Frontfundr is simply a must-use platform for any Canadian who saves money. This is a true diversified. It has offerings across the risk spectrum, from high-risk start-up equity, to illiquid bonds, to MICs, to mature private equity, to crypto-VC. Not just startups.
What I like:
- diverse offerings
- bond replacers: forget corporate bonds, choose the "invoice factoring" bonds from yesterpay
- access to USA Reg A startups like Kightscope
- low minimums for most campaigns ($500 - $1000)
- novel markets, like Halal/islamic mortgages
- mostly digital
What I dislike:
- long wait times between campaign starts to initial investment
- while paperwork are *mostly* digital, sometimes they send you a paper investment certificate in the mail.