US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robinr24

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. (in 269 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 58 reviews)

debbiee3

Just got back from a vacation 2 weeks ago where we bought the hotel room with a groupon. (in 40 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kimb407
12/30/14

On September 24, 2014 I bought 2 groupons for carpet cleaning. As soon as I purchased them I called to make appointments to have the carpets cleaned. I could not get an appointment until February 2015. I was having a big party in early November and needed the carpets cleaned before the party. I explained my situation to the cleaning company and that I needed to cancel my order. She told me I would have to call Groupon. I called the phone # I had for them and got a recording that said there was a 45 minute wait. I decided that was too long and I would call later. The next AM I called again and the wait time was 55 minutes. I hung up and looked on their web site for another phone # or an email I could contact them on. No luck. I called American Express , explained the situation and asked them to not pay Groupon. They said OK and contacted Groupon. Groupon said I did not contact them to cancel so I had to pay.
Do they really expect people to wait on the phone for 45 to 55 minutes for anything!

I hired someone else to clean the carpets (not through Groupon). They don't need to be cleaned again but I have to pay for the Groupon Coupons so I called the business today and their earliest appointment is May 20,2015. I will use this coupon so as to not waste my money but I will never use Groupon again for anything.

Kim Barker Seattle, WA.

I had to pay for them so today I made an appointment and the earliest they can come out is May 20, 2015.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy carpet cleaning coupons unless you can wait for 4+ months.
Don't buy anything you may want to cancel.

karinm1
12/29/14

Groupon is good until you have a customer service issue. Then they just like to talk in circles and never solve the issue. They sound like robots reading a screen and unwilling to actually work towards resolving the issue.

sarah1379
12/29/14

HORRIBLE!!!! It is apparent that Groupon does NOT research or review the products they sell and definitely does not stand behind their junky products. I am so upset and will NEVER purchase anything from them again. On top of that, I realized the junky product I purchased for a Christmas present was sold at Amazon.com for a cheaper price, but Amazon will refund in full. Groupon says they are giving you a deal, but they aren't. Don't be fooled like I was and do your research!!!

ashleym74
12/28/14

TERRIBLE customer service, buyers beware. I ordered and paid for an
iPad Air 32 gb and they sent me a 16 gb and refuses to exchange for the correct product...makes absolute no sense to me. Even if out of stock they have the capability
Of buying the correct model from any retailer out there but they refuse and couldn't even
Give me a reason why. Will never shop at groupon again.

unhappyc24
12/28/14

What a complete and total nightmare. The first Groupon I bought, the merchandise did not arrive and did not arrive. There is no Groupon customer service number that works. They do not respond in a timely fashion to emails. There was no phone number for the merchant and barely any email response from the merchant ... and then, when I finally argued them into sending the merchandise, it was worth a very, very small fraction of what it was supposed to be. I will never do Groupon again.

Tip for consumers: DONT DO IT. THIS ALL FITS INTO THE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE RULE.

ashleym73
12/26/14

Awful awful awful. I'm so upset about the products, refund policy and customer service. I will never never shop through them again. EVER, Do yourself a favor and avoid a headache. Amazon has awesome prices and stellar service compared to these people!

Tip for consumers: I wish I could give negative stars! So upset after trying to deal with these people. I called more than once and it got worse every time

brittanyr8
12/24/14

I recently order over 2000.00 worth of goods from groupon, all of which were way before the crazy christmas rush. the total amount of items were 20 and out of the 20 i have only received 9 items. the others apparently were lost in the mail from ups and usps. I was told by both ups and usps that i would need to speak with groupon due to the fact that groupon's account does not cover any type of investigation. 1 of the items that were ordered was a diamond ring that i paid well over 500.00 for. when I opened the box it was to my surprise that the ring was not in there. I spoke with Groupon over 20 times regarding the matter and was told it was not their problem they will not be issuing any type of refund and will not be sending out any products. Basically its my issue and I need to figure it out. The rest of the items included tablets, computers, jewelry, etc. (Christmas Gifts). I normally dont do online shopping but this year due to work and a new baby I was unable to really go out and shop so i figured "hey lets use groupon" BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE. NOW IM OUT MY MONEY AND I DONT HAVE THE PRODUCTS. I am currently getting law enforcement, and a lawyer involved. GROUPON is a FRAUD. BE CAREFUL USING THEM. I DEFINITELY NEVER WILL EVER AGAIN!! THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT IS EXTREMELY RUDE, AND UNPROFESSIONAL.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE IT. BETTER OFF ORDERING DIRECTLY THROUGH THE COMPANY OR LIVING SOCIAL IS ANOTHER COMPANY THAT HAS THE SAME EXACT DEALS JUST BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE!

lizo1
12/23/14

Let me start by saying that my children are not spoilt and I am generally an easy going person but thanks to Groupon, my daughter won't be receiving her Christmas present this year. Her iPad, I have been informed (after I chased it up) won't be arriving. No explanation! I purchased prior to the Christmas rush and my daughter has been eagerly waiting for the last 3 weeks for her anticipated parcel (required for school). At no time was I advised it would not be honoured by the hard sell but soft on service Groupon! so much for the tracking system which also failed to provide accurate details. I have used Groupon on a number of occasions but NEVER again. I will do my online shopping with Living Social. Buyer beware! Liz

Tip for consumers: Keep tracking your orders because otherwise you may just be waiting in vain.

jenh10
12/22/14

I used to order a lot of items from Groupon. I lost 2 orders in total. The first missing item I did not contact customer service. And recently, I ordered other item from them, the item was missing again, and I contact them, all they could do was to tell me that they track the order and it said it was delivered, so it was my responsibility to contact the carrier and ask my neighbor if somebody took my package. They do not stand for their customers. I told all my friends to stop buying things from them. Terrible experience. I wish I could give them zero star. Here is the copy of the email:

Hi,

I'm so sorry that this happened. Unfortunately, we don't have any additional shipping details regarding your order.

However, according to your tracking number,1ZA41862YW25030949, it appears the product was delivered. I would recommend checking with your neighbors or others who might have accepted the package on your behalf to see if one of them has it.

If you're unable to locate the package, you can try contacting the shipping service to see if they can provide you with a signature confirmation or more specifics regarding where the item was delivered. They may be able to help you track down the delivery, or provide another solution.

Again, I'm very sorry for this inconvenience. If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Jason M
Groupon Customer Support

amyp33
12/22/14

PURCHASED SOMETHING ON GROUPON ON DEC. 15 AND IT HASN'T BEEN SHIPPED YET. I CALLED THEM AND THEY SAID THEY ONLY COUNT BUSINESS DAYS SO TO THEM IT HAS ONLY BEEN 4 DAYS. OMG. I TOLD HER I WILL NEVER PURCHASE WITH GROUPON AGAIN. SHE SEEMED TO NOT CARE AND KEPT SAYING. "READ THE FINE PRINT"..UGHHH

linay
12/21/14

I wish I read the reviews before ordering anything from groupon. I ordered a duvet cover set in beginning of December it was supposed to be a Christmas present. It has now been 3 weeks and when I go to UPS website with the tracking number they provided me it says label created waiting for package to be received. It still hasn't been shipped!!! They have falsely sent me an email saying it shipped 2 weeks ago.

kimc63
12/18/14

Hello this review is fro Glass Mosaic Canada, I bought a groupon for a two hour class, when I arrived I was told that the groupon was not valid, I asked why and the owner said we stopped doing them, I said well I made a appt and had him look up my name in his book which was there, he then said I had to pay a material fee of $79.00 I said my understanding was the fee was between 12-15 dollars depending on the piece you made, He then said "what do you think I am made of money, I dont even make money on the Groupon, this is Canada I'm not doing this for nothing. All this was being said in front of a large group of people, and was very imbaressing to me. I siad i was not going to pay $79 for a $25.00 course and he said fine then go. How do people who are so rude, disresptful and down right mean stay in business.....It boggles the mind I would never go there again, in a big city like Toronto to go and learn about Mosaic's

judyl18
12/17/14

I ordered a glass bowl which arrived broken. I have contacted the seller and Groupon and no reply from either. I paid $30 and will never buy anything off Groupon again unless they step up and help get this resolved.

geetas
12/17/14

Wish i could give groupon a minus 5 star if the system would let me do so . This is my second horrible experience . Last year i bought 2 manicure package from them and only used one when i went to check the other one it was marked as used. Wrote groupon to complain and they told me that i have to take it up with the business . The business owner did refused to comply and i lost my money . I was so stupid to buy another deal from them when i tried to use the groupon the business owner is giving me the runaround. She cannot make appointments and that go in anytime . Took time off from work to get to the business and no one was there . i called and was told that the woman has to take care of her mother and cannot come that i have to wait 4 HOURS .I CALLED GROUPON WAS TOLD THE WAITING TIME IS 50-60 MIN. NEVER GOT THROUGH TO THEM . WENT ON THEIR WEBSITE AND FILED FOR A REFUND . I GOT NO RESPONSE FROM THEM . GROUPON IS AS SHADY AS THE BUSINESS THEY REPRESENT .

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THEM . THIS COMPANY HAS NO INTEGRITY AND SO ARE THE ENTITIES THEY REPRESENT ..

georgej23
12/16/14

Since i have had 2 write a TERRIBLE review because FFY is Awful, I wanted 2 write about companies that hav been great.
GROUPON has been great 2 me. Even if there was a SMALL concern they IMMEDIATELY just gave me a REFUND! I DIDNT EVEN ASK FOR A REFUND!!
This is an actual companies that GETS it!! That is , if your CS is terrible , then your company us terrible & hopefully fails.
I always praise reps AND THEIR BOSSES @ Groupon

Tip for consumers: WONDERFUL

kelliem6
12/16/14

I have purchased from Groupon in the past and I can honestly say I have recieved everything as described and I had one refund with no problems..and every email responded to promptly...There's very fine print you MUST read and decide on the spot if the purchase is suitable for you..all of these purchases are time-sensitive and people do not read thoroughly..and a small inventory of stuff are kind of one the cheap-y side-the drawback of buying online is the same everywhere...READ thoroughly!!

vanesam
12/15/14

I placed an order about 2 weeks ago. I received a shipping conformation email the following day with a tracking number. I have been trying to track my order for the past 2 weeks but the UPS website keeps stating that there's no such number. I called UPS and they told me that Groupon is off on a number because the number is incorrect. I emailed Groupon and got no response yet. I tried calling and their wait time is 50-60 minutes. I waited past the 60 minutes and nothing. I honestly don't think they have anybody on the other end and the "50-60 min" recording is just there to discourage you. They also have the same 2 most EXTREMELY loud instrumental (piano? Xylophone?) ever, that's designed to give you a headache. I buried the phone under a pile of laundry I was folding and it was still radiating through. I waited 1 hour and 15 minutes and they never answered.

Tip for consumers: Not worth it! Don't do it!

teresak6
12/14/14

I AM DONE with Groupon! They love to take your money!! But beware if you have ANY problems!! Like having (2) purchases on my account I never made!! They are impossible to reach it has to be done by email (if you can even find there email). It takes them FOREVER to return that email and then they are unwilling to even address what you emailed them for except to say" That if you unable to use the purchaes you can give them as gifts!!" It's unbelieveable it's like they have a pre-printed response. Buyers Beware is all I can say.

Tip for consumers: BUYERS BEWARE!!

mr223
12/12/14

This site is trash! I bought an item 2 weeks ago for my son for Christmas (with in 2 weeks) and when I called to check the status, they said that it won't be here by then. I tried to reach them by phone and the waiting time is from 50-60 minutes. If you leave your number to get a call back, you get a call when you are not expecting it and if you work, you will miss it. I requested a refund to buy the gift to my child for Christmas and guess what? The refund also will get here after Christmas.

kevinw67
12/12/14

I recently Purchased a hotel room that was listed as a Gatlinburg, TN property on Groupon. In good faith I purchased two rooms via Groupon. Upon arrival we became aware this property is clearly not in Gatlinburg. It is in a seedy section of Pigeon Forge.

The hotel itself was extremely run down and dirty appearing. The pictures on Groupon's website are profoundly deceptive and look nothing like the hotel. Upon entering the lobby there is a prominent sign stating "No refunds Given for Early Checkout". -- always a reassuring thing to see.

When I mentioned to the lobby clerk that we were expecting a hotel in Gatlinburg she just shrugged her shoulders and handy me the Groupon customer service number.

Groupon customer service was extraordinarily unhelpful in resolving this issue. They told me no credit would be given because cancellation was within 72 hours of check-in. They told me to read the fine print next time. The fact that they sold me something in a clearly deceptive way (like listing the hotel under a different city) was completely irrelevant to them.

We did not check in or stay at this hotel. I would never put my family in a place like this. -- Dirty, awful, completely unacceptable for a family.

As for Groupon, I'M DONE! They clearly misrepresented this property and could not have been less helpful when trying to resolve the problem. If you're thinking about purchasing through Groupon, do a web search for "Groupon Scam". You will see countless customer complaints pertaining to Groupon misrepresenting the product being sold.

Tip for consumers: Avoid Groupon. They misrepresent products they sell and customer service is abysmal.

soniar5
12/11/14

Horrible customer service!!! I have used this groupon in the past with Body Shop and was able to use the groupon on the same price that was being offered to every customer. Unlike this time, where I was told that just because I will be using Groupon, the price would be $20 for the item as compared to $10 for the same item being offered to any other customer walking in the store. This is definitely misleading for the Groupon users and seems like Groupon made people buy something that was already available to anybody without purchasing it through Groupon.
Groupon committed that customers will be getting $30 of stuff when they spend $15 with you where as the actual stuff that a groupon customer is getting in store is worth $15 value only as that is what is being offered to the customer walking in the store, just another way of cheating the customers. Store guy told me that they cant offer the price that they are offering to other customers and to contact Groupon for the Refund. In the past, Groupon used to stand behind their products and would offer a refunds if merchant did not fulfill as promised. I explained the situation to customer rep but she insisted they did not do refunds even though the groupon was not expired and merchant would not honor. Horrible Customer Service at Groupon and Body Shop

melm23
12/11/14

Absolutely disgusted with this app. You took two payments from me, both costing around £100 in total which was deducted from my bank account within seconds. No confirmation email sent. After waiting nearly 2 weeks for the items to arrive and emailing I contacted your customer service via telephone to be told one of the orders did not exist and the other was cancelled because my address is "invalid".

Firstly, if an order has been cancelled where the money has already been taken, surely there should be some common courtesy with regards to a phone call letting your customer know about this so they could try and resolve it before the voucher expired? No, not Groupon. You were waiting for the voucher to expire so You's would be able to refuse a refund. This is disgusting. If I had not asked about the item You's would never have told me.

Secondly, I purchased another voucher in turn to purchase a gift for my partner for Christmas. Again, 2 weeks later and still no sign. Your advisor could only just say "we'll email them and see what happens". Absolutely terrible customer service. The girl on the phone kept taking down wrong information. It took nearly 3-4 attempts for her to get my telephone number correct because I asked to speak to a manager/supervisor.

I assure you that I will NOT be ordering from your hoax site again, I will be sharing this status across social media sites to warn other potential customers to take their business elsewhere to a more secure and trusting company. A company that values customers, a company that does not take your money and have no intention of delivering your purchases. I have been taken advantage of and I will definitely be reporting this as fraud. You's took my bank details, you have my PayPal account information along with my personal home address details.

As I said, absolutely disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Tip for consumers: Do not order from Groupon. Although they have cheap deals, you'll never receive your item but rest assured your money will be taken.

murrier
12/10/14

I am amazed at this company. Their response is almost immediate and they quickly refund purchases even though they are beyond the dates required. I love their sense of humour in dealing with events and they really do care about customer satisfaction. Great group Groupon!

jenniferl70
12/10/14

I am absolutely done with Groupon. I ordered products 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. Half never showed up in My Groupons. I've been writing them every day since that night for refunds. 2 of them were time sensitive. Since they didn't show up they can't be used by me as I'm no longer in the area.

Every day I get some barely intelligible response from an Indian person. They aren't even answering the question!! I can't stand it anymore. I can't believe an essential communication job for every business is outsourced to India. Reading from a script book of wrong answers back to me is not helpful!!

So anyways, the dumb asswipe who wrote back today.....after 2 1/2 weeks of contacting them for a refund since an hour after I ordered the stuff.....Said sorry we don't allow refunds. You have to request one within 3 days of purchase. Wtf!!!! Can they not read that that's what I've asked for since the first day of purchase?

Tip for consumers: Don't use Groupon. They've gone to $#*!.

kennethr22
12/9/14

I was thinking about ordering a couple of ASUS Google Nexus 7 thru this company but after reading the reviews you can't get customer service to answer 50to 60 min wait time unacceptable/ item say they were delivered by tracking # and they weren't by the customers HUMMMMMM!!!! if i was to rate this company i would i give it 2 neg stares not even one which is required.If you don't like what i wrote then i suggest you do what i did call them.Ill make it easy for you here is the two numbers i used 1-888-375-5777 waited for 28 min and gave up /1-888-664-4482 waited 42 min gave up. Know you try it i did the leg work,told you soooo

Tip for consumers: STAY FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR AWWWWWWAY from this site

elainem24
12/9/14

If you can't use the Groupon, they will not issue a refund, even though the refunds are only for another groupon, so goes right back to their business! I wish I could get away with this, as a small business owner I have to go to great ends to make sure my clients are satisfied. Stay away from this company, I am one of the original customers, but I AM DONE!!!!

catherineh16
12/9/14

Called Groupon and Eric (from groupon), was very rude! He didn't care what I had to say! I said I will never use Groupon again and he said, that's fine!, Most companies would not want to hear their customer service ever say this. They would try and figure a way you can make it better for the customer. Horrible!

Tip for consumers: Don't use Groupon

terryp31
12/9/14

I bought a weekend getaway to Niagara Falls. Scheduled my visit for 11/21/14. In the few days leading up to that Friday, the Buffalo area got hit with eight FEET of snow. The New York State Thruway was closed. No way to get through Buffalo (we were coming from Rochester), I had to cancel my reservation. My fiance and I are both 60 yr. olds; not smart for us to be trying to navigate through snow covered roads that the NY State Police say not to drive on. I contacted Groupon to see if they would help me get a refund due to these extraordinary circumstances. Their reply; "read the fine print; no refunds". Think they would at least work with me to get an exception to the "no rescheduling" restriction? Like we already told you; read the fine print. I'm out about a hundred bucks, and Groupon will never get another dime from me.

Tip for consumers: Here's my tip. Use any of the other sites available for this type of transaction.

jeane99

98$ spent for a "deal".
When i wanted to take an appointment with the society of the so-called offer, i never had any answer, whereas i sent them emails and phone calls.
I came directly to the society, someone told me they were not here anymore, but was unable to tell me if they just had moved or if they didn't exist anymore.
Now Groupon don't want to refund me.
Really bad experience... Groupon = zero, finally as their offers. I'll remind that for the next time.

Tip for consumers: Be careful about the society of the offers you want to buy!!!

valerieb13
12/9/14

Bunk beds late delivery one man box so heavy I could 't even hold it up,delivery man not allowed beyond front door did in end or would have had to take it back . I had already taken 4 packages into house with some difficulty.

Tip for consumers: Don't believe delivery dates if you ring groupon like I did about tracking they won't find it either. Management review takes 14 days still waiting
I have had other groupons with no problems

jasonm121
12/8/14

Great deals are as promised but their delivery promise is totally false. The products take at least a month after the order date for receiving. So, if you want the product fast Groupon is not the place to get it...however if you are patient with the very long delivery and the lack of response to customer inquire then order away.

Tip for consumers: Be very patient in responses from customer service and for delivery

robinr24
12/6/14

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. Then tried another customer service number: (888) 664-4482
Service Rep was awesome and fixed everything right away.

Tip for consumers: Tip for consumers: Call Groupon at (888) 664-4482 if you have any problems.

nenad4
12/6/14

DO NOT BUY GOODS FROM GROUPON. THEY ARE SLOW TO SHIP AND THEY MAKE RETURNS IMPOSSIBLE EVEN WHEN THERE IS A LEGIT REASON FOR A RETURN! Ordered a Vigilant Rainbow "Smart" toothbrush that was supposed to communicate with my android phone and help teach my daughter to brush her teeth well. My Vigilant Rainbow, did not work with either of my phones. Groupon fine print says it is returnable if defective but system does not let you print a label for return. Customer service not responsive. I just wasted $30 on a cheap quality brush toothbrush that does nothing.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY GOODS FROM GROUPON. THEY ARE SLOW TO SHIP AND THEY MAKE RETURNS IMPOSSIBLE EVEN WHEN THERE IS A LEGIT REASON FOR A RETURN!

shamas2
12/5/14

VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE THERE EXECUTIVES ARE SO RUDE AND THEY REALLY WANT MERCHANTS TO BEG AFTER THEM , EXECUTIVES ARE SO LAZY GIVEN WORK 3 MONTHS BACK STILL PENDING STILL THE DEALS IS NOT LIVE , LEELA IS THE WORST EXECUTIVE I EVER SAW , ALWAYS BEEN LAZY AND IRRESPONSIBLE , MOSTLY ON LEAVE , DONT EVEN DESERVE A SINGLE STAR

Tip for consumers: FOR MERCHANTS MIGHT BE SOME EXECUTIVES ARE ACTIVE AND HARD WORKING BUT IF THEY HIRE LEELA FOR U PLZ SAY SORRY

katc6
12/3/14

What a joke!! Slow shipping, poor quality goods and extremely poor customer service.

"ladies" camis purchased. They sent childrens sizes. The merchant was not censored and continued to market the item as a ladies size.

Item labeled "Phillips Sonicare Toothbrushes" arrived as a generic. Visibly lower quality than brand name. In addition, only 1/2 my order arrived. Was told by Groupon they would not be able to fulfill my order. Went to look at the order, and noticed the business had changed the description to Philips Sonicare (Generic) and lowered the price $5. I asked Groupon to refund me the additional $5 ...no dice. I just got a refund on the whole order.

Bottom line, Groupon Good is a horrible store. Don't waste your money.

Tip for consumers: Do not waste your money!!

jessb39
11/29/14

Love groupon! I have always received exactly what I ordered. The one time that I had an issue was when the USPS wouldn't deliver my package because no one was there to sign for it and then they didn't know where my package was. So I called groupon and told them what happened, granted I did have to wait 40 mins on hold but the customer service rep was extremely friendly and apologetic. She said she could refund my money as groupon bucks and then I could just reorder the product. I received my refund instantaneously and reordered the product which I received within a week!

lisad64
11/29/14

I have received many Groupon offers but received one recently that was perfect for me. It was for buy 2 dozen Krispy Kreme for the price of 1. I was so excited that I bought 2 deals, knowing I could use 1 for the office team during the holidays and the other for my family at Thanksgiving. Well, when I went to use the coupon, the store rejected it because it was for other stores out of the area. The closest store is 2 hours away from me, which means I will never use this coupon. I contacted Groupon asking for a refund, and all they did was refer them to their return policy. Since I was just outside that, they wouldn't refund the money. I wasted my money, and am very disappointed in their service. I will never use them again. Buyer beware!!!!!

Tip for consumers: read the fine print, and beware. Once you buy it, you are stuck!

latal
11/28/14

Can't even give one star to such compnay (but if i am not puting one star they are not alowing me to proceed)who just take money and do not give any service or discount . Even customer serivce talk so rudly when we call for not giving discount.
Self had bought a discount offer for CAB booking they took money and everthing after that when i used that voucher to book CAB that CAB dont even sent a CAR and used that voucher code and said we dont have cab. when i went back to Groupon they replied that "they are not responsible, Groupon just took money for voucher for code they provide and they are not concerned with weather they get discount or Service". So should not trust such worst company who just want to earn money.

Tip for consumers: Dont even think to buy any offer from Groupon. They will just take money and give u code then weather u got discount or service they are not concerned or give you money back.

joanneb25
11/25/14

I got totally ripped-off buying printer ink on Groupon. I paid $91.13 for 8 ink cartridges and not one of them works in the printer. The company that sent them has ZERO contact information - not even a name on the cartridge boxes, the shipping carton, or the packing slip. I contacted Groupon within 30 days and they said, "Sorry for your bad luck - you failed to notify us of the problem within 15 days". Really Groupon? The warranty on your website said 30 days and you should have some responsibility for knowing who is selling products on your site. But you completely bailed on me and left me with $91.13 worth of useless ink cartridges. I "was" a good customer. Spent over $1000 dollars on Groupon goods the same month I bought the ink. And this is how Groupon treated me.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware if there is no company website link. Groupon would not give me the information and left me high and dry with $91.13 worth of bad printer ink cartridges.

catherineh15
11/24/14

I reserved a room at the Omni Riverwalk in San Antonio, Tx. The picture on the Groupon showed the Riverwalk and said minutes to riverwalk. Not only am I not on the Riverwalk I am 20 mins. AWAY from the riverwalk. I will never buy another groupon again.

Lies, lies, lies.

Tip for consumers: Don't believe what it says

michaelb186
11/20/14

DO NOT try to resolve any problem on their web page or cell phone app, it is way too complicated and time consuming.
I got Groupons phone number from the BBB site.
It is:
(888) 664-4482
I finally got through and the problem was resolved.

Tip for consumers: Call Groupon at (888) 664-4482 if you have any problems.

sandraa26
11/20/14

Been a customer for a couple of years and I am finding the customer service to be horrible. I was on hold for over two hours using 2 different phones. Yes, I know I could have hung up but I needed to speak with a rep. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE customer service.

Tip for consumers: Better get a comfortable chair when calling to speak with a rep. Wait time is toooooooo long!

geneg14
11/19/14

The Delivery By Groupon Sucks! I can't believe that FedEx would be a part of it. To take 10 days by FedEx to go from Connecticut to California (although I still have not yet received delivery) and have both Groupon and FedEx lie about the delivery date and then back track on the delivery date after Groupon confirmed the delivery date in an email and a live FedEx representative confirmed delivery the day I called by 8 p.m. and then have them rewrite the delivery time that night for two days later. This is absurd. They should not call this FedEx Smartpost, but instead FedEx Stupidpost -- "if it has to be there on time .... use a different carrier."
Gene Y.

Tip for consumers: Don't Buy Goods Or Products From Groupon

boortj
11/19/14

Bought a Groupon as a gift. Business closed a month later. Told Groupon what had happened, needed 15 emails sent to get satisfaction. Replies from 6 different reps, no supervisors. Often repeating my last email.

3 weeks later (!) refund finally issued: "refund either to your form payment or in Groupon bucks". Next day, message from Groupon: "good news, your refund has been processed. Your Groupon bucks are available to be spent immediately."

My face = :o

??

Angry email sent asap.

Incredible breach of trust. Done with Groupon.

Lessons provided by Groupon on how to lose a customer in twenty days:
- do not respond to polite emails with confirmation of taking care of issue (or any confirmation at all).
- force customer to repeat themselves continuously.
- allow multiple reps to inadequately handle the account.
- breach customer account privacy and security to make refund decision for them.

Completely and utterly unacceptable treatment.

Tip for consumers: The deals aren't that good. The service is terrible.

vickia2
11/17/14

Purchased item on 30/9/14 and still havent recieved it. Made a complaint and have just had numerous emails for the last few weeks saying they are still 'investigating' despite the item being up for sale again. Will never buy from them again. Paypal cannot reverse transactions to groupon even if you do not recieve them

rodl4
11/17/14

Well I have tried to purchase items from Groupon, order services and online items. Other than one online item the rest have been either of such poor quality, or the site doesn't work or something... 40 min on hold to have someone say well we can give you Groupon credit... I am sorry that doesn't cut it. Once, even twice is okay but it is the norm to have below average and below quality, then it is about a company that doesn't care about the item, just the money it gets from it! I will never order from them again. I guess the old adage is true "you get what you pay for" . shop around locally you can get the same thing...

Tip for consumers: DON'T BUY FROM GROUPON!

robertw118
11/17/14

Doesn't get any worse than this!!! STAY AWAY FROM GROUPON! They're bunch of thieves. Their hold time is 30-60 min after than they'll drop a call on you. You can never reach a supervisor. If you get lucky and reach one, supervisors are not attentive. Their return policy is awfull! You can only cancel groupon within 3 days. I bought my grupon to a small hair salon. They happened to be crooks. Grupon refused giving me a refund b/c it was outside of 3 days return policy. They don't really check businesses so that they can make more $. If that business is crook you're screwed and can't get your money back. I WOULD NEVER BUY A GRUPON AGAIN!!!

bw32
11/17/14

Worst experience ever not only was there no parking for more than an hour if you could find a spot on the very busy high street it meant I couldn't have my hours treatment for fear of receiving a ticket.. Then when I arrived they had booked me in for the wrong treatment and then tryed to argue it and say it was my fault when they had redeemed my groupon voucher codes they knew what treatment I was having but they were so unprofessional and lazy they didn't check and used the excuse they redeem them altogether and do not check who's is who ... Great customer service and care NOT!!! Then I got a 20 min chat with the Ciropractor who then said come back for your results after travelling over an hour to get there for 1hrs treatment I got 20mins and was told to go back another time naturally I would never step foot in there again ... It's no wonder they are using groupon for customers they clearly can't keep them because they have a bad approach not even one apology was made for their mistake..

yanyp
11/14/14

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Waited 2 hours on hold to talk to customer service representative. After two hours my call just dropped and I never got the chance to talk to live person.

kristenb11
11/14/14

I WILL NEVER USE GROUPON GOODS AGAIN. Never use groupon goods!! They're return policy is terrible. If you don't return a product within 14 days, you can't return it. So if something you purchase is a gift and it isn't discovered until the gift is given, you're screwed. I've had two bad experiences with dysfunctional products.

Tip for consumers: NEVER ORDER FROM THEM.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
heathers3
A: What does this have to do with groupon.com?
4/25/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon