US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 119 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 72 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 32 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ih39
4/20/15

The website clearly states that you can sign up for a free 14 day trial, but it will auto renew and charge you weekly after that. I was charged nearly $40 for half a resume. I thought I had cancelled the free trial, but instead I had unsubscribed to the emails. When I explained my reasonable mistake, the rep was courteous and helped me resolve the error. Ultimately it was my fault for submitting a credit card, but the positive experience I had with the LiveCareer reps helped me appreciate the company.

The templates were very nice, and this service may be just right for those who have a challenge in creating the best looking professional documents.

Thank you LiveCareer.

floydb22
4/20/15

I started a trial with Livecareer, which was not a problem. However, after finding out that my company is going to give me help with job relocation, I decided to quit before the trial was done and sent an e-mail to them through their website. I did not get a confirmation e-mail. MAKE SURE YOU DO! I left for vacation immediately after and did not notice until I got my statement this week I have been charged 2 months dues even though I haven't used the site. If there is no confirmation the automatic payment kicks in. Be forewarned.

cindyk18
4/19/15

I'm absolutely appalled by Livecareer's ethics because they are willing to scam people without any remorse.
On January, I signed up for a resume ( Knowing i would be charged $1.95) . Two months later I got a bank statement, notifying me that Livecareer had charged me $39.80 per month (total of $81.88). I had no idea that they were charging me, I called them immediately after i got my bank statement. and they told me I would PARTIALLY receive a refund (only $35.00) for the second month. I don't understand why they couldn't give me a FULL refund, because they never gave me any confirmation that they were charging me. Also,the customer service was terrible (the guy who was on the phone was pretty much yelling at me!)
This website is a total scam and I warn you not to use Livecareer because they FAIL to do the right thing.

queenyl
4/18/15

Yes, it may be helpful to help you resume once, and then you don't use their "self-service" again. Without keeping you in the look of their service through emails or updates, they will charge you $40 a month plus extra little charges here and there ($1.19, $.03, $1.00). I called to cancel and get a refund only which they did for one month, the others they don't refund back after I told them that I didn't use it again and that their service was not helpful.

terrym65
4/17/15

i used the site to build a resume, cancelled after two days. Was bill 80 dollars even tho i didnt even have an account any longer. was promised a refund, its yet to show up. its been over a week, they said 3-5 days

valeriew16
4/16/15

Do not, I repeat, do not give this website your credit card number!!!! As most of the other reviewers on this site, I was scammed! And since I'm Canadian, it ended up being $52.00!! It's nice to know that this site likes to take advantage of unemployed people!!

renej10

Good

4/16/15

This is a great site. I made a resume and found a job within days! Anytime I chatted with them they were very polite and nice.If you don't know how to build a resume...this is your site! They have many formats which makes it very easy to build your resume and cover letter.

nancyl58
4/15/15

First off I don't think their resume format was impressive, I made the mistake of not reading the find print after purchasing a resume for $1.95. After a couple of weeks they charged me $39.80. I called and expressed how I felt and wanted to be refunded fully. They did a pro-rate and state they will refund me $29.85. I have not received that yet. I did learn a very valuable lesson! Read the reviews on any site you plan on purchasing from before you purchase. It will save you much aggravation. If I would of reviewed their site, I would of realized what I was getting my self in to.

rachelr22
4/15/15

The website is a SCAM. I signed up for the trial and called up to cancel it the next day. I thought everything was fine until I received a $40 bill on my next credit card. When I called up to resolve the issue the customer service I received was extremely rude and did not help me. This website is NOT trustworthy, I feel very taken advantage of. I ended up reporting the incident to my credit card company of fraud, which is a big pain in the neck. Save yourself the headache and find yourself another website.

kim1378
4/14/15

I tried this service for 24 hours and canceled next day. I caught them charging my credit card. I called, they said they never received my email, but noted i deleted my account the next day. THIS IS A SCAM folks. They said on the phone they would refund me 33.00 for this month, but only refunded $23. This is not on the up and up. Consider yourselves warned. Im contacting the BBB as well.

heidig4
4/14/15

I wanted the 14 day trial I did read through the small print but it also stated that it was easy to cancel your membership before your 14 days expired so not true!!! I tried live chat and waited online for up to 30 min with no response. I could not find the area on their web site they state is available to cancel and I tried emailing them. Finally I reached someone via telephone after waiting on hold and ended up being charged 38.80 for the service because by the time I reached someone it was one day past the 14. The worst part was I found the site to be totally lacking in professional resume help. It was a terrible site would not recommend unless you just want to give your money away.

manishp2
4/14/15

It was easy process to enroll and easy to cancel. You have really good format for resume. Thank you.

margaritag1
4/13/15

I'm so glad that I found this website. They make it easy to create a super professional resume and cover letter. They walk you through all the steps so literally anyone can do it. I especially struggled with writing a cover letter, now I have an impressive one that is sure to get noticed. I highly recommend their service, the price is small for what they do. Best couple bucks I've ever spent

yelenam
4/13/15

I signed up for this website for just a two week period, paying only what I thought was $1.95. First off, not even a big deal, but they charged me an extra 6 cents after I signed up for international fees because apparently their bank is located in London. WHO KNEW THAT?
Secondly, after the two-week period that I had signed up for I was charged and extra $39.80 as most of you other people who used this website. Had no idea that their was automatic renewal, which their customer service rep told me was all over every page of the purchasing process. Wouldn't you think that if it was all over, I would've known to cancel my account? They told me that in the first email I received that it said the accounts were auto renewal. Just checked........NOPE no indication of auto-renewal anywhere. So this site is an absolute scam. I even contacted on of their customer service reps and they told me that there's nothing they could do. My account was charged for ONE DAY extra. Like I just canceled my subscription and I'm still paying this $40! That's insane. They took literally my only funds I have as a college student so I guess I'm going to be eating Ramen for a few weeks.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THIS SITE

marlonh8
4/12/15

This website does not notify you that you will be continuously be charged $39.80 every month until you cancel. Buyers beware and read all the fine print. $120.00 for nothing. Will never use this website again!

Live and learn I guess!!

pams32
4/12/15

Obviously, LIveCareer makes their $ off of people like myself who miss the fine print of the auto-renew feature after 14 days. Thank goodness, I caught the $40 fee when looking at my bank statement today. Great product if you cancel after 14 days. $40/month is a bit excessive after that. Customer Service helpful in cancelling quickly, but I'm still disappointed overall. LiveCareer, please read all of these low ratings, and adjust your marketing appropriately.

williams316
4/11/15

Very easy step by step directions to fill out a resume

reneeh11
4/10/15

I believe this company makes most of its money on people who do not understand or who forget that they will be billed $40/month. By the time you figure it out, you are several hundreds of dollars in the hole. I would avoid this service unless you are someone who will pay attention and cancel the service after the first use.

lorib30
4/10/15

Very user friendly (able to import word doc resume) with many template styles to choose from

idos2
4/9/15

All I wanted and payed for this site is a 2-weeks pass (I used apparently one of it's other site, MyPerfectResume).
I feel like a fool as now I see I was billed for months for ~40$ each month, and for nothing.
If I wanted a monthly service, I would have bought a monthly service.

Stay away from this site!!!

alym5
4/9/15

This is a total scam. It tells you that it is only $1.99 but then charges you $39.80! They say that they will you send you an email saying that it is going to go up after 14 days but I never received an email. And then when i called to get a refund they acted like they didn't even care that they just scammed you out of your money! Not to mention the online chat takes 20 plus minutes to reply back and if they don't get to you it makes you just send an email to them!

carlp18
4/6/15

I never sign up for "auto-renewing" price scheduling and besides...who needs a service to archive your resume? What these people are doing (their business model) is obvious. Recently we saw fraudulent charging on my credit card which led to these people. The complaints are numerous. I did contact them and the supposedly gave a one month refund....it was a lie as the credit card was cancelled and they have no way to issue one. This was weeks ago and they havent contacted me about a total refund as they mentioned. Do not use this service even for a resume template on what you are told is a one time charge for a few dollars

Tip for consumers: Dont use them. Find another more honest company

tsz-ngongk
4/5/15

Its not a bad site, until you find out they automatically renew your subscription without notice.

However their customer support is excellent and responsive 5 stars.

Thank You.

stephaniet25
4/5/15

Looked up free resume help and went to this site.
Although the resume templates are nice they surprise you at the end and with a small charge and then continue to charge you monthly(which once you read it states they will charge weekly). I did not receive any correspondence or support to inform me of these charges and my supposed continued account. I have contacted the company and my credit card and will also contact the better business bureau. Sneaky and deceptive and most of all very disappointing

Tip for consumers: Find a company with quality AND values!

sherryt10
4/3/15

I spontaneously applied for a job & needed a resume asap, this site really was easy to use. The cost was $1.99 to process then cancel subscription within a week. No stress I recommend trying it

mariem42
4/2/15

This is a great site to use when building a resume and composing a cover letter. I will be starting a business soon so I will no longer need the service. However, I'd have no problem going back to it or recommending this site to a friend!

andream64
4/2/15

It is a simple scam, if 40$ means money for you, then do not use the service of this company! I wanted to use the resume builder ONLY, free, as it was advertised. After that I got the 2$ option to download the resume. There were no CLEAR information, that once I hit the registration button, I will be charged for 40$ every month after the not advertised trial period for a subscription I don't want to use. I cancelled ASAP the registration, but I'm really curious whether it will happen and whether I will get refund or not. It was the "

Maybe it is legal there to inform the customer in the small parts, but here it is conscious scam of customers, which is punishable by laws!!

I learnt the lesson and I will change my card + use safer solutions for paying through the net.

Tip for consumers: Never use this site and service!

jeremyl29
3/31/15

I used this a few months ago to type a resume for a job. After I completed the resume I cancelled the subscription. Now for the last two months they have taken $40.00 a month out of my account without my permission.

I have left emails and not heard back from anyone. This company is a joke. I now have to pay my bank to cancel the credit card and issue me a new one so this company wont be able to rip me off any further.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THIS COMPANY

kerid
3/30/15

Thanks to Live Career, I got hired at my dream job. They made it easy to revamp my resume and cover letter to get noticed.

davem105
3/30/15

They stole a bunch of money, I asked why they said that it was because of an automatic renewal that they claim is clearly posted all over their website. It's definitely not. Wouldn't give my money back. I told them that I would definitely warn people away from their website and that's what i'm doing. Their customer service is condescending and deceitful.

Tip for consumers: don't

shawnw27
3/30/15

Do not fall into the trap. It's not a free resume builder. They charge you to even download the resume, not just to print it. They will then charge their highest rate afterward the trial period. Tried calling about getting a return on the transaction and the first call was greeted by a spam bot that only made offers before promptly telling you to hang up at the end. Second call I was waiting for three hours before I just gave up on even getting to talk to anyone about it.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it. Just don't. Read up on how to write a resume yourself and use word or any free word editor. It's cheaper and I'd even say more professional.

chickens1
3/29/15

Well, I just received a letter from my bank, that they will be refunding me the money for $1.95 resume, or wait, you thought that too, right? Until... you've got MAIL (AOL pun intended) $40 monthly subscription fee. So after I've submitted the claim, which was approximately 3 month ago, I started doing some research. I gotta give them a thumbs up for nicely covering the subscription in the context of a contract, which in fact is completely legal, until I talked to my lawyer friend. Hell, why not put there a signature for your social security benefits when you retire, to them, ahhh, it takes "time" for them to collect. Silly me. I highly, HIGHLY suggest that IF you stumbled onto this website and you are reading this review, CONGRATULATIONS! You've just joined a group, better yet, a flock of stupid chickens that trusted the website and actually paid for their services, $41 for a resume that you build, not bad. What's next, gas at $3 per gallon + $120 convenience fee? Bottom line, make a complaint to your bank, you are not the last, and if you have money to invest, hire a lawyer.

P.S. And I am guarding a country from enemies foreign and domestic, so douchbags like these can legally scam people.

Tip for consumers: 1) Claim with your bank.
2) Lawyer.
3) Destroy them.

andrewh78
3/29/15

I tried this website out and all I wanted was to print one copy of my resume. One. Copy. Of. A. Resume. I forked over 1.99, which is too much anyway, but I thought why not. It cut off the last two words on each side of the paper and wouldn't work. I ended up not even using this site. A week later I was charged 39.80. I have been on hold on the phone for two hours now, and counting. I have been on hold on the website chat service for 30 minutes now. Terrible, terrible customer service and outrageous auto charges, with NO money back guarantee. Stay away. stay far away.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it. Do not give card information.

lisah113
3/28/15

I signed up for a $1.95 print fee. Read EVERYTHING on the site. I was excited to have a new fresh outlook on my resume. Comes to find out ... HIDDEN CHARGES. They charged me $39, I'm not sure for what.. but I think it's probably what everyone else is talking about.. "a subscription". And it gets even better... you CAN'T GET A HOLD OF ANYONE via phone, email, or live chat! ... Ok, maybe it gets even better... you CAN'T CANCEL your "subscription" online, there is absolutely no where to.

UPDATE: I did receive a refund. I was about to file a fraud complaint against this company if someone didn't reach me. I received an email back, but no answer via several tries to their phone number as well as their live chat. This site STILL gets 1 star because it is a scam. When I finally found a link using an online search to cancel the "subscription", (there wasn't a direct link that was found on their site), there was an offer to keep this subscription and it was nice and labeled and big print with special discounts. Why can't livecareer do that when you print your resume as opposed to hidden fees?! Still 1 star.

Forgot to add -- when I went to print my resume to a .PDF to send to an employer - all the lines and text were jumbled together ... so it didn't work anyway. It was even a waste of a $1.95,

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE

angelab59
3/26/15

This company is a scam, the auto renewal is ridiculous, and you can not find the info on it on their website. There is no money back guarantee as stated. I would not recommend this to anyone, beware and do not sign up or give them your visa.

Tip for consumers: Do not use it!

ashleyo10
3/26/15

They advertise a free resume builder until you go to print it. Then it says its a $1.99 to download it once you sign up for the monthly subscription but you must cxl it before 14 days or you will get charged. After I got the resume that I paid for I went on to cxl the account but could never find where it says to cxl the account. So I sent a message through their site, where it says they get back to you in 24 hours, stating that I couldn't find where to cxl my account so I was putting it in writing that I wanted to cxl. I have yet to get a confirmation that it was cxled and today I find that my card was charged $35.80. At this point im furious so I call to let them know that I had cxled but still got charged and they basically tell me I must have sent it to the wrong email address, even though I sent it through their website, and why didn't I call to cxl it. I explained I thought it was already cxled because I sent them the cancellation via their website email and I was told by a rep Lacey and a supervisor Jasmine that basically I should have cxled it the right way and since I didn't they would only do a partial refund?!?!? needless to say, I'm not happy at all and I would NEVER refer them to anyone. as a matter of fact, I would tell people to run from this company with a quickness

janisj2
3/25/15

What I needed .When I needed it.

jenniferb95
3/25/15

The resume builder was fantastic, and I got a job in less than 2 weeks!

annettah
3/25/15

I finally started working by doing a few shadow and training shifts on payday i got 70 pounds, i paid my rent and went to buy some food, at the shop my card was rejected, i called my bank to find that a payment of 22.95 had been taken out by livecareer. Thinking this was a mistake i contacted there customer services via their live chat, aparently the free cv builder had not only cost me the 1.95 i had to pay to print it out but i had BY PAYING the 1.95 i had further agreed to pay them a monthly subscription fee, so it has cost nearly £25 for a FREE CV, I have now email the customer services and hope they will sort this unauthorised payment out I have tried to talk to two on livw chat but it's like talking to a brick wall, im not holding my breath. How can these companies get away with these practices. No wonder there head office is in BERMUDA

Tip for consumers: Don't

gg38
3/25/15

It is a website offer low charge for editing my resume to get my credit card information. Then will automatically charge the card a monthly $39 fee, I did not realize that I need to cancel their service after the trial. They basically offered no service for the monthly fee, just a trap to get the money. Be Aware!!!

Tip for consumers: Cancel their service right away.

mrp4
3/24/15

This is a Scam! Build your free resume, pay $1.95 to print it so you can hopefully get a job right? Watch out because you just Signed up for them to take $40 a month out of you! Forget the 24 hour support! If you have an hour or two kill then you might reach someone. What do you get for that $40. Well the customer service rep who we will call Peggy (because dude sounds like Peggy from that capital one scam commercial lmao!) Couldn't answer that for me. Long story short if your looking to get screwed then go spend the hundred on a hooker, at least the hooker isn't gonna screw you with fine print! Beware!

Tip for consumers: Scam

caylar
3/24/15

While I was well aware of the monthly subscription charge, I attempted to cancel this by canceling my subscription, which I did in January. I have tried several times since to access my account, just to see if I made a mistake & didn't cancel correctly, etc. My account can no longer be accessed, so it is obviously canceled. I have continued to be charged in Feb & March & have tried with no success to reach customer service for a refund & to make sure I'm no longer charged. I've emailed, tried live chat, & sat on the phone forever waiting to speak with someone with no success. This "customer service" is ridiculous.

israels14
3/23/15

The web site leads you to believe this is a free service. But once you finish they have a 1.95 fee to print resume. After spending an hour on there site completing your resume you say " F" it and pay the 1.95 thinking you just want to be done. After the hour you don't notice the small print at the bottom. $39.80 per month $477.60 per year not worth it and they know it. Thats why the website is set up to be misleading. After i realized my account had been hit 3 months at $39.80 i called customer service and listened to music for about an hour and a half.... Nobody ever answered.... went online ..used website chat, i had to login to cancel. They refused to give any refund not even for the $39.80 that was still pending in my bank account. Would not recommend this website to anyone!!!

Tip for consumers: Buy resume software its cheaper and headache free.

zacharyr12
3/23/15

Trash! Cancel your card.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

emmas44
3/22/15

THERE IS NO WAY THIS SERVICE COULD WARRANT AN HONEST POSITIVE REVIEW. SEEMSCA LITTLE FISHY TO ME. WHY WOULD SONEONE BOTHER TO WRITE A REVIEW AFTER BEING CHARGED AN ASTRONOMICAL AMOUNT OF MONEY WITHOUT BEING TOLD FOR A VERY BASIC SERVICE THAT REALLY SHOULD BE FREE. AND SEEMS STRANGE THAT EVERY POSITIVE REVIEW BASICALLY SAYS THE SAME THING. THE VERY SAD THING IS THEY ARE PROBABLY MAKING LOTS OF MONEY BY DEC IRVING PEOPLE. HOW DO SOME PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT. AND THE THING I REALLY HATE IS A LOT OF THE PEOPLE THEY ARE SCAMMING ARE PROBABLY REALLY DOING IT TOUGH AND ARE ATTRACTED TO THE SITE BECAUSE IT DOES SAY FREE RESUME BUILDER. IF I WAS GOING TO PAY $40 A MONTH FOR USING A RESUME SUBSCRIPTION I WOULD WANT IT TO DO A LOT MORE THAN THIS CHEAP SHABBY SERVICE.

jede3
3/22/15

This site offers you "low cost" or "free" trials, then auto bill you $39.95 per month with no way to cancel. I have been trying to call and email but no one ever responds. This is a shameful practice and terrible way to do business. They need to be reported to BBB and pushed out through Social Media to get media attention of their scamming practices. I want my money back and account canceled.

Tip for consumers: Beware! They will take you money and keep billing you! Yes, it's one of those scam sites, not really there to help you but take your money.

Call attention to this site to get the media and BBB to bring them to light!

emmak19
3/22/15

I am a high school student that only needed to print a resume one time. Upon paying the $1.95 for printing once, the resume never printed and I still paid the $1.95 because I figured it wasn't that bad. Little did I know that after trying to cancel my subscription that day, it never went through and I was just charged $39.80 for a service I NEVER USED. I'm so frustrated and angry with the deception this website contains.

treiab
3/20/15

Dear Anna B,
Don't you get tired of replying to all the 1 star reviews from disappointed and disgruntled customers. I have run a successful company for 10 years now - good ethical business practice is of up-most importance and because of this, we have maintained a .001% complaint rate over 10 years. I would hate to see Live Careers complaint rate.
You have a good product yet your terms and conditions are deceiving and your customers are left with bad taste in their mouths when they are charged for a subscription that they did not know they signed up for. I have listed your charge of $39.80 US as an unauthorized payment with my financial institution.

Tip for consumers: The following is what is sent to you via email after you create and download your resume:

Account Management
If for any reason you do not want to take advantage of your free LiveCareer membership, you may delete this account.

There is nothing FREE about your account

brandond18
3/20/15

As a uni student, I found themall price of $1.95 very reasonable and I thought it would be useful to create my resume. However, little did I know that after using the website once, I would be debited 40$USD two weeks later without confirmation. As a uni student already struggling with money, these hidden fees are very costly. Yes I am sure that these fees were stated in the fine printed but this has now set me back 40$USD for using the site once. Not happy and do not recommend.

Tip for consumers: Be careful..

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is the price $1.95 Canadian dollars?
1 month ago
Answer
paulc129
A: just make sure you call them. its easier and you definitely know that it got canceled. a temp card isn't a bad idea either. good luck
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: My daughter used your website on 4/5 for a cover letter. The website said that it would be active for 9-11 days. She tried cancelling but it did not cancel and now she was charged $40. We would like to cancel and get a refund of the $40
1 month ago
Answer
paulc129
A: if u call them they will refund the money
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
LiveCareer?