lot of women flirting with me only to find out they want money or to help with a Nigerian bank account.
I have met one real person and she was nice but ,not a match.
The filter process puts me with women who are way too young or don't want a guy who is not in shape.
I have gotten roughly 50+ winks and flirts and all were bogus withing about 2 months.
The one i did meet was because i emailed her and she didn't look like a hot model.
The number of fake profiles makes me think Match.com is doing it to attract more people.

Tip for consumers: Do not subscribe ounless you go the cheapest price for a month or two.
Beware of all the bogus profiles.

sandys40
10/2/14

Don't waste your time or money on this site. Way to many fake accounts . Tried to get my money back a week after I joined since I had seen 10 fake accounts in the first
Week . I get messages from men who know the right words to say to a women
And then goes to say they don't get on match that much so email me at my
Personal email if you don't response or say something wrong they hide the profile
I have seen the same picture for 5 didn't accounts. Will stick with pof at least
That's free

Tip for consumers: Stay away

archiec15
9/29/14

I never got any responses to 50 emails I sent on match.com. Not sure the woman on there were even alive.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site it's a waist of time and money.

time85
9/29/14

I had the same poor excuse for customer service that this company stands behind company policy and the fact that you click or didn't click a button when you signed up. That was not my problem. The auto renewal feature is a good feature and I have not problem with that. My issues is that they do not warn you about charging your account. I got no notice except from my bank informing me of the overdraft caused by this charge. That is a problem. I get so many junk emails from this company on a daily basis but they can't send me one that says I am getting charged tomorrow for a renewal. Poor customer service for sure. I will never use Match.com again. There are too many free sites to use now which is why I quit using Match.com in the first place.

Tip for consumers: Be careful and mark it on your calendar if you use the auto renewal because they will not tell you they are going to charge you.

wendys30
9/28/14

This site and its customer service don't deserve ANY stars! My account was set for auto renewal. Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a life. I don't remember what my renewal date is. So, when $120 was withdrawn from my account without warning, I got ticked and contacted customer service. Why is it so hard for Match to send an email a few days ahead saying your subscription is about to expire and they will be taking X dollars out of said account? Other sites do it so I know it can be done. Then I complained about how they have this stupid 6 month free guarantee. I'd been on the site for 18 months with no results. So while apparently I was not eligible for the 6 month guarantee, they refunded the entire $120 they charged me. So, what's wrong with that, you must be wondering. Well, they ERASED MY PROFILE! When I try to login I get a message saying 'this profile has been resigned.' Even a non-paying member can have a profile. Why the HELL did they erase mine? I have been a paying member on and off of Match for the better part of 10 years. I've met 2 of my boyfriends on there, but I have seen customer service decend into the bowels of hell over the years. They have cut off their nose to spite their face. I will now NEVER renew my subscription, EVER with this company. I'd rather flush my money down the toilet.

Tip for consumers: Run, run FAR away!

janef20
9/28/14

I am in the UK and am horrified at the number of men on sites who seem to have decent profiles yet eventually divulge that they just want "fun" - surely there are other sites out there for that? Some admit to being married, in a loveless relationship, wife doesn't understand them etc etc. Are there ANY normal, genuine people out there??

I suppose they're hoping to get their money's worth of "fun" from their subscription!!! I won't be using this site again

krishj
9/27/14

I had the same experience that you guys faced...I felt of being robbed..I had put my subscription status as non renewal , however it got renewed and around 70 dollars was deducted from my account...when I asked them to return the amount , they just refused and took the whole 3 months amount, though they have an option of taking one month of 19 dollars and lied to me that I never changed the status to non-renew...never join this site..and delete you credit card details.

melissaj18
9/27/14

This site will not refund your money even though they can see that you have had no activity and are only a member for 9 days of the three months subscription. So you get to continue to pay for the remaining 3 months and get nothing in return.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site no matter how lonely you are

stevep68
9/26/14

My profile was stolen 3 times, I was impersonated then harassed by woman that thought I was the impersonator. I email Match 6 times to not one reply, finally I got anther nasty email form some woman and my account was locked out. I was kicked off after a year on the site. After making real connections that I had no access to and spent time with a very detailed profile these incompetents took this way to resolve an issue that was mine, I was the victim. They suck as a business and customer service not to mention protecting there members.

Tip for consumers: Use POF.com

taylorj10
9/26/14

Gross. Bad experience. I hate this site. After a week I hated it and they wouldn't refund my money. Stay away.

amyc40
9/25/14

I have tried match.com before where my profile was viewed many times and I was contacted by people that were not within my 'choice to date' so to speak. I was contacted by those outside of my age, race, and demographics. I deactivated my account prior to the end of my 3 months only to be charged FOR ANOTHER THREE MONTHS and the company is refusing to credit me back my $70.00. This is a poor site and I do not recommend it to anyone!

Tip for consumers: Use a site that offers free features to see if the site is worth your time and money like Plenty of Fish. Match.com is VERY poor. HIGHLY DISSAPPOINTED!

patrickj19
9/24/14

Come on guys, who can possibly defend this obvious scam!!! I had all the troubles in the world to get rid of my profile, I finally ask for a company to help me get through it all! At least THEY were efficient (sos-internet) and got me rid of the subscription and my profile!!
Too bas I can't get sos-internet 5 stars and none for this "dating" website

honestg
9/22/14

It is wasting time and money. I have been on this site for 8 years and eventually I canceled last week. There are some guys with good jobs or look but all looking for fun . If you are a good looking woman, has job, education and looking for serious man you are in the wrong department.

p--s
9/21/14

Awful!! They keep sending me so called matches even though I have cancelled my subscription. I have asked repeatedly to have emails stop. It is a scam! I made it clear that I am lesbian yet they kept sending me men matches...scary looking men! Match never answered my complaints. They just fill my inbox with emails about matches. No one should be my match because I removed all content from my profile when they refused to take my profile down.

sss9
9/21/14

Ladies, stay away from tried8000names on Match.com. HIs name is Richard Hatley and he lives in stupid Flower Mound texas (loser town just like him). He is a manipulative, cheating, liar and a sorry excuse for a man. His profile is full of $#*! and he is NOT looking for "the one" serious relationship. He thinks he's funny and is about as boring and stupid as they come. To top it off, he is fat and has boobs bigger than most women. After he's lied his way into your heart pretending he really really likes you, he will use you, disappear and make you feel like $#*!. He is always on match and always looking - sorry excuse for the male species. Match is a HORRIBLE place to meet a partner - you'll meet PLAYERS!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

adamp33
9/21/14

This site is BullSh!t. Most of the female users on there are either morons or basic members who can't reply to emails. Their photo policies are retarded and if you cancel your account before your subscription runs out, you can't use all features anymore even though your subscription lasts till the 1st of the month. Also, it shows most of the women on there not being active for over 3 weeks. How GAY!

Tip for consumers: Advice for other single dudes. DON'T join this site!

christopherp30
9/15/14

I've been on Match.com for 2.5 months. I have had two dates. Not bad. The reason that I have to give them only 3 stars is the following: 1. They seriously need to refine their filtering methods. I've been "matched" with women for whom I am way too old, way too short, (and sometimes both) and with women who want a man of a specific faith of which I am not a member. There have been other criteria that have been off too. I just sometimes think I'm doing too much work. I'm on the verge of going back to e-harmony. With eharmony I went through 500 profiles in about six months (give or take) and I only went on a date with one woman ... and I married her. We were a good match when we met. ;-)

Tip for consumers: Get the three or six month membership and judge for yourself. I think eharmony's methods are better.

susanm87
9/9/14

I STRONGLY ADVISE TO AVID THIS SITE AT ALL COSTS.
This site should reconsider their policies, their apps and there customer service .
Please save yourself the money and DO NOT become a member for any reason. Ok Cupid is much better and cheaper if you want to be a member. In comparison Ok Cupid has so many more people and Match.com is the most expensive and no one is on the site. I never even check my match.com account . I made a HUGE mistake of getting 6 months thinking it would really help me find someone. They REFUSE to refund your money and only say they will be happy to take you off the auto renewal, well thanks for nothing match.com

Tip for consumers: Please save yourself the money and DO NOT become a member for any reason. Ok Cupid is much better and cheaper if you want to be a member. In comparison Ok Cupid has so many more people and Match.com is the most expensive and no one is on the site. I never even check my match.com account . I made a HUGE mistake of getting 6 months thinking it would really help me find someone. They REFUSE to refund your money and only say they will be happy to take you off the auto renewal, well thanks for nothin

mandyd4
9/8/14

A male match.com user sent me a match.com message pretty much belittling me. Telling me that I should settle. He also wrote that I sounded like I'm shopping for a guy and want the guy on sale. He goes on to say that I may not be right for any terrific guys out there because I am 32 and had to turn to match. I wrote him back telling him that I did not have to justify my dating profile and that he was being rude. I also told him I would be blocking him and reporting him. I then contact Match.com to report him to them and also try to get a refund. They REFUSED to give me a refund and when I told the customer service rep that I would be telling everyone about my horrible experience with this site (the member and customer service experience) match.com sends me an email telling me to stop or they will terminate my membership and I will not get a refund. Ummm.... they refused to give me a refund in the first place and did not take my complaint seriously. I will never again sign up with match.com and will warn everyone about them. They let men harass, bully and belittle women and then also turn their backs on the victim.

joshl35
9/4/14

When I joined it was for 1 month. I was stunned to discover how sneaky they are in taking your money. I had sent out numerous letters to women but nobody was replying back to me. I contacted customer service to ask if there may be a technical issue somewhere. I was told that unless the recipient is a FULLY paid member, she cannot open and read any mail that is sent to her even though I am a fully paid member myself. For that woman to read my mail there are two options. The first is that she pay to become a member. Option two is that I now must pay an ADDITIONAL fee per month which is $8.00 for her to read my mail. I asked the customer service rep, if I already paid for the right to send letters, why can't the recipient read them? I was told "I'm sorry sir, this is our policy". I asked where exactly is this policy statement provided on the sign up form? She remained silent and just repeated "I'm sorry sir, this is our policy".

Match.com is an extremely unethical and misleading service designed solely to mislead and steal as much money from you as possible with no refunds EVER being issued.
Please stay away from this site. It's a lie.

Tip for consumers: Read the reviews provided and understand that they are all true. Save your money. This is a criminal operation with no morals.

joannaj3
9/4/14

I am in the process of canceling. I realized it was not what I paid for after 1 day. I signed on just 2 days ago for a year bundle. I thought that the per month charge was only going to be charged each month and that I could stop it anytime within a trial period. I was charged for a whole year. Money that i can not afford...this has taken my grocery money for the month. I need a swift kick in the pants for not fully understanding how this deceitful company works at getting money from unsuspecting dopes like me. I can not read when the words are in all caps, or in gray print. I have visual problems with certain colors. I will call my bank today and they will get me results..I have a personal banker that help me and knows of my disability with fully understanding what I read. Oh and I can not read fine print, did not know there were any, until I read some of the companies reviews.

Tip for consumers: 1 star is 1 star too high. If you can not read the fine print or when the text is in gray, have someone else go over the terms of service with you, Please!!!

patriciam40
9/4/14

I joined Match.com for 3 months. It was not particularly satisfactory in terms of getting responses to my emails but I had 2 dates and there are some "real" people on there. However I decided not to renew and proactively went into the account a couple of weeks before payment was due and elected not to renew.

About a week prior to renewal I was signing in and had a window offering me Boost and Connect by email for Free etc., as a "gesture of loyalty". I checked the box to accept. It is hard to recall but the layout (according to customer service) had another check box that I needed to click on if I no longer wanted to renew.

The subscription did not end, I discovered another £60 had been taken from my credit card without any consultation and therefore overriding the instruction I had previously made to cancel. The customer service people respond with the same phrasing about how I didn't check the box and have so far refused to refund my money or send me a screen grab of the offending box so I can at least see what I did wrong.

I am going to initiate a case with the small claims court to get my money back.

Beware!

Tip for consumers: Be very careful what boxes you check and what "special favours" you accept

robertp76
9/3/14

Why a 3 star? Well the price is bs but, the promise is that you will meet at least one person with the guarantee price provisions. So pay it and you will meet some one. This site does have fake accounts but the real ones will chat with you. First night I paid, I met a young lady and I couldn't be more pleased with that.

Tip for consumers: Pay the guarantee price. 6 month or 3 month. They have to give you a free 6 months if you don't meet someone.

scottb80
9/1/14

After several years of subscribing, my 6 month subscription had ended. I was on my smart phone to hide my profile and accidentally clicked on the one click subscribe button. And of course, I was automatically billed for another 6 mos. I attempted to contact Match.com through their customer service link which is obviously intentionally difficult to find. Evidently, they don't want to provide customer support because they didn't reply in either case when I complained about my unintentional subscription. Therefore, I contacted American Express to get my money back. I got my money back, but Match blocked my account so that I can't even go into remove my photos or delete my profile

Tip for consumers: Be careful of the 1-click subscription

chuckk5
8/31/14

I have used match in the past. The last time I signed up was for three months. I cancelled before the expiration date. I then noticed I was still receiving e-mails. I went on and looked and realized I could still contact users. I checked my credit card and they had charged me again. So I then went in and cancelled again. I then emailed them to have my credit card reimbursed. I never heard from them. I then called them to get a credit. They would not credit my account. They said I had cancelled but then requested a 30% discount which I did not. They would not even work with me to credit my account. I would say to anyone wanting to sign up with them is do not. They are a very poor company and their customer service sucks. It is a waste of money to use them and some many of the matches they send you are false and not even close by. Anyone considering using them please do not. They should be boycotted.

Tip for consumers: Biggest thing I can say is do not sign up with Match. There customer service sucks.

chriss197
8/30/14

Signed up for 6 months. The whole time all I got were messages from fake profiles wanting me to contact them outside of Match then their profile would disappear. After 6 months, when my free 6 months kicked in, I was charged for another 6 months. After arguing for weeks, I finally had to have my bank reverse the charge. Then I started having issues with my account. My account was blocked, and I inquired why. Match couldn't tell me. During 2 weeks of being blocked, I was informed of a violation of terms, WHILE I WAS BLOCKED, and my account was terminated. When I inquired why, I was told they could not tell me anything about my account because of their privacy policy. The account is still there and it still shows as being active but, I have no control over it. It looks like the stories of Match keeping terminated profiles active is true.

Tip for consumers: Don't give them any money. Don't give them any credit card info. Don't even make a free account. They will keep it active when you leave and block you from it if you protest. The whole site is made up of thousands of fake profiles.

unhappyb2
8/28/14

I joined the site for 3 months and opened my account on the phone. I specifically asked for it not to have the auto renewal on. During this time i discovered that the mobile app does not work in Canada but works if you are outside Canada (I travel alot). During the 3 months i did not get any emails warning me about the auto renewal or explaining how it works. I didn't use the site much simply because they kept on matching me with people that were out of my match preference which tells me they just match you up with whom ever... i kept on getting matches that i had already said "no" to or already emailed show up in my matches again... Anyway, after the 3 months the site automatically renewed my membership and charged me an additional $67... i called in the day after my membership had expired and spoke to the customer service and their supervisor and they kept on referring to the site policy... overall, a big scam... consumer be aware...

ym6
8/19/14

Match.com continually sends me "profiles" of men who are not anywhere near the age group I requested. They also send me men who are looking for someone within a certain geographic region, not anywhere near where I live. I just got one from Mountain View California. That is 588 miles from where I live. Literally, the only thing we "match" is that we got taken by spending money on this website. Their "Customer Service" Department apparently doesn't exist. I have sent them links to 10 sites that show the photo posted on the profile they sent me is fraudulent. It has taken them up to a week to remove them. Most of the photos are being taken from Facebook and Linkedin accounts. I have started emailing these individuals to let them know their photos are being used. If you don't Google Image each photo in a profile and double check with the website PigBusters before contacting anyone on this or any other on-line dating site you are setting yourself up for not only failure but possibly serious harm. Do not give your phone # or address to anyone you meet on the internet. Never meet anyone by yourself and always pick a very public place. A local police station is a good idea.

Tip for consumers: Don't! And always cancel your account before it expires or they will renew it without telling you. And they have a bad habit of leaving your photo up after you quit. Get them to remove it!