US Government's NSF

admin@listia.com

125 Reviews for Listia.com

▼ Sort by: recent

12/12/13

I have been a member for almost 2 years . I have won some great items and given away many great items. There are always bad apples that spoil things , but you have to be smart and read the listings and comments . I have had a couple of bad sellers not follow through , but you get that on any auction site. Ebay has scammers and fraudulent sellers as well. Most often the ones who complain are the ones who were suspended for violation the rules, *They are sent an email with the reason for suspension . I love Listia and will continue to be on there offering my items and winning more great things.

12/12/13

Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch!Sure there are some fraudulent or down right rude sellers, but that's ANY site you go on!

With their policy, it's easy to win back credits if they were lost because of seller not following through. Likewise if you have a problem with a winner, they hear your side of the story. The Moderators and Administrators are very knowledgeable of the policies and their customer service is GREAT!!! There are people on here complaining about suspeneded accounts and credits being revoked---it's simple READ THE RULES and FOLLOW THEM.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT. They are super fast and helpful when you need them! If you would just utilize them you would not have suspended accounts.

Also, people need to realize that with the amount of auctions to staff ratio, there are some that slip through the cracks that shouldn't that happens.Read the rules, play nice, make friends, ask questions when you need to, and if you want to be negative don't blame a company for someone's elses deeds!

12/7/13

never respond to member support tickets, they just close them and ignore you...
if you do complain, they make you wait several hours if not days before letting your auction complete.
horrible customer service

11/22/13

I thought, at first, this website was such a wonderful concept. If every item you bid on is free shipping, then it truly is "free" bc you never exchange currency. Now, the problem I've had so far, I am new to the site, I had the 3,000 credits so thought ok, I'll bid on some stuff. I won altogether a scarf, nothing fancy and was free shipping, that was over a week ago and only heard from the girl one time who said shed ship it on the 15-20th. I have messaged her to see if she ever shipped it bc majority of my credits were spent on that scarf, no answer. I have filed a request for return of my credits which listia said the seller has five days to respond or ill win.
The second item was a nose stud, free shipping, the girl messaged and said she shipped it out yesterday which was just two days after I won so we will see how that goes.
The third was a makeup brush from elf. Shipping is not free it's $2.00 flat rate shipping, however, since I have won yesterday morning, no response from the seller and I've messaged her a few times. How am I suppose to pay the shipping cost if she will not give me the info. The longer it takes her to give me the info the longer it'll take me to send the money the longer it'll take to get it, if I actually do get it at all!
So with my experiences thus far I'm feeling like this site may be junk! If all of the sudden my items arrive or the sellers apologize, two of them not the one who did respond, and we get it straight then ill continue using listia! I think there should be a certain response time, not seven days, just for the seller/buyer they have 24 hrs to message the seller/winner and let them know its official. Idk but so far 2/3 auctions are successful for me, if I loose out on the elf brush I won as well, I'm not listing anything, like I had planned before, I'll quit this site!

11/19/13

I have been a member of Listia for about 3yrs now, and like it very much. I would say the down side is that they let all these "from China" things in, and it totally clogs up the site. I usually bid on low/no shipping things, and have been pleased with what I received the majority of the time. One of thew main things I bid on are baby clothes, and they have all been in awesome or new condition.

11/13/13

I do not recommend listia at all. I've been an on and off member of listia for about 3 years. I have not had many problems until recently, when a buyer filed a dispute claiming she only revieved one of the two items I was auctioning (bracelet and earrings). Why in the world would I want to keep any of the items I am auctioning?? Isn't that the point why I am auctioning them?? I even went through the process of wrapping them up in pretty tissue paper and making sure they were nice and proper, because that's the type of tidy person I am. She (the buyer) wrote "So I received an envelope today wrapped in purple paper...when I opened it only the bracelet was inside....I though it was earrings as well"

I can tell she was lying. You don't put "..." if this is a proper dispute. It clearly shows she is trying to make informal business. This made me very angry, becaues I know for sure I put the earrings and bracelet together before wrapping it. I wanted everything to be perfect. This lady was a lying scammer and she should be banned. After this experience, I do not wish to continue business with Listia any further.

11/12/13

Ok, So I have been using Listia for 16 days now. YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL on this site. If I had to describe it, It's like the gangland / crack house of auction sites. Everyone who says bottom of barrel is dead on. It's scary even being on it. I have run into some very suspicious activity where I am absolutely certain it's criminal activity. I have seen brand new (expensive pieces and tons I mean tons of it from a single auctioneer) listed and bidders are bidding on it paying outrageous prices in shipping fees. I am certain that this is theft traded online. Listia has a rule policy that lists a max ship price on certain items. A LOT of auctioneers are way over the ship policy. There is no good way to report violations and real violators get ignored and aren't held to standards. It's a funny place to be, on one hand you want to go and post stuff because you can and people bid on it like swarms of zombie eating their fresh kill. On the other hand, you almost have this weird anxiety that someone is going to phish your computer information and you will win an auction from someone who will extort money from you and then tie you up and torture you. I say, be careful. If you have a red flag? Go with your gut. It's probably absolutely right. TIP: If you are an auctioneer, go ahead and list your costs for shipping and provide pick up as an option (recommendation, do the swap in a public location - try to avoid the shadiness) this way you wont feel like you are paying someone to take your stuff. Stay Legit, make sure if you post ship fees its because you are recovering the cost, not trying to cash profit. Good luck! PS- I am in love with the barter concept for points. But I did do the dollar per point value conversion and came up with an approx. figure that about every 400 points is worth a dollar. This might help you if you are going after gift cards. So far I have found that I have spent way too much in free shipping fees which is why I urge you to post and re-coop your costs. I would also like to mention, that I have in fact met some very honest and lovely people. Just be careful, be instinctual.

11/8/13

slowest login l have ever seen l sit for hours trying to log in to this site l have started the down load and while it was downloading l took a shower and when l was done checked the computer and it was still downloading so far it has been over an hour
l would not recommend this site to any one

11/8/13

The site is pretty fun, at first. But i started on facebook, and it kept screwing up and not working, and after several messages to the customer support team about it, all of which went unanswered, i just made a new account. But because I messaged them explaining what happened when it wouldnt let me verify my address because it was under 2 accounts, they deleted my account, said they never got my messages, and then ignored me and said i was $#*! outta luck. it was horrible, and a waste of time, and the amount of scams on the site is paramount. Dont waste your time.

11/8/13

As with any site, there are going to be negative and positive aspects. I personally have had a good experience using Listia. I got a good amount of credits when I started my Listia account because they give you 500 credits and because I signed up through a Facebook friend's referral link which gave me bonus credits. I did some surveys online and got credits, and have listed items (small items that don't cost much to ship).

I try to only bid on items with no shipping or very little shipping. I have gotten rolls of duct tape for my daughter, Betsey Johnson jewelry, make-up, etc. I got all of these things for free. Luckily I work a desk job and can lurk my watchlist while I'm working and pounce on items last minute when there's only seconds to go and win things for a reasonable amount of credits.

I wouldn't list big items I want to get rid of as shipping for those things wouldn't be worth it for me and like other people have stated, most people don't bid on auctions that require payment for shipping. I list jewelry, single clothing items, etc.

The only thing that upset me and discouraged me from Listia was their feedback system. I ordered some Betsey Johnson items from someone who claimed it was authentic. Out of the whole lot of 6 items (that I got fairly cheap) I had a few items that I didn't particularly see as my style so I relisted them. I ended up getting bad feedback (both items purchased from the same person) because she said they were fake. Even though I assured her I did not know the items were fake (I really didn't, they looked legit to me) and I gave her back her credits and $2 shipping, she still ruined my reputation over it and I definitely didn't deserve it. I should have disputed it but I didn't realize all this would happen. I'm still working up to at least have enough items listed that I can get a 99% feedback rating. But I wonder how this woman posting fake Betsey (she has hundreds of items on two different accounts and I know other people have told me that they were fake after the fact) has a 100% feedback... makes no sense! Oh well.......

If you're careful, Listia can be an awesome site. I'm a bit addicted myself :)

11/7/13

STAY AWAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE. THEY DESERVE NO STARS. They allow the bottom of the barrel to sell or auction off their stuff and the company has only !4 in their staff to so call regulate these people who cannot go places like Ebay or Etsy because they don't qualify. I have paid over 1000 dollars in fees, shipping and even a caregiver when I was sick to take care of what becomes a full time business and you don't really get paid for it. AUCTIONERS AND BUYERS BEWARE

11/5/13

been on the site for just short of a year... didn't do much the first several months, busted my butt for two of it and just visited it occasionally in recent months. Ok site... NOW, I have about 1/2 million credits on my account for selling things, yesterday - with no warning, or otherwise, got an email saying my account was suspended permanently! They are not responding to tweets, emails or posts on FB or their blog.

so they have in essence stolen 465,000 credits, at a redemption value in their rewards store of 1000/1 ... $465+

BBB complaint and lawyer is next... they need to be shut down PERIOD... it's not the first time they've stolen from me, not to mention the `1000s of credits never gotten for doing surveys, offers, etc.

10/29/13

They want you to ship for free and give you a bonus 15 points? 15 points doesn't cover the cost of shipping! You're dealing with people who feel entitled on this site. You know the type who live off the government it's just that somebody has given them their very own "Ebay"
If you do add a shipping charge then you are bombarded by the low lives who want everything for free demanding how dare you charge shipping! Then your comments are full of Free shipping......I would bid if it were free shipping...who are you to come here and charge shipping...and on and on.
Most can't or don't read the ads. If you put in your ad "The only one I have"
your comments are full of do you have more of these? When will you have more of these? It's like dealing with illiterate hobos. It is a site that you cannot take seriously because it's full of imbeciles and run by imbeciles.
You also have beggars leaving comments on your comment page poor mouthing oh if only I had the points I have a niece, neighbor, friend who is down and out and could really use this but alas I failed to score enough credits and I can't afford the shipping charge LMAO!
Then you'll get messages from beggars giving you their hard life story and why they can't pay for something that they want or need that you have on auction
The beggars pull out every con to get it for free. And if that isn't bad enough they have the nerve to request free shipping but you check their listing and yes you guessed it they charge shipping. The site is a joke in itself. Junky people listing junky stuff. If you like junk then you'll love this site. If you have impeccable taste then I suggest you go elsewhere.

10/27/13

I have only been on the site for a month or so and so far have had horrible experiences! I have won four auctions and have yet to receive one of the items I won. I spent money to buy my husband Christmas gifts (all from the same seller) and it took too long for me to figure out that the seller was a fraud, so now I can't get back the money I spent to buy the credits. I sat at my kitchen table crying my eyes out because I spent all but $10 of the money I had allotted for him for Christmas. Customer service just responded with an automated email. I have credits, but am so afraid to use them now because of these horrible experiences

10/27/13

This site is a Rip off. I purchased credits from the site, bid on an auction. I won. Then out of the blue they canceled my account and I got neither what I won nor my money back. Repeated e-mails to them have went unanswered and I still do not know why my account was canceled.

10/14/13

So right off the bat it says you will get free stuff.You have to pay for credits.I payed 50 dollars to get a 49ers card for my friend's birthday..I was supposed to get it four months ago!I emailed the auctioneer,and he has said nothing.That was 3 and 1/2 months ago.Saty away from this site,it's a joke.Don't waste your money,time,or life on this stupid website.

10/13/13

SO MANY REVIEWS HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT LISTIA and its unfair judgment of accepted/removed listings, scams, rip-offs, user suspension, listings bid on disappearing, seller option to back out of sell after sold, and other complaints not worth mentioning because I believe the review in itself reveals the user is only sore because the result (in their "devastating situation") was not in their favor or "worse", made them feel stupid, cornered in their eleventh hour to strike back if even only in a site review...site. Listia is a grand way to collect items you want, found or need, also great for getting rid of stuff you don't want, use, or care to hold onto but still don't have the will to throw it out or donate to a thrift store. I completely believe in what Listia stands for, because it IS honest and rewarding. Its like an internationally massive thrift store but better because it has hardly used or brand new, top quality items for free! I'm so disgusted to go to ANY local thrift location anymore, browsing items you know was dumped behind a building like trash, sorry..."donated". The one that donates it leaves with nothing but a short lived sense of charity and good deed, the one that buys it leaves with far less money in their pocket and more than slightly used stuff, while the store makes nothing but sheer profit...and Listia is the evil one? Listia takes the vision of this and gives it a pulse. Families that have needs or desires are no longer restricted to their spending budget, no longer do they have to compromise their happiness to their income. No money is not happiness, but lack of flexible funds can be depressing. It's not just people with limited spending, it's people that like to save or get ahead, that like variety or specifics, people that enjoy giving, but not to a profit guzzling dumpster. If you don't agree with items accepted for listing, tough, go make your own free stuff website, or if you're listings were removed or you were suspended...read your own review (some still won't see it) because most are obvious in why you were pushed away. Trying to challenge the authority of a website you have the PRIVILEDGE in using, making childish threats to harass other users, or creating listings that clearly only serve the purpose of your own offensive ideals or opinions, is a good way to get removed from any respectable site. Yes there are people out to scam, but they are not just on Listia come on now. Do you buy a car without making sure it's a good move? Would you rent a house without knowing who owns it? If a stranger offered you a seemingly out the box flawless Galaxy 4 on the street for $80, would you buy it? If you're buying an item, know what your buying, ask questions, don't loosely extend your trust, and you'll walk out with the same strut you came in with...smiling. As far as rip-offs go, no one can rob you, if someone got ahold of what's yours, it's because you gave them the opportunity to, you had to open that door for them to step in. Would you give an employee their paycheck before they put in their hours of service? Would you service an employer if they did not prove gaurantee of payment? The market world works the same way. If you lack common sense, shop Walmart, you don't belong in the shopping web. Lastly if a listing disappears that you bid on or even won, that's the sellers choice to recall, no amount of your credits gives you the right to dictate the seller's final decision, that's why in the end they are granted that option. At times, that can be beneficial to the buyer as well, they too can back out and after 3 days claim their credits back. Wow, this can all be achieved without a site moderator getting involved, saving time and grief, and allowing freedom in transaction...Listia how could you! Terminated transactions only result in both users having what they started with, nothing lost, there's not even spilled milk to cry about it's still in the fridge. Continue with your negative reviews though, I rather enjoy reading them because it's not the site you're making look bad. Besides, only folk alike will sympathize your complaints and run, which means Listia will be a little less riddled with users that don't know what they're doing, nor appreciate opportunity created by community wealth.

Yours Truly,
A Scavenging Listian

10/10/13

Horrible they scam you constantly this woman named freshpeachez23 buys things from the dollar tree and sells them over priced!!!!!!!! For the teeny bit of points u get when you first start out! More than a few people are doing this!! DESPICABLE!!!!

Example : http://www.listia.com/profile/2536632

10/7/13

At first I was drawn in, lots of neat things in the auctions. I couldn't bid on a lot of them though because I didn't have a Listia approved address. Then I had trouble registering my address. I sent numerous e-mails to them without response and then I get a message in e-mail that they had suspended my account because I have dupllicate addresses. I had spent a lot of time watching auctions that I was interested in, and I feel they wasted my time. I will NOT be using them, and I will be encouraging all of my friends not to as well. I will stick with Ebay, Craigslist, or a more reputable company.

10/7/13

I am just here to tell everything that the bad experiences are from their own mistakes. You must do your research before you bid to make sure that you are bidding on a legit item that you will receive. Contact the winners of their previous auctions to confirm that they will ship to you.

I won a 3,300 credit bid for 6 games on a Thursday morning. By Saturday, it was already shipped out. By the following Thursday, the games were in my possession and all worked as stated.

The only bad experience I had was all of the auctions that were stolen right out from under me when someone bid higher than me right before it ended.

As for the cost of shipping, only look for Free Shipping auctions to get the best deals. This minimizes the shipping troubles. It also allows sellers to send stuff completely free since you can ship most of the stuff on Listia for free anyway through USPS.

10/6/13

After seeing all the listings of recipes, wallpapers and other information found free on any search *google, yahoo ect* I decided to make my own listing of information titled "list of all obamas lies". My auction was removed and i got a warning email. So i replied saying that if thats the way it was, i was going to go to peoples recipe auctions and post the link of the site they attained it from. They are taking advantage of people who dont know much about the internet, and selling free info. But apparently thats allowed, but selling information that you have to gather and prepare yourself isnt? These people even use the stock photo images from sites like food network in order to represent this stolen info. I have decided to fight this, and am currently in a message battle with a mod over it. Here is the convo as yet:

Non-genuine auction was removed

Hello Taryngiro,

This message is to inform you that a listing warning has been applied to your account for listing fake and/or junk items that were recently removed. A junk auction is one that doesn't appear to be for a physical item and is missing pertinent info about the item. As mentioned in our Rules page (http://www.listia.com/rules), we reserve the right to delete listings that appear to be illegal, fake, fraudulent, misleading, and incomplete or duplicates at our discretion. We also reserve the right to delete any listings that we deem inappropriate for Listia without notice or explanation.

Please note that this is a one-time courtesy warning and any future incident will result in additional actions taken on your account, up to and including a permanent suspension. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

- The Listia Moderation Team

My first response: "Oh but people can list recipes they find on google? I guess im just gonna go to everyones recipe and post the link where they got it in the comments."

Moderator Bellas reply: "Should you chose to do that, it will be forwarded to an administrator and we will take further action upon your account."

My next response: "So much for america, freedom of information. How is it not against the rules to post recipes? It is just information, and what my auction was, was information as well. I read the rules, and posting links where they STOLE recipes from food network and other sites isnt against them."

I replied again right after with a excerpt of their rules: " Links, References or Solicitations to Outside Sites, Companies, Organizations, Groups, Newsletters or Mailing Lists Any links, URLs, usernames, or references to the above in your listing title, description or other fields are prohibited Exceptions: links provided purely for clarification or further description of the item listed (ie, not to a store or business) or trustworthy charitable organizations "

"That is the closest rule, but it applies to people who list items, not people who are potential buyers who comment on listings. Not trying to battle you, i just dont like discrimination, Im sure you are an obama supporter is why my auction was removed. I see people posting wallpaper pictures, recipes and other information that can easily be attained using a google search. I find this to be taking advantage of people who are not internet savvy, and are selling what is essentially free. Im a law major so, even if you forward all this to an admin, i have not broken any rules as of yet."

And that is where it is at so far, if anything is done to my account *suspension/termination or restriction of any access* I will be threatening legal charges of discrimination and reporting them to the better business bureau. I could really care less about the site, i plan on giving my credits away and leaving anyways, but i dont stand for hypocrisy or injustice.

9/26/13

The site is a rip off. You get free credits for signing up with your Facebook account. If you win a FREE AUCTION, and the Listia Seller doesn't think he/she made enough CREDITS on your winning auction bid, it will just DISAPPEAR like it NEVER HAPPENED. I've wasted 2 days bidding on 2 auctions, won them, just to have the item and my winning bid, disappear like it never happened.
Case in point. Check this Seller out.
satterlundsa (9) 100%

Total Auctions listed: 76
Total Auctions completed: 27

Total Auctions w/ winner: 26

Feedback received: 9

76 auctions listed, 27 completed. 9 positive feed backs!
Pity the folks that are bidding on her CURRENT 49 auctions!

This is NOT eBAY!

I bid and won on one of her items today. Then the item, me, and my bid, totally disappeared from off of Listia. I guess because I won the bid TOO LOW! And, there is NO PLACE to COMPLAIN to LISTIA!! Where do I Bi-ch to Listia about this "Seller"?
Thank GOD I didn't BUY extra Listia credits (Visa, Mastercard, PayPal) to figure this out!

9/26/13

This site allows users to scam credits and threaten other users!! They DO NOT Follow their own rules! This site is a complete SCAM!!!! BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!!
IF yo do decide to trust them watch out for this user:
http://www.listia.com/profile/2604444 (Darlene Lopez aka darlenqts)
Very hateful person!!! She will lie and use you shipping address to threaten your family and she will steal your credits!!! SCAMMER!!!'

9/18/13

I have to give Listia.com a bad review, because they are basically ripping people off, myself included, when you fill out their sponsor offers for free credits. I literally spent hours yesterday filling out forms from TrialPay, Peanut Labs, and watching videos from RadiumOne, Virool, and TrialPay. I watched at least three videos, and filled out multiple forms, and have not received any free credits. I sent in a support ticket and this is the lousy message I received back from Listia:
I’m very sorry that you've not received the credits for the offer you completed, and I'll do my best to help you get the credits you deserve as fast as possible. As much as I would like to solve your problem right away for you, this situation is out of the control of Listia directly, so please contact the company that posted the offer that you completed. Their offers are displayed on our site via a "window" so to speak. I will do my best to help you get to the bottom of this, but unfortunately, there's only so much I can do.

The first step is to visit the page: www.listia.com/account/buy_credits

This page displays the four companies that supply the special offers for Listia: Trialpay, PeanutLabs, RadiumOne, Paymentwall. To view any offers you have completed, or started but not yet completed, you can view those by a help link in the top right of each company’s tab. Not all of the links state “help”...some might say “support” or “missing credits” depending on the company. Once you locate the company that hosted the offer that you completed, you can contact them to find out why there is an issue with your offer. Once the company tells us the offer has been completed successfully, our automated system automatically puts the credits into your account.

I’m sorry I couldn’t personally solve your problem, but I hope I was able to provide the steps needed to get your missing credits. Please rate my response so that we can continue improving our support to you...it takes less than 5 seconds and it means a lot to us.
Click here if Satisfied - https://help.listia.com/requests/357347/satisfaction/new/09LnpNVak0jKqMsDdFsw2zIw2?locale=1#/satisfaction/new/good
Click here if Unsatisfied - https://help.listia.com/requests/357347/satisfaction/new/09LnpNVak0jKqMsDdFsw2zIw2?locale=1#/satisfaction/new/poor
If you’re not happy with my response please reply back to me so that I can help you further. (help.listia.com/tickets/357347)

I’d like your experience on Listia to be the most amount of fun you can have online! Please let me know if I can make your experience any better!

Ta ta for now,
ListiaJane
Listia Customer Support Team

9/16/13

I've been using this site for about a year. I have sold and "bought" many items on it and overall, I've been very happy with it. I have sold clothes and crafting supplies. In return, I have bought old coins, clothing, and sports memorabilia. Since everything I have bought and sold has relatively low value, compared to a laptop or cell phone, there's little risk and cheap shipping.

Apprentice Reviewer
8/26/13

I have been a member of Listia for 3 years, and I have to say that this site is honestly just 'alright'. I have to admit that I sell more on here than on eBay, but it's full of bunch of idiots that do not read the description. Mainly because I charge for shipping and I am later messaged by the bidder to cancel their bid because they were too stupid to read the description when the shipping costs are RIGHT THERE.

I usually just sell cheap items there and charge for shipping so I don't lose profit and I'm able to get by; making at least $2 of profit from every item I sell. I don't recommend selling expensive stuff here because you will NOT get your money's worth. They use "credits" as their currency in listia, but don't be fooled. 1000 credits is only equivalent to $1. And they charge you like $40 to buy 16,000 credits ($16 worth of money in their website). RIP OFF.

There are quite some nice stuff I find there though, not a lot of junk, pretty good stuff, but nothing amazing.

If you plan to join this website to get REAL money, good luck! They take down lots of auctions that exceed shipping so you don't make REAL profit from your stuff.

I have been able to get under the radar for now (unlike before), so as long as you don't exceed $10 for shipping or if you can fake that you're from another country to charge for more shipping, you're good. But I don't really recommend this website if you want to make a big profit.

Unless you're really generous and want to donate your stuff, go ahead! They'll be happy to take your stuff!

The people from there only want free shipping, it's a bit annoying to deal with those people.

But despite their faults, I haven't run into major problems with them, and I have sold a ton of stuff here for a tiny bit of profit. However, if you're into making huge profit, I would consider looking elsewhere.

8/12/13

I have used Listia a few years off and on. I have had haters, liars, and cheats over and again on this site. One person never sent her item claiming she was too busy to get it out. But, looking at all her feedback she left others, she did that to all the people. I had one lady get a watch from me, never left feedback, quit Listia and I had to wait forever to get the credits. One lady said she received the envelope but nothing was in it, now why would I do that? Then she asked for her credits back. WHATEVER! I am done selling on Listia and will try to close my account when I receive the last of the items.

8/12/13

I think people need to realize that you can't trust anything for face value. I'm new to Listia and I reported some middle schooler trying to auction off 2 laptops, and he was using images from Ebay, of all places. I got on the next day and his auctions had been deleted by Listia. So far I have won a $5 Starbucks Giftcard and a coupon for a free tub of Pillsbury Dough (cookie dough, biscuits etc.)

I think people just need to do a bit of research. If it looks like a stock image, you can drop the image into Google image search and it will find any versions of that picture on the internet. I do agree that Listia staff need their customer service skills looked at, but most of this stuff could be handles by people being a bit more cautious with what they bid on. If it looks to good to be true, it probably is!

7/15/13

Listia sided with a buyer and won't remove my wrongful neutral - I contacted the buyer the next day, Tuesday, June 4, after she won on Monday, June 3 asking for a verified shipping address. The buyer never gave me a verified shipping address. I contacted her the day before the last day, on Sunday, June 9 asking for a verified shipping address again and that if I didn't get one by midnight on Monday, June 10, I would keep the credits and re-list the item. On June 12th I contacted her that morning and told her that per Listia rules, I was keeping the credits and that I would be re-listing the item. I re-listed the item and someone else won with a GIN. Later that night, she sends me her verified shipping address and marks the item received. I am sending out the item to the winner of the re-listed auction since the first buyer neglected to send me her verified mailing address. This woman gave me a neutral and put that I gave her every excuse in the book for not sending. I gave her a neutral (since I couldnt file a dispute against the buyer) and wrote "how could I have made every excuse in the book when you didnt respond to ANY messages I sent you asking for your verified address? per listia rules after 7 days i keep the credits and relist the ítem. you are wrong for giving me a neutral!" - I contacted Listia and they told me that the only way the neutral would change is if she filed a dispute. Since this was 6000 credits she lost, I figured she would. She didn't. She knows she is wrong and she is refusing to file a dispute. It is like Listia is allowing this woman to lie. She also gave someone else a negative because she sent a broken item out of spite. This woman needs to be taken off of Listia.

Listia customer service does not care about righting wrongs. If they would allow sellers to dispute buyers, none of this stuff would even happen. It is amazing how ebay sellers can file disputes against buyers, but we can't file disputes against listia buyers...its ashame!

By the way, I have flagged her name and blocked her. I had sent her a message on FB and she read it, but never filed a dispute. Her nic is palomacita71 - DON'T DEAL WITH THIS WOMAN!!!!!! Block her from your auctions before she starts giving you trouble!!!!

Veteran Reviewer
7/4/13

My God people, just look at the reviews by their own members! Why would any sane person intentionally subject themselves to this???

7/4/13

I am a User on this site with over 2,000 positive feedback and a 100% rating. I list quality sports cards on the site & then buy either other sports cards or something my family needs.

In this one case - I listed about 60 sport cards (there policy states no more then 100 at a time). In this case - I was using the credits I won to purchase Best Buy $15 Gift Cards through Listia's Rewards store - to save enough to buy my 13 year old son a laptop for the upcoming school year. After the auctioning of the 60 sports cards - and using the credits to purchase 14 gift cards - I received an email from Listia stating my account was SUSPENDED from BIDDING for 14 days. - Of course I was highly upset, - I did nothing wrong - and was simply trying to get a Laptop for my son

I contacted Listia Customer Service through their Support System (email only - there is no way to contact via phone). After 3 days - I did not get an answer and it took another fellow member who is also a Top User on the page to contact them & say "What the heck are you doing - amongst other things" I then get an email back 5 minutes after he sends an email stating - they suspended me from Bidding because of the Unusual amount of listed auctions - and I needed to first SEND the auctions out and after 14 days BID again.

NOW - Ive been on this site for nearly 3 years - I HAVE NEVER had a problem - have sent out my items and through my feedback - I am praised for the items I ship - As per their own rules & regulations - I BROKE NONE, yet they took it upon themselves to let my auctions END - have 65,000 credits I can not spend to purchase the gift cards or anything at that - and THEY WONT EVEN ANSWER MY EMAILS. IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT A CUSTOMER OF ALMOST 3 YEARS WITH A 100% FEEDBACK RATING OF OVER 2,000 TRANSACTIONS???

6/6/13

I love the idea of the site, but their support is crap. I've been trying to get a hold of them for 2 weeks with nothing for a response. I have many issues with their site, and even though they say they will get back to you within 2 days, they seem to have no regard for fixing them. I want to cancel my membership on the site, but I'd really like to get the baby dress I just won first!

5/29/13

I have been a member of Listia since November 2012, less than a year now, and have won many amazing auctions and sold my own for what they're worth. Only had one negative transaction between me and a lady who wanted nothing for the starting bid on a tote bag I liked, but she wanted a whopping 99,999 for GIN. On top of that, she wanted $9.98 to be EXACT for shipping. The current bid had reached 30 credits, and I won it with that. I did somewhat notice there was something very wrong with those numbers, not to mention she had taken a very dark pic of the item, but I was still new to Listia and naive. It was a Kurt Cobain Rolling Stone tote bag, and being the big fan I am, I just had to have it regardless of whether I could see it. lol It looked alright in the darkness of the picture, actually. But anyway, I sent the shipping in the form of concealed cash, because I do not have Pay Pal at the moment (waiting for my Pay Pal card to come in the mail now), and sent $1 in taped up quarters so it would not be obvious I was sending change (I sent change, yes, but I she was the one who wanted 98 cents). Did not receive the item, and was rated neutral by the seller for sending quarters, and supposedly having something wrong with my verified address, which is a big fat lie. Others before her had had no problem shipping to me. She claimed tracking confirmed it had arrived at my house. Here it is, months later, and I receive the item. I now know why the picture was so dark, the paint is peeling on the tote like she washed it without turning it inside out. Not only that, but she had my address wrong on the envelope, with absolutely NO tracking. She was the one with the problem, and reading through the feedback she received others have said she lists fake auctions with shipping and then rips you off, so buyer beware. I feel like a loser falling for her scam, but now I know better. I have still been sending concealed cash to some Listian's who will accept it for shipping, and haven't had another problem like with her. She's Gypsy Fire Moon for those who are concerned. Other than that, I have had nothing but smooth transactions and great feedback. I do plan to continue doing business on Listia. I might add that I am also on Social Security and still am able to afford shipping and such. I've purchased credits a couple times with a credit card of a family member who I paid back, because I have no credit card. But now I am waiting for my prepaid Pay Pal card which I'm sure will make shopping on Listia a lot easier.

5/23/13

Review:
Listia has potential. You CAN get nice stuff. I have, but it takes credits which equals money, because in reality, nothing is free, no matter what the site is trying to advertise.
I have met Many good sellers offering good items and only had One seller not send or respond to emails. I even gave them 17 days to do so, because in general, I tend to be patient. Out of 50 won auctions, only 1 wrong win, is not too bad.

However, the verification process needs upgraded to something realistic and sensible. Also they need to have top notch customer service to stay in business. Their customer service is sub-par and from my experience, I do not believe English is their native language, due to having to repeat myself several times and still not have them understand.
In a recent instance, due to harassment, I had contacted them, regarding my feeling of leaving the site within the next month. The customer service agent, then responded with. "Are you sure you want your account deleted, right now?"

Considering I never said "Please delete my account" I have to question whether this was an actual misunderstanding, due to language barriers or something else more sinister.

Before a Listia Cult member starts jumping to conclusions about what kind of harassment::: This was concerning my refusal to get the level 1 verification badge. jeffbfanning and a 'few' others have felt it necessary to post under my auctions "PLEASE VERIFY!!"
For anyone curious, level one verification is an automated text message sent to your cell phone, by facebook and then you have to do it again for listia. Then you get this NIFTY badge of Level1 verification at linking your facebook with your Listia account. I absolutely refuse to get this badge, based on the fact that Listia advertises this verification badge, as proof of a good seller.
John in Nebraska could do this and claim he is Jane from Washington. It proves NOTHING and is not proper verification nor does it equal a good seller. I have even verified my Bank account with Listia and it counts for nothing in their eyes, besides a dinky little dollar sign badge.
All of my feedback is good. Why? Because I ship the stuff I auction and it is exactly as described and pictured and VERY good quality not junk.

In other words, if you join listia, be prepared for those who have nothing better to do with their time, than harass and try to scare bidders off of your auctions.
Do not expect Listia to do anything about it, because they will not. Your feedback may not matter to certain cult members, but it will matter to the Good people still on site and bidding/selling. They do exist.

Many people do list junk, like a single crayon or game boy stylus. Recipes you can get for free online. Items that cost them 10.00 on amazon or ebay, but they are asking for 50 dollars in credits, on Listia.
You will run into people not wanting to pay shipping or asking for free shipping, because they do not trust sending money to a stranger, even if it is through paypal, which is a protected service.
I have absolutely lost money listing through this site, by not anticipating a lack of bidding and getting 200 credits for a 40.00 item, etc.
Few people will make money on this site, so if you sign up, money should not be an expectation. Stay with Etsy or Ebay for real cash.
Upside::: You can block irritating and harassing people, which keeps the person from bidding or commenting again. However, they can make another account and come harass you all over again or bid on an item and try and screw you over with feedback. Listia needs to get on to this scam via ISP tracking.
ALWAYS pay for postal tracking, unless it is a repeat customer you trust. Yes, this is more money out of your pocket, but otherwise you could lose credits rightfully yours. Some sellers have resorted to taking pictures of their item going into the box at the post office, to protect themselves.
End Story: There are good things to bid on, but you'll have to have credits first to get them.
Listia makes money through advertising and linking you with partner sites that pay them. Through survey companies and by Selling you their credits for Real Cash.
Like I said, nothing is free. 5.00 gets you 1500 credits 10.00 gets you 3300 and so on. The max is 40.00 for 16000 credits.
This is the most honest review I can give. Maybe the site will pick up the pace and fix it problems in the future. Like allowing other members to harass fellow Listians.

5/16/13

i feel sad that people have had bad times with listia :( i love it i have givin stuff away on there and i have won things i think it is really good and a lot of fun.

4/28/13

Listia was a good site, still can be if you are careful. But you have to be very careful. Always use tracking when shipping because there are a lot of buyers out there that are savvy enough to know that if you don't use tracking, a dispute will result in the buyers credits getting refunded. And they will fraudulently claim they never received your item.
For the first 8 months I was a member, it was great. The past 6 months have been terrible! Anytime a site offers anything "free" and you don't have to put much into it, people will hop on the bandwagon to abuse the system.
I've won things that I never received because the seller seemed to feel that they were entitled to more credits for the item, the usual story with this is they will say that the item was broken or they just won't send and ignore you.
As a buyer, of course, you have the "I never received the item" bull****. You will know this is a lie if you do not receive your item back, because if it was wrongly addressed most times the P.O. will return it to you saying it was undeliverable.
Anymore you have a lot of Minors using the site. And still yet you have women listing "Photos of me" that could be less than appropriate for a child should they win.
Listia is always changing it' rules on what can and cannot be listed. I recently flagged an auction for a hunting knife with a 10" blade ( rules stated blades can be no longer than 2") and a mod comes on and states that they are changing or looking into changing that rule so they will allow this auction to stay. Sooooo, what about the sellers that had their auctions pulled because the blades were more than 2"????
Listia is a gamble, you put your "stuff" out there, you pay to ship if you offer free shipping ( you get higher bids that way ) but there are a million things that can go wrong and a lot of the users are just looking to scam people out of their stuff.
If you break a rule they will delete your account, and if you have invested time and you have credits you are SOL! I know a couple of people that's happened to.
If you want to use listia you must ship with tracking
YOu must check a seller's rating and READ their feedback. Just because they have NO negative feedback does not mean they are a good seller, look for the neutrals and see how many they have.
There are a lot of long time listia users who are now cashing in on their feedback ratings and listing high end items or giftcards with no intention of sending. They are going out and going out with a bang.
My husband and I loved listia but we've both left because of all the bad experiences we have had as of late.

4/20/13

There is a lot of junk on this website, people selling pictures of themselves, recipes+DIY that you can get online for free, colored on barbies. However, there is an occasional gem. Don't bother with bidding on recipes and DIY most of the time, it will probably be a waste of credits, and ALWAYS check a sellers ratings before you bid.

4/11/13

ive won and received many items on listia.the only problem i have is uploading photos.sometimes i can and sometimes i camt.cant figure it out

4/1/13

If you're giving things away it's a great site. If you want to charge shipping you better be ready for a butt load of idiot's! People with zero feedback ratings and NO experience on Lista will bid on your items and claim they never saw that you charge shipping. EVEN when its clearly written in the title and 3 or 4 times in the listing. Once they have bid, it puts other, potentially paying customers, off and they look elsewhere. Which, wastes your time and money. This isn't a "now and then" kind of thing. Out of maybe 50 auctions I have listed with shipping charges I have had at least 30 of them fall through!
Listia provides no protection against this. You can't even offer a second chance to the first bidder. So, your listing is basically DEAD!!!!!!!!
Members will relentlessly hound you over the fact that you charge shipping. Even to the point of harassment! And the admin. couldn't care less. You cant even give negative feedback! So, that idiot can just keep on screwing people.
If it weren't for the fact that I do sell to a PAYING buyer every day there, I would leave and never look back. Once I have my product selling on my own site, it's gonna be BYE BYE LISTIA!

3/26/13

I would give it an ok because its not to nice and its not to bad i would really say its very average to me

2/26/13

I was excited when someone in my plant swap group referred me. Now I'm just pissed. I have only had 3 auctions. 2 are scammers. Not very good odds. I send what was promised plus extras and 15 days later no credits. One dispute who admitted to getting item and because they are idiots who can't read or be bothered to look it up I lose. No thanks! I love sharing all the wonderful things I have received. I'll stick to plant trades and craigslist.

2/9/13

All that I say is from my own six months of experience in trying to deal in a fair and just adult method! They promote the sell of recipes and such of drugs that are illegal. It is run by a group of Pagans that will mess with your computer and make your life miserable until you leave if you believe in God. The rules are not even known by their own staff and are interchangeable at whim depending upon the parties being dealt with. They consistently misuse their authority and collect credits which if they are a part of the company, what need would they have for this. They try to force everyone to ship free, and if you are on their blacklist, they will not uphold their own shipping rules! The worst site on the internet and hope how soon they are called out and removed because of the injustice. Allowing anyone to sell recipes calling for illegal drugs to make candy, which can be used to give children and take any and all immoral liberties of the child! What is this and how can it be allowed on a website where 13 year old children are allowed? Here is a link if you would like to check it out.... http://www.listia.com/auction/7920736-medical-marijuana-jolly-ranchers-recipe

1/27/13

So far, my biggest Complaint about Listia is that they claim you can "earn points" for completing surveys. This turns out to be a total scam! Every time I've done one of the surveys, I'll spend several minutes answering questions, and then a page comes up saying I didn't "qualify" for the survey. Seriously? Dude, I just filled out 5 pages of questions, I already Took the survey! Apparently they want you to believe it was a pre-survey. This way they get lots of useful data from you, without giving you any points. I'd understand if you had to answer 3 or 4 pre-screening questions to see if you qualify for the survey. But I answered Way to many questions for this to be legitimately considered pre-screening.

I'd suspect that nobody, or almost nobody, gets points from these surveys. Needless to say, I'm not going to bother taking any surveys anymore. But I'm sure that other people will fall for this a few times before they realize it's a scam. And that's how these survey companies keep the scam going! Some of them might end up being legit, but I don't want to waste my time on pointless (literally!) surveys.

Listia makes it look like your being redirected to an independent site when you take these surveys. But I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Listia actually runs these "external" sites.. Either way, these survey Scams make Listia appear pretty scammy themselves.

1/23/13

This site is a joke. I've always shipped with DC and the TWO times I do not the winners claimed they never got their items. People are just on here looking for ways to get as much stuff for free without even spending the credits. What a joke. If you sell do not trust anyone to actually be honest that the received your items.

1/16/13

When users are scammers, that's usually easy to avoid, but when the Listia Customer Service is the scammer... yeah, that's NOT acceptable.

I was with Listia since the beginning and really liked it at first. I've referred 52 people, had 100% positive feedback after 395 transactions, and then something I mailed was lost in the mail late last year. It was decided against my favor and now my account is -7900 or so credits. I really can't believe that someone who has been such a great asset to them should be punished like that. They really need a stipulation for people who lose one thing out of 200 in the mail and have an awesome transaction history with them. Someone should not be punished b/c the post office loses something. I can see if the person was a newbie or continually "lost" packages but this.... it's not right. I asked them to delete my account because after they blatantly ignored me 3 times, I really don't want to be a part of their site. My Internet time is much better spent telling the world they're shady.

1/8/13

For the most part I like Listia. I've been using it for quite a while now and I have managed to dress my daughter fully this far and have enough clothes until she is 2 (she is 9 months old). I bought a new wallet for my husband and a set of awesome ear phones for my iPod. All in all I am actually satisfied.
I have however encountered quite a few people on Listia that don't like playing along.
In the most recent case I won a package of summer clothes. It was a good auction for me and it ran me about 2500 credits. It all seemed legit, but the seller was extremely slow to respond. I got her to tell me her PayPal address after 2 days and then I waited.
No package ever arrived. I only got 2 excuses and no further communication from the seller. About 30 days after the end of the auction I decided to stop this sharada and requested a refund. The seller didn't respond and I was refunded 5 days later. I also got a refund from PayPal. That was my experience with customer service as a buyer.
As a seller I remember my first ever auction on Listia. It was a book, the one that started the series "Army Wives" and the buyer was anxious to get it. Everything went fine. I sent it off, as soon as I received the shipping money ad had it tracked. Shortly thereafter I get a message that the package never arrived. It was my first auction, so I forgot to stick my tracking number in. I added that. It looked like they didn't realise I was tracking it an tried to get it for free. In the end I won. I had proof that I sent the package off and I had proof that it arrived at the address that was saved in the buyers account.
Yes there are a few people on Listia who try to scam people, but so far I have only had positive experiences with either the sellers/buyers or customer service, truth be told.
I don't get any benefit from writing this and I am not a scam. I am just your average run off the mill user who likes to get their stuff as cheaply as possible. I use Listia because it doesn't ransack my budget. On the other hand though I am also not going for items thy are too prone to being fakes. I wouldn't by jewellery on Listia and I wouldn't go for anything that is advertised as a brand... Not only because they might be fakes, but also because the auction is usually very high in credits and that would defeat the purpose.

1/7/13

Listia started out to be wonderful but now they are getting credit hungry and if you have an object that is worth more credits they have several different credit fees- very disappointed and am thinking about looking elsewhere.

1/6/13

this site gets 3 stars for the idea in it but the set up is bad. they allow you to charge for shipping but provide no way to do it. they make a fortune selling credits that cost them zero so they least they could do is invest that money back into the site for a better experience

1/2/13

i loved listia.. i get online everyday... now im just irrate!!!!!

AVOID THE SELLER DARKANGELTATTOOS ON LISTIA HE WILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR SHIPPING AND THEN SEND YOU A FAULTY PRODUCT AND REFUSE TO REFUND YOUR CREDITS... I AM DISPUTING WITH LISTIA NOW AND THEY WANT ME TO PAY ANOTHER $15.45 SHIPPING FEE TO SEND HIM IT BACK ON TOP OF THE $15.45 I ALREADY PAID TO SHIP IT TO MYSELF...SO THAT MEANS I WOULD BE PAYING $30.90 AND 37,650 CREDITS FOR SOMETHING I AM GIVING BACK! I DONT THINK SO!!! CHECK OUT MY PROOF http://listiarockmissjess.tripod.com/

12/6/12

I have been buying and selling on Listia. for over a year! I mainly sell beads and jewelry making supplies and I turn around my credits and buy all sorts of things for my family! I have purchased gifts, toys, clothing, craft supplies, and many many gift cards at Listia.com. I actually funded a large portion of my Christmas shopping with gift cards from Listia this year. I have occasionally had difficulty with individual users, but there are always bad apples out there.... but the site itself is GREAT! Thanks Listia!

The Best Auction Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber