US Government's NSF

Hemel Hempstead, HP2 4NW

88 Reviews for ASOS

▼ Sort by: recent

7/21/14

I'm from the USA and attempted to place an order on ASOS today. They are requesting a FULL COPY OF MY USA PASSPORT before they will process my order. Well that is not going to happen. I never would have placed an order in the first place had I seen these reviews.

7/14/14

I had been waiting for a dress and a belt for weeks. At first, Asos sent the wrong package, they sent me men's shoes. Then they send only half the correct items, the belt, to the wrong address (the billing address). Then someone tells me the other item will finally be shipped to me. Then someone else tells me the order is cancelled and will be refunded. ALL THIS TROUBLE AND NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT?! BECAUSE OF ASOS' CONTINUOUS STRING OF MISTAKES, THE ITEM I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR IS NOW UNAVAILABLE. This is the worst service and is UNACCEPTABLE!! I had never indicated that I didn't want the dress anymore. I always clicked "Replace" and not "Refund". In fact in every email, I had practically been begging for the dress. At this point, the customer service is ridiculous. Why is it so hard for someone to understand? I feel like Asos owes me a dress. I was supposed to have received this dress two weeks ago, should the continuous mix up never happened. Why isn't their customer service doing their job? I am so upset. Every day that I followed up, I got an email from a different employee with the wrong solution. I am now actively telling people not to order from Asos and I have a string of emails as proof! I am so upset with Asos! Their customer service has put me through over a week of a string of mistakes only to result in no dress because of their errors! I have a record of all of these emails, my requested actions, the continuously faulty results, and screenshots of this hellish retail experience. Just a refunded is not acceptable after I have been lied to for a week, being led to believe that the dress is on its way! People should be warned that their employees cannot seem to get anything right and they should be warned of this extended ordeal I've gone through, all because I wanted them to just send the whole order that I paid for weeks ago but no one could get it right. I am so pissed off and this isn't being taken seriously by Asos "customer service".

7/10/14

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED. I made my first purchase at Asos. The parcel arrived a week later than the expected date of arrival. Fine. I bought three items of the Asos brand. The materials were very poor quality and I was expecting much more considering the prices for these items. I also found a USED Kleenex in the pocket of my Asos jacket! $#*!ing gross. I will never shop at Asos again. $#*! overpriced USED clothes. Appalling.

7/5/14

Asos is terrible their products often look nothing like the pictures suggest. Their customer service is even worst. When they no longer care to help you with your problem they stop answering your emails.When you return the products you can spend up to a month without receiving an answer or a refund.They partially refunded my returned goods and I have since been trying to get them to refund the rest but they keep replying my emails with automated ones.They products may seem good but it becomes a struggle once you need answers. They are extremely disorganized .

6/19/14

the two only times i ordered something from asos....something went wrong. The first time they lost it in the mail...took me 2 weeks before i got reimbursed. The second time they delivered the wrong item...i had to send it back at my own expense (21$). They told me that because it was their mistake they would reimburse the shipping fees. I sent them the receipt to prove them how much it cost me. They never reimbursed me....when i tried to contact them they told me they never got anything.

5/30/14

so guys i just show you why this site is crap!i order one abuze t shirt and its just terrible! go to oficial abuze site http://www.abuzelondon.com/big-smoke-animal-white/ look this t shirt! and now look this on assos http://www.asos.com/Abuze-London/Abuze-London-T-Shirt-Big-Smoke/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2953299&cid=5232&Rf-400=13691&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=White !!!where is the authentic STAMP DOWN RIGHT? so i give 22 euros for fake and no authentic t shirt with terrible fabric ! sorry about my english i just want to say never again from this site its just garbage!!!

5/29/14

Great bag all around ASOS! It's not only cute, but it's really functional and made well too. I can't believe hostility and soft the leather feels! The strap is totally adjustable, just like a belt buckle, and there are several more pockets than I expected. I'm really impressed with this product....excellent quality at a very affordable price!

5/29/14

I was impressed. Good quality, exactly as picture, arrived before promised! Thank you asos.com 112379298

5/26/14

Eye cream's rich and hydrating, I use it at night and it really improves my dry lines. It might be a little bit too rich if using during the day, especially if you are going to wear makeup. Just make sure to use a very small amount as it goes a long way.

5/22/14

This company does not have a phone number to contact because of how many complaints they get about how HORRIBLE they are. DO NOT every think about ordering from this website. This is a honest customer review informing everyone this website is a SCAM. The customer service is absolutely terrifying and you should never expect a response to any of the questions you have asked. I have not received my order yet and by the looks of reviews I guess I never will so that $160 down the drain. I am also looking at reviews and discovering that the quality of the clothes looks nothing like the pictures. Keep in mind this company is a scam and lies about delivery dates. Keep your money and go to zara or a legit website and trust my word.

5/20/14

I purchased a hat though I wasn't sure if I even wanted one. I wasn't expecting much , I was pleasantly surprised that it looks great. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone.

5/19/14

i really like the idea of my dress, but the horizontal stripes were just too overwhelming on me. It would be prettier with fewer stripes at the bottom of the hem. Other than that, I loved it and the flowered pattern with the stripes is beautiful.

4/17/14

Highly recommend ordering elsewhere if you are ordering from Canada. Not only did I have to pay $100 in customs, but the sizing of the items that I ordered (all in the same size) were all grossly different. I had to send back the majority of the clothes for being too large or too small. I also did not receive part of my order, but received random items instead. Not only do I have to send back majority of my order, but I have to pay shipping, which they kindly reimburse, however I am still out $100 in customs that I will not get back. Customer service refuses to do anything for me. I made the purchases hoping I would get them in time for my trip to Mexico coming up next week, but after waiting 3 weeks for my items to arrive, the sizes are erratic and I have not received the items ordered. Absolutely ridiculous and I will never order from this company again. I order clothing online all the time, and I also order purses, make-up, shoes, and much more from other sites. I have never dealt with such awful customer service. IF YOUR SENDING ITEMS THAT ARE GOING TO TAKE A MONTH TO ARRIVE OVERSEAS, LETS TRY AND GET THEM RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!!

I'd like to mention as well, one of the items I did not order, I actually really liked.. and I sent and email explaining my situation (how I wanted the items for my trip).. I asked if they could simply charge me for the skirt they had accidentally sent me so that I could keep it. They refused, with absolutely no apology or other possible courses of action.

Very displeased customer.

4/10/14

wonderful website, I mean, really good, hi-tech and bril customer service. but sometimes those tech features do not properly work on my PC unfortunately

4/8/14

Despite the numerous customer reviews warning me that ASOS has a tendency to ship the wrong products to their customers, I took a chance with ASOS and ordered my first dress. Weeks later, I received the dress... in the WRONG size. I have reached out to ASOS' customer service through it's email servicing and through FB. They have responded that they will ship me a replacement dress and that I can return the oversized dress. I will revise this post and change the rating as soon as the replacement is received.

****
So, I've decided to change my 1 star to 4 stars because Asos' customer service replaced my dress, which arrived just a few days after the complaint was received and just on time for the big event that I had planned on wearing the dress to. Will probably buy from them again IF something great on their website catches my eye again.

3/28/14

Placed 2 orders, both undelivered

Waited a month on first order and asked for a refund. No explanation given.

2nd order now approaching a month. Wrote customer service on failed order, they said all they can offer is an apology. I was told to wait 2 weeks and if not there contact them back. That leaves a paying customer another month with nothing to show for.

Posted a warning to future consumers on their Facebook page which was taken down immediately.

No accountability on ASOS for delivering purchased goods, and definitely no one there making things right.

If you have a problem, contact them, leave a review, and follow up with the Trading Standards Institute (BBB equivalent in the UK). http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/index.cfm

3/17/14

ASOS is DECEPTIVE and MISLEADING!
I'm an international customer in Taiwan and I purchased from ASOS after hearing about their free shipping policy as well as many positive reviews on Youtube. I bought a fair of flats and a dress. The flats ended up looking a lot cheaper than I expected with warped toes, and the dress has a broken embellishment so I was looking to return them. But Customer Service has told me that there is no complimentary free shipping for international purchases. They would only reimburse half of the dress's shipping costs and none for the shoes.
I sent over screen shots of their landing and product pages emphasizing free shipping both ways.
You can see that it says Free Shipping Both Ways, even though it lists a foreign currency.
Customer Service keeps pointing me to the international returns page, which talks about refunds but doesn't mention shipping costs at all. That's very dishonest and I feel deliberately tricked! Even when you double-click on the free shipping link, it shoes the amount of dollars that express shipping costs but there's no asterisk for standard shipping, only for free express shipping.
It's fine if they don't do free international shipping returns, but I'm sure lots of international customers have been given the bait-and-switch! If there's something wrong with your messaging, as a company, you should honor it.
If you're not the from the UK or US, be warned!

3/15/14

I recently bought jeans from asos and I am very disappointed ! They don't look like the picture at all ! It was the second time I ordered from this site and the first time I ordered I was disappointed for the same reason but decided to give them another chance for the jeans ! What a mistake ! I don't recomend this site and I will not repurchase!

3/15/14

I have ordered 2 item with delivery before 1 PM on Saturday 15th March. I have received the tracking Number and the message from DPD courier that the parcel will be delivered before 10:50. I have tracked the delivery through the website and at 10:40 the driver was very close to my address. Then after 5 minutes appeared the following Message:

"Sorry, your parcel could not be delivered as your DPD driver could not find your address; we will update you here shortly"

So I have called the courier Customer Service on 11:05 AM and they said that the driver could not find the address and will be delivered on Monday

1. This courier always used to delivery from asos exactly the same address every fornight

2. Why after my phone call the driver did not come back in order to delivery the item ?

3. The driver has my phone number, if really could not find the addres, why did not contact me?

At this point, I assume that the Item has never been dispached and this is a proper scam between Asos and the courier.

Plus, Asos does not have a Customer service and they do not care after they have received your money. This is a shame due to I have spent 360 Pounds in less than 3 months

I will make sure that no one will use anymore this website, as they are not serious.

Also, everything that you see on asos.com you can find easily on amazon.com . Plus, they have a proper customer service and they make sure that you will receive your order in time, otherwise they are ready to help you!

3/13/14

Absolutely amazing site! I always come back to it! Such a huge variation o products, brands, lines, low prices, very good quality!

3/12/14

Quite annoyed with ASOS for the second time! Placed two orders on ASOS and FSession on the same day, and both promised quick delivery. ASOS took more than a week to get me the order, and then they wouldn’t answer any of my mails. FSession is new to me, though many others have recommended it time and again. This time, my experience with a fresh website has changed my opinion. FSession packaging is superb and they actually managed to accept request for one of the products of wrong size without any hanging me in between. Definitely recommending them for future!

3/4/14

Customer service is brilliant! Always help with everything and refund you if anything is faulty, My reason for not giving 5 stars is that a lot of the clothes i have ordered from here have being not the best quality, but I guess that is not Asos's fault and they were always happy to refund me! I would def recommend to others! :)

2/28/14

Reading some of the reviews is making me uneasy, but so far I've had a good experience with ASOS. I ordered a skirt, and it shipped from the UK to Australia in just over a week which I thought was pretty good, and on the same day my dress arrived which I ordered two days after the skirt. I'm new to online shopping, but the service seems pretty quick to me. I've read that some people have trouble with confirmations and tracking the order, but they always send me a confirmation email, an email that let's me know it's been shipped, and the tracking service works well. The sizing is also accurate on the item's I've got so far, and they fit well. I can't really make a comment on customer service though since I haven't had to deal with any issues yet. I haven't had a bad experience with ASOS yet, so I'll keep buying from them.

2/21/14

Terrible terrible shipping service, super long and nost trustworthy, they tell you one date and it takes forever they dont keep updated their webpage where you are supposed to traack it.... Will mot buy from them again

2/19/14

My only wish is that I have read those reviews before I spend my money on ASOS, here is my story:
I made my first purchase couple weeks ago for an order over $150 with a $25 off coupon. Turns out the pant ($53.71) won’t fit me, since they do not offer exchange in the US, I have to return it and make another purchase separately.

ASOS received my return merchandise but ONLY credit me $28.71 back because they auto-deducted the $25 coupon that I used for my first order even though it is technically an exchange, not a refund.

I decided to email the customer service at ASOS since there is no phone number you can call from US. After couple of days waiting, I contacted them via facebook. A rep emailed me back but insist there will be no refund on $25 because they do not offer exchanges outside the UK therefore all returns will be treated as refund MINUS the coupon if the new total does not qualify the original offer (even though my second replacement order actually is more than the first order without using any coupons).

IN SHORT, I LOST $25 FOR SOMETHING DOESN’T FIT ME RIGHT.

It’s an extremely unfair situation and bad business practice. They rather lose a forever customer than credit me back $25, no wonder they’ve earned so many bad reviews already.

Buyer Beware!

2/11/14

They does not delivers the goods that they sells. No tracking numbers, wrong items, no actions and the customer service is extremely bad. Uses 'template' answers to reply to complains. Refunds processing extremely difficult. Buy anything from them and you will regret doing so.

2/11/14

My fail-safe go-to site for really nice stuff and very cheap. Here's a little tip for everyone. Before you shop, do a google search for ASOS coupons. I usually find 20% off coupons, 30% sometimes if I'm lucky. Shipping is always free, but I've noticed lately that shipping became a bit slow. Definitely not a deal breaker though because you there's so much variety and the prices are unbeatable. Lovvvve Asos!

2/6/14

I am just going to review before I receive my items, because this is the worst service from a site I have ever experienced. My order took two days to process and then didn't ship until the next day, so now I have to wait even longer to receive it. They admit the problem is a technology error on their part, but I had to email them to get an update and get my order moving. Ridiculous. Get your site fixed!
Tracking website dosn't even say where my package is. Just says "In Transit"
Honestly now I will be surprised if the items I purchased will be of good quality after this. I was so excited to see cute maternity clothes at a very affordable price, but now I guess I will just pay the extra at Motherhood Maternity if it means my items will be shipped when ordered.
Never again and I will never recommend them to anybody.

2/3/14

Regardless of how great a deal you believe you're getting from asos, stay away.

I read the reviews warning me, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt because I believed I was getting a great deal.

I ordered an item and never received a confirmation email. I waited days and my account was never updated. I made numerous attempts to contact customer service (which is essentially non existent) but still no response.

I cancelled my order and plan on contacting my credit card company to ensure these people don't see a dime from me.

1/28/14

Good luck trying to return something to ASOS.

I paid for the ASOS premier service, which entitles me to a free returns collection for each order that I place. However whenever I order one they never show up, so I have to re-order and they charge me £2.95 each time.

Recently I re-ordered a collection service (at £2.95 despite the fact that it should have been free but it never arrived) only to be told at 2am that it has been cancelled because of maladministration. So I re-ordered it, however a courier arrived to pick up the cancelled order.

So far ASOS has scammed me out of £5.90 for services that should have been free to me, and I'm still waiting for a refund on items that should have been returned a week ago.

I highly recommend avoiding ASOS unless you're positive that the items will fit and you like them.

1/25/14

I ordered goverall coat 2 months ago never received it tried to contact customer service but even they never replied

1/20/14

nice website and huge selection, always great find on sale, but be ware of the size chart it is not correct these are European size and they are not converted well so you'll need to size up, the website can use some update as for the colors and items description that can be a great upgrade, shipping is fast but customer service not the greatest but not bad, they also process return so fast, as long as it free shipping and return there is really nothing more to say, right!?

1/18/14

They have a great selection of products and free shipping. However, be aware that if you return anything from your purchase and used a discount, they will adjust the refund amount based on the discount. In other words, make sure you want to keep the whole purchase because your discount isn't worth anything if you have to return an item.

1/15/14

I placed an order over two weeks ago. This was my first time ordering from ASOS. Once the order did not arrive on the date the tracking message said it would, I contacted customer service. They responded the next day and told me to wait an additional 4 days to see if the package would arrive. I did as told and when the package still did not arrive 4 days later, I contacted them again. They said the package had been lost (seems to be a common issue with them) and that they could either re-order it or refund my money. I told them if it could be rushed to me, I would like to still order it. However, they said this was not possible and it would still have to be shipped standard delivery, so they refunded my money.

It's certianly disappointing since I waited for so long and would rather have what I ordered. I'm a little shocked they refused to rush it to me, since I had waited for several weeks. First time trying them and I will not be making a second purchase from this website.

1/12/14

I ordered many things from this website, and never had any trouble. The items are really nice for the price paid, and the sizing seems right.
Once, my order did not arrive, and I emailed customer service. They answered me within one day, and refunded me on the spot when they realized the package had been lost.
Great website!

1/11/14

I recently purchased a dress from this company, that they apparently ran out of. Instead of letting me know they didn't have the dress in stock, they sent me a completely different, cheap dress and never refunded me the difference. DO NOT buy from this company. Very dishonest business practices.

1/10/14

Got a gift voucher as a present. Created an account with ASOS and successfully logged the gift voucher onto the account. Great £100. After the 50th SPAM item I got from them I put some great stuff in the cart and when I went to check out, the gift voucher has expired.

Customer service very efficient - tough luck mate, the voucher (which cost my relative real money) has expired (by less than a month) and can't be revalidated.

Will never use my account EVER! My fault, read the T+C, but they didn't give a toss.

1/5/14

asos.com is generally a good website, with a great range of clothing, to ship the items out they are usually fast and the delivery takes up to 2 weeks wich is totally ok since it is free :D

1/3/14

FANTASTIC!

The good:
> Great range with fantastic pricing
> Extremely fast postage from the UK
> Regular sales to save you even more $$
> Own 'home' brand which is great quality and decently priced
> FREE postage - did I mention FREE postage
> Accepts returns, although you have to pay return postage (around $7-$10)

The bad:
> Doesn't exchange on returns, only refunds - but with free shipping, why not order it again?
> Charges in GBP, meaning that you might be slugged with a foreign conversion fee by your card issuer

1/3/14

Great products, horrible customer service. I have been ordering from them for several years, I recently had an issue with an order being sent to a wrong address. When I contacted them, instead of assisting me with my issue they gave me a condescending useless response and directed me to their returns policy! I have been a loyal customer for the past 5 years and was shocked at the caliber of customer service from such a big company. I won't be ordering from them again.

12/29/13

Horrible customer service. Ordered off the asos.au site having heard good things about it. was so disappointed with the experience, will never order from them again.

The site wouldn't let me have the items delivered to my PO BOX, which for any shopper is just plain annoying. so i had to have it delivered to my house, but they wanted a signature, so they then proceeded to deliver the parcel on a weekday at 9am, normal people are not home on a weekday at 9am. So I had the option to pick the parcel up from there warehouse 2 hours drive away or have it delivered to the nearest post office box that they would deliver it to...which was near to where i was either

the clothes I ordered looked nothing like how they were displayed. the one dress that did look like how it was displayed was so poorly constructed that in between two layers of chiffon in the chest area was a huge string of over locking which was very noticeable when worn.

I returned the clothes which cost me. then they sent me an email saying I would get my money in 1 to 2 weeks. 1 month later still no refund, so I emailed them and they claimed to have sent it the money. to get my money back I had to send multiple threaten to go to an ombudsmen when they still refused to send my money back when I sent them a copy of my bank transactions of the time period they were claiming to have sent the money back to me in. only after all this I got all my money back....amazing what threats can do when it comes to the law

12/28/13

I ordered a dress using their size chart and even got confirmation from their team to use that size chart as a guide. Based on that I ordered the wrong size- it was way OFF( it was soo bug) I ordered a smaller size which fit. When I went to return the other dress, it almost cost the price of the dress so the Free return shipping is misleading. I emailed customer service and and I had to send another email to get a response. In the end they didn't nothing for me. I will never order from the site again. It's to much of a hassle and the sizes are messed up. I guess when you can't find a phone number on the site- that should be a red flag!!

12/22/13

I ordered a bunch of maternity clothes for the holidays twice.

The first time my clothes came in, they were all too large. I figured I had ordered the wrong sizes. The second time I reordered, and received the same too large sizes (two sizes larger than I had ordered). When they sent me my order, they put in the large sizes, but when I logged onto the site, I could see my original order that was the appropriate sizes. This is a scam. I'm sure they're trying to push the last of certain merchandise in outlier sizes, and are hoping customers don't notice. This is unacceptable and pretty much fraud. Won't be ordering from them ever again. Oh, and try to find a customer service phone number...good luck! I guess if they can't be reached, then there must not be any complaints, right?! Ridiculous!

12/19/13

Great products. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. I was condescended to. I was never able to talk with one sales rep. Instead I was bounced around to 8 different people VIA EMAIL. There is no line to call or direct email. The PROMO CODE the gave me never worked. They won't reimburse me for my inconvenience.

12/10/13

Asos to me is the best online store. Their products are superb, their delivery time is fast, coupled with free shipping. They also package their stuffs very well and neat. You can't help but love and buy from Asos.

12/5/13

legalized mugging,pay your money the item wont arrive and they go all coy and wont refund you. this crowd makes the bankers look honest.

12/4/13

WORST WEBSITE EVER! There clothes are terribly cheap and when i returned the items in the mail I NEVER GOT BACK MY MONEY! And there customer service is TERRIBLE! This has been 4 months of me trying to get my money back and wasting over $50 so far calling over seas... i just gave up!

12/2/13

I placed an order last evening successfully but 1 hour later, to my surprise, Asos email me stated that they unable to process my order and my order has been cancelled and to complete my future orders.I'll need to send them the following:

-A copy of your passport, ID card or driving licence.
-A copy of your payment card statement dated within the last three months, clearly showing your name and billing address. Please blank out your card number, but leave the last four digits visible.
-The delivery address and the name of the person who will sign for future orders. If this is a work address, please provide the company name.

I never meet such experience like this in other online shops before. It is really ridiculous.

I try to purchase once more last night and the status of my order until this morning is only "Received" , not "Order Processing". I try to ask Asos care so many times with no obvious answer.Finally, I cancel it and reorder the item for the third time!!
Guess what?? This time the status of my order still the same,only "Received" and after 3 hours, I got the same email from Asos stated that they unable to process my order and my order has been cancelled and to complete my future orders.I'll need to send them the following:

-A copy of your passport, ID card or driving licence.

This will be the last time I shop with Asos.
Never ever again I want to deal with such annoying online shop that cause nothing but inconvenience to its buyer.

12/2/13

Best clothing collection I have ever seen. They have so many quality clothes and every month I cannot help from buying something. They always send the order the next day and I receive it in less than 10 days intact. I also love when they send newsletter with promo codes.

12/2/13

I'm from Barbados and not a lot of countries ship here unless I ship it to a US mailing address or maybe use a courier. However with Asos, the shipping time is reasonable (2 weeks), there is no shipping charge, the quality is above average given that I buy the cheapest things that are on sale on the website. In order to get your size correct you may have to go through trial and error until you know what size fits you best. But all n all I gave the site 4 stars for its reliability, affordability on certain clothing and the selection is quite vast.

The Best Fashion Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber