I sent some items through "ParcelHero" who sourced UPS for the delivery.
I very carefully calculated weights and dimensions of all the packages as best as a layman (and carpenter) could I believe.
Delivery was just over £57.
AFTER the packages were delivered I get an email from them telling me that they were going to charge me an ADDITIONAL +£84
As they claimed that UPS had weighed and measured and calculated a different price. I was utterly shocked at the huge difference they wanted to charge me. They provided no evidence to back up their claim.
I emailed them:
- Disputing the additional charge
- Telling them that any prior agreements were void and they were forbidden from taking any more money out of my account as this was now a dispute.
- I emailed the item descriptions of what I had sent along with weights and dimensions
They, emailed be back, and in the same email, in one stroke:
- notified me that they were taking the additional money out of my account (despite my written instruction to them that they were not allowed to do so)
- told me that I had not provided enough evidence to support my dispute. Their evidential threshold for a dispute is entirely unrealistic for the average person. They wanted me to have taken photographs of each package I had sent, with the delivery barcodes on them, with pictures of a tape measure on them showing the length, width and depth dimensions! EACH PACKAGE PHOTOGRAPHED WITH MEASUREMENTS MULTIPLE TIMES IN ADVANCE. Right...
My experience with them is one of dealing with thieves.
I felt violated.
I would not recommend anybody to use ParcelHero.