US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

karenw30
10/7/13

I won 25 bids and 50 ebook downloads 8 august 13 and paid for them right away. I got my bids but not the ebook code. I contacted customer service 5 Times and was told to wait and it would be taken care of any day. Well I guess any day means any day from now til hell freezes over and I still won't get my books. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT USING THIS SITE, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND GIVE ME YOUR MONEY! I WILL AT LEAST TELL YOU THE TRUTH! I have won a few other small things and when I received them they were things that I would have been mad to get out of a .25 bubble gum machine. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

chrisg39
10/3/13

won a few low end items, not worth much, then won an ipod in august, still to this day have not rec'vd it, now its october, contacted their chat many times, always got same answers, like they are robots, finally today got a phone number to call, got a live person, asked for my $ back plus shipping because I don't believe they will ever ship out the item, STAY AWAY
I still have bids to use, am going to use them on the high end items, maybe win, AND THEN NOT PAY

phyllisj
10/2/13

I was using Zbiddy for the first time and thought I was bidding on a tablet and ended up winning the bid on 250 bids for $99. I immediately sent them an email saying I did not make that bid and if I did it was done in error. I asked that they release my money and that did not happen. I am disputing the charge. They steal your money. I bought an expensive lesson.

Phyllis Jackson

jims89
9/27/13

After being shown a bid taking place where a Mac Air went for $9 in the promo i was surprised to see that the number of items you can bid are are small and very spread out over 30+ days! I feel like this is a total bait and switch and I want my money returned. As it stands they have no return policy so I am contacting my credit card company today! this place is a total scam!

kaym30
9/17/13

Lousy selection of items, so the few decent items they do have; run forever. I have been watching for a month for a few specific items (a dyson vacuum, a laptop, etc.) I had the day(s) memorized for when these items would be available to be sold. For instance, I knew that today at 1PM one of my items would be at the final countdown and ready to be finally sold. I was shocked when I went to my "Watch List" (a month old, mind you) and saw that all of these items had another (at least) 2 weeks tacked on to them. Fraud? I think so. This isn't a good sign for this site. I'm spending my remaining bids and getting out while the "going's good".

krism25
9/17/13

Bid and won numerous restaurant.com gift vouchers. Took a lengthy period of time to get the vouchers issued (as a matter of fact,...I'm still waiting on a $50 one,...been waiting nearly 6 weeks). I've redeemed all the other vouchers and enjoyed the restaurants. I recently tried to get the name of CEO or head of Customer Care & an address of the company but got the run around by the chat line representative (Nancy). She did finally give me the mailing address but wouldn't give me the name of anyone at the company that I could address my letter of concern to. Things that make you go Hmmmmm!

anthonye14
9/12/13

I first used Zbiddy in 2011 and everything was fine. I won a number of high end items (TV, IPAD, IPOD, Gift Cards) and received everything within 3 weeks of payment which was excellent. I ended up taking a long break from penny auctions and just recently started again at Zbiddy in July 2013. So far I've won 1 IPAD and 3 IPODS but have not received any of them, the oldest item being the Ipad from almost 2 months ago. The site has clearly gone downhill since I last used it. There is no phone number posted on the site and when I found it online the people who answer cannot provide you any information about shipping. All they do is tell you to be patient or that your concern has been forwarded to the appropriate dept and someone will get back to you via email in 3-5 days, which they never do. If you try to dispute charges they try to convince you to trade your win/charge in for something else like a gas certificate or travel voucher which are difficult to redeem and not worth the money you would lose. When you email they never respond and when you use chat you get someone illiterate as the transcript is full of misspelled words and poor punctuation, not to mention the fact that all they can do is forward your concern to the ELUSIVE shipping department. The sites terms and conditions says your items are shipped within 48hrs. After payment you get an email that says your item should arrive within 7-10 business days. Weeks later when you complain you will get a "verification" email which requires you to go to a link that you will need to sign up for (not related to zbiddy but called zbiddyrewards) where they will try to convince you to trade your win in for one of the lousy consolation prizes similar to what they try to trade you for on the phone. When you decline you receive a "confirmation" email stating once again that your item will arrive within 7-10 business days. I've already passed that (by a week) with no delivery or tracking # to speak of. I could continue to wait in hopes of receiving these items but I refuse to be treated like this as a customer and so I've initiated chargebacks today on everything I paid. The people who defend zbiddy are either speaking about the past or shills because Zbiddy is absolutely no longer a trustworthy, dependable or honest site. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

warrene5
4,412 helpful votes
9/2/13

I Was looking at a few review sites and they pretty much all say "zbiddy.com" is bad!

Accusations of spamming and worse!

-------------------------
Then add this to consider:

BBB Business Review: Rated a D-

This Business is not BBB accredited
ZBiddy.com Online Auction
Additional Locations

Factors that lowered the rating for ZBiddy.com Online Auction include:

Length of time business has been operating
167 complaints filed against business
Length of time business has taken to resolve complaint(s)
Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints

Phone: (877) 924-3390

Mr. Darryl Fernandes, Director of Operations Mr. Seth Dillon

Contact Information
Principal: Mr. Darryl Fernandes, Director of Operations

-------------------------

The Delaware address is not a physical location for this company. The Delaware address is a mail forwarding location. The company's website also provides the following address:
72 High St.
Haslemere, Surrey GU27 2LA

This address is located in the United Kingdom.

On 12/12/12, the business emailed the BBB and indicated that "Zbiddy no longer has a location in the U.S."

-------------------------

Sorry my recomendation is to stay away from this site!

pm17
8/24/13

Very few useful things to bid on, Its a bit of a scam.

martr14
8/12/13

just a simple remark, notice that they do not accept paypal and it is a good indication of there intention. NO PAYPAL MEANS NOT A SERIOUS BUSINESS AT ALL

timothya12
8/5/13

Thieves - Plain and Simple.

I was the last bidder on 3 "Gift Cards" and won none. The timer ran to zero with no winner then the auction was restarted with the clock at 24 hrs.

Unable to pay for items won. Comes back with credit card expiration date error. Worked 5 times previously.

randyc25
8/3/13

Well run site, few large items and always the same, a bunch of travel, cruise, vacation items All with restrictions or sending you to a travel agency to up sell you.. no use as you can not simple use as you wish.Even cash wins for travel has restrictions. Very poor selections over all that again don't change.I have won bids only to find restriction I can not use on other then household items. Once again, you will see the same items all the time. I think they are missing an opportunity and happy for you to buy bids on useless items. It takes the fun out of this experience but I'm told all the sites are the same way

annettel4
7/30/13

Zbiddy has not allowed me to win an item even if I was bidding fairly aggressively. There are fewer items on this site vs. others and it is almost impossibe to win unless watching it 24/7. I seriously hope you consider refunding me a portion of my $80 due to my complete dissatisfaction.

carmenw7
7/13/13

I signed up with ZBiddy, paid the $100.00's to bid on items, up to now I have not gotten any bids. then all of a sudden I cannot get the web site that I was signing in on, so now I can't bid any more and I lost my money

louisep16
6/30/13

I would never give my CC info for a one cent charge, and I'm glad I checked them out, too!!
I thought I had read over the Terms pretty carefully, but missed this one little part, which I guess alot of other people did, too:

"...Bid credits, referred to as “bids”, are sold in the form of multiple-use packages referred to as Bid Packages. Such Bid Packages must be purchased and paid for prior to a user claiming any item won during any promotional or “rookie auction” or used in specific ULYL auctions or “premium auctions” as determined by ULYL"

In otherwords, those "free" tokens mean SQUAT!! They won't even let you claim a prize until you purchase a Bid Package!!
Not to mention getting SPAMMED from a bunch of other sites... I'm glad all they got out of me was my email address... LOL!!

Caveat emptor!! (Buyer beware)

rayg17
5/27/13

They advertised a camera which had appeal so I registered. Of course, no such camera existed despite them saying it had x amount of time before the auction was over.
I asked for a refund twice without response. I'll be going to see my bank tomorrow.
BUYER BEWARE. IT IS NOT A PENNY A BID EITHER

bettyr5
5/5/13

These people will take your money without notice. They lead you to believe you have to enter your card info to just look. When you do they take money out of your account without your consent. It took a lot of doing but I got my money back, but some people did not get their money back.

ashleyf12
5/2/13

Obviously, this website is a complete scam. However, I seem to have been able to get my money back completely. I literally just did this. I realized what had happened right away, and was on the bank site, this site, and google quite quickly. It only took me about an hour of searching, reading, and talking before getting my refund. Hopefully the refund actually goes through, and it's not just another scam. Also, the phone number for the business is at the bottom.
----------
02:01:46 PM [Ashley] No where on the site did it say that registering would charge me money. There was no confirmation of an order, nothing. I did not want to pay for this site, and I want my money back.
02:03:22 PM [SANDRA]
Thank you for contacting ZBiddy Customer Support.

My name is SANDRA. how may I help you today?

02:03:31 PM [SANDRA] It will be my pleasure to assist you today. May I please have the email address you used to register?
02:03:39 PM [Ashley] ---------
02:11:09 PM [SANDRA] Is your name Ashley -----?
02:11:15 PM [Ashley] Yes.
02:16:09 PM [SANDRA]
When you registered, it is for free but buying bids is not for free. You cannot participate in any auction if you don't have bids. You were given an option when you registered if you want to buy bids.

I located your account and I see you purchased a $79 Bid Package. With 235 Bids I understand you have spent $79 with us already. I would like to offset that cost with $100 Dollars in gas certificates. You will have $100 dollars in Gas and a choice of 1000’s of products, you will truly be getting your monies worth.

So, if that's alright with you, I'm going to send you your gas certificates to ------- . Was that the correct email?

02:18:14 PM [Ashley] There was no information on the site that registering with the site would be buying the bids. The registration was to redeem the item won with the free token.

The only money I have spent with the site was the money scammed off of my card.

I don't have a car. Is there any other option?
02:21:36 PM [SANDRA] I'm sorry but everything was clarified to you. You were given an option to purchase bid package together with the item that you won and you did that it why you were billed.
02:21:44 PM [SANDRA] I would like to see what can be done today to try to help you out. Let me check with my manager. Please hold on for a very brief hold.
02:23:26 PM [Ashley] No where on the site did it give me any option to buy a package. After registering, the next page was a "bundle package" page for hotels, gas, etc, and I skipped past those. There was no option and no confirmation.
02:28:11 PM [SANDRA] We do apologize if you overlooked it. I would like to see what can be done today to try to help you out. Let me check with my manager. Please hold on for a very brief hold.
02:29:10 PM [Ashley] There is no "overlooking" if it is not there. I can't overlook something that doesn't exist.
02:29:41 PM [SANDRA] Let me see what I can do for you so please bear with me. Thank You!
02:32:15 PM [SANDRA]
Great news, my manager said I can leave you with the $100 in gas and I can give you half of your initial purchase back.

So, if that works for you I will be returning $39.50 to your credit card and sending the Gas Certificates to --------. Is that the best email address?

02:34:40 PM [Ashley] You can give me half of my money back? I'm a college student. I tried to sign up for this site in an attempt to get things I need for school. That other $39.50 that's going into your company's pocket could be used for my food to get me through an entire month, or a book that I need for class.
02:35:31 PM [SANDRA] I am sorry you don’t see the value in your purchase today. We are not interested in forcing you to keep your bid package. I will be happy give you a full refund. May I place you on a brief hold as I process that refund?
02:36:37 PM [Ashley] Yes. Thank you.
02:37:11 PM [SANDRA]
I have removed all the bids from your account. I have let your bank know about the refund today and you will see the credit of $79 to your account in the next 3-5 business days. Your confirmation number from our system is 4332554.

Is there something else I can help you with?

02:37:49 PM [Ashley] If the refund doesn't come through in the next 3-5 business days, is there a number that I'd be able to call?
02:38:05 PM [SANDRA] 1-877-924-3390
02:38:25 PM [Ashley] Thank you very much.

akhila
4/29/13

I got to this website through a survey link provided on another website. I was asked to fill a form before I could view the products and I did. Then taken to the next page where I was asked to fill in my card details. I though its because they wanna verify my identity so I did. Boom, I am taken to next page saying you have bought 250 bids fr $99. I was like what. No confirmation before taking payment and nothing was asked to me if I agree to the amount. Then I re-logged in to see what happened. I figure it our the form that I was filling in had apparently advertisement going on which wasn't advertisement but was the package I wanna buy. I called the customer service. I guy gives me a 50% refund and says for the rest we will send you 10 gas vouchers of $10 each. I was surprised and I said do I have to do anything to redeem these. I was told no nothing. I get this voucher and figure out that I have to print a form n send this voucher along. Then they will send me a $10 voucher. I have to fill a gas and send the receipt to them within one week. They will then send me a $10 check within 3-4 weeks. I have to do this for 10 weeks to redeem these vouchers. It was crazy. It was like begging for your money. So I called again and said I do not want this voucher and if the balance could be refunded. Was disconnected thrice and then on a chat was told that this could not be done. I then gave it up. The website is so deceptive. then you go the website and see how bidding works. I am telling you you can be online for the whole day and keep bidding. Never went on the website again.

jent15
4/23/13

Not a real fan of penny auction sites. Seems they work great for some, not for most. In my experience, I fared very well with the $100 airfare travel cheques, $100-200 hotel cash cards and two-for-one companion airfare vouchers. OR SO I THOUGHT!

I happily paid for my deals, went to redeem them and realized why they were so easy to win. There's like a million different black-out dates, restrictions and time restraints. For air travel, your initial ticket has to be over $350 and your trip must include an overnight stay on a Saturday. For hotel discounts, you have to book at least 4 consecutive nights.

Now, I'm on a budget and don't travel often. When I do, it's not for long periods of time. I try to get the best deals on airfare and I certainly try to avoid the most expensive nights to stay in a hotel. I thought winning these vouchers would be a great way to do so.

It was a complete waste of my time and money bidding on these. What a bummer!

jimw12
3/2/13

I have seen a user here bad mouthing about the company. I have been a member of Zbiddy since last 8 months and I have won couple of items including an iphone. Guys, one needs a good strategy and patience to win on penny auction sites like zbiddy. Those who blame the site are the LOSERS!!

daniell243
2/5/13

This site is no way shape or form an auction its worthless i spent 40 dollars for bids worst thing i could of did. The only way you can save $ on this site is if you have nothing else to do but sit at a computer all day, one item i started watching at 8pm it was in the last 15 seconds it was still going on 24hrs latter . I understand they want to give everyone a final chance to bid but there needs to be a time limit on rebids plus 90% of what they had to bid on was bids if your smart and like your $ stay far away from this site STICK WITH EBAY THATS A TRUE AUCTION SITE plus they also take pay pal zbiddy willnot you have to put there credit card out there

bufordg5
1/29/13

I've used a number of penny auction sites, including zbiddy. The model works like this: You buy a bid pack, then bid on the product you want. If you're the last person to bid, you win the item. The reason you get a discount is because other people are bidding too, so multiple people are investing in the product. There's some strategy to it, but that's what makes it fun. If you're willing to be patient and learn the ropes, sites like zbiddy can really pay off. I've won several auctions and paid significantly less than retail each time.

valg9
1/27/13

I wish that they had more stars to the right to make "minus" ratings. The live chat popped up while I was checking out the site, I'm sure it was canned posts, but it said I could get 25 free bids. I bid on a $10 Burger King gift card, I won with a penny, I was charged $79.01~

josephc25
1/10/13

Customer service is very poor. It is next to impossible to win an auction

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zbiddy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4/30/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: For ALL OF US that have been ripped off by zbiddy or rockybid.

OK So I have done a little background sleuthing on what is going on with zbiddy and other similar penny auction sites.

This Penny Auction Site zbiddy.com is a HUGE scam.

zbiddy owners plant positive experiences on here (reviewopedia) and on the Penny Auction Watch forums(PAW) to bait people into playing and buying bid packs or to join their site. Buying bid packs to bid on items? What a joke and scam!

And you thought being ripped off 99 bucks upfront was scandalous?
Pshaw! This is just the beginning of your woes! If you were smart enough to REPORT THIS to your credit card company and cut the losses you really haven’t lost that much.

For those of you that chose to use the bids and descend further into this madness here’s the scoop: It’s not even an auction THEY JUST CALL IT that, it’s more like a lottery THAT IS IF IT WAS RUN LIKE ONE, and IT ISN’T!

Go to Flippa[dot]com and search “penny auctions”

There you can see how these operates by the use of controlled bots on autobid to scam any real people into buying more and more bid packs until the reserve price has at least been met for that item that’s bid on. They aren’t in the business to LOSE money and will NEVER sell an item below value. If not enough real people are bidding on a particular item for a while, they will end the auction to a bot name. They will then list the bots name in the “Auction History” section to make it look as if REAL people actually win and auction is honest & fair.

They cheat you and make a killing from people like you that bought into it. Some will even go as far as to advertise on social networking sites such as “FACEBOOK” and write stories of winning items for $4 and so on to get people to join the site.

In fact they are so low that they will create fake accounts with stolen pictures of REAL people to simulate happy zbiddy customers who just got that new in the box PlayStation or iPod.

I call it their, “Fake Social Environment” where they ask and answer their own questions attempting to create an illusion that they are a reputable business like Ebay or Amazon. For example they will say, “I just won 12 Lap Tops for $40 and they all arrived today in factory sealed boxes! I love this site!”

They also run scripts from third world countries which do nothing but spam YouTube and reviewopedia with precanned responses to any critique, for example it will say:

“I guess you need to understand that any penny auction site requires you to buy bids upfront. You need to read the fine print. zbiddy is legit and has been in business for a year”

Anyone can do this… so easy to make money. What these scammers also do is, they MAKE sure that the server that hosts your scam auction is located outside of the USA so you can get around Federal Gambling Regulation laws. If the heat gets to be too much, then they shut the scam auction down and re-open under a new name. There is no way to do anything about them really, because they just keep showing up under new websites and new banners. For example rockybid.com and zbiddy.com and a number of lesser known outfits are all operated by the same people. Both of these um “companies” are under investigation by the Florida Office of the Attorney General

Here’s the copy from their website:

The case file cited below relates to a civil — not a criminal — investigation. The existence of an investigation does not constitute proof of any violation of law.

Case Number: L12-3-1029

Subject of investigation:
Ecom Interactice, LLC d/b/a zbiddy.com

Subject’s address:
2200 S.W. 10th St., Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

Subject’s business:
Internet – Penny Auction

Allegation or issue being investigated:
Potential 501.204, Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices, by penny auction site. Business does not adequately disclose its terms and policies. Consumers allege that they are being charged before granting authorization for payment to zbiddy. Consumers also allege that they are attempting to cancel services and/or request refunds and that they are unable to obtain refunds of unused bids.

I tried to post this information on as many business review sites as possible to warn good honest people and I urge everyone to repost to as many sources as you can.

So rememer how I said that rockybid and zbiddy are run by the same crew?

So here’s the final piece of information I dug up before the leads started to go dark, this one is from the Domain Registration site that currently has this information set to private:

Whois info for rockybids.com

Technical Contact:
Benjamin Grossman (big@gmcap.net)
+1.7184543644

Source:

Both Rockybids and Zbiddy have now hidden this information using whois guard.

Benjamin Grossman appears to be the money behind both of the rockybid and zbiddy operations but a little company named Ecom Interactice, LLC appears to be registered by one Gilboa Merdinger also known as Gil Merdinger. This character is the one behind this ginormous RIPOFF SCAM. He also appears to own a number other lesser known websites that run essentially the same php web template to cheat you out of your hard earned money.

FBI, FTC and BBB have all been inadequate in dealing with this GIANT SCAM so far and I am not holding out my breath. District Attorney Pam Bondi who is heading the Investigation in Florida is my last hope here.

I shall continue to investigate this string of scams, however I urge everyone who has been taken in this Holiday Season to write an email to Attorney General Pam Bondi.

CONTACT HER HERE: http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.nsf/contact?Open&Section=Attorney_General

Demand that a criminal investigation be started into Gilboa “the Brains” Merdinger and Benjamin “the Funds” Grossman. The more people she hears from regarding these 2 GIANT SCAMMERS the more chances there are that something is done.

Oh and please feel to REPOST anywhere you like ;)
11/29/12
Answer
bernards
A: i want to try it but if its to good to be true========
2/9/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the Zbiddy staff and other customers.

Similar Pages