US Government's NSF

Groupon reviews

support@groupon.com

913 Reviews for Groupon.com

Review Highlights

“Where is the Group On coupon?” Dan Abushanab demands.

I paid for my voucher and my order was never fulfilled.

Not enough customer demand means it's down here from there.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

2/24/14

NEVER EVER use this company! I ordered products nearly 3 weeks ago, they billed my credit card twice and duplicated the order. It STILL has not shipped and then they tell me that I can't do anything about getting a credit to my account until I receive the duplicate, then I can return it and then they have 30 days to credit my account, for their mistake.

2/22/14

I'm totally unsatisfied with your service. I've ordered a pocket knife from groupon since 6/2/2014, but the parcel haven't reach after seven days of working day. And I wanted your staff to reconfirm with Skynet, they even wanted me to call Skynet and settle by myself. I've paid you, aren't this supposed to be your responsible? If I'm going to settle with Skynet by myself. why don't I just go buy the pocket knife myself? It's a gift for my friend at Valentine's day, and your company had made it late for how many days? Even it's Skynet's problem, aren't your staffs supposed to follow up with Skynet? This is too ridiculous. I can't accept such service!

I don't even know my parcel had reach my college or not, but I just wanted to suggest to your company, please give out tracking number to your customer if your company can't handle even a single parcel!

2/22/14

I have had good experiences with Groupon until recently. Now I will never use Groupon and I will share my experience with everyone so save them from the same inconvenience.

I ordered a 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Card 2 months ago. I received a tracking # from DHL and waited, expecting that my item was sent as Groupon told me it was. Weeks go by. No update on the DHL tracking info and no update from Groupon. I contacted Groupon's customer service last month and was told:

"We know it’s been a while since you’ve gotten an update on your order, and we don’t want you to feel left in the dark. As of right now, it looks like your order is still without tracking information, and it likely won’t be arriving within the time frame that we promised in the Fine Print. We’re so sorry about this.

Although we don’t have a new delivery estimate to share with you yet, please know that we’re doing everything we can to ship your order as soon as possible. When we have a tracking number or another update on your order’s status, we’ll let you know right away. We’re confident that your item will ship soon, but we understand that this news may change your plans. If you prefer not to wait any longer, I'd be happy to issue a refund to your Groupon account to be used for future purchases, or to your original form of payment. Please let me know which you prefer. If you wish to wait for the product, you're certainly welcome to do so. Tracking may still become available, and at that time, we'll be able to give you more information regarding a delivery date."

Another month goes by. No updates. No card. I contact Groupon's customer support again asking when I can expect to have an update or expect my item to be shipped. I also specifically said that I do NOT want a refund. I want to wait for my item.

Well, this morning I get a message from the customer support representative named "Sheeba" saying:

"I can't apologize enough for the delay. Of course, this is not the experience we want you to have when using Groupon. At this point, I can no longer provide any further updates on your order's status, so I've issued you a full refund and removed this Groupon from your account. Please allow up to 10 business days for this to be reflected on your statement. Situations like this can sometimes occur due to an unexpected inventory shortage or a complication with the shipment while in transit; but obviously, this is not the outcome we had hoped for."

So... not only did they give me a refund after I specifically said NOT TO, they are still selling the 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Card on Groupon when they obviously are unable to fulfill the orders!

Looks like a scam. Sounds like a scam. Must be a scam.

I will never use Groupon again and I plan to tell everyone I know about my bad experience and post reviews all over the Internet to warn others. Buyer beware!

2/21/14

So I ordered a tablet from GROUPON and they gave me a fake tracking number, said they shipped it via DHL, I checked the tracking number and it was fake! DHL said they never received the package, so I call GROUPON back and they said no we have not shipped it, yes the number we gave you is not valid!
But we are very sorry, your purchase is in our system and we have no idea when we will ship...but we are so sorry.
DON'T BUY GROUPON!!

2/20/14

Their customer service is so pathetic. I've had many issues with this company's goods services and only complained twice. Their solution? "We're sorry."

2/20/14

If you purchase services:
> I have purchased several services thorugh Groupon and
>> The companies tend to be rude to Grouponers
>> The cleaning services rarely want to compeltely honor offer or fail to provide decent service.
> I recently purchased two different products from Groupon and it has taken 15 days JUST TO SHIP.

2/19/14

I've bought several items from Groupon with no issues... Tickets to the museum which were redeemed seamlessly, some games and dvds from groupon goods that arrived as expected with no issues, a restaurant voucher that was redeemed with not issues and an oil change package. I love Groupon! I even have the app on my phone. No complaints here

2/18/14

Will not sort by distance - gives me results 35 miles away! I am not going to drive 100 miles for a half price dinner IDIOTS! hat this website!

2/17/14

Be very careful. We bought a group on for a boutique hotel stay in New York City. We arrived, and they would not honor the groupon. The hotel said we should take it up with groupon, groupon said to take it up with the hotel. Obviously we had to pay, again to the hotel. The Groupon voucher clearly, in print, states, "if they don't accept this, we will refund your money". Except in this case, which is now part of a class action suit. No money refunded, no information, just "wait for the class action suit to be resolved". If you aren't willing to lose all your payment, be very careful buying these.

2/17/14

I purchased a Groupon to a local restaurant which expired before I got a chance to use it. I asked Groupon to refund the money a few days prior to the expiration date since I was not able to get a reservation on the dates that my husband was not traveling for work. I was told my Groupon that if I made the reservation prior to the expiration date, that the Groupon would be honored even if the reservation was made for a date after the expiration date. I made the reservation and I was told by the restaurant that they had never heard of such a thing and that it would not be honored. There were many emails back and forth to Groupon, which made me even more frustrated because I had to keep explaining the same thing over and over again, eventhough the communications were with the same person.

I feel as though they do not care about customers and will say anything not to give money back. This has been the most frustating situation I've ever had to deal with.

2/13/14

Ordered an anniversary present 2 weeks ahead of time. Money deducted from my account the very next day. Their delivery promise was for 10-12 days. Past that time limit, I get an email about a delay. A month after the order was place, I get a notice of cancellation because of lack of supply. They would not give me any details about the supplier and my money will be refunded only in 5-10 days. If they can deduct the money in a day why cant they refund it? Also it is like I gave them an interest-free loan. Is it possible to file a class action suit against the company/

2/12/14

My disappointment is with Groupon Goods. I ordered a speaker with them and one attempt to the deliver the package was made. The address I submitted was correct and verified. When I called to see what happened Groupon said it was being returned to the shipper and they would have to reimburse me because the deal was no longer on. So if for ANY reason a package is returned you lose out on what you purchased. This is NOT in the fine print. They said there was nothing they could do for me and that was that. Do yourself a favor and don't risk ordering from this company. You're better off going with Amazon even if you pay a bit more. The customer at Amazon is better and shipping will likely be free.

2/12/14

I was in touch with a customer service representative there named Josh. He was the most pretentious person I've ever dealt with. I told him that I had a $10 off coupon that I wanted to use, and he talked to me as if I was a child who made up the coupon. I specifically told him that it was for upgrading my app, and his words were 'only certain customers get that promotion during certain times'. Because I would want to call in, put on hold for 10 minutes, for a coupon I made up - he told me he had no record of that promotion and acted like I just made it up. Can anyone just get a job at Groupon? It sure seems like it. Josh obviously had no idea what I was talking about, even when I tried to explain to him that this was stated on my app, and I even told my boyfriend to upgrade so he could use the $10 off as well. It worked for my boyfriend, but not for me. Josh goes on to suggest that maybe my boyfriend had an invitation/email and I got the idea off my boyfriend which is why i'm calling in. I'M THE ONE WHO TOLD HIM ABOUT IT. It's really odd to me that Groupon runs promotions which their workers are clueless about. They should train their staff to be more knowledgeable and to not talk to customers of many years in such a belittling tone. Worst customer service experience I've ever dealt with. I've heard many complaints from my friends over the years about Groupon's customer service, i'm sad to say how correct they were. I will never deal with them or reps like Josh again. The least they could have done was offer me a discount for my time.

2/12/14

This is specifically for groupon goods. What should you expect? Order a product. Pay for it . Never receive it. Groupon insists it was delivered and not their problem Ahh but it is their problem - They charge shipping which means they have a contract to get you the goods. I have now referred this to the Michigan State attorney generals office - in a case of deceptive business practices and fraud. The groupon customer service is arrogant and feels untouchable, Time to shut them down!

2/9/14

Buyers beware! Ordered a pearl bracelet with silver monogram the first of December as a gift. Didn't arrive until the third week of January. Received a bracelet with no monogram. Now being told by Groupon that there Is nothing they can do but refund money. DO NOT buy from Groupon unless you can print out the coupon and go pick up the item yourself!

2/7/14

TERRIBLE. They have messed my order up 2/4 times!
I bought a food groupon and tried to use it, but they said I couldn't because it had already been used! I checked the website and it said it was already used. After about 2 weeks of back and forth with Groupon emails, I signed into my account and it said that my groupon had not be used! Groupon representatives never told me that they had fixed the error at all. There is a disconnect between their representatives and their website.

Most recently, I bought a two-pack of facial brushes, but only received ONE facial brush. Doesn't two-pack mean it comes with TWO? I definitely would not have paid $21 for ONE brush. I don't even know who to contact for help to figure this out.

After this, I will never use Groupon again. I've learned my lesson.

2/7/14

I am very disappointed with Groupon, I ordered a Groupon voucher for a getaway, however, we were unable to use it, we were not worried as the voucher said: You can always us this Groupon voucher for the amount paid, which NEVER EXPIRES. I called Groupon hoping to book a trip and use the amount the voucher was worth but I was told it was only good at the original hotel, at whatever the price the hotel charged. I have to say that I am very upset by the way Groupon advertises itself. I will never order from them again, nor will I ever recommend them.

2/7/14

i have purchase spa offer from groupon but when i tried taking appointment that parlor lady started shouting and using abusing language don't buy anything from groupon my many friends have very bad experience about it. they provide poor service. now i am waiting for my refund. let's see when i get it.

2/6/14

I ordered groupon goods twice and had to wait for 2-3 weeks due to their slow shipping speed!! Finally I didn't receive an order and when complained, they said my address was not right!!!! What a horrible customer service!! Thy also charge $2.99 shipping for goods which are less than $14.99..
I ordered a so- called diamond hoop earrings again. Received it today and it looks so crappy..like a cheap metal ans no stones at all!! In the groupon ad it was mentioned as 1/10th carot diamonds with clarity J n all bull$#*! ....
Shut down your bloody company "groupon"!!

2/3/14

This website is garbage. I purchased a '$20 for $40 American Apparel' groupon in November and the same day tried the coupon and it didn't work. I emailed groupon and they told me to contact the merchant directly, so I did. I called American Apparel and they told me they'd send me another groupon code because the one I had 'cancelled' before I even used it. So I waited for my new code to be sent to my email and waited almost a month and didn't get a new code. I emailed groupon 5 times and they kept telling me to contact American Apparel. On one email, I didn't get an automated email and got a real person, Priya, and she replied with "I'll see what I can do" and never replied after that. Finally I called groupon customer service and the first guy was sighing after every sentence I said and was very unprofessional and rude. As I was receiving my groupon code for him, he told me to hold the phone as there was another line. I did and he hung up on me after 5 minutes. I called back again and the second guy was much nicer but told me that he couldn't do anything except tell the Groupon board about the problem. My coupon expired 3 days ago and they told me they couldn't refund me because it expired. It's expired because their customer service on email took 2 weeks to reply, every time.
Groupon is complete $#*!. I'm NEVER buying from this $#*! company again.

2/3/14

Had long been registered, decided to purchase a coupon form them. Could not get the purchase to go thru, they had no record of my email, (though they sent the offer to the same email), Re-opened an account with a continued lack of success. Emailed them with a total two way exchange of 9 emails to finally reach a point where I was told that they cannot send the coupon to my PO Box, yet they only ship by Mail? Huh?? Many of us in small town rural America have a PO Box as opposed to home delivery. It was suggested that I have it sent to a friend. My wife and I are successful middle aged business people, and I am supposed to have things sent to a friends house to pick them up? I think not. I replied, "I have a better idea, I'm done with Groupon, I'm out of here", and I unsubscribed from a site that is clearly a joke.

2/1/14

I bought an Episonic facial brush from them. Shouldn't even mention that the delivery took forever. But that's not the worst. I received a USED one instead of NEW. Can you imagine buying a pair of USED panties? That's what my reaction was. The item is moreover unreturnable. But if they refuse, I will just lawsuit them.

1/27/14

A business refused to honor my expired Groupon for price I paid for it (not promotional value, but paid value). I contacted Groupon and they at first refused to give me a refund saying I should try again with the company. No dice. Then they said they would look into it and contact the business. No good. Then they said they would take care of this and they refunded my groupon to a card that was from a bank that didn't exist anymore. They didn't ask me first what I would prefer--credit to use on another Groupon or a refund on my card. Customer service both on email and phone were unsupportive, unresponsive and unhelpful. Theya re policy driven, unsympathetic, unthinking drones who can't answer a question that is not on their script. I may never see this $20 again and they refuse to refund a different groupon I have that I can no longer use due to life-threatening illness and medical problems. They said that's too bad, they won't refund it, I should give it away to someone. Like the loss of $30 is nothing and I should not be concerned about it. Jerks!

1/25/14

I bought two watches on Dec 18th , 2013. I received emails telling me they didn't forget my order and they were processing the order two weeks later. But today is Jan. 27, 2014 and I didn't receive the order. So I went to check my order status, and found the status is still in process and so I clicked on the "tracking order", a noticed showed up saying the order doesn't exist because it has been canceled. Nobody emailed me about this canceling and I was forgotten by Groupon .

1/24/14

It is not groupon so much that sucks, it is the $#*!ty people that buy from the damn site. They buy something at a bargain price, and they want royal or deluxe treatment. The people that buy from the this site, or any other sites like this, are the $#*!tiest and winiest, and stupidest i have ever encountered. I think that sites like this should be removed, it is bad for business. Most people, never got a good customer from it. Most of these people keep looking for stupid bargains. groupon, living social, etc, are bad for business.

1/24/14

Groupon is okay for the occasional bargain goods. Shipping takes forever and some of the items are of questionable quality, but I've a had a few great deals that have made up for some of the more regrettable purchases. However, after using Groupon to book a hotel stay, I think I may be finished with this company. The customer service was terrible!! After checking, I realized I could've gotten the same rate directly through the hotel's website. Never again. The people I talked to from groupon on the phone were so rude!

1/24/14

Ordered some skirts from Groupon Goods on Jan 3rd. Now 21 days later and I still have not received my purchase. The products ship from Los Angeles and I live in San Diego. I can find no reason that it should take 21+ days to ship between those locations. If you read the fine print, their "normal shipping time" is 2 1/2 weeks, which is just ridiculous to begin with, but they can't even make it within that timeframe?!?! I will never be purchasing from this site again!!

1/23/14

I no longer trust Groupon. While I have never had a problem with their service per se, I have become increasingly concerned about the authenticity of products they are offering and the legitimacy of the sellers they work with. I have posted, several times, inquiries regarding their policy for determining these points before advertising deals but have never received a response. Some of these product deals truly fall in the "too good to be true" and with counterfeiting rampant, I am no longer going to put my health and safety at risk if they can't be bothered to even acknowledge the potential and address concerns.

1/22/14

No matter what I have purchased from Groupon- they stand by their offerings. I accidentally redeemed a coupon for instance and right away I got assistance in starting over.
Another time I was unhappy with a service I had purchased through Groupon. Groupon refunded my money and tried to assist in resolving the issue with the vendor.
They offer wonderful coupons and services. I even have the App on my phone. Makes gift giving fun and easy as well!

1/22/14
We have been using Groupon for quite some time. Had a very bad experience in the past when we purchase a voucher for a French restaurant in Ft.Lauderdale, when the bill came we gave the groupon to the waiter and he said to us that they no longer take Groupon and they have been trying to get it removed from Groupon.com but any intent has been a waist of time for them, luckily we have the money to pay the bill but I can only imagine the embarrassment if we didn't! We are loyal customers of that restaurant and know the owner, they are good people and I know they were not lying as Groupon refund us. We decided to give it another try and have been using it for at least another year since then.
On December 18th, 2014 I purchase a Monogram necklace for my sons girlfriend, her birthday was 2 days ago and never received the necklace. I have been trying to resolve the issue for over a week with the monogram company as we didn't received the necklace on time but they did charge my bank account immediately!, Yesterday I received an email from the monogram company saying that my order has been canceled and still don't know by who? I contacted Groupon and they did offer me a refund which obviously I accept as I'm not giving my money away! Unfortunately the refund doesn't fix that my son now looks horrible with his girlfriend and even like a liar as he had offer her the necklace but the rude customer service representative stated that they will take up to 10 days to refund us the money! I said to him you debit my account immediately but now you will take 10 days to give me the money back? His answer was, you need to talk to your bank about that as is not us! How did he knows that within seconds of the conversation without contacting my bank? I will advise everyone to stay away from Groupon as is a scam and you will not received what they offer! I gave it the benefit of the doubt with the 1st fiasco but will never use it again, they should be out of business.

1/21/14

Horrible horrible Horrible! !!!! Do NOT place an order with groupon goods. I called these clowns to find out where my boots were that I had ordered a month ago. Still did not receive them and was given a non working tracking number that has been in process for a month! !! Called customer service was a waste of time. How can a company that is willing to take your money have no information on where the location of the product your ordered is. Oh and the 'manufacturer' of these boots is a big secret and cannot be contacted by individuals steer clear from Groupon such a scam!!

1/18/14

I've never called a company to complain before, however I've made an exception for Groupon - after ordering an item on Christmas Day with an expected delivery time of 7 working days and having not received it last week, I sent 3 emails to them with no reply, then after checking my account on their website I saw they had credited it with the funds from the item and no explanation why. Upon calling their unhelpful helpline and being in the queue for 20 minutes, and listening to a recorded message repeatedly telling me "we are experiencing high call volumes" (why am I not surprised) I got told they lost it in the post and there were no other items to send in their warehouse... Thank you very much for contacting me and telling me this information... And they won't even refund the money back to my bank account. I now have Groupon "credit" which I will never use and won't get my money back... Absolutely useless, waste of time and money - SHAM of a company. I advise everyone to never use this disgraceful company... This is also the message I left on their FB page in which I received a reply stating my complaint had been passed onto the UK team to look into.... Almost a week ago and still NOTHING! Worst customer service I have ever experienced... And I'm still £19 out of pocket and I've had to buy a replacement gift from elsewhere for double the price... I cannot stress this anymore, don't ever purchase from these people, they are thieving pigs

1/17/14

I purchased two get away vouchers, confirmed with Air Bridge Travel, but when it was time to fly they failed to present me a confirmation number for air tickets. Called to the hotel - reservation has never been made. Worst service ever. They might refund me the money, they have not done it yet, but that's not the case: they hold this amount for half a year doing nothing. It's a smack! Never deal with them!

1/14/14

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!

I ORDERED A PAIR OF SHOES OVER 10 DAYS AGO & WENT TO TRACK IT SINCE I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING AND IT SAYS "AWAITING FULFILLMENT" I EMAILED CUSTOMER SERVICE & I WAS GIVEN THE RUNAROUND... I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN THE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WAS TOLD THAT I NEED TO "WAIT THE 12 DAYS NOTED ON THE FINE PRINT"... THIS IS RIDICULOUS. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM GROUPON!!!!! THEY SUCK.

1/13/14

Terrible service! Ordered a pair of headphones over 4 weeks ago and nothing received yet, been trying to contact customer services for 3 days now but they always seem to be "busy" and cant take calls. Feels like it's a scam. STAY WELL AWAY!!

1/12/14

I ordered two Google Nexus Tablets (for $300+) on 12/8/2013 as Christmas gifts. Groupon indicated that these would be delivered to my home no later than 12 days from the order date in plenty of time for Christmas. After frequently tracking my order and seeing "Awaiting fulfillment" I realized that I was not going to get these in time for Christmas. Instead, my kids got to open a corny Card that Groupon emailed to me with an apology for the delay and that they would be getting their tablets soon. On 1/10/2013, the tracking information no longer said "Awaiting Fulfillment", but rather says "Order Cancelled", meaning that without any notice to me Groupon has cancelled this order and has made no effort to contact me with any explanation or apology. I have purchased some cool things on Groupon in the past, but this is experience has ruined any chance that I will ever place another order.

1/10/14

Terrible experience with Vaporizer product that simply does not work. Groupon should not be promoting sketchy companies like this 'D&W' vaporizer knock off. I cannot get in contact with D&W after multiple attempts and groupon has outsourced their customer service department and send me template emails to 'help' me resolve my issue.

1/10/14

I had great experience with Groupon through out all my purchases & return as well. All my purchases via my phone too. I got email to let me know that the product might arrive late, which showed that they didn't forget about me. I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. So far all my items that I purchased were free shipping & free return. Easy & hassle free. I would recommend to everyone that read the fine print before you order b/c some sellers return policy on Groupon are different than other.

1/10/14

Wow! What a poor excuse of a company! Ordered a laptop case that was to arrive in7 days. Two months later get an email saying they had to cancel it because of low inventory! WHAAAAT!!! If anyone else ran their biz this way they would be out of business In a heartbeat. PATHETIC GROUPON

1/10/14

I purchased a Christmas present through Groupon Goods Global GmbH, I will NEVER use them again, firstly the product was wrong (was meant to be wireless headphones, they weren't wireless), I then sent an email straight away and returned the product at the first possible chances. After 2 emails and 4 phone calls I've only had one email back which gave me no further information. Their Customer Service is shocking (the actual people who deal with the complaints are helpful enough but can't actually tell you anything) they can't advertise products correctly or do any kind of exchange for the actual product I paid for. DO NOT USE

1/10/14

Please trust me and never use this site. Go to Living Social, go anywhere but here. There are a multitude of hidden conditions attached to each purchase and at the end of the day you will find yourself frustrated, wasting time and not getting the service you paid for and they immediately took from you. Customer service wait is a minimum of 15 minutes with untrained staff chock full of attitude.This site will not be flourishing in the near future. Jump ship and go somewhere that values a customer and honors a purchase, Fire the CEO for starters, someone's not doing their job.

1/9/14

I ordered a 10 in. Double Power tablet on Dec. 23,2013. They charged my credit card account the same day and as of 01/09/2014 I am still waiting for it to arrive. I sent them an email regarding my order and received typical auto generated respond. I called them on 1/6/14 regarding my order. The man " Brook" told me that orders take 12 business day to go to shipping department and it will take days for me to receive it. Today, I received another email from them notifying me they have no idea when the order will be shipped. I responded and requested a cancellation and asked them to credit back my credit card account. I thought this was just a one time screw up but looking at the other people reviews, I realized that that is their business model " take the order, charge their account and let them to chase their order". it seems to be their mode of operation and I will never deal with them again

1/8/14

Very extremely disappointed by Groupon. We paid > $300 for 4 tickets to a Murder Mystery dinner show that didnt exist! They accepted our payment, and took our reservations! We showed up with our friends for a special evening. We were told by the doorman, oh, that dinner theater went out of business and hasnt played at this site for over two months! They took our money and reservations knowing there was no show! Do not believe anything Groupon says! Do not patronize Groupon. It is a fraud.

1/8/14

I ordered a 10 in. Double Power tablet on Dec. 21,2013 and as of 01/08/2014 I am still waiting for it to arrive. Can not receive any response to e-mails other than generic "will get back to you as soon as possible........" and no tracking of any kind. I ordered a chromebook back in Nov. and it took over 3 weeks to receive, with no tracking available. I thought this was just a one time screw up. After two orders with Groupon, it is definately their mode of operation and I will never deal with them again. I have received orders from China faster and with better communications.

1/7/14

So...I bought a vibrator. One of the selling points was "arrives in discrete packaging." This was important, as I have to get my mail from a doorman in my apartment building. Groupon's version of "discrete" = a bag, which any idiot could clearly see/feel that the bag contained a sex toy.

I should add that my doorman was very eager to tell my I'd received a package. Now I can't show my face to this creep ever again. Oh wait, he's my door guy, so I have to see him every time I enter or leave my apartment.

1/7/14

I usually get restaurant groupons which work fine. Be sure to read the fine print.
In November 2013 I placed 3 separate orders for some nice egyptian cotton jacquard towels. Maybe Groupon was confused because I placed 3 separate orders. Orders #1 and #2 were fine. Order #3 was a disaster. My receipt showed I ordered 3 sets. Correct. My total was $101.97+tax. Looking at my order history I was mailed and charged for 4 sets = $144.52. This entire order was returned but I was only refunded $36.13. Really? On Dec 5, 2013 I emailed Groupon to notify them of the error. I received a confirmation email, but no correction. Yesterday, Jan 6, 2014 I sent another email. I decided to call today since the 1st email was ignored.
I spoke to a rude customer service agent who told me that during our conversation "I Was repeating myself," that "Yes, he could see that my email was in BOLD LETTERS!" and seemed to be anxious to get off the phone. Yes, he could see the oversight on Groupon's part and confirmed that I had legitimate concerns yet brushed if off and said that Groupon would respond within 2-3 days. And when I asked about the discrepancies in the initial charges ($144.52 charge for 3 sets of towels that should have been $101.97+tax) he brushed it off AGAIN saying that I had noted it in my email - which I had not. My email was referring to the discrepancy in the refund amount. Clearly he had better things to do and wanted to get me off the phone because he would not spend the time to look at the detail of my 3 orders to find out that I was clearly overcharged for the Ivory towels. Instead of "keeping him on the phone" I decided to put my concerns in writing and send a 3rd email to tell Groupon about all the errors. I have already receive the automated email stating that they will try to respond within 24 hours, but based on past history I'm sure it will not happen. I wish GROUPON would FOCUS MORE ON CUSTOMER SERVICE, otherwise purchasing GROUPON products are not worth my time or money.

1/7/14

This is my favourite deals website.
I usually buy only restaurant deals, and I am often happy with my experience. After taxes and generous tips, I don't feel that I save 50%, but I still appreciate a good discount. It's nice to try local eateries that I would otherwise never go to. Sometimes, they offer discounts to very nice places.
I would not buy their products, however. I know Teambuy is selling junk products and I have no intention of finding how good Groupon's products are.

1/7/14

Ordered a towel set on 11/22 and tried tracking many times. Contacted shipping company and they said I had to go through sender because, while the shipment was given a tracking number, they couldn't see it anywhere. When I did, they told me that they had oversold this item and didn't have a towel set for me. So, over 45 days later, I had to contact them to get this information instead of them having a max they could sell. I have not had negative experiences with purchasing groupons that are a e-gift certificate and will NEVER again buy an actual product on here. Then, when they refunded me, they told me they added Groupon Bucks to my account. AS IF I want to buy again from them anytime soon. I will say, when I told them that was completely unsatisfactory, they did change their tune and give me a credit card reimbursement. Still, an F for them for not telling me they didn't have my product and immediately refunding me (or, better yet, not selling items they didn't have).

1/6/14

After multiple negative experiences with Groupon I'm finally fed up. Orders never arrive in a timely manner. No tracking information. Things arrive broken/not functioning consistently. I have now been waiting for an order for nearly a month. If it ever does arrive I am going to have to have it forwarded to my current location as I had to return to graduate school for the start of the new semester before the package arrived. This package has yet to be fulfilled according to the information available online. Do not shop with groupon until they get their act together again, if you do, prepare for disappointment.

1/6/14

Ordered Beats by Dr Dre Nov 18 for Christmas gift. Groupon was proud to advertise they sold over 10K of these! Well, as of today, 1/6/2014, still no Beats. I have a tracking number from UPS that says only that the printing/shipping label was created but the manuf has not shipped package yet. The creation of the shipping label was created to play a game with the order fulfillment status! I called Groupon and their only resolution is to refund my money which I appreciate but I WANT MY BEATS that I was under the expectation of receiving when I purchased. I have used Groupon for out of country travel as well as for restaurant dining and have always had great experiences so I am disappointed that Groupon is working with a shady vendor on the Beats.

The Best Daily Deals Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber