US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chuckk5

They are a very poor company and their customer service sucks. (in 41 reviews)

martoj

Unfortunately for more than 6 months only two real dates appeared. (in 20 reviews)

marym128

I have been on the site for 3 months at a time for about every 9 months. (in 16 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kevint47
7/2/15

Maybe thats a clever play on words and maybe its all too real.

Consider, a year ago I tried the free version just to look around and get a feel for the site. I uploaded an image of myself that in all honesty broke records. I have the site notify emails to prove it.

It was the MOST LIKED image for: 1) an hour, 2) a day, 3) a week, & 4) a month for my category.

So with all those hundreds and hundreds of LIKES, that certainly brought me a mailbox FULL OF MESSAGES RIGHT?

I mean then I would HAVE to buy a membership to read them. Thats not exactly what happened. In fact what did happen still creeps me out.

You can see my icon image here so I am not some weirdo looking guy. Although this is not the image I used at match its a good picture and should at least get positive responses. That other one should have overflowed my inbox.

However what did happen was on a SCHEDULE, and I mean AN EXACT SCHEDULE, of every so many hours + a day timed one as well .....

I would get a site notification that SOME ONE WANTED TO MEET ME.

Well I would look up that person by name on the site and would ALWAYS GET A NOTICE: THIS PERSONS ACCOUNT DOES NOT EXIST.

On time I tried this only seconds after the notification came. OH MY.

So I began researching the ownership group behind this mega match conglomerate. And what I found was not so good. In fact there is a literal CARTEL behind all these online sites and they COOPERATE among themselves via SHARING DATA AND USER INFO DATA BASES.

Careful examination of match revealed that upwards of 60% OF ALL PROFILES THERE ARE LAB CREATED aka BOTS.

And there is a highly sohisticated software package that based on a timer and also certain real user account actions....

will AUTO NOTIFY YOU IN ORDER TO MOTIVATE YOU TO A PAYING STATUS. This includes staff created messages and system created ones.

Its sad to me because there are probably 30 MILLION professional and/or educated people in the US alone that are legitimately trying to find a mate.

This includes both men & women. Its really sad also that NO GOVERNMENT CONSUMER PROTECTION AGENCY WILL WEIGH IN ON THIS AND BEGIN IMPOSING REGULATIONS.

Please do not confuse NET NEUTRALITY WITH LAWLESSNESS. Billions of dollars anually are spent towards online dating, meeting, matching, and sex hookup sites.

THIS STUFF IS AS POWERFUL AND ADDICTING A DRUG AS ANYTHING COMING OUT OF COLUMBIA.

So watch yourself. This is not a woman or man thing. ITS A PEOPLE THING and it will get you.

-k

sharin5
6/25/15

They send you people that are interested but they havent been on the site since their free trial is over. I complained and they sent me ssupposed proof of notes sent to me from the last ten years. I did a free trial then. So i actually paid and its same guy that are on free plenty of fish and 99 percent of the profiles are even real or active members they send matches from that pool. They say that shouldnt happen all lies 3 months havent for one real live person. Huge waste of money.

johns912
6/22/15

I recently modified my profile adding some verbiage to the 'my words' section. This is the section where you are free to write what you like. What I added was simple non-offensive and not against any rules. To my astonishment I found that during their review the match reviewer REMOVED WHOLE SECTIONS of text which I HAD NOT EVEN TOUCHED even touched in my editing. The removed text was not even close to where I had added text.

I would, as most would, have expected that the match review process concentrates solely
on words and added text. I was dumbfounded and upset when I found that they(match) had removed pre-existing text in my profile that had been there for many versions.

To all be aware of this!!!. Backup ALL of your verbiage/text as the match hacks may indeed hack text you took time and consideration in writing and not simply on what your most recent changes were.

Adding frustration is the fact that the editors or match provides no indication of what text they chose, for god knows what reasons, to remove. Also adding to my frustration is there is no challenging what was removed.

I find match very unfriendly, uncaring, and reckless in what it does. I am looking at POF as I am tired of match looking out for its best interests without any regard to the members who pay the bills.

brianb73
6/18/15

They say you can join for free, so they can claim more members, but you can't do NOTHING. You can wink, but if you get a reply back, break out your visa, because it's the only way you can read it. Another one is this girl just made you her favorite, and you click on it to see who, and it brings you to the join now page. If you do join, allot of the members you want to say hi to or chat are those free members that can't get back to you. They want you to join for free, which you can't do nothing but make them look great for having the most members. I would like to know what percentage is real members, 30%?

snowballerw
6/18/15

I was one of the better profiles on match.com and they kept my status as online. Even when I logged out, turned off my phone and computer, disconnected my internet, my friend said I was still online. When I mentioned this in my profile, match.com removed the entire comment about keeping the better profiles online. Sounds like proof enough that match.com is doing this to entice more users to pay and not because there are legitimate people actually online.

markd97
6/16/15

why do the women do not respond to me when I match what they are looking for? I sent over 400 E-mails and only got 14 responses (10 were SCAMMERS)

louisea11
6/16/15

PLEASE DO NOT JOIN THIS DATING SITE. I joined and paid by $77 plus, however after realizing that I was being asked constantly to update to read email responses, I realized I had been taken. I am a senior on a fixed income and the enrollment too ALL OF MY SAVINGS. After several requests for a refund, a 'manager' called me back. He was totally unsympathetic and had no compassion or understanding of my situation. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM my friends. Try a free site like PLENTY OF FISH. Namaste.

natep2
6/15/15

I would have been better off taking the money I spent on my Match subscription and handing it out to random girls on the street in exchange for their number.

abbec
6/13/15

Don't waste your money. It's a gimmick. The site is full of scammers and Match puts their members at risk for being hacked and having their financial accounts compromised by these scammers. Match does nothing about it, yet it is easy to recognize a scammer's profile if you have been on for a bit.

There should be a law suit against them. They own OK Cupid and Our Time and situation on those sites is the same. Match should hang it's corporate head in shame.

arnoldb35
6/12/15

Don't bother. You're paying to have women ignore you.

robertc153
6/12/15

At first I thought I was accepting a discounted membership for a subscription. I quickly learned my membership which I had every intention of cancelling was extended. ($96 total) I called customer service and was told "Subscription fees are NON refundable!!!" WHAT? VERY SHADY!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor... no surprise ...non available! It seems Marlene, Eralis and Sharalyn were all on break together??? I'm then told to call back within 45 minutes??? Play phone tag...or whatever because Match.Com doesn't return calls. Then after waiting on hold ...I'm told I'll get a partial refund. So, in other words my elevated BP could probably been avoided? All the rep had to do was provide GOOD customer service. Gee ...is that so hard? Now I have to spend more of my valuable time trying to get my hard earned money back ...that was so underhandedly stolen from me. Not to mention the time it will take on social media to make other innocent customer aware of the shady tactics MATCH.COM uses. THANKS A LOT MATCH.COM for the trickery and horrible customer service.

billb121
6/9/15

Most matches are not current members and cannot read our reply to you without paying for a new membership. Plenty of shady billing practices too.

donnaj16
6/9/15

It took a few tries but ended up finding my husband on Match.com Very Happy!

rodw8
6/8/15

match.com takes your money in the trail. You can't then reach them and ask them to give it back there's a lot of scams non real people on here helping further the cyber theft problem

claireh31
6/2/15

The site is full of scammers. How can you tell? Well, usually, the scammer will have only one photo posted (sometimes with a child) and he (or she) will be widowed. Their essays are canned as sound really flowery, like they should be on a Hallmark getting card. And, if you do strike up a correspondence, their emails will be loaded with spelling and grammatical errors which is indicative that English is not their first language. And they will always tell you that their account is about to expire and could you email them at joeblowatyahoodotcom. I swear all of there idiot scammers use Yahoo and they ALWAYS spell out their email addresses verbatim. Morons. Also Match does use "dead" profiles to entice people to join. I know someone em who once worked there and was told that this was common practice at Match.

brittanym25
6/2/15

If I could rate them a zero I would.
I recently signed up for match.com after my friends had convinced me to do it. I did the 7 day free trial then saw something for a 6 month subscription. It said $19.99 for 6 months. Then it had $119 (and some change) for the subscription. So I thought I'd be charged $19.99 each month for 6 months. Boy was I wrong they charge you the full price up front. I've called and spoke to at least four people and they said it's a black and white matter, I sent one email, and it's in the terms and conditions they can't refund me. Let's be honest no one reads the terms and conditions (now I will) afterwards I read them and it says nothing about what the representatives are saying unless I'm missing the section. I said I'd take half the money it's not like I used the site for three weeks and decided I didn't want to be charged, I sent one email noticed it was all charged at once and immediately cancelled the subscription, it wasn't even a day be being subscribed and they won't do anything about it. The supervisors are very unprofessional, have no type of compassion, and cut you off when you're talking. I've told them I feel like it's false advertisement that they have $19.99 for 6 months when in reality they don't mean that. The man said it says $119 and I'm entitled to my opinion. It doesn't specify enough if you're being charged the full amount or what. I think that they shouldn't be allowed to say that on their website if that's not what you're truly being charged and specify which amount you're being charged. I'm sure I'm not the only person who thought I'd be charged over a 6 month period. I've contacted my bank and they said once their charges clear my account they'll try to help me dispute it and I hope something can be done.

andreask8
6/2/15

Hi! This is Andreas from Germany!

Match is one of the better sites you will find when it comes to dating. Maybe even the second best dating site I know after Mingle2day, followed by only a few of other general dating sites.

There are 100s and 1000s of general dating sites but most of them are not legit and reliable. Match is also not perfect and might have some issues but trust me that the "competitors" are hardly any better, with exception for mentioned Mingle2day and maybe FriendFinder24.com.

I see that many singles are complaining about Match because for several reasons. But once you learn how to use online dating you will be fine. There might be only mingle2day as an alternative to match becasue this site is really huge and reliable!

Regards - Andreas

marshas8
5/31/15

Do not attend any of the Match Mixers. They are a scam, over priced and never give refunds once they get your money.

I am so angry at the misrepresentation and have written to Match three times only to be told they never give refunds.

Also, I am not impressed with the contact. The pictures are of handsome men that look younger than their years but all either live long distance or to not follow through with a meeting.

This site truly is a rip off!!!

dlaijnes
5/20/15

When I cancelled, there WAS a 'hidden' "do not automatically renew" which I selected. After about 2 years, I wound up SCREAMING at a match.com representative to cancel my subscription.
They bold-faced (though I couldn't see the face) LIED to me. If my husband drops dead tomorrow, (didn't meet on match), I'm going to eHarmony.
Never again. NEVER (something I can say with complete confidence)

jackyr2
5/17/15

In short, took someone out from their site and did not even kiss them good night because I knew I was not interested. However, she got mad at me because I did not want to go out again and after multiple hateful texts from her, I also get informed by Match.com that they are blocking my account with no refund. They won't provide me with a reason and even when they try to send links to their policies, they won't open. I find it humorous that Match claims to have some more concerns for their customers welfare and yet, they allow a scorned person to have so much control.

scottc67
5/12/15

I would strongly advise anyone joining this site to wAtch this Auto Renewal subscription. Even when cancelling I wS stunned to see £60 taken with a claim that I clicked a pop up asking for £9 upgrade which there is no proof. To prove I'm not slamming the company I won't say don't join so it does not effect there money making/business. However I would say do not do a monthly instalment payment scheme as its a rip off. Be Warned.

roberts243
5/11/15

My account has been hacked and i can't get ahold of anyone at match.com. There goes the money.

iranr
5/9/15

Think again before you pay a penny on this site. There is no one to help you with any problems you may have and there is no expert matching either. Worse yet most registered users are not really members so they can't respond to your emails unless they pay. Horrible idea, totally useless for dating. I have better luck at church meeting people.

nicholasj9
5/7/15

The idea is that you are paying money for top notch service right? Okcupid is free and operates with a better format. I imagine any other dating site has a better format because Match.com is horribly laid out. On top of that, they are more set on getting your money than actually being a dating site. Figure this out after you bought a membership? Hope you figured it out before sending a message, or NOPE, NO REFUND. So basically, they sell you a $#*! service and then when you quickly realize they have done so they won't refund your money because you used their $#*! service which you wouldn't have known was $#*! till you used it. Then you are stuck with how ever many months you paid for. They are nice enough to cancel your auto renewal though. Let that sink in. "Hey, we are keeping your money even though you are clearly dissatisfied with us on an operations level and what we provide, but I tell you what, we won't automatically take more of your money like we were going to". Shady as $#*!.

roberts238
5/3/15

Match.com is most likely the biggest online dating site available. It is really a legit and reliable dating site but once you are as popular as match.com you have many low quality profiles as well. Regarding quality (and price) I found mingle2day.com much, much better.

Still, Match.com is one of the few legit places to go.

terrim19
5/2/15

I reported illegitimate matches and scammers almost immediately after signing up for the service. I requested to cancel my subscription and refund my money and Match refused. I continue to be sent "matches" but very few actually 'match' my requested demographics.

richardb146
4/26/15

Match: Do not use this service. The matches are not legitimate. Impossible to contact customer service. Difficult to unsubscribe. Run don't walk away from this site.

donnab53
4/25/15

Joined this site 6 months ago. Got the distinct impression most of the members that contacted me were not "real" people. Was contacted by scammers 3 times & when I hit the "do not renew" it renewed me anyway! Evidently u have to do something else to cancel your membership besides WHAT their site tells u to do, as it was explained to me by their inept customer service. I was so angry that I didn't here what that second statement was. When I argued and demanded a refund (2 days later since the last day was on a weekend and their customer service is closed over weekends) Their only explanation for no refund is "it is our policy". This site should be SHUT down!

tracyb54
4/18/15

Continue to be charged for a cancelled subscription. Try and find a contact number, good luck. When you sign up they hold your credit card number and will continue to auto renew even after you cancell.

desirees4
4/17/15

I find it ethical to charge someone £30 when only six people are available in my search criteria and believe me when I say that I do NOT HAVE endless boxes ticked? This is absolutely disgraceful!

jasonh68
4/17/15

I had high hopes with this site and I gave it plenty of time - over a year. But I just had no success with it. And maybe it's more of my options in my location. Either way, I only went on a couple dates. Every person they matched me with I was just not attracted to. Or 4 of the 10 daily matches had 0 pictures. It was time consuming and disappointing for me.

jamesk82
4/15/15

THEY ARE FAKE THEY SENT FAKE NOTIFICATION OF ROBOT PROFILES THAT THEY ARE INTERESTED ON MY PROFILE, AFTER MAKING A PAYMENT TO SEE THOSE PROFILES , IMMEDIATELY I PAID, ALL THE 300 PROFILES GOT DISAPPEARED ... WRONG DATING SITE
My email to them..................................................
You don't want me on match.com but you want my money on match.com.

Please refund my money back to me, was it a crime sending multiple messages such as 'how are you doing? Or "hello" or "hi "to those who looked at my profile, I am not on match.com to flirt... Has anyone said I threaten them? or harass them, has anyone reported me that I did sometime wrong to them or do silly stuff nude pictures etc.,

I am not pleading to come back to match.com all I need is my 42.99 give me my money back... You have forged me with your website alert sending me a fake notification that I had 300 people looking for me... Please refund my money to my PayPal account because I work hard to get my money,

You cannot hold my money for service you don't offer me, if you don't want me in on your website then kindly refund me payment.

firstnamel6
4/14/15

I wish I had read all the terrible reviews on this site and others, before I had signed up for 3 months. Gone is 76.00 and nothing whatsoever to show for it. Match.com lures you into looking at profiles and sending an email which forces the other person to reply (if that person is even real, most are not), so to read a reply you have to sign up. It is a classic bait ans switch con. So then, having paid, you do a search and such and most profiles are fake or are people who put up a profile but had not subscribed yet so can't even get back to you anyway. I have heard back from about 4 real people and got sent messages from all kinds of scammers, saying they are men when they weren't and asking me to text them, which I didn't. It pisses me off to no end that this business is allowed to exist at all! Taking your money and allowing all the con artists and god knows what they are on there. Fraudulent! Stay Away! And in addition to that, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau - find them online, it will ask you which location/chapter, go to Dallas, TX as this is where match.com corporate headquarters are at. Go there and file a complaint. If everyone does this maybe they will finally investigate and shut them down!

nicolem44
4/13/15

I joined on April 9th and got no responses from anyone that met my criteria. Instead, I got contacted and matched with men who were outside of my age, distance and race preferences. I was even contacted by people with fake profiles. My experience was horrible.

I tried for a week, to see if there would be any improvement, but there wasn't so I contacted their lousy customer service to cancel. I was also charged $77 for three months of service. When I called to see about a refund, even for two of the three months, they refused. I even spoke with a supervisor. Still no success.

DO NOT USE THIS SITE! It is horrible and they will not refund your money.

mahyc
4/13/15

I convinced my friend to sign up with match.com 3 weeks ago. I paid for her subscription in an effort to get her started. Over the past 3 weeks we've sat down together to look through profiles etc. They are all fake profiles. They use the same language in the text, some are insulting and some just plain make your skin crawl. I helped her respond to the couple that seemed real, much to our surprise, once she responded, their profiles disappeared. I called match.com and asked for a refund (I had paid for a 6-month subscription). I spoke to a supervisor, Kevin F. (who refused to provide his last name), who apparently was only capable of repeating that match.com does not provide refunds. He didn't try to defend the site or apologize for our negative experience. He also claimed there was no one above him to speak to. I asked him why they don't stand behind their product or care about their customers and guess what he said...yes, he said "we do not offer refunds". There you go, save your money and do not join this site.

annef22
4/10/15

Biggest mistake of my life. Fake profiles and full of scammers. Stay as far away from Match as you can.

charlesm84
4/8/15

I see all the people complaining about match. Trust me: There are worse sites for sure! Match might not be as good as sites like mingle2day etc, but it is worth more than 1 star rating for sure!!!!

jays313
4/5/15

fake profiles with beautiful profile pics that just so happen to live next door to you. rofl! gtfo! another scam.. do not respond to those messages. It may look like a hot model but it's a computer that generates spam and collects info.

rossa15
4/4/15

I have subscribed to Match.com a few times. To be honest I really don't like the company, they are almost impossible to contact when there is a problem. I really don't like the way they automatically roll over your subscription even if you only want it for a month. Instead of giving you the option to JUST have one month, you have to remember when your subscription ends and then stop them from renewing it. Awful way of treating your customers! If every company did that we would spend all our time trying to work out how to stop being billed. And Match don't make it obvious, you have to dig through their website to find the option. God help you if you actually want to PHONE or EMAIL them. I had to Google for an email address and even then I just found a contact form. I couldn't find a phone number.

My most recent run in with them leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth again. They advertised for a comedy night event and said that tickets were reduced from £17 to £12 and you could bring a friend. I invited a friend and said I would book the tickets. I tried to pay for two tickets at once but it didn't give me that option. I paid for the first ticket and then clicked on the button to add a friend and ONLY THEN did it tell me it was £17 for the friend. I have a screen grab, I can show you. Terribly misleading. True, Match did say:

"As such please note that we are unable to issue a £5 with regards to the ticket that you have bought for your friend. However you may write us back to request for a full refund for both tickets. "

However their offer of a full refund is not the point, I am annoyed that they basically conned me (and no doubt others). I want to go to the event, what I don't want is to be tricked into paying more than advertised! I want prices to be clear, not misleading and I cannot understand how they could possibly think it was anything less than misleading. Note also that they expect me to "write" to them, I can't phone them, everything is on their terms, forget the customer and how they have been misled!

A terrible way to treat customers.

Just to add to this (a week or so later). Match showed me a helpful little box that said "get your free personality report." Of course they want you to think that it is going to help you broaden your chances with your Match profile by gathering more information for your potential date. What it REALLY is is an UNDERHANDED way to get you to sign up with their sister site Match Affinity! This works just like eHarmony, by your values and interests rather than what you look like. Why can't they just be up front and say "would you like to try our other site"? I'll tell you why, it's because they want to trick you into signing up because that's the only way it looks like they have a broad user base. Downright deceptive. The worst thing is, when you have finished asnwering a LOT of questions they then keep sending you all sorts of alert emails until you turn them off! I had 3 in the space of 15 minutes! A totally crap company!

April 2015:
Here is something else I don't like. You get notifications from Match telling you someone is "interested" in you, but when you look they are listed under "views." Now I don't know about you, but if I view someone, it doesn't automatically mean I am interested! If I look at someone the size of a truck with the face of the back of a bus, does that mean I am "interested" in them?! I think not. Just another devious tactic by Match. They must be desperate, I mean to think that there are tens of thousands living in my immediate area and I must have seen no more than 10-20 on Match! Doesn't say a lot for its popularity does it!

Tip for consumers: It's a waste of money, far too few people use it and Match are devious in their marketing. The old fashioned way is far more effective!

lorir29
4/4/15

Honestly no different than the free sites.

doohickyg
4/1/15

It seems Match.com has so many affiliates they want you to purchase from, they are willing to abuse your trust (and inbox) at any cost. For example:
I signed on for a 'Free' ride to see what the fuss was about. Instantly I was receiving 15 to 20 spam mails a day! When I reported this to Match.com, they said, "We'll fix that right away, Sir." In all actuality, they did nothing. Still, to this day I receive spam from Match.com affiliates yet I'm no member.
NO STARS!!!!!
I do not support any company that turns it's hounds loose on every new customer that walks through the door, hoping to tear every last shred of paper money from their pockets before discarding them in a heap. I do not support a company whose customer service representatives are told to lie to the customers when they need assistance. And, I do not support greedy companies who say one thing and do the opposite. They need to be shown the door, and told to go!

Tip for consumers: PUT THE MOUSE DOWN AND BACK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER

stephf6
4/1/15

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE, DISRESPECTFUL $#*!S.

Tip for consumers: YOUR SUPERVISORS NEED TRAINING ON HOW TO SPEAK TO THEIR CONSUMERS.

louisb47
3/31/15

Bigest bull site I ever saw every time try just want more money hate it wish I would had done the way this site sucks

kbb1
3/31/15

I signed up for a one month membership, as I've had decent experiences w/ Match in the past. However, they charged me for a 3 month membership. As soon as I realized - approx 3 days after joining - I emailed and told them to give me a refund. It's a $48 difference, and I didn't budget for that. They said since I had sent emails, they could not refund me. They gave me $20 back, but that's not good enough! I told them I just want the difference back - but they still refused. I'm so sick of corrupt $ practices online. Is there nothing we can do?
I canceled my membership completely today. I have no access, even for the month.
Also, while they would not refund me, they cut my membership back to one month - wtf?

Tip for consumers: DO NOT PAY THEM ANYTHING!!! Go to a free site or at least a site with honest business practices.

maysema
3/30/15

After having a terrible experience for 6 months, and payment was automatically processed for the next 6 months, I called to get my money refunded. I was told to suspend future payments and deactive the profile which I did and did not use the site. However, the refund was never issued and now I'm being told that it won't! If you're looking for something/someone specific, do NOT bother with this site. Not only is the customer serivce terrible, the options for matchs are not there!

martoj
3/25/15

This site is junk. It was recommended to me by friend and since October 2014 I am proud member of Match. Unfortunately for more than 6 months only two real dates appeared. More than hundreds emails were sent and most of them looks like went to the empty space.. I know I am ass ugly but so bad luck... c'mon. Interesting thing happens a girl liked my picture and when I wrote her she deleted her profile. You will notice also that most of the profiles have couple of sentences and they look pretty the same.

kseniak2
3/20/15

Match.com is a total scam!!
Be ready to call them as soon as u subscribed to cancel your membership that u wont be change after renewal! Because once they charged you there policy is no refund policy!! I live in NY and im shocked that yesterday the company charged me 88$ for the next 3 month, today i noticed it and called them up to cancel and get a refund and they basically told me to $#*! off. It is outrageous that they wont give me no full no partial refund! Their response was- You've been using our website for a DAY !!.. WTF.. So charge me a dollar for it and give me the refund of 87$ , will you? Nope, no refunds. I would love to see where the ratings are coming from that Match.com is the number 1 dating website? im a customer and im not satisfied w matches and customer support and there is no Yelp or Zagat to rate it

tanyan2
3/16/15

They are a scam..I recently thought bought joining and thought they would charge my account by month so when I got to the preview page and saw it was gona charge my account the full100.00 I didn't continue the transaction ....they say I did authorize it n I did not and now say I have sent emails to people and I have not ...I have cancelled everything been trying to get a refund since it came out of my account yesterday but they say they will not refund me anything it hasn't even been 24 hours since they took my money

samg49
3/11/15

I've been on match since October and haven't had any luck! Almost no messages and no date at all. Should have stayed with mingle2day.com. Where is my time machine? :D

linaf1
3/10/15

Signed for a month paying more money because I just wanted to try amount. I never read, see, or listen about their authomatic renewal membership system. They charge $42.63 again and when I call their customers service they were rude and didn't give me the money back because basically they renewal the payment without your permission and you can't do anything about it.
They close the phone and roll me they will not give my money back

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I am very disappointed with having joined a week ago. The matches are not in line with what I have requested on my profile. I have received very little responses from what appears as active prospects. I would like to cancel my membership. I was a member back in 2004 and found it very successful and nothing to compare with my experience this time. I would like my questions answered… Thank you for your time. Terri179
5/4/15
Answer
markk53
A: You will have a hard time getting your money back Terri. The first time I was with them years ago, I forgot the auto renewal and tried to get my money back and they fought me tooth and nail. This time I tried both Ourtime and Match and both experiences were not good though Ourtime was a bit better. I agree with some of the answers here that Match baits you toward the end of your subscription with possible contacts, but since I cannot proof that I have to add that disclaimer. Everything you have run into with your experience I have had with mine.
5/6/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I was a member of Match.com for 12 years, YES 12 YEARS. About a week ago, I tried to log onto their site, and got a message that my account had been blocked. I called and asked why. I was told that I violated some terms of their agreements with their members, but they're not allowed to disclose the reason. If I wanted to know, I would have to get a subpoena. I know what I did NOT do. I did NOT do any of the following on their site:

Threaten anyone
Use profanity
Attempt to scam anyone out of money
Send naked pictures
Use other people's pictures and claim them to be mine.
Use old pictures
Lie about details on my profile.

Several times I asked if they could reconsider their issue with me since I have been a member in good standing for 12 years, and reinstate my membership. I was always told no.
So does anyone have any suggestions?
5/8/15
Answer
marshas8
A: Mark, 12 years and not met someone long term? Guess that supports that it does not really work.
6/1/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

1 Coupon for Match.com

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Match.com to save!
Go to Match.com