US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mickp6

The bad part is that it can be really hard to get a driver sometimes. (in 49 reviews)

anthonyp52

They are the only company I have encountered that doesn't have a phone number for basic customer service issues. (in 7 reviews)

anf7

Lyft app requests drivers when I am NOT requesting one. (in 30 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

veronicaw18
2/4/16

I would not recommend this service for the following reasons; Lyft automatically place a $25 hold on your account upon signing up. That hold will tie up your funds for about 7 days. subsequently they place the $25 hold on your account whenever you login to the app rather you request a ride or not. Again the hold will tie up your funds for about 7 days. When you have an issue with their service and use the "help" options you will get a general automated response and that's it. No one will call you no one will respond via email. So they essentially take your money and don't respond to your request for review of the charges. I downloaded the app and once I found out about the holds I deleted the app. Months later I started to get emails urging me to use a free ride before it expired. On the last day for the free ride to expire, they posted charges to my card totaling $75.. When I requested a review and refund...crickets!!! No way to call and talk to a human and they totally did not respond at all. Stay away from this company.

josieb2
1/31/16

Driver hung up on me and left me stranded terrible service I waited 40 mins and was late to work

carolh72
1/31/16

Terrible and very, very incompetent. Drivers don't seem to ever know there way around the city and apparently don't know how to utilize a GPS system! I hate this service, or should I say lack of service, and therefore I will never ever use them again.

robertk135
1/28/16

I requested a ride from Howell NJ to Jackson NJ at 12:30 am. I was accepted by Anthony in Freehold NJ. After accepting me he called me up and said to camcel him because it was worth his time taking me. Each time I requested a ride he accepted and then told me to cancel, this went on for sn hour. He said he accepts sll requests to build his rating. Complaints to Lyft were ignored. If you cancel too many times you get charged if the the driver says picked up I get billed and still get stuck. Use any one else The driver was Anthony phone number 443-843-0230. Dont use this driver.

anf7
1/27/16

Lyft app requests drivers when I am NOT requesting one. I was just dropped off at the airport and unbeknownst to me another driver was requested. When he called I clarified that I did not request the ride. He cancelled. Then your app automatically requested another driver which I did not need again. Lot of confusion. On the brighter side most of the drivers are exceptionally nice.

joel690
1/25/16

Driver no show. Only thing you do - huge fail.

aprilp27
1/20/16

The driver went to the wrong location & started the trip, when I figured out how to call from the app, he would not come to the correct address. My device clearly indicated he was 2 blocks away. I canceled the ride I got charged more than the ride would have cost to complete. Uber showed up within 2 minutes and as usual we were in route immediately. I will not stray away from Uber again no matter how many "free" ride" codes Lyft drivers peddle. Oh and my $50 free ride credit didn't apply to driver error.

dianek36
1/19/16

Summary: Use all their first-time rider coupons and then go with UBER!!!

I've been using Lyft for three weeks now (mainly to get to work during the cold weather) and I'm sad to report that everyday has been an ordeal using Lyft!!! Uber is soooo much better and the drivers seem more knowledgeable in terms of street smarts and navigation.

Here is a summary of the problems I've encountered with LYFT:

1) Drivers, while nice, are not great drivers and cannot navigate (even with a GPS). I had one driver turn from a middle lane and otherwise drive awfully, one driver who didn't even know where SE was and another driver who didn't even know what the difference was between car pool and single passenger service (I HAD TO EXPLAIN IT TO HIM!)

2) Car pool sucks! I tried car pool and first, it takes 10 minutes for them to pick you up and then they drove (in my case, about 4-5 miles out of my way in the opposite direction) to pick up the other person (who was late!!!) and then drops her off in (I'm going to SE - could she be even further out of my way?!??). Then the driver doesn't know how to use the Lyft app and ends up driving us back to the office building in Georgetown (where the other girl got off) as our "next stop." When I told him that my address was in SE, he didn't know how to use his own GPS. He kept turning on PA Avenue rather than K Street. We ended looped around the same block THREE TIMES (during rush hour traffic, pedestrians and lights adding over 15 minutes to my trip) before he finally listened to me that he was making the wrong turn each time! My otherwise 15 minute commute to work took over 55 minutes!!!

3) One morning, the driver's ETA was "2 minutes." Well AFTER 8 MINUTES, I could see on my app that the driver NEVER MOVED the car and NO PROGRESS was made to come to my home. YET the app still said she was "2 minutes away." I cancelled my ride because at this point I was late to work and they had the audacity to charge me a $5 cancellation fee when their own software could have told them that their driver NEVER moved her car to even try and pick me up!

4) The way they apply credits towards rides is a total rip off. In short, I had a few credits on my account. One $10 credit expiring tomorrow and one $20 credit (for referring a friend to Lyft - BIG MISTAKE) that expired a month from now. Well the geniuses at Lyft and their app, used my $20 credit this morning for a $12 trip instead of applying the $10 credit that EXPIRES TOMORROW even though there is nothing in their policies explaining the logic and method for applying credit. After multiple backs and forth with Lyft, telling them that their app was faulty, irrational and defies commonsense, they refuse to return my $20 credit. Basically, now I'm stuck with a credit that expires in less than 14 hours while they wasted my $20 credit for a $12 trip (so I lose $8 in credit). STUPID!!!!

I HATE LYFT!!!!!! I hope this sub-par company is finished off by UBER!

Tip for consumers: Yes, type in www.UBER.com instead!

andrews179
1/16/16

The driver failed to show up, then Lyft texted me that I had missed the ride, but because it was a "free ride," Lyft would not charge me! IDIOTS! How does this horrible company survive? I have NEVER experienced worse service/unresponsiveness! Egregious ineptitude! The company does not allow would-be patrons to contact it except through an incredibly poorly designed "help center" page on its website. No phone number is available. Ridiculous Amateur Hour! Time to go out of business, Lyft!

kernanm
1/7/16

I used Lyft 3 times. The first 2 times were fine. The third time, last night January 8, 2016, I requested a lift at 1pm after a dinner party on my way home from the airport. From a popular restaurant in a city of over 100,000 population, the fastest response time was 15 minutes. However, the first driver who accepted my request, Jennifer, never showed after 15 minutes and would not respond to calls or texts. The second driver, Darin, did the same thing. So, the restaurant closed and I was left out in the wind and rain. I found an overhang but the wind was so bad I still got drenched. After nearly an hour of no-shows, I called a conventional taxi. Had they just replied "no drivers available" I would not have nearly frozen.
Here is where i gets really bad: the next day I tried to delete my account and credit card and there is no way to do that. It's been over 6 hours since I contacted support via email with no response. To add insult to injury 11 hours later a driver responded and said "I'm on my way" when I hit the cancel ride button I soon got a $5 cancellation receipt....11 hours after I requested the ride??? Consumers should know that while this service may be okay during working/peak hours, however Lyft is totally unreliable in situations such as emergencies or to avoid driving after drinking...situations when you really need a ride. Who accepts a fair then just leaves the customer standing in the rain without the courtesy of a text??? Evidently this is a common thing with Lyft. I would not recommend this service to anyone. You can't count on them showing up.

shireeb
1/4/16

I started to see Lyft charges on my credit card and it was obvious that someone was fraudently using my credit card on their account. I emailed Lyft several times - even called the critical line (they were no help!) and STILL NO RESPONSE!! 7 DAYS LATER!! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT FRAUD HERE - THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!

I've used Uber and their customer service is stellar - they would have already had this resolved for me.

I AM NEVER USING LYFT AGAIN!! BEWARE!!!

scottc85
12/21/15

Lyft blows! Had free credits and requested a ride within 15 minutes 2 different drivers cancelled. Then the one that was assigned didn't move on the map for20 minutes after saying it would arrive in 5! Cancelled that ride and called Uber who arrived in 3 minutes! Lyft, u had your shot and you blew it!

brittanym25
12/11/15

I've never used lift before and decided to use it because my sister uses it and has no problems. I got the app and had a free ride up to $5 so I said I'll just go ahead and use it. I was in a restaurant requested a ride and waited patiently. The estimated time arrival was 13 minutes, so I sat and continued to finish my drink. Well about 7 minutes later I closed my tab thinking the driver would be there soon. WRONG I opened the app again to see how far away the driver was and it still said 13 minutes. So I continued to wait and wait and WAIT for about 30-45 minutes. Finally I canceled the ride and requested a new one, right away that driver declined me. I request ANOTHER ride and waited 5 minutes before canceling that ride. Anytime my debit card is used without being swiped (bills automatically being taken out things of that nature) I'm notified that it is being used and I got an email that lyft charged me $25. I googled to see if they had a customer service number, called it, and the number is a machine telling you to file a complaint online. Can we say how convenient that is for them that they don't actually have to hear people complain. So I did that and got an email back saying that they took a look at my account and I'm not being charged and gave me a credit to use for a ride and told me that the time they give is an estimate. Which I understand but if the drive is going to be over 30 minutes late from the "estimated time" they should contact you and let you know. Low and behold I check my account the next day my account is pending a $25 charge from lyft. All of this trying to get a free ride (up to $5) was NOT worth it. I sent another email to them and haven't heard a response from them about this. Money is money I don't want to be charged for something that I haven't used. I've taken uber a few times and will continue to. Lyft is not a good company.

carlc30
12/8/15

This Company is terrible. I haven't taken a ride since August. They've been taking money from my account. I emailed them at least 4 times. They said they would get back to me. It's been a month. I reported them to the BBB. Awful experience, no phone number for customer service, it just redirects you back to their website. Stay away from them.

michellet67
12/5/15

The first time I went to use the app I was in the store about to pay for my items. I had spent the entire day in an Uber and decided, "Hey, let me use a credit from Lyft to try it out." The app says "we won't charge your card till after..." oh??? okay well I went to check out and the app charge d $30 so I couldn't pay for my items in the store.

THEN when the driver arrived, the app said the car would be WHITE it was clearly silver and you could smell the marijuana from outside of the car. We got in the car and asked if we could cancel the ride.

That is the first and last experience I will have with the lyft app.

kang15
12/5/15

I drive for them like twice a month but haven't done it in a while due to the fact if something happens to you . There is no one to help you I had 3 girls robbed me for a ride and I told lyft it took almost 2 weeks to hear back from them. I think that is dangerous especially if you live in a big city with a high crime rate which is most the cities in America . Also the pay sucks tooo the charge horrible 20% off each ride

reneec9
12/3/15

Lyft has a system that gets rid of most female drivers in the first 6 months. At times Lyft has no email or phone line to help drivers or passages. All Lyft does is copy Uber, good and bad. Women need a safe rideshare to drive and ride. We need drivers and passengers to have clean background reports.
I drove for Lyft and was very uneasy about picking groups of drunk men. I was harassed many times and at the time Lyft was changing its support email and none was available for months.
If you are going to drive make sure you get the maximum Driving bonus. Contact me directly and I will help you get one to three hundred dollars extra. My Gmail account is my full name.
Renee Belinda Cooper
Call or text 619-836-5910

jasminew10
11/23/15

A company is built upon their customers so why is it lyft has the WORST customer service. I would not recommend them to anyone in this world. I would make note that people see the truth of this "scamming" and "unresponsive" company. It is going on weeks and I have yet to get a resolution with my problem or speak to anyone in customer service. Its unbelievable. I'm so mad. They have all these hidden fees. Bad company. Truly the worst.

marcusb61
11/18/15

Went to get in the car and the seat was all the way back and when I got in behind the driver had no space for my knees never tried to move up when I got in my knees got smashed hard when I closed the door he just complained about smoking before we even got in the car and was rushing for us to get our stuff out the back of the car when we was done

constantinr
11/18/15

Stay away from bait and switch scams.that' s all it is.
When you try to contact customer service not a chance.

britneyr1
11/17/15

Lyft is stealing my money through holds. They charge a hold and then don't give it back. I use Lyft everyday and can't afford the charges they charge and after they inconvenience me they don't give me credits to help cover the money they stole. They have been keeping the money they hold on my account and I'm not OK with that. It is stealing.

marielg
11/8/15

Lyft hasn't paid me for several rides and refuses to email back. They are a shady company. No one should ride or drive with them for the sheer fact that they're thieves.

charlesm115
10/30/15

I was driving for them for 3 days. You will work for less than a minimum wage. But the difference is that you own al the risks. Lyft is only business for the client and Lyft itself. I worked 9 hours straight one Friday, made 90 miles to my car, for only $86. Remember, you have to pay for the gas, for the insurance, for the car.

alexa1207
10/30/15

Previously, I successfully used Uber several times and one day I decided to check how much Lyft would charge for the same ride. The Lyft interface is completely stupid and (in contrast to Uber) apparently does not allow to estimate the ride cost. After unsuccessfully trying to estimate Lyft ride fees, I ordered a ride through Uber. After some time I've got a call from Lyft driver telling me he is trying to find my address approximately 5 miles away from my original address (!) I told him that (a) I did not order the ride, (b) he is in a completely wrong location, (c) I do not need Lyft services. Next day Lyft fraudulently charged my credit card! Lyft does have any customer service contacts so you could not even complain anyone about these fraudulent charges! What a scam! I needed to dispute Lyft charges through my credit card.

artk13
10/26/15

Lyft has no customer service. they are terrible to their customers and drivers.

deirdreo
10/25/15

At terrania resort. Requested uber but no uber in area so I decided to try lyft. I requested a car and it came in 4 minutes and I exained to driver I am on the other side of the hotel, so it will take 3-4 minutes for me to get to entrance. She said "no problem!" I get to her and she says - sorry I now have another passenger! Now I have to wait 15 minutes for another driver!!!! I travel a lot and have never had a problem with uber! Really disappointed and angry.

masonc16
10/24/15

Driving for Lyft is fun, meet new people and the pay is good. If you have a car why not join the team. If you want to earn 1000 dollars use my referral LAKEITHA424371 and complete 100 trips in 30 days and u will get 1000

wilsont16
10/23/15

I drive for lyft and the reason I came to lyft is because of the tip option available for riders to click on at the end of the ride to be included on the driver's paycheck. I always drive safely and provide the options of going a bit slower or a bit faster depending on my rider's schedule, I always give the option to stop me at anytime if you need to get something from the store or anything else. I have a 4.96 star overall rating to this date and sometimes my week ends near a 4.98 rating, I have nothing against anyone but it is dissappointing when you realize that the majority of riders don't tip, living in a city where rent is at an all time high and only keeps getting more expensive to live in. Your favorite restaurants/bar service people live based on their tips, isn't it time to stop and think for a moment and think how would you make a living out of the same thing I do, day in and day out and dealing with many intoxicated people that bring my rating down from times even though I babysit them and make sure they make it all the way in their home/apt. Please tip your driver's if he takes good care of you. Plus in the washington dc area per an email I just got it better for riders, since you will be saving 50% off rides during the week not weekends, can you find it somewhere in your heart to tip since you'll be saving more compared to uber, please. :-) I tip all my service people when I am out and about. I used to be a barback, clerk at a lawfirm, and it is just the right thing to do. Uber drivers now rate their customers 4 stars when they dont tip

ninob25
10/21/15

"Why a driver is turned down by Lift When has a excellent driving record, brand new car, good credit, and clean background? Only because he was black,and the girl that interview him in San Diego was white and gay having an attitude against him the whole time. Can this company treat somebody with respect without taking in consideration race and color???

aminam5
10/21/15

I tried Lyft for 45 days in Boston and I found most of their marketing promises of bonuses, referral payouts to be misleading and buried in a mountain of fine prints. Getting 8 to 10 dollars for rides is not worth doing. There is low demand in the service is the suburbs and even in the Boston Downtown area you will find yourself driving in circles and riders canceling last minute.

I did not like driving for Lyft for couple of reasons:
1- They refused to deliver the sign up bonus they promised when I signed up, even though I met all the requirements and their pretext was I did not use a referral code from another driver which was easy for me to do but did not want to reward a random driver who did not referral me to Lyft. There are plenty of people who list their codes online. Lyft failed to make that clear during the sign-up.

2- While I loved the application, Lyft has a low demand in the area and you will be driving for hours fishing for riders, they won't give you an exact location of the demand. Instead, a whole city may go red but you won't know where the riders are until you are within a small distance of them. While the application has the option for tips, your riders won't tip no matter how nice you are to them. So to drive in Boston area and deal with traffic, stop and go and riders not tipping, you will be driving for gas money and nothing else.

This ride-sharing idea will not make you a lot of money if you live in Boston MA, because of the cost of living. It will be nice if Lyft delivered on their bonuses but often this is the case of the horse and the carrot. They lure you in with these bonuses just to find out that they are impossible to get or have a ton of fine prints behind them. I am hanging up the Lyft line, because they are liars and don't deliver what they promise to their partners.

kaseyw
10/17/15

I was treated with blatant disrespect by a driver named Nyi who didn't speak or understand English. He screamed at me that he was at my location, which he wasn't. When I explained where I was, he screamed more. I never got a rude yet was charged. There is No phone number to call to work this out. Now I wait to see if the company answers my emails.

oscarn8
10/14/15

I enjoyed the drivers and other passengers much more than Uber. Using the "Line" function it's very cheap too.

ahameda
10/14/15

Scam marketing with driver bonuses & promocodes they should get sued like at&t did.

tyronef6
10/7/15

Poor customer service as opposed to get my driver referral bonus this week I haven't gotten it no deposit in my account I emailed them over 10 times no response no nothing but when I first got the first referral I got that right away but now that I can like that on told me so with that being said they suck

maureenl16
10/4/15

Unreliable the driver didn't speak much English went for the wrong home for pick up then didn't know how to get to SJ airport. Plus he took me to the wrong terminal and I ended up running late for my flight. As much as I hate Uber it's starting to look better

davidk156
9/25/15

I recently used lift for a ride from the Denver international airport to Denver where they picked me up at 10 PM. I have just checked the Uber rates which were $35-$40. The lift driver said that the Lyft rate was the same. When I received my bill through email I saw that I was charged $70.87. $34 of the charge approximately was what they called a prime time charge.I was never informed this was prime time and seriously 10 PM on a Thursday night is prime time! Lift offered me an eight dollar credit. I told them they could keep their eight dollars and have deleted their app. This is not the first time I've had a problem with the left. I'd rather ride in the taxi. By the way a black limo fee from DIA to my home is 60 bucks

lorrainew3
9/25/15

I visited a friend the other day and while I was at his house he received an e-mail on his smart phone. The e-mail was a voice automated machine that was prompting him to sign up via e-mail application to become a lyft driver. It asked him to supply a bank account number so he could be paid by direct deposit transfer. It then said after he completes the application that someone would contact him through e-mail. I advised him to wait until I could check them out. Today I went to the site. https://www.lyft.com/drive/helparticle.1227562. I found no customer service number at all on this site. Only email correspondence. I then found this link http://customerservicenumbers.com/co-lyft#.VgVdjPQ0wyc. They supplied this number and address for there corporate office contact LYFT Corporate
548 Market Street Suite 68514
San Francisco, CA 94104
Corporate Phone: 1-855-946-7433 - See more at: http://customerservicenumbers.com/co-lyft#.VgVdjPQ0wyc. I called this number and the automated system said that Syme ride is no longer affiliated with Lyft ride. Although this is still showing as the lyft contact corporate number. It advised me that if I needed to contact lyft to call 1855-865-9553. I then called that number and got a customer service representative that advised me that they are the lift critical response line. I then asked the representative about why there is no customer service for lyft if there was a problem with any payments that may not be made or if someone cancelled payment for a ride they received? She advised me that it all would be have to be done via e-mail. I looked up some reviews on the level of customer satisfaction. Here is one of them. We took Lyft from Venice Beach to Studio City LA. The ride there cost us $17 with Uber. The ride back with Lyft cost us $45. The driver pretended like he didn't know the area to wrack up the bill. When I complained to Lyft, they did not even respond. I'm sticking with Uber from now on. - See more at: http://customerservicenumbers.com/co-lyft#.VgVdjPQ0wyc. It is not my intent to say that this business is not legitimate. But I think anyone that receives e-mails from companies not knowing how they obtained there smart phone number or e-mail should be aware of this type of solicitation. I think that this company needs to have better customer service just in case someone needs a resolution for a problem. Also to beware of who you allow to have direct deposit to you personal checking account. If the business offered other ways to pay the drivers like paper check by mail as well. Maybe they would not seem so shady.

gerryc15
9/12/15

Is it possible to give them 0 stars?
1) It seems to be impossible to get them go honor their $20 off your first ride promotion despite 2 days worth of emails back and forth.
2) I used the app to get a ride on a 110 degree day. Their app told me that my location was somwhere that I had never been and I got a message "Your GPS location does not correspond with your location" WTF ???? If you know my GPS location YOU KNOW WHERE I AM YOU CRETINS!!! And if you are still confused have a driver call or text me!!!
Needless to say I will never use them again. Oh and if anyone from UBER is reading this, I have a copy of my email correspondence with them and you are welcome to have it and use it in a comercial.

davids367
9/10/15

I tried to use Lyft last weekend in San Diego. The first idiot driver went to a gas station instead of the main Old Town San Diego Transit Center (for Amtrak, the bus and Metro Trains all in 1). Not only did the first driver yell at me that I must have done something wrong, but that I was supposed to find this Mobil station and meet him there. When I told him that he'd have to come and get me, he said he didn't know what the Transit Center was or where Old Town San Diego was - which is kind of like a NYC taxi driver not knowing what Madison Square Garden was or where Times Square was!! The second driver "missed the exit" off the freeway, circled around, then "missed the turn" - again and again and again. After watching this idiots time to pickup drop down from 4 minutes to 1, then go up to 7, back to 2, then up to 5, then back to 1 that up to 11, I just canceled his ride also and took a taxi. I took Uber from the Catamaran Hotel in Mission Bay down to the main Amtrak station in Downtown San Diego for $17. The driver was right on time, pleasant and got me to the train station nice and easy.
I've been trying to delete my account with Lyft for over a week now and, for good reason, they do not have a working phone number - their listed number is actually a taco restaurant in San Francisco. I've tried their contact page and gotten nothing but the run around. I was lied to by one of the customer service reps telling me, in writing, that they have no way to delete my cc info from their 3rd party payment processor Stripe, which is untrue. I've been in contact with Stripe who told me that the only way to delete my account and cc info from them is to have Lyft do it and it would take Lyft under 30 seconds to do it. DON'T EVERY USE LYFT OR GIVE THEM ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION!!! USE UBER, THEY ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!!

anthonyp52
8/13/15

The actual Lyft service is convenient and somewhat reliable (I'd give the actual service a 4). However, I was erroneously charged 3 times for a single ride and then I realized how terrible Lyft's customer service is. They are the only company I have encountered that doesn't have a phone number for basic customer service issues. They instead force you to go through emails, which they essentially completely ignore. EVEN COMCAST HAS A PHONE NUMBER (granted that phone number is one of the more useless phone numbers in existence). Simply put, a business can't operate in this fashion and, unless they change things, they are going to always lose to Uber. I had been using Lyft very consistently for months before the charges happened. I will now never use it again. I hope some other people see these reviews and figure this out before something shady happens to them (for some reason I assumed Lyft had great customer service before I actually had to deal with it). Lastly, their website tells you, if you see charges you don't think are correct, NOT to dispute the charge with your bank before they get a chance to figure it out. This request is both strange and ridiculous; its strange because Ive never encountered this stance from a company before (they go as far as to tell you to withdraw your dispute if you already filed one) and its ridiculous because they ask you to not dispute it while simultaneously having absolutely nonexistent customer service. Get your "stuff" together Lyft.

anonymousl1
8/10/15

It's a one way judgement by Lyft passengers and no mercy or interest is shown by the Lyft employees to find out the truth of the matter. It doesn't matter to them at all that the driver is wrongly accused by the passenger who was in the wrong and tried to touch me. All they care about is lies passed on to them by the disappointed passenger who wasn't successful in getting me to touch her. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON explains who protects the driver who was abused both by the passenger and the Lyft employees.

chanteled
7/18/15

I was recently in a car accident and am without transportation. I just started a new job and the company has a very strict late policy. I was told about Lyft and Uber and decided to give it a whirl. After looking at reviews online, I saw a lot of people favored Lyft over Uber, so I went with it. The first downside, you cannot schedule in advance, so you are expected to call for your ride a little before you need the ride. I tried two days in a row to contact a driver and had no success ( they were all busy). Well that sucks, considering I still need to get to work. A few days later I request a driver, about 45 min before I needed to be to work, ( which is only 7 min from where I live.). I requested the driver, because the system said it was only 12 min away. Once I clicked the confirm button, I find out it's 17 min away. Then a few min later, the driver Jerome called and introduced himself, to my relief he said he was only 5 miles away and would be there. I waited, and waited and waited... over 50 min later, he still wasn't there and his phone would go right to voicemail when I would try to call. Needless to say, I wasn't going to make it to work on time! I ended up cancelling the ride, I sure hope they don't charge me for it. Of course, I tried to call customer service while all of this was going on , and what do you know, they're aren't any live representative options. They refer you to go back to the website! This company sucks, I would never ever even think about ever using it again!!! I only gave it a 1, because I had to!
Wallingford, Pa.

petes36
6/5/15

Hey, did anyone start applying to be a Lyft driver, not finish your application, and then have them spam you with texts? That happened to someone we know, and we filed a class-action lawsuit about it, if anyone wants to join us. If this also happened to you (spam texts without your consent from Lyft), you may be entitled to $500 for each unwanted text you received. Please give us a call: (619) 531-8700 or visit our website: http://www.theadlerfirm.com/contact/.
(Attorney Advertisement)

charlest38
4/24/15

I don't like Uber so I try to use Lyft whenever I can. Lyft's $5 hot spots make it easier because they are usually cheaper than anything else Uber can offer.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Lyft Line if you're in a hurry. It can take a long time.

wilsont14
4/15/15

For $5-7 you can get anywhere in San Francisco. That's a pretty good deal. I'm not sure when Lyft is planning to offer the service in other areas, but it's great.

Tip for consumers: They also have Lyft Hot Spots which are always $5 which is pretty incredible too.

caih
4/15/15

A ride I take everyday to and from work that cost me 7 and some change with uber cost me 10 40 with lyft going the same route I will just stick with uber

eller2
3/28/15

I am in disbelief on how terribly this company is run. I was given a card that said I could get a free $20 ride for my first ride so I used that promo code. Later on I was texted that I had 3 free $15 rides, so I got another ride that night. I was charged for both of those rides and when I filed a complaint I didn't get a response for days (I've dealt with uber a lot and they've never taken more than 12 hours to respond no matter day or time). When they finally did respond, the were 100% unhelpful by claiming that my free $20 ride offer was expired (despite no expiration date on the card) and that those 3 $15 rides were actually $5 per ride which was completely deceptive because what the text literally said was "we've added 3 free ($15) rides to your account". I know I deserve my money back but this company refuses to even communicate with me. Both my friend and I had to blow up their facebook page to get their attention at all and still all I've gotten is a vague "we'll look into it and get back to you" and of course no one has gotten back to me. It has now been a week. This company is a joke and deserves to go out of business, please don't do yourself the disservice of using them.

johnt206
3/7/15

I signed up to be a driver in hoped of getting a $1,000 bonus. I applied minutes after receiving the invitation, and I was able to log into the system as a driver and was approved hours to drive on the afternoon of March 5th. Mysteriously I was not "approved" to drive until the 7th, got a welcome email, picked up my first ride. Minutes later the email came through that I didn't qualify for the promo. Of course, they never intended to pay. It was all a sham. I will not deal with such a company that would stoop to this level. They know background checks take time and organized this whole thing so they would pay very few drivers. I will stick to Uber, who can keep a promise!!!

jenis7
3/4/15

They had the offer to become a driver and get $1000 after your first ride by March 5th. But, then they're saying the DMV background check takes too long and they would give me an update on March 6th which passes the deadline. They should make up their mind before offering something!!!

janes91
3/2/15

I switched to lyft when I was offered a $200 credit for trying the app. I use Uber at least once a month so I figured I'd try them out. First, the credits expired within a few weeks which is fine but who would ever take that many rides in 2.5 weeks. False advertising if you ask me. But anyway, I used the service and they charge your account $25 dollars in a pre-activation fee to make sure my card is legitimate. They did it for every "free" ride I took. In one night I had $75 worth of pending charges on my account to cover three $5 rides. It's been several days now and the charges have not been cleared off. Now I have to worry if my payments will go through on that card and not knowing when the money will be free to use. I'm a student, $75 is a lot to hold in my account. Ill never use lyft again.

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Lyft staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
12/31/15
Answer
lorrainew3
A: If you think about the world today and the economy can you really afford to be ripped off in taking chances. First off there are many other ways of transportation. It is like a roulette wheel talk a spin and see how lucky you get. Or find a creditable source you can trust. I leave it to the opinion of the individual. It is not a matter of getting a ride. It is who you want to rely on when it is about your life.
1/3/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
12/2/15
Answer
constantinr
A: Lft runs different promotions and depending on promotion they promise a signup bonus(500-1100$).now if they really pay the bonus it's totally up to their discretion.in my case they didn't pay.
I completed the 60 Rides required in the first 30 days,which was the requirment to qualify for the bonus but they still didn't pay.after a brief email exchange with a lyft employee(they do not give their position or full name) they stopped answering.now I am filing a complain with BBB and I will let you know where it goes when I have updates.
12/2/15