US Government's NSF

support@groupon.com

944 Reviews for Groupon.com

Review Highlights

robertf1

“Where is the Group On coupon?” Dan Abushanab demands.

natc1

I paid for my voucher and my order was never fulfilled.

alext4

Not enough customer demand means it's down here from there.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

lanal5
5/26/14

A perfect experience of being scammed

Never write reviews (also appreciate the ones shared), but in this case after being scammer by Mr. Miller and after his scam was backed up by Groupon, I decided it the time to put my experience in black and white. Hopefully some people will avoid the same mistake I did.

Without doing a research on the Internet, I bought this deal ("Half Day Hawk Handling Experience") on 16th of January and decided to wait a couple of months before contacting Mr. Miller (waiting for a warmer weather). I was naive to expect that 6 month would be enough to book an appointment (as deal is to expire on 12th of July).

I contacted Mr. Miller in March, a couple months before I wanted to make an appointment. No reply and I was too busy, so decided to wait another month. Contacted him on 8th of May. Received email back saying:
"Since we receive numerous enquiries on a daily basis, can I ask you to re-contact me again in approximately 10 days time when I should be able to confirm the June dates for you? Likewise, the dates for July will not be confirmed until mid-June."

Waited 9 days and contacted his on 17th of May. No reply. Sending a polite notice on 19th asking if he received my email and has the dates. No reply. Waited another two days and contacted Groupon on 23rd of May (so we're 15 days further from Mr Millers last email). Wrote to Groupon support and couple hours later received email from Mr Miller. Talking about coincidences.

Reply from Mr Miller
"The next available dates for the bird of prey handling experience (3 hours) are as follows:
· Saturday 31 May
· Tuesday 3 June
· Thursday 5 June
· Tuesday 10 June
· Thursday 19 June"

So, here I had two problems:
1. There is only 1 Saturday available, a short notice of a week away which we had to reserve for other things as we can't sit around and wait for Mr Miller to answer to us. Why would he... we already paid.
2. Advertisement states that "Eagle and bird of prey experience valid Tue, Thu and Sat 10.30am-1.30pm. " This this a false statement which puts Groupon AND Mr Miller in breach of a contract I already paid for. As from his email it states he only has 1 Saturday a month available.

Explained this situation to Groupon and asked to cancel the deal THREE times. Template answer asking ME to go ahead with the deal and handle it with THEIR business partner.

Bottom line. £18 down, lost time explaining Groupon guys what's wrong, but they don't listen. They don't care about all negative reviews people leave about Mr. Millers business on Internet and they don't care about their customers, as in their first email they mentioned I'm not the first person to contact them about the problem with this deal.

Combined, how many people did Mr Miller and Groupon ignored showing complete disrespect to their customers?

Not impressed and disappointed in such scamming techniques...

mattb69
5/24/14

good site. used it to get a discount for jet skiing, cost me about 50% of the regular price. never tried anything else, but the jet ski thing held its promise and i cant complain. if i find something i need in the future, i'll consider buying a coupon there again.

gaylej
5/24/14

They have the worst customer service. I bought a $130 plus tax litterbox that was self cleaning. I;m disabled so I thought it would be great. when I got it I had to try all the tricks they offered to get my cat comfortable with the new set up. He is a large cat and his poop is as big as my Pitbull's. His urine is also a large amount so the box is basically unusable to him after 2 or 3 days. Not even close to what was promised. of course it was after 14 days and Groupon would not do ANYTHING. I will say that the company i bought the litter from gave me 75% back and called me to talk about it. The company I bought the permanent pan from gave me 50% back. Both of them were so nice. Both were sellers on AMAZON. I am on a very small income now that I can't work so it's really hard to take the hit for this. Groupon did not care about my situation or the fact that they lost a customer who has bought a lot of products from them. Very disappointed.

minhv1
5/24/14

NEVER BUT ANYTHING FROM HERE IF MORE THAN $100. YOU WILL NEVER RECIEPT AFTER 4 MONTHS CONTACT ALL YOU GET BACK IS KEEP ASKING YOU WAITING FOR THEM TO WORK IT OUT. THEN EXPIRED DAY COME UP. YOU GET NOTHING. NO WHERE TO COMPLAIN, NO WAY TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK
IM VERY ANGRY . AND REALLY FEEL LIKE A NUT JUST BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

bg25
5/23/14

groupon is a SCAM! do NOT buy anything from them. I ordered a clarisonic for $150 and 5 months later it completely stopped working for no reason. When I called customer service they said that it was past the 14 day return mark and they couldn't do anything to help me. So basically I was screwed out of $150 and I'm stuck with a broken product. TERRIBLE customer service and overall a complete SCAM

marym110
5/15/14

I have purchased many deals through groupon. Mainly tickets to concerts or events. I have never had a problem redeeming what I purchased. The only negative thing I have to say is their slow customer service. I purchased something and immediately had buyers remorse. I wrote to them immediately, but it took them 3 days to get back to me. I was just happy they agreed to issue me a credit; which I later used on some tickets!

marilynm12
5/12/14

I recently purchased Garcinia Cambogia through the Groupon website (one of their deals). Then suddenly, I started receiving monthly supplies of a lower quality/reproduction brand, charging my credit card $79.92/month. Groupon was obviously used by a scam company. BUT the real problem was Groupon’s dismissal of the matter, and failure to take any responsibility for the products they endorse through their coupons/deals! They tossed the responsibility back on me. Their policy is irresponsible and something to stay away from. Here is their reply:
Any purchases made on a third party website are not linked to Groupon and we would recommend checking with the purchases before processing the payment. I would recommend reaching out to the business who is supplying the products for any questions and refunds.

pawans3
5/10/14

I took three deals -
BVS mechanics in hedge end...
They charged 30 for oil abd very poor valet... also in 2 days I had power steering leak... when I went again they said they are too busy to look... 70-75 u can get the servicing in any local garage. Groupon and their dealers are just cheat... they dont bother about customer services.

Kutz n beauty.... in portswood road... it took me 2 months to get a weekend appointment... and then the address website puts is 2.5 miles away from the actual then they said its tom tom fault... and provided only half of service...

Raymon redfern photography... in sholing...
He will give you three prints... which are really small... after 1 month... and to get the good quality CD he charges 200 gbp... A robbery... not sure whats the point of having a deal if you have to pay 230 for 3 small prints and some good photographs...just cheating by group on.... I will prefer buying a cheap SLR camera instead... a printer and photo paper....

The deals look fantastic... but inside they are bad with poor custimer services....

christines31
5/6/14

Awful Just Awful If I could give less stars I would. Unreliable shipping times, mixed with bad information provided when you call customer service makes this not worth the hassle. Prices draw you in but they can not guarantee your order will arrive in the specified time frame. PLEASE SPARE YOURSELF THE HASSLE!

deloresg1
5/4/14

I orders 2 Clairsonic replacement brushes and they just arrived but they were too small to use with my Clairsonic so I went to their web site and found out that they are not returnable. Silly me, I should have read the fine print on my I Phone before I purchased them but it never crossed my mind that they would sell a product that was so clearly defective and not allow a return. The discount was clearly not worth it to buy something that I just need to throw away. Don't just walk from this website, RUN.

oliviam11
5/2/14

My very first experience at groupon I purchased tickets to concert and accidentaly purchased for wrong location, I tried calling to refund the tickets same da day and i couldn't talk to anybody because they were closed at 5... I also tried sending an emailand thier website wasnt working. So i called first thing in the morning and turns out you could only refund same day, which seems wrong because they should have staff answering phones until midnight...they didnt even give me a credit. I will never purchase anything on groupon again.

maryannc2
5/2/14

I have used Groupon successfully many times however the last two occasions have been a disaster and I won't be shopping with them again. The first disaster was purchasing 4 rugby tickets a year before the game. The tickets never arrived and it was down to me to chase Groupon to find out what was going on. In the end we had to get to the Twickenham stadium early in order to pick up the tickets and instead of the promised ' good ' seats we were given seats tucked in a corner and very disappointing . The second disaster was when I received a wicker picnic basket instead of a steam generated iron and had to wait two weeks for this ! When I actually got through to a real person instead of a useless automated response I was told that due to limited stock they could not send me my iron. They then told me they could see a similar one on the Internet and I should buy that and send back their picnic basket. I told them what I thought of that idea and they promised me a £ 10 voucher .The iron on the Internet wasn't the same and as I m not going to use Groupon again the £10 voucher wasn't much use either ! I eventually found a replacement iron on Amazon who will deliver it tomorrow for about the same price as Groupon. ....oh and one more thing ! Groupon won't refund my money until they get the picnic basket back. They eventually agreed to send a courier to pick it up and I m just waiting to be charged for that as well !

jamesh114
Apprentice Reviewer
5/1/14

I've only used groupon a couple times. I was pretty pleased with anything I've chosen to purchase through them. The reason I deducted a star is because their customer service is painfully slow. I requested a refund on something once because I thought the place of business was a bit sketchy and it took them over 3 days to respond to me. When I found a number to call, the phone was never answered. They did end up getting back to me via email and giving me an account credit. I would have preferred a refund to my original method of payment, but that's okay. I used my credit towards tickets to an event.

kayd125
4/28/14

I think they offer some pretty good deals. I've only purchased items from the "Goods" section, and no complaints except for a cracked iPhone "tempered glass" screen protector, which was refunded the next day without a problem. The shipping is also just really, really slow. Other than that, no terrible issues...yet!

elenas14
4/25/14

I used Groupon last 2 years. Today , first time, I had a very frustrating experience. On March 29 , before buying Groupon, I called to Mixed Martial Arts & Fitness Academy in Kanata to verify , if I can buy Groupon and book a party for my kids on May 3rd. The owner Stephane D"Amour said me that no problem. I bought Groupon and called him back. He insisted that I don't need to come and to come only on May 3rd half hour in advance of the beginning of the party. Today I called him to confirm. He said that he doesn't have my name on the list and I didn't call him. On my words that I am not crazy to invite guests before party's arrangement continued to insist that I didn't call. Actually I was first who bought the Groupon. I couldn't believe my ears.

mitchm15
4/25/14

Groupon is a complete SCAM!!! Do not give these people your money under any circumstances. I've used them a couple times for some local deals in my area but two months ago I purchased two separate meal deals for a restaurant. It turned out that the place did not accept the Groupons!!! They came up with an excuse that they were under new management. I have spent a month trying to get a refund from these people but to no avail. Now I'm out $100! I don't know how these criminals are able to continue robbing people like this. I'm currently seeking legal action. Good luck to everyone else who has been robbed by Groupon. Spread the word!

girishn
4/24/14

This site really is bad with offers, most of the offers are fake and other site more better offers, event there are no review columns for people to put their comments about the product sold by them

ge3995
4/24/14

I ordered from Groupon. They took my order and my money but never shipped it. I emailed them a couple days after it was supposed to have been delivered and was told it was being filled to be shipped. After a couple more days, and no updates, I called them -- and again was told it was in the process of being filled. The day after I called them I received an email that my order was canceled. I was informed I would be receiving a refund within 7 to 10 business days. Still waiting. Groupon appears to be a scam.

sweett1
4/23/14

I very rarely leave a bad review about a business but here it is. I have been both a customer and a merchant with Groupon. As a customer, I got exactly what I paid for. When I elect to make a purchase from a second party that takes on average, over 50% of the profit from the local business, and that is after they cut the cost of a service in half, it leaves the small business owner with less than 25% of what they would normally make. Imagine going into work and receiving a paycheck that is over 75% less than what you normally make. The initial lour for business owners is that this is a marketing website. It's not a marketing website, it's a penny-pincher website and Groupon customers are known for wanting to purchase a service or product for the cheapest they possibly can. Don't be surprised if you get what you pay for. That's exactly what I got. As a merchant that takes great pride in what I do, I always give the best service possible. However, when you have people coming in to redeem their Groupon for what they paid for and then they want you to upgrade them and throw in all kinds of freebees, it's a bit disheartening. As a consumer, you should take pride in your interactions with your local micro-economy. It will only serve to make your community at large, a more desirable place to live and it's important to be good to people. In return, they will more times than not, be good to you. So, if you want to try out a local business, pay the extra money or ask if they have a new customer discount. Cut out Groupon all together. They have proven that they don't care about the customer and they don't care about the merchant. If you are a penny-pincher that just wants to buy as much as you can for as little as possible, please at least remember to tip your service people on 20% of the actual full price service (as you are getting it for ridiculously cheap) and be kind and grateful as you are already taking advantage and both you and they know it. One positive thing about Groupon is that it can introduce you to a business that you may not otherwise have known about. Groupon's communication is terrible.

garyh52
4/22/14

GF ordered 24 piece container set. Everything shows up fine, except 1 lid is cracked.
Call the support center and was told we would have to ship the entire set back.
Really? Really? was told they don't ship individual pieces. Folks this is not Amazon in terms of customer service for merchandise.

We will steer clear of any more group on deals

ronh35
4/21/14

DO NOT BUY FROM GROUPON IF YOU ARE GIFTING SOMETHING TO SOMEONE, AND DO NOT USE BUTLER DETAIL FOR AUTO DETAIL. An international friend thoughtfully had given me a Groupon Butler detail for a car I had loaded him. When contacted, Butler detail could only schedule a month out. On the scheduled day, I got a call that he was unable to come, but would call to reschedule at the end of the week. No call. So I called several times before getting a return call. Now the only dates available were another month out, so I asked him to cancel the order and return the money. Not able to he said, you have to make those arrangements with Groupon. At Groupon I was told that they could not cancel the order without talking to the account holder (who is now out of the country, and in military so not available for several months to a year). So, if it is a gift, do not use Groupon. Far better to do something else where the person you gift can get something for what you pay. And do not use Butler Detail. Special shout out to Amber, and Allison, and Naveen at Groupon for their not help. Do hope the people they do business with are equally unhelpful and equally as hurtful to their personal time and finances.

---Ron

marcs27
4/21/14

Be careful about ordering actual merchandise from Groupon as they will often have two other companies involved in sending the item. I have had problems with my last two orderes of merchandise and found that Groupon offers no help in mediating between the customer and the company that provides the item.

gabrielf8
4/20/14

Groupon offers a solid combination of deeply discounted deals and reliable customer service. Local deals on restaurants, small business offers and travel coupons are just a few of the offerings which make Groupon worth perusing.

johannam3
4/19/14

Awesome site with so many sales on great restaurants, vacations, good and much, much more. Anything you could think of could be found at an affordable price and is delivered as described.

davide42
4/17/14

I ordered the Rosetta Stone Spanish 1-4 set and gave my current address when I filled out the order form. I discovered the order is being shipped to my old address I had moved from 2 years ago when I placed another order. I sent them a note and asked if they could contact UPS and forward the package. They said it was not possible and I would have to wait until it was returned. It is now 4 weeks later and I have not received the product. The customer service tries to be helpful, but really it is a bunch of BS. I liked them until this order. I will never use them again. They SUCK.

conniel22
4/16/14

I purchased a groupon for Air soft thousand round session. It was a surprise for my grandsons. They informed me several of their friends had been injuried playing this and they did not want to do it. Groupon states the amount you pay never expires. They do not make it clear that amount is only good at the company stated on the Groupon and is not good toward any other groupon purchase, as I felt I was led to believe. I think this company lacks integrity.

pl762
4/15/14

I had a bit of a sticky situation and Caitlin at Groupon resolved it to my complete satisfaction, with just one phone call. Instilled confidence in the Groupon process. Thank you!

johnr152
4/10/14

We love running auto glass deals with groupon. They are great to work with and always profitable. Thank you groupon.

steveo19
4/9/14

I will never purchase goods from Groupon again. Products come from overseas and are second rate. Local restaurant deals are good though

sherrys13
4/4/14

Groupon frontline staff appear to be sympathetic and concerned when you contact them with an issue, for example, I have an issue where the merchant refused to honour the groupon value, and would only only honour the value I actually paid groupon. Groupon frontline staff advised one of their reps would contact me via e-mail, but no contact ever received. This is the second time I've lost money on Groupon deals, and will no longer use their service.

emmas31
4/4/14

Horrible customer service!!! I used to love this site. They used to stand behind their products and would offer a refunds if merchant did not fulfill as promised. I purchased a groupon but when tried to use the merchant could not honor so they told me to contact groupon for a refund. I explained the situation to customer rep but she insisted they did not do refunds even thought the groupon was not expired and merchant would not honor. Even worse, customer rep had a horrible attitude and when I asked if I could speak to someone else she hanged up the phone. Never doing business with this company again!!

igork5
4/3/14

Ran a deal campaign with group on. They have falcified statements about refunds that they could not provide any proof for. They also have incompitent sales staff. Basically they are scamming businesses. Beware of scammy voucher companies.

pats60
3/31/14

I found that it wasn't the service, that was difficult but in seeking to cancel my subscription to the site, there is a part as you seek to unsubscribe, that has an activated picture with a man at a desk...Underneath are the words, "PUNISH DERRICK!" AND THERE IS A DECISION ON THE PART OF THE PERSON WHO IS LEAVING THAT THE ONLY WAY THIS COULD BE DONE IS TO DO JUST THAT! (SITUATION ETHICS) AND THEN A MAN COMES INTO THE PICTURE, AND ANGRILY PUNISHES "DERRICK"! BY MY !!!!! UNWITTING
DECISION ...
.WORSE......THE WORDS COME UP........"THAT WAS PRETTY MEAN..I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY! ..WANT TO MAKE IT UP TO DERRICK? RESUBSCRIBE!

ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE..........I WAS SO INSENSED AND UPSET........THIS IS WRITTEN BY EXECUTIVES WITH SOME STANDARDS IN BUSINESS, AND ANY CHARACTER WHATSOEVER? TO PUT CUSTOMERS AND ANYONE IN SUCH A POSITION AND THEN TO BERATE THEM IN SUCH A WAY IS EVERY REASON TO NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH SUCH A SHAMING AND ANGRY ATTITUDE.
FOR SHAME ON YOU! I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BUSINESS PRACTICE SO LOW, AND IF YOU THINK YOU ARE BEING CLEVER , YOU ARE NOTHING BUT OFFENSIVE TO SAY THE VERY LEAST. YOU STILL HAVE NOT UNSUBSCRIBED ME, AND I HAVE HAD TO "PUNISH DERRICK" A NUMBER OF TIMES. IT STILL UPSETS ME.
THINK AGAIN PEOPLE. AFTER READING THAT, DO YOU THINK THAT IT WOULD REALLY MAKE ME RE-SUBSCRIBE? I HAD NOTHING AGAINST YOU , I JUST HAD TO CUT BACK. NOW, YOU HAVE MADE YOURSELVES CLEAR, AND I COULDN'T POSSIBLY DO ANY BUSINESS WHATSOEVER WITH YOU.. I HOPE THAT OTHERS READING THIS WILL DISCOVER THIS VERY POOR METHOD OF KEEPING CUSTOMERS...SURPRISE, SURPRISE...STILL INEXCUSABLE. PAT SELF IT IS ALSO ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIIND A SOURCE TO CONTACT TO BE HEARD.........WONDER WHY? GOOD SITE ..POOR BUSINESS PRATICES

erict28
3/29/14

I don't think I would have had a dating life in college if it weren't for Groupon =) This website is great!

eerbiel
3/28/14

I love Groupon. I have done so well with getaways, dinners, family outings, salon treatments. I have had nothing but excellent experiences with my Groupons. My one gripe is when receiving med spa services, some places stipulate tipping on the full amount of service (not the Groupon price). I'm sorry, I just don't agree. Some of these Medical spa treatments like I-Lipo or Lipo-Ex are way over priced and extremely brief services with little to almost no work for the technician administering these services. Many require getting laser paddles strapped on to the body and the timer set on the machine and the technician leaves the room. I was a bit resentful of the somewhat demanding note posted on the wall of one med spa office. I use Groupon because I would not otherwise be able to afford these over priced med spa services and to have to add a $75 tip for a 20 minute treatment is just ridiculous and defeats the purpose. It also makes me wonder what sort of service I will get on my second treatment because I gave a tip based on what I paid for the Groupon.

ah570
3/24/14

Groupon used to have prompt, english speaking and understandable customer reps. Now I can barely understand what they are trying to communicate, and when I can, it is totally unrelatable to the situation at hand. Closing my Groupon account today.

abdula8
3/19/14

Worst service ever! !!
I just don't believe that this can happen in Canada.
I bought a Valentine gift for my wife and specifically called them to deliver it on time. I never received the gift. ..as it had fake DHL tracking no. And when I enquired, the answer was we are very sorry. .. there should be some legal action taken against this company. ..

kausalyas
3/19/14

I don't know how did I miss looking at the reviews before making any purchases from them!!! In one word they suck!! I have never received anything that I purchased and the customer service reps are as rude as they can be when you call them to ask for help regarding the missed items. SIMPLY STAY AWAY!!!

aprilm7
3/18/14

I've ordered many times from GROUPON and it's been disappointment after disappointment, and not to mention RIP OFF.

Ordered some BEBE sunglasses, they sent me the wrong color.

Ordered lawn care services, the Company did not show up on the last appointment, not fulfilling the GROUPON and what I paid. GROUPON did NOTHING about it. Once the voucher is redeeemed, it's out of there hands. So basically you can order a service and if it's a con, rip off or crappy business who does not follow through, or provide crappy service, you're out of luck and out of the money you spent.

Recently we purchased the GROUPON for a full house air duct cleaning, from Air Duct Cleaning Services, out of Modesto, CA. http://www.aductcleaning.com/ DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Needless to say, it was a complete and total rip off. They did not clean our ducts and were only in our home for maybe 30 minutes. Did not have a tall enough ladder to service all of our vents. Left my home a mess, and tried to convince us that our furnace needed cleaner which would cost an additional $200, which was cheap, regularly $400.

I have cancelled my GROUPON account. And will never do business through this site again.

You get what you pay for. And there is a reason why crappy businesses do business through GROUPON.

sarahw57
3/17/14

Can take up to 48 hours to hear back from customer service. Most reps seem to have no clue as to what is going on.

From business standpoint, payments are rarely, if ever, on time. It is very difficult, almost impossible to find out if the payments are accurate. If you cancel your deals with them, they will freeze you out of the merchant center, so you can't even verify vouchers that had been sold.

We ended our agreement early December, on vouchers that were to have a 90 day expiration date and somehow are still getting vouchers that are valid. It's odd. But try to speak with someone about it? {sigh}

marianelav
3/16/14

I ordered a pretty necklace. I want to return it because it's very heavy but the fine print says it's not returnable. I think groupon should have better descriptions of the products they sell.

karinak2
3/13/14

I had bad experience with groupon for last 3 month,almost everything I purchased was not exactly they advertised. It is takes forever for them to ship.,I placed order Feb.25 and its still not shipped , when I called custom . serv. lady said its takes 12 working days to process the order and plus 12-14 days to ship. It is very stupid answer because it is should never take so long , it is a lie. I make a lot online purchase but its never took so long. We make purchase paying imidiatly and the they does not bother to ship our items , using our money for 3-4 weeks..before shipping. Beware that what they advertising does not exactly the same. Lady in customer service is very rude with big mouth that I coud not to talk with her ,hang up.

ontarioa
3/12/14

They say it will take 6 to 12 bussines days but in reality it takes 6 to 12 weeks. Lucky that they are an online store, I can't go and buy someting to pay it 12 weeks later.

narees
3/11/14

I wrote a complaint/ recommendation letter to groupon consumer service awhile back regarding their claims on shipping goods to customers. I can see that they have not change or learned. I was annoyed that it took the retailer longer than 3 weeks to ship out my goods, and another 2 weeks to receive it. My credit card was charge and cleared within the first 2 days of purchase. I suggested that they change their statement on their shipping to better reflect the truth. The site claim that most ( I consider 51% as most) of goods will arrive within 2 1/2 week. They are excluding the other 49% of customers in this statement. I am one of the 49% of individuals that expected the product within their stated time frame and was extremely disappointed with the shipping time frame. The experience left a sour note and I decided to never make anymore goods purchases from groupon since the shipping time frame stated is not reliable. I still once in a blue moon make purchases for restaurants deals, but their policy on refunds makes it an inhibitor to press the checkout button. I still have 2 groupon I paid $50 for that I can't use because I have since moved away from that region... but groupon will not refund it. I guess I will just have to wait until the business close ( 35yr?) before I can get a refund lol.

lindsayp11
3/10/14

I purchased a cell phone case on Groupon.com on 2/21/14. It's now 3/1/14 and my case is STILL at a warehouse somewhere? It said it would ship on 7 business days--I'm now on my 11th business day. It has said for a few days now that it is in pre-shipment, which just seems like a hoax to get me to not call customer service.

I work in online marketing, I know how detrimental negative reviews can be and I try REALLY hard not to leave any because of that... but this is getting insane. I'm being patient and they are testing my patience with this.

aa752
3/9/14

The Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls Hotel, Groupon.com and the city of Niagara were misleading in their advertising and cheated us out of what could have been a pleasant trip in the following 8 ways (in order of importance). We advise that you consider this feedback before buying a Groupon deal, since many of the deals offer essentially the same ‘perks’ regardless of the hotel you stay in:

1) After an 8-hour drive, we arrived at the Ramada to find that they gave our reserved room away. They refused to provide an explanation. They were trying to instead put us up in nearby motels and would not consider putting us in a hotel of equal or greater value. After spending nearly an hour "checking in", we could see what their business model was. They could knowingly overbook the hotel, and selectively rebook those who booked with cheaper rates (such as through Groupon) elsewhere. As long as those rebooked customers had prepaid reservations, the Ramada could rebook at rates equal to or lower than what was prepaid and then reap the reward of hand-picking rates without having to come out of pocket.

2) Niagara, Canada has something like a 16% tax. To put this in perspective, if you buy $50 of food and drink at a restaurant, after 16% tax and paying 20% tip on the entire bill (including tax), your total is now $70 (effectively 40% more than the $50). Some employees around town said that Niagara has a "tourist tax" built in.

3) Undisclosed to anyone, casino vouchers provided in the deal were for a casino on the American side of the falls which requires a back and forth across the bridge, going through customs and waiting on that very time-consuming line to get back into Canada.

4) The activation fee for the $50 Dave&Busters credit is $17, thus eliminating 1/3 of the card's value. Also, if you purchased more than one Groupon, you have to pay the $17 each time to redeem the D&B credit even if redeeming them in the same transaction and onto the same gaming card.

5) The $40 voucher for the Skylon Tower Restaurant “Spinning” restaurant was only valid if you spent $120 on a dinner for 1-2 people.

6) You will find hotels gifting you restaurant coupons/credits for $20 dollars or so. For example Red Lobster, Outback, and TGIF hand out these “coupons.” Firstly, they are only good for 1-2 people dining and require you to spend a certain minimum amount on food. What is even more frustrating is that these restaurants are "resort style" but are not advertised as such. Resort style restaurant menus are very limited and more expensive than their other chain locations. What this means is they jack up their prices, allowing them to give hotels these $20 off coupon credits to hand out to customers, which lure in the customers, who then find themselves paying $20 more for what the meal would have cost at another chain location.

7) We bought two Groupons for a 2-night stay in Niagara and therefore received two casino vouchers. Unfortunately, even with two people, the casino forced us to make two separate trips to the casino since the vouchers are linked to the room and one “room” could not use a voucher within 24 hours of another.

8) Parking anywhere on or near the strip (main street of downtown Niagara Falls) was time-consuming and expensive. Safe to say, it is not worth it to stay anywhere “off the strip” like the Ramada included in this particular Groupon.
review will help others learn about this website.

Please do not review if you are affiliated or have a conflict of interest with this website.

phyllisy
3/6/14

The terms on Groupons are terrible. I signed up for a deal, wasn't able to redeem it and wasn't able to get any useful customer support. I'd think twice before using Groupon to buy anything important.

mariaa36
3/2/14

I was shocked today when I opened. My email Groupon sent me an order confirmation for a purchase of 400 pounds. I didn't order anything and it says a garden furniture set. I was pretty shocked cause the order was placed at almost 3 am by that time I was sleeping and nobody else has access. To my account.. I SPOKE to my bank and they told me that the money was deducted from.my account
I am very sad cause it will take days before. I get my money back
I am very angry and disappointed. With groupon

jeffj18
2/28/14

I actually had a pleasant groupon experience! I read all the warnings but couldn't pass up a good deal. Took 5 business days but fifa is here! I ordered on 23(sat) and received it 28th. Maybe groupon is listening to all the complaints. Dhl tracking is poop but I'm just happy they came throu. Good job Groupon/DHL!

cindys30
2/28/14

My situation is a bit different. I'm an advertiser. We have promotions for massage and beauty services. We treat the customers like kings and queens. Greet them with courtesy offer beverages. Provide clean, elegant, relaxing environment. Listen attentively to their needs and book them quickly. They are quick to criticize, defensive if we can't get them in the same day. Don't tip the service providers, that work hard and are getting "beans" compared to their normal commissions. They'll book a follow up appointment, then "no show". Even after we send them an auto generated reminder. Groupon promised us, they attract professional people. All we seem to get from them are cheapskates, that are particular, demanding and hop from one business to another. Looking for another discount. The idea is to attract long time clients. Groupon is making a " killing" and we are their slaves. We did a survey of retention. 1-2%. There are only so many hours in a day. So it has been determined it is better to spend 1k a month on advertising & attracting clients on our own vs. taking up valuable time on our books, with useless, penniless trash. We are no longer advertising with them. Lets BOYCOTT!!!

Best Daily Deals Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber