Review of SoftwareKing

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jamesc411
4/10/17

Google Ads showed MS Office compatible with Mac and Windows and showing a lower price. Website details is different. Please make sure you read before you buy as this is shady!

richardf91
4/4/17

Purchased 5 copies of Windows 7 from SoftwareKing, downloaded once and created my USB which I managed to use to wipe Windows 10 and load 7 on all 5 PC's in my Office. Plugged in the 5 product keys they supplied me to activate with Microsoft and I was in business. Thanks so much.

tomj125
4/4/17

Never had an issue with anything provided, after sales support is good too. Thanks King I'll be back!

tylerd35
3/21/17

My PCs background was black and it said it was not genuine, purchased a windows 7download from these guys and used the key to activate to make genuine again, I got the key right away and it worked. Thanks!

markj194
3/15/17

All at a good price. I like the instant delivery that they offer, I needed the license right away to convert a Microsoft Office trial. Thanks!

naomip9
3/14/17

Needed to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro and bought Softwareking's download. The key didn't initially work as I didn't realize there are both upgrade and full versions you can buy but their staff helped me get it to work. Now I am up and running on Windows 10 Pro and couldn't be happier, thanks so much.

carad13
3/8/17

I required some assistance before making the purchase so contacted Softwareking and could not be happier with the help I got. Product installed easily and I activated the product key with Microsoft so no worries about authenticity. I will definitely be back, thank you.

davidp317
3/7/17

Product was exactly as advertised, great price and no problems with the download so I'm one happy customer, had never even heard of these guys before but I see they've been around for years and are trusted so I'll certainly purchase again.

katiem100
3/7/17

Had a quick question which the live chat rep helped me out with and then the purchase and download went without incident so very impressed, thanks guys!

sheilac40
3/2/17

They had a fantastic sale on Office 2010. Everything went as advertised so really happy with the purchase. Thanks guys, will definitely be back!

lisah261
3/1/17

toms301
3/1/17

Had a few simple questions which support helped me out with, ordered and had the software operational within 20 minutes, not bad! Best price I found which had live support.

williamb253
12/21/16

I have ordered from them before and had very good service with no issues until recently. They must have some horrible employees or managers to let the company go down this fast.

I bought an older version of Microsoft Office from Software King who sent me a used product key that could not be activated. When I reported it to them all I got was a bunch of lies that the key was valid. I told them when I tried to activate the software, I received an error message that it had been installed too many times.

Software King's only solution was that I had to activate it using the phone and I told them if this was a new product key and I should not have to do that. That is only done if you transfer the software to a different computer. I've done that before so I know how it works.

Their response was that I must have it installed on more than one computer. Yeah right. I can't even get it installed and activated on one computer so how am I going to install it on another. They'll say anything to cover their asses.

I just discovered Microsoft is suing Software King for selling counterfeit software with bad keys. I'm glad I reported it to them and hope others will too and not just post on these boards. The only way to get action is to report it.

I hope Microsoft burns their ass. I'll be on the sidelines cheering them on.

Tip for consumers: Stay away. Don't buy their instant gratification crap because they didn't give me my activation key until the next day. They were probably waiting for the next shipment of counterfeit product keys from China.

allenh38
12/20/16

They sent me a key and download instructions for windows 7. Won't work as Microsoft will not support the necessary updates and downloads. Once you try the software key, the SoftwareKing staff says they can't use it and will not refund your money. Naturally, you have to use the key to see if it works. Bogus! Then they want to engage in an endless stream of chat and or email which is fruitless except for their strategy to keep your money. If they worked as hard at providing a good product as they do in discouraging the customers claim for a refund, they would be rich. Don't do it, it's easier to go and buy a new machine or have a professional install the version of windows that you want...

davids631
12/10/16

These guys actually warned me via live chat not to buy anything from other companies whose prices are less than theirs because they are all fraudulent companies!

I just got defrauded around $100, buying a Windows 7 download which actually contained a Trojan Horse virus and an error message appeared at the end of the download saying there was a formatting error!
They talked to me via live chat and said they would immediately send a Microsoft DVD and it never came. Of course, they are no longer on live chat, they don't answer their toll-free phone number and they don't reply to emails.

Here are other sites that you could leave a review:

The toll-free phone number for the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CAFC) is 888-495-8501 and you can also file a complaint at www.antifraudcentre.ca.

I encourage everyone to do so right away!

belindab28
9/19/16

This is stupid and a goddamn waste of time. You lying bastards told me that this office suite would work. Well guess what? It does not! Not only does it not work as advertised, it is now stuck in my computer and I can't get rid of it!

oliverw22
8/31/16

You have the best marketing strategy....yet worst after sales service

aldenr11
8/29/16

Of all the time I gave the techsupport, still You can't figure out the cause of the problem of your software ?

heatherg49
8/28/16

i paid good money for this. this isn't fair

annies56
8/27/16

you lying bastards

maes21
8/22/16

not satisfied

dorotheac1
8/14/16

They did NOTHING!!!! They blabbered and yapped but nothing happened! I NEED I REFUND FOR YOUR SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!

jessicas182
8/10/16

They provide counterfeit software!

kingy2
8/9/16

they are selling illegal software

christinam77
8/8/16

the rep was unbelievably incompetent

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SoftwareKing staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question