US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ediet

I mainly sell beads and jewelry making supplies and I turn around my credits and buy all sorts of things for my family! (in 132 reviews)

katev7

i like listia, have used it almost a year, but the nasty people are just ruining it. (in 101 reviews)

jodiem18

I have sold and "bought" many items on it and overall, I've been very happy with it. (in 83 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

rebeccap4
1/6/15

It seems like most items posted on this site get lots of bids rather quickly. Every thing I have tried to get from here has gone up to several thousand points and I end up not being able to get it. In order to get points you have to list items which means finding something you can part with that someone else would want, taking pics of them, writing descriptions, mailing them (which includes paying to send them if you offer free shipping). If you want to get items and don't have things to list then you have to pay for points or sign up for free trials of things and such to get points. The whole point of using listia is because you can get free stuff. But, if you have to sign up for things and pay for bids it's not free. I was looking for some yarn on there and the bids went from a couple hundred to a couple thousand in a few hrs. and it still had 5 days left. By the time it was done I would have had to buy points to get the yarn and I may as well just go out and buy yarn if I have to do that, cause it's no longer free. I wouldn't spend $20 on bids just to try and get yarn or a shirt or something when I could end up being outbid and waste the money. May as well just go to the store and buy stuff for that amount and actually get the item. If you have lots of things to part with and want to take the time to list them then it would be worth using the site. If not then it's pretty much not worth it. So annoying how everything goes up to thousands of points and you can't get anything unless you've listed a bunch of stuff that and/or spent money to get loads of points.

Tip for consumers: If you want to get items from here you need to have items to list that people will want. So, first you need to gather up some things and list them to earn points or spend the money and buy points because you will need loads of them to get things. All of the listings seem to go to thousands of points fast.

reigns
1/5/15

I'm about to close my listia account due to too many grasping, lying, manipulative and cheap members. I spend hours of my time, and a lot of money hand making the baby items i list, which I can otherwise sell for a decent profit on etsy or eBay, but I try to be a good person and offer my items for credits, rather than cash. I've never asked for more than 5000 credits for my items, and never sold them for more than 8000. They are professional, show-quality pieces. They're sold elsewhere as newborn photography props. I've seen cheaper knock-offs sell for 78000 or more. However, I'm not greedy. I'd rather help someone in need than get credits. What bothers me is how buyers see a quality item, which is already listed at a severely low price with free shipping, and then either offer an insultingly low GIN, or send private messages for a custom order, wait until the item is made, then message that they don't have credits, and try to manipulate me to just send them the item for free. It's disgusting! So, after my current auctions end (which already have bids, so I can't close them) I'm deleting my account, and never looking back.

Tip for consumers: Dont bother.

amberb23
1/5/15

I can't get enough of this site. I win stuff on listia and turn around and sell it on ebay! The best part about this site is that you spend credits, not money. You can get credits by doing surveys or giving things away. Many newbies thinl they don't have to send the item... Actually, they won't get any credits until the winner says they recieved it.

racheln14
12/28/14

I dropped Listia pretty quick because after getting hosed on shipping for a stuffed purse auction I decided it just wasn't worth it. My husband is housebound though and collects coins so he has stayed with it a while longer. Listia's rules for listings are in a constant state of flux. He had extras of a dollar coin (he won the extras on Listia) so he listed the ones he didn't need to fill up his album. One auction was removed by Listia for being an 'illegal' auction. The other two (same coin, same mint and date) were left up. He has now received notice that his account is suspended because he listed 'illegal' coins that were the same as some he recently auctioned on Listia. I have noticed his account seems to be more carefully reviewed whenever Listia does a promotional credit offer. He also seems to have had increased scrutiny ever since he outbid another member for a coin. Listia has a robust tattletale system where members get badges for reporting 'illegal' auctions even though the rules on the site don't specify in detail what makes a coin 'illegal' or 'collectible', this information is only shared via private message/email from a moderator once you violate the rules and changes depending on the moderator. Most recently he was told only uncirculated coins are allowed never mind that you could probably find a hundred auctions right now for circulated coins on Listia. Listia's end game seems to be to get people to buy credits and then ban them for some supposed violation of the rules so they can keep the credits and the money. Save yourself a headache, if you trade coins go to Numista.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use the site.

allyg1
12/25/14

I am quite disappointed in this site. They admins do not know how to deal with a dispute fairly, and you can easily be scammed. Listian maryjaneblair is a scammed who is rude, and scammed me. Watch out for her. She has a tendency to buy your item and then claim she never got them.

kimm73
12/23/14

Way too many scammers on this site for me. As a newer user it took me a little bit to get the hang of things. I lost out on shipping at first and quickly figured out how to set minimum bids. Instructions on the site can be difficult to find for certain questions. After selling those items, I tried to use my credits. I have bid on and won 7 auctions. To date, I've only received 1 item. 1 is still pending. 5 I had to request refunds of my credits because seller wasn't redponding to me or just never sent item. I would give them plenty of time (in most cases a month) to ship. I left neutral feedback (because the option for negative feedback was disabled) after the latest scammer got $7. of my shipping fees which I had to pay thru pay pal. She wrote back lying saying I didn't read instructions and just paid shipping five days ago and didn't wait 14-21 days for the item. In fact, I had paid shipping over 34 days prior to filing dispute and then waited over 30 days for shipping. There are a few good sellers. The one item I won came with the week of winning the auction. The other I am waiting on was shipped the day after I won auction. These good sellers are few and far between the scammers though. Most other reviews I have read in this site are also true.

meredithm5
12/20/14

Listia is a scam for sellers. Living in Canada I cannot provide tracking. It costs too much. So I state as much, as Listia asks me to. Well, I believe the buyer thinks it is quite alright to claim they never received an item. And I have paid REAL $S to ship it to them. Then they want their points back, but do they have to send the item back to me---NO!--This doesn't seem to be a Listia policy, as it is on eBay or Etsy. This site is NOT FREE! FOR THE SELLERS IT COSTS A FORTUNE. As of this moment, it is no longer in my life.Write your review to help others learn about this online business

Tip for consumers: SCAM. COSTS SELLER MONEY.

at399
12/20/14

Lista fixes bids!I bid on an item up to the last second which was like 3:30 but they let someone win who haden't bid since 2:30 according to there own bid listing mind you!!That side is a waste of time.And on top of it to many people on there playing games I had someone who won my auction but they never would give me a real name to send it to so they never got it.Sounded to shady!!Sorry to say I will leave Lista it's not right.

Tip for consumers: Be careful.

brianc69
12/20/14

Listia is a good site but the moderators def are lacking, they post rules and then choose to break them for some members I recently had a dispute with a seller , cuz item was not item sent and Listia rules that seller has 7 days to give them the verified address , meanwhile 14 days past with numerous emails to Listia and only 1 response and that was that seller had til nov 26th deadline or credits would be refunded automatically to me ( which was 9 days after the 1st message said 7 days) then , wow, Listia claims that they had address in time but didnt give it to me so I was out the shipping I paid seller and my shipping paid to send back item... Okay now the 2nd and current dispute: I listed 2 sets of headphones and the winner did gin deal for both and in winners own words the items were as described but 1 of them smelled a little like smoke and he cant use them, he even sent message stating he understood if I didnt refund cuz he should have asked in 1 of the many messages. Then he opens dispute anyways and of course very quickly listia ruled in his favor , even though in policies it say to bidders to make sure before bidding that you want item and you know what you are ghetting.
So now after paying 12 bucks for 1st dispute in shipping and 21 bucks on the latest 1 I am screwed again , I have to relist them when I get them back and pay more shipping. Listia tied up my credits in 1t issue for 3 half weeks so who knows what this 1 will bring. They def seem to have they're favorites here and opt to bend rules in they're favor and not once in mine favor, even though the rules say both times should have .

Tip for consumers: use with caution and dont expect miracles

seanb40
12/20/14

Holy crap. This is some bs on this free site. They scam you as much as possible. Their support team is inexperienced. Doesn't know how the site runs. Or doesn't like it when you're right and they're wrong. They closed my account for some fake bs. When I was an experienced user. NEVER USE IT NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU THINK IT IS. THEY EVENTUALLY CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT DOWN.

casieo1
12/20/14

I lost over 400,000 credits and was banned for something I was suspended over months ago and haven't done since . It was weird. I got online to find I was banned. I have been harassed by a moderator and I even filed a complaint but nothing went from it.
I've had my life threatened more than once by scammers and Listia didn't remove them
They put in a new policy of no digital items which is my creative side. The day after the policy took effect and I listed stuff, they were all deleted with no explanation . Then 7 day suspension . I complained to the moderator whom then began to Harrass me. It only provoked him once I filed the complaint then I was banned.

I'm looking to file harassment charges against moderator Taz
And will see what an attorney says about them not protecting members from threats

Tip for consumers: If you suffer from anxiety or stress don't sign up! Most of my neutral feedback is because I didn't ship for free but that's not what they write
The problem is, that's all you see . You can't see my remark to their complaint
Moderator abuse their power. They know we need them

morgans25
12/16/14

Love the site, hate the so called 'Support Team.' 100% useless, unprofessional and vindictive (they don't like it when you prove them wrong).

Opened a request about a month ago about getting a slanderous comment removed, even had proof that the comment wasn't true, but Listia refused. A couple of weeks later they remove some of my auctions and suspend my seller account stating, "(My) auctions are slanderous and (they) don't allow slander."

Then there's the whole incident involving a seller who didn't know how to properly ship her item and I had proof and still got my account suspended, seller was never asked to provide proof, they just sided with her. Said, it was okay to suspend my account for suspicious activity even though I provided photo evidence. After I had paid for the shipping for the item that arrived 'Postage Due' the Listia contract was null-and-void, per Listia policy, which means they officially had no jurisdiction over the transaction, yet they still suspended my account.

Listia policy is a joke and, no matter what it says, Listia 'staff' doesn't give a damn about its users. They will copy and paste whatever vague policy guideline they think answers your question just to get you off their back (trust me, I've had multiple duplicate answers to the same request from different people because they only read the topic line and legitimately nothing else).

I've won some great things on the site, but lately, due to the integrity of the sellers, in general, and Listia's 'Support Team's' inability and lack of interest in doing something about it, I've become more and more unsatisfied with the site and actually find myself using it less and less.

Tip for consumers: Use the site at your own risk, and, if you do, think twice about opening a Support Ticket because their entire 'team' is full of $#*! (like Tom F).

jonathann9
12/15/14

I think the site is great. There are a few hiccups that need to be addressed but overall it is a nice place to bid on things you want but don't have the money for. I found things around the house I don't use anymore and decided to post them and to my surprise I got good bids. I complete offers for credits as well and with the auctions of things I don't need and the completed offers I was able to buy many things. Even sold a cell phone I don't use anymore for 200k credits which I paid 2k credits for on Listia. Of course I had to fix the broken screen and unlock it but hey that is a 198k credit increase than what I paid. That is awesome!!

Tip for consumers: Don't try to come on scamming and have multiple accounts because it is easy to track your IP and figure out you are bidding on your own auction to boost credits.. Regards jonathannagel1

amandat31
12/13/14

I think Listia is Awesome. Of course let me say that I have lost a lot of bids. First off just because It says 2000 is the item doesn't mean that someone hasn't upped their bid to 2500 but It won't show that on the page or who outbid you until it ends. I don't sell many things on their I do a lot of watching videos and offers. I was able to get a bunch of nice things for people for gifts. I don't refer much people to listia. If you get banned than it's either one of two things someone got mad at you on Listia and flagged your account or 2 you may have a conflict with the Listia always send an email to Listia If so. Course I have always recieved the items I won but those that do not send out items should be banned indefinitely. I think It's important to talk to the winner of the auction they won from you, Get Verified, Facebook,phone,twitter. Give Listia a second chance. Friend me on their or fan me. I personally think being banned from others Auctions though is kind of like saying I don't like you and I don't want you to bid. You may get blocked If you comment on an auction saying you can find that same item elsewhere If you don't win. I have done it once and found out that the person banned me from her auctions. I was trying to be nice and she wanted a higher auction price so I guess she didn't want my credits.

Tip for consumers: Get Verified,
Don't make more than 1 account per household.
If a friend wants to use your address for Listia do not let them do it,Report them for fraud.
Be Honest about what you List because details matter,
Communicate with Listia and Buyers,sellers, Is Key.
Be active and sell items.
Get paypal account to use for Listia no Western Union payments.
Do Not press Got it at the area of the screen where you have your verified address until you have the item.
The Listers will not get credi

bethn8
12/12/14

I have been on listia about 10 months , I Love It, like any website you have to use your smarts, read litia rules, ask questions, I have won over 200 Auctions, held over 60 and yes I have come in contact with some odd not so fun people less than a hand full out of 1000s, for the most part people are on there to have fun, like in life you win some you loose some, Winning or loosing I'm not sure sometimes on Listia what one is actually more fun. If you go into it to have fun,you will have a plastic, the few people you may come across there is a womdefull little button withe the letters BLOCK, just touch it and you have invited them to your block party, any misunderstandings, there is always a Listia Official to settle them,I have always found them to be very fair. No matter what critics say YOU can choose to spend money or not too, It is all up to you!!! Again, I LOVE my Listia, you can too, just don't take it all so serious, its only points and meant to be fun, Oh, and some of the stuff is amazing, I won an auction a man had on there for an employee handbook for NASA, specifically for the communication engineers, My father was one of those engineers, years ago he had a stroke but always missed his days at the Cape, (Fl.) I won that Auction and gave that handbook to him today along with some extra pictures and things the gentlemen sent, him knowing my father worked for them, Today was one of the first times I saw my father brake down and cry, I thank Listia for that!!!

Tip for consumers: My tip would be have fun, strategize, and enjoy, and remember you cant always win,

bettiea
12/11/14

There is a woman on Listia who cheated me out of my first auction I did on there. I won an auction for a necklace and sent $3,97 for shipping. She never sent the necklace and I lost my shipping money because I waited for the necklace too long and PayPal only lets you wait so long. I checked her name on Listia and she does this a lot to people. In my world this is fraud and she is getting a lot of money cheating people out of their shipping money, I don't understand why Listia continues to let her do this to people. Why don't they ban her from selling on Listia? It was the first thing I bid on and now I am auctioning things on Listia, but I treat people with respect and don't cheat anyone.

Tip for consumers: This woman sells cheap necklaces on Listia, cheats you out of your money for shipping, it is always $3.97 and she will not answer your emails. Beware of her.

btcb
12/10/14

You asked for it, so here you are, a big #$@! and one star because i can't give less. My account was banned due to "Funneling credits". I don't even know what that means and i cannot find it in the terms eighter. I've solt one product to a friend to have one single positive feedback. So now i've lost tge credits and the account. Well, keep on doing what you do, i bet your site will be down in notime ;) Bye

Tip for consumers: A tip for outsiders? KEEP OUT! You might wake up to an e-mail stqting that all your credits were taken and the account banned!

erical11
12/8/14

A friend of mine told me about this and recommend I try it out. She said it was a great site and she got a lot of neat stuff on there for free basically. So, I sign up cause I'm basically poor and at first, everything was cool, I didn't have enough credits to buy or bid on most of the things I liked but when I would bid on something I would always be outbid, which is a common thing except it would never show who kept bidding, it would have the first person who outbid me and the time stamp but that would never change even though every time I bid, I would be outbid by 10 credits, even when I would bid most of my credits, I would still somehow be outbid by 10, like it was a computer outbidding me. This happened to me numerous times and eventually, I just quite bothering with the site. No point in being on there when I apparently, keep being outbid by some invisible force.

tiffanyp12
12/7/14

Screw Listia! The admins are complete jerks and buyers screw sellers all of the time! I have spent over $50 on shipping items free to buyers and the buyers are ungrateful thieves who are out to steal your item and your credits. One buyer who stole my item, my credits and the money I spent on shipping has a history of scamming people out of designer purses and crying to lisita that they never got their item. Seriously, they have left over 88 negative feedbacks for sellers saying they never got their item. Listia of course sided with the scammer even though I provided proof of shipping the item and now I am out the shipping costs, the value of the item, and my credits. And one ungrateful buyer cried to Listia that an item I sold them as new in package is not new because it has a goodwill price sticker on it. Um, hello, Goodwill sells brand new items too! I'm sure Listia will give the idiot their credits back so AGAIN I will lose my item, my shipping money, and my credits. Forget that. Do not sell items on Listia unless you want to be screwed by the evil Listia admins and ungrateful buyers!

Tip for consumers: Do NOT sell items on Listia! Buyers are out to scam you and Listia will side with them and you will lose your items, your credits, and your shipping money! See the receipt in the picture? Yeah, the idiot complained to Listia that I never sent their item and Listia gave them their credits so the person stole my item and my credits! Not to mention the $3.58 I spent on shipping!

maryb140
12/7/14

They allow minor children to do commerce to falsely inflate their enrollment numbers to sell ads, listia is run with no integrity, I do not believe they should allow "FU" bumper stickers, porn and knives to be sold to 8 years old from facebook, this site needs to be shut down and the people running it need to be arrested for fraud among other things. After I out this posting up, they suspended from their site, they stole over 118,000 of my credits. Go look up the lawsuit, where they had to pay for almost $200,000 in back pay for their employees, that tried to pay in their devalued "credits" and or called them volunteers, the people running this site are thieves from another country, they need to go the prison.

Tip for consumers: The problem with this site is they allow children on it, and there is no accountability for bad behavior. You can sell knives and guns and even porn magazines and allow children to purchase them. This site needs to be shut down.

margeb2
12/3/14

These people suspended my account for NO reason and took THOUSANDS of dollars of my credits!!! I had 100% feedback and never had a complaint from ANYONE. This is GRAND LARCENY. These people belong in JAIL. And don't bother telling me to contact customer support, they are the biggest frauds of all!!

farkelr
12/2/14

I have been Listia Member for 3 years, I have 5000 FB, 100% Positive

NOW for some reason, a few weeks before Christmas, Listia revokes my credits privilages. No explanation, no warning.

When I asked them why, they said credits before shipping were a Privilages and they could revoke them for any reason. I have had no negative reviews, no complaints, no holds against my account WTF listia?

I'm out. The moderators like to bully the users.

Tip for consumers: Play here if you want, but don't put your heart into it.

matts73
12/2/14

This site just really sucks now, they're inflating the price to the point where most people are leaving. They're also kicking off loyal users. They will find a reason to ban you and you will get no compensation for the items you sold. I seriously think all that needs to be done is for a group of people that's been screwed over by these communist Chinese $#*!s is to file a class action law suit against them. Stay away from this site... they make amazon and ebay look amazon.

rickk31
12/1/14

I have been on listia now for 2yaers almost and at first it was an awesome and addicting site but as time has passed and LISTIA has grown it now has turned to all about money, the admin never answer their"support"tickets. The admin are the only ones to win the new stuff in the rewards store because the can give themselves as many credits as they want. The admin make extra accounts, and nothing can be done about it. And now the prices have doubled ever tripled in the rewards store since admin is the only ones with credits they get all the new stuff. One admin admitted to winning a tv from best buy, I put in a support ticket and it went unanswered. I'm spending all my credits and leaving that site and spreading to the worldwideweb to NOT use this scamming site.

03/03/15--; I must say in the past 3 months Listia has worked on many of the problems that the site was having. As far as the forementioned of the admin actions. I have not seen too much change, however the moderators are Jonny on the spot taking care of a negative situation. They respond to "support tickets" in the same "chain of actions, but it does seem that they are trying to boot the scammers off the site when one is presented to them. I like that they put the reward store/staff picks back to the auction style listings, versus the get it now style, it gives us that have a life beyond listia a fighting chance to get the new stuff from the stores. I can see the the admin is striving to put listia back to the way it was 2 1/2 years ago. A fun and addicting online site to get rid of old stuff and get someone else's old stuff. I have to bump my stars up to 2 specifically at the fact that they are taking comments made on review sites into consideration. Keep striving for making this back to the wonderful site that it was when I first joined. One thing if someone comes to you and tells you that an auction is an obviously fake auction, think about it, read what the person has to say and really study the fake auction, so as the scammers will get tired of having their fake auctions deleted.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE IT. STOP WHILE YOUR AHEAD, YOU DONT NEED ANOTHER STRESSOR IN YOUR LIFE AND THATS WHAT LISTIA DOES. CAUSE STRESS

03/03/15 getting better and moving in the right direction. Not nearly as much of a stressor, and actually becoming fun again.

marwas
12/1/14

Listia.com website is ultimate dodger and charlatan. Its mechanism fib and fallacious auctions to bid. Their target dissimulating it is real in order to steal your stuff by instigate you selling your item gives you credits and points to bid on another stuff and items throughout the website. Then you submit it and few days ago, your items being sold and you being granted the (veneer) credits. That is it. your items sold away for nothing. Your shoddy credits are useless even if it is one billion or so. It doesn't work by this scam website's software.
This bandit website is used to embezzle no money but diverse and variable products.
Don't be victim and oaf by this mobster and gangster such website and don't let these meretricious and flamboyant campaigns to deceive you. It is definitely scam. And all business websites are scammmmmmmmm. That is what I tell you to save your time from any obsession and thought to enroll in any minute of your life at any one of whatever any business website. Same traits and lascivious characters.

Tip for consumers: Dangerous, don't approach.

gregoryd16
11/27/14

have you noticed that listia reduced the price that they sell there credits this makes everyones stash of credits worth less and every thing on listia cost more

laurene4
11/18/14

I've gotten a lot of great things from Listia. Things I would have probably paid a lot of money for on ebay, so in that respect, I love the site. It gets expensive giving out free shipping when listing your own auctions, but I think the costs I've paid for shipping are kind of an exchange for the cool stuff I've received. Now, there IS a ghetto section of Listia that makes me cringe. Almost everything in the 'Digital Delivery' section is ridiculous. They should only allow gift cards. Period. I've seen what looks like 16 year old girls listing 'PICS OF ME' and crappy wallpapers and recipes you could get from google in three seconds. It's really creepy and makes me ashamed to share the site with others.

kaim22
11/11/14

I am reviewing Listia.com so you don't spend your time and energy on it like I have done. It is being penny wise and pound foolish with your time and your life. I at first thought it was a fun and creative way to 'trade' products that couldn't easily be sold on eBay, but have had some bad experiences. It is like the Wild West, with no rules or regulations and people who take advantage of you. They will draw you in by giving you some 'free' points but, believe me, nothing is free.

They use a point system, where the points to 'win' something can skyrocket, but the value is not a given and some sellers are offering 'samples' - you know, the samples given out free in stores - appear to be full size bottles rather than samples because of the way they are photographed, appearing to be bigger than they are. Then you are spending the equivalent of what you would spend by walking into a drugstore and simply buying a full-size product! Sellers hustle you by making you think you're bidding on something you're not by not answering questions - and if you bid, you'll find yourself winning a tiny little sample and if you object, you are in the hands of an anonymous 'moderator' with no recourse once he/she makes his/her decision for or against you if you think you have been wronged (I have been on both sides of this equation and in both instances, I have lost money. For example, someone send me something defective... I had paid for the shipping through Paypal and could never recover it.) There is truly nothing free on this site...the points ARE money and you can buy points on Paypal.)

Or people send you things without tracking and if you don't have your exact "verified" address, the "moderators" will side with them if something gets lost. There is no phone number on the site - at ALL, no one to call... unlike eBay or Amazon, yet real money is exchanged. One can pays for shipping very often, if that is what the seller wants. There are all sorts of ways to lose money on this site and no recourse or appeal. These cranky sellers insist "no buyer's remorse" as a way of passing off a complaint against the shock at receiving a tiny sample they have misrepresented as a fuller bottle by photographing it so you can't read the print and not answering questions. There is all sorts of crankiness represented. This is a site where people create stuffed purses full of samples - I suppose this is interesting in terms of trading, a kind of DIY culture, especially female (I'm female, this is not a dis, women stuffing purses with hair products, maybe stay-at-home moms). I love trading, but not cheating! This is great but only if one is one the up-and-up in terms of value. But there is no way of evaluating true 'worth' on this site. What is a dollar? What is $10? There is also no way to withdraw a bid. There is inconsistency throughout the site, i.e some people sell used makeup, other used makeup products are withdrawn. There is no true set of rules for moderators. It is arbitrary. And no way to appeal.

There is a lot of junk on here - in terms of what is offered. After spending a lot of useless hours and wasting, I would say, about $100... and countless hours... worth far more than that... I wish I had just gone to Target or CVS and bought what I needed. The worse part was realizing that some people really feel okay about sending you a sample and feeling okay about receiving the equivalent of $8.00 or so for it. And saying 'no buyer's remorse.' These are middle-American moms, such as Rebecca 3910 on Listia (below) who proudly portrays her young son at the beach, who is a scammer at heart. I thought there was some integrity left but everyone's trying to make a buck.

Tip for consumers: Don't get drawn in by the free points they give you to start!

susanb64
11/6/14

I won an auction in September, communicated w/seller, transferred $4.75 to her PayPal account for shipping. Seller acknowledged, sent tracking number, which did not work. Item never arrived, I contacted Listia who transferred the credits back to my account. My inquiries regarding the $4.75 shipping were ignored. They have a good idea but lousy customer service.

Tip for consumers: Only bid on items w/free shipping. Listia will protect your credits, but not your actual money.

renew14
11/4/14

I just "sold" my first item on listia.. what a joke! It was a $30.00 item that "sold" for 2,900 credits, which by my math is less than $4.00. Then I had to pay the postage $13.50... wow.. I just paid money to give my item away.. what a waste of my time. Don't bother

Tip for consumers: Calculate and really understand the points system, so you don't waste your time and your money

theresat4
11/3/14

I love it but offering Free Shipping to the buyer all the time is SUPER expensive to the seller. When I list my items without offering "Free Shipping" they don't do well. Wish I knew how to sell but not go in dept with the shipping cost.

Tip for consumers: I've had to deal with rude people too. Don't let the bad outweigh the good.

juliem67
10/26/14

I Joined Listia August 1, 2014 and now i'am a certified LISTIA addict its happy to Shop without using any Money i received many Packages almost everyday this Site helps me a lot saving Money everything you need is here Shoes,Clothes,Jewelry,Phones,Tablets and many more just for FREE!!!! Highly Recommended for Everyone who want's to save a lot of $$$$$ Come and Join for FREE!!! https://www.listia.com/signup/7049814 Copy paste this Link to the Web search to sign up for FREE!

muhammadh6
10/25/14

I have sell about more than 100 products and was able to collect around 100,000 credits so that I could bid on something big. First I was only unable to bid but now I am unable to login as well. My account was banned with reason "Funneling credits". I assure them that I have only 1 account and also asked them to please let me know that what they had identified and give me a chance to prove my innocence but no reply yet received. I have done lot of hard work to market my products and encouraging users to bid on my products through various blogs etc and now my account is suspended when the time has come to spend those credits. I asked them to kindly reactivate my account or tell me what I should do so that my account would be activated but no reply yet received. With the help of this site I hope I could get a reply.

Tip for consumers: Use your credits as soon as possible.

ariadnag1
10/22/14

This site used to be a good site with honorable people where you rarely got cheated but they've changed their policies in a way that benefits "new" users who want to scam you and since you can't leave negative feedback, they can bully and harass and then leave "neutral" feedback that leaves a permanent stain on your record. And support is a joke. They just give you canned answers and don't do anything for their loyal users that helped them grow to who they are now.

emh4
10/21/14

Been trying to get ADMIN to release my credits with no consistent real reason why they are being held. Up until last week they were being released on a daily basis. I have many badges and 100% + FB. I am a trusted seller and buy frequently when i find something. In the last 4 days they have held 98% of my credits and released 2 items, making no sense because the credit values and n no way comparable to what's being held. Some are higher, some lower. So holding credits because they are high value items makes no sense. Completion rate? what is that? How can a person bid on items if they are holding credits? A weekend is a busy time! If the past shows them being released and NOW they are holding them, WHY? ADMIN, are you reading this? I get no constant answer from any HELP desk person. I feel the run around for no apparent reason.
And, I ask questions in my support tickets that no one answers. WHY?

lisah88
10/16/14

davidb229
10/15/14

I already tried contacting Customer Support and submitting a BBB complaint and got no help so hopefully this will work. Someone hacked my account and used most of my credits. While I was in the process of straightening this out, my account was suspended. I had 100% positive feedback and 2 million credits that I literally cannot afford to lose as this is my only job now. Please help me get my account back.

stephanieb35
10/15/14

I've been enjoying Listia since I found it! So far I've been happy with the items that were sent to me and I've also had good luck with folks buying from me! I am happy with listia it is a fun place you should join me here!
Yes you have to pay attention to what you are buying and read all discriptions of the items. I always do research on the item I'm bidding on so I don't spend more than what it's worth. Other than that Love it something to do to get great things I need.

Tip for consumers: Yes you have to pay attention to what you are buying and read all discriptions of the items. I always do research on the item I'm bidding on so I don't spend more than what it's worth.

jorgez4
10/14/14

It's a scam. If you make any credits, they'll find a BS reason to ban your account. My account got banned for listing "junk items", whichis total BS, but they won't listen to any appeals. I'll never get back my investment of TIME and MONEY that was put into that site. STAY AWAY!

seanc47
10/14/14

i was listing a few xbox 360 games on this site and was being harrassed by a moderator that goes by the name farmgirl not sure what was wrong but each auction i listed she would have something negative to say about it i put 3 pictures of my item and gave all info of damage if any and i also stated that if the issue was not acceptable then i could and would make it as good as new if it was a factor this moderator kept making the statement that i wasnt adding enough info for my auctions if there is nothing wrong then why cant i say slightly used no scratches or never played if that was the case? so i removed my auctions and tried to respond to the moderator with this message --- Moderator Farmgirl Hello, i removed this auction so you wouldn't be worried about the listing and i will contact the administration and find the guidelines i must follow to adhere to your postings on my auctions i guess listia isn't the place for me to give and get free stuff. link to my listings http://www.listia.com/auction/20647501-viking-battle-for-asgard

Tip for consumers: this site will cause anger management problems for you and does nothing but give power to those thyat are mearly seeking a power trip for the riding not knowing i bet the admins would see that this moderator was running people away from using the site instead of assisting the sellers with the needs that show a problem

chrisl80
10/14/14

Seller refund credits,still got NEGATIVE FB from buyer and Listia NEVER have contact/support in place( like normal business practice??).It is one way street,people!.Nice to have freecycle-oriented site but beware!

Tip for consumers: Beware of freeloader want free ship for things that already free?

pattyn5
10/2/14

I have used this site for over a year now. At first I was addicted but as time went by that feeling gave way to basic anger of the way Listia solves problems They send generic answers to problems that do not solve anything. For instance when an auction is closed and nothing has been resolved they send these generic answers that cannot help you because its closed and there are NO buttons that work to click on F#!*&^(*) very frustrating to say the least my credits they never credited me for was also given to me as a FU we did too Never did a human take a calculator to see they did screw me!!! Never did I get anything/problem solved with satisfaction!!! They never credited me for 3 of my auctions I held (total was around 7000) Plus 2 people ripped me off my shipping payments ($5.00) All this has sucked the fun out of Listia for me

shawnaf1
9/29/14

Horrible customer service, and sellers, didn't receive a product and they refused to refund my credits that I bought. They suck and I am contacting the BBB

emilyv13
9/24/14

The site itself is OK but can lag. Its great to get rid of stuff but there are way too many rude free loaders on there. You are willing to give your stuff away for free but still ppl complain you are also not shipping it for free! Seriously the rude comments left on my auctions regarding shipping is giving me serious doubt's I will contine listing me items. I may just be a bidder from now on....

danh64
9/21/14

At first I liked Listia, but as time goes on, I keeping bumping into problems Their site is currently down, and I have 14 items I am bidding on and could be losing now but can't do anything while site is down. The other day, pictures were down. You can buy/sell something if you can't see it. Its happening more and more often. I decided to try to list something, and after I did, a kind listian pointed out I wasn't verified to sell. It already had a bid, so I contacted Listing (twice) pleading with them to fix the ability to get verified. I did the phone method which said I only had one more chance? Put in correct code on the two chances it gave me....and it said it was wrong. Its 4 digits and I am not an idiot. I used the link your bank account by letting Listing charge $1.00,,,,I did it twice and I am STILL not verified. I took a $30.00 loss because only two people bid because the verification process is screwed up. I have done special offers to get points. The points don't show up and I am told there is no record I performed the task. Now I keep a receipt to show them.
I think this started out small and family like....but grew into a greedy profit making corporation, Watch, I'll probably get kicked off for some excuse when its really about my comments. Thats o.k., I am actively seeking a new place anyway.

victoriah15
9/19/14

listia sucks theres no system in place to make sure the new people are able to win stuff the site is dominated by greedy bidders who over bid on most of the items making it almost impossible to win anything i tried to win a 15 dollar amazon gift card and the same bidder over bidded on every amazon gift card on the site there should be a system in place to make sure everyone gets a fair shot

michelleg38
9/19/14

It's a fun place to upcycle things in your house. The problem is, once you've cleared your stuff, you want to bid on other people's things. You do run into a few scammers, but they're easy to spot the more you are there.

Plus you can get your credits back, simply by opening a ticket. There is also a block button if need be.

Tip for consumers: It's like ebay but for credits, not money.

sheril9
9/16/14

In one weeks time first my account was banned, then today my husbands account was banned. Listia informed me that my account which had almost 20,000 credits told me I had violated their rules by having two people in the same household using the same computer on Listia. No where in there rules did it say that until after I pitched a fit then it magically appeared in their rules. I know several couples on Listia that share a computer that still have active accounts. Not account cancelled with no warning I lost out on money due to the shipping costs that I covered and received no compensation. All of my credits were taken away without any notice and my account banned. Then today I was notified that my husbands account was banned. The reason they gave was at first "funneling of credits" when I responded to this accusation asking how they then told me "It appears the account in question received a permanent account suspension due to the transferring of credits between accounts connected to yours. This violates our rules on accumulating credits fraudulently or unfairly." I have a pretty good idea what they are implying here, which is my mother in law also has an account with Listia. When my husband still lived in Texas he did an auction with her as a local pick up. This was back in August. Her account today was suspended. She has been an active Listian since Dec 27, 2013 with 100% positive feedback. Ok Listia Tom can you fix this? My husband had almost 30,000 credits due to numerous surveys being done. He wants to be able to use his credits and if not then we should get reimbursement for the shipping of our completed auctions as well as the special offers we completed to gain credits that we paid with our cash to get. I can provide receipts from tracking for every single one.

Tip for consumers: Don't join Listia. If you make friends on listia you take the chance of being accused of funneling credits between accounts.

amyo4
9/7/14

This websites great I love being able to get rid of my stuff but I just don't like how people keep acting rudely if you charge for shipping. I mean you are already getting things for free why are people being ungrateful. The mods should find a way to restrict bad comments for charging shipping. I give away a lot of stuff if I offered free shipping for everything I would be broke I'm a college student I dont have that much money. People on ebay aren't rude when you charge shipping.

katev7
9/5/14

i like listia, have used it almost a year, but the nasty people are just ruining it. last one called me a liar and now that feedback is at the top of the list. should just have the rating and no comments from nasty people. i have a good rating (100%) and trusted seller badge, etc, but that is the feedback at the top that others see first. it is not our fault if the person is too dumb to use tracking and so the post office loses an item, and we the honest ones suffer for it. leaving after i receive the last item i won.

Tip for consumers: nothing would help, a lot of the trusted sellers cannot be trusted, and if an item gets lost, which is no ones fault, they can be nasty with impunity.

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Why can't my friends of Facebook bid on any of my actions? When he bid on one of mine is said deleted fraud activity or something like that. How can it be Fraud if they say post on there so more people can bid on your action!? He wanted it & is a friend so he wanted to bid so I don't understand that. Can anymore help? Is it going to cause a problem for the both of us?
8/31/13
Answer
oliviel
A: if your friend bid on your auctions, u both will be suspended quickly. dont do it.
5/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: do you get paid in cash on your auctions when you list on listia :
1/28/15
Answer
simonm44
A: if buyer suspended seller may not get any credits.
5/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Listia staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

22 Photos for Listia