US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

myriems

After getting the run around from the merchant's customer service, I called Groupon up and explained the dispute. (in 261 reviews)

tc9

I purchased several coupons from Groupon, and paid with my credit card. (in 62 reviews)

rickb4

2 weeks after that, they sent me an email announcing my store was "too small" for their site. (in 38 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

chewyl
9/11/14

Worst customer service ever. Be careful if you buy electronics from them. I bought a tablet and it turned out to be defective, now they won't take it back. They aren't interested in actually helping their customers, just selling crap.

Tip for consumers: Go to ebay, or amazon, will find great deals, and won't have to deal with these people.

ellyb1
9/10/14

This company has totally uninterested people in their company working for them, They had an excellent deal for I believe one day, for San Francisco coffee which I took advantage of.. When I advised my don, he said it gad all changed. When, I looked at the new deal, it made no sense because the coffee was now more expensive that most places. I called once and they assured me the amount of coffee was the same. I called once again, and then they told me that it gave only 1/4 of the amount. When I spoke to a supervisor, she was totally disinterested and said why did I care since i received the good deal. She just didn't get it that I was trying to point out that maybe someone higher up had to look at it if they wanted to sell it.

Tip for consumers: It looks like u really have to do your own homework because they don't make it easy

markk47
9/8/14

you can get some decent deals if you are careful. but watch out when you buy their goods. it took me 3 weeks to get some refurbished phone and the way they packed this delicate item was horrible. they are still selling it but I can't post anything on their site because I guess they are also afraid of so many negative feed backs.

asifj1
9/8/14

Please all .. Don't use group on. Un professional staff and CEO of as well.
Ebay has quality and delivered goods as promised.

tonic16
9/7/14

I bought a groupon @ $25.00 for $75.00 worth of product. I let it expire but decided to purchase $25 worth of of the product. When I keyed in the groupon code number, the vendor did not recognize it, thus I could not go thru with the purchase. I e-mailed groupon about the situation and they said they could do nothing. I e-mailed them again and said they would make an "exception" and give me a groupon credit of $12.50. Still dissatisfied, I e-mailed them again... nothing...Not a happy groupon user.

antonios35
9/6/14

GROUPON GIVE ME THE WORS TIME TO RETURN SOMETHING AND I CANT RETURN I DONT RECOMEND GROUPON TO PORCHESE

Tip for consumers: BECAREFULL WHEN YOU BY IN GROUPON

annah49
9/4/14

Purchased an item for $250 and when I tried to use it, it turned out to be a piece of junk. I returned the item the next day. Few days later, I received an email that they had received my item and processing the refund and that I should receive my refund within 2-3 weeks, but most likely "faster". It has been over a month and I received no refund and no correspondance on when I can see my money back. I emailed them twice and all I got was a response from a Groupon Robot ( I kid you not, that's the signature) that they would contact me soon. Frustrated I dug out a well-hidden phone number for their customer service and decided to call them. I have been on hold for the last 60 mins ( no joke) as I am writing this and they are not picking up, just playing some annoying music. As soon as I get this return resolved I am cancelling my account with groupon.

cheezzyk
8/29/14

I bought a horseback riding ticket for my husband birthday. But they couldn't fit me in the day I wanted to go. That was alright I knew it may happen,so we went to there different day. They were nice and advised I can call Groupon to get refund.

Then I did....The women I talked was so rude, I know so many consumers called you claim , but before I started talking She had already gave me bad manner.

The point is
We have all knew the Groupon doesn'r have good service.
The business owner !!
You shouldn't deal with the Groupon. They make your businesses looks bad !!

I know I am small business owner, and I used them as free Advertisement.
Bad Idea!!!

ja13416
8/29/14

Have had two experiences in which what I purchased didn't come through to fruition. Absolutely regret joining up and will never use again....there is always the fine print which is inflexible and they take no prisoners. Bad customer service. Never again.

Tip for consumers: Don't!

yacoubn
8/27/14

They have no place to write a review on items they sell or sold ....
There prices are really high I don't see the deal before you buy check google and you'll find you're getting roped off

Tip for consumers: Check around before you buy

claudiak8
8/26/14

I love groupon and by lot of them. This review is for Adventure Hummer Tours only.
Booked a room at our time share drove 90 miles to go on the 4:00 pm tour. They called at 2:30 and cancelled. They did not have 4 people for the tour and I guess they just discovered this that day!! No remorse, no apology, the guy even hung up on me. We had purchased a groupon which they redeemed prior to cancelling the tour.
Don't trust them with your time or cash!

Tip for consumers: Is it ethical to book a tour, redeem the Groupon and then cancel the tour 90 minutes prior to the tour (voicemail evidence of cancellation)

niinap
8/26/14

I know what the motto supposed to be for Groupon site- “ TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE”.
Every time I purchase something from them, I am disappointed!
Spa procedure from advertised $45 becoming $ 120, botox- from $ 129 to $ 400 (without later touch up, because of “Groupon discount”), etc…
My latest purchase was face cream- Diamond 24K, bla-bla-bla… MSRP price- $500!, on Groupon- $ 39.90. Got it yesterday. OMG! It does not cost even $5! Poor package with unclear printing on it, broken lid, some old-look and smell consistence inside …
And not-returnable, because of DISCOUNT!
NEVER AGAIN!!!

frankieg7
8/25/14

Groupon personal are so disrespectful and rude. They always take long to reply and when they reply its with a attitude.. they dont give u ur refunds.. they put it as is its groupon money.. we purchased a river tubing event and they were all booked for the days that were shown. My Girlfriend n I sent them a email and the girl that replied was very rude and Unprofessional. We emailed groupon they said they dont care n that we arent able to get a refund..

Tip for consumers: If u get bad service from groupon posted on twitter facebook let people know. Not to buy from frauds with bad attitudes and Unprofessional people.. and cations if u do buy and want a refund.. because they qont give u ur money back. They turn it into groupon money.. waist of time..

meenas
8/24/14

I have been using groupon over two years now. I enjoyed using them most part. every time i bought goods from them were not as described on site. Poor quality and false representation. My recent good purchased was Rossetta stone spanish lesson, I was just looking for it and hit buy thinking it will ask me to submit, but instead I got jingle that enjoy your groupon. I realize their costumer service is close for weekends and not available for after hours. So I send email very next minute to costumer support. I got reply after 6hrs that sorry it has been two hours so it can't be cancelled and a suggestion that I can give that to somebody as gift,
Bottom line is I got stuck with something I am not going to use and wasted $200.

Tip for consumers: Buy groupon if you know the business and sure you would go very recently. Do not use groupon for their goods, as their return policies and costumer support not so good if you are returning any commodities. Be smart how to use it. So you are not stuck with unwanted goods and expired Groupons.

carlah4
8/24/14

I submitted all the information Groupon requires in order to be considered for an account to list items on Groupon, several months ago. Have not heard one thing back from them.

Then, I took a closer look at what they DO allow to be listed on their site, things like COUNTERFEIT otterboxes.

I guess the only clients they want are people that sell counterfeit crap and rip off customers.

Tip for consumers: I think we should all boycott Groupon until they decide they want to allow REAL people with genuine products to list. Seems they are only interested in allowing scam artist to dump their crap on unsuspecting victims.

nelsonu1
8/24/14

The second bad experience Iwith Groupon. I bought a cal king mattress and received a queen size, but offered to keep it if groupon refunded the difference. Groupon refused and asked me to photography the item so they could see it. After the pics they acknowledged it was their mistake and accepted the return. When I called UPS to pick up the item I found out the return shipping label groupon provided was not for that kind of item(mattress) and I had to pay about $300 to have it shipped. SInce I refused to pay, then Groupon CS decided to refund the difference and I kept the item, what was my offer since the begin.
IMPORTANT: On the main page, the item was showing FREE SHIPPING to return the item, but on the fine prints (a couple clicks after) it said the item was final sale and not returnable - very misleading to say the least - I never saw it and could've ended up with a loss of $600. I don't recommend Groupon , but if you want to buy from it, check fine prints, compare the prices making sure the description, model, etc.. are the same on regular business. I'm still shopping for the mattress and found out it's almost impossible to compare. Example, "beautyrest recharge world class" mattress has several models, but groupon does not mention which one it's offering. The prices for same brand, on Amazon.com and on the Seras store near by my home, goes from $1100 to $1600, not the $3000 for $1299 advertised on groupon. Also, on Groupon it's final sale. On Amazon and at Sears the customer gets 100 nights tryout and full refund if not satisfied.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you compare apples to apples. The Groupon site can be misleading on the item descriptions and not tell the model - you may be buying a discontinued item that can be found for cheaper somewhere else. Also, if you're trying-out the product, make sure the item can be returned. Don't trust the product advertisement (it always will say the return shippng is free) - check the fine prints to know if it can be returned.

jesg
8/23/14

I have been a customer of Groupon for almost a year now. I always got good stuff from them. But of late their products are really bad. I was so excited when I received a car vacuum that I ordered. I decided to try it immediately just to find out that it does not work.
I also ordered a iphone 5 case, but when I received it was an iphone 4 case. What do I do with it??? How can they be so careless while shipping things And above all it was an item that cannot be returned...FINAL SALE.
I was really disappointed

Tip for consumers: Better to buy things that can be returned, just in case you end up being a victim to FINAL SALE like me

chelseys2
8/22/14

I would give Groupon zero stars if I could. They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They have a so called "groupon promise" which makes you feel comfortable buying from them but this "promise" is nothing more than BS! The representative was extremely rude to me and when she put her supervisor on the phone he was just as rude and completely sided with the first lady who was totally unacceptable. I have been using Groupon for years and now I will never purchase anything from them again. What a horrible company.

vw5
8/22/14

Shell Gas deal purchased; never received voucher and stations I've visited don't accept the app version of the vouncher

terriek
8/21/14

Beware when you purchase the multiple Duracell batteries deal, most if not all of the AAA batteries were DOA, you'll need to check them all within 14 days to get a refund ...who does that? Same with nomorerack, dead. Save your money.

dannyb39
8/20/14

I recently ordered a luggage set and I never received and customer service suckkks and were rude. they don't have any answers just excuses.

I am closing my account and never will do business with Groupon.

Tip for consumers: Not worth the hassle and frustration.

barbaraj18
8/20/14

I purchased a Synergy Cellulite (Physicians Weight Loss- Manassass, VA) Groupon this time last year. They offered an extended plan at the rate of $1300.00 which included about 30 treatments over a year. Unfortunately, about the same time my mother had to have two knee replacement surgeries during the year which caused me to spend weeks on end in SC. I ended up not using 9 of the treatments before the contract expired. I acknowledge that I should have been more diligent to complete the treatment but life got in the way. I asked them on 11 August to give me until the end of month August to complete the treatment but the said NO because the contract ended on 1 August. Here is my rub, they were INITALLY unwilling to meet on any middle ground. I had to call several times before actually being able to speak with the office manager but by that time I was so upset at their lack of customer service and being given inaccurate information that I really did not want their technician performing such an intimate procedure on me. They offered to allow me to squeeze in as many treatments as I could get done over the next 11 days (end of month) but I opted to just walked away. Don't sign up for additional treatments because it is not worth the cost and you will be out of luck if you miss them.

Tip for consumers: Skip the additional treatments, pretty pricey.

racheln11
8/18/14

My star rating is based on how efficiently they handled my complaint. I booked a weekend getaway to a nearby resort for my boyfriend and I. I called the hotel one week in advance of our arrival to confirm our reservations but they had nothing on file for us, citing that they weren't sure if Groupon ever sent them our travel details at all. Worst of all the hotel was overbooked and they couldn't accommodate us even if we provided them the details of our Groupon purchase. When I called Groupon on Monday morning I was placed on hold for 30 minutes (room for improvement there) but the person I finally spoke to about receiving a refund was courteous, sympathetic and most importantly prompt about contacting the hotel and then issuing a full refund to my credit card, no questions asked. While I am iffy about whether or not I will book travel with Groupon again I will say that they were extremely prompt and efficient in solving my issue.

Tip for consumers: Booking travel? Call the hotel RIGHT AWAY and confirm that they have received the details of your reservation.

jessicak21
8/17/14

Cant get a refund for concert tickets, even if the concert is canceled! We called but they pretty much just told us it's in the small print and that we are SOL. I had never had problems prior, but I was seriously disappointed by this! They wouldn't even give us "groupon credit" which would have been a completely valid response.

vickic5
8/16/14

My husband and I went and had lunch at Kitchen 1454 and the food was great!! But, we bought a Groupon for a cooking class there and we made reservations and no one ever showed up!! There were about 15 people there and one couple drove over an hour. I had bought this for my husband for our anniversary and it was a big disappointment for us both!!

nd16
8/15/14

i bought a voucher for a thai restaurant & i had a unfortunately family illness abd couldnt use the voucher, valid for only a month, tried to call Groupon who shuffled me from person to person for a whole answer, it got harder when hardly anyone of there customer sw
service spoke english. when i finally adked for the manager, i was told there was none, unreal! i kept pushing until i finally got the socalled manager, i explained my situation, he guaranteed i would get credit back onto my account, IM STILL WAITING! shocker, just got a email from Groupon, they request evidence....groupon is a joke!!!

Tip for consumers: AVOID GROUPON....BIG MISTAKE, SERVICE IS A SHOCKER!!!

yelenat3
8/14/14

I purchased cosmetic service in January for $349 and after reading all the bad reviews about the company provided this service, just cancelled this order and got refunded.
A few months later I noticed, that I have never received my refund on my credit card back. I called to customer service and asked them, what is going on????
They said, that I have all my money on my GROUPON ACCOUNT!!!! I told them, that I will let them to keep my money on Groupon account only if they will pay me 25% interest I am paying to my credit card, they refused, but said, that I should not worry and I can use my Groupons money at any time even if I don't want to, they don't care.

Tip for consumers: Groupon is using your refund money for themselves instead of giving your money back to you.

chads10
8/13/14

Difficult to obtain a refund once a voucher is purchased even if the merchant is unwilling to honor the Groupon! I've utilized groupon several times in the past and have been happy, but they DID NOT live up to their promise to make things right when a merchant was unwilling to honor a groupon. I ended up having to call the credit card company in order to initiate a refund. You'll be disappointed with Groupon's customer service when a problem arises with their selected merchant's. In addition, the only way you will be able to solve the problem is through e-mail as they DO NOT have a contact number. In addition, the first several e-mails you receive will be canned responses from a "representative" that doesn't even seem to read the issue at hand.

stevec81
8/13/14

This company is a scam, do not ever buy from them. All they do is take your money and use every excuse why they dont no where your product is. They will never give you a straight answer about your order. They dont send you tracking number like they say your suppose to have with in 7 business days. They are very rude on the phone and dont give a $#*! about your order.

davidt84
8/12/14

I purchased vouchers. then found out that couldn't be used in my area. Groupon didn't refund stating that the vendor would contact me. Vendor didn't, nothing has happened and Groupon still has my money.

lindam109
8/12/14

I purchased Angels baseball tickets thinking I would get better seats than I could purchase on my own. Groupon does not tell you where the tickets are until game day. You find out two hours prior to the game where you can pick them up at will call. I ended up getting the worst seats ever! I paid $38 (with discount) a piece for $18 seats. I was ripped off! I could not return them and get better seats because the office was closed at the time I received my tickets. I called to complain and get some of my money back and they gave me 25 groupon bucks. Wow! I did notice that the tickets are now $6 a piece. Groupon knows they ripped me off and refused to make reparations.... But they did reduce the price of the tickets on their website which is great for people purchasing from here on.

wendelc
8/11/14

I purchased an oil change from groupon, when I tried to redeem the groupon I was told that my car only uses synthetic oil and the groupon was "useless" for that so I would need to pay full price. I tried to get my money back and Groupon said since the fine print say I may have to pay extra for upgrade then I cannot get a refund. That is fraud and I would suggest you stay away from all Groupon offer

johna320
8/10/14

There is no real savings with Groupon. I and my wife went to Fig and Olive as a couple ended up paying $160 with the tip. Where is the saving? You are only allowed to have one dessert and second desert is $12.00, one appetizer second one $10.00 and they allow you $12.00 for wine and liquor and glass of wine is $12.00. I far as I am concern, this is marketing trick, I wouldn’t call a scam, show a discount rate and hit him with exorbitant add-on.

teresag11
8/8/14

Initially, I contacted Groupon customer service to get assistance with purchasing two groupon vacation packages. During the call, CSR Eric was extremely rude to me. He abruptly shifted my attention from my sales to saying I have three accounts and how that violates Groupon policy and could result in termination of my account. Initially, I was confused about what he was referring to and asked whether he meant the accounts I helped my son and sister setup. Then I couldn't help thinking HOW could their accounts be linked to my account. I asked whether he could confirm the email address so I could make sure he was indeed referring to my account. He then advised of the email addresses which were two separate business accounts with TWO different tax I.d. numbers N O T my personal account. I repeatedly tried to explain that I called customer service a number of months ago because I was locked out of the accounts and wasn't able to recall my log in information when we opened our second and third salon so we set up a new account as well as a separate business account for the new location. Eric continued chastising me regarding the matter so I asked for his supervisor. He literally said, "lets just set the issue aside and pretend we never mentioned it". I was persistent about speaking to a supervisor and it took a lot of persistence for him to respect my wishes. CSR, Carrie took over the call and disregarded anything I had to say. It was evident that she didn't care to hear what I had to say so I told her I will not be booking the Groupon getaway. She then went from calling meMrs. Green to Theresa. I exexpressed that I don't feel we have a rapport that makes me comfortable with her calling me by my first name and repeatedly reminded her not to address me by my first name. She completely disregarded my request and said she mistakenly forgot. I asked her if she would allow me to conference a call with a supervisor because she refused to escalate the call. She kept telling me she will not allow me to conference her in on a call with the management team. She abruptly hung up on me. When I called back, a man named Ien said he is on the same team as Carrie and he will not be escalating the call because both him and Carrie are the absolute highest in the chain of command. I told him that I have a direct extension for a manager but my call went to voicemail. He responded, "you can call your friend back then". I was horrified that Ien seemed to be patronizing me. I explained that I will be filing a chargeback for ALL the unused Groupons on my account during the time that I was locked out of the account and they have since expired. I will also be purchasing my vacation vouchers from Living Social! Today, Groupon has shown me that they have absolutely no regard for customers! Groupon has also demonstrated poor customer service. I find it mind boggling that my sales transaction shifted from closing the sale to chatising me about the business account verses the personal account. At this time, I will aggressively share my horrible experience on websites that accept Groupon reviews! It is my hope that Carrie and Ien will understand that they are not the highest level of management that a customer can reach for customer service!!!!

wendis
8/5/14

Wish I could leave a negative star rating. This site is the worst! You can find the same deals by googling most of what they offer on the site and not have to wait weeks for your order to be fulfilled. Customer service is a joke and trying to find a way to ask a question and get a legit response is an effort in futility. Buyer beware.

bryany3
8/5/14

groupon really sucks. charged me $382. And I requested the cancellation. And they just refunded me $143. The customer service really sucks. And the shipping processing is extremely slow.

ginnyg
8/4/14

I love Groupon! Have purchased a lot from them, always great deals, and what I like best about them is that if I'm dissatisfied with a purchase, they correct it immediately, even if it's w/ the company I purchased the goods/services! They rock! Great customer service!

nimas2
8/4/14

First time buyer. Purchased an Xtreme 2600mAh Portable Battery Charger. Doesn't work when you need it even fully loaded. Needed it today on the road,.....didn't work at all.

Very disappointed.

mariaz9
7/30/14

Purchased the teeth whitening kit in June it is nearly august now I still have not received my item, I have called up several times regarding this matter each time they say it will arrive the following week. NO IT STILL HASNT ARRIVED! worst customer service ever, awful company, all I ask for is a full refund how bloody hard is that?

loum27
7/30/14

I ordered an e-cigarette package on the 2nd July, was told it would arrive within 7 working days. It is now the 30th July almost a MONTH later and there is still no product. I have been in contact with the complaints team throughout this month who at first lied to me and told me it should be there "in the next few days" (I heard this a lot), however they have now told me that they have absolutely no idea when it will come as they didn't bother to track the package so it may not arrive, and will not send another. When I asked if there was any update with it 7 days later, I got a sarcastic reply which read "it appears you didn't read my previous email"...yes I did, I wanted more info! Best not to use this company as this isn't the first time it has ended in disappointment with me.

veeveel
7/25/14

NEVER BUY THEIR PRODUCT. It's either fake or cheaply made. For example, their shoe rack that's suppose to hold 50 shoes broke within the first 2 days and I spent more money reinforcing the structure than the rack itself. Contacted customer service and said pretty much too bad so sad. No refunds. Hate them.

ewaw1
7/25/14

very bad bad experience!!! I bought the mascara on special deal and never receive it! After 15 days delay I emailed them once and had the email back to wait as they dispatched it, I did not receive so after another 7 days I emailed them and there is no answer back for any of my emails. Never going to use Groupon again.

angiee1
7/24/14

Dont buy vacation deals from groupon pd almost $1200 including hidden fees for a rat hole! Dont waste your money!

hk20
7/24/14

They sold me a PowerBank that DOESN'T work for $15.
There are website that sell this same product for $5
Ebay, China websites and Groupon says "14 day delivery" past.
Well, they put order after 1 week and deliver in 1 week, so there goes the 14 DAYS RETURN after PURCHASE!

Are you $#*!ing kidding me?

tfh
7/22/14

I have read several posts stating that Groupon is selling scam items etc. WELL as a business owner that did a run with Groupon let me tell you - IT IS WORSE THAN THAT! They are running specials and collecting money for items and goods they DON'T EVEN HAVE TO SELL YOU! They did this with my product line!!! I did a small run in August 2013. At best they could have only had 2 extra bottles. In December I was contacted by a consumer saying they had purchased but then Groupon cancelled the order - ????? I filled the order for her but had no idea what it was all about. More recently I logged into my merchant dashboard to discover that they had offered the special again this April selling 131 units - all refunded after 30 - 60 days. THEY HAD NO CONTRACT AND NO AUTHORIZATION TO DO THIS - NOR DID THEY HAVE THE PRODUCT ON HAND TO SELL. This is out and out fraud and you can be I will be pursing this matter legally. DO NOT DEAL WITH GROUPON!

aderc
7/22/14

Stay away from Groupon. They are cheats! They never honour anything; i had the worst consumer experience ever. ..posting from Singapore.

jerrys38
7/21/14

Truly dreadful experience. 2 weeks and still waiting for my order. Costumer service didn't bother to inform me about the issue, not when I contacted them they responded in a hazy manner kindly informing me that the problem lies on the vendor's side and there is nothing that they can do about it. Waste of time and money.

victorl24
7/20/14

just wanted to leave a good review following my experience with groupon customer service. I was having trouble ordering a knife set from my phone so I called in. Crystal helped me place the order and even gave me a $5 credit for the error on their site. Yay! Now just keep your fingers crossed for timely delivery and I will be even happier.

Thanks,
Vic

js120
7/18/14

I'm not even sure what to say, rip-off, yes. I ordered a set of 6 towels, paid and I received 2 towels. Before this, I received someone elses order, while I never did get mine. I will not buy from groupon again. Too many bad experiences. Not worth it.

pinkif
7/16/14

Possibly the worse customer service ever from a company. I work as marketing for a big company and I constantly get cold calls from Groupon and it's very annoying to the point I just hung up on them and it's no point of telling them off because it's always a different sales rep calling. I do not want to associate with this company, they don't want my business therefore I don't want to give them business, why?

As a former customer they accused me of scamming and basically closed my account which I had no idea what I did wrong but making purchases. When I try to email them what was the reason they shut down my account they didn't gave me a reason and flat out said they don't want my business anymore. Seriously what did I do because I have no idea! I have accounts with groupon and living social but it looks like I will only stick with living social.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
heathers3
A: What does this have to do with groupon.com?
4/25/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon