US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

robinr24

Tried for almost 3 weeks to resolve my issue using email and Groupon's posted customer service number - and nothing. (in 340 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 69 reviews)

debbiee3

Just got back from a vacation 2 weeks ago where we bought the hotel room with a groupon. (in 44 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

charlottel5

like it

jamesb214
5/11/15

Over the years this website has gone with less than good deals.

dianar23
5/11/15

I check Groupon daily and use their local deals often. The only complaint I have is that some of the 'goods" deals take forever to arrive. Especially save$ with beauty and health and restaurant deals. I have also purchased many gifts such as facials or massage on groupon, again could not depend on a goods deal to arrive in a timely manner.

pamc13
5/11/15

So far everything I have purchased has been exactly what they advertised. I have purchased Golf packages, nail salon certificates, massage packages, and other things along these lines. No hidden fees or hidden prints.

yorim
5/11/15

hey, i've been a groupon fan for a long time but not any more. purchased a vacation getaway voucher and then tried to contact the travel agent. good luck trying, as the agents phone number (travel by jen) is out of service. groupon is making a big mistake when they don't do adequate research before selling these expensive offers.

lalits3
5/11/15

Please do not take anything from Groupon as they take the money and will give nothing. I have booked hotel from Groupon and confirmed over phone but when we visited that place the hotel owner told us that there is no any booking over here through Groupon. After several mails to Groupon we have not received our money back. Even you could not find the number on time. So please don't go with Groupon.

annes39
5/11/15

Placed order for mixed traditional meats at £29.00 at last minute they confirmed delivery and when I looked at the order they had changed it to chicken box, instead of pork, steak, chicken and mince beef they were sending me chicken breasts chicken thighs and wings.
No comparison and you can't speak to them by phone to discuss the order.
Don't buy from this company

judyb31
5/10/15

I bought a perfume on groupon that I've bought a dozen times at Macys and JCPennys. The one I received from Groupon was the wrong color and smelled musty and old. It was clearly defective and not at all what was shown on the website. I have been trying to get a refund or credit for weeks. Groupon says a refund or credit is granted if product is damaged or defective... But even after sending pictures they do not stand behind their promises.

ejf
5/10/15

Groupon sent three product orders to the wrong address clear across the state from me. It was the address of a friend that I had once sent a gift Groupon to. I contacted CS and after four email exchanges they could not even understand the problem. They ended with there was nothing they could do since the products had already been delivered. They made no effort to acknowledge their mistake or to help get
the items forwarded to me. IM THROUGH WITH GROUPON AND THEIR OFF-SHORE CS FOREVER.

larrym61
5/10/15

I live in Canada got the deal for a hotel in Canada - Niagara Falls and Groupon charges me in US dollars? I could have just called the hotel direct and booked cheaper. When I read the fine print showed nothing for Us only said I would pay parking 30 CAD and a couple other CAD were pointed out. When I booked the deal it showed on my receipt $187.00 didn't say CAD or US. I emailed CSR at Groupon they said I should have read the fine print it says US and I say BS so watch yourself with this company they rip you off as if you need to even read fine print to see what you are charge. I will never use them again they danced around all my emails. They even removed the deal from my profile now cause it says nothing about US.

shivkanthy
5/9/15

tried a lot of deals in restaurent

steves150
5/9/15

Used Groupon until they forced me to view X-rated products for sale without my consent. Would not let a child use the application unless you want them to see vibrators, ejaculation items, vibrating panties, etc. Is Groupon in such financial trouble they have to compromise their company valued.

mariselam2
5/7/15

Great deals On my favorite places

tinaj21
5/5/15

I purchased the laser vein treatment. I have had the saline treatment and been very satisfied with instant results. I find once i have purchased the treatment takes 8 weeks to see results and most people need 2-3 treatments. It is painful may leave burns and bruises. During the 8 weeks you must avoid sun. My reason for treatment was to have nice legs for my vacation in April. My vacation was 6 weeks after treatment becuase they were booked up for 2 weeks. My viens looked worse not better after 6 weeks. I did not want to do another treatment and wait another 6-8 weeks to see if it worked, or i would maybe need 3 treatments. This would be a total of 16 weeks for 2 treatments. It will be July by time i can be in the sun. I expressed my dissatisaction , and was told that i was jumping the gun. I need to give it 2-3 sessions to see if it works. Also there are no guarentees. I should have done the saline solution like before. Why would anyone want to wait 16 weeks to see if something worked or not? Laser also cost more in the long run the saline was the same price as 2 laser treatments. Not worth it at all. I wasted my money.

Tip for consumers: know all the facts before choosing laser treatment

sams187
5/4/15

I purchased a Groupon for lash extension for a wedding. When I tried to book the appointment the estitician was booked all of may through August... mind u the Groupon expires in 90 days. When I called groupon cs to see if they could extend those 90 days the woman said no. I should just gift my groupon to someone! After waiting almost an hr to even speak to someone this was her response. I will nevery buy another groupon again.

tiffanyb21
5/4/15

Great customer service! I have had to return 2 Groupons- 1 my 3 year old purchased for $200! No problems!!

marimuthuk

Good publicity

denism38
5/3/15

I bought a digital scanning groupon to a place called scan digital. Months went by after sending them my negatives to be put on dvd. After many runaround phone call, i came to the conclusion they lost my negatives. I emailed groupon customer service ( since there is no way to talk with a live person) . They quickly returned my money and erased all evidence of the groupons from my account. I will not stop untill someone goes down for loosing my pictures, but i see a long painful process coming my way. Save yourself from the nightmares, go to your local establishment and pay a little more. IT IS NOT WORTH THE SAVINGS>

karens103
5/3/15

Excellent products and services, returns and refunds are easy! I love groupons!

marianm4
5/1/15

Is groupon related to nomore rack? They have the same customer service as nomore rack. They do not will not resolve issues! Go to restaurant.com for dining deals. They have better deals and honor what they advertise...unlike groupon who pulled a classic bait and switch. They advertised a certain price and then doubled it leaving me holding the bag. They also messed with the deal on their website changing verbiage and the deal. Luckily I snapped a picture of my screens prove my point still no resolution. Very polite responses and absolutely NO answers or resolution. They are a fraudulent company and should be shut down. Look for a name change soon just like nomore rack did. I am gathering info to pass on to Commissionerof Commerce and the Attorney General. I would advise everyone to do the same as a class action we may get some resolution. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. even the restaurants they "sell for" have nothing good to say about them. They are ripping people off on both ends!

angiep7
4/30/15

In my experience, it offers poor quality in many of the deals.

markw127
4/30/15

everyone thought they are going to revolutionize the web shopping, but they just killed it, not enough deals. GroupOn Now suffers by having same deals over and over, get more customers in order to attract people to your website

elaineb26
4/30/15

Terrible customer service. Will never use groupon again for large items. Ordered a bed, wrong one delivered, plus it was damaged. Have received one email from them asking for photos, sent photos. 2 days later still waiting for a reply. i have sent about 4 more emails, all ignored!!!
Never again!!

melanier16
4/29/15

Not as good as living social customer service wise but they have great deals. Refund policy sucks though. Really should make it like living social - return before it expires whatever the reason for a credit! 3 days to get it back cash. Now that's fair.

reneek8
4/29/15

I find some wonderful deals for some of my favorite places here... the only thing is that lately, LivingSocial seems to have more things I'm interested in.

waynek31
4/28/15

I have purchased 3 groupons that were mostly food related, because I love to eat out! The groupon changes daily and it's typically around 40-50% off. The reason that I only rated it 3 stars is because LivingSocial its main competitor has also launched in the area.

mariam141
4/28/15

I bought a Ypad from groupon, but 5 minutes after i placed the order i went back and tried to cancelled, i had the option to cancel but it appeared that it was not going through.......so i went back and cancelled twice...to my surprise i didn't get a confirmation of any cancellation so i emailed "customer support" for groupon and tried "the live chat" the live chat didn't work and when i got a reply back the customer service rep. said it was over two hours and it could not do anything. how convenient is that for them to answer after hours and saying that it was too late to cancel, when i did cancel right after i place the order.

Tip for consumers: bad site ................don't buy anything from them!!!!

lindam143
4/27/15

Groupon is GREAT!

pd25
4/26/15

I got some massage certis. Very happy.

amitn4
4/24/15

Good one

francea2
4/24/15

I thought i did purchased something worth my penny. I purchased 3.5hrs spa that includes back massage and facial. When i came to my appointment they introduced me to some of their facial things and made me paid something which I thought was just a top-up to what I originally purchased. I was surprised when the facial was done after 1Hr Im told that that was all... They told me that I had converted my GROUPON VOUCHER to that facial thing and that was it. But they never ever used the word "CONVERT nor CHANGE" while they introduced the facial stuff. Left confused and still with aching back that really needs back massage.

monikah3
4/23/15

Warning!!! Do not purchase any brand name item through Groupon. I just purchased a $2000 Prada purse from them and took to let Prada check it out and is totally Fake. I can get the same fake one for less than $200 else where. I trusted Groupon and confirmed with them before I purchased and still got trapped into it. The worst part is I didn't receive the item pictured they shipped me a different color and didn't provide me with any explanation. They are using Groupon name to do this type of illegal thing. Please don't be a victim like me if you want to see my receipt I will be happy to show it.

neryt
4/23/15

I think it's crazy that there are not more sites like groupon. They def bring out the most deals and offers. I have traveled from groupons, bought computer stuff and so much more. I always seem to find good deals here. Thanks

isabellah2
4/22/15

never once had a problem al;ways wonderful dealing with them.

sids24
4/22/15

Every time I called to make an appointment, they would ask "is this the groupon?" I would say yes. All 4 times I called I got the same answer "We no longer have any appointments available for our groupon winners" - waste of money. The business has no obligation to fulfull their end of the "bargain" YUCK

huyent1
4/21/15

Ive always had a problem with groupon when it comes to buying products on their website. They almost always send me the wrong size or is missing something important.
Their returns policy is absolutely bull too
They said that postage is paid for but that's also a lie because the parcel points and Auspost forced me to buy a box (which I barely have money for wasting on a box)
Scammed me!

Tip for consumers: Do not buy products from Groupon, they'll just scam you by giving you the wrong item and if you want the right one, you have to waste more money to send it back and wait another couple of months.

jerrys50
4/21/15

No more busines with them and their prices all that great either, even high at times.

garciae
4/20/15

Its just a little embarrassing when you produce that slip of paper at dinner. however, some deals are good, if you are lucky

gregoryj16
4/20/15

Love groupon. love the deals every day. a lot of people keep saying they are a scam, umm no , they are in so many countries and they are quite legit, its awesome for consumers and for businesses!

jamied36
4/20/15

I have ordered a few things. One package was completely open with the item floating around in the shipping bag. I ordered a bed set. The sheets are so thin they fell like they might rip. I think if I was the conforter it might bunch up. I order some tanks and the sizing is all messed up, know I am hoping they will let me return them. I will not be ordering material items through them again..

stuartc29
4/20/15

Honestly I tend to buy groupon's for new places that have opened up as a great way to check what is new int he area and have found quite a few new restaurants that I may not have tried otherwise. Love the service!

parichitab
4/20/15

Very poor service, pathetic customer service. Waste of my money. very boring website.

Horrible experience. Will never open this website in my life

jeromel12
4/19/15

Sucky experience wouldnt use again

alyssab4
4/18/15

Lots of options, I order Christmas presents ! I had no issues.

paulm191
4/18/15

I order a product, never received. Groupon Customer Support told me to contact the supplier. Still no product. This is theft.

herbertw12
4/17/15

2/4/11

Bought a manicure for my wife, was easy enough. However, the salon sold so many that they were booked a month out, which was a bit annoying. The deals on groupon are usually worthwhile though, so I will continue to use it, and recommend it.

karenm105
4/17/15

Fast delivery when ever I order my product

julian451
4/15/15

As a business owner myself, I know how hard it is to advertise to the right customers and keep customers who aren't just looking for the next deal. When speaking with someone with groupon, I asked them, "how can I even begin to make a profit if you insist upon a 50 percent discount then you take 50 percent?" Her answer was this: that's the price you pay for marketing your business. She was so certain I would get repeat customers and not one time deal seekers. My advice is this: if you really want to support small business and still get a good deal, contact the business owner directly and cut out group on altogether. A lot of business owners will give you the discount if you skip group on altogether.

tanveerm
4/13/15

They offer great deals on restaurants to hotel booking. These deals help in saving a lot of money. The best part is that, they deals are mailed to your directly :)

johng185
4/13/15

Really nothing worth purchasing. There are a ton of deal sites out there. The customer service isn't the best and I really enjoy working with Half Off Depot! They have really good timing with everything that goes on in the city.

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: What should I do to get back vouchers that I bought but haven't redeemed yet from the list of My Groupons? When I get into the MY GROUPONS , it stated that "My orders-You have yet to make any Groupon purchase(s).",but actually I bought 3 vouchers already.They disappeared from the list after one month purchased.Please tell me what should I do to get them back by email to me (quikping@gmail.com)!Thanks in advance!
8/2/13
Answer
michelef14
A: I have never had a problem with any groupon I have purchased. I just used a voucher today without any problems. There was one instance when I knew I was not going to be able to use my groupon and I went to my account, clicked on my groupings and asked for a refund. I'm sorry this has happened to you. Hopefully you will get it straightened out.
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I'm looking into buying a gold chain for my boyfriend. Reading the reviews, I noticed groupons isn't great for services or vacations. Its a solid gold chain for about 80 bucks. Can somebody tell me if this purchase is yay or nay. I do not want to waste money
4/11/15
Answer
anastasiac5
A: Never buy gold, diamonds, or jewelry unless you can see it in person. That should be your new motto.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

2 Coupons for Groupon

No coupon code needed
Shop now at Groupon to save!
Go to Groupon