US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chuckk5

They are a very poor company and their customer service sucks. (in 40 reviews)

martoj

Unfortunately for more than 6 months only two real dates appeared. (in 19 reviews)

marym128

I have been on the site for 3 months at a time for about every 9 months. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

dlaijnes
5/20/15

When I cancelled, there WAS a 'hidden' "do not automatically renew" which I selected. After about 2 years, I wound up SCREAMING at a match.com representative to cancel my subscription.
They bold-faced (though I couldn't see the face) LIED to me. If my husband drops dead tomorrow, (didn't meet on match), I'm going to eHarmony.
Never again. NEVER (something I can say with complete confidence)

jackyr2
5/17/15

In short, took someone out from their site and did not even kiss them good night because I knew I was not interested. However, she got mad at me because I did not want to go out again and after multiple hateful texts from her, I also get informed by Match.com that they are blocking my account with no refund. They won't provide me with a reason and even when they try to send links to their policies, they won't open. I find it humorous that Match claims to have some more concerns for their customers welfare and yet, they allow a scorned person to have so much control.

scottc67
5/12/15

I would strongly advise anyone joining this site to wAtch this Auto Renewal subscription. Even when cancelling I wS stunned to see £60 taken with a claim that I clicked a pop up asking for £9 upgrade which there is no proof. To prove I'm not slamming the company I won't say don't join so it does not effect there money making/business. However I would say do not do a monthly instalment payment scheme as its a rip off. Be Warned.

roberts243
5/11/15

My account has been hacked and i can't get ahold of anyone at match.com. There goes the money.

iranr
5/9/15

Think again before you pay a penny on this site. There is no one to help you with any problems you may have and there is no expert matching either. Worse yet most registered users are not really members so they can't respond to your emails unless they pay. Horrible idea, totally useless for dating. I have better luck at church meeting people.

nicholasj9
5/7/15

The idea is that you are paying money for top notch service right? Okcupid is free and operates with a better format. I imagine any other dating site has a better format because Match.com is horribly laid out. On top of that, they are more set on getting your money than actually being a dating site. Figure this out after you bought a membership? Hope you figured it out before sending a message, or NOPE, NO REFUND. So basically, they sell you a $#*! service and then when you quickly realize they have done so they won't refund your money because you used their $#*! service which you wouldn't have known was $#*! till you used it. Then you are stuck with how ever many months you paid for. They are nice enough to cancel your auto renewal though. Let that sink in. "Hey, we are keeping your money even though you are clearly dissatisfied with us on an operations level and what we provide, but I tell you what, we won't automatically take more of your money like we were going to". Shady as $#*!.

roberts238
5/3/15

Match.com is most likely the biggest online dating site available. It is really a legit and reliable dating site but once you are as popular as match.com you have many low quality profiles as well. Regarding quality (and price) I found mingle2day.com much, much better.

Still, Match.com is one of the few legit places to go.

terrim19
5/2/15

I reported illegitimate matches and scammers almost immediately after signing up for the service. I requested to cancel my subscription and refund my money and Match refused. I continue to be sent "matches" but very few actually 'match' my requested demographics.

richardb146
4/26/15

Match: Do not use this service. The matches are not legitimate. Impossible to contact customer service. Difficult to unsubscribe. Run don't walk away from this site.

donnab53
4/25/15

Joined this site 6 months ago. Got the distrint impression most of the members that contacted me were not "real" people. Was contacted by scammers 3 times & when I hit the "do not renew" it renewed me anyway! Evidently u have to do something else to cancel your membership besides WHAT their site tells u to do, as it wa explained to me by their inept customer service. I was so angry that I didn't here what that second stem was. When I argued and demanded a refund (2 days later since the last day was on a weekend and their customer service is closed over weekends) Their only explanation for no refund is "it is our policy". This site should be SHUT down!

tracyb54
4/18/15

Continue to be charged for a cancelled subscription. Try and find a contact number, good luck. When you sign up they hold your credit card number and will continue to auto renew even after you cancell.

desirees4
4/17/15

I find it ethical to charge someone £30 when only six people are available in my search criteria and believe me when I say that I do NOT HAVE endless boxes ticked? This is absolutely disgraceful!

jasonh68
4/17/15

I had high hopes with this site and I gave it plenty of time - over a year. But I just had no success with it. And maybe it's more of my options in my location. Either way, I only went on a couple dates. Every person they matched me with I was just not attracted to. Or 4 of the 10 daily matches had 0 pictures. It was time consuming and disappointing for me.

jamesk82
4/15/15

THEY ARE FAKE THEY SENT FAKE NOTIFICATION OF ROBOT PROFILES THAT THEY ARE INTERESTED ON MY PROFILE, AFTER MAKING A PAYMENT TO SEE THOSE PROFILES , IMMEDIATELY I PAID, ALL THE 300 PROFILES GOT DISAPPEARED ... WRONG DATING SITE
My email to them..................................................
You don't want me on match.com but you want my money on match.com.

Please refund my money back to me, was it a crime sending multiple messages such as 'how are you doing? Or "hello" or "hi "to those who looked at my profile, I am not on match.com to flirt... Has anyone said I threaten them? or harass them, has anyone reported me that I did sometime wrong to them or do silly stuff nude pictures etc.,

I am not pleading to come back to match.com all I need is my 42.99 give me my money back... You have forged me with your website alert sending me a fake notification that I had 300 people looking for me... Please refund my money to my PayPal account because I work hard to get my money,

You cannot hold my money for service you don't offer me, if you don't want me in on your website then kindly refund me payment.

firstnamel6
4/14/15

I wish I had read all the terrible reviews on this site and others, before I had signed up for 3 months. Gone is 76.00 and nothing whatsoever to show for it. Match.com lures you into looking at profiles and sending an email which forces the other person to reply (if that person is even real, most are not), so to read a reply you have to sign up. It is a classic bait ans switch con. So then, having paid, you do a search and such and most profiles are fake or are people who put up a profile but had not subscribed yet so can't even get back to you anyway. I have heard back from about 4 real people and got sent messages from all kinds of scammers, saying they are men when they weren't and asking me to text them, which I didn't. It pisses me off to no end that this business is allowed to exist at all! Taking your money and allowing all the con artists and god knows what they are on there. Fraudulent! Stay Away!

nicolem44
4/13/15

I joined on April 9th and got no responses from anyone that met my criteria. Instead, I got contacted and matched with men who were outside of my age, distance and race preferences. I was even contacted by people with fake profiles. My experience was horrible.

I tried for a week, to see if there would be any improvement, but there wasn't so I contacted their lousy customer service to cancel. I was also charged $77 for three months of service. When I called to see about a refund, even for two of the three months, they refused. I even spoke with a supervisor. Still no success.

DO NOT USE THIS SITE! It is horrible and they will not refund your money.

mahyc
4/13/15

I convinced my friend to sign up with match.com 3 weeks ago. I paid for her subscription in an effort to get her started. Over the past 3 weeks we've sat down together to look through profiles etc. They are all fake profiles. They use the same language in the text, some are insulting and some just plain make your skin crawl. I helped her respond to the couple that seemed real, much to our surprise, once she responded, their profiles disappeared. I called match.com and asked for a refund (I had paid for a 6-month subscription). I spoke to a supervisor, Kevin F. (who refused to provide his last name), who apparently was only capable of repeating that match.com does not provide refunds. He didn't try to defend the site or apologize for our negative experience. He also claimed there was no one above him to speak to. I asked him why they don't stand behind their product or care about their customers and guess what he said...yes, he said "we do not offer refunds". There you go, save your money and do not join this site.

annef22
4/10/15

Biggest mistake of my life. Fake profiles and full of scammers. Stay as far away from Match as you can.

charlesm84
4/8/15

I see all the people complaining about match. Trust me: There are worse sites for sure! Match might not be as good as sites like mingle2day etc, but it is worth more than 1 star rating for sure!!!!

jays313
4/5/15

fake profiles with beautiful profile pics that just so happen to live next door to you. rofl! gtfo! another scam.. do not respond to those messages. It may look like a hot model but it's a computer that generates spam and collects info.

rossa15
4/4/15

I have subscribed to Match.com a few times. To be honest I really don't like the company, they are almost impossible to contact when there is a problem. I really don't like the way they automatically roll over your subscription even if you only want it for a month. Instead of giving you the option to JUST have one month, you have to remember when your subscription ends and then stop them from renewing it. Awful way of treating your customers! If every company did that we would spend all our time trying to work out how to stop being billed. And Match don't make it obvious, you have to dig through their website to find the option. God help you if you actually want to PHONE or EMAIL them. I had to Google for an email address and even then I just found a contact form. I couldn't find a phone number.

My most recent run in with them leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth again. They advertised for a comedy night event and said that tickets were reduced from £17 to £12 and you could bring a friend. I invited a friend and said I would book the tickets. I tried to pay for two tickets at once but it didn't give me that option. I paid for the first ticket and then clicked on the button to add a friend and ONLY THEN did it tell me it was £17 for the friend. I have a screen grab, I can show you. Terribly misleading. True, Match did say:

"As such please note that we are unable to issue a £5 with regards to the ticket that you have bought for your friend. However you may write us back to request for a full refund for both tickets. "

However their offer of a full refund is not the point, I am annoyed that they basically conned me (and no doubt others). I want to go to the event, what I don't want is to be tricked into paying more than advertised! I want prices to be clear, not misleading and I cannot understand how they could possibly think it was anything less than misleading. Note also that they expect me to "write" to them, I can't phone them, everything is on their terms, forget the customer and how they have been misled!

A terrible way to treat customers.

Just to add to this (a week or so later). Match showed me a helpful little box that said "get your free personality report." Of course they want you to think that it is going to help you broaden your chances with your Match profile by gathering more information for your potential date. What it REALLY is is an UNDERHANDED way to get you to sign up with their sister site Match Affinity! This works just like eHarmony, by your values and interests rather than what you look like. Why can't they just be up front and say "would you like to try our other site"? I'll tell you why, it's because they want to trick you into signing up because that's the only way it looks like they have a broad user base. Downright deceptive. The worst thing is, when you have finished asnwering a LOT of questions they then keep sending you all sorts of alert emails until you turn them off! I had 3 in the space of 15 minutes! A totally crap company!

April 2015:
Here is something else I don't like. You get notifications from Match telling you someone is "interested" in you, but when you look they are listed under "views." Now I don't know about you, but if I view someone, it doesn't automatically mean I am interested! If I look at someone the size of a truck with the face of the back of a bus, does that mean I am "interested" in them?! I think not. Just another devious tactic by Match. They must be desperate, I mean to think that there are tens of thousands living in my immediate area and I must have seen no more than 10-20 on Match! Doesn't say a lot for its popularity does it!

Tip for consumers: It's a waste of money, far too few people use it and Match are devious in their marketing. The old fashioned way is far more effective!

lorir29
4/4/15

Honestly no different than the free sites.

doohickyg
4/1/15

It seems Match.com has so many affiliates they want you to purchase from, they are willing to abuse your trust (and inbox) at any cost. For example:
I signed on for a 'Free' ride to see what the fuss was about. Instantly I was receiving 15 to 20 spam mails a day! When I reported this to Match.com, they said, "We'll fix that right away, Sir." In all actuality, they did nothing. Still, to this day I receive spam from Match.com affiliates yet I'm no member.
NO STARS!!!!!
I do not support any company that turns it's hounds loose on every new customer that walks through the door, hoping to tear every last shred of paper money from their pockets before discarding them in a heap. I do not support a company whose customer service representatives are told to lie to the customers when they need assistance. And, I do not support greedy companies who say one thing and do the opposite. They need to be shown the door, and told to go!

Tip for consumers: PUT THE MOUSE DOWN AND BACK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER

stephf6
4/1/15

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE, DISRESPECTFUL $#*!S.

Tip for consumers: YOUR SUPERVISORS NEED TRAINING ON HOW TO SPEAK TO THEIR CONSUMERS.

louisb47
3/31/15

Bigest bull site I ever saw every time try just want more money hate it wish I would had done the way this site sucks

kbb1
3/31/15

I signed up for a one month membership, as I've had decent experiences w/ Match in the past. However, they charged me for a 3 month membership. As soon as I realized - approx 3 days after joining - I emailed and told them to give me a refund. It's a $48 difference, and I didn't budget for that. They said since I had sent emails, they could not refund me. They gave me $20 back, but that's not good enough! I told them I just want the difference back - but they still refused. I'm so sick of corrupt $ practices online. Is there nothing we can do?
I canceled my membership completely today. I have no access, even for the month.
Also, while they would not refund me, they cut my membership back to one month - wtf?

Tip for consumers: DO NOT PAY THEM ANYTHING!!! Go to a free site or at least a site with honest business practices.

maysema
3/30/15

After having a terrible experience for 6 months, and payment was automatically processed for the next 6 months, I called to get my money refunded. I was told to suspend future payments and deactive the profile which I did and did not use the site. However, the refund was never issued and now I'm being told that it won't! If you're looking for something/someone specific, do NOT bother with this site. Not only is the customer serivce terrible, the options for matchs are not there!

martoj
3/25/15

This site is junk. It was recommended to me by friend and since October 2014 I am proud member of Match. Unfortunately for more than 6 months only two real dates appeared. More than hundreds emails were sent and most of them looks like went to the empty space.. I know I am ass ugly but so bad luck... c'mon. Interesting thing happens a girl liked my picture and when I wrote her she deleted her profile. You will notice also that most of the profiles have couple of sentences and they look pretty the same.

kseniak2
3/20/15

Match.com is a total scam!!
Be ready to call them as soon as u subscribed to cancel your membership that u wont be change after renewal! Because once they charged you there policy is no refund policy!! I live in NY and im shocked that yesterday the company charged me 88$ for the next 3 month, today i noticed it and called them up to cancel and get a refund and they basically told me to $#*! off. It is outrageous that they wont give me no full no partial refund! Their response was- You've been using our website for a DAY !!.. WTF.. So charge me a dollar for it and give me the refund of 87$ , will you? Nope, no refunds. I would love to see where the ratings are coming from that Match.com is the number 1 dating website? im a customer and im not satisfied w matches and customer support and there is no Yelp or Zagat to rate it

tanyan2
3/16/15

They are a scam..I recently thought bought joining and thought they would charge my account by month so when I got to the preview page and saw it was gona charge my account the full100.00 I didn't continue the transaction ....they say I did authorize it n I did not and now say I have sent emails to people and I have not ...I have cancelled everything been trying to get a refund since it came out of my account yesterday but they say they will not refund me anything it hasn't even been 24 hours since they took my money

samg49
3/11/15

I've been on match since October and haven't had any luck! Almost no messages and no date at all. Should have stayed with mingle2day.com. Where is my time machine? :D

linaf1
3/10/15

Signed for a month paying more money because I just wanted to try amount. I never read, see, or listen about their authomatic renewal membership system. They charge $42.63 again and when I call their customers service they were rude and didn't give me the money back because basically they renewal the payment without your permission and you can't do anything about it.
They close the phone and roll me they will not give my money back

adamn25
3/7/15

I like this site have met some females on here, the fees are tad high though...but would say Match.com and uDates.net are my two most favorite sites though.

robertr107
3/2/15

I just signed on SiteJabber to post this review.

DO NOT USE match.com. All there is on there are scammers. I signed up 3 days ago and ALL of the people I met say they are in Ghana. Even a profile that was listed as close to me stated that they were in Ghana. I'm calling them to cancel my subscription and request my money back If they ask why I'm cancelling, I will flatly say"your site is all scammers. You need to clean those out.: If they refuse, I will go to the media and expose them. I live in the nation 3rd biggest television market. When that report airs, I'm going to record it on my DVR and post it on YouTube. THEY WILL PAY one way or another.

UPDATE: March 2, 2015 9:45 A.M.I called match.com and asked for a refund. Having read the reviews, I expected what happened. They said that they couldn't police all the members, yada yada yada, and they refused to refund my money. I calmly said "Thank you" when I REALLY wanted to use another work that ended in k rather than "thank" but like Arthur Fonzerelli I kept my cool. I hung up and IMMEDIATELY called the local CBS station (KPIX). The outgoing message said that calls are returned between 11 AM to 1 PM Monday. through Friday. I left my story. Now we'll have to see what happens next. I'll update here.....stay tuned.

UPDATE 04/06/15 Well, I just got a call from KPIX today. They want to do the story. YEAH!!! Match.com, I'm coming after ya!!! Film at 11.

Tip for consumers: If you want to throw away money, flush it down the toilet. You'll get more enjoyment doing that than on this site.

wendyj15
2/28/15

Just fyi...my husband and I have decided to divorce. Howevever no papers have been signed yet. Yet somehow he has been able to post on match,com for several months now that he is divorced and new to the dating scene. Be careful who you are choosing to date on the website because obviously they are able to lie in their profile and no one is doing a check to verify their marital status.

Tip for consumers: If really looking for a good relationship use a website that verifies marital status....

michaelw126
2/28/15

I would have to say my experiences on this site are mixed. After learning how to sort through the scammers and fake profiles, and sending out a lot of emails that were not responded to, I did manage to get quite a few dates. These went really well at first and I was even in a brief relationship, but most of the women seem to have various types of mental health issues that take a while to manifest. It has been a roller coaster of getting my hopes up about someone only to find out that there are barriers due to underlying "issues" that they have. This is not the site's fault but may be endemic to the types of people who tend to use it. The old fashioned way of finding dates, ie. getting involved in some type of activity and meeting the people who are interested in that which you will then have in common, may be the best approach after all.

daniell459
2/28/15

As bad or worse than the rest of dating sites.

karens93
2/27/15

Very expense. You are immediately overwhelmed by fake profile contacts and phishers. They become very easy to identify, they all have basically identical scripts they seem to follow and they all have the same grammatical errors. You are drowning in them. You contact their customer service who says sorry, but you responded to one so now you cannot get a refund because you used the site. THIS SITE IS A RIPOFF - DO NOT USE IT

Tip for consumers: do not even bother with this site

stefanoc7
2/25/15

Match.com is borderline scam! They offered me a free upgrade that meant that my auto-renewal got re-enabled and I ended up paying even more than last month because of the upgrade. I think it comes down to me not reading well enough, anyway I'm 100% convinced that a serious website just wouldn't do this. It's the same kind of trick they try to pull when they tell you that you have to wait 24h before disabling the auto-renewal, tricks to make you forget!
I've immediately contacted the customer service that beside being polite didn't give in an inch, I tried to push even too hard for my taste but still nothing.
I don't dislike the website itself, it's just not great! I'm a web developer and it's simply outdated I guess. Also if you think that you are gonna sign in and find the love of your life try and be realistic: ain't that easy.

Tip for consumers: OkCupid has way more features and much better made.

nancyb74
2/24/15

I signed up for the free 72 hour trial subscription. Of course they want your credit card number dating that if you Cancel within 72 hours your credit card won't be charged!!! I Canceled in less than 48 hours only to find out that MATCH. COM HAD CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD $129 "AS SOON AS I SIGNED UP"!!!! I called Match. Com & they ASSURED ME THEY'D CREDIT MY MASTERCARD!!!!! THAT'S BEEN A YEAR AGO THIS MONTH & I THEY STILL HAVEN'T REFUNDED MY MONEY!!!!!!! MY ADVICE TO ANYONE OUT THERE CONSIDERING THIS "SCAM"....DO NOT DO IT!!!!!

amandar38
2/24/15

Hideous hideous hideous experience. DON'T BOTHER! So many fake (male) profiles of people trying to enter the UK and preying on women to help them. Lots of profiles with terrible spelling and grammar or just weird phrasing, let that be your first clue. Secondly, they are 'never married' and don't have any children (usually). They tell you that they are disappointed with the site and immediately want to exchange email/phone numbers. Don't do it. They will have used very handsome photos not of themselves too. Then when you want to cancel your subscription guess what, you are told to log onto the site homepage and when you do lo and behold, no connection to the server, over and over again, even though you can download any other page! This is obviously designed so that you give up or forget and they extract another payment from you. I just called them to tell them all this, Lesley hung up on me! Great! So, if you do want to leave you need to call 0203 0596494. This is another business built on greed and dishonesty.

Tip for consumers: Beware of scammers (males who can't spell or use odd phrasing) beware of match.com UK who do everything in their power to not let you leave.

deniser13
2/20/15

I signed up for three months based on all the hype. So far it's been terrible. The quality of men on the site is not good. I have been on free sites with much better success. Definitely will not renew subscription.

kt35
2/20/15

The service Match offers is fine and does what it says it will do. The problem I have with it (and others have had same problem because we compare notes) is that years after you have deactivated your account and closed it every way possible via the site, you will still be seen by others who are active on the site, they can still write you (and think you aren't answering) and friends will walk up to you on the street and say they saw you on dating site (causing problems for you and your partner whom you are currently dating). Apparently there is no way to get them to stop posting your profile and pictures AS IF you are still active on the site.

robertr96
2/15/15

I really have nothing against Match.com, truthfully! It is a nice site. Still, there are some alternatives if you haven't been lucky.Try Mingle2day.com, which is an amazing and very well designed site.

Problem with match.com is that i find they charge far too much i hope they will lower the prices someday.

andread35
2/14/15

I've been on this site since December and haven't had any luck; barely any messages received, and no dates. Ill recieve plenty of "winks" and "likes," but no messages. I have no problem messaging a guy first but never have I even received a response back from anybody. I know that I am an attractive person with a great job and a good head on my shoulders, so I am not at all satisfied with match.

amyw67
2/12/15

Match.com refuses to allow you to suspend your account due to the death of a close family member. You can hide your profile or cancel but they still keep all the money. They are a heartless company with no respect for humanity.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it!

jayg46
2/11/15

i just want to make this clear , YES match.com are 100 % going to go to all lengths to get you to sign up and screw you with all types of lies to keep charging your card worse then probably any company you have ever delt with in ur life. I'm 29 years old and match.com is so bad this is my first time ever writing reviews online. I also need to make this clear if you are not subscribed and are receiving tons of interest its NOT REAL. I would even go as far as saying 95 % is fake. Here are my stats after being a member for an entire year ... I was "viewed" 3645 times ( by who or what i don't know ) but after an entire year i only had conversations with roughly 10-12 girls , i actually got a date with 3 of them ( sadly all 3 of these girls were fresh out of relationships and were def on the re bound ) i messaged probably at least 100 women and 5 actually responded. At one point i did start to feel insecure like whats going on ? Ive never really had that hard of a time with women and I'm fully aware rejection is just a part of the process but once it hit really high numbers aka ( less then 1 % ever responded ) i knew something was up. Its all fake , a ton of those profiles are inactive and they say the people had been recently online , honestly i don't even think someone was actually really " reading " my messages either. not to mention i had a ok cupid account and pof while on match , i got ignored 10 times more on match then pof and ok cupid combined . oh and this was just another interesting experience i also had while on match, there was a girl i was talking to on match and it didn't really go anywhere , one day I'm on pof and i see the same girl so i figured what the hell we could have a laugh cuz we were both on pof . Turns out i message this girl on pof and she has no clue who i am and swears she never has had a match profile. So if this was a catfish scenario who knows but this is just a perfect example of what to expect on match.com or any dating app for that matter. If you also had bad luck on match don't beat yourself up , it wasn't you it was match.com ( you know the ones you gave money to )

tarthv
2/10/15

This website weasels you into buying a subscription and then you are unable to talk to anyone unless they purchase a subscription too. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR IT. THEY REFUSE A REFUND EVEN WHEN YOU REALIZE THAT THE MAJORITY OF USERS ON THIS SITE DON'T SUBSCRIBE AND YOU CAN'T TALK TO THEM. Unfortunately I was wanting to meet someone and i fell for the scam. I'm simply writing this so no one else does.

giusepper3
2/10/15

I don't have a problem with this site because I can't get a date. I can't really blame people for their tastes. I can do just as bad off line. A problem I have is that it isn't properly set to find people in my area. I put my zip code and it shows me more people in a different state than in my own. When I'm in a different area, it tries to find me matches based on that area, but still too far from where I'm looking for.
A lot of people told me it is worth trying out. I'm nearly 6 months in, and still no match. Again, I can blame others for their tastes, but the site can do better at matching me with more people closer to my area.

julieg40
2/5/15

Bait n switch! Out 120.00!

Selected the one month 35.99 option. The price showed in the right upper box and i entered my card info. The site charged me 120.00 for six month service and ALL the extra services! I called less than 24 hours later, got a rude lady over seas and told me she could not give any refund what so ever. This site is no longer in the us but farmed over seas. You will not get a refund and they will switch your selected one month membership to their default 6 month and you will get no where calling them. And ive been a member of this site off and on for NINE years. I no longer trust this company

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I am very disappointed with having joined a week ago. The matches are not in line with what I have requested on my profile. I have received very little responses from what appears as active prospects. I would like to cancel my membership. I was a member back in 2004 and found it very successful and nothing to compare with my experience this time. I would like my questions answered… Thank you for your time. Terri179
Answer
markk53
A: You will have a hard time getting your money back Terri. The first time I was with them years ago, I forgot the auto renewal and tried to get my money back and they fought me tooth and nail. This time I tried both Ourtime and Match and both experiences were not good though Ourtime was a bit better. I agree with some of the answers here that Match baits you toward the end of your subscription with possible contacts, but since I cannot proof that I have to add that disclaimer. Everything you have run into with your experience I have had with mine.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I was a member of Match.com for 12 years, YES 12 YEARS. About a week ago, I tried to log onto their site, and got a message that my account had been blocked. I called and asked why. I was told that I violated some terms of their agreements with their members, but they're not allowed to disclose the reason. If I wanted to know, I would have to get a subpoena. I know what I did NOT do. I did NOT do any of the following on their site:

Threaten anyone
Use profanity
Attempt to scam anyone out of money
Send naked pictures
Use other people's pictures and claim them to be mine.
Use old pictures
Lie about details on my profile.

Several times I asked if they could reconsider their issue with me since I have been a member in good standing for 12 years, and reinstate my membership. I was always told no.
So does anyone have any suggestions?
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

1 Coupon for Match.com

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Match.com to save!
Go to Match.com