US Government's NSF

P.O. Box 12305
Dallas, TX 75225, USA
Tel: +1.2145769352
pr@match.com

People interested in Match.com are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chuckk5

They are a very poor company and their customer service sucks. (in 46 reviews)

martoj

Unfortunately for more than 6 months only two real dates appeared. (in 26 reviews)

marym128

I have been on the site for 3 months at a time for about every 9 months. (in 20 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

heidim9
8/29/15

If you are looking for a narcissistic sociopath then match.com is the site for you! Lots of good looking con artists to choose from. I contacted a very attractive lady in Bishops Stortford who I quickly built up a great rapport with before deciding to meet in person. We met, got on brilliant and continued to see each other for the next few weeks. She seemed equally as besotted as I was, asking me to move in , set up business together etc etc. I really thought I had met the 'one'. Unfortunately I discovered she had never deleted the app from her phone and was still secretly messaging another woman. I was then cast aside when it turned out the other woman had more money than me and was in a better position to fund an exotic lifestyle. Like I say , best site to join to meet a narcissistic sociopath .......

jubidj
8/28/15

They simply do not care about members. They chat module on their site does not work on a consistent basis. And this is a shame because why would you be on a site for if you cannot chat with other members. It seems to me they more interested in making money rather than investing in new servers to improve their service.

jenniferd77
8/26/15

I highly suspect that a lot of the profiles on the site are fake. There are very few profiles outside of large cities. Many of the users are not looking for true dating, just a physical relationship.

And although, they said you can cancel your membership at any time for any reason, they will not refund any of your money. So if you sign up for a year to get the best monthly price then realize 3 months in how bogus a site it is, you are not getting back the money you paid for the remaining 9 months. Whoever owns Match.com is getting rich off the hard earned money of millions of lonely singles... and he's a prick.

libertinej
8/25/15

Match.com will entice you to check for free. Then it asks you a series of questions leading to packages ranging from $22 to $30 a month. There is no Tel# in their website to answer your questions. I think that is their purpose to deceive you! There is no help or live chat. Their is a chat section for other members. Then they charge you $275.88. You would think that you are signing up for $25 a month and your credit card will be charged monthly but NO! BE WARNED! There is no refund!

nancyn20
8/24/15

I subscribed for 3 months, but my account was hacked after 3 weeks, sending awful emails to anyone whose profile I had visited. There was no way I could ever fix this, as I was now a part of the scam...(here are more photos of me, etc.). I would have to completely delete my profile and start over with new pictures and even if I did that, I was now a virus according to them.. When I contacted Match, I was told by someone whose English was almost impossible to understand that Match did not give refunds, even pro-rated ones. You all can take your website and stuff it. Period.

halh12
8/24/15

I joined and sent out emails to well over 100 women over a 6 month period. Maybe 2-3 actually responded. The big problem is they allow people to create profiles without subscribing, so the majority of people I was emailing probably weren't subscribed so they couldn't read my message or respond. There's no way of knowing if they are subscribed or not, so its a crap shoot. Match offered me a deal saying that if I didn't meet anyone within that 6 months, my next 6 months would be free. That was a huge lie. They charged me again, and said I didn't meet the requirements for the free 6 months. This is a huge scam.

gracem44
8/23/15

I started with the site with intention of 3 mons. At the end I checked the boxes to cancel and also sent them an email to NOT renew me. They did anyway, with excuses that ranged from rep to rep. At the end of the second term I made sure and called them to cancel for good. They continue to send me messages to rewrite my profile, come back for 3 mons for the price of one, etc. I complained multiple times of having my email box filled with SPAM, from x rated to ed..I am a woman, ha ha. Over three mons I had over 2000 emails that they had shared my info with. They will match you with anyone regardless. If the daily matches don't align they will use something you say in your profile to use as a match. It's pathetic and the site is a waste of time and money. I met some great guys but many of them have been on the site for years and actually use it a s a dating source with marriage NOT in mind...many are married so be careful about that. I background checked everyone and was amazed how many have some criminal background, from battery of an ex to stealing company money..
I had to go in and mess up my profile info because I was still getting mail after I was gone. I see they do anything to get you to renew, not going to EVER happen. EAven after I added that I was 3 ft tall and bald , I still received mail. They said they will not remove my credit card info as it is part of their database and they are not set up to do so..such a handy mistake.. I changed my credit card number and I did have the company block them in case they try and use the old one, because they can if they wish..but they told me they would contact me first to okay that. If they are sharing your private info who knows if they will use the credit card info as well..or worse, they get hacked like other companies.
Please think twice before you make the choice to join. I would NOT recommend. I am a pretty classy girl with a lot to offer but I can do better meeting someone in my neighborhood better than this pitiful site.
Good luck to all

anthonym101
8/22/15

I'm not using my credit card and giving away my information! I tried using the App Store for match.com and it wasn't working and made things more complicated!

sallyc14
8/21/15

i learned 10 days after the fact that I accidentally hit the subscription button twice, so I was charged twice for a one month subscription. I only learned it when I looked at my credit card statement. I politely asked for a refund for one of the charges and they refused. I think that is ridiculous. I recommend you skip match, go to the free site, plenty of fish, and there's more people there!

peterb110
8/21/15

BEWARE THE NEGATIVE OPTION BILLING AT MATCH!!!
I received my VISA statement today and surprise, surprise!!!
I found out the hard way that health clubs and gyms aren't the only ones who practice the sleazy art of negative option billing!
I thought I had signed up with "Match" with an online promotion for only six months.
Silly me I didn't read through the bloody yards of fine print "section B of section 12" to be exact to educate myself on the "AUTOMATIC" renewal. Of course there is no warning in the promotion of the negative option billing scam.
I find this practice deplorable.
Any halfway honorable company would at the very least send me an e-mail advising me that my 6 month membership would soon be at an end and give me the option to personally renew or, if I so choose, to cancel if that is what I wished to do.
I phoned Match and told them that I did not wish to sign on for another six months, in fact I had pretty much stopped using the site after 3 1/2 months (see why below) they basically told me tough luck! Crappy customer relations/service.
I will make sure to put the word out!

PS. Hey, just for the record...."Match"..... I am now in a wonderful relationship with a terrific woman who contacted me on "POF"... a FREE dating site, no negative option billing problems there!!!

patriciac68
8/20/15

Absolutely the most frustrating company ....they are scammers ripping ppl offf ....my 3 month subscription expired months ago , haven't accessed the site because they said my prescription has run out....which I was happy about ....now they just charges 6 months on my credit card .....frigging scammers ! And they just keep saying sorry ....going to take them to the better business bureau..... Everyone should report them ......clearly they are a disgusting piece of $#*!......

maxc29
8/17/15

DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY

i downloaded the app. i do not have a tablet and don't sit my a pc all day. i paid using the app, the app then does not work. i wanted to use the app version they have.

i search in my area and i get people on the other side of the country. i tell them and their response is go to the web address version..NO, i paid under the premise of using the app. that was the mode of purchase and that''s what i paid for.

compound this with the no reply email; they always use you end up going around in circles with them. further to this, the app seemingly does download emails correctly or rather doesn't let you reply most the time. ... will i get my money back....NO,,, why? because they are con artist scvm

oh and don't forget their slimy tactics of auto renew.....if you sign up you NEED to cancel your auto renew straight away or they will bill you another £30 at the month whether you want it or not. but this is not an easy thing to do. the button to do it is well hidden, also when you find the button, be prepared for endless "are you sure boxes" "questions" and free boosts which will if clicked stop you cancelling your auto renew. absolute an utter scam.

rubenq1
8/13/15

This company has been sending me Spam for approx 6 Years. Data Harvesting / Affiliate Tracking. It is driving me insane!

cindym61
8/12/15

This company is a total rip off. They will just keep charging you even after you cancelled your subscription 6 months ago. So go to your bank and cancel your card before they can take more money even if they tell you they have cancelled your subscription. They will even tell you that they will send you an email of the cancellation yet you will not see one. Or should I say I haven't seen one and I have cancelled now twice this year and haven't used the site in months. However to my surprise they charged me again. And they refuse to refund my money when no services have been rendered. This company sucks and be careful for the male scammers on this site as well, they probably work for Match.

stellap4
8/12/15

'Match' didn't match me with anyone suitable and was very sneaky at charging me for another month when I didn't want to renew my subscription. They refused to refund me the additional month which has left me £45 out of pocket. Wouldn't recommend.

patrickc48
8/11/15

Full of fake profiles at least 5 different women asked me to send money to pay for things like cancer treatment and children.Match took almost 140 euros from my account for 6 months.customer service is the worst I have ever seen.lots of fake profiles and fake photos.

josephf41
8/6/15

What's the big deal, if you want to ensure your not billed again etc simply report your card lost/stolen and the details they have will be invalidated, easier than calling up some stupid 10p a minute service, and if your really having problems with the whole consumer ramblings and believe you were ripped off file a chargeback claim with your bank?

amandab86
8/2/15

I joined match on a month by month payment scheme. I cancelled my payment using the exact method advertised online and they still took charged me. I contacted them via email and phone several times and I was told there was nothing they could do. This is a massive scam and I know this happens on a regular basis. I would not recommend match to anyone.

katt23
8/1/15

I used Match.com years ago, when the price was fair, the interface made more sense, and canceling was easy. I came here to write that now the interface is a hot mess, and I feel like a sucker paying for a subscription when I get a much better user experience on OK Cupid, which is free!!! I have yet to find the right guy, but that is not the sites' faults.

tammyw18
7/30/15

I stupidly signed up for a year. I have met someone off line and haven't even been on the site a month. I have to pay for the entire year. Stay away from this site. Way to many glitches on the mobile site and took forever to approve photos.

Horrible, horrible service!!!!!!!

hillaryb7
7/28/15

I wish I would have read more reviews before agreeing to try Match.com. The site is ok, I suppose it did what they said it would. I personally did not find any members who I would be interested in meeting in person, but I guess some have had success. I met someone offline, so I called to cancel my subscription. The customer service representative told me the date I needed to cancel by to not be charged another fee, and I did cancel it before that date, just as he had advised. Low and behold, I was charged $69 on this month's credit card statement, and the representative I spoke to today responded with, "There is nothing we can do. I'm sorry." He would not discuss the fact that I am paying for a service I NEVER used, not once, after my first subscription expired (because it had been canceled... or so I thought). He said that I did everything correctly in canceling my membership and he guaranteed that, going forward, they would not charge my account. Great... but what about this $69 charge that I should not be paying?! I give their site 2 stars, because I suppose it might work for some. I give their customer service and hidden fees 0 stars! Extremely disappointed that a company can charge a previous customer's credit card and NOT be obligated to refund the money. Something is not right about that. :-(

ocalagatorw
7/27/15

Match.com is is trying to rip me off. Just like many people are saying on this and many different sites, even when you deactivate your account, Match will still charge your card. The customer service staff clearly does not give a damn about logic or obvious mistakes. "Sorry, nothing we can do." This is the only thing they will say.

I do have to say that despite the hassle of using the site for dating, I did find some nice women. But, navigating the site and working with "customer service" staff is a nightmare! Never again!!!

virginiad7
7/27/15

Unreliable and unethical. Their customer service is horrible, the site itself is not user friendly (unless you have 7 hours a day to go through emails and sort through their terrible messaging platform.... then again, if you're inside for 7 hours it's probably how they keep you single and paying).

My card was charged again after having my account deactivated and their excuse was "there is not record of you requesting this".

But is there an email address or other way to notate this request? Nope.

Unbelievable.

stephe916
7/24/15

Be careful!!! Once you inactivate your account you will continue to get charged. Match.com will refund only one of these charges as a "courtesy". They are ripping people off to make money! Customer service is completely non-existent. My account shows it is completely inactive... I haven't logged in for at least 6 months. Why charge an inactive account???

beachl3
7/23/15

Hackers and scanners have hit this site, match.com needs ti tighten up their security. On top of my discontent with the site asking for more money to even match you with someone after you have already paid..I found no customer svc support phone nimbers anywhwre on the site page

cindyj25
7/20/15

My profile was up a little over two months, from June 14, 2014 to August 21, 2014. I just received the automatic renewal for $204.54 which is very sneakily employed, I might add. I called to request a credit as my profile had been taken down and I thought I had terminated my account on the site. Stupid me, I thought they would deal fairly with me.

They recognize I did not use the site, their policy is they do not issue credits. So, I have paid over $400 to use a site for less than three months with no hope of recompense.

rebeccag26
7/16/15

the auto renewal is a scam. I removed auto renewal from my account immediately after I signed up for one month. I was recharged and there is no refund to be had. This is illegal.

gregoryn7
7/16/15

I signed up for 6 month guarantee where if you don't find a Match in that time, you get an additional 6 months for free. I noticed after the 6 months that I was charged full price again. When I finally got a hold of the representative, she said you must notify Match a week before expiration of your intention to take advantage of the free 6 months.

In other words, you have to affirmatively tell them you want the free subscription that you already signed up for and earned! I asked why anyone decide to pay full price for something they're already entitled to for free?! No answer. No refund. Complete scam

miguelr11
7/13/15

I initially created a free profile last Thursday 7-9-15 and soon realized that you could not interact with others without a paid subscription. Since it said there were women interested in my profile I wanted to find out who they were. So I signed up to be a member on 7-10-15. All of their packages seemed expensive but I found a 20% coupon and was just going to get a 1 month ($32 dollars with the discount) but for $20 more I could get 3 months so I thought it was a good deal. I regret this so much now. It turned out that all of the women who winked at me and the 1 who wanted to chat were not real. Within moments a lot of the women who liked any of my pictures or winked could not be found anymore or there profiles would be listed as hidden. The one that actually chatted with me started to feel fake really fast and I could really tell something was fishy when they tried to quickly connect with me outside of the site. I wanted to cancel and get a refund that very first day I signed up 7-10-15 but their office hours were over. I sent an email but decided to chat with someone to close the account and get a refund online today Monday 7-13-15. This did not go well. Even though I explained what happened and that I did not feel secure using their service and that I immediately tried to cancel they said they could not refund 1 dollar of what I paid. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said the same thing. This is unethical and wrong in my opinion. After reading all the other reviews this seems abusive and illegal and a government agency needs to get involved. I will keep writing to other organizations like the Better Business Bureu and alert as many people as I can to not use this fraudulent service. Stay away!!

jimb160
7/7/15

I had not been on the service for weeks because I meet someone at my gym, so canceled my subscription, then I found out a couple days after match auto-billed me and would not refund me for 3 month subscription I will never use, so for a 3 day period "I never used" I am being charged $71.97?? I specifically did NOT want to be auto-billed but apparently match just over rides the customers request. I called and spoke to someone NOT in the USA that spoke VERY poor English! ridiculous!! I am Very Dissatisfied!!

tomj68
7/5/15

I have used Match.com on and off for a few years. It was above the boards in the beginning, but as time went by, greed took over and it became a "Bait and Switch". I understand of course that profit is the motivating factor behind any business venture, and I fully endorse it. However, there is a point when greed surpasses morality and the venture becomes dishonest...Match.com passed that line miles ago!!!
Q: Are the profiles real?
A: Yes, for the most part.
They do however have false profiles (Bots) in the system designed to deceive the potential user. When a potential customer posts a "FREE" profile, he/she will be inundated with winks, likes, and email from other users. (Some are from real paying users) You can't read them unless you pay to join. As soon as you do, and try to reply to these goddesses from all around your area, "Surprise!!!!!!!!!" Suddenly 90% of them don't exist. This is what's known as a "bait and switch" It is in fact illegal, but to pursue any legal course simply isn't worth the individual's effort. When you cancel your subscription, the BOTS are again activated and you are hit again with false replies. Never mind you didn't hear from a soul the entire time you were a paying member.
Q: Can you communicate with other members?
A: Yes...Sorta'.
You paid right? You should be able to email anyone you like right? WRONG!!! You can send an email to anyone you like...and they will receive it if their profile was not intentionally deactivated (hidden or deleted) by the user. However, unless the recipient is a paying member, they can't open it nor respond. (BUT YOU PAID WITH THE EXPECTATION OF BEING ABLE TO SEND EMAILS AND RECEIVE A RESPONSE) Also, unless the user deletes or hides their profile upon quitting the site, it remains visible. That means that about 90% of the profiles you are viewing belong to users who no longer visit the site...and of the ones that do, only paying members can be contacted and respond (I don't know, but that's probably only a couple percent of the profiles you are viewing)
Q: Can anybody browse my profile?
A: Yes. HOWEVER.........
This is the part that pissed me off the most. Now you can pay for "Top Spot". That means that you can pay extra (it ain't cheap) to show up in the searches during peak traffic times. Essentially, what that means is that unless you pay extra, almost no one will see your profile when browsing (especially in urban and metropolitan areas) It's exactly the same a paying to skip the line at an amusement park.

I get it...Really!! It's truly brilliant and creates an unbelievable revenue stream for Match.com. I do applaud them for that, but in reality it's a "gorilla warfare business tactic"...and it preys on the emotions of the public. From a consumer standpoint, you're getting hosed. As long as you know the aforementioned information going into it...Go for it. It is what it is...it does work (as well as shopping for love in a false reality can...everyone's lying).

kevint47
7/2/15

Maybe thats a clever play on words and maybe its all too real.

Consider, a year ago I tried the free version just to look around and get a feel for the site. I uploaded an image of myself that in all honesty broke records. I have the site notify emails to prove it.

It was the MOST LIKED image for: 1) an hour, 2) a day, 3) a week, & 4) a month for my category.

So with all those hundreds and hundreds of LIKES, that certainly brought me a mailbox FULL OF MESSAGES RIGHT?

I mean then I would HAVE to buy a membership to read them. Thats not exactly what happened. In fact what did happen still creeps me out.

You can see my icon image here so I am not some weirdo looking guy. Although this is not the image I used at match its a good picture and should at least get positive responses. That other one should have overflowed my inbox.

However what did happen was on a SCHEDULE, and I mean AN EXACT SCHEDULE, of every so many hours + a day timed one as well .....

I would get a site notification that SOME ONE WANTED TO MEET ME.

Well I would look up that person by name on the site and would ALWAYS GET A NOTICE: THIS PERSONS ACCOUNT DOES NOT EXIST.

On time I tried this only seconds after the notification came. OH MY.

So I began researching the ownership group behind this mega match conglomerate. And what I found was not so good. In fact there is a literal CARTEL behind all these online sites and they COOPERATE among themselves via SHARING DATA AND USER INFO DATA BASES.

Careful examination of match revealed that upwards of 60% OF ALL PROFILES THERE ARE LAB CREATED aka BOTS.

And there is a highly sohisticated software package that based on a timer and also certain real user account actions....

will AUTO NOTIFY YOU IN ORDER TO MOTIVATE YOU TO A PAYING STATUS. This includes staff created messages and system created ones.

Its sad to me because there are probably 30 MILLION professional and/or educated people in the US alone that are legitimately trying to find a mate.

This includes both men & women. Its really sad also that NO GOVERNMENT CONSUMER PROTECTION AGENCY WILL WEIGH IN ON THIS AND BEGIN IMPOSING REGULATIONS.

Please do not confuse NET NEUTRALITY WITH LAWLESSNESS. Billions of dollars anually are spent towards online dating, meeting, matching, and sex hookup sites.

THIS STUFF IS AS POWERFUL AND ADDICTING A DRUG AS ANYTHING COMING OUT OF COLUMBIA.

So watch yourself. This is not a woman or man thing. ITS A PEOPLE THING and it will get you.

-k

sharin5
6/25/15

They send you people that are interested but they havent been on the site since their free trial is over. I complained and they sent me ssupposed proof of notes sent to me from the last ten years. I did a free trial then. So i actually paid and its same guy that are on free plenty of fish and 99 percent of the profiles are even real or active members they send matches from that pool. They say that shouldnt happen all lies 3 months havent for one real live person. Huge waste of money.

johns912
6/22/15

I write this post in follow-up to my earlier one which outlines in detail what I suggest may help avoid billing problems.

This posting outlines the specific steps I follow. These insure I have proof and documentation that I can provide my charge card company if match should ever inappropriately charge me.

1st) Create/update profile's 'in my words' to insure it has what I want in it AND that it is the approved status.

2)Go to subscription page.with heading 'Select Your Plan and Lock In Your Rate'

Here you will be presented with bundles DO NOT select any bundle. Instead select the tab labeled 'BASIC PLANS'. This is tricky in that it highlights 12, 6, 3 month plans HOWEVER if you scroll down to about mid-screen it has nondecript in regular grey text has the 'Full Price 1 month minimum $35.99 per month'. <<=== BE SURE TO SELECT THIS TO GET ONLY A SINGLE MONTHS SUBSCRIPTION/MEMBERSHIP.

3) You will now be in the 'Power Up your profile' screen where you may can select add-ons. In my history the two worthwhile. First read receipt so you can know if your email has been read. Note you can send emails to non-member but they can not read it unless they decide to sign up just to read your email which is not likely to happen.
Second is the option that allows non-member to read AND respond to your emails.
Both are additional but that way you can be sure the person you write to can both read and can respond to your email.

Once again, I believe all together is about 51 bucks.

Select continue to advance to next screen

3) Now you should be on the screen titled:
'Enter payment information to complete your subscription'
!!! IMPORTANT TO NOTE THE REVIEW YOUR SUBSCRIPTION BOX IN UPPER RIGHT TO SEE

VERY VERY IMPORTANT - TO AVOID AUTO RENEW

NOTE THE NOT NONDESCRIPT TEXT 3/4 DOWN PAGE WHICH READS:

Your subscription will automatically renew for the same price and package length until you cancel via your Account Settings page. By subscribing, you authorize us to charge your card now and upon each renewal. Learn More '

FROM THIS CLAUSE ABOVE IS THE THE ONLY THE ONLY WAY CAN ELECT TO >>NOT<< AUTO RENEWAL.

This pops up a window that outlines the match auto renewal process.

Be sure to read this complete posting to get a complete understanding on how to avoid auto renewal.

4) Enter your billing info after reviewing your SUBSCRIPTION BOX LOCATED IN UPPER RIGHT SIDE OF SCREEN.

5) You will receive an email from match with your membership activation info.

6) At this point you have purchased a membership for your desired length. Match policies do not provide pro-rated refunds. Thus part of the reason I suggest paying only a month at a time.

7) !!!! VERY IMPORTANT, DO THIS RIGHT AFTER YOU SUSBCRIBE SO AS TO AVOID AUTO RENEWAL "

The trick is to simply go into match and cancel your membership. Indeed this seems counter intuitive. But since you already paid for your first month or months your membership will acttually expire at the end of month 1,3,9 or twelve. The purpose of doing this now is so that you do not forget to cancel. By policy match will NOT AUTO RENEWAL accounts which have been cancelled.

6) You should receive an email from match stating you have cancelled and sorry to see you go. KEEP THIS FOR YOUR RECORDS SHOULD ANY BILLING PROBLEM ARISE. With this and the other steps above you have subscribed and your membership will go inactive, without auto renewal.

7) I recommend that later while you membership is active, that you again cancel. Match will again send you a email stating your account will end at the end of the first period. Once again the purpose of this is document that you have cancelled(now twice) and this should serve to avoid any confusion by match in the future. Remember, your charge card company will back you if you proved you cancelled which the emails are proof of.

Last but not least match will ask you while you are cancelling, what can they do, etc. As most will think this is for them to improve the product it is more likely used to call/contact you and try to sell you and extending or renewing.

!!! Be aware, your profile remains after you cancel you membership. Then in the future you can suscribe again for another month or longer period..

As I've stated before watch the match subscription screens and select options carefully. It will help you get what you want without any nasty surprize charges.

Best to my fellow solos. One of our societies most unrecognized groups. Together we can do more than any one person can.

Tip for consumers: Have fun meeting others despite match's ridgid
policies and lack of compassion for it's
customers.

Remember orher members are fellow singles, a slice of Americana, the good the bad and yes the ugly. And there are indeed nice people
out there believe it or not. My best friend met his
wife there and has been happily married with child for 10 years

I figure for a little spurge on a membership occasionally helps keep me in the dating pool.

brianb73
6/18/15

I don't like auto re bill, so I ask them about how to not be re billed before joining. They told me right where to go after joining and click the box to not be re billed which I did, I'm thinking that when my 3 months is close to being up, they will let me know to rejoin for another 3 or my emails from match will stop automatically. But these dishonest money hungry out for themselves and not for us sight disregarded my auto re bill and quietly sent 4 emails that me not paying attention to being past my 3 months and re billed over 74 dollars and will not refund my money, so I have to file a claim against them. This is what makes them real sleazy is they ask for my cancellation # which they did not give me after cancelling after joining so I would a lose ground against a claim after opening 4 emails after 3 months and no cancellation #. These people are as bad as they get!! They are out for your money and not for our love life. I also got only a few replies in 3 months because most are free members that they offer to get your picture and account to make them look big and bait us along with girls that will never be able to reply, unless they PAY and as with me PAY AND PAY!!!

snowballerw
6/18/15

I was one of the better profiles on match.com and they kept my status as online. Even when I logged out, turned off my phone and computer, disconnected my internet, my friend said I was still online. When I mentioned this in my profile, match.com removed the entire comment about keeping the better profiles online. Sounds like proof enough that match.com is doing this to entice more users to pay and not because there are legitimate people actually online.

markd97
6/16/15

why do the women do not respond to me when I match what they are looking for? I sent over 400 E-mails and only got 14 responses (10 were SCAMMERS)

louisea11
6/16/15

PLEASE DO NOT JOIN THIS DATING SITE. I joined and paid by $77 plus, however after realizing that I was being asked constantly to update to read email responses, I realized I had been taken. I am a senior on a fixed income and the enrollment too ALL OF MY SAVINGS. After several requests for a refund, a 'manager' called me back. He was totally unsympathetic and had no compassion or understanding of my situation. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM my friends. Try a free site like PLENTY OF FISH. Namaste.

natep2
6/15/15

I would have been better off taking the money I spent on my Match subscription and handing it out to random girls on the street in exchange for their number.

abbec
6/13/15

Don't waste your money. It's a gimmick. The site is full of scammers and Match puts their members at risk for being hacked and having their financial accounts compromised by these scammers. Match does nothing about it, yet it is easy to recognize a scammer's profile if you have been on for a bit.

There should be a law suit against them. They own OK Cupid and Our Time and situation on those sites is the same. Match should hang it's corporate head in shame.

arnoldb35
6/12/15

Don't bother. You're paying to have women ignore you.

robertc153
6/12/15

At first I thought I was accepting a discounted membership for a subscription. I quickly learned my membership which I had every intention of cancelling was extended. ($96 total) I called customer service and was told "Subscription fees are NON refundable!!!" WHAT? VERY SHADY!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor... no surprise ...non available! It seems Marlene, Eralis and Sharalyn were all on break together??? I'm then told to call back within 45 minutes??? Play phone tag...or whatever because Match.Com doesn't return calls. Then after waiting on hold ...I'm told I'll get a partial refund. So, in other words my elevated BP could probably been avoided? All the rep had to do was provide GOOD customer service. Gee ...is that so hard? Now I have to spend more of my valuable time trying to get my hard earned money back ...that was so underhandedly stolen from me. Not to mention the time it will take on social media to make other innocent customer aware of the shady tactics MATCH.COM uses. THANKS A LOT MATCH.COM for the trickery and horrible customer service.

billb121
6/9/15

Most matches are not current members and cannot read our reply to you without paying for a new membership. Plenty of shady billing practices too.

donnaj16
6/9/15

It took a few tries but ended up finding my husband on Match.com Very Happy!

rodw8
6/8/15

match.com takes your money in the trail. You can't then reach them and ask them to give it back there's a lot of scams non real people on here helping further the cyber theft problem

claireh31
6/2/15

The site is full of scammers. How can you tell? Well, usually, the scammer will have only one photo posted (sometimes with a child) and he (or she) will be widowed. Their essays are canned as sound really flowery, like they should be on a Hallmark getting card. And, if you do strike up a correspondence, their emails will be loaded with spelling and grammatical errors which is indicative that English is not their first language. And they will always tell you that their account is about to expire and could you email them at joeblowatyahoodotcom. I swear all of there idiot scammers use Yahoo and they ALWAYS spell out their email addresses verbatim. Morons. Also Match does use "dead" profiles to entice people to join. I know someone em who once worked there and was told that this was common practice at Match.

brittanym25
6/2/15

If I could rate them a zero I would.
I recently signed up for match.com after my friends had convinced me to do it. I did the 7 day free trial then saw something for a 6 month subscription. It said $19.99 for 6 months. Then it had $119 (and some change) for the subscription. So I thought I'd be charged $19.99 each month for 6 months. Boy was I wrong they charge you the full price up front. I've called and spoke to at least four people and they said it's a black and white matter, I sent one email, and it's in the terms and conditions they can't refund me. Let's be honest no one reads the terms and conditions (now I will) afterwards I read them and it says nothing about what the representatives are saying unless I'm missing the section. I said I'd take half the money it's not like I used the site for three weeks and decided I didn't want to be charged, I sent one email noticed it was all charged at once and immediately cancelled the subscription, it wasn't even a day be being subscribed and they won't do anything about it. The supervisors are very unprofessional, have no type of compassion, and cut you off when you're talking. I've told them I feel like it's false advertisement that they have $19.99 for 6 months when in reality they don't mean that. The man said it says $119 and I'm entitled to my opinion. It doesn't specify enough if you're being charged the full amount or what. I think that they shouldn't be allowed to say that on their website if that's not what you're truly being charged and specify which amount you're being charged. I'm sure I'm not the only person who thought I'd be charged over a 6 month period. I've contacted my bank and they said once their charges clear my account they'll try to help me dispute it and I hope something can be done.

andreask8
6/2/15

Hi! This is Andreas from Germany!

Match is one of the better sites you will find when it comes to dating. Maybe even the second best dating site I know after Mingle2day, followed by only a few of other general dating sites.

There are 100s and 1000s of general dating sites but most of them are not legit and reliable. Match is also not perfect and might have some issues but trust me that the "competitors" are hardly any better, with exception for mentioned Mingle2day and maybe FriendFinder24.com.

I see that many singles are complaining about Match because for several reasons. But once you learn how to use online dating you will be fine. There might be only mingle2day as an alternative to match becasue this site is really huge and reliable!

Regards - Andreas

marshas8
5/31/15

Do not attend any of the Match Mixers. They are a scam, over priced and never give refunds once they get your money.

I am so angry at the misrepresentation and have written to Match three times only to be told they never give refunds.

Also, I am not impressed with the contact. The pictures are of handsome men that look younger than their years but all either live long distance or to not follow through with a meeting.

This site truly is a rip off!!!

dlaijnes
5/20/15

When I cancelled, there WAS a 'hidden' "do not automatically renew" which I selected. After about 2 years, I wound up SCREAMING at a match.com representative to cancel my subscription.
They bold-faced (though I couldn't see the face) LIED to me. If my husband drops dead tomorrow, (didn't meet on match), I'm going to eHarmony.
Never again. NEVER (something I can say with complete confidence)

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I am very disappointed with having joined a week ago. The matches are not in line with what I have requested on my profile. I have received very little responses from what appears as active prospects. I would like to cancel my membership. I was a member back in 2004 and found it very successful and nothing to compare with my experience this time. I would like my questions answered… Thank you for your time. Terri179
5/4/15
Answer
markk53
A: You will have a hard time getting your money back Terri. The first time I was with them years ago, I forgot the auto renewal and tried to get my money back and they fought me tooth and nail. This time I tried both Ourtime and Match and both experiences were not good though Ourtime was a bit better. I agree with some of the answers here that Match baits you toward the end of your subscription with possible contacts, but since I cannot proof that I have to add that disclaimer. Everything you have run into with your experience I have had with mine.
5/6/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I was a member of Match.com for 12 years, YES 12 YEARS. About a week ago, I tried to log onto their site, and got a message that my account had been blocked. I called and asked why. I was told that I violated some terms of their agreements with their members, but they're not allowed to disclose the reason. If I wanted to know, I would have to get a subpoena. I know what I did NOT do. I did NOT do any of the following on their site:

Threaten anyone
Use profanity
Attempt to scam anyone out of money
Send naked pictures
Use other people's pictures and claim them to be mine.
Use old pictures
Lie about details on my profile.

Several times I asked if they could reconsider their issue with me since I have been a member in good standing for 12 years, and reinstate my membership. I was always told no.
So does anyone have any suggestions?
5/8/15
Answer
gracem44
A: Everyone should have a good idea about these sites. I am super disappointed in Match. They match you with anyone...If you answer the question that "dogs" are your favorite animal, they match you on that alone, crazy. I like dogs, I have no dogs, I travel a lot and don't want to worry about them...and I would do so.
There is a lot of scammers on THE SITE. Men would write me and ask for my phone number or email address..sometimes it's women too. I contacted Match right away and they said to just block these people..well, I had at least a dozen of out of the country whackos wanting me..blocked!
Match took advantage of my credit card and after I left the site for good, Verified with them live on the PHONE..I wanted them to remove my info and they said they could not remove my credit card info from their data base. I contacted MY CC company and changed my acct #. This was a problem since I had to contact everyone that I use my card with. I find things totally disturbing and wonder why they want my info stored on their system.
DO NOT trust them with your info. They want you rmoney and then. it's over..until time to renew.
I dislike this site..people have been there for years and use the site as a dating source only. It's bad, trust me. I am a good catch, great job, normal person, nice looking, I had over 5000 emails the first 3 mons..they offered me free 2 mons with purchase of one..I DID NOT want to stay. So they charged me for a full three mons again second term.
I hope that there is love found from any site but there needs to be a better way to do it..They need to work for the money they make..they are raking it in and truthfully, I felt pretty stupid for trying..Goodluck to all
1 day ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

1 Coupon for Match.com

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Match.com to save!
Go to Match.com