US Government's NSF

Boston, MA 02210, USA

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

This time, I sent back my iPhone 5 in damn near perfect condition (not a mark on the thing). (in 9 reviews)

I recently upgraded to the new iPhone, and sold my iPhone 4 to Gazelle. (in 8 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

Quick shipping, great price on iPad 2, no scratches perfect! I have not purchased previously owned before but I would again from Gazelle. Thanks

I've used them multiple times. Always quick and easy. Actually just got 425 for my mint iPhone 6 plus.

Appraised my near perfect condition Verizon iPhone 5s for $201. Sent it in and got a counter offer of $151. Their reason given was because they claimed my phone was T Mobile and not Verizon. I have never had T Mobile in my life and I have had Verizon for about 15 years. I had them send my phone back and I will go elsewhere even if I don't get better somewhere else out of principle. After that, my curiosity caused me to check Gazelle's appraisal of my phone again and it is now $151. They just didn't want to honor the original price so they used a bull$#*! excuse.

They offered me $35 for A good iPhone 5S And Then Gave My $3.75 I'm taking them to court

I sold Gazelle a near-perfect iPhone 5 however, they reduced their original bid by 18% after the phone was received. They said the phone's condition had scratches and/or scuffs. That is a LIE ... just a "bait and switch" tactic by a dishonest company. Stay away!

Ordered 3 verizon phones and was shipped phones that are not verizon. Customer service was poor, very rude and will not agree to take an order, verify MEID with verizon and ship.

Don't ship anything to these thieves.

They are liars liars liars I did a bait and switch game where they offer you so much and then they change it at the last minute

This website is a scam and I recommend anyone considering to use it to avoid it. I made the order, input my credit card details, received a confirmation for the order, and then one day later I received notification that the order that I had placed was cancelled and the product was no longer in stock. The customer service time refused to provide any information about the reason for cancellation of my order.

Furthermore, when you go on their site and check the advertised prices, as soon as you click an item to make a purchase, they increase the price.

While perhaps you can make legitimate purchases on the site, I strongly advise against using it. It is not worth sharing your credit card details with a company that falsely advertises products that it does not have in stock, misleads customers on pricing and that refuses to compensate customers when the company has acknowledged their fault.

I will never be using this website again.

I sent in two iPhone 6 that were one month old with their boxes and all the accessories that were still brand new and they send me a counter offer saying I sent them iPhone 4s that were damaged no way

I went to see how much my iPhone 4s would be worth and it has no cracks and it's in almost perfect condition and it said my iPhone was only worth $3. ARE YOU SERIOUS? I could go sell my iPhone off the street for a WAY higher price.

Had an I-phone 4S.It worked Gazelle opened with an offer that would allow me some return on the phone. After they received the phone, they lowered the offer. Then they sent me another email advising the phone was worthless.Did I want them to throw it away or to be returned to me. I asked them to return the phone to me. I never saw the phone again. I never heard a thing from Gazelle, It was just a taking. Do not send anything to Gazelle

I bought 2 not 1 but 2 iPhone 5's from these people. Exactly two months later one of them crashed. I called gazelle and they said the 30 day warranty expired so they could not help me to take it up with apple. I took it to apple and they said is was the main board and that the whole phone just needed to be replaced. One month after that (3 months after purchase) the second phone now isn't working properly. The touch screen doesn't work the keypad doesnt work. So its not one phone that could just be a fluke but 2 phones. These people are scam artists and take your money and blow you off once they have it.
Never again! Anyone interested in refurbished phones dont get them from gazelle!

My review reads so much like most I have read on this site. Sent in a 3 week old iPhone 5. First week it was left in the box. second and third it was put into a Otter Box with a screen shield. Gazelle agreed to a nice price. I sent it in (knowing what I have heard of their service in the past I paid extra for tracking. When I did not hear from them I went on their chat line and was told it had not arrived (I knew it had arrived because of the Tracking number). They said they would check the receiving room and get back to me. When they got back to me they said it had been lost in receiving but they had found it and would continue the transaction. They texted my severa days later with a reduced price and I said no. RUN FROM GAZELLE. SCAM SCAM SCAM

I have had good transactions with them in the past, but on this last one they reduced their offer price by approximately the same amount as they gave me for a bonus as a "great customer." I will not use or recommend them in the future. Very poor customer service makes me think that they must be struggling.

Beware. They offer your a fair price for your phone but then downgrade the condition to 10% of what they offered. I put a brand new ( one I had saved when I got the phone)back on my phone and they claimed it was severely cracked and downgraded my phone 90% of their offer. Do not do business with this company!

This is the greatest scam on the internet to date. I sent my phone in in perfect, yes perfect condition. No scratches, no water marks no problems. Its been a month and I have yet to receive any payment or confirmation of payment being sent. I am extremely disappointed especially since I usually sell my things in person on craigslist but decided to use this service. They promise to send you a payment within 3-5 days and and that is clearly not the deal here. I've emailed, called, tried to live chat and the button on the website is dud, doesn't go anywhere. It does not lead to a link. Unbelievable. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME USING THIS SERVICE.

STAY AWAY, they gave me half what they said they would

Received a quote for $55 for my iPhone 3G on Oct. 5th. I found a promo code that added an additional $5. If you opt for an Amazon Gift card then an extra $2.75 is yours. I sent out my phone and they agreed on the original quote. My friend also sent her 3GS in and got an additional $44 on top of the $116 they promised her. Easy transaction for the both of us. Keep an eye out for the emails though. My giftcard was floating around in my SPAM box. It was easy to redeem on Amazon since I had other things I wanted to buy. Thanks, Gazelle!

I just sent them my iPhone 5 in near perfect condition and they emailed me and told me it had a crack in the back. It didn't when I sent it to them! They have ripped me off! They must have cracked it themselves and didn't take responsibility. This is called stealing and I'm so incredibly angry.

I've sold two iPhones to Gazelle in past years with no issues.

This time, I sent back my iPhone 5 in damn near perfect condition (not a mark on the thing). They just adjusted the offer down by $105 because the screen was cracked. It wasn't cracked when I packed it in THEIR packaging, exactly as THEY instructed me to do. So either their packaging is substandard, or someone on their end cracked my phone, but either way I'm out $105. I'll never use this service again.

They want my kindle fire for $6, my perfect galaxy tab 2 & 3 for less than $12 each. What are these people smoking?

Ok so last year I sold my iPhone 4S to once I upgraded to an iPhone 5. I got $35 for that phone which was done because the phone was in poor condition and I didn't pay anything for it. Now I just sent my iPhone 5c to them after upgrading to an iPhone 5s and they told me that I would be getting $90 for it. Which also give cause I only paid $20 for it (and because I'm lazy and didn't wanna go through the eBay or Craigslist process) now they sent me a phone saying they inspected it and that they reduced it to $35 because it "did not make calls" NOTE: Before I sent my phone out I checked to make sure everything worked properly and also called apple and had them run dialysis on it and it came back perfectly fine. So I thought, "uh unacceptable" and doesn't make sense. So I sent them an email stating that it didn't make sense and to explain it to me and if they gave an good explanation I might consider taking what was offered. They email me back saying that it was being inspected once again and that it might take two days. I said no thank you and demanded my phone be returned to me.
They are definitely ripping people off.

Terrible this place is nothing but a ripoff. You are better off using a site like

Terrible place, don't do business here. They quote you one price and once they receive your item they give you WAY less money. The reviews below are spot on. Terrible.

These 5 star people are just PAYED to give 5 stars. Gazelle is a scam. DO NOT SEND ANY DEVICE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! If you have an iPhone, they strip the SIM, AND if you send any other product (Headphones, Earpods, Chargers, ETC) they will KEEP them! What a scam. I don't trust them. Neither should you. I sent my old iPhone 4, with the box, they took it all. Scam, all the way. Quote was only 30 Dollars, I bought it new for about 150. Scammers.

I sent my Iphone5 to them in the original box and with all the accessories, I then declined their revised offer and requested they return it. They bare phone in bubble wrap! No box, no accessories, no nothing! I am livid!!

Quoted me $85 for 16gb iphone 4, adjusted offer to $35. Said I had a different model than I said on the quote, but the when I looked, it was right model. It even had the quoted model and "actual" model right next to each other & they were the same. The are incompetent & I rejected their shamefully lower offer. Cut out the middle man & sell it yourself, or prepare to be disappointed by their adjusted offer. Wish I could give 0 stars.

I was selling an iphone 5s in excellent condition. I
completed the application down to my address and submitted it, only to be told my address was invalid. I have lived at this address for 38 years. How the hell is it invalid. I had sold a phone to these people just two months with this address.

THEY ARE A SCAM. Really wish i had read reviews before i sent my iphone 4 in. They offered much less than what they had said and so offered to send it back. Well, they sent the phone but kept the box, charger and headphones. So now i get docked money when selling to someone else. It was my mistake to leave in the SIM card (I had completely wiped out phone so thought ok to leave it) and they kept the SIM card so now I cannot unlock the phone. Again, really hurts me selling to another more respected company. THIEVES

It's a ripoff! My used iPod Touch 4th Gen was only quoted at $45, and it has no cosmetic defects or working problems. They're selling on Ebay and Craigslist for over $100. Just a complete ripoff.

Went to site search for any technology, they buy back for 50% of the going rate.. So if you bring in a ipad2 which normally sells for $300 on ebay, they will buy it off you for $150, they make $150 off you.. It's really for tech dumbasses who don't know what technology costs and thieves who need to get rid of stollen merchandise.. I wouldn't bother wasting time on this service.. I was thinking a good price for a ipad2 would be $220 to $250 but this is what they will buy back a ipad4 for.. Makes me wonder if I can buy ipad4 off some fool..

Ask $#*!olina about Gazelle

Sent in my iPhone In over 4 months ago and have not received a dime yet. I've called them over 20 times and when they do answer ( not usually the case ) they give me bs about a shipping error or put me on hold until I hang up. Take my advice, throw your device in a river before you give it to gazelle.

They quoted me $160 for my ipad2 16g. Once the got it lowered the offer to $50 because of "cosmetic issues". That iPad was spotless! They are a scam

bought from them on Ebay I paid 359 dollars for a droid xt1080 ultra they send me a DroidX MB810 now it will be a week or so before they can investigate seems to be a normal experience. and the DroidX they sent me has no labels no esn or imei so it would be very difficult to activate. contacted thru ebay and on there company website. hard to work with lots of excuses. told I must be wrong. they could not make that mistake, but maybe it was not a mistake maybe it is fraud

It's been 2 weeks since they told me they opened the box and inspected my phone, but they haven't contacted me since, nor have they answered any of the emails I've sent them regarding my transaction. I've sold 2 other phones since then to two other buyback companies and not only did they keep me updated every step of the way but they also paid me within a week of receiving the package. Gazelle is seriously the worst buyback company I've ever had to deal with!

They said they were offering me $330 but then said it had batter issues on dropped it to $135. I sold it to apple for $335 with no issues.

This company is disgusting and should be shut down! sent in pristine iPhone and was quoted a price-withoutmy knowledge or consent they downgraded my phone to a poor rating and paid me 1/4th of the initial quote-I asked that my phone be returned to me and they said "sorry, already sold."

It took a lot of effort on my part which included sharing my story with friends in the tech industry (who then shared my story) to get the balance due on my initial agreement. It wasn't the money-it was their dishonesty that got me angry.
Never again-I through my old iPhones in a drawer or trade in to Best Buy-they had a great buy back deal this summer

I recently upgraded to the new iPhone, and sold my iPhone 4 to Gazelle. I was hesitant after reading a lot of negative reviews, but figured I'd give it a try anyway, as I wouldn't be too upset if I got nothing for it.

I had a great experience with Gazelle. I answered a few questions about the condition of my phone on their website, and they quoted me at $110. For a phone I bought for $100 2 years ago (w/ 2 yr contract), this was surprising to me. This was in line with other websites, including the Apple store, AT&T, and Amazon, except on the other sites, you had to spend the money at their store. I'd rather spend it where I want.

A few days later I received a box in the mail with instructions on how to ship them my old iPhone. I dropped off my package with my phone at the post office the next day. Just in case I took some pictures before I shipped it. About 3 days after that I received an email that they received my phone and would examine it soon. The next day I got another email that said they had looked at my phone and would pay me the full $110 they quoted. The deposit was made to my PayPal account the next day. From the time I initially signed up online to the time the money was in my account was 10 days. This includes sending the package both ways.

I will note that although my phone was 2 years old, it was in great condition. I always kept it in an otterbox and used a screen protector, so it had no scratches or damage. I used a q-tip to clean dirt out of the ports/niches before sending. I cleared everything off of the phone, set it to factory defaults and loaded iOS7 before sending as well. I'm wondering if some of the bad reviews sent in phones in bad shape. I will note that I did not send the power cord or headphones, which I was worried would bring down the price but apparently it didn't.

Overall I had a good experience and would recommend.

Terrible company that lies to you. I was expecting the experience to be fast and professional - this was not the case. I was told my phone was worth $150, however when they FINALLY emailed me they adjusted the price down to $35..NO THANKS! They clearly use lies in their marketing to get business, and that is not ok. Find another way - sucks!

Ehhh I am not really a fan of this website. You are better off finding someone to buy it from you on Craigslist or Ebay

Terrible customer service! They told me I would get over $200 for my iPhone 4S but once they got it, it was deducted down to $100! In addition to this, it took me over 2 weeks to get my payment.

I would NEVER do service again!

PLEASE READ - before selling your iphone, macbook or other device to gazelle, check 'gazelle store' on ebay, their ebay store, and see the price for which they are currently selling similar wares. You'll be shocked at the difference between what they are paying you, and the price for which they are going to sell - your stuff. I wish i checked before selling to them.

Gazelle was awesome - easy web site, cool prepaid box, great communications and in the end they paid me MORE than my original offer - who does that?

Sent 2 phones in (in Like New Condition), they received them on January 31 (per FedEx tracking info), website states they still haven't received them. I get no response from e-mails, voicemail and chat keeps telling me tomorrow (they are behind...same excuse the last 3 days in a row)! Who can I contact besides the BBB, possibly the Texas Attorney Generals office fraud division??

Bad experience. Deducted 80%! from my original quote!

This site is a big liar and BS. They advirtise on fronpage a cell phone for $50 r more, when I searched for different items they only give you $4 for a good condition or better. For example: 200GB external desktop Hard drive, they offered me $2, a godd like new condition lens only $4. The BS-ness is this is that they give you a list of accessories to click on, but your item might not have had those initially. Like the lens: didn't come with a case and hood, only a cap. If I would add those 2 accessories they would offer me $20, but they didn't come with the lens. So don't get fooled by them.They offer a better price for hot items like ipads and iphones, but there are other good items out there. You are better off selling them on ebay.

I used Gazelle twice in the past with no problem. This time however, I am ticked and will not EVER do business with them again. I sent in my iPad but declined their revised offer. received the unit back today with no SIM card. They have lost me as a customer permanently.

i made a trade of a blackberry rim for 64.00 and they won't give me my money they keep telling me paypal has it but paypal gave me a refund transaction where it went back to their account now they are giving me the run around

Gave me 111 Bucks, even though I was wrong about the condition of some of the things. PRICE I OFFERED. 100/4 Stars!

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gazelle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Add your answer
A: If the "warranty" period has expired you simply don't return it. Email your order number to the email provided in the website and they will tell you if you still are covered. I don't remember if it was 30 or 60 days.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Gazelle staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?