US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 106 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 65 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 26 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jh243
3/17/15

They offer you a "free 14-day trial" but if you don't cancel or check your credit card statements, they continue billing you $39.80 USD indefinitely. Their "always available!" phone staff are not available. Emailed them to cancel, wrote them a review to cancel, tried "live chat" but "Live Chat is now closed" and sent them ANOTHER email to cancel, nothing.

No one is getting back to me and I used their service once for $2 or so. As Splashing D commented previously, is this legal? Yes. Is it in their Terms of Service? Yes. Is it ethical? No.

Their profiles might be easy, but don't give money to a company who doesn't hold itself to ethical standards.

Tip for consumers: Don't. Just don't.

tinof4
3/17/15

Great, honest, and honorable company to work with. Making a contact was easy
and the agent on line was fantastic ( Zack) Thank you

mattc55
3/16/15

Nice site, but this is a SCAM!!! They advertise this as a FREE service when this company registered their site with the major search engines. Then they count on the fact that you put time into your resume, and when you get to the final step, then they jab you with a charge, and get you hooked on a subscription that many people are not able to cancel unless they come on here to vent their frustrations for being handled badly.

FREE IS FREE!!! If you are going to charge on the FINAL step, then SAY SO on the first page!! Its Pretty disgusting to do to people - Yes people need to read the fine print, but this company has NO business advertising as FREE!! I see the same customer support rep on here, hiding behind the BS about their disclaimer, which is NOT up for easy viewing. You have to actually look for it, and when you are on a supposedly FREE site you dont expect to get smacked at the last step with a fee, of which the kind where they hope you dont realize they have you on a subscription and then they can charge you blind. People are not getting help from the Live Chat or customer service email support, so people have to take it to this site, and then the company all of a sudden cares since they dont want other people to think they are hiding behind a website and charging as they please once they get your credit card info. This is basically a semi-legitimate SCAM! No customer support agent hiding behind their CROOKED terms of service, can justify this ridiculousness!

DO NOT USE THIS SITE!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO CHANGE THEIR POLICIES, AND PUT THE TERMS UP FRONT FOR EASY VIEWING,AND ALSO STOP ADVERTISING AS FREE. GOOGLE AND YAHOO, AND COUNTLESS OTHER SITES ARE FREE TO VISIT AND NAVIGATE AS WELL. LOOK ON MS OFFICE ONLINE AND DOWNLOAD A TEMPLATE AND MAKE YOUR OWN RESUME!! DONT WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME WITH THIS SCAM!!

Even just 1 Star is WAY too much for this site!! You have been warned!! Thankfully I didnt give these scam artists my Credit Card number, but I still feel the need to come here and warn people about this nonsense! There are other sites that do the same thing, but its powered by the same service (Live Career) and is no different!

Tip for consumers: Stay Away, and just download a template from MS Office Online for FREE (for REAL). It takes more time, but you get a better result, and you dont have this SCAM of a company wasting your time!!

anthonym102
3/16/15

Very easy site to use to get a professional resume with lots of other tools to aid people in preparing and continuing their job search.

tanishab
3/13/15

MY RESUMES HAD BEEN SHABBY..... I WAS EVEN TOLD BY AN EMPLOYER THAT MY RESUME WAS UNPROFESSIONAL I HAD TAKEN THE CHEAP ROUTE AND CREATED THEM MYSELF, AFTER RUNNING ACROSS LIVE CAREER I WAS IN RESUME HEAVEN... ITS AMAZING AND IM NOW EMPLOYED WITH A VERY REPUTABLE COMPANY..THANKS LIVE CAREER..OH YES IM A REAL PERSON WITH A REAL REVIEW...

colleend8
3/12/15

The website is so user friendly, and the customer service was excellent! They were very quick to answer any questions I had, and were very cooperative.

I was easily able to create several different resumes and cover letters to go along with them. The website had great suggestions and all kinds of different layouts to choose from for all different types of resumes. I definitely recommend this site! It is so worth it!

nicholasb23
3/11/15

As others have stated you are openly allowed to use the site until you desire a downloaded copy of the resume youve been working on. At which point, having already done hours of work on your document you are asked to fork over cash to make the download. I paid the fee approximately 12 months ago, I have since unbeknownst to me being charged a ludicrous 4 week fee. I am a student and did not notice for a while, now having fallen on stiff financial times, I saw my account wiped for practically all of its contents. I must of paid hundreds to this site, its a mockery, I am not from US and thus the majority of the features are non-applicable to me. (another factor they forgot to mention). I tried speaking with their live help team, waited 15 minutes before I was told no one was coming and to try later. E-mailed, no response as of yet. Now I find my self unable to pay for the trip to university/college for the next three weeks to do my studies. Thanks a bunch live career

johnp228
3/10/15

This is a good resume-building site. I found their tools useful and was pleased with the way my resume turned out. BEWARE OF HIDDEN CHARGES after printing your resume or cover letter. When I printed my documents, I didn't notice that I was also automatically registered for an automatically self-renewing subscription (for example, its cost was not included in the receipt). I called customer service to complain about the $41 dollar charge that appeared on my credit card four weeks later and they were semi-responsive. I was reimbursed $30. Go ahead and use their website, but USE IT CAREFULLY.

stevem165
3/10/15

I used it for one time, it charged me for 39 dollars. They said they sent me a email to confirm the charge which I did not see at all. Just never use it.

debaruns
3/9/15

I visited the website just to make a resume and I was charged $ 1.59 on 19th February. Today they deducted $ 40 from my credit card without my permission. I feel cheated.

clintonp4
3/8/15

I got on this website to write up a resume. Soon to figure out you have to pay for the first download AFTER im on here for 2 hours writing up my resume

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!! THEY ARE ALL NAZIS

joshuah33
3/7/15

I used Livecareer as a platform to update my Resume and Cover Letter, I couldn't be more pleased with the service provided. I've told colleagues, friends and family to use Livecareer if and when they need to update their Resume.

tiffanys29
3/6/15

I used Live Career to build my resume, at the end of that process it asked to pay a fee of $1.95 to print or download. The fine print said that after 14 days it would charge you monthly fees. A couple days after I got back on the site and cancelled the subscription. Thinking I had cancelled it I didn't think to check my account for it. I noticed they charged me for $39.80 for the month. I again went on and cancelled the subscription and watched my account the next month. Again, I was charged $39.80, I tried emailing and asking to unsubscribe me and to refund my money. After sending it in 4-5 times I still have not heard a reply. DO NOT USE THIS SITE IT'S A SCAM!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE IT'S A SCAM!

louiser26
3/5/15

I took up your trial offer, but have recently found that I have been paying a subscription £22.95 a month since August 2014. As I have just realised this I checked your site and appears you are an American company and I am in England. There are no jobs on your site in England, so why would I need to subscribe to your site. I spoke with an agent on live help to ask how to cancel and when I explained I was in England the agent asked me to be more specific. I seemed to getting nowhere explaining the situation. I found this of no help.

marisoli
3/4/15

My previous resume wasn't all that. I really needed some help making it sound professional, look neat and included everything in order. Using my new resume I got more calls back than using my old one. Got a interview a day later and my now new job thinks that my resume was the best one they seen.

andresm25
3/1/15

As many people in this website, I feel robbed. I only had the purpose of write only one resume for $1.95 and I believed in LiveCareer, yet it was a mistake. They made a subscription for $40 per month; unfortunately I did not read the smaller letters where they explained this payment.

Tip for consumers: Take care!

robertf68
2/28/15

Paid $35 yesterday to make my resume. Today I have to send to 5 companies before days end. All 5 contacted me and I told them I would have it to the today. Cannot get online and download it now. Site is all messed up or something. Tred live chat at 2pm and they said try it again in a few hours. Now it 4:30 and still doesnt work. Tried live chat and no one is there. Timed out several times for no response. I want my money back! I am going to call my card company and request a charge back. TERRIBLE SERVICE! I have 30 minutes to write another and send it. ugh.

hunterl16
2/27/15

This website is amazing! It helped a lot with getting everything put together!

alisonc9
2/26/15

I purchased an annual membership with live career. Love the templates, used their professional writers to create a great resume and cover letter. Loved the service until i tried to duplicate the resume and save different versions. Talked with their customer service. chatted online to a tech services representative the tech rep told me the site is not compatible with iMac and suggested i used a different computer to access their services. Why is this not referenced up front on their page? What a total con for what would otherwise have been a great service

Tip for consumers: Love the site, just does not work on an iMac, so sign up but do not expect it to work for managing a job search

danielh72
2/26/15

I love the way my resume looks.

lesliel19
2/24/15

resume builder made it so easy to create and update my resume. no guess work, just sign up, step by step fill in the information, save, print or email, DONE!!
recommend and will use it again if need to.

kentag
2/24/15

I am terrified to learn that there are so many victims like me.
This company withdraws approx. $50 monthly from August 2014 until now. I just used free trial once in August and I just realised a series of withdrawals!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company!

jeanniem4
2/22/15

Excellent selection of templates and easy to use.

marlenem12
2/22/15

LiveCareer had great tools to help me to build a great resume and cover letter that looked professional, presented me well, and I believe it helped me get a job very quickly. It was easy to work with, but I liked that if I needed help, there was great support available.

emilp10
2/22/15

I visited this cheat site just to polish my resume for $1.95 and 14 days resume subsribtion ... or at least this was written with bold letters. Unfortunatelly I did not read remainig text with smaller grey letters, which says that my subscribtion started and it should cost me almost $40 per month. After 3 months I realized that there are strange charges from my credit card for this so called "subscribtion". Durring this 3 months I received just spam mails from livecareer.com and nothing that looks like a service. I did not even entered in their site.

P.S. one star is too much.

Tip for consumers: Beware and stay away - this is absolute SCAM!

christinep20
2/21/15

Site did nothing for me and when membership is cancelled I did not receive a refund for fee paid within 3 days. So now I am stuck with another month.

haleya
2/21/15

I used LiveCareer once and paid the cheap fee to have my resume checked then I deleted my account and yesterday I went to buy groceries and found my visa debit declined and I knew I hadn't spent any money I get home and there's a $46.32 charge from LiveCareer I am very frustrated I deleted my account and I am a college student so I can't really afford this stuff happening to me I sent a message through the customer service panel on the website and nothing. As for your emails regarding renewal maybe you should check up on the fact that you're being marked as spam whenever you send them out I know personally i delete my junk folder daily so there's that as well all in all watch out for this company they'll do anything to weasel money out of you

eliasb30
2/21/15

I stumbled upon this web site. You get to choose a template and then you are prompted with a series of fill in the blank statements. I found the process very easy for a computer illiterate like me. I can barely do more than read my email but I found the resume process very easy. I like the opportunity to proof read and correct my entries.

ryanr43
2/20/15

I was able to create a very professional looking resume and download it for a cheap fee. This was a super simple process and I would do it again in the future if needed.

terryj25

great

barbaran18
2/19/15

I had the best results using LiveCareer...I was able to cross match, got many ideas. Unbelievable results. Will pass your site on to others.

manuela36
2/19/15

easy to use website thanks guys for helping me with my resume

daneillec
2/19/15

With the assistance of this easy to use website, I produced a resume and cover letters that helped me obtain the position I interviewed for! Customer service has been very helpful and quickly responded to my inquiries. Highly recommend.

yanih
2/16/15

The website was very easy to use. My previous resume was uploaded quickly, and it was easy to modify. The best features about this site is that you have multiple templates to choose from and there is a diversity of content examples that will help your resume stand out.

kevine20
2/15/15

I suggest using another site, or simply asking a counselor or a family member to assist. Not only did I try once to delete my account (after I located my zip drive with my old resume) , but deleting my account came with no success. I was then charged $39.00 for what I'm not sure. The first charge was under $2.00 ,and rightfully so when you consider a resume is my info created by me about me. If this company asked me about myself then created a resume based on my recorded info THAT would be worth this ridiculous amount. Three days after I finished the online resume I pressed a deactivate account button and I now see that it didn't work. I thought this to be a grand idea , and a way to categorize my work history while searching for my missing resume in a flash drive, but this now feels like a scam for the unemployed. I too tried to do a live chat and sent an email, but no response has been received on my end. One thing they do not point out is that when you try to deactivate your account there are missing sections that you'll need to fill in(age, grad date, gender).. if you continue to press deactivate without doing so, it will not deactivate or tell you why. Not cool!

Tip for consumers: I don't see a reason for such a site if once you're in you can't get out. I'm sure that I am not the first person that made a choice to delete the account due to not needing it. Now I've paid over 40.00 for something I've not used.

tomf45
2/14/15

The resume process is okay. However, my account was overcharged. I was never able to get in touch with anyone to fix the error. Then I had numerous charges of less then a dollar show up one day. When I called them, I was never able to speak to anyone. I went online to the "live chat" feature. After 10 minutes a person asked how the could help. After I explained the situation to them the never responded again. Bogus company.

larryc40
2/14/15

Thanks to a support worker, Anna, did concede and returned 3 months of 6 months billings.
It is their policy to auto-bill,,,,soooo beware, and be warned. Also they are not a USA comp, they are UK, all billing is UK. Would I use again?? site was OK, worth the fees, NO. You can hire a professional writer for much less that 40$ a month. Always be aware of auto-billing. I will never again use a real CC, banks now issue refillable CC for internet use, I now know why. And the CC company's wont back you since they consider auto billing legitimate.
be Warned! I am thank full for the assistance of the person mentioned, but it should never have happened.

Tip for consumers: never use your real credit card for anything online! Use temp cards and maybe paypal

grantc22
2/14/15

It was an learning experience with options.

luizaw
2/13/15

Awesome ;)

maryj81
2/12/15

Very easy to work with. Will definitely recommend to friends.

waynorm
2/12/15

Im gratefull for the way my Resume was done, even Im that one who put it together choosing from your site, was a success... Thank you very much

marciah9
2/12/15

I had a great experience on this site. The software was very helpful in guiding me to create an appealing resume and the phone customer service was super easy. I will use it again and recommend to others.
Suggestions: The Live Chat was not useful --waited 5 minutes but no one ever showed up. It would be nice to have a tab function within the the resume sections. I wanted to line up some things down several lines of test and had to do it by pushing the space bar. which wasn't very effective because the spacing is different while working in the program than when it actually prints up.

richardb136
2/12/15

easy to use. gave good examples for me to use

carlap14
2/12/15

I was preparing two different resumes.This is a great site. Very easy to walk through. The only problem was I had to wait to begin the second resume because the option wasn't offered to begin a new one for a different person. Also upon trying to cancel the subscription I had to call in because the site just kept offering more things to buy. The ease of using this site is wonderful. I will be back and I will recommend your site to family and friends.

joyv1
2/12/15

I only used the resume feature, but had a great experience. I liked the different templates, although moving the order of job experiences around was problematic - I couldn't do it! Regardless, I have a job now in spite of it. Thank you.

dianef20
2/11/15

It was very easy and beneficial to type my resume with LiveCareer. I was offered a job within a week.

bridgets8
2/10/15

I used this service to write my resume and although I am pleased with the final product, the customer service is absolutely terrible. They do not answer their emails, if you call you will be put on a loop and they will not pick up. I have attempted several times to delete my account and they will not allow me to do so despite the fact that my subscription has expire. S C A M

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE IT

frankg53
2/9/15

easy and simplified , perfect for me

laurat35
2/8/15

My resume was very nice, to cancel my account was very difficult.

jerrym51
2/7/15

I had a wonderful, user friendly experience with live career. The website helps you to layout your resume in prcise order and format. It handle all corrections and the part I love most is when the website lets you know when you've included too many words in a section of you resume or if your word need to be simplified. This website is the greatest!!