US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 84 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 51 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 20 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

laraf3
12/14/14

I also am one of the consumers that got duped into the $39.80 payment. I think that it is a shameful business practice to advertise a quick, easy and cheap start-up, and then conveniently charge close to forty dollars two weeks later.
I remember no blatant statements of the need to cancel upon my checkout, and I absolutely saw no statement of the extreme amount that would be charged. There is NO SERVICE that this website can provide that is worth the monthly charge.

I am highly disappointed and feel used by this company. I guess it's just another way for big companies to suck money from busy in-need people.

Tip for consumers: I would never recommend this company- find another way.

charquelj
12/13/14

I felt that your resume and cover letters were very easy to follow and the additional information provided to incorporate on the resumes were helpful. Thank you for sharing your expertise.

logans27
12/13/14

If you are searching for a one time resume or even a way to build your resume I would steer WAY clear of this company. I have never experienced a more shady company when it comes to their costumer values. The website says free, and then once you have your entire resume built and you need it in five minutes for a college class then you find out you must pay $2 to even print off your resume. That is not a big deal because whatever its only 2 bucks. But then you go on with your life and you get a FORTY DOLLAR charge to your debit card. FORTY DOLLARS. I don't care what you claim you are doing for me, $40 is ridiculous. Secondly, when you realize this and immediately contact them saying you have never used and don't intend on using their services, they send you a copy and paste pre-written script responses combating every email you send them talking about how they have "every right to charge you." They have scripts for how to tell off unhappy costumers!?? On top of this they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee which they obviously don't follow through with because otherwise they would be broke. They didn't even let me speak to their supervisor because "we clearly state in the contract that if you want the $40 service to check this box and we mention several times." If that were true then the box had to have been checked automatically in the first place and the text clearly had to be microscopic. So basically this company will find a way to take your weeks worth of grocery money and keep it to themselves. Terrible company practices. Based on the numerous bad reviews online I can tell you guys feel the same way.

Tip for consumers: If you don't want to pay $40 a month and have to deal with the headache of speaking to these people I wouldn't even click on their site. I'm sure they would find some way to justify charging you a dollar a click with the way they do business.

sheilal11

Good I got a job!

markg93
12/11/14

Very good experience costumer service was very helpful will recommend to friends an family

sandipanc
12/11/14

I have never had a worse experience. Having money deducted from my account without my express approval. I had just taken the trial version for livecareer which I paid $1.95 for. Even if you say the subscription is automatically renewed, my debit card information is confidential which cannot be used without my express approval. Before deducting any money from my account you should check with me first. I have already cancelled the subscription as soon as I saw @39.80 had been deducted from my account. I tried mailing you guys numerous times for the refund of the amount deducted. All I have gotten is a Ticket no.: LTK121930973638X and that my subscription has been cancelled. I am yet to get a refund.

kidisant
12/11/14

it was excellent service thank you

johnk137
12/11/14

Wow what a great site. I have not needed to do a resume in over 13 years. I have just changed professional careers, and your site made it a seamless process to get my new resume done. Outstanding job to you and your team and I will definitely refer others to your site. thanks for a great experience.

victoriaw15
12/10/14

It sounded as a wonderful web site but before choosing it said that this was a FREE resume builder. then when I finished my resume it would let me print it or download it unless I paid That is what I call FAUSE advertising. Then it made me put in my credit at different intervals to get my work. Please make sure my account is cancled and that I don't get charged twice. thanks it really is a good resume formats though just need some work else where and the online help is ALWSOME

johnb344
12/9/14

Quick and easy to use. The resume provided by the site helped me to get the job I was after. THANK YOU very much

lisad65
12/8/14

I was very impressed with this site, It took the guess work out of building a resume and a cover letter. I have tried several other sites and found them to be difficult to use. This site could not have been more user friendly.
I haver referred several people to the site and will continue to do so.

carolm63
12/8/14

Supportive but did have problems with cruising through your templates and then big problem was picked up with popups and ads. Took my tech support 5 1/2 hours to get rid of it all and then I had to buy another firewall and security app to keep the computer safe. I understand how some of these things can happen, but now a little leery of going to the internet for any templates. We did save the Resume to a PDF but still having problems editing. My daughter did help so I could clean up the CV/resume. Again one has to be so careful.

lisas125
12/6/14

Very easy, very professional.

gerryd8

So Easy to use! Great program

gavinm16
12/6/14

Excellent, prompt, polite, and responsive.

daniciab
12/6/14

For years I have been applying for jobs, with a resume and cover letter I had created myself. I thought it was very professional, yet I was never getting even so much as an interview. I signed up to get help with my resume, and my cover letter, and that same day my inbox became flooded with new job offers. I highly recommend this company to help get you on the right track. I know I will be using them in the future if need be. Thank you for everything!

bonniem35
12/6/14

Update! :) ---- My initial experience was very unsatisfactory as I requested a refund and was denied my request after I was unable to cancel my account when I initially tried to, however, I was persistent and emailed them back immediately and they did issue me the refund I requested. I would suggest acting on this as immediately as I did however, because this is a legitimate debit from your account. I started the process the very day it came out of my account.

I used the site for a promotion and was happy to pay the single charge for the use of the templates however I couldn't cancel my subscription when I wanted to because "somehow" the buttons wouldn't work and then was charged the renewal fee. When I disputed the fee, I was told it was a valid charge and then magically my subscription was cancelled, What a scam!

Tip for consumers: I emailed them back after they emailed to tell me they wouldn't refund my money and they did eventually refund my payment. So I at least got my money back.

amandas67
12/5/14

This was a great website recommended to me by my mom. I did the 2 week trial and updated my resume using different formats and really liked how it plugged in and you could edit from there. I will recommend LiveCareer to anyone looking to update their resume or get ideas on how to. Thanks again!!

ahmodg
12/5/14

Livecareer did an outstanding job..... I would do 10 star if it was available.

grantc21
12/5/14

Its was very simple to use. It got me the results I wanted.

byrony
12/5/14

While technically legal, LiveCareer's practices are far from ethical. They offer a very good resume-building service for which they charge $1.95 to download. That's fine. They also offer to share your resume with potential employers for just under $40/month, which I wasn't willing to pay. So, I cancelled my service online immediately because all I wanted was to print it off.
That's where the lack of ethics was displayed. They didn't send me a confirmation email (which you need for a debit card dispute if you hope to get your money back). I didn't think much of it and didn't take time to double check. Weeks later, I checked my bank statement to find that I had, indeed been charged the nearly $40. I called them and then my bank and they were unable to recover my money.
This is a poor, poor business practice from a company I would have otherwise had a good experience with.

***********************************************

After I posted this review, LiveCareer contacted me and refunded me. I guess if you complain in public, there is hope you'll get your money back

Tip for consumers: Confirm that cancellation email!

janicei
12/4/14

Easy to use, create your resume, print, save, everything you need. Especially if you just don't know where to start. Also very easy to cancel subscription once you get the job and don't need it anymore.

charlest31
12/2/14

it was great easy simple and the people were very courteous as a result I got a job thank you

ligitas
11/30/14

Thank You !!! It was very helpful.

samb106
11/30/14

This company are so busy delaying peoples requests to unsubscribe from paid serbices that they cant even unsubscribe my email form their mailing lists.
I never used that email address to subscibe to any emails. I never had a terms and services box to tick or untick, and they should not be sending me spam or selling my email details on to other spamming companies. The unsubscribe doesnt work, but that is probably because I ever subscribed in the first place.

The people in this customer service department are clearly deliberately obtuse, as I dont believe anyone is that unintelligent. I cant imagine a company where 99% of the customer services repeatedly fail to answer a question or report a problem or complaint.
It is terrible that companies are allowed to continue ignoring customer requests and all I can do is continue making complains until they stop, althout I am delighted to find that many people have complaints throughout the internet, and the god reviews on this site appear so stadard and contrived I have trouble beliving they are real, given that most of the reviews are eithet 1 star or 5 star. Everyone should avoid companies with reviews like that.

Now, I appreciate that some peoples complains are regarding their difficulties cancelling an automatic repeat subscription ontheir credit card, and there are many companies teaching daft young people this valuable lesson in not giving credit card details for free trials. But the point must be considered, THIS is one of those companies, they dont care, they will drag your problem out as long as possible to keep taking your money.

I suggest you all get together and pay for one lawyer and deal with it all at once. You should be able to get al the money back from the date you notified them to cancel, no matter how long they drag things out for. And once an official decision has been made, and publicised on the internet, many more customers who had given up will be able to laim their money back aswell. You should all make it as difficult for the company as they have for you.

Tip for consumers: Do not use livecareer.com. The customer service department is run by imbeciles who will refuse to help.

denisem28
11/29/14

Great website would highly recommend

chelseab6
11/29/14

I was easily able to build a great resume that got me a job within one day.

kateh16
11/29/14

The resume templates were alright, but was charged $46 to use them because of their auto renew feature. Contacted to cancel service and get a refund, as I didn`t have any further need of the site and wont be needing any of the other features they offer, and was told it was a `valid`charge.

Overall, wish I`d used a different site. That`s an inordinate amount of money to download your resume. Perhaps a billing method that focused on how people use the site, instead of how long it takes them to cancel their subscription might be a better business practice... But I guess that`s how they make their money.

tricial4
11/28/14

The site was easy to use with helpful suggestions to help you create a better resume.

michelleh35
11/28/14

The initial page states free resume but when you have taken all the time typing in your info etc. when you get to the end it says there is a charge. I chose the 1.95 charge just so I could print one copy. Then I called and canceled. It puts out a great product. My resume looks very nice and it was easy to make, but I don't like the bate and switch tactic. It worked on me as I am sure it works on a lot of people.

phengv
11/28/14

The bottom line is that it helped me create the best resume ever. Thanks!

debrar10
11/28/14

It was user friendly and helped me focus on what I needed to write on my resume!

shaquandar

IT WAS GOOD.

sharonj19
11/27/14

My experience was Good! I was already employed but used the site to update my resume for an Internal Management position I was applying for and I believe that it helped me get my resume looking Top Quality! It was easy to use and had a good diversity of templates to get me on the right track. I got the promotion!!!

bobbyp11
11/27/14

This website was so easy and fast! I got my resume and cover letter done in no time. This is a GREAT help!

leisaj
11/27/14

Created a resume and cover letter in about 2 hours. It would have taken me days without this software. I applied for a promotion and my boss was impressed with my resume. I got the promotion!

royj13
11/26/14

my experience with livecareer was very positive and it was very helpful in helping me get hired.

melissas45
11/26/14

Great website, very easy to use. I created a resume for my stepson that was professional and overall awesome! Customer Service was very accommodating and easy to communicate with.

morgans24
11/26/14

Fast, Efficient and Thorough. I enjoyed having the different options for templates, saving formats and the extras for my resume to be reviewed by a professional!
Thank you Live Career!

sahrinag
11/25/14

Wonderful. It is super easy and chat people are always nice.sa

weix
11/24/14

It was so quick and convenience。

danielh68
11/24/14

fast , professional and great customer service................found a job on first interview .........thanks to the resume from live career

tammyp12
11/24/14

Used the site to create my "free resume" that cost me $1.95 to print. Did not realize there was going to be another fee after 14 days. On the 15th, they charged my card nearly $40 for services I never used and had no intention to use. Sent them a request to cancel and get a refund and they said too bad. You had 14 days. Sorry, Sorry, Sorry business. Don't trust. Never saw a business that would not give you back your money if you were unhappy or complained about their business practice to charge you after your free trial was up, and not give you any time to cancel.

Tip for consumers: Dont use.

ronb41
11/23/14

Awesome site, thanks

lauras67
11/23/14

Very positive. The resume builder and cover letter were easy to use and edit. I found the library of typical job duties and responsibilities very helpful in creating a professional resume. I would definitely use again.

lorraines13
11/22/14

The experience with Live Career was magnificent. It made the process of thinking so much at ease. The ideas are beyond my expectations. If you do not have any ideas on how to start a resume, especially being in the same job for a long period of time. I highly recommend Live Career website.

desireev
11/22/14

STILL NO RESPONSE FROM LIVE CAREER ABOUT DEDUCTING MONEY ILLEGALLY FROM MY ACCOUNT.
I WILL BE BLOCKING THEM FROM MY ACCOUNT AND SUBMITTING A FRAUD APPLICATION WITH MY BANK. I HAVE THE PROOF THAT I CANCELLED AND EMAILED THEM.
I NEVER RECEIVED AN EMAIL STATING IT WAS A SUBSCRIPTION.
I EMAILED THEM AFTER I CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT ONLINE ADVISING THAT IT WAS CANCELLED AND THEY HAD NO RIGHT TO DEDUCT ANY MORE MONEY. I DID THIS TWICE. BUT THEY STILL HAVE TAKEN OUT MONTHLY PAYMENTS. I WILL CONTINUE TO BLAST THEM OVER THE INTERNET UNTIL I GET REFUNDED FOR THE CHARGES TO MY ACCOUNT.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlottec5
11/22/14

Very easy to use...very helpful...

kimv12
11/22/14

Web site is very user friendly and provides many options resume types to fit whatever format you are looking for.

tanyam11
11/21/14

Great, very efficient and professional.