pammert
7/14/17

The site is not helpful and it leaves a door open for scam calls and unauthorized charges. All of the positive posts about this site are obviously FAKE!

evangelinet1
3/26/17

This site has saved my life for years. I have donated several times to help keep it up and running, but I have a small fixed income, so I can't give as much as I would like.... but I know I'm not the only scatterbrained person, with a busy mind, who sets down their phone and can't remember where that was....
Today, I came to use it because I may have left my phone at a restaurant, or in my friends' car and was hoping to make it ring before they hit the road back to their home 6 hours away, only to discover the site is offline.
Anyone who loves this service, please drop a penny in the bucket!!!
How will we ever locate our cellphones now????
As for spam calls, as the other person reported...I get those all the time, but never from wheresmycellphone (WMCP). Any number you get a call from, would show your own number calling you, and if the call was generated from WMCP, it would always generate a thank you call from WMCP. So any spam generated would have to be from someone who knew your number and was pranking you and dialing your number from WMCP.
My child doesn't have a cellphone and if he stays home when I go out, and he needs me for anything, he uses WMCP to ring my phone so I know to come on his game site to text with him. It has been an incredible service!!!! Please bring it back!

amandam144
8/31/16

I used this site frequently bc I always would sit my phone down and forget where. I had not used the site for a while..... Now before this when used frequently I didn't connect the dots to spam callers. But after not using for so long and the spamming finally stopping (by me blocking all the numbers or calling back and being removed) and then used it yesterday and the incessant calling has started again "out of the blue"? No. they are selling your number to spam sites to blow your cell phone up with unwanted calls and texts, it's too coincidental for me to spend all that time to get removed from these numbers then as soon as I use the site again to have it start immediately after.

So, use at your own risk. Your number will be given out and you will be bombarded with unwanted calls and texts.

barbs17
8/22/15

Always comes thru!! Please donate!

serenaw2
5/26/15

I love the service, not so much for myself, but my husband is both absent minded and panic prone. This has helped me help him find his phone more than once. Wish I could make it work for his wallet. LOL
Seriously, I've used wheresmycellphone dozens of times over several years. I've never experienced an increase in telemarketers or spam/scam phone calls.

laurap27
10/27/14

I use this website regularly - cause I'm that talented. I see a couple reviewers claiming lots of spam afterwards, which doesn't make sense to me. I have never received spam calls on my cell phone, and trust this site. I wonder if the two found a weird site that has a slightly different name. I use this about four times a week, and have no increase in telemarketer calls.

heatherr21
3/11/14

I have been using this site for years! No spam calls ever! It is awesome.

kiml24
12/2/13

Don't use it! An hour after I used it I started getting calls from so many Random companies!!!! Most are moving companies, babysitting sites, schools, Amish wood companies THE LIST GOES ON AND ON!! I get about 20
Calls a day! Do NOT USE THIS $#*!TY APP!! Some one please help me. They all ask for the same person that is not me!!!

md5
7/8/13

Genius idea! Tested it on my phone and seems to be working fine!

kishah
2/9/13

I used this website to make my phone ring to get out a very annoying date I was having. I set it to call my phone in a minute, turned my volume all the way up so he can hear it ringing, and when the call came, I said that's my babysitter I needed to take it...so I ended the call, quickly put the cell on silent and had a very dramatic conversation....so my grandma died (for about the 20th time, lmbo) and I was quickly able to get out of it...changed my number and I hadn't spoken to him in years...2 years passed, we ran into each other, but we was clearly in different spaces, we went out, dated and guess what, we are married now....he's a great man and father...God is good!

tyw3
1/31/13

I use this site regularly when I misplace my cellphone. Unlike another reviewer has claimed, I've never received spam calls. The site is free to use and states they do not store or sell your phone number. Definitely a site I'll continue using.

guym3
7/10/12

I misplaced my cell phone and had no clue where it was. I remember my friend using a site like this, so I did a quick google search and up popped "wheresmycellphone.com." Since I remembered my friend using it with no downside, I decided to give it a try. One quick phone call, and I had located my phone. But that's not the end of the story.

For a little background, I never receive spam calls/texts on my cell phone. I can't remember the last time I got one or if I ever have received one on this number. Within an hour of using where'smycellphone, this changed. I started getting calls and texts from a bunch of random numbers, some being scams, others being offers for prizes, some telling me about events happening in my area, the list just goes on. Within 5 hours I had received about 16 phone calls and 20 or so texts. Coincidence that this started within an hour of me using wheresmycellphone? I don't think so. The texts and calls have died down a bit, and it's been about a week, but I still get at least a couple of calls and texts a day. It's grown to be annoying as $#*!, I'm considering changing my numbers, and I just wanted warn people not to use a site that more than likely is giving out your numbers to companies/people/scams.

bernicec
9/25/11

It's an easy way to find that misplaced cell phone.

The site does not share or store your phone number. You can, however, block your number if you decide not to use the site anymore. Just click "Stop Calling!" located at the bottom of the page. If someone enters your number for any reason, your phone won't ring.

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the WheresMyCellPhone staff and other customers.

WheresMyCellPhone?