US Government’s NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

carolinep14
3/1/16

What is the point in offering a 'free' antivirus program that isn't 'free', AVG also recently added 'ZEN' to their 'free' package. It's compulsory if you want the latest 'free' anti virus software and bombards you with even more price hiking lures/blackmail, literally every time you'd check your dashboard or anything come to think about it. A trial should be just that, a trial. When the 30 day period of using their merchandise is up that should be it finito. However they are like those annoying guests that won't leave house even though the party finished 3 hours previously. Boxes spring up "do you really want us to leave?" Er Yes that's why i clicked uninstall and as for ZEN this additional pat of the program takes it up to a whole knew level of 'single white female' refusing all the polite hints and shoves to vacate your computer and constantly reminds you that you actually don't know your own mind and it has to stay, since when did meditation become 'bunny boiling'? Perhaps I'm the only one it liked so much because I haven't read much else about ZEN but it could also be that people just paid the ransom demands for peace and quiet and are living happily ever after, all they say ignorance is bliss. It's a bit** to remove. Firstly it told me to uninstall the 'PC Tune up' so I did (well I was convinced I did in my madness) yet then every time I tried to finish the uninstall this box would pop up telling me it could not leave my system until I had removed PC tune up. That is when I really lost the plot and invited the madhatters Guruaid to the party. Aah s*** what an apocalypse (but that is another review you'll find listed somewhere among all the fake one's they've added to this site to give themselves such a high score). On the AVG site itself it admits there is no process to uninstall Zen and GuruAIDS confirmed the very same thing. My Dell desk top was f*****and I mean literally, perhaps by the mad hatter? the white rabbit kindly dug a deeper burrow come mortuary for the desk top. Thanks AVG, it's really sensible to create a program that cannot be uninstalled and there is a name for it, think it begins with T and has something to do with horses. They shoot horses don't they and this one needs it! .

billg45
12/15/15

It's an okay antivirus, however the scanning bogs down your computer a little, Overall though a nice piece of antivirus software for the price.

cliverm
6/13/15

I think I was taken out of context. My complaint is the software producers are hiding the auto renewal in a 28 to 42 page docs...I had to put a company web address in to post the comment.

I copy and paste agreements in to a ms word doc and do a find renewal, it helps to find the hidden clause...

larryj20
5/16/14

I use this software to keep my home computers virus free. The fact that it works great and I don't have to pay for it earned them 5 stars. I tell everyone to use it. My work has even put the paid version on our office computers after my recommendation.

sherondah
4/23/14

Unobtrusive, amazingly fast hard drive scanner, not bloatware.

fredm33
3/18/14

Just purchased the top-of-the-line software package. Much more comprehensive than the 'free' download, which is now apparently much more limited than it was previously. So far I find this equal to, if not superior to Avast. A close friend had a few terrible viruses embedded in his 32.exe files, and Avast identified them but could not remove them. Avast did remove them, and found a few other issues that Avast had not even identified. This product has a long history of very good reviews as well.

davidb158
8/27/13

Solid antivirus software. Free version is pretty good, paid is good. There are a few good programs out there both free and paid, they are all on about the same level performance wise.

Bottom Line: If you need a good free antivirus program, this one is a good bet.

wan-yuw
5/29/13

For a free software they are a great service. They now offer a lot of features however I do not like the automatic installs of some of them.

dongy
3/5/13

AVG.com drives me crazy because they are always trying to sell you stuff or getting you to upgrade to a paid version. I decided I should use MalwareBytes or Avast instead. AVG, I love you, but you've disappointed me.

davids150
12/8/12

Great, free anti-virus program. Updates daily and does so without slowing down your system. No complaints.

kumarm
3/3/12

Absolutely great internet security packages which includes everythin that you would need as well. The price is half that of the competitors and the software is more reliable than my previous one. Ive just bought the basic package but it still includes all the protections.
One of the best customer services ever and they also provided me free upgrade version which I normally would have had to pay. I think its cool and most perfect package which is extremely reasonably priced as well.

maggies5
1/28/12

User friendly. Great support! Used their FREE edition for the last couple of years then checked out what their paid version was like in comparison. For me it comes down to their support being accessable 24/7. Good Value!

tn1
1,545 helpful votes
2/24/11

AVG is one of the first things I install when I set up computers for the classroom or for myself. Without needing to pay for programs like Norton or McAfee, AVG takes care of my computer's anti-virus needs. Installation is easy, the interface is self-explanatory / easy to use, and the program can actually get rid of those pesky Trojan horses. AVG recently put out their 2011 free edition, which CNET gives 4.5 out of 5 stars. Not bad for a free anti-virus program that rivals their costly counterparts.

frankc1
3/6/10

I have tried them ALL, and I must say that AVG is the best yet!

As a former McAfee and Norton Utilities user (for many years), my new AVG software has been outstanding. It actually has better live updating and even found an idle Trojan Horse that was on my main computer's hard drive that had been previously missed by my Norton software. AND it costs less per year than Norton!

The updates have been very intensive, with thousands of scumware, spyware and adware/malware programs being added constantly to the update database. I highly recommend this site and their products. Easy transaction too, and excellent customer service when I've needed it for questions and additional product inquiries.

NOTE: Remember, this is ANTI-VIRUS SECURITY software. If your computer is running slow, you will also need a Registry Cleaner. This is DIFFERENT, please see my review on www.CCleaner.com for FREE Registry Cleaning software that works great!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the AVG staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2/28/11
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the AVG staff and other customers.

AVG?