US Government's NSF

1233 Howard Street, #714
San Francisco, California, USA
Tel: +1.8664382768

▼ Sort by: recent

The short version: Awful experience. Got a car that wouldn't start, incompetent and inconsiderate customer service that took an HOUR to get me a new car and didn't seem to think this was an issue worth a refund. Infuriating. Will NOT use again.

I rented a car for this morning only to discover that when I got there, the battery was completely dead and the car wouldn't start. I was relying on that car and I was in a hurry. I tried getting a hold of customer service and it took more than 20 minutes just to get through. When I finally reached someone it took 30 minutes to book a new car down the street. I had to ask them to refund me for the dead car, and they did not offer to do so for the new car, even though now the new car reservation time was an HOUR after my original reservation time. When I asked that they comp the new reservation for such an awful experience, I was told the manager would have to approve but that the he did not have time to talk to me. That was completely outrageous! The manager didn't take responsibility and it was so bureaucratic that the customer service person had to wait for permission from the manager to just get me a new car, let alone a refund. They seem to think that it's not their fault when their experience is crappy. Now I'm waiting for them to get back to me to discuss the possibility of a refund. Ridiculous. Save yourself an ordeal and use a different service.

If your auto is cooling its heels parked much of the time, you might want to help it pay its way by renting it out. Getaround brings local car owners together with local car-deprived, for an hourly or longer fee that includes insurance. You can register your car with brief information and a photo.