US Government's NSF

600 W. Chicago Ave Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60654
Tel: +1.3128705288
sysadmin@groupon.com

People interested in Groupon are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robinr24

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. (in 346 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 72 reviews)

debbiee3

Just got back from a vacation 2 weeks ago where we bought the hotel room with a groupon. (in 45 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

stevel69
6/10/15

We recently had a great experience using a groupon coupon to have our house power washed by A-1 Power Washing. They were very professional, did a great job, and were very friendly. I would recommend anyone looking for power washing, or other house jobs, to call them.

jc144
6/9/15

I've had a touch-and-go experience with using Groupon. Some great deals, some not-so-great. Admittedly, part of that is probably my own fault for forgetting to use them before they expired. But whatever, that's not what this review is about.

This review is about the sub-par Customer Service experience that I recently experienced with Groupon. The first time I called in was at around 6pm Pacific time on a Friday, only to find that they actually run on business hours circa 1988: 9AM TO 5PM (CENTRAL) MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. Are you kidding me? You run an internet business.

After getting past the initial shock, I called back 2 weeks later when I had time during the day (which is almost never). I was calling for something that I could not find an answer/resolution for on the very unhelpful online service tool that makes you spin your wheels. I then was put through an arduous phone tree that gave every other option first, and after a few minutes of that, was then notified that I had a hold time of 20-30 minutes to speak with an agent. Really? I felt like I was calling the Customer Service team for MCI or Montgomery Ward.

I finally get a hold of a very unenthusiastic customer service representative and explain the issue. It took the rep several moments to start responding. She was obviously looking up the question and had not dealt with this problem before. Then, after several very awkwardly silent moments states, "It looks like I can refund that for you."

The good news is that I did get what I was looking for. The unfortunate reality is that it was not the kind of experience you'd expect from a $3 billion global e-commerce company. I just wish they put as much effort into Customer Service as they do crafting the witty satire they call copy.

Color me disappointed.

daphner3
6/9/15

I was gifted a scopon as a gift for a high tea in a CBD location.
We chose the date and there was no issue with our transaction. The food was great the service fantastic.
All in all a great experience

gladyss2
6/7/15

Everytime I go to an online store to buy anything, first I check on them to get a discount coupon. They are great.

samanthag20
6/6/15

I PURCHASED A GROUPON 2/19/2015 WHICH EXPIRES UNTIL 8/18/2015 IN MARCH I CALLED TO MAKE RESERVATION AND EVERYTHING WAS BOOKED!! I CONTACTED GROUPON FOR A REFUND AND THEY REFUSED SAYING ITS NOT THEIR FAULT I DIDNT MAKE A RESERVATION RIGHT AWAY. EMPLOYEES THERE ARE VERY RUDE. SO NOW I JUST LOST MONEY THANKS TO GROUPON

bethg6
6/6/15

My family and I were prepping for a trip to the Dells in Wisconsin. And I looked up tickets for the Army Ducks. At first glance when shopping Groupon I thought, "Wow, what a deal!" Four tickets normally cost $120, but my price was only $75. So I bought them. Later, I clicked on the hyper-link that took me to the vendor that sells these tickets year round for these boat tours, and they were cheaper than Groupon! I was irritated when I saw this. Groupon...not only did they inflate the prices to make the mark down look huge, the final mark down wasn't the best deal after all. I contacted customer service about this, they acknowledged the fact that I was correct, offered a refund. I asked if they could just price match it to make it simple. They said no. Lesson learned, don't be a sucker, it always pays to shop around.

kater50
6/6/15

If you considered buying this beautiful neoprene bikini for "only" 12.99 EUR + 1.99 EUR shipment - DON'T.

You have two better options here:
- Go on triangl website and buy a genuine triangl bikini, which the above deal is just pretending to be:

If you really want to buy fake - you could directly order one from China and save 2 - 3 EUR depending on exchange rate. With no means I am encouraging anybody to buy fakes - but this is what you will get ordering this item on Groupon & pay more.

sheenap1
6/5/15

I've used groupon way too many times. Want to grab a bite to eat? Need new workout tops? How about an oversized photo of your niece? Groupon has it all! Literally... I use them weekly, and have never had an issue. Love them!

dann615
6/5/15

I've only use Groupon a few times, mostly for services, and I don't really have any problem with any of them. I usually read all the fine prints and do some quick research about the business/deal being offered before I purchase them. I know this method doesn't always work, but it's a good preliminary process to reduce the chance of getting into problem.

The site overall is pretty easy to use. Nothing too complicated, although I wish there's some kind of reminder for when a service you buy is about to expire.

melindal1
6/4/15

Basically, I overbought certificates that have too short a life span and businesses won't work with you once it's expired. I love to save money, but they give you such a hard sell and say they only have a limited amount... I got suckered into buying more than i wanted.

ga5454
6/3/15

I ordered a Fossil watch, it was fake, not fossil at all!

The clothes they sell are cheap and even if its a brand name its the items that are not made correctly.

I went to purchase a $249 watch on Groupon.I got an email saying my transaction had not gone through and I would need to input a new card, in the email it gave me a link that said " Update your account" I clicked on it and updated my credit card info. The email also said that they would try again in 1 day. At that point I emailed groupon and they explained what I needed to do, however it was too late the watches were sold out. Thanks for nothing Groupon.

emeraldo
6/2/15

I love Groupon. Because of their "tickets and events" my husband and I have become tourists in our own hometown.

montyr8
6/2/15

I purchases an UP 24 fitness band for nearly $80. Lasted four months and two weeks and fell apart. The Jawbone company said it was not their fault and Groupon said after 14 day they took no responsibility. I could have paid $30 more and had a warranty. Do not buy items such as this on GROUPON!

margaretf18

always good things

todda15
6/2/15

my dad purchased a rusty wallace racing experience for my 50th b day. he sence came down with leukema and is in the hosp on chemo and has struggled for a month to get this groupon he paid for. he got one email thanks for your purchase with no info. They then could not get any info except they took 198.00 at this point he doesn't care about the 198 and tired of fighting groupon because he is fighting cancer. i told the groupon customer service rep this and they need him to jump through their hoops. He cannot, so enjoy your 198 GROUPON

jung-chengh
6/2/15

Well, Groupon offers local or nation-wide deals, but the variety is less, and besides the prices are not always that great due to the competition of online retailers. But, if you spend time searching, or if you enjoy participating in local activities, Groupon can be a quite good website.

edwardm62
6/1/15

I am always checking daily to find what the newest deals are. I can't think of how many times I was able to score deals compared to the retail pricing in stores that are local to me.

franks52
6/1/15

Groupon is nice, but I strongly recommend that you make sure you are going to use the coupon. If you don't it's worth the face value at the merchant, and if the merchant refuses to accept or goes out of business, you can get a refund, but you do need to do some work to get it.

vaughng7
6/1/15

Very hard to get a call back.

michelef14
6/1/15

Great products at great prices but you have to act quick because they go fast!

bonnies28
6/1/15

Groupon customer service has been a. Godsend. When the seller refused to honor the 90 warrenty, Groupon stepped in and refunded my money and dealt with the seller, Freedom Pop, who advertised and verbally assured me coverage in my location. However, there wasn't any coverage, only in surrounding areas 40 miles from home. Even though I purchased the cell from Freedom Pop, they denied the sale, claiming it purchased it through a third party. Groupon stepped in refunded my money and apologized for the problems created. I've never had a company do that for me.

garryw12
5/31/15

had some really good deal, week ends away, photo canvas, meals and cream teas.

sharonw20
5/30/15

i tried to contact them and got no response. Then when I did, the coupon had expired and I lost my money and was so embarrassed that my family and friends were disappointed. Horrible!
This was a few yrs back, they may have cleaned up their act, I wouldn't know because I never used them again and never ever will.

lindah54
5/30/15

Don't order Groupon from Printer Pix, it's been over 3 weeks, and my order is still "being prepared for processing". I smell something fishy. This was my first time using groupon, it will probably be my last. If they don't work with reputable companies, then it's just a scam.

jeremiahc12
5/29/15

Last month me and my Girlfriend go to the Independence Park and after that we go to the Seward's Folly Bar & Grill because we know that there quality of there are so amazing! groupon site is one of the best site which is good for Friends, family and special love ones.

Tip for consumers: To those who want to earn more discounts go here www.couponchief.com/groupon it really saves your money!

cherrim5
5/28/15

Have been a strong supporter since the very beginning...Great concept! Always looking forward to the next great deal!

yuenl
5/28/15

Nice deals sometimes, too bad too much "Spam" mails

vernons11
5/27/15

$3.99 for shipping each item on their mobile site & on their app. No desktop! No free shipping on items over $24.99! What a scam.

chayab
5/26/15

great deals. so addictive. I need to buy the deal right before I use it because too many went to waste because they expired

kimb386
5/25/15

Who doesn't love Groupon... I wish all companies would take lessons front hem. Customer service is unbeatable.

lizaaaahi
5/24/15

Found fantastic offer. Very grateful.

karolinaw1
5/24/15

On the 22nd of April I ordered shoe racks. On the 24th I got an email confirmation of my order being dispatched. And here we are a month later, still no product. I have been told many times to wait another week and another 5 days, then 24-48 hours. It's an absolute joke, disgrace to treat a customer in such way. I asked a couple of times for my refund, but I am getting nowhere. Never again will I use groupon and I will advise everyone to stay of their website.

jackil
5/22/15

Great deal on this site.. Always some good offers on groupon...

elaineg18
5/21/15

Just be careful and read the fine print! Sometimes there are exclusions or limits on what the company making the offer is willing to do. However, Groupon itself is great. I've never had a problem with them.

dlaijnes
5/20/15

My overall experience with groupon has been really good.

darlenel5
5/20/15

Bought a painting class twice for $25 wonderful class had a great time, going to another one Saturday

erichf
5/19/15

Groupon and their mobile app are great for finding things to do, places to eat, and goods to buy for an often extremely reasonable price. Highly recommended.

mahalingamc
5/18/15

I planned and purchased a Reebok running shoes. I ordered it on 11th May and on 19 may I receive an email stating - 'Due to overwhelming response we are unable to deliver the shoes" . MC saalon ye bataaney Mai tum logon ko 8 din lag gate. Chore saaley. They are actually collecting our data free of cost for doing future promotions

lorib32
5/18/15

BEWARE: When purchasing the" Made Premium Cleaning Services " Groupon YOU WILL NOT be able to reach anyone on the phone at anytime. There is no possible way to call this company before your cleaning service!!! ALSO!!! YOU ARE locked in to monthly service CONTRACT!! It's all in the small print. Can't use for move in or move out either. Learned the hard way.

martys17
5/18/15

Yes, the luster has worn off this "gem". Interesting concept and the deals were good...in the beginning. Now, well, my advice is to move on. Sure, sign up, give 'em your email and get flooded with more useless junk mail and then try to "opt out". Psst...they don't understand "opt out". Nonetheless, this should be a "pass" for you! There, you've been warned.

heriem
5/18/15

You Groupon team delivered a damaged item and it's been 3 weeks. I already requested for a refund and you guys are telling me you're still investigating? How long will that take? I don't care about your investigation. I just want my money back!

felipej2
5/18/15

mostly people are here talking about past of groupon but i still consider this valuable site for me! i bought several things from this site and i still like it

janam2
5/17/15

I bought a deal back and I had issues with the Company---They wanted to upcharge for everything

annies31
5/16/15

ordered summer cardigans....colors not true to viewed online. ordered 6 pack of racer bras....received different bras, not racerback!! SO DONE!!!

lukes35
5/15/15

I admit I never used it for myself, but I bought two Groupon, one getaways weekend for my parents' anniversary and a spa voucher for my sister's birthday. After reading some reviews about it, I paid lot of attention to the terms and conditions of the service I bought, and they didn't have any problem. It's a very easy way to buy a gift, I hate walking around in shopping malls looking for ideas. With a voucher people can decide to use it whenever they want, and it's an incentive to do something that they wouldn't do otherwise, such as a weekend or a spa treatment..

Tip for consumers: Always read the terms and conditions of use of the service to avoid surprises.

tamaras10
5/14/15

I have used groupon in the past, however recently I was searching through their website on my cell phone. Later I received a statement from my bank that a purchase was made to Groupon. It seemed I placed my phone in my pocket and somehow push the "Buy" button. I immediately contacted Groupo who stated they would not revoke the purchase due to a 2hr window for goods and a final sale with the supplier.

I explained the incident to no avail. Groupon refuse to refund the purchase although they saw the purchase was made on my cell phone and I was willing to show proof from my bank regarding the notification.

BEWARE: The incident of "But Calling" is the norm. It seems purchasing items from Groupon with your buttocks is also possible

nathalieg6
5/14/15

The Therapeutic massage groupon from TEAL is a SCAN!!! They title their Groupon ``60-Minute Therapeutic Massage`` but it is such a lie! When I called them to make the appointment, I mentioned them that I want a therapeutic massage for my neck and my back. My neck and my back were hurting very bad so it was important for me to get a therapeutic massage. When I got there, the massage therapist, who spoke very little English, didn’t even ask me what I wanted. I had to tell her that I was coming for a therapeutic massage for my neck and upper back because they hurt. Then, she started uncovering my legs to massage them. I told her that I wanted her to do just my neck and my back. She replied: `` I will do a full body massage because it is for 60 min, right? ‘’ I thought it was weird comment because I always get a 60 min for my neck and my back at other places. I told her ok but that I wanted her to focus more on the area that hurts. Then , she said: «Yeah, yeah, don’t worry ». The result: she spent not even 5 minutes on my neck and maybe max 10 minutes on my upper back, it was a relaxation massage, and it lasted 50 min not an hour! I was so disappointed and I went to tell the lady at the entrance. I described my experience and she told me: « Oh… but you know why she didn’t massage your neck for a longer time, it is because she is not a registered massage therapist and if you are not a registered massage therapist, you are not allowed to massage the neck for more than 6-7 minutes. So, I asked her why did she book me with a non-registered massage therapist then??
She replied that the Groupon is just for non-registered massage therapist. Excuse-me??? It is nonsense to title your Groupon ``60-Minute Therapeutic Massage`` if you can’t provide the service. The neck is one of the area that people need therapeutic massage the most! What is wrong with them. They just take your money and they waste your time! I had to go back home after and massage my neck MYSELF. Groupon should not support this place if they want to maintain an acceptable reputation!

paulap22
5/14/15

May 14, 2015. I made a hotel reservation and never received an email confirming the transaction. I sent several emails to Groupon customer support (they make it very difficult to even get any support by getting you lost in a Q & A maze)and all I received was a reply that someone would contact me. It is now the next day and still no contact from Groupon. This is the first and last time that use Groupon for Hotel reservations. The price does not make up for the lack of support and aggravation. Terrible service! Stay Away!!!!

markw130
5/13/15

Excellent website with great savings for all different supplies/products/places.

aprils25
5/13/15

I find what I want and with a minimum of clicks and time, it is purchased. Exactly what an experience should be.

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
Answer
michelef14
A: I have never had a problem with any groupon I have purchased. I just used a voucher today without any problems. There was one instance when I knew I was not going to be able to use my groupon and I went to my account, clicked on my groupings and asked for a refund. I'm sorry this has happened to you. Hopefully you will get it straightened out.
6/25/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I'm looking into buying a gold chain for my boyfriend. Reading the reviews, I noticed groupons isn't great for services or vacations. Its a solid gold chain for about 80 bucks. Can somebody tell me if this purchase is yay or nay. I do not want to waste money
4/11/15
Answer
anastasiac5
A: Never buy gold, diamonds, or jewelry unless you can see it in person. That should be your new motto.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon