Review of Raise.com

Tel: 888-578-8422

573 reviews with 5 stars

markc333
11/23/17

Purchased $50 IHOP gift card. Went to the restaurant and they said the card was not valid. Contacted Raise.com and received a refund within a day. Thanks.

brianb267
11/18/17

SAFE, PROFESSIONAL, HANDS DOWN THE BEST
Carlton was able to listen to my problems & take care of me even after being on phone with like 8 other companies paying bills & he was the last call & my temper was on edge. He was calm with a Grant Cardone style to his communication. Thanks Carlton & thanks raise for being the best place to go for Gift Cards and saving that money

-Customer 4 LIFE

Tip for consumers: ASK FOR CARLTON

traceyl27
T L.
9/24/17

Unfortunately a gift card that I ordered was not shipped to me successfully but I had no problems resolving the issue. Costumer service handled it in a timely manner & I greatly appreciated that!

nickn48
9/7/17

Use this site to buy tons of cards. Had an issue where something was not clear. They refunded part of my order without problem.

rebekahw8
8/31/17

Had an issue using a card 6 months after purchasing. They didn't ask any questions except for how I would like the refund. It's great that they don't accuse customers of misuse when an unfortunate situation occurs. I really appreciate it!

stevek112
8/30/17

The reason that Raise is the only gift card service I buy from is that they stand by their product - for 12 months. I've had to use this protection on a couple of occasions due to dishonest gift card sellers, and Raise has responded quickly and swiftly. Great company!

lonav
8/30/17

I've been buying gift cards on Raise for several stores (for online and in store uses) and haven't had any issues with any of the cards. When an early purchasing snafu hit, they had awesome customer service and fixed it. I recently bought more cards than intended and again had a great customer service experience which resolved it (there's a human you can speak to!!). While I find the app a little slow and obtuse, I love their instant messages when gift cards hit the shelves for stores that rarely have them available. Delivery of cards (almost instantaneous for digital) is always wicked prompt.

Tip for consumers: Always check balances upon receipt, as there are unscrupulous individuals who sell on Raise, but the company is very responsive to issues

weiqil
8/29/17

Definitely solve my problem. Very friendly. Nice chat. I'll recommend your website and services to my friends!

kishorek9
8/27/17

Fast delivery, value for money, easy shopping. App works great and user friendly. Excellent customer support.

donniek7
8/22/17

I was very pleased with the way my inquiry was handled. I should get my refund within a few days. The amount on the card I bought was less than what it should be. The difference was a little over $20. This is an important amount of money for me, so getting the refund means a lot to me.

markh336
8/11/17
• Updated review

Raise representatives reached out to me and credited my account for the amount I lost on the Northern Tool electronic gift card. I only wish we could have resolved this issue outside of sitejabber.com. I thought this was a very fair resolution and I am now a faithful Raise customer again! Thank you Raise.com!

“Raise comes through!”
7/26/17
• Previous review

Raise representatives reached out to me and credited my account for the amount of the lost on Northern Tool card value. I only wish we could have resolved this issue outside of sitejabber.com I thought this was a very fair resolution and I am now a faithful Raise customer again! Thank you Raise.com!

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
We're very sorry for the troubles that this experience has caused you, Mark. We have a 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee to protect your purchase price in the event a card you purchased is invalid or shows an inaccurate balance. This order does fall a bit outside of that time-frame, but we appreciate you as a member and your loyalty to Raise. We'd like to review this order further and work towards a resolution. Please send us an email to member.success@raise.com and we'd be happy to move forward from there.
pamelad66
8/5/17

I have been fighting with your website for 3 days and was extremely irritated by the time I decided to call and wait on hold for you. I was irritated and $#*!y. I was rude during the call but she handled me with complete professionalism. She is a great.

howardf22
7/30/17

Been using Raise for several years now and they have save me quite a bit of money on the restaurants that I go to. Had a few problems in the beginning but the customer service promptly took care of them.

chrish322
7/23/17

A Starbucks gift card I purchased, and had used, was somehow used in a purchase in another state. I spoke with Carlton at customer service, and he refunded me the balance of the gift card that was fraudulently used, as well as the remaining balance on the card. Great customer service for sure!

christyi1
7/19/17

I have purchased several gift cards from Raise and have never had an issue using them. They have always been as described and the one time I contacted them, I received excellent customer service. Merrick, the customer service rep, went above and beyond my expectations. Highly recommended!

ramt1
7/8/17

Shopping is always simpler , quicker and fun. What make this standout are the reliability of service and ,importantly, the knowledgeable and great support personal.

delilahb1
7/4/17

I called in because the site wouldn't let me checkout and spent forever on the phone with some bum who said he didn't see a problem and told me to check with my bank. I called in again and got Fiona and she was able to spot a difference in my billing address instantly! She told me how to take off the old billing address and try ordering again. It worked! Very polite and patient when guiding me through the steps. That other guy was a waste of time. Thanks Fiona!!

bradleya14
7/2/17

I had cause to call your phone support number yesterday to seek help solving seek guidance on setting myself up with the ability to efficiently swell gift cards. Martin listened to my situation and expressed genuine empathy. I am in the midst of a cash flow crisis and I need not just to sell, but sell fast and convert such sales into cash for my bank account.

Martin, through excellent communication and social skills, conveyed my options and their relative pros and cons related to my present circumstances. He went beyond the call of duty to explore creative solutions that I'm sure were not taught in your employee training.

Martin's people skills, initiative and creativity should be brought to your company's attention as he is very obviously being underutilized at present.

Bradley Anderson

jamesp318
7/2/17

I had an issue with one of the stores not accepting gift cards on their website any longer and the representative investigated the issue and took care of it. Fantastic and easy resolution. Thanks!

chrism363
6/19/17

Bernie was very professional and polite. He was very helpful in addressing my situation. He even stayed on the line and made sure everything was fixed!

davidb700
6/13/17

I save lots of money using raise. Sometimes the card goes bad by fraud of the seller. Raise is quick to respond and refunds your money within 3 days. Yes some cards go bad, so if you gift cards to people ask them to use ASAP and let you know if it goes bad. I usually buy just for myself for this reason. You could buy direct from sellers on Ebay for bigger discounts, but then you take the risk. With raise they take the risk and refund money promptly. Most cards can be verified at retailer website before you go into store to use it.

bobs311
6/13/17

bernie was extremely pleasant aND FRIENDLY. HELPED CORRECT PROBLEM QUICKLY. WAS VERY APOLOGETIC FOR MY INCONVENIENCE.

defauhnf
6/11/17

this agent needs to be teaching the other agents not that i have had any problem with any of them this agent went overboard to help me i have a prepaid card and cant use it on site called again on this problem to see if we could get the card approved on their site this agent went past the other agents in trying to help found out it's the bank not raise that's the problem so thank you so much for your site thank you and God Bless Joe.

jpi2
6/3/17

I have never had a problem with Raise. I have purchased over 20 giftcards, mostly Starbucks e-cards, but also HomeDepot and Ace. And they have delivered. Once a Starbucks card had already been registered by a previous owner, didn't feel comfortable with that, but Raise refunded promptly. Just make sure you check balances within 45 days. Physical cards are usually received within 4-5 days.

marck34
6/1/17

great app. shop, click, save money. It literally couldn't be easier. The topper was I had a small problem resolved almost immediately. I'm a very happy customer

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D.
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l.

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H.

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D.

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B.

Hi Tara! There is no way to directly gift someone a card at this time but if you are buying an egift/voucher, you can download the PDF and send to a friend that way! We hope this helps, and if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]

So sorry for the delay Shelby. Depending on your payment method, you can receive your payment within 2-3 business days! (ACH or PayPal). Don't hesitate to reach back out if you have further questions!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]

Hi Kacey! Depending on the total amount that you have sold, we may require additional information. If you'd like to send us an email to member.success@raise.com, we'd be happy to discuss in detail!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com