US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 172 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 117 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 52 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ryanm85
10/27/15

found their format useable- went in and created a draft and saved it with e mail address and password. came back in the next day to review it and subscribe and couldn't access the draft. ?Sent repeated request with no success for them to contact me.

If i get this type of non service trying to subscribe,what kind of service can i expect later on?

erinj15
10/26/15

I signed up to create one cover letter last February. I thought the service was free, or at most a few dollars... to make ONE cover letter. I just today realized that this site has taken $40 from me each month for the past 11 months.... (I have a lot of payments coming in and out of this account all the time so it was easy to miss). $440 later and I had NO idea that I had signed up for a monthly service, I never would have agreed to pay $40 per month for a service that I needed only one time. Total scam, do not use this website unless you want to lose some of your hard-earned cash like I did. I also did not receive any receipts or email reminders (maybe they went straight to junk mail?) or anything like that. I had one email from when I first signed up, telling me about my "free" account.

rowenak3
10/26/15

Do not use this website. I have paid a monthly subscription fee and every time I go to use the website to build a resume, they ask for another payment before I can download it. Several emails trying to rectify and I am still getting the run around. I have missed job opportunities because of this. Do not use this site.

rk59
10/21/15

All the reviews were accurate and dead on. In my case, I received confirmation for canceling but was still charged numerous times afterward. Dealing with the customer service is no fun.....
Now they want me to resend the cancellation email they sent me back in June claiming they will have to 'escalate' to get the department that does auto confirmations to verify because customer service has no idea when mails are sent.

rachellef9
10/21/15

I'm appalled that this company could be so unethical in stealing from me. I have messaged them several times to cancel payments. Cancelled my membership and an still getting money stolen out of my account. It's cost me hundreds. I signed up for a couple of dollars. They then took my information and started helping themselves to my account. I have little mouths to feed. Have now called up my bank to dispute it. And am inconveniently getting a new card to put a stop to this once and for all. Disgusted.

johnm581
10/16/15

Paid 1.95 to print out my resume, did not sign up for a subscription. 5 months later notice they have taken over 200 dollars in recurring charges. Company is based out of San Francisco and preys on its bait and switch tactics. I feel robbed and angry. To their customer service, please don't comment on this review with your fake sincerity regarding your practices, if you cared their would not be nearly 600 one star reviews regarding your site. The CEO of this company is James Freundlich from New York, he has made millions from us suckers. This company actually has a manual for dealing with customers who feel they have been scammed. Do a search , you will find it.

Tip for consumers: James Freundlich is the thief who stole your money.

shirleyj19
10/16/15

I just recently discovered that I was being charged for something I did not agree to since April 2015. along with many other customers you've been able to scam, I , too, wanted the $1 trial with no obligation. Instead I find that it has cost me over $200 to try this $1 service. And yes you may have emailed me the $1 charge confirmation, but not the $39.80 you were actually going to charge. Very Sneaky!!! I would like to have all my money back. You can check your files to see that I have not used any of your services since the initial trial. Over 500 bad reviews with the same scenario??? Not a good business at all, well, good at scamming. Not a reputable business is what I mean.

juniorm20
10/16/15

Luckily I caught these thiefs when they charged me today for 39.80$ I was in a rush to fill out an application for Frito Lay so I bought there 1$ resume about a month ago. Being confused by there words I thought I could trust the site but apparently I was wrong all I wanted was there 1$ deal and be done with them but they charge you without consent. This resulted in me calling my bank. they ripped my card and i will be refunded the money.. your site will soon be seen by prosecutors and the site will be down for fraud soon enough. dont deal with these $#*!s just head straight to your bank and youll win against them!!

elizabethd63
10/15/15

I signed up and when I was done using the service I contacted them to cancel my subscription. I keep getting notices that a ticket has been opened in my name and then I hear nothing. None of my emails have been answered. I have been charged for 3 months after I first asked to cancel. I'm getting tired of this. Sent another email again because as usual there are no people available to talk to which is the same thing I get every time I try to contact them.

kyler34
10/14/15

Original paid for the 14 days in order to prepare for a job search. Then noticed that $40 dollars was taken out. 40 FREAKING DOLLARS! Why would anyone agree to pay that much for a service that you will you use maybe twice a year. Will not use this service in the future and will not recommend to anyone else.

UPDATE: Also, to add insult to injury, when i went to cancel my subscription they tired offering my a year subscription for what they are charging me a month! This service is a total scam

Tip for consumers: DONT USE

alysonp
10/14/15

I needed a resume quickly so I agreed to pay the $1.95 on my boyfriends credit card (with his permission). It's been 2 months and he is currently being charged $55 a month due to my lack of knowledge that this is a scam and I did not agree to pay for this monthly. I am currently trying to cancel my account. I have emailed many times but have yet to get a response. Now when I try to deactivate it myself, it tells me "You currently have an expiring subscription" and it will not let me deactivate. I plan to call and make it very clear that I will no longer pay for this terrible scam. If anyone can offer me advice in this area then I will gladly accept it.

melaniec23
10/13/15

I would like to cancel my substitution as I have been employed for over 6 months now.

victiml
10/13/15

This peoples has strangest terms,conditions and worst policies when stealing your money without your authorization. i have been a victim of this and they added me to automatic subscription and took the money without even a single notification not even a billing email. stay away dear job seekers.

lorrainek5
10/7/15

I have just realised that I too have been scammed by this despicable company. One of my kids must have used them in January and paid with my card. I see the original transactions for £1.95 and 95 pence, followed by a regular £22.95 deduction every month since. I don't check my entire bank statement regularly which is how this deception has been overlooked. However, I shall be on the case with much alacrity and venom, first thing in the morning. Judging by all the reviews I have since read, they should be closed down or at the very least, investigated...................might contact one of the television programmes who indulge in this type of investigation. Rip Off Britain might well be interested!!!!!

rossd17
10/6/15

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. They will charge you for a service you don't even sign up for. There are free resources out there that are better than this website, which I used but somehow got scammed by this company. Their business model is to scam people and provide terrible service. I would not even have given them one star if I did have to

sarahr75
10/6/15

I do not ever recall authorizing payments from them. 10 months later I look on my statement and I have been being charged 54 dollars a month for 10 months! I called and they just stated I agreed to the terms. You will not receive any updates, invoices or future emails so it is extremely easy to be taken advantage of until the next time you question your statement. NEVER EVEN THINK OF USING THIS COMPANY! I'm out almost 600 dollars because of them. Bravo livecareer, bravo.

jk96
10/5/15

Nobody has helped to do my resume, so why should anybody take money from my account? THEFT!

janec64
10/5/15

The site has a good idea behind it but it is completely misleading, just another company taking advantage of people who are down on their luck and trying to do better.

emmam55
10/2/15

Absolutely terrible company, at 1st they charge you to print of your cv which is only a £1. The CV was awful not very professional I would not hand it to a potential employer. Then they charge me twice totalling in £50 for nothing, which they have taken from my account, without any notice or even a receipt so I know where the money had gone. DO NOT USE.

joneh3
10/2/15

Very disappointing. I wasted a lot of time building a resume on this site, only to find that it was not cleanly editable in Word and that what you see on the screen is not what prints out. Also, order of education was randomly changed when I logged out.

On-line help was useless. Phone CSRs tried, but they could not overcome the systems failings

Don't spend time or money on this one!

ievgeniis
10/1/15

This service intentinally mislead and confuse customers - I only wanted to buy one CV, but was charged several months for NOT using thei srvice: no notifications, no updates, no invoices.

If you are buying a CV at one of their products you will be automatically charged for a subscription $38/month, but there is not a sign anywhere saying this. They only say this in one email, but make it in the very end of the letter.

And they make it intentinally because:

- Not a word about subscription and its price when you buy just one CV

- They include information about subscription only in one email (when you buy one CV in the very end of the email they say: "As a reminder, to avoid any disruption in your job search, your subscription will automatically renew each month beginning on 08/06/2015 at 23.80 per month". But they say - "Order amount: £2.95" I am not a native Englisj speaker and I could not understand what do they mean saying at 23.80 per month.

Overall the service brings no real service - just scam and fraud

Update: Anna B. says "We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience." But everyone must undertand that they are not - all their product is about making you subscribing to their (service - I wonder, can we call this service att all?) without understanding what is happening. Their product and their business model is SCAM.

There should be a class suit against this company with the demand of refund and changes to be made in their product or its complete shutdown.

Tip for consumers: Don't even try it

adan104
9/30/15

Be aware of cancelling their service right away - as soon as the first dollar was charged from your credit card. Later their charge $39 monthly for nothing!!!!

marcyl2
9/28/15

They do not tell you until your template is complete that you must pay to print or download a word or PDF. All you get for free is a plain text document. Beware!

kims107
9/28/15

The formats and user friendly prompts on this site were easy to navigate and made it very simple to create a professionally formatted resume and cover letter in far less time then it would have taken me independently. Also very affordable and I really like knowing there is 24/7 online support available for any questions. This will be my go to site for any future resume and cover letters. Thank you.

breeg
9/28/15

Horrible site ! If you want to be charged multiple times and if you want the price to continue to rise and be completely unaware of it than go ahead and use this site! I was tricked I to thinking I was paying a one time payment of 1.95 to try it out and was charged an additional 60 dollars.. Spent an hour with customer service and never got my money back .. Going to try and file a dispute! This is such a scam and waste of time .. I never right reviews but wanted to aware people on this site !

edithb19
9/27/15

Good resume assistance, false advertising from free to so much a month,

leanns1
9/25/15

Whatever you do, do not use this site! !!! They tell you its a "free" trial and then charge you $32 when it says clearly on their site that the subscription is $ 7.99 . Tried to discuss this with them and they shut me down and kept the charges. Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karenb150
9/25/15

Live chat is great agent was really helpful and resolved my issue very quickly. Super customer service.

rachelk25
9/24/15

It was very easy to use the resume template!

brucew37
9/21/15

Recently noticed charges on a credit card I almost never use dating back 10 months for this company I barely recall. It was not clear (in spite of customer service rep I talked to) that this was auto-renew. Customer Service basically said: screw you. Taking it up with the CC company as only recourse. Can't wait to have the Anna B. bot tell me how sorry she is for my experience. In spite of what she'll say, I never authorized auto-renewal. Stay away from this scam!

lakshmin
9/19/15

i want to join mturk, can explain the process of this company,
is it works in india or not
justnow i signedup
is it work practically in india?

auroram1
9/18/15

They do state that you have to cancel your subscription or you will be charged monthly. I ended up deleting my account instead of unsubscribing. It was definitely misleading and confusing. HOWEVER, they were quick to fix the problem and refund my money. I appreciate good, quick customer service. The resumes do look really good, but also keep in mind: it's free to design, but not to print or download. This company has definitely been stepping it up.

jerryt30
9/17/15

Ms "anna.b@livecareer.com", listen to this, as this is just a follow-up from my first review. Quite despicable to know that after reviewing more than a dozen of complaints, your company has not been able to curb the pattern to trick your unsuspecting customers. Why did you not redesign the online auto-renewal system so that your clients will not be trapped again to the the same, sorry to say this, scam? Wake up people!

My remaining effort now is to retrieve the money you took from my account. Period!

maham107
9/16/15

Bad

jacksonp7
9/16/15

My wife mistakenly forgot to cancel the auto renew subscription after signing up for the service. I get it. But she has now called to cancel 3 times yet the charges keep rolling in every month. She is about to lose her mind. I just emailed anna.b who has responded to the various comments on SiteJabber. We'll see if she takes action. Stay tuned

polinak
9/14/15

Unlike many other users, I had no problems at all with this company. You can build your resume for free, there are a lot of nice templates and pre-made descriptions for all kinds of industries, so it really helps you to get more ideas of what to write and how to put it nicely. You have to pay to download this resume, and they clearly state everywhere that you are given 2 weeks free subscription and will be charged later on, unless you cancel the subscription. The day before the free trial expired, I went in to my profile on the website, and clicked to cancel the subscription. As a bonus, they offered me another month free, but I didn't need it anymore, so I proceeded with cancellation. And that was it. I wasn't charged and didn't have to do anything else...Very easy, if you know how to read. No idea why people had so much problems with this site. I think it's a great service and I will recommend it.

leem54
9/14/15

Horrible customer service! Very illiterate people and very rude and condescending. They are sneaky and will give hidden charges despite the monthly charges.

vall24
9/13/15

quick, perfect, proficient

passingt
9/13/15

HELLO trusting consumer!!
There are reviews out there that boast on about how great this company is..and maybe for some paying through the nose for something they could have purchased good software for makes sense.
This company lures you in on a trial and will nail you for 39.80 the second your trial is over and WILL NOT .. I REPEAT.. WILL NOT give you a cent of your money back!

The software rated online as highest out of 10 costs less than one month of this service and you own it!! You can share it with family and friends and make and change your resume endlessly..

Do yourself a favor and avoid this RIP OFF site unless you're made of money it's not worth a penny beyond the free trial!

----------------------------
REGARDING THE COMPANY REPLY

There is NO SUCH area on "Accounts" to change anything.. there is NOTHING on your account settings that even shows the payment when it came out, what card it's coming from. NO SUCH OPTION EXISTS. Live Chat tells you to call.. calling tells you all the same lies she states below and acknowledges nothing and keeps your money!

In fact, I was put on hold for almost 10 minutes on the phone call JUST for the person to find out what credit card it was being charged to! She came back saying that information has to be looked up by a supervisor.. IN OTHER WORDS.. THE TYPICAL CALL CENTER JERK AROUND SO YOU'LL HANG UP.. GIVE UP AND NOTHING ABOUT CANCELLING IS EASY.. THERE IS NO BILLING SECTION ON YOUR ACCOUNT SHOWING PAYMENTS AND THEY DO NOT.. DO NOT EMAIL YOU ONCE A PAYMENT COMES OUT.
The copy pasted replies to my post are lies and it's very unfortunate they try to operate this way -- stealing peoples money!!

devaravajjalav
9/11/15

got the info which i required..:)

jenicew
9/10/15

Paid the initial $1.27 and then cancelled my account during the 14 day trial period. Was still billed $53.44 the following month. 2 live chats and 1 phone call later they say they can't reimburse the charge as I "deleted" my account not "cancelled" my account. Brutal!

UPDATE: 2 more live chats (had one person not even respond to me after they introduced themselves??) and then I contacted my credit card company. The fraudulent claims person contacted live career and they told the credit card person that I had cancelled on the 14th day and it had to be BEFORE the 14th day but they would reimburse me. 4 days later I had a $51.00 reimbursement from live career....summary....not worth the hassle.

jonathans56
9/9/15

They lure you in with a super cheap 14 day trial and then charge you a bunch of fees after the 14 days is over, I had to get a new debit card because of this.

briannen
9/9/15

I have recently deleted my account and upon that there wasn't anything stating that the subscription would still be running. Because I'm from Canada it took $54 out of my account! I called to get it back and nothing. I asked to talk to a manager and I was told no they will tell you exactly what I said to you. The lady I talked to was very rude and kept cutting me off and was talking to me like I was an idiot.
I want a refund back of all my money.
The lady told me that she had "great" news that she can refund me only 29.00 back to me. That is nothing and will not help or make the situation better. I am very angry and will never use this site again. And from reading some of the comments on this I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.
I have reported live career to my bank and will be contacting the bbb.

michaelp163
9/8/15

Terrible service, with a reoccurring charge scam to boot.

feliciam10
9/8/15

The service was great! Very helpful, many suggestions and templates. However when it came time to cancel my subscription I felt ignored. Conveniently the "my settings" page to cancel was always down. I emailed twice in a span of two weeks and got no response. I had to resort to live help and she was very nice. I don't like how tricky it is. If I didn't stay on this they would have charged my account again. I'm not pleased.

suzyf
9/7/15

I had signed up with Live Career to get some help on updating my resume. This site made it so much easier to get all my ducks in a row! They give you tips on what to write and what not to write. I will be referring them to my family and friends in need!

triciat4
9/7/15

I used this site to help write a resignation letter. IIt was also useful in updating my resume and cover letter, and start a new job withing one week of updating my resume.

paulm219
9/6/15

I too fell for the $2.95 resume, seemed like a good deal. It was not made clear that an auto renewal would be applied after 14 days and I actually cancelled my subscription immediately after generating resume. Just downloaded a few months worth of CC statements and kept seeing the repeated charge from Live Career. I contacted them and they said they would only chargeback pro-rated amount of current month, they had billed me for 8 months without a single invoice telling me of the charges. No email, not hard copy, nada! Disgusting, underhanded scam tactics by a completely unscrupulous company. AVOID THIS OUTFIT LIKE EBOLA!!!!! I will be filing a chargeback for all but the initial charge of $2.95 through my credit card company and I will be reporting to the BBB.

To Anne B., who is replying to all of the negative reviews...
how do you sleep at night knowing your job is to defend an indefensible company who exists by ripping off unemployed people using dirty underhanded tactics and a wall of indifference?

traceyj10
9/4/15

While my resume was fine, however; the site makes it intentionally confusing to cancel your account. This way they can "technically" charge you the 40 dollar subscription fee. As evidence by the responses I received when I contacted customer service, and also the responses to complaints filed here by others. I do not like being manipulated or duped by unethical companies. I would highly suggest another provider for this type of service. Any site can provide templates, try some other site that won't try to ripped you off.

benaa
9/3/15

The site helped me create my best resume because it has good templates and it provides guidance on how to word the resume. A problem I had was that the site was terribly slow! The webpage froze often and this was a huge inconvenience. Worst, sections kept jumping around and I had to keep using the up and down button in "manage sections" to correct the problem. Also, sections of resume kept disappearing completely and I had to continually rewrite the section. It was a nightmare! It took me so many hours to create a resume that should have taken less time.

If the problems I mentioned are corrected, the site will be great.

26 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
dougj2
A: Hello Pranay P, I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Please send me the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that used to purchase and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you.
Thank you in advance.
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Answer
dougj2
A: Greetings Praveen C, please send us a private message with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that used to purchase and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Photos for LiveCareer