US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

glendad4

I don't know what would happen to me if Swagbucks and their free gift cards were not there. (in 35 reviews)

brandons49

They have always been nice to me and great customer service. (in 16 reviews)

jamesd245

I've made over $100, BUT it is VERY time consuming. (in 84 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

christinar44
7/29/16

I've never been awarded ANY of my swag bucks after completing offers through they're website! I even put in tickets with the help center providing "receipts" for the transactions and they still wouldn't acknowledge them and award my points! Just deleted this useless app and I would give them a negative -10 star rating if I could!!!

kyc1
7/26/16

I've tried quite a few of those "click-to-earn" and survey sites, and most end up being a joke. High cash-out minimums, constantly changing "terms of service" or rewards that never arrive. Swagbucks is actually one of the few that does pay out.

However, there are a few caveats:

1) This site is not for everyone. You will not get rich, and you do need the time and patience if you "work the surveys", and the time and patience to keep track of qualified purchases. It helps to treat it as a job, and keep purchase records, etc and set aside a dedicated time to work the site.

On average, I earn enough for a $25 Amazon eCard a month, but when I sit down and dedicate a few hours a day to it, I've been able to earn $50-75 in a single month, which I have redeemed to my PayPal account as cash.

2) Not all purchases from sites listed as being affiliated with Swagbucks will qualify. For example, Amazon has a small handful of categories you can earn swagbucks from (clothing, jewelry, toys, grooming & beauty, tools and Amazon Home Services), and many other sites also have exclusions or restriction.

Also, to earn the promised swagbucks, you need to click through to the site from the Swagbucks shopping page for that store, or click to activate the "Shop and Earn" feature from the banner on top of the site if you have the Swagbucks browser app installed.

3) Surveys are placed and operated by the various marketing companies, not Swagbucks. Unfortunately, most marketing research companies have a rather narrow "target demographic", and are simply looking for people within that narrow group to validate the sales campaigns they've already committed to. Each product has a particular "demographic" that they want to target: baby products to young urban on-the-go moms, beer to the 21-35 year old "hip" crowd, movies and video games to 14-30 year old males who go to movie theaters at least once a month. Basically, if you don't fit the mold: you're a female gamer, or you don't drink beer or you are older than 40 or make less than $70k a year (which is stupid, because people who make more money don't have the time or desire to spend hours on surveys!), you won't qualify most of the time.

Pro tip: Try the Peanut Labs surveys. They seem to have a better qualifying rate, and the surveys tend to be better organized and run, in general.

4) Disable or whitelist the site to all Ad blockers, trackers (Ghostery, etc) and VPN changers (Hola, ZenMate, your own ISP or browser-provided VPN changer, etc). Using these apps may trigger Swagbucks to disable your account. If you don't want to be tracked, then reward sites like this aren't for you.

5) If your account gets disabled, fight it. Email them, and be polite but persistent. About 10 months ago, I had this happen to me, and I disputed it. They made me send in my ID to prove who I was, and I was reactivated within 7 days of sending a scanned copy to them. I can't prove it, and they won't reveal their reason, but I was disabled the day after I got back from traveling to another state, and I'd been wifi-hopping during my travels. Apparently the "one account per person" excuse is a catch-all reason, and logging in from too many IP addresses in a short amount of time may trigger as suspicious activity.

Tip for consumers: Tl;dr version: You won't get rich, and you have to treat the site as as you would a job, but for those who need a bit of extra spending cash a month, and have time on their hands, Swagbucks is a good deal.

douglasb53
7/25/16

Just did an hour survey. Disqualified me when it wouldn't submit. What a useless waste of time

mayaj4
7/24/16

Hi i thoroughly read out i am impressed by your Shipping. i just want some Knowledge about Customers Mind because i want to start My Business as Customer Loyalty Program. actually i want to start a Business in Pakistan about Burger Shop and also Shipping Facility. but i am scared little bit as i read a Floop of business in Mutton Burger as i read it from http://4jags.com/customer-loyalty-programs-best-loyalty-program-ideas-and-statistics/ . can you suggest me what should i do? your Service is very good and kindly can you guide me little more about it?

mahers4
7/24/16

its really cool way for business , one for all , all for one .

kissm5
7/20/16

swag bucks sucks.. i earn so many and when im done i log out. when i log bk in.. it took mostly all my swag bucks like i never earn it. im so pissed now

Tip for consumers: never use this site...u work hard for your swag bucks and they fake you out

joannec42
7/15/16

I spent over $1k on purchases from Amazon, eBay, and AliExpress, only to see it did not credit after 6 months. Had to spend so much time just to give detail, submit screenshots, and explain myself because I was not credited correctly. Too time consuming and should have found a different website to get cash back for online shopping. Frustrated that one of my purchase over $60 is not eligible just because i used a $10 coupon on Amazon! furthermore, courtesy SB points doesn't even cover the time and frustration spent on this! I deserve those SB points because I used SB to shop! I should have known otherwise to use something else. So beware if you use this, and keep eye on it if you made purchase and have not receive SB points.

tinac67
7/12/16

Ive been a swagbucks member almost 6 yrs and have made over $7,000. I dont do it for a living. I do it for extra money. There are days a spent a lot of time and days I spent a little time. You get out of it what you put into it!

Tip for consumers: Don't give up. Join a good facebook group and learn the ropes!

extct
7/9/16

If you stay in India then Swagbucks is a big no!No videos,no swagcodes,not enough surveys to qualify.
For people in US,UK,Canada this is a great way to earn passive income.If you want to join
use this link and get few bonus on the go:https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/SwagTechie

jamesd245
6/28/16

I've made over $100, BUT it is VERY time consuming. It's very common to be "disqualified" from a survey at the very end. I do not blame swagbucks, but the survey itself. They will take 25 minutes of your time, let you finish, then disqualify you. Luckily, I screenshot EVERY survey to prove it, and swagbucks has credited me every time.

It is unfair though, seeing how much they profit off of our work.

Inboxdollars is horrifying. Swagbucks is the only one I've ever found to at least be decent.

abbyg12
6/23/16

Swagbucks is complete rubbish... I joined this page to earn some extra money but it is a complete time waster.... I have spent about an hour trying to complete surveys for EVERY SINGLE ONE to tell me that I don't qualify... which WOULD be fine if told me that from the very beginning. One survey alone I spent about 15 minutes doing, it said I qualified... I put in my time to answer dozens of questions... and only THEN did it say that I no longer qualified?? I basically just did the whole friken survey and yet I don't qualify?? This is actually ridiculous I feel like I have wasted my whole night to get a few SB... This site has some serious potential if it can only get its $#*! together and prevent these kinds of things from consistently happening. Seriously do not even bother.

marticlew
6/16/16

If ever there was a website that earned money at the expense of its membership it's this one. It is the worst survey website available. They give you access to surveys (some of them requiring professional input) which very often screen you out right at the end of the survey for no reward. Your risk and no loss to them. It's like throwing mud at a wall in the hope that some will stick. In this case you are the mud. If enough people waste their time trying surveys a few will succeed and swagbucks will earn some cash. AVOID. There are plenty of other much more intelligently run survey websites.

terris36
6/16/16

I've been a Swagbucks member for over 5 years. I make around $30 per month. It does take time every day, so if you only have an hour or so per day, it will take much more time to make money on it. Most veterans know that not all special offers pay, so you need to take screenshots of your completion or thank you pages and submit them to support for payout. Most surveys do pay, but sometimes you'll get timed out because they can reach max response at any time during the survey. To sum it up, no, it is not a scam, it just takes dedication.

alliew16
6/10/16

Swagbucks is amazing! I started using them a little over a week and a half ago and I'm almost up to 5,000 points! I've had a lot of fun with the surveys and even learned new things that I didn't know before!!

rickf28
6/5/16

I started spending way to much time on this stupid site. You can collect pop cans for a hour a day and make more money.
Not to mention half the $#*! doesnt even pay or you have to put in $#*! loads of info to be rejected and get $#*! all or 1sb.
Most of the $#*! doesnt even pay you and you have to email staff and waste even more time.

Tip for consumers: If you want to make 30 cents for hours of time and give away tons of personal info and recieve a $#*! load of spam then go for it.

joeb227
6/1/16

I wouldn't recommend swagbucks to an enemy! They suck you in and let you make some money, and then all of a sudden, (I'm thinking I hit an invisible limit), they start screwing around with you. Getting too much doing surveys? All of a sudden I couldn't qualify, or the few times I did, they wouldn't pay out. Starting to make too much on the videos? All of a sudden they get switched up and mostly don't work...makes it too pointless to bother. Spending too much time on N'Crave? Just had a white page for months now. (Refresh it, they say), and even though now I only average 15 cents spending about a half hour there a day, I waited till I was able to redeem 2200 points for a $25 gift card and now it seems, they've screwed me out of that also. I guess my time there is up now. It'd be nice if they told a person there were limits. What a BS site.

madisonh23
5/26/16

I love Swagbucks. The payouts are low for things like watching shows and commercials, but I've found the surveys are fun and pretty high paying. There are also high payouts for things like groceries or simply downloading apps. But the best part of this company is their customer service. They respond within hours and always leave me happier with the company than I was before.

lilyf11
5/26/16

Swagbucks just close your account without any reason if you have lot of cashback in your account.

allenl34
5/25/16

All in all, it's a good site. However, today I had to complain twice. 1st time, 100 points didn't get credited. 2nd time, the survey site got all the info they needed, then they gave a task to perform that was not able to be done. It totally stopped the survey after an hour answering their questions. Avoid the liquor survey if it comes up. I've had several other minor issues that have arisen over the last 2 weeks, but its getting to be a major problem now.
********Apparently Swagbucks reads SiteJabber reviews! My complaints have been resolved and points added to my account. I've reviewed other complaints regarding their practices and I'll verify the validity of those issues soon. In the 3 weeks I've been on SB, I've accumulated roughly 12,000 points without spending a single penny out of my pockets...that's an easy $120, IF THEY'RE LEGIT. I'll keep y'all posted as developments occur.
ANOTHER UPDATE.....I raised holy hell with them today. I'm awaiting $150 to be added to my Paypal account Naturally there's up to a 10 day wait before they remit payment to one's account. I'm starting to wonder if I'll see those Paypal bucks. They appear to be taking my complaints personally. I suffer from insomnia and have been up and working on my account since 2am. My day's tally is the lowest since I signed on. Countless points were never credited to my account upon completion of the tasks. Surveys which pay higher rewards were nonexistent. Surveys mysteriously had software issues just as I was finishing. Additionally I've noticed that they like to undergo system maintenance during peak activity times. More and more I'm starting to question their honesty and professionalism, much less the legitimacy of their site. SCAM????? The jury's still out, but it's definitely not looking good for Swagbucks!

susang110
5/23/16

Love the site, Got to learn how to use site but realise.....................Rome wasn't built in a day

Tip for consumers: I tend to look at reviews about sites before going on them . I think this is an especially good tip

allenp26
5/20/16

They're basically stealing from you. You complete a survey and they don't pay. All the good ways to earn are gone. They say they "love" the president but they're not ethical like him. I've started to contact vendors for whom the surveys are about and explain to them why I won't be buying their products. If I could rate them a zero I would and not lose any sleep. Any good rating you see about them is either a sheeple or a bot.

notmyn
5/20/16

I've been on the site for quite a while now and actually have gotten well over $100 in gift cards from random activities. One of the best ways to earn points is the shop and earn section however this has been in steady decline lately. For most of your purchases, it will never show in their register. If you contact their support, they will start off saying you need to give them 30 days for it to show. After 30 days, they say to give it 60 days then 90 days, etc. It used to be that they would resolve this quickly but now they just want to push it off and not give you the points you earned from basically giving them free marketing information on you, mostly likely hoping you forget to follow back up so they are off the hook. Their customer support has really gone down. I'm getting my last few purchase points, cashing them in and I'm done with Swagbucks. I really wouldn't recommend anyone joining at this point and wasting their time with Swagbucks since their customer service has gone to basically saying to just wait it out for nothing to happen instead of actually addressing a problem.

alexanders62
5/6/16

You can earn a lot more working in a sweatshop. People defend this company so much and they're thrilled to spend their whole days slaving away with surveys they get disqualified for at the last question and not get paid anything. Stingiest and greediest rewards program on the internet. Go to the beermoney subreddit on reddit and find dozens of other better ways to make money on the internet than Scambucks.

kellyw77
4/26/16

I have been doing swagbucks for about a week. I have already earned enough swagbucks to get a 5.00 amazon card and a 3.00 amazon card. If you want to earn enough to get gift cards you have to spend a decent amount of time on there. A person cannot do just one survey or offer and expect to get 500.00 in gift cards. It is just not going to happen. Expecting this site to be your total income for the month is ignorant. If you just want a few extra bucks to buy someone a present or buy yourself something, then it is a good site. To try and make a career out of it, you would need to be on there 24/7.

The only bad thing I have noticed is like someone else stated, I filled out a bunch of questions, then the page says: sorry you don't qualify. I would prefer they just send me surveys catered to my profile instead of wasting my time. I also signed up for a free trial to something and the reward should have been 236 swagbucks and it has been 3 hours and I still don't have them. I also donated 9.00 to the wildlife foundation and the reward for that is 1500 swagbucks, and I have not received those yet either.

Bottom line is, everything you do on the internet is a gamble when you are trying to get free things. Sure they gave me 800 swagbucks previously, but I can almost bet that I will not see any from the two things that I paid for. If that is the case, I will continue to use swagbucks. However, I will not pay one penny for any trials on there or support any causes on their site ever again. I will only do their surveys and watch videos and eventually it will add up. I do not blame them for my decision to pay for those things in the hopes of getting swagbucks. I do however, think that is false advertising.

juanm71
4/15/16

They've made it harder to earn as many SwagBucks as you once could, which is stupid, since three-fourths of the offers don't credit you after you complete them. From what I've heard, the general consensus is that customer service is a total joke and even giving them screenshots as proof won't do anything. It's also very difficult to qualify for just one survey, even though you have to complete a detailed profile before taking them. It was frustrating, disheartening and just not very fun. There are sites lie it out there that are superior in almost every way; I suggest you look for one of them.

5 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Swagbucks staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question