US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 77 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 48 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 18 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

judyc21
10/4/14

Had a great experience with LiveCareer. Super easy navigation setting up my resume and the trial offer was super affordable!

shanayam
10/4/14

THIS SITE HAS MY BANKING INFORMATON AND I DONT KNOW HOW THEY GOT IT. THEY HAVE BILLED ME OVER $150 WORTH. TH EONLY REASON I NOTICED WAS BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT GOT OVER DRAFTED. I ENDED UP HAVING TO CLOSE Y ACCOUNT WITH MY BAN ENTIRELY AND WILL NOT BE OPENING UP A NEW ONE. THIS ACOUNT IS A SCAM AND I WILLNEVER USE I AGAIN. THEY ARE LOCATED IN A WHOLE NOTHER CONTRY, AND WHEN YOU GO TO THE SITE TO GET HLP IT DOESNT WORK AND IT SAYS IT HAS 24 HUR HELP BUT THEIR CHAT BUTTON DOESNT WORK. IT IS RIDICULOUS, AND I WILL BE FILING A POLICE REPORT.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

michaelw107
10/4/14

Easy Step by Step instructions with plenty of templates to help write your resume for a very low cost. You can enter your info and see how it looks before you buy which I liked.

sharim3
10/4/14

LiveCareer help me create & design the perfect resume. I received many calls from potential employers after having posted my new resume and thanks to LiveCareer I start my new job next week!

elizabethd42
10/3/14

I used this live career to make a cover letter and a resume ...It was easy and very user friendly... The same day I was able to print both out and send it along with my application. ..Thanks to live career for helping me land the job ...I would definitely recommend it to anyone having trouble building a resume or cover letter

deborahs22
10/3/14

Excellent customer service. Templates easily navigated with great success.

kilipenip

pretty awsome

cathyd12
10/3/14

My experience was very informative.

carmenn3
10/3/14

This is a good service however the only gripe I have is that it said at the beginning it was free but when I created my lovely cover letter it would not let me send it without paying the small fee. All in all some people are willing and able to pay the membership fees but I am not at this time however for those who can I think they will like the resumes and cover letters that they can create. Also the live customer service is great for any problems one may experience.

ediet1
10/2/14

The site is wonderful! It is easy to use - even for an ordinary person! It has great suggestions for wording and organizing and is easy to edit. I used it to help my son Michael Videtti prepare his resume and we are both delighted with the results.

brandeet
10/2/14

Got a job almost immediately with the updated resume. Also very simple and easy cancellation services. Did it all online with the representative. Very satisfied. Never paid for a resume before this site and their selections are awesome! And downloadable!

emmam41
10/1/14

I used Live Career for my Resume and Cover. The service is easy to use and when I did not need it any more there was no hassle to cancel.

jeffk37
9/30/14

Writing resumes and cover letters was a easy. Multiple formats for any preference. I
The only problem I felt like I faced which might have been user error was a slight agitation with pulling up previously written resumes and trying to forward them to my printer, email or another printable document.

tonyaf6
9/30/14

This website is great, I definitely recommend for anyone needing to upgrade their resume!

vincentep
9/28/14

Your website was very informative, it helped to create a resume and cover sheet
for my future employment. Thank you very much. *****

wayneh33
9/27/14

The site and materials were very helpful .

derrickk12
9/27/14

Excellent! I love this site! The Resume builder helped me build a Resume that no one could turn down!

tracio
9/26/14

They are overpriced at $39.80 per month. I canceled my account exactly 16 days after using their site. I understood this was a 30 day trial...like 99.99% of the web and they say I owe them. Of course that is how these rip-off sites make their money. Get it on the 1st pmt, then who cares if you use their service.

9/26/14:: Update Live Career did refund my money..$38 less the $2 fee. Awesome.. appreciate the refund. BUT don't put customers thru the ringer...not fair to my time to have to spend so much time and 4 emails to get refund. By the time you guys finished...your cost per account were almost as much as my refund. Be smart with your resources!! Still wont recommend based on more hassle than help.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your $40!!! Instead of using this site to build a resume...look for templates and examples of people within your own profession.

lourdesz
9/26/14

Pleasant and easy to navigate

brandicer
9/26/14

I used this site and was under the impression that it was a 30 day trial as well and was taken by surprise to see almost $40 dollars taken from my bank account with not even an email with some notice or anything. due to the amount of reviews I've seen from just today this site should look into sending out perhaps a warning email to the one you provide when signing up. The site wasn't even too helpful for me I couldn't send the template of my email even after I had paid for the trial.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE OF THE CONFUSION OR YOU WILL BE $40 SHORT IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT

lorij13
9/26/14

I signed up for the free trial period, started a resume, due to possible career change. I ended up not leaving my job and then forgot about my account here. When I checked my credit card I saw the charge and that jolted my memory. Through my own fault, I forgot to cancel my account. I called the customer service agent and they very politely and professionally assisted me with canceling my account. She didn't pressure me into staying and understood my reasoning. I appreciate that.

Tip for consumers: If you sign up for free trial period, pay attention to the dates.

corrined1
9/26/14

It was very helpful in updating my resume.

johnd288
9/26/14

Live Career's resume builder was essential in helping me develop a curriculum vitae that supported my pursuit of a "c" suite executive level position in a global company. I was very pleased with the finished product and I love my new job!

latreceh
9/26/14

Very nice job. Makes resumes stand out.

angelaw29

Great I love this site

courtneyt12
9/26/14

Of course when my husband said it would only cost $2.00 to perfect his resume, I handed over my credit card without thinking.. man did we get fooled... After he found his job, and thought he cancelled his account.. I realized they had been charging me $40/ month for the past 2 months >:(

I really wish I had realized sooner... $80+ bucks is NOT worth the month it took him to find employment, and obviously we were still in debt after us both being unemployed for that month :(

On a side note, my husbands Resume turned out just as good as the one I made for myself from scratch using only Microsoft word, and common sense.

...Scumbags advertising "free Resume Building" Hah.

Tip for consumers: My advice would be to keep your credit card info far, far away from these soulless con-artists.

tamaram6

Wonderful and very helpful.. And very polite CS

barneyf8
9/26/14

It works; gives you many ways to get organized. I used it it was fast and effective.

jaimif
9/25/14

Excellent service! Thank you kindly.

marthas26

I was very pleased!

marvinw5
9/25/14

I had not worked for over a year and I used this site to put together my resume. Well the good news is that I received the job. Kudos to this wonderful site for providing excellent tools for the world to use and create great outcomes.

takiar
9/25/14

I highly recommend LiveCareer. Did my resume and got a higher position.

juliam31
9/25/14

excellent service, I was all around very pleased with this site!! I recommended it to many of my friends, and it helped me immensely! the live chat service was also very awesome!! ;)

jeraldh10
9/25/14

Excellent service and overall experience

judithm12
9/25/14

I absolutely loved working in the provided templates. I was even able to do resumes for several other people during the time that I had the account. Will consider re-enrolling if I am able to start up the resume business I have in mind.
Thank you again!

jimh65
9/24/14

I would have given LiveCareer a rating of two and a half stars due to the fact you advertised FREE like all the other bull*****r's and it ended up costing again.
However, I thought it was clever the way you let the customer build their resume, and now we (the customers) are looking at the finished product excited about the prospect of using this masterpiece, and then realize there is nothing we can do about it unless we PAY!!! Well done.
On the bright side, you gave me options (prices) that were fair.
You gave the option to cancel at anytime.
And last but not least, There was no high pressure sales pitch trying to keep me from canceling, in fact, I was impressed by the customer service rep, she seemed truly concerned on weather I had found a job using your services.
So based on the whole experience with LiveCareer I will have to give your company a rating of four stars.
Thank You for your services.

heathere7
9/24/14

This was a great experience with LiveCareer. Very user friendly and kind of fun to use!

tommyg20

DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

if you're not careful they will take 34.99 from you every month, and of course their "phones are currently down" and after waiting for live chat for almost an hour, no response. It happened to me, i'm a college student, so of course i don't have money to just throw around. but luckily i realized it right away and was only charged once.

not to mention, the title of the site is a lie, "free resume building". yeah sure, you can build it for free, but you have to pay to do anything with it afterwards.

most people use this site to make their resume quickly, find out after working on it for X amount of time that it costs 1.95 for a two week sub to even save it, pay for it, and probably never go back on it.

this is where they screw you.

34.99 a month is a scam in itself for resume formatting. two weeks for 1.95 turns out to be 34.99 every month until you realize they stole your money.

they know damn well most people aren't going to read through all the terms to find that if you don't cancel after two weeks that they will charge you, and they use this to their full advantage. how this site is still in operation is beyond me.

stop ripping people off, change the auto charging. if i wanted a monthly subscription i would have signed up for it. i want my money back.

Tip for consumers: cancel now.

jamesw134
9/22/14

Very easy to use and helpful for what I needed.

charlesh63
9/22/14

I just needed to cancel my subscription and Joan was very helpful to do that. The site helped me quickly produce a transcript for a new job I had already been given, but I needed an updated resume. The site was helpful, I just forgot to cancel my subscription immediately.

kathyk19
9/22/14

I have used Live Careers twice with great outcome both times. I would strongly recommend to anyone whom needs a good resume. They are also helpful with online support!!!! Two thumbs up!

christopherw27
9/20/14

This was a great help in assisting my wife and I to find and apply for position using the templates presented from site. I would suggest others use resume builders to land that dream job they are searching for. THANKS!!!!

garyf35
9/20/14

Excellent

lavondah
9/19/14

I would recommend this site to my Family and Friends. I have a son who is going through college right now and I will be recommending this site to him in the very near future. Thank you for your help. LiveCareer is so very easy to use and the help is in great detail.

bongos
9/18/14

Experience was Great, learned how to create a resume in no time.
Able to edit the resume for different job opportunities.
Best of all found a job in no time.

patriciab42
9/18/14

I am greatfull for the chance to use Live Career services and would recommend them to all and anyone.

dougm30
9/18/14

really help with writing a resume

toniam
9/18/14

Paid the money to have my resume printed, and the second draft of my resume never saved on the site. Contacted customer service and they said they could see it and canceled my request for help. After two times of doing this, I just cancelled my subscription. Poor customer service.

sabrinak
9/18/14

I like how the trial was free and you could explore different resume styles, and the website acted as a learning tool to help guide me in making a better resume

tiffanyi