US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

freyal

DHgate's customer service as per my experience is very helpful and always available anytime, any day.. (in 126 reviews)

tipzr

It's been a week since they charged me yet I got no response from the seller. (in 477 reviews)

jennyv6

I was nervous to order my wedding dress from China, but we were able to communicate back and forth. (in 286 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

annmaries3
3/25/16

The dress was 3 different shades of red and had beading that was not listed in the description. My daughter was left in tears. She is a size 8 right off the rack. The dress fit everywhere except the shoulder. It was an A-symmetrical design and the single arm hole opening was only 6 inches with no stretch. I emailed the seller and sent 7 pictures as evidence. I was told that it was made to a size 8 specifications at the factory and there was nothing they could do. They are no longer answering my emails. I tried requesting a refund from DHGate but since the order was already processed, it was denied and I was told to contact the seller. I am out $130 and stuck with a dress that I can't even re-sell!

Tip for consumers: Don't Do It!!!!

frankf48

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DHGATE. PERIOD

dhgatei

Please report to cyber crime of Hong Kong

Hi EVERYONE, I am one of the person that have been scam from dhgate, please report your incident to the Hong Kong police at this link https://secure1.info.gov.hk/police/eforms/report_cyber_crime_en.php

Dhgate have scam my money close to $1000 USD. I am a Hong Kong resident and I am able to connect to the HK police and they have launch the investigation, if enough people to report this company, we can help shut this FRADULENT company, please do so and we can combine our force to stop this. I am sending this same email out to as much people as possible on Sitejabber.com

Good Luck.

anitac17
3/24/16

The worst site to buy clothes. I bought a dress for my daughter and when I received it disaster it's too far from their picture in the website and I return it to ask for refund but they didn't return my money . Don't buy to Gong Jie.

garyl74
3/23/16

I hope they improve their business to these hundreds of poor reviews.

mariar90

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is the latest order that I am very upset with. I am using dhgate to built a business with a good reputation and lately I had made almost 100 orders in just 6weeks. I believe you have good sellers in dhgate but for those ones that damage your company reputation make your company not to shine.

Let tell you what happened to this order. Your seller placed a listing stating that the doll was silicone and in any area of the listing showed that he was going to sent a pink plastic doll as you can see in the attachment. Instead he place beautiful photos of a beautiful dolls 5'2" tall he also stated in the listing that she has blonde hair dark skin but not black and the description of telling that he designed specifically to make this doll be so amazing.

He also stated that the doll cost somewhere t
Three hundred something dollars and he's giving 40% discount for this gorgeous piece.

Well I put a listing describing exactly what he offer me on listing and downloaded his photos and put it on my listing to so drop shipping.

My client got just a plastic blow up doll in pink. Now I'm facing a charge back on the sale a bad review and the deceiver was your seller. If he's selling blow up dolls only lets describe exactly what he's sending without deceiving practice that will jeopardize his sales and mines.

katt31
3/23/16

I ordered an embroidered blanket and NEVER received it, so I asked for a refund and the company indicated that I would have to return an item that I never got! Had to contact my bank to get assistance in retrieving my $166.18 - horrid communication, terrible follow through!

irism15
3/22/16

I purchased a dress in early February for my daughter's prom that was March. They promised a delivery date of March 10th and March 11th. The dress arrived today March 22nd I have no use for the dress now, and thankfully I went and bought another dress because what arrived here is garbage, nothing like the picture, the quality is horrible.... the entire experience has been stressful and a lesson well learned....

Tip for consumers: Detailed rating 0.... horrible

casandran1
3/22/16

I order two pairs of shoes only get one the never answer the phone my mom was waiting on the phone with them one day for over 12 he's we literally walked any from the phone ever hr or so and still nothing never order from here they just steal you money

nanduv
3/22/16

I had ordered 10 pairs of gloves and the delivery came in today after two months, with a pair of ladies green socks in a filthy packing, i have been e mailing them, but no reply, this is rubbish company,
more than £ 70.00 is lost, i dont know who is responsible

devinb20
3/21/16

I bought shoes from dhgate and the seller says it has been shipped to my apartment and i have got nothing, nothing at all. im satrting to think this is a scam so can someone please help me and my order number is - 34580157 and the seller is huangjoy. Thanks

dhadhad
3/20/16

i saw a lot of bad reviews from dhgate.. I'm scare to buy from this site.Any suggestions because I'm planning to buy some stuff because they offer cheaper price compare to amazon.

marcies2
3/20/16

I lost under 20$ ordering a women's shrug. It looked just fine but smells like it was dipped in gasoline. It has been hanging since I got it and still smells. When I opened a dispute their response was that I didn't send a PICTURE!

I will be more careful and only order from USA companies.

eugene-jonathank
3/20/16

After successfully transferring $4851.14 to DHG's Hong Kong bank account, the DHG team has NO IDEA where the money is. I"ve emailed Banktransfer@dhgate.com 3 times. NO REPLY. I've called their 800 number 3 times and each time the agent on the phone says "NO FUNDS RECEIVED".

JOY Y!!! Please email me asap. my user name is: jonathan_jgV

Tip for consumers: I will update this section, once JOY Y. from DH GATE replies.

ryanh89
3/19/16

I ordered two novelty lighters they took the money and quite some time passed never received it but they said that it was completed I gave a negative product review I was told by them if I change my review only then I will get my money back I told them I would rather loose my money and tell people the truth about there scam of a site

jonn218
3/18/16

The shipping on dhgate is terrible!!! If you are inpatient don't order from this place because the shipping is so long!

banus
3/17/16

I was about to do some online purchase with DHGate and SiteJabber saved me. Since i had bitter experience with another online shopping site and got to know about that after i spent 100$ and all went in trash, i always makes sure that i visit sitejabber to get the review before i order. Luckily it saved me now on DHGate. Thanks a bunch sitejabber. Funniest part here is when i searched for DHGate it resulted 1807 reviews and i guess Mr.Sil is a dedicated resource for this site appointed by DHGate to reply back to the disappointed persons review with the same content for all.. saying "please send us your PO# and we will sort out things".. when they cannot sort out things that is coming as one at a time, how can he sort all the 1807 issues at once? hilarious...

sandir3
3/15/16

They can't be very good if they have to stoop to false advertising and emails that lure you into ordering with a discount offer they do not allow.
I got an email yesterday that said "you still have a $20. coupon to use". It required $150. purchase so I spent 2 hours looking at all their items and indeed ordered $150. worth. It would not accept the $20. discount. Spent another hour on their customer service "chat". First girl hung up on me and the 2nd just did not comprehend the problem was with DHGate. I cut and pasted the exact email that showed the $20. offer and yesterdays date. She didnt care. Said the $20 had expired days before. I said DHGate should not have sent an expired code to entice me to order under false pretense and since they did anyway they should honor it. She pretty much didnt care and did nothing. They lost a $150. order and a good customer because of their scam.

sharonc76
3/15/16

I ordered a wedding dress. Biggest mistake I ever made. I changed my mind while it was being made. They gave me such a difficult time to refund my money. They even tried to tell me they had just finished and they would have to ship it, even though the order said it would be another month. DO NOT order from this site!! This was the most horrible experience I had ordering online. I will never use or recommend the site. The sellers do not respond until you say you want a refund. Then they try to send it to you anyway. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. I hope the site is shut down.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!! They try to keep your money and not refund it.

tyshieraj
3/14/16

I ordered my $#*!ing prom dress and they cancelled my order and took my money , don't use this website , and they won't answer the $#*!ing phone stupid ass fraud

gabrielea
3/14/16

I ordered something special and never recvied it...sent them an email and they never even help it seemed like just a damn bot responding back this place is a joke never bying from here again

pl855
3/11/16

purchased 2 items from them shipping information sent out, goods never arrive , and the seller does not want to give a refund, DHGATE dont want to get involved to resolve the problem . My advice pay more and get what you want through EBAY it is not worth the hassle

bhisdcbihwegcih
3/10/16

They are sooooooooo fakeeeeeeeeee have you see the kobes

javierd13
3/9/16

No info in my order

sydneyt8
3/8/16

I have always been weary of online shopping, but when a close friend of mine received an amazing makeup brush kit for such a low price off of 'DHgate" I had to give it just one try.... I kid you not it's been my go to site for makeup and beauty products ever since. Some things do take longer to ship than others, but granted they are shipped internationally. Some things are shipped the next day by DHL. I love it. It is not a scam. Great offers, especially compared to Amazon(which I absolutely can not stand!!!) So on that note it is great in my personal opinion! Keep it up DH Gate.

vt10
3/8/16

Oh wow, surprised! People out there who are reading my bad reviews of DHGATE. They respond to my review but never replied to the 10 emails that I sent them! What a joke !

FRAUD !! DHGATE IS A FRAUD COMPANY!

gretchenm8
3/7/16

I was promised shipment within 35 days, now they state it will be the end of March. I'm anxious to receive my wedding dress.

Received a delivery, but it wasn't my dress. It was a child size bracelet. So mad!

kivab
3/6/16

First off all i thought it was a good site cause my daughter order from here but when it came to me order my stuff i got rip off so yes i say its a scam they took my money off my card then had nerve email me and say my stuff been cancel wtf and i cant find the order they erase it glad i love screenshot my stuff and my card automatic send me a text when domething been purchase so am waiting on the $#*!ery glad yall got yall stuff but alot of people have been scam from this site.....i guess i stay with the ines i no in america were i can pull up and hop out.fr...

metidam
3/6/16

Something is wrong with search today. Only 79 results for keyword "rattle". It's impossible. And earlier there were thousands of results.
Customer support in the chat doesn't understand anything about this problem and they closed chat session without any notification. Awful service.

tayjahw
3/5/16

my mom order my prom dress on Valentine's Day of 2016 and I still have yet to receive the dress

hakanu
3/4/16

BOUGHT 80+ DOWNLIGHTS
SELLER lily-lx, FOR LEDKING OPTOELECTRONIC(HK) LTD
DHGATE ALLOWS SELLER TO ADVERTISE 3 YEARS OF WARRANTY-BUT WON'T HELP YOU AFTER TRANSACTION IS COMPLETED WHEN SELLER WoN'T RESPOND
STILL SELLING AND ADVERTISING 3 YEARS WARRANTY
SPEND EXTRA AND BUY LOCAL- NO HEADACHES

po#1460649238 and yes i have already tried for three weeks through dhgate messaging & disputes
dhgate shouldn't let sellers advertise years of warranty on their site if they are not prepaired to step in and resolve issues
-6 WEEKS LATER & MANY MESSAGES LATER & DHGATE CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY SELLERS ARE ALLOWED TO ADVERTISE WHERE DHGATE CAN'T HELP YOU
ATLEAST EBAY BANS SELLERS FOR NOT HONOURING THEIR AD

donnat54
3/1/16

Does this mean I ordered a beautiful bouquet and I got scammed?

traceys44
2/29/16

I placed an order for Sneaker for my daughter, I thought the sneaker would arrive sooner but after checking, (my fault) I did not pay extra for additional shipping options. So I waited. Upon checking it said the order would be received with 7-21 days, at that point I thought it was a scam. I message the sender and they replied, order shipped. I continued to check the tracking process of the shoe, still in disbelief. Around the 12th day I check and it was actually shipped and received. I could belief it after hearing the bad stories online. So I owe an apology. Shoes were received and look good. Great experience!!

elliota15

Don't even bother guys.
You're on this website hoping to buy some Yeezy apparel or some new shoes or else what, but take it from me, if you're living anywhere else besides China, you will not receive your item.
Now let's see how long it takes for an automated response from the website telling me to give my tracking number and telling me to have a 'wonderful day'.

Don't Do It. It Isn't Worth Losing Your Money For.

Tip for consumers: Site Jabber is good, DH GATE IS FAKE AS KIM K'S ASS

agustina4
2/29/16

I ordered a raincoat from China through DHGATE. It was received by mail 6 weeks after I ordered. The size ordered was XL and I received a Small. Returning the item requires following a strict and laborious protocol. Returning a raincoat that weighted less than 1 pound using USPS was $36.00. Almost the cost of the raincoat. The seller claims they will not reimburse the mail fees for returning the item. I am still waiting for reimbursement. For me the potential savings are not worth the hassle and risk of potential loss of the total purchase price of the item.

lorendar
2/29/16

DO NOT ORDER. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND SEND NO PRODUCT. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL NOT HELP YOU. IT IS A SCAM SIGHT. I've spoken with customer service twice and they have not yet once followed through with what they said they would. They would not even send me an email confirmation to confirm they had submitted a claim. The whole thing is a scam. Don't waste your hard earned money on this place.

tamikaf1
2/28/16

wow

tricillan
2/26/16

this is my fist order to e...
am scared of reading the reviews...
anybody can help..?

bigh1
2/26/16

I am a first time buyer was very pleased with the service was a little skeptical but as I found out there a real legit business shoes may not be authentic but they are very very well put together so my experience was good sorry for those who had a bad one

naivec
2/26/16

Like many others - do not buy from HGGate. It looks like legitimate business - but it is not. You will not receive the item - and if yes - it will be a poor counterfeit. Best bet - if paying - pay by VISA - they have a system to get your money back. My son`s order is in dispute now. In few month we hope to get his money back. STAY AWAY - IT IS A SCAM. And my advise - just go to ALIBABA and buy directly from manufacturers. AWOID DHGate - which is DHDishonest

natalieh31
2/25/16

This place sucks I ordered a hoverboard and my house caught fire while it was charging. It ruined my life, burned my car in the garage, and my whole living room. Then my wife had left me and even took the kids because she didn't want me to buy it in the first place. Wow, not to mention the house is still being paid off, I hate this site I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy from here, the hoverboard was also all in Chinese.

tc71
2/25/16

Before you make the mistake of spending any money on this website like I did, read these reviews.

I purchased an item 3 days ago, after I purchased it I thought I had better check the reviews to make sure that it wasn't a bad site. As you can tell the reviews are horrid, out of the hundreds of reviews I read I only found ONE good one. That one good review had me hoping that I was one of the lucky ones and it wouldn't happen to me.
I know 3 days isn't much but my account has 'pending shipment' since I bought it, 3, almost 4 days ago now my item should definitely have been shipped by now.
Like many other comment say, good luck reaching the sellers, they do not respond as the website is one big scam, I have sent numerous messages to my seller with no response. I should have known when I was purchasing my item and it said that they have more then 9999+ available which seemed a bit extreme.
So word of warning guys, don't even risk buying off this site, stick to gumtree or eBay because they're sites you know you can get your money back if your scammed, this one has successfully gotten away with hundreds of fraudulent activities.
They don't give you an option to rate your sellers or see the personal sellers reviews which is another clear indication of a scam that we don't realise.
I will be starting a petition and doing what I can to have this site removed.
Too bad because I would have been an extremely valuable customer I was really excited when I found this app.
I'm sorry to everyone who wasted their time and money on this site like myself.

And DHgate don't bother replying to this with your little automated response saying that you will help because I don't want to hear anymore bull$#*! from your website.

jullietteh

STAY AWAY!!! SCAMMERS!!

sandis14
2/24/16

I am waiting on a refund 3 months now. I was lied to and told my bank is to blame, for 2 months. Today I spoke to someone that told me that they didn't process the refund because the seller didn't have any available funds. HOW IS THAT my problem when I am a VIP buyer and DHGATE stands behind their sellers? If I bail on a paypal transaction, paypal refunds the buyer regardless if I have money in my account or not! This is ridiculous that I have to wait until your seller decides to add funds. NEWS FLASH, that seller is long gone and/or already signed up for a new account with you and is already making more money. Refund my money or I will contact the AG of China and anywhere else I have to fish for my money back. $254.55! Give it back to me! Order 31160217.

Do no real with we are working on it. I don't want to hear that, I want to hear "we processed your refund and it will be in your account within 10 business days". I want to hear this is handled, not some fly by night excuse because Ive heard them all from every single one of your reps (with the exception of the one I spoke with tonight). He said "DHGATE is on your side" PROVE IT. Refund me and recoup the money from the seller yourself. Put his account in negative just like my bank account is right now waiting on that refund. HELP ME or you're forcing my hand at looking at my legal options. Please. Just handle this already.

timr60
2/24/16

I order shoes that my son has saved his money for. When ordering it estimated an arrival in 4-7 days. After 7 days there was no indication that the order shipped. I contacted their support and they provided a tracking number and indicated that the order would be trackable the next day. Here it is the next day and USPS says the tracking number is invalid. This site is a scam.

UPDATE - Still no package and still no way to track the package. I contacted DHGate support and they could not tell me anything. See the attached photo where they acknowledge that there is no evidence of the shipment (but offered no support to resolve the issue).

UPDATE #2 - Seller responded to my complaint. claimed the order was held up due to 15 day holiday break. A couple of issues with that:
1. Chinese new year ended prior to me making my order
2. If you close your business for 15 days for a holiday, then don't claim 4-7 day shipping. that is an outright lie.
3. The tracking number is a fraud (as I now know is typical) and USPS has no record of the shipment, even after the 3 business days I was told to wait.

I have come to the conclusion I will never see my order or my money again. I will file a complaint with my bank and the BBB for fraud but expect no success. Thanks, China for taking my kid's allowance money and ruining his week.

Update#3 - Day13 - The Fraud Continues
received message from seller (after promising that they had shipped the order) that they do not have the exact shoes in stock and offered to send something different (see attached photo). Seller attached photos of shoes that were quite different and obvious rip-offs. Again, they have stolen an 11 year old's money that he saved up himself. this site is shameless.

Tip for consumers: DHGate is simply a middle man that sells items from vendors in China. They do not get involved to settle disputes with the seller and their is little to no recourse as a buyer. DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

ashleyn32
2/24/16

I received an email stating my order had been cancelled when I expected it to have shipped already. I was expecting this product for an event and this notice was extremely inconvenient. This service was unreliable and unprofessional.

danb136
2/23/16

I used DHgate twice. First experience was good. Second experience was terrible after being scammed. I received 2 small empty containers as a shipment. Instead of asking for a refund I wanted the seller to ship what I paid for. The seller was suppose to pay for returning the empty containers but I was given no information on how to do that. I wasn't going to spend more money on something I already paid for. The money was released to the seller after 10 days because I didn't ship back the empty containers.

valeriet10
2/23/16

Bought shoes. Seller said it will take 5 days to ship. 12 days later still nothing. Seller said its because of the new year. ITS THE END OF FEBRUARY! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CRAP!! They told me if I filed a dispute I will get my money back within 5 days, so I did just that and that was pointless! Seller just denied my refund!! The site instantly cancels my dispute saying the seller has provided a tracking number but yet no one (not the seller nor customer service) want to give me the tracking number. Customer service is only "live chat" since the phone number doesn't even work!
BEWARE!!! THIS SITE IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!

mahoganiew
2/22/16

My $#*! never came I spent over 200 dollars on a dress , they hav fake automatic system set up to talk to u , dnt waste your money and or time , this site should be took on the face of earth

donp44
2/22/16

You people stink

183 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DHgate staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6 hours ago
Add your answer
1 day ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the DHgate staff and other customers.

46 Photos for DHgate