US Government's NSF

cindys5

99 Reviews for Listia.com

▼ Sort by: recent

8/12/13

I have used Listia a few years off and on. I have had haters, liars, and cheats over and again on this site. One person never sent her item claiming she was too busy to get it out. But, looking at all her feedback she left others, she did that to all the people. I had one lady get a watch from me, never left feedback, quit Listia and I had to wait forever to get the credits. One lady said she received the envelope but nothing was in it, now why would I do that? Then she asked for her credits back. WHATEVER! I am done selling on Listia and will try to close my account when I receive the last of the items.

8/12/13

I think people need to realize that you can't trust anything for face value. I'm new to Listia and I reported some middle schooler trying to auction off 2 laptops, and he was using images from Ebay, of all places. I got on the next day and his auctions had been deleted by Listia. So far I have won a $5 Starbucks Giftcard and a coupon for a free tub of Pillsbury Dough (cookie dough, biscuits etc.)

I think people just need to do a bit of research. If it looks like a stock image, you can drop the image into Google image search and it will find any versions of that picture on the internet. I do agree that Listia staff need their customer service skills looked at, but most of this stuff could be handles by people being a bit more cautious with what they bid on. If it looks to good to be true, it probably is!

7/15/13

Listia sided with a buyer and won't remove my wrongful neutral - I contacted the buyer the next day, Tuesday, June 4, after she won on Monday, June 3 asking for a verified shipping address. The buyer never gave me a verified shipping address. I contacted her the day before the last day, on Sunday, June 9 asking for a verified shipping address again and that if I didn't get one by midnight on Monday, June 10, I would keep the credits and re-list the item. On June 12th I contacted her that morning and told her that per Listia rules, I was keeping the credits and that I would be re-listing the item. I re-listed the item and someone else won with a GIN. Later that night, she sends me her verified shipping address and marks the item received. I am sending out the item to the winner of the re-listed auction since the first buyer neglected to send me her verified mailing address. This woman gave me a neutral and put that I gave her every excuse in the book for not sending. I gave her a neutral (since I couldnt file a dispute against the buyer) and wrote "how could I have made every excuse in the book when you didnt respond to ANY messages I sent you asking for your verified address? per listia rules after 7 days i keep the credits and relist the ítem. you are wrong for giving me a neutral!" - I contacted Listia and they told me that the only way the neutral would change is if she filed a dispute. Since this was 6000 credits she lost, I figured she would. She didn't. She knows she is wrong and she is refusing to file a dispute. It is like Listia is allowing this woman to lie. She also gave someone else a negative because she sent a broken item out of spite. This woman needs to be taken off of Listia.

Listia customer service does not care about righting wrongs. If they would allow sellers to dispute buyers, none of this stuff would even happen. It is amazing how ebay sellers can file disputes against buyers, but we can't file disputes against listia buyers...its ashame!

By the way, I have flagged her name and blocked her. I had sent her a message on FB and she read it, but never filed a dispute. Her nic is palomacita71 - DON'T DEAL WITH THIS WOMAN!!!!!! Block her from your auctions before she starts giving you trouble!!!!

Veteran Reviewer
7/4/13

My God people, just look at the reviews by their own members! Why would any sane person intentionally subject themselves to this???

7/4/13

I am a User on this site with over 2,000 positive feedback and a 100% rating. I list quality sports cards on the site & then buy either other sports cards or something my family needs.

In this one case - I listed about 60 sport cards (there policy states no more then 100 at a time). In this case - I was using the credits I won to purchase Best Buy $15 Gift Cards through Listia's Rewards store - to save enough to buy my 13 year old son a laptop for the upcoming school year. After the auctioning of the 60 sports cards - and using the credits to purchase 14 gift cards - I received an email from Listia stating my account was SUSPENDED from BIDDING for 14 days. - Of course I was highly upset, - I did nothing wrong - and was simply trying to get a Laptop for my son

I contacted Listia Customer Service through their Support System (email only - there is no way to contact via phone). After 3 days - I did not get an answer and it took another fellow member who is also a Top User on the page to contact them & say "What the heck are you doing - amongst other things" I then get an email back 5 minutes after he sends an email stating - they suspended me from Bidding because of the Unusual amount of listed auctions - and I needed to first SEND the auctions out and after 14 days BID again.

NOW - Ive been on this site for nearly 3 years - I HAVE NEVER had a problem - have sent out my items and through my feedback - I am praised for the items I ship - As per their own rules & regulations - I BROKE NONE, yet they took it upon themselves to let my auctions END - have 65,000 credits I can not spend to purchase the gift cards or anything at that - and THEY WONT EVEN ANSWER MY EMAILS. IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT A CUSTOMER OF ALMOST 3 YEARS WITH A 100% FEEDBACK RATING OF OVER 2,000 TRANSACTIONS???

6/6/13

I love the idea of the site, but their support is crap. I've been trying to get a hold of them for 2 weeks with nothing for a response. I have many issues with their site, and even though they say they will get back to you within 2 days, they seem to have no regard for fixing them. I want to cancel my membership on the site, but I'd really like to get the baby dress I just won first!

5/29/13

I have been a member of Listia since November 2012, less than a year now, and have won many amazing auctions and sold my own for what they're worth. Only had one negative transaction between me and a lady who wanted nothing for the starting bid on a tote bag I liked, but she wanted a whopping 99,999 for GIN. On top of that, she wanted $9.98 to be EXACT for shipping. The current bid had reached 30 credits, and I won it with that. I did somewhat notice there was something very wrong with those numbers, not to mention she had taken a very dark pic of the item, but I was still new to Listia and naive. It was a Kurt Cobain Rolling Stone tote bag, and being the big fan I am, I just had to have it regardless of whether I could see it. lol It looked alright in the darkness of the picture, actually. But anyway, I sent the shipping in the form of concealed cash, because I do not have Pay Pal at the moment (waiting for my Pay Pal card to come in the mail now), and sent $1 in taped up quarters so it would not be obvious I was sending change (I sent change, yes, but I she was the one who wanted 98 cents). Did not receive the item, and was rated neutral by the seller for sending quarters, and supposedly having something wrong with my verified address, which is a big fat lie. Others before her had had no problem shipping to me. She claimed tracking confirmed it had arrived at my house. Here it is, months later, and I receive the item. I now know why the picture was so dark, the paint is peeling on the tote like she washed it without turning it inside out. Not only that, but she had my address wrong on the envelope, with absolutely NO tracking. She was the one with the problem, and reading through the feedback she received others have said she lists fake auctions with shipping and then rips you off, so buyer beware. I feel like a loser falling for her scam, but now I know better. I have still been sending concealed cash to some Listian's who will accept it for shipping, and haven't had another problem like with her. She's Gypsy Fire Moon for those who are concerned. Other than that, I have had nothing but smooth transactions and great feedback. I do plan to continue doing business on Listia. I might add that I am also on Social Security and still am able to afford shipping and such. I've purchased credits a couple times with a credit card of a family member who I paid back, because I have no credit card. But now I am waiting for my prepaid Pay Pal card which I'm sure will make shopping on Listia a lot easier.

5/23/13

Review:
Listia has potential. You CAN get nice stuff. I have, but it takes credits which equals money, because in reality, nothing is free, no matter what the site is trying to advertise.
I have met Many good sellers offering good items and only had One seller not send or respond to emails. I even gave them 17 days to do so, because in general, I tend to be patient. Out of 50 won auctions, only 1 wrong win, is not too bad.

However, the verification process needs upgraded to something realistic and sensible. Also they need to have top notch customer service to stay in business. Their customer service is sub-par and from my experience, I do not believe English is their native language, due to having to repeat myself several times and still not have them understand.
In a recent instance, due to harassment, I had contacted them, regarding my feeling of leaving the site within the next month. The customer service agent, then responded with. "Are you sure you want your account deleted, right now?"

Considering I never said "Please delete my account" I have to question whether this was an actual misunderstanding, due to language barriers or something else more sinister.

Before a Listia Cult member starts jumping to conclusions about what kind of harassment::: This was concerning my refusal to get the level 1 verification badge. jeffbfanning and a 'few' others have felt it necessary to post under my auctions "PLEASE VERIFY!!"
For anyone curious, level one verification is an automated text message sent to your cell phone, by facebook and then you have to do it again for listia. Then you get this NIFTY badge of Level1 verification at linking your facebook with your Listia account. I absolutely refuse to get this badge, based on the fact that Listia advertises this verification badge, as proof of a good seller.
John in Nebraska could do this and claim he is Jane from Washington. It proves NOTHING and is not proper verification nor does it equal a good seller. I have even verified my Bank account with Listia and it counts for nothing in their eyes, besides a dinky little dollar sign badge.
All of my feedback is good. Why? Because I ship the stuff I auction and it is exactly as described and pictured and VERY good quality not junk.

In other words, if you join listia, be prepared for those who have nothing better to do with their time, than harass and try to scare bidders off of your auctions.
Do not expect Listia to do anything about it, because they will not. Your feedback may not matter to certain cult members, but it will matter to the Good people still on site and bidding/selling. They do exist.

Many people do list junk, like a single crayon or game boy stylus. Recipes you can get for free online. Items that cost them 10.00 on amazon or ebay, but they are asking for 50 dollars in credits, on Listia.
You will run into people not wanting to pay shipping or asking for free shipping, because they do not trust sending money to a stranger, even if it is through paypal, which is a protected service.
I have absolutely lost money listing through this site, by not anticipating a lack of bidding and getting 200 credits for a 40.00 item, etc.
Few people will make money on this site, so if you sign up, money should not be an expectation. Stay with Etsy or Ebay for real cash.
Upside::: You can block irritating and harassing people, which keeps the person from bidding or commenting again. However, they can make another account and come harass you all over again or bid on an item and try and screw you over with feedback. Listia needs to get on to this scam via ISP tracking.
ALWAYS pay for postal tracking, unless it is a repeat customer you trust. Yes, this is more money out of your pocket, but otherwise you could lose credits rightfully yours. Some sellers have resorted to taking pictures of their item going into the box at the post office, to protect themselves.
End Story: There are good things to bid on, but you'll have to have credits first to get them.
Listia makes money through advertising and linking you with partner sites that pay them. Through survey companies and by Selling you their credits for Real Cash.
Like I said, nothing is free. 5.00 gets you 1500 credits 10.00 gets you 3300 and so on. The max is 40.00 for 16000 credits.
This is the most honest review I can give. Maybe the site will pick up the pace and fix it problems in the future. Like allowing other members to harass fellow Listians.

5/16/13

i feel sad that people have had bad times with listia :( i love it i have givin stuff away on there and i have won things i think it is really good and a lot of fun.

4/28/13

Listia was a good site, still can be if you are careful. But you have to be very careful. Always use tracking when shipping because there are a lot of buyers out there that are savvy enough to know that if you don't use tracking, a dispute will result in the buyers credits getting refunded. And they will fraudulently claim they never received your item.
For the first 8 months I was a member, it was great. The past 6 months have been terrible! Anytime a site offers anything "free" and you don't have to put much into it, people will hop on the bandwagon to abuse the system.
I've won things that I never received because the seller seemed to feel that they were entitled to more credits for the item, the usual story with this is they will say that the item was broken or they just won't send and ignore you.
As a buyer, of course, you have the "I never received the item" bull****. You will know this is a lie if you do not receive your item back, because if it was wrongly addressed most times the P.O. will return it to you saying it was undeliverable.
Anymore you have a lot of Minors using the site. And still yet you have women listing "Photos of me" that could be less than appropriate for a child should they win.
Listia is always changing it' rules on what can and cannot be listed. I recently flagged an auction for a hunting knife with a 10" blade ( rules stated blades can be no longer than 2") and a mod comes on and states that they are changing or looking into changing that rule so they will allow this auction to stay. Sooooo, what about the sellers that had their auctions pulled because the blades were more than 2"????
Listia is a gamble, you put your "stuff" out there, you pay to ship if you offer free shipping ( you get higher bids that way ) but there are a million things that can go wrong and a lot of the users are just looking to scam people out of their stuff.
If you break a rule they will delete your account, and if you have invested time and you have credits you are SOL! I know a couple of people that's happened to.
If you want to use listia you must ship with tracking
YOu must check a seller's rating and READ their feedback. Just because they have NO negative feedback does not mean they are a good seller, look for the neutrals and see how many they have.
There are a lot of long time listia users who are now cashing in on their feedback ratings and listing high end items or giftcards with no intention of sending. They are going out and going out with a bang.
My husband and I loved listia but we've both left because of all the bad experiences we have had as of late.

4/20/13

There is a lot of junk on this website, people selling pictures of themselves, recipes+DIY that you can get online for free, colored on barbies. However, there is an occasional gem. Don't bother with bidding on recipes and DIY most of the time, it will probably be a waste of credits, and ALWAYS check a sellers ratings before you bid.

4/11/13

ive won and received many items on listia.the only problem i have is uploading photos.sometimes i can and sometimes i camt.cant figure it out

4/1/13

If you're giving things away it's a great site. If you want to charge shipping you better be ready for a butt load of idiot's! People with zero feedback ratings and NO experience on Lista will bid on your items and claim they never saw that you charge shipping. EVEN when its clearly written in the title and 3 or 4 times in the listing. Once they have bid, it puts other, potentially paying customers, off and they look elsewhere. Which, wastes your time and money. This isn't a "now and then" kind of thing. Out of maybe 50 auctions I have listed with shipping charges I have had at least 30 of them fall through!
Listia provides no protection against this. You can't even offer a second chance to the first bidder. So, your listing is basically DEAD!!!!!!!!
Members will relentlessly hound you over the fact that you charge shipping. Even to the point of harassment! And the admin. couldn't care less. You cant even give negative feedback! So, that idiot can just keep on screwing people.
If it weren't for the fact that I do sell to a PAYING buyer every day there, I would leave and never look back. Once I have my product selling on my own site, it's gonna be BYE BYE LISTIA!

3/26/13

I would give it an ok because its not to nice and its not to bad i would really say its very average to me

2/26/13

I was excited when someone in my plant swap group referred me. Now I'm just pissed. I have only had 3 auctions. 2 are scammers. Not very good odds. I send what was promised plus extras and 15 days later no credits. One dispute who admitted to getting item and because they are idiots who can't read or be bothered to look it up I lose. No thanks! I love sharing all the wonderful things I have received. I'll stick to plant trades and craigslist.

2/9/13

All that I say is from my own six months of experience in trying to deal in a fair and just adult method! They promote the sell of recipes and such of drugs that are illegal. It is run by a group of Pagans that will mess with your computer and make your life miserable until you leave if you believe in God. The rules are not even known by their own staff and are interchangeable at whim depending upon the parties being dealt with. They consistently misuse their authority and collect credits which if they are a part of the company, what need would they have for this. They try to force everyone to ship free, and if you are on their blacklist, they will not uphold their own shipping rules! The worst site on the internet and hope how soon they are called out and removed because of the injustice. Allowing anyone to sell recipes calling for illegal drugs to make candy, which can be used to give children and take any and all immoral liberties of the child! What is this and how can it be allowed on a website where 13 year old children are allowed? Here is a link if you would like to check it out.... http://www.listia.com/auction/7920736-medical-marijuana-jolly-ranchers-recipe

1/27/13

So far, my biggest Complaint about Listia is that they claim you can "earn points" for completing surveys. This turns out to be a total scam! Every time I've done one of the surveys, I'll spend several minutes answering questions, and then a page comes up saying I didn't "qualify" for the survey. Seriously? Dude, I just filled out 5 pages of questions, I already Took the survey! Apparently they want you to believe it was a pre-survey. This way they get lots of useful data from you, without giving you any points. I'd understand if you had to answer 3 or 4 pre-screening questions to see if you qualify for the survey. But I answered Way to many questions for this to be legitimately considered pre-screening.

I'd suspect that nobody, or almost nobody, gets points from these surveys. Needless to say, I'm not going to bother taking any surveys anymore. But I'm sure that other people will fall for this a few times before they realize it's a scam. And that's how these survey companies keep the scam going! Some of them might end up being legit, but I don't want to waste my time on pointless (literally!) surveys.

Listia makes it look like your being redirected to an independent site when you take these surveys. But I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that Listia actually runs these "external" sites.. Either way, these survey Scams make Listia appear pretty scammy themselves.

1/23/13

This site is a joke. I've always shipped with DC and the TWO times I do not the winners claimed they never got their items. People are just on here looking for ways to get as much stuff for free without even spending the credits. What a joke. If you sell do not trust anyone to actually be honest that the received your items.

1/16/13

When users are scammers, that's usually easy to avoid, but when the Listia Customer Service is the scammer... yeah, that's NOT acceptable.

I was with Listia since the beginning and really liked it at first. I've referred 52 people, had 100% positive feedback after 395 transactions, and then something I mailed was lost in the mail late last year. It was decided against my favor and now my account is -7900 or so credits. I really can't believe that someone who has been such a great asset to them should be punished like that. They really need a stipulation for people who lose one thing out of 200 in the mail and have an awesome transaction history with them. Someone should not be punished b/c the post office loses something. I can see if the person was a newbie or continually "lost" packages but this.... it's not right. I asked them to delete my account because after they blatantly ignored me 3 times, I really don't want to be a part of their site. My Internet time is much better spent telling the world they're shady.

1/8/13

For the most part I like Listia. I've been using it for quite a while now and I have managed to dress my daughter fully this far and have enough clothes until she is 2 (she is 9 months old). I bought a new wallet for my husband and a set of awesome ear phones for my iPod. All in all I am actually satisfied.
I have however encountered quite a few people on Listia that don't like playing along.
In the most recent case I won a package of summer clothes. It was a good auction for me and it ran me about 2500 credits. It all seemed legit, but the seller was extremely slow to respond. I got her to tell me her PayPal address after 2 days and then I waited.
No package ever arrived. I only got 2 excuses and no further communication from the seller. About 30 days after the end of the auction I decided to stop this sharada and requested a refund. The seller didn't respond and I was refunded 5 days later. I also got a refund from PayPal. That was my experience with customer service as a buyer.
As a seller I remember my first ever auction on Listia. It was a book, the one that started the series "Army Wives" and the buyer was anxious to get it. Everything went fine. I sent it off, as soon as I received the shipping money ad had it tracked. Shortly thereafter I get a message that the package never arrived. It was my first auction, so I forgot to stick my tracking number in. I added that. It looked like they didn't realise I was tracking it an tried to get it for free. In the end I won. I had proof that I sent the package off and I had proof that it arrived at the address that was saved in the buyers account.
Yes there are a few people on Listia who try to scam people, but so far I have only had positive experiences with either the sellers/buyers or customer service, truth be told.
I don't get any benefit from writing this and I am not a scam. I am just your average run off the mill user who likes to get their stuff as cheaply as possible. I use Listia because it doesn't ransack my budget. On the other hand though I am also not going for items thy are too prone to being fakes. I wouldn't by jewellery on Listia and I wouldn't go for anything that is advertised as a brand... Not only because they might be fakes, but also because the auction is usually very high in credits and that would defeat the purpose.

1/7/13

Listia started out to be wonderful but now they are getting credit hungry and if you have an object that is worth more credits they have several different credit fees- very disappointed and am thinking about looking elsewhere.

1/6/13

this site gets 3 stars for the idea in it but the set up is bad. they allow you to charge for shipping but provide no way to do it. they make a fortune selling credits that cost them zero so they least they could do is invest that money back into the site for a better experience

1/2/13

i loved listia.. i get online everyday... now im just irrate!!!!!

AVOID THE SELLER DARKANGELTATTOOS ON LISTIA HE WILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR SHIPPING AND THEN SEND YOU A FAULTY PRODUCT AND REFUSE TO REFUND YOUR CREDITS... I AM DISPUTING WITH LISTIA NOW AND THEY WANT ME TO PAY ANOTHER $15.45 SHIPPING FEE TO SEND HIM IT BACK ON TOP OF THE $15.45 I ALREADY PAID TO SHIP IT TO MYSELF...SO THAT MEANS I WOULD BE PAYING $30.90 AND 37,650 CREDITS FOR SOMETHING I AM GIVING BACK! I DONT THINK SO!!! CHECK OUT MY PROOF http://listiarockmissjess.tripod.com/

12/6/12

I have been buying and selling on Listia. for over a year! I mainly sell beads and jewelry making supplies and I turn around my credits and buy all sorts of things for my family! I have purchased gifts, toys, clothing, craft supplies, and many many gift cards at Listia.com. I actually funded a large portion of my Christmas shopping with gift cards from Listia this year. I have occasionally had difficulty with individual users, but there are always bad apples out there.... but the site itself is GREAT! Thanks Listia!

11/30/12

I have used the site for 2 years and the administrative responses are usually automated and don't help solve the issue when the disputer/other party is clearly breaking the rules.
I had one buyer not pay for shipping and even though the rules clearly state that the seller will get to keep the credits in a case like that they refunded the winner.
Another case was a buyer claiming he received a wrong size item and wanted a refund. I submitted a ticket with evidence showing that the size ring i sent (which the buyer also stated he received) was indeed the correct size.
Instead of requesting a photo from the buyer to prove he received the wrong size or give the seller an opportunity to send the correct size they asked the buyer to return the item.
What if everyone was to file a dispute stating they received the wrong item and provided no proof? Sellers pay money for shipping and supplies and lets not talk about the wasted time and effort answering questions.

11/29/12

Most of the stuff you find on Listia, you can probably find at your local thrift store. I wouldn't put it past some people to have done exactly that. I bid and won on a brand new infant neck support, NIP, and when I finally got it, it reeked of cigarette smoke. Unfortunately I had already given the lady her credits before I checked the product. (I know my fault). When I opened the package, the stench that came out of the box was overwhelming. The baby item was saturated in the smell of cigarette smoke. I had to wash the thing four times to rid the smell. She's lucky I left a neutral review and not a negative one. That's just the kind of thing you'll find on Listia. I'm just using up my last credits and will be closing my accont. Too much junk on there...literally.

11/27/12

i love listia but some auctions are scams before i put bids i check the peoples reviews from auctions they did before and i always got my stuff except for my first auction it was a reposted auction and the person didn't login for months and the persons auction kept reposting i got my credit back in 7 days and it was ok i got tons of free stuff and i always put free shipping when searching for auctions to bid on lol and when i put auctions i do free shipping in fairness so yeah :)

11/26/12

Stay away from this website. The owners seem to have a million accounts and just award themselves credits to buy up anything good. You can spot some of them easy though. Biggest and most obvious gimmick around. You'll find they are often the 'buyers' who don't pay up, until say 20 days has passed, will you get the payment, worthless credits that they are? Possibly not. As for the users of the site, the regular users are the scum of the Earth, the type eBay would ban at a moments notice. So if you really want the stress for a few worthless credits, and really want to give up your personal details to angry weirdo's, then Listia is the place for you.

11/13/12

this the email i sent them after making me lose $75 with no negative feedbacks, sold at least 15 other gift cards and had over 200 feedback.
"The listia assurance policy states if i sell something and have proof of sending it then the seller gets the credits. I paid $75 dollars for three gift cards, snt them and then the seller claims they didnt get it even though i have proof it was sent with a valid tracking number. I am very angry listia stole money from me! i did everything according to listia policies and broke no rules. You guys reversed the credits to the buyer thus stealing from me. This is your last chance to fix this problem before i take it to the next step. First i have taken screen shots of everything and will seek legal action if this is not fixed. I will also let the public know exactly what happened with listia not adhering to their own policies and assurance policy. I will go to every forum, blog, social media site(let me tell you i reach ALOT of people with all my sites. I will also make a youtube video with screen shots of your policy, assurance and emails, feedback history, and the story of how money was stolen from a seller with no negative feedback and who has auctioned many many gift cards with nothing but positive feedback. I will post this to my 3 youtube channels. i will also report listia to the local news channels to handle consumer complaints for webapges. With any luck you will be on tv and recieve calls and email from the media.You have one last chance to make this right. I broke no policy, had money stolen from me, got treated like a scammer and moderator rosie did not do her job accordnig to policy."

11/2/12

I just want to make a comment about Listia.com I have won several auctions on Listia which I received the items no problem at all. But, when winning an auction on Listia I never hear from the seller at all and never know if the item is shipped or what.. I just think that if you are selling something then give customer service to the winner by communicating with them. Let them know something. I do sell on Listia and I always communicate with all my winners for I know I would like the same respect to customer service. I have bid on a tv and the winner said to send him a money order for the shipping so I sent a money order for the total amount he said for shipping. It has been a week now and I haven't heard from him at all. I don't know if he is shipping it to me or not so I don't know if I should file a dispute or wait. I am just so furious over no communication......

10/31/12

Crappy customer service. Support tickets closed for no reason because ListiaKevin or ListiaRosie are too lazy to do their jobs.

The feedback system is idiotic. If someone doesn't contact you, then why let them leave feedback and then refuse to remove it even though your terms of service say that you will?

This site is a mickey mouse operation. I'd rather throw out my stuff than use this crappy site.

10/27/12

I'm new to listia but am a experienced seller on ebay. I give it an okay because I have won a received an item, but have just sold something and never received my credits. The confirmation number on the item stated she got her item 2 days after she won it. A week has now passed and I never received my credits or any feedback from her. Her profile has stated that she has logged in since receiving the item. Its a hit or miss with this website and you can only hope your buying or selling to reliable person.

10/19/12

I would give it a zero if I could. I ended up PAYING out of pocket $100.00 of my money because 1. I am not a shipping company with scales, packing material, boxes and other items for shipping items that are being GIVEN away. You cannot walk into UPS say, "gee wiz guys, can you weigh, box this for me and give me an estimate and I will pay you after I get paypal from someone else?" I was given limited time to ship items, one of them was 'free' because it was a coat, the rest I ATE. Yes, I billed the members only to find out, neither of them can 'understand English' enough to pay me. They could communicate just fine bidding, asking questions, as soon as I sent PAYPAL request, it got quiet, too quiet. NO one is paying me.

Yes I have sent things through normal channels of Ebay. Usually most of us reimburse our shipping costs through careful pricing, to neither gouge the client nor gouge the seller. Here there is no way to protect yourself. One of my bidders had a history of not paying for her shipping (twice!) and Listia, say's "hey, what's the prob? no big deal, just re list your items."

Honestly, I had to pull two so called auctions for EXPENSIVE items, because of harassment by bidders: the items to them are FREE, this is what gets me...continual $#*!ing about everything under the sun, and then ...no English, me pay how?

No I will not ever do this again. My 'give aways' will be true give aways to shelters, to food banks, to battered shelters, to churches. This little exercise cost me money, time, stress and worse, emotional distress dealing with the folks who simply like using others.

10/5/12

I have been listing and selling, and buying. I had 95% great people. I have received everything I have won. Some of which were rather valuable. When you are dealing with the mases it is unfortunate but there is bound to be some bad experiences. I have had a few unpleasant experience with rude people, but that is not the majority. I do think the moderators of the site should do a better job. None of this negative stuff would be tolerated on Ebay.

8/3/12

I have been using listia almost 2 year's, and have listed almost 1,000 auction's. I have enjoyed myself there greatly. But when it come's to the few of disputes that had been listed against me I got the shaft. I'm quiting listia because of this last dispute. I auctioned off A DVD, and 10 day's later the person wanted there credit's back. I assume after they already watched/recorded the disc or something. But the kicker is the disc the person is and will be sending me back isn't the one I sent them in the first place. I never owned that disc, and all my discs have no marks on them this one is beat up badly. So enclosing the shipping I paid to send this disc to the person I will have to eat, and this person will be returning this disc to me, and I'll be docked for the credits I got from the auction. I'm going to be using up my credit's I have on my account and then I will be closing it. It's really not A bad site, but the Mod's do not use fair judgement. Warning if you try this site take it from me, make sure you mark all your auctions "All sell's or final or similar" Beware of Scammers who don't verify there account's also.

7/17/12

It can be fun, would be a lot better if there weren't so many cheap idiots on it. My b/f and I both use it, he's had no problem with any of his auctions. I've lost over 2000 credits due to people who will say they either never got it ( my second auction, I purchase tracking now on everything ) or people who find anything wrong ( had a seedling just up and dissapear out of the pot I shipped it in, go figure ) and they will hold your credits hostage just for fun. I was doing free shipping so I'm out about 60 bucks in shipping fees in a few months. I'm spending what credits I have left and I'm done with that site. Also, people can file disputes, and if you dispute it, and there is no resolution to it, you both keep your credits, so, therefore, it is a way for "buyers" to get your stuff, keep their credits and hold your credits in Limbo, AND if the mods at listia find in the favor of the buyer, they get to KEEP your item, and their credits and you are SOL

5/29/12

Listia you are no better than Madoff you made – off with my$ credits
This group stole my life savings, my precious safe-keeps, tricked
me into listing my precious items for $0 credits. Goods valued $289,620 sold for
968,940 credits they stole. I never got 968,940 credits
for my sales, $0.0 money credit & surprise suspension.

This is not a communist country, people exchange stuff for what
ever, but never for zero 0. You promised me credits money, if I list my goods
and ship. You bunch of con’s Koran &
Muslim group think they can get away with this deceptive auction gambling, yes
that is what it is, another victim I read here, so right on the money.
BOLD LISTIA
You bunch of con's do not like US Military Members, you all playing with
peoples lives, THIS IS NOT A GAME, this is not KOREA!
Tell the Federal courts class action suite

I miss my deceased husband US army
jewelry, and my other children stuff sold on Listia shipped to Listia buyers
for ZERO $0.0 0 Credits!

Non-English speaking customer service, Customer service from Korea,
Middle East & Russia receives email from buyer or seller the reply is
suspension 0 credits $0.0 no answers to inquiries.

This Muslim Russian Koran Group of Listia is responsible. Customer
service work is done from Korea, Middle East and Russia; they pay
workers $1.00 per week salary. Listia originated from
Middle East by James Fong and is Muslim
friend.

Here are Listia group names to get them!
James Fong OWNER Koran main language Koran but speaks English;
CB alias CB, afraid to disclose his name ;
Ngan Muslim & Russian related;
Rosie Koran Koran speaks Koran and little English;
Kevin P American speaks fluent English;

I have an attorney ready to file class action suit, join me
Listia victims, these Korea & Muslim group tricked us with deceptive
promises of credits and never disclosed they could take remove/take
away/steal/cancel credits any time they wanted.

According to the attorney I consulted, “Listia is NOT
operating according to the Statutes and Federal laws,
not according to an auction business, there
are so many violations that it amounts to a PONZI scheme intentionally set up
to rid us of personal properties and to defraud us.”
File in higher US Federal Court for Millions
in damages and stolen credits, pin the IRS their credit steal behind, and leave
their asses in suspended in Federal prison.
Listia victims read on and contact me.
contact me at gfservice at rocketmail dot com

My husband died defending this country, but I will fight for my rights against
Listia Koran & Muslim discriminative, non-American, deceptive, communist
business practices!
THIS IS AMERICA ! Listia revamp your communist auction gambling rules
for a real auction business and restore and credit reinstate those you
stole and scam in addition to damages, THAT WILL BE MY REQUEST FROM
THE JUDGE!

5/28/12

Listia started in Middle East, and has a Russian connection, who is behind Listia?
Are they running the Listia operation from Middle East or Russia?
Who are these people associated with
Listia, Qadeer Abdul Abderabbani Why the secrecy?
Why are they hiding their identity.

No customer service number - wonder why they do not return emails?
They may have one person
with limited english, so a good gestimate is language, and place of
operation is the real answer. English is limited but they know how to steal
credits and suspend accounts. Victims File your report at the below links >>

Sellers, google "listia complaints scam" I believe the firs 10-20 report sends you a warning.
Listia Sellers can sell hundreds $$$$$ or goods valued thousands, and get Zero 0 credits - $0 .00 for their goods. Without reason Listia suspense as soon as you have good number of credits, they do not reply to their own setup communication methods, there is something very fraudulent about this site.

For sure they have connection in the US, FAKE ADDRESS, but its a start,
first good news now Victims you can attack their Trademark LISTIA which
is governed by Federal laws for your protection, they registered Listia as
a advertising business. (Credit stealing scammers) go to and see for your self
http://www.trademarkia.com/listia-77962648.html 877-794-9511 U.S.
federal trademark registration was filed for LISTIA by Listia Inc., 755 Castro
St. Suite C, Mountain View CA 94041 . The USPTO has given the LISTIA trademark
serial number 77962648

Evading IRS laws Listia? Listia is improperly registered as an auction co. its does not
list or declare the necessary disclosures for auction co. In fact its
operation characteristics are of Auction Gambling which is illegal here in
the USA. Listia is required to clearly disclose the seller can sell products valued from 1.00 to
millions and get Zero credit $0.00 Lets take down Listia, and recover
damages credits and Dollars. Kick their foreign ass back to ‘outta space’ .

Start here with the US Attorney General
for ca, they will quickly see Listia is improperly operating
Consumer action office of US AG Handles complaints
about deceptive or fraudulent business practices >>

File your
complaints here at the FBI Cyber internet fraud schemes:
http://www.nw3c.org/ ,

E-mail: econsumerwb@ftc.gov
eConsumer.gov, there are hundreds so victim, there is a
lawyer who is attempting to prepare to file the action lawsuit but we
need at least 20 victims to come forward. Keep attaching
their trademark it should get it cancelled; it’s a trademark of scam,
fraud and undisclosed gambling auction.

The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, collects
complaints about companies, deceptive business practices
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ form

contact me
wayntaylor at ymail dot com

Listia operation is an Auction Gambling business or advertising business. Its
operation is illegal fraudulent and deceptive; it is not a traditional
auction business.

Please report and file claims leave your contact info so attorneys at reach you.

5/25/12

I was refered by a Facebook friend. They were supposed to get 500 credits for free when I joined. My friend did not get the credits Listia said because I was a Facebook friend . (Why in the world do they want people to invite their friends and offer such promotions if they aren't going to follow through.) I bid on an item and won it, but the seller never sent it. I disputed it over 2 months ago. Still haven't heard anything or got my credits back, even after repeated email. I decided to try selling some stuff. I listed several auctions and was told to promote the auctions on Twitter and Facebook. I did both only to find out when my twitter followers tried to bid, they were blocked because they followed me on twitter, The same with my Facebook friends, STAY AWAY

4/14/12

this site has to be one of the most unorganized and even less maintained! at first I loved using it, and still am! I have gotten quite a few cute things on there. but the people who bid and win unless you put a tracking number on the item you send out will (EVERY TIME) claim they never got the package so you lose your item and your credits. the mods take forever to get back to something, and when they finally do it is nothing helpful! I am just letting my listia run its course I have said on the rest of my auctions that they will not be sent due to Listia's poor management skills, and lack of actual work on their end! so I am officially done with all of the junk on this site, it use to be fun but the BS you have to put up with UNREAL!

4/1/12

I use Listia.com and I love the site! I have gotten tons of free things with no problems and I have won some auctions I have not received the products but I always got my credits back eventually you just have to be patient. Most of the people on the site are awesome to deal with but just like any site you will have the scammers and the people who don't pay attention to your listing when it says "local pick up only" or "buyer will pay shipping" You get the same type of people on eBay when you offer goods on there. It isn't the site's problem, it is a human problem. I love the site because I get free stuff and get rid of stuff I don't want

3/30/12

not a good website! it's run by a bunch of teenage college kids who think they can be the next facebook. NOT!

3/13/12

This site is badly administered by a group of moderators who have little or no sense of logic, or fairness. Sellers are allowed to auction things which are totally unusable, with no penalty. Support requests are often ignored, or can take as long as 10 days to be reiognized. After over a year on this site, I have concluded that it is easier, less frustrating, and ultimately, less expensive to simply purchase those items I need or desire. Don't waste your time!

1/23/12

Well I bid on several auctions and never won. What got me is when I had a maxium bid of 1109 and the item sold to SOMEONE ELSE at 578. It said I was out bid. I put in only 1 bid and put my maxium price because I knew it would bid up to that for me automatically. I contacted customer support with no response. 6 emails later and they will not return any emails. I cant close my account.....I have 6 auctions that I tried to delete but finally gave up and said on my auctions what was going on and not to bid and no item will be sent. This is the WORST website EVER!!!! I even signed up for their bonus programs to get "free" credits and never got them but have contracts now with columbia house dvd, and several book clubs but still no credits. GARBAGE!!!

10/28/11

horrible site, they have all fake products or unusable crappy products. Listia will not refund your credits! I lost over 7000 credits

6/20/11

I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with ACTIVEPATRIOT on lista this person has harrassed not only me but my mom to no ends and will not stop this s the 4th email from this person and not after threatening me they have threated lawsuit becuase I have asked reapeatdly to stop emailing me .. free yes but you get what you pay for ..

6/15/11

I use Listia.com and I love the site! I have gotten tons of free things like a necklace, earrings, mtg cards. Most of the people on the site are awesome to deal with but just like any site you will have the scammers and the people who don't pay attention to your listing when it says "local pick up only" or "buyer will pay shipping" You get the same type of people on eBay when you offer goods on there. It isn't the site's problem, it is a human problem. LOL Anyhow, I love the site because I get free stuff and get rid of stuff I don't want...pretty much a win-win for me. :D

4/22/11

Waste of time. I won a "authentic juicy couture necklace" and got it and to find out it was not real. So filed a dispute and lost so the lady got to keep my credits even though I spent about half mine on a piece of $#*! fake necklace.

2/23/11

I've been using listia for about 2 months and can't WAIT to close my account. You list an item/people place 'point' bids, then you take your points and bid on something you want. Problem? There is such a fuss over buyer seller ratings, mistakes are rarely tolerated, some members don't look old enough to be in high school yet, and a whole lot of badmouthing and complaining. One of the first items i put up for auction was a set of 'one-of-a-kind glassware worth over $100. I got 1 bid for **1 point**!!!. my listing said 'local pickup only', the winner(for *1* point) was from the west coast and has been sending me hate-email for not shipping it.....get the Idea? Absolutely NOT worth the trouble, unless you have nothing to do BUT play listia games. H A T E D I T !!

About Listia