US Government's NSF

8F Building A, U-CENTER, No.28 Chengfu Road, Haidian District,
Beijing, Beijing 100083, China
Tel: 001-2137972133
zhouyanjun@dhgate.com
Shop now for big savings on wholesale products.
Buy Now

People interested in DHgate are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

danielleg11

The dress was perfect, the delivery was right on time and the customer service was amazing! (in 94 reviews)

carolf13

Dress was beautiful, perfect fit and was the talk of the wending. (in 242 reviews)

carlosv13

VERY FAST SHIPPING, AND IM SO SATISFIED WITH MY PURCHASE, I RECOMMEND THIS SELLER 10/10 GUARANTEE!!!! (in 393 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

michaela154
7/27/15

Order Number: 1575798564
Order Time: 06-08-2015

I placed an order on this date. The merchandise that the seller sent me did not match the description. It was a lot purchase in which the items were advertised as individually boxed but they were not. Items were poor quality counterfeits with misspelled words, etc. I requested a refund. DHGate has made me jump through all sorts of hoops including pics, videos, and covering the cost of $90 return shipping for which I'm supposed to be reimbursed. The seller received the package three days ago and I still not have been given a refund. Customer service claims that they need to contact the seller to assure the package was delivered and contents are correct.

I USED TRACKING THROUGH UPS. WHY WOULD YOU GIVE THE SELLER AN OPPORTUNITY TO LIE AND CLAIM THE PACKAGE HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED OR THE CONTENTS ARE INCORRECT? THE SELLER ALREADY TRIED TO SCAM ME ON THE PURCHASE. NOW YOU ARE GIVING THE SELLER THE CHANCE TO SCAM ME ON THE REFUND.

What kind of crazy logic is this?

Last time I'll ever bother dealing with DHgate customer service. I lose $640, lesson learned.

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER SHOPPING ON DHGATE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE TOTALLY RIPPED OFF.

kathrynh12
7/20/15

If I could give DHGate zero stars, I would. Broken product, dishonest "customer service" and promises not kept.

I ordered an item which, upon arrival, did not work. After jumping through dozens of hoops (I'm very persistent) including having to send a video in their specific format "proving" the item did not work, I returned the item.

In numerous emails and in messages back and forth on their web site, they assured me the seller would be responsible for the return shipping cost. I even pointed out to them that the return shipping cost would be almost as much as the product cost, to make sure they wanted me to return the item rather than throwing it in the trash. They emailed me back with a confirmation that yes, the seller would refund me the return shipping cost. This was a lie.

At some point I felt uneasy about the transaction and started saving screen grabs of the onsite message exchanges (which are stored in different placed on the web site -- nothing is straight forward). I also had all the emails. Thirty pages of documentation.

Before the reimbursement was settled, they sent me an email saying that, now that the transaction was complete, they wanted me to rate the company. I said no way, of course, because I had not yet been reimbursed. They sent this stupid email three times!

My instincts about DHGate were correct. As soon as the item was mailed back, and I asked about the promised reimbursement again and again over the next two weeks, they deleted from my account on their web site all traces of the order and all the messages. Like it never happened. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately, although I paid for the return shipping with a VISA, I have no way to dispute the charge, as the payee is the U.S. Post Office, not DHGate.

Lessons learned: 1) Never, ever buy from DHGate; 2) Always do an internet search for reviews when sending money to a company you have not previously done business with; 3) Keep copies of documentation and correspondence in case of a dispute; 4) Buy American whenever possible. If the transaction goes wrong, you will have much better avenues for resolving it.

carlac20
7/20/15

Absolute scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do not use this site, their "money back guarantee" is a lie!

I was told I would be refunded in full for:
1. the product
2. shipping the item back

However, after 3 months of literally (and I seriously mean it) contacting customer service EVERYDAY, I finally received the refund money for the product, but never for the $162.72 FedEx shipping fee i paid!!!!! I am still currently contacting DH gate chat customer service department EVERYDAY! I just go in circles with them! They have told me many times that they do not have good communication with their payment team (for a company that "guarantees refunds" you would think their customer service team would have good communication with their payment team). I know you may be thinking that my bad experience with them may have been due to an error on my behalf, but let me assure you that I followed every rule and requirement DH gate requested of me in order to process my refund. Contacting their customer service team is a nightmare, you'll have to explain your situation to them over and over again, and all they do is apologize for the problem. They never make an effort to fix it! I have spoken to multiple managers and they tell me they will fix the problem, but obviously nothing changes. Honestly save your self a problem and do not use this site. They are disorganized and not true to their word. The products are not made well. the product I ordered (a pair of shoes) came damaged and was not as described in the original ad. I am very disappointed and absolutely convinced this whole company is out to scam people.

edvardasm
7/19/15

DHgate seller hope12 is a liar, constantly changing tracking numbers. I have been waiting for a week and no working tracking number was provided. (before buying seller said he has shipping ready and it will be shipped right away). No actual help from DHgate have been received. Now I have to open a Dispute and wait for even more, to receive my refund. Don't do any business with them, if you value your time, and money. Hope12 and DHgate company are the worst suppliers I have ever had a deal with.

silvanap2
7/16/15

I purchased a emerald green dress from this stupid company DHGate - they sent me the dress but the wrong size - thinking it would be very easy to change this I informed them that the dress was lovely but wrong size - the saga begins. I contacted the seller and addressed the problem - they informed me in broken english that the right size was sent to me - I informed them that it was not the right size and explained that it was probably a size 10 and did not fit me in the breast - they asked me to bring it to a dressmaker and get this altered as there was extra material for me to get it enlarged - I brought it to 3 dressmakers in Australia (even find a chinese one) who all informed me that there was no material to enlarge the dress - the dress could not be altered - it would never fit me - I sent pictures to qualify this and they kept writing back that they were not taken properly and would send me instructions - never received them - DHGate head office finally accepted that the dress had to be returned and my money refunded but that I needed to send the dress back and gave me instructions on how to send them the tracking no. so they could refund me. What a joke - I was suppose to get the return address from the seller (Ballyho) what a fabrication - They lie and continuously lie - The seller kept coming up with solutions - $30.00 refund or how about keep the dress and they would make me a new one as long as I paid $40.00 extra for delivery fee but never was I given a return address - I kept writing to Head Office saying I was happy to return the dress but I could not get a return address from the seller - They ignored me pleas and after 5 days gave my money to the seller because I never sent them a tracking no.
- Do you believe this company. The seller did write back and say that they had received the money but were happy to make me a new dress as long as I sent them positive feedback - I couldn't believe this - Why not blackmail the buyer (me!). These people are disgusting and lie through their teeth. The last response was that they sympathises with me (the customer) but their hands were tied and they couldn't do anything.

I have never in all my lifetime met a disgusting bunch of decrepits like this company. I hope alot of people read this review as they need to know that this company is appalling. I have left out a lot of the saga that happened but I feel the gist of it is here.

Please if your thinking of buying from this company DO NOT!!!

Latest Update
I have had communication from DHGate which have told me that they
have looked at my case and will be sending me a full refund in 10-15 days.
I will keep you posted.

At this stage I haven't received anything.
They also said that they will keep reins on their seller.
New Update:
On 24 July 2015 they informed me that my order had been cancelled and that I would receive a full refund within 2 business days. The time has passed and no refund - this company is amazing. Let's see what they can do next!!!

dennisi4
7/11/15

After spending some time reviewing some fishing items that were advertised I ordered some equipment and told a lot of people about the amazing prices. What a mistake that was as when I finally received my order it was not as I ordered.I tried to call and tell someone what had happened but there was no one to talk to. I then sent an email back about the end of May and asked about getting this resolved. To date (July 8/2015) and I am still waiting. MY ADVICE TO ANYONE DON'T DEAL WITH THIS BUNCH OF CROOKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daisysmellf
7/10/15

I place some orders on DHgate though Chnprice, it can help me find other sellers and the same items by searching image. “Price Tracker” of chnprice is my favorite function. In a word, everything good, received on time, nice package, cheap prices. Help others learn about this online business.
Thank you Chnprice.com

haslindonm
7/10/15

Dhgate are useless when it comes to customer service. I bought obd tester from a seller called obdfactory. turned out to be fake and non functional, instead made my car faulty. Cost me more on repair bill. I returned the unit after seller insisted i return the goods for a full refund from UK to China. Cost me another $60 to return something worth $170. I returned a faulty item back to seller and provided tracking number along with evidence. It has been over 2 weeks and the tracking shows the parcel has been delivered and signed for. Now the seller says they didn't receive the item. I posted the evidence to DHgate and they say they are waiting for the seller to confirm it has reached, even after I shown evidence along with tracking,

judithw11
7/9/15

I have previously purchased a nutribulliet, within 6 weeks it no longer works, the product is under guarantee and I have made contact with nutribullet web site but unfortunately they only deal with american custom. I cannot get onto DH website as they do not recognise my password even though I am sure I have entered it correctly so there is no way I can get a refund and return the product. I will be taking this matter further if I get no result as I am disgusted with service.

ramins
7/7/15

THE WORST EXPERIENCE to deal with a company
I have placed $700 for an order in june 26 it was supposed to be shipped by seller on 27th.
what they did was to give me a random tracking number to put me on wait for some time but after 2weeks there was no update on tracking number (which was false from the begging I believe).
After that i asked the seller what was wrong with the tracking number he answered me with an excuse he said that my items was in custom check!! which meant that I’m not going to receive them any time soon
after that seller was not responding to my messages anymore, then I talked to the agents of DHgate for 4 times but they never helped me at all what they did was just to waste a lot of my time and put me on hold they asked me to wait for them to process which would take them forever
the funny part is if you dispute the trade and if they accept it, it will take them 10 WEEKS to give your money back!!!!!
total waste of money!

lenaa2
7/5/15

I bought a dress from them thinking that even if it was meh, I was still saving money. It didn't come as the picture (but I somewhat expected that). However, the dress didn't fit AT ALL. They said if I returned it that they'd fix it and send it back and they NEVER DID. So not only do I not have a dress that I can try and resell but they won't return my money either. The seller completely stopped replying to my messages and customer service is a joke. They say they'll get it done and just keep sending me in circles. I give up.
WILL NEVER EVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.

deryas
7/3/15

I'm getting married on July 19th, 2015. I have a beautiful dress already from a local vendor and wanted a lighter dress as a second option. I looked through the DHgate website and found this beautiful wedding dress and ordered it. It got here on a very timely manner. However, when I opened the package and look at the dress i was in shock. This wedding dress had stains on the skirt and the under skits. It looked cheaply made and one hip was larger than the other hip. The shoulder straps where too long so the dress kept falling off. I emailed them of course, with my concerns and they told me that i could just send it back and get a refund. Well, reading through the reply it said that I chose to pay for my own shipping back even though I had an option for them to pay it. However if you click on them to pay for shipping, it goes right back to the purchaser ME paying for shipping??? WTH? I emailed them again that I DID NOT WANT to pay for shipping and that they should. Took them days to respond with the same exact answer, they will refund money if i send back dress. OK, so I send them another email with the same exact thing. and they said the same exact thing back except they mentioned that they need a tracking number and that it would cost me around $30 to send it back. I went to UPS and they told me that because of the address of where the dress is going to in China, It would cost me over $300 dollars for a $139.00 dress to ship it back and get a tracking number. This is ridiculous. I rater burn the damn thing before I pay over $300 bucks to send it back. Now I'm stuck with it, stains and all and can't even sell it to someone )-: Thanks for nothing. This is the second time I ordered from China. One was called Rosegal and now this one. Same exact experience. SUCKS!! So upset with myself for not learning from Rosegal not to order again, trusting another Chinese website AGAIN. Won't be made a third time though....

biancab5
7/2/15

I bought a dress on this site to save some money as my formal is in 4 months. The dress they gave me was completely the wrong order and looked nothing like the dress i ordered, and is the wrong size. The dress numbers are both different and I stated that to them and they said that it was the dress i ordered. they wont give me my money back.
I wont be going to formal because i spent the money i had on that dress. :(

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

gabrielv5

THEY SENT ME DAMAGED PRODUCTS AND WON'T GIVE ME A REFUND SAVE your MONEY

halae1
6/26/15

I placed an order for an outfit for my niece's wedding. I gave the seller my exact measurements to make sure there is not confusing over size. I got an outfit 2 sizes smaller. I cannot wear, and nobody I know can wear it. I paid 200 dollars. The seller refused a return, and offered to give me 0.1 dollars (one cent). I took a picture of myself wearing the outfit to show how small it is. Dhgate released the money to the seller because in their opinion that is not sufficient evidence. Please do not buy from DHgate. It is a waste of money, time, and energy.

normang6
6/26/15

I ordered and received 11 LED light bulbs from DHGate (seller was buytoo). However, the bulbs I received were 5 W, instead of the 12 W that I ordered. (also, I ordered one of them to be dimmable, but none was). I sent a message to the seller (buytoo), but after a week I did not receive a response. So, I started the return process. Before DHGate would approach the seller for a return, they needed me to send them "evidence" that the bulbs were the wrong ones. The bulbs had absolutely no markings on them, even though they were advertised as Cree bulbs. To make a long story short, I eventually sent DHGate a picture of the 11 bulbs, with three of them plugged into a power meter. The power meter showed 15 W. This was accepted as evidence. I asked how many of their customers would have a power meter? What else would they have accepted as evidence? But I got no response. I explained that the other companies I have dealt with would just accept back the merchandise, with no hassle. Now, after being assured that the seller would pay the return shipping, I was informed that I would need to pay the return shipping, and then get reimbursed once the seller has received back the bulbs. Well, not quite, there was a handling fee I would have to pay. At this point, I decided not to throw good money after bad, and I stopped pursuing the "returning" of the bulbs. I gave 1 star instead of 0 stars, because the bulbs, albeit the wrong ones, arrived in good shape in good time. There was a mediation process, although it was seriously flawed. I definitely plan never to deal again with DHGate.

rhondag8
6/25/15

This site will refuse to refund your money despite the product not arriving on time. The buyer security claim is complete and utter bull$#*! as their only response was "we can not make seller refund". DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

semrat
6/25/15

My order number : 1573890488.I'm waiting for refund for 39 days.They always stalling! Please refund urgent!!!

wendys48
6/24/15

I placed an order then received notice that ship date was later and would be delayed due to a Chinese holiday. I immediately contacted them to cancel. Their "guarantee" says they do not pay seller until item is relieved. This is false. They would not give me a refund, so I am out the item and cash in time for my event. They said the seller had to approve, but the seller declined. Now my only option is to dispute it. What a huge hassle and I'm guessing it will not happen any time soon. their garuantee is a scam. It's a false promise.

wayner26
6/24/15

DHgate its TOXIC they will screw you like no other. Stay away from them they stole 250.00 from me they are thieves and can not be trusted

ladydeathwingm
6/21/15

I have been shopping off and on on dhgate for the past few years.
Their orders have always taken quite some time to finally arrive(1-2months). Which is to be expected. At those good prices, free shipping, and them coming from China, of course it's going to take forever.
Every thing I have ordered in the past, has been accurate.
I never contacted the sellers, but I can see why returns would be a hassle.
With my personal experience, I really have no complaints.
Just be patient:]

mattm75
6/18/15

Hi Moon,
Nice to hear from you I have listed my request below

1- you did not send the product that you advertised
2- the product you sent is any empty disc
3- I will not pay return shipping to fix your mistake

Full refund
Seller pays shipping

raceauto_tech 2015-06-15 11:25
Hi Matt,

Thank you for your reply!

You mean the CD is empty , right ?
The product have other problem ?

If the problem is product software , you can close the disputes , and tell me your email address.
I will send the software download link to you , you can download it .

Because of transport problems, CD is easy damaged, so we send all softwear online, if the customer CD broken, we will send download link to customer , it is convenience and safe . hope you can understand .

Looking forward to you can close disputes, and tell me your email address !

Best Regards,
Moon
camiesmom2 2015-06-15 13:47
Hi Moon,

1- It is software and false advertisement
2- I have already heard about your download links (trojans, malware and spam)
3- I did not order a down load link I ordered a 3 cd set like the picture shows.
4- This is not China this is the U.S. and here you sell what you advertise or it is called fraud
5- I do not buy fakes I paid full price for a real product and that is all I will accept (NO FAKES, NO FRAUD)
6- You mailed the fake disc now you will pay the shipping to return it to you.
7- I will not close the case
8- Please post the link for my prepaid return postage through (UPS,FedEx, or DHL)

Thanks,
Matt
raceauto_tech 2015-06-15 17:40
Hi dear Matt,

Thank you for your reply!

I am so sorry, I forget told you!

The diagnostic software in your country, It will be mistaken for a virus, before you used it or open it,
you must turn off antivirus software , and your laptop, you'd better just do diagnostic , please do not do other thing.
You can try it again dear .

Diagnostic computer with tool for car, truck , or motorcycle, you'd better do not connect internet and do other thing, because the computer and tool easy broken .

The product itself is ok, no problem .

If you do not need this tool, you can send all product back dear , and please send them by EMS, we just can accept it.

Thank you very much!

Any questions if you have , please feel free to contact me!

Best Regards,
Moon
camiesmom2 2015-06-16 04:24
You said previously "because of transport problems, CD is easy damaged".
1- So why have you not even taped the sleeve closed
2- You shipped my CD with the flap open and the cover face down so it could not close yet you warped and taped the whole package air tight
3- By the evidence, you wanted the CD to be damaged by purposefully not packaging it properly, yet it was still readable and it is EMPTY (FRAUD)
4- You did not send a link for prepaid return postage
5- There is no EMS in my state
6- You said "All market software (CD) is same, you can check other China suppliers, then you will find that." I did not buy from them I bought from you and you advertised with a picture with 3 CD's that were factory produced not a generic reproduction.
7- You shipped a a single generic disc that is empty.
8- All you have given is excuses for why you cannot deliver a good product. ex.(I do not ship CD's properly they get damaged, downloads will be mistaken for a virus) WHAT A JOKE
9- I need a prepaid shipping label for UPS or FedEx or USPS and a full refund I will not accept anything else and I should expect no less from a real company
10- If this was an American company I would of had a refund and an apology with actions long ago but all you give is a VICTIM attitude about how you cannot fulfill your obligations as a seller.

Tip for consumers: Do not give out your email

robr31
6/17/15

This was the worst purchase ever from DH gate as the product did not operate as it was advertised and flew off into the distance to be lost in dense rainforest. The seller and DH gate have NOT been very unhelpful and it was an expensive waste of time. I would warn everyone not to use this site as they sell defective products with no backup service.

And now that they have contacted me and supplied me with a link to the complaints section of their website.... The site won't allow me to upload the mandatorily image before I can submit my complaint.

Tip for consumers: Save your sanity and your money and avoid DH Gate !!!

tonym94
6/17/15

DO NOT BUY FROM DHgate!!!!!!THE SELLER ask for over 400.00 for shipping after the ad said free shipping.i put in a refund request and the seller turned it down,promise to give me free gifts if I would just pay the extra shipping.DHgate has done nothing to help.they still allow the seller to keep the free shipping ad.even after DHgate agreed that the ad said free shipping..THE SELLER WILL GIVE YOU A BAD SHIPPING NUMBERS.after you find out that the number is bad,They will give you another shipping number after 10 days .that new number makes the refund process start all over.DHgate customer service does nothing but tell you what you want to here.i am trying to get Master Card to stop doing business with them.Everyone needs to call there credit card company and report them,put them out of bussiness.

lorrainer9
6/17/15

I had cancelled my order after I received calls from the manufacturer in China. My conversations with them made me uncomfortable buying my wedding dress from them. I verbalized and communicated via email through dhgate that i wished to cancel my order. The first dress arrived 3 weeks later and after frustration trying to return it and the dress fit well I decided to keep it. I had clearly canceled the second dress. I then received a notice that they refused to cancel the order as they had already bought the material and started on the dress. This was not a custom dress and 4 weeks later. They also suggested I sell it here in the states and make money. The dress still arrived. I then again tried to return the dress and explained that this dress did not fit. Because I did not include a picture of myself in the dress which would reveal that my breast were more exposed than I am comfortable doing, I was not allowed to return the dress. Also, during the process I would explain why I wished to return the dress but the case was closed with little communication and before we could come to an agreement as to how to show the dress did not fit. This was with mediation through dhgate.

marciad3
6/11/15

BE VERY CAUTIOUS WHEN SHOPPING ON DHGATE. They are very deceitful on that website. The sellers blatantly lie. If you order anything from them, DO NOT release any money to them until you are FULLY satisfied. They are horrible.
I ordered a phone for my son and they sent me a chinese phone. I live in the US. I didnt realize that it was a chinese phone until my son started going into some of the apps and they were all in chinese. They also sent me a Chinese plug. I tried resolving it with the seller and he was of absolutely no help. He kept telling me to download the app. I asked him to give me the name of the app, and he just kept telling me to search for "THE APP". As for the plug, he kept telling me he'll send one to me on my next order. I told him that I would not be ordering anything else and he just kept telling me the same thing. I tried to dispute it, and they gave me until 6/8/15 to send them a video of the phone and the chinese language, and as I was trying to upload the video, they closed the dispute. They had the nerve to offer me a $15.00 coupon for my next order. What in the world am I going to do with a Chinese phone???????

UPDATE!!!
When I bought this phone, I also purchased square trade warranty through DHGate. Dhgate redirects you to square trade to cancel the warranty. I called square trade on 5/29/15 and they cancelled the warranty and sent me an email telling me that I would get my refund within 3 to 5 business days. I have NOT received my refund. I called square trade back, they told me that because I cancelled the waranty withn 30 days of the purchase, they have not received any money from DHGate, and I needed to call DHgate to get my refund.
I called Dhgate and waited over 30 minutes on hold for them to tell me that my case was closed, but they would escalate the matter and I would get a notification on my DHgate account. Surprise, I have not received any such notification.

Oh, and below is a picture of the stupid phone with the Chinese writing and the Chinese plug.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!!!!

wendyl21
6/10/15

This is a scam. You will not get your product or your money back. They gave you fake tracking number and did not ship the product. When you contacted DH Gate, you chat with one rep, then they purposely disconnected with you and have another rep connected - then asked you to repeat over and over again.

dianeh36
6/10/15

Do yourself a favor and RUN from DHGate. They will not protect you if something goes wrong between you and the seller, but will only waste your time and act as if they are assisting. I have been waiting on my refund after I have provided PROOF OF DELIVERY that items have been returned to seller, for months. I am now out $1697.90, have no products to show for it, and my credit card company, Chase Bank decided they did not want to fight this company for whatever the reason and left me holding the bag. This has been the worst online experience I have ever had. Whenever I post a negative review online to warn other people about DHgate,com, they send a reply and state they are willing to assist and when I try to contact them regarding my case, I get the same inept reps who don't know one end from the other and the EXACT same run around. There are other sites that are reputable and that will protect you if something does not work out between you and the seller. This is not the one.

Tip for consumers: Honey, I'm assuming you monitor DHGate's online reputation because you always post a reply to my reviews regarding your company. But as has been the case for the last few months, you do absolutely nothing offline to back up anything you say in your reply. I am STILL WAITING for my refund. I will continue to post reviews on your company to get the word out about my experience and will do so until you refund me in full. So, if you want to keep playing this game, get ready for the long haul. I mean

lorim33
6/9/15

You contact them over and over and you get nothing. Don't buy from Bestoffers, they are terrible and their stuff is cheap looking and doesn't resemble the pictures. You can contact DH Gate over and over with no resolve.

joannal8
6/6/15

This company is such bull and a liar! i was promised a refund for a terrible dress i brought and it's been almost a year, NOTHING. Dhgate is the worst the company ever.

mayh24
6/5/15

I bought a Gobi Parajumper jacket for $300 in December but ordered a small, and received a medium, and that's where the nightmare began. After I requested a replacement that they refused, I sent the jacket back for $37 (cheapest with no tracking) out of my pocket in hopes of at least getting $263 back. The jacket was returned 4 months later in April TO ME because it was left unclaimed by them. I again sent it back for $74 WITH tracking this time with correspondence with their resolution center, in which I knew they received the jacket, they claimed they would refund the $74 to my DHaccount in which they have not responded to my last 7 emails after they received the jacket. It is now June, half a year later and still nothing. So in all, I did receive a refund for the jacket but also spent $111 out of my own pocket in post office costs with NO jacket and a myriad of headaches and hassles with them. Safe yourself the hassle, STAY AWAY!

lilliang8
5/31/15

The item sent does not look like yes picture. I brought the matter to the seller and they promised to refund me $20.00. I have not received my refund and continue to be misled. Beware of this seller.

mindyb4
5/31/15

Ordered a dress from dhgate specifically yate_dress, I followed the measurement chart on their site it came and is super tight and super uncomfortable. I asked to exchange it for the next size, based on their 100% satisfaction guarantee and refund policy that said I had 3 days to return, they offered me a 10.00 refund on 133.00 dress. Will never do business with them again!!!

melissar37
5/31/15

Wish I had checked reviews here before spending $200 on a dress from DHgate. I saw the vender had 99% positive reviews (that's crap). I believed it then, so I ordered a dress on April 22, paid extra for it to arrive in time for a military ball. They said it shipped on May 7th and would take no more than 2 weeks to get here. They gave me a tracking number, which never worked. I started emailing them after several attempts of trying to track my package, they kept telling me not to worry. It will be delivered soon. Well, the ball is tomorrow and here I am, no dress. So yesterday, the company finally gave me a working tracking #. The dress is still in China! I will be fighting for a refund now. And from the reviews I've read, that might be a hassle, but I will not let them get away with this bologna. Lesson learned, never order from Chinese wholesale sites again!

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your $

caroliner12
5/31/15

Worst shopping experience ever. Bad quality not like the pictures and impossible to return and get a refund. Better be sure what you buy because they will find an excuse not to let you return it. I do not recommend this tricky website.

dakotaw1
5/30/15

I ordered two LED mini moving head wash lights for DHgate and I quickly regretted it. The lights freak out all the time and hardly work. The colors of the two lights don't even come close to matching. The boxes they came in were disgusting. I chose the free shipping option and in checkout it said free shipping, when I got the bill in the mail they charged me an extra $30 for each light behind my back! I had no idea they did that until I received my light! And of course they only give you a very short time to return your items which made things difficult. They are a joke, I highly recommend not giving them any business at all.

dong46
5/30/15

I ordered LED bulbs, for track lighting. All the bulbs were wrong, not at all as described, and the seller insisted that it did "not understand" the problem. Their order form was vague and not understandable, which I'm sure contributed to the problem. The website rejected my photos of the wrong bulbs, would not take my complaint. The live chat person was courteous, but nothing came of all the chatting. Finally, they wanted to essentially go into arbitration, all for a $238 dollar order. They provided me with the worst buying experience of my web buying career, and I'm sure they are willing to provide you with yours. Pay more and go to a legitimate website, and avoid this inept store at all costs!!

Tip for consumers: Don't even think of buying here! I enclose a photo of my original bulb, alongside the one DHGate sent. Note the size difference. Also wrong voltage, wrong color. No hope!

mitchellb32
5/30/15

I ordered some razors on this site in December, with an expected arrival time of 2 weeks. It was end of January by time it arrived. I figured it came from someones family store in China, where $10 can buy you a cow. So I ignored the late delivery.

Fast forward to February, I made a similar order, twice as many razors, figuring they would arrive in March... well, June is next week and they still haven't arrived.

I contacted customer service and WOW, they will do absolutely nothing to help me. In fact, they were very very rude, saying if I don't help myself, I will lose my money and my item. They told me to contact my local post office, and then contact another post office which is cross town, then contact the seller with these long directions to file a claim.
[Have you ever been told to figure out your own shipping months after paying for a company to ship an item for you-I'm pretty sure that's unheard of]

Long story short, I did lose my money ($20) and my item because I suppose I did not "cooperate". It wasn't worth the hassle to do their job for them. I just considered this a loss and will purchase my razors from Amazon or my local CVS or Duane Reade.

karenp52
5/29/15

Unfortunately I did not read reviews on DHgate before I ordered a $178.00 dress. The picture was the same as the dress offered by Dillards but, of course, for less money. I did receive the dress, apparently from Singapore, about the time that they said. It is VERY cheaply made. Instead of bead work that the picture showed, this dress has sequins that make it look like a Halloween costume. The actual dress material is also substandard but could have been OK for a one night wear. The hem is crooked and would have to be altered. Please do not use this company. My greed for a good price made me loose my reason...I should have known better. Read the other reviews! They also are very smart and make it impossible to return for a refund.

joycelyno
5/28/15

I ordered a dress from DHgate (bestoffer) March 28, 2015. I'm just getting a replacement today May 25, 2015. The bolero is too small, Beading is hanging off . They are just attached. The lace is not tack, it's hanging out. The collar is suppose to be rounded, one side is rounded the other size is squared. Now I got to pay someone else more money to fix this, or I'm not going to have a dress in time for my daughter's wedding. These people need to be STOPPED!! I wished I had read the reviews before I ordered. I will NEVER order like this agsin. This was an important moment for me to have had to deal with this experience.

shakiaj
5/28/15

This was the WORST shopping experience I have ever had! I WILL NEVER SHOP WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!!!!!!!! IT IS A SCAM!!!! I bought 5 dresses from DH Gate. ALL OF THEM WERE MADE POORLY and NONE OF THEM LOOKED LIKE THE PICTURE ADVERTISED. This is false advertisement and also considered FRAUD. They send these dresses knowing that they have miss represented them and also knowing that the cost to send them back is more than the dress itself, then force the buyer to pay for the dress to be sent back. I wear a 12 and ordered a 12 to find out that their size 12 runs small. When I asked to return to get a 14, they would not do it. and offered me $3 for a $78 dress. I have tried to go through the process and they still did not offer to pay cost. Each time, they offered me less than what the dress was worth and I would have to pay the cost of return. I will NEVER do this again!!! It is a MAJOR Rip-off!!! The owner is Diane Wang should be ashamed of this operation!!

bttym
5/27/15

My first review is for dhgat idk what other is

caitlind2
5/27/15

I will never order from here again. I ordered a dress the other night it was plus size but they had all sizes listed up to size 24. the day after I ordered it the seller messaged me that bc it's plus size I need to pay $40 more....Where are earth is that ok??? The price is the price you cannot changed said price after someone pays for it. So now I wait for them to credit my card major bull crap I am trying to buy a dress for my wedding and now my money is tied up til the return it!

kj150
5/26/15

THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH!!!! I had paid for an item with express shipping and it still arrived a week late! In the process I contacted the seller as well as did an online chat and each time was told "not to worry". Well, I'm sure you can imagine my frustration on the day I needed the item. Now it is 100% worthless and I paid an extra $20 to ship it! Not to mention, when I filed the dispute the company was very confused as to why I wanted a refund, and to this day are still beating around the bush...just give me my money you idiot!

chrisd114
5/26/15

I chose the seller PerfectOnine who's website states they pay for all return shipping, but that's a LIE! The seller sent me a wedding dress did not look like the pictured dress. There were holes in the layered tulle fabric, the beads & sequins are falling off. The upper portion of the dress was supposed to be an intricate beaded design but the seller had beaded patches sewn on the tulle material.
I followed the return/refund procedure but it was obvious the mediator was working for the seller. Despite the seller's website saying it pays for return shipping the mediator wanted me to pay for return shipping then be reimbursed. They advised me not to use a tracking with "LC" that's the required customs form for USPS! It was never explained how I would be reimbursed for shipping. I filed a complaint with my bank & they were able to secure my refund.
FYI...once you submit a request for return/refund you cannot leave a comment about the seller. Since my order was "cancelled" in order to refund my money I cannot leave a comment on the seller's website to warn others. So don't trust the feedback, because you may not be seeing the true picture.

jayb75
5/26/15

I ordered a electric unicyle. It arrived quickly but it wasnt the model I ordered. I asked for a partial refund and they gave me $30 back (from a total of $450 cost) so i was kind of happy because the wheel works well. Then i opened the case and discovered that the battery pack is only half the size advertised and not genuine samsung batteries as advertised. I started the dispute process but they ignored my comments and ignored the evidence i sent (photos of battery pack). They said dispute is closed and then dont answer my emails after that. They are dishonest and they dont care! They really honestly dont care! They just make up excuses and lie to you with a smile on their face. There is NOTHING you can do once the dispute is closed at their end. The same seller is still selling the same electric unicycles and lying about the battery size and quality. My wheel works well so now I am building my own battery pack because they wont send me the correct one.

Tip for consumers: Battery advertised 210wh genuine samsung.

Battery I received 132wh cheap chinese brand.

gp44
5/24/15

I returned it the miner ord. n. 30251650
now Give back the money
where did you send my money and how you have them sent?
given me a copy of the repayment of a bank CRO
or copy it as an evidence
because I money I did not have

to write that you have sent me the money back you have to have any proof of return within one day

otherwise I write to the police :

中关村南三街甲17号
Zhongguancun Police Station
CinaBeijing, HaidianZhongguancun South 3rd St中关村南三街甲17号

86 10 6261 0101
but it will be only the first step then the police in all of China at a time
and I stop only when I have my money back

lizv6
5/23/15

I can see there are enough people who have been wronged by DH Gate

Collectively I think we could take them to court and have them shut down or at least banned from trading with the U.K.

If enough people are keen lets start the ball rolling for suing DH gate.
Raise a message in supoort and if I see enough repsonses I'll send my contact details to get in touch.

Liz

pablot9
5/22/15

I have multiple credit cards and use specific ones for specific charges. Used only one card for this website and after 2 transactions received an alert of fraudulent charges on the same card. On some things, the prices are cheap if your willing to go through the hassle of monitoring your accounts and disputing charges you did not do.

Tip for consumers: Use a prepaid visa for purchases to limit liability.

rajivk1
5/22/15

DHGate is good. I ordered 7 items from different seller. 4 items are blocked by customs. I get refund from DHGate also got 5$ in my DHMoney. To get refund, you need to wait some days. It will not happen immediately also when the seller update the tracking details, it will take nearly 2 to 7 days to see tracking information. My advice don't purchase anything which is banned in your country. Otherwise you should be in trouble. Government is watching you when you purchase something from abroad.

43 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DHgate staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Hello I wanted to buy a weddingress from Jovanidress on Dhgate. But read some bad reviews over here about DHgate. Anyone with good/bad experience from Jovanidress?
12/29/14
Answer
helenl34
A: I would not trust DH Gate. The trouble is they have many sellers under their umbrella and no control over them. When there is a problem you have to go through an elaborate process and file a claim and they are supposed to contact seller and get them to work it out with you. Most sellers are chinese and speak little english. I could not correspond with my seller, they kept sending back emails to my questions like "seller loves helpful hope ok"! I would not risk it even though prices are great.
4/18/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Hello I wanted to buy a wedding dress from Jovanidress on Dhgate. But read some bad reviews over here about DHgate. Anyone with good/bad experience from Jovanidress?
12/29/14
Answer
halae1
A: Don't waste your money. It is your wedding. That is not something you gamble on. Yes, their prices look appealing. It is too good to be true. You will not get what they are advertising. You will get scammed.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the DHgate staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

25 Photos for DHgate