US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mariec

However, I complained about it and ended up receiving a full refund for this particular order. (in 51 reviews)

melissah2

I'd use them again if I had to but it's better to just call a local florist and not pay the markup these guess charge. (in 22 reviews)

user337

Order number was emailed to me, verified and chrged to my credit card. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

davidt164
1/23/16

on january 8 we called for a floral arrangement for our grandmothers funeral. 1800flowers promised delivery by the ceremony date of january 10th. on january 9th 1800flowers called us 7 times to confirm the address, and on the last call we conferenced in the site of the ceremony for them to confirm directly with 1800 flowers the address. On january 11th the day of the ceremony we call to see if the arrangement had arrived and 1800flowers told us the arrangement was never made because that address doesn't exist. no they have offered us a fruit basket to apologies for making us seem like we did not make any arrangement for our grandmothers funeral ceremony

edd786
1/13/16

I ordered two live gardenia plants for Thanksgiving day to be used as our table centerpiece. the description said they would be in full bloom.
The two arrangements arrived and neither was in bloom and 1 was half dead. I had to go to Publix supermarket and buy two additional centerpieces for our table.
I notified 1-800 and they felt giving me a 50% refund and additional monies towards buying something else from them would be sufficient. I will never use 1-800-flowers again. if I am going to get nothing for my money I would rather give it to a charity than to a greedy corp. who advertises that they will provide a service but does not follow through with their promise nor take full responsibility.

pennyg10
1/4/16

I used them for Mother's day and they didn't deliver until 4 days after. Only let me know the day before they were supposed to deliver so I did not have time to get another delivery. Then I used them for a Christmas arrangement and they couldn't deliver as well. Said they could deliver in May for Xmas for crying out loud! The Xmas one was a different person and also different city than the Mother's day incident 6 months earlier. At least I had to time to get another arrangement sent by FTD.com and it was right on time!! Will never, ever use them even if it is free!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use unless you don't want flowers delivered on time.

alikg
12/30/15

6 years ago they delivered flowers to me a day late to a train station in Manhattan (!!).
the other day I ordered flowers for my grandma's birthday and figured I'll try these guys again. Bad decision...
I places 2 orders under the same order number. My mistake was that i put a wrong date. So I called their customer service right away to tell them that i want a date changed. Told them order number, the right date, got an OK and went happily for the rest of my day. Little that I know that the genius on the other side of the line only changed delivery date on one part the orders. the other part of the order was never delivered...
There won't be a 3rd time

carmenr31
12/26/15

Order online Christmas centerpiece. Ask for the deliver on Christmas eve. Never arrived call and was told they contacted the florist and will be delivered (WAS NOT)... Still nothing. . SO I Called again and said there will be a delivery on Christmas day ( didn't believe that) of course I was right. Still nothing! So you would think they will be delivered on the 26th. NOPE!!! and I called now 3rd time with the "customer service" person said maybe you have canceled and called somewhere else. WOW REALLY???? The people work there knows the service is terrible and is suggesting shopping elsewhere. I will never ever order from there again and I will tell everyone I know and don't know to never order from here. I will post on on social.media not to use 1800 flowers ever.

deborahf16
12/22/15

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL! Ordered Christmas centerpiece, received confirmation of delivery only to find out there was no delivery. Called customer service (outsourced to India) and was told they could not provide any information but would ensure another arrangement would go out. Repeatedly asked why I got a confirmation and was then put on hold ...individual came back on and told me the local florist had left the arrangement at the wrong home and would go out to retrieve and deliver to the correct address. I requested a confirmation email and was told "we cannot do that', then I asked for a partial refund for the trouble and was then told, the delivery people had until 7 pm to complete the pickup and re-delivery. NEVER will use this useless , scamming, incompetent service again. BEWARE!!!!

annr32
12/22/15

This is the second year in a row that 1-800 Flowers failed to deliver what I ordered. When you pay $80 plus dollars for a flower arrangement you expect the company to get it right. I called them today and told them to come pick up the "wrong flower" arrangement that they sent to my mother and refund my money. They tried telling me that they would deliver the ones I ordered tomorrow. I told them no way. Pick up the flowers and send me a refund. So they are sending me a refund. I will never deal with this company again. Very disappointed with them just like last year.

kevinm150
11/24/15

Don't use them - call a local florist

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this place - you won't get what your paying for

williamb153
10/26/15

Awful.

I placed my order on 10/21 to have flowers delivered to my wife's job for our anniversary which is today.

Around noon, I hadn't heard from her. Thinking this was odd, I logged in to track my order, only to find there was no tracking information.

Even more suspicious, immediately after checking the tracking, I get an email from the company stating that the order had just been sent to the florist. At 12:30 in the afternoon.

Not ready to flip out just yet, I wait a couple hours. I finally get a text from my wife - and no mention of the flowers. She's just telling me that, due to a slow day, she may go home early.

So now I do flip out. I get off the phone with her, and call 1-800-FLOWERS. All this person can tell me is that the order went to the local florist and was on the truck. At one point, this person was trying to tell me that the florist had reported it as delivered already - meanwhile there was still no tracking/delivery information in their system. I demanded they contact the florist again, and ensure that the order make it there before 4pm and that I was to be informed immediately upon delivery.

At 4pm, I called again. This representative then tried to tell me that for businesses, they had until 5pm to make delivery unless an earlier delivery time was specified. I then called her out for essentially telling me that it was my fault that the item was not delivered on time, despite there being no option for special requests/delivery times at the website. Only the message that it would be delivered "on or before" the delivery date. She attempted to backpedal, stating that the "representative should have specified" that I had the option to schedule an early delivery. I told her, once again, that I placed my order via the website and nothing indicated that the delivery would be so late.

She then offered to call the florist while I held. When she came back, she told me that it had gone out on the truck around 1:30pm, but couldn't tell me when it would arrive. It was at this point I told her to cancel my order and refund my money. That i could stop at a florist and buy flowers on the way home for less money. I was put on hold again.

She came back and told me that the order was cancelled and that I should see the refund within the next few days, but then tried to push the blame on this imaginary "agent" that I originally spoke to. I told her that her excuses did nothing to improve the situation and hung up.

As I was writing this, I got a call from their customer service claiming that the order was delivered. I told this person that I hadn't heard from my wife, so either the florist was lying, or they delivered it to the wrong place. Either way, I would not be paying.

Awful service. Will never use again. Will post this review in as many places as I can.

amyc32
10/20/15

I had a very difficult time trying to get them to fix the mess they made of getting flowers to my Aunt's funeral. I ordered online without a problem, assured they would be delivered. Then received a call from the flower shop saying they were too far away to get the flowers to the funeral. Then they said they didn't have what we picked out (which was ok, we were willing to substitute). But they could not guarantee by funeral date. So why take the order? I called customer service who hem hawed around and said they would deliver the next day. I received an email saying they were delivered and then one saying they were not. I didn't want to bother my Aunt's family over this so I called again. Again they seemed to have no idea of what was going on. I calmly explained the situation. No flowers delivered to Aunt's funeral is looking bad and I felt horrible. They could not tell me if they were delivered and if so, where. I said we need to find them as fu real flowers are time sensitive. The woman offered to call my Aunt to see if she received them. Then I knew they were not listening because if they had, they would know this was impossible as my Aunt had passed away, hence the need for the flowers. By this time I just asked for a refund. $75 is a lot to spend to have it botched up so badly that no one could deliver, then they didn't know where they were, then they said they were delivered but weren't only to follow THAT with proof they heard none of my concern because they offered to call the deceased (challenging at the least). They refunded no money and only offered me $20 towards a future purchase (why would I want to purchase w them again?). I would use another service. These people do not care or respect their customers or they would have handled differently.

sandyw37
9/26/15

It's obvious that 1-800-Flowers have out-sourced their customer service to India. The representative was difficult to understand and it was a chore making sure the message on the card was correct since the message was what made that gift make sense. Then, sure enough, it was delivered without the card so they had no idea who it was from. Shame on you 1800 Flowers for cheating people in the US of jobs and the lousy customer service will end up costing you whatever you think you're saving by out-sourcing. Such foolish corporate thinking!! Doesn't matter to me now. I will be using my local florists from now on.

Tip for consumers: As an update to my first review, I called 1-800 Flowers to complain about no card delivery. They were very apologetic and said they would re-send the seed for a remembrance tree in honor of a friend that just passed away. They resent it, alright, and again there was no card with it!!!!

In addition the 2 pots they sent supposedly containing a seed for a large tree have not sprouted so the nearly $60 I spent on it was a complete waste of time and money. I will for sure never use 1-8

daliaa
9/23/15

I am so dissapointed with 1-800-flowers. The service is an absolute disgrace! The agents are not trustworthy and the service is not reliable. I have spoken to 6 agents because my order was not delivered on time. From dropped calls to empty promises, my flowers were yet to be delivered. I am going to file a complaint with thr better business bearou againat this company. Never have I been this frustrated when dealing with an online order. Not only did they nkt deliver the flowers on my parents anniversary, I have promised them that the flowers would be there the next day (because that's what I was promised) but they did NOT get anu flowers. I could have ordered the flowers from a differenr company. NEVER EVER ORDER FROM 1-800 FLOWERS. They are SO UNRELIABLE and extremely unprofessional!!!!

joannes29
9/11/15

On Tuesday, I called to order flowers to be sent to my boss' aunt's funeral on Friday. I spoke with someone, as they needed to be delivered by 9:00am. I could hardly understand him, as his accent was so heavy. On Friday morning, I received a call from 1-800-Flowers, telling me that the florist had canceled the order that morning. The person calling, as well as her supervisor, had very heavy accents. The supervisor offered to send flowers to a home, but we didn't have an address. My boss hit the roof and I could have lost my job. I will NEVER order from them again.

danao10
8/30/15

I ordered an arrangement for a funeral, paid extra for it to be delivered the next day. It was not delivered and they assured me repeatedly it would be delivered the following day. This went on for 3 days and I finally cancelled the order. They assured me they would give a full refund; now, they refuse, saying they did not charge me the amount shown on my credit card statement and on my order confirmation. They said what is on the credit card statement "is what the bank shows, not what we charged." Told me the supervisor was busy and couldn't take my call.

carolt25
5/11/15

Horrible company. Will never use again. Ordered and paid for flowers for Mother's Day. Flowers were scheduled to deliver on Saturday before Mothers Day and never were delivered. It wasn't until I called that they told me their florists couldn't fill the order on time. So they said they would deliver on Monday and here it is 7pm and still no flowers. So I called again and was told that they are trying really hard to get them delivered by 9pm. A lot of good that does when Mother's Day is over. Maybe they should have tried really hard before the holiday. Horrible company!!!

helenb40
5/11/15

Horrible place to shop! The service was not fulfilled claiming the paypal account(?) was not valid and claimed they left a message on my mobile phone(?) to inform me of non-delivery;

I asked them what info they have for my paypal account they said it was already deleted(deleted why?) and left a message on my mobile(I offer them to the incoming and outgoing records of my Verizon account but instead offer me to give them forms of payment and they will deliver it(what a joke!).

I will never shop on this site again...never!

No star at all should be provided to this type of company

keeh
5/11/15

"DO NOT ORDER FROM 1-800-FLOWERS. I recently placed an order with this company on the 8th of May for two bouquets of flowers for mother's day. A few hours later I received a call from the company stating that the bouquets could not be made because the flowers weren't in stock with my local florist. I was told that the ENTIRE order was canceled and that the money would be placed back onto my card. After this, I went with a company called Pro Flowers. They delivered my flowers and everything worked out well with this company. I then get an e-mail from 1-800-Flowers saying that a bouquet of flowers had been delivered to my grandmother. Turns out that only ONE of my orders was canceled even though I was told by 1-800-Flowers that my FULL order was canceled. They will not refund my money or do anything at all even though it was their sales associates fault. Their phone calls are outsourced to India or somewhere overseas. I was on hold for over an hour and a half and they helped me in no way at all and wouldn't let me speak with a manager. I have now lost $70.00 dollars because of this and ended up having to pay for double the amount of flowers because of their mistake. Please stay away from them!"

sh7360
5/11/15

On 05/07/2015 I ordered a gift basket for Mothers Day 05/10/2015.
When it didn't arrive, I called customer service and was told how sorry they were and it would be delivered next week, because I didn't order in time for the 10th.
I was not informed at the time I placed the order that it could not be delivered by the 10th.
If they had told me, I would not have spent my $200.00 with them. So the order was scheduled for delivery on or before 05/09/2015 the day before Mothers Day.
Still upset I called again today 05/11/2015 and was told it will be delivered tomorrow the 12th.
When I called customer service I actually got no resolution or satisfaction. All I ended up with was an over seas phone bank with a foreigner telling me how sorry they were, and I should calm down because, its better late than never and, my Mother will still be surprised.
ONE THING IS FOR SURE. IF THERES A CHOICE BETWEEN 1800 FLOWERS OR NO FLOWERS, I WILL NOT BE SENDING FLOWERS. DONOT USE THESE PEOPLE. SAVE YOURSELF AND YOUR MONEY!

nirvaj
5/10/15

Ordered my mom flowers for Mother's Day on 5/8 for delivery on 5/9. The order was never delivered and worst of all they never communicated this information. I called them the following day because their website only had " exception" in the tracking field. I find out the order was not delivered. I called waited on hold for 20 mins first rep hung up on me. I had my BF call because I didn't want to be rude because I was fuming. They tell him it was not field because the florist cancelled but would get it their on 5/10 guess what? It wasn't delivered on Mother's Day. So mom got nothing and I'm away so I couldn't go get her something. I called them and they got a nice piece of my mind. I will never ever order from them.

lt24
5/10/15

Ordered flowers for my mother who is in an assisted living facility for Mother's Day. Flowers arrived on time, but apparently she was sent the vase and the flowers with the understanding that she would put it together. Really? I spent $80.00 and they can't even come arranged? Plus flowers were nearly dead upon arrival. I will NEVER use 1-800 Flowers ever again. I could have gone to the supermarket and gotten enough flowers with $80.00 to decorate her entire room. And the flowers would have arrived fresh and probably lasted for a while. DO NOT USE 1800fLOWERS...EVER! Pick them along the side of the road if you have to. Probably better selection.

superd3
5/10/15

This company is the WORST!!!!!! I made my mother stay home all day the day before Mothers Day to wait for her flowers and she received NOTHING!!!!! What's more is this company LIED and said that an attempted delivery was made. It wasn't because 3 people were home ALL DAY!!! Then I was told that there are no deliveries on Sunday!!!!! So my only gift to my mother on Mother's Day was COMPLETELY RUINED!!!!!!!! Total incompetency!!!! And now all I ask is for an email confirming the cancellation of this order and I can't even get THAT!!!!!!!!!! I AM NEVER ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

kellyw46
5/9/15

This company is terrible. My kids sent me flowers for Mother's Day. They were supposedly delivered and they even said the name that signed for them. They were never delivered!!! I was home the whole time! When we tried to find out who the florist was that supposedly delivered them we were told they couldn't share that information!! Come to find out the call was being answered in the Philippines!!!! I spoke with a local florist who won't have anything to do with processing orders from them because of how they do business. She has heard this story before. They charge just to take your order, never deliver it but if u call they make up stuff that they did deliver. Sounds like 110% profit to me. Mother's Day is tomorrow. My kids are out money. No delivery to me today and they can't "fix" till Monday IF its their fault???? DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY GOOGLE A LOCAL FLORIST AND USE THEM IF YOU WANT YOUR FLOWERS DELIVERED!!!

walterm36
5/9/15

I order a doc of roses with a base for Mother's Day it looked very pretty online. What a fiasco for 65 dollars they sent a doc of roses in a box and that was it. Horrible experience, call for a refund they refused, I'm working with PayPal to get my money back. Never again terrible products horrible customer service

sarahm128
5/8/15

I ordered mother's day flowers for my mother and sister to be delivered Friday (ample time for arrival by Sunday if any mishaps) through their website. Specifically, I looked only through their offerings for same day/next day delivery to ensure that the flowers would arrive on time. Unfortunately for me, they did not. The morning that they were supposed to be delivered I received a voice message from customer service that the order possibly could not be fulfilled. I called back and spent 20 minutes on hold but was very happy that the agent reassured me that both deliveries were set to be delivered on time. My mother received her flowers. My sister did not. I called back to find out what was going on and after another 20 minutes or so on hold was told that unfortunately the order had not been sent out. Not only am I upset that I had to contact them to find this out, but they were only willing to offer a later delivery date (2 days past Mother's Day) and a $20.00 gift card. In total I spent a little over $100. I will never again use this service.

brendam40
4/19/15

I ordered a beautiful arrangement for my Sister and it arrived. She took a picture of it and emailed me. I was shocked it did not look what i ordered. I called and they claim they where out of certain flower and other things.

Never again

abigailp1
4/6/15

My husband is in the army and stationed overseas. We just celebrated our 10 wedding anniversary on 4-2-2015. I found out today that my husband ordered flowers 10 days before our anniversary date. He even called twice the morning of to make sure they would be delivered to me. They never sent them and never offered him an explanation as to why not. When he complained with numerous emails the following week, they finally offered a refund... And that was it. Nothing else. A deployed soldier wanted to surprise his pregnant wife on their 10 year wedding anniversary. 1-800-flowers... Thank you for not giving a da*n about our special day. You can bet we will NEVER order from you again. And we will be sure to spread the word about your horrible company and even worse customer service.

barryb31
3/30/15

I recently ordered flowers and Harry London chocolates (14oz) for my aunt's 90th birthday. After speaking with 1(800) flowers, I was told the local florist did not have Harry London chocolates, but they would switch to Ghirardelli chocolates (16oz). Upon checking with the local florist, I was told the order would be switched with a 7oz Whitman sampler box; in fact, the local florist did not even have Ghirardelli chocolate (1-800 flowers had simply fabricated a lie). The local florist was kind enough to send 2 - 7oz boxes of Whitman chocolates when she understood what had happened (no thanks to 1-800 flowers who really didn't care what was sent).

I utilize services such as 1-800 Flowers to do nice things for people I care about. When an order is changed to provide a product of lesser quality and quantity it reflects on me and diminishes the gift. In my business, if I can't fill an order, I provide an alternative that is equal or better. I also do the necessary research before offering an alternative to my customer (and I certainly don't promise a 16 oz box of Ghirardelli chocolate and then deliver a 7oz box of drugstore candy).

If you are ordering something for someone you care about or a business associate, I would not entrust 1-800 flowers with the order.

personw
2/15/15

This company asks for contact information for the recipient with the disclaimer that they'll use it only in case of delivery problems. They then IMMEDIATELY tell the recipient the flower are coming. So much for a surprise! I will NEVER use them again.

kathyh34
2/14/15

I sent flowers to my mother in law on Thursday before Valentine's Day to beat the rush. I ordered them over 2 weeks before. They sent my mother-in-law an empty vase with no note and no explanation. When I called them ( on hold over 45 minutes) they said they had run out of the flowers I ordered. They charged me full price and didn't substitute flowers or anything. They just sent an empty vase and a box of candy I had ordered. There is no photo because there were no flowers to take a picture of!

brucem50
2/13/15

this place blows an hour and 20 minutes on hold to talk to customer service with no answer the wrong product shipped at the wrong time at the wrong address it doesn't get any worse this place blows

deatrac
12/22/14

I honestly don't even want to give them one star. We ordered flowers to be delivered and received a confirmation email stating the flowers were delivered. They were not delivered, well if they were then they were delivered to the wrong address. When we contacted them about it the person we spoke to said the flowers were delivered and there is nothing they could do about it. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

maryw62
12/1/14

They don't even deserve ONE star. I placed an order 11/24 for delivery on 11/29 of a hostess gift. Paid extra for Saturday delivery. When I finally got email confirmation, I noticed the wrong delivery date. I called to have it corrected and the soonest it could be delivered was now Dec. 2. Since the people I was sending it to would be in a different residence in December I also asked to change the address. Was promised a confirmation email. I never got it although the customer service rep did give me a new order number. I also sent an email asking for an email confirmation. Never got it. I tried to track the order by the number and noted the address the rep. inputted was incorrect. she had numbers transposed. So I called back and talked to another rep. who assured me the address was changed correctly, and I would get an email confirmation. Surprise - no email confirmation. Tried tracking and kept seeing the incorrect address. I called tonight to verify the address and was told it was being delivered to the wrong address. I again explained and tried to get the address corrected. Now I am told it won't be delivered until Friday. I asked for a manager who was extremely unhelpful, I have asked to cancel and get a refund. I will NEVER order from this company again. The customer service is beyond horrendous. None of the customer service reps are native English speakers, so they are difficult to understand, and apparently they have difficulty understanding as well. I was promised email confirmation on three different occasions, never got a single one. Also tonight I was told they were awaiting an okay from my credit card on my second order. There was never a second order, and my credit card was properly charged for the first one.

judys24
10/5/14

This is wrong place to go if you want flowers delivered. Same day delivery / future delivery, doesn't matter! They take orders, they just don't deliver.

dig20
5/10/14

Sent flowers to the wrong address and refused to take responsibility for it. I have the email confirmations showing that the customer service department was lying to me. They insisted that it was delivered when it had not been.

The product itself (I eventually discovered where they sent it) was disappointing and not worth the price. Broken leaves and flower stems.

This business is fraudulent.

michellec47
3/11/14

I ordered lillies from 1 800 flowers to be delivered the same day. I get a call three hours later saying there was no florist in the area that can deliver, they would have to be delivered the next day. I called the next day to check the status, was put on hold and was hung up on. Called them back and was told that they had to call the florist that was supposed to do the delivery. I was told that the flowers would be delivered this evening BUT they didn't have lillies, it would be a mixture of different flowers. NEVER AGAIN

ericaa2
3/5/14

Received flowers from my husband as a suprise, the person delivering them was extremely rude and the flowers look very cheaply put together, and look nothing like the picture. We are both very disappointed. They were a horrible quality for what we paid. This is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened. We will no longer be using this service.

clarkeb
2/18/14

I ordered a box of chocolate-covered strawberries for my girlfriend, to be delivered on 2/11 (well before Valentine's day and the snowstorm on 2/13). They never arrived. 1-800 flowers never sent a delivery confirmation. Their own tracking number shows no delivery. Yet they have sent five emails insisting they did deliver the item. I have requested a refund multiple times, to no avail. They are a fraudulent company.

mp39
2/16/14

"Your call is important to us so please listen to this distorted elevator music for 90 minutes, then you will be allowed to talk to somebody from India, who's name is Tiffany, that you will not be able to understand and communicate with, who will then continually put you on hold."

karlam5
2/16/14

Worst customer service *ever*. Friends attempted to send a sympathy bouquet. Despite having my cell phone number, they left a tag on my door asking me to call them. I tried to call them for days, only to hear that they were too busy to answer my call and to go online, which I did and left a message there. Two days later, a delivery man brought me dead flowers...I tried to have them returned...he refused, telling me to call the local number. I tried multiple times...no answer. Finally, late last night, I get an email from the corporate offices telling me that I haven't given them enough information to help me. Really? I sent back a not as polite email (I had been very polite up to this point) telling them my thoughts. This morning, I got another email telling me that they appreciated my feedback and look forward to my future business. Not likely. Now how do I write the thank you note to my friends "thank you for the dead flowers I received in honor of my dead family member?"

I have had numerous similar experiences with this company. Please don't use them. Use a local florist instead.

joshuaw17
2/14/14

Delivery was worst. Guy dropped flowers on ground and walked away. Flowers were about 50 to 60 percent broken on the ends at the flower. The flowers were ugly and destroyed.

pattyl4
2/13/14

Yes, I was placing a Valentine's Day arrangement the day before. The delivery charge was $19.99, I was ok with that. After I filled out ALL their information, hit "submit order," then I was told that the price of my arrangement had changed & I had to remove it & place it back in my cart. THEN, I had to fill out ALL the information AGAIN! Now, why did they increase the price of my arrangement when it was already in my cart? Bad Business Practice & don't purchase from this company!

jans51
2/9/14

I ordered a rose plant to arrive before my mom's birthday which was on a Sunday. It did not arrive on the scheduled day. I called and they promised to have a florist send her flowers. Nothing arrived. I called again and they SAID that they would refund the amount of the plant. They DID NOT refund anything. I have received numerous emails from 1800flowers promising to send another gift at no cost to me. When I call, customer service (who can barely speak English) is no at all cooperative and refuses to let me speak to a supervisor. In fact, this last time, they hung up. Do not waste your time or money on 1800flowers. Crooks!

joes417
2/8/14

We order a standing basket for a funeral on 2/6 for a graveside service the next day. We were assured they would be on time. Of course, they never showed up. My wife's mother ended up with no flowers at her funeral. Stay far away from this company. Our "Sympathy Advisor" was a girl with bad English reading a script in a foreign boiler room. They have offered a full refund, but there are so many complaints on the web about a refund not going through, I am contacting my credit card company.

patrician8
2/6/14

I ordered a big bouquet of lilies as a surprise for my daughter's birthday. Not only did they call HER (instead of me) to confirm the delivery address - ruining the "surprise", but the tiny bouquet arrived in a PLASTIC BAG - no vase and didn't contain even one lily! The only good thing I can say ... after writing them an email and calling customer service twice, they are refunding my money. Oh well. Live and learn.

birdf6
2/5/14

I wish I have read this reviews before, sadly I was hooked to them by an Amazon's promotion. Since all the reviews I have read say that product never arrives on time, I could not take any risk and disappoint my wife on valentines' day, so I proceeded to cancel my order.
It takes hours to get to them on their 1800 number, plus people that work there does not seem to have proper training on how to handle cancellations at all.
Their cancellation process is very obscure and they like to play with your money. Since I paid a part using a promotion by Amazon, they did Not want to return that money, according to them, the promotion was applied and they couldn't , How? if I canceled my order., but luckily Amazon did respond and return that part.
The other part (big) of the cost of the flowers was taken from my Paypal account, they said that they would send a cancellation email which I never got and refund my money. Since I had not receive any I escalated this to a dispute.

Beware do not buy from them.

jillf8
2/5/14

beware... and check your credit card statement after the order. I was charged way more on my credit card than the order was for. And, when I called customer service to dispute I could not get through to the billing department. I would explain the whole thing to the customer service person, they would transfer me, and then I was left on hold with no one picking up. I spent nearly an hour on the phone and never got through. This may be their scam, so you give up trying. I took the route of going through my credit card company to dispute. Will never use them again.

kellym60
1/30/14

Finally after a lot of back and forth they returned my money and sent out a fresh arraignment!!

waynec11
1/30/14

I went there to buy a rose for my wife's birthday. They do not show price with shipping. So I chatted in the little box with a representative. She was nice and said she could help. Took my info and a few minutes later gave me a total of $29.32. I questioned her twice on if that was total bottom line. Yes, she said. Went back to the website and filled in 2 pages of info, and then found the total... $47.58!!! Called them on phone. The person offered a $20.00 dollar discount. She went away, then came back and said $5.00 discount and will send $20.00 future credit. I did not order, and will not in the future! I don't appreciate being misled. Consumer confidence used to mean a lot. This company should have none!

tamarah4
1/28/14

I ordered flowers for a funeral several hours away. The photo on the website was a really charming looking arrangement. To make a long story short, what was delivered was quite different- how did I know? Well, thanks to modern technology no one needs to be scammed again. I asked my cousin to send a picture of the arrangement I paid for to my iphone- in fact, I suggest that everyone do the same whenever you have flowers delivered. If enough of us start doing this, maybe floral businesses like 1800 flowers will stop trying to rip us off. At least they refunded my money- but I'll never use them again.

tn15
1/17/14

They are scam. Go to or call the florist directly. You will get much better value. All florist hate them and they will arrange for the value what they receive. The pictures are deceiving when you order lower price value, you get crap. if you are charged $80 by 1-800-flowers, you will get only $60 worth of arrangement. If you go to the florist directly and they charge $80, you get $80 worth of arrangement. Use internet and go directly to the florists. I always do and always get perfect flowers.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Answer
kellyw46
A: Service is terrible! Will never use them or reccomend to anyone! Use your local florist
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the 1-800-Flowers staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

1-800-Flowers?