US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

monas8

All transactions are easy and customer service is helpful. (in 9 reviews)

brittanys3

As a seller I don't feel as though they are against me. (in 54 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

dennish33
11/25/14

I love the Bonanza site even though sales are not as good as on ebay. I did notice and increase in Bonanza traffic once I started adding to my description that this article can be purchased for a lot less on my Bonanza site and then I would give my Bonanza id.

Tip for consumers: If you are selling on ebay just add to your description that the item is available on Bonanza for a lesser price and put in your bonanza id. It will definitely increase hits to your Bonanza selling site

honeynearthj
11/20/14

Gosh very stupid and unprofessional site just missed one payment of $3 I Mean $3 and they just blocked my whole account with any intimation of any kind. Contacted the customer to resolve the issue but no use just no way to get things going I mean zero tolerance attitude for an online shopping site not happy worst policy..

Tip for consumers: Don't ever be a seller on this site total waste of time one small mistake all your home work GONE literally..

dank40
11/19/14

I really enjoy this site. We buy and sell on here all the time. If for some strange reason you dont get your item, no big deal as all you have to do is contact Paypal or your credit card company and you get all your money refunded. No big deal and problem solved. Yes you do come across what we call a dead beat seller no matter were you shop including Ebay. But that's why Bonanza accepts Paypal and you get tracking information emailed to you. From what im seeing on these other feedback ratings is just a bunch of uninformed people that that are just not happy in life and have been kicked off of Ebay so there searching other places to disrupt. Either way i really enjoy Bonanza and there growing like wildfire now. Thanks for doing such a Great Job Bonanza :) 5 Stars *****

Tip for consumers: Make your purchase and pay for it with a credit card or Paypal. Then ask the seller to forward you the tracking #. Then enjoy your product in a few days.

williama30
11/18/14

This is the best eCommerce site online. The interface is one of the most simple sites to use and their support is second to none. Highly recommend this site.

victorial16
11/15/14

I'm reporting the Company and I used to like it from a seller standpoint. I apparently had a less than $5 user bill and had medical issue. I was unable to even get online. Once I got back, I saw the bill and tried to login. They suspended the account and no email as to why, no email that they were going to do that, just plain nothing. I email support trying to pay them because I'm supposed to pay but no way I can pay! I was a member when they first started where half the features I suppose now weren't available back then. I get an email over the weekend saying it'll be $25.00 and some paypal address to send it to...I was livid. I explained my situation and they didn't even care. I told them you all didn't tell me anything and I get nasty messages. All I want to do is pay the $4.21. They just keep sending me a paypal address. I will be reporting them for their practices. I still want to pay the bill but I'm not paying an extra $25.00 for something I couldn't control. I could honestly even understand if I was ever late on a payment, completely, but this is just plain ridiculous.

Tip for consumers: Setup automatic and nothing else or beware

vala19
11/12/14

Ugh...I wish I had read the reviews first.
Add me to the list of people finding out too late that it's a scam marketplace.
I even Googled my seller after the fact and he is all over the internet, involved in online schemes and not even in the USA as I had thought.
Service is useless.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE!!!

luanneb
11/11/14

This company is terrible. I was charged but never received the product. I left messages, phone and email and have had no response. I am now going to my credit card company and paypal to see if they can help me. The company Triton Media has been taken off the Bonanza site. Looks like I'm out 112.00.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site!

jens226
10/30/14

Don't waste your time with these sleazy low lives! I purchased a necklace that I never received, plus I never got my money back either! Customer service is pure garbage! They give you zero help & truly do not give a rat's ass about their customers. They basically told me to "$#*! OFF" via email. Aren't they awesome??? So I say to bonanza, I HOPE YOUR COMPANY FAILS & GOES OUT OF BUSINESS, YOU DIRTY, TRASHY PIGS FROM THE TWENTIETH LAYER OF HELL!!

Tip for consumers: Here's a tip, STOP SCREWING PEOPLE OUTTA THEIR MONEY BONANZA!!!

becksw
10/26/14

Worst business online that I have ever dealt with. They never helped me with an unprofessional and non responsive seller who never did give me confirmation or delivery status. I tried contacting the seller (ceoparent...beware of this worthless seller) many times but only got one apology email that did not help. I waited 10 days and finally knew that this was a scam. I contacted Bonanza several times during this horrible ordeal, but they continued to send me emails with the same links and answers that did not comply with my questions. I even told Bonanza I was canceling and then sent me the same emails before. They also told me to contact the seller......HELLO!!!! The seller does not respond!! I contacted Discover and they are taking care of the transaction so these sick people don't get my money. This was so ridiculous...over a stupid storage cabinet. I give Bonanza and copartner seller -1,000 stars. Beware of this site!!!

carolp31
10/22/14

Stay away!!! You are not dealing with a company! You are dealing with individuals who sell on this site! I ordered an iphone from someone with the ID of Zman2017. I paid upfront close to $200 and was assured I'd receive the phone w/i 10 days. It's now over 3 weeks! Every communication from him was some stupid excuse about his printer not working or the post office hadn't processed it yet. I asked for a refund and heard nothing from him so I filed a complaint with pay pal and informed him that I was doing that. He finally responded by telling me that (and I quote) he didn't like the way I was taking the delay and then proceeded to tell me that my phone was delayed because his truck broke down. Was he driving the phone to me??????? Unreal! FRAUD - pure, unadulterated FRAUD. BEWARE! Stick with Amazon or Walmart.com.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!

markb154
10/18/14

They are FRIGHTENING. I ordered something, the seller already sold it on ebay. I sent many e-mails to bonanza, they sent me form letters. No item, no refund. I finally contacted the seller through EBAY who gave me a refund. Bonzana couldn't tell me it was sold, give me a tracking number, get me a return, or even log me in.

Tip for consumers: Don't use them.

fg26
10/18/14

I've had a booth since 2010 and have sold over 300 items. Certainly not the volume that I do on eBay but the fees are significantly less and I haven't had any issues as a seller or buyer. Like the new direct pay option and shipping label, although not the .95 fee for the label. Their customer service has always been prompt and as helpful as they can be given their limitations just like eBay customer serv agents can only do so much. If you are an honest buyer and/or seller, shouldn't have any problems. Just like eBay, check feedback before buying. The import is easy, listing an item is easy as well. It seems like there is more traffic these days. I would recommend, it's no cost to have a booth.

Tip for consumers: Just be patient for sales.

nancyl44
10/11/14

I have been selling on Bonanza for over a year. Although my sales have not been as consistent as ebay, I like that you can rank on Google shopping with your Bonanza listings. Plus with them partnering with the other marketplaces ex. Nexttag that gives you even more exposure that is if you are willing to pay the higher commission. I also like the Yahoo analytics it gives me great insight to where my buyers are. Bonanza is a work in progress, you have to be patient and work on it a little bit each day. For free there is a lot of value use it to your advantage.
Nancy

christined14
10/1/14

My first dealing with this site, will ultimately be my last. Wish I would have read the reviews before I went on to purchase. The company I dealt with was to send 100ct bottle and only sent 30ct bottle. Normally I would think this is just an honest mistake BUT after reviewing my order I noticed the tag line did not indicate the amount of the bottle count. So before even placing my order I sent the seller a message (THROUGH BONANZA) Making sure it was in fact the 100ct bottle that was for sale. Was assured it so went ahead and purchased. What I do I get in the mail? 30ct bottle. I immediately put in a dispute with Bonanza and waited. Nothing after 5 days so I put in a dispute with Paypal. 30 days after my sale Bonanza finally sends me an email telling me, to contact PAYPAL for resolution. They never even offered to help and it is their company. USER BEWARE! The sellers on this site must know they will not be harmed for duping customers so why not do it.

Tip for consumers: Don't Use Bonanza "."

chrisb138
9/25/14

OK now I'm scared....73 reviews and over 75% (that's just a quick eyeball count) are bad ...I mean BAD REVIEWS..Been very leery of going on with Bonanza...thats what lead me here...What buzz Kill....Lessoned Learn: Business 101- do some general research on who your about to do business with....Surprises after the fact can cost you a loss in dignity, by making a very big Preventable Mistake and Then there is the obvious. Overall financial looses that when you include the most important asset " Time investment "Calculated together your total net loses could be in the 100's of dollars
Well here is mine Bonanza heart break......I have 108 items listed. All done individually....Doing so a little over a 1 month time period..I'm at full max (paying 16%) PER SALE. 16% for using there "advertisement " affiliate search engine network.. Then I signed up for there $25 per month 2nd tier of 5 total Pro upgrades. The highest level cost $200 OR $300 per Month,,,,So on top of me already maxing out their advertisement networks, my $25 upgrade is supposed to boost up my "BOOTH" recognition and bring more sales somehow...Bull$#*!...Have sold ONE (1) item- a John Deere Christmas Stocking for $11.99...LOL...Plus I get daily persuasions to sign up for their 3rd tier by them posting stats like, if you where in the "Platinum' tier you would have had an 185% better chance of a sale!!!......Anyway,,going to get sick if I keep writing. Its hard to fool me...welll I certainly got fooled!!! ....l at least have a nice audit list inventory on a flash drive now...this will make listing elsewhere easier...One reminder...it is 100% free to list on Bonanza and there lowest fee is 3.5%....wonder what they do for 3.5...yell your user name out the office window?

louisah1
9/20/14

I am new to this site, EBay was my preference and so far still might be as I can find my way good on eBay,it was just things got spoiled on eBay by the fees being to high,I am now on bonanza also ' still on eBay too' but I can't get my second item in the selling section,I feel a bit lost and wish it would guide me through,but I don't even see prompts or someone to chat to...however i will persevere, personally I think it this site is going to be mega...if I could only get my items listed. :)

Tip for consumers: Go for it and hope you find your way better than me :)

inesc
9/15/14

Better rates than ebay. Ty bonanza. Plus I saw it was chosen as 2014 number 1 merchant when ebay is number 3. That's the best news ever. Ebay charges way too much and now they are noticing it...

syevee
9/9/14

DON'T waste your time as a seller -- after 2 weeks, 20 products have gotten THREE views - tghat's VIEWS, not sales. meanwhile 2 other sites I've joined have gotten HUJNDREDS of views in the same period

if that's not enough, customer 'service' is horrible -- they blame the seller, claiming 'millions' of views ad telling me I need to list a hundred items to start to get views! then they have the cojones to tell me I don't get views because I'm not promoting my booth! I've set the advertising levels to the maximum and these have generated ZERO views! the actual views have come from elsewhere.

they promise 3 or 5 times the views if you join & pay $20 or more per month -- but 5 times ZERO is still zero so skip this loser and find another place to sell!

I've sold on ebay since 1999 and have 17,000 positive feedback there - looking for an outlet that didn't give as many hassles as ebay, but this sure ain't it!

steve

Tip for consumers: don't bother

annt16
9/5/14

Ditto John H....This is a mini-ebay without any legitimacy. I received the wrong Item, have not heard from seller and now Bonanza has removed them from site for fraudulent practices. Unfortunately, Bonanza immediately refered me to paypal to get my refund. They essentially put frauds on their site who set low prices, take your money, and then Bonanza forces paypal and amazon to fix their problems. LAME business model; cheats. Steer clear.

jeffc53
9/2/14

BONANZA - PROBLEMS, BE WARNED - OR BE BUGGERED !!!
As a seller with some years of experience with several REPUTABLE web sites I chastise
myself for not doing enough background checks on this INCOMPETENT DISORGANIZATION
before giving them money.
Despite many requests for assistance over several weeks to solve my inability to access my a/c, without any meaningful or effective solution, and later, because I cant enter my a/c my request to DELETE all of my a/c's has been ignored
BUT THEY OR HE are still taking my MONEY for an a/c I cant use

patrician13
8/18/14

I OPENED THIS BOOTH 10 DAYS AGO AND HAVE FOLLOWED ALL INSTRUCTIONS, I HAVE HAD OVER 250 VIEWS OF ITEMS, BUT AS YET NO BUYERS. IT IS MUCH EASIER THAN EBAY TO LIST AND DOWNLOAD PICTURES OF ITEMS, BUT I DO FEEL THAT BUYERS MUST NOT BE TAKING THE SITE SERIOUSLY.. MY PRICES ARE LOWER WITH FREE SHIPPING FOR EVERYTHING THAN THEY WERE AT EBAY BUT STILL NO BUYERS, I AM CONCERNED HOW PAYPAL BUYER PROTECTION WORKS AND HOPE THAT IT IS SUFFICIENT FOR BUYERS TO TRUST MY SITE, IF NOT IT EXPLAINS THE LACK OF SALES. I HAVE ALSO PROMISED REFUNDS FOR GOOD REASONS, PERHAPS BONANZA SHOULD FOLLOW UP WITH BUYERS FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, AND WITH SELLERS ALSO, AS A SELLER I AM ALWAYS DILIGENT IN MAILING ITEMS IMMEDIATELY, BUT NOT GIVEN A CHANCE.AS OF YET.

Tip for consumers: TRY TO CONVINCE BUYERS YOU ARE A LEGITIMATE SELLER AND WILL MAIL ITEMS AS PROMISED AND OFFER REFUNDS

modc
8/1/14

Beware...A lot of fraud going on with this site...User Lattigr is using my ebay pics to sell their Louis Vuitton bag with a different date code. Avoid at all cost!

marks178
7/12/14

So far, so good. This is a young site is still in its "growing" stage and trying to get established. I sold on eBay for years and got tired of paying their outrageous 10% fees on EVERYTHING I sold. Plus eBay's customer support is a joke. A bunch of 3rd world country, barley speaking English, idiots. I feel this site is going to be a HUGE success, just wait and see.
Sincerely,
recovering_addict

steveu4
7/3/14

I never sold much. I had many items and I would sell in a year what I would sell in two weeks on Amazon. I was removed because I filed a complaint with the BBB that Bonanza reimbursed me. They charge you for items that a buyer never pays for. The scam works like this...you need to approve a pending sale. The buyer never pays or responds to any email. If you don't notice it. Bonanza charges your credit card and that is that. Prior to that I found their customer support decent and I thought I was dealing with people.

I sold less then ten items in 2 years.The fact that I was able to transfer my items from Ebay made it fairly effortless.

johnh238
7/3/14

This is a mini-ebay without any legitimacy. I ordered a tent and it never arrived. The seller never returned my attempts to contact her. Yet she took my $70. Unfortunately, Bonanza immediately refers you to paypal or amazon to get your refund. They essentially put frauds on their site who set low prices, take your money, and then Bonanza forces paypal and amazon to fix their problems. LAME business model; cheats. Steer clear.

judif
7/3/14

If I could rate this site a 0 I would. I purchased a rolling bag June 3, 2014 and have yet to receive it. My paypal account has paid the seller and yet I still have no bag after contacting Emily Hubbard (the seller) 3 times...her reply "the bag is on the way" similar to "the checks in the mail" HAH!
NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING ON THIS SITE!!! I just lost $50.00!!
Judi

monas8
6/17/14

We are happy with Bonanza web site as a seller so far.
All transactions are easy and customer service is helpful.
Even we do not sell much on this site but a new source for us to expand business.
Thank you BONANZA!

jenr12
6/13/14

I bought a present for someone online. I'm usually really leery of making purchases on the web. I accidentally gave the seller the wrong email address to confirm my order, I was kind of concerned when I hadn't seen an email come through. Contacted Bonanza right away I received an email back. Constantly In communication with me, help me resolve my issue. I would most certainly recommend and use them again.

deeh22
6/13/14

I love my Bonanza! It's a smart and fun place to shop without any hassles. It's easy to open up a store booth and list your wares, and download your photo's. There are no hidden charges such as eBay always seem to have with their constant changes in wanting to improve at the sellers expense. With Bonanza, you don't get that. And each and every day there are new people joining where you can "welcome" them with a message. It's nice knowing that there are still a few kind and caring auction sites out there that don't take advantage of you and are quick to assist should you need their help. This is a young growing company that has a lot of potential to expand and reach out to those who are wanting to buy and sell in peace without the unnecessary drama stirred up that eBay seems to deliver. One gets tired of that nonsense. Bonanza displays a home-bodied atmosphere where trust and integrity comes first. And they really do care and value their sellers and buyers. "This is the type of company that I would love to work for." My ten-star review!

barbaram39
6/10/14

I love shopping on Bonanza..I have never had any issue with receiving any of my purchases..Thank you for being there Bonanza!

minio
6/9/14

I have been a seller on Bonanza for 5 years. Maybe the sales are not as high as eBay, but then there is no insert Fees. YEAH. And I can use this site to keep track of my items which is easier than eBay which is a pain! I wake every morning and collect my Bonanza TOKENS to use for selling fees. I love Bonanza and am sorry others have had trouble. Please don't let a few people influence you from trying Bonanza.

fd33
6/9/14

I never write reviews, but this site is TERRIBLE! Complete waste of time and money. Seller scammed me out of iPhone case, no response from Bonanza, and way seller setup delivery time made transaction dispute with Paypal not possible. People that run and own sites like this with no accountability are scum.

amilaj
6/9/14

I understand some sellers and some customers have bad experiences with Bonanza. So i thought I should share my experience with them. I have been selling online for over 5 years on eBay, Amazon and my own webstore. I was looking for other platforms to sell and I decided to try this site as it won't cost me anything to list my items. Surprisingly I sold my first item in a few days after opening my store. I really like the appearance of the webpages (simple). Really like how they can pull all my eBay listings to Bonanza saving my time (for re-listing them again). It is a great how Bonanza use your eBay feedbacks, so customers can have a better idea about the sellers. I appreciate Bonanza taking their time to send sellers information such as advertising tips etc.(somehow when I tried to link my amazon account with Bonanza, it didn't work) Again thank you for the opportunity. www.a2znetstore.com and a2znetstore on eBay.

bobb595
5/29/14

Terrible site. Take no responsibility for sellers actions. Customer service is polite, but are worthless, just sending you a bunch of links that do nothing for you. Will never make the mistake of using this site again.

trues3
5/13/14

I purchased Iphone from them which never got delivered.
Have lot of fake sellers and bonanza does not bear any responsibility after setting up dispute.

Although I wasted my lot of time but my money got refunded, Thanks to Paypal

michaelb149
5/6/14

This is an AWFUL business, with VERY bad business practices. I wish I could have selected ZERO stars!

They appear to allow Sellers on their website to improperly enhance what might otherwise be a bad feedback rating, by selectively importing feedback from other websites.

On top of this, Bonanza.com doesn't appear to really care about what their sellers really do, or how good or bad they really are. They basically tell you to go to the payment source, and don't seem to even attempt to contact the sellers who lists items on their website.

Here's what I wrote to them (Bonanza.com employee name blocked out) via their website on May 6, 2014:

Hello XXXX,

I spoke with PayPal Resolution Center today, and they advised that the 10-day waiting period started April 30, when I opened the dispute. This 10-day period is up this coming Saturday, after which they’ll be providing a refund to me.

Apparently this same seller had not delivered to another person who ordered through your website, and there are only 4 feedback comments for sales on Bonanza.com. 2 of which are negative, including mine, for item never received. One is neutral, and one positive. However, when you look at the overall feedback for this seller, it says a high percentage of 88.9% positive feedback on your website, strictly based on what seems to be selectively imported feedback from an external source.

Please explain to me how a person with only one out of four transactions on your website can have such a high rating? It should appear to someone within Bonanza.com that this practice of allowing people to import outside feedback to what can only be seen as falsely representing to your website buyers that they are indeed trustworthy. Especially when your own website transaction feedback says otherwise.

I don’t feel I can trust Bonanza.com any more, and anticipate filing online reports to warn others about this, until and unless this practice by Bonanza.com is changed to improve factual representations.

perkp
4/14/14

HAHA this company doesn't spend any money on advertising and charges 16 % final value...isn't it insane?

Well, I agree with most people, this site is dead and no sales. It doesn't matter if you have 10 or 10,000 items for sale, there are not sales because this company Bonanza doesn't do any advertising. You suggest them that and they will send you to hell.

I made some sales because I was paying yahoo $19.99 per month and they would bring me sales. Nobody knows anything about Bonanza. I made $100 on sales on one month and spent weeks listing items. This site is run by a mediocre programer and maybe low life engineers since they can't fix anything.

The President or CEO MARK is a THEFT.Bonanza will charge your card whenever they feel like, no invoices or payment reminders are sent , when you realize they've charged your debit or credit card . I refused to pay $50 for a joke "Membership" and I asked them not to charge me anymore. They still charged me and when I complained that THEFT Mark suspended my account. That guy will try just anything to steal people's money, what a moron. They will suspend any "booth" for just $0.50

I know many people are looking for other selling alternatives but Bonanza just doesn't work. I thought all reviewers were wrong until I tried Bonanza and they were all right, DEAD SITE AND NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Go ahead and open a booth if you want to waste time and give away your money.

LAME COMPANY!!!

colleenr4
4/9/14

We are power sellers on ebay, moved our 3000 items over to Bonanza last week. 6 sales so far (in 3 days). We of course are not doing near the volume we do on ebay, but we are very excited for another outlet to sell our items. The site is young, as was ebay when we started with them many, many years ago...
Please read the reviews with a grain of salt. To the seller who complained about a bad buyer... why in the heck are you selling empty boxes? You get out of it what you put into it.

mikem161
3/13/14

Don't waste your time. We listed a large variety of items and at 10% lower prices then ebay and added free shipping. Very few sales. Total waste of time. Bonanza doesn't spend any $ advertising their site. 9 out of 10 people we asked had ever heard of it.

shirleym32
3/7/14

Do not sell on this site. We are Ebay power sellers and we sell on Etsy. We opened a store in 2010 on Bonanza. Recently we sold an item on Bonanza. The buyer did not read the description and was not happy her item was mostly empty although it said mostly empty in the description. We explained to the buyer that they purchased an empty tin and asked them to go back and read the description. The buyer came back with very offensive language using the "F" word among other chice words. We sent a message to customer service and got this message. We are sorry you had a bad experience maybe the person had a bad day we will watch them. This was not okay so we closed our Bonanza store.

lauras41
2/10/14

UPDATE: got confirmation my item had shipped the very next day, seller immediately gave tracking info on request, item received within a week in perfect condition. Very pleased.

Most of the negative reviews are focused on seller actions- you should be writing that on the sellers page so people know not to buy from them. Only buy from sellers with five stars, four if you check what the reviews say.
As a buyer, site seems fine. I found a pair of shoes easily that I couldn't find anywhere else. Bought from a five star seller, reviewed 28 times.
Will update when receive item.

As for the automatic account, it makes sense to me that you are required to so that you are available to be contacted by the seller.

Paid with paypal, didn't even have my card with me. Convenient.

xsellerb
2/4/14

they rip sellers off, triple charging your credit card, they tell buyers to file instant disputes, and when you have a problem their support will deliberately lie to your face. That guy marc is a scum bag!

idsaki
2/3/14

I bought iPhone case of Coach. The product was COMPLETELY fake. Seller was so unhonest (most of sellers are so unprofessional regular people.) Then the site doesn't really helped me to get refund back. I just left my honest review with 1 star. Don't buy anything if not sure!!! I don't suggest.

lauriep6
2/2/14

I recently made a purchase from Bonanza and had no trouble at all. Merchandise was shipped as stated and in good condition. The site is user friendly. I believe it is the sellers that make each sales experience good or bad. I would recommend this site to others. Thank you

dens2
1/18/14

On Bonanza deceive the buyer. Do not buy on this website. I have a lot of bad experiences. Buyer run from Bonanza.

stephenandpatriciac
1/15/14

Don't waste your time is right.. I was a seller on Bonanzle / Bonanza - mostly Bonanza folks sell to each other! Via forum games and other nonsensical methods. Difficult to use, unstable platform, "programmers" don't have a clue how to fix what they break. NO BACKUP... only "hot fixes" for patching what should have worked properly in the first place. This site is a joke. If you are a serious seller... sorry but Feebay and Amazon are the only legit methods to make a living / actual $$ selling your items. To counter the fees, you have to take them into consideration in your pricing and shipping etc..
Bonanza management is immature and unreasonable.

paull60
1/5/14

I have ben buying and selling on Bonanza since 2009. I have no complaints at all. Easier than eBay. No outrageous fees like eBay or Amazon.

bethd8
1/5/14

I've been listing merchandise on Bonanza for a long time - Back when they first began. I have a few sales now and then - Not many.... All without a problem...Except for ONE where it was a clear case of buyer's remorse. The customer opened a claim with Bonanza (Item not as described). The customer never contacted me directly. Of course the item was described exactly as it was...It was a new item. Instead of letting me handle MY OWN customer - I was made to communicate with the customer while being watched and coached in what to say. I was advised to offer a refund OR they would tell the customer to go through Paypal and issue a charge back!
They insisted on seeing all of the email exchanged between myself and MY customer. I was going to refund anyway....Even though there was no good reason except for buyer's remorse. I've been in retail for OVER 30 YEARS. I don't need a coach to suggest what to say to a customer. Or a threat to help the customer issue a charge back via Paypal. What kind of place is this? They're NOT on the side of the seller. I felt bullied into giving the refund. I had a babysitter (A Bonanza customer svc rep) watching the email exchange between myself and my customer. The whole experience was HUMILIATING.

Bonanza is a marketplace that is not known, not advertised and not busy. You'd think they would want to hold onto their long time sellers and treat them with respect. I'm sorry to say that is not the case. I've heard from other sellers who have been treated the same way - Some have been suspended for not handling the situation the way the "bully" had wanted them to.

Bonanza - Not a good way to treat your customers / THE SELLERS.

pickerd
12/15/13

This site is a joke! Can not register . Keep getting there whoops error when trying to activate my account. An can not get back in to contact support. I thought there could never be a auction worse than ePier but this $#*! hole is the worst

testert1
11/24/13

I abhor services that create accounts for you without your knowing it, and then make you contact their support team to cancel. It is the worst kind of internet company. I told them so, and received this reply (my response is below it):

"""Thank you for emailing. I am so very sorry you have had trouble. That certainly is not the intention. I am not sure why you were "forced" to create an account because it is not necessary to have an account in order to make a purchase. I am truly sorry the account was created. I will message the techs that you ended up with an account.
I will be happy to cancel the account for you. But would like to mention that since a purchase has been made, consider waiting until the item arrives to you. Should contact with the seller need to be made for any reason, if the account is canceled, no messages can be sent through the Bonanza system.
Please let me know if you would like the account canceled now or to wait until the item is delivered to you. I will be happy to take care of this any way you like.
"""

Here is my reply:
"""A) your intro paragraph makes it sound like you are shocked "SHOCKED I TELL YOU" that someone inadvertently ended up with an account, which we both know is bs. you get emails like this all the time, and you damn well know it, so drop the charade. I can tell a template email when i see one. Especially the part about messaging the techs -- what exactly could you say to them? i _am_ a tech, and i know that you need to investigate what happened, how it happened, etc with the person who reported the problem in order for 'the techs' to have the first clue what the problem is. did you ask me? did you investigate how this could have happened? no. because you damn well know how it happened.

B) is your second paragraph meant to scare me? the initial email i received from bonanza included direct contact information for the seller, so i have messaged her directly in the unlikely event that you didnt provide her with my contact details and she needs to contact me. i obviously know how to contact her directly, because YOU SHOWED ME HOW. so yes, contact can easily be made with the seller, regardless of whether it can be made through the bonanza system, as you say. but you also could have just included that information in this email in case i didnt know about it, couldnt you, if you really were interested in helping out the customer? you had no intention of helping me. you, just like your system, are focused on trying to hinder me from canceling. again, i hate services like yours.

C) didnt comment on the part about being able to cancel the account myself on the website without having to contact support directly, did you? hmmm. somehow you managed to forget about that little detail. could it be because im right, and you dont have that option available? could it? huh? prove me wrong, and show me where on the website is a link for consumers in my predicament to delete the account without contacting support. yeah, thats what i thought.

cancel the damn account.