I have purchased thousand of dollars worth of items from shopgoodwill.com
Here are some suggestions to help newbies:
1. Figure out what you are willing to pay for an item, shipping and handling included. Shipping and handling cost are not a secret. You click on the shipping tab and it will tell you all estimated cost. Place the highest bid you are willing to pay and if you do not win it's fine.
2. Search sellers and find a few you like that are auctioning items of interest to you. I like to do this because the combined shipping is much less expensive.
3. Pay attention to USPS, UPS and Fed Ex options. There have been times I thought I could combine shipping and items were being shipped by different carriers.
4. Communicate with the seller if you have a concern before you bid.
5. Purchase insurance if you are buying a valuable.
6. Read the description and look carefully at the posted photos.
I love shopgoodwill! I have saved so much money on name brands! Pottery Barn, Loft, Sonoma, Polo to name a few!
Don't let all these naysayers discourage you!
Pay attention. I am posting a few photos.
The clothing I purchase is most always NWT
(New with tags) I love buying items for 6.99 plus shipping and handling. The total is usually $18-$20 including the price of the item. Combined shipping from the same seller is amazing!
Hope this helps!