US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robinr24

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. (in 264 reviews)

nicoles11

They do save your credit card number as I've read from others. (in 55 reviews)

rickb4

2 weeks after that, they sent me an email announcing my store was "too small" for their site. (in 34 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

valerieb13
12/9/14

Bunk beds late delivery one man box so heavy I could 't even hold it up,delivery man not allowed beyond front door did in end or would have had to take it back . I had already taken 4 packages into house with some difficulty.

Tip for consumers: Don't believe delivery dates if you ring groupon like I did about tracking they won't find it either. Management review takes 14 days still waiting
I have had other groupons with no problems

jasonm121
12/8/14

Great deals are as promised but their delivery promise is totally false. The products take at least a month after the order date for receiving. So, if you want the product fast Groupon is not the place to get it...however if you are patient with the very long delivery and the lack of response to customer inquire then order away.

Tip for consumers: Be very patient in responses from customer service and for delivery

robinr24
12/6/14

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. Then tried another customer service number: (888) 664-4482
Service Rep was awesome and fixed everything right away.

Tip for consumers: Tip for consumers: Call Groupon at (888) 664-4482 if you have any problems.

nenad4
12/6/14

DO NOT BUY GOODS FROM GROUPON. THEY ARE SLOW TO SHIP AND THEY MAKE RETURNS IMPOSSIBLE EVEN WHEN THERE IS A LEGIT REASON FOR A RETURN! Ordered a Vigilant Rainbow "Smart" toothbrush that was supposed to communicate with my android phone and help teach my daughter to brush her teeth well. My Vigilant Rainbow, did not work with either of my phones. Groupon fine print says it is returnable if defective but system does not let you print a label for return. Customer service not responsive. I just wasted $30 on a cheap quality brush toothbrush that does nothing.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY GOODS FROM GROUPON. THEY ARE SLOW TO SHIP AND THEY MAKE RETURNS IMPOSSIBLE EVEN WHEN THERE IS A LEGIT REASON FOR A RETURN!

katc6
12/3/14

What a joke!! Slow shipping, poor quality goods and extremely poor customer service.

"ladies" camis purchased. They sent childrens sizes. The merchant was not censored and continued to market the item as a ladies size.

Item labeled "Phillips Sonicare Toothbrushes" arrived as a generic. Visibly lower quality than brand name. In addition, only 1/2 my order arrived. Was told by Groupon they would not be able to fulfill my order. Went to look at the order, and noticed the business had changed the description to Philips Sonicare (Generic) and lowered the price $5. I asked Groupon to refund me the additional $5 ...no dice. I just got a refund on the whole order.

Bottom line, Groupon Good is a horrible store. Don't waste your money.

Tip for consumers: Do not waste your money!!

jessb39
11/29/14

Love groupon! I have always received exactly what I ordered. The one time that I had an issue was when the USPS wouldn't deliver my package because no one was there to sign for it and then they didn't know where my package was. So I called groupon and told them what happened, granted I did have to wait 40 mins on hold but the customer service rep was extremely friendly and apologetic. She said she could refund my money as groupon bucks and then I could just reorder the product. I received my refund instantaneously and reordered the product which I received within a week!

lisad64
11/29/14

I have received many Groupon offers but received one recently that was perfect for me. It was for buy 2 dozen Krispy Kreme for the price of 1. I was so excited that I bought 2 deals, knowing I could use 1 for the office team during the holidays and the other for my family at Thanksgiving. Well, when I went to use the coupon, the store rejected it because it was for other stores out of the area. The closest store is 2 hours away from me, which means I will never use this coupon. I contacted Groupon asking for a refund, and all they did was refer them to their return policy. Since I was just outside that, they wouldn't refund the money. I wasted my money, and am very disappointed in their service. I will never use them again. Buyer beware!!!!!

Tip for consumers: read the fine print, and beware. Once you buy it, you are stuck!

latal
11/28/14

Can't even give one star to such compnay (but if i am not puting one star they are not alowing me to proceed)who just take money and do not give any service or discount . Even customer serivce talk so rudly when we call for not giving discount.
Self had bought a discount offer for CAB booking they took money and everthing after that when i used that voucher to book CAB that CAB dont even sent a CAR and used that voucher code and said we dont have cab. when i went back to Groupon they replied that "they are not responsible, Groupon just took money for voucher for code they provide and they are not concerned with weather they get discount or Service". So should not trust such worst company who just want to earn money.

Tip for consumers: Dont even think to buy any offer from Groupon. They will just take money and give u code then weather u got discount or service they are not concerned or give you money back.

joanneb25
11/25/14

I got totally ripped-off buying printer ink on Groupon. I paid $91.13 for 8 ink cartridges and not one of them works in the printer. The company that sent them has ZERO contact information - not even a name on the cartridge boxes, the shipping carton, or the packing slip. I contacted Groupon within 30 days and they said, "Sorry for your bad luck - you failed to notify us of the problem within 15 days". Really Groupon? The warranty on your website said 30 days and you should have some responsibility for knowing who is selling products on your site. But you completely bailed on me and left me with $91.13 worth of useless ink cartridges. I "was" a good customer. Spent over $1000 dollars on Groupon goods the same month I bought the ink. And this is how Groupon treated me.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware if there is no company website link. Groupon would not give me the information and left me high and dry with $91.13 worth of bad printer ink cartridges.

michaelb186
11/20/14

DO NOT try to resolve any problem on their web page or cell phone app, it is way too complicated and time consuming.
I got Groupons phone number from the BBB site.
It is:
(888) 664-4482
I finally got through and the problem was resolved.

Tip for consumers: Call Groupon at (888) 664-4482 if you have any problems.

sandraa26
11/20/14

Been a customer for a couple of years and I am finding the customer service to be horrible. I was on hold for over two hours using 2 different phones. Yes, I know I could have hung up but I needed to speak with a rep. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE customer service.

Tip for consumers: Better get a comfortable chair when calling to speak with a rep. Wait time is toooooooo long!

geneg14
11/19/14

The Delivery By Groupon Sucks! I can't believe that FedEx would be a part of it. To take 10 days by FedEx to go from Connecticut to California (although I still have not yet received delivery) and have both Groupon and FedEx lie about the delivery date and then back track on the delivery date after Groupon confirmed the delivery date in an email and a live FedEx representative confirmed delivery the day I called by 8 p.m. and then have them rewrite the delivery time that night for two days later. This is absurd. They should not call this FedEx Smartpost, but instead FedEx Stupidpost -- "if it has to be there on time .... use a different carrier."
Gene Y.

Tip for consumers: Don't Buy Goods Or Products From Groupon

boortj
11/19/14

Bought a Groupon as a gift. Business closed a month later. Told Groupon what had happened, needed 15 emails sent to get satisfaction. Replies from 6 different reps, no supervisors. Often repeating my last email.

3 weeks later (!) refund finally issued: "refund either to your form payment or in Groupon bucks". Next day, message from Groupon: "good news, your refund has been processed. Your Groupon bucks are available to be spent immediately."

My face = :o

??

Angry email sent asap.

Incredible breach of trust. Done with Groupon.

Lessons provided by Groupon on how to lose a customer in twenty days:
- do not respond to polite emails with confirmation of taking care of issue (or any confirmation at all).
- force customer to repeat themselves continuously.
- allow multiple reps to inadequately handle the account.
- breach customer account privacy and security to make refund decision for them.

Completely and utterly unacceptable treatment.

Tip for consumers: The deals aren't that good. The service is terrible.

toddw21
11/18/14

DO NOT BUY AIR DUCT CLEANING ON GROUPON. Your purchase get a scam man to your door, taking a look around your entire home to see everything you own and figure what he can scam you for. I bought a cleaning only to get an estimate of $200+ for them to do anything. I am no truly worried about theft. I asked for a refund and was told I can not seek a refund as I refused the work.

Tip for consumers: Do not Use Groupon for any service

vickia2
11/17/14

Purchased item on 30/9/14 and still havent recieved it. Made a complaint and have just had numerous emails for the last few weeks saying they are still 'investigating' despite the item being up for sale again. Will never buy from them again. Paypal cannot reverse transactions to groupon even if you do not recieve them

rodl4
11/17/14

Well I have tried to purchase items from Groupon, order services and online items. Other than one online item the rest have been either of such poor quality, or the site doesn't work or something... 40 min on hold to have someone say well we can give you Groupon credit... I am sorry that doesn't cut it. Once, even twice is okay but it is the norm to have below average and below quality, then it is about a company that doesn't care about the item, just the money it gets from it! I will never order from them again. I guess the old adage is true "you get what you pay for" . shop around locally you can get the same thing...

Tip for consumers: DON'T BUY FROM GROUPON!

robertw118
11/17/14

Doesn't get any worse than this!!! STAY AWAY FROM GROUPON! They're bunch of thieves. Their hold time is 30-60 min after than they'll drop a call on you. You can never reach a supervisor. If you get lucky and reach one, supervisors are not attentive. Their return policy is awfull! You can only cancel groupon within 3 days. I bought my grupon to a small hair salon. They happened to be crooks. Grupon refused giving me a refund b/c it was outside of 3 days return policy. They don't really check businesses so that they can make more $. If that business is crook you're screwed and can't get your money back. I WOULD NEVER BUY A GRUPON AGAIN!!!

yanyp
11/14/14

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Waited 2 hours on hold to talk to customer service representative. After two hours my call just dropped and I never got the chance to talk to live person.

kristenb11
11/14/14

I WILL NEVER USE GROUPON GOODS AGAIN. Never use groupon goods!! They're return policy is terrible. If you don't return a product within 14 days, you can't return it. So if something you purchase is a gift and it isn't discovered until the gift is given, you're screwed. I've had two bad experiences with dysfunctional products.

Tip for consumers: NEVER ORDER FROM THEM.

rachels41
11/13/14

HORRIBLE!! I have a five and three year old that have been more excited than ever to go see the circus for the first time...it tells me i have to wait the day before, before i can print the vouchers well its the day of and i will be leaving right from work where i have no access to a printer, to grab my little ones and head to the show, but still cant print no tickets!!! so after waiting 48 MINUTES to talk to someone they tell me its technical errors and if we miss the show they will refund me.... so what am i suppose to tell my kids...that Groupons a POS and now we cant go... cause they would totally understand that right.
SUCH A RIP OFF!!! DO NOT USE GROUPON, they only get your hopes up for nothing.

johnr188
11/13/14

UPDATE: I called their customer service 888-664-4482, and they refunded the $129 to be credited to my cc in 10 days.

"SCAM ALERT!" Groupon sent me an offer labeled "John's Seattle Deals" for cleaning services, 3 hours for $129. I live 2 miles from Seattle. Small print says "valid only within 15 miles of 98516" and I'm assuming 98516 must be a Seattle zip code. Then the cleaning person called to ask for $25 extra to travel 70 miles. Why is Groupon sending me offers when I live 70 miles away from 98516? Groupon knows my zip code, and they know I would have to pay extra. I live in a major city, and there are hundreds of cleaning services in Seattle. Then when I try to get a refund, the website says I have to cancel within 3 days. It's been 5 days, I finally have the time to cancel, and I'm out $129. I would rate Groupon.com -5 stars (negative [minus] 5 stars) for "SCAM ALERT."

Tip for consumers: Never use Groupon.com for anything. Read all fine print. Expect the worst possible outcome. Groupon.com = Murphy's Law.

jasminer12
11/11/14

THEY ARE THIEFS!!!!!! I tried ordering movie tickets to studio movie grill and they had a supposed deal where if you referred friends you're movie tickets would all be 4 dollars. I referred the friends and they never gave me the discount on the tickets. I then tried changing my order to more tickets and instead it refunded the whole thing even though I never asked for that. Then when I tried purchasing them again it didn't let me. I emailed them letting them know what happened and what I needed and they emailed back saying I needed to email them back some information before the groupon expired and I did. They didn't reply until a week later saying they couldn't give me the groupons because they had expired even though they were the ones at fault for not processing the order before... then I tried buying the tickets again through the site but they were more expensive. They marked one of my tickets as refunded and they refunded me NOTHING to my bank account!!!! I have emailed them about twenty times regarding this and they always respond with the same thing. Its as if they just forward the email and sign it with another name to pretend its someone else talking to you. The last time they emailed they tried saying the reason why my purchase didn't go through was because you couldn't buy more than one movie ticket not even more as gifts and that it said so in the fine print. Well I checked the fine print and the q&a section and turns out you CAN buy up to 10 movie tickets at a time. They were just trying to fool me. I emailed them back letting them know this and emailed pictures as well and asked for my money they never returned. What did they do? They took away my groupon movie tickets that I already had and they refunded that money back but they didn't refund what they owed me that they had never returned. WHAT THE HELL IS THERE PROBLEM?????? I never asked them to do that!!!!!! They have not contacted me back and I've sent about 30-40 emails in regards of everything and they only email back when they freaking feel like it.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE GROUPON!!!!!!!!

crystalg11
11/11/14

I have ordered hotel rooms, restaurant vouchers, and even goods from the website. So far I have not had any issues. If you read the side print and go into detail about the product. It usually tells you details that you should read before. Such as extra charges or so on.

Tip for consumers: Read the details about the purchase you are about to make.

megh62
11/10/14

I purchsed a groupon last year and was very excited to use it. I live in Boston, so it is not hard to get up there, however from the beginning this has been a horrendous experience! First, when I went to book a date, all the dates were sold out! Then when I contacted groupon asking for a groupon credit, they said no, even though there was no way I could use it, as it is seasonal and closes in March. I fought with Groupon, and then tried to book again in November directly with Hotel Du Glace for the current season, now that they have opened back up. However, as they said my groupon is expired, they will only accept the amount I paid( about $279) the catch however is the ONLY option is not cash value, maybe to buy gifts etc. but a 1 night stay which can ONLY Be booked at a M-Thurs rate of $398. The catch is it is only double occupancy, and if I go alone, it is still $398. SO there is NO way to use this groupon without spending even more for a deplorable customer service experience with both Groupon and Hotel Du Glace. I strongly caution against using either company.

kr1629
11/6/14

I selected to buy the more expensive hotel room option because the ad stated it was for two adults and up to three children. However, when I called Marriott directly to confirm room choices, they informed me I would have to pay another $20/night for a roll-away bed. The room does not actually sleep five as advertised. This, to me, is false advertising. I will not buy a hotel Groupon again.

Tip for consumers: Be very very careful and don't expect much.

ruths23
11/4/14

Will NEVER order from Groupon again. Received 1 of a 2-item offer, making the price the full retail. Was told by customer service, in India, that they had run out of inventory. I didn't fall for that one!

Why did they send the incomplete order in the first place? The invoice had no indication that the order was short. It was confusing, so I went back to the offer to make sure that I had not ordered incorrectly. When I offered to keep one item for a credit to my credit card for the supposed OUT OF STOCK ITEM, I was told that they could only offer me a Groupon Credit. Would I ever order from them again? NO! So they would get to keep my money after all! What scammers. BEWARE!

ajayk3
11/4/14

Placed an order on 26th Sept 2014, not received it yet. But they say it was delivered on 7th Oct 2014. Following it up for more than a month now, no result till date. worst customer care, be it email or call. The courier company from which the courier was sent has no customer support no or email id to trace the courier.

Tip for consumers: Never buy any product from groupon which needs to be shipped.

jackolynb
11/2/14

Icky experience: Groupon for Dairy Queen at Tyrone Sq, St Petersburg, FL.
This DQ was located inside a shopping mall (1 location only so mgmt/owner had to initiate this groupon offer). Groupon offer was to pay $11 in advance for 4 $5 coupons for DQ food. When we arrived at DQ we were 3 adults, 1 child. I had accessed the DQ menu link on the Groupon offer, so we were set to have light lunch, drinks & small desserts. This DQ does NOT have most DQ menu items shown on the Groupon link: no burgers, no fries, no $5 lunches including small dessert, no kids menu. We ordered from their very limited menu (total $21.36) and the owner told me I owed $16.36 - we would have to present 3 more of the Groupon vouchers to have $5 each credit. It would have been easy for him to simply ask if we'd like to use up all of our $5 per person (they come in $20 increments) but he told us it was only 1 per person per visit. It was getting embarrassing with my family. I was pretty floored but he then explained that I could present 3 more certificates (iPhone) to redeem. The food was honestly awful: there is nowhere to eat nearby except a playground for tiny kids offered by the mall. Surprise!...lunch in Pre-School (although the kids were really cute). I think this is an awful example of a good Groupon offer gone bad and this location shouldn't be included in the Groupon program. I haven't had an experience like this before: where I live Dairy Queen is awesome and I thought it was cool to see them with a coupon here. Not so much, never again. Big DQ/Groupon branding error.

Tip for consumers: I've never worried much about the fine print because it's been fair before. In this case, you should.

cherylm30
11/1/14

Please read my recent complaint about Mezzo's which I sent Aug. 20th and am now just receiving their response.
First they should learn how to spell as they are very illiterate and stating that it is my loss not going back there is downright disgusting for a business to say to a regular customer.
What king of business responds to a legitimate complaint in that manner.
I have patronized this establishment for at least 7 years. VERY DISGUSTING REPLY

Tip for consumers: Daniel is the best server there but the woman serving lunch on Tuesday needs some grooming in customer relations.

alexandern13
10/29/14

Horrible, awful experience with Group on for me. My wife, as part of a birthday gift, gave me a group on coupon so that I could tint my windows at a local shop. It was past the expiration date, but the Group on policy on the front of the print out is "the amount paid for this voucher with (store name) NEVER EXPIRES".
I figured it wasn't fair to get the $200 value, since it was past due. However, I fully expected the business or Group on to at least honor the $100 that was already charged on my wife's credit card months ago.
The business didn't honor a cent (who can blame them, there is nothing in it for them). They told me to call Group on & I'll either get the $100 back or at the very least, a credit towards another group on offer.
I called customer service, & I received neither; the woman also sounded like she just woke up & had the attitude of disgruntled office temp. I told her that I will NEVER use group on again, or anyone in my family, or circle of friends.
The sad thing is that group on's shtick is that you can get great deals while supporting local businesses as well. They don't mention that they have a cold, draconian customer service policy in a day & age when there is so much competition.
Good bye group on; I hardly knew you.

By the way, this is completely out of character for me; I'm not some angry internet troll & I am quite mild mannered. It takes a lot to tick me off; No other internet service has come close to drawing my ire like Group On has. They did a bang up job in that department.

Tip for consumers: Unfortunately, there is no zero rating; if not, all of the "1's" would be zeros.

davep48
10/28/14

Never use this site. As an information security professional I can see so many loopholes in the website it makes me cringe.

I had one moment of weakness and bought something and fell foul of the accidental double click - duplicate order. A good website should not allow this to happen.

Did support help - no told me to send the stuff back which would have cost to me.

Websites should not be allowed to work with dodgy front end web pages and PCI/ISO27001 guidance should stop them from misusing your data and allowing double clicking/duplicate orders. It's just laziness that stops them from fixing this, it would have a small development cost for a big effect for the customer.

So simply put - if you value security on your transaction - don't use this site..

Anyone else had duplicate order syndrome with this com[any?

Tip for consumers: Don't use the site if you value card security and website and company integrity

juliaa13
10/27/14

worst customer service ever! they sold me a product that was wrongly advertised, it was then a HUGE muck around to get my money back! the whole process involved them making 6 mistakes - I've never had such a bad experience as a customer and would never trust this company again. I can't wait to see them go bankrupt, which won't be far away if this is how they treat customers! you can't get away with that kindof behaviour in Oz

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE - THEY ARE SCAMMERS!

marioo5
10/26/14

They offered a deal on refurbished cell phones with free service from FreedomPop. It's been weeks and the order has not been fulfiled yet. The best answer I can get from their service department is:
"
I'm so sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately, your order has been delayed and we don't currently have any updates on the expected delivery of your product. We are still working with the business to resolve these issues, but at this point we're unable to provide a time frame for the arrival of your shipment.
"
I bought this as a gift for my teenage son. Why do these companies play with other people's money??

yllenm
10/23/14

It has now been 45 days and no labels customer service keeps saying "a few more days" what kind of service does this company have to keep saying that to a client. Never again and I will be telling all the moms and mommy groups to not buy from this company.

laurad43
10/23/14

There is no accountability for product. I ordered a set of 1000 TC sheets, received them and in less than a month, the corner seams literally shredded. I asked them for the information for the supplying company to allow them the opportunity to replace/refund the product and was actively REFUSED the information! They wouldn't even allow me the courtesy of contacting the vendor so they could know the product was defective.

Each email I received was a simple regurgitation of the '14 day return policy'. So, essentially, even though the product was defective (I'd be happy with a replacement) they refuse to do anything except shut me down.

TERRIBLE SERVICE.

Tip for consumers: Don't

yazk1
10/22/14

I wouldn't even give them a star. They are terrible scammers. I ordered a ring from them, and they gave me a completely different ring. When I sent them an email, it took them a long time to get back to me, and when they did, they pretty much apologized saying I just viewed it differently, and that it was what was advertised. And so I spoke to another person. This person told me that they weren't offering exchanges at the time. Uhhmm it shouldn't be an exchange it was most definitely not my fault. They sent me the wrong purchase. The first picture is the ring I got, the second is the ring I thought I purchased. I refuse to pay shipping on this when I didn't order this crappy ring. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and now I'm still waiting for an answer. Ridiculous.

guillermoq
10/21/14

I did deals for my business with Amazon before - SMOOTH AS SILK. This company called me because they saw my ad on Amazon so I gave them a try. Very slick during the sale, but after that CRICKETS! And my payment was supposed to be 50% of each deal but ended up being 30%! I tried reaching my sales guy and customer care - to this day - - - NOTHING.

Tip for consumers: Use Amazon Local instead - it works great and they know how to do this.

robertclaytonhenryr
10/17/14

I am so dissapointed with groupon i have ordered three items and it has been over three weeks and don't even have a tracking number. They are misleading and scammers not happy. When it comes to customer service..Ha!! What customer service, there is none!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DONT DO IT

novaa
10/16/14

Customer Service is bad! It's either they are not trained very well or their system is ancient.

I ordered 2 boxes of Thyro-Slim. When I checked my order online, it seems like they will be shipping my order separately because I am able to track each item separately. When I click on the tracking #, they are both the same. So fine, I expected 1 package which should includes 2 boxes.

When I got the package - I only got 1 and when I checked online both quantities were marked delivered. So I emailed customer service. Guess what they replied to me - they said they cannot do anything anymore since tracking says shipped. OMG! I almost fell out of my chair. I replied back saying how come since I only got 1 - where is the other one. Clearly they made a mistake. What happens next almost killed me. I emailed them back and got replies from 3 different persons but the with the same content:

Hi Nova,

I'm really sorry about the trouble, and I'm trying to find a solution as soon as possible. I'll be sure to update you within the next few days with any progress (and hopefully some good news).

If you need anything in the meantime, please let me know.

Oh no! I replied to the 3 emails and I attached the packaging and the packing slip. Problem is very simple. I ordered two. You shipped me 1, then just let me know when the other one will ship. Until now - I have not heard from them.

If only they understand their system, it would be easy to check the order - how many I ordered. How many was shipped, what is the tracking #. Clearly, they will see that they intended to ship me 2 packages but they only sent me 1 but they put the same tracking # on both. So it appeared that both were shipped. I can't even call them.

belindag1
10/14/14

I ordered a digital body analyzer scale from groupon on September 15 and was promised delivery within 12 days... it is now October 14 and I still have no idea where my scale is and calling customer service is useless... I have been on hold for 42 minutes as of now only for them to be useless. I hope people realize that groupon is a scam for the most part and highly recommend NOT using them. They still have my money and my product and as far as I am concerned that is theft and or fraud... I have logged a complaint with the consumers bureau and highly suggest anyone and everyone who feels that they received the same treatment and dishonesty as me do the same.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM GROUPON... SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY FROM A LEGIT SITE LIKE AMAZON... GROUPON IS A SCAM.... THEY WILL NOT FULFILL YOUR ORDER BUT WILL KEEP YOUR MONEY SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND DON'T ORDER FROM GROUPON... AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN THIEVES AND SCAM ARTISTS

rinkus
10/11/14

Hi,,

I am Rinku.I bought product from Grupon.SUCH A WORST SERVICE.WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING FURTHER.

They are very very irresponsible .they never deliver your product on time. Dont ever contact you if any address out of delivery area.I contacted so many times ,courier service say without my permission they returned product to grupon and grupon says product didnt receive yet.it already a month.Frustated now by calling calling and calling. will never buy anything from grupon also recommend peoples not to use this portal.

Tip for consumers: Grupon would never deliver your product on time .Dont use this portal.

belindat1
10/10/14

I ordered some pillows for a friend who hasn't a groupon account, they say they were delivered by Hermes which isn't so as my friend was in work, she has asked all her neighbours and they haven't signed for them, Hermes won't deal with me say its up to groupon to contact them and groupon are saying as it was delivered they can't give me a refund, but they can't or won't give me the proof, so frustrating I will never order anything with them again and it will be my mission to tell everyone about their tactics

Tip for consumers: Don't

bruces43

AWFUL!!

I am a new volunteer in Search and Rescue. I had to order camping equipment in a hurry. Of the 250.00 I've ordered over 2.5 weeks later only 80.00 has arrived. No email information and the tracking information and order update on 2 backpacks and one portable air cushion.

I sent an email on day 10 and they said to email back if the items never arrived. I did, including emails via their website. I've heard nothing back from them since. I'll give their customer service a go but think I'll get better resolution through my bank disputing the charges.

BEWARE GROUPON!

Tip for consumers: DON'T.

adamk48
10/7/14

On September 29, I purchased four Ringling Bros. circus tickets from Groupon for the total of $176.00 USD. There were four different ticket options – Loge/Club/Balcony, Floor Seating, Front Row Seating, and Circus Celebrity Seating. I chose the floor seating.

After four days, I finally got confirmation that the transaction had gone through. Note that they didn’t actually send me any kind of confirmation like you would think they would do. Instead, I had to keep checking back in on my Groupon account to see what the status was.

Upon checking the status after 4 days, I realized that the tickets they gave me were not the tickets that I ordered. They gave me Loge seats, the least expensive tickets of the four choices, but still charged me the floor seating price.

On Friday, October 3, I called to bring this error to their attention. After waiting in their phone queue for 40+ minutes, they finally answered the phone. The customer service operator I spoke with told me that there was clearly an error made, but he would have to forward it to someone else because they were just about to close. He said that I would hear from someone by the following Monday because it takes 24 business hours for them to respond.

On Monday, October 6, I had not heard from anyone so I called them back. After waiting on hold for 40+ minutes once again, someone finally picked up the phone and said that the other operator was incorrect and that it takes 72 business hours for a response and that I would have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday.

On Tuesday, October 7, I received an email from a Groupon representative saying that the tickets I received were correct (even though they clearly weren’t since I ordered floor seating and didn’t get floor seating).

After work on October 7, I called them for an explanation about the email I received. After waiting 30+ minutes this time, an operator finally picked up and told me that the person who sent me the email made the final decision and that if I still had question, I would need to email her back. I explained to the operator that I was tired of having to keep call them back and that if they weren’t willing to resolve the issue now, I would dispute the charge with my bank.

During this call, I can hear the operator typing away on her keyboard – apparently in an instant message with a manager. She finally comes back and says that the tickets I ordered “do not exist” and that they made an error on their web site. And even after admitting that they sold me a product that does not exist and that they made the error, they were still not willing to do anything to make up for the trouble it caused.

The operator then continues to type away on an instant message with several managers (as she explained to me) and said that they could make a one-time exception and refund the money I paid back to my Groupon account as a credit. I explained to her that this entire experience has been nothing but a headache and that a credit on my Groupon account would be worthless because I never intend to buy from Groupon again after this terrible experience. I then asked her if they can refund it to the credit card that I paid with. She responds to my question with a question asking “would you like it back to your credit card?” (Really? I just told you I do. Why are you asking me back?) I told her yes and once again she continues typing away with her manager over an instant message. She comes back saying that they can make a one-time exception and refund it to my credit card.

You’ll also note that during this entire call (and my previous calls to Groupon about this issue), not one person offered their apology for the mix up. It was very clearly their mistake, and they even admitted to it, yet nobody was willing to take responsibility for it.

After this ordeal, I did a search online for “Groupon reviews” and the results are astounding – nothing but complaints everywhere. There is even an entire Facebook page dedicated to complaints about Groupon. It’s no wonder why there are so many complaints. I only wish I had researched this before making this purchase. That is one mistake I’ll never make again.

As for Groupon, I have no desire to buy from them again. I don’t care if I need a rare blood transfusion and they’re selling a match for $1. I’d rather die than have to deal with their “customer service” (if you can even call it that).

Tip for consumers: Unless you enjoy spending hours on the phone with terrible customer service agents and being fed a bunch of lies where they try to string you along towards a resolution that will never happen, do not buy from Groupon. If I could give them a negative rating, I would.

ernestp2
10/7/14

Called groupon regarding an issue with a purchase and it took me 30 minutes to speak with someone to help. Finally when I reached someone they said they could not assist me. NOT HAPPY with GROUPONS customer service its going downhill. I was on hold for 30 minutes and spoke with the representative for maybe 2 minutes before they said they couldnt help.

Tip for consumers: Hope you dont have to call them, be ready to wait a long time!!

meganj6
10/7/14

I ordered from these guys a 2 pack of clarisonic brushes. My order took 3-4 weeks to actually get here, and the brushes didn't even fit or work right. I got all ready to return it, and the return label option didn't show up on the website, so I called them. I waited for about 25 minutes for them to just tell me that I can't return them or exchange them. So I basically wasted 16 bucks on something I have no use for. I'm very unsatisfied, and I paid 16 bucks to learn that these guys are not good to buy from. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS.

akashg
10/7/14

PATHETICCC.... groupon is the worlds most F**kALL site.. they are scamming people.. their distribution network is extremly pathetic. they never refund your money and take you for a ride with a stupid excuse "our servers were down" "our net wasnt working" "our office dog ate the computer wires" thats how lame they are... screw you groupon and your services... i hope someday a better company will buy you off for peanuts and take a $#*! on your agreement papers...

Tip for consumers: DONT BUY FROM THIS SITE IF YOU HAVE'NT SEEN GOD....

lynnseyr
10/6/14

I've order from Groupon a lot within this year and I'm terrified to ever order anything from them again! I ordered an iPhone screen protector that cost $10 and I never received it. I thought no big deal! I'll just call their customer service and get my money back. Not so simple. The customer service agent tracked the package and advised me that the item says it was delivered. This wasn't news to be as this delivery status was what prompted me to call. I told the agent that I hadn't received the package but the agent said there was nothing they could do unless I reached out to USPS first. I thought this was a ridiculous request considering the cost of the item, again being $10. I received an email from that agent to reiterate these instructions and reply when finished. I contacted the Post Office and they, as I expected, saw no additional tracking information other than what was included in the tracking already. I opened a "case research" request. I never heard back about my package so I emailed Groupon back and provided the case research request number and insisted that I have a refund to my original method of payment as I no longer wanted the item due to the hassle involved. I received an email from another agent that indicated money would be refunded as Groupon Bucks and this is the only time that I'd be refunded for this reason. So, if I order an item and the package is lost, stolen, or just never delivered by USPS for whatever reason, I will not be receiving a refund. How does this responsibility fall back on a consumer? Why isn't there any insurance on these packages to protect the company from these issues? I've worked with companies that ship goods and the company would research these issues with the delivery company and never expect the customer to. All packages should be "signature required" if the consumer is responsible for its delivery. I will never order a package that requires delivery ever again unless Groupon does something more to resolve this in the future.

priyat1
10/6/14

Groupon India is the best...love to buy stuff here...both products and services! Customer service is superb.

happyk
10/5/14

Never buy anything from Groupon! I bought a swiss-made watch for $119.99 and awaited over one month for fulfilment (that's what it showed on order status). I thought they might run out of stock temperately. Then I saw the item was on Groupon again with a raised price of $129.99. I was glad and believed they had more in stock now. But after several days nothing happened. So I emailed them to check the order status. The second day when I signed in my account I found my order was completedly wiped out without any record. I received an email notice that my order was cancelled and they were processing refund. They claimed this was due to an unexpected inventory shortage or a complication with the shipment while in transit. I replied that neither excuse made any sense. If the merchant had no more, the item shouldn't be on Groupon now and if something happened during shipment, they should deal with the carrier and reship the item. Refunding didn't mean everything. And they shouldn't have wiped out my order from my account. I asked them to let me know if they could fulfil my order but I never received any reply. They did send a customer service survey and I resent the email. No reply either. Then I noticed the two emails I received were from the same email address support@groupon.com. Probably from the same person whose name was Saravanan R. What a joke! And I was so naive that I was even expecting some fairness from them!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
heathers3
A: What does this have to do with groupon.com?
4/25/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon