US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ireneh24
5/5/16

i just find out not long time ago this place, soooo 3 weeks ago i oder a shoe and a handbags,AND A SANDAL i got it today, i'm very happy, the shoes goes to HUNGARY , the bag its my. AND THE SANDALS
still waiting more staff to arrive, but i'm happy cause look like ALI EXPRESS, 3 TIMES not getting my order, and no refund, they not even talking to me. its a SCAM ALI EXPRESS
for me now SAMMY is a great place to shop.

tonip6
12/3/15

Ordered shoes on 7/5/15. We are now in December with no shoes and no one will respond to my calls. I have left several messages and they do not answer their phones or reply to messages.

stephanya1
1/31/15

Ordered October 22nd, 2014, and today is January 31st, 2015. Six to eight weeks, my eye! Four e-mails, and four messages left on their answering machine, all spaced several days and weeks apart, without reply. Scam!

margaretc5
11/13/14

I am like everyone else, ordered my birks and never receive them. I see a "Peter J" replying to some other complaints. I hope I'll get a response too. My order was placed on May 14, 2011 Order #1305428267-9922522439. So far my emails and phone calls received no response.

evac2
11/6/14

I made an order online July 03, 2011 (1309703242-9923215870) for a pair of Birkenstock. The company charged my visa card, but I still have not received my order. I've tried calling and emailing them, but no replies what so ever. I've already filed a complain through my visa card company to get my money back.

Unfortunately my mom did the same mistake and made a purchase yesterday through them. I made her to cancel the order (1316178693-992311557). So hopefully they don't charge her credit card.

It's too sad to see how this company has become. I had a very pleasant experience purchasing Birkenstock with them few years back without any problem. I will not make any purchase from them ever again.

gailw15
7/12/14

My entire family has been ordering from sandals4less for many years. We love Birkenstock sandals and they have a great selection and assortment of colors. Never had a problem reaching anyone by phone and always received a shipping confirmation. I posted a photo of my favorite Birkenstocks that are helpful for me with high arches. Glad they were able to recommend my new favorites.

alliem24
11/1/13

Peter Jensen is a scammer. He does not ever actually send the sandals that are ordered. Do not trust him. He also owns the company "Maine Limousine Rental" and he gave himself a 5 star rating on this site.

joshh15
10/11/12

I have ordered numerous sandals from this site and have never had a problem. I have spoken with Peter and he is very helpful with any questions you may have. I know there was an issue in the past regarding family member's sabotaging their computer system out of spite. I am happy to see Peter is back up and running! I would not hesitate to order from this site.

monab
2/29/12

I wish I had read the reviews prior to ordering from this site. I ordered a pair of shoes one year ago. I never received the merchandise nor would they respond to any of my calls, e-mails, or certified letters. This is a scam people, please stay away. In order to report them I need to start with my local police, which I have started the process. Another thing they did was telling me my Birkenstock clogs would be coming "straight from Germany" Therefore, once the 60 days had past, I could no longer rebut the credit card charge. I have never done anything like this. My goal is to help others from being scammed. It's too late for me. Come on people.

cassies2
1/31/12

They had a business sabotage, but are back. I have never had a problem with them, and will keep buying.

barbaram16
1/18/12

I order 2 pairs of sandals in June 2011 and have been checking with them on a regular basis to get either a refund or my shoes! I did receive an email once upon a time that I could get a refund when I was told they were special ordered from Germany. I decided to wait. I don't know if that was a mistake or not. It's now January 2012 - no response, no shoes. I expect I will never see them.

margaretc6
7/27/11

I have the same problem with ordering from this site. I see a "Peter J" responding to some complaints. I hope he will look into my problem too. I placed an order on May 15, 2011 Order #1305428267-9922522439 and my credit card was charged but I never received the sandals!

connies2
5/23/11

I ordered a pair of Birkenstocks on 4/18/11. I paid an additional $20.94 to have them delivered in 3 days. It is now 5/23 and they have not been delivered. I have left 3 voice mail messages and 2 email messages on their website. I believe I have been duped. Sure wish I had known about this site prior to ordering. I now know that I will not purchase from any site I am not familiar with, without checking them out on SiteJabber first.

Stay away from sandals4less.com

jeffw5
2/28/11

Order still not sent 4 weeks later. No customer service. I have left four messages over two and half weeks with no return phone call. Buy birkenstock from another store or you will be sorry.

maryd7
1/18/11

wish I had found & read this info before ordering from this company. Ditto on the experience trying to reach someone. Left messages. sent 2 emails to the addresses they list in their receipts (inquiries@birkenstocks.sandals4less.com) and (exchanges@sandals4less.com)...both came back as undeliverable.

I will follow suit & ask credit card company to stop payment.

amyr3
1/7/11

This place is terrible! I ordered shoes on 11/4, still have not received them and can't get company to email or call me back.
I just filed a complaint with BBB.

Forgot to mention, they sent me a 'refund' for my order and the check bounced!

garyw5
12/16/10

The Sandals 4 Less website touts itself as a customer service business (why wouldn't any on line retailer - that is your business). The fact is, sadly they are not. I placed an order for Oslo Exquiste's in early Sept. and was given a 6 week delivery time. Called back 7 weeks later and was told there were further delays. This was followed up by two phone calls a few weeks later (both unanswered) and an e-mail threatening to cancel. All my attempts to discover the status of my order were in vain. I finally filed a dispute with Visa and am waiting for the credit to my account.
I'm also filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
This outfit should be out of business but somehow it manages to continue. You will receive virtually no customer support however so be forewarned. I recommend another source for your Birk's, this one is not worth the effort.

jamiew3
12/13/10

My shoes were a loooong time coming but,, they did come. I sent them emails and got a response that it would take a while because they were coming from Germany. It took three months but they came today. They were the right size/color/style and...I love them!! Yes, they took a while but I do think this is a legit store. I have not seen this style here in the US so it was worth it to me.

fredn2
11/10/10

I have been buying from them for 25 years. My parents bought from them and now so do I. They have a long history of good service, and i will stick with them for the next 25 years.

janm1
9/19/10

If you had trouble with Sandals4Less.com not delivering ordered goods -- or other issues -- try contacting the Maine Attorney General Consumer Mediation Service:

Good Luck!

teresam1
7/30/10

Please do not order from this website it is a rip off.

liza10
7/23/10

I too have been scammed by this company, when I looked up the shoes I wanted the sight said they were in stock so I ordered them, no shoes have come and they will not return phone calls nor answer emails, I was advised that the way to bust this $#*! is for everyone to file a complaint with your local police dept and have them forward the complaint to the sheriffs in Standish Maine, phone # 1-207-893-2810 and their address is 36 county way, Portland Maine, 04102, after you file your police report then forward a copy of that police report to the State Attorney Generals Office, search the internet for your state attorney general and there is a form you can fill out online to expedite your complaint. I also found another phone # for shoes4less 1-207-892-2464 and an actual address which is 12 beech rd, Standish Maine 04084-5202, but again there was no answer on this # either,EVERYONE DO NOT GIVE UP AND LET THIS JERK HAVE YOUR MONEY, FOLLOW THRU, FIRST WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD CO AND OR BANK AND THEN FILE A POLICE REPORT AND THEN REPORT TO YOUR STATES ATTORNEY GENERAL, THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, LET'S GET THIS JERK OUT OF BUSINESS AND IN JAIL!!! THE SITE FOR CALIFORNAI IS ag.ca.gov THANKS LIZ M

rosemaryb
7/8/10

LIke everybody else on this site, I have been ripped off by Sandals 4 Less. At a certain point this is theft. In my case, it is almost a year and no sandals, no refund despite repeated attempts to connect with them. I will pursue remedies through VISA and see if it is possible to file a criminal complaint from a distance through their local law enforcement folks. I think it is at the county level. This is just for "whatever", however. I suspect my $81 is gone and my sandals nonexistent.

maryd3
7/8/10

I've read a bunch of unfavorable reviews on this website, but I was really interested in their Birks. I called the company and left a message, including the information that I was checking with them because of their current reputation. It turns out their computers had been sabotaged, which made great customer service difficult. The telling thing for me was Peter's honesty about the shoes in which I was interested. He checked to see if they were in stock, and when they weren't directed me to ANOTHER website where he thought I might be able to get them. I'd give this site another chance -- call first, as I did.

larryw1
3/24/10

Read this first and save some time. No service + no merchandise = rotten experience. Several weeks after ordering, I tried to communicate through both e-mail and voice mail and got nothing back. Something very odd is going on here. I received an automated notification of billing immediately but was lucky that my credit card wasn't actually hit for the charge - at least not yet. Stay away from this merchant!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Sandals4Less staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 11/14/10
Answer
sandyh1
A: Does anyone know how to get a hold of someone there? I have called and left messages at least 15 times !!! They were advertising Christmas sales, so they must still be open taking peoples orders. I guess they dont have a problem taking orders and your money, but do have a problem sending the shoes ordered, and answering phone messages and emails.
on 1/20/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Sandals4Less staff and other customers.

Sandals4Less?