US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 199 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 130 reviews)

anal58

The problem is as I explained to her I did not want to become a member, I only signed for the free 14 days trial. (in 63 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

garyj40
5/21/16

Very helpful and I am satisfied. I could not afford the fee but I see a real use for this among some people that are not as adept at writing a resume or cover letter. I will bring up this site at a place I volunteer for...

connort5
5/21/16

Like many other people, I signed up with LiveCareer in order to easily make a resume. I paid for the 14-day trial, but forgot to cancel my subscription after that, as being a college student can be rather distracting. Two months later, I discover the two 40 dollar payments on my checking account. Naturally, this was rather distressing, so I contacted customer support. Thankfully, they have stated that they will be reimbursing me in full for both months of payments. If the transactions aren't posted within the expected time, I will definitely be making contact with them again.

Decent service, with some rather tricky billing guidelines. Also rather expensive. If you can afford it, it's not a bad service. But if you are currently job-hunting, or are low on funds, I would recommend just creating a resume on your own.

sohailr
5/21/16

I like the resume builder, very easy and so many choices.
Customer service is great. Maria answered all my questions professionally.

annav30
5/21/16

A very quick and courteous service thank you

jasonh125
5/21/16

Cover Letter Now offers alot of useful templates for creating resumes and cover letters. However, After having a few technical issues I was beginning to become upset with the service. That was until I spoke with a particular customer service rep (Maria Teresa Torres). She was very friendly and helpful. She corrected the issues I had been having and was very good at her job. If all of their Customer Service Reps are as good as Maria was than I would use their services again if needed.

elizabethc145
5/21/16

This site was easy to use and convenient.

carterb23
5/21/16

I had a billing issue with my account and Maria resolved the issue not only swiftly, but with a lot of understanding. She seemed to really care about my issue, and the resolution we came to, I think, satisfied us both. I will be recommending LiveCareer to any and everyone who needs even the remotest help with the services provided. Maria was absolutely excellent!

jeano8
5/21/16

Maria Torres was very helpful with finding out the status of my account and helping me cancel it. She did over pressure me to stay on which was very much appreciated. If I am in need of your services again in the future, I'd definitely come back

tiaral
5/20/16

Overall, he was very helpful and informative. I really appreciated it!

jamess407
5/20/16

My daughter needed a resume fast
We were able to get templates and even a cover letter wow !
she also got her first job thanks guys....a child's independence teachs them about money and adds to personal happiness.

josephh92
5/20/16

I had many billing AND formatting issues that the site would not fix. I spoke live chat with a Victor Cruz and he helped with everything! He also fixed all the issues and did it in a timely manner also!! This man deserves many kudos for all the help he did!!!

hishamr
5/20/16

Victor in customer service is the best! Very painless process and got me fixed up in no time! I wasn't able to use the features as a premium member and he did magic in 2 min and got it!!

joseh43
5/20/16

best customer service ive ever had

vickis41
5/20/16

It made my job hunting preparation so much easier.

evelync24
5/19/16

helpful and easy to chat live!

maximed7

Quick and helpfull agent

mekemekeh
5/19/16

David was amazing in helping me cancel my subscription. Unfortunately, I didn't know what email my account was under and he took the time to look up my card number and locate the correct email for my account. He was extremely patient and so helpful. I truly appreciate his expertise and help. Thank you David!

janniac
5/19/16

I got a charge on my account for a suscription I didnt remember signing in for. I contact live chat and David Bermudez was awesome, he explained me what was the charge for, he cancelled and told me the rigth info, now im just relieve that my money is going back and that no one jacked my card! thank you

osmanj
5/19/16

Support was quick to resolve my issue but In my honest opinion the issue should not be there in the first place. If a customer has a trial subscription then leave it at trial.

Should not change to an actual subscription and charge them using their billing information.

christic6
5/19/16

Easy to use! Great customer service. Would recommend to friends.

leotal
5/18/16

My son signed up for ResumeNow and didn't realize that it rolled over to a subscription once the trial was over. After billing my credit card, LiveCareer immediately refunded my money.
I will definitely use them again!!!

teresaa19
5/18/16

I paid the fee to get a resume, it works for a quick download, but is a little pricey to pay a monthly fee. However, I canceled before the 14 day trial and they were very nice. Not pushy or rude when I canceled. If you are looking for a job and need a good resume, this is a good place to start.

tammyw29
5/18/16

The person was very polite & Helpful. He/she made this quick with having any hassles at all. I

lorij19
5/17/16

I have contacted this company 5 separate times. Email, phone and chat! No one will help me with my concerns! My resume is being displayed as an example, and I have asked them in every way possible to take it down. They have said, I can only do it thru my account, which I don't have! They said someone who knows me must have posted it then. WHAT????? I want my information removed! I have provided them my address and every possible telephone number. They said they can only look up my resume by a credit card, (never gave them one), or an email address (never gave them one). What if I forgot my email address?(which I haven't), how would you look up my information then? Why can't you look up by my address or telephone number OR the URL that brings you to MY resume?? This is ridiculous!! It's MY INFO that I don't want on your website for the public to see!

**Update - Just got a private message from. REALLY?? Did they even read my complaint?
Anna B. [LiveCareer Rep]
May 18, 2016 9:49am
Subject: Hi Lori J.
Report as spam

We apologize that you had this experience with the service. May you please provide us with the email that you used to create your account or the account ID so we can provide you with further assistance on this manner? Looking forward to helping you achieve a timely resolution.

robertj141
5/16/16

We are currently challenging a total £92 taken off my wifes credit card over four payments We signed up as my son was 16 and looking for first job. The cv trial had a small charge but at no point is it mentioned the monthly payments of £23. My wife used her credit card but as this was for my son his email was used. After the initial payment my son had received an email which said Thank You. Unknown to us was it also contained details of the payments that would now be taken. We are challenging as the card holder was not informed, only the end user who at 16 would not be reading finer print. Currently have not received a reply to my complaint and request for refund. We will dispute through our credit card company. Stay clear of Live Career is the only advice i can give anyone

lg44
5/12/16

I went onto this site because it said that it offered FREE templates for resumes and cover letters. I took the time to fill in my information and ended up with a pretty good final product. This is where they got me... after the time and work I spent on the resume I found out that I actually had to pay to get a copy of the resume. I opted for the $1.95 on-time option so that my work wouldn't be worthless. I searched the agreement to make sure I wasn't signing up for something that I didn't want. There was no mention of membership fees where I signed up.
A couple weeks later, my CC company called me to ask if I had authorized a $39.00 charge for Live Career. They were questioning it because they have seen a lot of disputed charges from their other patrons and they assumed that it was not an authorized charge. Apparently, Live Career is on their list of fraud companies that frequently charge innocent customer's cards acknowledging that there will be those that just pay the charge without even looking at it.
I called Live Career twice to cancel the membership (that I did not sign up for) and finally on the second attempt I was able to get a confirmation email stating that the account had been cancelled...only after my card had been charged twice in less than two months. Luckily my CC was looking out for me.
Stay away from these people. Hard to believe that there are people out there that take advantage of people who are trying to better themselves, many out of work and trying to move forward.

patw106
5/12/16

I called and spoke with Hector at Live Career to cancel my subscription due to being laid off of work and not be able to pay the monthly fee. He gave me a cheaper price and I am able to stay. For $3.00 a month I feel good

Thank you Hector Carranza for being a big help!

dm336
5/12/16

Got onto this website as it stated it had free templates to work up your cover letter. After spending approximately an hour honing and editing my cover letter, I hit the next button and bam, there you go. The page where they want to charge you to print off the letter. You cannot manipulate it at all to save the work you've already completed. And only $1.95 for a 14-day access. So yes, I paid. I felt extorted to have to pay after spending that much time and wanting to get my job application in.

I immediately cancelled my subscription so I am hoping that they do not bill me again. I will update if so.

Bad way to do business. Don't offer anything for free, especially those vulnerable and looking for a job, and then pull a stunt and have us pay. Just awful.

jazminw2
5/11/16

This company is horrible. They portray to appreciate the business of customers but have horrible customer service and are a very shady business. If you type in Google Free resume builder LIVE CARE ER will pop up and you can just start creating a resume for free. NO WHERE ON THE PAGE WILL IT SAY U WILL HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING UNTIL YOU ARE FINISHED AND READY TO PRINT THEN THEY ASK YOU FOR MONEY.. you pay 1.95 for a trial period and they take money out of your account soon after (39.80) without any type of warning and will claim to you they sent you an email notifying you of the charge.. these people are liars..I called to cancel my subscription only to be harassed by the customer service associate asking me not to cancel..asking if I would mind paying 12 or 3 dollars a month for something I don't use.. multiple times I asked CHARLES to cancel my account but no he insisted on trying to get me to keep using their service. After he finally stopped he then gets an attitude and becomes very aggressive.. I just want my money back for a service that I am not using and wasn't aware of being charged to my card. I've been told that a request for a refund has been sent out but I see alot of reviewers claiming they weren't approved. I WILL BE REPORTING LIVE CAREER to the Better Business Bureau. . This needs to be shut down..they take your money and don't give it back!!
Please stay away from these guys they do not have good intentions and they aren't here to help you. .just steal from you.

stevea98
5/10/16

good service

nilufarm
5/10/16

I agree with what has beed discussed by others. The site states that you will be billed $1.95 for a 14 day trial. However, upon signing up I was charged 27.60 GBP Pounds immediately. Although the site does say the charges will recur at $9.95 weekly every four weeks they immediately charge the $39.80 and do not refund charges. If you can cancel at any time, the first charge should be refundable and only the initial $1.95 should be charged. This is a scam and not as advertised. No one should be charged $39.80 until AFTER four weeks have passed. I know that I was charged $39.80 before my initial 14 days even expired, never received and never received an email confirming my subscription or the original $39.80. I agree, this is definitely fraudulent billing.

miker176
5/9/16

Ok so I heard about this website from a co-worker of mine who told me that it only cost a $1.99 to build a resume. I thought that was a pretty good idea so I went on the website and built my resume. A month later after I built my resume, I noticed that I was charged $39.80 to my account from this company and I had no idea why. It turns out that apparently there is a reoccurring fee of $39.80 a month once you sign up for the website and use it to build a resume. If I knew this, of course I wouldn't have signed up for this website. Now who in the right mind would pay close to $40 a month to build a resume one time?? I confronted them about this and they tried to negotiate with me asking if I would rather pay $12 a month for this subscription and I was like NO.... then they asked if I would rather pay $3 a month for this and I still said NO. What kind of company is this? When you ask for your money back it takes 2 days for a refund request to go through. At first it didn't go through because they claimed that I requested it past the billing date. Obviously I requested it past the billing date because I noticed that I got charged??? After I noticed this they eventually reimbursed me my $39.80 and I was satisfied. But wait it gets better...

A month later after my subscription was already cancelled, I noticed on my bank statement that I was charged $39.80 again from this company. I was just like no f***ing way... So of course I complained to them about this again and wondering why i was charged $39.80 AGAIN after my account was already cancelled. So this is their reasoning for as to why I got charged again. They claim that I made 2 accounts with them using 2 different emails saying that one of my accounts was deactivated and that the other was still active. I know for a fact I only made one account. The other email that they used is the one that I put on resume not the one I used when signing up for this website. I could be wrong but I am assuming that this company duplicated my account and billing information after I cancelled the first time and used to make another account with the email I put on my resume that I built. Thinking that I wouldn't notice that I got charged again. Being the broke college student that I am, I just don't want anyone to go through this stress like I have gone through with this terrible company. So please just stay away from this company because I believe that they are up to no good.

renetap
5/6/16

I appreciate the professional service I received from George. He answered all my questions.

michellem168
5/3/16

I used this service as a trial and cancelled within the timeframe given....I was given the ok, "we hate to see you go, but will get this processed for you" back in 2015. Now here I am May 2016 and still being charged this ridiculous fee of $95.40--for a service that I have never used. I disputed it with my Credit Card company, but Live Careers sent info that I wanted the services? HOW is that? I cancelled--- last year. Now the CC company will resubmit the funds to them. OMG! Today, I spoke with a floor supervisor (Live Careers) that assured me that she would submit a request for cancellation dating back to 2015 and refund my money. RIP OFF! SCAM!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: They say "TRIAL PERIOD", you can CANCEL, DO NOT BELIEVE IT! IF you give them any info, they lock you in and steal from you every chance they get!

andreal51
5/3/16

I had great customer service with ResumeNow. They were very responsive and happy to help answer my questions. I would recommend there services. :)

hadig
5/3/16

they are scam artist they will steal your money i singed up for a month and they charged me 200 dollars in a period of one month please dont singe up

fff5
5/3/16

HORRIBLE SITE! I OPTED FOR THE ONE OFF PAYMENT NOW I VE DISCOVERED THEY HAVE BEEN CHARGING ME FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS> DISGUSTING

tylerc41
5/2/16

Super Helpful , and worked with me the whole time. Stay in contact letting me know what they were doing.

leahp15
4/30/16

Excellent fast and very efficient

christys23
4/27/16

I needed a quick resume/ cover letter for a summer teaching job. Found this site, read the details, and paid $1.95 to download what I needed. Went back the next day, cancelled, and 2 weeks later got hit with $39.80 + $1.19 fee. I called customer service. First they couldn't even locate the account with my name or email, but they sure found it with the last 4 of my card. I was told the subscription would be cancelled and a request for refund entered. Here is the email I received from their customer service department:

Thank you for contacting LiveCareer Customer Care.

We have received your request for a refund, but unfortunately we're unable to issue
refunds for transaction: 12905036 on April 22, 2016 for $39.80. We are unable to
process this refund due to the following reason: Requested refund after billing date.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Seriously!! I'm not going to be "understanding" about this and I sent a response saying so. I followed the rules, I cancelled, and they still charged my card. If I receive another email telling me that they will not refund the money, I'm (a) going to the BBB and lodging a complaint, (b) contacting my bank and filing a fraudulent charge case, and (c) contacting the Attorney General and filing a complaint with them as well.

The response to my less than congenial reply:

Thank you for contacting LiveCareer US Customer Care.

We are more than willing to assist you. Allow me to submit an escalation to the
corresponding department, where your request will be reviewed and a response will
be provided within the next 2 business days.

If you have any questions or concerns, simply reply to this email or give us a call at
800-652-8430.

Monday - Friday 8 AM to 8 PM CST
Saturday 8 AM to 5 PM CST
Sunday 10 AM to 6PM CST

LiveCareer US Customer Care

On Wed, 27 Apr at 1:53 PM , wrote:
BBB, trigger word. cx requested for a refund. adv request needs to be submitted to
Refunds Line Division for the Refunds Line Division to approve or not refund.

Pay attention to the line above. I don't know if that was intended to be seen or not, but it was attached to the bottom of the email.

The product was decent, but their way of doing business is very underhanded and shady. Fortunately, I'm on top of my bank account and caught this before multiple charges occurred. Unfortunately, I was not aware that $40.99 was going to be drafted and just before payday. This cost me 2 overdraft fees at a rate of $32.50 apiece. Find your resume elsewhere because they are not worth it.

tinae15
4/27/16

Absolutely a scam.

I work in the web industry. I read the terms and conditions of LiveCareer and totally understand the principle of recurring charges for a subscription. LiveCareer states that you can only delete your account once your subscription expires. Sure. So I set up a reminder on my calendar to log in to delete my account once my subscription expires on April 26, 2016.

April 26 rolls around and I log in. No option to cancel or delete anything. Weird, because right there on the page it says my subscription is set to expire April 26. I log out and try again the next morning, this morning, April 27. Now, the subscription pages says that my subscription expires April 27. Seems that they are dynamically changing the date so that your subscription never actually expires and you won't ever be able to delete you account.

After a hugely frustrating live chat where the agent asked me several questions about my account and billing information that they should have been able to see if they were in my account, I was promised a refund of $9 for the past three months that I was charged (Jan. - March, 2016). I was also told my subscription expired in Oct. of 2015. He couldn't explain why I was continuously charged for the 5 months since; or why I have never been able to delete my account or cancel my subscription. Once I was finally assured that my account and subscription was deleted I asked if I was going to be charged again. The only thing the agent could tell me was "not likely."

I also spoke with another agent on the phone shortly after my live chat, who assured me again that my card will not be charged again. We'll see.

LiveCareer's business practices are unscrupulous. Their account and subscription settings on their website are illogical and illegal. Their customer service is mostly useless. They are making their money off of illegal, sneaky withdrawals from the bank accounts of vulnerable people who are searching for work.

I don't want the refund and I don't expect to ever see it. I want this business to be shut down.

Tip for consumers: Don't be tempted to sign up for LiveCareer. You're in for a world of frustration and lost money. You're better off Google searching for resume templates and examples, believe me.

reauxb
4/26/16

The person that actually wrote my resume was great, she did a fantastic job. I later realized that liveCareer had been deducting money out of my account for 3 months. When I called they were more than happy to cancel my contract, Oh! this must be the one that I never agreed to, but the real frustration comes when trying to get the money credited back to my account. The person you are speaking to can not transfer you to anyone, not the billing, not a supervisor, no one, but what they can do is send a request to the billing dept. and billing will respond to you with an email that you never receive. I will now go to my financial institution to deal with the financial concerns and then the BBB to deal with the poor business practice.

nickb86
4/26/16

I was on the fence whether to go with this service as there was an equal amount of 5 stars reviews as there were 1 star reviews. I was desperate so I paid for a CV and Cover letter. After two weeks of silence I sent them an email and got a response saying that my CV had been assigned to 'a top CV writer' (yeah right) and they will be in contact shortly. It has now been a month since they took my payment and I am yet to get anything for it.

I am desperate for a job and I naivley thought that Cvnow would help me but I alas it is a sham. I have spent this time working on my CV, passing it around firends and family and got some great tips and it hopefuly won't be too long before I can find employment.

Be warned: PURCHASES ARE NON REFUNDABLE. As frustrating as it is that I have been robbed there is nothing that I can do about it.

francp
4/25/16

Despicable, Dishonest, unlawful business practice BIG FRAUD!!!

kathleenc43
4/22/16

I google searched free resume builder and Resume-Now.com came up. Spent much time creating resume before finding that yes you can make it for free but not print it without paying for it so I paid the $1.95 why not. I also read the fine print which stated I would get charged the $39+ fee after 14 days. So I set a reminder on my phone for 12 days to cancel subscription which I did online and was told my subscription was cancelled. A week later I see a charge to my bank for the $39+ which also caused me to get an overdraft fee of $35 as I was not expecting a charge and was short the funds in my account. I then called customer service and was told they could not find a record of my online cancellation (sounds like a pattern after what I am seeing here) but as a courtesy they will refund my money and I should get an email confirming this. WELL I got the email telling me they are NOT refunding my money because the request was made after the trial membership ended. This is a dirty business practice and I will be registering a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I am sure there are much more reputable companies that provide this service. For what I paid ($75) I could have just paid someone to make it for me without using my paper,ink, and time! Don't bother with this one!
UPDATE: I filed a complaint with the BBB. Turns out this company has 684 complaints the majority of which are the same problem I experienced with this company. Seems this is how this company operates!
UPDATE: After being contacted by Anna and taking no responsibility for their error I was refunded the 39.80 fee but not the 35.00 overdraft fee that I incurred as a result. Their stance is that they were issuing this refund as a courtesy, and that I did not cancel during the trial period. As I stated I did cancel through my settings on their website and was taken to a confirmation screen but never sent a confirmation email and they had no record of my cancellation when I called to dispute the validity of the charge. This is a recurring problem from everything I have read about this company. Had I not been charged the monthly fee after the 1.95 trial period I would have been satisfied with the service provided by Resume-Now. But knowing what I do now and being out 36.95 for ONE resume I still can't say I would recommend them. The product provided was as expected. The problem is with what I would call shady billing practices, and if it's not intentional that it is ridiculously incompetent. Either way I can't in good faith recommend using this company.

ceciliab12
4/22/16

This site was helpful for making my resume. However, the initial small charges for things like downloading your resume should have tipped me off to how dirty this company is with charging people. Yes, before I paid I was warned that my subscription would renew for $39.80 after two weeks, and I received an email after payment saying the same, but I never got an email before I was charged again. How tricky is that?? I have purchased many subscriptions online, whether through Amazon or beauty subscriptions, The Honest Company, and others, and they ALWAYS sent an email before charging my card.

I will never use this site again. Avoid unless you plan on deleting your subscription immediately after printing your resume out.

heatherr49
4/21/16

In a new state and situation I could not get my resume to print. As a last shot I pulled up the sight I used to make the document and could not sign in. I saw the chat option and presented my problem. Benjamin responded to my situation and within seconds I had my resume sent to me in the format I needed. this sight is a blessing for those who have used it for making their resume. Thank you Benjamin and livecareer!! Also setting up my resume was user friendly.

janl42
4/20/16

THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM. THEY ONLY ADVISE YOU OF THE 14 DAY TRIAL THEN CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT $39 AND THEN THEY CHARGED ME ANOTHER FEE WITHOUT MY CONSENT. I TRIED CHATTING WITH A REP AND THEY WERE OF NO HELP AND RUDE. PROBABLY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT, ITS NOT EVEN WORTH IT.

elizabethc141
4/19/16

I have used LiveCareer in the past on a trial basis and didn't renew because of cost. I have read many reviews that generally cry out against the renew policy and general 'money taken' without permission issues. I think the company should send an email at least a day or two in advance of the automatic renewal and perhaps OFFER customers upgrades rather than relying on the forgetful nature we humans have of canceling subscriptions to garnish profits. Yes, I know this is how the monies are made, however for the integrity of the company and all it stands for, there has to be a better way to retain customers and creating a win-win situation. Thank goodness I was able to chat with Alejandra and assisted otherwise mine would have been another bitter review for LiveCareer.

carlenan
4/19/16

I used the service and it was great! I was able to whip up a resume in a very short period of time. I decided to cancel the service and customer service (Benjamin) was great. He offered to review my resume and offered an enhanced package. Overall I was very happy with LiveCareer.

39 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4/10/16
Answer
dougj2
A: Hello Anthony B. We are sorry that you had this experience while using our service. We are very committed in providing great customer service. Please contact us at our toll-free number 888-816-0576 so we can assist you in a direct and secure manner. Looking forward to assist you in reaching a timely resolution.

Best Regards,
LiveCareer.
4/11/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
4/7/16
Answer
dougj2
A: Hello Sandra G. We do offer several ways to cancel without any further charges. You can contact us via phone at our toll-free number 888-816-0576. Also, you can contact us via email at customerservice@livecareer.com. We offer other methods of cancellation as well such as LiveChat and also self-cancellation within your account settings.
4/7/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other customers.

3 Photos for LiveCareer