US Government's NSF

1st Review:
brianc

232 Reviews for DHgate

Review Highlights

Probably depends on the seller and the type of good.

Seller promised 10day to shipping with 3-5 day fast shipping (extra cost).

I ordered a wedding dress from them, and never recieved it.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

4/16/14

I give this site a one because there is not a lower rating. This site is run by a bunch of crooks. I ordered from 7 different sellers. Three products were nice but 2 never sent and I cannot seem to get my money back just a run around the other two were a huge rip off, products very subpar. I think the US customs department should shut them down and not allow them to do business on the internet it is fraud

4/15/14

This website is absolutely terrible and unprofessional. I ordered my prom dress from here took almost 30 days to get here. Turned out looking nothing like the picture. It looked like a half done job. I honestly thought about throwing it away. It was stiff and wasn't even the size I told them I wanted. Never order anything from here. I better get my money back!

4/14/14

I ordered 60 lanterns from their website and did not receive the whole order. They sent us 20 low quality lanterns. Will never order anything from them again.

4/14/14

ABSOLUTE ROGUES. ORDERED A DRESS IN BROWN ASKING FOR A HIGH NECK. RECEIVED A REVOLTING HOT PINK DRESS WITH V AT FRONT STARTING ABOVE MY NAVEL. TOOK FOUR MONTHS AND DOZENS OF EMAILS TO GET A REFUND OF MY MONEY. DESPITE THEIR WEBSITE PROMISES, SAYING THAT A FULL REFUND WILL BE ISSUED IF THE PRODUCT RECEIVED IS SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT FROM THAT WHICH IS ORDERED. I WAS FORCED TO PAY RETURN POSTAGE OF $45 AU THEN THEY TOOK OUT $15 US IN FEES TO GET THE PITIFUL REMAINDER OF MY MONEY BACK. THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. STAY WELL CLEAR.

4/9/14

I ordered a beautiful coral dress for my junior prom and could not have been more excited. The packaged arrived and I opened it to find a hideous orange trash bag-looking dress that fit horribly and looked even worse. That isn't the worst part though. I have been fighting my refund with them for about a month now, and I still haven't gotten my money back. Kind of weird for a site with 100% guaranteed refunds. $200.00 lost... DO NOT TRUST THIS SITE.

4/9/14

This website is very unreliable and does not solve problems well. I ended up losing money on a dress that came 2 weeks late and looked terrible. They do not communicate with the sellers for you and you have to dispute everything on your own. Worse experience ever and I am never ordering anything from them again.

4/8/14

DGgate.com is a not trusfull website. I had a bad experience with this company, I order a wedding dress like 3 months a go, and a never receive it anything from them. the tracking number they provide is false, also I never get my money back. I loss my money with them. $143.00

4/8/14

Refunds never come as promised. Found a seller sent me a fake tracking number, so I put a dispute in right away. DHGATE found in my favor and stated refund would be given. Weeks later I get an email saying refund was give and to wait 10-15 days to show. That came and went and when contacted customer support they tell me 15-25 business days. Thats came and went. These scum bags really think people are stupid and wont do anything. My suggestion to all of you is to do a chargeback. They get enough of these they will have their credit card privileges removed.

4/8/14

DHgate is a scam. The goods I ordered were never delivered.
I sent two messages and mad a complaint and I have never heard back from them.
You will only be throwing your money away if you deal with these people, they are dishonest......it is a scam , beware !!!!!!!!!

4/5/14

I purchased a set of 5 video camera cables. They were made defective.
I followed their stupid process for refund (WHAT A JOKE) but they wanted me to pay return postage to China which was as much as the cost of the cables??? COMPANIES ALWAYS PAY FOR RETURN OF DEFECTIVE ITEMS AND IF YOU JUST DONT WANT IT THE CUSTOMER PAYS IS THE WORLD STANDARD. but not China!!! their website for filing claims is much to be desired, riddled with poor english and improper words used that do not have the same meaning in english... The people who reply back also do not understand english as to what your saying. Now they want ME TO PROVE IT IS DEFECTIVE BY SENDING THEM A VIDEO??? OMG! The button on the return site to send them a "photo" does not work for me??? Then they say if you dont send the video in 3 days they will close the matter and you loose your refund??? My matter was never solved...So I filed with my Bank credit card for refund. DONT BUY FROM DHGATE!!!!!!!!

4/2/14

I wish I could give this site a ZERO rating! I ordered some masquerade masks for my wedding this year, it has been over 40 business days (not including Sunday) and I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED this product! They supplied me an invalid tracking number so I couldn't track my item. Finally after some back and forth via email with someone who clearly couldn't even speak english, I was able to get a tracking number. My package says it is in OH for the last week, at least it is finally in the USA. We will see if it ever arrives. HORRIBLE experience, STAY AWAY from this site, you will end up with no product and no refund for your payment.

4/1/14

Well I ordered a dress from dhgate for prom. While looking at the dress, it was simply an amazing dress. I had to wait almost two months for the dress and when I received it, it was the most hideous dress I'd ever seen. It look absolutely nothing like the picture and now I have to buy another dress. I'm hoping I receive a refund because I M truly unhappy with this dress.

3/28/14

I purchased 100 mr16 type bulbs for my track lighting. I have installed 20 of them. During the 3 months I have had them installed, 12 have failed. DH Gate has been virtually unresponsive and the manufacturer has been unresponsive also. The merchandise I purchased is JUNK. I will never buy from another Chinese website.

3/26/14

I only gave it one star because ZERO is not an option. I'm sure the experience depends on the seller, but the whole point of an auction site is to take away the risk of dealing with an anonymous seller. If you have ANY problem, don't expect DHGate to do anything for you. First, just try to find a way to send a message to the seller - it almost impossible. When you "send a message", it only goes to YOU. Fat lot of good that does. Open a dispute? Nothing happens until the seller responds - if ever. I finally got the sellers attention by ordering the same item again and NOT paying for it. If and when the seller does respond, the seller has 120 days before you can do anything further!!! And you cant leave feedback until you confirm delivery and close any dispute. BE SURE YOU USE A CREDIT CARD AND FILE A CLAIM *BEFORE* 120 days because many credit card agreements will not allow you to dispute a charge that far out.

3/26/14

THEY BASICALLY STOLE PICTURES FROM A DESIGNER AND TRIED TO REMAKE IT

I ORDERED THE YELLOW LACE PROM DRESS FROM ANDYBRIDAL IN GOLD

IT CAME AND THE BOTTOM WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CHIFFON IT WAS SOME SOLID FABRIC AND THE TOP HAD TWO LAYERS OF WHITE SHIPPING AND I CLEARLY TOLD THEM I AM AFRICAN AMERICAN
THE CUTS WERE DIFFERENT
IT WAS NOT FITTED
IT WAS BULKY

I HAD TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO REMAKE THE ENTIRE BOTTOM BACK AND SLEEVE

ONLY PART OF THE DRESS THAT WAS PARTLY SOME GOOD WAS THE FRONT

NOT TO MENTION I HAD TO GET IT STONED BECAUSE IT WAS SOOOO PLAIN IN THE FRONT !!!

3/25/14

bad bad bad website,its almost spam,not being racist but I cant deal with these Chinese sellers online anymore,they re as bad as a fake website,told me they will ship it to me very soon and they didn't do nothing,infact added a fake tracking number to my account.I'm disappointed and hurt, will never order anything from DHGATE!

3/18/14

I bought an item valued at $15.50 USD. The seller valued the item in the packed invoice for $29 USD. This was also the value given on the customs forms. As a result of the seller not doing the paperwork properly, I had to pay $14 in fees to DHL because they had to collect less than $2 in taxes. I only bought from this website because the item was under $20. Canada customs does not charge anything on items under $20 CDN.

DHgate's resolution centre told me i should have asked for a lesser value to be declared, and hope i understand.

The buyers mistake cost me money and DHgate tells me they won't refund the extra costs i incurred because i should have asked for a false declaration of value of goods.

3/18/14

I ordered a formal dress, paid the extra $65 to expedite the shipping. When it didn't arrive, I used the online Customer Service Chat who told me it takes 48 days to process. That was obviously too late going to be too late, so I cancelled order and took the steps the Customer Service told me to take to get my refund. (This was 8 days after I ordered the dress). We rushed to purchase a dress in town for the formal. A week later, I get an email stating our dress has been shipped! I looked up my account, and my refund request was deleted. I used the Online Customer Service Chat who told me that when they ship the dress, the request is deleted. They suggested to do a Aftersale refund request and I followed the steps. The Resolution Center sent me an email who wanted the reason again, so I typed my issue and downloaded my Customer Service conversations that I photographed and sent to them. A few days later (on a Fri.) they email that they need more evidence. How much more "evidence" do they need? I went out of town that day, and on Monday I checked my email, and they said "since we did not hear back from you, we assume you are satisfied" and closed my case.
I contacted the Customer Service Online Chat again (because of the time difference to make a phone call), and they gave me the runaround again. I should mention that whenever they do not have an answer because I am completely right, they disconnect me. ARRRRGH! I have spent hours on this, and my husband said to just consider the $220 gone. That is a lot of money in my world. So mad. I wish I knew how to "get them!"

3/17/14

I placed 3 orders and all of them were cancelled because seller failed to ship. Customer service was absolutely horrible, and rude. I waited 31 days for my last order before it was cancelled. I will never order from them again. Waste of time and money. Sellers dont respond to your questions and its like dhgate hold you money hostage in some sort of scam. Very disappointed!

3/13/14

My daughter ordered a dress for her prom, I cancelled it because they gave me a date later than the prom, they ignored my request sent it anyway late; dress was of poor quality; I sent it back this was June 2013 and as of today still getting runaround and no refund; $179.00 down the drain, Dont order from DHGATE unless you want to throw money away. I Will Never Order Anything Else From Them!!!!!!

3/13/14

THIS IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY STAY THE F#CK AWAY FROM IT.

The payment methods are all non-reversible, and you gonna end up with nothing in exchange of your payment.

3/9/14

Order LEDs bulbs 25 of them, they all stopped working, supplier ignores emails and DH replies with BS customer service reply. stay away from them, especially seller leeu. bad products, bad service

3/7/14

after sale service not good

i have purchase many product from dhgate.com, i have purchase zopo mobile from dhgate.com in may 2013. my mobile screen is broken, seller provide me address, i will sent my mobile back on sellers address, seller did not accept parcel, my mobile still in seller's city post office, seller did not respond, not reply any mails. also dhgate.com not take any action on seller. they told me that, now case is closed unable to do anything. do not purchase product from this site.

3/6/14

I wanted a product. First seller sold to me, gave me fake tracking no, item sold out and seller does not know when it gets back in stock, but I got refunded. Took about a month. Next seller same story, a little bit faster.
3rd seller, very slow. GOT delivery after 45 days, but one acessory item did not work.
Seller claims it works, many many message back and forth. Asked for help from DHGate, got limited/slow help. Finally I sent a film showing error. Seller sends me fake trackingnumber!! After 3 months I got partial refund $20, but only $13 landed on my account.
So much trouble, so long time.
I got the product partially working, but the entire season for the product was over.
Do not BUY, stay away from DHGate.

3/5/14

We started a vape store, ordered thousands of dollars of product. All the product is fake!!!! Nothing works like it should, they put the brand name on junk and sell it to you. You can't get in touch with them. They don't respond to emails. I know we have lost the money we spent. Very expensive lesson. STAY AWAY FROM DHGATE.

3/5/14

Ordered item and it was received in a few days. Opened it attempted to install and use it. Then discovered it was not only counterfit but included pirated software.

Beware of what you are purchasing.. many items are counterfit.. could be intercepted by customs. Then you get caught up in dealing with customs and trying to get your money back from the supplier.

3/5/14

one item was undelivered. full refund given. $84 item was received second hand and faulty. notified the seller, no reply. notified dhgate with 100% refund guaranty photographs and short video clip of the used faulty item was submitted to them. received an offer of $20 which I rejected and they ignored. NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!

3/5/14

Some sellers are great, honest and send the correct products with no hassle. HOWEVER... other sellers are dishonest, sneaky, cunning, and send out faulty goods. When you have a problem (and you WILL at some point), don't expect any help from the staff! The 100% satisfaction/refund guarantee is bull, they do not care about your money once they/the seller has it. DHGate ignore proof of faults sent in photographic and video evidence, and close the dispute and then to not reply to any further requests for assistance. I hear there are much more reputable sites out there selling much the same goods. Do your research carefully before using, I would advise against it! Its unlucky for the few honest and decent sellers that trade on DHGate.

3/4/14

fraud i have order, tracking was invalid. Gate says All right. I dont recived order. lost money.
It scram

3/3/14

I'm glad I took the time to read these reviews! I was considering a purchase through dhgate, but now, I'm going to look elsewhere. thanks everyone!

2/27/14

Have placed orders for several thousand dollars over the past year. delivery has been quite timely and the product has in each case been what I expected. It's important to know what you are ordering. Not a place to order from and plan to return it when you don't need it anymore. I'm sure many customers will do that.

2/26/14

I ordered 42 LED bulbs from DHgate with a 5 year warranty. I have had them 2 months and only 8 are still working. I have contacted the seller and DHgate and have got nothing but a run around. They will not refund my money or even replace the bulbs. They have my money and that is it. DHgate is selling garbage with no intention of backing anything. They just send me messages telling me to contact the seller directly. I tell them the seller won't respond and they just send me the same message again. Going on a month and half now. I guess they got me. Stay away from DHgate!

2/26/14

After two months my package was returned to the seller who sent it to the wrong place but refused to refund my money. DHGate did nothing for me except ask me to review their services. Putting money in a one armed bandit gives better odds of satisfaction.

2/25/14

Stay away! I bought hair pieces . Wrong color was sent to me from two different sellers. They say they do not want you to give them bad review , so they will help, they call you friend, and they jerk you around. Rip off!
They play games and are dishonest . Stay away, you will be tipped off!

2/21/14

After having ordered and paying for 45$ worth of Organza Butterflies- I have been told that they did not receive money. Although I sent approval of the money paid four times - they kept ignoring.

Stay away this is a fraud!

2/19/14

I fell in love with a wedding dress from the DHGate website through the seller AndyBrideLTD. Even though I was wary of buying my wedding dress online, I bought it. First off, they shipped it to the wrong address. Luckily, my phone number was on the outside of the package so the person who received it called me and I picked it up from their house. The package was unopened. When I got home I opened the package and immediately noticed an ink stain on the front of the dress. The bow on the front was also torn and hanging by a thread. When I tried it on, I noticed that the buttons on the back were not on evenly and left big gaps. Needless to say, I was devastated. I contacted the seller and got no response for five days. When they finally messaged me back, their response was that everything was checked before it leaves their store so it must be my fault. The case was escalated to be mediated by DHGate. From there everything got worse. They agreed that the product was faulty but wanted me to pay the shipping back and then wait for the shipping fees and cost of the dress to be reimbursed to me. This would take 2 months. The cost to have it shipped back was more than the dress cost to begin with. When I complained to the customer representative and asked that the seller email me a prepaid FedEX shipping label they responded with "If you don't trust DGHgate , sorry, the DHgate can not help you." I have never received such poor customer service. They are careless with their product and careless with their customers.

2/19/14

I orderd from dhgate may wedding party gifts, I had a good experience with the seller, and the items are very nice, the big problem was with the courier company that was FEDEX, wich here in Greece is a big scam, they ask you a lot of papers regarding the value of the package and then they make you to pay again the value of the package, or even more, witch is veryyy disturbing, telling me that is the custom taxes, how can you pay a coustom tax , that is bigger then the value of the pachage?? the tax should be at least a percentage of the packege value, but no they put me to pay more.... so stay away from fedex, horrible experience with fedex

2/18/14

I ordered a shipment worth $19.93 and waited about 3 weeks and I was finally sent an email stating my order was cancelled due to the shipper not shipping the items. What is wrong with this website and why with all these problems and no positive feedback is it still allowed on the internet. Hasn't it been established that it a scam and if people actually get what they ordered, it is either fake or poorly made, not even close to the description. eBay is the same crap. No offense to China but all their silver is stated sterling silver but when you get it, it is either plated or totally fake. And these sellers are getting away with selling fake silver and advertising it as 925 solid sterling silver. And I being a seller myself am buying this crap in bulk hoping to make some money. I am an honest person and can't sell fake jewelry to people so now I am stuck with fake silver and having to mark everything down and maybe making a buck or two or sometimes just my money back to break even because of these scams. We have to do something about this people somehow.Don't trust anything from China!!!! Buy American!!

2/16/14

terrible! I order Spandex chair covers. I received Nylon chair covers that because not elastic at all can fit my chairs.
I open a dispute. A month after it is still open. The customer service is terrible. The are very slow to reply to your email. They reply like if they have never read your message. They kept asking for evidences which I had already provided.
BTW after my complain the seller change the description of the item removing the word Spandex. NOT HONEST! Stay Away!!!

2/15/14

I will never buy again from Chinese websites. I ordered a product worth $ 60 (standalone TV TUNER) and the seller sent me something else worth $ 40(some kind of game box ????) . I wrote to seller 2 times but he does not want to cooperate. I lost my money. So BEWARE!

2/14/14

I ordered a something for my wedding on Dec 27th 2013 they shipped it Dec 30 2013 It is now Feb 14th 2014 And I still didn't receive my package ! so I email them with the info , and they told me they don't know why I haven't received it to message them in 5 days if I don't get it , so I did then they told me they will send me a free one but I have to pay extra for the shipping ! and they sent me a link to pay them again on a completely different item that wasn't what I ordered ! and it come to More than what they wanted for the shipping ! I will never order from that site again

2/13/14

hello there, do not buy from this website.I bought 10 64 megabyte SD cards from them and they sent me all fake ones that didn't work. Most of the stuff on there are all fake anyway so buyer beware. Emailed them to get a refund but no response and item was no longer for sale. that website should be shut down. please don't waste your money on this website. Have a good day!

2/12/14

Bought a phone that didn't work , they said my evidence was not good enough and kept my money , please don't trust these conmen!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/11/14

PEOPLE DON'T BUY ON DHgate.com BECAUSE THE SELLERS DONT SENDED A GOOD QUALITY AND EVERYTIME WRONG MODEL!! YOU CHOOSE A THING AND WHEN ARRIVE TO YOU IS ANOTHER THING,AND DHgate.com NOT HELP THE BUYERS, DHgate.com dontcare nothing to you!!

2/7/14

This website is a scam!! I ordered 2 different products from 2 different sellers and both looked NOTHING like the picture. I ordered a set of 3 beautiful fake flower hair pins fro my wedding that looked like simple ivory roses in the picture from seller bridelee. The only cost $5 including shipping so I wasn't expecting much but I thought they would at least match the picture. When I got them, 2 of the flowers had fallen off the bobby pins and they were made out of a shimmer material with GLITTER on them. They looked NOTHING like roses and I threw them immediately in the trash. After I wrote a review on the order, the seller contacted me asked me to change the review to something nicer and she would refund my $5. I did not revise it because this is not how feedback works! The second purchase I made was for a wedding veil. In the picture the veil was simple with a very thin pencil edge with no poof to and and it came down to the model's knees. The one they sent me was really puffy and only came halfway down my back! This one was $35 do I requested a refund with picture proof of the difference. Seller custom_made_dress defused my refund and told me that I was wearing it wrong. Uh there is only one way to wear a crappy veil. I told her that I was going to give her bad feedback and then she told me "How bout I refund you 10 dollars and after you give good feedback I will give you the rest" I said absolutely not! This is also not how feedback works! I had to escalate the case to the dhgate and I am still waiting for a resolution. It have been over a month. I will NEVER use this website again and I will tell all my friends not to use it as well!!

2/7/14

Warning this is a scam website! worst website ever! The seller send me the wrong model and dont want to refund me. So i need to send it back to him.. but the shipping cost 3 times the price of the item... The support on DhGate is very lame, not respect buyer and dont care about your dispute problem... never ever buy again on this website! eBay, Amazon or Deal Extrem are a way much better!

2/3/14

I ordered an item from a seller worth 500 bucks, was told by the seller after a month of waiting that they need to get the item as they didnt have it in stock, where infact on the DHgate website it stated that there was enough stock as i had purchased the item. So now after two months of waiting, and trying to track the parcel, i find that even though the seller states that the item was shipped, in China Mail post website say 0 items found, and in Australia Post website, they did not receive the item. So right now i am waiting for a dispute response for a full refund.

2/2/14

I am an artist and I tried contacting them because I saw that some of my artwork being sold through DHGate. I work very hard to create my artwork and to have someone steal it and sell it is really disturbing and taking money out of my pockets. Their answer was for me to contact the seller which of course did nothing because the seller won't respond. I have had this same issue with ebay and Amazon but they asked me to provide the information and will look into it. DHGate couldn't be bothered.

2/1/14

i ordered a pair of wedding shoes in Dec. 2013, I received them quickly, however they were a bit too small. we agreed they would send me another pair for 19.00 and i just coulld keep the first pair. ok, gt the 2nd pair and those were SMALLER. I took pics showing they didnt fit, sent pics showing other chinese shoes same size that fit fine. the 2nd pair did NOT have a size on it anywhere, just wrote by hand on the box. we agreed I'd send both back for full refund. I sent the tracking # multiple times and now when i check the # it cant be located. I wish i saw these reviews. so now in Feb 2014 I have no shoes, I have no more communication and for 1st order, 2nd order as well as shipping back to them i am OUT $113.53. I expect karma to get back to them, I wish I could witness it (and get $ back)

1/31/14

I have used this site before ages ago when I was considering being an ebay seller. No point they drain all your profit through final value fees insertion fees then their is Paypal fees. Anyway im not reviewing them so back to DHgate.com. It is a scam I tried purchasing loads of different goods from different suppliers. Communication after you purchase is dismal the quality of products is rubbish and if your unfortunate you will get bitten by a shark. Best to avoid and no madeinchina.com is not better.

About DHgate
Specialties & Business Description
DHgate is a Chinese wholesale marketplace that connects small and medium-sized buyers and sellers of everything from cell phones to wedding dresses to car parts. DHgate is based in Beijing, China and its name refers to "Dunhuang" an important city on the ancient Silk Road which connected Chinese traders with the ancient world.
Meet the Business Representative