US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 131 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 84 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 37 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

gregorys40
5/20/15

This site was extremely helpful with updating and formatting a professional and eye catching resume and definitely played an invaluable role in landing my most recent position. I would easily recommend the services it has to offer!

andream67
5/20/15

worst service ever, i have been writing to them endlessly and requesting to stop monthly payments and there is never any response. I will now have to take legal action against them

evat10
5/19/15

Don't use this site. It is a rort. They tell you after you have paid $1.95 that you will start getting charged monthly at a rate over 10x your original payment. Then they tell you that if you want to cancel the service to go to "Settings" in your account...something that does not exist. After 15 minutes of searching, I eventually found where you could cancel. Even then, you could easily make a mistake and instead of cancelling the subscription, you end up deleting the account and still getting charged. I can say without a doubt this is one of the most misleading and deceptive sites I have ever encountered.

aa984
5/19/15

They stole $150 from me using there auto renewal service! Stay the hell away from this $#*!. I gave them $2.50 to print off one resume with my credit card which turned into $150 from auto renewal services. After calling customer service to get a refund they decided they would rather be thiefs and keep the $. STAY THE HELL AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vishwap
5/19/15

Will take your money without $#*!ing consent. That too monthly. Not able to delete the account as well. Stay away folks. Why isnt there a zero rating

anthonym111
5/18/15

After paying the initial $1.95 for preparing a resume Live Career will bill you $39.80 for the rest of youyr life if you do not cancel in the first 14 days.

chrisv25
5/18/15

This site is extremely user friendly. I created a precise, concise and effective resume in just minutes. I landed the job I wanted and the customer service is unbeatable. THANKS LIVE CAREER!

mikea76
5/17/15

costs too much and if you dont want the "extras" then they wont process your order. Very specific I like their content but they want you to pay 14 dollars for someone to look over your work and such I just wanted to print or import it to google docs but that even costs you money

tommiea9
5/17/15

I used the resume builder to create my first resume in over twenty years! It was so easy, and the instructions were clear. I loved the tips that popped up alongside every section I was going through. The only thing that kept it from being 5 stars in my book, was the fact that I wasn't told up front that although I could create all the resumes I wanted, I would be charged if I wanted to have them. The charge was minimal (1.95), and I gladly paid it, but I didn't care for the fact that I was hit with it after I'd gone through the entire process.

madisonk5
5/16/15

I let my sister use this to make my resume, she said it would cost around 2 dollars. I agreed and gave her my card. Neither of us were aware it was signing us up for a 40 dollar per month registration. Note: I am a ridiculously broke college student and 40 dollars means a lot to me! Right after the charge was made to my card I wrote to customer service to see if a refund could be issued, it's been THREE days and no reply. I have no use for this site other than the ONE resume. Terrible experience, and NO help from any customer service representative, after 3 days. I am so upset. >:(

amandaw57
5/15/15

My 16 year old paid to print a cover letter and used her bank card. Then they started billing her. I called and had a conversation letting them know she was a minor and could not legally enter into a contract. They take zero responsibility for entering into such a contract and refuse to refund the almost 40 dollars to her bank account. I spoke with a supervisor who also refused and asked if I wanted to file a fraud charge against my daughter. Like that was a threat. She used her own bank card so there was no fraud I told him. Then he continued to read his script about how they make their best effort to prove age. Obviously they failed this time!!!! A minor cannot legally concent to a monthly contract. This business needs to take responsibility for their actions, as I am seeing multiple posts regarding minors and they just give a too bad response.

richardm105
5/15/15

Same thing as the others. You sign up for the $1.95 and they charge you $40 a month. I also noticed on their live chat I didn't mention the reason why I was cancelling but they had an automated response that they DID in fact tell you in the fine print that they would be charging you monthly. That points to the fact that this company lives off the couple of charges they get from customers before that customer notices and cancels. Horrible business practice that should be illegal

havetot
5/14/15

I was using Live Chat and waited for 14 min. No one was responding to my chat at all. So, I agree, with most of people that LiveCareer is scam.

Do not use the service!! Be very careful!!!

dorkan
5/12/15

I have never written a bad review but I am so mad that I have to on this one! I subscribed for the $1.95 trial to use only one time. Not knowing that I've been charged $40 for the last couple of months without even knowing it! That's a lot for a college student living on their own. So I called once I saw it on my bank statements since I didn't recognize the name and the lady cancelled it for me but told me that the money will not be put back on my account because it says it somewhere on the page that you have to cancel it within two weeks...well that just sucks, I don't even know what to say. I feel foolish for using this site.

cj130
5/11/15

I tried to email "annaB" and my email came back saying there was no such person or email.

I am going to call my bank to stop any further payments, and I am going to report this company to the Office of the Washington State Attorney General.

I would give it minus stars if I could

douglasd14
5/10/15

Harriet with Employee ID 9331 was amazingly helpful in the live chat, Alaine disconnected the moment I told her the issue. Dislike the way the website is ran (no easy way to end subscription, only sells service as subscription, usual clickbaity crap), but Harriet made a bad experience better.

ericac13
5/9/15

This is the WORST company EVER!! I have used this company several times but NEVER again!! I tried several times to cancel my subscription but with no success. I waited on the phone for over 30 minutes twice then almost an hour another time. I tried online to cancel but was obviously unsuccessful when I saw the charge on my account. I will NEVER recommend this website to anyone or on social media as I have done in the past. Now all I will give is negative reviews!!
This company needs to be more clear on how to unsubscribe! This company is just a scam to get money!!

jennyk22
5/9/15

I subscribed to the trial and then cancelled, receiving a confirmation email of this. I then proceeded to be charged via the auto monthly subscription.

Going online, I was told that in fact, they couldn't find my account as there was no account attached to my email address or card charged. Apparently there is a difference between closing an account and cancelling the subscription.

Which seems bizarre if I have received email confirmation of the cancellation, and no longer have an email or account on their records so how do they expect me to both use the system, or log on to cancel my subscription?

Ridiculous logic, poor customer service and overall very frustrating. Would not recommend.

wadeh30
5/9/15

Typical sign up, don't read the fine print because we don't have the time to read every end user license agreement or terms of service these days. If we did, we would never get off the computer. They start taking huge sums of money from your account. Big enough to have an impact, small enough that a lot of people won't notice. Around $40 per month. When you contact them saying this is bogus, they don't care. They aren't in this to have a long-term reputable company, they are in it for the quick scam.

They are not a business. I am forced to put 1 star on here, but the reality is they don't act like a business, more like a smooth talking con artist that takes money from old people. Con job in and out, through and through.

eegghhc
5/8/15

I had the same problem with all other customers. I used their online resume template in Dec 2014 for $1.95 with my automatic payment credit card, and just realized today that they have charged me $39.80 for 5 month without sending me any receipt or notification whatsoever. When I called, they said the same thing as they told other customers, that it is in their policy the auto pay occurs after 14 days. They charged me so far $200 for no service provided, and they only agree to refund $39.80.

These guys need to be reported for their deception. I will fight. We all need to do something to stop this crime!

cindyf20
5/8/15

My MINOR daughter wanted to use the site for a resume to look for a summer job. Then, after creating it, realized she would have to pay $2.99. I said OK, since the work was done. She did NOT receive any emails indicating an ongoing charge of $39.80, nor was I aware. All of a sudden I see a charge of $39.80 on my credit card and that was the 2nd time. Caught it the day it was posted. Now, why would a 16 year old need to subscribe to a resume service? When I called the customer service rep put me on hold for 14 minutes, probably hoping I would give up. Then I was told she couldn't even refund me the $39.80 that was only posted hours earlier. STAY AWAY from these guys.

timothyb49
5/8/15

READ ALL REVIEWS BEFORE TAKING A RISK ON THIS SITE. I DIDN'T AND IT COST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pennyl6
5/8/15

I did not sign up to pay for this however, they have been charging my card $39.80 per month.

kimf32
5/7/15

Called the number listed, no answer, then a busy signal. Tried to use LiveChat, left to wait for 5 minutes and no one came on. Called my credit card company to indicate that I did not order anything from them and am now being issued a new credit card. Funny thing is, my credit card company was well aware of how LiveCareer works.

kimberlyb21
5/7/15

I was looking a free template to make a quick Resume for my sons aged 16 and 13 so thought great a two week trial. I know that I cancelled it within the time frame as I only used it twice and all within a week. Well I was checking my Visa statement today and to my surprise I was billed $39.80 which is $49.72 Canadian since that is where I live. When I called they also put all the blame on me and could clearly see I have not used it and said it would never happen again but would not refund me the money. I am beyond mad and angry. I think they make it look like you cancel at the time but in reality they do not put it through! What a scam!!!

nicholeb11
5/7/15

They have terrible customer service! I waited on the phone for 10 minutes for the person to tell me she wasn't going to credit my account at all, nothing! Not a prorated fee, nothing. And it's still pending on my bank account! I will be calling my bank account today to fight this fee. I can't believe they don't offer any kind of money back guarantee! The company should just charge $2 per resume and cover letter! Who needs unlimited amounts in a month for $40?! Ridiculous. The person on the phone wasn't helpful at all! We all understand that the subscription was for 14 days for the $2 charge. But after the 14 days, the $40 charge is for the next 30 days. I called the very first day after it was charged and they tell me that they will do nothing about it?! RIDICULOUS.

laurad55
5/5/15

Never have i ever seen a company and its site so manipulative and deceitful. i used the services for two hours to continue building a resume, in hopes to unsubscribe afterwards and pay the small few dollar fee. Needless to say, i have already been billed 45$ and did not sign any disclaimer or warning they would be doing so. how shocking is it that a company is offering such help, with only the promise of the opposite.

sylviak4
5/5/15

Their billing methods are deceptive and once you are caught, there is no way out.

ryanw37
5/4/15

I paid for the trial to use a resume template and I knew of the auto-renewing subscription. I attempted to cancel it after I was finished building my resume by clicking on the "cancel subscription" button. While I assumed it had gone through, I have been billed the ridiculous amount of $80 since March. After two attempts and a long wait on the customer service line, I finally reached an agent. I am usually a very understanding person, but the multiple times she dropped the word "you" as if this was entirely my fault really upset me. She said there were many ways for me to cancel my subscription, as if I had known that it didn't go through! Hoping for some compensation, the only thing she could do was return the amount that they were already planning to bill me for the nest period! "Based on the number of days that have passed since my last billing.." I will certainly never use them again and I don't know why anyone ever would. There is no value in unlimited resumes for $35 a month. $2 a template makes sense and thats all.

aimeej3
5/4/15

I used this site for a quick template resume builder and it was just that. I even spent the couple dollars to have access to download the resumes to my computer after I was all finished. I was not aware that after making that purchase I would be set-up in an automatic subscription renewal and would be charged $39.80 without any notice. I woke up this morning to check my bank account and see I was charged $39.80 for a livecareer subscription and said "OH NO YOU DIDN'T" and went on the livecareer site immediately and cancelled my subscription. However, that does not mean I will be automatically refunded my money, so I emailed and also chatted live with customer service and had to make a very big fuss over it. I just received a confirmation email that my refund should be here in a few days. We'll see. Either way, I'm very disappointed with this website. Especially for taking so much money from my account without any notice. DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

dianem34
5/3/15

So easy use, really liked the helpful tips and affordable prices! In the past I spent over $200 on a professional teachers resume- this was so much more affordable!

donaldr19
5/3/15

Skipping past the part about having to sign up for a subscription AFTER you spent time on bulding your "free resume", i signed up for the trial and canceled after i was finished. A few weeks later i am billed $39. I try and log into my account thinking maybe i forgot to cancel, but my password doesn't work. I then contact CS via Live Chat, and that i deactivated my account, which is why i can't log in, but that "deactivating" my account and cancelling my subscription are two different things and that i can't get a refund because "i was well i formed of their policy". When i asked how I'm supposed to cancel my subscription when i have no account access, i received no reply. While the resume builder tool is awesome, the deceptive billing, and the need to sign up for a subscription rather than being able to just pay for the resume makes this site a total rip off. On a side note, who really needs a $39 monthly subscription to build a resume?

linec
5/2/15

I was building a resume on their site as it suggestion plan $1.95 access 14 days on march. It turns out that doing this automatically signs you up for a membership that charges you $40 per month, and 80$ for two month...for absolutely nothing. When i found out, and contacted them I received no offer for a refund, and cut off your call - so rude, this is the worst experience i ever had. They don't care about customer service, since you in their trap, they don't care.

denisec31
5/2/15

The company actually refunded the amounts charged to me credit card. I received an email stating they had credited the credit card. I'm grateful.

daniellep12
5/1/15

They wrote that you would only have to pay a certain price monthly and charged almost 10X the amount. Called the company and talked to some foreign person who couldn't understand what I was saying. Had to talk to her like I do a three year old and I still didn't get problem resolved. Worse site I have been to.

brittneyw8
5/1/15

This website walked me through the process on how to build a resume. After I created it, within a few months I was able to land the job I wanted!

jm142
4/30/15

I spent quite a bit of time building a resume on this website and didn't figure out until after I was done that in order to print it or download it I would have to sign up for one of the subscription plans. They advertise themselves as a free resume building site and it doesn't say anywhere that you need to pay to print or download your resume - to me that is a classic bait and switch. When I did look into the subscription options, it says that I will be automatically billed after the initial period. I have been sucked into those plans before and it is always almost impossible to cancel once they have your credit card in their hands. Besides which, it is never easy to cancel a subscription once you have signed up. So, in short, this website was a complete waste of my time and effort. No thanks - I will not be giving you my credit card number to have on file.

toastc
4/27/15

Same experience. The bait and switch is breathtaking. A monthly fee is $3 an annual ~$40 but if you get the free trial and it rolls over they blithely go ahead and charge you $40 repeating month over month. What a nightmare.

jackt45
4/27/15

Very easy to use process. I was very pleased with the appearance of the finished product and ended up with a job offer shortly after sharing my resume with a few prospective employers.

leilah6
4/27/15

One, if you try to cancel, it might not work. Because when I thought I had cancelled my subsciption I must have been for something else because I was not notified of this monthy payment, the 14 day blah blah is not clear enough. I was only refunded 9.50 because they charge by the week of 9.50 each week. This site is not worth 40 bucks a month, the customer service is rude, while typing a long message to the worker, they thought I was satisfied because I did not answer within a minute or two of their message. I now have 40 dollars in my bank account and a poor college student thanks to them. I don't have the type of money to send on sites that give lousy service. Also when checking with the subscription payment process there was no notice of 14 days notice or anything else. I was first lead to believe to only pay 2 dollars and there is a big label saying money back guarantee. Well I got 1/8th of my money back and that wont help me pay any bills or for groceries.
Thanks for the "wonderful" service Livecareer.

I hope nobody else falls for this scam.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site at all.

ct44
4/26/15

It's a scam

chelseap7
4/26/15

I am a nursing student who made the mistake of signing up for a trial period, costing me a little over $4.00. They have began to take $39.80 out of my account monthly, even though I have emailed billing and complained about these false charges. Stay away from this company! Their "live chat" never responded and I did not hear back from them after e-mailing several times.

matthewr36
4/25/15

Lots of templates to build your resume. Very easy to use, and doesnt take all that long. My resume shines !!!

sharonw40
4/24/15

For those who have been out of the workforce and haven't had to write a resume, this service took me step by step through the process and even gave me examples of correct language to use.

kimg30
4/23/15

I use this service to make my boyfriend a resume.for initially $1.95 but later charged his bank account for $59.49 after the 14 day trial.upon signing up for the service I was told they will be charged $6.99 a month. I called customer service which was no help she couldn't even tell me what my monthly rate was supposed to be and even if you add up 699 per week it still doesn't add up to $59.49 this service is just a scam please be aware they will take your money and will not return it.

ledas
4/23/15

This website was completely misleading. Make sure to read fine print, because I have ended up with a bill over 100$, when initially i expected to write a free resume. False advertising, and exaggerated claims are the first red flags.Claiming to help "over 10 000 000 people in the Us and beyond". The website claims you resume will be free, after you have finished, it charges you 2$. I chose to pay this, my mistake. If you do not cancel your account after the first 2 weeks, you are then charged 40$. As well as forty dollars each month after this.They did not answer my complaint and refused to cancel my account until after months of billing. The cost of this site is not worth its product.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site, unless you want to be overcharged and taken advantage of by a dishonest company.

aprilc12
4/23/15

With the help I received from Live Career, building my resume was easy! I built my resume and sent it out to 10 different employers seeking employment, I received 4 phone calls for interviews that same afternoon! I am both impressed and very pleased with my resume and will be referring all my friends and family to use this site! Thanks Live Career! I now have the career I have always wanted, with great pay too!

yiyunh
4/21/15

The website was really disappointing!
I came across Livecareer on Google advertisement and tried its 14 days trail. HOWEVER, after that they automatically extended my subscription for 3 months without even a single notification, although I've NEVER browsed their website afterwards.
I contacted their customer services, and they replied that they were happy to return $9.95 for me... I was charged for over a hundred and only less than one-tenth was refundable! Although they said they stated about their automatic renewal policy, I still felt like I was deceived and their solution was totally unacceptable to me. (Btw, really hope Google can stop advertising for such unreliable company..)
It was a really unpleasant experience, and I'll think twice next time before clicking into a Google ad.

ab2571
4/21/15

Read the negative reviews below and proceed with caution. They are very clever about getting your money!

ih39
4/20/15

The website clearly states that you can sign up for a free 14 day trial, but it will auto renew and charge you weekly after that. I was charged nearly $40 for half a resume. I thought I had cancelled the free trial, but instead I had unsubscribed to the emails. When I explained my reasonable mistake, the rep was courteous and helped me resolve the error. Ultimately it was my fault for submitting a credit card, but the positive experience I had with the LiveCareer reps helped me appreciate the company.

The templates were very nice, and this service may be just right for those who have a challenge in creating the best looking professional documents.

Thank you LiveCareer.

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is the price $1.95 Canadian dollars?
Answer
alanal3
A: Do not use this site!
6/3/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: My daughter used your website on 4/5 for a cover letter. The website said that it would be active for 9-11 days. She tried cancelling but it did not cancel and now she was charged $40. We would like to cancel and get a refund of the $40
4/22/15
Answer
cj135
A: Dont waste your time trying to contact them. I went to my bank and had all future billing refused AND I went to the State Attorney General and reported them.
6/2/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
LiveCareer?