US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

bobb606
7/22/14

They said say ships within 24-48 business HOURS.
This turns out to mean 3-6 business days before they even ship it, plus another 7-10 more to receive it
This lets you know what kind of company they are. They sound and look good on the surface but that is it.

I received 1/3 of the items I ordered because they were very poorly packaged so they fell out of the box during shipping..... Fixing this has been a nightmare.

-So...if you want the stuff for decorations or costumes its pretty good.

-But if you want quality, functional and customer service I would recommend that you keep looking

mlm2
1/8/14

I just discovered this website through a magazine. I love it, it has everything that a hunter, weapons enthusiast, camper, or collector would want.
Great site!

bobbieg6
12/31/13

I didn’t want to have to do this but it’s about time I do.

I've ordered off of BUDK for over 10 years. They had the greatest customer service, awesome merchandise, and never made mistakes and if they did they corrected it with no problems. Over the last 3-4 years I’ve been making purchases every month, that’s right every month. I collect but mostly resold and gifted stuff to friends and family. I’ve ordered from them for so long I know just about everybody there and they know me. I considered BUDK to be not only a great place to purchase cool stuff but also seeing some of them as good old friends. 10 years is a long time so it came naturally.

Starting around mid 2011 is when the NIGHTMARES began. Now these days the customer service is rude. I was actually yelled at for mistakes they’ve made. Sadly the majority of these people I’ve dealt with for years. They all suddenly turned two-faced. It takes a lot to get me upset or at least to show it but these people know how to push your buttons.

The reasons why BUDK is a horrible company:
ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION I
Was told I would get calls back/emails and never did.
Had the completely wrong orders sent to me.
Had my orders sent to another address.
Had orders missing a number of merchandise.
Had fragile items shipped with heavy items just to find the fragile items were destroyed.
Had parts fall out of box during shipping due to poor packaging.
Had orders placed that were never shipped but somehow was still charged.
Had items returned and had to fight for the refund.

I wish I was joking about this. As strange as it seems it hurts to have to do this but I’m tired of their games and constantly having to call them for their mistakes. I think it’s safe to say after over 10 years with this company I am completely done with them. Goodbye BUDK.

annar25
11/6/13

I thought that I was getting some great deals on the items that I wanted to purchase. The items arrived broken, after they lost my package and had to reship it. It took more than the standard time frame for the delivery, and they would not credit back the shipping cost that I had paid. All they offered was to have me return the item for a full credit. Really disappointing. I wouldn't suggest ordering from here.

robertd60
5/30/13

I have ordered several times with this site and have had headaches about half the time.

The first time I ordered they cut the building number off the address so it did not make it. When I called (the rude) customer service they informed me all items would be resent.

When I got the shipment they did not include half the items and two calls later I got a refund on it but not the extra shipping I was charged since it was about half the order.

Still I gave them another try and it was another failure. I called and placed a order and again they cut the address off and my package did not make it and had to deal with (the rude) customer service again. I got free shipping and they resent it again. no sorry or anything.

A month ago I gave them one more chance. I called to get about $150 for a crossbow and a few other items and guess what.....after the promised me no goof up they messed the address up again and did not ship another item that was out of stock but charged me the extra shipping.

I will take my money elsewhere unless I really need something. I gave them three strike's and they struck out.

I will update if anything changes.

UPDATE: I had to order something from them because it was out of stock everywhere and it was for some friends in town for a week or so. I ordered items labeled buy one get one free and they only sent the items I bought. They then told me it ended before and it was on the email. There is some very small font on the bottom that I needed to enlarge on my computer to see....deceitful and seems to be done on purpose.

The kicked is the bags and mask I bought are full of mold and rust......these can not be used.

This place is a joke. The product was awful, service was awful and they use some little tricks for false advertising. I will stick with keepshooting.com,centerfiresystems.com and cheaper than dirt. Rating dropped to one star.

One again, I will update if anything changes. I filed a complaint with the BBB and sent pictures of items. Let's see what they reply with.

One note, one of the girls was very pleasant over the phone. ONe was ok and two were awful. I will say the two did their best to help me.

stuarts1
Veteran Reviewer
12/9/12

I have ordered quite a bit of items from Budk.com, including knives, machetes, crossbows and darts and other equipment and they have delivered ontime and they keep you posted when you will receive your items. This is an excellent company. They are quick to deliver. You can not go wrong. Try them you'll like them. Bye Bye for now. Stuart

chriss102
11/12/12

I collect weapons as a hobby, and I heard about this site from a friend. I checked it out, and I was amazed at just how many extensively different weapons and categories they had. Their prices are super cheap, and the items are really good quality. They sell so many things on here, that I still haven't put a dent in all the things I want to get from them! I would definitely recommend this site for any avid collector!