US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mariec

However, I complained about it and ended up receiving a full refund for this particular order. (in 71 reviews)

melissah2

I'd use them again if I had to but it's better to just call a local florist and not pay the markup these guess charge. (in 28 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jodir17
5/23/16

Wasted my time on their site finding a beautiful floral arrangement. I placed the order over a week before mother's day. It did arrive on mother's day but looked nothing like what I had ordered and they didn't put a card the card with it so she had no idea who they were from. I contacted 1-800-flowers and was told that they would send another arrangement on May 9th. She received nothing. Contacted them again to let them know and was told again that another arrangement would be scheduled for delivery on May 11th. Still nothing. I contacted them yet again and requested a full refund. They told me that they would give a 50% credit and discount coupon. I finally agreed to get this over with. As of today May 23rd I still have not received my 50% credit. So I contacted them again regarding the credit but I don't figure I will ever receive it at this point. Will never use them again ever!!!

rebeccam56
5/19/16

1-800-flowers does not honor their 100% Smile Guarantee

I ordered flowers for my 89 yr. old mother.

My mother & dad were not at home when they attempted delivery. The company 1-800-flowers hired to deliver the flowers left a note on their door saying that the flowers were at the sales office. My Dad thinking they were at the sales office of the vendor drove all the way into town to check on the flowers only to be told they were at the main office of the mobile home park in which they lived.

Upon getting the flowers which were wilted, and after all the trouble they went to retrieve the flowers, my mother called me and asked that I never send her flowers again.

This entire episode has upset me terribly as my Mother does not have many more Mother's Days to celebrate.

Upon calling customer service to complain the first agent I spoke with said they would get another bouquet to her.

As of Tuesday [2 days after Mother's Day] she still had not received any replacement flowers so I called to totally cancel the order and was told I had to send photos to get a full refund even after explaining that my Dad and Mom are almost 90 and I was several states away.

I did manage to get photos which were sent to 1-800-flowers only to be told that a partial refund and a discount on another order was all that they would do.

This is definitely not my idea of a 100% Smile Guarantee.

Needless to say I am not impressed and will never use them to provide flowers again.

andreak54
5/12/16

Got azalea topiary last mother's day. Did everything they said to take care of it but it died! Bad quality!

irishkas
5/11/16

I order flowers for my mom on mothers day they came 8pm and never rung door bell just left at door because flowers were old and dead never use they can't handle holidays and special events

aaronc51
5/9/16

Highly disappointed in the entire experience! Ordered flowers for my Mom on Mother's Day, they were to be delivered by 11:30 AM on Sunday the 8th of May(which cost extra I might add). By 1 pm I was getting a little concerned that they still hadn't showed up. Called the 800 number for some customer service, that's laughable. I was told that they're florist had decided they would no longer do that arrangement and so no flowers were going to my Mother. Their florist claims that they tried to call me but could not leave a voicemail. Unfortunately, I had no missed calls and I have Sprint service so my voicemail does not "fill up" like some other providers. When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was repeatedly put on hold for stretches of time and then told "Sorry, I cannot find a supervisor". Finally after the 4th or 5th time when I would not accept that as an answer he transferred me to a supervisor. When I asked her how I was to get flowers to my Mother who lives 3 states away at this hour on Mother's Day(also, Sunday) she told me I should "just try Walmart". Thanks 1-800-Flowers..... I knew I should have stuck with FTD.

zunyc
5/8/16

THE WORST! Please do not order from here!!!! I ordered flowers for my mother and paid an arm and a leg for her to get them in time and she never got them!!! RIP OFF!!! Then you call customer service and its a bunch of Indians apologizing and telling ypu to wait for delivery!!! Seriously? Its now 9pm in florida and my mom received nothing! Thank you so much 1800 flowers you guys are the worst!!!!

davep86
5/8/16

Tried 3X over past 3 months. Failed to Deliver on the special occasions 2 out of 3 opportunities (Birthday; Mothers Day) despite the order being placed well in advance and despite the delivery date being 1 day before due date to allow for margin. You pay them a boatload in shipping fees (many times it is almost the cost of the product itself) and they can't even make that delivery on time. Would suggest you go back to FTD if you really want flowers delivered.

patriciah100
5/7/16

I received a dozen roses for Mother's Day. Flowers arrived dry with brown edges around the roses. Then on top of that when I handled them the leaves started falling off all over the place. Terrible quality...rose buds were on the small side not of the quality I have seen elsewhere. Don't buy from them. Disappointing to say the least.

rachelr25
5/7/16

I wish this would let me post a picture of what i ordered vs what was actually sent. Subpar, downgrade for the money spent, and looks like I went the cheapest route possible to send flowers to my Grandmother on Mother's Day. I will never do that again.

jessicac111
5/6/16

I made the mistake of ordering flowers for Mother's Day from this disreputable company.
I ordered them (at an outrageous price for the record) to be delivered on the Thursday before mother's day to my mom's work.
They did not arrive on Thursday. Thursday evening I called and they apologized and agreed to have them delivered to her home on Friday since she was not working on that day. It should come as no surprise that they are not being delivered Friday either. After 7 phone calls. Yes 7. The florist at first claimed that they had to delay the order to Sat because the address changed. (Because THEY DID NOT DELIVER WHEN THEY PROMISED THEY WOULD). Then a manager called them and come to find out they didn't have the flowers needed for the arrangement. And I could chose a new bouquet, but no way to happen before Sat.
I now have no flowers, and I have to wait 3-7 days for my money to come back to me. That was all the money I budgeted for Mother's Day. Now I have no money to get her a gift at all.
I will never buy flowers from this company again. They do not communicate with the florists, they do not verify and they certainly do NOT keep their word.

pm65
5/5/16

I logged into my account today to follow up on my Mother's Day order and to my surprise one of my orders which was due to ship today is marked not available with a status of delivery confirmation pending.

I did not receive a phone call. I did not receive an email. I had NO CONTACT from 1-800-FLOWERS telling me that they were not going to be fulfilling my order.

Obviously it would be pending delivery for a long time since they didn't have the product.

If I hadn't decided to check today I suppose I would have found out when my mother did not receive her Mother's Day flowers and I would then have no timely recourse.

This critical failure to follow through with notification is entirely unacceptable.

cherylw38
5/2/16

Pissed OFF! I ordered all Lilly's in a beautiful vase that had a cross on it since it was for a religious family. It was for a Grandma's passing and what they sent was nothing that the picture showed. I got daises a lot of greenery to fill in and a few roses. The put it in an ugly vase with NO cross. My friend sent me the pic of what she received and I call 1800flowers right away. The girl said the manager will call me that day. It's been over a week and I have heard nothing from anyone. So I spent a lot of money on daises and a cheap a** vase. to not get a call back shows me they have no respect for the customers and their needs. They screwed up and I want my money back.

meganm50
4/21/16

After 3 weeks , never did my order get delivered. Spoke with "customer service" every day for almost a week. Same story over and over again. Everyone promises to take full responsibility, get this taken care of and call you tomorrow to confirm everything has been taken care of.

Unfortunately, no one ever actually follows up and you can never actually get back through to anyone you have spoken with. The florist name and customer service extention numbers are all top secret.

Order never delivered and after 1 manager refunded and promised to re deliver (it never was), two separate employees tried to charge me again to get it re-set up to deliver!

Then I found out that customer service lied about ever calling the florist to follow up after days and days of many people saying they were calling the florist. No sense of urgency, same hollow script is followed by all just to basically put you off for another day. What an AWFUL experience.

tarap21
4/1/16

Ordered a large, expensive beautiful arrangement for my mom in the hospital. The picture she sent me made me want to cry! It was cheap, flimsy, shoddy and embarrassing! I paid over $100 for a bouquet when I have bought more beautiful ones for $20 at my local grocery store. It looked NOTHING like the one on the website. That one was lush and filled with tons of roses and lilies! This one had about 4 roses and few carnations and maybe 1 lily! It was mostly greenery and leaves with a cheap, ugly bow on it! SO ANGRY!!!!! I only wish I had done research beforehand. There are SO many bad reviews for this company, I feel like an idiot for not knowing how horrible they are! Never, ever again! Next time, I will just send a card and take them flowers when I see them. Why are they still in business?

angelaa57
3/31/16

I ordered a flower arrangement for my daughters Birthday a week before her birthday and never was delivered. I called early in the morning to ask when the flowers were going to be delivered and the customer service said that it was ready for delivery and delivery schedule was until 7:00 PM at night; I called about 5:00 PM because the flowers still missing and called at 7:08 PM to cancel the order but no one was there! Unbelievable, HORRIBLE SERVICE, 1800-FLOWERS ONLY CARE ABOUT THE MONEY NOT ABOUT THE CUSTOMER!! WHO WANTS TO RECEIVED FLOWERS AT THE END OF THE DAY ON THE SPECIAL DAY??? NO ONE! or NOT EVEN RECEIVING ANYTHING AT ALL!! NO ONE!

PLEASE CLOSE THE BUSINESS, 1800-FLOWERS IS WORTHLESS STAY AWAY!!!

richm216
3/30/16

DO NOT use this service! They are the most incompetent people Iv'e ever dealt with. I've used them a number of times and each time its NOTHING but AGGRAVATION!! I'm so pissed off at the quality of flowers delivered and the HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE customer service that I cant even go into what I've had to deal with. ALL I CAN SAY IS SAVE YOUR MONEY AND USE A LOCAL SERVICE!!! These people SUCK!

ax344
3/15/16

Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service. Very rude and all around a terrible business.

peters222
3/14/16

My wife had to head out on a business trip, so the kids and I decided to surprise her with a bouquet of flowers to her hotel in Maryland. I wanted to be sure that the order would arrive the same day, so I called it in and spoke to a representative. The representative assured me it would be left at the concierge desk and delivered upon her arrival. Needless to say, it wasn't delivered until the next day. Several calls to the customer service department, and they could CARE LESS! I WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN!!! NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

naj51
3/12/16

I ordered a fruit bouquet for my mom's birthday. On the day I called them around 4pm and was told that they have up to 7pm to deliver. Well 7pm came and no delivery. Called back and customer service aid the place is closed. Call back the next day and was told that the shop the order was coming from was disabled and not able to make the products and that the head office was informed even though my request was sent there. They apologize and Gabe me back my shipping fee. They then called a nearby shop who stated they could deliver in two days. Two days came and went but not delivery again. I called and told them I want to cancel the order. The young lady called my mom to apologize about the situation which was nice but they still ruined my gift for my mom's 75th birthday. They offered a $20 coupon but I told them to keep it as I will never again order from them. I am so upset and disappointed.

marym293
2/18/16

I have been promised flowers and got a call from Hawaii saying that delivery would be today....Yes, It's Feb 18th.....Valentines Day was Feb 14th...right.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE.

angelac76
2/18/16

My husband ordered an arrangement of roses and Callalilies for Valentine's Day. I cut the stems at an angle and put them in water promptly. The face they came with, by the way, appeared to be an old vase. It had blemishes all over it. The next day they appeared to be dying. The top part of each Callalily was brown and the roses drooped. I repeated the stem cutting process, freshened the water but to no avail. I threw them out day three, along with the vase.

nicholasd19
2/17/16

Did you have a bad shopping experience with a florist this Valentine's Day? BCA can help you with a complaint: http://www.checkbca.org/blog/2016/2/purchasing-flowers-online--nipping-problems-in-the-bud-322

mm197

WATCH OUT IF YOU COMPLAIN ENOUGH THEY BLOCK YOUR FB ACCOUNT SO YOU CANT COMMENT

BUYER BEWARE THEY DONT STAND BY INDEPENDENT STORES ordered from 1-800-flowers Astoria Retail Store 718-204-2400 35-19 Broadway, Astoria NY

Ordered 5 dozen different colored roses in 5 different vases for my fiancée for V-day paid almost $500 for them .... what she received was maybe 4 dozen mediocre roses in 1 vase, these flowers were suppose to be extra special its 5 years since we met and for 4 out of the 5 i have been on deployment, but that is not the worst part I called to see what went wrong and they said they would ship new ones out yesterday but they never did so I called again this morning and was told my girl refused delivery because she couldn't carry them, but they never sent them so how could she refuse, of course they blame the driver that they would not let me speak to and call my fiancée a liar.
This company is a bunch of liars and crooks and no respect for soldiers

charityl2
2/15/16

We use this site often. Within the last 6 months the flowers are not the high quality they once were. They will replace them, but the replacement hadn't been better lately....

vickyc11
2/15/16

If it was possible to give no stars, I would. I placed an order on 2/8/2016 to receive flowers on 2/23/2016. I received a phone call from a company rep today,(a whole week later), stating I could not have the flowers delivered on that date. That the flowers could ONLY be delivered this Thursday, the 18th. When I told the rep no one would be home that day to receive the flowers I asked about Friday. I was told , "No". I asked why I could not receive the flowers on the date I requested, but did not get a satisfactory answer.

I asked about delivery on Saturday, was told "Yes", but it would cost me an additional $29.99. I told the rep to just forget it then, and I want a refund of what I paid. He said he was sorry, and that was the end of the conversation.

A couple minutes later the rep calls me back to tell me they will reduce the delivery fee on Saturday to $19.99. I again said, "Forget it, I'm not paying any more money." I told him to just refund my money, then added I will not be placing any future orders, you lost a customer.

When you are on their website ,I don't understand why a person is allowed to have flowers delivered on a certain date, and they later call you and tell you that you cannot have them delivered on the date you selected. For God's sake, do not allow a person to be able to select dates in the future. If you only allow delivery 1 1/2 weeks ahead, then why was I allowed to place delivery three weeks ahead?
This is no way to retain customers. Shoddy at best..
Oh, and just like others, I was offered a $20 savings pass on a future order. Big deal, this doesn't solve my issue.
I feel sorry for the phone rep. He was polite, probably reading off script.
Update: it is 4/25/16. I'm still waiting for a satisfactory resolution and any response from this company. I got a response after this review, I replied, then never heard back. No surprise there.

martip2
2/14/16

They never delivered the flowers, never refunded my money. This happened for a personal delivery and one for my company. WORST LIARS EVER!! Once I post here, I will send an email to the BBB.

michaelk139
2/12/16

I ordered the Fair Trade Red Roses & Daisies from 1800flowers.com. The flowers were delivered by Federal Express and left in a snowbank in front of my house. Upon opening the box it was clear that the flowers were arranged as pictured on their website, nor were there enough daisies to replicate the picture if I could arrange flowers. The customer service offered to re-deliver the same thing or credit 50% of my order price. I asked if they could have a local florist arrange and deliver the flowers since Federal Express boxed flowers were not acceptable for the price. A completely different arrangement of flowers was delivered and I was told that a local florist could not deliver roses for the price that was quoted on their website. They offered no other solutions to this problem. I attempted to reach their corporate office and was redirected to customer service.

johnd503
2/12/16

FLowers never come the way they show it in the picture. The flowers were dead. What a waste of money. I never write reviews but I HAD TO with this company. Spent 90 dollars and got $#*!ty flowers/roses. what a joke. Please don't waste your money people. Look for a local florist.

davidt164
1/23/16

on january 8 we called for a floral arrangement for our grandmothers funeral. 1800flowers promised delivery by the ceremony date of january 10th. on january 9th 1800flowers called us 7 times to confirm the address, and on the last call we conferenced in the site of the ceremony for them to confirm directly with 1800 flowers the address. On january 11th the day of the ceremony we call to see if the arrangement had arrived and 1800flowers told us the arrangement was never made because that address doesn't exist. no they have offered us a fruit basket to apologies for making us seem like we did not make any arrangement for our grandmothers funeral ceremony

edd786
1/13/16

I ordered two live gardenia plants for Thanksgiving day to be used as our table centerpiece. the description said they would be in full bloom.
The two arrangements arrived and neither was in bloom and 1 was half dead. I had to go to Publix supermarket and buy two additional centerpieces for our table.
I notified 1-800 and they felt giving me a 50% refund and additional monies towards buying something else from them would be sufficient. I will never use 1-800-flowers again. if I am going to get nothing for my money I would rather give it to a charity than to a greedy corp. who advertises that they will provide a service but does not follow through with their promise nor take full responsibility.

pennyg10
1/4/16

I used them for Mother's day and they didn't deliver until 4 days after. Only let me know the day before they were supposed to deliver so I did not have time to get another delivery. Then I used them for a Christmas arrangement and they couldn't deliver as well. Said they could deliver in May for Xmas for crying out loud! The Xmas one was a different person and also different city than the Mother's day incident 6 months earlier. At least I had to time to get another arrangement sent by FTD.com and it was right on time!! Will never, ever use them even if it is free!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use unless you don't want flowers delivered on time.

alikg
12/30/15

6 years ago they delivered flowers to me a day late to a train station in Manhattan (!!).
the other day I ordered flowers for my grandma's birthday and figured I'll try these guys again. Bad decision...
I places 2 orders under the same order number. My mistake was that i put a wrong date. So I called their customer service right away to tell them that i want a date changed. Told them order number, the right date, got an OK and went happily for the rest of my day. Little that I know that the genius on the other side of the line only changed delivery date on one part the orders. the other part of the order was never delivered...
There won't be a 3rd time

carmenr31
12/26/15

Order online Christmas centerpiece. Ask for the deliver on Christmas eve. Never arrived call and was told they contacted the florist and will be delivered (WAS NOT)... Still nothing. . SO I Called again and said there will be a delivery on Christmas day ( didn't believe that) of course I was right. Still nothing! So you would think they will be delivered on the 26th. NOPE!!! and I called now 3rd time with the "customer service" person said maybe you have canceled and called somewhere else. WOW REALLY???? The people work there knows the service is terrible and is suggesting shopping elsewhere. I will never ever order from there again and I will tell everyone I know and don't know to never order from here. I will post on on social.media not to use 1800 flowers ever.

deborahf16
12/22/15

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL! Ordered Christmas centerpiece, received confirmation of delivery only to find out there was no delivery. Called customer service (outsourced to India) and was told they could not provide any information but would ensure another arrangement would go out. Repeatedly asked why I got a confirmation and was then put on hold ...individual came back on and told me the local florist had left the arrangement at the wrong home and would go out to retrieve and deliver to the correct address. I requested a confirmation email and was told "we cannot do that', then I asked for a partial refund for the trouble and was then told, the delivery people had until 7 pm to complete the pickup and re-delivery. NEVER will use this useless , scamming, incompetent service again. BEWARE!!!!

annr32
12/22/15

This is the second year in a row that 1-800 Flowers failed to deliver what I ordered. When you pay $80 plus dollars for a flower arrangement you expect the company to get it right. I called them today and told them to come pick up the "wrong flower" arrangement that they sent to my mother and refund my money. They tried telling me that they would deliver the ones I ordered tomorrow. I told them no way. Pick up the flowers and send me a refund. So they are sending me a refund. I will never deal with this company again. Very disappointed with them just like last year.

kevinm150
11/24/15

Don't use them - call a local florist yourself.(that's all they do)

Roses are red, violets are blue, 1800flowers will screw you.

Site jabber you should implement a 0 rating just for companies like this.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this place - you won't get what your paying for

williamb153
10/26/15

Awful.

I placed my order on 10/21 to have flowers delivered to my wife's job for our anniversary which is today.

Around noon, I hadn't heard from her. Thinking this was odd, I logged in to track my order, only to find there was no tracking information.

Even more suspicious, immediately after checking the tracking, I get an email from the company stating that the order had just been sent to the florist. At 12:30 in the afternoon.

Not ready to flip out just yet, I wait a couple hours. I finally get a text from my wife - and no mention of the flowers. She's just telling me that, due to a slow day, she may go home early.

So now I do flip out. I get off the phone with her, and call 1-800-FLOWERS. All this person can tell me is that the order went to the local florist and was on the truck. At one point, this person was trying to tell me that the florist had reported it as delivered already - meanwhile there was still no tracking/delivery information in their system. I demanded they contact the florist again, and ensure that the order make it there before 4pm and that I was to be informed immediately upon delivery.

At 4pm, I called again. This representative then tried to tell me that for businesses, they had until 5pm to make delivery unless an earlier delivery time was specified. I then called her out for essentially telling me that it was my fault that the item was not delivered on time, despite there being no option for special requests/delivery times at the website. Only the message that it would be delivered "on or before" the delivery date. She attempted to backpedal, stating that the "representative should have specified" that I had the option to schedule an early delivery. I told her, once again, that I placed my order via the website and nothing indicated that the delivery would be so late.

She then offered to call the florist while I held. When she came back, she told me that it had gone out on the truck around 1:30pm, but couldn't tell me when it would arrive. It was at this point I told her to cancel my order and refund my money. That i could stop at a florist and buy flowers on the way home for less money. I was put on hold again.

She came back and told me that the order was cancelled and that I should see the refund within the next few days, but then tried to push the blame on this imaginary "agent" that I originally spoke to. I told her that her excuses did nothing to improve the situation and hung up.

As I was writing this, I got a call from their customer service claiming that the order was delivered. I told this person that I hadn't heard from my wife, so either the florist was lying, or they delivered it to the wrong place. Either way, I would not be paying.

Awful service. Will never use again. Will post this review in as many places as I can.

amyc32
10/20/15

I had a very difficult time trying to get them to fix the mess they made of getting flowers to my Aunt's funeral. I ordered online without a problem, assured they would be delivered. Then received a call from the flower shop saying they were too far away to get the flowers to the funeral. Then they said they didn't have what we picked out (which was ok, we were willing to substitute). But they could not guarantee by funeral date. So why take the order? I called customer service who hem hawed around and said they would deliver the next day. I received an email saying they were delivered and then one saying they were not. I didn't want to bother my Aunt's family over this so I called again. Again they seemed to have no idea of what was going on. I calmly explained the situation. No flowers delivered to Aunt's funeral is looking bad and I felt horrible. They could not tell me if they were delivered and if so, where. I said we need to find them as fu real flowers are time sensitive. The woman offered to call my Aunt to see if she received them. Then I knew they were not listening because if they had, they would know this was impossible as my Aunt had passed away, hence the need for the flowers. By this time I just asked for a refund. $75 is a lot to spend to have it botched up so badly that no one could deliver, then they didn't know where they were, then they said they were delivered but weren't only to follow THAT with proof they heard none of my concern because they offered to call the deceased (challenging at the least). They refunded no money and only offered me $20 towards a future purchase (why would I want to purchase w them again?). I would use another service. These people do not care or respect their customers or they would have handled differently.

sandyw37
9/26/15

It's obvious that 1-800-Flowers have out-sourced their customer service to India. The representative was difficult to understand and it was a chore making sure the message on the card was correct since the message was what made that gift make sense. Then, sure enough, it was delivered without the card so they had no idea who it was from. Shame on you 1800 Flowers for cheating people in the US of jobs and the lousy customer service will end up costing you whatever you think you're saving by out-sourcing. Such foolish corporate thinking!! Doesn't matter to me now. I will be using my local florists from now on.

Tip for consumers: As an update to my first review, I called 1-800 Flowers to complain about no card delivery. They were very apologetic and said they would re-send the seed for a remembrance tree in honor of a friend that just passed away. They resent it, alright, and again there was no card with it!!!!

In addition the 2 pots they sent supposedly containing a seed for a large tree have not sprouted so the nearly $60 I spent on it was a complete waste of time and money. I will for sure never use 1-8

daliaa
9/23/15

I am so dissapointed with 1-800-flowers. The service is an absolute disgrace! The agents are not trustworthy and the service is not reliable. I have spoken to 6 agents because my order was not delivered on time. From dropped calls to empty promises, my flowers were yet to be delivered. I am going to file a complaint with thr better business bearou againat this company. Never have I been this frustrated when dealing with an online order. Not only did they nkt deliver the flowers on my parents anniversary, I have promised them that the flowers would be there the next day (because that's what I was promised) but they did NOT get anu flowers. I could have ordered the flowers from a differenr company. NEVER EVER ORDER FROM 1-800 FLOWERS. They are SO UNRELIABLE and extremely unprofessional!!!!

joannes29
9/11/15

On Tuesday, I called to order flowers to be sent to my boss' aunt's funeral on Friday. I spoke with someone, as they needed to be delivered by 9:00am. I could hardly understand him, as his accent was so heavy. On Friday morning, I received a call from 1-800-Flowers, telling me that the florist had canceled the order that morning. The person calling, as well as her supervisor, had very heavy accents. The supervisor offered to send flowers to a home, but we didn't have an address. My boss hit the roof and I could have lost my job. I will NEVER order from them again.

danao10
8/30/15

I ordered an arrangement for a funeral, paid extra for it to be delivered the next day. It was not delivered and they assured me repeatedly it would be delivered the following day. This went on for 3 days and I finally cancelled the order. They assured me they would give a full refund; now, they refuse, saying they did not charge me the amount shown on my credit card statement and on my order confirmation. They said what is on the credit card statement "is what the bank shows, not what we charged." Told me the supervisor was busy and couldn't take my call.

carolt25
5/11/15

Horrible company. Will never use again. Ordered and paid for flowers for Mother's Day. Flowers were scheduled to deliver on Saturday before Mothers Day and never were delivered. It wasn't until I called that they told me their florists couldn't fill the order on time. So they said they would deliver on Monday and here it is 7pm and still no flowers. So I called again and was told that they are trying really hard to get them delivered by 9pm. A lot of good that does when Mother's Day is over. Maybe they should have tried really hard before the holiday. Horrible company!!!

helenb40
5/11/15

Horrible place to shop! The service was not fulfilled claiming the paypal account(?) was not valid and claimed they left a message on my mobile phone(?) to inform me of non-delivery;

I asked them what info they have for my paypal account they said it was already deleted(deleted why?) and left a message on my mobile(I offer them to the incoming and outgoing records of my Verizon account but instead offer me to give them forms of payment and they will deliver it(what a joke!).

I will never shop on this site again...never!

No star at all should be provided to this type of company

keeh
5/11/15

"DO NOT ORDER FROM 1-800-FLOWERS. I recently placed an order with this company on the 8th of May for two bouquets of flowers for mother's day. A few hours later I received a call from the company stating that the bouquets could not be made because the flowers weren't in stock with my local florist. I was told that the ENTIRE order was canceled and that the money would be placed back onto my card. After this, I went with a company called Pro Flowers. They delivered my flowers and everything worked out well with this company. I then get an e-mail from 1-800-Flowers saying that a bouquet of flowers had been delivered to my grandmother. Turns out that only ONE of my orders was canceled even though I was told by 1-800-Flowers that my FULL order was canceled. They will not refund my money or do anything at all even though it was their sales associates fault. Their phone calls are outsourced to India or somewhere overseas. I was on hold for over an hour and a half and they helped me in no way at all and wouldn't let me speak with a manager. I have now lost $70.00 dollars because of this and ended up having to pay for double the amount of flowers because of their mistake. Please stay away from them!"

sh7360
5/11/15

On 05/07/2015 I ordered a gift basket for Mothers Day 05/10/2015.
When it didn't arrive, I called customer service and was told how sorry they were and it would be delivered next week, because I didn't order in time for the 10th.
I was not informed at the time I placed the order that it could not be delivered by the 10th.
If they had told me, I would not have spent my $200.00 with them. So the order was scheduled for delivery on or before 05/09/2015 the day before Mothers Day.
Still upset I called again today 05/11/2015 and was told it will be delivered tomorrow the 12th.
When I called customer service I actually got no resolution or satisfaction. All I ended up with was an over seas phone bank with a foreigner telling me how sorry they were, and I should calm down because, its better late than never and, my Mother will still be surprised.
ONE THING IS FOR SURE. IF THERES A CHOICE BETWEEN 1800 FLOWERS OR NO FLOWERS, I WILL NOT BE SENDING FLOWERS. DONOT USE THESE PEOPLE. SAVE YOURSELF AND YOUR MONEY!

nirvaj
5/10/15

Ordered my mom flowers for Mother's Day on 5/8 for delivery on 5/9. The order was never delivered and worst of all they never communicated this information. I called them the following day because their website only had " exception" in the tracking field. I find out the order was not delivered. I called waited on hold for 20 mins first rep hung up on me. I had my BF call because I didn't want to be rude because I was fuming. They tell him it was not field because the florist cancelled but would get it their on 5/10 guess what? It wasn't delivered on Mother's Day. So mom got nothing and I'm away so I couldn't go get her something. I called them and they got a nice piece of my mind. I will never ever order from them.

lt24
5/10/15

Ordered flowers for my mother who is in an assisted living facility for Mother's Day. Flowers arrived on time, but apparently she was sent the vase and the flowers with the understanding that she would put it together. Really? I spent $80.00 and they can't even come arranged? Plus flowers were nearly dead upon arrival. I will NEVER use 1-800 Flowers ever again. I could have gone to the supermarket and gotten enough flowers with $80.00 to decorate her entire room. And the flowers would have arrived fresh and probably lasted for a while. DO NOT USE 1800fLOWERS...EVER! Pick them along the side of the road if you have to. Probably better selection.

superd3
5/10/15

This company is the WORST!!!!!! I made my mother stay home all day the day before Mothers Day to wait for her flowers and she received NOTHING!!!!! What's more is this company LIED and said that an attempted delivery was made. It wasn't because 3 people were home ALL DAY!!! Then I was told that there are no deliveries on Sunday!!!!! So my only gift to my mother on Mother's Day was COMPLETELY RUINED!!!!!!!! Total incompetency!!!! And now all I ask is for an email confirming the cancellation of this order and I can't even get THAT!!!!!!!!!! I AM NEVER ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

kellyw46
5/9/15

This company is terrible. My kids sent me flowers for Mother's Day. They were supposedly delivered and they even said the name that signed for them. They were never delivered!!! I was home the whole time! When we tried to find out who the florist was that supposedly delivered them we were told they couldn't share that information!! Come to find out the call was being answered in the Philippines!!!! I spoke with a local florist who won't have anything to do with processing orders from them because of how they do business. She has heard this story before. They charge just to take your order, never deliver it but if u call they make up stuff that they did deliver. Sounds like 110% profit to me. Mother's Day is tomorrow. My kids are out money. No delivery to me today and they can't "fix" till Monday IF its their fault???? DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY GOOGLE A LOCAL FLORIST AND USE THEM IF YOU WANT YOUR FLOWERS DELIVERED!!!

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
1/24/16
Answer
kellyw46
A: Service is terrible! Will never use them or reccomend to anyone! Use your local florist
1/26/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other customers.

1-800-Flowers?