US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 153 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 101 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 47 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

juliew50
8/11/15

It's very hard to cancel this subscription.. I had to cancel my credit card.

claytonw6
8/11/15

even Anna B is an automated response, Looking at all the reviews and responses from Anna B and it's all the same scam.

CON ARTISTS,FRAUDS, give me back my money!

christinap19
8/11/15

Quick, simple, and easy :)

rebekahj
8/11/15

Helped me develop a professional resume which in turn helped me get a job.

monab5
8/11/15

Very helpful in all areas.

evad10
8/11/15

This site is for those have never formatted a resume or cover letter. Trust me, you could goggle examples on the web and get the same info. Yes, I too was drawn in by the $1.95 (excuse me, what ended up $2.95) "try us" period. I began this pitiful experience on July 17th, cancelled on july 23rd. On Aug 10th I was charged $35.10. NICE! Live Career. Pat yourself on the back for another vicious scam. What I can't understand is how this company is allowed to continue this...Hopefully my bank dispute can end this. I really don't want to have start a legal action for continue abuse in my account.

PLEASE! DO NOT ENTER INTO ANY AGREEMENT WITH LIVE CAREER/MY PERFECT RESUME.

mikea83

I have been hired!

cg48
8/11/15

Cancelled service online twice, but you are still debiting account. For WHAT?????????????????? You offer NO SERVICE.

rayomandd
8/11/15

I registered on the site last June, and unfortunately used a credit card which I do not use for day-to-day use. At the time of registering was given to understand that I would be making a one time payment for my Resume Builder, and nowhere was it mentioned that there would be a monthly recurring charge of USD 43 or thereabouts which I have now been paying for the past 15 months.

When I wrote to their Customer "Service" about this was told that this was their standard procedure and that the subscription is auto-renewing. Apparently this is supposed to be stated on every page in the purchase process and they are supposed to send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal, but did not receive any such notifications from them.

I have now asked my Bank to stop payment, and the subscription was Cancelled by LiveCareer only after these instructions were sent out. After paying them more than USD 650 dollars, they have kindly agreed to refund USD 19.95.

Can only warn all potential customers to steer clear!!

cindyb55
8/9/15

I highly recommend this site for a quick resume. It was easy to set up and get started. Very clear instructions. Customer service was spot on. Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

patriciat33
8/8/15

Sent my fantastic resume ,was called the next day for an interview, offered the job that day! Thanks to my perfect resume !

danielleg19
8/8/15

I have now cancelled my account three times, and yet they keep charging my credit card. The first two times were on-line. When I spoke to the rude woman in customer service, she stated that there was no record of my cancellation. I was able to get a partial refund today, so I hope that means that it is FINALLY cancelled!

On top of terrible customer service, the service itself does not work well. I tried repeatedly to work on my resume, and the program kept freezing. For $120, I didn't get even one decent resume out of this site! So if you are smarter than me, and reading reviews before submitting your card information, my advice is DON"T DO IT!!!

tanyaw17
8/8/15

I didn't get the service canceled in time, so was charged the first months fee, which is my fault. But when trying to cancel on-line and remove my account, they kept charging my credit card. And then when I called and spoke with a representative to remove the 2nd charge, they would only process a partial refund. And they again charged my card for another fee. I again spoke with them today and they basically said that if I didn't have proof of the cancelation, that it was my problem. And if I felt like both charges needed to be removed, then I need to dispute the charges with my credit card. While the resume builder was good, it's not worth the hassle of canceling the account. I would NOT recommend Live Career to anyone unless you use a prepaid card to sign up with.

joes488
8/6/15

Do not sign up for this companies services, they will steal your money! Without any notification they started charging my card many times. They stole over 150 $ from me. Make sure you avoid them.

sharonr30
8/6/15

SCAM!!! My daughter could not print the resume, first of all. FREE is NOT FREE, it is $1.95 and that is just the beginning.... SECOND, she cancelled ON the 14th day, which they say was the 15th day so they charged her not $1.99 but $43 to use this pathetic site once. When I called to see about getting her refund they were snarky and said it was the users responsibility, yeah....which she did cancel but I guess it depends on how you count 14 days. Maybe they use the new Common Core math to count? In any case, for a one time use, that was supposed to be free, it was anything but free!!
DON'T use the trial UNLESS you are prepared to get sucked into an automatic renewal that they WILL not refund. I would not recommend this site, there are other places to go for a resume that do not scam young college kids or young business professionals out of their hard earned money!!!

Added 8-10-2015: Yes, they replied as they have done with many of these reviews but if you review those other reviews LCRB will do nothing to change their practices, only offer more excuses & blame. I checked the dates on the bank withdrawals and our cancellation e-mail and it falls on the 14th day, yet they still refused to reverse the charges. I will not waste my time with them, I have filed complaints with the BBB, the FTC, and a bank dispute and I urge all of you who have cancelled on time to do so as well.

karolinaf1
8/5/15

I too was scammed by live career. Same thing happened to me what everyone is saying. Took money from my account with out me knowing. Tried to live chart with them twice and still they won't refund my money back.

pennyo
8/5/15

Nothing more to say - This site is nothing more than a scam, 51.00 a month for resumes - how many damn resumes you think I need? Paid upfront 1? something for the one resume I needed but billed 51.50 for three months before I realized it. Scam Scam

And Anna you can make all the promises and apply all the balm you want its still Scam - Scam Scam Scam - Scam Scam You get One star only because I have to give it in order to post.

Refer your bank to these reviews - Tell your bank that the charges were unauthorised and demand a refund!

Once again why would most people want to subscribe for resumes at $51.00 a month???!!!
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

UPDATE
Anna Give me back my money and I will accept your sorrow - When I saw that you advertised "create free resumes" and then I had to pay $1.95 in order to retreive it at that time I should have clicked away from "LIVECAREER"

Also
Anna How much do they pay you for each foolish comment you post?? As you can see the majority of the people just need help in getting their money back, That and that alone is the only honorable and noble action to put things right, taking peoples money without their consent and knowledge is FRAUD. I did not receive any notification from you people since I paid the $1.95 USD. (FRAUD FRAUD)

kathleenm42
8/4/15

If only I had read the reviews of livecareer.com prior to using it. As others have experienced, I was advised that I could utilize the resume format for 14 days for $1.95. I did not notice the statement that if using a debit card an international fee would be charged. The format was ok, but accessing the program to make edits was difficult. Two weeks later my debit card was charged $39.80 and $1.19 international fee for what the representative says is a subscription I authorized. I did not agree to any continuation but she insisted that the site indicates that unless otherwise cancelled your use is considered a subscription. DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

collins107
8/4/15

This is a bait and switch site. You pay a few bucks up front when you need a resume template. In the fine print is an auto subscription for 40 bucks a month. This site needs to be shut down.

dailyrna
8/3/15

Great help to land that first nursing job.

beec19
8/3/15

So they claim to charge $1.95 for 14 days, but yet charged me $1.97. I was willing to let this go, but after trying to cancel and it not working I was charged $39.95. I called asking for a prorated rate since I was a day late with their glitchy system and wham $29.95 for 6 hours !! Are you $#*!ting me?! Stay away, I think I'm canceling this card too with all the awful experiences below me!

danielc98
8/3/15

easy templates to follow with many choices for every job opportunity you may have. I highly recommend this tool for the serious job seeker.

evanh34
8/3/15

I paid $1.95 for a cover letter 18 months ago and immediately cancelled the account so as to not get further charges. Without checking my account I was charged 34.95 for every month! And I don't even have a resume! I never received a single email to my registered email account to say anything had been paid or auto renewed each month and have had no contact from customer support.

saumyendras
8/3/15

This is the worst online service I have come across in my life. I initially paid for a week which costed me around 123.57 Rs. and I was happy to pay this amount. But out of nowhere without my consent these guys have debited Rs. 2544.80/- from my account today. I was Shocked to get a notification from my bank through SMS. I will NEVER EVER recommend anyone to transact with these guys who are such big non-professionals. I am sincerely requesting to REFUND the whole amount ASAP in my account or else I would require to take serious action against LiveCareer.

marianag1
8/2/15

CAREFULL THEY WILL START BILLING YOU MONEY WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION!!!

lees91
8/1/15

My teenage daughter was trying to build a free resume, followed the link to Livecareer, completed a template and then they wanted to charge $1.95. I was willing to pay this when she asked if she could use my credit card, but I did NOT authorize Livecareer to bill me $50.67 Canadian for the next 6 months!!!!! Over $300.00!! My daughter had gone on line to access the site, and she had received a message that the subscription had been cancelled, so we thought fine..we do not have to do anything else. However, the charges kept coming every month. I went on the Live Chat with Alaine and gave her the last 4 digits of my card number, the date and reference number of the transaction; however, for some reason, they could not find any record of it. I finally spoke with a live person, and he could only refund the last month that had been billed to my card, not the other 6. I told them to look at the activity on the account...there was NOT ANY because she had received a message stating that the subscription had been cancelled!! However, they had not confirmed the cancellation with an email; therefore, their tech department had NO RECORD of it. BEWARE!!!! DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!! And Anne, when you read this review, the only way that you can remedy this situation is to REFUND ALL OF MY MONEY THAT WAS TAKEN WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION!!! My teenage daughter is trying to save money for university and she is working all summer as a lifeguard. She is volunteering at homeless shelters, soup kitchens and with the Salvation Army Food Van to feed the homeless. And there are companies like this who are STEALING money away from her!!!!! Shame on you!! My rating should be negative 10 stars, but that it not an option!

carln13
7/31/15

Don't subscribe to this website, they will steal money from your bank. Stay away from this website.

lizd13
7/31/15

Their resume service was easy to use and best of all easy to cancel the subscription! Very happy

debbieb56
7/31/15

The [program is horrible and they continue to bill you even after you cancel. BEWARE!!!

barrym27
7/31/15

The resume writing part is pretty good, but the billing system they've set up appears to be deliberately designed to fool you. Paying a couple of bucks for a resume is a good deal, but they want you to pay monthly membership fees. It says on their site to cancel after 14 days. I read it, noted it, and cancelled -- or thought I had. Apparently it isn't as easy to quit as I thought. Latest credit card statement has two charges for $39:80. I phoned and they removed one of the charges. Be very careful or you'll pay more than you planned.

pault67
7/31/15

Just wanted a simply CV - which they charged me for. Didn't see the small print that everyone's talking about. All of a sudden more money is disappearing from my account. They don't even have the decency to return my email. DON'T DEAL WITH THEM!!!!

lesliew17
7/30/15

I made one cover letter. I thought it was going to cost me $1.90 as advertised. I was scammed and charge $39.50 because I didn't cancel after 14 days. I had no idea this was the case. I feel so deceived and there customer service line told me that I had made a mistake and they were unable to help me. I hope others can read this and be warned. Don't do it!

tamil11
7/30/15

As everyone has said, $1.95 for s resume and in small print it says you agree to a subscription. I also called regarding these charges and they said too bad. They had no intention of refunding $80.00. I'm going to dispute these charges!!!!! Taking advantage of consumers!!!

lisak30
7/30/15

I wanted to give a heads up that you will likely see a "International POS fee" on your bank statement. Apparently in small print, this was mentioned. They do their banking in the UK. I didn't read the small print.

It is kind of deceiving that they advertise as free resume building. I didn't know it would cost until after spending a lot of time creating my resume and at the end is when you see it'll cost to print or save it. I did not read the terms & conditions beforehand. With that being said, I was able to create & make a copy of my resume.

trishas4
7/30/15

$1.95 for resume. Small print which I didn't see anywhere is $39 a month after 14 days if you do not cancel. Charged me under a different email address. Called them and they would not issue me a refund saying I agreed already. Spoke to supervisor and got no where! Complete BS because I called them a week after the charge. DO NOT GET THEM TO MAKE YOUR RESUME. THERE ARE OTHER COMPANIES WHO WORK WITH INTEGRITY!!!!

brianb128
7/29/15

Run. This is a total scam. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD. They will steal $$$$$.

robertw164
7/28/15

I really liked the service I received from livecareer.com The interface was very easy to use and guided the resume creating process which made for a quick creation. They also glanced over it and offered suggestion to help strengthen. I would recommend this product for anyone who is looking for help making a resume.

natesiab
7/28/15

I just want my $72.10 back that I didn't have!! It really pissed me off that they willing went back into my damn account and took my $$$! I am still in disbelief about this!! I deactivated my account asap but I am not sure if they will still be taking $$$ out my account. I need to go to my credit union asap!! I just want a refund that's it!!

elizas7
7/28/15

Please contact the BBB if you are caught in this scam. They are in file and you WILL get your money back

kellya44
7/27/15

None of the featured worked on the website complete was of money and time!!! Contacted multiple times to cancel my account they said ok and I was still being billed. Used the option to talk to them online said it was canceled still never got email confirmation finally tried calling yet again to wasted 30 minutes of my time and the phones were disconnected. I only then got a response when I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charges! Then they were willing to cancel my account but charge me another month. How thoughtful. Thankfully my creditcard company blocked charges and is refunding me. I'm not one to write reviews but they're a horrible company!

jamiec41
7/27/15

Excellent website. Great for resumes and cover letters. Exact and effective.

sabrinaj8
7/26/15

I only used one time and couldn't even upload the resume I PAID for and I also used it MONTHS ago and just now saw a fee for 39.80 I'm extremely frustrated please I need a refund. That is my hard earned money.

helenb47
7/25/15

I wish I had read these reviews before I started my trial period! The same thing happened to me. You think you have canceled within the trail period based on their online direction and they still charge you $39.80!

kevinh90
7/24/15

They have an automatic subscription renewal service. Pay attention to it. I was charged for an extra month after purchasing a one month service. This site is stupid. I will never pay someone to try to get a job again. What a stupid idea I had...

Good Luck.

oscaro5
7/24/15

Tried this website and not all of the features ever worked. During the trial, and after they charged me the 39 dollars. Never again. Do not recommend. Thought i had cancelled my subscription and they charged me again!

randyo8
7/24/15

I basically had the same service as everyone else on here. Although there are a couple on here who did have a good experience...That is doubtful.. maybe live career hired them to write the review. Bunch of a-holes if you ask me. I have been on the hold now for twenty minutes trying to get a refund. They probably wont get back to me either.... hoping I'll hang up in frustration.Their customer service sucks. They should be ashamed of themselves. By the sounds of it that Anna girl has been quite busy writing apologies for the lousy service.. almost all the reviews have her name on it.

shukorinag
7/23/15

The prices displayed are not correct because they will charge you much more. Within 2 weeks I was charged another $39 and was told that all of their "subscriptions are auto renewing.This is to ensure no interruption in your service." They charged a flat rate for the resume, two weeks later charged $39 and had another $39 scheduled in a couple weekd. TOTAL SCAM, THEY ARE SNEAKY AND TAKE YOUR MONEY!

moniqueh7
7/23/15

This company any had been taking money from my credit card since January 2015 without my knowledge! My daughter went into your site to write a resume so she could get a job for the summer holidays (yes I'm in Australia) and could didn't see anywhere on the site that there would be a continued charge after this... And what the hell is the charge for anyway, what else do they offer. There have been no further emails from you so I don't understand why there is the monthly charge???? I demand a full refund immediately. Please email me before I need to take further action!

Very unhappy

prestonr6
7/22/15

1.95 for resume. Small print which I didn't see anywhere is $39 a month after 14 days if you do not cancel. Charged me under a different email address. Called them and they would not issue me a refund saying I agreed already. Spoke to supervisor who then tried to tell me they can only give me a partial refund because ...it already processed most of the payment???? Complete BS because I called them a week after the charge. DO NOT GET THEM TO MAKE YOUR RESUME. THERE ARE OTHER COMPANIES WHO WORK WITH INTEGRITY!!!!

catherinew22
7/22/15

Helpful online tool to update the look of your resume depending on the type of position you are looking for and to give you hints with your cover letters too. Still takes time to imput the information but once you upload your information you can tweak as you wish and change the format instantly, saving you hours of formating time. If you want to save even more time, get the subscription so you can save all the different formats you want.

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Is the price $1.95 Canadian dollars?
4/21/15
Answer
alanal3
A: Do not use this site!
6/3/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: My daughter used your website on 4/5 for a cover letter. The website said that it would be active for 9-11 days. She tried cancelling but it did not cancel and now she was charged $40. We would like to cancel and get a refund of the $40
4/22/15
Answer
cj135
A: Dont waste your time trying to contact them. I went to my bank and had all future billing refused AND I went to the State Attorney General and reported them.
6/2/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LiveCareer staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
LiveCareer?