US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

freyal

DHgate's customer service as per my experience is very helpful and always available anytime, any day.. (in 127 reviews)

jennyv6

I was nervous to order my wedding dress from China, but we were able to communicate back and forth. (in 291 reviews)

tipzr

It's been a week since they charged me yet I got no response from the seller. (in 487 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

shonah
4/6/16

DO NOT BUY ELECTRONICS FROM THIS SITE. THEY ARE SUBSTANDARD PRODUCTS, CHEAP AS BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK AND TO GET ANY HELP WITH REPLACEMENT WELL THATS BULL$#*! TOO. GRANDSONS IPAD HAD A FAULT FIRST DAY WE GOT IT, THEY NEEDED EVIDENCE HOW CAN YOU PHOTO SOMETHING WHEN ITS NOT WORKING HUSBANDS PHONE SAME THING, NEED EVIDENCE. SENT THEM BACK TO PEOPLE WHO SOLD THEM THROUGH DHGATE.COM NO ANSWERS NO PRODUCT AND MONEY IS NOT RETURNED NEARLY 4 MONTHS LATER NOTHING NADA ZILCH ZIP. DO NOT SHOP ON THIS SITE. YOU WILL REGRET IT WHEN IT COMES TO ELECTRONICS.

sallym48
4/6/16

THIS IS THE MOST ABSOLUTE STRAIGHT UP WORST COMPANY THERE IS. THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY BUT THEY WON'T. IT WILL SHOW UP AS REFUNDED BUT THEN THEY WILL TAKE IT BACK AND CHARGE AN EXTRA FEE FOR NO REASON. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. PLEASE!!!!! BUYER BEWARE

luza6
4/2/16

The payment methods are all non-reversible, and you gonna end up with nothing in exchange of your payment.
Careful Alert

sr272
4/1/16

The seller promised an item in 9 days. It took 51. The company makes you wait to dispute payment. Then they condescendingly call you "friend" and don't answer questions straightforward. They give you limited reasons to dispute and then use those reasons to "prove" that you don't get the customer service required to move forward. This is a fraudulent company. I will NEVER order from them again.

eduardoe3
4/1/16

I ordered a pair of shoes, and I never got them. I tried calling the customer support number, but no matter how long I stayed on the line, "all the phone operators were busy." I tried the online chat, but it's with useless bot, not even a real person. As a last resort, I tried to leave a message, but THE SEND MESSAGE BUTTON ISN'T EVEN REAL.IT'S JUST A BUTTON! The message doesn't get sent. I can't even contact the company to resolve this! Please save your money and save yourself from headaches, and get your stuff at a more reputable website. Sure, it might be a little bit more expensive, but at least you'll get the item you bought and proper customer support.

rubyg14
4/1/16

i brought a hoverboard a while ago and paid or it and they said u havent paid for it and canclled my order and lost $600 dollars.

lorenac9
3/30/16

I bought many things at dhgate.com and the mayority were perfect and great price, except for a dress that I had made with my measurements. I irdered the dress and paid $113 for the dress and because I wanted faster shipping another $39 and for my measurements another $19. so a total of $171 for adress. I did nit get my dress faster shipping nor my measurements nor the same fabric the entire dress they messed up on the fabrick!!! how can someone just invert the fabric when it should be all the same? well now they are stalling to give me a refund. Don't ever buy from the seller "promotionspace" they are liars...All this ordeal has ruined my trip to Argentina and my 40th birthday party. I have no dress and no money to buy a new one, cause they are too selfish to try to help me out. So sorry that sellers like this give dhgate.com a bad name.
They respond to one's review and ask for the order number then say that it was resolved, when they did not even take time to see your acount entirely. Thanks for nothing Riane from DHgate.com.

kimberlys61
3/30/16

I was promised a partial refund of $100.00 more than 20 days ago and still have received the funds. I purchased a prom dress and when it arrived it was worse than a Halloween costume... Plain horrible. Why is this company so fraudulent? I will write a bad review for every day that I do not get my refund back! I am also telling EVERYONE I know how terrible DH Gate is.

gennaroc
3/30/16

I was ordering regularly and basically happy with the transactions. The problem is that lately I am receiving charges on my credit card for things I did not order or receive and this has happened three different times.Trying to rectify now.

rowenm
3/30/16

I ordered a dress a few months ago and still have not received it. I ordered it for my prom along with two other friends of mine and they both got theirs and they ordered a bit after I did. It was frustrating having to look for a new dress all over again seeing as my prom is only a few weeks away and I still don't have this dress. Be careful of what you order on this site because it might never come in and they wont give you a refund.

derrickr12
3/29/16

First and last time using dhgate. Seller stalled on sending product I knew their was a problem then. I order from aliexpress all the time they use epacket and never takes 2 weeks to start tracking. I knew then thos wasnt going to turn out good. Finally order shows up and ots a cheap pair of sunglasses. I will never use dhgate ever again. I will stick with aliexpress. Never experienced any issues with them at all. So warning. DO NOT BUT ANYTHING FROM DHGATE!!!!!!

cathyo5
3/28/16

This company is fraudulent. Do not order from them. Why are they allowed to sell in the USA. They sent a pair of defective $219.00 gym shoes and the cost was $65.00 USD to ship back. If it wasn't for my bank, I would have never received the $219.00 back. STAY AWAY!

Update: The seller sent me a message stating that she refunded all to me, the shoes and the shipping of $64.70.Not true, never received the shipping refund and my bank refunded the shoes, not DHGate.

I never received the shipping refund. They request your PERSONAL checking account so I went the western union route, added my city and state. I keep receiving notifications that the city and state are incorrect. This is something faulty on their side. This company stinks. I will never see my money. They owe me $68.40.

May 24 2016: Still no refund, no email response from DHGATE. I think I have 30 emails to them. I will never see my money.

memem4
3/28/16

I want to buy jordans , should i? Are they real? Are they gonna come? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

davidk214
3/28/16

my international package got stopped by customs. I had to upload proof even though they had the tracking information in their system and could see it never went to my address. Now I'm waiting forever for my refund. It was a nightmare first transaction and i won't be using this site again. Their resolution center sucks!

sennas5
3/27/16

I order two full lace wigs human hair this hair is so fake i contact both sellers one never got back to me and the other one told me to comb and condition the hair im like what hair theres no more hair on the cap to comb i spent $490.00 never again will i buy hair no one offer me a refund or a new unit

annmaries3
3/25/16

The dress was 3 different shades of red and had beading that was not listed in the description. My daughter was left in tears. She is a size 8 right off the rack. The dress fit everywhere except the shoulder. It was an A-symmetrical design and the single arm hole opening was only 6 inches with no stretch. I emailed the seller and sent 7 pictures as evidence. I was told that it was made to a size 8 specifications at the factory and there was nothing they could do. They are no longer answering my emails. I tried requesting a refund from DHGate but since the order was already processed, it was denied and I was told to contact the seller. I am out $130 and stuck with a dress that I can't even re-sell!

Tip for consumers: Don't Do It!!!!

frankf48

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DHGATE. PERIOD

dhgatei

Please report to cyber crime of Hong Kong

Hi EVERYONE, I am one of the person that have been scam from dhgate, please report your incident to the Hong Kong police at this link https://secure1.info.gov.hk/police/eforms/report_cyber_crime_en.php

Dhgate have scam my money close to $1000 USD. I am a Hong Kong resident and I am able to connect to the HK police and they have launch the investigation, if enough people to report this company, we can help shut this FRADULENT company, please do so and we can combine our force to stop this. I am sending this same email out to as much people as possible on Sitejabber.com

Good Luck.

anitac17
3/24/16

The worst site to buy clothes. I bought a dress for my daughter and when I received it disaster it's too far from their picture in the website and I return it to ask for refund but they didn't return my money . Don't buy to Gong Jie.

garyl74
3/23/16

I hope they improve their business to these hundreds of poor reviews.

mariar90

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is the latest order that I am very upset with. I am using dhgate to built a business with a good reputation and lately I had made almost 100 orders in just 6weeks. I believe you have good sellers in dhgate but for those ones that damage your company reputation make your company not to shine.

Let tell you what happened to this order. Your seller placed a listing stating that the doll was silicone and in any area of the listing showed that he was going to sent a pink plastic doll as you can see in the attachment. Instead he place beautiful photos of a beautiful dolls 5'2" tall he also stated in the listing that she has blonde hair dark skin but not black and the description of telling that he designed specifically to make this doll be so amazing.

He also stated that the doll cost somewhere t
Three hundred something dollars and he's giving 40% discount for this gorgeous piece.

Well I put a listing describing exactly what he offer me on listing and downloaded his photos and put it on my listing to so drop shipping.

My client got just a plastic blow up doll in pink. Now I'm facing a charge back on the sale a bad review and the deceiver was your seller. If he's selling blow up dolls only lets describe exactly what he's sending without deceiving practice that will jeopardize his sales and mines.

katt31
3/23/16

I ordered an embroidered blanket and NEVER received it, so I asked for a refund and the company indicated that I would have to return an item that I never got! Had to contact my bank to get assistance in retrieving my $166.18 - horrid communication, terrible follow through!

irism15
3/22/16

I purchased a dress in early February for my daughter's prom that was March. They promised a delivery date of March 10th and March 11th. The dress arrived today March 22nd I have no use for the dress now, and thankfully I went and bought another dress because what arrived here is garbage, nothing like the picture, the quality is horrible.... the entire experience has been stressful and a lesson well learned....

Tip for consumers: Detailed rating 0.... horrible

casandran1
3/22/16

I order two pairs of shoes only get one the never answer the phone my mom was waiting on the phone with them one day for over 12 he's we literally walked any from the phone ever hr or so and still nothing never order from here they just steal you money

nanduv
3/22/16

I had ordered 10 pairs of gloves and the delivery came in today after two months, with a pair of ladies green socks in a filthy packing, i have been e mailing them, but no reply, this is rubbish company,
more than £ 70.00 is lost, i dont know who is responsible

devinb20
3/21/16

I bought shoes from dhgate and the seller says it has been shipped to my apartment and i have got nothing, nothing at all. im satrting to think this is a scam so can someone please help me and my order number is - 34580157 and the seller is huangjoy. Thanks

dhadhad
3/20/16

i saw a lot of bad reviews from dhgate.. I'm scare to buy from this site.Any suggestions because I'm planning to buy some stuff because they offer cheaper price compare to amazon.

marcies2
3/20/16

I lost under 20$ ordering a women's shrug. It looked just fine but smells like it was dipped in gasoline. It has been hanging since I got it and still smells. When I opened a dispute their response was that I didn't send a PICTURE!

I will be more careful and only order from USA companies.

eugene-jonathank
3/20/16

After successfully transferring $4851.14 to DHG's Hong Kong bank account, the DHG team has NO IDEA where the money is. I"ve emailed Banktransfer@dhgate.com 3 times. NO REPLY. I've called their 800 number 3 times and each time the agent on the phone says "NO FUNDS RECEIVED".

JOY Y!!! Please email me asap. my user name is: jonathan_jgV

Tip for consumers: I will update this section, once JOY Y. from DH GATE replies.

ryanh89
3/19/16

I ordered two novelty lighters they took the money and quite some time passed never received it but they said that it was completed I gave a negative product review I was told by them if I change my review only then I will get my money back I told them I would rather loose my money and tell people the truth about there scam of a site

jonn218
3/18/16

The shipping on dhgate is terrible!!! If you are inpatient don't order from this place because the shipping is so long!

banus
3/17/16

I was about to do some online purchase with DHGate and SiteJabber saved me. Since i had bitter experience with another online shopping site and got to know about that after i spent 100$ and all went in trash, i always makes sure that i visit sitejabber to get the review before i order. Luckily it saved me now on DHGate. Thanks a bunch sitejabber. Funniest part here is when i searched for DHGate it resulted 1807 reviews and i guess Mr.Sil is a dedicated resource for this site appointed by DHGate to reply back to the disappointed persons review with the same content for all.. saying "please send us your PO# and we will sort out things".. when they cannot sort out things that is coming as one at a time, how can he sort all the 1807 issues at once? hilarious...

sandir3
3/15/16

They can't be very good if they have to stoop to false advertising and emails that lure you into ordering with a discount offer they do not allow.
I got an email yesterday that said "you still have a $20. coupon to use". It required $150. purchase so I spent 2 hours looking at all their items and indeed ordered $150. worth. It would not accept the $20. discount. Spent another hour on their customer service "chat". First girl hung up on me and the 2nd just did not comprehend the problem was with DHGate. I cut and pasted the exact email that showed the $20. offer and yesterdays date. She didnt care. Said the $20 had expired days before. I said DHGate should not have sent an expired code to entice me to order under false pretense and since they did anyway they should honor it. She pretty much didnt care and did nothing. They lost a $150. order and a good customer because of their scam.

sharonc76
3/15/16

I ordered a wedding dress. Biggest mistake I ever made. I changed my mind while it was being made. They gave me such a difficult time to refund my money. They even tried to tell me they had just finished and they would have to ship it, even though the order said it would be another month. DO NOT order from this site!! This was the most horrible experience I had ordering online. I will never use or recommend the site. The sellers do not respond until you say you want a refund. Then they try to send it to you anyway. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. I hope the site is shut down.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!! They try to keep your money and not refund it.

tyshieraj
3/14/16

I ordered my $#*!ing prom dress and they cancelled my order and took my money , don't use this website , and they won't answer the $#*!ing phone stupid ass fraud

gabrielea
3/14/16

I ordered something special and never recvied it...sent them an email and they never even help it seemed like just a damn bot responding back this place is a joke never bying from here again

pl855
3/11/16

purchased 2 items from them shipping information sent out, goods never arrive , and the seller does not want to give a refund, DHGATE dont want to get involved to resolve the problem . My advice pay more and get what you want through EBAY it is not worth the hassle

bhisdcbihwegcih
3/10/16

They are sooooooooo fakeeeeeeeeee have you see the kobes

javierd13
3/9/16

No info in my order

sydneyt8
3/8/16

I have always been weary of online shopping, but when a close friend of mine received an amazing makeup brush kit for such a low price off of 'DHgate" I had to give it just one try.... I kid you not it's been my go to site for makeup and beauty products ever since. Some things do take longer to ship than others, but granted they are shipped internationally. Some things are shipped the next day by DHL. I love it. It is not a scam. Great offers, especially compared to Amazon(which I absolutely can not stand!!!) So on that note it is great in my personal opinion! Keep it up DH Gate.

vt10
3/8/16

Oh wow, surprised! People out there who are reading my bad reviews of DHGATE. They respond to my review but never replied to the 10 emails that I sent them! What a joke !

FRAUD !! DHGATE IS A FRAUD COMPANY!

gretchenm8
3/7/16

I was promised shipment within 35 days, now they state it will be the end of March. I'm anxious to receive my wedding dress.

Received a delivery, but it wasn't my dress. It was a child size bracelet. So mad!

kivab
3/6/16

First off all i thought it was a good site cause my daughter order from here but when it came to me order my stuff i got rip off so yes i say its a scam they took my money off my card then had nerve email me and say my stuff been cancel wtf and i cant find the order they erase it glad i love screenshot my stuff and my card automatic send me a text when domething been purchase so am waiting on the $#*!ery glad yall got yall stuff but alot of people have been scam from this site.....i guess i stay with the ines i no in america were i can pull up and hop out.fr...

metidam
3/6/16

Something is wrong with search today. Only 79 results for keyword "rattle". It's impossible. And earlier there were thousands of results.
Customer support in the chat doesn't understand anything about this problem and they closed chat session without any notification. Awful service.

tayjahw
3/5/16

my mom order my prom dress on Valentine's Day of 2016 and I still have yet to receive the dress

hakanu
3/4/16

BOUGHT 80+ DOWNLIGHTS
SELLER lily-lx, FOR LEDKING OPTOELECTRONIC(HK) LTD
DHGATE ALLOWS SELLER TO ADVERTISE 3 YEARS OF WARRANTY-BUT WON'T HELP YOU AFTER TRANSACTION IS COMPLETED WHEN SELLER WoN'T RESPOND
STILL SELLING AND ADVERTISING 3 YEARS WARRANTY
SPEND EXTRA AND BUY LOCAL- NO HEADACHES

po#1460649238 and yes i have already tried for three weeks through dhgate messaging & disputes
dhgate shouldn't let sellers advertise years of warranty on their site if they are not prepaired to step in and resolve issues
-6 WEEKS LATER & MANY MESSAGES LATER & DHGATE CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY SELLERS ARE ALLOWED TO ADVERTISE WHERE DHGATE CAN'T HELP YOU
ATLEAST EBAY BANS SELLERS FOR NOT HONOURING THEIR AD

donnat54
3/1/16

Does this mean I ordered a beautiful bouquet and I got scammed?

traceys44
2/29/16

I placed an order for Sneaker for my daughter, I thought the sneaker would arrive sooner but after checking, (my fault) I did not pay extra for additional shipping options. So I waited. Upon checking it said the order would be received with 7-21 days, at that point I thought it was a scam. I message the sender and they replied, order shipped. I continued to check the tracking process of the shoe, still in disbelief. Around the 12th day I check and it was actually shipped and received. I could belief it after hearing the bad stories online. So I owe an apology. Shoes were received and look good. Great experience!!

elliota15

Don't even bother guys.
You're on this website hoping to buy some Yeezy apparel or some new shoes or else what, but take it from me, if you're living anywhere else besides China, you will not receive your item.
Now let's see how long it takes for an automated response from the website telling me to give my tracking number and telling me to have a 'wonderful day'.

Don't Do It. It Isn't Worth Losing Your Money For.

Tip for consumers: Site Jabber is good, DH GATE IS FAKE AS KIM K'S ASS

agustina4
2/29/16

I ordered a raincoat from China through DHGATE. It was received by mail 6 weeks after I ordered. The size ordered was XL and I received a Small. Returning the item requires following a strict and laborious protocol. Returning a raincoat that weighted less than 1 pound using USPS was $36.00. Almost the cost of the raincoat. The seller claims they will not reimburse the mail fees for returning the item. I am still waiting for reimbursement. For me the potential savings are not worth the hassle and risk of potential loss of the total purchase price of the item.

193 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DHgate staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5 hours ago
Add your answer
7 hours ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the DHgate staff and other customers.

49 Photos for DHgate