US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 93 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 53 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 22 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

erinw20
2/3/15

It was very easy to use and customer service was very helpful! But my only complaint was no forewarning on the $40 bill i received after using the site once.

shawnad3
2/3/15

This is an amazing site that helps you build a professional looking resume with such ease. I would highly recommend for any one that wants to be hired to make your resume here....

godlivesu
2/3/15

Awesome! Easy to use and helpful suggestions on the side :)
I enjoyed it.
Thank you!!!

brookew5
2/2/15

I created an account to make a resume without any information that I would ever be charged if I did the free trial. Without my permission, my account updated to premium and charged me over $400. This was never mentioned in the terms of agreement (which, yes, I read). A FREE TRIAL account should remain FREE until cancelled, which I did. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. IT'S A SCAM

joys22
2/1/15

The web site was very easy to use to make a quick and easy resumes. Thank you!

hooic
1/31/15

This company is ridiculous, a recurring charge of $39.80 to my credit card for 5 months. Contact their customer service, would only refund the latest charge.
The worst part is I did not even receive cover letter, resume from their company, this is a FRAUD, Stay away, do not sign on their website.

heatherg19

Good.

dougc29
1/30/15

They are deceptive in there billing practices! When I realized I was being charged( 5 months) $39 a month for a one time use I called to complain and they were unwilling to remove any charges.

Tip for consumers: buyer beware!!

jimmyr24
1/30/15

The service was extremely helpful and intuitive! I got the job with having no experience in résumé writing. Thank you.

albertn9
1/30/15

It is easy to use and gives many options to use

freddya3
1/30/15

I never had a good experience such I had with live career.their web site was a great help form on finding job proceeds

kaitlink1

great

roberto286
1/30/15

Excellent, good tools, got a job

angelt9
1/29/15

Great website & easy to follow!

mellissad
1/29/15

It was my first time doing a resume and you made it easy for me to do. So thank you very much.

alexisc25
1/29/15

Horrible ! At first they charged me only $1.95 to my account then later charged me $35.80. When I called to cancel my account and dispute the charge I was put on hold for almost 20 minutes. And still after that the charge or account didn't go away.

tequilap
1/26/15

I was looking to re-enter the workforce and revamp my resume to become more appealing to the current job market. LiveCareer really helped me successfully update my resume and cover letter with suggestive details and insightful examples. The templates were plentiful and awesome. My resume and cover letter turned out great, looked even more professional...and I was able to get 3 job interviews because of it! Only issue I had was trying to get a membership online; I tried several times and my membership did not activate on-line. Had to eventually call a representative on the phone to actually start my membership. Nevertheless, overall great experience with LiveCareer.

lancew5
1/26/15

BEWARE! I've asked them to cancel my account and was still charged this month. I haven't gotten anything resolved. I've called and been on hold for so long that I've had to hang up.

Tip for consumers: Just don't sign up. It's not worth the hassle. 34.95 a month plus tax is a lot of money to be charged every month for nothing. I'm still waiting to get my problem resolved.

brianc74
1/25/15

Awesome resume templates. Excellent customer service to boot.
Way to go team!!

annar49
1/24/15

My experince was great keep on doing what you are doing thank you for your support

jeanies1
1/23/15

Great.

patrickm85
1/23/15

This site was very easy to navigate. I created a beautiful resume and when I gave it to my current employer they even remarked how professional it was. It was easy to make changes and amendments, as I would finish one section and then realize I wanted to add something to a different section. I would highly recommend this site to anyone looking to update or create a resume.

mistym5
1/22/15

I had a great experience. The resume got me a job. They were very polite and cancelled after the initial trial period.

Tip for consumers: very good resumes

nancyr37
1/22/15

I'd like to Thank Aris who was very helpful, kind and patient with me...she helped clean up my pending resume and I couldn't have done a better job...Thank You Aris!

Sincerely,

Nancy Ritchie

jonathanc41
1/20/15

Great service and easy to use! I was surprised to receive job postings in my mailbox which allow me to not miss any opportunities. I recommend this service to anyone who is looking to elevate or seeking a new career.

autumnp
1/20/15

Quick and easy and the trail subscription is perfect for starting your resume.

rinad
1/19/15

I loved the way it was set up.. It was so easy to plug in things from the side suggested colum related to my carreer. Multiple template availabe and easy to navigate them. Also easy to download and print.

ryana16
1/18/15

I would strongly recommend that everyone avoid this site. What a scam! As mentioned numerous times, they lure you in with the "free" resume builder. You fill it out and then at the end are advised there is a $1.95 charge to download it! How is tha free? Clearly the site was designed that way purposefully. They assume that most people (at that point) will simply pay the $1.95 rather than have wasted their time and effort. Then they gouge you $39.95 a month FOR NOTHIING until you notice the charges! They claim that their "WELCOME SUCKER" email advises you of these ongoing charges (even if you never access the site again). That is an outright lie. Nowhere does it mention these charges, though it does use the word "FREE" a couple of times. I hope these scammers get shut down. How does anyone with a conscience even work for them? Too bad there is not a negative star rating system, I would give them a -5 stars. Crooks!

Tip for consumers: Avoid like plague

damienj1
1/18/15

excellant/performed as promised;easy to use site;would encourage others to try it,especially as they made it easy to cancel,and did not "pressure" to keep service.Will re-use if need to!

karis16
1/18/15

Was able to easily and quickly do my resume and CV. It looked great and was thorough. BTW- got my job too!

georgeg50
1/17/15

The initial service was very easy to use. It is not, however, worth the aggravation. I cancelled and received a confirmation in October 2014 that my account has been closed. My bank account was charged again in November, December and January. I have called customer service and they cannot locate an account.

marym161
1/17/15

Thought it was a free template. Didn't know I had to pay for it.
I did. then downloaded it. Sent it to my prospective job and it was not formatted properly. Really disappointed. Won't use this agsin

kennam1
1/16/15

Worked great for me! I got the job!

carcamos
1/16/15

thanks

ginab24
1/15/15

I found the format I was looking for in a resume and it was quick and easy to complete. Thanks for helping me get the job I was looking for.

jamesm226
1/15/15

Excellent, samples were very helpful in creating my resume

barryp11

Very good, thanks,

laurieh16
1/15/15

Very helpful format for resume. I was able to find a job within 2 weeks.

allisonc30
1/12/15

The live webinars were very helpful and the resume and cover letter builders were very easy to use. I got many compliments on how good my resume looked!

tonyw39
1/12/15

I liked the service but I know I've canceled twice now and the charges keep coming through, just canceled for a third time and will be saving my email to prove it cause I'm getting really tired of this.

alexs245
1/11/15

Quick easy way to get a nice looking resume in a short amount of time. Very helpful in getting it organized and having you look professional at your interview.

lowellr8
1/9/15

Quick, easy, affordable!!! I needed something fast and professional and this was the right choice for my needs. Thanks to LiveCareer, I'm looking good!!

jermainek7
1/8/15

Awful experience. Not only did I have to keep going back to modify the headers when formatting my resume but I received a call from my bank telling me that my card had been used in upstate NY while I was in Maryland. I never use the card for purchases and the one time I opted to use it to pay for this service I am rewarded with a hacked account and a charge of $170. I would never use or recommend this service to anyone.

rebeccar29
1/8/15

I love the resume templates made it very easy to put a resume and cover letter together looking very professional for a fraction of the price to pay a professional. I signed up to be a member and within 3 weeks I got a great new job. Thank you Live Career!!

taylorm56
1/4/15

I lost my job and a resume always looks good to have. I signed up to create my resume. I saw the few dollars for 7 days but NEVER saw almost FORTY dollars if I keep my account! I'm out of job and here people who claim to help are scamming you out of your money. This website isn't worth 40 dollars or anything close.
I NEED MY money back NOW

Tip for consumers: Don't unless you like being duped

josephb77
1/2/15

Great Service, great company, building my resume was fast, and easy, I will definitely recommend this company to friends and family who may need to use this service in the future.

edilbertod
1/2/15

i was charged after my subscription is cancelled and charged twice! talk to "jam" via chat and just dropped me of and closed the chat box. need a refund!

sent a complaint and they keep sending me this an autamated email! this is s scam! nit happy customer at all and charge me almost $100 in a month!

Your support ticket has been resolved. Please see the solution below:

Solution: [Jan 2 2015 11:40AM] : We'd be happy to address your inquiry, but we don't show an account for information that you have provided:

<b>Please reply to this email with the following details so that we can locate your account:</b> <p>
1. Email address for the account <p>
2. The last 4 digits of the credit used to purchase your subscription <p>
3. The full name on the credit card <p>

Or if you prefer, you can cancel your subscription online at any time by logging into your account using the Returning User Login in the top right corner of our homepage. Next, click <b>My Account > My Settings > Subscription.</b> You will see an option to cancel your subscription there.

angelam31
12/29/14

I built my resume on Thursday and had a job with a fortune 500 company on Tuesday of the next week. It was simple and easy to use.

parijatm
12/26/14

Didnt find the templates good. The cover letter is poor. I would rather pay some professionals to work on my resume. I had subscribed the trial. However seeing the quality of the site contents, I have cancelled the subscription so that it doesnt auto renew. f it does it will prove the allegations made by some members here. I will rather wait and watch and share with you my findings soon.

pierrej3
12/26/14

The web site live career have been a big asset for my pursuit to finding employment. It took me less than 2 weeks to find a job with live career services. I have recommended them to all of my family and friends.