Review of Yodle

2018 Customer choice award

29 reviews with 2 stars

randyw55
9/19/17

I had used them for over 2 years paying $200 a month as suggested to my by their sales guy. They provided me with a domain name that I chose for my company's name and setup a website but since them I've been just waiting to get any calls from the customers who are looking for my services. Then I came to know about a similar service Advanton and they gave me a new domain, a new website and the marketing that's really working for me now and it's all free. I am back into business that seemed all lost. I couldn't ask for more. What I had lost with Yodle, I had recovered in just 3 months and a long long way to go.

robertak10
8/16/17

I was promised one big job and one small job a month. It's been going on four months and I got one job the day after I signed up, and that was a fluke. I asked to drop their account because they didn't do as promised. They said I entered a contract and would still have to pay. They just dropped the amount i have to pay. Even though I have not gotten one call and they didn't stand up to their end of the contract, I can't let them go? If I don't do what I say on my contracts with customers, they have every right to drop me. I am wasting my money. NOT ONE JOB OFFER IN ALMOST FOUR MONTHS. I believe legally I can void this contract. I should be refunded after the third payment. They promised I would get jobs after 3 months and My Company's name would be one of the first companies on every page. Isn't this fraud?

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Roberta, sorry to hear you're not receiving the results you hoped for. We'd be happy to have someone review your account and see if we can make the program work for you! Private message us your details and we'll get started. ^MB
rdl3
6/15/17

I utilized yodle, was not impressed with the results, obtained no new identifiable business from this advertising spend. Their initial presentation is impressive and convincing, however their follow through is not impressive. When I finally decided to cancel, they significantly dropped my rate and promised to deliver on some additional promises. They never followed up. I went month to month for a while at an aprox $20 rate per month...I never heard from them and kept meaning to cancel. Even when I cancelled they wanted me to pay for the last month. They ultimately waived this charge.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey RD - we're sad to hear that you didn't receive the results you had anticipated, would you mind sending us a private message with some account details so we can take a look and try to improve?
mikeg226
1/12/17

Can't believe I allowed their sales guy to sign me up. Alarms should have gone off when he said 'if this doesn't work, you will never trust another salesperson again'. Not the end of the world but they are asking more for cancellation of the contract then it costs to stay.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Hey Mike,

Very sorry you had a poor experience, and am happy to look into this if you'd like to private message me your account details.

-Mike
chrisc295
11/8/16

I gained a few clients through this service, but ultimately the fees were much MUCH higher than the income generated. Near the end of the service they wouldn't take no for an answer and charged me for an additional month that I didn't want.
While I was using the service, the majority of the calls I received were from competing companies - I did ultimately transfer my advertising to one of those competitors.
Too pushy salespeople, not worth the money.

Response from Executive S., Yodle Representative
Chris,

I apologize for the way you were treated when you attempted to cancel the service. If you could private message me some details of your account, I'd be happy to investigate.

-Mike
tomm1145
8/11/16

I was contacted by a Yodle solicitor a couple of weeks ago, (late July 2016), and as a small business owner, I'm always considering more efficient ways to promote my business through the internet medium. What the initial sales rep told me sounded like a good value, though my business cash flow has been slow lately, and I wasn't ready to commit to any new program right now. After telling him that, he told me would turn me over to his manager if I could hold on. As an ex-trained salesman myself, I knew he might be headed for the "TO" as they say. The manager began asking me "closing questions" that pushy salespeople believe will lead to the embarrassment of the customer, who will then feel intellectually obligated to purchase. After trying several "pushy" high pressure questions on me, and not listening to my feelings or circumstances I felt would not permit me to buy anything right now, I decided to hang up on the jerk! I don't buy anything the first time I see it or hear about it!! I have learned in life to weigh all decisions carefully and deliberately. This company may have a worthwhile service; although reading many of the reviews here would indicate otherwise. But to employ high pressure tactics to get customers to capitulate, is an insulting and indignifying sales method that I have no respect for! Screw "Yelp"!!

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Tom - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and I'm disappointed to hear about your experience with one of our sales representatives. Please reach out to me at 646-768-3690 or gina.balistreri@yodle.com with the details of the call and I would be happy to look into it for you. Best, GB.
maryr176
7/6/16

Thomas has been a very pleasant person to work with but the changes we discuss STILL have not been correctly input. Totally could be me, but somehow the agreements we reach in conversations and the word docs I've submitted get changed. I AM VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

Response from Gina B., Yodle Representative
Hi Mary - Thank you for taking the time to share feedback and I'm sorry that we haven't met your expectations with this matter. I just passed along your feedback to our Customer Service team who will be looking into the issue. If you need any additional help, please reach out to me at 646-768-3690. Thanks, GB.
veed3
12/1/15

So earlier today (12/1/15) I finally had time to have a chat with a sales rep after missing him a few times. We went through the video and so on and it seemed like it could benefit my new business but some things I didn't agree with. For example, I have a website that is already managed and designed by a very great company. All updates, designs, apps, etc are done by them. All I have to do is email them or call and tell them what I want for and all I do is pay $40 per month--No Contract. They wanted to give me a mini site but I wondered what the benefit of this would be because he mentioned I could be on the first page of Google but I stated that I was already on the first page of Google for most keywords, also I mentioned that I was already optimized for mobile which he said the mini site would be. None of this stuff I need. Do I need traffic? Yes, of course. Do I need to spend more a month? No, I do not.

Yes, I have to do a lot of marketing and other stuff on my own but its ok because no one knows my business like me. When I deem it necessary to have the responsibly of some jobs outsourced I will but not putting me in a worse financial position.

I own my own domain via 1&1 and just have it routed to my website through the companies servers but if I go with my website I keep my domain because I still own it. Why offer someone a website they don't need?

One thing that didn't sit well with me was when I asked the rep, "What would happen if the company didn't deliver what they promised? because I can not afford to spend money and it not bring me a return." He first acted as if he couldn't really hear me because he was more than likely thrown off by the question then he repeated the first half of what I ask. I repeated the question and he said they would not want to keep me in an agreement if its not mutual but I would have to pay the startup fee (which is currently being waived) just to be let out of the agreement.

Think I can update my listings for free like Ive been doing.

Response from Jessica M., Yodle Representative
Hi, Vee: Thank you for providing feedback on your recent sales call. Please know that we take all feedback seriously and pass it along to the appropriate channels. While it is true that there is never a guarantee in marketing, we do offer the highest level of service possible to our 50,000+ customers. You can see some of our customer’s success stories online and see how they receive a strong return on investment form partnering with Yodle: http://www.yodle.com/success-stories. It’s great to hear you are having success with your current online marketing program and if you would like to share any additional feedback on your sales call with Yodle, please feel free to reach me at Jessica.mcginn@yodle.com or 646-753-6362. Thank you, JM.
billb123
6/22/15

If you have ZERO web knowledge with NO web presence, this could be an okay deal for you. If you have a facebook, twitter, google, website etc all they want to do is get you to allow them access so they can point it to their basic simple webpage. Then they can tell you that they're getting you traffic... which you're already getting without them.

The tool are simply archaic (old) and way too basic. They created their own review site that is only useful as long as you continuously pay them.

They also give you a phone number they recycle from a previous customer. Expect 50-100% of your calls to be looking for the previous business. They'll then still count this as 'organic leads delivered to your business'.

The SEO is horrible. After several months, I'm on page 3. My normal website without their 'secret SEO formula' is Page 2.

Mail service is bottom basement. $5-$10/month at most email campaign sites.

Overall its a crapper. Take some money and light it on fire.

Tip for consumers: Its easier to use your money to start a bonfire. At least you'll get some warmth out of it.

judym33
4/18/15

Yodle wasn't for me as it turns out. I need my own website marketed since I've had it for 20 years. However, I want to say that their customer service was the BEST ever. They answered my calls quickly and always helped me very curtiously. I am using another avenue to boost my presence on the web. but, their customer service is great!

davidm235
12/26/14

Four days after my 12/26/14 review, Syvenna Siebert, a Public Relations Manager from Yodle, posted her public response, asking for my name and company name so she could look into the situation in order to ultimately ensure a positive experience for the customers Yodle works with. I provided Ms. Siebert the names she requested and asked to get back to me with what she learned.
I waited over a month and then emailed Ms. Siebert on 2/2/15, asking for an update and why she had not responded yet. She replied the same day, apologizing for the delay, stating that it had "slipped through the cracks" during the holidays, but that she was "on it" now, would keep me updated, let me know as soon as she had a better understanding of what happened and what they can do to improve service, and that she would "be back in touch over the next couple of days" to let me know where things stand.
I waited 11 days for any update, never received one, so I emailed Ms. Siebert again on 2/13, asking why she hadn't kept her word and what she had learned from her investigation. I also told her: "Based on our interactions since 12/30/14, failure to reply in a timely manner and failure to keep ones word arent demonstrating you have the right processes, etc., in place to ensure a positive experience..." Ms. Siebert replied the same day but made no effort to answer my questions or apologize. Instead, she asked if I had heard from her colleague Ron Lancaster, who unbeknownst to me had worked with her on this matter. She further stated that she believed he had been in touch with me with further information.
I replied back the same day (2/13), informing Ms. Siebert that I had not heard from Ron Lancaster, and again asked her to answer the questions I had posed to her, as well as why she had made no effort to answer them. I then stated: "Best customer service etiquette would have been for you to inform me as you said you would in your 2/2 email that your colleague Ron Lancaster was working on the issue with you and would be in touch with me instead of or in addition to you. Then if Ron failed to contact me as you said, at least you would have kept your word to notify me within two days. Rons failure to contact me does not excuse your lack of responsible communication. Providing me with his contact information would have been helpful too. Rons failure to contact me further compounds the poor customer service problem, revealing additional miscommunication/problems on Yodles part. What do you think about what I have said? Please also provide me with the full name, email address and phone number of your supervisor."
Within a few hours, Ron Lancaster called me, identifying himself as a Senior Client Service Manager. He did not correct me when I told him I understood he was Ms. Siebert's supervisor. He asked what, if any unresolved issues I had with Yodle and I told him I was awaiting responses to my unanswered questions and what corrective actions Yodle had taken to avoid a repeat of what had happened to me. He asked if I had been refunded my money. I told him yes and asked why he would ask that since I had already stated I had in my initial review of Yodle. He responded that he was just making sure. He then asked me if I had provided my credit card information to Yodle. I said yes and again asked why he would ask since I had also stated that fact in my review. He told me that I should have expected Yodle to charge my account since I gave them my credit card info, and if I was unsure about the situation, I shouldn't have provided such info. He told me he would have Ms. Siebert answer those questions. We ended the call with the understanding that Ms. Siebert would provide the desired info.
Ms. Siebert responded later the same day (2/13) by email, stating: "I understand that you spoke with Ron, and that he was able to address many of your questions. I also wanted to let you know that we conducted a quality review of the initial sales call, and the results have been shared with upper management. Weve also added your number to our do not call list to prevent any future calls from Yodle. Im sorry about my initial delay in getting back to you and that I wasnt clear that my colleague would be working with you. Thank you for your patience and for bringing this to our attention and sharing your experience with us."
On 2/18 I replied by email stating: "While Ron Lancaster may have had the ability to address many of my questions when we spoke, I only asked him one question that I had asked you involving was he your supervisor. I also asked him, since he lead me to believe he was your supervisor, if he would have you answer the still unanswered questions I had already posed to you in prior emails, and he said he would. I am still awaiting those answers. Did he tell/ask you to answer my questions? The fact that you havent to date is another (continuing) example of continuing poor communication on Yodles end. Would you agree? Ive consolidated and paraphrased most of the unanswered questions below from my prior emails to help you more efficiently respond.
1. Your 2/13 email failed to make any demonstrated effort to personally answer any of the questions I posed in my 2/13 email. Why?
2. Please provide me with the full name, email address and phone number of your supervisor. If different, please provide me with Ron Lancaster's contact information.
3. On 2/2 you told me you would be back in touch within two days (by 2/4) with an update. Why didn't you keep your word, again?
4. What have you learned and what has been changed to avoid the situation I reviewed from happening again?
5. What do you think about what I have said in my 2/13 emails?
Related to your last email, here are three additional questions:
6. What were the results of your review of my initial sales call/experience that you shared with upper management? (This is basically a restatement of question #4.)
7. Did Ron actually tell you he had addressed many of my questions as you claim, when in reality he hadnt? If so, what were those questions, as I dont recall asking him more than 1 or 2?
8. Will you (hopefully) share the content of this exchange with upper management?"

Ms. Siebert gave her last reply (before I posted this review) by email on 2/19, stating: "Ron is one of our senior client services managers, so I asked him to work with you to make sure everything was resolved. Ron wanted to be certain there wasnt an outstanding issue with billing to ensure this could immediately be addressed. As I understand it, your other main concern is regarding what has been done to correct the kind of issues that you encountered. As Ron and I have both explained, we have conducted a review of your experience and have shared the details with upper management. We do have a quality assurance system in place to ensure that all our sales reps follow our protocol related to billing issues and have also taken a number of steps over the last 18 month with the goal of further bettering our client service and responsiveness. Im sorry but I cant share the detailed specifics with you as youve requested due to confidentiality and competitive reasons, but please let me assure you that we do have systems in place to track these complaints and adjust our business practices accordingly. We take this feedback very seriously and Yodle is committed to providing the best possible experience to all our customers. At this point I respectfully believe that it isnt productive to get into a back-and-forth about the questions youve outlined below as we have addressed your key concerns as best as we can. I would also again like to apologize for not responding immediately to your complaint and for not following up with you as I had said that I would. I should have more clearly stated that it would be someone from Yodle (in this case, Ron), and not necessarily me that would be contacting you to address your complaint.
Ive copied my supervisor, Radley Moss, to assure you that this has been shared with management. I wish you the very the best in the future."

Other than posting this updated review, I don't intend on pursuing this any further. An obvious solution to the original problem would have been for Yodle to not charge someone's credit card until they had signed the agreement. Why Yodle couldn't tell me that for "confidentiality" and "competitive" reasons is unclear.

Tip for consumers: If you are recorded, be sure to include any conditions or understandings you are relying on in agreeing to a contract, even if the other party doesn't mention them. If you aren't sure you can site all such conditions, delay the recording until you can, or have the contracting process be in writing only, not voice recording.

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
David,

I just saw your review and am disappointed to read about your frustrations with Yodle. If you have a couple of spare minutes would you mind calling or emailing me (my contact info is below) and letting me know your full name and company name? I can then look into this situation to try and find out exactly what happened on our end back in August 2013. A couple of the people you mentioned in your note have left Yodle since then. However, we obviously still want to make sure that we have the right processes in place to ensure a positive experience for all the small businesses that we speak to and work with.

Syvenna Siebert, Yodle
syvenna.siebert@yodle.com / 646-770-8974
lucyb11
12/22/14

Overall the service cost us more than any return. It was somewhat effective at increasing our presence to the smart phone user, however that tended to be more calls from telemarketers wanting to sell us more advertising and pre-existing customers and vendors who just used the convenience of a one click dial.

jims122
12/19/14

The phone is definely started ringing.

Still some tweaking to do but so far so good.

UPDATE! AFTER MY SECOND AND LAST MONTH!
Yodle goes for the low hanging fruit. The phone rang, but the calls were from the easiest to target and hardest to make any money from. Out of the 50+ calls in the first two months maybe 10 were from my primary business area. I am not talking about conversions. Conversions are my job. These were non revenue calls and complaints. If you want to sit in your office all day and talk to people on the phone all day, give it a shot. If you need to make a living that justifies spending $1000 a month you would be better served with bidding $40 a click on AdWords yourself.

nr17
11/3/14

Not worth the money. I got a couple of new clients - 3 in 5 months. Most of my calls were wrong numbers or people looking for freebies.

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
Hello – This is Syvenna Siebert in Yodle’s communications department. I’m sorry that you didn’t have more success while you were working with us. Please reach out to me at 646-770-8974 or syvenna.siebert@yodle.com if you’d be willing to providing additional information about your experience. Although we’re proud of the value that we deliver to our tens of thousands of local business customers we’re always looking to improve, and appreciate your honest feedback.

Syvenna
johnc255
10/10/14

THE TRUTH ABOUT YODLE! The good and bad.

This has been my experience with yodle. First off the salesman is a great salesman. But wasn't 100% honest, again he's a salesman, I expected that... sadly. So after agreeing to a deal I called a manager to confirm everything, and had to make several changes because he was not telling the truth. The product they offer through the dashboard is alright, nothing super special, just makes it easy to send out emails to customers, which you can do with gmail.... It is very hard to get a hold of anyone, most the time you get an answering machine? huh? The set up call was hardly a set up, they just show you how to use the dashboard, which if you can read you can get. I asked the set up girl if we could walk through the whole website together on the phone since there was TONS of mistakes on it. She said yes but didn't want to, she said "you can just email us if you need any changes", well that'd be fine if the website was even close to represent my company. Well, after 2 minutes of reviewing the website we 'lose connection', so I wait 5 minutes to have her call me back and she never did, so I called the service line and guess what I got an answering machine. So now I got w website that offering warranties and promises that I don't offer. I really dont like how they don't list my phone number but a forwarding number...Which IF I do get any customers from their service I'm pretty much trapped into keep on using their services since all the customers won't have my real phone number... Well, I've only had yodle for 2 weeks and no results yet... ZERO. but I'm gonna give it 3 months and see what happens. After 3 months I'll come back on here and give another review of the product after I have a better idea. By the way, MOST of the 5 star reviews on here are totally fake!
Also, make sure you don't sign up for a 12 month contract... I repeatedly told me sales rep I don't want a 12 month contract, and I'd only try yodle if it was a month to month deal, he assured me time and time and time again it wasn't a 12 month contact. I must have asked him a dozen times. Well once I finally talk to someone a week later they told me I was in a 12 month contract.... smh, sales rep was named Corey C from houston. I told the manager I will drive down to houston and find him. They changed me on a month to month. For those who think this is gonna totally change your company and dont already make a good amount on marketing don't do it. I have the money to risk, dont' risk it if 200 a month may hurt you.

Tip for consumers: Don't do a 12 month contract, do a month to month. Sales rep can adjust the amount spent, dont bite on first $ amount given.

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
Hi John – this is Radley Moss, Director of Communications at Yodle. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m disappointed to hear that the person you spoke with during your setup call wasn’t more helpful and that you’ve had difficulty getting in touch with someone. First of all, I want to make sure that your website meets your expectations. Can you please reach out to me at rmoss@yodle.com or 212-542-5449? I can also look into what’s happening when you try to contact our client services team so that we can address any issues. I’m also sorry if there was a miscommunication about the contract, and I can also investigate this and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

I’d also like to clarify a couple of things. The phone number listed on your website is for tracking purposes so that you can monitor the progress of your marketing campaign through our dashboard. When you start working with a customer, you can also give them your direct business line. Additionally, I want to assure you that all reviews listed on this site and any other review site are genuine. We’re proud that so many of our clients are satisfied and want to share more about their experiences. Falsifying reviews is simply not a business practice we would ever consider.

Thanks again for your feedback, we look forward to continuing to work with you.

jamelab
9/10/14

YODLE IS A RIP-OFF!!!!!!!! Their salesmen are top grade, and they will constantly call with their sales school tactics to swindle you into agreeing to advertise with them. We fell for the hype of them increasing business for us as they promised we would receive 20-40 new customers and averaging 20k to 40k in increased revenue! Guaranteed water heater jobs are what the salesman promised...never got any. We had calls come in but they were not quality. There were a total of 8 calls only 1 generated $180.00 revenue. We received a bunch of solicitation calls from other SEO companies trying to get us to advertise with them. A lot of useless calls that lead no where! We never received verification for google as yodle said we would. Salesman said we would profit $1000 minimum a month, to guarantee the advertising campaign with them paid for itself...LIE! We never found ourselves on the first page of Google! We googled plumbers in our area and never came up. We have definitely gained more wrong number calls or customers from far ranging service areas. Calling in to complain has just gotten us passed from representative to representative. Save yourself the headache with these guys.

Tip for consumers: Read reviews with any company you use! Beware of salesmen that call you more than your children, once they get your billing information the calls stop! Only thing that gets them 2 stars is there yodle dashboard that allows you to see calls that come in...eventhough most of the calls are bad calls.

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
Hi Jamela – I’m very disappointed to read your review, especially because we do work with many plumbers that have had success with our marketing program (you can see some testimonial videos here: http://www.yodle.com/success-stories/home-services). It sounds like you’re frustrated, and I want to do what I can to help by looking into this further. For example, I’d like to dig into what happened with your sales call. I also want to find out more about your experience with our service team so that we can rectify any issues that you dealt with. I can hopefully help too by explaining a few things on our end. If you’re open to having a conversation, you can reach me at rmoss@yodle.com or 212-542-5449.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Radley Moss, Director of Corporate Communications
daveb83
8/26/14

After a high pressure sales pitch I relented and signed up. In this process I was required to turn over my google+ page to them. After 3 months I decided I wanted to control my online presence myself and we parted ways. I have repeatedly asked them to either delete my google+ page or turn managership over back to me. It has been about a month and they have done neither. DO NOT SIGN OVER YOUR BUSINESS GOOGLE PLUS PAGE TO THESE GUYS!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT SIGN OVER YOUR BUSINESS GOOGLE PLUS PAGE TO THESE GUYS!
As long as you are signed up with them the service is good but beware when you decide to take control of your online destiny from them.

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
Hi Dave – This is Radley Moss, Director of Corporate Communications at Yodle. I'm sorry to hear about your frustration. It is our practice to release this listing as part of the account cancellation process. I’d be happy to look into the status for you if you want to contact me at rmoss@yodle.com or 212-542-5449.

Also, if you had a bad experience with a member of our sales team, I’d like to hear more about that. We set high standards for all our employees, and I want to ensure they are being met.

scottr38
8/21/14

We are getting a lot of calls, but few are quality. Most just want some quick, free legal advice, and are not interested in hiring any lawyer. Still, we have had a few decent ones and have actually picked up a few clients. On balance, the jury is still out on this one. We are not sure if it is even paying for itself. If it is, it is not by much. We are hoping to land some good clients that can be great repeat business, but we will see.

lm31
6/27/14

I find it interesting that for an advertising company that claims to optimize google search results, their own "organic" ranking lists all the sites that have bad reviews first!
The sales agent was clearly working off a script. Before setting up his call, he didn't even Google our company name to check our website.
Also, we told him on several occasions we were VERY happy with our website, and it was optimized for viewing on a smart phone. He continued on his pitch about an "adversite". Ugh.
We also raised the issue that we in no way wanted a separate phone number to steer traffic from THEIR "adversite" (which we didn't need anyway!) and that our cell number was our primary contact, as we are a "Mom and Pop" Contracting business that has to answer calls from the job site.
Basically, trying to sell us a Cadillac when we needed a scooter. He did give me great marketing ideas, though. Thanks Yodle!

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
L m. – this is Radley Moss, Director of Corporate Communications at Yodle. Thanks for your comments. I thought though it may be helpful though to clarify a couple of things on how we work.

We highly recommend to clients that Yodle set up an adversite for them. We customize our adversites specifically to maximize conversion and have consistently found that they deliver the best results to our clients. However, we do still work with some clients that prefer for us to drive traffic to their existing website.

Additionally we have thousands of clients that spend the majority of their time on a job site, so we know the importance of being able to answer calls from a cell phone. We regularly set up our tracking numbers to automatically forward to a client’s cell phone number. We provide these tracking numbers so that our clients can easily and transparently track the ROI they are receiving in their personalized dashboard.

I’d be happy to discuss any additional questions you may have about Yodle and am glad that at least you got some great marketing ideas from your conversation with us. You can contact me at rmoss@yodle.com or 212-542-5449.

davidr100
6/10/14

Sat through part of a sales presentation with a gentleman with an interesting name. If you've ever sat through a timeshare sales meeting, you will be in familiar territory. As soon as I started asking questions the presentation and rapport fell apart. Ask them for phone #'s of clients in your industry who can attest to their program. See what happens. The call was ended with the sales guy telling me, "When you're ready to take control of your client base, you have my contact info." The fact is that their model is bad and can damage any legitimate SEO efforts you've already made.

And just look at the astroturfing on this review site. Someone logs in almost every day to give 5 star reviews that sound nearly identical. Look how many mention "Diana" or the word "skeptical". They need to hire a separate company to do the copy writing for their reviews.

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
Hi David – my name is Radley Moss. I’m Yodle’s Director of Corporate Communications. Would you mind contacting me at either rmoss@yodle.com or 212-542-5449 to let me know who you spoke to on our sales team? It sounds like the rep behaved unprofessionally and we will take action if that is the case.

Additionally, I want to assure you that all of the positive reviews listed on Sitejabber are from our clients. You can also find testimonials from other customers on our website at http://www.yodle.com/success-stories that attest to the success they’ve enjoyed with our SEO offering as well as the rest of our marketing platform. As a business, we would certainly never engage in the practice of posting fake reviews about Yodle on Sitejabber.

amandak16
4/2/14

I am a solo attorney who was running my own Google Adwords campaign up until a month ago. I ranked in the top 3 spots for both divorce and child custody on Adwords. From that campaign, I was averaging about 60 new leads per month with about 10 turning into paying clients. Then one week after I purchased a few new domain names, I noticed I was starting to get click bombed every morning. That's when Yodle started calling. The sales representative, Matthew Sanford, and his manager GUARANTEED me that Yodle would outperform my previous campaign. How could a professional advertising company not? The said. Fast forward one month later, I paid them $1000. They generated about twenty "leads" all of which were worthless and mostly not specific to my area of law or out of my geographic area. They blame the fact that I am moving my office (about 10 miles), which I told them when they were persuading me to sign up. During my month contract, I tried to give them suggestion, such as keywords that had performed great for me in the past and how to allocate my budget, but Yodle representatives (always some different) told me these could not be implemented. How does Yodle plan to honor the guarantee they made me? I don't know because they ignore my emails. The link to my Yodle Agreement is also mysteriously broken.

I have seen worse advertising companies out there. If you are completely clueless about the internet and have absolutely zero web presence, then this might be a good introductory company for you. But if you are capable of reading an Ehow to article, then stay away!

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
Amanda,

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a disappointing experience with Yodle. I'd be happy to discuss this with you if you have time to reach out to me. I'm surprised to hear you haven't received responses to your emails and also don't know why the link to your agreement is broken (this link is a standard item that we include on all customers' dashboards). I'd be happy to look into this for you as well as trying to address the other concerns that you raised.

rmoss@yodle.com / 212-542-5449
williamb83
3/8/14

First month got one good lead in the 3rd month now nothing but sales calls and wrong numbers also the reps had a hard time giving me the right area code for the number that they put on the website she just had some random area code not a great experience

alb1184
2/21/14

We had Yodle handle our law firm web marketing for almost a year. The results were far, FAR less than they promised. We made it clear we had a limited budget and they assured us they'd work with it. They had a law division which catered to law firms. We reasonably assumed they had an idea what they were doing.

1. They set up their landing website which was very generic, but never told us to provide them with content (i.e. profiles, FAQ's etc) until about 5 months later when I had called to ask them to change some things. The individual asked me why I had never provided content and I told him no one said I could or asked me to.

2. We have our own domain and website, but they did not use it and set up content on their own domain. We had been using Google Adwords for many months and Yodle never mentioned this was a problem, again, until about 5 months after they had started marketing with us. The service guy from Yodle explained that we were essentially competing with Yodle in our adwords buy -- NO ONE had mentioned this at Yodle when we started with them.

3. Because they set up their own domain (which they will not give ownership to you), Google ends up dropping your organic search ratings because they see two domains pointing to the same company.

I ended up cancelling them and raising hell. They finally settled out by refunding the last three months of service and running our ad-site with them for the next 3 months, but frankly, it was simply a wash for us. I really felt they had zero clue what they were doing with us.

On the other hand, if you have ABSOLUTELY NO WEB PRESENCE, then Yodle is probably a good start for you. Just make sure you know exactly what they are going to do and bargain them down in price. Their "plans" are very flexible in price and they will try to stick you into a high-priced plan, but don't go for it. You will find they will bend as much as 50% on those prices.

Go ahead and email me about it. I can show you bills and web logs. We have another service now and are very happy with it -- and the monthly rate is far less.

markr71
1/28/14

I gave it 3 months and got lots of calls, but all the calls were wrong phone numbers and only 1 actual lead that could have been a client. The web sites were far below what we already had as far as quality and ranking.

Service was great until I tried to cancel, now I can't get my rep to respond or call back and they charged me for a 4th month against my request to cancel prior to the billing date. I understand it not generating the leads I would have liked and that was a risk I was willing to take. The poor execution is a let down. I hope they make it right when they finally answer my call, email, or dashboard message.

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
Mark,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, though I'm disappointed to hear that your experience with us wasn't what you were hoping for.

I'm not sure why you were billed and also why you haven't heard from our Client Services team. Do you want to contact me at rmoss@yodle.com or 212-542-5449? I can then follow up with the appropriate people to help resolve this issue.

garym55
1/19/14

I have a small carpenter service,when called to sign up the sales rep. said there was certain amount of people in my area looking for the type of service I provided. I signed on to yodel with a 2month payment.Now it is 6months later I am still paying but no results.

Response from Radley M., Yodle Representative
Hi Gary,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received the results that you expected with Yodle. Have you spoken to our client services team about making tweaks to your campaign? I'd encourage you to call them at 877-276-5104. You're also welcome to contact me at either rmoss@yodle.com or 212-542-5449, and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Director of Corporate Communications, Yodle

I received a few leads that actually worked out. However, it wasn't enough to justify using them in the first place. The leads seemed to come in when I had signed up for their "google ads marketing" addition. So basically, the google ads provided 80%-100% of the leads, not Yodle. I Would've been better off spending my money on Google Ads written myself.

By Jay U.

Yodle only cost me money and quite a bit of frustration! Tony

By Anthony C.

I have a spare wet-vac if you have extra cash laying about. Give me a call. It would be a better application of energy use.

By Sally L.

Run Forest Run. They make promises. They will put wrong info on the web. Who spends 600.00 Before a return if you gat that. Run Forest Run

By Scott E.

dont do it.

By Matt T.

If you get a website made. The search engine go by the 2nd letter in order for your site to be pulled up quickly. You would be better off doing your own social media marketing, joining the BBB and Y and white pages of phone book. Magnetic vehicle signs, etc. Need more free tips email me at rstoutmire@yahoo.com subject line Javier S. Contractor. Hope this help you but don't pay any company any money for any work. Rhonda S.

By rhonda s.

I use Yodle for a DUI and Reckless Driving defense law practice. Consistent leads that match my location and practice areas. I use the photos with the link to Facebook and have client reviews right on my website. I think it is important to take advantage of these services that Yodle offers as part of their package.

By Mark M.

I don't know, but stay away from Yodle!

By Anthony C.

Anthony C is absolutely right. Don't waste your time.

By Sally L.

No you lose it

By Jason M.
Questions? Get answers from the Yodle staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Yodle