US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robinr24

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. (in 425 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 84 reviews)

sandrao3

But i just bought a Body Shop groupon 2 weeks ago and it expires on Dec 31st. (in 53 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jenniferg94
1/2/16

Overall a great service but not really speedy in the delivery of the products. concert tix and food are not a problem

danp67
1/2/16

Don't use it often, but once in awhile you get a good deal.

kater63
1/2/16

Placed an order in November expecting delivery for Christmas. Now 2nd January and item still hasn't turned up. No response to emails. Can't get through on phone. Will never be using again!! Avoid at all costs.

kayleighh1
1/1/16

I ordered a t-shirt on the 30th of November giving it plenty of time to be delivered for Christmas, its now January 1st and the item still hasn't been delivered, can't get in touch with them over the phone due to constant busy lines and being put on hold so being forced to deal with a man over email that keeps stating delivery dates which never seem to arrive, I wouldn't recommend ordering from them unless you just want to throw your money away

jharanas
12/31/15

I am so disappointed, I don't know why it keep saying my emailaddress is not sign up because i saved both my username and password for this website (groupon) in my computer so i don't have to re enter again but when i try to login, it says your email address has not registered. I have more then $30 in my account so they took that money and refused to answer any of my emails... I used to love groupon but NOW !!!! be careful guys they will take your money.

shelleys11
12/31/15

I order all kinds of products, jewelry, dogs, health and beauty products. It's like getting gifts regularly

taray2
12/31/15

Supposedly my purchased coupons could be redeemed AFTER I JOIN A CLASS ACTION.

Give me a break.

kathyu3
12/31/15

I purchased a jewelry box on December 7th through groupon and its now December 31 and my jewelry box has not been shipped. I asked groupon for refund to my credit card and they offered to give me a credit towards my next groupon. If they can't help their customers then they will end up losing tons of future customers. Not cool at all GROUPON you suck!

seraphinae
12/31/15

I submitted two orders towards the beginning of December. Usually when I do this one gets to me before the other, so I wanted to see if I could get lucky and get one of them to me before the 7-10 days. It's been 3 weeks and neither of my orders have even been processed. They each have a tracking number, but there aren't even any packages to go with them. Seriously the worst experience I've had with an online retailer.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use it.

anupk3

Exciting shopping for coupan

dong56

Great

kaycih
12/30/15

I ordered Beat Mixrs on December 21st and they came in today; December 29th in the original boxing and were in new condition as well! I will be using this company again and I'm very satisfied, thank you so much Groupon!

joannet12
12/30/15

I am not too fond of Groupon. Usually the things they offer are way overpriced anyway and with the Groupon you aren't really getting a deal .... just a more competitive price.

lua79
12/30/15

I attempted to purchase a refurbished laptop from groupon. they sent me several emails saying that the transaction didn't process and the purchase did not go thru. based on this, i made other purchases. THREE DAYS after the attempted purchase, i checked my bank account to find that the charge HAD been put thru and that it was overdrafting my bank account. I spent another THREE DAYS trying to get my money back and my bank refusing to file a dispute over the charge! DO NOT BUY FROM GROUPON!!!

annel56
12/30/15

Purchased iron ,didnt work ,i told them i had no collect + in my area and asked them if there was another option of sending it back ,they said no ,so basically id have to send it back by post which was going to cost me €36 ,ended up throwing it in the bin ,not worth the hassle ,stay well away from them .

emmah50
12/30/15

I ordered a watch as a Christmas present. I gave plenty of time, ordering it way before Christmas. I had even ordered a pair of boxers after this which arrived. I have still not received my watch 4 weeks down the line. I tried ringing the customer service line a few days after the 7 working day delivery date. Even the number wasn't easy to find! The person on the phone told me I would definitely receive my watch before Christmas. I have rung again today and am still on the phone 10 minutes later, haven't even spoken to someone yet.. not impressed!

aaabbbym
12/30/15

Went on the groupon South Africa site looking for buah getaways for me and my family and i came across the Getaways Farms deal which really was tempting ,a buffet and a game drive which is what we just wanted.We went to the Getaway farms i have no words to describe what we saw it was a horrible place,the buffet was wasnt even a buffet but a one plate served meal with tasteless food ,no desert,a tractor is what carried us into the so called game .The manager Tanya was so rude.
Groupon should stop advertising some usless struggling businesses on their site,which makes someone wonder what groupon is all about.buy deals from groupon and you will lose a whole lot more than just money

hollym30
12/29/15

I purchased 10k rope3.5m-24 : Mens Solid 10kt Gold 3.2mm 24" Rope chain from Groupon for close to $300. I purchased it on October 2nd and received it on October 20th. It was for a Christmas gift. I gave it to him on Christmas and the item is already falling apart. I contacted Groupon and they will not do anything as it is outside of the 14 day return period. If a company won't guarantee the quality of an item outside of 14 days that should be the first red flag. I am on the phone with my credit card company trying to dispute the charge but I don't know what luck I will have. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. They won't stand behind their crappy items. -Holly

alyxandriap
12/29/15

When it comes to activities is great, the goods are hit or miss. You need to make sure that you read very carefully and check sizes. Everything looks bigger on there. It also takes FOREVER to ship the items.

sandrao3
12/29/15

I have no problem with Groupon in general. actually everything i have bought from them has been great. But i just bought a Body Shop groupon 2 weeks ago and it expires on Dec 31st. I thought it was a great deal---buy it for $15 but get $30. But when i went shopping there right before Christmas and on Boxing Day, the deals that the store had were even better than the groupon's 50% savings. and, i wasn't allowed use the groupon on any of the gift sets or sale items, so i ended up buying something that i actually didn't want to because i wanted to use it before its expiration. So my advice is to buy this groupon only if it is not during the Christmas season when The Body Shop already has amazing deals.

ethanf8
12/29/15

Deals offer by Groupon are amazing. Many times I availed their deals. I would love to have more.

lindal153

No problems

ronac
12/29/15

I bought something on Dec. 6th thinking it would be a great xmas gift. well it is now Dec. 29ths and I still don't have it and I still have no response from my many emails that I have sent about it. No response whatsoever.

ronb53
12/28/15

I have found a FEW room rates that saved us some dollars. This past year there were a couple that we found and liked very much. I had to do some work to find the deals and then purchase them so it would have been much easier to just book them straight with the business. On the NEGATIVE side I purchased a couple of services that just did NOT work out. One business wanted to charge me a lot more so I did not use the coupon and it seems that Groupon is keeping my money. This is not the way to keep your customers happy and is far from my expectations. Be very careful when dealing with Groupon and be sure to read all of the disclaimers and links, then keep copies of these documents. If it does not work out expect that you will not have a recourse and they will make the decision not to refund your money. Making a purchase for a room within a few days may work in your benefit and I may try it again.

phylise
12/28/15

I went to the site of Groupon and what wonderful deals . I place a large order, got ready to check out and was informed of the sad news that they don't ship to Alaska. Now in the part that I live in we don't pay sales tax and the things were cheap and things I remember from my mom using with them still lasting today. Well guess I have to move back to the lower 48 if I want Groupon to ship to me. Enjoy for I know I would have. Happy Days in 2016

cathyb34
12/28/15

Very reliable website. Customer service very helpful.

isaacb30
12/27/15

Groupon has really gone down hill! There order descriptions are very misleading. Customer service is very hard to communicate with. Once I finally received a response from them a $5 discount was to be placed on my account. It never was.
I made a purchase on Dec. 12th, 2015. It has been over two weeks and I still have not received my item. According to the tracking information, I will have to wait another week.

I do not recommend making a purchase from Groupon!!

ozlemk1
12/26/15

You have to read every small detail in the coupon like if you are a lawyer! What is this, a different kind of a fraud?
I paid for this but i cannot get benefit from the promotion, i cannot get my money back either.
The problem is that it is not redeemed. How can you know that it can expire BEFORE the date of the event? it is crazy.
I will not recommend Groupon to anyone, for sure!
Go with the real deals, not the ones hided between sentences in small letters. What a shame.

daled19
12/25/15

Ordered a laptop on 12/11, had delivery within 7-11 days, as of today still have not received. Groupon keeps sending tracking number but problem with this is I live in Tennessee, the package is headed to California. Customer service both in person and by email has been no help. Not sure if I will purchase future items with this problem I am having with no help from Groupon.

robinw25
12/24/15

Sometimes the restaurants go out of Groupon service and then u can't use your Groupon with them, often seems to happen with my favorite places. There are too many rules or regulations to follow. You might go to use it and the restaurant might say it's only for an appetizer or a full meal or during a certain time or day - too much hassle. If they got out those kinks up front when people buy Groupon, and not after, it would be better to use.

annn23
12/24/15

I bought two sets of Christmas lights from Touch of Eco in September. I but them up in December and they worked for a few days then died.
Since it was beyond the return time they won't do anything about this. Two sets both don't work.

markp116
12/24/15

I love coming here and seeing all of the deals.

justint42
1,305 helpful votes
12/24/15

Ordered online - got a great deal. Shipping time was decent and product was as described. They didn't go out of there way for anything, but wasn't expecting them to either. Very Happy with purchase.

angelinea2

Good deals

kjs2
12/23/15

The items purchase from this site have been of very low quality

samantaj1

love it!

janiceh23
12/23/15

I've never had a good experience using Groupon. Each time I've tried there were so many restrictions on the purchase that I never even bothered using it.

My husband has a business and when he looked into how they are set up, it is crazy. Groupon takes like 50% of the money transaction leaving nothing for the merchant. When you factor in that those who shop with Groupon are only bargain buyers, they think those deals should always apply at the stores. Makes for an non-healthy business concept.

marya338
12/22/15

Have only had limited experience with groupon in the restaurant area for one half off coupons and once it was a bonafide half off excellent experience and another time the advertiser put limitations on the times and dates they did not have stated in the initial details, but this was not the fault of groupon and I didn't even think to report them.

thomasm144
12/22/15

I've shopped on Groupon quite a bit and lately they seem less and less particular about their products. If you're looking for haircuts, massages, personalized items, photography, or the occasional $15 for $30 coupon Groupon is pretty good.

When it comes to actual products like electronics or toys you can find WAY better deals on Amazon or Ebay.

I'm not saying Groupon is bad, just buying products from them is bad. Most of the services you find on Groupon are EXCELLENT deals.

dominiquer6
12/22/15

I bought my boyfriend a very nice watch from Groupon for Christmas. I was so excited, but when I opened up my package it was some cheap watch case. My invoice said some Brittain Hill and shipped to me. I called Groupon expecting them to fix it. Maybe not on time which sucked, but ok. NO, the want me to ship what I got back, and then refund my money. Only the refund wasn't until they got the product that was shipped to me by mistake. So not only is it three days away from Christmas, and I have no gift. I also am shorted out the money I was able to spend on him.

seludrag
12/22/15

I ordered a cream for elbows, armpits for lightening & whitening the skin. Groupon falsely advertised the cream, it is only a moisturizer for dry elbow. I won't purchase products from them.

fatimal3
12/22/15

Looked beautiful on picture terrible quality
The worst i have ever bought , rough see through material even with condition in wash , never again
The price was as cheap as argos so i wont bother

huww1
12/22/15

I purchased an I pad through groupon which came without a plug!
When it emailed them (since this is the only way to contact them) I gave them my mobile number to call, in the e mail, as they requested it. I got the automated e mail response, but then nothing. No call and no further e mail as promised, I therefore emailed them again and again received the 24 hrs e mail response , I only had requested a plug to be sent to me.
After the fourth very frustrating e mail I received an e mail saying they have sent a plug and then promotely received a foreign adapter plug which was of no use whatsoever.
They have still failed to address the issue despite another e mail!!!

cathybh
12/21/15

Groupon sucks, I bought an iPhone and it stopped charging after 4 months and they won't fix it or return it.

dianeg17
12/21/15

You can find a deal for anything on Groupon.

alexo23
12/21/15

There are websites that allow users to post coupons so other people can use them. These websites such as retailmenot and groupon allow you to use multiple use online and instore promo codes or sales. Everytime I buy something online or even when I go to the mall or something I make sure to look up a promo code. Such as when I ordered a new pair of shoes Kyrie 1 Double Nickels In case you were wondering I used groupon and got a discount. I Love Groupon and RetailMeNot I would give them a 10/10.

SHORT REVIEW: Use This If You Want A Coupon & Get A Good Deal Works For Almost Any Store.

jakej22
12/21/15

Have used and worked out as described, and expected.

zacks20
12/21/15

I have bought a lot of stuff off of groupon over the past few years and they have good discounts on all things. You need to find what your looking for and sometimes you can also use a Promo code which can get you extra savings. If you have a problem with a merchant and want your money back than just contact customer service and they will help you. I have never had a problem getting my money back.

damarisd
12/21/15

He comprado un montón de cupones y productos en la pagina y en general estoy contenta. Con los cupones de servicios no he tenido problemas, excepto mi ultima compra de una limpieza dental en la clinica CLIDEENTAL, Madrid, Sainz de Baranda, que no me han hecho todo lo que prometia el cupon que sería. En cuanto a los productos, pues he aprendido que no porque se vendan en Groupon son de calidad, he comprado, entre otras, un juego de sartenes Santa Clara (si no recuerdo mal) y se me rompió el mango de una de ellas después de usarla 2 veces y la única solución que se me ofreció fue devolverlas todas y la devolución del dinero, cuando me habría gustado que me la cambien o que me manden otro juego y poder devolver el roto. Pero si, en general recomiendo la pagina, solo que hay que informarse sobre las marcas, cuando de productos se trate, y cuando de servicios, pedir que se cumpla con lo prometido en los cupones. Seria bueno que se puedan valorar todos los productos y servicios adquiridos y también, quizás, llevar un control de calidad, poner unos estándares de cumplimiento de los servicios...

bobl63
12/21/15

ordered case of wine, did not receive, I was then told I had been refunded
which was not the case, they told me to contact the merchant, got no response
Their staff seem particularly inept
I have written to their managing director
I would not recommend them or use again

59 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 days ago
Answer
melanier16
A: The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!
1 day ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
1 week ago
Answer
robinj10
A: The art courses I took were very real.
10 hours ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon