US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 76 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 48 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 17 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lourdesz
9/26/14

Pleasant and easy to navigate

brandicer
9/26/14

I used this site and was under the impression that it was a 30 day trial as well and was taken by surprise to see almost $40 dollars taken from my bank account with not even an email with some notice or anything. due to the amount of reviews I've seen from just today this site should look into sending out perhaps a warning email to the one you provide when signing up. The site wasn't even too helpful for me I couldn't send the template of my email even after I had paid for the trial.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE OF THE CONFUSION OR YOU WILL BE $40 SHORT IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT

lorij13
9/26/14

I signed up for the free trial period, started a resume, due to possible career change. I ended up not leaving my job and then forgot about my account here. When I checked my credit card I saw the charge and that jolted my memory. Through my own fault, I forgot to cancel my account. I called the customer service agent and they very politely and professionally assisted me with canceling my account. She didn't pressure me into staying and understood my reasoning. I appreciate that.

Tip for consumers: If you sign up for free trial period, pay attention to the dates.

corrined1
9/26/14

It was very helpful in updating my resume.

johnd288
9/26/14

Live Career's resume builder was essential in helping me develop a curriculum vitae that supported my pursuit of a "c" suite executive level position in a global company. I was very pleased with the finished product and I love my new job!

latreceh
9/26/14

Very nice job. Makes resumes stand out.

angelaw29

Great I love this site

courtneyt12
9/26/14

Of course when my husband said it would only cost $2.00 to perfect his resume, I handed over my credit card without thinking.. man did we get fooled... After he found his job, and thought he cancelled his account.. I realized they had been charging me $40/ month for the past 2 months >:(

I really wish I had realized sooner... $80+ bucks is NOT worth the month it took him to find employment, and obviously we were still in debt after us both being unemployed for that month :(

On a side note, my husbands Resume turned out just as good as the one I made for myself from scratch using only Microsoft word, and common sense.

...Scumbags advertising "free Resume Building" Hah.

Tip for consumers: My advice would be to keep your credit card info far, far away from these soulless con-artists.

tamaram6

Wonderful and very helpful.. And very polite CS

barneyf8
9/26/14

It works; gives you many ways to get organized. I used it it was fast and effective.

jaimif
9/25/14

Excellent service! Thank you kindly.

marthas26

I was very pleased!

marvinw5
9/25/14

I had not worked for over a year and I used this site to put together my resume. Well the good news is that I received the job. Kudos to this wonderful site for providing excellent tools for the world to use and create great outcomes.

takiar
9/25/14

I highly recommend LiveCareer. Did my resume and got a higher position.

juliam31
9/25/14

excellent service, I was all around very pleased with this site!! I recommended it to many of my friends, and it helped me immensely! the live chat service was also very awesome!! ;)

jeraldh10
9/25/14

Excellent service and overall experience

judithm12
9/25/14

I absolutely loved working in the provided templates. I was even able to do resumes for several other people during the time that I had the account. Will consider re-enrolling if I am able to start up the resume business I have in mind.
Thank you again!

jimh65
9/24/14

I would have given LiveCareer a rating of two and a half stars due to the fact you advertised FREE like all the other bull*****r's and it ended up costing again.
However, I thought it was clever the way you let the customer build their resume, and now we (the customers) are looking at the finished product excited about the prospect of using this masterpiece, and then realize there is nothing we can do about it unless we PAY!!! Well done.
On the bright side, you gave me options (prices) that were fair.
You gave the option to cancel at anytime.
And last but not least, There was no high pressure sales pitch trying to keep me from canceling, in fact, I was impressed by the customer service rep, she seemed truly concerned on weather I had found a job using your services.
So based on the whole experience with LiveCareer I will have to give your company a rating of four stars.
Thank You for your services.

heathere7
9/24/14

This was a great experience with LiveCareer. Very user friendly and kind of fun to use!

tommyg20

DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

if you're not careful they will take 34.99 from you every month, and of course their "phones are currently down" and after waiting for live chat for almost an hour, no response. It happened to me, i'm a college student, so of course i don't have money to just throw around. but luckily i realized it right away and was only charged once.

not to mention, the title of the site is a lie, "free resume building". yeah sure, you can build it for free, but you have to pay to do anything with it afterwards.

most people use this site to make their resume quickly, find out after working on it for X amount of time that it costs 1.95 for a two week sub to even save it, pay for it, and probably never go back on it.

this is where they screw you.

34.99 a month is a scam in itself for resume formatting. two weeks for 1.95 turns out to be 34.99 every month until you realize they stole your money.

they know damn well most people aren't going to read through all the terms to find that if you don't cancel after two weeks that they will charge you, and they use this to their full advantage. how this site is still in operation is beyond me.

stop ripping people off, change the auto charging. if i wanted a monthly subscription i would have signed up for it. i want my money back.

Tip for consumers: cancel now.

jamesw134
9/22/14

Very easy to use and helpful for what I needed.

charlesh63
9/22/14

I just needed to cancel my subscription and Joan was very helpful to do that. The site helped me quickly produce a transcript for a new job I had already been given, but I needed an updated resume. The site was helpful, I just forgot to cancel my subscription immediately.

kathyk19
9/22/14

I have used Live Careers twice with great outcome both times. I would strongly recommend to anyone whom needs a good resume. They are also helpful with online support!!!! Two thumbs up!

christopherw27
9/20/14

This was a great help in assisting my wife and I to find and apply for position using the templates presented from site. I would suggest others use resume builders to land that dream job they are searching for. THANKS!!!!

garyf35
9/20/14

Excellent

lavondah
9/19/14

I would recommend this site to my Family and Friends. I have a son who is going through college right now and I will be recommending this site to him in the very near future. Thank you for your help. LiveCareer is so very easy to use and the help is in great detail.

bongos
9/18/14

Experience was Great, learned how to create a resume in no time.
Able to edit the resume for different job opportunities.
Best of all found a job in no time.

patriciab42
9/18/14

I am greatfull for the chance to use Live Career services and would recommend them to all and anyone.

dougm30
9/18/14

really help with writing a resume

toniam
9/18/14

Paid the money to have my resume printed, and the second draft of my resume never saved on the site. Contacted customer service and they said they could see it and canceled my request for help. After two times of doing this, I just cancelled my subscription. Poor customer service.

sabrinak
9/18/14

I like how the trial was free and you could explore different resume styles, and the website acted as a learning tool to help guide me in making a better resume

tiffanyi
9/17/14

Great

fernandom15
9/17/14

Was very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. Thank you for your service. I look forward to working with live career again.

reneed11
9/16/14

Great experience and definitely helped me

stephanien9
9/15/14

All of the customer service representatives were most helpful. Thank you

kz2
9/14/14

I want the money back!! I had no idea it was being taken out...in the army and have been away only to come back and find all this money missing...Livecareer my bank cant even find a contact number! Dont give your info!!

Tip for consumers: Dont do it

kirstent
9/14/14

EXTREMELY GOOD.
I love this website very very very good...
Only downfall is that it is quite expensive if it was only say $10 a month i would just keep it too keep my resume there.
The yearly subscription is value for money but i cant let go of $90 in one go just for a resume site anyway it helped me find a job
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!

tishal
9/13/14

My experience with LiveCareer was great. I was stuck trying to do my cover letter and this site really helped me along. I would recommend this site to anyone.

ronr23

1) Found it very helpful in writing my CV
2) As far as clarity in what is free, trial period and charges this site turned out to be another scam. "Treating Customers Fairly" means clarity, ensuring that the customer has clear information with regards to services provided, charges and cancellation.This site does not do this and it's advertising is very misleading (false advertising). I have been charged continuously for 5 moths in a row. When there have not been any funds in my account they have gone as far as repeatedly charging my account on different days untill they managed to take their "monthly subscription"
3)Subsequently cancelled this so called subscription however was unable to delete my details as it keeps saying my subscription will expire on 09/16. Having to consequently cancel my card as i have no confidence at all with when/if this will be actioned

yvonnea2
9/13/14

All I wanted to do is print a small resume but of course that was impossible without
"subscribing". The hook was "just pay $1.95". It then comes out that your account will be billed $30.80 every four weeks!! The real kicker is when you try to cancel.
Either the website is "down" at that particular time, or the phone is not working. I sent an email and no one ever got back to me. Finally, I got results with the "live chat". I would not recommend this site.

mariac42
9/13/14

It was very user friendly and to edit and change things around was a breeze. Definitely recommend using this site for cover letters and resumes.

kristenl7
9/13/14

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very EASY and FAST!!! Excellent Customer Service!!!

reginaf2
9/12/14

Many choices to choose from! Help along the way. And I had no problem cancelling my subscription when I was finished. Overall I had a great experience. Would use again and recommend others to use. Just make sure you cancel when you are finished to keep from getting more charges

juliep25
9/12/14

Great site

estellap
9/11/14

LiveCareer is an user-friendly website. their graphic organizers help you input your information in a professional manner

todda11
9/11/14

DEcent Templates for Resume, I was told my resume was very professional, thank You

nilliyahb
9/11/14

If it was possible this review would have negative -5 stars. This is the worst website ever I don't even know how this damn website got my information but I know one thing that it took 40 dollars that I did not have to give. And on top of that I looked up other websites to help build up your resume there are many better websites other than this $#*!ty one. They are only after one thing MONEY!

mollyp4
9/11/14

my rating is really a 0 , i thought i was using a free service and it turned out be a scam
i was charged each month of 35 dollars and over a dollar in foreign transaction fee
because i did not realize that you are automatically signed up for a fee each month
i will never recommend your service to anyone ,and it is not good business to charge people
for service not even rendered
also your disclaimers are very lengthy and for young people who are not aware of reading all your disclaimers and fine line prints, it is very confusing and not appropriate
i will never recommend your service to anyone or ever use it again
i have paid you over 400 dollars and never used your service beyond the first time
i used your service once mistakenly and then was billed every month for unused service
i was not aware this was happening until recently which was my fault since i did not understand
what bill was for

Tip for consumers: please do not use this website
it is a scam and very overpriced and you area automatically charged a monthly fee without your aware of it and cannot cancel easily
there is a fee for usage and monthly fee unless cancelled right away
so do not do it since you may forget to cancel it and they are hoping there are a lot of people who will be scamed with that clause
poor service and poor business dealings

jasonk38
9/10/14

Easy to use, does most of the work for you!

nickt32
9/9/14

This company is a scam. I signed up for the 14 day trial so I could complete one resume which was all I needed with no knowledge of the fact that they will automatically charge you $9.95 each week every 4 weeks after that 14 day trial without even contacting you to see if you want to continue the subscription. Which I did not. Now That this has been brought to my attention by my bank 9 months later and almost 360 dollars later I am pretty mad. I was never told or notified that I would be charged and this is outrageous. To make matters better I went on the website and signed in and tried to deactivate my account. It would not let me. A scam at it's best. I would very much like to get my money back or at least some part of it or I will take this further. This is a sad excuse for an apparent BBB accredited business.