US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 102 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 59 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 23 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

eliasb30
2/21/15

I stumbled upon this web site. You get to choose a template and then you are prompted with a series of fill in the blank statements. I found the process very easy for a computer illiterate like me. I can barely do more than read my email but I found the resume process very easy. I like the opportunity to proof read and correct my entries.

ryanr43
2/20/15

I was able to create a very professional looking resume and download it for a cheap fee. This was a super simple process and I would do it again in the future if needed.

terryj25

great

barbaran18
2/19/15

I had the best results using LiveCareer...I was able to cross match, got many ideas. Unbelievable results. Will pass your site on to others.

manuela36
2/19/15

easy to use website thanks guys for helping me with my resume

daneillec
2/19/15

With the assistance of this easy to use website, I produced a resume and cover letters that helped me obtain the position I interviewed for! Customer service has been very helpful and quickly responded to my inquiries. Highly recommend.

yanih
2/16/15

The website was very easy to use. My previous resume was uploaded quickly, and it was easy to modify. The best features about this site is that you have multiple templates to choose from and there is a diversity of content examples that will help your resume stand out.

kevine20
2/15/15

I suggest using another site, or simply asking a counselor or a family member to assist. Not only did I try once to delete my account (after I located my zip drive with my old resume) , but deleting my account came with no success. I was then charged $39.00 for what I'm not sure. The first charge was under $2.00 ,and rightfully so when you consider a resume is my info created by me about me. If this company asked me about myself then created a resume based on my recorded info THAT would be worth this ridiculous amount. Three days after I finished the online resume I pressed a deactivate account button and I now see that it didn't work. I thought this to be a grand idea , and a way to categorize my work history while searching for my missing resume in a flash drive, but this now feels like a scam for the unemployed. I too tried to do a live chat and sent an email, but no response has been received on my end. One thing they do not point out is that when you try to deactivate your account there are missing sections that you'll need to fill in(age, grad date, gender).. if you continue to press deactivate without doing so, it will not deactivate or tell you why. Not cool!

Tip for consumers: I don't see a reason for such a site if once you're in you can't get out. I'm sure that I am not the first person that made a choice to delete the account due to not needing it. Now I've paid over 40.00 for something I've not used.

tomf45
2/14/15

The resume process is okay. However, my account was overcharged. I was never able to get in touch with anyone to fix the error. Then I had numerous charges of less then a dollar show up one day. When I called them, I was never able to speak to anyone. I went online to the "live chat" feature. After 10 minutes a person asked how the could help. After I explained the situation to them the never responded again. Bogus company.

larryc40
2/14/15

Thanks to a support worker, Anna, did concede and returned 3 months of 6 months billings.
It is their policy to auto-bill,,,,soooo beware, and be warned. Also they are not a USA comp, they are UK, all billing is UK. Would I use again?? site was OK, worth the fees, NO. You can hire a professional writer for much less that 40$ a month. Always be aware of auto-billing. I will never again use a real CC, banks now issue refillable CC for internet use, I now know why. And the CC company's wont back you since they consider auto billing legitimate.
be Warned! I am thank full for the assistance of the person mentioned, but it should never have happened.

Tip for consumers: never use your real credit card for anything online! Use temp cards and maybe paypal

grantc22
2/14/15

It was an learning experience with options.

luizaw
2/13/15

Awesome ;)

maryj81
2/12/15

Very easy to work with. Will definitely recommend to friends.

waynorm
2/12/15

Im gratefull for the way my Resume was done, even Im that one who put it together choosing from your site, was a success... Thank you very much

marciah9
2/12/15

I had a great experience on this site. The software was very helpful in guiding me to create an appealing resume and the phone customer service was super easy. I will use it again and recommend to others.
Suggestions: The Live Chat was not useful --waited 5 minutes but no one ever showed up. It would be nice to have a tab function within the the resume sections. I wanted to line up some things down several lines of test and had to do it by pushing the space bar. which wasn't very effective because the spacing is different while working in the program than when it actually prints up.

richardb136
2/12/15

easy to use. gave good examples for me to use

carlap14
2/12/15

I was preparing two different resumes.This is a great site. Very easy to walk through. The only problem was I had to wait to begin the second resume because the option wasn't offered to begin a new one for a different person. Also upon trying to cancel the subscription I had to call in because the site just kept offering more things to buy. The ease of using this site is wonderful. I will be back and I will recommend your site to family and friends.

joyv1
2/12/15

I only used the resume feature, but had a great experience. I liked the different templates, although moving the order of job experiences around was problematic - I couldn't do it! Regardless, I have a job now in spite of it. Thank you.

dianef20
2/11/15

It was very easy and beneficial to type my resume with LiveCareer. I was offered a job within a week.

bridgets8
2/10/15

I used this service to write my resume and although I am pleased with the final product, the customer service is absolutely terrible. They do not answer their emails, if you call you will be put on a loop and they will not pick up. I have attempted several times to delete my account and they will not allow me to do so despite the fact that my subscription has expire. S C A M

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE IT

frankg53
2/9/15

easy and simplified , perfect for me

laurat35
2/8/15

My resume was very nice, to cancel my account was very difficult.

jerrym51
2/7/15

I had a wonderful, user friendly experience with live career. The website helps you to layout your resume in prcise order and format. It handle all corrections and the part I love most is when the website lets you know when you've included too many words in a section of you resume or if your word need to be simplified. This website is the greatest!!

hollys24
2/7/15

easy to use and very helpful

lucid2
2/7/15

Once again, another site that takes advantage of young people. My son,(teenager), used this one time to do his very first resume. They charge your debit card for the small $1.95 fee which is fine. Fourteen days later, there is an almost $40 charge to the debit card. I'm sure this happens all the time and this is how they make their money. Customer service reps are not the nicest people either. It's a shame that a site that could possibly grow and one day be worth more than an average 2 STAR RATING(it's rated that for a reason) isn't more upfront with their policies, DON"T try to hide it in small print, be upfront and clear when it comes to playing with peoples hard earned money. They are on your site for a reason, to get help, not get ripped off by the ones that are supposed to help you get your career started. Shame on this company.

kennyc20
2/7/15

I was very impressed with the many resume builder options that were available, easy to access and the bullet points were very accurate with the job that I had applied for. Glad I found your website.

davidr133
2/6/15

Good tools to create resume. On occasion had problem with site freezing and logging me off.

karinar1
2/6/15

This site really helps you build a great resume, with tips on how to make you look good! It's easy too.

florentinos
2/6/15

Very good, and simple step by step

alvinh19
2/6/15

Didn't like how the service gives you no notice for when they will draft your acct , now I have an overdraft from my bank , after I cancelled thanks live career....

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kathrynb13
2/5/15

Used LiveCareer off and on for the last 5 years. Never had problems getting charged beyond what I signed up for. (I just made sure to call and cancel a couple of days before the month was up.)
Main problem - the "experience" section of the resume would often, inexplicably, rearrange the order of my work experience, making it almost impossible to list my job history in chronological order. So beware of this flaw.

stpehaniek
2/5/15

I initially used Live Career sometime ago, then cancelled, however, recently I needed this service again, I can't tell you enough how important it is to have a "stand-out" resume! I was commended on my resume and all the information that was contained in it, it also allowed me to personalize it for that "stand out" effect not to mention it stood out among the rest! It was well worth the money and time I invested to have me obtain my current position, thank you Live Career!

narangik
2/4/15

Very easy way to built your resume!

kelvinw7
2/3/15

very good. Helped me organize my skills and build my resume and write my cover letter. I got a job within one week.

erics81
2/3/15

Amazing, easy to use, great price!!
Built a professional resume in less than in hour. I could have never created such a good resume on my own.

erinw20
2/3/15

It was very easy to use and customer service was very helpful! But my only complaint was no forewarning on the $40 bill i received after using the site once.

shawnad3
2/3/15

This is an amazing site that helps you build a professional looking resume with such ease. I would highly recommend for any one that wants to be hired to make your resume here....

godlivesu
2/3/15

Awesome! Easy to use and helpful suggestions on the side :)
I enjoyed it.
Thank you!!!

brookew5
2/2/15

I created an account to make a resume without any information that I would ever be charged if I did the free trial. Without my permission, my account updated to premium and charged me over $400. This was never mentioned in the terms of agreement (which, yes, I read). A FREE TRIAL account should remain FREE until cancelled, which I did. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. IT'S A SCAM

joys22
2/1/15

The web site was very easy to use to make a quick and easy resumes. Thank you!

hooic
1/31/15

This company is ridiculous, a recurring charge of $39.80 to my credit card for 5 months. Contact their customer service, would only refund the latest charge.
The worst part is I did not even receive cover letter, resume from their company, this is a FRAUD, Stay away, do not sign on their website.

heatherg19

Good.

dougc29
1/30/15

They are deceptive in there billing practices! When I realized I was being charged( 5 months) $39 a month for a one time use I called to complain and they were unwilling to remove any charges.

Tip for consumers: buyer beware!!

jimmyr24
1/30/15

The service was extremely helpful and intuitive! I got the job with having no experience in résumé writing. Thank you.

albertn9
1/30/15

It is easy to use and gives many options to use

freddya3
1/30/15

I never had a good experience such I had with live career.their web site was a great help form on finding job proceeds

kaitlink1

great

roberto286
1/30/15

Excellent, good tools, got a job

angelt9
1/29/15

Great website & easy to follow!

mellissad
1/29/15

It was my first time doing a resume and you made it easy for me to do. So thank you very much.