Review of Raise.com

Chicago, IL, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422

crystald34
1/10/17

Spent 45 dollars on a 50 dollar gift card, thought it would be a good deal. Now it's showing 0 doillars balance. I know they have a guarantee but it's just a waste of time...

christinap55
1/9/17

I purchased a gift card that have a listed value of $171.11 and paid $167.06 for it. The gift card was only listed of a few minutes before I purchased it. I went to pay for something online and they only took off $166.67. I checked the value of the gift card and it was reported as $166.67. I called Raise.com and they will refund the money in 5-7 business days. The agent on the phone told me that they check the balances of all their gift cards. Really? So, why did I pay .39 more then the value for a gift card? And waiting 5-7 business for my money back doesn't help me. I think I deserve more then an apology and refund for the aggravation.

curtism26
1/9/17

I have found good pricing on gift cards at Raise. Occasionally, I have had a problem and Raise has resolved the issue. One time I could not use a gift card at a store. It was within the guaranteed time period which is generous. I was refunded my money. A few times I bought gift cards at seemingly 'too good to be true' pricing. When I received the cards and found they had no balance, I called Raise. I received full refunds each time. One other time I received an envelope with no gift card inside. There was only a piece of paper (the outside of the envelope) inside a USPS bag. The bag had an apology for the 'damage' to the mail. Since I did not receive my gift card, I received a refund from Raise.
Listing various problems and their resolutions may not seem like high endorsement. The reality is that every problem was easily and pleasantly resolved. I never had a problem talking to someone. And all the people I talked to were nice and had no interest in dismissing my concerns. Given the business of reselling gift cards, I accept any issues I had as essentially a given. It is the resolution that is important and Raise recognizes that fact.

ad5494
1/9/17

I have spent over $ 1,200.00 in 5 weeks on gift cards on this site. On my first order I ordered a Marshalls gift card that never came . I called 3 weeks after the order was placed and they stated that I would have to wait 30 days after the order was placed . So yet again I called and was informed that since I used a $10 promo I would get less back then what I paid. But wait a second it's not my fault I didn't get the card and I spent $400 on that order...I should have been able to utilize the the $10 promo regardless. This was a nuisance to have to call twice , a nuisance that I didn't get the card, and now I am being jipped. I don't care that it was only a few bucks (not to mention the actual gift card ) the fact remains that if I didn't remember that this card didn't come I would have been out of $50. No matter if it was a few bucks or 300 , its my money . I have raved about this site, but no more . I will not use this site again and I will tell my coworkers and family to forget about it because I didn't receive my gift card and didn't get my full refund and the customer service agent couldn't do anything but off me a five buck promo code on my next order. Thanks but no thanks I wanted what was rightfully mine not a ploy to spend more money on this website.

christinac100
1/8/17

They are trying to make fraudulent charges on my account through PayPal. They've tried 3 times. The bank has stopped 2 & are stopping the 3rd. I'VE NEVER DONE BUSINESS WITH THEM! When I googled them, PayPal, & the problem, there were several people reporting the same problem since Christmas.

laurad127
1/8/17

I have purchased many gift cards from Raise.com and though there have been a few instances where there were issues with the cards (these issues were not Raise.com's fault), I have always been impressed by the professionalism and courtesy of their customer service agents. I continue to have confidence in this company because they always they stand by their 100 day guarantee and do it with a smile.

qingdez
1/8/17

I ordered a gift card but did not receive it. After 30 days I report the problem to Raise Gift Card Support Team. They solved the problem timely and professionally, and I got the refund quickly. This is the best company in the universe!

gilbertg17
1/7/17

I spoke with Lucy and she was very helpful with my situation. I was impressed with her kindness and patience. I have been a longtime buyer on Raise.com but this was my first experience with selling. I appreciate the security measures taken.

huiz3
1/7/17

When I finding out the gift card I bought have non balance on it, I am pretty upset, so I shoot the support team an email regarding this. Their response is quick and effect, generated a refund immediately. Raise offers the best service. Highly recommend to everyone.

mikes489
1/6/17

They have a great site to purchase discounted gift cards of all types. Customer service has been fantastic when I have run into problems.

paulb281
1/5/17

Aretha was extremely courteous and helpful. Could not have been nicer and resolved my problem. Give this fabulous lady a pat on the back and have a big bonus for her in the other hand when you do.

robertd264
1/4/17

You can purchase and confidence - and if you need support they will b right there to help you along the way. Thank you!

kathyp66
1/4/17

Customer Service Rep was very helpful and walked me through how to withdraw the funds as this was my first time.

df121
12/31/16

I thought I'd try buying eGift cards from Raise.com, so
I bought restaurant eGift cards from Raise that were initially accepted, but are now refused at our local B.J.'s restaurant with the manager stating they've been burned by the eGift cards from Raise.
I called Raise for help or a refund, but they refused to stand behind their product.
Looks like I'm out over $65.
Won't be doing business with them anymore.
Last time I use Raise.com.

ashishs26
12/31/16

I faced a problem with my purchase order (never had problems before; first time). I called customer service - they picked up the phone promptly, no wait, and addressed the issue to my satisfaction.

paulinec26
12/30/16

I love it when companies step outside the guidelines and help customers in situations!! Keeps me loyal because I always remember that!! Thank you Raise for being one of those outstanding companies!!

michelleg129
12/29/16

The first time I used Raise, I didn't realize that there were e gift cards and store gift cards. Purchased an E gift card by mistake and sat on it for a year. Finally tried to use it, but the pin was invalid. Emailed Raise for suggestions. They asked me a few questions, then credited the amount paid to my original credit card. Way beyond the 100 day guarantee. Thank you very much! Have saved lots of money on gift cards through this site. Always wondered what would happen if one was invalid. Now I know!

deliaw5
12/29/16

I've been to this site before to purchase discounted gift cards. They have electronic gift cards that give you the value of the card immediately, or physical gift cards that are great for giving away for special occasions. Either way it's the BEST way to get a deal on GIFT CARDS.

The thing is... if you have a gift card that has a remaining balance that you never seem to get used up, this is the BEST place to use it. I had a store credit and I never used it. So I went online, posted the listing, selected my sale price (I usually sell for 10% off the card balance. Example $20 gift card at 10% off would save $2 off the $20), then waited for it to sale.

MOST OF MY CARDS SOLD WITHIN 15 MINUTES. Some of them sold immediately and I transferred the funds into my PayPal account or Bank account. There is an option for you to be sent a check. Whatever you want.

Probably the best site to change your gift cards into AWESOME CASH or GIFT CARDS YOU WANT!!!

I strongly recommend this website to everyone. Quick, easy, great support, and great results. You can't go wrong with RAISE.COM!

Tip for consumers: THERE IS A SERVICE CHARGE OF 15% fee off the Gift Card...

BUT that service charge includes the postage you may need if you are selling a physical gift card.

Once you've sold a gift card...
They have you print out one sheet of paper. Make one cut along the top portion and that becomes your shipping information (Postage is included in the shipping information so YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE ANY POSTAGE). Then you simply tape the gift cards in the appropriate area, fold the paper in half, then shi

jojob4
12/25/16

Bought my 1st voucher from Raise on Tuesday; took the $50 Cheesecake Factory voucher to the restaurant on Thursday; was told there was a $0 balance. The voucher had never been used. Forced to use a legit Visa Gift Card that someone else had given me & it worked perfectly. I would not rely on Raise for actual gifts to people, but rather buy a gift card directly from the establishment for them. If it's for yourself & you're ready to cover the amount if you're told it's a Zero Balance at the retailer/restaurant, maybe give it a try. Spent 15 minutes on hold/talking to Raise Customer Support at the restaurant. The Raise rep was calm & efficient, saying the amount would be credited to my account "if I qualified" (per a follow-up email that I received). Kudos to the rep; thumbs down to my Raise restaurant experience during the holidays.

scotto23
12/25/16

I've purchased MANY gift cards from Raise and have had few problems with the cards after purchase. I purchase with confidence because on the few occasions where the seller didn't deliver the card or the card arrived with no value, Raise refunded my money within seconds.

suzanb3
12/25/16

I had problems opening a gift card in my account and I called customer service, they answered immediately, no queue, and they patiently helped to resolve my problem

rachelb100
12/22/16

I use either www.Raise.com or the Raise app to purchase discounted gift cards before shopping for items I need, either online or in-store. I have encountered some problems with buying a card and finding out afterwards that it had a $0 balance. However, the customer support team is amazing and with their 100 day guarantee, I've yet to lose any money!! GREAT APP AND WONDERFUL CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!

angelam150
12/22/16

I have purchased many gift cards from Raise and saved hundreds of dollars! There have been a couple of issues along the way but they have always corrected them for me without any hassle.

carolinec48
12/20/16

Raise is one of the worst retailers I've ever dealt with.

I purchased a Whole Foods gift card for $25 and printed out my voucher. When I attempted to use my voucher at a Whole Foods market, they denied the transaction- said they never heard of Raise and I should speak to them about my gift card.

I then called a Raise customer service representative who let me know she was able to verify the credit still exists for my gift card. However, they are unable to transfer the balance anywhere so my money is just sitting there, inaccessible to me. I asked the customer rep if I'm basically unable to use my money and her reply was "Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we would like to offer you a discount on your next purchase. Enter code 5ONRAISE for $5.00 off your next order over $50.00." Seeing that the only purchase I've ever made at Raise was a terrible experience, I guaranteed her that I will never purchase from their business again.

If you would like to spend your hard earned money wisely, I strongly suggest you to not waste it at this retailer.

kimm173
12/20/16

Their customer service crew always exceeds my expectations. I've been a happy customer for years. You can buy with 100% confidence due to their 100 day guarantee policy. Great site. I continue to be impressed by all aspects of RAISE.

Helpful answer

I had a problem with the lowes gift cards i purchased from Raise as they did not work at lowes. It took upwards of 10 calls and over 3 months before I received my over $700 back. I will never buy anything on Raise again

By Gideon D. on 3/11/16
Helpful answer

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D. on 4/12/15
Helpful answer
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l. on 3/12/16
Helpful answer

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H. on 2/29/16
Helpful answer

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D. on 12/31/15
Helpful answer

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B. on 8/27/15
Helpful answer

Christy, Raise is not a bank and has not established an escrow account. The buyer shoulders the financial liability. Check their terms and conditions

By Dave F. on 4/16/15
Helpful answer

Hi Gunjeet, in an effort to verify your seller account, we do ask for a valid credit card to be used in order to sell cards! This is to increase the security of our marketplace and to help our sellers get paid quicker, and allow our buyers to receive their cards in a timely manner as well! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 5/2/17
Helpful answer

Hi Ali! You can purchase a gift card through Raise and apply to that to your online Dell order. Please note only 1 card may be used per online transaction. Please ask away if you have any further questions!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 3/29/17
Helpful answer

Hi TJ! All you need to sell a card on Raise is a credit card for verification. You upload the card information, we verify it, and it gets listed! Once a card has officially been sold, you'll be notified via email and you can get paid via check, ACH Direct Deposit, or PayPal. Physical checks will take 3-14 business days for you to receive while ACH/PayPal will take 1-3 business days.

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 3/26/17
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com