US Government's NSF

Categories: Car Sharing, Mobile Apps, Taxi
548 Market St #68514
San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
support@lyft.com

People interested in Lyft are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

anthonyp52
8/13/15

The actual Lyft service is convenient and somewhat reliable (I'd give the actual service a 4). However, I was erroneously charged 3 times for a single ride and then I realized how terrible Lyft's customer service is. They are the only company I have encountered that doesn't have a phone number for basic customer service issues. They instead force you to go through emails, which they essentially completely ignore. EVEN COMCAST HAS A PHONE NUMBER (granted that phone number is one of the more useless phone numbers in existence). Simply put, a business can't operate in this fashion and, unless they change things, they are going to always lose to Uber. I had been using Lyft very consistently for months before the charges happened. I will now never use it again. I hope some other people see these reviews and figure this out before something shady happens to them (for some reason I assumed Lyft had great customer service before I actually had to deal with it). Lastly, their website tells you, if you see charges you don't think are correct, NOT to dispute the charge with your bank before they get a chance to figure it out. This request is both strange and ridiculous; its strange because Ive never encountered this stance from a company before (they go as far as to tell you to withdraw your dispute if you already filed one) and its ridiculous because they ask you to not dispute it while simultaneously having absolutely nonexistent customer service. Get your "stuff" together Lyft.

anonymousl1
8/10/15

It's a one way judgement by Lyft passengers and no mercy or interest is shown by the Lyft employees to find out the truth of the matter. It doesn't matter to them at all that the driver is wrongly accused by the passenger who was in the wrong and tried to touch me. All they care about is lies passed on to them by the disappointed passenger who wasn't successful in getting me to touch her. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON explains who protects the driver who was abused both by the passenger and the Lyft employees.

chanteled
7/18/15

I was recently in a car accident and am without transportation. I just started a new job and the company has a very strict late policy. I was told about Lyft and Uber and decided to give it a whirl. After looking at reviews online, I saw a lot of people favored Lyft over Uber, so I went with it. The first downside, you cannot schedule in advance, so you are expected to call for your ride a little before you need the ride. I tried two days in a row to contact a driver and had no success ( they were all busy). Well that sucks, considering I still need to get to work. A few days later I request a driver, about 45 min before I needed to be to work, ( which is only 7 min from where I live.). I requested the driver, because the system said it was only 12 min away. Once I clicked the confirm button, I find out it's 17 min away. Then a few min later, the driver Jerome called and introduced himself, to my relief he said he was only 5 miles away and would be there. I waited, and waited and waited... over 50 min later, he still wasn't there and his phone would go right to voicemail when I would try to call. Needless to say, I wasn't going to make it to work on time! I ended up cancelling the ride, I sure hope they don't charge me for it. Of course, I tried to call customer service while all of this was going on , and what do you know, they're aren't any live representative options. They refer you to go back to the website! This company sucks, I would never ever even think about ever using it again!!! I only gave it a 1, because I had to!
Wallingford, Pa.

petes36
6/5/15

Hey, did anyone start applying to be a Lyft driver, not finish your application, and then have them spam you with texts? That happened to someone we know, and we filed a class-action lawsuit about it, if anyone wants to join us. If this also happened to you (spam texts without your consent from Lyft), you may be entitled to $500 for each unwanted text you received. Please give us a call: (619) 531-8700 or visit our website: http://www.theadlerfirm.com/contact/.
(Attorney Advertisement)

charlest38
4/24/15

I don't like Uber so I try to use Lyft whenever I can. Lyft's $5 hot spots make it easier because they are usually cheaper than anything else Uber can offer.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Lyft Line if you're in a hurry. It can take a long time.

wilsont14
4/15/15

For $5-7 you can get anywhere in San Francisco. That's a pretty good deal. I'm not sure when Lyft is planning to offer the service in other areas, but it's great.

Tip for consumers: They also have Lyft Hot Spots which are always $5 which is pretty incredible too.

caih
4/15/15

A ride I take everyday to and from work that cost me 7 and some change with uber cost me 10 40 with lyft going the same route I will just stick with uber

eller2
3/28/15

I am in disbelief on how terribly this company is run. I was given a card that said I could get a free $20 ride for my first ride so I used that promo code. Later on I was texted that I had 3 free $15 rides, so I got another ride that night. I was charged for both of those rides and when I filed a complaint I didn't get a response for days (I've dealt with uber a lot and they've never taken more than 12 hours to respond no matter day or time). When they finally did respond, the were 100% unhelpful by claiming that my free $20 ride offer was expired (despite no expiration date on the card) and that those 3 $15 rides were actually $5 per ride which was completely deceptive because what the text literally said was "we've added 3 free ($15) rides to your account". I know I deserve my money back but this company refuses to even communicate with me. Both my friend and I had to blow up their facebook page to get their attention at all and still all I've gotten is a vague "we'll look into it and get back to you" and of course no one has gotten back to me. It has now been a week. This company is a joke and deserves to go out of business, please don't do yourself the disservice of using them.

johnt206
3/7/15

I signed up to be a driver in hoped of getting a $1,000 bonus. I applied minutes after receiving the invitation, and I was able to log into the system as a driver and was approved hours to drive on the afternoon of March 5th. Mysteriously I was not "approved" to drive until the 7th, got a welcome email, picked up my first ride. Minutes later the email came through that I didn't qualify for the promo. Of course, they never intended to pay. It was all a sham. I will not deal with such a company that would stoop to this level. They know background checks take time and organized this whole thing so they would pay very few drivers. I will stick to Uber, who can keep a promise!!!

jenis7
3/4/15

They had the offer to become a driver and get $1000 after your first ride by March 5th. But, then they're saying the DMV background check takes too long and they would give me an update on March 6th which passes the deadline. They should make up their mind before offering something!!!

janes91
3/2/15

I switched to lyft when I was offered a $200 credit for trying the app. I use Uber at least once a month so I figured I'd try them out. First, the credits expired within a few weeks which is fine but who would ever take that many rides in 2.5 weeks. False advertising if you ask me. But anyway, I used the service and they charge your account $25 dollars in a pre-activation fee to make sure my card is legitimate. They did it for every "free" ride I took. In one night I had $75 worth of pending charges on my account to cover three $5 rides. It's been several days now and the charges have not been cleared off. Now I have to worry if my payments will go through on that card and not knowing when the money will be free to use. I'm a student, $75 is a lot to hold in my account. Ill never use lyft again.

ewisb
2/22/15

Lyft is a horrible company! They treat their drivers, who are supposed to be their partners, like slaves. That's because they don't invest a single penny in them. They take them for granted. I worked for that company one WEEK only and they fired me for 0.1 point of rating below their standard rating. In the meantime, I received an email from them confirming that I was deactivated for the age of my car. Based on this email, I got a car loan and bought a $10,000 car. However, they refused to reactivate me and acted as if they never sent me anything. Screw their app! They are nothing but an opportunistic and exploitative company!

kristianr
2/16/15

Overcharged my ride by 25% first time and then 100% the second time. Simply put, the application does not work how it is advertised.

kimberlyt12
1/30/15

Lyft has always been good to me. Their drivers are friendlier on average than Uber and the service doesn't seem quite so much out to take money from their customers.

Tip for consumers: Lyft line is a good way to save money if you're not in a hurry.

tigerh
1/29/15

Received $5 cancellation fee when the driver didn't show up on time and didn't pick up the phone. Lyft had been fine in the past. Let's see if they fix this.

davidy25
1/22/15

I would love it if Lyft were successful, because I think competition is good. Problem is, I think they will fail as Uber provides a much higher level of customer service and is far more professional. Lyft has many issues, but one of them is their 'Primetime' pricing which is calculated in a much more customer unfriendly way than Uber. As an example, if Uber says 'Surge pricing' is 150% it means that if the normal rate is $10, you will pay $15. That makes sense to me. With Lyft, when they say 'Primetime pricing' is 150%, it means that if the normal rate is $10, you will pay $25, that is, nearly double what you would pay on Uber. And in my market, UberX is 20% cheaper than Lyft to begin with. Add in all the attitude with Lyft (fist bumps, I am supposed to be friends with my driver) -- higher prices for an inferior product. Finally, customer service at Lyft is surly and basically non-existent.

angeliquel
12/27/14

WFREE promo codes for UBER AND LYFT- 2014 ---up to date!!
Free $25 credit for your first ride with either company!!!
Just download the app and dont forget to put in the code under payment ..or promocode at the top =)

justinl44
11/17/14

Firstly there is the service. One day you might get a ride with someone who speaks the same language as you and is driving a clean vehicle that isn't dented, rusting or doesn't stink like the 9th circle of hell inside but that will be a RARE day if you ever do. Secondly, If you find yourself outside of their preferred pick up areas, you are not going to get a ride or you will wait longer than you wold have for a taxi or legal rideshare. Third, THERE IS NO INSURANCE. Lyft is falsely advertising that they actually have insurance, their TOS page invalidates any and all coverage for you once you get in the vehicle. Fourth, their surge pricing scam is obviously NOT about a lack of supply or demand or they wouldn't be dropping the surge price once a few of their drivers have picked up people at THREE times the normal rate in the same area. It is a method of keeping their vehicles in one area so Uber can collect more fees from their drivers. It has nothing to do with customer service or actual demand and it destroys the green factor of the service as it puts twice as many vehicles on the road than would be needed. This isn't even a real rideshare company. It is just a crappy point to point service. If you do not care about your own safety or the safety of those you travel with or the planet, this is the service for you.

rosannyf
10/12/14

I'm normally an UBER user however; I was sent an invitation for LYFT which included three rides $25 each. Friday I decided to see what LYFT was all about.
My normal fare for this particular route is normally $40-45 LYFT charged me $71 almost double. UBER has great customer service whenever you contact them the respond within 24 hours. I cannot say the same for LYFT they have yet to address the issue of them overcharging me for the ride. I spoke to some other people i know and they've had similar issue with LYFT. LYFT is a SCAM & they need to be addressed about their bad business practices.

robertw112
10/11/14

Worked well for me when I was in San Francisco about a year ago, I'd definitely recommend it in the city. Drivers were interesting and rides were cheap!

duncanr10
10/11/14

What an appalling service. I cannot begin to describe the frustration and fury I felt when I was taken to completely the wrong destination. I attempted to contact them but they did not return my many emails.

glennt12
10/11/14

pretty good but they are like the downgraded version of uber, cars are a little bit more old and you can tell that they are still figuring it out. I would travel in pairs as it the drivers can be somewhat weird. not bad on pricing, good if you can't get a taxi.

steved56
10/6/14

LYFT is very stupid! They say one thing and do another! Their application system always crashes and then they try to assure you that everything works fine! They don't really have a handle on what they are doing. For example, their stupid so called "mentors" are stingy, judgmental and not friendly. They tell you: "they have enough qualified drivers", but yet they harass you, by texting and emailing you; asking you to join their team (because they don't know what the hell they are doing!). Total contradiction. They are a very very stupid ride sharing company. I hate that their stupid pink mustache. They are not in touch with their drivers or customers, as far as I am concerned!

oliviam13
10/3/14

I have used Lyft two times and almost a third. The first time ever using it, I was forced to pay 50% extra of my bill to "encourage more people to drive". I had a job interview and no other way to get to it so I had to pay. On the way back, luckily I wasn't forced to pay extra, but my bill for two 20 min rides was over $40. The third trip I planned on taking told me I had to pay 100% more to "encourage people to drive". That is absolutely insane! I am a college student! This trip was 30 min drive both ways meaning, plus the 100% extra, the trip would be over $80! I would rather walk both ways! I understand it can be busy, but not even telling me how much the trip should about cost and then forcing me to pay so much extra is horrific!

michelleb71
9/28/14

Tonight my daughter was abandoned by Lyft. Three times her ride was cancelled. The fourth message she received stated that her ride cost would increase by 200%!!! She was in a completely unfamiliar town. She took Lyft there, so it was completely appropriate to think she wouldn't have a problem to return home. She went back into the venue and was informed of a train departing in 22 minutes, the last one of the night, but she was 20 minutes away. She ran there only to find that was bad information...the last train had already left. My now hysterical daughter called me...frantic, not knowing how she'd get home. Thankfully she found a cab who charged her $100 for a 25 minute drive to the train station. I'm hundreds of miles away, waiting to hear she has safely returned home. What a disgrace. Clearly Lyft is an unreliable company. She will stick with Uber in the future.

gohark
7/4/14

I applied in Lyft just for little bit change in my driving career. Its been 20 years I am driving taxi with local cab company's in Denver metro area. After 2 days I got an email something went wrong with my back ground and I am not able to work in Lyft as a driver. I was wondering why and called them and talked to a person finally because its is hard to get hold of any person if you have any questions, which is bad service I would say and I told them I am a driver and have a Airport badge to work at Airport but who cares no proper answer, Still waiting for their answer. Then I applied in Uber X my background was fine, I was wondering what's wrong with these people. I wasted my time I would suggest you please don't waste you time lyft. It's is very cheap company have No customer service at all, No business experience and un professional people are running this company. I would rate Lyft 0 as of my experience.

paulm141
6/8/14

i as a driver for lyft, but before i became a driver i had to buy a car, insure it, w/down payment i was out 3,200 then first week i receive a notice that i will be deactivated if i fall below 4.6 10 days later i was deactivated, and they did not even wan't to work with me, they just said no were done with you. so now i have a car payment, inc payment, and bills piling up because of no job, they should learn to work with there drivers, after all we are the most important operation to there business, they are nothing without us drivers, someone should tell them that before its too late.

bobj50
6/2/14

They don't pick you up their drivers ate being given tickets in SLC Utah that cost the driver 7000

lindaj30
5/5/14

The review about left dropping is true. I worked for them for only 6 days and got deactivated within two days without giving you a chance to fix your rating. But it is a good thing I don't work there no more because of insurance. They don't tell you that you have to change your insurance to a business insurance which will cost you in the thousands. If you get into in accident with your basic insurance, your insurance will drop you in a heartbeat, and won't pay anything. And who knows what left will do if your insurance drops you. Anyone and I mean anyone who is driving for left now or thinking about it call your insurance immediately don't wait till you have an accident. The passenger can use you an not just the company.

hardworkingd
3/31/14

Lyft sucks! They will terminate you as a driver for no reason and no notice in advance. When you ask "Why", they will send you an email full of lies. Stay away from Lyft. They are very shady, dishonest, and unprofessional. They steal earnings from their drivers and they cheat their customers as well. Use or apply at Uber, Sidecar or even a taxi instead. I've had awful experience with them.

mickp6
1/25/14

I mostly enjoy taking Lyfts. They don't gauge you like Uber does when demand goes up. The bad part is that it can be really hard to get a driver sometimes. I like Lyft drivers better than Uber drivers and taxi drivers by a mile.

hansonu
8/5/13

Lyft is a neat new ride sharing service that works like a taxi but an ordinary person drives you around. I tried it for the first time last week and it was a lot of fun and a good deal. It's a little bit cheaper than a taxi. The slightly odd part is that you're not supposed to sit in the back seat instead you sit in the front seat and talk to the driver just like it were your friend. My driver was cool so I didn't mind but I could imagine it could be weird with a bad driver. Anyhow it's a nice service and worth trying!

rogerr22
5/9/13

Lytf is a new kind of taxi service where a regular person in their car (usually adorned with a giant pink mustache on the grill) picks you up and gives you a ride somewhere and then you give a "donation". It works through an app on your phone. The app is only so-so designed; as of the writing of this review it requires Facebook to sign in. And the map thing is a bit finicky. In my experience it is a little bit cheaper than a regular taxi, but there aren't always drivers available. But the idea is good and hopefully will bring down taxi fares. It also seems like a reasonable way to make some extra money driving people around if you have some free time and don't mind driving around strangers. I should also mention there is a review system for drivers AND passengers so it puts some pressure on people to be nice.

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Lyft staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: lyft overcharged me 50 dollars in my bank account.. has any 0ne figures out a way to get the money refunded?????
12/16/14
Answer
davidy25
A: Lyft's customer service is terrible. If they won't correct it, file a dispute with your credit card company.
1/22/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: overcharged bank account.... is the any number I can call to get my money back that was overcharged from lyft.. or can my bank do anything about it
12/16/14
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Lyft?