US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robinr24

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. (in 330 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 67 reviews)

debbiee3

Just got back from a vacation 2 weeks ago where we bought the hotel room with a groupon. (in 43 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

billb111
3/31/15

Just started using these guys and found them to be very good

mjt1
3/30/15

We use Groupon to buy a new experience (restaurant, service, etc) at a discount to see if we like it. I check in often (cia them emails that Groupon sends) to see of new things to do.

Have tried new restaurants, gone to concerts, oil change, nails done...

davids306
3/30/15

They were great before but have gotten lazier with their offer huntings. Quite mediocre off-late.

stacik1
3/30/15

I have been working with a Customer Service rep (Bharat Sabnani) that is not assisting me very well. I have asked to speak with a supervisor and my requests are being ignored. There has to be someone else I can escalate this to. It is in regards to a Double Wide Detox Stomach Wrap that took almost a month to deliver and when it was delivered the wrong size was sent. I am now getting the run around and my requests/emails are being ignored all together. I can not believe I'm being treated so badly over a twenty dollar item. I placed the order correctly; I waited patiently far longer than I should have, there should be no reason why I can't get a refund for the item.

Tip for consumers: Just don't

laurap48
3/29/15

Have order a couple of times from Groupon and have been very happy as you always good a lot for your money.

sunnyr6
3/28/15

Bad Experience

maryanng3
3/27/15

It took multiple emails and opening a dispute with PayPal to get my order from Roos Remnants. While the tumblers are cute, the stickers will never stand up to washing.

heidir9
3/26/15

I have always had a good experience with groupon and have used it many times. I never felt ripped off and the terms are clear.

stephenh66
3/26/15

I have been trying for almost 3 weeks to find out how to post reviews for items I purchased on their site. They keep telling me that they will send me out a link to due that and still have never got one. Finally they told me to just tell them my review and they'll post it as me. I think their reviews are fake for the supposed great products they sell since after all my purchases and emails I have never once been allowed to comment on anything I bought.

Tip for consumers: Look elsewhere for real product reviews and better prices before you decide to buy on Groupon.

giovannip6
3/26/15

I am disappointed with Groupon. Bought a photography course. It was difficult to book and then staged in a basement with 10 other crammed people. Not what I had paid for. They should make sure the services have booking availability

jayeb1
3/25/15

Do not purchase undergarments from Groupon. First off, it took exactly 11 days to receive my delivery from the state that's right next door to my home state. Then, after receiving the package I noticed all of the garments were different sizes. I called to exchanged and was told no..therefore I'm stuck with six undergarments all different sizes. Just remember when you order from Groupon at their cheap low prices..you are getting what you pay for. Please go to Amazong..better quality and better customer service.

Tip for consumers: Photo of undergarments uploaded under Photo Tab.

maricelr
3/23/15

not great quality items

nikkir14
3/23/15

Never use this site. I did order my bean bag 14 days ago and still chasing for the delivery. When asked the customer service on 10th day they said, I ll get my order in a day or 2. now its 3rd day. When tracked my order on shipping website Fedex, It says "your order has not been shipped yet"

I dont know when i ll get my order. even m afraid I ll get it or not.

Again I asked the customer service and they said mam we are still working on the issue which has been said 4 days ago as well.

Crap service.. dont wanna give a single star.

Malik Mohiuddin, Mar 23, 18:11:
Appreciate your patience,
As per your mail regarding the query, we would like to inform you that, we are working on this issue and will get back to you at the earliest. Kindly co-operate with us.

Malik Mohiuddin, Mar 21, 18:19:
Appreciate your patience,
We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused, We again had a check and got the confirmation that you can expect the product delivered to you in a day or 2.
Apologize for the delay

Malik Mohiuddin, Mar 21, 17:28:
Dear Niki,
Appreciate your patience and understanding,
Your order already got shipped through our Fedex courier service with a tracking number 780380537172. You can expect the order in the next 5-7 days.
Thank you for your purchase!
We are always happy to help!
Thanks for using Groupon!!

Malik Mohiuddin, Mar 20, 14:40:
Malik

Tip for consumers: Do not ever use Groupon.

sandram53
3/22/15

I purchased 4 items using Groupon Goods, my account had my old address so I changed my address both in my settings and at check-out. They ask you at check out to confirm your delivery address and I used my new address. A day later or so I went on-line to check the status of my orders and realized the items were sent to my old address (I haven't lived there for 1 1/2 years). I called Groupon to change my address and you only have a two-hour window to change your delivery address after the purchase, they say that in the confirmation email they send you. Well, I know I changed my address before the purchase and during check out so I honestly didn't check their confirmation email.
During the first call they told me I was going to be reimbursed for all my purchases if I didn't get them and that I could try calling the shipping company once the packages were sent. At this point my packages hadn't been sent yet but still they couldn't change the address. So, I waited another day or two and as soon as they informed me that the packages were sent I called both UPS and FedEx which are the two companies they used to send my packages, but they sent the packages through a special service (I guess the least expensive one and therefore the worse one) that would deliver the packages to the local mail service, so USPS, and then USPS would deliver the packages to me. Because of the way Groupon sent my packages UPS and FedEx were not able to change the delivery address, I called USPS and again because of the way the packages were sent my packages were not eligible for Intercept (a service that allows you to redirect your packages). In any case, after 3 hours with the mailing companies and 4 call to Groupon in a 1-week period you would think Groupon would give me a refund for the purchases I am not going to receive. Well, no they won't. It is their policy that they can only refund one item but because of my troubles they are going to make an exception and refund 2 out of the 4 packages. If I hadn't changed my address I wouldn't be complaining because it would have been my fault. BUT I DID CHANGE MY ADDRESS so as far as I am concern I should get a full refund.
Honestly, there are other companies offering coupons for goods (amazon does a great job for example). After this experience, I am not buying though Groupon EVER again. As soon as I get the refund for my 2 items I am cancelling my account. Now I am paying for two items I am not going to receive, I don't know anyone at the other building and there isn't an office where they keep packages or something like that and on top of it, the building has a new landlord (I knew the old landlord, he was very nice and I know I could have asked him to grab the packages and let me know). So, I am losing the money even though it wasn't my mistake it was theirs.

sherrys31
3/21/15

I have had a nightmare experience with Printerpix. I have worked with them for two months trying to get the product that I paid for. Now I just want to be done and want my money back from them and Groupon. Groupon basically has not helped me at all..for some reason I thought they would since they introduced me to Printerpix.

Tip for consumers: Printerpix is the worst experience please do not use them.

maureent3
3/20/15

I recently bought a $116 Groupon Getaway for a one night stay in Toronto. When I noticed the Visa charge had jumped to $152 I contacted Groupon to ask why the difference. I was told the fine print noted the offer was in US dollars. Note that this particular fine print was not repeated in the order information you have access to once you've purchased the offer. If you missed it up front you don't get a 2nd chance. It turns out the one night cost us more by using a Groupon than if we'd booked through the hotel directly.

nickm59
3/19/15

The site is easy, intuitive, and beautiful! Those big photos of travel hotels lure me in and the newsletters (be it a tad annoying) also notify me of local finds. The site has helpful profiles, links, and great bullet points about the 'important stuff'. Nothing confusing here.

The Groupon Goods are always reliable and high quality.

I've never had a problem getting a return from a Groupon that I had an issue with, or a Groupon that had business closing. Their support is fast and attentive.

abaw
3/18/15

I am pleased with the coupons and deals offered. Highly recommended!

davidb267
3/18/15

Bring more deals on. Eagerly waiting for it!

mohamadn

Worst website ever
Worst customer service
Had to chase them to get my tracking information
Delay in delivery, wont refund you.
Not reliable

stephanier29
3/17/15

Mostly use goods. wish they would ship a bit faster

samz9
3/17/15

Does anyone even use this service anymore? Was a fad that came and went. Businesses make nothing by using Groupon and customers have no loyalty once they've used up their coupon.

orlah8
3/17/15

I find the stuff doesn't arrive in post. Then after alot of time and hassle they offer to resend it but it still does not come weeks later. So what are the chances of that, twice the same item getting lost in post. I suspect they never sent items, maybe they ran out, I don't know and no longer care. would not bother. It is alot of hassle to get refund , they have a track parcel that just tells you order on way but its just luck if it comes really. Would not waste time on them again, the discounts are not enough to make up for the hassle if you come into problems

timothys31
3/16/15

Groupon demands patience from the user. You have to read to on what you are getting. My wife thinks it is great and has found some great deals. I have found some new and exotic restaurants that we would not have experienced. All in all we are satisfied.

ceceliam3
3/16/15

I've lost over $200 by missing the fine print on purchases. Not worth the savings I had on other purchases.

mikes277
3/16/15

Bought many coupons through Groupon. I love them!

bonnieg17
3/15/15

These NON compatible Nespresso capsules nearly permanently damaged my Nespresso machine. They are NOT compatible. Furthermore after many emails and phone calls Groupon has yet to reimburse me. I am still waiting to see if my machine will work properly again. If not I will contact a lawyer and sue for capsules and a Nespresso machine.
As for the coffee company Global Coffee Traders, they too have offered little assistance. They said there hands are tied. Well I am not stopping here. This is totally unacceptable!

Tip for consumers: I have ordered from Groupon in the past but I never will again if this is not handled shortly with a full refund.

rosiel4
3/12/15

Hit or miss

lincolnd7
3/12/15

Made a lot of use of your coupons still do great to see you expanding good luck

mariaa57
3/11/15

i Love the deals they have

maramam
3/11/15

I tried to buy a voucher for 2 for 1 and there was an error online so i kept trying before i knew it i hve bought 5 lots of 2 for 1s straight away i emailed to try to rectify before thy were sent i got an email 2 days later saying thy couldn't do anything because it wasnt my account i replied saying of course its my account then another 2 days pass thy tell me its now been sent so is to late wht a crock of $#*! if thy had done something as soon as i notified them thy could hve rectified it thy mucked around till it was to late thr solution gift the excess over $200 worth and i now hve 10 pairs of pants instead of 2 idiots

zumbafighterc

Always there for me

jacobe6
3/11/15

I use groupon quite regularly and they offer a good source of information on deals and sometimes, you find a gold nugget where there is 90% off something that you can buy then sell on ebay for 100% or more profit!

tomh109
3/10/15

Two years ago Groupon sent out a special deal for Christmas that gave me free money to spend in the future as bonus for any upcoming deals.
Last year I got a similar deal and sent my answer in good time before expiration date; this time Groupon did not even bother to confirm receiving my Email.First after calling them by telephone to get a confirmation from the office clerk that my Email - probably - was received did not help as the operator told me that all of the tickets with free money were gone and unavailable, but the 45th operator told me that I was number 43 of 900 available deals.No body of the operators that I spoke to could help me further and my personal conclusion is that no Christmas present for 2014 was to be received from Groupon.
Apart from this Groupon does not always have the BEST deal for the buck; quite effortlessly I have received the same or lower price at several deals that were announced online through groupon only by showing the price when eating at restaurant to the waiter.

Tip for consumers: Before using any of the coupons try to check with the local store for better price

robertf70
3/10/15

Why would anyone pay full price for anything after knowing about Groupon. I love Groupon and I don't leave home without it!

mahsag
3/9/15

I've bought a laptop from Groupon but it was a junk I returned in on December and they send me an email saying that you package is well received and we are in the process of refunding. Now, after 4 month I ask for my money and they are saying that my package was empty!!!!!
They are lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: never buy anything from Groupon

traceyo2
3/9/15

My recliner couches arrived today and I cannot believe how bad the delivery was.

Advert advised that it would be a white glove two man delivery!!!!! Well it certainly was not.

One man arrived who could barely speak english in a huge lorry and spent 30 minutes trying to get the lifting mechanism on the back of the lorry to work when it did not a slight lady appeared out the lorry to try and help.

When I asked if this was their 1st delivery of the day they said no it was supposed to be the man's day off! How professional and am I suppose to feel bad now that the company has sent him out alone in a vehicle that does not work on his day off.

Clearly the lifting mechanism was not going to work so he proceeded to drop all recliners from a 1 meter height out the back of the lorry and dragged/rolled them from the drive in to the house! Well the state of the boxes is awful! I then watched as he struggled to get the massive 3 seater out the back, which had massive tears in the packaging before it was taken out the lorry. The lady tried to help carry this in but you could see it was too heavy for her and both barely managed to move it.

They could not get this into my house as the box was too big and they would not take the packaging off to try get it in incase they damaged the 3 seater! We discussed taking it back but it was too heavy for him to lift back into the lorry!

The lady called the delivery company for advise and then came back to say this is not their problem but mine! (Of course it is! Why it would it be their problem that the lifting mechanism is broken and he does not have superman strength to lift it back on manually)

So as you may have guessed I now have a a 3 meter box standing outside my front door. To help matters I am a 5ft1 pregnant lady who cannot do any heavy lifting.

Thanks groupon for my two man professional delivery! hope it does not rain while I wait for my husband and his friends to finish work to get here to unpack and check the recliners thoroughly! No doubt they will be damaged (judging by the state of the packaging) and will be coming straight back to you.

nadirahn
3/8/15

I bought Option 1 - Delivery: One Set of Seven "7-Day" Pendants and Necklace Chain on the 5 th January 2015 from your company on the Groupon website. I called Groupon to ask my parcel, they said it was with Singpost. I called Singpost, they said they will return to the Groupon itself because I didn't collect my parcel within a notice period. I called back Groupon, the staff said it depends if there's availability for that item, I can go down to pick up or redelivery.
On the 31 st January 2015, the Groupon staff replied to my email she double checked in their records and can see that my item was returned and the returned product is still in transit and yet to receive at their end. She also mentioned that it may take 2 - 3 weeks for the courier to return the parcel. Their courier partner Xdel who redelivers the item, will get in touch with me within 10 working days. Unfortunately, they didn’t call me or follow up with this matter.
On the 26 th February 2015, I emailed the Groupon. I was frustrated. The parcel was supposed to be given to my friend on her wedding day. I have no choice to rush down to a jewellery shop and get other pendants. They claimed that their courier will get in touch with me within 10 working days but to no avail. I didn't know received any calls. She even mentioned that it may take 2 to 3 weeks for the courier to return the parcel. I was really disappointed with her service. She really do not understand what I want.
On the 27 th January 2015, she replied that it seems like the delivery took longer than usual. It's rare for their customers to experience such delays. Told me to be assured that she will have my case escalated and I should receive my purchase within the next 5 - 7 working days. What? I still have to wait for a week for it? I am DEMANDING for a fully refund because there is no point waiting for it. I have waited for months and months. I have bought other pendant. I don’t need it anymore.
On the 7 th March 2015, the Groupon staff emailed. Her explanation was really did not make any sense. Firstly, she told me that I’ll get the item within few days and now she is pushing this matter to me to liase with other company. She asked me to contact the business directly.

Now, I need to liase back with Groupon but the problem haven't solved yet.

arantxag
3/8/15

I was bougth a ticket for one course of cokking with http://www.conradgallagherfood.com/cooking-series.html and is feak first time they call us and said that for probldms they need cancel and know just they ofered a online course so..... They are laugthing me.

kristena5
3/8/15

I had purchased tickets for bbq in the grove that were discounted to $39.00. 'What I deal!' I thought. As I made the purchase, the site confirmed I had paid $ 78.00 ( 2 tickets). However, when I recieved the conformation email it said I paid $88.00. Why? Why did they charge me an extra $10? I cancelled my purchase. This site is misleading and the deals are not worth it!!! If I could give a negative rating I would!!

dianes51
3/7/15

"I'm sorry to hear that this Groupon isn't going to work out for you. Groupons make great gifts, so if you're not able to use it yourself, feel free to give it to a worthy recipient. "

Give away? because Groupon makes a great gift? This is not a candy or perishable but $450 worth of highly personalized and expensive product. EVEN WORSE, at the time of redemption, I found out I have to pay the rest of the due from total of $792, which wasn't obvious from the deal page at all. (Actually there is NO mention about the total amount on anywere on the receipt nor fine print.) Considering I was diagnosed astigmatism for the first time and the lenses I purchase was nothing but total waste of money, even worse, the deal comes with hidden due of $342, I felt deceived by Groupon.

After I requested the refund, Groupon's answer was only the one written above. I'm so angry, disappointed by the irresponsible and deceptive company.

Tip for consumers: First, I saw the deal written as "$450 for Acuvue Contact Lenses for One Year Supply". There was a note as "patients must have a prescription at the time of redemption" So I went to an optometrist to get a prescription before the redemption. The optometrist diagnosed me as Astigmatism, which I've never been diagnosed as so in my life. So I requested to refund money I spend to Groupon. Here is the exact quote from Emmanuel D form Groupon Customer Support:

"I'm sorry to hear that this Groupon i

pedroc16
3/6/15

I've been a fan of Bob's books for a while, and we use his training program for our retail staff to great success. This recent book is no different in its importance to me as a business owner. It's a concise read and is spot-on important for business owners and consumers to understand - Groupon is bad news for both customers and for businesses.

shirlh
3/6/15

Every time I have tried using Groupon they tell me i'm too late...........to bad for them

heathern12
3/6/15

This is the second time I've been gifted a groupon and it's worth nothing. A $40 massage that I can't get an appointment for until months later when the deal is expired but still group on won't give me an exchange !! The business isn't returning calls , doesn't matter, no quality control. I think that groupon treats businesses so poorly that the businesses don't care about the customers, and then we are stuck paying for these deals that mean nothing!

sallym21
3/5/15

I got a gift certificate for a massage with GROUPON- Massage Works at Level 3 Spa and Salon in Albany, Oregon. The only person who gives massages with GROUPON is a male. There are females at the spa but they don't use Groupon. This was never disclosed to my friends who gave me a gift certificate. The Spa told me to give the gift certificate to someone else who doesn't mind getting a massage from a male. In other words, I'm screwed because he's got his money. NEVER again will we use GROUPON.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT go to Level 3 Spa and Salon in Albany, Oregon. RIPOFF

lizm29
3/5/15

Most things are shipping slow. This order took forever. I have large dogs, they sent pieces of Antler. I would not give these to my dogs, it would be a blockage. the package is 26.00 save your money.

Tip for consumers: I was under the impression I was getting a deal from these folks. I have to be honest and tell you anything I have purchased was no GREAT savings. I did better or the same on Amazon or ebay. Please know many things on group on, you cannot return.

nickellm
3/3/15

I order many many things from this site. They always help if you need it But I'm finding more businesses that reality don't respond our you can't get ahold of anyone. They always refund my money but just noticing it happening more lately. Like they get overwhelmed with the response and just give up lol. Will continue to shop because i love the site. Would highly recommend

johnb362
3/3/15

I wish they gave better photos that you could zoom into to see details or compare them with something standard so you can see how big it is.

richardn26
3/2/15

I have bought dozens of Groupon offers. My kids make fun of me at times but I enjoy the offers popping into my emails because it jogs my memory to look for birthday and holiday gifts before it is too late. I often check the pricing with Amazon Prime but rarely have I been disappointed with the product I purchased

amberr7
3/2/15

Don't waste your time. I bought groupons only to have issues redeeming them. The deals seem too good to be true and truthfully they are if you can't redeem them.

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
Answer
heathers3
A: What does this have to do with groupon.com?
4/25/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I'm looking into buying a gold chain for my boyfriend. Reading the reviews, I noticed groupons isn't great for services or vacations. Its a solid gold chain for about 80 bucks. Can somebody tell me if this purchase is yay or nay. I do not want to waste money
4/11/15
Answer
maxineb8
A: I almost bought a 3 carat diamond ring and saw reviews so I didnt. 99% of what I bought has been great experience. I gave only bought name brand things and a lot of things come very fsdt. Some slower. I'm not sure I would buy the jewelry. I've been going to overstock and eBay and find a store with at least 99% good reviews. I have not had a bad experience from eBay. Hope it helps
4/12/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon