US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

danielleg11

The dress was perfect, the delivery was right on time and the customer service was amazing! (in 68 reviews)

anar14

I love my dress not only that but it was different and unique!!! (in 195 reviews)

joshb11

Probably depends on the seller and the type of good. (in 307 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mays29
10/22/14

So far I have a terrible experience buying two dresses from DHgate since july. These dresses were very badly sewn with very cheap materials . I spent about $270.00 . What you see is not what you get. I've since August returned these dresses with another$85.00 for return shipping. DHGATE harbouring these creepy sellers on their site have not refunded my money. This is a shame.

Tip for consumers: Becareful when buying from this company. I am still waiting to get back my money.

jj127
10/20/14

I ordered Jordan's but received Nike Air Max. I wanted to know if it was a mistake and they can send the correct order while I return the Nike Air Max. I was told I had to open a dispute with seller. The dispute was rejected. Now, I have to go thru Hdgate to get a resolution which will take another 15 days. 15 days have already gone by since the item was ordered. This has to be the worst online model ever or it is a scam. I want to lean towards scam since the customers money is tied up for a month. And, my guess is that many customers will keep the bad product and move on. This site will not be around in 1 year but they would have scammed enough money to move on to their next 'project'.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE!

lolal9
10/20/14

DO NOT order from this website. Ordered dress that was completely different than pictured on website. The dress delivered was equivalent to a halloween costume! Asked for refund, their dispute was a waste of time! Took about 6 weeks and they didn't even ask me for my acceptance of dispute. Just decided on their own. Buyer beware!!!

maureenl9
10/20/14

THIS SITE IS A SCAM...DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM HERE!! HORRIBLE...do not buy anything from this site. This dress was purchased for someone who is 5 foot 4 inches and 120 pounds. First, let me tell you about this dress. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Pay the extra 20 dollars and get it from the source in the states. The beading is extremely cheap looking and the dress is about 3 inches to short so your bottom will show when you walk in the dress. I sent this dress back to get the right length and they sent me an even shorter one. The seller claimed that I would have the dress back 10 days after they received it. I paid a lot of money to send it to them via FedEx and it took them 25 days to respond to me that it was done. Then they wanted me to pay for the shipping back to send it to me even though the dress was not what they advertised. All said and done I have been waiting 2 months to get my money back. The after sales dispute team does not respond to emails like they claim they will. I have been trying to get my money back and I am getting no response. This site is a total rip off! Beware, it is a scam.

Tip for consumers: THIS SITE IS A SCAM..YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY

pt24
10/17/14

basically comes down one thing, we placed an order as we had before with identical info as per previous orders, order was not received so a dispute was filed, what a waist of time, they simple replied saying records showed item was in my country and so it must have been delivered, 2nd dispute again a huge waist of time with them saying were releasing funds to seller but that we could forward our comments...very flaky organization with no support whatsoever to the buyers!

Tip for consumers: Our recommendation is never use this flaky business!

maryannw1
10/17/14

I would rate this company a O if I could. Do not buy from this company unless you don't plan to return your item. I have had an on going dispute on a Bridesmaid dress that I bought for my daughter's wedding. I needed to buy three (3) but purchased only one (1) to see how they looked. I received it in a timely manner but the dress was extremely long and it buckled bad in the back of the dress at the bottom of the zipper. It didn't lay smooth at all. I didn't want to pay to have the dress hemmed and altered. I filed a dispute with the company and sent my pictures in like they asked. I have had a dispute on going for 2 months. They only way to speak to anyone regarding the dispute or to get any updates is through the LIVE CHAT. I get the same answer every time I ask for an update. It's still being discussed and someone will contact me soon. I will NEVER buy from these people again. Their customer service stinks. Their communication stinks. I think they are lying to me every time I contact them. I'm probably out my $100 for my dress. Lesson learned. Never buy from this company again!

Tip for consumers: Do not buy from this company unless you know you won't need to return it.

barbarat15
10/16/14

I'd give it 0 stars if I could..they suck..I purchased shoes for my wedding..When I received them they was broke...file dispute..weeks went by..NOTHING...FINALLY AFTER SEVERAL EMAILS ...GOT A CALL SAY ING REFUND WOULD BE RECORDED IN DAY OR TWO...BEEN OVER A MONTH STILL NOTHING...THEY ARE A RIP OFF N YOU CAN ONLY LIVE CHAT..NO U.S. NUMBER...DONT BUY FROMVTHEM...

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THEM...THEY SUCK..

lucac14
10/16/14

I bought 22 nutribullet 900 and paid by them tricking me into giving them my credit card details
so they did the sale with out me even confirming it but I did want them I got them for $83.00US and then once payment came out of my account they said to me that they are $96 each now which off course I told them that they shouldn't of taken the money for starters and there was no way I was gonna pay more for them and then the deal was I receive them delivered with in 10days it was garranteed and then I was supplied a tracking number with DHL and it was not moving no where it was a fake cause I spoke to dhl and they said that nothing had been dropped off or picked up 5 days after the tracking number was given to me and then I complained to the seller and dh gate on the 25th a dispute was lodged and then another dhl tracking number and date was supplied to me which I called again and the same thing happen no goods and the weight and sizes of the goods was like 5% of the original weight and size and the selker would not reply to my messages and on the 1st of October a mediation was put in place for a full refund which anyone can see its a scam from the seller and on the 9th I get another dhl tracking number and totally different location for shipoing and the same thing no goids for delivery and the sizes of the packages and weight were no where near the original sizes and weight so I told dh gate that clearly indicates that the seller is a scam but they dh gate keep saying tomorrow day after day and now it's the 17th and still no reply so there not helping me out if anything there a scam and they are on the scammers sellers side not the customer and its been a month since payment was taken out of the bank account at the end of the day they will not refund you they are a fraud and scam dh gate and the biggest liars going never ever have I been ripped off before and they should be shut down so no one else gets ripped off.
I hate use DH GATE
And don't use there site

Tip for consumers: ratings for service, none. value, none. shipping, none. returns, none. quality, none. star ratings are not applicable to add that is the tip for others who might use this site

bethm27
10/15/14

"LAOWANG" Beijing. DISHONEST, LYING THIEF.

Here's what happens. You place an order, you pay for your order. You ask seller some questions about your order - they never reply. 1st alarm bell.

FINALLY you get some help through the live chat, and the seller says they will ship the order before the deadline. And they do - exactly one day before. 2nd alarm bell. They actually wait until the deadline to ship (so that THEY don't get penalised).

So you get a tracking number, and wait all those days for it to show up and guess what? THE TRACKING NUMBER IS A FAKE! 3rd alarm bell. Your order has been delivered somewhere else, and nobody will tell you where or why.

You might get your money back, but it's been unavailable to use for TWO MONTHS!!!! That's the bit that gets me - you pay for something, you think it's well spent on an order that's being processed, but actually two months later you have NOTHING. No product, no refund. And all that wasted time when you could have brought something else from another seller, THAT WASN'T A THIEVING, LYING, DISHONEST SO-CALLED "MANUFACTURER".

Shame on you DHGate. And shame on you ALI EXPRESS, because they do EXACTLY the same thing too.

There are some honest sellers, but the bad ones (eg LAOWANG) should be struck off.Don't leave them trading and waiting for the next unsuspecting buyer please!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THE SITE! They will take your money and have full use of it while they lie to you. When you end up two months later with nothing to show for it, you might get a refund, but what about interest on the money they have used (YOUR money). What about your wasted time AND STRESS LEVELS!!

erciny
10/15/14

DO NOT BUY !!!!!
DON'T DO IT !

i paid for a dress, for my bridesmaid to wear, I told the DHGATE seller, once I receive i do like it I will buy another 2 for my bridesmaid. I CLEARLY stated in my emails 5 times I want chiffon material not satin..so what happens ? I receive the dress in satin. Thank god i kept all the emails as evidence as they tried to tell me I never told them I want it in chiffon. They are pathetic and they do not understand, you can communicate with them, as they don't even understand English. So then I sent the dress back, and emailed them the tracking number, so they can track it as well as myself. 1 weeks later I tracked the parcel, and it was delivered, so when I emailed the seller, I asked for my refund. The seller said 'we have not received the dress yet' i AGAIN sent them evidence, that it had be delivered back to them. They told me to open a case, which I did, otherwise I would not be able get a refund back. Its now been 2 days I am still waiting for my refund (even though I sent the dress 4 weeks ago now), DH gate is a SCAM! I have kept all my evidence, all my emails from them, and they are liars ! They only wanted to help, when I left them a BAD feedback for the seller, they called me straight away after the feedback, and said I should remove the feedback.
DO NOT ORDER!!!!

robt129
10/14/14

bought a dogdy laptop - worked for 2 minutes then refused to work again, countless emails to customer service, countless vonversations with the Seller. still in progress they are are slow as paint waiting to dry. Can't seem to get my money back- i've sent images and explanations of this supposed hi quality laptop and also a video evidence, 1 month later still waiiting, it's like they're trying to find a reason not to give me my money back. empty promises from customer service. Most disappointed. I will pre warn anyone on facebook, review sites of just how devious, underhand pack of thieving bastards they are.

Tip for consumers: Your better off using another reliable honest site than DH Gate, they really are a pack of thieving underhanded crooks!!!

patrickv6
10/11/14

"I placed a order for 300$.After a few days i got a mail from the seller who asked to confirmate my payment.DHgate said that they received my payment but they needed a security number.After asking this number by my bank and sending it t DHghate they wanted a picture from the front and backside from my Credit Card.I did not do this burt told them that i will ask my bank and Credit card to recover my money.Immediately got 3 mails that everything was ok now.Then the seller ask me to pay 35$ more... The help line closed 2 times their line when i asked what now? Its clear that i wil not get my order. I hope to get my money back. And i will order the same item for just 17$ in a internet shop where i had a lot of good experiences.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this site!

mikeg92
10/10/14

I GOT A REFUND BUT HAD TO PLAY DIRTY. My business is Mascot Costume manufacture. I was flat out busy and decided to buy a mascot costume from a trader on DH Gate to strip and use the base to save some time.

What arrived was incomplete, made from poor quality material and damaged. The trader would not help, they just tried to tie me up in stupid questions, DH Gate resolution center abandoned me and said they could not help so was I was left in the wind with no refund.

I noticed on the paperwork they had lied about the package they sent me. They had marked it up as childrens clothes rather than a mascot costume to save on export duty.I had to stoop to threatening to report them to the authorities to get a refund - it worked though and I got my money back. If it hadn't been for that inconsistency though I would have gotten nothing and suffered their tried and tested customer abuse scam

Tip for consumers: My tip is - don't. Go and find another more reputable sourse

ardyc
10/9/14

DHGATE is selling COUNTERFEIT items. Cheap, sure, cause they are COUNTERFEIT, ALL OF THEM. Try returning something - very expensive. I'm out over $1300 for COUNTERFEIT goods, shipped back @ $500 and NO REFUND for any.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY FROM DHGATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevew102
10/9/14

I ordered CPR masks thru DHGate, it took 16 days and my order arrived exactly as ordered. The product was what I expected and I saved 75% from what it would have cost me here in the USA. That said, I was pretty nervous after reading all the negative reviews here. The shipment tracking system isn't as detailed as I would have liked, and DH doesn't appear to take any responsibility for resolving problems (though I had none). I'd be cautious about the TYPES of things I ordered, (IE custom stuff), but for generic items - absolutely, I'll use them again.

stasiaa
10/7/14

DON'T DO IT

DHGATE.COM is a load of c****!!!

I bought 3 dresses, I gave specific measurements and what I received was not even close to what the picture is.
when I requested a refund, or to negotiate they ignored me..... response from customer service at DHGATE was to contact my bank for a refund, I did that too and they were unable to as the seller was unresponsive....

so, this has been going on for 6 months now.. still nothing.

I'm not letting this go but I suggest NO ONE bothers with them.

Tip for consumers: DON'T BOTHER YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY!

dickh14
10/6/14

Fraud, plain and simple. Selling cheap knockoff wedding dresses that are poor quality, and using the real manufacturers site to post pictures of what they claim they are selling.

Tip for consumers: Stay away, fraud happens here.

alit14
10/2/14

It's a scam!!! Stay away! I ordered diapers. They sent a real package, with a real tracking number, but then they called UPS, pretending to be Toys R Us, and had the package held back at their loading dock. I never got my package. Basically, i paid for someone else to ship something. Scam Scam SCAM!!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away!!!

josephm80
9/29/14

I got boned twice from DH Gate , they wil not help you in any way, they just pawn you off to their dishonest partners

Tip for consumers: do not buy from these people unless you want to get ripped off

sugia
9/28/14

Bought a couple of times from DHGATE - mostly dresses - i was tired of wearing the same dresses as people as we all shopped on the highstreet shops - so i went online. and saw the dresses were cheap. and i have bought a couple - all arrived in the UK fine - takes a while but they do arrive. we packaged. they fit me as i know my measurements and they have weired sizes as it is in asia so just beware of that go with the centimetres or inches etc. i have always bought one dress at a time. so they do not get confused or fail to send one or send one with the incorrect colour or size. i think that is my tip.

Tip for consumers: try order one thing at a time - less mix up of wrong colour or size being sent to you this way. be aware of your size in centimetres and inches and use that. i have never paid for gadgets - just chlothes and it has all be great experience for me.

sm619
9/28/14

Horrible horrible horrible!!! Remember you're buying from China so if you want to return anything it's pretty much not going to happen. It's a scam honestly...been trying to return a dress and it's in "mediation " with DH Gate which is a joke. Dress came torn and NOTHING like the photo except maybe the color....it had cheap sequins instead of beading which had fallen off or ripped off the dress. The ruching is more like stuffed newspaper inside the dress..definitely NOT TRUE to USA sizes. A size 10 barely fit a size 6 woman. Stay away at all costs!!!

staceyt4
9/27/14

Be careful which seller you deal with. I had a horrible experience with seller SZBERRY1.
I placed an order for my twin 11 year old girls to sell dog collars at a fair and specifically stated in the order comments that I need the items by 10/3. Today I got a message wanting to delay shipment because it would cost the seller money to ship as originally promised.
I said No, I do not agree so the shipment was cancelled.
I am supposed to get a retund, but now I am out the money that I paid the fair for a table to sell items there and my 11 year old daughters are upset.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS SELLER

miekow
9/26/14

Selle dindn't send me a parcel, after I opened a case that seller take an action.
I found out that seller created a fake track number.
Selle rejected to pay a full refund. Total nightmare, I'd never use the site again!

Tip for consumers: NEVER USE it,you'll only be deceived.

emilyb27
9/25/14

First of all it did not come here in time at all and second of all when I finally got it, it looked NOTHING like the pictures. It was suppose to be a corsett and instead it was a zip up and the colors weren't the same. Will never order from here again!

mikel172
9/24/14

DHGate biggest problem, trying to get them to understand what the complaint is. No matter how many times you try to explain the problem and how you would like to have it resolved, they will take the side with the seller. No matter how many times you try to explain what the problem they act like they are robots with no comprehension when it comes to common sense. My 10 year old has a better thought process than they do. Do not buy a cell phone from their sellers. The seller has no common sense either it will drive you crazy.

vicb4
9/21/14

Absolutely unhelpful if passed the period (60 day?). Does not help if you have issue past set time as they are simply not interested. Once they have got your money you are virtually on your own. Jiang666 is a very unethical merchant and I warn all not to have any dealings with them (him). Purchased a 2TB USB Hitachi portable HDD from them. Arrived quite quickly and worked fine for a time but then out of the blue drive could not be accessed. Made contact with Jiang666 via DHgate messaging after many attempts where he furnished and address and contact mobile number and asked they request it be returned for replacement. Last I saw of it and now zero contact through DHgate messaging and mobile number is 'switch off' constantly. Dhgate customer service unwilling to assist. CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT EXIST!

Tip for consumers: Be wary with any dealings. If you must, choose 'Gold Supplier' only

dk31
9/19/14

This website is a SCAM!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!! I was supposed to receive a box with 2 pairs of shoes, I never received it, the tracking number says it has been delivered, but it also states it was a LETTER, not a box. So they sent an empty envelope and sent it to the wrong address intentionally.

briand40
9/17/14

DO NOT SHOP HERE .It really doesn't get any worse than this place . Ordered 10 spot lights for my store , received a fake tracking number , when i complained the seller sent me an empty envelope. 3 months later still no refund €200 down the drain.Contacted DHgate so many times and just been giving the Run around. If you want to get back at this company google "dhgate" and click on there yellow Add as they get charged every time you click on it .

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE, BE WARNED

nicolab7
9/16/14

This business seems to be run by liars. I ordered three bridesmaids dresses in good faith. After they took so long to arrive I had no choice but to keep them due to my wedding day fast approaching. The standard of the fit was disgusting, just put together any how even though they were made to fit.
Please do not ever by from this site. I am currently investigating this with trading standards.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from these liars. They just want your money. The quality is disgusting. After frequent emails they keep lying to me and going back on their word. I had to spend £200 on alterations due to the extremely poor quality of the dresses they provided.

jasmined5
9/15/14

These people are LIARS! Ive been waiting over 2 weeks for bridesmaid dresses, they gave me a invalid tracking number and now they are ignoring my email s and you cant call them! They have ruined my wedding plans and DHL the company they ship through are NO help they told me they would contact the seller,NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN!! Use this site only if you want to get SCAMMED, IM very dissapointed with the service!

Tip for consumers: DONT!STAY AWAY

danielr51
9/5/14

DH GATE SCAM ME.. I ordered a tablet $188.05, The seller sent me a faulty tablet, i returned it and never received it back, I've been waiting almost 3 months now. The seller said she sent it and gave me a false tracking number that show info in Russia when i'm in USA. DH Gate wont help me because the order is closed. I have everything documented too. I asked for a refund she the seller stop responding to me. By far the worst experience I've had ordering online. ITS NOT WORTH IT! PLEASE Help!

dp28
9/2/14

The package has arrived all beaten up and damaged. The tool didn't work as expected, so I opened it and realized that it was a non-working imitation! I complained to seller, he denied all charges. I have opened dispute with DHGate and submitted PDF with detailed fake proof. They requested to ship the item back to China. The return shipping will cost almost $200. DHGate has offered an in-store credit, but I'm not satisfied with this resolution as I am not willing to shop at DHGate again after such a dreadful experience. Stay away from DHGate!

Tip for consumers: Beware! The site's document upload feature only works with IE. No go with FireFox/Chrome. Customer support is slow and reluctant to respond. If you like me will get in trouble and need to return be ready for steep shipping charges back to China. The site's policy is that you have to ship goods back, then they *may* issue an in-store credit for return shipping, so you remain locked in to DHGate.

monthera
9/2/14

Very bad products. .it's a jokes waste of money and time ..they ropes people by showing totally different picture to what they sale..Please don't waste your money it's ..sshtty. .and F..king experience. .I just waste $129

Tip for consumers: Trust ME DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. . $129 for a doll it's stupidly I ordered From them..

almam12
9/1/14

i have a really bad experience with the servie because i got charged twice and i've been trying to get my money back and they have said they have given my money back but i haven't. I've been checking my account and they havent sent anything.I'm very disappointed with the service.

aishaa2
8/25/14

I've bought a children toy watch from them for my son's birthday. It has been 4 month's now and I still have not received my goods that I've paid for. I've emailed them 50 times and I never got a reply!! And not only did they closed my dispute they don't have a phone number you can contact them from. It was my first time ordering anything from their website and it will be the last time too! They are the worst online company to order anything from. All they want is your money and you won't get what you paid for!!!

Tip for consumers: I Do Not Recommend anyone to buy anything from Dhgate!! I truly beliethis site is set up to SCAM us and pocket our money!!!! They are FRUAD!! STAY AWAY FROM DHGATE!!!

stellae2
8/24/14

my experience was okey the order is very easy i like it thank you.

danielah3
8/21/14

Worse online website EVER!! we had a problem with a seller who sent the wrong product and I contacted DH Gates to intermediate in the dispute ( as the seller didn't even replied my messages). They did not do anything !!!
There is no phone number to call, they are no replying my emails, so I ended up with a product that I didn't wanted with a poor quality by the way and is nothing I can do.
No Professional at all!!

andrewl43
8/21/14

Received a product not even close to what I ordered. DHGate is unhelpful, as is the seller. So far I'm out the money and disputing the transaction with my credit card outfit.

lilianm15
8/20/14

OMG Worst company ever. Do not let their website fool u. They are horrible.The pics they use to promo the merchandise is not what they are selling. When u received the item is cheap, bad quality, fake imitation of what u thought u purchased. They lie about their customer protection. That is a big lie. They Will not replace, refund, credit or do anything for u. I saw the horrible reviews & yet i purchased because was something my friend really want. Did not know that my friend purchased something for me as surprise. 2 totally different items 1 big scam. We follow step by step their requirement to get a refund the same day we received the merchandise. We have being trying since. We finally had to file a dispute with the credit card. We intended to return the items but they send it without return label & the shipping charges are so expensive, went over $175 because is China, USP was the cheapest for $90. They refuses to send u the return label & because u can not return it unless u pay the shipping super charges yourself then u can not dispute the charge with your credit card either because you still have in your possession the fake, useless, bad quality items. 2 separate cases, 2 horrible experiences. One more thing... They did not put an invoice number on the invoice. It this a scam or what.

Tip for consumers: Don't let the website fool you. The pictures of the items are taken from another website. I guess because is not the same you receive. Also, don't mind the customer protection is a lie.

caroll23
8/16/14

My experience was excellent. The sales reps though they sometimes delayed helped me out well.

pacogg
8/16/14

Todo correcto, en tiempo estimado y bien

gabriels33

excellent

jeremym35

Good. Efficient service

ericl45
8/15/14

Service has been good so far

shawnt14
8/15/14

The part was sub par was broken when i got it and wasnt able to get s reply from support

andread26
8/14/14

I purchased 3 items from dhgate. the transaction went smoothly. one item was great, one was good but not item that was in the picture. it was one similar but not the same. I would have not ordered that one. One did not work at all.Second purchase, they lost my payment. I was asked over & over to supply the order number which they said did not exist even tho i was getting computer generated reminders to pay it before the computer auto cancelled it. i was told i would get an answer in 2 days. it has now been 4. NOTHING. just that we will cont to let the finance department know. I was not allowed to have an email or phone number I could call direct. Is this bait and switch? these were reg items, not fancy purses, iphones etc. Nothing trademarked at all.
I cant recommend unless they fix the problem on their end. I would be very scared to send ANY MONEY ever again.

Tip for consumers: I wouldn't unless you want to be embroiled in proving you sent the money (quite easy to prove) and some merchants wont take back if the product is a dud. Shipping was perfect tho. Its been 9 days now. Nothing. No money no end in sight. Other than we will cont to let finance dept know.

ceciliah1
8/14/14

Dhgate says you are safe to shop from them. YOU ARE NOT! They will not take any responsibility for their sellers. They direct you to seller to solve problems and do not help at all. Ordered a dress, wich i never got. The trackingnumber was invalid and seller claims that DHL lost the parcel!!!? I was forced to remove the negative feedback on the seller in order to get my refund. After i removed it they just stopped answering my mails.
I WILL NEVER SHOP FROM DHGATE AGAIN!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!!!!
Shop from aliexpress instead!

jaderc
8/14/14

I did not like. The payment was deducted from my credit card, but, have not received any of the products. There is an email stating that the DH would be the reversal, which did not occur.

bobw54
8/14/14

I was expecting the wait for the product I ordered, but I received close to the right light. I ordered a yellow and white flashing light and received a white and white flashing light. I ride with the Patriot Guard and find that the yellow and white helps keeping visible while escorting a funeral procession. My old yellow and white light worked fine for five tears and is legal in all states. White and white are not legal in some states and I travel a lot all over the country. What can be done about this?

marianneb5
8/14/14

I was so impressed when my dress arrived. I needed it for a very important event, and this dress was amazing. I only needed the straps altered which is normal for most formal dresses. It was absolutely beautiful on and looked exactly like the picture. I will definitely recommend this to my friends, and use this site in the future.

7 Photos for DHgate