US Government's NSF

Hostmaster@match.com

136 Reviews for Match.com

Review Highlights

reneeg

Not good site, charges, and costly to not meet good people.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

susanm87
9/9/14

I STRONGLY ADVISE TO AVID THIS SITE AT ALL COSTS.
This site should reconsider their policies, their apps and there customer service .
Please save yourself the money and DO NOT become a member for any reason. Ok Cupid is much better and cheaper if you want to be a member. In comparison Ok Cupid has so many more people and Match.com is the most expensive and no one is on the site. I never even check my match.com account . I made a HUGE mistake of getting 6 months thinking it would really help me find someone. They REFUSE to refund your money and only say they will be happy to take you off the auto renewal, well thanks for nothing match.com

Tip for consumers: Please save yourself the money and DO NOT become a member for any reason. Ok Cupid is much better and cheaper if you want to be a member. In comparison Ok Cupid has so many more people and Match.com is the most expensive and no one is on the site. I never even check my match.com account . I made a HUGE mistake of getting 6 months thinking it would really help me find someone. They REFUSE to refund your money and only say they will be happy to take you off the auto renewal, well thanks for nothin

mandyd4
9/8/14

A male match.com user sent me a match.com message pretty much belittling me. Telling me that I should settle. He also wrote that I sounded like I'm shopping for a guy and want the guy on sale. He goes on to say that I may not be right for any terrific guys out there because I am 32 and had to turn to match. I wrote him back telling him that I did not have to justify my dating profile and that he was being rude. I also told him I would be blocking him and reporting him. I then contact Match.com to report him to them and also try to get a refund. They REFUSED to give me a refund and when I told the customer service rep that I would be telling everyone about my horrible experience with this site (the member and customer service experience) match.com sends me an email telling me to stop or they will terminate my membership and I will not get a refund. Ummm.... they refused to give me a refund in the first place and did not take my complaint seriously. I will never again sign up with match.com and will warn everyone about them. They let men harass, bully and belittle women and then also turn their backs on the victim.

joshl35
9/4/14

When I joined it was for 1 month. I was stunned to discover how sneaky they are in taking your money. I had sent out numerous letters to women but nobody was replying back to me. I contacted customer service to ask if there may be a technical issue somewhere. I was told that unless the recipient is a FULLY paid member, she cannot open and read any mail that is sent to her even though I am a fully paid member myself. For that woman to read my mail there are two options. The first is that she pay to become a member. Option two is that I now must pay an ADDITIONAL fee per month which is $8.00 for her to read my mail. I asked the customer service rep, if I already paid for the right to send letters, why can't the recipient read them? I was told "I'm sorry sir, this is our policy". I asked where exactly is this policy statement provided on the sign up form? She remained silent and just repeated "I'm sorry sir, this is our policy".

Match.com is an extremely unethical and misleading service designed solely to mislead and steal as much money from you as possible with no refunds EVER being issued.
Please stay away from this site. It's a lie.

Tip for consumers: Read the reviews provided and understand that they are all true. Save your money. This is a criminal operation with no morals.

joannaj3
9/4/14

I am in the process of canceling. I realized it was not what I paid for after 1 day. I signed on just 2 days ago for a year bundle. I thought that the per month charge was only going to be charged each month and that I could stop it anytime within a trial period. I was charged for a whole year. Money that i can not afford...this has taken my grocery money for the month. I need a swift kick in the pants for not fully understanding how this deceitful company works at getting money from unsuspecting dopes like me. I can not read when the words are in all caps, or in gray print. I have visual problems with certain colors. I will call my bank today and they will get me results..I have a personal banker that help me and knows of my disability with fully understanding what I read. Oh and I can not read fine print, did not know there were any, until I read some of the companies reviews.

Tip for consumers: 1 star is 1 star too high. If you can not read the fine print or when the text is in gray, have someone else go over the terms of service with you, Please!!!

patriciam40
9/4/14

I joined Match.com for 3 months. It was not particularly satisfactory in terms of getting responses to my emails but I had 2 dates and there are some "real" people on there. However I decided not to renew and proactively went into the account a couple of weeks before payment was due and elected not to renew.

About a week prior to renewal I was signing in and had a window offering me Boost and Connect by email for Free etc., as a "gesture of loyalty". I checked the box to accept. It is hard to recall but the layout (according to customer service) had another check box that I needed to click on if I no longer wanted to renew.

The subscription did not end, I discovered another £60 had been taken from my credit card without any consultation and therefore overriding the instruction I had previously made to cancel. The customer service people respond with the same phrasing about how I didn't check the box and have so far refused to refund my money or send me a screen grab of the offending box so I can at least see what I did wrong.

I am going to initiate a case with the small claims court to get my money back.

Beware!

Tip for consumers: Be very careful what boxes you check and what "special favours" you accept

robertp76
9/3/14

Why a 3 star? Well the price is bs but, the promise is that you will meet at least one person with the guarantee price provisions. So pay it and you will meet some one. This site does have fake accounts but the real ones will chat with you. First night I paid, I met a young lady and I couldn't be more pleased with that.

Tip for consumers: Pay the guarantee price. 6 month or 3 month. They have to give you a free 6 months if you don't meet someone.

scottb80
9/1/14

After several years of subscribing, my 6 month subscription had ended. I was on my smart phone to hide my profile and accidentally clicked on the one click subscribe button. And of course, I was automatically billed for another 6 mos. I attempted to contact Match.com through their customer service link which is obviously intentionally difficult to find. Evidently, they don't want to provide customer support because they didn't reply in either case when I complained about my unintentional subscription. Therefore, I contacted American Express to get my money back. I got my money back, but Match blocked my account so that I can't even go into remove my photos or delete my profile

Tip for consumers: Be careful of the 1-click subscription

chuckk5
8/31/14

I have used match in the past. The last time I signed up was for three months. I cancelled before the expiration date. I then noticed I was still receiving e-mails. I went on and looked and realized I could still contact users. I checked my credit card and they had charged me again. So I then went in and cancelled again. I then emailed them to have my credit card reimbursed. I never heard from them. I then called them to get a credit. They would not credit my account. They said I had cancelled but then requested a 30% discount which I did not. They would not even work with me to credit my account. I would say to anyone wanting to sign up with them is do not. They are a very poor company and their customer service sucks. It is a waste of money to use them and some many of the matches they send you are false and not even close by. Anyone considering using them please do not. They should be boycotted.

Tip for consumers: Biggest thing I can say is do not sign up with Match. There customer service sucks.

chriss197
8/30/14

Signed up for 6 months. The whole time all I got were messages from fake profiles wanting me to contact them outside of Match then their profile would disappear. After 6 months, when my free 6 months kicked in, I was charged for another 6 months. After arguing for weeks, I finally had to have my bank reverse the charge. Then I started having issues with my account. My account was blocked, and I inquired why. Match couldn't tell me. During 2 weeks of being blocked, I was informed of a violation of terms, WHILE I WAS BLOCKED, and my account was terminated. When I inquired why, I was told they could not tell me anything about my account because of their privacy policy. The account is still there and it still shows as being active but, I have no control over it. It looks like the stories of Match keeping terminated profiles active is true.

Tip for consumers: Don't give them any money. Don't give them any credit card info. Don't even make a free account. They will keep it active when you leave and block you from it if you protest. The whole site is made up of thousands of fake profiles.

unhappyb2
8/28/14

I joined the site for 3 months and opened my account on the phone. I specifically asked for it not to have the auto renewal on. During this time i discovered that the mobile app does not work in Canada but works if you are outside Canada (I travel alot). During the 3 months i did not get any emails warning me about the auto renewal or explaining how it works. I didn't use the site much simply because they kept on matching me with people that were out of my match preference which tells me they just match you up with whom ever... i kept on getting matches that i had already said "no" to or already emailed show up in my matches again... Anyway, after the 3 months the site automatically renewed my membership and charged me an additional $67... i called in the day after my membership had expired and spoke to the customer service and their supervisor and they kept on referring to the site policy... overall, a big scam... consumer be aware...

ym6
8/19/14

Match.com continually sends me "profiles" of men who are not anywhere near the age group I requested. They also send me men who are looking for someone within a certain geographic region, not anywhere near where I live. I just got one from Mountain View California. That is 588 miles from where I live. Literally, the only thing we "match" is that we got taken by spending money on this website. Their "Customer Service" Department apparently doesn't exist. I have sent them links to 10 sites that show the photo posted on the profile they sent me is fraudulent. It has taken them up to a week to remove them. Most of the photos are being taken from Facebook and Linkedin accounts. I have started emailing these individuals to let them know their photos are being used. If you don't Google Image each photo in a profile and double check with the website PigBusters before contacting anyone on this or any other on-line dating site you are setting yourself up for not only failure but possibly serious harm. Do not give your phone # or address to anyone you meet on the internet. Never meet anyone by yourself and always pick a very public place. A local police station is a good idea.

Tip for consumers: Don't! And always cancel your account before it expires or they will renew it without telling you. And they have a bad habit of leaving your photo up after you quit. Get them to remove it!

joannar4
8/18/14

One of the 3 worst dating sites: match, ourtime, chemistry. This site is more for younger people - religious, conservative and not too bright. I am 63 years old, liberal, nonreligious, and educated. A waste of time for me. I tried to cancel and get my money back, but they refused. They did, however, delete my account, but send me email stating I have 24 new matches, yet I can't logon.

Tip for consumers: If you are young, religious, conservative, this is the place for you. Liberals

thomase14
8/14/14

Ya I'm on match they send me mail saying someone likese and they don't exist or they like me and haven't been on line in months I hate it.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it.

nicoles57
8/12/14

Ugh. Horrible site. Long after I'd cancelled my subscription, I realized my pretty face was still being used as bait: doesn't a cancellation mean, um, a consumer is NO LONGER IN NEED/WANT OF THEIR SERVICES?
Took me forever to get it removed, and then I was scolded by a "customer care" person for not knowing that I was supposed to navigate through the fine print when I'd cancelled, and check a number of boxes-- it was quite convoluted-- that said I wanted my profile off the site. "But see" I argued, "that's what a cancellation IS." Ladies, save your money. Crash your cart into a cute guy's cart in a grocery aisle, instead. Terrible company.

ammara3
8/10/14

Be CAREFUL, please read. An advise from a friend

If you ever decide to try this website, the first thing you need to do is subscribe and then go to the setting and cancel your subscription. If you do not do that then they will autocharge you once your subscription is over!! They made me pay for total 9 month with out me knowing when I wanted to use the site only for 3 month!! If you cancel your subscription directly, you can still use it until your terms are over, and you will not be autocharged.

ellenw12
7/27/14

Joning Match.com was no better than lighting a match to your money! They do a horrible job of "matching you" and their matches aside....a lot of people utilizing this site are for the most part - people who have not set standards for themselves. I set a radius of 30 miles for men I would be interested in meeting and set an age range from 60-65. I was wasting my time reading emails etc, from people across the country and age ranging from 40-81. So after 2 weeks I decided this was not for me....there are NO REFUNDS....a rude customer service rambled off citing the paragraph of the "terms of agreement". So I'm stuck on this God-awful website until my 3 month subscription runs out. Save your money. Match.com is a total rip-off and misrepresents itself in it's advertising of "finding you the perfect match".

atirasv
7/26/14

I signed up for match.com. I hadn't dated in awhile so I filled out the profile questions and checked it every so often. First, let me say I have not paid a dime. Thank God. However, I found matches that we had 3 things in common (ie: felines, dining out, non smokers) but they wanted kids I did not, I did not match the body or ethnicity they were looking for. Then one day I met a real nice guy. We text, talked, emailed and IM. It ended with him asking me to send $400 for his daughter who was sick and needed medicine and food stuffs, he of course could not help because he was in the UK on business. He even stated if I did not have the money he could transfer said monies in my account. After finding out that was not going to happen and he was not getting a penny from me I never heard from him again. I think I will stick with the old fashioned way of meeting people or just be alone. I was much happier before when I was not seeing anyone than finding someone who was trying to scam me.

ninam10
7/26/14

It is one of worst nightmare ever, I have lost my trust in human race after being close to a month on this site. Twice being hacked on my profile and was scanned twice with phony prospect that was asking at the end for money . it is unpleasant and scary to deal with such dirty and manipulative people that could easily contact you and take advantage of your believe . the site is not secure and the costumer service is uneducated . they have not proper security in place for scammer ,who are using members profile as a shield to scam innceonnt people .

stevej68
7/25/14

I must be lucky. Sure, many of the complaints I've read appear to be true, but I just met the nicest person this week and she lives about a mile from me. After trading a few emails and then sitting and talking for an hour at the park we decided that it might just work out and have started dating. We were both wary and doubtful, but the chemistry was there.

I did my own search and read a lot of profiles. The daily suggestions match emailed to me were interesting, but generally were all over the place as far as being close to being a good match.

I think a subscription to match is cheaper than buying drinks for strangers at a bar. Okay, I admit that's fun too sometimes, but not inexpensive.

Why do folks with smile in their user name always seem to be frowning? I dunno.

Have I received numerous emails from 27-year-olds 100 miles away? Sure. I'm in my 60s. Have I not received replies to some emails? Sure. Have I received winks and favorites from names with no profiles? Sure. I haven't tried to cancel yet, but I'm retired and have time to mess with match if they try to cheat me.

ko574
7/24/14

I am on Match.com at the moment but will not be renewing my subscription not because it is particularly bad but because I have decided it is not for me. I do not believe all the bad reviews.For example I am not a pervert,married man looking for affairs,sad case or a weirdo. I am just a normal single bloke looking for some female company and I am prepared to commit to a long term relationship. I have checked out a few online dating sites and Match is probably one of the better ones despite it's many faults.

tamaral6
7/23/14

Very costly. If you make a mistake in the online transaction, be sure, they won't refund anything, not even a partial refund to switch you to another less costly membership. Also, the features are childish: likes and winks. It doesn't work and encouraged people to a not talking environment. And once you are done with the site, they will keep you on the site for ever! Even if you request to be removed, they only "hide" your picture and the links to use features. You become their property. Stay away!

tj72
7/22/14

Worst dating site ever! They screw you with subscriptions and do not return your money! They are a rip off!! No one is real on there and they tell you your subscription is about to run out and then they take more money from you and there is no way of closing or changing the subscription online! What a crock of $#*!! DO NOT USE!!!

stacya10
7/21/14

So if you sign up for the 6 month guarentee make sure you send at least 5 emails a month so that you can get your money back, even if there are not people on there worthy to send emails to. Horrible experience!! Don't waste your money!!!

karend36
7/19/14

Hated it! Tons of scammers (always GIS the pics, if they are too good looking to be true...they are fake profiles!) and even after reporting them, the profiles are still up. The people I wrote to didn't respond, don't think they are even still members, as I am attractive. The ones I did meet LIED about everything...height, weight, age, marital status, # of ex-wives/kids, employment status...you name it, and their pics were all completely outdated. Had 66 horrible dates in a year and have sworn off dating at all at this point. Complete waste of time and money.

dianey
7/16/14

I already subscribed match.com for there bundle price of $129 for 6 months and i can't still read and send emails. what should i do ?

marym128
7/15/14

I have been on the site for 3 months at a time for about every 9 months. The matches they send are based on the most ridiculous criteria. Seriously things like, you both recently updated your profile, or neither smoke and they give only 3 criteria at a time! Also they ignore age and ethnicity preferences when they send the daily matches. Finally, they send the same "matches" every few days to weekly. They are interspersed in the ones they send. I have had 3 relationships lasting about 3 months each since 2010. It gets tiring. ALso, make sure you mark your calendars because it auto renews and they refuse to reimburse for months not used.

neilw20
6/27/14

I've had such great success on match.com that I wrote a book about how to succeed with online dating. It's true, some people lie, but that's not Match.coms fault. I met several fantastic, wonderful and beautiful women on Match. I'm with a sweetheart I met over 2 years ago and never would have met her without Match.com
Have fun, be safe and be honest in your profile and with your photos.
Neil Wood

nancyo7
6/24/14

This site is a complete fraud. Most of the profiles do not even exist. None of the messages get through to the subscriber. DO NOT JOIN! absolute garbage. I intend to contact a lawyer to start a class action against them to expose their fraudulant scheme!

blahb8
6/11/14

DUMB AS HELL WEBSITE. Use at your own RISK an waste of money. Get a life and get more results in REAL life vs this site that hands women all the power. Waste of time

brookeh8
6/10/14

I met one person who was a good match dated for about 10 months. The site is tempting us to go back on once we meet someone and cancel. I know it is a business but come on!. It is very tempting I think for many men to go back and keep looking to see if something better is on the site. Not good. Leave us alone if we cancel and have met someone-we have the option of explaining that when we cancel .Also what is up with people leaving profiles up after they cancel and no longer subscribe?! I find many men do even when meeting someone they like. Some women too but more men.

adrienneh
6/9/14

This is a terrible site. The men lie and say they are looking for a someone to spend their time with. When in reality they just want a one night stand I have had men stand me up, and the only ones that I liked and tell I dont want to sleep with them I want to get to know them- ing big surprise I don't hear from them!!!

lisaf44
6/9/14

The worst in unethical internet business practices and customer service I have experienced from a US business in years --- Horrendous Internet robbery. I signed up expecting the Match.com I knew from years ago, and boy have things changed. Essential features that used to be included in the original subscription are now available only as additional expense. And when it wasn't the old Match I knew and respected, they refused to refund any portion of the steep fee I had paid. Though I was polite, professional, direct and clear in my requests, customer service actually hung up on me. They don't aim to keep customers or to let them leave still respecting the business. Match.com practices BAD BREAKUP habits.

johnm276
6/2/14

Half the women' profiles are fake, another 25% are scammers and it gets really frustrating very quickly when nobody seems interested in you. The six month guarantee is not a money back guarantee, but a guarantee for six more months of pounding sand. Be careful! If you do not follow their guarantee guidelines, it will be void and you will be automatically billed again.

They have a very good marketing campaign, but don't be fooled. Chances are you will just be another victim.

A friend did take me to one of their "Stir" events. Interesting to actually see the real people of Match.com in person. Nobody says a word until people get drunk, then they act like fools, the women leave and so does everyone else.

annal46
5/29/14

I have been on match for years. I am very well educated, pretty and caring. First of all I get more date at the gas stations and grocery stores than match. They send you daily matches that make you feel miserable. what the guys are looking for at this site is sex or money to get support. I am very picky and very seldom select a guy to go on date with. To be honest if you are looking for a match and serious man this is a wrong site. In a month my contract is over and will not renew my contract. Wasting time and money. I am just being honest.

ryanm57
5/23/14

I took out a few months subscription as felt it offered good privacy (pay to view) and was interested in the whole online dating. I had a few chats (good/bad as expect) but ultimately felt I wanted to take the more natural approach and find someone when I do. There are high number of member with a real variety of people so always a chance of finding a 'match' (sorry). The profile seems to be well laid out and you receive 6 profiles a day which are usually within 50 miles radius or so. I have found that since I decided not to renew my profile I had recieved more views and winks, making me feel my profile is in likelier place of view to maybe tempt me into taking another subscription out? Anyways, if your happy to pay quite steep prices (£30p/m - £70-90 for 6mnth, also few deals..) and feel could gain from it positively then it's an experience and you may find a person on there who is real suited to yourself! Guess my best tip if a straight male, usually it will be you sending the first message, try and be creative and ask a nice question or two as it should increase chance of reply. First review done! :)

sd107
5/16/14

was sure my account expired on 5/19, but did not get a discontinued notice but that something was wrong and my account had to be fixed. This is May 16. I clicked a button to send a reply and Presto, Pay Pal was charged, I called PayPal within in 5 minutes and they said No, it couldn't be undone. I called Match, 800 926-2824 and they do not do any refunds. AT ALL!!!. What a rip off. And the men they send? Awful!!!
Do NOT use tis company...you will do better on the free site: Plenty of Fish. I am writing Their Corporate office at PO Box 25472, Dallas TX 75225
No wonder they only have 1 star for Customer Satisfaction. Don't do business with this site.

jamesc164
5/14/14

Man, this whole only dating this is b/s. Honestly, just go out to bars, get some drinks and meet girls. It's not that hard.

lindae23
5/12/14

I am very unhappy with match.com I spend more time deleting inappropirate emails and winks or favorites from out of state members

feliciah3
4/30/14

I signed up for the 3-month subscription. Hate that to do basically anything you have to pay but I was serious to get into the dating game again after many years of being single. I chose to communicate with singles in my home state of Oklahoma. I did receive many views, winks, and likes but most of the men I wasn't that attracted to or I wasn't drawn to what they said in their profile. Some even emailed for the first time with their full name and wanting to meet, or using lame pick up lines. I managed to weed out the undesirables, communicating regularly with two guys for about a month and a half. One was a very sweet musician. I was totally into his brain, as he was a very smart guy. His profile pic wasn't bad either. Then I met him. Hardly looked anything like his photo. I think it may have been photoshopped. I was not physically attracted to him at all but we had good conversation, and I still love his "brain." We will just stay in the friend zone. Now the other guy who I didn't think I would like as much until we met was a guy who works for a large petroleum company. He was very funny, down-to-earth person who basically said what was on his mind. I found myself more attracted to him than I had thought I would be. On our first date we talked for hours over dinner. We then had a second date in which I met at his house sort of reluctantly but all went well. We saw each other one more time, but his work schedule and the fact that he was a single dad started to interfere with us getting together. He had said he wanted a serious relationship and considered us dating(couple) early on, so we decided to give it a try, and then again that is when the phone calls dried, up, basically mostly texts, then they became less but still pretty frequent. I discussed with him that really he did not have time for a relationship and I felt he was just playing me because he never cancelled his membership, said it was about to expire (but he did not cancel). That was disheartening and I told him that, so we decided to just be friends and date when we could casually until things changed. To make this long story short, beware of what people post, which I know could happen on any site. This person put that they were family oriented, looking for a longterm relationship, and listed all the fun things they like to do, but in reality he rarely got out, was into some sick sexual stuff, and he certainly wasn't looking for a long-term partner except long-term sex buddy, until he could find the next thing better to come along. Don't be fooled by what people post on these sites. Some use it only as a tool to try to hookup and post whatever bio they can to bait in those who are serious about a relationship. I wish I could list the screen name of this person, but I will just leave it at ladies beware of a guy who says "you must love kiddos", looking for a crazy fun girl who can rock a baseball cap, and if you drive a stick that's even better." Also saying leave the baggage at home, and they are family oriented, seeking a long-term relationship, not looking for a texting or Facebook buddy." It's all a lie. For this reason I did not give Match as good as a rating. I wish there was some way to screen members better to weed out some of these bad characters. Also there are a bunch of fake profiles who try to scam you that I ran into also. So beware of the pitfalls of online dating, but I would do it again, just probably not with Match.

bobk41
4/21/14

my experience after 5 days says total sham/scam. One of two email contacts eventually started leading to "you know i am in Kenya". Attempts to contact locals with email warning of fraud led to exactly one answer, and suddenly unavailable profiles of all faves/likes/winks, and fairly sure the one reply was a fraud as well, and fairly sure the only thing maybe authentic to site are photos sent in by morons such as myself.

jasonm104
4/18/14

After about three weeks of moderately using this site I quickly realized it is a scam. The free site barely allows you do to anything with emailing persons in hopes this will entice you to fork over some money. After three weeks of use I've already clearly realized this site is jank. Match.coms’ website stops working by not allowing me to retrieve any of my emails. Every time I click on the email tab the system completely logs me out entirely and I have to log back in again. Same thing happens every time I attempt to check emails therefore leaving this site unusable to me and I've already paid my money to Match.com, a years’ worth. I had thought it would go to good use since this site seems to have such good reviews advertised. So I call Match.com with my unhappy experience with their site, how it is not for me and now not only is it a lame site but I can't even check my emails therefore I am no longer able to use the site even if I wanted to. The foreigner on the other end of the phone says there is nothing he can do to correct their malfunctioning website, that he cannot refund me "any" of my money not even for the time I have not been able to use the site and after he cancels my subscription (thanks) from reoccurring after the year is up I ask him to put a manager on the phone. He stalls me for a good duration of time then takes my phone number and says that a manager will call me back, he promised actually that one would. After another few weeks go by and I never received a call from a Match.com manager, I call again with the same complaints and I am told exactly the same thing, there is nothing the foreigner on the other end of the phone can do to correct their malfunctioning website, they cannot refund me any of my money not even for the time I was unable to use their website due to their technical issues and I am again PROMISED that a manager will call me with my concerns. So I called for third time just minutes ago before deciding to write this very poor review and I actually, after about an hour, got a manager on the phone. Not surprisingly the Match.com manager in which I spoke to confirms my horribly poor experience by saying that there is nothing she can do with honoring their malfunctioning website during the weeks I was not able to retrieve my emails nor is there anything she will do to cancel my subscription and refund me any of my money, NOT EVEN FOR THE TIME I WAS NOT ABLE TO USE THEIR MALFUNCTIONING WEBSITE.

avat2
4/17/14

I paid for a 6 month subscription but they locked me out after 3 months and NEVER RESPONDED to any of my emails. Then they took $103.00 out of my account without permission, warning, or notification. They are liars and thieves and should be sued out of existence. I've done a domain address search and there are several names beginning with "match" followed by words such as "robbed us". Since I already have a paypal account I'm thinking about building a site where for one dollar people could post their stories, that way it wouldn't be a financial burden for me to maintain. I wish I knew how to start a class action suit. They've grown beyond blatant about ripping people off. I truly think they think they are above the law.

phillipk17
4/16/14

I am a physically fit male, seeking a long term relationship with a women. I am successful in my career, and financially independent. Match.com is not the place to find a quality relationship. Would not recommend.

I signed up for 3 months, and decided on this dating system due to my busy schedule. Clearly, the site attracts many undesirables. Have noticed a litany of so called match profiles, with middle aged women (40 or so) and are seeking men or boys starting from 18 to twenty something, " for long term relationship". Many subscribers state they have children, as well, contain a major shopping list of their expectations of the partner they seek. I can't help but question the intelectual capacity of these individuals, as well the legitimacy of such profiles, and the necessity of a reality check.

Furthermore, have recieved many sarcastic first time responses from women, criticizing my income expectation of the partner I seek, and my photos demonstrating my upper body physique. Many of these rude emails come from women who may have a variety of barriers in obtaining their fantasy relationship.

Women on this site dramatically reduce their estimated real life age. As was the case in a few occasions when I met of women who stated in their profile were 40, and we're obviously much older, perhaps early 50's. What a turn off, and may have to seek counselling for this later.

Furthermore, beware of profiles with out pictures. Many are scams, and you will be communicating with a website or machine, prompting you to down load certain APPs to communicate.

The match.com site requires better screaming of their clientel as a start. However, will never waiste my money again on such a program.

avisg
4/15/14

WASTE OF MONEY, TIME, INBOX SPACE ETC!!!!! i have NEVER been a fan of online dating because, let's face it, if online dating was SO relevant and needed, NONE of us would even be alive!!!! our parents and grandparents obviously didn't need crap like this sooooo......anywho.......moving on.....i wanted to see what all they hype was about so i joined (on a special discounted rate) for 3 months and trust me; EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN POSTED ON THIS SITE IS TRUE TO FORM!!!! they sent me a bunch of 'matches' that were NOTHING close to what i preferred, and they wanted to know my whole life story (creepy at best!!), and who has time to email and wink and text until the cows come home when they work a full-time job??? NOT ME!!! and the ONE person i did make contact with told me they had a "long hair fetish"!!! uh.....TMI!!! after that experience, i backed away from trying to make contact with anyone else!! i cancelled my card, got a new card, and just skipped over their constant barrage of 'daily matches' and whatever else!!! THE WORLD OF ONLINE DATING CAN KICK ROCKS!!! i'm sticking to the old-school methods; GET CUTE, GET OUTTA THE HOUSE AND MEET REAL LIVE PEOPLE FACE-TO-FACE!!! to everyone who reads this i suggest you try doing the same!!! there is just NO way a computer can tell me who is or is NOT a douchebag!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS FELLOW CONSUMERS!!!! this online dating crap is for the birds!!! and match.com is the absolute WORST!!!!!!

michm3
4/14/14

Like many others who have been "swindled" out of their money and posted on this site, I too was a victim of Match.com's unfair and deceptive business practices. They "refresh" the website and don't retain user settings, including auto-pay settings. I chose to not auto-renew and there was a convenient refresh the week of subscription running out, and my card was charged anyways.

When I called the same day they took my money anyways they refused to refund my money. It's like getting sucked into a creepy cult that siphons your money and won't let go. I feel harassed and victimized.

I've filed a complaint with the Texas BBB, and also challenged this charge with my bank.

jimt32
4/10/14

Found little on this to make me believe that there are many genuine people on here. Signed up and was bombarded by what looked like fake profiles. I have had a few friends who say they've managed to get a few hook ups from it, however not convinced.

ag539
4/9/14

Atrocious site. Scam artists and married men galore. There is a "Report a Concern" link that I have used to report the married men and was told by several customer service representatives that the men would be removed from the site within 24 hours for violating Match's policies. Guess what? Been over a week and the married men are still there and active!!! Seriously? Match helps married men cheat on their wives as long as they are making a buck, what do they care? Watch out people and stay off of this site!!!

wendym19
4/7/14

my email was infiltrated by someone who was not a member... and then the con artists began...was asked to mail very expensive things to foreign countries always an excuse... they are good... really good!!! Be very careful as match checks nothing about anyone and when i complained they said it's too bad. I was scared for my life and still am because they are criminals and don't know how much info they have access to. my email has been hacked 3 times.. JUST DON"T DO IT!!!!

hk16
4/2/14

I was only on this site for 6 weeks. I had 3 scammers during this time. What at waste of time. They should call it Scammers.com. I requested a refund and the more or less said "sorry about your luck". The actually said " they are aware of this and do the best they can to block scammers". But seriously 3 in 6 weeks. That was my whole time on here. Stay away.

pb22
3/31/14

I signed up in mid Jan and up to now have had over 1000 views but not one email. Doesn't do a lot for ones self esteem! Lol I also get winks on my phone and show their profile yet they don't show on my ipad???
I sometimes wonder if my profile is even on there and the views are just a scam. I don't be renewing when the subscription runs out :(

Best Online Dating Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber