US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mickp6

The bad part is that it can be really hard to get a driver sometimes. (in 62 reviews)

carlosr44

You won't find those issues around here never heard of such holds of 25.00 and credit card info being stolen in L.A. (in 8 reviews)

robertw112

Worked well for me when I was in San Francisco about a year ago, I'd definitely recommend it in the city. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

elianik
4/26/16

It is disappointing to start using a service to discover how they treat the customers. This is what happened when using Lyft for the first (AND LAST) time. I called a driver from Lyft. Came Mr. Brook to take us to the airport. The guy was driving holding a cell phone to find the airport that is nearly a straight line form my home. 10 minutes away. Them, decided to drive and text to find music. I asked him to stop to text, and he said this would be fast. Not enough, he stilled $20 from my husband as, he said the ride was $11.50 and, when my husband gave $20 he could not find the change. As we were late, he decided to give the change as tip. Just, minutes later, I got an email from Lyft stating they charged $17.50 to my credit card for the same ride. I called, explained the situation, they said they would investigate the situation. They did nothing and, today, when I still found the charge there, I send another email to get the reply below. I think to fill in a police report could be a good option. I suggest, my friends, to avoid this company.
Hi Eliani,
Thank you for your response. All charges on the Lyft platform are non-refundable, as outlined in our Terms of Service and Help Center. You can view this policy in Lyfts Terms of Service here: Lyft web page addrfess, under the section Payments.""
We can assure you that your concerns regarding this driver have been taken seriously, and that we have investigated this case and taken the necessary and appropriate actions.
Have you filed a police report regarding this incident? If you choose to speak with the police regarding the matter, we would be more than happy to cooperate. Should the police need any information from us, they will need to send a subpoena due to our strict user privacy policy.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions or concerns. To ensure I receive your response please reply directly to this email.

barbarad65
4/26/16

One driver name Angelo his a thief he pick me up at work trop me at home that is only 10 miles what he did he change the whole address so he can over charge my account from $7.75 to $23.77 that's a lot lyft customer service very poor

laurac154
4/20/16

This is my favorite service! I prefer finding a trip on Lyft instead of going on a bus or a plane. First of all it's usually cheaper, second of all you can meet tons of nice people and have a nice chat during a trip.

akhirahs
4/10/16

Warning!
If you update your payment information on your Lyft account, they will deduct $25 from your account and hold it until you use their services. Whatever is left over will be credited to your Lyft account.
Just imagine if all companies were allowed to do this. Seems to be a slippery slope to me.
The Lyft drivers are awesome, this isn't a bad company, but holding my money hostage until I use your services isn't cool at all. It's borderline criminal.

nickh93
3/29/16

I've only used Lyft once. I heard they were superior to Uber so I thought I would give them a try. The driver picked us up in a timely manner in a sick Audi, really nice ride. But he did not speak one word of English lol. My friends and I are a laid back group, but it did get a little tricky trying to tell him to turn left/right when we don't know Spanish. I do like how you can tip right on the app and don't need cash like with uber.

mindyb7
3/28/16

So my cc has a $50 hold because 2 Lyft drivers failed to pick me up on my vacation. I requested one driver and he couldn't find my villa so he claimed to drive to my vacation villa but I was outside the whole time waiting and no driver showed up. The other driver just failed completely and didnt even try to find my villa he stared 8 minutes away and proceeded to go further and further away. Plus they never answered the phone calls so I couldn't give them specific directions because I am staying in a resort. So now I have a $50 hold on my cc and I won't see that money till after my vacation. Good job Lyft for failing. This would of never happened with uber. Oh wait it didn't those drivers were able to communicate and find my villa without a problem. So stay away from Lyft they'll hold your money even if it is their fault.

cynthiaz3
3/26/16

I signed up today and I didn't have to submit any credit card information at all so I don't know what everyone is saying about a charge.

jeffs151
3/25/16

I applied to become a driver with Lyft in Rocklin, CA and completed my appointment with my mentor. She was nice and took my picture and then said all that was left was the background check that would take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks. Not even 24 hours later, I got an email saying my application was denied. When I contacted my mentor I could not reach her and was told by Lyft that the mentor appointment is the "make or break moment" and they would not reverse their decision. They also said they could not disclose why it was denied nor could they connect me to a live representative due to safety for drivers and passengers. I will not be recommending Lyft to drivers or passengers and see the process as a complete waste of time.

maxm76
3/23/16

I have been workimg with lyft for 2 months as a DRIVER. And I have lost/they stole $500 in the last 4 weeks by working more than 12/day 6 days aweek. Lyft "Power Driver Bonus" is a trick to rip its drivers out. After completing the bonus they said its not working correctly and I have to wait to get paid. I am not rich and now I'm way behind my bills

andreal28
3/21/16

I recently tried Lyft and found that it was quite a bit more affordable than taking a cab. Usually I take the subway, but for those late nights it's a nice alternative to the subterranean schlep. The drivers are always friendly, and you don't have to deal with any of the usual disruptions of a pleasant ride such as chemical smells covering up the stench of last night's frat boy puke, no over-bearing cheap cologne, and no annoying forced commercials.
If you have time to wait for a ride it's a far better experience and for a fraction of the price.

danielw85
3/17/16

Used Uber one time in St. Louis. We didnt check statements closely for several months, but eventually noticed recurring charges for Lyft services over 6 month period even though we havent used them since the St. Louis trip. (We reside near Chicago). Evidently there was hacking or driver stole info. Dont even think about getting help from either company on these issues. Thank goodness our bank had our back . Had to cancel card and get new account. CC theft complaints seem common for both companies. Drivers are allowed to drive for both companies at the same time. Nice setup for them,especially if they want to use your info.

julios13
3/14/16

Lyft go to hell, who's not treating drivers or customers . If a rider is mad at his girlfriend he give poor rating to driver, if driver didn't say "$#*!" word as he or she saYS THEY GIVE POOR RATING FOR THAT GOOD DRIVER

busr2
3/6/16

Don't leave your phone in a lyft car After getting jacked around for more than 24 hours the driver tried to extort money. His cell # is 909.361.0352.

michaelj149
2/23/16

Please stay away. They have no real people to talk if you have a problem. Their online 24hr respond team is completely gabbage, they respond to email question extremely slow. Stay away.

carlosr44
2/22/16

I have had Zero Problems with Lyft..... Drivers are nice and they show up on time....I have discovered that Uber sends alot of Folks to post bad reviews just because ...... UBER BLOWS HARD !! I AM 1000% SAFER IN A LYFT DRIVER....THAN I AM WITH ANY UBER DRIVER. Seems to me that alot of this complaints are coming from the Cincinnati and East Coast Areas...... You won't find those issues around here never heard of such holds of 25.00 and credit card info being stolen in L.A. Lyft is HANDS DOWN THE BEST OF ANY OF THESE COMPANIES..... THAT'S WHY THE REVIEWS ON THIS SITE CANNOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY SINCE IT'S PROVEN THAT HALF OF THESE COMMENTS ARE MADE BY ACTUAL UBER DRIVERS...... COMPARE THE BAD PRESS BETWEEN COMPANIES AND YOU WILL FIND UBER HAS ALOT OF RUDE DRIVERS AND NOT EXACTLY STABLE MINDED AT ALL .

heathere15
2/20/16

While in Cincinnati this past weekend, I thought I'd give them a try. HUGE mistake. They have had a $25 hold on my card and will not release it. Yesterday, the money was in my account and available and today, it's on hold again. I have no idea the hold showed up again. I couldn't even check to see if a car was available until I had entered my card number, there was nobody available. I never even requested a car, because nobody was available yet they are holding my $25. I'm getting responses from them via email but it's so frustrating that they do not have a customer service phone number. Perhaps those lines would be tied up with people like me, wanting my $25 back. I will NEVER use this company, ever.

hansh31
2/16/16

Someone used my credit card had 18 charges
I called my bank to cancel card
I also called Lyft. Useless. They have no live person to talk to you. I sent 3 e nails. No answer
STAY AWAY from Lyft

ilonkag
2/15/16

I have more than 25 charges in my account. Someone is using my credit card information and have sent 4 emails and no one from Lyft is getting back to me.? What can I do?

jaya63
2/15/16

I never had a problem until a week ago when 3 new options appeared on my app. 2seats, 4 seats or 6 seats... I chose 2 seats cause its just me... well every driver at airport canceled me I suppose because they dont want to drive that option... finally one was coming to pick me up, he arrived and an uber rider got in his car, I asked him about it and he said he got uber rider and for me to cancel... I just watched on my app as my pickup got farther and farther away... for 15 minutes I couldnt request another ride until he canceled his ride... it just said my pick up time was getting longer and longer. I assumed lyft had a phone to call to correct this problem in the moment, this is how I found how horrible their customer service system is. no phone, no live chat... email only with very very slow response times, 12 hours or longer.. currently been 3 days waiting for reply. had no problems for a year with lyft but now finding out there is no useful customer support, I will not take the chance of using them again.

veronicaw18
2/4/16

I would not recommend this service for the following reasons; Lyft automatically place a $25 hold on your account upon signing up. That hold will tie up your funds for about 7 days. subsequently they place the $25 hold on your account whenever you login to the app rather you request a ride or not. Again the hold will tie up your funds for about 7 days. When you have an issue with their service and use the "help" options you will get a general automated response and that's it. No one will call you no one will respond via email. So they essentially take your money and don't respond to your request for review of the charges. I downloaded the app and once I found out about the holds I deleted the app. Months later I started to get emails urging me to use a free ride before it expired. On the last day for the free ride to expire, they posted charges to my card totaling $75.. When I requested a review and refund...crickets!!! No way to call and talk to a human and they totally did not respond at all. Stay away from this company.

josieb2
1/31/16

Driver hung up on me and left me stranded terrible service I waited 40 mins and was late to work

carolh72
1/31/16

Terrible and very, very incompetent. Drivers don't seem to ever know there way around the city and apparently don't know how to utilize a GPS system! I hate this service, or should I say lack of service, and therefore I will never ever use them again.

robertk135
1/28/16

I requested a ride from Howell NJ to Jackson NJ at 12:30 am. I was accepted by Anthony in Freehold NJ. After accepting me he called me up and said to camcel him because it was worth his time taking me. Each time I requested a ride he accepted and then told me to cancel, this went on for sn hour. He said he accepts sll requests to build his rating. Complaints to Lyft were ignored. If you cancel too many times you get charged if the the driver says picked up I get billed and still get stuck. Use any one else The driver was Anthony phone number 443-843-0230. Dont use this driver.

anf7
1/27/16

Lyft app requests drivers when I am NOT requesting one. I was just dropped off at the airport and unbeknownst to me another driver was requested. When he called I clarified that I did not request the ride. He cancelled. Then your app automatically requested another driver which I did not need again. Lot of confusion. On the brighter side most of the drivers are exceptionally nice.

joel690
1/25/16

Driver no show. Only thing you do - huge fail.

aprilp27
1/20/16

The driver went to the wrong location & started the trip, when I figured out how to call from the app, he would not come to the correct address. My device clearly indicated he was 2 blocks away. I canceled the ride I got charged more than the ride would have cost to complete. Uber showed up within 2 minutes and as usual we were in route immediately. I will not stray away from Uber again no matter how many "free" ride" codes Lyft drivers peddle. Oh and my $50 free ride credit didn't apply to driver error.

dianek36
1/19/16

Summary: Use all their first-time rider coupons and then go with UBER!!!

I've been using Lyft for three weeks now (mainly to get to work during the cold weather) and I'm sad to report that everyday has been an ordeal using Lyft!!! Uber is soooo much better and the drivers seem more knowledgeable in terms of street smarts and navigation.

Here is a summary of the problems I've encountered with LYFT:

1) Drivers, while nice, are not great drivers and cannot navigate (even with a GPS). I had one driver turn from a middle lane and otherwise drive awfully, one driver who didn't even know where SE was and another driver who didn't even know what the difference was between car pool and single passenger service (I HAD TO EXPLAIN IT TO HIM!)

2) Car pool sucks! I tried car pool and first, it takes 10 minutes for them to pick you up and then they drove (in my case, about 4-5 miles out of my way in the opposite direction) to pick up the other person (who was late!!!) and then drops her off in (I'm going to SE - could she be even further out of my way?!??). Then the driver doesn't know how to use the Lyft app and ends up driving us back to the office building in Georgetown (where the other girl got off) as our "next stop." When I told him that my address was in SE, he didn't know how to use his own GPS. He kept turning on PA Avenue rather than K Street. We ended looped around the same block THREE TIMES (during rush hour traffic, pedestrians and lights adding over 15 minutes to my trip) before he finally listened to me that he was making the wrong turn each time! My otherwise 15 minute commute to work took over 55 minutes!!!

3) One morning, the driver's ETA was "2 minutes." Well AFTER 8 MINUTES, I could see on my app that the driver NEVER MOVED the car and NO PROGRESS was made to come to my home. YET the app still said she was "2 minutes away." I cancelled my ride because at this point I was late to work and they had the audacity to charge me a $5 cancellation fee when their own software could have told them that their driver NEVER moved her car to even try and pick me up!

4) The way they apply credits towards rides is a total rip off. In short, I had a few credits on my account. One $10 credit expiring tomorrow and one $20 credit (for referring a friend to Lyft - BIG MISTAKE) that expired a month from now. Well the geniuses at Lyft and their app, used my $20 credit this morning for a $12 trip instead of applying the $10 credit that EXPIRES TOMORROW even though there is nothing in their policies explaining the logic and method for applying credit. After multiple backs and forth with Lyft, telling them that their app was faulty, irrational and defies commonsense, they refuse to return my $20 credit. Basically, now I'm stuck with a credit that expires in less than 14 hours while they wasted my $20 credit for a $12 trip (so I lose $8 in credit). STUPID!!!!

I HATE LYFT!!!!!! I hope this sub-par company is finished off by UBER!

Tip for consumers: Yes, type in www.UBER.com instead!

andrews179
1/16/16

The driver failed to show up, then Lyft texted me that I had missed the ride, but because it was a "free ride," Lyft would not charge me! IDIOTS! How does this horrible company survive? I have NEVER experienced worse service/unresponsiveness! Egregious ineptitude! The company does not allow would-be patrons to contact it except through an incredibly poorly designed "help center" page on its website. No phone number is available. Ridiculous Amateur Hour! Time to go out of business, Lyft!

kernanm
1/7/16

I used Lyft 3 times. The first 2 times were fine. The third time, last night January 8, 2016, I requested a lift at 1pm after a dinner party on my way home from the airport. From a popular restaurant in a city of over 100,000 population, the fastest response time was 15 minutes. However, the first driver who accepted my request, Jennifer, never showed after 15 minutes and would not respond to calls or texts. The second driver, Darin, did the same thing. So, the restaurant closed and I was left out in the wind and rain. I found an overhang but the wind was so bad I still got drenched. After nearly an hour of no-shows, I called a conventional taxi. Had they just replied "no drivers available" I would not have nearly frozen.
Here is where i gets really bad: the next day I tried to delete my account and credit card and there is no way to do that. It's been over 6 hours since I contacted support via email with no response. To add insult to injury 11 hours later a driver responded and said "I'm on my way" when I hit the cancel ride button I soon got a $5 cancellation receipt....11 hours after I requested the ride??? Consumers should know that while this service may be okay during working/peak hours, however Lyft is totally unreliable in situations such as emergencies or to avoid driving after drinking...situations when you really need a ride. Who accepts a fair then just leaves the customer standing in the rain without the courtesy of a text??? Evidently this is a common thing with Lyft. I would not recommend this service to anyone. You can't count on them showing up.

shireeb
1/4/16

I started to see Lyft charges on my credit card and it was obvious that someone was fraudently using my credit card on their account. I emailed Lyft several times - even called the critical line (they were no help!) and STILL NO RESPONSE!! 7 DAYS LATER!! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT FRAUD HERE - THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!

I've used Uber and their customer service is stellar - they would have already had this resolved for me.

I AM NEVER USING LYFT AGAIN!! BEWARE!!!

scottc85
12/21/15

Lyft blows! Had free credits and requested a ride within 15 minutes 2 different drivers cancelled. Then the one that was assigned didn't move on the map for20 minutes after saying it would arrive in 5! Cancelled that ride and called Uber who arrived in 3 minutes! Lyft, u had your shot and you blew it!

brittanym25
12/11/15

I've never used lift before and decided to use it because my sister uses it and has no problems. I got the app and had a free ride up to $5 so I said I'll just go ahead and use it. I was in a restaurant requested a ride and waited patiently. The estimated time arrival was 13 minutes, so I sat and continued to finish my drink. Well about 7 minutes later I closed my tab thinking the driver would be there soon. WRONG I opened the app again to see how far away the driver was and it still said 13 minutes. So I continued to wait and wait and WAIT for about 30-45 minutes. Finally I canceled the ride and requested a new one, right away that driver declined me. I request ANOTHER ride and waited 5 minutes before canceling that ride. Anytime my debit card is used without being swiped (bills automatically being taken out things of that nature) I'm notified that it is being used and I got an email that lyft charged me $25. I googled to see if they had a customer service number, called it, and the number is a machine telling you to file a complaint online. Can we say how convenient that is for them that they don't actually have to hear people complain. So I did that and got an email back saying that they took a look at my account and I'm not being charged and gave me a credit to use for a ride and told me that the time they give is an estimate. Which I understand but if the drive is going to be over 30 minutes late from the "estimated time" they should contact you and let you know. Low and behold I check my account the next day my account is pending a $25 charge from lyft. All of this trying to get a free ride (up to $5) was NOT worth it. I sent another email to them and haven't heard a response from them about this. Money is money I don't want to be charged for something that I haven't used. I've taken uber a few times and will continue to. Lyft is not a good company.

carlc30
12/8/15

This Company is terrible. I haven't taken a ride since August. They've been taking money from my account. I emailed them at least 4 times. They said they would get back to me. It's been a month. I reported them to the BBB. Awful experience, no phone number for customer service, it just redirects you back to their website. Stay away from them.

michellet67
12/5/15

The first time I went to use the app I was in the store about to pay for my items. I had spent the entire day in an Uber and decided, "Hey, let me use a credit from Lyft to try it out." The app says "we won't charge your card till after..." oh??? okay well I went to check out and the app charge d $30 so I couldn't pay for my items in the store.

THEN when the driver arrived, the app said the car would be WHITE it was clearly silver and you could smell the marijuana from outside of the car. We got in the car and asked if we could cancel the ride.

That is the first and last experience I will have with the lyft app.

kang15
12/5/15

I drive for them like twice a month but haven't done it in a while due to the fact if something happens to you . There is no one to help you I had 3 girls robbed me for a ride and I told lyft it took almost 2 weeks to hear back from them. I think that is dangerous especially if you live in a big city with a high crime rate which is most the cities in America . Also the pay sucks tooo the charge horrible 20% off each ride

reneec9
12/3/15

Lyft has a system that gets rid of most female drivers in the first 6 months. At times Lyft has no email or phone line to help drivers or passages. All Lyft does is copy Uber, good and bad. Women need a safe rideshare to drive and ride. We need drivers and passengers to have clean background reports.
I drove for Lyft and was very uneasy about picking groups of drunk men. I was harassed many times and at the time Lyft was changing its support email and none was available for months.
If you are going to drive make sure you get the maximum Driving bonus. Contact me directly and I will help you get one to three hundred dollars extra. My Gmail account is my full name.
Renee Belinda Cooper
Call or text 619-836-5910

jasminew10
11/23/15

A company is built upon their customers so why is it lyft has the WORST customer service. I would not recommend them to anyone in this world. I would make note that people see the truth of this "scamming" and "unresponsive" company. It is going on weeks and I have yet to get a resolution with my problem or speak to anyone in customer service. Its unbelievable. I'm so mad. They have all these hidden fees. Bad company. Truly the worst.

marcusb61
11/18/15

Went to get in the car and the seat was all the way back and when I got in behind the driver had no space for my knees never tried to move up when I got in my knees got smashed hard when I closed the door he just complained about smoking before we even got in the car and was rushing for us to get our stuff out the back of the car when we was done

constantinr
11/18/15

Stay away from bait and switch scams.that' s all it is.
When you try to contact customer service not a chance.

britneyr1
11/17/15

Lyft is stealing my money through holds. They charge a hold and then don't give it back. I use Lyft everyday and can't afford the charges they charge and after they inconvenience me they don't give me credits to help cover the money they stole. They have been keeping the money they hold on my account and I'm not OK with that. It is stealing.

marielg
11/8/15

Lyft hasn't paid me for several rides and refuses to email back. They are a shady company. No one should ride or drive with them for the sheer fact that they're thieves.

charlesm115
10/30/15

I was driving for them for 3 days. You will work for less than a minimum wage. But the difference is that you own al the risks. Lyft is only business for the client and Lyft itself. I worked 9 hours straight one Friday, made 90 miles to my car, for only $86. Remember, you have to pay for the gas, for the insurance, for the car.

alexa1207
10/30/15

Previously, I successfully used Uber several times and one day I decided to check how much Lyft would charge for the same ride. The Lyft interface is completely stupid and (in contrast to Uber) apparently does not allow to estimate the ride cost. After unsuccessfully trying to estimate Lyft ride fees, I ordered a ride through Uber. After some time I've got a call from Lyft driver telling me he is trying to find my address approximately 5 miles away from my original address (!) I told him that (a) I did not order the ride, (b) he is in a completely wrong location, (c) I do not need Lyft services. Next day Lyft fraudulently charged my credit card! Lyft does have any customer service contacts so you could not even complain anyone about these fraudulent charges! What a scam! I needed to dispute Lyft charges through my credit card.

artk13
10/26/15

Lyft has no customer service. they are terrible to their customers and drivers.

deirdreo
10/25/15

At terrania resort. Requested uber but no uber in area so I decided to try lyft. I requested a car and it came in 4 minutes and I exained to driver I am on the other side of the hotel, so it will take 3-4 minutes for me to get to entrance. She said "no problem!" I get to her and she says - sorry I now have another passenger! Now I have to wait 15 minutes for another driver!!!! I travel a lot and have never had a problem with uber! Really disappointed and angry.

masonc16
10/24/15

Driving for Lyft is fun, meet new people and the pay is good. If you have a car why not join the team. If you want to earn 1000 dollars use my referral LAKEITHA424371 and complete 100 trips in 30 days and u will get 1000

wilsont16
10/23/15

I drive for lyft and the reason I came to lyft is because of the tip option available for riders to click on at the end of the ride to be included on the driver's paycheck. I always drive safely and provide the options of going a bit slower or a bit faster depending on my rider's schedule, I always give the option to stop me at anytime if you need to get something from the store or anything else. I have a 4.96 star overall rating to this date and sometimes my week ends near a 4.98 rating, I have nothing against anyone but it is dissappointing when you realize that the majority of riders don't tip, living in a city where rent is at an all time high and only keeps getting more expensive to live in. Your favorite restaurants/bar service people live based on their tips, isn't it time to stop and think for a moment and think how would you make a living out of the same thing I do, day in and day out and dealing with many intoxicated people that bring my rating down from times even though I babysit them and make sure they make it all the way in their home/apt. Please tip your driver's if he takes good care of you. Plus in the washington dc area per an email I just got it better for riders, since you will be saving 50% off rides during the week not weekends, can you find it somewhere in your heart to tip since you'll be saving more compared to uber, please. :-) I tip all my service people when I am out and about. I used to be a barback, clerk at a lawfirm, and it is just the right thing to do. Uber drivers now rate their customers 4 stars when they dont tip

ninob25
10/21/15

"Why a driver is turned down by Lift When has a excellent driving record, brand new car, good credit, and clean background? Only because he was black,and the girl that interview him in San Diego was white and gay having an attitude against him the whole time. Can this company treat somebody with respect without taking in consideration race and color???

aminam5
10/21/15

I tried Lyft for 45 days in Boston and I found most of their marketing promises of bonuses, referral payouts to be misleading and buried in a mountain of fine prints. Getting 8 to 10 dollars for rides is not worth doing. There is low demand in the service is the suburbs and even in the Boston Downtown area you will find yourself driving in circles and riders canceling last minute.

I did not like driving for Lyft for couple of reasons:
1- They refused to deliver the sign up bonus they promised when I signed up, even though I met all the requirements and their pretext was I did not use a referral code from another driver which was easy for me to do but did not want to reward a random driver who did not referral me to Lyft. There are plenty of people who list their codes online. Lyft failed to make that clear during the sign-up.

2- While I loved the application, Lyft has a low demand in the area and you will be driving for hours fishing for riders, they won't give you an exact location of the demand. Instead, a whole city may go red but you won't know where the riders are until you are within a small distance of them. While the application has the option for tips, your riders won't tip no matter how nice you are to them. So to drive in Boston area and deal with traffic, stop and go and riders not tipping, you will be driving for gas money and nothing else.

This ride-sharing idea will not make you a lot of money if you live in Boston MA, because of the cost of living. It will be nice if Lyft delivered on their bonuses but often this is the case of the horse and the carrot. They lure you in with these bonuses just to find out that they are impossible to get or have a ton of fine prints behind them. I am hanging up the Lyft line, because they are liars and don't deliver what they promise to their partners.

kaseyw
10/17/15

I was treated with blatant disrespect by a driver named Nyi who didn't speak or understand English. He screamed at me that he was at my location, which he wasn't. When I explained where I was, he screamed more. I never got a rude yet was charged. There is No phone number to call to work this out. Now I wait to see if the company answers my emails.

88 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Lyft staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4/2/16
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
12/31/15
Answer
lorrainew3
A: If you think about the world today and the economy can you really afford to be ripped off in taking chances. First off there are many other ways of transportation. It is like a roulette wheel talk a spin and see how lucky you get. Or find a creditable source you can trust. I leave it to the opinion of the individual. It is not a matter of getting a ride. It is who you want to rely on when it is about your life.
1/3/16