US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

randyr16

Unlike feebay there is no hidden fees and customer service is good. (in 29 reviews)

carolw42

(smh) One of the problems is i think, The "Go To" place is ebay. (in 84 reviews)

mysteryshopperr

I am a current seller on Bonanza.com and have also done a YouTube review https://youtu.be/p7bl-7-BDIg
(in 142 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lidap
2/11/16

I sell CD's on both Ebay and Bonanza and most of my business has been on Ebay, however a couple of times a month I have sold on Bonanza. I have it set up that if you want to buy from me I have to approve the order. That is good for both the buyer and the seller. One you know that the seller has seen the order and two I respond to you within 6 hours. I have not had any problems with my buyers and so far they haven't had any with me. If a seller wants to be successful in on line sales they need to communicate with their buyer.

Check out the sellers feedback, send them an email first. Give Bonanza a chance. Ebay too has their problems, it is just too big.

kristim19
2/11/16

Disappointed. My son placed an order back in Nov for an Abby Wombach jersey using my husbands debit card. The money was taken out our account on Dec 11 but as of Feb 11 we still have not received a jersey. We did receive a message that we may never receive & that we need to contact paypal. My son didn't have an account & checked out as a guest so we don't know how to file this paypal since there is not an account on this transaction. I have told him to go back to his transaction & contact paypal. Hopefully once he contacts they can help with this. Will never order anything from Bonanza again. We should not have to go through this in order to receive goods especially when the money was taken out of my account 2 months ago. By the way Mark D. don't bother answering if you are just going to send the same garbage posted under all the other reviews. Only answer if you can help.

grantc26
2/8/16

Notice how all of the low ratings have the same response from Bonanza about their BBB rating? looks like an algorithm that monitors the site and auto-responds... That's just the kind of customer care people want... So glad I checked this out before purchasing. I looked at another review site also where the responses were tailored to the complaint but still clearly copy and paste replies. Overall the shear amount of negative feedback say enough.

elizabethb133
2/8/16

I would like to get an answer from Bonanza period. Their customer service is horrendous. They are shielding themselves from the customer. Which only tells me they have something to hide. Can someone contact me about my problem purchase?
Elizabeth B

rickyl8
2/7/16

People that gave this site 1.0 stars didn't read reviews on the seller or are OCD and complainers. All 6 transaction's I made on here were cheaper than Amazon and ebay and the sellers were great.

lizc22
2/4/16

Oh how I regret not googling "Bonanza reviews" before spending hundreds of dollars on a bag that never came. No response from seller or site, please stick with Ebay or outlet. I had to leave a review to help potential victims from being scammed.
AGAIN DO NOT BUY!!
Terrible site with horrible consistency, communication, and integrity.
Edited to add: Funny Bonanza will respond to negative reviews posted online through a third-party site before they respond to customer service request on their own website. This just goes to show that they are more worried about looking good than actually providing good service.

kenr38
2/2/16

If you want to be disappointed with a site and you are on Bonanza you have found it.

beatricem8
1/30/16

I ordered a product that I was not happy with. The site, and seller, we're courteous and expeditiously apologized. I received a refund right away to my PayPal account. I will definitely use again.

markj140
1/30/16

Signed up as a seller, traffic was minimal with limited actual sales. Then one day, I get five notices of bid cancellations one right after the other over 5 minuets. Strange I got no bid notice, just these cancellations, so I attempt to log into my account, can't! Several attempts, nothing, contact customer service.

Day later I get a form email, an algorithm determined my booth was high risk, so they CANCELLED my account, closed my booth and its within their terms to be able to.

I write back ,How can this be, my booth had little to no activity, sales were minor, basically a no hassle customer, another day goes by, same form email, not even the courtesy of real person's reply.

It was an outlet but not that big of a deal, but then I come to find out that many, many buyer's have had issues purchasing an item, paying then not receiving the item, not being able to contact the seller or no reply or booth closed, with no help from Bonanza.

Then I see the light, I had one high end item on my site, collectible one of a kind at $2500. I'm assuming it sold, they got the funds, closed my booth and now the seller is out there with nothing, thinking I ripped him/her off, when its the site.

I think this scam has been going on for some time, and no one is wise due to the sheer size and the reluctance to people to go through the hassle. Friends..blow the whistle on these guys, if you get ripped off file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Board, the FTC and your state's attorney general. Only way this will be solved, the internet is not a hole, there is someone at the other in Washington manipulating the system to rip you off! I've done my part, now you do yours, don't take it!
Best of Luck.

cindym91
1/30/16

I submitted an offer to Linda Zeagler for a bag she was selling. I got no response. I upped my offer to just a bit below the asking price. Again. No answer. I reached out to Bonanza's customer support TWICE and got no response either time. This is my second attempt using this site. My first time I purchased an item only to have to put a stop payment on it after 6 weeks because the seller never sent the item, never responded to e mails. TERRIBLE site, TERRIBLE sellers!!!

stevens122
1/29/16

GREAT WEBSITE! Low priced items fast delivery on shipping and very smooth transactions five star customer service. Will shop here again I highly recommend this website.

elsab2
1/14/16

I bought a diamond ring and is a good size ..I Igoy it on time.

chucks22
1/13/16

Mark D. is not telling you the truth. I've seen recent posts, as in hours ago from the Mark D., saying:
"Mark D. [Bonanza Rep] Bonanza has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and actively monitors and assists all inbound queries that are submitted via the Better Business Bureau. If you can please direct your inquiry via the BBB we will do everything we can to assist."

If you'd like to know the truth, you can see they have a B rating. 2.97 out of 5 stars with the BBB. Here is the link: http://www.bbb.org/alaskaoregonwesternwashington/business-reviews/internet-shopping/bonanza-com-in-seattle-wa-22476619/

I was interested in another place than Ebay since they treat me like crap as a seller, and I thought I'd check out user's experiences with bonanza. Glad I did. Thank you all for the helpful reviews. To see the canned response saying that if you want any customer support from bonanza, you must go to the BBB and report them, that is the height of ridiculousness. Then for them to lie about their standing with the Bureau is another reflection on them. I wouldn't sell there is it was free and I wouldn;t buy there if they paid me.

markj137
1/13/16

My first experience with Bonanza has not been good. Made my purchase, then got a confirmation of shipping the same day I made the purchase, I thought OK this seems good.
The next day I checked the tracking number and USPS said it wasn't legit....that;s when I started worrying. Days later, no merchandise so I e-mail the seller and get a robot response stating the product would arrive in 2-3 days, no tracking number given, no response to e-mails requesting one.
Forget any help from Bonanza, all you get is robot responses and leave a message if you call. I just put the charge in dispute with my Credit card company and will chalk this up to experience. Bonanza sucks.
Update, I finally received the merchandise which is Windows 7 on DVD. After getting the disc I called Microsoft to make sure it's legit and found that is was a valid key. I still will not ever do business with Bonanza again.

johnq24
1/13/16

When I had an issue with a seller, this company washed their hands of the process and told me to dispute it with my credit card company. I believe there is an obligation when a company acts as an agent in a sale. They get paid, therefore they have a stake in the game, I will stay away from this company and let everyone I know to do the same.

paulas46
1/12/16

I purchased a piece of furniture from a seller (nellydeals) instead of another source, only to get an email days later that they didn't actually have the item and it would be weeks or more to get it. Of course, by that time, the other seller had sold their item, so I am 'out of luck'. Selling things you don't have is unethical, besides being illegal. They say they are refunding my money, but that doesn't get me the furniture I could have gotten from someone else at the time they 'sold' me something.

brendat7
1/12/16

On December 29, 2015 ordered an item and never received it. Contacted the seller 2 times and no answer. Contacted Bonanza, still waiting for a reply. Now I am going to contact Paypal. I will tell everyone NOT to shop Bonanza.

End of January, PayPal recovered my money - as of yesterday 2/7/2016 Bonanza is sending emails trying to take credit for recovering the money. AND by the way, BBB does not help you at all. I also think that MARK D is not real!

markp120
1/10/16

I purchased an item in bonanza and it has been 4 days now and still no update. I sent 2 messages to the seller and 1 to bonanza.com, and I have not gotten a response. Should I be doing something more aggressive now? I paid through Paypal so I know they'll return my money.

bobl65
1/9/16

I'm a megaebay seller and I'm eBay's whore. Pay them $50,000 a year in fees and they treat me like a pile of dung.

I saw some items on bonanza..and I did not research it like I usually do. I instead read their lines...what their fees are...and I saw a 14 day free trial. I said what the heck..and signed up.

BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! I gave my paypal email and then I changed my mind using that paypal email and I gave them a 2nd paypal email.

BIG MISTAKE!!! Double Mistake.

I didn't sign up for any of the options...however when I went to my 1st paypal site..I saw they Stole $250 from my account for a "yearly fee"

Then I logged on to the other paypal and they stole $25 for the Monthly fee.

I immediately contacted their support and wrote them a detailed email...and got an automatic response back that they would be back with me in 24 to 48 hours.

NO RESPONSE!!

I wanted to give them a try and I downloaded my ebay site which happened very quickly with the uploading to their site 1500 items.

They looked good and the site is easy to navigate..and I was thinking if we could get the fee stuff worked out...maybe not that bad...even though by then I read a lot of horror stories of buyers and sellers.

But in 2 days...2 sales and that got me a little excited.

I'm desperate for an easy website that doesn't suck fees.

Anyway I could not find out their fees structure.

First I think it's free and they take 3.5%.

Then they have a both option at $25 a month and I'm thinking that is all.

I saw some Google Shop...and other places where you could market at 3.5%, 10%, 13.5% something like that and I didn't choose any of them.

The first sale I saw they took 3.5% fees..and I'm thinking..oh..$25 plus 3.5%
yuck...10 sales for $500 at 3.5% plus $25 is already higher than ebay fees.

Then the next sale I saw they took 13% on a jacket.

What an effing joke....an effing joke.

I just went into paypal and disputed both fees and when they charge my credit card for their fees..I'm going to dispute them.

Worse part...try to figure out how to close your site and cancel your membership.

They have no place to turn your account off.

BONANZA IS A DEN OF THEIVES.

SCARY!!!

If they were so effing GodDang Greedy they could actually have a really good thing going.

But NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

All I am worried about now is that my account is closed and totally cancelled.

What an Effing Joke BONANZA...

kimp60
1/9/16

Why are there so many bad reviews with the same response from Mark D that they have an A rating from BB. This can't be possible. I will go elsewhere and save my money. Not worth being scammed.

orests
1/8/16

Very bad experience. I purchased a printer, got email that printer was testing and good condition with all parts. Upon arrival the printer was in poor condition, black ink smudges all over, broken parts, not printing in color, trouble lights blinking, smelled light cigarettes, not picking paper, old piece of dried up letter sized paper in tray.

Contacted seller who proceeded to "attack" me and call me names. Numerous emails the seller sent me, erratic and random.

Contacted Bonanza help, did not reply, took a week, got email the case is close, asked why closed, why didn't they inform me, got a few more basically indifferent emails from Bonanza, then finally got a name "Gabby", could care less, told me to do what I already did and then contact PayPal.

Told them this is a Bonanza issue, not PayPal, told them I'm concerned for my safety due to the emails from the seller. Been a month now, they dropped the line.

Horrible company, lost in space, this was my first.....and last experience with them. I think they are in a foreign country and are just getting by for a while. Their seller ratings are fake and can be imported, they even state that.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site! Like Russian roulette, maybe you will maybe you won't. Nothing like Ebay or Amazon, I'm sorry to say, would be good to see some competition.

kevins129
1/7/16

Site Seems to full of scam seller who constantly open and close new profiles!! Do not do business with go to a real site!

helenc63
1/6/16

I purchased an iPhone case on 12/25/15 thru Bonanza. Unfortunately I paid thru paypal and the money is gone. There has been NO confirmation email about purchase from Bonanza or the seller, nor any shipping confirmation. I have sent emails to the seller and Bonanza. NO ANSWERS!! and NO RESPONSES from either!!
I will definitely be spreading the word to family and friends to NOT buy anything thru Bonanza! This site should NOT be able to stay in business! Such unreliable service!!

marielad1
1/6/16

No communication, no reply to emails. After I gave them a bad review they closed my account to prevent me from seeing any actions on my purchase They avoided giving me my money back.
Save yourself the aggravation

juliar43
1/5/16

I purchased a item didn't work an they don't refund.

rossanan1
1/2/16

I ordered from one of their sellers and only had his email. I called bonanza to get more information on the seller because I sent him several emails and nothing. The seller is Wylde, Inc. and still no response from either. I think they ate one and the same the way this is looking. I've lost $27 alreafy, no way to recover if you can't get a hold of a person. WARNING Never purchase anything without actually contacting the seller first. It's a bad sign when you hear nothing back from a seller.

I think this is another scam personally.

briank71
1/2/16

I purchased software from a vendor on Bonanza.. Shortly after paying through PayPal, I get an email from Bonanza support, it informs me that I have made a purchase from a fraudulent vendor. I am told that they have removed this vendor from the site due to past frraudelent sales. Bonanza would not refund my money, instead told me to get with PayPal to get a refund. Open a dispute resolution.. I feel the site owners should stand behind who they allow to sell on their site is all..

As a kicker to the story, I got back on Bonanza and was able to add this sellers fraudulent item right back into my cart.. I was told that they had removed this seller form their site..
Just saying, with this kind of coincidental fraud and passing the buck, one could conclude that Bonanza is actually the one committing the fraudulent sale. I therefor no longer trust this site.. Whether you are comfortable doing business is your decision, a review is after all all just a review of one customers experience..

brentb33
12/31/15

Less than 24h after placing my first order, I received this:

"The seller has been permanently suspended from Bonanza due to non delivery of items. Based on the activity on their account, we believe that they are acting in a fraudulent way. Bonanza errs on the cautious side when dealing with such sellers and we have permanently removed them from our site. We would ***Highly*** recommend that you contact PayPal as soon as possible and file a dispute so you can get a refund. If you are still in communication with this seller, we would highly recommend that you still file the claim and do not cancel the claim with PayPal until you have a confirmed refund."

And for Mark D, (who is apparently a Bonanza Rep), I've heard that Bonanza has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and actively monitors and assists all inbound queries that are submitted via the Better Business Bureau. If you can please direct your inquiry via the BBB we will do everything we can to assist.

UPDATE: After filing a dispute with PayPal, the Bonanza seller (not Bonanza themselves) did not respond, and I did finally get a refund. Still a complete waste of time and unneeded frustration.

Tip for consumers: Just..... don't......

walters38
12/30/15

Not clear in exactly what they are selling. But are sure to tell you that what you thought you were getting in non refundable whether you want it or not. AVOID BONANZA.COM !!!!

vickyg20
12/28/15

I ordered a record player, tuner, cd player combo for my husband for Christmas. I ordered it Dec 14, 2015 and he opened it Christmas Day. When we used it we found the sound was very inadequate. We decided to send it back. When I contacted Bonanza and the person I purchased it from she told me it could only be returned in 15 days for the refund. I asked her to show me where that is and she could not. She offered to send for it and give me 1/2 my money back. What a business. I will NEVER use this again and if anyone shalumingu's profile run.

Tip for consumers: Don't use.

tomc112
12/26/15

fredl35
12/25/15

IN case you have not noticed, all the replies by Bonanza staff are fake. Fake in the sense of completely non-responsive and fake because it looks like some computer generated thing.

There is no option on their site to cancel.

UPDATE: they have responded to my review but not to my endless e-mails demanding cancellation and a refund.

christineh54
12/25/15

When doing a search for products there are more and more scammers out there. I almost was going to order from Bonanza but decided to check their reviews, thank goodness I did! How can a business receive so many poor reviews and still have an online site?? I don't get it... Thank you all reviewers, I am so grateful for freedom of speech!! I will look elsewhere for what I need even though they offered it a few dollars cheaper. It isn't worth the aggravation of not receiving the product and having to dispute it through the credit card company. I will order from a known and reliable source.

staceyh28
12/22/15

I ordered a battery pack that come to find out was not in stock. I was told I would be refunded my money but after a month I never got it. After many emails and phone calls to customer service, I finally got my refund. Very unprofessional. Update your stock!

kirky1
12/22/15

My order was placed on December ninth. Two weeks to get my order shipped! They wait until December 21st to send it USPS ground! This was a Christmas present and will not arrive now until after Christmas. I won't be doing business with these bozos again.

mikev34
12/22/15

I ordered 4 items through Bonanza on the same date. Two weeks later I have received tracking information for just 1 item which should arrive today...keep fingers crossed. 1 item supposedly was shipped but no tracking information was given. I have contacted the seller several times but am not hearing back. Bonanza did notify me the other 2 items' sellers were banned from their site now and I put in a claim through Paypal to get my money back. This seems to be the way Bonanza works....we provide you with a boat load of fraudulent sellers and if you have a problem we don't care, go to Paypal or go to BBB to file a claim which I'm sure will be the response I get from the Bonanza idiot replying to all these negative reviews.

erikar9
12/21/15

Hello I ordered a hat on December 4th and of course my money was taken and then two days later I got a email saying the hat was not there and to pick something different. So then I sent reply stating I was looking for that specfic hat and just wanted my money back. But now it's December 21st and I sent multiple emails asking for my money and still no response and still no refund. What made me so upset was that why allow me to buy a product that wasnt there.Never again will I use this website ever again

waynef19
12/19/15

I tried the free 30 day trial thinking it was actually going to be free but they took $290 out of my bank right away. Me and my wife have sent 6 emails so far with no response, tried the live chat that doesn't work and called the phone number that nobody answers. Have you guys ever heard of the "Buyer's Remorse" law? We have 3 days to cancel any contract and yes we're still in that window but getting someone to talk is impossible.

ericg56
12/14/15

Horrible experience. Ordered kids rollercoaster 12/1 today is 12/24 and still waiting. Sent seller several texts with no reply. All items I ordered from Amazon and walmart after 12/1 have already arrived. Yet I'm still waiting for bonanza and the seller has yet to respond!

bens115
12/4/15

Bonanza is the worst place to sell your items. Their customer support takes 4-7 days for a reply even though I had a pro account which promised 8 hour replies. They shut down their live chat, the whole reason I signed up for pro in the first place too!

They shut down my booth for NO REASON at all, they are just as bad as ebay. They refused to give me a reason, I had NO complaints about my items. Take your business elsewhere.

pradeepr3
11/30/15

Bonanza is not a place to purchase item. Refunds and cancels take painfully long time. In my case seller has not bother to respond to my question after he failed to ship my item. I have to now wait 2 weeks to initiate next steps. I would not buy again.

lauries29
11/28/15

OK, I have been selling on this site for just over 5 years and I can truly say my sales are pitiful! I sell on eBay and about 90% of my stuff sells there. Not sure WHY I only get about a dozen sales a year with Bonanza. It really makes no sense. I like their booth setup and now they even import your listing on eBay. However, if the item sells on ebay, it doesn't get removed from Bonanza so you really have to keep an eye on your listings. It's too much work but since I am already set up, I just leave my stuff there and every once in a while I get a sale. For new subscribers I would say it's probably not worth it. If you really want sales, unfortunately eBay is the only place I have found to get them. Yes, you pay a lot in fees but your items also sell so you can't argue with sales. I sell about $500/mo on eBay and have been selling there since 1997. I keep hoping my sales will increase on the Bonanza site but it has never happened. I do have people clicking and viewing my items but NOT buying...Maybe you only get sales if you pay for one of their subscription services. I don't think its worth it for me. I their lower level subscription service for $25/mo and got nothing!

taylorf17
11/28/15

This site is ridiculous. Ordered a sweater through this website over a month ago now.. A week went by and still no sweater. So I emailed them (there is no phone number to call, first red flag) and asked for tracking info. No reply. Emailed again. A week later I get a reply saying that my order will be shipped no later than tomorrow. Here I am a month later with no sweater, and no tracking info.

jamesj118
11/25/15

If you cant figure this out on your own, read all these reviews. It has multiple issues. No client support...send all the emails you want. They do not and will not stand behind their buyers. Totally worthless

Oh and before ol Mark D chimes in with the canned response they/he has for everyone..here you go!

Lol.this is the answer to all their problems

aaront24
11/24/15

I started selling on Bonanza because Ebay limits 30 entries per month before they start having fees of $0.30 each. I have thousands of new un-used HVAC parts to sell. At first bonanza seemed good with their low fees but when it comes to problem solving such as shipping outside of the country, or customers cancelling their purchases you have to spend hours trying to resolve the problems. Sold a part to someone. In the process they cancelled it. So we refunded them their money but still got a fee from bonanza because they don't process their own refunds. Long story short still fighting bonanza's customer service for their fee via email. Yep they don't give out any 1-800 numbers for good customer service.

jerrym65
11/22/15

I am a long-time eBay seller with a rather large store. I do about $3000 - $4000 in sales per month on eBay alone. All of those listings are also listed on Bonanza. My monthly sales on Bonanza? Almost ZERO. The ONE item that I sold in the past 3 months ended up being purchased from someone in another country, and Bonanza gave me no option to charge the appropriate shipping (they simply used my domestic shipping price). When I was finally able to reach a rep (which you can ONLY do via email - they do not offer phone support) the response was, "too bad, you have to ship the item, the customer doesn't want a refund - they want the item". My response was "Unless you're standing behind me with a gun to my head, I will NOT be shipping this thing halfway around the world for $3.05". ZERO seller protection, ZERO phone support, ZERO buyers. Stick with eBay and let this joke of a "competitor" fall away into obscurity where they belong.

Tip for consumers: Run.

maritzac4
11/17/15

I love it because is not ETSY, which has arbitrary rules enforced solely at the whims of a bunch of weirdos that work there and also have their own shops. They have all these made up titles among themselves and their community! I am soooo happy that there are being sued by the dumb people that purchased their stock. Seriously a place that allows copies, chinese products, fraudulent 'witchy' products, went public and the buyers did not educate themselves as to what they were buying? Copyright infringement is allowed for the few that have thousands of sales (bringing their fat fees to feed etsy) people that re-sell items like 3-Birds...blah blah.(she is also on ebay now) that are found on ebay for $1 on alibaba for 0.50 are sold by her for $15 to $30...if you have thousands of sales you can sale replicas or cheap $1 stuff from china until the cows come home, yeah this is the etsy way! Party goods are all IP violations yet they gross thousands of dollars, you can download IP images, they can use any brand name when selling their crappy goods...it's a joke

karenw101
11/13/15

Bonanzas response was the same one they give everyone now I know this is a pathetic joke I'm sure the pressure is high with investors money at stake so it's a cowardly minion reply wait probably not even its a generated reply just like I got over and over again I tried unsuccessful to close my account I don't want to see any of my personnel info on there but yet I can sign in and there it is I can't even pay my 1.17 yet they want my info still oh yes I see it now oh we had to charge you a processing fee and buyer wants refund if this happens I know it's a set up delete my info not feeling it here

misakih
11/7/15

I registered there as a seller on 04.10.2015 and since then I sold 11 items. I imported all my items from eBay, I currently use Bonanza as an additional site where I offer my products.
I had 1700 items views in 1 month. I did not subscribe for any extra membership. I have the most basic account. There are different memberships available so that your items can be more visible to buyers.
The fees are very low and the items are visible in Google search so that buyers can see them.
The only problem which I have in Bonanza is that all my eBay items have free shipping, but in Bonanza it shows random amount of shipping with every item instead of the free shipping.
I would recommend using this website.

joycer18
11/5/15

Easy to navigate, easy to purchase and great communication.

69 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Bonanza staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 minutes ago
Add your answer
1 week ago
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Bonanza staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

9 Photos for Bonanza