US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

72 Reviews for AjRichies

▼ Sort by: recent

7/2/14

What a horrible experience talking to the people of this company ( AJRrichie.com), not only they are arrogant and rude, but they are MAKING FRAUD to costumers. Do NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, once you place an order they send you an email saying you have to call to confirm and then try to sell you expensive batteries or change the product for an "USA product" instead of a China one; if you say NO, they cancel your order and talk to you in a very rude manner. THIS IS FRAUD!!!!

7/1/14

Stay the hell away from these scumbags!!!.. ordered a camera and they require u call them so that they can bait and switch.. and try to upcharge you.. i rejected it and then they said they will mail the product per the time frame.. waited and waited and waited... called them up and lo behold.. they dont have the product... absolute scam artists.. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE IDIOTS!!

6/30/14

I bought a camera online and was sent an email to contact them for security reasons, after ten minutes on hold, they tried to sell me a battery then asked if I wanted the American version of this camera,purchase price 620.00 ,,,he wanted 799.00.
I told him It said nothing on line about european price on his website and all he said was were a wholesaler,very Rude Jerk.. Bait And Switch, rip off. There prices aren't real, thats why they ask you to call before processing order.
Shop and get a good price Stay away from this Fraud

6/26/14

Do not buy a camera from them or you will be charged extra for included accessories. Ordered camera and received email saying call to confirm, when I called was told the camera did not include a battery in the box so I was charged an extra $100 for a special high charge battery. When camera arrived it had standard included battery. I called and was told since I had agreed to purchase battery I could not get refund of extra funds but I could get refund by paying restocking fee of $35 plus pay for shipping both ways! Do not buy from this RIPOFF company and save yourself the hassle of listening to rude and arrogant sales people.
After a couple of weeks of this bad review management promised to make good on my $100 overpayment if I changed the review! I said OK and it has been over 2 months of... its in the mail or oh! it will be credited within 5 days. Do not trust or believe a word Ajrichies.com tells you. STAY AWAY!!!! THEY ARE LIARS!!!

6/25/14

"THE WORST" company I have done business with. A very expensive lesson learned. Still waiting for a refund of over $3,700.00. Already filed a complaint with BBB.

6/18/14

NEVER SHOP AT AJRCHIES.COM!! BIG TIME RIP OFF & RUDE!!
FYI I have contacted the BBB and filed complain with the Attorney General's office...PLEASE IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY AJRICHIES.COM ALSO NOTIFY THE BBB AND FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY to GET THEM CLOSED!! What happened was I ordered a Samsung TV UN55H7150 for $1256.00 and then received an email to call and confirm purchase... When i did a very over bearing person pulled the bait and switch saying the one I ordered was the old model yet to find the TV on their website I had imputed Samsung UN55H7150AFXZA... And now I am being told that isn't the model i purchased even though the specs all read the same!! So I take the bait and switch because the price is still less than Best Buy by $100.00... The guy told me $1499 plus $170 for the six year warranty (total $1669} and when I went to verify charges on my card I was charge $1750.00 when i called back I was told the charge was for shipping insurance!! The man was rude a liar, and down right disgraceful!! Then when I cancelled the order the guy has the nerve to say, "Never call here again." LIKE I WOULD EVER SHOP AT AJRICHIES AGAIN!!
And FYI I just purchased the same Samsung UN55H7150AFXZA for $1399 from Appliance Connections with shipping and set up in home for $39.99 (a service AJRichies charges $140.00 plus 7% of the cost for "Shipping Insurance")!!

6/17/14

THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY. BAIT AND SWITCH WITH PRICES AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. BELLIGERENT AND UNTRUSTWORTHY. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN..DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE!!!!!!!! ..... I found an ad for Olympus tough tg-2 camera for $209. I purchased it from AJrichie on may 10th. I then get email saying i need to confirm my purchase before transaction is complete. I call and I am told they are waiting on it from overseas. Plus did I know it doesn't come with a battery? I thought it was odd for an electronic device to not have a battery. I questioned it and the customer service guy was rube to me about questioning and said I could cancel my order. I told them to just send it. I send three email over the next 5 weeks and call. The hours of operation are different on the website and different on the emails. I get ahold of someone and give them my order number on June 2nd or 3rd. I am told the shipment from overseas has been delayed but i should be getting the camera on June 11th. It is now June 17th and I call to see where the camera is. This is now 5 weeks since I purchased the camera. I am told they are a wholesaler and the product is back ordered from the vendor. Then I am asked " if I intended on purchasing the Malaysian version of the camera?" I say what's the difference? " they said they would be happy to sell me the american version which normally goes for $449 but they would sell it to me for $349." I am now speaking to a supervisor named robert or ronald.I say "no I would like the camera I purchased at the price that was quoted to me. He then gets nasty to me and asks where else am I going to purchase the camera for that price?" I said," that is not the point. I ordered this camera at this price. It is olympus and it is made overseas regardless. There are no different versions. I say this is horrible customer service and I have been misled and I am going to rake them over in reviews of the company on the internet." He says" we are a wholesaler that supplies Ryder, overstock.com and B&H Photo video. It doesn't matter because he is going to get my money or anyone else some other way from another internet company." I bad mouth ajrichie, they will get paid by these other companies."nThis was a classic bait and switch and they still have my credit card number and info. I tried to go to my account that was set up but I no longer had access. Ronald quoted me this statement as proof that they were completely in their rights " This is only a confirmation of your internet order, it is not an Invoice, and does not constitute proof of sale, All Orders need to be Verified prior to being billed and shipped, and you will receive your final invoice with your order." THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY. BAIT AND SWITCH WITH PRICES AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. BELLIGERENT AND UNTRUSTWORTHY. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE. please do something about these people. they do not deserve to practice there business. #ajrichie

6/17/14

B E W A R E !!!
Is the a bigger scammer out there? Place order, get an e-mail saying you HAVE TO CALL to confirm order, call them, get a live person after 20 minutes on hold, ask for your zip code and immediately go back on hold... 30 minutes later, 'click',call terminated. Call back on sales line, only 10 minutes on hold this time, get live person (sounded like same one as before), ask you for zip code again... WHOA wait, I did THAT BEFORE. Gave camera model... Oh, it's on backorder. Geez what a WASTE of time! Cancel order!

6/12/14

SCAM. When you order, they make you call back to upsell, then dont send it until you do. On top of that, they charged me $1700 for a $1200 tv. Contested the charge, thanks Credit Card Company, bought it from Amazon for $1350. Worth the extra few bucks, but lost a month of having the TV and a week being on hold. AVOID

6/10/14

I was checking the past months camera stores, box stores, and sites for granddaughter who wanted the t3i Canon Digital 18 MP...so I was familiar with the sales and matching prices - and checked the Canon Site, List $699 and in the box includes Battery and charger. So I called AJRichie about the sale price $429 today as I printed the ad yesterday (June 9), and was advised that the Battery and Charger was not included - so I asked "why do you then show the $699 Price which is very deceptive" and when the Customer Service Agent Beat Around the Bush...I asked again...and he hung up the phone...wow, what CS. How is this company in business...where is the BBB??

6/3/14

STAY AWAY - One star is a gift, if I could I would rank them in the negative category. I ordered a Nikon Coolpix AW110 in early April as a Mothers Day present for my wife. I responded to the 'you need to verify your order' email but wasn't asked to 'upgrade' as some others have reported. A week before Mothers Day, I still had not received the camera.. I called Customer Service and was told by 'Jeffry' that the camera was on back order and would be shipped on the 19th of May. He offered to change my order or cancel, both of which I declined. May 19th came and went, still no camera. Another phone call. Still on back order would arrive on June 1st. Another offer to cancel or change my order. Again I declined. I contacted Nikon to see if I could verify the 'back order' status.. No luck, Nikon informed me that AJ Richie is not an 'Authorized Dealer' and could offer me no assistance. Another phone call to AJ Richie on Monday June 2nd. This time it was 'Roger' who answered, still on back order expected at the end of the month. Several minutes of conversation gave me no satisfaction so I asked to speak to a manager. Roger informed me he was a manager. He offered to assist me in changing my order to an 'American' version because I had ordered the 'Japanese' version which did not have a battery or charger. Japanese, it was the first time this came up, both in conversation and in their ad. I declined so that I could do additional research.. Customer Service was absolutely no help what so ever. I couldn't find my order number in their on-line tracking system. So could not evaluate the order to verify their claim of a 'Japanese' model. Enough is enough, I decided to write this review and will be cancelling the order with AJ Richie and order from another place. In summary - Nothing about AJ Richie feels good to me. While the price is low, their delivery rate is zero, so price doesn't matter. Shop elsewhere.

6/2/14

Bought a camera online at what I thought was a good price and paid for it using my credit card. Received an email saying the order couldn't be completed untiI I called them to confirm. During that call I was informed that I would need to purchase a battery and a charger to complete the sale.When I told the agent I felt I was misled, he hung up on me. I wouldn't buy anything from this company again.

5/28/14

This is a scam and it's only a matter of time before the FBI closes them down. How it operates: ajrichie's website offers 24/7 "sales" at attractive prices on popular items which are indicated to be in stock. However after you place the order you wait and you wait and you wait for weeks and months for the item to arrive. When you call to complain they tell you they don't have it in stock, claiming that the item ordered was a "foreign model" and try to upsell you on a "domestic model" which (obviously) costs more. After a month and a half of waiting for the shipment and a dozen phone calls, I did not receive the item and they tried they tried to pull the same old scam on me. Avoid this store, no matter how attractive the prices seem - it's a scam, plain and simple.

4/29/14

Stay away from this company!!! They have ripped off so many people including me!!! I want to try to get everyone together and take these scammers to court!!! Does anyone have a lawyer in New York....I think that's where these stinkin low lifes have their company!!! How about hackers.com can they jam their site so NO ONE ELSE gets scammed????

4/24/14

You should have a Negative Star option. I spent 15 minutes of my life in AJ Richies phone que. Their site showed 12 plus hours remaining on a Canon T4i package. When I told "Mickie" I wanted to order one, he quickly stated it was not available & before I could ask for my second choice he switched me back on hold and 5 seconds later my call was disconnected. Now that I've read these Site Jabber reviews I'm convinced that Mickie did me a favor. Stay away from this business.

4/23/14

I ordered a camera at a great price in January. I waited and waited. It is now more than four months later and still no camera. My two calls , the last of which was a month ago, resulted in "Jeffrey" telling me that the camera is coming from Japan. Now they do not answer the phone. I believe they are scammers to get credit card info.

4/18/14

I ordered a turn table last February. I called to ask if they even got my order. Some guy said "back ordered " and would be sent 3 day air when more come in. Today when I called the recording said they were closed and the mailbox was full. I know I 've probably have been scammed. I called my bank and they said that if my account has been debited I can dispute the charge and get it taken care of. They will put the $69's back into my account. Hope all of you can get your money back!!!@

4/14/14

Avoid AJRichie regardless of their ads.
I strongly recommend Not buying anything from AJRichie. I was hoping to save $100 on a camera and accessories and ended up paying $150 more than I would have had I purchased the same camera and accessories from a reputable site. This is what they did. They advertised a camera for about $100 less than retail. After I purchased the camera online, I got several e-mails from AJRichie that I needed to call them as soon as possible as there was a problem with my order. When I didn’t respond immediately to the e-mails, they called me. The rep on the phone was very low key and made some very reasonable suggestions regarding accessories I might want. All of which I was going to eventually purchase. The prices for these accessories were higher than I expected and when I questioned him about them, he said that the prices I was quoting were for inferior products which AJRichie didn’t carry and that I should get quality accessories for the quality camera I was buying. I foolishly agreed. As turned out the prices were several times more expensive than was reasonable and ending up not only wiping out the $100 saving but adding an addition $150 to what I could have gotten had a used a reputable site. Later that day, I found online reviews which described how customers are misled by AJRichie and end up paying much more than they would have on a reputable site. Unfortunately, it was after AJRichie was closed for the day. The next day, I called to cancel my order. They rep on the phone put me on hold and when he came back said that the order had already been shipped by FedEx and that I would be getting a tracking number by e-mail before the end of the day. When I checked my credit card, I found that my credit card had already been charged for the full amount. To make a long story short, I didn’t get a tracking number that day. I called every day for the next four days and was told that my order had been shipped that morning and that I would get a tracking number by end of the day. It wasn’t till 5 days after I placed the order that I got a tracking number (it was a USPS tracking number not a FedEx tracking number). When the shipment arrived, the extra battery I had ordered was for a different camera not the one I ordered. I called and I was told that they had noticed the error and were sending me the correct battery. I also told them that there was no warranty card with the shipment even though it was mentioned in both the invoice that came with shipment as well as the in the documentation from the manufacturer. They said they would send me one. However, I still have not received one. One last note, the invoice that came with the package came with a list of everything that was ordered but only a total price so that there was no easy way to prove that I had been over charged. They are very good at what they do, getting unsuspecting customers to be tricked into grossly over paying for camera equipment. I strongly recommend not buying anything fromAJRichie.

4/11/14

Ordered camera, best price on internet, at $249.00. Got email requesting I call and verify order. Called and was told camera didn't come with battery and they would sell me special 5 hour battery for $89.00. Camera arrived with 'in-box' battery and charge was for $349.00. When called was told I had agreed to extra charge, even though sales person lied and said camera didn't include battery. Could send back if I sent $35.00 for restocking fee plus they would subtract $19.99 shipping charges and I'd have to pay for shipping for return! They are unethical and will add items on the sale to boost their charges. STAY AWAY from this company! UNETHICAL

4/8/14

It does not deserve a star. DO NOT BUY FROM AJRICHIES

I ordered a Canon t5i ( body only) at $349.00. I was sent an email to call a number. I was put on hold for ten minutes. The person on the line began the old game of Bait and Switch. He starts to explain to me that this Canon t5i was an import model from China and the touch screen language is only in Chinese. I asked why the description on the website did not say this for I would have not chosen this camera. I for one have no idea why you would even offer this Chinese language model to an American consumer unless you wanted to draw people in by the low price. They then have me call them and try to sell me the correct camera at a much higher price of $750.00. (No lens) body only.
I told the operator to cancel the order and he told me it's already been processed. I told him I still wanted it canceled because I know that we as consumers have 24 hours to cancel. He was dismissive sounding in his tone and said okay. He said he had to transfer me to billing and abruptly hung up on me.
I quickly went to my online checking account and transferred all my money but $10.00 to savings so to stop Ajrichie from withdrawing any money. It worked. A few minute later I received an email from Ajrichie saying their attempt to withdraw money was refused because of lack of funds, lol.

I finally bought my camera from my local camera store, no hassles , no problems. I also feel good about supporting a local business.

Moral of story, always,always do online review research.

3/18/14

Zero...has anyone actually received a refund from this company? I am waiting for my refund of $369.99. Of' course...like all the reviews stated...hung up on, no confirmation sent for shipping or cancellation of the order. This company is full of lies! BEWARE!

3/13/14

Just called to ask a few questions about the Canon 6D. I told him I was fine with an import model, but before I would purchase I had a few questions (is it factory sealed, does it come with Canon batteries and charger etc) and he not even answer the questions I had, and when he caught wind I knew what I was talking about, quickly informed me that they only have the US model and hung up on me! Talk about shady!

2/27/14

Don't be foolish. Shop elsewhere. This site is a scam. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Was looking for a Sony camera and they had it for $200 less than anywhere else. Hahahaa right... I called them to ask about the price and why it's so low and is it real. The guy insulted me and told me to go to Best Buy instead. Is it possible to shut down this stupid web store? That would save a lot of money for a lot of people who will get scammed by these guys.

2/25/14

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
I like everyone else on this website has had the exact same experience. I ordered a camera for the sale price of 289. I thought wow good deal. The next morning I get a sketchy email that looks like it got sent from a child saying to process my order i needed to call in and give a voice confirmation. So I called and first off let me say how RUDE these guys are. He told me that I would need to buy the a long lasting battery and some other $#*! that ended coming up to 420 something. me being stupid agreed. then an hour later i went online and saw all these other reviews i started freaking out so i decided to call them... i got put on hold for 10 mins three times then was hung up on. when i finally got through and told him i wanted to cancel my order he said that i couldnt because the item has already been shipped and he added a longer warranty with a tripod and some other items and that it would get to me by the end of the week and then hung up. I got so upset that i made my roommate call them again for me to cancel it. She got hung up on twice before getting to speak with someone. She asked him if my order was shipped yet and i guess him being stupid didnt realize the person with the same name and camera just called 10 minutes earlier but he told me the camera was not shipped yet... so she told him to cancel the order and he got very rude with my roommate saying we were making a mistake that this is the cheapest price you'll find. But she lied and told him that we just wanted to trade cameras and were looking at other cameras on their website to keep them happy to work with us. He told us the money would be refunded but i needed to pay a restocking fee of 10%, when I asked how much that was going to be he asked "are you kidding" and said itll be "$43" and that it will take 48 to get put back into my account nd hung up. I still didnt feel right about the situation so i called my bank and told them about it and they told me if the money isnt in my account in 48 hours that they will dispute it with them and give me my money back. HOPING everything works out but i'll write another review if i actually got my money back or not... WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!! SCAM SCAM SCAMMMMM

2/19/14

Canceled my order before I even received it- got really bad vibes regarding customer service. When I called to cancel (after being on hold for 10 minutes) guy was really rude. Forget it!

2/19/14

Stay away! Ordered a Panasonic camera because of the price. Got an email saying I needed to call to verify the order. This is when they get you. They wanted to know which battery they could sell me. The camera comes with no battery. Seriously? Only site I could find that does this. They also told me the other sites only give you a thirty minute battery. Totally false! I canceled my order. I hope it really was canceled. I do not trust them and neither should you.

2/19/14

I wish I could vote with no stars!
I can't believe I was dumb enough to not research this before I purchased. I feel like a complete fool!

D610 was priced at $1399 on sale.
I tried to order from the site, but it wouldn't let me upgrade shipping. I emailed them about it, since it was past hours, and they told me to call.
Called the next day and the guy told me I could order over the phone.

He then asked if I was wanting the US model, to which I replied, "well yea!"
He informed me that it was not the sale price. Instead it was $1699...
I went back and forth with my husband but it still was the best deal I had found and they said there was no tax and free 3 day shipping so I agreed

He then asked me what kind of battery I wanted and when I let him know I had one, he damn near called me a liar and asked what kind of camera I had prior. I let him know the D7000, which I know uses the exact same camera and he didn't say much after that.

He processed my order etc

I got an email saying thanks for the order and that it would ship soon.
Never got an invoice/receipt, tracking number etc
I tried for 3 days to get both of these and wrote a nasty email about it and the fact that my account was charged $1799!

They then sent me a photo of the invoice but still no tracking information

I got a call the next day which I missed and an email stating that they tried to contact me.
I got in contact with them and the guy let me know that the reo must have forgotten to read the part that said there was a 6% charge straight from Nikon, for insurance on the shipping!
That they couldn't refund me the money for that, but could offer me an extended life battery, high speed memory card and card reader, or, a 5 year extended warranty.
I agreed to the accessories.

I then let him know I have STILL not gotten a tracking number and instead of giving it to me over the phone, he told me it would be emailed by the end of the day

I have still not gotten a tracking number. Its been a week since I ordered and I have not gotten the camera, which was supposed to be on 3 day shipping, and now, no one will reply to my emails and when I try to talk to someone, they get pissy and hang up

I will be calling the bank later today when my husband is up, since it was charged to his account, to report it as fraud and HOPE to hell, I can get my money back

I sold my only camera, to have the money to put towards this.
Photography is my business! I have a shoot in 3 days and have NO camera!!!!

I should have used my head and researched them prior, because now I see NO ONE has left a good review!

I'm literally in tears over this and have no idea what Im going to do about my upcoming shoots, since I dont have the money to just go out and buy another one while waiting to see if I can get refunded!

I have made a facebook page, if anyone would like to come and post their experience with it
Most companies have a facebook page, so Im assuming a lot of people will try to look them up. Im hoping they find my page, since there isnt one for the actual company, that I found
Maybe I can save ONE person, from getting scammed like others.

2/17/14

this is a BS site dont waste your time pay the few dollars more you will get what you want and in the time you want it

2/16/14

Obviously a Grey market scam. Their address is even in Brooklyn, a Grey market Hotspot. No response to emails and complete BS customer service. I would rather die in a hole them order from those frauds. I should get the BBC on their a**s

2/10/14

Can't rate lower than one star or I would. Ordered a camera last night at a price too good to be true -- HA! Of course got an email saying to call in and confirm the order. After reading other reviews I decided not to call and waste my time. Who else has you call in and confirm an order? I've bought thousands of items off the net - first time anyone asked me to call and confirm !!! Any problems and I will sic the FTC on them, suggest you do the same. BTW other review site have some positive reviews, almost certainly posted by an ajrichie employee. This is criminal and should be treated as such.

2/6/14

Purchased a Sony HDR Camcorder on Black Friday 2013 for $859.99 for my company. No confirmation email sent . Luckily took screen shot of original purchase and confirmation (I didn't have a printer). They called on Dec 2, 2013 to "confirm order and shipping address". Sold me on additional accessories which I was ok with. Again no confirmation e-mail. Equipment arrived with no invoice. January Credit card statement came in with a charge of $1999.99!!! Minus the additional equipment that I ok'd I was over charged $489.99!! When I called to dispute they said because camera did not come with a battery or charger!! It did but beside the point I ordered an extended life battery and quick charge charger as extra accessory. When I brought it to ANTHONY's attention the charge became due to ALL equipment on website is in Japanese!! If you want it in English you have to pay $350.00!! Again, so you just charge me anyway? He said its ALL over website all equipment is not in English (IT IS NOT ANYWHERE ON WEBSITE). They also sold me an extended 2 year warranty. I asked if it was a manufacturers warranty and was told yes. IT IS NOT. It is warrantied through AJRITCHIE!! The extended warranty is USELESS!!. Anthony offered me an additional year warranty to make me happy?? He kept repeating it., "all I can do is offer you an additional 1 year warranty". I told him What would make me happy is the return of my $489.99. I advised him this was not my error but also I told Anthony I would concede the charge if he could tell me WHERE on the website it states all equipment is in Japanese, HE COULD NOT. He became loud, spoke over me, and told me it was a courtesy he was even speaking to me. He then said "Im done with you, call your credit card company, do it!!" and hung up. SUCH A FRAUD!! This is in dispute with my credit card company and complaints are being filed with BBB of New York as well a CCA of NY. I may even make a CALL for ACTION with my local news station. I will see this one to the end.

2/4/14

**DO NOT.... I REPEAT... DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY**

My husband purchase a DSLR camera from their website for my xmas gift. Everything was fine and working well, until it stopped working on our family vacation in Jamaica. I got the camera in Dec and it stopped working in Aug. When we got back to the states, I contacted Nikon to see if I could have it fixed. After speaking with Nikon and giving them the serial number listed on the camera, I was then informed that the camera is a REFURBISHED camera and I would have to pay $170 to get it fixed. After my husband paid over $600 for the camera. Nikon told me that if it was a new camera they would have fixed it and I would not have to pay. I WAS PISSED. So I contacted AJRiches customer services, spoke to ADAM who informed me they are not sure why I got an refurbished item and he would submit a claim and I he would call me back in 10 day. After the 10th day... I received no call.. so I called... and called.. Every time I called, ADAM was either busy or on the other line. Left him several message.. no response. I finally spoke with him 15 days after our last conversation. He again claimed he doesn't know why I got an refurbished item and he would resubmit the claim, he was so rude and nasty. After our conversation, I asked would I need to call again after 10 days he said , Yes and HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME!!! Ohh hell no... this company is $#*! & WILL RIP YOU OFF.... I contacted the BBB to file a complaint.

*PLEASE STAY CLEAR FROM THIS COMPANY... TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE*

1/31/14

CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTE THE CHARGES! THEY CAN HELP YOU IF YOU'VE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY AJRICHIE.COM. I'm also a victim of this site. They switched the 149.00 memory card for a 9.99 card and then told me it's not. I bought the extended warranty & tried to cancel the warranty, but they told me they register it when it's sold. Warranty company said that's not true. Now they say I have to pay 15% restocking fee on the warranty. My credit card co. says this is a tactic to keep me from returning the merchandise. They are now telling me I bought a package which I didn't and not letting me return their "switched" cheap items without returning the camera I bought at the advertised low price which got me to the site in the first place. My credit card company is working with me so now I feel a little less stupid for falling for this.

1/15/14

I agree with all of the other posts on here, not only did they try to upsell me on things that should come with the camera they hung up on me nearly instantly when I questioned them about it.

1/7/14

This Company is a SCAM!!!! Bait and switch too!! I ordered online a Nikon Coolpix L820 (red) on 12/20/13 for $159.99. On 12/27/13, I received an email from them to call (614) 556-4559 X 509. I was informed that the red camera is out of stock and that the black one is available. I agreed to receiving a black one instead of a red one.
On 01/07/14, I called the company and was told that the camera will be shipped from another country to my home and it will take 4 to 6 weeks for me to received it. On my
order confirmation, it states that I will take only 10 to 14 business days for me to receive it. I was able to cancel my order. Looks like they are accepting online orders even there are no supplies. Please read the reviews on this company before ordering online.

12/30/13

I wish that I had read the reviews before I ordered a camera from them. After I ordered a camera from a link I got through Amazon.com, they called my husband the next day to "verify" the order. Well my husband didn't know anything about the camera as it was for him for Christmas. I called back and after talking to 3 people, they said they didn't have the red one but I could ge a plum colored one. I said ok and then he pushed a recharagable battery pack on me, which I did buy. Then he said he would give me free expedited delivery if I wrote a review immediately so he could show his boss. I told him I couldn't do that right away so he gave me the free shipping anyway. Then when I got the camera it was in boring black. I had a feeling this was a funky place. I haven't used the camera yet, so we'll see how it works.

12/24/13

I am living outside US, I contactacted them bcause it shows a Nikon D610 w/ 28 300 lens for US2000. I did a wire transfer. Then sent me a Nikon D7000 with 2 lenses. I did not ask for it! They never answer my emails, never responde my asks and the hang up me phone calls... BUY ELSEWHERE

12/23/13

I purchased a Nikon D5200 camera body, or so I thought. The price was a bit less than the 2nd lowest price I'd found anywhere else. The next day I received a call from a heavily accented (sorry, but it was middle eastern) man, telling me I'd ordered the camera only. "I know" I replied. He told me it was literally the body only, and did not even come with a battery or charger. Really?! When I told him I'd never heard of an electronic item that required a battery not coming with said device or charger, he replied "Well I guess you're hearing of it now". I told him "Well I guess you're hearing me cancel my order" which, thankfully, they did. Typical "bait and switch" tactic. My advice: CAVEAT EMPTOR - SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!

12/22/13

Saw low price on line I placed a order for camera they e-mailed me a couple of days later to call them back to confirm was on hold for about 30 mintues. Spoke to a rep who was confused on what I ordered, he told me my order was for camera (body)only I brought to his attention that the ad and reciept said camera ,battery,and quick charger. I asked him if I can get order sooner he said it will cost $70 to recieve in 3 days. I agreed just to have it before X-mas. I tryed to track shipment and ther was no info. I called them back waiting 45minutes this time spoke to rep and he tells me my credit card didn't go through that I need to use a different card he tells me this after 3 days. Can you say Scam !!!!

12/16/13

The absolute worst. Ordered a Nikon 3100 body at a decent price, waited for weeks and thought they had lost the order. I finally got an email to call and verify the order. I did so and the kid on the other end told me that the camera I had ordered came without a battery and charger when it was clearly listed in the spec sheet. I checked because this has happened before. Pure scam, dishonest to the worst degree, do not buy from these people.

12/10/13

I've purchased hundreds of products online from hundreds of businesses and I've never written a negative review until now. There have been a few instances of the product being maybe not quite what was depicted, or maybe customer service wasn't stellar, but I've never before felt like I was thoroughly and deliberately scammed till I dealt with AJRichie! These people are total crooks. Maybe because I've had pretty good luck dealing with reputable sellers, I never even thought to check their reviews before ordering, just got careless. It's been an expensive lesson! Don't let their low prices suck you in!

12/7/13

I WISH I COULD GIVE A NEGATIVE STAR! THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH! STAY AWAY FROM THEM! THEY WILL SELL YOU WARRANTIES THROUGH COMPANIES THAT DO NOT EVEN EXIST! THESE GUYS SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN! LOOK AT THE GOOGL STREET VIEW OF THE STORE! THAT WILL GVE YOU AN IDEA OF WHAT LOW-LIFE'S YOU ARE DEALING WITH! DO NOT DO IT!

12/2/13

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS WEBSITE!

Mega scam website, I have placed an order over the black Friday sale with AJRichie.com to purchase the Canon 5D Mark III, and as they have reduced hours of operation, I had to wait until monday to talk to a live representative to try to figure if my order was on, or pending, or processed. So long story short, I get to talk to a gentleman on Monday morning that informed me that the unit I purchased it's a "foreign" or NON US, as he named it, and if I want the US model that will come with all the CD/DVD for installation, manual, etc, I will have to pay close to $2900.00 to get the genuine part. Now this is the best part, where the website listed this item as SKU: CANEOS5DMIII MPN: 5260B002 (US model) and not SKU: CANEOS5DMIII MPN: 5260A002 (Non US model).
When I got to the bottom of this and called again to clear the whole situation, I came across a very arrogant, not friendly type of customer sales rep that was very rude in taking the time to fix or do something about this situation. He mentioned that he is very busy, and I can go F*** myself, when I asked to cancel my order. I hope that my order is cancelled.

11/29/13

called for info. Tried to sell me more stuff then I wanted. The main issue, they wanted to charge me $40+ for insurance on a camcorder to be shipped. Also, on the website there is no place where you see that charge added. They say they are working on their website. Real Scam!! Don't get ripped off!!!!

11/25/13

[Updated 11-25-13] AjRichies is an unscrupulous business that conducts deceptive business practices. Numerous complaints appear on several consumer-watch websites. Similar complaints have been reported by many customers. Do not do business with them!!! If you are taken in, don’t waste your time trying to deal with them. File a complaint with your bank’s consumer claims department and request a full refund for your credit card transaction. Since phone calls and e-mails are routinely not returned, it is unlikely that they will successfully dispute a customer claim when a bank attempts to investigate a sale and negotiate a settlement.

AjRichies conceals unfavorable terms and conditions of sale on their website. They charge a 15% restocking fee and a 10% fee for refused shipments. A common complaint is that sales people call back customers after an initial sale is made to upsell accessories that are exorbitantly priced. If this is not accomplished, deliveries are long delayed or do not occur at all. All sorts of excuses are made. Customers who thought they were getting a deal wind up being charged more than advertised prices or get wrong products.

The history of my purchase is revealing in many ways. Over the phone, I was persuaded to purchase a $3,000 “package deal” for a camera body, 2 lenses, accessories, and extended warranties. I naively agreed to the sale without an itemization of prices. An e-mail with a confirmation of the sale and a tracking number was promised, but it was never received. Unlike many other customers, I actually received my shipment in a few days. The shipment enclosed a sales invoice which did not show any unit prices for the ordered items. In fine print at the bottom of the receipt was a 15% restocking fee policy. Another policy was absent that states that incorrect and missing items are replaced, but no refunds are allowed.

At the time of purchase, I was never informed orally or in writing of the restocking fee policy and other terms and conditions of sale that are buried in the website. When the restocking fee for a phone sale was questioned, the policy was justified by explaining that the policy appeared on the website. However, when one looks carefully at the language on the website, it explicitly states that the sales policies apply to website orders. There is no mention of phone transactions.

Several of the delivered items were lacking. The camera and lenses were defective in packaging and were missing items. The camera and lenses were missing original manufacturer’s certificates of warranty. This placed in doubt whether the items were new products and US warrantied. It was evident that the camera body was restocked merchandise that had been resold. Manuals and accessories were missing from the box. Extended warranties that were purchased were not what they were purported to be. Insured replacement and repair costs were limited in amount and accidental damage was explicitly excluded contrary to the representations of the sales person.

I called the company and obtained the unit prices for my order. After accounting for the actual prices of the order and the prices of comparable products on the internet, I determined that I had been overcharged by $700. When I complained that I had been overcharged, an offer was made to adjust the sales price by $700. This was a clear acknowledgement of an overcharge. I refused the offer to the surprise of the sales person. I was intent on not doing business with AjRichies and getting a full refund of my money. I returned the entire shipment and bought identical equipment from Amazon companies to my satisfaction.

When I received a Return for Refund form enclosed with a return merchandise RMA , I was charged $450 for a 15% restocking fee based on the original inflated price of $3,000 and not the offered adjusted price of $2,300. Interestingly, the language of the form contradicted some of the return policies on the internet. It stated that items that were incorrect or missing things would not be charged a restocking fee. When I last contacted AjRichies on October 29th, they surprisingly promised me a full refund by November 1st. However, I never received it. I then contacted my bank to file a claim.

In the case AjRichies planned to object to my bank’s credit card claim, I sent the bank a 7 page memo with various attachments and 4 unanswered e-mails to document the circumstances of my purchase. My bank credited me immediately after doing an “investigation” on the day I made the claim. I am sure that they had no better luck than I had in attempting to reach AjRichies when I repeatedly called them on different days and was placed on hold for one and half hours before I gave up.

The lesson I learned is always to investigate the reputation of a company before making a purchase. I feel quite safe making purchases on Amazon. They have very good customer support, and they back the sales of the companies that do business on their site. My wish is that someone would warn all potential customers and shut down AjRichies. AjRichies’s business address is not the place where they actually do business. It’s a storefront in an apartment building in Brooklyn. It can be viewed on Google Maps. The location is obviously used only for shipments to conceal the true business address of the company. This prevents frustrated customers from serving legal papers on the company. An enterprising person in New York would do a great service to many dissatisfied customers by staking out the storefront and following shipment carriers to the actual location where shipments are processed and hopefully where the sales office exists. I am angry that so many people have been hurt by AjRichies.

Expert Reviewer
11/23/13

☠ Scraping Website - Illegal, Stolen Trustmarks
☛ Site Using Fake or Fraudulent Trust Marks and Seals are key indicators of a Scam Site.
☛ Why trust a site that needs to Steal Trust Seals??? Where is the Trust coming from???
☛ Use these sites with caution, do not become their next victim.
☛ Fully read the "Warnings" and "Membership Terms and Conditions"

✍ Note: Major Security/Trust Seals/Icons commonly used by: BBB .org, McAfee, Thawte, TRUSTe, Trustwave, UpFront, VeriSign/Norton, and others should all have URL's linked to those Icon's. When clicked the URL should "Open" the "relevant sites Certificate or verification page"!!! If they don't, they are FAKE!!!

✍ Sites that do not subscribe to the Norton VeriSign, McAfee Secure, or other Trust/Secure services try to fool consumers/visitors by placing a stolen copy of the trustmark/seal on their website in order to give the appearance of "Trust" and "Security". This practice is called "Scraping."

(•ิ_•ิ) Why would you trust a site that needs to knowingly Steal Trust Seals? Which of course sounds nothing like how a legitimate and reputable company would do business!

(•ิ_•ิ) Always remember the basic rules about Scammers/Spammers:
❶ Scammers/Spammers always lie.
❷ If a Scammers/spammer says they aren't lying, see rule 1.

Illegal McAfee Secure Trustmark - Fake/Forged (site uses a JPG):
hxxp://www.ajrichies.com/images/mcafee.gif

11/23/13

I ordered from AJRichies and like everyone else, I received a call a few days later saying that they need to verify my shipping address, when I called them back they tried to sell me a battery, (they lied and said that the battery that the camera comes with only lasts for 20 minutes) Nikon D3100, and my $500 order now became $700, I disputed this with them and the my credit card company and they told me to return the camera, (they would deduct 15% for returning the camera) I declined and told both my credit card company and AJRichies that I wanted the camera for the original price of around $500, I continued to dispute the difference in price with my Credit card company, even after they told me that they ruled in AJrichies favor and low and behold a couple of days later the $200 credit was permanent. Credit card companies will typically rule in your favor, just be persistent with them. AJRichies should not be in business and the more people that dispute payments with their credit card companies, the less money this scam company will receive, spread the word.

11/21/13

BAD! BAD! BAD! Exact same tactics as described by several others here. Ordered camera online after seeing low price, got a call 2 days later asking to "verify credit card info" and quickly tried to sell other stuff like extra batteries, memory card, lens etc. When I declined, they tried to persuade me to get USA model (I ordered gray market model). Declined that too, and rep said camera will be shipped. Called back after 2 weeks, and I as told that they are bringing wholesale lot from Japan and will take 1-2 weeks more and then will be shipped to me. They would not commit to a date..At this point I canceled the order. From rep's reaction, I got the impression that they are happy to cancel the order.. I will be watching my credit card account carefully..

11/21/13

Avoid like the plague.

Paid over the money for a camera advertized at a very attractive price. Lots of false promises, lies and more lies about delivery and eventually a refund. Got my money back 3 months later through a claim through my credit card company. Businesses using these ethics should be closed down before they cause grief for the next person who transacts with them in a one way good faith exercise.

11/19/13

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I attempted to make a purchase with this horrible company several weeks ago. I purchased a 17-40mm CANON L-Series lens and paid an extra $40 to have it shipped to me within a week. Several days later they started sending me emails stating that I needed to contact them to discuss my order. This was just a way to get me on the phone to try and sell me more items. This went on for a week (don't forget I paid extra to have it shipped within a week). Then when I finally got through to them to ship my item and they said it would be shipped the following Friday. I called several days after it was supposed to ship (the second time) to have them tell me it would be shipped the NEXT Friday. At this point I became very agry and requested to speak to a manager. The man on the phone responded by saying my order was canceled and he then hung up on me. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE!!!!!!!

The Best Camera Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber