US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

justinl44
11/17/14

Firstly there is the service. One day you might get a ride with someone who speaks the same language as you and is driving a clean vehicle that isn't dented, rusting or doesn't stink like the 9th circle of hell inside but that will be a RARE day if you ever do. Secondly, If you find yourself outside of their preferred pick up areas, you are not going to get a ride or you will wait longer than you wold have for a taxi or legal rideshare. Third, THERE IS NO INSURANCE. Lyft is falsely advertising that they actually have insurance, their TOS page invalidates any and all coverage for you once you get in the vehicle. Fourth, their surge pricing scam is obviously NOT about a lack of supply or demand or they wouldn't be dropping the surge price once a few of their drivers have picked up people at THREE times the normal rate in the same area. It is a method of keeping their vehicles in one area so Uber can collect more fees from their drivers. It has nothing to do with customer service or actual demand and it destroys the green factor of the service as it puts twice as many vehicles on the road than would be needed. This isn't even a real rideshare company. It is just a crappy point to point service. If you do not care about your own safety or the safety of those you travel with or the planet, this is the service for you.

rosannyf
10/12/14

I'm normally an UBER user however; I was sent an invitation for LYFT which included three rides $25 each. Friday I decided to see what LYFT was all about.
My normal fare for this particular route is normally $40-45 LYFT charged me $71 almost double. UBER has great customer service whenever you contact them the respond within 24 hours. I cannot say the same for LYFT they have yet to address the issue of them overcharging me for the ride. I spoke to some other people i know and they've had similar issue with LYFT. LYFT is a SCAM & they need to be addressed about their bad business practices.

robertw112
10/11/14

Worked well for me when I was in San Francisco about a year ago, I'd definitely recommend it in the city. Drivers were interesting and rides were cheap!

duncanr10
10/11/14

What an appalling service. I cannot begin to describe the frustration and fury I felt when I was taken to completely the wrong destination. I attempted to contact them but they did not return my many emails.

glennt12
10/11/14

pretty good but they are like the downgraded version of uber, cars are a little bit more old and you can tell that they are still figuring it out. I would travel in pairs as it the drivers can be somewhat weird. not bad on pricing, good if you can't get a taxi.

steved56
10/6/14

LYFT is very stupid! They say one thing and do another! Their application system always crashes and then they try to assure you that everything works fine! They don't really have a handle on what they are doing. For example, their stupid so called "mentors" are stingy, judgmental and not friendly. They tell you: "they have enough qualified drivers", but yet they harass you, by texting and emailing you; asking you to join their team (because they don't know what the hell they are doing!). Total contradiction. They are a very very stupid ride sharing company. I hate that their stupid pink mustache. They are not in touch with their drivers or customers, as far as I am concerned!

oliviam13
10/3/14

I have used Lyft two times and almost a third. The first time ever using it, I was forced to pay 50% extra of my bill to "encourage more people to drive". I had a job interview and no other way to get to it so I had to pay. On the way back, luckily I wasn't forced to pay extra, but my bill for two 20 min rides was over $40. The third trip I planned on taking told me I had to pay 100% more to "encourage people to drive". That is absolutely insane! I am a college student! This trip was 30 min drive both ways meaning, plus the 100% extra, the trip would be over $80! I would rather walk both ways! I understand it can be busy, but not even telling me how much the trip should about cost and then forcing me to pay so much extra is horrific!

michelleb71
9/28/14

Tonight my daughter was abandoned by Lyft. Three times her ride was cancelled. The fourth message she received stated that her ride cost would increase by 200%!!! She was in a completely unfamiliar town. She took Lyft there, so it was completely appropriate to think she wouldn't have a problem to return home. She went back into the venue and was informed of a train departing in 22 minutes, the last one of the night, but she was 20 minutes away. She ran there only to find that was bad information...the last train had already left. My now hysterical daughter called me...frantic, not knowing how she'd get home. Thankfully she found a cab who charged her $100 for a 25 minute drive to the train station. I'm hundreds of miles away, waiting to hear she has safely returned home. What a disgrace. Clearly Lyft is an unreliable company. She will stick with Uber in the future.

gohark
7/4/14

I applied in Lyft just for little bit change in my driving career. Its been 20 years I am driving taxi with local cab company's in Denver metro area. After 2 days I got an email something went wrong with my back ground and I am not able to work in Lyft as a driver. I was wondering why and called them and talked to a person finally because its is hard to get hold of any person if you have any questions, which is bad service I would say and I told them I am a driver and have a Airport badge to work at Airport but who cares no proper answer, Still waiting for their answer. Then I applied in Uber X my background was fine, I was wondering what's wrong with these people. I wasted my time I would suggest you please don't waste you time lyft. It's is very cheap company have No customer service at all, No business experience and un professional people are running this company. I would rate Lyft 0 as of my experience.

paulm141
6/8/14

i as a driver for lyft, but before i became a driver i had to buy a car, insure it, w/down payment i was out 3,200 then first week i receive a notice that i will be deactivated if i fall below 4.6 10 days later i was deactivated, and they did not even wan't to work with me, they just said no were done with you. so now i have a car payment, inc payment, and bills piling up because of no job, they should learn to work with there drivers, after all we are the most important operation to there business, they are nothing without us drivers, someone should tell them that before its too late.

bobj50
6/2/14

They don't pick you up their drivers ate being given tickets in SLC Utah that cost the driver 7000

lindaj30
5/5/14

The review about left dropping is true. I worked for them for only 6 days and got deactivated within two days without giving you a chance to fix your rating. But it is a good thing I don't work there no more because of insurance. They don't tell you that you have to change your insurance to a business insurance which will cost you in the thousands. If you get into in accident with your basic insurance, your insurance will drop you in a heartbeat, and won't pay anything. And who knows what left will do if your insurance drops you. Anyone and I mean anyone who is driving for left now or thinking about it call your insurance immediately don't wait till you have an accident. The passenger can use you an not just the company.

hardworkingd
3/31/14

Lyft sucks! They will terminate you as a driver for no reason and no notice in advance. When you ask "Why", they will send you an email full of lies. Stay away from Lyft. They are very shady, dishonest, and unprofessional. They steal earnings from their drivers and they cheat their customers as well. Use or apply at Uber, Sidecar or even a taxi instead. I've had awful experience with them.

mickp6
1/25/14

I mostly enjoy taking Lyfts. They don't gauge you like Uber does when demand goes up. The bad part is that it can be really hard to get a driver sometimes. I like Lyft drivers better than Uber drivers and taxi drivers by a mile.

hansonu
8/5/13

Lyft is a neat new ride sharing service that works like a taxi but an ordinary person drives you around. I tried it for the first time last week and it was a lot of fun and a good deal. It's a little bit cheaper than a taxi. The slightly odd part is that you're not supposed to sit in the back seat instead you sit in the front seat and talk to the driver just like it were your friend. My driver was cool so I didn't mind but I could imagine it could be weird with a bad driver. Anyhow it's a nice service and worth trying!

rogerr22
5/9/13

Lytf is a new kind of taxi service where a regular person in their car (usually adorned with a giant pink mustache on the grill) picks you up and gives you a ride somewhere and then you give a "donation". It works through an app on your phone. The app is only so-so designed; as of the writing of this review it requires Facebook to sign in. And the map thing is a bit finicky. In my experience it is a little bit cheaper than a regular taxi, but there aren't always drivers available. But the idea is good and hopefully will bring down taxi fares. It also seems like a reasonable way to make some extra money driving people around if you have some free time and don't mind driving around strangers. I should also mention there is a review system for drivers AND passengers so it puts some pressure on people to be nice.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Lyft staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: lyft overcharged me 50 dollars in my bank account.. has any 0ne figures out a way to get the money refunded?????
1 day ago
Add your answer
Q: overcharged bank account.... is the any number I can call to get my money back that was overcharged from lyft.. or can my bank do anything about it
1 day ago
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?