US Government's NSF

richardc1

261 Reviews for LiveCareer

▼ Sort by: recent

1/15/14

I was very pleased with the service. When I initially paid the $1.95 charge, they clearly stated that the subscription must be cancelled within 14 days or my account would automatically be charged $39.80 every four weeks. I cancelled the subscription online within the 14 day time frame and am happy to report I had absolutely no problem in doing so. I was also provided a confirmation stating my subscription has been cancelled and also given a cancellation confirmation number. I have printed this for my records.

1/15/14

Just another greedy company designed to take customer's money. The service they provided was not good at all. If you give them your credit/debit card number, they will use it in disgusting ways. Don't fall for it!

1/15/14

They are a joke of a company that makes most of its money its customers not reading the fine print of a confirmation email. They say $1.95 for 14 days but charge 35. If you don't cancel the membership and its hidden in the deep in the confirm.ation email, not even the initial offer. Not even that helpful with your resume either

1/13/14

THIEVES, FRAUDSTERS, CRIMINALS!!! Don't ever give this website payment details, they will steal money from your account!! They do not tell you that they will charge you for their "free" resume/cover letter builder until you try to print or save it. Then they will charge you USD$1.95 for a 14day "trial period". At no time do they ever tell you that they will keep your credit card details and charge you USD$34.95 every 4wks after that. THEY WILL NOT ASK YOUR PERMISSION OR AUTHORISATION BEFORE STEALING MONEY FROM YOU, you will need to cancel your credit card. I have now read other reviews here and see that even after a phone call to cancel an unauthorised subscription LiveCareer have continued to FRAUDULENTLY STEAL MONEY from people... CRIMINALS!!! Anyone in the US should report them to their credit card company and to their local police, and fraud office. STOP THESE CRIMINAL THIEVES!!!!!!

1/12/14

I built my son a resume and paid the initial fee. I thought I had canceled the subscription for service (according to live career rep. I did not) but realized they billed my card for a $1.19 intl. service charge and $39.80 for a recurring payment for service. I contacted rep from live career and was told I didn't cancel subscription, the debit from my card was valid and why don't I just take advantage of having their service. I told rep I must have made a mistake and not canceled but if they could help me solve the issue by canceling service and refunding my money. I also told them I have used their site to build my resume, my daughters and sons but since they refuse to give my money back I will not be using their service anymore. My answer was again... the charge to my account was valid and that my subscription will be canceled.
Poor customer service... I was a recurring customer but no more...hopefully I will not be charged again...AVOID THIS SITE!!!!!

1/12/14

SCAM!!! I tried this website for a "free" resume builder. It took a lot longer than I anticipated. However, I was pleased with the result. I did not think it was worth the fee. But, I decided that a one-time fee of $34.95 wasn't too bad. I logged on to their website on 12-10-2013 after receiving the $34.95 charge and camcelled my subscription. I noticed on 1-10-2014 that I was charged again. I called to cancel it. They claim that is has now been cancelled. They will NOT refund the second charge even though I told them I had cancelled it the month before. I do not recommend this service!

1/10/14

Is it even possible to give no stars! Total waste of time. I was researching how to build a resume when I found this site that said I could build one for "FREE" I then spent hours doing just that only to find out that they wanted to charge me. wt...! so I copied and pasted what I did do and redit into a word document on my own computer. Total time 4.5 hours. Even though I kept the "Free" resume on their site I get nothing but rehashed job posting pulled from other sites, none of which even come close to what's on my resume! Again WT...! Eventually I deleted the resume and deleted the account.

NOTE: there are so many scam sites out there now preying on the unemployed to part with their precious funds all promising to help you find work. HAHAHAHA. You have better luck spending your time researching companies you do want to work for and applying to them directly. Takes as much time as these other presumed job sites all of which seem to post the same jobs anyway. Just remember you should never have to pay anyone to send you job listings. There are enough ways to find them online through reputable venues.

1/3/14

THEY WILL TAKE MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT.

The service is very helpful and I appreciated the resume formats etc, BUT they are very sneaky. They charge an initial $1.95 to your account and then after the 14 day trial period they will "renew" your subscription "hassle-free" for $34.95 UNLESS you cancel your subscription within those 14 days

When I saw the charge on my credit card I called them immediately and complained. Two of their suctomer service representatives hung up on me until the third one put in a Refund Request for me. I'm still waiting to hear back....

Total scam

1/1/14

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE! THEY ARE A TOTAL SCAM AND WILL TAKE OUT MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT YOUR AUTHORIZATION.

12/27/13

*******FRAUD ALERT*******
I purchased a one time resume for 3.95 and then they continued to deduct 34.95 per month as a recurring charge that I never authorized. When I talked to the representative she refused to credit my account stating that I recieved an e-mail stating that they would be deducting 34.95 per month. I NEVER received an e-mail stating this. I will be reporting this site on every web site I can access.

12/27/13

SCAMMERS...Just got off the phone with the most disrespectful woman ever. I paid the $34.95 when I set up the account, after 1 week, called and had membership canceled because I no longer needed the service, then a month later, I get another charge for $34.95 after I have already had account canceled. The awful lady told me that I was lying about calling & canceling & that they would not refund my last $34.95 back to me!!! Are you $#*!ing kidding me!!! I will be reporting them to the BBB & contacting my bank.. BEWARE SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/26/13

Horrible ! Do not give them your credit card information. Even if you cancel before the grace period, they will still continue to charge your credit card & they won't refund your money.

12/23/13

PLEASE DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE TAKE YOUR MONEY!!!! THEY DO NOT REFUND ANYTHING YOU WILL VIEW AS A MISTAKE AND BELIEVE ME, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY !!!!!! I TRIED TO CANCEL WITH THE ON LINE FEATURE THEY SPEAK OF BECAUSE I HAD A SET REMINDER ON MY PHONE TO CANCEL IF I DID NOT USE IT AND I COULDNT CANCEL THAT WAY, NOR COULD I GET ANYONE ON LINE BECAUSE IT WAS SUNDAY. THE VERY NEXT MORNING I CALLED TO CANCEL AND OF COURSE THEY CHARGED ME AND WOULD NOT GIVE ME A REFUND. THIS IS A SCAM!!!!

12/20/13

I signed up for the $2.00 14-day membership, but they charged me an additional $34.95 for I have no idea what

12/20/13

Initially, I thought this company stole my money. They did give me the impression that I pay 7. 50 per month for a service and can cancel anytime, but took 95. 40 from my credit card for a yearly (rather than monthly) subscription. I felt as if I was lied to. However, I called them this morning, and someone picked up the phone in less than two full rings. The lady I spoke to was EXCELLENT. She was kind, and very understanding. She downgraded my subscription, and refunded me 93 dollars. This company is not as bad as first impressions might indicate. I say give them a try. You will hate how the rates are sold to you, but you will love the service.

12/18/13

Been a member for the past three months and this is by far the worst service I have ever paid for. Their formatting is complicated and is not compatible with MS Word. Their customer online is $#*!ty and even worse over the phone. I demanded a refund for last months payment and the $#*! told me impossible so i demanded to speak to a manager and after her telling me that i would receive the same answer I about lost my patients. I was placed on hold for a few minutes only to have the same person come back and tell me that my money was refunded. This is far from the professional company that I expected and would not recommend this $#*!ty service to anyone. My advice is to google resumes and copy their format bc its the same $#*! they have on the site that u pay $35 a month for. They dont even deserve a star. wish I would have read the reviews 1st!!

12/11/13

****FRAUD ALERT**** I visted the .co.uk site and got scammed too. I have now passed the details of this company on to Action Fraud. I am tracing the company owners and will post details here including their home addresses and phone numbers. Luckily they are based in the UK as I am. They are going to get a surprise.

12/10/13

I paid to make one resume. But didn't see that the fine print said that they would charge me each month extra I got 43.50 taken out of my account. This site SHOULD NOT be used EVER. They did not send me an email to let me know of this charge nothing.

12/10/13

Thank God I checked my online banking today; I read all of the fine print when I signed up for the $3 14-day free trial, but somehow missed the fact that LiveCareer would automatically begin charging me $35/month immediately after the trial. I am a poor college student, and it's actually frightening that companies are out there advertising to help with career services at low cost and then have no shame about automatically deducting from your account. $35 is literally what I make in a week as a teaching assistant. Thanks for stealing my paycheck, LiveCareer.

Other than the whole deception thing, LiveCareer's services are great! If they plan to get more business, they ought to be upfront about the fact that they are going to charge you immediately after the trial; perhaps an email notification or something.

GOOD NEWS IF YOU NEED OUT: Call customer service and try all 3 extensions until someone answers the phone (they won't answer if you're not calling to become a new customer - I tried several times). Inform them that you want to cancel your account immediately, and they will send an email notification and stop charging you.

12/7/13

Even though they stole my money but i kinda fell in love with it until it froze on me with the words ''ADOBE FLASH PLAYER SETTINGS- resume.livecareer.com is requesting permission to store information in your computer,,and then i am given the options ALLOW OR DENY,,,but even when i click allow,nothing happens,,it froze and i have job applications to feel out right now.Please can some1 get me a livecareer representative to help me,,to get livecareer active again.ANNA HELP ME,,YOU GUYS ARE STILL CHARGING ME

12/6/13

IT'S SAD that I got caught too and I didn't research the website before I use my card I was TRICK with the FREE TRIAL until I completed my resume and was told I had to pay 2.95 for 14days free trial I did and livecareer was taking 34..95 out of my account from JULY TO NOVEMBER 2013 how can they do that without my permission, I WORKED SUNDAY TO SUNDAY JUST TO SURVIVED THEY NEED TO STP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF they will come a day when they will have no one using their website cause I will use all my POWER to tell the WORLD of their SCAM I NEED BACK MY FULL REFUND AND ANNA B don't comment sh##t on my PAGE JUST GET ME MY FULL REFUND> WORST EXPERIENCE EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR

12/6/13

FREE RESUME?! You can't get something for nothing! I went through the entire process of building a resume from scratch(including going to get my transcript) and then could not print it or save MY resume. When I decided $1.95 wasn't too much(making sure I cancelled account per directions) the transaction wouldn't go through. The following day I got a call from my credit union regarding FRAUD as the company is APPARENTLY based in the UK. I had to call the FRAUD dept. at my credit union to clear that transaction and verify recent activity. STEER CLEAR!

12/4/13

DO NOT EVER USE THIS RESUME BUILDER SERVICE IT IS A TOTAL SCAM, I HAVE BEEN CHARGED 2 MONTHS AT 35.00 EACH MONTH I WENT TO THE WEBSITE AND REQUESTED THEM TO CANCEL THE AUTO WITHDRAWL FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT AND SHE COULDN'T SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL AND WAS A TOTAL SNOT.. I WAS TOLD IF I DIDN'T RECEIVE AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION OF MY REQUEST IT DIDN'T GO THRU WELL I NEVER RECEIVED AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION THAT THEY WERE GOING TO TAKE MONEY FROM ME EACH MONTH EITHER.. I WILL DISBUTE THIS LAST CHARGE WITH MY BANKING INST. NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY I AM GOING TO TELL EVERYONE I POSSIBLE CAN TO AVOID THE EXPERIENCE I HAD...

12/4/13

Whatever you do DO NOT subscribe to this money sucking website. They are complete con-artists! My son went on there as he wanted to get a saturday job and put together a cv that he thought was going to cost him 1.45 pounds. My debit card (I am his mother) keeps being debited with random amounts of money - the latest was for 23 pounds!!! Be warned DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS unless you read the small print! I CANNOT RATE THIS WEBSITE AS THEY ARE CON ARTISTS.

11/25/13

As many others have said, I thought I was paying for 14 days at 3.95 and that was it. I didn't see the fine print that it doesn't end it charges 34.95 with no notifications to your email after the initial 3.95. I am sorry to say, I thought it was a professional cost for my spouse (didn't recognize it) for several months before I realized what was happening. Tried to ask for refund(since I never went back on the site) of course they did not. So $140 for 1 page barely useable résumé and I am sick over the scam I just was a part of. (Oh and there is a foreign transaction charge so I am assuming this is an Indian site or some othe 3rd world country with no BBB consumer advocate to try and police the ripoff companies)

11/25/13

This site is a criminal business, it cheat customers and charge them that sum which was never discussed at the beginning when they invite you for building the resume.

11/24/13

My wife agreed to pay $3 for a resume, but did nor read the fine print. We were hit with a $35 recurring fee. This sucks.

11/23/13

I read and knew what was coming, but planed to cancel in the 2 week time frame... oops but apparently I did not... There went $40

Difficult to set up the Resume, more so to download it to your computer for printing.

When I tried to cancel they asked if I wanted a Cover Letter package for another $34.95 .... REALLY ?? MY first $40 does not get me a cover letter ?

I have to tell you I believe its a scam to charge $2.95 for 2 weeks and $36
for the next two weeks. Basically $40 a month for this program.
I could buy software at Walmart to do this same thing for half the price and
keep the software forever.

11/22/13

total scam! I built one resume for 2.95 and now they steal 34.95 from me every month!@!!*(& THEY WILL NOT FIX THIS!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/15/13

Livecareer is a SCAM, I thought I was paying for a one off $2.95 resume. The
SCAM is in the fine print, which I did not see (apparently like a lot of other people) because it is not obvious (very underhanded and rude). I like some other people get 3 monthly bank statements, this is when I discovered the deception, $34.95/ month was being taken from me by livecareer. I e-mailed immediately and cancelled. They e-mailed back to confirm cancellation. I have tried to e-mail them back 5 separate times (Civilised e-mails), but have had no response. This is b/s, and I want my money back form these fraudsters. A lot of people using this service are looking for a job, and don't have money to throw away on scam artists. I expect a response along the lines of - Thanks for your response. People don't like to be treated like fools.

11/13/13

They have different templates available, but after you download, it loses its original formatting if you want to make any changes. Therefore, it is NOT user-friendly and requires a LOT of time spent trying to get edits to appear in original format.

11/12/13

what a ripoff this website is, If you use it once and do not read the fine print, they keep charging you $35 every month. They will not refund you your money. DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANYTHING.

11/9/13

Bait and Switch. Just another hack company gauging the public under the guise of "FREE" Looking to pay a fair price for a fair product, not with LiveCareer!!

Buyer Beware!!

11/8/13

This website does not clearly state that you will be charged to print or download the resume that you may have spent a lot of time figuring out how to do on their template and setting up your resume. What happens is you use their template to create a resume and then after all of the work you do you go to print it or download it and another window comes up charging you to do so. It's not worth the trouble.

11/7/13

This website is a total scam and you WILL be charged even after you cancel your subscription well in advance of the cancellation date! I spoke with a customer service representative who informed me of a "confirmation number" I should have received while discontinuation of the service. Said "confirmation number" or email did not exist and I was still charged for service which was is indeed canceled in a timely manner! SCAM

10/30/13

I just used this last night and spent a lot of time creating a resume. It seemed good so far. Got to the screen where you need to pay and read the options. I don't need the monthly services so I purchased the $2.95 14 day full access. They say if you cancel before those 14 days you will not be charged the monthly subscription of $34.95. That's ok for me.

Next morning I log in to try and edit my resume and the website is so unstable. I can't access my resume or cover letter. I get a 404 page not found problem. Good thing I downloaded my resume last night or I would've lost everything. I also cannot access my settings to cancel so I don't get charged.

(UPDATE) I just switched browsers and everything is fine. Firefox was bugging out and IE worked)

After reading these reviews, I am worried that this website is scamming others out of money. How come I can't even read my account information? All I can do is wait and see if I don't get charged.

(UPDATE) After switching to IE and gaining access again made sure to cancel. I received the confirmation letter. Upping this from a 1 star to a 3. If I get charged then it will become a 1.

10/20/13

Horrible scam. Who would knowingly pay $34.95 per month for a resume service? My teenage son searched for "free resume" help and came upon this site. He thought he was agreeing to pay $2.95. He was charged several months for the unused subscription before it was cancelled. It cost him more for the "free resume" service than he earned at the summer job he got as a result.

10/17/13

I just used this quickly to format a resume to fax. It seemed good enough for what I needed it for. I was aware of the $2.95 charge and it has already shown up on my online credit card transactions page. I cancelled this within an hour after signing up, and so I have cancelled **well within the 14-day "Resume Builder 14 day Full Access" period** So STAY TUNED! If I get any further charges from this service, it is indeed a ripoff/scam, and if I don't, then apparently it works OK if you follow all their instructions about cancelling.

10/17/13

I was just looking for a free template. After I worked for hours on a resume-I got to the page where you had to pay. After working that hard I went ahead and gave them my credit card information. Then found out there was a monthly fee. It took me hours more just to get the account closed. This is a scam. Don't fall for it

10/16/13

Biggest scam going, same deal as everybody else paid$2.95 for resume templates for two weeks , then had $37.05 stolen from my a/c just spoke to my bank and I have to shut my a/c to fully protect myself from them. Same deal not working left me with 48 cents . Do not use this site they are thieves,

Pat O

10/16/13

called customer care today and asked them that I did not authorized the charges, i was charged $2.99 for 14 days but never said anything that they will charged their my account after. I will dispute the charges and will make sure to tell everyone not to use their service. Such a scam!!!!!!!!!!!! I will report this to BBB and other agency... people be aware and read the fine lines!!! So sick!!!!

10/16/13

DONT TRUST THIS WEBSITE, YOU WILL GET SCAMMED!!
i had to write a CV for a job so i used this website to make it, i paid £1.95 just to download my CV onto my USB stick. recently i checked my bank i had £60 and i took £25 out. i went to take out another £10 for college but it said i only had £9.97, so i rang my mum and explained the situation and she rang the bank and they said that this company has been taking my money! they willl keep doing this so i had to take all the money out of my account and then block my account and apply for a new one!
PLEASE DONT USE THIS WEBSITE, YOU WILL GET SCAMMED!!

10/13/13

It is great to use for the 2 week subscription, but in the beginning I didn't even know there was a charge at all for using their services. I paid the 2.95 which wasn't a huge deal since I already made the damn resume- yep, you are sent into a great resume' building frenzy and go to print it and SUBSCRIBE NOW info comes up. I did see the cancel notification to not get the 34.95 charge and made myself a note. Well, as a single parent in school and working, it slipped my mind and I tried calling the number immediately when I saw a pending charge. The number wouldn't get through to anyone so thankfully they had a chat option. After I explained I used it for a homework assignment, do not need the services and I can not afford it in my situation, the rep typed out fabricated answers on the great benefits and then I got upset. Next they typed out, "Okay, I have cancelled your subscription and there will be no further charges", nothing about the ability to refund me. I was getting more upset and asked them to have someone call me immediately because I need the money for gas and groceries and now if I have this then I pay for something I am not using. They said they could only help via chat and a minute or two later finally said they refunded me. So eventually they solved my problem, but not before repeating 3 x's I can not afford it nor do I require their services and asking that someone call me. MISLEADING the first moment it lets you set up a resume' before giving you subscription information. I should have known better.

10/13/13

livecareer charged for month subscription without my confirmation and did not even sent any notification. Service is not good. Nothing special.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO USE THIS WEB SITE!

10/13/13

I too got scammed by this web site. I DID cancel my account within 24 hours and was charged anyway. I will be fighting this charge and filing a complaint. When I spoke to customer service, I was told I cancelled too late. That is a blatant lie. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!!

10/11/13

This site is a rip off. They take your credit card and keep charging. It should be a one time fee but it is not, they charge and charge with nothing in return. Guess what you can create a resume on any computer. save your money.

10/11/13

They withdrew $36.00 automatically three times in less than one month and a half! They are no better than common criminals!
Stay away.

10/9/13

I cancelled my subscription with them almost immediately after signing up as they were not delivering what was promised. Then, to boot, they stole $34.95 out of my account and when I approached them about it they act like they have no idea why I've been charged and say," could it be your other account with us?" First of all, there is no other account and I want my money back NOW!! I am unemployed you idiots, that was why I was going to use your service, to prepare and send out resumes to FIND A JOB!!!!!!
Colleen I.

10/4/13

I don't think it was clear that this was an automatic renewal on this site. I was unable to cancel online and now have a second charge on my account. I called customer service. What a joke. Evidently the customer service representatives don't speak english so that you will just give up.

10/3/13

Worst $#*! site imaginable. Had a very hard time getting my resume after paying the fee. I had to fight customer service for over an hour just to get them to e-mail it to me because the site didnt work. I needed the resume for a job interview. Grrrrr!

About LiveCareer
Specialties & Business Description
LiveCareer provides resume building tools, resume templates and cover letter samples, as well as career tests and job listings.
Meet the Business Representative