US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jeaniew1

I contacted Groupon customer service and they refunded me by giving me Groupon bucks. (in 458 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 92 reviews)

sandrao3

But i just bought a Body Shop groupon 2 weeks ago and it expires on Dec 31st. (in 54 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

greggb12
3/30/16

Why won't you honor a coupon for a faithful customer? I've asked this question to your 'customer service' three times, but have only gotten stock responses, none of which applies to my problem. Shame on Groupon!

scottj48
3/30/16

bought a &26 in value Groupon for Fanfango , but only got $23 and change toward purchase. What followed:

In the last 10 days of communicating back and forth, with no less than SIX different customer service agents, I am no closer to an answer. Each of those six communications was ineffective and essentially empty, with agents asking for information that was irrelevant to the issue (my telephone number, my shipping address). In fact, the agents merely repeated the language listed in the groupon offer! And after all this time, no information whatsoever regarding Fandango's rip off of a small but still meaningful amount of money from me.

francescac5
3/30/16

I wont waste my breath anymore than I had to today, on facebook and twitter. Groupon have officially gone down in my books. I waited two weeks and had not received as much as a dispatch email for a wine order from The Vineyard Club. I emailed the merchant and Groupon, no response for a few days until being told that my query was going to be passed to management and to wait another two weeks to get a reply, not event to receive confirmation that its on its way. I asked for a refund, and low and behold. No reply. They have robbed me of £33. Even after all of this, no reply. Avoid.

cuddinao
3/29/16

First lets start with Groupon delivery service...#1,The delivery was booked and cancelled 5 times due to the fact that they wanted to leave the boxes 5 minutes away from my house at the concierge office and not bring to my property. I had to call and speak to higher management in order for them to bring the boxes to my building. Ridiculous!!! #2, All items had faulty defects and was really bad quality. #3, When i spoke to customer service they were not helpful at all wanted me to do a million things before they would even consider helping me to the point i just told the lady to cancel my subscription and delete me from all database because i want nothing more to do with Groupon. This whole process was so ridiculous im left out of pocket and now have fault furniture. I dont advice anyone to use Groupon.

manishal
3/29/16

love the deals , they are truly at good prices.Keep up the good work :)

angelah67
3/29/16

this site is shocking. full of scams on this site. stay away is it terrible

angelaw71
3/29/16

Once upon a time Groupon was great! Products were good quality and delivery was quick! NOT anymore! I have been using groupon for 4 years. The quality of the products offered are pictured as top quality, but when products arrive I question if I received the right items. Delivery is a joke! They state shipping in 2 days from date of purchase. I am currently waiting for an item ordered on the 18th, with guaranteed shipping in 2 days. Took 11 days before the item shipped! I have contacted Groupon customer support several times without receiving an answer other than a tracking number, which when checked just states usps had received notice to expect the package.
Shop Amazon.com

tindac
3/29/16

This is a good way to try different services that you wouldn't normally use, but with a discount you might give it a go. To tell the truth I haven't even used all my purchases, so it's probably even better for the people advertising...

nickd59
3/29/16

Good place to get ahold of coupons. I am very happy with Groupon, it has been an excellent source for fun activities for me.

jayk56
3/29/16

Pretty good place to keep finding deals. I have very seldom been disappointed in Groupon, as the deals have always worked and even when they don't the staff has been helpful.

bryantb16
3/29/16

Great deals, bring the coupons and your friends to almost wherever you want.

trays2
3/29/16

Pretty Grand website. Makes finding and using coupons real easy. I use groupon almost non stop when I want to do fun little outings with my friends.

wader13
3/28/16

get massages from groupon when go to vegas,,always great deals!!

belt4
3/28/16

The silicon cover for plates and bowls were written as non toxic. What came was a foul smelling and oily piece of silicon. How can it be non toxic?

Also, the system went wrong and it showed that it didn't go through with my first payment. I tried again and the payment wale by through for the second time. Later I was sent an email that payments went through for both times!

I emailed to cancel one of the order and the customer service officer claimed that I was one of the lucky customers to be able to purchase the product. They were still selling it. How exclusive! I persisted on cancellation and they said orders were sent out. Such nice delaying tactics.

In short, I am now their ex-customer.

sarahd110
3/28/16

I have only used groupon once. I will probably never use it again after this. I found a great deal on adult coloring books, 4 for the price of 1. I put in my order and patiently waited for it to ship. Somehow the street name was input incorrectly (either my error or whatever), so my package was marked undeliverable and sent back to groupon. I contacted their customer service and was told that they do not reship items. Instead I have to wait 10 days for a refund so I could reorder the product. Problem is, the sale was only good for 3 days and the product sold out.

johnb574
3/27/16

not a groupon groupie but this worked out great. Event was for four people. Included hour in classroom on terminology, range policy laws and safety. This was followed by range time using 16 different pistols from 22 to 45 cal...... 5 rounds each.
Two beginners and two seasoned shooters agreed the event was great.
Participants received basic training on pistol features, safety, grip, sighting and range practices.
All participants shot 16 different pistols to evaluate caliber and feel of each pistol.
The instructors were very knowledgeable, patient and focused on safety.
Thank You to the Frisco Gun Club, Chris, JJ and Neil for the training and a great time.

laylam1
3/27/16

Great service and great deals.

abigaln
3/27/16

Fantastic deal choices. Makes it really easy to team up with friends, and use the coupons for group outings.

gracem63
3/27/16

It was shocking having to deal with Groupon staff due to an error that they/their accomplice made. I will for sure never use them again. They were unreasonable, unhelpful and it was an overall terrible experience dealing with Groupon

deepaka1
3/26/16

EACH PRODUCT I HAVE RECEIVED TURNED OUT TO BE THE WORSE CHINESE QUALITY I HAVE EVER USED, STOPPED BUYING FROM IT .

kathiej2
3/26/16

I bought a 60 min massage last October 5, 2015 from Tranquility Massage (Jacqueline). When I called for an appt, she said she was booked for the next two weeks. On the day of my appt, I forgot the voucher and called while I was on my way. She said she required it and I needed to reschedule, again two weeks later. I finally got my massage this month. When I asked how she stayed so booked, her explanation was that it was Groupon's fault, because they sold 1,000 instead of 100, so she had to set aside certain days for those sales. Her massage was awful - when I asked her if it was swedish or deep tissue, she said she did neither because hers were unique. Her manner was blasé, unconcerned, and she gave me a 40 min massage (if you can call it that). I've had many massages in my 70 years, but this one took the cake! I think she offered these massages and booked them out 2-3 weeks ahead so her customers would get frustrated and let her have her $35. GROUPON: don't accept her ads anymore!!!

francesc268
3/26/16

March is ending soon, but I haven't received my showerhead which I ordered on Feb. 3rd. Contacted customer service on March 22nd, but the message below is the only response I could get so far.

"I'm forwarding this issue to a customer support representative on our Groupon Goods team to look into this further. Once we have more information, we'll follow up with a resolution as quickly as possible."

Today is March 26th. Groupon can't solve issues for their customers in four days???

maxr40
3/25/16

So many great products to choose from. It really is an exceptional website to find coupons on.

lilyj19
3/25/16

Great deals, I am very happy to have discovered groupon. Makes finding deals real easy.

karens185
3/25/16

I ordered a pair of BLACK flats (shoes) in size 8.5, and my transaction confirmation came through stating this. When I received my shipment, it contained the flats, but in BROWN faux suede, size 9! When I contacted customer service, they said that exchanges were not available at this time. Which means, Groupon never had the black flats in my size to begin with! Yet they still "fulfilled" my order, took my money, and sent me different ones without notifying me. Now it is up to me to send them back, and wait a few weeks for my refund to process. DO NOT BUY FROM GROUPON GOODS

hollye7
3/25/16

I was gifted a groupon. When I tried to use the groupon for a night's stay at resort I was told by the resort that it was under new ownership and could not be honored. I requested with detailed information from groupon customer service staff to have groupon bucks credited for the amount of the groupon that I was not able to use. They refused and said the gift giver is the only one who can get groupon bucks credited. This makes no sense and is dishonest business policy. It's the same if you were gifted a too small shirt in a department store and went to exchange it in the store with the gift receipt but are told that the exchange can only be made by the gift giver. Poor, poor policy. This groupon was paid for and they hold onto your money...not even a credit in the form of groupon bucks (which was what my request was). Holly Evans

reniatal
3/24/16

Easy to use, and so many coupons to choose from.

marias160
3/24/16

I like using groupon, it makes it easier and there is always deals.

heshawnt
3/24/16

I love groupon! can find just about anything to do with the coupons!

sarahj131
3/24/16

You can find just about anything on Groupon. I love using it to hang out with my friends.

henryc68
3/24/16

Plenty of coupons to choose from, and a wide array of businesses.

htownj

Good place for deals

jills53
3/24/16

I loved Groupon when things were going smoothly and I could order what I wanted. Then... the day came when I actually needed customer support/care and... cricket... nothing! Their website offers little to nothing. But, I dug deeper and finally got a number (they only email back within 24 hours). Here I sit... 35 minutes into my "hold" mode. And, still nada. Oh, wait... they just answered and yes! Disconnected me! OMG they absolutely are on the bottom of the armpit line for service. I am NEVER using them again. Do not EVER use Groupon with an expectation that they will support you... the consumer.

I gladly submit my name: Jill Sisk

miam32
3/24/16

The service is great. Use it from time to time.

toyar1
3/24/16

be carefull, they will double bill you for one transaction. in the background, it will tell 'oups, we had trouble processing your request'. try again. So you do, then you get double billed on credit card. try getting support and they are completely unwilling to help. Hello WagJag and JuzDeals....you know get my business

derekp27
3/23/16

Groupon advertise excellent prices, but you can always get as good or better elsewhere.

Their service is,however, simply awful. I made a purchase that was promised delivery in 7 days. After 30 days I had to get in touch with the supplier directly to find what was happening and was told that my item was damaged and the deal was sold out!! I am still waiting for a refund.

Use them at your peril!.

wendyh71
3/23/16

Why do half the websites for products seem like a SCAM? Computer freezes when trying to check out not to mention NUMEROUS pop ups for other items to buy when trying to redeem your groupon. VERY FRUSTRATING!! Canceled two orders already because its not worth the hassle and should not be so hard to redeem.

deborahn14
3/23/16

I can't use a $39 Groupon for a children's tea party because my nieces moved out of state. They will NOT give me a credit. They are giving other people credits, and I have gotten a credit before because the salon would not return my calls to make an appointment.

steveng72
3/23/16

DO NOT BUY FROM GROUPON they have no idea who makes the products the sell nor weather or not the information they have on the products is correct. here is an actual conversation i had with a groupon rep.

[Alex] Issue: I have questions about the deal or business
, i actually just want to know who is the manufacture of one of your available items: https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmbh-6-449-merchandising-uk?CID=UK_AFF_5600_225_5383_1&z=skip&sid=DD220316-DEALSNATIONX1458725012098807700X-45323096&wid=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.discountvouchers.co.uk%252F&utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=203104&mediaId=200004&utm_source=GPN
[Bharathy]

Thank you for contacting Groupon. My name is Bharathy.

[Bharathy] Hi, Alex.
[Alex] hi
[Bharathy] Could you please give me a moment while I check this for you?
[Alex] sure
[Bharathy] Thanks for your patience.
[Alex] np
[Bharathy] We are unable to provide the specific information , because we buy products from various countries, and try to give the customers in a reduced cost.
[Bharathy] This Product is fulfilled by Groupon Global goods as a whole.
[Alex] so you don't know who the manufacture is for an item you are selling?
[Bharathy] We are unable to disclose the information, Sorry for the trouble.
[Bharathy] It is Groupon Goods, If you have any issue you can directly reach out to us.
[Bharathy] We will sort it out.
[Alex] i have just done that
[Bharathy] Could you please elaborate your issue?
[Bharathy] I don't mean to rush you. However the chat has been idle and I'm wondering if we are still connected?
[Alex] I would like to know who makes the in-car entertainment transmitter that is featured on your site (i have posted the link to the item on your site at the top of this conversation)
[Alex] we are i was just typing - (edit which by the way it tells them in the chat window)
[Bharathy] I am happy to hear that we are connected!!
[Bharathy] All of our products are vetted by our Quality Assurance team prior to feature.
[Bharathy] We work with a variety of trusted suppliers for the deals we offer and all Groupon Goods Global GmbH products are purchased directly from Groupon.
[Bharathy] This particular product is unbranded, as such we are unable to provide details of the brand, model number or manufacturer.
[Bharathy] However please be assured that the product has passed our internal quality checks.

again, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE, all reviews that are positive are probably fake created by employees.

randym48
3/22/16

You have to read the fineprint on all the deals---Otherwise good site

yungp
3/22/16

Some of the deals are good, others such as house cleaning and mobile massage are terrible, I tried various different cleaning services through Groupon and have yet able to actually booked one, I had the misfortune of the cleaning companies cancelling on me, some the very same day. Couldn't book a massage to save my life with "We Massage" service.

gregk24
3/22/16

they are the best if you like deals

carolm62
3/22/16

I buy of Groupon practically every day. I usually buy local deals like dining out in restaurants, bedding and gadgets. Any supplier who doesn't honour a purchase for whatever reason is refunded within a few days, after I contact Groupon via email. They have a very good customer services department, otherwise they wouldn't be in business for too long. Carol McFadden, Belfast

jacobf28
3/22/16

So I have bought a few things from Groupon and it does remind me a lot of many of the other discount sites, but I didn't want to rate this site as "Average" because there is something "Good" about them. They focus a lot on location and events. It's really nice to browse around on if you are looking for something to do.

wendya30
3/20/16

Ive used groupon before good deals but got a good deal at a hair salon no problem. Then months later. Brought another one. When I called for another appt. the owner informed me that gropon should of notified me that its one time only per salon. But they took my money and wouldn't give it back. Not right they told me I could transfer it to another person. That's bull$#*!

crawdaddys
3/19/16

Groupon blamed AMEX for my Credit card decline. AMEX was clear that they sent authorization but Groupon never completed the transaction. Hours wasted with emails, chats, and unintelligible VOIP with foreign accent automatons.

just terrible. Couldn't even cancel the order.

AMEX was great

User beware

chase165
3/19/16

The people using Groupon are BUSINESS KILLERS!!! People using Groupon are only interested in getting something for nothing!!

bobbyl18
3/19/16

Golf club cancelled my round of golf...groupon took my money anyway, the golf club said I can get my money back via groupon...groupon refused to

vickiej2
3/18/16

They have defects in their devices but don't do replacements but do returns makes no sense at all this is so unfair I hate this low budget site

patg27
3/17/16

Watch out for the small print... You can get vouchers for an outing but the vouchers don't cover you for everything and it can cost you on the day...

2,179 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

77 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon