US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

sioni
11/13/14

I ordered a new 3DS from this company on the 7/7/2011. After 5 days I checked back on the website and noticed that they were out of stock despite not being out of stock when I placed the order. I attempted to contact customer services on the number they provided and evry time I ring it plays recorded message saying to contct via e-mail. I have written many e-mails explaining the problem and have received a few replies saying that they are experiencing problems. I have now been waiting 20+ days and still have not received my order and according to the website the item has been back in stock and sold out twice and is now back in stock again. The status of my order is :- Order Received Processing.

I don't think I am ever going to receive my order or a refund. This is the worst online order I have ever placed and I am going to make sure as many people as possible know the kind of customer service this company offer.

mattheww2
11/11/14

I won't go into detail, but this is one company to avoid at all costs. They take money from your account but never send the items.

guest-
11/11/14

COMPLETE FRAUDSTERS! DON'T BOTHER WAITING FOR GOODS AS THEY WILL NOT SEND THEM, CONTACT CARD COMPANY FOR CHARGEBACK ASAP!!

paulc27
11/6/14

Hi, I ordered little big planet for my Sons birthday on June 22nd and his birthday was the end of June 2011, game did not turn up and they have not responded to any of my emails. This site is a disgrace and you should avoid ordering anything from Gamesbasement at all costs. I have now handed over the details of the transaction to my credit cards FRAUD dept.

No stars
One very unhappy customer.

abduls
7/27/11

would give it 0 stars if possible, bought a few products in january 2011, have not recieved anything to date! it is now july!! i have tried e-mailing them and phoning them but not a single reply! never ever shop with them again

nathanw2
7/23/11

Ordered from these about a month ago i registered then placed my order and payment was taken straight away (debit card) got an order id but no email to confirm my order, when i tried to log back into there site i got the message that username does not exist wtf ! so it seems they charged me then deleted my account. Googled gamebasement and came across so many bad reviews so rang my bank straight away they said payment was still pending and would issue a charge-back, 2-3 days later money was back in thought i had lucky escape but checked my bank statement today and they have either charged me again or have just taken payment a month later so need to ring bank again to see whats going on. DO NOT ORDER FROM GAMESBASEMENT ITS A SCAM.

tracym6
7/9/11

No communication from this company depsite my phonecalls to them and e-mails. Started to wonder if I would ever get the Wii game I had ordered for my sons birthday. It eventually arrived 20 days later, to my relief, but with no apology or explanation. Very unhappy with this experience, would efinately not buy anything from them again, and would not recommend that anyone else does.

sw35
7/7/11

This has to be the worst I have ever encountered. It is fraudulent and should be stopped from trading.
The company does not obey the rules of its protocol and customer service promises.
It took my money the day I placed the order.
The telephone contacts were difficult to get through on. When you get through you are lied to. The tracker site is never updated. emails are not responded to other than by automated resonse. Letters are also not responded to.
I had to involve the credit card company in order to get them to cooperate.
This is the easiest way to get a resolution of the problem. (seems most people request a refund) if you are waiting for one get your credit card company to take this up on your behalf asking for a reversal of the transaction as funds have been taken illegally. It is very satisfying to get a RESULT!!
My daughter has been waiting for her birthday present for over 60 days thanks to the gamesbasement. I eventually ordered through John Lewis and was able to get a free delivery next day. I wish all those who are going through the worry I have just been through much luck. Be Determined and don't let these wicked scammers get away with it!

steveb22
7/4/11

Totally useless DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM
I'm not sure if this site is a scam or that they're going into financial administration soon or what but there are 1000's of websites and forum discussion groups of people with exactly the same problem as myself:
- Placed order
- Money taken from my account
- Item never turns up
- Can't get hold of them on their customer services number (answer message telling you to email them)
- Won't respond to emails other than an occasional one saying that they have posted it and it's on it's way (it's been a month now and they advertise 24hr delivery!)
- I have request a refund and they are ignoring me!

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have resported them to Watchdog and Trading Standards.
I just wish I had read all of the reviews first......... :o(

kerryg
6/28/11

My 8 year old son saved his pocket money and we ordered his DS pokemon game from gamesbasement. £24.99. Money was taken from my account instantly. Web page stated 'in stock' 'usually dispatched within 48hrs' LIES Surprise surprise..... Game never arrived. When I called I was told the item wasn't in stock but was guaranteed it would be available the following week for dispatch. Foolishly I continued with the order for my son. Yet again 2 weeks later no game. Numerous phone calls and told we have to wait 15 working days for the item to arrive and blamed the delay on Royal Mail. Three more weeks passed and no game. Many more telephone conversations with very unhelpful people. When I demanded to be put through to customer complaints was told no such number, any complaints need to be put in writing. No senior member of staff to help with my situation. Now was guaranteed I would get a refund but takes 5-7 working days. (Funny they can take the money almost instantly). Still no refund or game. Now not able to get through on the phone. I am so frustrated and angry. Try explaining to an 8 year old that he has lost his savings. Please do not use this site unless you are willing to throw money away. I am not going to give up. I have left a message with Watchdog and I will leave many more messages until this company is exposed for the fraudulent, lying thieves they are!!!!!!!

kamaljitk
6/17/11

guys you should check out this page. many more unhappy customers are unhappy!

andrewe6
5/30/11

BASEMENTGAMES you scammers .DO NOT USE BASEMENTGAME.CO.UK .I AM STILL WAITING 2 MONTHS ON FOR A REFUND.THEY SURE ARE COWBOYS.I WILL NOT GIVE UP WITH THEM !!
THEY SURE KNOW HOW TO FILL YOU WITH FALSE PROMISES ..
IF YOU HAVE USED THEM GIVE VISA DISPUTE A RING.
YOUR BANK WILL ADVISE YOU.IF ENOUGH PEOPLE COMPLAIN MAYBE WE LL SEE THEM ON TV'S WATCHDOG

mcbridej
5/21/11

ordered a ds console on 30th april and still waiting on it. customer services is terrible, they do not reply to emails and you are put on hold when trying to phone then cut off. it says in its terms and conditions money will only be debited from your account when the item is dispatched, the money was taken from my account on the 5th may. On the occasion that i did manage to speak to an advisor she said the item had been dispatched but that was a week ago, she said there was no tracking on the item. I would avoid this website, worst so far i've come across.

stefanc
4/14/11

AVOID AVOID AVOID - ordered a ps3 sharpshooter on 1/4/11, they confrimed by email it should be dispatched on mon 4/4/11 as i since read all these bad reviews, they also offered to upgrade my postage to 1st class as a good gesture, as predicted goods never showed, had no replies from email sent on 7/4 and 8/4. spoke to them on phone on 11/4 they said order could take another week, so i cancelled order and they sent cancellation email stating no charge as goods are only charged for when shipped. decided to check my statement on 13/4 and found full amount 33.99 taken from my account on 4/4.....i was fuming, rang them up and was literally called a lier and were adamant no money was taken from my account, they said it was a shadow payment thats not really a debit but a way of checking the account is active??? doing my sums clearly showed 33.99 had vanished, they had a cheek to tell me to check with my bank and they would confirm this, had to ring my bank and sound a fool on the phone only for them to confrim 33.99 has been debited by gamesbasement. had to ring them back again and this time they asked for proof, i asked if i could email a copy of my online statement, they agreed and confirmed on phone they had received it, they promised a email response by end of day.......no email was received. so had to ring again today 14/4 again screaming and shouting down the phone, they then said that the online statement cannot be accepted as proof and i would have to go to bank for a print off, scan and email again......so backed into corner again, had to go to bank and do the business and mailed it to them again whilst i had them on phone for confirmation they had received it finally just checked my account and suprise suprise they had refunded the full amount.....even though they were adamant i was wrong. so to sum up if you do order from these before doing any checks on them, then DO NOT GIVE UP RING THEM RING THEM RING THEM, SWEAR AT THEM, GO MAD AT THEM AS I DID, U WILL GET SRESSED OUT BUT I BEAT THEM, I THINK THEY HOPE THAT PEOPLE GIVE UP AND ADMIT DEFEAT, I DONT BELIEVE THEY HAVE ANY INTENTIONS COMPLETING ORDERS!!!! WANKERS!

shirleyp
4/9/11

Purchased a wii fit game and balance board it stated in stock and dispatched usually within 48hrs, also stated money not taken out of account untill goods are dispatched, lies on both counts!!! I called the company after a week to be told they were still waiting on delivery of the stock I then pointed out that it stated they had the item in stock and the girl told me she would correct it on web page I kept checking and this was not done for at least another week, i also pointed out that they say no money will be taken untill item is dipatched they couldnt tell me why my account had been touched!! I then cancelled my order and was told refund would take 4-7 days that was nearly 2 weeks ago and 2 fone calls and email later and Iam still waiting. very unsatisfied and £50 poorer customer.

cn4
4/6/11

Bunch of muppets, take money as a pre-order, don't get any stock, claim it'll be in stock and then ignore contacts and don't refund. Avoid them.

sallyn
3/24/11

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!! Like the many other reviews on this site I also did not receive the Wii Fit game that I ordered on December 10th. On March 19th after numerous telephone calls and emails that were not answered I finally got a refund. Every time I spoke to the call centre I was spun a web of lies, cannot begin to tell you how frustrating it was!! My advice to anyone trying to get money back is don't give up, consider going through your bank to retrieve refund and contact the trading standards. Although I got money back I still feel very aggrieved and would love to see these THIEVES get their comeuppance. The whole thing seems to be a scam that relies on people just giving up on getting their money back!!

arkhoni
1/30/11

Ordered December, got an emailed from Games Basement saying item dispatched, now today's date 1/30/11 still haven't gotten my PS3 order and I wasted my $30!! for nothing. I emailed them a week ago and haven't received response from them. Ripoff!! Avoid at all cost, never shopping on oversees again. :(

vickie8
1/20/11

Ordered 3x games on 9/12. Phoned prior to Xmas to be told despatched on 14/12 but maybe held up due to snow (Royal Mail). Contacted them on 6/1/11 as still no sign & completed form to state lost in post. Emailed following day to confirm new items would be ordered & sent. Received 1x game 18/1 but that's it. Phoned for refund today, told 5-7 days to process & another 3-5 to reach my bank. When I complained I was told its in their T&C's!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS

ah24
1/6/11

do not buy from here, takes your money instantly and doesn't send out the goods despite constant promises that it will be re-dispatched, it never is.

jaynec1
6/9/10

I ordered Demon Souls in Jan. Took 3 days to get to me which I was happy about.

Price wasnt the cheapest but still noone else had it at the time, can't really complain!

stephenj2
4/6/10

Terrible service, when I ordered the game was in stock but two weeks later no game and shown out of stock.
As it was xmas gift I cancelled my order by email and tried to contact them on the 0845 number many times but they didnt answer at least not when I called!
They didnt cancel my order and 2weeks after my cancellation sent the game out and still failed to respond to my emails.
Save yourself the grief and shop somewhere else!

pauld8
2/26/10

IF YOUR READING THIS YOU HAVE PROBABLY BEEN RIPPED OFF LIKE I WAS
if not don't make the same mistake ,im still waiting for a refund for cod modern warfare ordered in october ,plenty of promises but refund never arrives , lost cheques , lost details , short staffed , even the snow was to blame , what a farce , trading standards informed , also isis , and consumer direct , please do the same , they will close the site soon due to the vast number of complaints , I LAST PHONED TODAY 24-02 10 TO ASK FOR MY REFUND , WHEN I SAID I COULD COME AND COLLECT MY 119.98 SHE SAID I WAS THREATNING HER AND HUNG UP

mattb1
1/6/10

DO NOT order products from this website unless you want to risk losing money. I am of the opinion that the service offered by the comany is nothing short of a scam.

When you order a product, payment will be taken immediately. In my case £140. Weeks later, when your product has still not been dispatched, you will struggle to make contact through email or worse still over the phone.

When I finally made contact over the phone, the nice gentleman offered his apologies and guaranteed that the product had just arrived in stock and could be dispatched the next day. I elected to cancel regardless as I simply didn't trust the service. Amazingly, a week after having cancelled over the phone, I received an email to say that the product may not arrive until the following year and I could consider cancelling - this was a week after I had already cancelled and also a week after the polite man on the phone had GUARANTEED it was in stock and could be dispatched the next day! Hmmm... I fear honesty is not their policy.

What compounds these lies is that the product was ordered as a Christmas present on the 21st November. When it had not been dispatched by the 16th December and I was £140 out of pocket my concerns were understandably growing. I explained this to the guy on the phone, and his "guarantee" was to alleviate my concerns of it not arriving before christmas. Had I believed him, I would have been one present down come Christmas day.

Luckily, despite his "guarantee", I had the wisdom to decline and order the same product from GAME.co.uk, which arrived the day after. Needless to say, 3 weeks after having cancelled my order with gamesbasement.co.uk, I have received no refund, have not received replies to my emails and cannot get an answer over the phone. It seems they have essentially stolen my money.

These are simply the facts, make your own mind up over whether you regard this to be acceptable.

maheshp
1/6/10

do not use this website. Ordered game 15 days ago. no reply to emails, phone hangs up after 5 mins. CON. They debited my account, straight away, but no game. CON company . DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE

jamesk
12/23/09

Ordered turtlebeach X41 headphones on 4th December (they were £10 cheaper than anywhere else), payment went through straight away, however stuck in "order recieved- processing" for 2 weeks .No response from online query form, and tel number constantly engaged. If you manage to get through it hangs up after 5 mins on hold. when i did get through on the 19th a young man said i would definately get it for xmas. on 22nd i got an email saying it would not be in stock till sometime next year. After several dozen attempts I managed to get through to a polite woman who is currently arranging refund. I don't think this is a con like other people are saying, they're just a very badly run company. I will now happily pay the extra £10 and get my headphones through game. if anyone reads this before they order, please please avoid them, the difference in price is just simply not worth it.

lisah2
12/15/09

Ordered an xbox game 17/11 my bank account was debited 20/11 - 10 days later no game - emailed them for despatch date 4 times - no reply despite site says 48 hours response - rang them was told there was a delay would be despatched w/c 7/12 - nothing emailed them again no response - tel no constantly engaged- still got my money but no game - DO NOT USE THIS SITE

lesi
12/6/09

This site is a disgrace I ordered a simple item namely a dsi
10 days later still the item not even been despatched.. sent email surprise surprise no reply telephoned them ask for my money.
you guessed I'm still waiting they have my money and will not respond.
DO NOT USE THIS SITE.