US Government's NSF

Cash4Laptops reviews

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

Benaughty and other sites are all scam.. by the way.. i am looking for someone who can join me for a coffee or a date.. ore even more.. ;) Contact me on my or add me on Facebook Roan Jade Last ')

Got a quote for a iPad for over $100 once they received it they priced it for $24. Tried to talk to someone but never got an answer. Then they took the $24 back from my PayPal account. They stole my perfectly good iPad.

I hate this company. They lied lied lied.
Quote: $237
My email after inspection $ 37

Umm. Thats absurdly low. Well I asked why so low. They said we checked gazelle and they can offer $110. I say please wait until I authorize decision

They basically said okay you have a week.
I cal back 3 days later and ask my ipad be sent back. Woman was so hostile and threatened to hang up because I spoke over her.

I hope they all get rat poison in their food and their eyeballs get infected with cyphilitic maggots these scum of the earth.

After getting a quote for $197, I sent my iPhone 5 (in perfect condition) to this company. They "inspected it" and told me it's only worth $31! Now, there's no way to get it back! I've spent over an hour on hold with no results!

VERY unhappy and have nothing to show but $7 when they promised me $50. I would have given the phone to my son!! A joke because they promise money you never get; they promise you will get your money in a day or two after they receive your phone and it took a full two weeks. I called everyday, never reached anyone and was disconnected each time due to "heavy call volume" Yeah Now I see why!!!! Don't use them. PERIOD!

Man I wish I had read these reviews first. I was offered 279.00 for a new unlock IPHONE 5. They sent me 46.00. I am unable to get through. They do not answer text or emails.

Well, unfortunately, these people have figured out a better way to rip you off.
They don't let you talk to anyone!

Online, they quoted me $329 for a lightly used iPad Air 128GB. After I (oh so foolishly) sent it off to them, I received word from their “support” email acct (they apparently don't read the many replies I sent) that they were going to be depositing $29(!) Into my Paypal acct.
I've called at least six times and everytime it’s the same: within a few minutes I get Someone who asks me for my transaction number and name. When I say I wanted to talk about my iPad Air, they forward me to “the right department for that” (since the person answering the phone can’t help me out apparently). Whether I’m nice or not (and I’ve been both) I’m put on hold and at the 10 minute mark they tell me to call back another time and end the call. Every time.

Last time, I asked to speak to a supervisor. “absolutely sir” she says and puts me on hold again.

AAARRRRGGGHH!! Three hundred dollars! I am going thermonuclear on these people.
Any suggestions for how to get around this ridiculous phone hassle, I appreciate.

quoted me $153.00 for a Samsung galaxy note 2 with no scratches or anything they send me an email saying they owe me $24.00 I called complained saying I didn't want this offer and to send my device back I was then told that c.s.r. wouldn't be able to assit me I would have to deal with purchasing today is 12/30/2014 the first call I placed to them was on 12/23/14 and I have called 2-4 times a day and yet haven't got to talk to purchasing no one can seem to help with this issue how can this company still be running stealing peoples property and nothing is being done I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and I called a lawyer whom I have a meeting with tomarrow I refuse to let them steal from me...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM COMPANYTHEY CHEAT STEAL AND GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND THATS ALL

These people are CRIMINALS! Do not send them your phones or laptops. I had a brand new Samsung Galaxy S5 and they offered me $373. When they received my phone, they said they'd pay me $56. I did some research and found out that this company does this scam all of the time. I called the company, and luckily they matched the Gazelle price of $190. They bait you by offering more than any of their competitors and then offer to pay a fraction of the original offer after you mail your device to them. It's time to sue this group and put them out of business.

100% agree with everyone here. Offered $220 and given $17. Starting a class action lawsuit and social media campaign. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

CROOKS - offered me $163 for my iPhone 4S and then sent me $11. Tried to reach them repeatedly, waited on the phone, left message but could never get through again. STAY AWAY. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY - THEY'RE CHEATS!!!

Complete fraud! You have 3 days to request your device to be returned, yet they are not open on the weekends (clearly stated on their website) and the weekend is included in the 3 days. So if you get the email on a Friday after 4:00 pm, you are SOL. How is this company still in business? Where exactly did their "certified technicians" get their certification from?

Bait & Switch offered 80, decided on $15 then failed to send check.

Quoted over over $150 for an iPhone 5, and got $15. I am embarrassed I didn't do ANY research before mailing in the phone. I emailed about the $15, and they emailed me back saying I could call customer service. I don't intend to be on hold for close to an hour, to have them offer me $20 more similar to other posts I have seen here. I am cutting my losses, and getting the word out about this company.

Definitely a bait and switch scam regarding how much thy initially say they will pay, compared to what they give.

Shame on you Cash4Laptops.

Exact same problem as A.C. I sent in a very well preserved 64gb iPhone 5. There was some wear around the edges but otherwise great condition. Their site said $307. I sent it off and received an email that they had gotten it and were looking it over. Never another word until $24 showed up in my paypal. After many calls and waiting on hold, they said they sent me an email on the 27th with my quote that I could have rejected then. I scoured my email and no such communication exists. I can't prove that I didn't get it, but I did not. They gave me another $51 but told me my phone had already been taken apart. I'm going to file with the DC Attorney General for fraud. Anyone have any other ideas?

The price quoted was not anywhere close to what they gave me. Contacting them via phone took several attempts and over 40 minutes on hold and my last voicemail was not responded to. They kept changing the reason for the difference in price when I told them that what they were saying was not accurate. They stated DVD drive not working and I know that it was. Finally they said the market fluctuates and the price could change 90% in one day. Very dishonest in my opinion.

I have to agree that this is a scam site, and I, too, wish that I had read these reviews before I made this mistake. I received a quote of $128 for my iPhone 4s that was in perfect used condition. I received no notice of their review of the phone, just an email from Paypal informing me that I received $10. I eventually got through to their customer service and, after much discussion, was given an additional $30. The guy on the phone claimed this was their "break-even" point and that there was a problem with my phones volume, some scratchy sounds, and some scratches on the case. That was simply untrue. He even backed down a bit on the descriptions of what was supposedly wrong with the phone. It is apparent that this company pulls in customers by setting quotes that are higher than other companies and then lies. They should be investigated and shut down.

This company is not a respectable company... They con people with fake offers and once they get your device they don't honor the price they quoted. I was told I would get $283 for a iphone 5C that was in excellent condition less than a year old . I received an email that $32 was deposited into my pay pal account.... Unacceptable. I called and after waiting 45 minutes on hold I spoke to someone and after being told a bunch of non-sense I was then offered a $100.... Still unacceptable.... I requested that they return my device and I would return the $32. I also filed a complaint with the BBB. I advised them I would not close out my complaint
Until I received my original device back in the same condition I sent it in. I would not recommend that anyone...... Unless you are hard up for pennies to sell to them. You will not get what you will be expecting.

Here is a copy of the complaint I filed with PayPal:

A couple weeks ago, I sent an old iPhone to Cash4laptops, a company that pays cash for used electronic equipment. I told them I wanted payment by check and not PayPal. They said they would call me after examining the phone to let me know what they were willing to pay. I have caller ID and voicemail so I know they never attempted to call. I sent an e-mail asking them how much they were willing to pay; they refused to reply. I DID NOT authorize them or anyone else to deposit money into my PayPal account. The amount they deposited ($11.00) was not acceptable to me. I asked them to send my phone back; so far, I have heard nothing. This company's tactics are unethical at best. They're a company that PayPal would do well to avoid. Please send the $11.00 back to them and let them know that I DID NOT authorize their payment.. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Cash4laptops is unethical, perhaps even fraudulent. I've sold used electronics in the past to several different companies and they've all been upfront about the price they were willing to pay. They've all asked for my acceptance of their offers and agreed to send the items back if their offers were rejected. Cash4laptops is a company you would do well to avoid.

I wish I read these reviews before deciding to use Cash4Laptops. I decided to use them over other sites because the estimated return was more. I was selling an iPhone 4 and a 4S (broken screen). I was estimated at around 180 for both and sent in my phones. I received a call saying they had my devices and were ready to credit my Paypal account by the next day. Stupid me, I didn't ask how much. I figured they would stay true to their estimate as the descriptions of my phones were true and when I had used Gazelle in the past had no problems and received the exact amount they had estimated. The next day I was credited $30 FOR BOTH PHONES. I called back figuring there was a mistake and was dished a load of BS about the quality of the phone with the cracked screen and that the other had no resale value and was essentially a "paper weight".

Scam city! They guoted me $230 for a brand new I phone 5 that I had for 2 months. Got the call today and it was $70. It was a brand new phone people! The only reason I was selling it was that I had it ATT and moved and had no reception so I switched to Verizon and they required a new phone purchased from them. Hmmm...yet another scam? DO NOT use Cash4laptops!

Horrible! I sent in my phone on friday and yet no has contacted me back i haven't spoken to any representatives! Ive left many voicemails and and emails. They stole my phone. I am going to press charges and perform and lawsuit. Never would I think i would have to involve my lawyer into this.

As I now read through some of the reviews for this company, I can say this is a scamming website. Cash4Laptops quoted me $116 for a cracked screen Iphone 4 - 16 GB. I went with this company as they were a bit higher the the other company I have used before USell. (, which is better and paid me the exact amount they quoted for another phone). The representative from Cash4Laptops calls and tell me I have a cracked screen, which I told him I already stated when they quoted the price. He said their was minor scratches on my phone and now my phone is worth $30. I balked at him and then he went to ask a manager and now are willing to give me $50 as time has passed and their are scratches. I have had that phone in a case the entire time I had the phone so their are no scratches. is now offering $73, but by the time they return my phone and I ship to it will probably go down to $50. Very dissatisfied with this company. It seems they use the same old ploy of minor scratches on the phone to lower the price. Will NEVER use them again.

I sent in an iphone 4 and 4s. I was quoted about $170 for the 4s and $120 for the 4.. figure that those were reasonable amounts. I shipped both phones. Was told that the 4s was NEVER recieved?! And that the 4 had scratches which brought the value to $20..Currently waiting for a phone call back and I will be following up. FYI both phones were sent in the same box....BEWARE OF THIS SITE....

Horrible Experience. I Went to their Santa Clara shop to sell my hp laptop. Previously I talked to them on the phone n guy agreed to give $100. When I went there after driving for an hour. He refused to give any quote n asked us for price we want and when we gave price he started asking his junior how much money he has n how much they should pay n to our surprise he said $2. Errrr He was mocking all way around. Such unprofessional stupid jerk he was. I mean if you don't agree on the price we asked for , then refuse clearly.whats point of joking around like an idiot. I don't know why they hire such unprofessional manner less people there. I will never have any future transaction with CASH4LAPTOP n I strongly advice everyone to STAY AWAY THESE LOSERS.

with such terrible reviews, cash4laptops opened up under the new name laptoptraderexpress,com, in an office just down the block. Also operates under The problem with this company is that they falsely inflate the price that they will pay, and then pay you much less than promised, once in their possession. If you refuse the lowball offer, they charge you excessive return costs, in order to motivate you to sell for the lowball price - its a scam and they are very good at it.

I used this website for a laptop. My quote was $51 which I felt was reasonable. I packed it up, shipped it to them in the mailing materials they provide. About a month later, I get an email telling me they are offering $5. That was today. I did not accept their offer. I called the phone number that was listed on the email AND replied to the email. The phone number was just an automated system so I left a voicemail telling them that I want my laptop back.

Have not yet received a response from the company, but if they do not send it back, I will be issuing complaints with BBB, the Attorney General's Office and any other office that I find will be helpful.

Also, because I heard about this website on national TV, I wrote an email to the reporter involved to tell her how this company actually operates.

Bottom line, do NOT waste your time with this website. I am so glad I kept my hard drive instead of trusting them to erase it!!

was quoted $179 for my iphone 4. Sent it tout. They called back and offered me $80. I cried foul and they upped it to $120. Stay away from these guys.

Cash4 Laptops doesn't derserve any stars! Do NOT use Cash for Laptops. They quoted me $65 for my TMobile G2 that was only used for 1 year (switched to Sprint). The protective film was still on the screen and the phone was sent with it's protective cover, new sim card, sd card, charger, brand new manuals and the box. After quoting me $65, they told me the price had gone down to $21, but since mine had scratches and pitting on the battery cover, it was only worth $10. That was a lie! They are rip-off artists. G2's are selling on eBay broken for $25 - $30 and mine was pristine and complete.

**update** Within 3 hours of sending this message, a customer service rep called me to talk about my experience and bumped up my cash return a bit. It is still about half of what I was originally offered though...

After doing business with them, I sent this message. It is a complete rip off and they should be embarrassed making money this way.

This company should be ashamed with how they do business, enticing people that clearly need the extra cash with reasonable quotes and then offering crap in the end. Your customer service people are kind, and I feel bad for talking crap to them because I know it's their job and they probably didn't realize they were working for a company that ripped people off, but this company does just that to innocent people. This is not what an American business should be compromised on and the founder(s) should be ashamed. I am a recent graduate from university, where I was proud to learn proper business ethics, only to be presented daily with crap companies like this that make citizens hate all business owners. Thanks for your time.

Got a quote for my HP Pavilion laptop $117. I sent it to them and then they offered me $50.

It's total rip off. Stay away from them!!!

I had the less than fortunate distinction of punching a clock in this viper pit not to long ago. The entire enterprise is designed around a flagrant disregard for the customer. Customers would be auto dialed 3, 4 or even up to 8 times in one day. The way customer service is structured is that there is someone every step of the way to remind you to send the device because getting a customer to ship is over half the battle. Once the device is with c4l then they are free to flagrantly lowball because now they have the device and with it the upper hand. Employees are told to stress the ease of shipping the device, a process that is every bit as easy in reverse,  but if you don't want the paltry sum you are being offered and ask for you device back the jargon suddenly focuses on avoiding the "inconvenience" you'll experience in attempting to get the device back. They even add inconvenience to the process as a deterrent. If you're looking to ship the device then they'll set a pick up, offering you the option of just leaving your device unattended for an untold period of time at your front door rather than having to deal with all that troublesome knocking and doorbell ringing. If you want it back they require you to sign for it "to ensure it's safety." yep, you read that right, to ensure the safety of a device that in all likelihood up to the point they agreed to return it they were calling worthless. So why the added security when returning a device they didn't care about securing when it was being sent to them? It's merely another hurdle, another thing designed to make a customer say "to hell with it, just give me the money!" also, it should be noted that if the post office tries and fails to return the device and get that signature 3 times it's "return to sender" time, baby! That means it goes back to cash4laptops! And if they have your device in their hot little hands after 30 days, according to their terms of service, it now belongs to them! And all they have to do is pay you whatever pittance they were offering after their "inspection process" that made you ask for the return of it in the first place. It is a point of pride there to purchase each device sent for as little money as possible, online quotes be damned. It's a place where ethics and morality have been replaced by sales figures and $#*!in' sales contests! It's the type of job where when you return home, if you have any soul to speak of, you have to shower until you leave for work the next day to feel even the least bit clean. Avoid it at all costs!

I had received their generous offer of $5 for a gently used iPhone 3GS. After a heated argument with their customer reserve rep, I was successfully at getting my phone mailed back to me. I really thought that was the end of it till I got it back in pieces. Avoid. Stay way. Do your research. Fight back. Shut this business down so it does not take advantage of one more person.

They will always give you a rasonable quote ($100 in my case) and will ALWAYS then offer you $5.

While you can negotiate a better price than $5 with them (I got $90)......why bother?

Do you really want to deal with rip off artists whose whole business is bait and switch? I mean if they give you a run around on the quote like they did to me do you honestly think that they "erase" your personal info like they say they do?

This is not a reputable business. While it is environmentally comendable to recycle your laptop, this is not the outfit to do it with.

These guys are rip-offs. You send product for cash based upon site valuation, it will offer a ridiculous low price and try to negotiate. best stay away.

Was quoted $40 for HP laptop with bad hard drive.
Took 2 weeks to receive their paid shipping box.
Took another week after they received it for them to tell me they'd pay $5.
No explanation- no offer to return the laptop if I didn't accept $5.
They said to call them or respond to the email if any questions.
Can't get a real person to respond by email: they want me to call them between 8-4 PST.
Stay away from cash4laptops. Have dealt with before- they are a legitimate operation- not cash4laptops

I received a $50 quote for my 2009 blackberry curve. It was a perfectly functional phone and I figured $50 was easier than hunting down a buyer for what it was really worth (Probably $100).

I sent in the phone in their prepaid envelope and one month later I received a check...for 7 dollars and no written explanation as to why I did not receive full quoted price.

Complete scam. Complete rip off.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Cash4Laptops staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
A: You have to call them and or email them demanding your item back. You can also file a complaint with the BBB. Hope that helps!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Cash4Laptops staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?