US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chuckk5

They are a very poor company and their customer service sucks. (in 35 reviews)

lolua

Unfortunately, just signed up for another 6 months. (in 18 reviews)

johnc254

The number of fake profiles makes me think Match.com is doing it to attract more people. (in 89 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

doohickyg
4/1/15

It seems Match.com has so many affiliates they want you to purchase from, they are willing to abuse your trust (and inbox) at any cost. For example:
I signed on for a 'Free' ride to see what the fuss was about. Instantly I was receiving 15 to 20 spam mails a day! When I reported this to Match.com, they said, "We'll fix that right away, Sir." In all actuality, they did nothing. Still, to this day I receive spam from Match.com affiliates yet I'm no member.
NO STARS!!!!!
I do not support any company that turns it's hounds loose on every new customer that walks through the door, hoping to tear every last shred of paper money from their pockets before discarding them in a heap. I do not support a company whose customer service representatives are told to lie to the customers when they need assistance. And, I do not support greedy companies who say one thing and do the opposite. They need to be shown the door, and told to go!

Tip for consumers: PUT THE MOUSE DOWN AND BACK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER

stephf6
4/1/15

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE, DISRESPECTFUL $#*!S.

Tip for consumers: YOUR SUPERVISORS NEED TRAINING ON HOW TO SPEAK TO THEIR CONSUMERS.

louisb47
3/31/15

Bigest bull site I ever saw every time try just want more money hate it wish I would had done the way this site sucks

kbb1
3/31/15

I signed up for a one month membership, as I've had decent experiences w/ Match in the past. However, they charged me for a 3 month membership. As soon as I realized - approx 3 days after joining - I emailed and told them to give me a refund. It's a $48 difference, and I didn't budget for that. They said since I had sent emails, they could not refund me. They gave me $20 back, but that's not good enough! I told them I just want the difference back - but they still refused. I'm so sick of corrupt $ practices online. Is there nothing we can do?
I canceled my membership completely today. I have no access, even for the month.
Also, while they would not refund me, they cut my membership back to one month - wtf?

Tip for consumers: DO NOT PAY THEM ANYTHING!!! Go to a free site or at least a site with honest business practices.

maysema
3/30/15

After having a terrible experience for 6 months, and payment was automatically processed for the next 6 months, I called to get my money refunded. I was told to suspend future payments and deactive the profile which I did and did not use the site. However, the refund was never issued and now I'm being told that it won't! If you're looking for something/someone specific, do NOT bother with this site. Not only is the customer serivce terrible, the options for matchs are not there!

martoj
3/25/15

This site is junk. It was recommended to me by friend and since October 2014 I am proud member of Match. Unfortunately for more than 6 months only two real dates appeared. More than hundreds emails were sent and most of them looks like went to the empty space.. I know I am ass ugly but so bad luck... c'mon. Interesting thing happens a girl liked my picture and when I wrote her she deleted her profile. You will notice also that most of the profiles have couple of sentences and they look pretty the same.

kseniak2
3/20/15

Match.com is a total scam!!
Be ready to call them as soon as u subscribed to cancel your membership that u wont be change after renewal! Because once they charged you there policy is no refund policy!! I live in NY and im shocked that yesterday the company charged me 88$ for the next 3 month, today i noticed it and called them up to cancel and get a refund and they basically told me to $#*! off. It is outrageous that they wont give me no full no partial refund! Their response was- You've been using our website for a DAY !!.. WTF.. So charge me a dollar for it and give me the refund of 87$ , will you? Nope, no refunds. I would love to see where the ratings are coming from that Match.com is the number 1 dating website? im a customer and im not satisfied w matches and customer support and there is no Yelp or Zagat to rate it

tanyan2
3/16/15

They are a scam..I recently thought bought joining and thought they would charge my account by month so when I got to the preview page and saw it was gona charge my account the full100.00 I didn't continue the transaction ....they say I did authorize it n I did not and now say I have sent emails to people and I have not ...I have cancelled everything been trying to get a refund since it came out of my account yesterday but they say they will not refund me anything it hasn't even been 24 hours since they took my money

samg49
3/11/15

I've been on match since October and haven't had any luck! Almost no messages and no date at all. Should have stayed with mingle2day.com. Where is my time machine? :D

linaf1
3/10/15

Signed for a month paying more money because I just wanted to try amount. I never read, see, or listen about their authomatic renewal membership system. They charge $42.63 again and when I call their customers service they were rude and didn't give me the money back because basically they renewal the payment without your permission and you can't do anything about it.
They close the phone and roll me they will not give my money back

adamn25
3/7/15

I like this site have met some females on here, the fees are tad high though...but would say Match.com and uDates.net are my two most favorite sites though.

robertr107
3/2/15

I just signed on SiteJabber to post this review.

DO NOT USE match.com. All there is on there are scammers. I signed up 3 days ago and ALL of the people I met say they are in Ghana. Even a profile that was listed as close to me stated that they were in Ghana. I'm calling them to cancel my subscription and request my money back If they ask why I'm cancelling, I will flatly say"your site is all scammers. You need to clean those out.: If they refuse, I will go to the media and expose them. I live in the nation 3rd biggest television market. When that report airs, I'm going to record it on my DVR and post it on YouTube. THEY WILL PAY one way or another.

UPDATE: March 2, 2015 9:45 A.M.I called match.com and asked for a refund. Having read the reviews, I expected what happened. They said that they couldn't police all the members, yada yada yada, and they refused to refund my money. I calmly said "Thank you" when I REALLY wanted to use another work that ended in k rather than "thank" but like Arthur Fonzerelli I kept my cool. I hung up and IMMEDIATELY called the local CBS station (KPIX). The outgoing message said that calls are returned between 11 AM to 1 PM Monday. through Friday. I left my story. Now we'll have to see what happens next. I'll update here.....stay tuned.

Tip for consumers: If you want to throw away money, flush it down the toilet. You'll get more enjoyment doing that than on this site.

wendyj15
2/28/15

Just fyi...my husband and I have decided to divorce. Howevever no papers have been signed yet. Yet somehow he has been able to post on match,com for several months now that he is divorced and new to the dating scene. Be careful who you are choosing to date on the website because obviously they are able to lie in their profile and no one is doing a check to verify their marital status.

Tip for consumers: If really looking for a good relationship use a website that verifies marital status....

michaelw126
2/28/15

I would have to say my experiences on this site are mixed. After learning how to sort through the scammers and fake profiles, and sending out a lot of emails that were not responded to, I did manage to get quite a few dates. These went really well at first and I was even in a brief relationship, but most of the women seem to have various types of mental health issues that take a while to manifest. It has been a roller coaster of getting my hopes up about someone only to find out that there are barriers due to underlying "issues" that they have. This is not the site's fault but may be endemic to the types of people who tend to use it. The old fashioned way of finding dates, ie. getting involved in some type of activity and meeting the people who are interested in that which you will then have in common, may be the best approach after all.

karens93
2/27/15

Very expense. You are immediately overwhelmed by fake profile contacts and phishers. They become very easy to identify, they all have basically identical scripts they seem to follow and they all have the same grammatical errors. You are drowning in them. You contact their customer service who says sorry, but you responded to one so now you cannot get a refund because you used the site. THIS SITE IS A RIPOFF - DO NOT USE IT

Tip for consumers: do not even bother with this site

stefanoc7
2/25/15

Match.com is borderline scam! They offered me a free upgrade that meant that my auto-renewal got re-enabled and I ended up paying even more than last month because of the upgrade. I think it comes down to me not reading well enough, anyway I'm 100% convinced that a serious website just wouldn't do this. It's the same kind of trick they try to pull when they tell you that you have to wait 24h before disabling the auto-renewal, tricks to make you forget!
I've immediately contacted the customer service that beside being polite didn't give in an inch, I tried to push even too hard for my taste but still nothing.
I don't dislike the website itself, it's just not great! I'm a web developer and it's simply outdated I guess. Also if you think that you are gonna sign in and find the love of your life try and be realistic: ain't that easy.

Tip for consumers: OkCupid has way more features and much better made.

nancyb74
2/24/15

I signed up for the free 72 hour trial subscription. Of course they want your credit card number dating that if you Cancel within 72 hours your credit card won't be charged!!! I Canceled in less than 48 hours only to find out that MATCH. COM HAD CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD $129 "AS SOON AS I SIGNED UP"!!!! I called Match. Com & they ASSURED ME THEY'D CREDIT MY MASTERCARD!!!!! THAT'S BEEN A YEAR AGO THIS MONTH & I THEY STILL HAVEN'T REFUNDED MY MONEY!!!!!!! MY ADVICE TO ANYONE OUT THERE CONSIDERING THIS "SCAM"....DO NOT DO IT!!!!!

amandar38
2/24/15

Hideous hideous hideous experience. DON'T BOTHER! So many fake (male) profiles of people trying to enter the UK and preying on women to help them. Lots of profiles with terrible spelling and grammar or just weird phrasing, let that be your first clue. Secondly, they are 'never married' and don't have any children (usually). They tell you that they are disappointed with the site and immediately want to exchange email/phone numbers. Don't do it. They will have used very handsome photos not of themselves too. Then when you want to cancel your subscription guess what, you are told to log onto the site homepage and when you do lo and behold, no connection to the server, over and over again, even though you can download any other page! This is obviously designed so that you give up or forget and they extract another payment from you. I just called them to tell them all this, Lesley hung up on me! Great! So, if you do want to leave you need to call 0203 0596494. This is another business built on greed and dishonesty.

Tip for consumers: Beware of scammers (males who can't spell or use odd phrasing) beware of match.com UK who do everything in their power to not let you leave.

deniser13
2/20/15

I signed up for three months based on all the hype. So far it's been terrible. The quality of men on the site is not good. I have been on free sites with much better success. Definitely will not renew subscription.

kt35
2/20/15

The service Match offers is fine and does what it says it will do. The problem I have with it (and others have had same problem because we compare notes) is that years after you have deactivated your account and closed it every way possible via the site, you will still be seen by others who are active on the site, they can still write you (and think you aren't answering) and friends will walk up to you on the street and say they saw you on dating site (causing problems for you and your partner whom you are currently dating). Apparently there is no way to get them to stop posting your profile and pictures AS IF you are still active on the site.

robertr96
2/15/15

I really have nothing against Match.com, truthfully! It is a nice site. Still, there are some alternatives if you haven't been lucky.Try Mingle2day.com, which is an amazing and very well designed site.

Problem with match.com is that i find they charge far too much i hope they will lower the prices someday.

andread35
2/14/15

I've been on this site since December and haven't had any luck; barely any messages received, and no dates. Ill recieve plenty of "winks" and "likes," but no messages. I have no problem messaging a guy first but never have I even received a response back from anybody. I know that I am an attractive person with a great job and a good head on my shoulders, so I am not at all satisfied with match.

amyw67
2/12/15

Match.com refuses to allow you to suspend your account due to the death of a close family member. You can hide your profile or cancel but they still keep all the money. They are a heartless company with no respect for humanity.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it!

jayg46
2/11/15

i just want to make this clear , YES match.com are 100 % going to go to all lengths to get you to sign up and screw you with all types of lies to keep charging your card worse then probably any company you have ever delt with in ur life. I'm 29 years old and match.com is so bad this is my first time ever writing reviews online. I also need to make this clear if you are not subscribed and are receiving tons of interest its NOT REAL. I would even go as far as saying 95 % is fake. Here are my stats after being a member for an entire year ... I was "viewed" 3645 times ( by who or what i don't know ) but after an entire year i only had conversations with roughly 10-12 girls , i actually got a date with 3 of them ( sadly all 3 of these girls were fresh out of relationships and were def on the re bound ) i messaged probably at least 100 women and 5 actually responded. At one point i did start to feel insecure like whats going on ? Ive never really had that hard of a time with women and I'm fully aware rejection is just a part of the process but once it hit really high numbers aka ( less then 1 % ever responded ) i knew something was up. Its all fake , a ton of those profiles are inactive and they say the people had been recently online , honestly i don't even think someone was actually really " reading " my messages either. not to mention i had a ok cupid account and pof while on match , i got ignored 10 times more on match then pof and ok cupid combined . oh and this was just another interesting experience i also had while on match, there was a girl i was talking to on match and it didn't really go anywhere , one day I'm on pof and i see the same girl so i figured what the hell we could have a laugh cuz we were both on pof . Turns out i message this girl on pof and she has no clue who i am and swears she never has had a match profile. So if this was a catfish scenario who knows but this is just a perfect example of what to expect on match.com or any dating app for that matter. If you also had bad luck on match don't beat yourself up , it wasn't you it was match.com ( you know the ones you gave money to )

tarthv
2/10/15

This website weasels you into buying a subscription and then you are unable to talk to anyone unless they purchase a subscription too. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR IT. THEY REFUSE A REFUND EVEN WHEN YOU REALIZE THAT THE MAJORITY OF USERS ON THIS SITE DON'T SUBSCRIBE AND YOU CAN'T TALK TO THEM. Unfortunately I was wanting to meet someone and i fell for the scam. I'm simply writing this so no one else does.

giusepper3
2/10/15

I don't have a problem with this site because I can't get a date. I can't really blame people for their tastes. I can do just as bad off line. A problem I have is that it isn't properly set to find people in my area. I put my zip code and it shows me more people in a different state than in my own. When I'm in a different area, it tries to find me matches based on that area, but still too far from where I'm looking for.
A lot of people told me it is worth trying out. I'm nearly 6 months in, and still no match. Again, I can blame others for their tastes, but the site can do better at matching me with more people closer to my area.

julieg40
2/5/15

Bait n switch! Out 120.00!

Selected the one month 35.99 option. The price showed in the right upper box and i entered my card info. The site charged me 120.00 for six month service and ALL the extra services! I called less than 24 hours later, got a rude lady over seas and told me she could not give any refund what so ever. This site is no longer in the us but farmed over seas. You will not get a refund and they will switch your selected one month membership to their default 6 month and you will get no where calling them. And ive been a member of this site off and on for NINE years. I no longer trust this company

richards127
2/5/15

Don't sign up with Match.com. It will cost you hunderds per year for something that other sites honestly do better anyway. They will automatically bill your credit card every 6 months without any notification (because they buried their subscription renewal policy deep inside the terms and agreement when you sign up--even for a free trial). There was no control in the mobile application that I could find to turn off the auto-renewal either. I called to tell them not to automatically renew 6 months ago and yet it's happened again. When I received the credit charge, I called again to request a refund and full cancellation. They sent me a cancelation confirmation email this time but refused the refund because I'd "receieved an email" on the account.

So I've now paid for another 6 months of a service I do not want and will not receive. Even the supervisor refused to issue a refund (although they were happy to offer me a "discount" if I didn't cancel the account). They can't seem to grasp that I cancelled specifically because of their shady billing practices and poor customer service. When I asked the supervisor how he feels about conducting that kind of business practice and model, his answer was "I feel pretty good."

I don't trust them to cancel the subscription. I'll be blocking all future transactions through my bank. Your best bet is to never give them your banking information to begin with.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this site. It's not worth the super high permium you pay. Anyone who makes you automatically pre-pay for a service and then refuses to refund the money when you tell them you don't want the service is not an ethical business. Their business and billing practicess are--at the very best--shady and are probably illegal in a lot of places. Their customer service is horrible and disempowered to satisfy disputes. My advice is to get out and live life instead. Meet someone in person. It works muc

billw67
2/3/15

I actually don'tunderstajnd all those negative reviews. Match.com is really ok, not bad at all! I have been a member but was more lucky on mingle2day.com so I decided to leave them. But it is a matter of taste.

Tip for consumers: Create a profile on many sites (mingle2day.com, match.com, etc) and figure out where you feel the most comfortable...

elenkas
2/2/15

I signed up on 12/28 and on 1/29 i tried to cancel. Their tech system is so bad that the button to cancel did not work. I called the same day and they were closed since i am in Ca. and they are Dallas time zone. They could not give me a Refund even though it was their fault. THEN I thought to myself: "Maybe i should try this anyway and 'go for it'". Well, there were more and more tech problems. I got interest in my email but when i wanted to contact the men, the EMAIL HIM button did not work. I spent 51 minutes on the phone with a tech person to tell me that i should use Explorer and not Mozilla and that i should go to Match.com website to my account to respond and not use my email:( And even then, nothing worked. I sent a Certified letter for a Refund based on my first desire to cancel within 24 hrs. which did not work online and they refuse to give me a Refund. That company sucks big time. I am going on EVERY Review site possible to give them a 1 Review. What a waste of my hard earned $130. I should have done my research and read the other Reviews. I think they have a rating of 1.7. It should be ZERO.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE MATCH.COM EVER.

carloss45
1/27/15

Don't understand all the 1star reviews. Match is not a bad dating site. It is clean, easy to use and simple and has a large member base. I was just not really happy and lucky with it....

kenm52
1/19/15

Offered a 'special rate" if I wanted to continue, but when I tried to renew subscription rate seemed to disappear seemed a classic low life "bait and switch"

suzanav
1/19/15

They charged me on their automatic renewal??? So unethical and greedy for a useless site that doesn't deliver! Will never use it again and will never recommend to anyone. In fact it's so deplorable and the refund policy a joke, angered me so much to write them a review...Don't bother with this site, no one replies, or answers.. No one messages or winks. I'm on zoosk get at least messages daily and massive views, so I know it is not me...

Good luck Matxh.com. Your going down, better sites and services out there. Your auto renewal policy will keep your clients angry and away..

Tip for consumers: DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY

leighac
1/19/15

Match just took $100 from my account and then sent me an email stating I was "removed from the community". When I called to find out about this, they told me that I would have to speak with their corporate office via email because they do not have a phone! In some ways I am grateful to be done with this terrible experience. Most of the men I have met are wanting a "friend with benefits". It has been a degrading experience all together.

gabem15
1/14/15

Awful company. They dont refund your charge even a day after signing up. Please people stay away. Try plenty of fish or tinder, both free and 10x user bases so far more people to meet. Match is a joke

Tip for consumers: Stay away go to tinder or plenty of fish. Ripoff city here

sallyh19
1/14/15

Watch out for this guy here is married and has been for yeats. His username is LookinforUbabe2. He has been blocked several time but keeps on getting back on ubder differet username. Block him if you can.

chriss232
1/9/15

Honestly I don't bother leaving bad reviews of a service unless it is completely and utterly useless. This is unfortunately one of those times.

A little about me. I am an attractive 31 year old male who holds a good job. Never married and has no children. During my time with match I received one or less views per day. In 2 months time I have had one member contact me first. One. A far cry from someone I would ever date. I have messaged a few dozen girls whereas most do not reply. The few that did reply did so with brief responses, never to be heard from again. Also you will encounter a lot of girls "winking" or adding you as a favorite etc, only to find their profiles deleted a few days later (bot, spam, fake). Keep this in mind if you're on a free account and are thinking of upgrading.

Overall I rate this site a complete waste of time and money.

barbarav14
1/9/15

I Really have nothing against Match.com, truthfully! It's very nice to have something out there, to help you meet people, as I don't get around that much. You probably can and have met, some very real people out there whose intention are pure and good! BUT, I swear some of the guys I have met and communicated with are JUST OUT FOR A GOOD TIME. IT"S JUST A LEGALIZE PIMPING site.. a whole lot of low life characters, who are using this to there own advantage, NO STRINGS ATTACHED. I am hurt, NOT to mention afraid of some of these characters REALLY!!! I might not meet as many people on my own, BUT, I have a whole lot more going for me, than theres users!! I really hate to say this, But unfortunately it seems true.

maryamu
1/5/15

This dating site is worse dating site you will ever be at, this has so many people from outside country here just to Trick both women and men to get money from them, all spam! i was on this dating site for 9 months and saw same people trying over and over with different profile , i did reported this to match and they did nothing, i specifically reported a profile after noticing and they told me they block that and couple days later it was the same file open again, on that profile after they found out that i knew who they are , they tried to email me virus to my computer , it was a nightmare!! i had to close my yahoo email.... this can go forever, i will never suggest anyone this site.

Tip for consumers: please be very careful if you decided to go with this site

cm74
12/29/14

Wow! This Sugarsmydog (pof) and sugargold66 (on match) must be a real piece of work!!! He pretends to be looking for a relationship, when in reality he's been doing this for years! He says he's looking for this and that, yet he cheats rampantly and lies to no end. Even with multiple women in ONE day! or worst one afternoon. He is a disgusting pig, who prob has gender issues and balding way too fast so he just takes his anger out on cheating on every women he meets. They can't ALL be WRONG about him!

terryb62
12/27/14

I saw the ads on Match .com and I thought I would try it. Big mistake! They Never answer e-mails, and when they do, they blame you and expect to lower your expectations. But just like the other dating sites, unless you're tall extremely thin, blond, and have blue eyes, not only are you expected to lower your standards, you're supposed to bury them 6 feet under! Stay away! And don't fall for "We were successful with other couples," hello....what about yourself?

Tip for consumers: Be Careful!

justinb80
12/26/14

Match.com is a definite racket. They have done everything in their power to setup the system so that cards auto-renew and you are unaware, and then have "policies" in place that make it impossible to get a refund. They could care less about anything other than making the most money possible and do that by screwing over anyone and everyone they possibly can. STAY AWAY from Match.com.

tomt50
12/21/14

While I cannot deny that at least some of the female profiles on Match.com are legit there are a good number of fake ones. After 60 days of use I became more than a little skeptical that some of these profiles were not real. I performed a quick test using a number of reverse-image lookup services to find other instances of some of the more "beautiful" women that miraculously appeared in my area. I found that about a quarter of all the profile images could be found on other dating sites all over the globe in countless cities. Totally fake profiles used to lure prospective males into purchasing subscriptions to contact them. Federal consumer agencies need to take these shady operators to task at some point and rid the industry of these practice.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE!!!

masoudr
12/19/14

To : legal department of Match.com

I have received the folowing e-mail from Match.com

Dear assdollah,

We were recently made aware of inappropriate correspondence sent to another Match.com member, which violates our Terms of Use agreement. Unfortunately, if this type of correspondence continues, we will be forced to terminate your Match.com membership. Please know that if Match.com terminates your membership due to violation of our Terms of Use, you will not be entitled to a refund of any unused membership fees.

We appreciate your understanding of our dedication to maintaining a site that requires respectful correspondence between members. Due to our privacy practices, Match.com cannot disclose specifics regarding the email. Should you like to obtain additional information, a valid subpoena directed to Match.com, LLC would be required.

For reference, our Terms of Use can be referenced at the following link: http://www.match.com/registratweenion/membagr.aspx .

Regards,

After reviewing A/M e-mail and since i am still officially a member of Match.com until February 15 , 2015 i would like an explanation from Match.com . You have the record of each individual member and know exactly how many e-mails are sent between members each day .

As a member i know the content of all the e-mails i have sent to all other Match.com members and i can assure you that there has been no offenses from my part . I am also ready to apologize to any person who has been offended by my friendly e-mails .

I am not however pleased with Match.com approach with the A/M e-mail and i feel that you are discriminating between your members but that s not my concern either . I have stopped sending any e-mails out since i am afraid that i may offend some one . I am therefore asking you to be kind enough to eihter :

1 ) Refund my money

or

2 ) Explain to me to which member i was offensive and what exactly offended her so that i do not repeat my offensive act . Perhaps then i could apologize to her .

or

3 ) Match.com would send me an apology

Wish to hear from you

Masoud Rezai

sauert
12/17/14

Here is a test I just performed. I set up a profile; filled in the "details," uploaded a recent and pretty good photo, but filled up the "in his own words" part - the self-description, the most important part of the profile, with the possible exception of the photo - with rubbish. The rubbish was a paragraph of "Lorem ipsum," standard Latin gibberish used by printers and type designers.

This profile somehow made it past Match.com's approval process and went live. Less than five hours later, it had 51 "views," 7 "photo likes", 6 "favorites", 3 "likes", 1 "wink", 1 email (which I couldn't read), and an invitation to "chat". This is absurd - who would "like" a profile which is just Latin gobbledegook?

So far, just silliness, nothing sinister. BUT to take any action on any of this - to see who likes my photo, my profile, my details, who makes me a "favorite," who sends a "wink," etc., I have to pay for membership. There is no standard free trial period for access to this information, so there's no way to see if any of it is legit before paying.

So my immediate suspicion is that all the attention is fake, something ginned up by computer to make me think scads of women are interested in my profile. Possibly some of it is genuine, and possibly there are real women with legit intentions active on the site, but there's no way to determine that beforehand.

I never paid for a subscription, so can't comment on that part of the Match.com operation.

Tip for consumers: The results of my test say - AVOID.

Investigate free sites. A free site won't have such obvious motivation to mislead customers. There will be some motivation to fluff up their customer numbers, due to increased traffic and the resulting ad revenue, but nothing like we seem to be seeing on Match.com.

ryans83
12/16/14

Match.com is a scam. I cancelled my subscription and they still keep charging me. When I tried to contact "customer service" they avoided answering any questions via email because they don't want a paper trail. They are feeling the squeeze of free services like Tinder and OKcupid so Match.com is doing everything they can to screw their consumers out of money.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT use Match.com. NEVER give them your credit card number.

raritans
12/15/14

I signed up for six months at $131.00 thinking this was a legit dating site. after 48 hours every lady I contacted, or who contacted me turned out to be from Ghana, or the Ukraine, or somewhere OTHER than their profile!

I emailed asking for a refund. No reply... After a few more days, and MANY more bogus contacts, I was told I needed to call a number for a refund. When I called the number, I was told there's a NO REFUND POLICY! PERIOD!

Screw their cute commercials, and fun advertising, this site is a pure, 100%, rip-off....
Don't go there!!!

Raritan Sailor

Tip for consumers: DON'T GO THERE!!

naten
12/8/14

So, I have used this website a couple of times and the results are less than perfect. I am not particularly writing this review because of my own personal experience but rather to give a warning to people about Match.com's less than honest method of getting you to either sign up and or re-sign. I went for a six month subscription this last time mainly because of all the "messages and views" my profile was receiving. So I hit the ground running and tried it out. What you find is after you sign up all that goes away. In a good week I maybe communicated with one or two people if I was lucky. Towards the end of my subscription I decided this was it and I was not going to renew. What I find surprising is that after I let it go by some miracle woman are looking at me again and sending me messages all the time. Of course now I don't have the access to read these "messages". My point is Match.com is trolling me trying to trick me into re-submitting my subscription. I find this distasteful and regardless of what they might say they do this shady crap to get you to sign back up. So if you have signed up and let it go like myself and or are thinking of signing up to see why you are being checked out so much. Just beware its most likely them trolling your page trying to get you to join. I would recommend dating in the real world and not on these money making date sites.

dianeh23
12/8/14

Watch out for ROBERTS JAMES FOSKEY He took no money from me but after research found out he took money from ladies that could not afford it. Destroying lives of women. Im tough and did not feed into the crap. Thick accent some were from Africa. Another one is ERIC WEISER, has a bit of a Irish acent but says he's native American. Scammers.

carolw33
12/7/14

Beware of photoman919. He is a liar and can be very charming. He is a manipulator and will take you for a ride and then dump you. Don't fall for him.