US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

pauld206
2/24/17

Using trialpay provided access to enter my phones details I have not received an unlock code. So disappointing!!!!

I have tried to contact the company providing the unlock code but haven't received any response. I then tried contacting trialpay who have pretty much told me it isn't their problem!!!!

How a company which has made money from the transaction can wash their hands in this way is unbelievable. I would give them 0 stars except that this isn't allowed and at least they answered their emails. I cant even unsuscribe!!!!!

judym100
2/23/17

It may seem okay at first when you join but it will get much worse, I guarantee it! They will chew you up for a bit while you are racking up credits and then they will spit you out faster then you can say 'SCAM" once you build up your credits. I have only been a member less than a month and it is hard enough to build up SBs (credits) but once you start getting close to your 2500 points in your first 30 days in order to get a free $5 worth, they will screw you over.

I am currently at around 2400 lifetime SBs (credits) and I only have 1 week to get to 2500 to get my free $5. But I am also at around 390 SBs to get another $5 that I rightfully earned. Ironically things started going weird this past week. Right now I can't get even into the site. The screen is all distorted and I can't do a thing on the site.

But I started noticing that MOST surveys were suddenly not crediting after completion after I spent 20 - 30 mins answering all of their survey questions and giving my opinions. (not qualifying questions, OPINIONS).

Then, I started getting virus screens while watching their videos which would lock up my screen and I had to reboot over and over to try to get out of that virus screen. Then I had to spend 3 - 4 hours each time running full scans to contain/quarantine/get rid of the Zeus virus.

I have a feeling that I am never going to see this last potential $10 that I am trying to get to. I only have 100 SBs to go. So obviously this is their ploy to run away with my hard earned SBs!!!

They are CROOKS! WHY anyone wants to do business like this and treat their good customers this way is totally beyond me!

bobbya21
2/23/17

This site was awesome when they began, now its gone downhill for the worst, the 3 games they have are a huge time waste, says you can get 10 SB for each time you play, to my dismay you only get 2 and that is 2 for every 2 times played, their videos are rendered worthless and the offers they have you have to waste your hard earned money on just to receive 20% of what you spent on them, steer clear of this site.

saram136
2/21/17

After many surveys and days I won a prize. So I claimed it and they disabled my account with no any reason.
Stay away

justing69
2/19/17

After 2 hours of trying surverys, I finally get one. I spend 40 minutes answering questions for a survery I was told I qualified for and that would take 20 minutes only to be told "sorry, you do not qualify for this survery". LMAO!!! RUN AWAY. You will waste your life for nothing on this site. Unbelievable.

suf28
2/12/17

I made $57.00 and they just deactivate my account!! When I tried to get an explanation, they just ignore my emails.

seanl48
2/10/17

I began this program in May of 2016. I really enjoyed it and I made decent SB. However, this program has gone downhill slowly but surely. They took away the radio program then made it harder and harder to get the daily bonus. Surveys take so long and you will often not qualify 3/4 of the way through. The videos don't work on my computer anymore for some reason. Overall, I'm really close to quitting; I really don't know why I hang on. I'm hoping to find a better alternative soon.

susanm277
2/9/17

I love the ability to take a friend to the movies or treat someone to a dinner I wouldn't be able to afford. The points are easy to build, some days are more difficult than others, but I wouldn't be without my Swagbucks.

kayp28
2/6/17

My husband thought I'd enjoy doing this after he'd been doing this for awhile, so I signed up. At first, it was fun, and it was cool to use it to send a friend a $5 gift card to brighten their day after so often. However, it got to the point where you'd do a 15-minute survey, the company would ask a question at the end (AFTER getting your opinion), and it would spit you out and say you didn't qualify . . . AFTER you finished the survey. I contacted Swagbucks several times and said I thought that was shady. They never responded, nor were my points restored. This is an inconsiderate waste of time, and the vendors they deal with try to get your info so they can spam you. I was recommending this to friends, but now I'd say steer clear.

benjamins39
2/5/17

Not even worth one star. They made so many dumb changes and now so hard to earn swagbucks or I should say extremely time consuming it's no longer fun to chase after the bucks. Well the bucks stops here haha. What's up with the gift cards now, $3 gift cards? Should have left well enough alone because now this site will soon be in the trash pile as other better ones come along. By the way not one survey will accept me and not one game on GSN credits nor does half of the app downloads or email submits. Blows!!

bonniep42
2/2/17

This site used to be quite good. But over time, they have cut and cut the earnings potential to the point where you feel like you are paying THEM to make them rich. They push you and push you to recruit new suckers to put money in their greedy pockets. It has really just turned into a scam. They Just check out their FB page. Full of pretty much nothing but complaints. Don't wate your time here. You will end up frustrated and disappointed. The sheer number of lies the company spews is just unbelievable.

julib3
2/2/17

A complete waste of time, spend 20 minutes answering their questions and all of the sudden, you're no longer eligible to take the survey. Do not use this website. I am reporting them to the BBB.

cdcc
1/29/17

I've been a member of Swagbucks for almost 3 years now and they were very good at first, but every year they decline. If you send in too many screenshots for surveys that you have completed and not received credit for, then you are 'black-listed'. Most of their offers are junk now and not worth wasting your time on, as you don't receive any credit for them. I would not refer anyone to Swagbucks anymore. Stay away from this site.

sueh82
1/11/17

Swagbucks was great at the beggining, now....its a pain in the butt to earn any points, they make it so difficult and hardly ever gives you any credit for their "shop and earn", it used to be worth it...not any more...all swagbucks will ever do its steal your time from actually doing something productive in life....

nishantp
1/11/17

1) Swagbucks simply does not let you earn in any sort of way after the first 7/10 days...maybe a few months for others.
2) Points are never updated. Most of the contests, surveys, etc are a waste of time.
Wonder how the U.S government does not bring this site to justice. Also all those mobile apps just spam your smartphone/s.

cbh1
1/10/17

Yes, Swagbucks is a legitimate source of earning gift cards to retailers for taking surveys/watching videos. However, a lot of those surveys will begin and then tell you that you do not qualify but have earned 1 SB for trying. By the way 1SB is equivalent to 1 penny. I took a 20 minute survey. At about the 18 minute mark and 96% completion of this survey, I was redirected to the Swagbucks website as it turns out I did not qualify for this survey. I do not mind taking the surveys. I do mind spending a significant amount of time starting surveys to only be redirected and I told I did not qualify. It is extremely frustrating and SB needs to only populate surveys on your home page that you are actually qualified to participate in!

kendalls19
1/9/17

What a joke! I was actually excited after making a huge ($900) purchase through Sonos, which after 2 months I was awarded nearly 10,000 points for. Finally, after waiting for the points to go through, I tried to reedem a $100 Amazon gift card with all my points. The next day I got a message saying they couldn't verify my redemption, AND they took away all the points from my Sonos purchase, saying my purchase was returned. Uhm, I think I would know if I returned $900 worth of equipment!! They literally REFUSED to accept verification and told me they were "done responding to my claim and there was nothing to be done." Thank God I didn't spend years trying to earn up the points like the poor suckers who use this website regularly! Don't waste your time.

taylora13
1/8/17

I found out about Swagbucks from a blog on how to make money online. It seemed very convenient so I signed up and they baited me with a little bit of free money to start out with. I had my heart set on reaching that $3 (300 SB) eBay card, I spent the rest of the day doing their small variety of tasks ranging from a daily poll that pays 2 cents (yes, 2) to watching 1 hour worth of videos for a whopping 3 cents (again, this isn't a joke). The stratey that seemed most efficient to me was doing surveys, unfortunately, approximately 100% of the surveys you attempt will disqualify you, I stayed at an idle 230 SB since last night and all of this morning since I woke up in the vain attempt of making that extra 70 SB I needed to reach my goal of obtaining a $3 eBay giftcard, after being disqualified from all of 15 surveys since last night (that marks my failure rate at 100%) I became more angry than my usual mangry sentiment, I proceeded to write this review to warn others of the dangers of online surveys, don't make the same mistake I did, the surveys are rigged and you're genuinely working for pennies per task (even surveys), after being rejected 15 times in a row spanning one entire night and one entire morning I knew something very fishy was going on, instead of being compensated for a deserving minimum wage allocation for my estimated 8 hours of work (plus overtime) I was treated like a mouse on a wheel working for crumbs on a good day. Speaking of compensation, it's important to know that any offers you do will not reward you with any form of compensation, I've done offers where I signed up to a website and answered very lengthy surveys cohesive with those signups and upon finishing I was yet again bamboozled, stay off Swagbucks, all of those testimonials you read about the site paying huge sums of cash are either bribes or fraudulent. If you want to know how to actually make money online it seems like your only viable options are to learn lucrative skills like art or programming for freelance work and focus on writing articles for websites in the mean time (if you're lucky enough to even find a site accepting articles from average joes instead of just university graduates who have been submitting articles to the site every day for years).

Tip for consumers: DON'T use the site, you're never gonna make that 300 SB needed for the cheapest reward option, I speak from experience, and even if you do somehow make the money I've read countless horror stories from people saying their account was banned the moment they tried cashing out, that's why I was going for the cheapest option which is a $3 gift card.

terris42
1/6/17

When I joined Swagbucks in 2011, I was made around $50-60 per month. The next year, I made a bit less for the same amount of time and activities. Every year since, I have to spend twice the amount of time on the site to make a minimum of $35 per month. Swagbucks site constantly changing, whether the changes are positive or lateral. The visual design is stimulating, and makes it appear that earnings are as easy as clicking, but the reality is that maybe a third of offers credit without having to "submit a ticket", videos are hit or miss, and they have yet, in the five years I have been a member, to address the fact that the first week of every month is barren of news offers, videos, or surveys. The daily bonus does not make up for it, nor do the occasional codes or team challenge bonuses. If they would spend half the amount of time they spend on changing designs, or giving out bonuses that you have to meet a quota for, and just fix the problems, they would better compete with earning sites that reliably pay out. Having said this, if you do earning sites, do stay with them, but don't expect the same reliability.

graceo22
1/6/17

Swagbucks surveys suck! This morning I completed 3 surveys worth 60, 80 and 100 swagbucks. I took a screen shot showing that I completed the surveys. The swagbucks were never awarded. I wrote to Swagbucks and Daniel wrote back and said Swagbucks had no proof I had completed the survey and that because I submitted numerous complaints - being three reports including the screen shots of the completed surveys, of not recieving the awards - that Swagbucks would take 5 days but basically that they weren't going to do anything. Then when I posted it on their Facebook page... they commented that by submitting a "complaint" or questioning or asking for help - anyway you want to look at it- that I automatically agreed to them not having to do anything to correct the problem.

WHAT A SCAM. GET SURVEYS COMPLETED FOR THE COMPANIES WHO ARE PAYING THEM, BUT DON'T PAY THE PEOPLE DOING THE SURVEYS! CAN WE SAY RIP OFF????

amberm85
1/5/17

I am so excited it's not a scam! It does take work and dedication to taking surveys but the extra fifty bucks I made in my spare time allowed me to buy something for myself. So glad I finally found something that is not a scam!

Tip for consumers: Getting the app on your phone helps a lot and allows you to do surveys not available on the computer.

ganb1
1/4/17

I tried my first purchase of Hulu through this account. Swagbucks mentioned rewards of 2000 SBs. After two days of email exchange with their customer service, all they ended up saying was that I talk to some third party customer service as they were unable to resolve the issue. I recommend that you use this service with full caution. I ended up wasting $7.99 on Hulu.

Update: The Swagbucks was able to finally resolve it. I got my 2000 SBs! So updating my rating

dawns86
1/2/17

They make it harder and harder to earn even a hundred points a day. That equals one dollar. People are on Facebook stating they had to contact them repeatedly for their points. That counts as time. If you have to send emails and screenshots to earn your dollar a day that brings it down to about a dollar for 2 or 3 hours of monotony.When you finally get SB for searches they expire in minutes and you lose them. The videos crash and I have been sent to a bogus chrome site a few times. The longest video streams that run for hours tend to crash at the end so that you don't earn the 4SB! 3 hour video for about 4 cents? I'm concerned about how smart people are that brag about $500 gift card that probably took them about 10 times longer than if they worked for minimum wage, also using large amounts of data and streaming the same stupid videos over and over day in and day out. Some videos are years old. It's okay if you get some points for searching or purchasing something you normally do. The amount of time spent just trying to get what you are owed, puts you in the hole, People just don't realize that their time is worth more than a penny and hour. SMH

sans21
12/31/16

When I signed up it was easier to qualify for surveys but I soon realized the surveys were 'crashing' or 'freezing' after they had most of the dstas they needed. I was kickjed out of one for being a democrat so I'm wondering who is funding these. Anyway I always copy the number of the survey so when they crash or freeze I still get credit but now I no longer qualify for surveys. I get one every other day. This site makes money by driving customers into sleazy sites offering free stuff but actually they get $$ when you purchase stuff. Son initially its easy and then its difficult. I was getting a gift card every few days now it takes a week nor two because I don't buy things. I've been st 400 points for a week when I get to 500 pts I'm cashing out and sweepstacking the remains. Waste of time I'd rather do ebay

eg283
12/19/16

SB fails to credit rewards much of the time. You're supposed to get screen shots of everything you do to prove that you correctly completed activities or offers. But even when you do remember to get screenshots of every step of every activity, they tell you that your computer's fiirewall, or antivirus, or anti-adware/malware, or popup blocker, or whatever, is not supposed to be running when you're on swagbucks. I disabled everything when on SB for a solid week but SB still reneged on rewards. I'd like to know how they can claim that certain apps were running when you're completing offers yet they need screenshots as evidence??? It's baloney. Also, when you complete offers on their third party partners, you NEVER receive the promised SB. You're required to provide screenshots to the third party partners, not SB, Which would be fine if they didn't gank things up too, like requiring you to complete a captcha challenge in order to report-but no captcha challenge appears. Forget reporting a problem to Swagbucks-they treat yo like a half-wit, telling you things that you already know because you took the time to read Ts & Cs and are sensible enough to follow rules and instructions, yet they manage to slide away from anything remotely resembling answers to their bugs. Watch out for the occasional disappearing SB. I've gotten a lot further with Crowdtap for all its limitations in a month than I have on swagbucks in more than a year.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site unless you don't care if you receive your promised rewards and have nothing but time.

9 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

34 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Swagbucks staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
miccic
Micci C.
on 11/1/16
Answer
manuelam5
manuela m.
A: Yep it take an hour to make 20 centsI timed it yesterday 11/26/2016 And that is with the 5sb rip off
on 11/27/16
on 10/3/16
Answer
js251
J S.
A: Don't bother emailing them. They will not credit you anyways even if you have proof. Some of the offers are scams. Swagbucks used to be legit and reliable now I am not so sure
on 12/15/16