US Government's NSF

33 Reviews for Gazelle.com

▼ Sort by: recent

mikec123
8/15/14

They want my kindle fire for $6, my perfect galaxy tab 2 & 3 for less than $12 each. What are these people smoking?

brees2
8/7/14

Ok so last year I sold my iPhone 4S to gazelle.com once I upgraded to an iPhone 5. I got $35 for that phone which was done because the phone was in poor condition and I didn't pay anything for it. Now I just sent my iPhone 5c to them after upgrading to an iPhone 5s and they told me that I would be getting $90 for it. Which also give cause I only paid $20 for it (and because I'm lazy and didn't wanna go through the eBay or Craigslist process) now they sent me a phone saying they inspected it and that they reduced it to $35 because it "did not make calls" NOTE: Before I sent my phone out I checked to make sure everything worked properly and also called apple and had them run dialysis on it and it came back perfectly fine. So I thought, "uh unacceptable" and doesn't make sense. So I sent them an email stating that it didn't make sense and to explain it to me and if they gave an good explanation I might consider taking what was offered. They email me back saying that it was being inspected once again and that it might take two days. I said no thank you and demanded my phone be returned to me.
They are definitely ripping people off.

candacef
6/28/14

Terrible this place is nothing but a ripoff. You are better off using a site like usell.com.

sophiah3
5/20/14

Terrible place, don't do business here. They quote you one price and once they receive your item they give you WAY less money. The reviews below are spot on. Terrible.

tylerk17
5/12/14

These 5 star people are just PAYED to give 5 stars. Gazelle is a scam. DO NOT SEND ANY DEVICE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! If you have an iPhone, they strip the SIM, AND if you send any other product (Headphones, Earpods, Chargers, ETC) they will KEEP them! What a scam. I don't trust them. Neither should you. I sent my old iPhone 4, with the box, they took it all. Scam, all the way. Quote was only 30 Dollars, I bought it new for about 150. Scammers.

toms115
5/5/14

I sent my Iphone5 to them in the original box and with all the accessories, I then declined their revised offer and requested they return it. They did...my bare phone in bubble wrap! No box, no accessories, no nothing! I am livid!!

derrekw
3/21/14

Quoted me $85 for 16gb iphone 4, adjusted offer to $35. Said I had a different model than I said on the quote, but the when I looked, it was right model. It even had the quoted model and "actual" model right next to each other & they were the same. The are incompetent & I rejected their shamefully lower offer. Cut out the middle man & sell it yourself, or prepare to be disappointed by their adjusted offer. Wish I could give 0 stars.

dennisl27
3/15/14

I was selling an iphone 5s in excellent condition. I
completed the application down to my address and submitted it, only to be told my address was invalid. I have lived at this address for 38 years. How the hell is it invalid. I had sold a phone to these people just two months with this address.

sylviak2
2/5/14

THEY ARE A SCAM. Really wish i had read reviews before i sent my iphone 4 in. They offered much less than what they had said and so offered to send it back. Well, they sent the phone but kept the box, charger and headphones. So now i get docked money when selling to someone else. It was my mistake to leave in the SIM card (I had completely wiped out phone so thought ok to leave it) and they kept the SIM card so now I cannot unlock the phone. Again, really hurts me selling to another more respected company. THIEVES

jennar3
1/13/14

It's a ripoff! My used iPod Touch 4th Gen was only quoted at $45, and it has no cosmetic defects or working problems. They're selling on Ebay and Craigslist for over $100. Just a complete ripoff.

fuckolinay
12/28/13

Went to site search for any technology, they buy back for 50% of the going rate.. So if you bring in a ipad2 which normally sells for $300 on ebay, they will buy it off you for $150, they make $150 off you.. It's really for tech dumbasses who don't know what technology costs and thieves who need to get rid of stollen merchandise.. I wouldn't bother wasting time on this service.. I was thinking a good price for a ipad2 would be $220 to $250 but this is what they will buy back a ipad4 for.. Makes me wonder if I can buy ipad4 off some fool..

niccolass
12/27/13

Sent in my iPhone In over 4 months ago and have not received a dime yet. I've called them over 20 times and when they do answer ( not usually the case ) they give me bs about a shipping error or put me on hold until I hang up. Take my advice, throw your device in a river before you give it to gazelle.

rosab2
12/3/13

They quoted me $160 for my ipad2 16g. Once the got it lowered the offer to $50 because of "cosmetic issues". That iPad was spotless! They are a scam

russd5
11/26/13

bought from them on Ebay I paid 359 dollars for a droid xt1080 ultra they send me a DroidX MB810 now it will be a week or so before they can investigate seems to be a normal experience. and the DroidX they sent me has no labels no esn or imei so it would be very difficult to activate. contacted thru ebay and on there company website. hard to work with lots of excuses. told I must be wrong. they could not make that mistake, but maybe it was not a mistake maybe it is fraud

navamin
11/15/13

It's been 2 weeks since they told me they opened the box and inspected my phone, but they haven't contacted me since, nor have they answered any of the emails I've sent them regarding my transaction. I've sold 2 other phones since then to two other buyback companies and not only did they keep me updated every step of the way but they also paid me within a week of receiving the package. Gazelle is seriously the worst buyback company I've ever had to deal with!

testert
11/1/13

They said they were offering me $330 but then said it had batter issues on dropped it to $135. I sold it to apple for $335 with no issues.

karenm58
10/10/13

This company is disgusting and should be shut down! sent in pristine iPhone and was quoted a price-withoutmy knowledge or consent they downgraded my phone to a poor rating and paid me 1/4th of the initial quote-I asked that my phone be returned to me and they said "sorry, already sold."

It took a lot of effort on my part which included sharing my story with friends in the tech industry (who then shared my story) to get the balance due on my initial agreement. It wasn't the money-it was their dishonesty that got me angry.
Never again-I through my old iPhones in a drawer or trade in to Best Buy-they had a great buy back deal this summer

ericv8
10/4/13

I recently upgraded to the new iPhone, and sold my iPhone 4 to Gazelle. I was hesitant after reading a lot of negative reviews, but figured I'd give it a try anyway, as I wouldn't be too upset if I got nothing for it.

I had a great experience with Gazelle. I answered a few questions about the condition of my phone on their website, and they quoted me at $110. For a phone I bought for $100 2 years ago (w/ 2 yr contract), this was surprising to me. This was in line with other websites, including the Apple store, AT&T, and Amazon, except on the other sites, you had to spend the money at their store. I'd rather spend it where I want.

A few days later I received a box in the mail with instructions on how to ship them my old iPhone. I dropped off my package with my phone at the post office the next day. Just in case I took some pictures before I shipped it. About 3 days after that I received an email that they received my phone and would examine it soon. The next day I got another email that said they had looked at my phone and would pay me the full $110 they quoted. The deposit was made to my PayPal account the next day. From the time I initially signed up online to the time the money was in my account was 10 days. This includes sending the package both ways.

I will note that although my phone was 2 years old, it was in great condition. I always kept it in an otterbox and used a screen protector, so it had no scratches or damage. I used a q-tip to clean dirt out of the ports/niches before sending. I cleared everything off of the phone, set it to factory defaults and loaded iOS7 before sending as well. I'm wondering if some of the bad reviews sent in phones in bad shape. I will note that I did not send the power cord or headphones, which I was worried would bring down the price but apparently it didn't.

Overall I had a good experience and would recommend.

allisonh26
10/4/13

Terrible company that lies to you. I was expecting the experience to be fast and professional - this was not the case. I was told my phone was worth $150, however when they FINALLY emailed me they adjusted the price down to $35..NO THANKS! They clearly use lies in their marketing to get business, and that is not ok. Find another way - Gazelle.com sucks!

jeseniar
10/2/13

Ehhh I am not really a fan of this website. You are better off finding someone to buy it from you on Craigslist or Ebay

bryant206
8/29/13

Terrible customer service! They told me I would get over $200 for my iPhone 4S but once they got it, it was deducted down to $100! In addition to this, it took me over 2 weeks to get my payment.

I would NEVER do service again!

wendya5
7/20/13

PLEASE READ - before selling your iphone, macbook or other device to gazelle, check 'gazelle store' on ebay, their ebay store, and see the price for which they are currently selling similar wares. You'll be shocked at the difference between what they are paying you, and the price for which they are going to sell - your stuff. I wish i checked before selling to them.

saraha24
4/3/13

Gazelle was awesome - easy web site, cool prepaid box, great communications and in the end they paid me MORE than my original offer - who does that?

josephe7
2/7/13

Sent 2 phones in (in Like New Condition), they received them on January 31 (per FedEx tracking info), website states they still haven't received them. I get no response from e-mails, voicemail and chat keeps telling me tomorrow (they are behind...same excuse the last 3 days in a row)! Who can I contact besides the BBB, possibly the Texas Attorney Generals office fraud division??

katiet3
8/11/11

Bad experience. Deducted 80%! from my original quote!

bellax
3/30/11

This site is a big liar and BS. They advirtise on fronpage a cell phone for $50 r more, when I searched for different items they only give you $4 for a good condition or better. For example: 200GB external desktop Hard drive, they offered me $2, a godd like new condition lens only $4. The BS-ness is this is that they give you a list of accessories to click on, but your item might not have had those initially. Like the lens: didn't come with a case and hood, only a cap. If I would add those 2 accessories they would offer me $20, but they didn't come with the lens. So don't get fooled by them.They offer a better price for hot items like ipads and iphones, but there are other good items out there. You are better off selling them on ebay.

quinekaw
3/29/11

I used Gazelle twice in the past with no problem. This time however, I am ticked and will not EVER do business with them again. I sent in my iPad but declined their revised offer. received the unit back today with no SIM card. They have lost me as a customer permanently.

latanyam
1/27/11

i made a trade of a blackberry rim for 64.00 and they won't give me my money they keep telling me paypal has it but paypal gave me a refund transaction where it went back to their account now they are giving me the run around

renonem
1/7/11

Gave me 111 Bucks, even though I was wrong about the condition of some of the things. PRICE I OFFERED. 100/4 Stars!

alexandert
11/17/10

I sold my old iPhone [first generation] to Gazelle during the beginning of last week... guess what? Friday, I got $33 fast cash straight to my PayPal. No excuses. Guess what, even though the condition of it was poor (screen crack, battery life degraded), $33 was still mine.

When it comes to Gazelle, you CAN depend on them to sell your old electronics and used electronics. There still is a price for many things. Whilst, if not, you can be responsible and have them recycle it.

They send you a box within reasonable times, make it easy for you to ship to them, and you get paid if the condition you explained to them in matches, even if it's slightly off or in a debatable condition.

I did not lie anywhere in this review, so give them a try if you 're looking to make fast cash off of old stuff.

alans7
7/19/10

These people promised me a price and then when I deleivered as promised, they lowered the price. I refused and they did it anyway. They cannot be trusted. Don't do business with them.

daveb5
5/19/10

The prices they offer aren't the greatest, but they always have come through with the payment.

ujjvals