US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kjb1

So glad I found this site when trying to find an orthopedic doctor. (in 26 reviews)

williamm190

His reviews were excellent and had a great background in schools and the reviews that other patients wrote. (in 20 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

gaylel8
3/22/16

Dr. Ginsburg is the best as far as I'm concerned. He has done more for my face than I every though possible. I''ve had botox, fillers, skin tightening, and laser treatments. They made me look and feel so much better, and is something I plan to continue.

leonardn4
3/22/16

I recently had cataract surgery and a artificial intraocular lens to correct astigmatism.WAS very pleased with the out come. Thanks to Dr Weisenthal of The Eye Docters at CNY EYE CARE. Leonard J Nolan

davidc332
3/15/16

While it must be difficult to keep tabs on all the physicians that switch offices every few years, this website doesn't seem to even try. And Healthgrades makes it very difficult for the physicians to update their information as well.

nlm2
3/2/16

Healthgrades allows anyone to launch a personal attack on any doctor and they will post false reviews as long as the person has a valid email address. They will not allow doctors to respond to negative reviews. Instead, they advise you to get more patients to post positive reviews so that patients are forced to give their email addresses to them for their use. Don't bother trying to contact them because it's almost impossible to talk to anyone in charge. They basically don't care and feed on negative reviews to generate more business for themselves.

williamm190
2/1/16

For years, I have been having problems breathing through my nose. I was told, I had a 60 percent hole in my septum. Since I have asthma, I wasn't able to use my cepap machine due to my nostrils closed more than open. I search the website over and over again looing for an ENT doctor that could fix the hole. Everyone I spoke too said it couldn't be fixed, it was too big. One day, I spoke to my sister who has the same problem and she told me that their is a ENT Plastic Surgeon that might be able to repair the hole. I located a doctor be the name od Doctor Undavia out of Princeton Un. Medical Center in Plainsboro, New Jersey. I went to the appointment and he informed me that he should be able to fix it but said it might take two surgeries. His reviews were excellent and had a great background in schools and the reviews that other patients wrote. On January 7, 2016 I went to Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in Hamilton, New Jersey where the surgery was to take place. After the surgery, I was informed by Doctor Undavia as well as my wife that he was able to completely close the hole and also fixed other things inside my nose that needed to be fixed. This was great news, even thou I was under for four hours, which I was told is a long time. I have no pain. I can now breath out of both nostrils and was told that the swelling will take several weeks, but when this is all over, I will and do have basically a new nose. Doctor Undavia is a true professional in his field, besides a down too earth doctor. he explains everything too you about the procedure and if I have any problems before my next visit to call. I am every happy I found him and had the surgery done.

sylviat5
1/14/16

I want to recommend Dr. Richard Thunder, orthopedic surgeon. He repaired my L3, L4 and
everything went very smoothly. Dr. Thunder is very low key and direct. He answers all your
questions. I would not hesitate in recommending any family or friends to him for their
orthopedic needs

vernf4
1/8/16

My husband suffered for 10 years with a bad back-- he had been "stooping over" for a long time and couldn't walk very fast or very long without a lot of pain and having to rest. We asked a surgeon friend who he would recommend, and his first on the list was Dr. Paul Montalbano, Boise, Idaho. Surgery was performed last of October, 2015, and now in January, 2016, approximately 3 months later, my husband is two inches taller and is only still taking minimal pain medication. Dr. Montalbano's surgery team was very accessible by phone when we needed anything and they are following up well with physical therapy and use of a bone growth stimulator, We feel so blessed that the surgery turned out even better than we hoped. We give Dr. Paul Montalbano a great review -- so glad we chose him.

alvins20
12/17/15

I had the pleasure of being his patient for a short time. I found him to be very well informed, very knowledgeable and set the patient at ease at the same time. He took a real interest in providing the best "quality of life" he could. He's one of the few doctors I've met in my lifetime that was truly committed to the patient's concerns and well being.

kristinaa4
12/8/15

The absolute best doctor to go to for gyno is DR.KESSLER! He delivered my daughter and made me feel very at ease and comfortable. He also placed my mirena for me. I was extremely nervous and as the procedure was being done he did everything possible to make me feel comfortable and safe. He is An amazing doctor!

philipb37
11/17/15

HealthGrades posts fragments of information about US doctors history and does not bother to correct them when they are misleading to the public. For example, they posted an accusation as an actual infraction by a doctor I know. He is losing patient referrals based on this untrue "sanction" posted on HealthGrades. If you join HealthGrades' paid service then they are apparently willing to correct their mistake. Isn't this the definition of extortion?

frankp53
11/17/15

Dr Robert Feldman of Florida Eye in Altamonte Spring Florida saved my eye! kind caring man, that I said he walks on water.

russellh23
10/20/15

I followed Dr. Van & the PT instructions plus just a little more. If I started to hurt I informed them and would cut back. when in water therapy I walked the full hour. I did not stop to visit or rest. At three weeks I started walking up the stairs & then up and down, At 6 weeks I was hitting golf balls. At eight weeks I walked over 1 mile on the golf course.
I don't know anything more important than following the directions given by your doctor & PT

reisk
10/2/15

Using minimally intrusive techniques, Dr Keiper repaired my seriously injured spine after three other specialists failed to make any improvement. There was no significant pain and the recovery time was astonishingly brief. I returned to Dr Keiper recently when an accident resulted in injury to one of my vertebrae. Dr Keiper was successful in controlling this exceedingly painful injury and has been constantly available to meet any needs arising from this accident. His staff, and particularly PA Ralph Peterson, are also highly competent and a pleasure to deal with, reflecting Dr Keiper's insistence on excellence and service.

aunt-janeh
9/9/15

BEWARE! I was on Healthgrades.com for the normal purposes when I was asked if I had a story to tell which would help others dealing with the same or similar malady from a list they presented. As an inveterate storyteller and helper of others, I have many, so I crafted one to fit within Healthgrades' guidelines and character count.

When I finished my story, I was required to read the small print (yeah, right) and check a box saying I did it. But, I actually read it! There's a lot about how concerned they are about patients' privacy and confidentiality—until you read the "Submissions" section! There you are told that you should have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality ANAD they can do absolutely anything they want to with your submission, including the photos they encourage, or parts of your submission….

I've found other site with the same policies deep in the fine print, and I did nothing. Now I have done this something, thereby hopefully helping others. I will continue doing this something wherever and whenever I can, to help those vulnerable people who don't read the fine print.
(I fully agree with other Healthgrades critics and counter with my own reviews against the negative ones.)

williamh104
8/13/15

I'm a 100% service connected disabled veteran and wrote a review about a bad exam/encounter with a VA psychologist who is also in private practice. I didn't use foul language or call him names, it took a long time to write the " story," as they say: " We want to hear your story". Apparently not. Do they only want positive stories? You won't get the real truth from these people. Don't waste your time.

saludm
8/8/15

Bogus site.

lindab143
8/8/15

First time I've ever gone to a doctors office and didn't have to fill out paper work any info need was entered by the doctors staff.

reddyl
4/3/15

This website is the most unauthentic thing I have seen in a long time. They feed into promoting bad press and try to create more business. Really do they even confirm if the person posting the comments was seen by the provider. I am not sure why they have not been sued for slander so far. I am a big proponent of feedback and improvement of practice and I think the Health insurance companies are best suited to take a sample of visits and grade the physician. The reviews are generally made by disgruntled and drug seeking patients, and there may be handful of genuine reviews at best.

judithr10
3/13/15

Health Grades is a subjective website that is dangerous for patients and physicians. As a physician you have to make hard decisions. If you do not give a drug seeker a narcotic it may result in a bad health grades review. But that does not change the fact that the drug seeker should not have been given a narcotic. This site is irresponsible, subjective and deceptive.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site

zoeg4
2/18/15

This sight is awesome for looking up Medical Professionals! They do a thorough background check on each person. If you look under experience it will show you if the person in question has been sactioned, on probation or is no longer in good standing. Anyone can wirte reveiws for whomever good or bad, but this sight goes the extra mile informing you where the individual in question stands overall in the medical community.

stephenr34
12/30/14

Healthgrades allows false anonymous reviews to be posted. When contacted and presented with the facts, they refuse to remove the false review; however, then Healthgrades contacts you on how to improve your negative rating for a fee! Practitioners do not request to have their office listed on Healthgrades, yet this company allows anonymous reviews without factual investigation to the posts.

robertp85
12/5/14

what a crappy site. no customer service. no accuracy. don't care.

davidc174
11/17/14

No way for a provider to rebut any bad reviews. And they try to make you pay to help your reviews.

jillp7
5/20/14

Another unreliable source that is only providing one sided reviews. I don't know if it's all about the funds. I know of a doctor that shouldn't be practicing medicine, how they managed to generate only positive is beyond me. I'm not the only one who posted a negative rating that didn't go through. There really needs to be a neutral and ethical source of providing needed feedback.

jimv10
3/27/14

I reviewed 2 doctors. The one I rated really good worked and sent me a link to verify my review and the crappy review did not. The doctor that got the bad review seems to be in with the health grades site since he shows up more than a few times on the site. If we cant be honest this site does the public no good.

jewelse
2/9/14

The review they posted had to be totally bogus and done by their company. Not only did they have the wrong information, they rated things that were not even applicable. A one star review? Never. I give impeccable service and always have. Other people in my field have had the same problem, and they are attacking in order to lure in anxiety riddled professionals to pay as a consumer to eradicate what I believe to be their own trumped one star reviews. Ugly indeed!

kjb1
1/30/14

A Great site to use to research doctors and hospitals! So glad I found this site when trying to find an orthopedic doctor. I also love the fact that you can see how the hospital ranks among it's peers. Definitely helps when there are multiple hospitals you can go to.

mea58
1/30/14

Bogus, unverified information. Healthgrades appears to be baiting medical providers by publishing contrived negative reviews and then calling the doctor to tell them how they can improve their ratings, which costs money. Shady!!!!

joanr7
1/24/14

I recently saw a TV commercial on Weight Loss Institute of Arizona, on lap band surgery. I made an appointment at the office closest to me. Since I had failed many times at losing weight, I needed more information. The office personnel, medical assistant, dietician, and Dr. DeBarros went over the program. They explained what tests were required to see if I was a good candidate for the procedure. Everyone was very professional - yet kind and gave me hope. With the help of the staff and Dr. DeBarros' experience, I knew I would succeed at losing weight this time.

chada3
1/23/14

Unethical, questionable (at best) review practices. They essentially commit character assassination based on reviews which cannot be verified. See all below...

robl23
12/28/13

I have had bad experiences with them too that's why clinicians as a group should ignore healthgrades. Instead we can create our own community where we can respond to reviews and update our own listing page. Healthgrades has a LOT of inaccurate information so we should start using a site like www.Guide.MD where on guide.md we can actually control or listing and answer patients and let them make free online appointments and post or own hours, office address and phone number and even put pictures of your practice up all at zero cost.

tracih5
12/14/13

I completed a two (2) Dr surveys on HealthGrades.com. I wrote about my personal experience with these particular doctors. The reviews were posted for approximately three weeks and then disappeared. I checked the site constantly to see how long my reviews would be posted and how others felt about these doctors. I learned that others felt the same way that I did about the services from one particular Dr. Sadly, I had submitted poor rating prior to those ratings. SUDDENLY, this doctor ended up with excellent ratings... I am now in declining health due to the fact that both of these doctors failed to diagnose my illness and provide the proper treatment. To make matters worse, defaming opinions were written in my healthcare record which further delayed treatment. I had hoped to prevent someone else from going through the same thing.
Blood tests and MRI's clearly diagnosed my illness.... As for "Healthgrades.com", I have a lot of questions. As for trusting this website....well I need to have a pepsi at this point.

shellym17
10/14/13

Info. about the Doctors are complete.

cg31
10/13/13

I have also use this site to review drs. and and found the reviews inaccurate. All I have ever seen were good reviews which makes me kind of think as to why when I have looked the same dr.s up on other sites and found totally different reviews. I personally have gone to drs. trusting the reviews on this site; and will never trust it again.

kaid87
8/3/13

They have me listed as BELOW AVERAGE but I'm not even a doctor yet! they are hurting my reputation before I even enter the field! I have a practicum at a community services agency which always has complaints about response time & other things that have nothing to do with me, yet they are still post this. I'm worried that it's a misrepresentation of my credentials and will impact my getting a post doc since it's the first thing that comes up when you google my name.

murielg
7/21/13

I am a doctor and I got a call about "fixing" my reputation on healthgrades.com and was offered several packages ranging from $300-$1000 dollars to make myself appear highly rated and to "make the bad reviews go away" Anyone can put a snarky review about you without even being your patient and then the internet mafia needs to help you fix you problem. This should be illegal!

jenl13
7/10/13

This is the worst possible site that you should go to. The survey results and the doctor's information were largely skewed. Anyone, your patient or not (could be your neighbor who never receives your services), could rate your service without any accountability. This site is not good for both consumers and the doctors. The company kept saying that they aim to serve the public, but the simple fact is this: "if you have no way to make sure the information and the survey are the accurate reflection on the services, you are not only not doing your job but also creating more damage to the public and the reputation of the hard working doctors”
I am waiting for the day that this company is taken down by lawsuit.

nikyn
7/3/13

Will be contacting my lawyer on possible actions. They misinform and skew results...I have had several people research how postings are made, etc. I will continue to call Mike and Cindi Rife until I have received my result.

carolynl7
6/6/13

Healthgrades had my specialty, education, practice information and advertisements all wrong. The website generates significant income based on reporting without any accountability or correction for false or misleading information. The google links ensure that it is the first listing under your professional name, over current practice and publications. The website also searches and provides information generally only obtainable and used for specific inquiry from a medical board but not intended or listed for mass unsolicited distribution without a chance for response. I believe Healthgrades is dangerous and lacks accountability or even permission to advertise physician credentials. I had to update my own certification which was not listed giving me a lower Healthgrades rating.
There is no way to opt out. While there a pretense as a consumer service it fails miserably and the primary mission is really money and it also sells this information to other services. A similar website vitals.com has my education listed at the wrong institution and no other information.

lynnw21
5/21/13

I work for a doctor and was asked to remove misinformation about our doctor in regards to where he trained and how old he is. Healthgrades had our doctor listed as about 75 years old. It was nearly impossible to get this information removed. Also, we had a disgruntled employee whom we all wanted to leave. This employee went on healthgrades and rated our doctor poorly because she was mad about losing her job. Healthgrades does not even verify if anyone is really a patient who rates the doctors. It is a farce.

susand21
5/10/13

This site does not accurately rate doctors. They have very old data on most doctors. Please ask around before going to a doctor, don't trust this site to help you.

aneyef
5/4/13

Healthgrades is a company who not only advertises incorrect information about me, they continue to advise the public about individuals without my permission. Healthgrades puts out information without any permsission from them. IMHO, Healthgrades may be invovled in some scrupulous plan to misinform the public and maybe connected to organizations that can harm the American people. BEWARE of this company.

dayled
1/11/13

If you look up Dr Elmon J. Oliver, an anesthesiologist in Kalamazoo, MI on healthgrades.com you will find him awarded the designation of "Healthgrades Recognized Doctor". According to their site:
Healthgrades Recognized Doctors designation identifies leading doctors who are board certified in the specialty they practice, have never had their license restricted or revoked, have no malpractice claims, and are free of state or federal disciplinary actions.
Yet a web search will reveal this:
mlive.com on April 03, 2012 reported that a Kalamazoo jury awarded $1.23 million to the family of a 66-year-old Lawton woman who died of a brain injury caused by the lack of oxygen during surgery in 2008. The family of Maria Garcia filed a medical malpractice lawsuit in Kalamazoo County Circuit Court in 2010 against Dr. Elmon Oliver Jr., an anesthesiologist with Kalamazoo Anesthesiology, which was also named in the suit. Bronson Methodist Hospital was dismissed as a defendant in October 2011. The trial, which began March 21, concluded Friday with the jury finding that Oliver was “professionally negligent” and that his negligence was “a proximate cause of death” of Garcia, according to court records.

ameliam2
11/27/12

My information is on this site and I did not allow this! I had no idea my information was on here until I searched my name!!

toddb3
7/3/12

bias site also doesn't allow an organization to be reviewed as a whole.

cherylh7
7/2/12

I have written reviews and verified my email address, yet they have not posted my reviews or answered my emails. My reviews were all positive, except one was very negative. I don't think they are posting my reviews because of the negative one. I would not trust the site.

maryw21
6/23/12

I have been using this site for about a year. I chose a dr that had a 100% rating. After going to that dr, I realized that there was no way this dr should have that high of a rating! I waited for over an hour (1hr 40 mins). Then when I talked to the dr she didn't listen to a thing I said! She gave me the wrong meds as well. I went back to healthgrades.com and completed a survey. They did not post my survey AND the doctor called me the very next day about the survey!!! After a week I completed another survey thinking I had done something wrong on my end... still the survey did not get posted to the site. I have emailed healthgrades.com but never received a response. I do not trust the ratings or information on this site.

harryg3
5/6/12

Most reviews are by competitors or a disgruntled individual. The good stay quiet.

philipc5
3/3/12

Used this site before I chose a surgeon for neck/back problems. The doctor I ended up choosing Heathgrades gave a clean bill for him, but in reality had 2 lawsuits that went against him and 3 pending at that time. He now has 20+ and I have a useless left arm after my surgery from the doctor I wouldn't have chosen if I would of got the correct information about him from Heathgrades. DO NOT USE HEALTHGRADES FOR CHOOSING ANYTHING! Unreliable site.

terryh12
12/18/11

Defamation. Endangerment to medical staff. And loss of business. All are directly traced to erroneous ratings. In my case, they have me medically practicing over 100 miles from where I really practice. And their site lists nothing but the zero type ratings, ratings that are typically done by disgruntled drug addicts. They, many times, know the net well, and how to disuse it. Thus, we will NEVER ever be able to trust uninvestigated email entries = what healthgrades accepts. True reviews are available to patients through real HMO type audits of real practitioners, real patients and real visits. Everyone should be frightened of something like healthgrades, which is essentially a smear blog, without any responsibility and no recourse for the "graded".

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HealthGrades staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question