US Government's NSF

1 Hallidie Plaza, Suite 306, Suite 600
San Francisco, California 94102, United States
Tel: 1-888-816-0576
customerservice@livecareer.com

People interested in LiveCareer are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 141 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 90 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 40 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sheilas26
7/7/15

I used LiveCareer's resume writing tools and it was most helpful. I had to pay $1.95 for a two week trial before I could download my resume, but it was well worth that. The only problem I had was that I could not get to account setting so that I could cancel the subscription, but a 15 minute live chat with a nice person named Jam and that was resolved. All and all a good experience.

sinar
7/6/15

i bought a $1.95 resume from this company and the ripped me off without enough explanation . they just made me an account and just renewed the account and charged me AU $48 . they just want your money , they're rude and their service in rubbish

jons91
7/6/15

I had been employee at a large corporation for 15 years , when I suddenly found myself out of a job. With no recent experience in Resume writing and cover letter writing I needed some serious help and fast. Livecareer.com was very easy, fast service for a professional custom tailored Resume and cover letter.

nancyp54
7/6/15

A friend of mine is in dire straits, so I offered to pay the trial cost of $1.95. She was not happy with the service, and cancelled on the 14th day (a 14-day trial). But, they charged my card that very same day!!!! The 'Live Chat' on their site did not work---it only took me to email. I and my friend emailed, and they provided a telephone number to call, but of the many times I called, each time it was the same thing----a full minute of complete silence, then disconnect!!!! They make it impossible, hoping to charge a 2nd month before you can get any real help!!!! Finally, one day, the Live Chat worked, and the representative only argued with me on how easy and convenient their cancellation methods are!!!! Finally, offered a partial refund, when I said it should be a full refund, as we have been trying to cancel since the 14th day, and were timely, the rep then said they would take back the refund!!!! Are you kidding me??? Playing stupid games with me??? AVOID THIS COMPANY.

laurai8
7/5/15

In canceling my account during the trial period, I unknowingly deleted my account rather than canceling the automatic monthly charge. When I noticed the first monthly change of $39.80, I tried to sign into my account to verify the cancellation, but the account no longer existed. I figured there would be no other charge. One month later I was charged again. When I called to cancel, 2 days after the second charge, I was not offered a refund of the second month, but told my account was now cancelled and I could use the website for the rest of the paid month. I tried to login and again got the message the account did not exist. I called and got a second representative who told me they are unable to reopen a deleted account. SO I AM UNABLE TO USE A FULL MONTH OF SERVICES I HAVE PAID FOR. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Finally she said she would try for a refund, which is rarely done. I was given a prorated refund of 29.85 on July 5th, for a monthly charge of 39.80 on July 3rd. The full month should have been given. This is not an 'in good faith' service.

Tip for consumers: Stay away. I see others have had similar problems canceling. It is set up this way to get your money. Resumes are also not easy to edit once off their website.

adrians35
7/5/15

signed up for cv as needed one asap, was only £1.95...so i thought they have then charged my card for 2 months at £22.95 cos i did not cancel i did not see this option when i signed up and also never recieved the mail they say they sent when i signed up explaining this. total rip-offs there are lots of free good ways to do cvs please look around do not use these they just scam u. Note when i spoke with them was no offer of refund even though they know the account has not been used since that first day, if they really cared and see u not using it any legit company would refund.

jimh91
7/5/15

The templates they have are fine, and yes they state if you buy from them and don't cancel, you get charged ($40!!!!!), however I canceled and they still charged. When confronted with this, their customer service flustered and blustered but refused to refund the charge. Hence, I reported their scumbag service to BBB and reported their charge as fraudulent to my credit card company. Stay away from this company, its full of scumbags!

nicolem52
7/3/15

Make sure you read the fine print.

emah1
7/1/15

This is a horrible company and a complete scam.

I cancelled my account within my 14-day trial period. However, they continued to bill me $39.80 for the next several months.

When I tried logging into my account, I wasn't able to since my account was deactivated. So even though I had a deactivated account, they continued to charge me.

When I contacted customer service through a chat session and told them about my issue, the first rep completely stopped responding. I closed my session and started a new one, where a rep named Nica Dizon stopped responding for a FULL 15 minutes, and didn't even apologize. She continued to insist that the charges were accurate, and there was no way I could get a refund. Once I asked for her employee #, she only then refunded one of my charges. Since she was completely unhelpful for removing the other charges, I had to call customer service where they took another 20 minutes to finally refund all of the charges.

I asked them if this is a common complaint, and they lied and said no. This is clearly a fraudulent business where even after you cancel your account, you continue to get charged, and they make you go through a hundred customer service loopholes just to get your money back.

TL;DR: DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE

Tip for consumers: Do not enter your credit card information for this site.

jooyeoll
7/1/15

I had a same experience with below users, without any notice, they can claim 42 dollars for 2 month from my credit card and very rude attitude (her name is Jam) in live help, no hung up the phone with the number that she gave.
What I do is just paid 1.95 dollar to download the file. It is completely scam.

tamekah2
6/30/15

They claim to offer a 'free' resume builder, however in order to print or save the resume, you have to pay $1.95 for a 14 day subscription. The website retains your credit card information and gives you no way to remove it without cancelling the account. They tell you that you have to cancel the subscription before the 14 day trial is over to avoid reoccurring billing but their website will not allow you to cancel it. Customer service is near impossible to get ahold of to rectify your issue - attempting to contact the customer service team online was a failure as it will not 'submit' and send your complaint, and the first rep I contacted by their 800 number hung up on me. The second representative told me I assumed that it was cancelled -after explaining my difficulty with the site- and told me it was my fault for not cancelling it, and they wouldn't refund my money AFTER taking a full year's subscription charge from my account! A complete and utter scam.

Tip for consumers: There are other sites that offer free templates for download or to help build your resume that are far more reputable than this site, such as resumebuilder.org.

missyb5
6/30/15

I was desperate for a way to update and possibly rewrite my resume. LiveCareer was truly user friendly and offered helpful tips for putting my resume in order.

laurenf11
6/29/15

This website is a complete scam. Do not give them your credit card information. DO NOT.

Also, customer service rep was extremely rude and HUNG UP ON ME.

patrickb75
6/29/15

Professional, helpful and easy to use resume building site.

deliaa
6/29/15

It was easy to use and all of the pre written alternatives was great.

toshian
6/29/15

I can't believe I'm forced to even give one star. You think you're signing up for a 14 day trial for $1.95 but what you don't realize is, you're actually also signing up for a subscription for $40/month. I caught mine and called their customer service number, the lady was rude and sounded half asleep. She told me that it's in the "fine print" when you sign up and that it was restated in my confirmation email. When I looked back in my 2 emails from them there was NOTHING regarding a subscription that I needed to cancel in 2 weeks. The worst part is I didn't even like their site and used a FREE template online...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY...TOTAL SCAM.

ashleyk27
6/25/15

Very deceptive! I have always done the 14 day trial when I need to do a resume or update one. The 14 day trial is something like $1.95 for 14 days and then you must cancel within that time frame to not be charged $39.80/month. I canceled via email and after finally catching I've been charged for four months now I call and I was told they have no email on file of me canceling and I will be charged! Total rip off! Stay for from this company unless you like being taken for your money! Never will I use this company again!

sharaw1
6/25/15

This is the most shady business I have ever run across. When you delete you account it does not delete your subscription, yet you cannot get back into your account once deleted to delete your subscription some other way. And no where does it tell you when you delete your account that this is not deleting your subscription, leaving your card to be charged the $39.80 and an overdraft fee since I was not expecting any charge to come out of my account and therefore there were not enough funds in my account to not overdraft. I have never been so irate and completely disguisted with any customer service representative as I was when speaking to their representatives, even their "supervisor" tried to talk to me as if I were ignorant. My warning is read the reviews before you use this service not the ones they post on their site either the actual reviews from real customers, almost all stating a shady experience with this scam.

karib3
6/24/15

1. I was told I would be contacted prior to review; their system formatted my resume awfully, added skills I never even had on my resume, into 3 skill sections. So the review came back horribly as redundant skillsets.
2. I was told I would be contacted after review, to discuss and make changes after the review by the specific person who reviewed it, with their contact info. When I contacted to discuss my review to the GENERIC email provided with the review, I was told there would be no response as the review is complete.
3. While I appreciate some of the feedback that was given, it was on a resume I was revising all day that day, so done on an incomplete resume. Really? You couldn’t just contact me?

The free portion of the site is useful... so upload, revise, download, cancel subscription. the 'free' built-in review is just as useful as the one I paid for for an additional $19.95 (on sale from that $39.80 rate I have seen). Do so in a timely manner, and that first charge is all you will see.

I just really dislike the 'false' info I was given. No personal contact was ever made, it was only ever a generic email for the inbox and a name. I got better input from people outside of this organization.

Of... the review they gave? They need to use better formatting, or spell check. Kind of hard to read.

Tip for consumers: Worth it, if you upload, revise, do it quickly, use their built in and go cancel - for that FIRST charge. I wouldn't know about ongoing services. The misleading angered me so much I cancelled.

marijkew
6/24/15

Thank you for your help.

joc212
6/23/15

Their website makes it easy enough to use up until the payment. It would not let me continue past to the payment option and that is the only way to print your resume. It basically lets you put all the time in of making your resume perfect and then takes five hours to actually get your resume and be able to print it. So after and hour of trying to get help from the site they told me I would have to call their number to get my 2 dollar transaction through. Finally I get through to someone after being hung up on and then calling back. I give them all my bank info and tell them what plan I want, then the person says ooh sorry we are an international business and you have to call your bank and then call us back. I call my bank to approve the transaction and they say this company based out of san francisco is using banking in germany? So I approve and call the company back I'm connected through then some one hangs up on my call, I call again and a lady answers and half way through the call after I explain what happened she hangs up on me! So then I call back once more and a man puts me on hold for 10 minutes and I finally get my resume printed after this five hour process. So I guess if you have enough time it is a good tool to use but if you dont have time to waste I would say dont do it.

christianf20
6/22/15

Live Career? or Death to the unemployed??? THIS WEBSITE IS A SCAM! THEY ARE A BLOODSUCKING SCAM trying to take advantage of the unemployed!!! I paid 1.95 to make a resume and then I just checked my bank account this morning and they had charged me $39.80! THERE GOES MY GROCERIES FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. I'm a poor college student, so I called their customer service and a "kind hearted lady" named Vanessa told me basically that I should have read through things better when I paid for the resume. AWESOME! What happened to making the world a better place? MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS.

nasrinr
6/18/15

I didnt sign up for any monthly deduction from my credit card! why did you deduct money?

dominiquec7
6/17/15

like every body else use once been charge for $$$$ months. what a scam.
try to get a job and been rip off really suck #$!%^&*

tammyo3
6/16/15

I did the 14 day trial.... Tried to log in the next day to cancel and it wouldn't accept my name n password tried to contact them through email and phone and the chat line ... Got nothing
Got charged $50 from my account.... Total scam
Update... I found out that they have removed $50 4 times from my account had to call to cancel.. And got the correct number from my bank.

connieh28
6/16/15

This is one of those "services" that is totally designed to rip off unassuming (usually young) people. They offer you something for $1.95 with the caveat that you cancel within a specific window of time or they will charge your credit card $39.95 for a recurring fee. If you are lucky enough to discover the fee, you will quickly find they won't refund the whole thing. They will refund just a portion. The customer service people sound like robots and don't have any authority to do anything but refund a portion of the fee. YOU DON'T NEED THIS SERVICE. USE ANY WORD PROCESSING PROGRAM AND MAKE A RESUME> DO NOT USE THIS!!!!

brandonr20
6/15/15

You should DESPISE this company. Regardless of the quality of its product this company is SELF-FOCUSED, NOT customer focused. The values of a company speak much louder than its products. If you pay $2 for a 14-day subscription you will automatically be upgraded to $40 if you fail to read the fine print. This is a 20X charge increase! No selfless company would set their customers up this way without their administered approval. Oh, and don't even think about getting your money back! Remember, by not doing business with them and giving your money somewhere else you help bring an end to such INJUSTICE.

bjc3
6/13/15

Used this site 2 weeks ago. My card was charged $39.95 for a recurring fee which I didn't authorize since I paid the $1.95 just to print my document. Tried to call multiple times to speak with a supervisor but she has apparently been in a meeting for over 3 hours now. Total rip off!!!!!!!! Anyone have any advice on what to do?!

bradk20
6/11/15

Total ripoff. Even though I have called to cancel three months in a row, they continue to charge my account. I cannot believe they allow this type of scam to continue. I will call my states Attorney General to file a complaint.

shaneekav
6/11/15

I wish I would have read the reviews before signing up for the "trial membership" for 14 days! I signed up for the 14 day full membership for $1.95, on the 15th day my card was charged $39.80. Please read the fine print! I attempted to cancel but it is not easy. It is a script and there are a ton of free sites that help you create resumes and are just as good!

merryla
6/9/15

I've been charged on my credit card for something I didn't authorise. The exchange rate is a killer as they charge a 'fee' so along with their charge they add an 'exchange rate fee' which is a small % of the other charge. All in all I've got four charges, only 1 being ok'd by me. These guys are thieves. I've tried phoning (from NZ!!!), emailing and using live chat - nothing!! Rip Off and when people may not have that money to spare these guys should be behind bars.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site!!

dheeraja
6/8/15

People.. Please do not use this site.. They charged me $40/month for a subscription of $1.99 for 15 days..

mikem264
6/5/15

I cancelled my subscription and deleted my account and was charge double the following month. When speaking with customer service they told me there was no record of me deleting my subscription just my account thus why I was still charged.
No explanation of charging double or why my bank account was still charged.

At the end I had two payments equalling $80.29 within 4 days a month after the subscription was cancelled.

dalel16
6/5/15

used their site for a once needed resume.Did not see anything about recurring charges and only just realized they have been billing me almost $40 a month until I just cancelled account.They stated that it is not in fine print and clearly stated under terms of service!! Really!!?? Guess I better get out the white cane and my seeing eye dog because I sure didn't notice it.STAY away from this company!!!

bh152
6/4/15

big scams they will steal your money after you pay the $1

lorif17
6/4/15

I completely agree with all of the extremely poor reviews. Should have read up on this company prior to agreeing to the so called "FREE" account. They are apparently located in Great Britain, so you may also be charged a foreign transaction fee on your credit card. I was able to get half of my money back. They state on the sign up page they bill you $9.95/week every 4 weeks. I had the 14 day"FREE" subscription and was 3 days into the 2nd billable week before I noticed the charge on my credit card. I argued and adamantly complained and insisted on getting my money back. I am being refunded $19.95. Do not ever use this site. It is not worth it!!

tylerg21
6/3/15

Worthless company. Biggest scam ever. Terrible customer support. Wasted 40$ I'll never get back. Hidden fees for a terrible site.

cindyy7
6/3/15

Fill out a FREE resume then they ding you with $1.95 fee. How is that free? Then 2 weeks later ding you with an additional $39.80 which is nonrefundable. I ended up redoing my resume myself which was much better than my FREE, I mean my $41.75 resume from LiveCareer.com.

eddp2
6/2/15

If Livecareer was a reputable site then it would;
1) pay compensation to the people who had money stolen from their bank accounts and
2) fix the tricky and obviously fradulent way people log on to use this free site.

They will not and therefore Anna B. this site is NOT bonafide.
You can spread love and best wishes and touchy feely happiness all you want.
BUT the company ripped me off and MANY others and continues with the same fradulent practise..... No Change

yoheie
6/2/15

They do not make clear of how charges are being made to your credit card. They do horrible job of communicating the correct billing information as to how to cancel the subscription. When you delete the account, they will continue to charge your credit card without informing you that subscription is still LIVE. Spoke to customer service and only thing they were able to do is refund 1 month. Horrible business practice. DO NOT SIGN UP.

amandas88
6/2/15

$1.95 subscription became a $50 scam within a two weeks. then they reimburse only $29.95.

alanal3
5/31/15

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!
Their practises are very fraudulent and deceptive.

I went to pay my utility bills this weekend to find nearly $50AUD had been withdrawn from my bank account.
I ring my bank to find that livecareer has billed me another two times prior, which means I have pretty much been charged $150 for a very simple resume.

Do not be fooled by this website, or their claims that they make it clear that they will auto-renew subscription.
They lie about how much monthly subscription costs, it's easy enough to see for yourself, all you do is click on "my account" then "subscription" where it offers you to upgrade from their $1.95 14-day trial to $7.95 monthly access; yet they charge $38.90 which takes them 6months to start billing?
How does that work live career?
How can you claim that you make these facts clear when so many angry customers say otherwise?!

They do not hold true to their money back guarantee stamp image that this page also exhibits.
It also does not state on this page anywhere that the 14 day-trial is AUTO RENEWED as their representatives keep stating in their response to comments on reviews about their company.
When I click on "delete account" it tells that I have an active subscription, that I need to click "continue" to cancel the subscription, lo and behold when I click on "continue" it takes me to the subscription upgrade page!
Using the live help chat applet yields not satisfactory results, either sends as an email or never any support representative on the other end, after 15mins of waiting.

This is AFTER having to change my web security program's settings to allow me to visit the site due to it's suspicious behavior.
This website is all kinds of wrong!
I have contacted my bank, and cancelled my card and they are sending me a new one; furthermore I will be contacting the fraud dept. of my bank to retrieve the money they have billed me for.
However this does not satisfy me as it has still put me in financial hardship, as it has made me behind in paying my bills.

carolf27
5/29/15

Using live career to make my resume was easy. The prices seemed straight forward enough, but upon signing up, they did not tell me about the $39.80 subscription fee. Nor did they make it explicitly clear that canceling my account would not cancel my subscription. So even though I cancelled my account my subscription allowed them to continue charging me. I am very disappointed with this service and very annoyed that I trusted this site with my personal information. They need to fix this problem if they continue to claim they are cheap and easy to use.

danas32
5/29/15

THEY READ FROM A SCRIPT WHEN YOU CALL TO COMPLAIN. I CANCELLED MY SERVICE HOWEVER WAS CHARGED FOR 3 MORE MONTHS, ($200+)WHEN I FINALLY REALIZED THEY ONLY REFUNDED $29 - PRORATED!!! EVERY ANSWER SCRIPTED,EVERY WRITTEN APOLOGY ON LINE THE SAME-HEARTLESS

davet47
5/28/15

so easy to use give you lot of good ways to make your resume look better and sound better. It help me lot. An it land me a new job i recommed this web suite to everyone

garyb99
5/28/15

I attempted to cancel my subscription online with no success. I finally call to get it cancelled to find out the next day they had debited my account for $35.80 Like we say down south I wouldn't hit a pig in the ass with them. Sorry Bunch don't deal with them

deej19
5/27/15

I called in to cancel after seeing my account charged for $39 and some rude piece of dirt answered the phone. First of all, it's not my fault that you hate your job don't take it out on me. He claimed to have canceled the service but I swear if I see another charge on my account next month I'm releasing the wolves and that's a PROMISE.

joed79
5/27/15

I was writing a CV in their site and I was charged $3.90. Overall i was happy, until i saw a bill of $54.00 in my credit card 1 month later. They are thieving, lowlifes who misleads and lie to their customers. I am extremely unhappy and discouraged. I am a student, living costs already and rent are already heavy burdens, this was the last thing i needed.

tessyb
5/26/15

I subscribed for only two weeks for $1.95. Only to discover that another $50.28 was debited from my visa. And their excuse was I did not call to cancel. If I wanted to subscribe for a longer time I would have stated it myself not your auto renewal policy that renews a 2 weeks subscription to a 1 month subscription. That how desperate you guys are. FRAUDSTERS

yolandel1
5/26/15

I need ALL the money back ($39.80 x 6 = $ 238.80) that you've been taking from my credit card account for the last 6 months! I've used your "FREE" trial service for my cover letter and resume but that was ALL!!!!!
YF le Roux

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is the price $1.95 Canadian dollars?
4/21/15
Answer
alanal3
A: Do not use this site!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: My daughter used your website on 4/5 for a cover letter. The website said that it would be active for 9-11 days. She tried cancelling but it did not cancel and now she was charged $40. We would like to cancel and get a refund of the $40
4/22/15
Answer
cj135
A: Dont waste your time trying to contact them. I went to my bank and had all future billing refused AND I went to the State Attorney General and reported them.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
LiveCareer?