US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kellyw14

And the customer service is great, you're just too dumb to even listen to what the reps are telling you. (in 83 reviews)

ashleighe1

No idea why people don't read before they pull out their credit card. (in 50 reviews)

charliem38

The site clearly tells you(multiple times) that after 14 days it will automatically renew. (in 20 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bobbyp11
11/27/14

This website was so easy and fast! I got my resume and cover letter done in no time. This is a GREAT help!

leisaj
11/27/14

Created a resume and cover letter in about 2 hours. It would have taken me days without this software. I applied for a promotion and my boss was impressed with my resume. I got the promotion!

royj13
11/26/14

my experience with livecareer was very positive and it was very helpful in helping me get hired.

melissas45
11/26/14

Great website, very easy to use. I created a resume for my stepson that was professional and overall awesome! Customer Service was very accommodating and easy to communicate with.

morgans24
11/26/14

Fast, Efficient and Thorough. I enjoyed having the different options for templates, saving formats and the extras for my resume to be reviewed by a professional!
Thank you Live Career!

sahrinag
11/25/14

Wonderful. It is super easy and chat people are always nice.sa

weix
11/24/14

It was so quick and convenience。

danielh68
11/24/14

fast , professional and great customer service................found a job on first interview .........thanks to the resume from live career

tammyp12
11/24/14

Used the site to create my "free resume" that cost me $1.95 to print. Did not realize there was going to be another fee after 14 days. On the 15th, they charged my card nearly $40 for services I never used and had no intention to use. Sent them a request to cancel and get a refund and they said too bad. You had 14 days. Sorry, Sorry, Sorry business. Don't trust. Never saw a business that would not give you back your money if you were unhappy or complained about their business practice to charge you after your free trial was up, and not give you any time to cancel.

Tip for consumers: Dont use.

ronb41
11/23/14

Awesome site, thanks

lauras67
11/23/14

Very positive. The resume builder and cover letter were easy to use and edit. I found the library of typical job duties and responsibilities very helpful in creating a professional resume. I would definitely use again.

lorraines13
11/22/14

The experience with Live Career was magnificent. It made the process of thinking so much at ease. The ideas are beyond my expectations. If you do not have any ideas on how to start a resume, especially being in the same job for a long period of time. I highly recommend Live Career website.

desireev
11/22/14

STILL NO RESPONSE FROM LIVE CAREER ABOUT DEDUCTING MONEY ILLEGALLY FROM MY ACCOUNT.
I WILL BE BLOCKING THEM FROM MY ACCOUNT AND SUBMITTING A FRAUD APPLICATION WITH MY BANK. I HAVE THE PROOF THAT I CANCELLED AND EMAILED THEM.
I NEVER RECEIVED AN EMAIL STATING IT WAS A SUBSCRIPTION.
I EMAILED THEM AFTER I CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT ONLINE ADVISING THAT IT WAS CANCELLED AND THEY HAD NO RIGHT TO DEDUCT ANY MORE MONEY. I DID THIS TWICE. BUT THEY STILL HAVE TAKEN OUT MONTHLY PAYMENTS. I WILL CONTINUE TO BLAST THEM OVER THE INTERNET UNTIL I GET REFUNDED FOR THE CHARGES TO MY ACCOUNT.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlottec5
11/22/14

Very easy to use...very helpful...

kimv12
11/22/14

Web site is very user friendly and provides many options resume types to fit whatever format you are looking for.

tanyam11
11/21/14

Great, very efficient and professional.

bettyek
11/21/14

great customer service, great assistance with my resume

yungjungc
11/21/14

I just want to use the site once to build my resume. I did know I will be charged $1.95 for trial. That is fine. BUT after 1 month I found out they charged me $39.98 automatically. However, I cancel the account on the same day when I found out the truth. But they do not let me get refund. They claimed that I have been used their service for 1 month. They charged $9 something for one week. Oh really, then why they don't charge weekly but monthly? They actually know customer will not notice their sneaky statement for the trail but fraud customers money. If you want to try this site remember to cancel their service at the same day. Really, who will use resume builder for whole month. Just another way to fraud ppl money.

***UPDATE***
After posting this review about company on this website, they contacted me through the e-mail and refunded me $39.98. I am happy to get my money back and would like to thank to whoever issue me the refund. However, I wish the company would issue me a refund when I called them at first time. Overall, I just want to say that I am happy to get my money back. I edit the rating since I get the refund.

Tip for consumers: If you want to charge people automatically please send them reminder asking if they want to pay for the service.

paulines5
11/20/14

I was very pleased with your site. It was easy to use and I completed the resume in record time. Resumes are always a pain, but your tools made it a lot less painful. I would definitely recommend your site to friends and associates. The only thing I had a problem with was downloading a copy that could be capture in MS Word. The resume gets jumbled. The PDF is fine but I also needed a copy that could be adjusted in the future. I worked it out eventually but it could have been easier if it had been Word compatible.

kristinam7
11/20/14

I was really having a hard time being considered for interviews for new employment after being let go from my previous job of 6 years…. I posted my "what I thought was an Excellent Resume" because my great background experience and college degree, with all Major Job websites, contacts and recruiters. After numerous times being told to send an updated resume..I knew I needed HELP ASAP!! LiveCareer's easy step by step online Resume and Cover Letter makers, helped me Land the Job I was looking for in less than 2 weeks! Best $1.95 I ever spent.

christinam27
11/19/14

BEWARE!!! I just reviewed my bank statement and realized that LiveCareer had charged me almost $40.00. I didn't realize that that was going to be automatically charged and I am very very upset. I had no intention of having an on going membership and was just interested in the trial. I am unemployed at the moment (stay at home mom) and am ready to get back into the work force and can not afford the $40.00 charge, this charge overdrew my account and now I am really screwed. I feel like it was a very sneaky trick that they pulled. Also I didn't even realize it had been 2 weeks since I sign up. Also $40 is not worth the service provided even if I wanted the membership (which I don't) I am very disappointed and now out of money that I couldn't afford. I feel scammed, I would not recommend this site even for the trial. BEWARE

Tip for consumers: I do not recommend!

annt19
11/17/14

I just wanted to use the site one-time, from the usage I thought I was one time but without noticing I apparently subscribed to a monthly subscription of 40 dollar that is taken from my credit card.
WATCH OUT FOR THIS ONE !!!

nicholasb20
11/15/14

DON'T waste your time or money! The $1.95 for the first 14 days is not bad at all. When it comes to the $39.80 for 1 month now that's when it gets ridiculous!!! All the bugs in the program like it constantly changing my city and state where I was employed, not being able to save it anywhere or transfer it to MS word etc. I thought this was really going to help me as I just got out of the navy but I am now realizing it was a complete waste of time and money!!! PLEASE PICK A DIFFERENT WEBSITE!!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT!!

erick247
11/12/14

You need to read the fine print very carefully. I unfortunately did not. The site says 'cancel at any time,' not 'cancel at any time but we'll keep all of your money,' which would be a bit more honest. Too bad, it's not a bad site.

Tip for consumers: Don't sign up for more than one month at a time.

lisas122
11/11/14

Avoid this website! They have you pay a nominal fee (a few dollars) to download your resume, but add you onto a $40/month subscription at the same time that auto renews. They claim this is very clearly laid out, but it is not - considering the other people who have had the same problem, they obviously have a very loose idea of what very clearly laid out is. Even going to their website, I could not find out what this subscription was for. Plus - $40/month for a resume building site?? Who honestly believes they get a $40/month value out of a resume building site? A very dishonest way of duping people who are quite obviously seeking employment out of their money. I am extremely dissatisfied and I will be sure to tell everyone I know, as well as random internet sites such as this how displeased I am with their dishonest and shady practices. Better Business Bureau is next on my list of those to contact.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use.

catherinea5
11/9/14

This is my 3rd time using Live Career. the 1st was ok as I am a little slow on a computer, the 2nd was better as I got more familiar, well this 3rd time I truly took my time on all the words and used the tips and 1 week later I can finally say I have a job..This 3rd time I did the cover letter too and I guess that really helped.

Thanks Again
Happy User

kevins86
11/9/14

THANKS WORKS GREAT

laural43
11/8/14

Excellent...This site was easy to use, I found quality material. I was able to make and download my resume and cover which were formatted in a professional and appealing manner. I actually got a good job within a week of submitting my resume.
Thank you, I would recommend this site to anyone looking for employment.

emilyb30
11/8/14

Livecareer.com has been an awesome experience for me. I don't really know much about making resumes, but the website walked me through everything step by step and ended up helping me make a job winning resume. Not only was I very pleased with the help I got just from the step by step pop ups and suggestions they also had great examples for me to go off of and whenever I was finished I sent it out and had 4 job offers in less than 24 hours of completing and sending out my resume, and here I am 4 days later loving my new job, and I owe it all to Livecareer.com. Not to mention when I was ready to cancel my subscription the people in the live chat were very helpful and very respectful of my needs, they got it taken care of right away as well as sending me a conformation of the cancellation and a detailed copy of our conversation JUST to be sure that I wouldn't get charged again and if I did then there would be no issue refunding my money and resolving the problem. 5***** Very highly recommended for people in the workforce trying to start fresh with a new resume or people who are just simply trying to revise an old one. Livecareer,com has something for everyone.

kelseyo1
11/7/14

I signed up for a trial subscription in September and created a few resumes. I really liked the site until I realized all its sneaky tactics. It automatically renewed my subscription at the end of October for a whopping $39.80 without so much as a courtesy email that I was involved in a subscription. I thought I signed up for a trial and am suddenly paying $40 bucks without my knowledge. Not to mention when I go to cancel my subscription it employs sneaky tactics saying my resumes and cover letters will be unavailable if I cancel. Extremely disappointed in my experience. Please be aware when signing up!

Tip for consumers: Be aware of the sneaky tactics!

stacyl29
11/7/14

Very helpful in building a resume after a long gap. Great format and font choices and excellent suggestions. Didn't take advantage of full service but could potentially be very useful to a a client

oludareo
11/7/14

Your site was easy to navigate. I used it to write my resume and a cover letter. Your system made both so easy.

patriciaa22
11/7/14

It was easy to use LiveCareer and it helped me create a resume that looked professional and well organized. I will recommend you to family and friends. Thank you for this wonderful service! I got my job! :)

ronaldm47
11/7/14

Great service got my resume updated and found a job really fast .

junettaj
11/7/14

Made my resume writing so much easier! Had trouble logging in one time, but a customer service agent solved the problem.

aqeela1
11/6/14

LiveCareer is an amazingly easy way to create a professional looking resume on your own. Its super easy to use, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to build an awesome resume that would 'wow' your employer.

rheal1
11/6/14

good

louiseg22
11/6/14

Fairly awesome! You certainly know the right words; the site is so easy to navigate. Helpful examples also -- thanks! I got the job I was looking for. I was so happy to have my resume look and read so professional -- very impressive. Thank you! Yes, I would certainly recommend LiveCareer -- even your "chat" folks are so kind, patient, and helpful.

tammyh12
11/5/14

i am very pleased with the website. it was very user friendly

maureeng4
11/2/14

Having logged on to the Resume site. I found it very user friendly. I will be telling family and friends all about Live Career Resume Site.
Thank You.

julier19
11/1/14

Live Career helped me build the perfect resume to obtain the career of my dreams! Highly recommend!!

gustavoh6
11/1/14

I could not have gotten the job I have wanted for years without your service. thank you, thank you, thank you.

sylviap5
10/31/14

Very easy and pleasant customer service. Love everything they offer! I would definitely recommend LiveCareer to those looking to create an awesome resume.

leslieg17
10/30/14

I love LiveCareer. Creating my resume was quick and easy. The suggestion tools and format options were extremely helpful. I GOT THE JOB! My employer said that he loved my resume, and frankly so do I.

Thank you.

robertw117
10/29/14

Very user friendly interface to organize info on my resume and the ability to save in different file formats a plus.

felliciaw
10/28/14

If was good better than speaking to a live person

rongjuant
10/28/14

It's really an amazing web, it gives me great ideas about how to create a CV and cover letter. Now I've good my job in L'Oreal. Thanks you guys!

teresab22
10/28/14

Excellent! I made a very professional looking resume and got a job. Thanks!

anthonym86
10/28/14

Great tools to structure my resume! I was told in my interview that my resume was very well organized and I should be very proud of it, a few days later I was offered the job!

edwardj16
10/28/14

LiveCareer makes creating a resume very simple.