US Government's NSF

▼ Sort by: recent

larryj20
Apprentice Reviewer
5/16/14

I use this software to keep my home computers virus free. The fact that it works great and I don't have to pay for it earned them 5 stars. I tell everyone to use it. My work has even put the paid version on our office computers after my recommendation.

sherondah
4/23/14

Unobtrusive, amazingly fast hard drive scanner, not bloatware.

fredm33
3/18/14

Just purchased the top-of-the-line software package. Much more comprehensive than the 'free' download, which is now apparently much more limited than it was previously. So far I find this equal to, if not superior to Avast. A close friend had a few terrible viruses embedded in his 32.exe files, and Avast identified them but could not remove them. Avast did remove them, and found a few other issues that Avast had not even identified. This product has a long history of very good reviews as well.

davidb158
8/27/13

Solid antivirus software. Free version is pretty good, paid is good. There are a few good programs out there both free and paid, they are all on about the same level performance wise.

Bottom Line: If you need a good free antivirus program, this one is a good bet.

wan-yuw
5/29/13

For a free software they are a great service. They now offer a lot of features however I do not like the automatic installs of some of them.

dongy
3/5/13

AVG.com drives me crazy because they are always trying to sell you stuff or getting you to upgrade to a paid version. I decided I should use MalwareBytes or Avast instead. AVG, I love you, but you've disappointed me.

davids150
12/8/12

Great, free anti-virus program. Updates daily and does so without slowing down your system. No complaints.

kumarm
Veteran Reviewer
3/3/12

Absolutely great internet security packages which includes everythin that you would need as well. The price is half that of the competitors and the software is more reliable than my previous one. Ive just bought the basic package but it still includes all the protections.
One of the best customer services ever and they also provided me free upgrade version which I normally would have had to pay. I think its cool and most perfect package which is extremely reasonably priced as well.

maggies5
1/28/12

User friendly. Great support! Used their FREE edition for the last couple of years then checked out what their paid version was like in comparison. For me it comes down to their support being accessable 24/7. Good Value!

tn1
EXPERT
2/24/11

AVG is one of the first things I install when I set up computers for the classroom or for myself. Without needing to pay for programs like Norton or McAfee, AVG takes care of my computer's anti-virus needs. Installation is easy, the interface is self-explanatory / easy to use, and the program can actually get rid of those pesky Trojan horses. AVG recently put out their 2011 free edition, which CNET gives 4.5 out of 5 stars. Not bad for a free anti-virus program that rivals their costly counterparts.

frankc1
EXPERT
3/6/10

I have tried them ALL, and I must say that AVG is the best yet!

As a former McAfee and Norton Utilities user (for many years), my new AVG software has been outstanding. It actually has better live updating and even found an idle Trojan Horse that was on my main computer's hard drive that had been previously missed by my Norton software. AND it costs less per year than Norton!

The updates have been very intensive, with thousands of scumware, spyware and adware/malware programs being added constantly to the update database. I highly recommend this site and their products. Easy transaction too, and excellent customer service when I've needed it for questions and additional product inquiries.

NOTE: Remember, this is ANTI-VIRUS SECURITY software. If your computer is running slow, you will also need a Registry Cleaner. This is DIFFERENT, please see my review on www.CCleaner.com for FREE Registry Cleaning software that works great!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the AVG staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: i'm thinking of switching from AVG to Avast, which I heard (from user Chris O.) was better.
2/28/11
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the AVG staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?