US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

dorathya

HAVING READ DISPARAGING REMARKS HERE ABOUT HL'S CUSTOMER SERVICE; I MUST POLITELY DISAGREE. (in 76 reviews)

camilah

I placed my order on 9/23 and it got here on 10/4. (in 148 reviews)

jeannef

But my biggest beef is with the interminable wait to receive an item. (in 119 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

hildyh
4/7/14

Their shipping can be VERY slow, but I have gotten some great deals. I have learned not to believe the expect by dates listed on the site and am not disappointed. Sometimes it's a good thing they take so long to ship, it gives me a chance to come to my senses and call back and cancel items!

nancyj17
4/3/14

I was not happy with Haute Look's customer service. The shipping on my item took so long I didn't want it anymore.

sonyah1
4/1/14

I ordered a pair of shoes from this company. When they arrived the color was off so I sent them back. I took the shoes to the post office March 2, 2014. Up until March 17th Hautelook was telling me they still hadn't received the shoes. The ustomer service rep said she would issue the credit while I was on the phone with her. Makes you wonder what would've happened if I hadn't called. She proceeded to tell me a Hautelook credit has been issued & was on my account. At that time I explained to her, I wanted the credit back on my Master card. I didn't quite understand why it wasn't given back in the original form of payment, I knew this would be my LAST time shopping through this company so a store credit would be useless. She said no problem I will change it in the system & you will see the credit on your Master card in 3 to 5 days. Needless to say, today is April 1st, 15 days after refund was processed and no credit has appeared. My bank has no record of a credit ever being issued. After countless phone calls & emails to Hautelook I've gotten no where. I've even contacted Nordstroms, who I'm surprised is even affiliated with such a company. I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I may never get my money back from Hautelook but at this point I want future buyers to beware.

alexisb30
3/27/14

The deals are not bad but the shipping takes FOREVER. By the time I actually got my packages, I brought them right to the store and returned them because it was something I needed/wanted before it arrived, 8 WEEKS later. I will never shop on this site again, when you buy from China it comes faster!

amyl37
3/23/14

This company told that UPS delivered my product but I never received it. They then went on to tell me I would receive a refund, which they never gave me. This site is a complete ripoff.

nkechiw
3/21/14

I can say I had the Hautelook app on my iPhone for quiet some time and haven't used it. However a month after Christmas I took a look and their sales are remarkable. I have placed over 8 orders with them and have never have an issue with product at all. I will say this much PLEASE READ THE SHIPPING AND RETURNING POLICY. This company has never promised overnight nor fast shipping. Not all items are in their warehouse which means it's a process to get you're product. I can honestly and have recommended this site to my friends. It's nice to get good quality at a reasonable price when you can. For all of those who say this website is a scam how about you do you're research on the product you're interested in before and after viewing. And also people READ!! That is the down fall about ordering online than in the store it requires you to READ.

erind11
3/18/14

I have had several back to back negative experiences with Hautelook. I ordered a number of items well before Christmas, and they didn't show up for nearly a month after I'd ordered them. I complained, and they credited my account. I wasn't informed that the credit would expire in 90 days, so 90 days later it disappeared. I contacted customer service about this, and the person on livechat said that there was nothing he could do about it. Hautelook then sent me a survey to fill out, in which I blasted their delivery times and their lack of customer service. I received an email shortly thereafter informing me that my credit had been reinstated and $10 had been added for the hassle. I used this credit last week to purchase something. The shipping estimate was "1-3 days", but I just received the UPS tracking email and it will take over a week to get to my place, IF they send it out on time.

TL;DR: They lie about shipping times SOMETHING FIERCE. If you know it will take over a week for an item to even be sent to a shipping facility, DO NOT say it will arrive in "1-3 days"!

jennifert25
3/15/14

I ordered a pair of shoes, because they were taking so long I contacted them and asked what was going on, then they quoted me a different arrival date from the one I was quoted at purchase. The second arrival date came and went, so after a month I contacted them again. It turned out they NEVER DELIVERED the shoes, cause they didn't have them. But they never contacted me to tell me they did not have them. It wasn't until I contacted them again that they told me the shoes weren't available because they hadn't ordered enough to fulfill the orders they received. They refunded my money, however, I don't know if they would have done that had I not contacted them again. I get they impression since they never contacted me to say the shoes weren't available that they would have been content with just keeping my money and me not getting my shoes. They tried to offer me a $10 credit after that, but I closed my account immediately. They are a gamble to order from, you're better of just ordering elsewhere or going to a store. It may be a couple bucks more, but at least you'll know you were getting the item you wanted. Heed the negative reviews people.

vanessaa7
3/10/14

The worst experience that I had so far online!!! I order some dresses (6) at Hautelook.com, after charging my account right away I had to wait a month to get the first dress, I'm a size medium/large, I order the dresses large thinking I rather had a dress a little bigger than one that won't fit, boy was I wrong!!. That dress is so SMALL that it fits my niece who is a size 0 or XS!! I am beyond furious, the tag said large, but it's not the right size!!! From all the reviews I know it would be a pain returning the dress and getting my money back, so I guess my niece will have a whole new wardrobe this spring!!! I'm still waiting for some beauty items that I order and the other 5 dresses (that like I said I've charged for, and still waiting for over a month) and NEVER AGAIN, I'll make sure all my friends and family knows what a ripped off Hautelook is!!!

lisaj40
3/6/14

Authentic. Professional. Hassle free. Best prices on high quality products. Items are Described precisely and accurately.
Best brands. Hottest trends. Trustworthy!!!

yuc1
2/25/14

I ordered twice from them.First time I return clothing which didn't refund as original payment but store credit.

I asked no answer.I thought it's the policy anyway,as long as I can use credit

But the very strange thing is they say "free shipping" over $100,but they charge me everytime my order went over $100,I need to write them email to remind them.

First time they did replied politely and return my shipping fee,
After several time it happens again and again,I emailed them asked Why I need to remind them over and over?so ridiculous as a company

Then they never replied again,totally ignored me.

Since I still have credit on so I ordered duo of Strivectin,today package comes,it only comes with 1 tube!

I paid for two not one!so pathetic they being a company!

I emailed them again,not really expecting get their answer and good result.

I'll never buy things from there again!

giannav1
2/7/14

I don't have isuue with shipping, but i ordered so many times and my last order they charged me US dollar instead of Canadian dollars. Also the return takes over 2 months. That's way too long. They are ok, the quaily of the products are very much as listed. I just dont like how they change their way of charging with out telling. I could return, but have to wait forever to get my money/credit back.

laurab60
2/6/14

Awful scam of a site. I ordered a Louie Vuitton bag and paid a lot of money for this bag through haute look. I thought it was going to be the real deal as they advertised. I got it in the mail yesterday and it is FAKE! The leather is fake and the bag is fake!! This site is a scam and they put fake labels on items and sell them!!

jn19
2/5/14

Hautelook is a place where they don't have any courtesy for their customers! They messed up my order three different times and each time honored a credit plus refund ! Then again I had a mess up and they stated since we have given you courtesy credit before we can only offer you $10 for the inconvenience ! Let me just say that the order was placed on December 29th and wasn't received until February 4th plus didn't get one of the items I ordered ! This website is full of crap! No more purchases from them ever

nicolec20
1/30/14

OMG, people please! for those folks complaining of quality of products, many of you I bet just go to the site without reviewing the shipping policies, or even understanding how the site works. This IS a Nordstrom Company! How are you able to return to Nordstrom Rack? This site host "Sales Events" with multiple "Brand" partners. They do not keep ongoing inventory. They depend on the Brand partners to provide the merchandise described in the pictures, (you are placing an order based on a picture and basic description)! Never once have I read on the site, "quality guaranteed". If you don't like the quality or if it looks cheap or whatever, simply return it! Please read the shipping time-frame located in the FAQ's! They never claim to offer over night or even faster shipping. The entire process when ordering from them is located on their site. When speaking to member care, I was informed of this information. Hautelook has over 16 million members, with up to 10 million of the members placing orders monthly! There are issues of course as with lots of online retailers, nothing is 100%, but the complaints and issues received by the company are only about 2-3% of the over all orders placed, which is minimal. Saying this means their overall sales platform is working and they have many many satisfied members whom place and receive orders without issue. I have made several orders, some take longer, but this is expected. If I don't like something, (which has occurred) luckily I have a Nordstrom Rack dept store I can return to, or just process a return ONLINE, VIA YOUR HAUTELOOK ACCT, which is very easy. Don't sign up for a site if you don't understand how it works and then complain and call it a scam. That's just not fair!

kerryh17
1/27/14

I have no idea what all these negative reviews are going on about -- I live in Canada and can tell you that I have never had a bad experience with Hautelook -- the site is amazing and the deals even better
It's a clearance site so know what you are ordering and do it fast -- that's how this works folks so get with the program
I have ordered many products from them and each and every time, the products shop fast and accurately
Hautelook is my daily check in and the only daily deal site that I ever order from They are owned by Nordstroms and follow the same customer service excellence -- no scams here on either prices or products

kristiinab
1/24/14

I don't know why it has so many bad reviews? I had a good experience with Hautelook, maybe shipping is not the fastest (I got one of my items in 10 days and another one in 11 days) but otherwise it's a great way to save on good brands. If you're afraid you're going to get a bad product I suggest you google it first before purchasing it.

barbarag12
1/21/14

Hautelook is a dishonest site. Buyer beware. They will double the retail price and show a discount. It's deceiving. I am warning you about their deception and seems to be getting worse. I have no idea who to report this scam to. Don't buy from them.

lism1
1/18/14

For a company owned by Nordstrom, I thought that purchasing an item would be a great experience. No! It has been well over a month since, I ordered my item and it has not arrived. I wont be ordering again regardless of the deal I got. There are too many other great sites that don't take this long to receive the item!

db56
1/9/14

Great deals, but I have had errors in previous orders and it takes an appalling amount of time to ship to canada. For example, I ordered items on Nov 25; it is January 9, and according to the tracking they have sent me, they are somewhere in Alberta. I think this will be my last purchase.

maryb96
1/3/14

If I could give negative stars I would. Their customer service is horrible. I ordered a watch in October. OCTOBER! December came. I asked where the watch was at in time for Christmas. The rep. said that they were "picking" it in the warehouse and that it should be sent out within a day. 2 weeks passed. 3 weeks passed. Then I was told that they actually did not have inventory for it, and gladly gave me $10 for the inconvenience. They could take their $10 and shove it up their... let's just say no more hautelook..more like NOT LOOK! buyers stay away from this company. You won't get your stuff and don't even let me start with returning items online. They lost half my stuff and never gave me credit.. DONE DONE DONE.

amandam33
12/30/13

Terrible shipping. Products, especially shoes, are not even worth the discounted price. I had to call customer service multiple times to follow up on an order. Each time I was told my order was ready to ship. Shipping is expensive through this site. After 31 days passed (with no order shipment) I called to cancel. They do not follow through. I was promised call backs, credits for the late shipment, etc. none of these things happened. Buyer beware!!! Stick with Amazon or brick and mortar stores. This is nothing like the actual Nordtroms experience. And the deals are not really deals.

carrier21
12/27/13

Return processing takes over a month and the company loses orders, so impossible to track your return some of the time. I will no longer purchase from them.

meganw10
12/26/13

I placed an order on November 20, 2013. As of today, I still have not received it no received any further communication regarding the order. On December 16th, I spoke with a customer service rep. who ensured me that my order was being picked and I would have it in a few days. Nothing. I called again today and was told that my order was short-shipped (essentially, there was not enough product to fulfill the orders and I would not be receiving the product). I had to ASK for a credit for the price paid for the item. In addition to the product refund, they half-heartedly offered me a $10 credit to Hautelook for the hassle I had gone through. Please, no need, because I will NEVER shop with you again. STAY AWAY.

emilyh22
12/21/13

I placed an order with them November 21 for an $18 acrylic case to hold some makeup in. Then with shipping and tax I ended up spending close to $30! It would of been cheaper to just go to the store and get one. But here it is exactly a month later and I have yet to receive my package. They said I would get it by December 17th with seems crazy because I ordered it in November but I was okay with it. Then I received an email saying they shipped it out on dec 16.. How they expect me to get it by the 17th is beyond me. But I'm STILL waiting for it. This site is a waste. Yes it has some cool stuff but it isn't worth the wait by any means.

stephanier13
12/19/13

THEY OVER CHARGE TAX !!! Buyer beware ! If you decide to buy from hautelook.com, not only do you have to wait a lifetime for your purchases to arrive, but they do not charge the correct sales tax percent for where you live. I'm actually thinking about reporting them to the government for this.
WILL NEVER BUY FROM AGAIN!

julial13
12/17/13

This is probably one of the best discount online stores. Their customer service is amazing - I have recieved the wrong items a few times and they return it with no questions. Also, the price for shipping is nowhere near outrageous - some American site charge $22 for shipping to Canada. The products from Hautelook are amazing, the discounts are amazing, and I would recommend it to anyone .

wendym16
12/17/13

This website is ridiculous. I ordered several items. 3 of these items were fashion jewelry. They looked like costume jewelry from Target. After waiting weeks for delivery, I was so disappointed because they were gifts.
I called and was put on hold for so long the customer service agent sent me a return label and said she would waive the shipping fee.
I felt a little better until it took weeks for them to receive the return package.
Then I received an email crediting only one of the three items in the package.
What kind of service is this? The website looked like it had promise but their customer service is terrible

monicam17
12/14/13

The products/site is okay, but in a world where amazon.com ships in 2 days, waiting over a month to get a single item is ridiculous (and that's with paying $9 bucks for shipping!)

I'm surprised the brand is associated with nordstroms, because nordstroms has such great customer service... unless they fix the timeliness of their deliver, the site will continue to stay in business.

sacham30
12/12/13

I just received a credit from them for the FAKE Louis Vuitton I purchased! It took a month to receive this bag, and what disappointment, and frustration I had when I saw it was nothing more than a fake. Thankfully, they didn't give me much problems in getting my money back, but I will never shop there again! It's not worth the time or continued risk of getting fakes on everything..........

lucias2
12/10/13

Customer service is just horrible, merchandise is ok if you are willing to wait for months to receive it. I am in Canada and their shipping and customs are horrific and a total rip off. Stay away!

mo3809
12/10/13

I ordered almost $300 in merchandise from this company claiming to be allied with Nordstroms. It turns out that the quality of their items was very cheap and I had to return them. It was outrageous because it took nearly 2 months for them to receive the packages and provide a return to me. This is unacceptable because they charge customers as soon as they ship the item, not when the customer "receives" it. If that were the case, they would be bankrupt because their shipping is outrageously slow. Better stick with amazon that has REAL customer service and is a REAL company dedicated to providing REAL products, not scams.

kathyh22
12/9/13

First of all, I have never had problems with the customer service. I did have to call them once and they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Now, the quality of the items is another story. I have been dissatisfied with everything I have purchased, and since you pay for shipping both ways (unless you settle for a credit), it's a ripoff. They take pictures making things look different than what they really look like. Plus, sizes seem off. I am a 6.5 in shoes (always) and ordered a black pair of shoes I already owned in brown. I couldn't even get my foot in the ones from a Hautelook! Now that's weird, and No, my feet weren't swollen. Jewelry looks different too (not as good) etc. I'm not trying to be mean, and I usually leave good reviews. I've never left a bad review on my fav website ModCloth...Sorry, it's all true :-(

tiffanyn2
12/8/13

I found this website recently and thought it as too good to be true. Upon finding a pair of shoes that I loved, I put them in my cart and continued browsing. I made sure to keep an eye on the timer, as you only have 15 minutes to checkout before they make the item available to others. I went to check out with over 4 minutes left on the hold and was told the item was sold out! So not only do they give you a 15 minute time limit to make your selections, but they don't even hold the item for the full 15 minutes as promised! After I was told that the shoes were sold out, I went back to the page where I found them and they were completely gone...not even listed under the sold out ones. I contacted customer service via e-mail and have yet to hear back from them. Buyers beware!! I believe that they use cheap prices to lure in customers only to make the items unavailable when you try to purchase them.

christyc4
12/6/13

At first I loved this app. So many great deals. But it look a month to receive my first order when the estimated delivery date specified upon ordering said only 10-14 days. My last order was placed on November 5th and I'm still waiting for my item to be shipped! Again, when I purchased the item the estimated delivery date said only two weeks. I will never order from here again because I am not waiting a month or more for my purchased items to arrive. Very disappointed!

lexif2
12/5/13

I love the selection of products and the prices but i am very tired of the shipping wait. Every single time i buy something from them it takes a whole month to TWO months to get to me!!! I buy a winter jacket and by the time it gets here, its not even winter!! I live in the US, so theres no excuse for this! Im getting very irritated. Still waiting on my item to ship and its been a month. Hasnt even SHIPPED yet. Rediculous! BEWARE HOLIDAY GIFT BUYERS: You definitely will not get your purchase by christmas!!!

sylviah8
12/3/13

I placed an order 11/1/13 with an original delivery set to be no later than 11/22/13 (I paid for 3-7 day shipping) & without notification to me my delivery date had been changed to 12/2/13 (over a month since order was placed). I contacted member care through the chat option online and was told my order still had not shipped, but it should by next week. I asked fot a refund and will never shop here again!

debrak5
11/28/13

Terrible customer service. Ordered a jacket and received A blouse. I've sent THREE emails to customer service asking how to return the item with no response to any of them. Inconsistent with delivery charges. Won't be ordering anymore.

pipas
11/26/13

Well, although I never write reviews, I felt compelled to do so, after reading many about Hautelook. I've purchased more than 130 items (you read correctly-130) from them and yes, twice I received the wrong item(same brand),but other than that, I always get what I ordered. They do have late delivery, but you are informed before you place an order. Some orders are placed with partners, some ship directly from their warehouse. I read people complaining about quality, but lets face it, If you buy a leather bag for $65, you shouldn't expect the highest quality! Or, if you buy shoes for $25, make no mistake, those are not meant to last or be the most comfortable. That does not mean, that you can't find a great deal on great quality items( often past seasons'). I've bought from Hautelook many great products: from shoes and boots, to clothing, perfumes, books, bedding and etc. If you are not sure that you are getting a good deal, do a quick research online before you place your order. Have fun!

lize10
11/25/13

I ordered Ugg boot for my daughter on 11/11113. I wash unable to checkout until my time limit was over and I lost the selection. I then called in and had a rep assist me with purchasing a pink flamingo Ugg with a $15 discount. Although it was not the color I wanted, I accepted it anyway.
Well, it came today 11/25/13 and to my surprise inside the box was a mens sweater !!!! Really after all this time? I called and was told there was nothing they could do since the sale was over. Hautelook or hautemess!

tabathal
11/22/13

I love hautelook. There are tons of items sold on this website that I couldn't get where I live because they just don't carry ahlf of the brands and/or items in my small hometown, for that I'm grateful. Even us small town gals like to wear nice clothes and carry fancy handbags lol.
Many people I know shop on the site and have had great experiences. Check it out, they have amazing deals on tons of items from scarfs, sweaters, shoes, to jewelry.

susanb40
11/21/13

As if Nordstrom wasn't my fave store, I have made it part of my routine to get to their flash sale site daily at 11 am EST on the dot. I promise I am not one of those people who keep holding and holding an item that you want only to let it go hours later. As long as my cart has at least $100 worth of goods (to qualify for free shipping) my choices are gone from your possibilities thisfast.
This past week HauteLook has added Nordstrom Off The Rack for HauteLook. Double your bargains, triple your bargains, quadruple the fun. I just love dealing with this site. Sometimes shipping times can be two to three weeks from time of purchase, but you are told that upfront before you purchase. If you only purchased $85 dollars worth and then go back for another round later in the day you can call their customer service and they'll combine the orders for free shipping. Basically you are treated like the royalty that you are as their customer. If you've never been to a Nordstrom store, trust me when I say/type that they are the the best at treating you like a Queen or King. If they can do anything to make you happy they'll do it. Credits are often found on my account before I get an eMail letting me know that I'm about to receive one. I thought that this might have been the exception, not the rule, due to how much I purchase, so I asked my daughter (who has her own account) to deal with Customer Service and ask them to combine a shipment, and they did it for her, as well, so obviously EVERY customer is important to them because she buys from the site much less frequently than I and she spends much less that I do, too.

yolandal
11/20/13

Hautelook is a joke, they give you a shipping date then change it three weeks later, you never receive your products in a timely manner, i called several times about my order tht i have been waiting on for over four weeks, i was told the wait to send there shipments in bulk and not individually. I will never order from this site again! Hautelook is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!

katiea4
11/19/13

I had a great experience with hautelook.com. I was a little nervous ordering from them, due to some negative reviews I read. Most reviews were about how long the shipping took, but it is clearly stated when you check out, so I was prepared. I received my order the exact date I was told. Other reviews were regarding quality. I received the exact items I ordered, at the quality I expected. I ordered two fleece character ponchos; one Hello Kitty and one Batman. They are of great quality. I was going to order the same ones from Amazon for almost $40 each, but found them on Hautelook.com for $13 each. I will definitely be ordering from them again. I would rather wait for longer shipping than pay three times the price elsewhere.

carolg12
11/17/13

So sorry about this, had ordered from them & been satisfied until my last order. Ordered on Oct. 2, notified of shipping on Oct. 29 & my AmEx was charged. USPS has NEVER received the package. Electronic label still sitting in Fontana CA. I've emailed Hautelook several times & chatted twice-last time was Friday, Elizabeth said she'd contact me by the end of the day but didn't. So, still no answers. It's 4 bottles of nail polish, wanted them for Thanksgiving. They are losing a customer over less than $30 of mercandise.

ashinas
11/15/13

I've only tried to purchase three things from this site. At first I was thrilled because the deal on the dress I first purchased was amazing, but when the dress arrived a few days before the wedding I was going to wear it to, it was the wrong dress!!!
They gave me a refund and a $10 credit, which expired before I could use it. Despite this incident I tried a second time, this time ordering two shirts for my boyfriend for Christmas. I loved the design and the price on them! But I used the wrong credit card and immediately sent them an email to see if they could cancel it and reorder it with my current debit card. Their policy says they will respond within 24 hours, but it took them two days to tell my the brand was processing fast so they could cancel it or change the billing information. A week or two later ONE of the shirts arrives . I call about the second one and they tell me it should arrive a week or so later, but for the inconvenience they gave me a $10 credit. Two days later I receive an email saying that the shirt is actually out of stock and they have to refund me and they give me a $10 credit-- which is weird since two weeks earlier they refused to cancel the order because it had already been processed!!! If you want more reliability, try ruelala or myhabit, they have deals that are just as great! :)

vara1
11/13/13

I've got my order waaay later than it was promised. I've had to call them and send them messages to figure out if I ever get the order. Finally, the sales representative promised at least to refund the shipping cost. After several weeks I've got my purchase, but never the shipping refund. I think they got a good products to offer, but I won't buy there anything anymore. There are so many other online stores with much better customer service. If to talk about merchandise itself, it was good, nothing ripped, same as what I saw on their website.

nicolez
11/12/13

OH MY GOSH!!! If I were you I would NOT listen to any of the negative comments people have been posting. Look I have worked in retail, and frankly when I read the comments about horrible telephone service, I have one word for the complainers. BREATHE. Obviously your not calling to tell them they did a good job, so do not get angry, its not THEIR fault they are just there to help you, and who knows what could of happened to that person on the phone that day. Yes, work and personal life is always separated, but sometimes you cannot hide emotions. Also everything I have ordered off of Hautelook comes to my house so fast and its always is perfect. I am never surprise when opening up my box of goodies. Whatever I saw in the picture is what I am looking at in real life. And really the Prices are AMAZING! I recently bought Fergie Metro Boots for only 70$. For the quality and the comfort of the boot I would of paid full price! I love love love hautelook, and personally make it a daily routine to check the website, even if more times then not I do not by something for myself, but I always find myself showing things off the website to friends because I know they would want it. Hautelook has never done anything wrong to me or anyone in my family, and totally we have purchased over 20+ things. love Hautelook, I recommend it to everyone!

laural30
11/11/13

They constantly make excuses for their bad site. I ordered a pair of boots and a month and a half later, after many phone calls on my end, was told that they couldn't fulfill my order. Wish I knew that a month earlier! They just kept blaming the partner company where the boots were supposed to get shipped from. Nordstrom is an amazing company, but they really dropped the ball with Hautelook. It's really a shame.

arleneg1
11/8/13

I went to the website curious to see what was promised as fabulous prices and selection. I was required to agree to terms of service that specifically stated any charges associated with use of the site could be changed at anytime. Crazy bad!