US Government’s NSF

Tel: +1.8156420460
svr.dns@gmail.com

jessicab13
8/13/11

Definitely a great website for prevention of being scammed or opening e mails with viruses, etc.. Definitely worth reading daily.

keythr
3/30/11

Scambuster Weekly Newsletter Free!

Set up by two dedicated American anti-scammers, Audri and Jim Lanford, www.scambusters.org issues a weekly newsletter on internet fraud and other scams targeting modern consumers. At the time of writing (March 2011) they are on issue number 140. Subscription is FREE. It is more general information and advice than Site Jabber, which obviously focuses on individual websites. However, I think most Site Jabber readers would be interested.

Scambuster.org gives links to various news stories on consumer fraud, rundowns on how frauds are set up, updates and advice on common scams and frauds.
The website is pretty well laid out and the links are clear and easy to find.
Run by a very small team, it is funded by click through ads, special offers and donations - can't blame them for that it's expensive to run a big site and even a small team costs money to work full time. (Site Jabber has a cleaner, better designed website in my opinion but does not have the clutter of ads as it has external funding.)

Scambusters have been featured in a whole host of media. (See http://www.scambusters.org/press.html)

Like Site Jabber, Scambusters shows how just a team of a few good people can help make a difference in the fight against internet crime and other frauds. Kudos.

Four stars.

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Scambusters.org staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
lindat94
Linda T.
Q: Greetings,

First I would like to say there is a ton of great information provided that people need to know, thank you. The site is very well put together and user friendly. From the start I was drawn in and researching integrity randomly as I continued. I saw good reviews on Scambuster usters as well so I am excited to be a subscriber now and also interested in purchasing the offered package at the new subscriber rate!

Although, I am seeking clarification on a few things before providing further information.
1) How long have you been in business and what is your average yearly growth rate percent?
2)) I do not see a PayPal option so can I mail a money order as a form of payment or am I missing something?
3) It has been explained to me several times https has virtually replace http and to ensure a URL is secured with https. I am going to school in IT related fields and understand this is not to claim ALL http sites are "bad". Though, I notice you have http and would like to ask the decision to not transfer to https after made availble.

After reading through your information, I am enlightened. However, I understand how serious and scary this stuff is and my senses are on scam alert so it is not easy to turn over card information when I have a family with 6 kids.

Thank you for your time. I will wait your reply before making my finial decision of any purchases. Have a blessed day!

Respectfully,

Linda

(Please forgive possible spelling errors as a spell check is not available and I am on a time crunch to review it all right now.)
on 6/4/16
Add your answer
stevec145
steve c.
on 4/13/16
Answer
henryg57
Henry G.
A: Phone line disconnected. Want money upfront for "cancellation" before returning money to me. Returns are very good but computer system is manual input and not kept up to date regarding lodgements etc.
4 days, 1 hour ago