US Government's NSF

Categories: Marketplace
109 W Denny Way #312
Seattle, WA 98119
support@bonanza.com

People interested in Bonanza are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

randyr16

Unlike feebay there is no hidden fees and customer service is good. (in 21 reviews)

colleenr4

We are power sellers on ebay, moved our 3000 items over to Bonanza last week. (in 64 reviews)

ericd38

An occasional or part time seller may not be as responsive. (in 100 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

dennisb73
7/26/15

I ordered an item thru Bonanza on 6 June. I got an email saying it had been shipped and could expect a 2 to 5 week delivery. 8 weeks and no item. I tried to contact Bonanza and their seller but only got "not my Problem"
Dennis

dawnl23
7/24/15

Come on be nice to bonanzle~That was the name of the site when I joined and let me tell you something negative Nancys It was always a fun and helpful community~Yes you do have to market thyself somewhat as I do and like to mingle with the neighbors It creates a Buzz around town and people seem to come out of their shells and off the couch It's FUN~Between garage sales,$#*!tail parties,girl's nite,christmas in july and more~Just advertise under the community tab which I call the livingroom...It is where everyone gathers ~Let me tell you if you just get out and meet your Peeps ,They will respond and you do SELL~Talk to me sometime Ovyee jewels ~

Tip for consumers: Have fun Meet your fellow sellers and it will Come~

arieler
7/24/15

48 hours and the seller didn't even answered, they said it was an instant automated digital delivery.....Tomorow I'll try to ask for a refund through paypal.

michaelk98
7/24/15

I bought an item and the guy I bought it from removed himself the seller list. He said the item could take five weeks to arrive so I was patient and didn't try to contact him. What happened? Why are we able to be stolen from so easily?

mytherinen
7/22/15

Recently I purchased some items from Ps_youwontforgerme with amount $434.00, suddenly Bonanaz send email said my account is lock, they are unable to open it for me, I tried to contact them and attached my roof purchased with Psyouwontforgetme, Bonanaz customer service never answer back to me, I sent out 2 email to Psyouwontforgetme to discussed about item I bought, and would like PS....me process the service, Ps....me did not answer me either, I called PayPal and asked for dispute, PayPal customer service had sent out email to contact Ps...me and gave them 3 days to resolve the issue, to day is a third day, if Psyouwontforgetme do not answer back to PayPal and me, I am going to dispute for all. $434.00 is huge money
I have tried everythings I could and politely I contact and very patience, either Bonanaz and Psyouwontforgetme are not cooperating with me, so I had to have PayPal involve, or legal action

cherry-2
7/22/15

The order was shipped on time , good quality , will order again .

patricke17
7/21/15

Mark D. [Bonanza Rep] Bonanza has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau and actively monitors and assists all inbound.

ashleyc59
7/20/15

Order an item a month ago. Never recieved item or shipping info, but the money was withdrawn from my account. Contacted seller who claims Bonanza never told her about the order, asked if I wanted to item or a refund, I said either... never heard from her again. Contacted Bonanza, never once heard from them. IRATE at this point. Not sure how to go about getting my money back considering the company can't even return an email... an email I was prompted to send (and received a generic email in return saying they would contact me in 24 to 48 hours... that was over a week ago... such bull$#*!.) Legal action is next!
Oh, and Bonanza bot... if you reply that "Bonanza has been rated an A for customer service..." seriously, stfu. Want an A from me? Return my emails and my money!

johnm506
7/18/15

Very poor customer support. I am new seller on Bonanza, I tried to reach them so many times during the past 3 days but no one is getting back to me. It is very hard to sell on a website where there is no customer support available to help.

marthap20
7/14/15

Do not purchase anything from bonanza. I ordered a belt for my son and they charged my account and sent me an email saying my shipping was cancelled but never gave me credit for the charge. Was never able to get ahold of the seller either.

johnt230
7/11/15

How do you stop the spam from bonanza.com? Unsubscribe does not work.

mathews21
7/9/15

Is very bad company no replay to any of email is not safe to buy from them

carolw42
7/7/15

So many bad reviews on this site. (smh) One of the problems is i think, The "Go To" place is ebay. If you can find it on that hell forsaken site, why look anyplace else? I know, i sell there also. But i sell on lots of sites, ebay has taught me not to "put all my egg's in one basket, so to speak" however, I do feel most at home on Bonanza. Sales all depend on what someone is looking for....if they find it on ebay, that's it. why look any further, UNLESS you bring them there. yes, we have to tweet, and pin and advertise our items like crazy. But i do get sales out of it. and never, not once, have i ever received a return on an item. Also, Bonanza has recently gotten many "Ebay refugee's" and if something does not sell right away, they get all mad and complain and leave. Well, in my opinion, one day ebay will either no longer be there or will run the small seller out of town, as they have been trying to do.....Then maybe these sellers will learn how to tweet and pin their own items. There is nothing underhanded about this site.....it IS free to list items, fee's are less than ebay, customer service is awesome (if anyone tell's you different, sorry its just not the truth) sales are not as good as over there, but its alot less hassle. I love Bonanza.

deezn3
7/6/15

"MARK D." Is full of $#*! always posting the same crap over and over as a reply to people's reviews Mark D. [Bonanza Rep] Bonanza has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau and actively monitors and assists all inbound queries that are submitted via the Better Business Bureau. If you can please direct your inquiry via the BBB we will do everything we can to assist." what a $#*!ing $#*!, or a bot.

scottd55
7/2/15

NOT SURE HOW THIS PLACE OPERATES & HOW THEY ALLOW CLIENTS TO OPERATE UNDER THEIR NAME, I ORDERED SOME FLEA MEDICINE FOR MY CAT
& WAS RIPPOFF BY THE SELLER, I CONTACTED BONANZA THINKING THEY WOULD RESOLVE THE ISSUE ONLY TO GET ZERO REPLIES ABOUT MY PROBLEM STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.

Tip for consumers: MAKE SURE TO USE A CREDIT CARD NO CASH OR BANK TRANSFER

stans33
7/2/15

Bouth $52 in chinese items on this site, and seller took money and ran. Bonanza kicked him off site,and tells me "too bad". I feel Bonanza is responsible for the loss. I am going to file with BBB. Amount is too small for legal action, but definitely do not buy ANYTHING through this site.. I will post updates as they happen. I am seeing if paypal can do anything at this point.

Here is what Bonanza wrote to me once I complained about this seller:

"The seller for your offer has been suspended from Bonanza for conduct unbecoming a good seller. They have been prevented from transacting business on Bonanza ever again. Thank you for reporting their dishonest behavior
We recommend that you immediately file a claim with PayPal against this seller to get your transaction refunded."
They are probably in cahoots with him.
---
BBB Complaint filed ID 10700778. BEWARE of this company! BBB shows 76% bad rating for company:

Tip for consumers: Do not buy through Bonanza! They are letting scammers sell on their site with no ramification when they take off with the money you give them. Very unscrupulous.. I trusted Bonanza, but not any longer.

brandonm53
6/30/15

UPDATE!!!

No response from Bonanza,other than contact seller. Have contacted the seller, still no response either.
I just consider myself lucky that I didn't spend more on the site.

ONCE AGAIN... DO NOT BUY FROM BONANZA !!!!

peterl92
6/27/15

All you need to do is look at the completely useless boilerplate that "Mark" copy-pastes to EVERY bad review, regardless of the content. Clearly, this "Mark" person/robot isn't even reading these complaints -- only the ratings -- as "Mark's" one-and-only ever-repeating response doesn't even apply to many issues raised here. The fact that "Mark" thinks this is an acceptable form of dealing with customers who are complaining about Bonanza's LACK of customer support should tell you everything you need to know. Their concerns about Bonanza's truly laughable customer support are not only real, but manifested here for all to see. If the "Mark" robot posts the same blurb about the BBB on this review as "Mark" has on all other low-rated reviews, then you can rest assured that no one at Bonanza.com is listening or gives a crap.

To "Mark": if you are a real person, prove it by replying to the specific issue in this post (that Bonanza doesn't even read their customer's concerns, let alone provide any kind of support). If you are not a real person, then show it by posting the same weak line about the Better Business Bureau as has been posted already to every bad review here. Make sure there is no variation in any way to your usual response if you want us to believe that you are just an algorithm.

janetk13
6/21/15

I spent almost $90 including shipping for 3 iPhone Chanel cases and never received my order! No response from the company after repeated attempts. Please don't get scammed and save yourself the grief and money.

sunrises
6/19/15

First to buyers. Cannot believe how stupid some people are. You buy something off a site like Ebay or Bonanza, you take the problem up with the seller, or the Payment method used to pay for the item. Something goes wrong, you buyers are immediately so dumb to blame the hosting company. Not the seller. The seller sold the item and thats who you take the problem up with. The fact that you want everyone to resolve your problems and do nothing about it yourself. You contact the seller and you wait a few business days, if you have a problem with something, after you contact the seller 2 times in 5 day period, if you cant get a resolution, then file a dispute. If you paid via PayPal then file a claim with Paypal. You buyers are pathetic and rediculous at the same time. Buying a wig for your son and now your contacting an attorney. LAUGHABLE! So thats our thoughts on you buyers. You take shots at everyone and everything and lets not forget that you buyers commit more fraud than sellers. But thats another topic. Anynows..

Bonanza is worthless. They dont respond to emails, as you can see, Marks cut and paste responses for every negative complaint shows you what this place really is. 1 week and things arent on google. So we updated to the most expense platform and bet nothing will go on Bing or Pricegrabber. Mark if you think we're going to pay you for nothing, keep dreaming! Learn to answer emails and get things working like sellers pay to you do so.

And there so called Editors Choice award, is another fake promotional BS. Bonanza was begging sellers to complete their own internal form and more than likely taking shots at sellers if they didnt like the service. It wasnt a opinion based survey, it was a scam! Again going with Mark he's a scumbag. If there's a dispute with a buyer, they will sell the seller out at any change they get. Instead of telling the buyer to contact the seller and work things out like they should do so, they just tell the buyer to file a dispute, they try to wash their hands clean of eveything. They are worthless.

gregl32
6/19/15

Great site but they need to advertise and get phone supprt.

muhammada24
6/17/15

i just buy a jeep wrangler and i spend about $385.00 when i receive the product and i open the box i found it was broken and i try to contect with bonanza no one contect with me not at all this is suck i never going to buy anything from then ever again and i also tell other people don't do that mistake.

howardc19
6/11/15

Downloaded software and key would not work. Requested a key that would work and received one that allowed program to work. Went online to Microsoft to check if key was legit and it was not. Software is hacked version.

rw28
6/10/15

We purchased software that came without a sealed package. When we decided not to use the product and tried to return it they gave us the run around for 2 months before we finally gave up.
Don't deal with this company unless you want to throw your money away!

richarde20
6/9/15

Beware of buying anything through Bonanza from Deal Brands. I spent endless time trying to get my money back after I returned a pair of sandals. Deal Brands simply would not respond to e-mails or issue a credit. Finally PayPal had to intervene and get me a refund.

kristenm15
6/8/15

I ordered a wig for a costume that my son needed. It never showed up. Bonanza gave me the run around and refers me.back to the seller who will not respond. I have called an attorney and WILL PURSUE A LAW SUIT!!!!!!! Unfortunately with family in the business of law BONANZA AND OR THE SELLER WILL BE PAYING!!!!!

vminio
6/1/15

eBay needs some competition and Bonanza is a good place to start. I have had free account with Bonanza for years and occasionally selling items. I love the layout and easy of uploading my postings from eBay too. I recommend it especially when you can us the site free.

felib
5/30/15

My account was terminated a while back for some nonsense reasons, All you get when you ask for an answer is a robot reply. NO FURTHER reasons as to why. the funny thing is that when you find another seller according to them violating listing policies and you report them, Bonanza just ignores them. When you ask why , you get the run around. I hope all people on this board would get together and do something about this market places, who place listing rules and overlook stores violating the very same rules they have put i place, just to make a few bucks of the sellers.

jenl30
5/27/15

Since Ioffer is pretty done and banned by Google. The Chinese counterfeiters have a new place to go and sell with no problem. Bonanza is full of counterfeit DVDs, Clothes, and ect.. Legit sellers won't able to make a sell because the same legit item you try to sell is already on the site for 90% off the retail value because it's fake. Also for some reason they quickly to approved a counterfeiter items than a legit seller. I guess they want to make money!! Soon or later, they will be like ioffer if they don't clean up the site.

sandyl33
5/26/15

I have been selling on Ebay since they started many years ago but their fees have become out of hand so I put up a few quality items for sale on Bonanza but when I have run into any problems, there is virtually no Customer Service, nor Contact info and whatever information they send you in generic email isn't valid.
DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO SELL ON THIS SITE!!! Either they don't have their act together or worse, they're a scam.+

ambert14
5/25/15

I tried selling on Bonanza for years as an alternative to Ebay. There are no listing fees and overall it costs you less to sell an item. Unfortunately, sales are very low to non existent on Bonanza. For every 200 items I sell on ebay, I may get one sale on Bonanza if I'm lucky even though my prices are competitive. Customer service is either poor, or they don't get back to you. It's a waste of time to sell there.

guillermov1
5/19/15

I started doing business with Bonanza since 2010 and suddenly in January of this year 2015 they terminated my store for the following reason: "Reilly, Jan 22, 09:26:
Hi,

Our system recently notified us that a computer used to access your account has been associated with other accounts that have been suspended on Bonanza due to violation of our terms of service (http://tinyurl.com/BonanzaUserAgreement).

We apologize that we are unable to provide further details about the other account(s) involved with this action. In our efforts to keep Bonanza the safest possible marketplace for our buyers and sellers to use, it is our mandate to be proactive in suspending accounts that have been associated in any way with site misconduct. We understand that it may not have been your specific actions that caused this suspension to occur (for example, if other family members logged into your account), but we choose to err on the side of caution in matters of user safety.

If you have any transactions that were in the midst of being processed, please let us know at your earliest convenience and we will be happy to assist you in getting those transactions completed and processed. It is our policy not to notify other users of our suspensions when possible. We strive to keep this matter as private as possible to preserve your reputation on Bonanza.

If you have any further questions, please see our terms of service, which provide complete details about our user policies, including our right to suspend an account at any time.

If you are interested in moving to another marketplace, we recommend ioffer.com or ecrater.com, both of which have strong monthly traffic and a good base of buyers and sellers. eBid.net is a good site for those who wish to deal in the auction format.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind regards,
Bonanza support

I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG, EVER. They did not care that I spent lot of time and effort. I had more that 2000 items for sale. I would never make businnes again with bonanzle, since they has demostrated to me that they are very unprofessional.

aprile
5/19/15

I have never ever encountered such a horrible time trying to reach someone for customer service the site made an error and started giving all my sales discounts even though I removed this feature needless to say there was this one sale i just couldn't take the hit on. so i emailed and emailed and tried to find a phone # then i found a # online i call and it's a Google voice # this # anyone can get. If ths so called business is legit then why don't they have a real phone or why don't they have live customer service reps. DON'T SELL HERE I REPEAT DON'T SELL HERR YOU WILL LOSE MONEY. ALSO THEY SAY THEY WILL AUTOMATICALLY BILL YOU ON THE 5TH WELL GUESS WHAT THEY ALREADY BILLED ME AND I HAVEN'T EVEN COMPLETED THE SALES. GO TO EBAY IT'S SAFER AND THEY HAVE LIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE THE FEE IS ONLY 1% MORE NOT THE 3% THAT BONANZA CLAIMS THEY ACTUALLY CHARGE YOU 9% ACROSS THE BOARD. EBAY GIVES YOU DISCOUNTS AND NOT ALL ITEMS ARE TREATED EQUALLY

Tip for consumers: to buy from it is great if you don't run into problems for sellers it's a nightmare you will lose money

katyd1
5/18/15

Me and my friend both ordered off bonanza at the same time for the same thing but different sellers. Then a week later we both got the same email saying BOTH of our sellers had been removed from the sure due to fraud. Neither of us got our product and have to go through a lot of trouble to. Get our money back

5/12/15

I tried Bonanza as an alternative to eBay - it is WAY hard to sell with all eBay's limits and rules and unfair feedback system. Unfortunately, Bonanza doesn't have the buyers and you NEVER see a Bonanza ad like you do eBay ads. I really don't think that anybody knows Bonanza exists. Good feedback from the few transactions I made but there just weren't enough to make much money off of.
If you have issues with items you buy then you need to take it up with the SELLER, not Bonanza.

johnl226
5/5/15

We had a bonanza.com account multiple times. Each time we tried to a sell on Bonanza we found that the admin read our emails. They would ban or close our shop at the drop of a hat if they didn't like the least bit of what was said in the private emails. Our store would even get shut down if a person would ask about layaway before we could even reply. Bonanza goes so far as to make random accounts to ask sellers questions just so they can ban you for your reply. Bonanza has even refused to allow others we know of having a store, or any kind of an account because their user name may resemble or be the same as a past user. To top off all of their sneaking underhanded practices the Traffic sucks. Noone wants to visit a site they just cant trust. No one can trust bonanza.com

spencerc10
4/28/15

Lower Fees, Simple System, Easy to Show up in Google Results. I am hoping they continue to grow their buyer base!

janeb51
4/23/15

Heard mixed things about Bonanza so though I'd give the site a try myself. Got stuck in the set up process - they ask for you to list an item first, and THEN set up your account. But turns out that they need your paypal info (fair), AND a credit card, before you even sold anything. So when they say listing is free it's not, really. And you have no idea how they handle your credit card info. Like many of the people before me in the reviews below, the credit card authorisation doesn't work and no account is set up. So you're in limbo having "listed" an item but having no valid username and account!

As a tech savvy newbie getting so much trouble to just set up an account, I'd say avoid.

jasonl69
4/18/15

I tried to register for this site, mainly because ebay and paypal are a joke, however when I tried to add my credit card to the site so that I could sell, the website didn't accept it and it forced a lock on my card, resulting in having to deal with security from my bank to remove it. This happened twice. I e-mailed support for help, they said that they can't enter it manually since they have no way to contact them other than e-mail. After reading all the auto-replies about how they have a great rating with the BBB, their support is useless. I would much rather use a routing number/account number off a check than my card, but that isn't an option as well. Disappointing, to say the least.

sd131
4/17/15

of having listings i made 1 sale but I instantly refunded them because bonanza failed to keep my listings updated with ebay as promised.
I request a cancellation of the fees within 10 minutes of the sale/refund.
a day later they come back to be saying they have accepted my request. I think great and then i see that they took $50 from my bank account and gave me $50 credit that can only be used to pay seller fees. Seriously they should have just evened out the charge. I did not authorization the withdrawal and i cannot find anything in their t&c about charging my bank card, needless to say I have opened up a dispute with my bank and took my booth down.
There is absolutely noway to remove my bank card info from their website either.
P.S i thought it was cheaper than ebay but in actual fact they charged me more than ebay would have.

Tip for consumers: dont trust imports from ebay

larryr30
4/17/15

another non genuine license

debd10
4/12/15

Seller who used Bonanza website took my money and ran no refund no item

kibk
4/1/15

Mark D is a guard dog $#*! sent from Mr. Bonanza

koreans eat dogs i wanna eat mark d

cuz I cant trust to buy my Air Jordan

doinai
3/30/15

I paid for an item and I never got a shipping confirmation or any other details about my transaction. Didn't get what I paid for either...The seller doesn't answer to my emails and the buyers, on this website, CANNOT CANCEL their transactions. It is stupid, nothing like Amazon or Ebay: NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Tip for consumers: my tip: stay away from it!

clenta
3/30/15

They will look real at first after 2mo. will deactivate call the messaged sellers and Bonanza was out money FAKE windows beware they say to much time has passed to do anything.

Tip for consumers: Fake Items DONT buy from them or you will be scamed they say time has expired to do anything that bs!

dm143
3/28/15

I went thru the entire process to open up a booth, "FREE TO SELL", up until the last page, after they have my eBay user and pass, my credit card number, my phone number, everything, THEN they tell you that you need to PAY to have a booth (basically an eBay store).
WHAT A SCAM, at least Ebay lets you know up front that they will be bending you over. I can't wait for their copy and paste response to me.... which proves they could care less than even eBay does, which is truly sad.
"Bonanza has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau and actively monitors and assists all inbound queries that are submitted via the Better Business Bureau. If you can please direct your inquiry via the BBB we will do everything we can to assist."

Tip for consumers: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

macg11
3/28/15

Ordered twicw. Both times the companies attempted to rip me off. contact Bonanza was an endless run around

garys84
3/28/15

Was put on probation by bonanza because I had essentially gotten three negative ratings. The three were bogus and I wanted to discuss this with bonanza. I used their contact form and the only response that I got was an irrelevant form letter. When you contact bonanza you are required to categorize your inquiry. That allows them to know which form letter to send you. If you think I am kidding just look at the response that they have posted on each review on this site. It is the exact same form letter.

Tip for consumers: If there is no way to talk to a representative of the site you are interested in choose a different site; there are plenty of them out there. I have been with bonanza for a long time and I no longer see any value with continuing a one sided relationship.

janea27
3/27/15

Wow what a mess, I tried to open a store... had some error codes and then finally got to uploading and then it stopped with warning that Bonanza must review items but there were no items because it didn't complete uploading. Now error messages again and I can't even log in.... I have sent 10 emails in 3 days and no reply whatsoever, the sight aid my shop would be reviewed with 24 hours...NOT. I would receive an email reply in 8 hours (NOT) They took my money fast enough without any issues and now I'm out $$ and 3 days. HORRIBLE!

Tip for consumers: Don't bother it's not worth it!! I am an ebay powerseller, top rated seller, I also am on etsy and if you are there too stay there don't do bonanza! There is no support, to many bugs, and problems with uploads.

florencew9
3/27/15

I set up items on Bonanza and then ported them to eBay. The interface caused my calculated shipping options to show up in all my eBay listings as free shipping and free expedited shipping. I asked for support - there is no phone or direct option, you fill in a form and wait. Other than the autoreply saying they got my request, no response. After a week, a new autoreply saying was I happy now? New bug report. New autoreply.
After more than six weeks, still nada.
I gave up on them and filled out the online form to close my account. Nothing, not even an autoreply. Did it again, still nothing. Went to the site and found my booth and webstore still active. Closed it again, again no response.

Filed a complaint with the BBB for Seattle. They assured the BBB that a) they make no promises about support response time (not true) and b)_my account has been closed. Still no direct communication with them about closing my account.

Epilogue: Today I got a new email asking if I was satisfied with their response to my support request. There has still been no response. Good grief. Skip them. If they survive a few years (questionable) perhaps they will put business processes in place.

Tip for consumers: I wanted so much to like them! They SAY all the right things. But they don't do for sellers. Sorry, but list your stuff somewhere else.

36 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Bonanza staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I want to sell on Bonanza. I am aware that they charge less % on sales than ebay do. My question is : Is there a monthly fee to sell in Bonanza? Please advise.
7/10/13
Answer
tinat20
A: There is only a monthly fee if you have a store. I dont - I just list when and what I have.
5/24/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: I wonder why the so-called come-back coupons aren't available to all the sellers. Don't you guys want the repeat buyers? I planned on contacting some of my eBay buyers and issue them a discount, but alas, can't do this unless I pay a monthly fee. IMO this should be enabled on the invoice notwithstanding the monthly fee.
1/19/15
Answer
5/24/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Bonanza staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

5 Photos for Bonanza