US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kendersona

Awesome deals great prices and wonderful customer service (in 12 reviews)

jeromeb26

I just booked my flight to New York and got an amazing deal on CheapAir.com. (in 30 reviews)

aracelic2

I eventually did get a confirmation email with ticket #s and airline confirmations, but that was NOT a pleasant wait. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kennethc56
5/2/16

Booked a ticket for two 1 day before departure: Found them and it was the cheapest deal! Turned out the booking was shown processing status after checked out. And strange enough there isn't any email received. Received a phone call on the day: morning. Flight is at night, telling me the booked ticket is not available. Rude and ridiculous service! Made it sound llike it's my fault to book the ticket last minute emergency ticket. I ask why it shown available on their website and telling me it's not a day after? Rude explained given as, that's how they do it, they take the information from clients, then process it. Then if there's any available, they will send out confirmation! Thank you but no thank you, it's a $#*!ed up service and a $#*!ed up attitude. So they told me what's available for me since I'm on the phone now and everything can be done through the phone. Quoted new price is just couple hundred bucks more, that's all. Enough to make it to skip clicking them on the flight search engine. Guess what, since THEY already have my informations, and it was last minute, they knew they had my balls in their hand. I made the payment. And yes, first time. And last time! You all should try them! So you can have a better idea what's it like! Advise be at your own risk! Don't blame me. Everyone have a chance. For me, not to them anymore. And yes, the operator that I spoke to, play your balls good.

tomn41
4/22/16

Full Size Car Quote from CheapAir for Firefly car rental was quoted $122.01US (includes estimate of taxes and fees). Also, stated 5m included. + $0.00 each additional mile (no extra cost for mileage). After processing, I was charged a total cost of $268.46 - BEWARE!! Under notes (bottom of Travel Itinerary) states "Rental car rates are approximate total rates including estimate of taxes and fees. Precise tax/fee amounts are subject to change." RIP-OFF!!!! - FYI Firefly is a subsidiary of HERTZ - I will never use Firefly/HERTZ again!

blaines20
4/21/16

I called for an upgrade quote to my ticket. The customer rep Ariane was rude, and argumentative. He kept saying that people are scamming for upgrades. You nee do screen your employees better, and the whole experience turned me off buying anything off of cheap air.

robertd195
4/4/16

How incredibly bad is Cheap Air? I waited 22 minutes to re-book a flight. Had to pay a penalty and then they booked the wrong flight! Now I'm waiting again...going on 15 minutes. No response. Tried changing on line and they said they couldn't. The site is a joke. Last time I use them.

ashleyr64
3/30/16

My first time using this business and I will be using it from now on to book all my flights

jcw8
3/27/16

I recently bought a ticket. When I checked my credit statement, it said I was charged twice. How is it possible that I was double charged if I bought a ticket for ONE person AND it was the same EXACT flight. I called customer service and they told me they couldn't do anything about it and told me to directly call the airline. Unbelievable. Not only did they charge me twice, they didn't offer any help when I called them. Stay away from this site at all means.

ellenr20
3/16/16

i travel quite a bit and often use websites where they provide bundled info on airfares. for the first time, i decide to use cheapair...and i was in a rush. the short story: it cost me an additional $80 to use this crappy website. they dont give u all the available flights...just what they choose or have, and if i had gone to other bundled travel sites, i would have had more options. then, when i tried to get the additional costs refunded, they told me 1) they only refund IF i find a cheaper flight on THEIR site (not on other sites), and even then, the refund only happens when u rebook with them. so u are stuck using their more expensive and more restricted flight options. that sucks and i had to swallow the $80. Use other sites like travelocity if u are in a rush, or better yet, just book the flights from the airline sites...that is the most economical way to go. AVOID CHEAPAIR.COM !!

Tip for consumers: dont use this site!

jojut
3/3/16

It's easy to search flights and book in cheapoair site. While we set departure and destination, we can see lot of flights from different companies. We can choose according to economy. Cheapoair is so simple and awesome site to book flights. I strongly recommend.

daveb126
3/2/16

I had a very bad experience with this website.
1st: after processing the reservation they changed my return day without asking me.
2nd: I live in Canada, they do not advice they will charge your credit car in US dollars.

I have contacted customer services but they did not care.

demetriusf2
2/5/16

I booked a round trip ticket. Got confirmation. I arrived at the airport early, to find out that they over booked the flight, therefore I had to wait almost a whole day.reaching my destination 8 hours later.that was the beginning of the nightmare. I called the next day to change the return flight to a later date.. They changed it to a flight that was 30/minutes later. So they would not refund me. I had to buy a flight for a later date. Telling them the exact date , and they got it wrong again... So I confronted them immediately for them to tell me I got a confirmation. To make a long story short I ended up buying another flight and it was over booked. And once again no refund and wouldn't accept responsibility for their mistake causing me over a thousand of dollar. I am Warning everyone stay away from these people.

debrae16
2/4/16

I booked a flight w CheapOair last month and I ran into a slight problem. My sister booked the same flight without me knowing. Well needless to say mine went thru because I got my info n first. However I put n the wrong time for departure. When I discovered why had happened I called to make the change of course the pricing was different. The agent that took my call was very polite n helpful n getting me the flight I wanted at the leaders price. I wouldn't fly with no other agency. Thanks CheapOair

fernandal3
2/3/16

My flight was cancelled because of the snow and they call me before my flight and re schedule we got to stay in my family house instead of being waiting in the airport for the next flight,thank you for the good service

jannettes1
1/25/16

Couple things I found were really a bad experience for me. I tried booking a flight, which because of a death in the family I couldn't book online, so I called the airline and booked the ticket for even cheaper than this web site. Then I found that I had a layover which would be over night, so I booked a hotel (costing more) and made a mistake on the month of the arrival. Immediately called to change the date, and of course, they are closed. Now after charging for my hotel, no refund, or change. Now I am paying for the hotel twice, which the hotel will rent the room out again when I don't arrive for the mistaken date and get twice the rooms rate. The rate for the room with the refundable rate was $25 more than the rate I booked it at. This is a scam. I can understand no refunds for flights, but HOTELS! please. Not only that, but when I got to the hotel, the room rate was $20 cheaper than what I booked it at online. NEVER AGAIN will I ever use this site. It is fraud.

aracelic2
1/15/16

Where most sites offer you an instantaneous confirmation, CheapAir took about 30 min. In that time, I called their reservation customer service and started scouring the interwebs for reviews and came upon all these bad reviews so I was very worried and will be taking a Valium soon. I eventually did get a confirmation email with ticket #s and airline confirmations, but that was NOT a pleasant wait. Also, after the purchase, I got sucked into 4 magazine subscriptions for $2 a pop for the first year... Wasn't expecting that, but whatevs. I'll come back and let you know how getting on the actual plane goes.

Tip for consumers: I say book at your own risk. You get what you pay for.

lalaa1
1/10/16

I had a very bad experience. they did not issued my ticket
and I called them at airport without any answer
they didn't even send me an apologize

jeromeb26
1/7/16

I just booked my flight to New York and got an amazing deal on CheapAir.com. It was cheaper than anywhere else I looked. I also like their Price Drop Payback program.... so cool. Never did I think booking flights could be this easy and inexpensive. I'd encourage others to try them out.

Tip for consumers: CheapAir.com accepts a lot of payment options too. Great for all kinds of people. Not everyone has a credit card.

erinn16
1/6/16

Like most people who fly a lot for business and pleasure, I have found online travel agencies to be a mixed bag. CheapAir.com is a breath of fresh air. They have a stateside call center and highly skilled agents who helped me through a weather delay and the ensuing ticket changes with professionalism and kindness. Also, they offer you a credit if the ticket price goes down after you buy. Score!

hussinj
1/3/16

Personal experience

jayj56
12/30/15

Wow! I'm really impressed with the service from CheapAir.com. I booked a flight and realized immediately after booking that I misspelled my name. I called them and spoke with Gema who said she could easily fix the problem. Never did I think it would be that easy! Love this site and their awesome service! Definitely will continue to book my flights on CheapAir.com.

nikhilv
12/20/15

Had a bad experience with this website twice now. I fly a lot and am speaking in perspective to the other flight sites I've used.
Don't like it at all.

assesw
12/15/15

fake website! wanna be Cheapoair!

sarahh149
12/13/15

They are unhelpful, will put you on hold for HOURS, and do not have good customer service. I received multiple errors when booking, received no confirmation and they later they still would not refund my ticket. Worst site I have ever used! Worst. They don't even deserve one star.

kendersona
12/11/15

Although I travel once a year I've always booked my flights with cheap o air, I always got an update and reminder of my travel details as my date draws near. I will definitely recommend to anyone to use cheap o air. Awesome deals great prices and wonderful customer service

glindas
12/2/15

I booked a flight on Cheapair and never received my confirmation email so I thought it didn't go through, so I called. That is when I found out that there were two reservations totaling over $3,000 each. I asked if they can cancel them both because I never got the email or confirmation they said no and wanted to charge me another $200 per person to cancel each ticket, that would be another $1,000! I have no idea what cheapair is doing or how their website works but it seems to me that they are running a scam.

Even after I spoke to Whitney and Janell, I think they are both supervisors, neither were able to help me and I was on hold for over 45 minutes. Both ladies were very rude. Im still hoping to get a full refund and will be filing a complaint with BBB for this scam.

Tip for consumers: You can find cheaper flights everywhere else. Dont use this site.

megank20
10/15/15

I have had the worst experience. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH CHEAP AIR. THEY CHARGED ME THREE SEPARATE TIMES FOR THE FOR THE SAME ONE FLIGHT. they overcharged me more than $1000. And I worked with Silvia Perez who was incredibly rude and unprofessional. I am so upset. And want to warn everyone. DO NOT USE CHEAP AIR.

daymig
10/13/15

Retiran tu dinero del banco y ni siquiera te venden el boleto !!!

adyg
10/11/15

Terrible service. I did not receive my ticket even two weeks after booking. I finally contacted my bank to dispute the charges. Emotionally, mentally and financially draining experience!

luisa59
10/10/15

Wasn't good idea to booking whit cheapair
because they change everything without permission i benn call them and never answer the phone i been mailed they never mailed me back so not good at all

kalit1
10/5/15

I hate this website I buy tickets ...they change my secduel and I try to change they make me so much problem they disconnect my phone call they don't send me new scduel they jus told me wait wait omg I told u don't buy tickets from this link I hate this

dianag30
8/31/15

Please is been a long time since your company took my money, "a fee resarvation that i never been told" 3 months waiting for my refound , working with others money? You should not be running a company like this, I need my money back and also I will make sure to put a bad review everywhere on internet because this is unacceptable, this is an abuse , more than 3 months waiting for my money? Really? Are you guys stilling people like this and you think is going to work like that for ever? i Know my rights and i know ( because i work with costumer service) that law protect costumers from abusive people like you, is not more waiting list for me, I want my money back ASAP, and you will see my reviews everywhere.
Thank you for waisting my time.
No trust for your company.

annaf26
8/31/15

I read their explanation of how they researched flights and when they are cheapest to purchase. I looked at Aruba from 3/19/16-3/26/16 and they are showing me the costliest flights compared to Orbitz or United or CheapOAir! They say if the fare goes lower they will give me a $100 credit to use with them again. Why the heck would I book with them to begin with. I will go directly to United and see if the fare drops on labor day! Good Luck and safe travels!
Anna

normac8
8/29/15

I had no problems or delays! Airlines were great and flights were awesome!Will book my flights with them any time. Prices are great when buying in advance.

susies7
8/22/15

I was in a jam my friend bought me a ticket to get home. I tried using cheap sure but they said credit card didn't go through. So I used another site. When I got home my friend said his card was charged twice by cheap air plus $25.00 I got an email saying it denied the card. Not friend is in overdraft over $500

Then I call customer service and said to talk to supervisor to get refund they are suppose to call me back.

This is horrible I will never ever use them again crooks

marka117
8/19/15

Was charge a $105 booking fee for my reservation.

Went to JetBlue directly and booked the same flights at the same rate without a booking fee

Waited over an hour to speak to a customer service rep to ask for a refund

Will NEVER book through Cheapo Air again

alanh61
8/4/15

I would NOT recomend this agency to anyone.
It took over 30 minutes for cacellation within the 24 hour
grace period after my booking. The agent insisted on
giving me credit for future reservations rather than reversing the charges
on my CC. When I finally convinced the agent I did want credit for
future reservation, he gave up being a pest. However, they
credit my account the fare minus $25.00 agent fee which I was
never told during my initial booking.

susanay
7/28/15

Very good service

sherryn5
6/17/15

I had a smooth experience booking

tomn23
5/29/15

Don't ever seek service from these guys. They are known as going in circles re-loaded. They live on the tax payers' generosity but they are actually a remake of George Orwell's 1984. They have no remorse with the Newspeak of the times where SLAVERY is FREEDOM; IGNORANCE is STRENGTH ad infinitum. Spare your heart grieve.

jt61
5/22/15

Purchased four tickets to South Africa from Cheap Air which by the way was no cheaper then several others. At booking date many seats were shown as available. They of course have you pay and your card clear before they show you the seats that you actually received. My party's seats (Including a 94 year old man.) were scattered on the two overseas legs. Made several calls and was told every time that the issue had been corrected however every time I rechecked it was the same seats. On the last call after several days I was told that the plane was now full and what I had were the only seats available.
Next issue was they lost the first leg of my flight. Next they excluded the last leg. Every time I tried to fix one thing the tickets came back worse. It was like they were just showing that they were unhappy with my attempts to correct things. What a mess and it was only corrected when my wife contacted a VP. Days close to flight date stressed us way out thanks to terrible service on the call line.

Tip for consumers: Booked directly the same flight VIA Delta in 2016 for about the same price and no issues. The flight time is over ten hours shorter both directions. I was so stupid to use Cheap O Air.

andya28
5/8/15

I called and purchased a ticket from Tampa to Newark, New Jersey on a specific date. Later that day, came back a different ticket from Tampa to New York. When called to Cheapair, the representative said that they will be a charge of 25 dollars because I waited over 24 hours to report the issue. Is that fair? While I purchased a ticket from Tampa to Newark, seems that someone was on the other side deciding different destiny. Don't negotiate with this people.

jona1346
3/26/15

You book with them and they call you saying that the ticket went up. You go back to their website and search for the flight to your destination again and the website shows the same low price. Cheapair misleads and lies to people. Be very careful.

This is the least professional people I have ever talked. The employee who introduced himlself as Gwan, literally laughed at me by talking to his friend that I was calling to complain. They used to be very professional and now, it is unfortunate.

Tip for consumers: Do not be fooled by their low price. They call you right after you book saying that the price went up.

roseliea
2/19/15

I had an amazing flight

jm132
2/10/15

Prices were slightly lower than other sites and registration process was very easy. I will consider CheapAir as one of my first "go to" sites for travel plans.

kaznin
1/8/15

website is really good

kenc28
12/16/14

I have used Cheapair.com several times and have had nothing but pleasant experiences. The last time I used this service I was in Florida and had to return to Buffalo in a winter storm. I contacted the helpline and was informed nothing was cancelled. They put my mind at ease if there were cancellations that other arrangements would be made. Everything went as planned and arrived to my destination on time. I will not hesitate to use their services for my next flight

johnf114
8/25/14

FOR CHEAP AIR . COM
BOUGHT 4 TICKETS 5 MONTHS AGO TO TRAVEL IN AUGUST FROM NEWARK TO LISBON NON STOP
FIRST THEY BILLED ME ADDITIOND FEES OVER 200.00 TRY TO RESOLVE THAT WAS A NIGHT MARE FINALLY MY CREDIT CARD GOT ME CREDIT
TRAVEL DAY I WAS TOLD PLANE WAS DELAYED 3 HRS OK GOT TO NEWARK AIRPORT DELAYED OK SEATS ALL OVER IN REAR OF THE PLANE NOT TOGETHER, OLD DAITY PLANE HEAD SET DONT WORK ETC, RETURNING NIGHT BEFORE GOT AN EMAIL ONCE AGAIN PLANE DELAYED IN LISBON 4 HRS 1 SEAT IN REAR 1 IN FRONT OTHER WHATEVER TODAY I CALLED THEM RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE TOLD ME TO CALL AIRLINE

NEVER I WILL BUY ANYTHING FRON CHEAP AIR AGAIN
YJRY LIE CHEAT CUSTOMER WITH AD FEES NOT DISCLOSED DONT ASSIGNED SEATS ETC

MY ADVICE STAY WAY

Tip for consumers: STAY WAY

angela442
8/21/14

It was a nightmare to buy a ticket. I made a mistake buying my ticketa and i was charged with 100 usd for changing and service. I never will buy a ticket again with them.

Tip for consumers: You never try this place to buy a ticket.

deepikaa
7/19/14

I am really concerned as the travel I booked keeps changing. I booked the shortest flights for the days as I have a kid traveling with me but now the flights have been changed and I have such long flight to India .If I changed the bookings I would have been charged a penalty but as now CHEAPAIR is changing it I have no choice left .This is ridiculous.
How is cheapair going to compensate this ??
How do I know my return flights wont be changed?

My second concern is till today I am not able to book my seats .The website does not let me do this .I am trying to reach CHEAPAIR on phone and I am kept in this stupid line forever
Please let me know how bad this experience of booking my flights with Cheapair is going to be for me ?

My fault as I did not read the reviews from consumer on this site . I am not even sure if all will go well after reading all the reviews now .

My issue is I thought I found a great site with nice prices but now it seems like I have made a wrong decision.

latd
7/7/14

Booked airfares for me and my family. My bank account was charged. However, the company said that they didn't feel confortable charging an imporant amount of money to my account. The employee from Cheapair(extension 128) asked me to use Western Union. I guess he didn't confortable because of my accent

anas235
3/28/14

they CHARGE A FEE (in my case $25 per ticket) and DO NOT DISCLOSE IT! They quote you a total fee but no breakdown unless you pay attention and do the math. when I called billing it would take a 50 min wait! they refunded the fee only because I threat them to report them to the BBB.

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CheapAir staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 month ago
Answer
ee62
A: No, you might not. If you find flights you like on Cheapair, take not of them, and go directly to that airline's website, and book them there. No need to book through Cheapair.com and risk problems with them.
3 weeks ago