US Government’s NSF

Manhattan Beach, CA 90267, USA
Tel: 1-877-748-2714

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

I had good luck with Swagbucks for a very long time but it seems their ploy is to set you up and get your confidence and then rip you off. On October 7 I verified a $25 Paypal payment which they claimed was sent to me October 10. But I never received it and my customer service inquiries were ignored. I have another $25 coming that I'm guessing they will scam me out of as well and have stopped using the site.

Worse-than-usual scam-site because you can't tell right away... it's a scam site...
just avoid ANY of these types of sites. 0% customer support.

Hit and miss, very poor quality control of surveys, half the time you get surveys claiming to be 20 minutes and turnout to be an hour or more repeating the same set of questions over and over again, it ends up a hundred or more pages... and suddenly, after that hour of repeat questioning the survey ends with a message stating "the Survey is full" of some generic thing and you get no earnings at all.

It seems Swagbucks have started on the path of filling requests with time wasters

When you do get some earnings it seems low for the amount of time, like 1 or 3 SB (1 pennies worth) for watching 6+ minutes worth of videos.

Occasionally you get one or two that last the said time and you get 30 to 70 SB.

Overall, very much in decline i think.

This site is nothing more than a rip-off. They will "gift" you 1 SB for each survey you do not qualify for. Problem is, I've been told that I qualify for six surveys. I've been redirected and given the chance to complete each survey. Then, I redirected back to the homepage and told I didn't meet the qualifications. That's BS because I have screenshots proving that I took the entire survey. This company is a waste of time and I will never recommend them to anyone. I should have well over 800 SB points from the surveys I qualified for and completed but this dumb*** keeps "gifting" me one credit instead of the credits I've earned.

I have been a member of Swagbucks for 2 years now and have earned mostly cash (thru PayPal) and a few giftcards. I've had little trouble with them except they have been making it a bit more difficult to earn in a timely manner. However, still getting regular payouts. Swag is NOT a scam and I can attest to that!!

$100 PayPal gift card pending, thousands of Swag bucks and thousands of Swagbucks in current sweepstakes yet to determine the winner and they close my account and gave me no way to contact them. I use my nephew's account to get in contact with them and complained and they close that account down to which was active with a lot of points and current sweepstakes yet to be drawn. They are SCAM bucks. They will make you work for them five six months and you won't see one red penny. They won't have the courtesy to give you what they owe you or what you had in quite some point they will close your account completely ignore you scam bucks

Customer service only ever returns automated messages; they do not pay out on the offers they claim to, it's been weeks and weeks of having this useless adware on my browser to get nothing from it. Stay away from these guys.

I recently joined Swagbucks, yes it does pay, you do receive gift cards, however you will also receive lots, and lots of calls from Fake IRS, satellite sales, ect. They sell your contact information. Beware....

Deactivated my account for no reason when I had five gift cards that they wouldnt email me the codes! WASTE OF TIME! Dont trust them! This is a scam site for you to fill out forms with the promise of paying you for your time.

It's getting harder and harder to earn, or to get a decent reply or any help from their HQ or support team. Try if you have the time, but be prepared to not get paid for some of your work, and don't let your balance get too high before cashing out. I have the feeling that this place is going to close up shop some day soon, and anyone with a balance of $ owed will be left hanging in the wind.

The offers barely give you any points. I joined through a Listia credit offer and you have to get 500 SB by the end of a month or so.....basically impossible if you have a life. I don't recommend this place at all. They also want you to watch double digits of videos for barely any SB and don't even get me started on the surveys.

I have been locked out of my account and cannot get a response from a human being. I have OVER 19,500 points in my account as well as several gift cards that I just submitted that need to be redeemed. This is completely dishonest of the company, especially since I have been a loyal participant for over a year and have logged more than 30,000 points thus far. I am sorry that I recommended this site to others. I agree, something should be done.

Wanted to try to get the $3 in Amazon. Took 8 days, about 8h per day to 'cheat' the system and got myself deactivated. Cheating I was making about 2 cents worth of points per hour. You will make less if you try to earn points legitimately. Don't waste your time.

I've made about $45 so far. It is a time suck, the website often doesn't credit me for things that I do or surveys that go on forever and then boot me stating that I don't fit the criteria. If you're going to try and do a bunch of surveys make sure to make note of survey numbers and take screen shots if they boot you. You can appeal to Swagbucks and you may or may not get credit. If you have time to waste, its not a terrible way to make money.

Thought this is great, I buy a lot online and can earn cash back right?? Only when they feel like giving you credit! I was buying small items here and there on Lowes and once or twice spent 200.00. That was one site I could shop and get credit for all my purchases. Then a couple of days after my last purchase I bought a 2500.00 lawnmower. I checked and triple checked to make sure Swagbucks was on, etc. Of course all of sudden my purchase becomes a ghost and doesn't show. That was a 50.00 gift card right there for one purchase they refuse to give me. I complained several times and got nothing, I jumped through all their hoops and took screenshots and pics of receipts and nothing. They finally just quit responding to my questions of what is going on? Ebay spent thousands since joining Swagbucks and been given credit for one 6.00 purchase and one 28.00 dollar purchase, that's it! I've won well over a hundred auctions and let them know I wasn't being credited and nothing. QVC and other sites I buy from is like a lottery, never know if your going to get credit or not. Surveys are a complete waste of time, they kick you off with one or two questions left and lose the 100 points promised. I understand here and there a glitch might occur but it's a sham for sure when major purchases are made and all of a sudden you don't get credit, even with the proof they ask of you. MY ADVICE IS DON'T BOTHER........

I've never been awarded ANY of my swag bucks after completing offers through they're website! I even put in tickets with the help center providing "receipts" for the transactions and they still wouldn't acknowledge them and award my points! Just deleted this useless app and I would give them a negative -10 star rating if I could!!!

I've tried quite a few of those "click-to-earn" and survey sites, and most end up being a joke. High cash-out minimums, constantly changing "terms of service" or rewards that never arrive. Swagbucks is actually one of the few that does pay out.

However, there are a few caveats:

1) This site is not for everyone. You will not get rich, and you do need the time and patience if you "work the surveys", and the time and patience to keep track of qualified purchases. It helps to treat it as a job, and keep purchase records, etc and set aside a dedicated time to work the site.

On average, I earn enough for a $25 Amazon eCard a month, but when I sit down and dedicate a few hours a day to it, I've been able to earn $50-75 in a single month, which I have redeemed to my PayPal account as cash.

2) Not all purchases from sites listed as being affiliated with Swagbucks will qualify. For example, Amazon has a small handful of categories you can earn swagbucks from (clothing, jewelry, toys, grooming & beauty, tools and Amazon Home Services), and many other sites also have exclusions or restriction.

Also, to earn the promised swagbucks, you need to click through to the site from the Swagbucks shopping page for that store, or click to activate the "Shop and Earn" feature from the banner on top of the site if you have the Swagbucks browser app installed.

3) Surveys are placed and operated by the various marketing companies, not Swagbucks. Unfortunately, most marketing research companies have a rather narrow "target demographic", and are simply looking for people within that narrow group to validate the sales campaigns they've already committed to. Each product has a particular "demographic" that they want to target: baby products to young urban on-the-go moms, beer to the 21-35 year old "hip" crowd, movies and video games to 14-30 year old males who go to movie theaters at least once a month. Basically, if you don't fit the mold: you're a female gamer, or you don't drink beer or you are older than 40 or make less than $70k a year (which is stupid, because people who make more money don't have the time or desire to spend hours on surveys!), you won't qualify most of the time.

Pro tip: Try the Peanut Labs surveys. They seem to have a better qualifying rate, and the surveys tend to be better organized and run, in general.

4) Disable or whitelist the site to all Ad blockers, trackers (Ghostery, etc) and VPN changers (Hola, ZenMate, your own ISP or browser-provided VPN changer, etc). Using these apps may trigger Swagbucks to disable your account. If you don't want to be tracked, then reward sites like this aren't for you.

5) If your account gets disabled, fight it. Email them, and be polite but persistent. About 10 months ago, I had this happen to me, and I disputed it. They made me send in my ID to prove who I was, and I was reactivated within 7 days of sending a scanned copy to them. I can't prove it, and they won't reveal their reason, but I was disabled the day after I got back from traveling to another state, and I'd been wifi-hopping during my travels. Apparently the "one account per person" excuse is a catch-all reason, and logging in from too many IP addresses in a short amount of time may trigger as suspicious activity.

Tip for consumers: Tl;dr version: You won't get rich, and you have to treat the site as as you would a job, but for those who need a bit of extra spending cash a month, and have time on their hands, Swagbucks is a good deal.

Just did an hour survey. Disqualified me when it wouldn't submit. What a useless waste of time

Hi i thoroughly read out i am impressed by your Shipping. i just want some Knowledge about Customers Mind because i want to start My Business as Customer Loyalty Program. actually i want to start a Business in Pakistan about Burger Shop and also Shipping Facility. but i am scared little bit as i read a Floop of business in Mutton Burger as i read it from . can you suggest me what should i do? your Service is very good and kindly can you guide me little more about it?

its really cool way for business , one for all , all for one .

swag bucks sucks.. i earn so many and when im done i log out. when i log bk in.. it took mostly all my swag bucks like i never earn it. im so pissed now

Tip for consumers: never use this site...u work hard for your swag bucks and they fake you out

I spent over $1k on purchases from Amazon, eBay, and AliExpress, only to see it did not credit after 6 months. Had to spend so much time just to give detail, submit screenshots, and explain myself because I was not credited correctly. Too time consuming and should have found a different website to get cash back for online shopping. Frustrated that one of my purchase over $60 is not eligible just because i used a $10 coupon on Amazon! furthermore, courtesy SB points doesn't even cover the time and frustration spent on this! I deserve those SB points because I used SB to shop! I should have known otherwise to use something else. So beware if you use this, and keep eye on it if you made purchase and have not receive SB points.

Ive been a swagbucks member almost 6 yrs and have made over $7,000. I dont do it for a living. I do it for extra money. There are days a spent a lot of time and days I spent a little time. You get out of it what you put into it!

Tip for consumers: Don't give up. Join a good facebook group and learn the ropes!

If you stay in India then Swagbucks is a big no!No videos,no swagcodes,not enough surveys to qualify.
For people in US,UK,Canada this is a great way to earn passive income.If you want to join
use this link and get few bonus on the go:

I've made over $100, BUT it is VERY time consuming. It's very common to be "disqualified" from a survey at the very end. I do not blame swagbucks, but the survey itself. They will take 25 minutes of your time, let you finish, then disqualify you. Luckily, I screenshot EVERY survey to prove it, and swagbucks has credited me every time.

It is unfair though, seeing how much they profit off of our work.

Inboxdollars is horrifying. Swagbucks is the only one I've ever found to at least be decent.

6 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Swagbucks staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question