Review of Raise.com

Chicago, IL, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422

bobj134
5/14/17

I would be a solid and continue shopper on Raise but having to manage and maintain a balances thatmight or might not be there is unacceptable as they sometimes seem to completely disappear from one day to the other. So I can give them as gifts and I'm not always sure that is a balance left so I always have to bring extra credit cards or cash to cover just in case . The raise support team has been great at refunding me my missing $$ but it is something I just don't want to even consider being a possibility when purchasing gift cards .

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
We’re sorry we let you down, Bob. Every listing on Raise is verified twice, once at the initial listing and once at the time of purchase to ensure a valid balance. We also verify our sellers on Raise to ensure they are meeting our high standards. As a member to member marketplace, we understand the importance of earning and keeping our members’ trust. We have a 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee in place as well to protect your purchase price in the rare event you experience any issues with a card purchased from Raise. Everyday we are working on improving both the quality and selection of the cards on our marketplace. If you have any pending cases, or have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to send us an email to member.success@raise.com.
janicea29
5/13/17

Well, not sure I will tell the entire world, but will say I'm very, very pleased with my most recent experience with customer service. Raise went well above and beyond to help with a difficult situation. Thanks, Raise!

patricias189
5/11/17

Raise is a true customer friendly company. Get your numbers straight and tell the truth- they'll take care of you! I plan on shopping with them--- A LOT!!
Thank you, RAISE!

salwana
5/8/17

customer service rep. Wayne was extremely pleasant and very respectful, he answered all my questions and solved the problem that I had with a couple of gift certificate very quickly. he was very helpful and understanding

carolc122
5/7/17

Called with a problem I had with a card I purchased a year ago. Cassie was soooo pleasant and helpful. She provided me with several options and I left the call feeling very satisfied and THAT is something I never expected.

bobo39
5/7/17

I was buying $10,000 in Lowes gift cards and Natasha walked me thru the process, etc. Love RAISE! I always look on the RAISE APP when shopping, as most stores have digital cards that are delivered to your wallet in a matter of minutes!

louisew45
5/5/17

If I place an order for an email giftcard, it is delivered immediately. I am confident in my purchases due to their one year guarantee. When I encountered a problem with one of the giftcards I purchased, due to the guarantee they refunded the money right away. The experience with them has always been extremely positive. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with this company.

hongmeiw
5/3/17

I spent $864.12 to buy 3 gift cards last year in one order, I check the balance immediately after I got these gift cards, and they are all correct. I use one of them during the 1st year, no problem. But when I use the other 2 cards last week, they are not working, and system show $0 balance now, but it cost me $568.88. Because it had been a year I was told they can't do anything except offer me $10 account credit. After I request to talk to their supervisor, the supervisor told me they could do nothing but offer me $50 account credit. "Very great" for such "good offer", it just like a big joke to me. I will never purchase from Raise.com anymore. I hope I read these 1 star rating before, so I could warm myself not purchase from them. I wish more and more people can read my review before you make the same mistake as me. Don't believe this website, the lost from this website is much more than the saves you earned.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi there, first and foremost, we’d like to apologize for any troubles that this experience has caused you. At the time of this purchase, our Guarantee was in place to protect your purchase for 100 days. We recently extended the Raise Guarantee to 1 Year this past January. Unfortunately, even when applying the new policy to this order, these cards were outside of our Guarantee and we are unable to provide a refund at this time. If a card that is purchased within our Guarantee shows up as invalid or inaccurate balance, we are always more than happy to resolve the issue right away. We understand this has not led to a favorable experience and our Member Services Supervisor has reached out to you via email with a bit more detail and hoping to find a different resolution. Please feel free to respond directly to us or that email if you have any further questions or concerns.
nancys212
4/27/17

I am a regular customer of Raise. I have saved money with them. They have a strong guarantee compared to other gift card resellers. I had one issue where a Panera card had a zero balance and this was taken care of promptly and courteously by their staff.

margarets103
4/24/17

They were able to help me out with kindness & patience. They helped me solve an issue using their creativity. It's much appreciated.

alexc182
4/20/17

Been a raise.com customer for many years, tried to create a new account for family member, go through a purchase, and then have the order cancelled. Called customer support and it was a huge nightmare to try and get it fixed. Decided to delete my account and leave Raise. Recommend giftcardzen and other alternatives. The reviews regarding gift cards ZERO-ing out is true.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi Anon, we’re sorry we let you down. After taking a look into this order number, the order was denied by our system as this account was linked to other accounts. Per our terms and conditions, we only allow one Raise account per member and one account per household. Depending on the situation, our Order Processing team may ask for further verification if an order is canceled by our system. They are always here to help if you have any questions about the status of your account. Please feel free to contact them at your earliest convenience or send us an email at member.success@raise.com if you have any further concerns about this experience.
anhn11
4/14/17

Raise resolved my problem quick and professional.
I got a problem with my order. I contacted Raise and they did what they need to do.

raull13
4/13/17

I purchased a card and utilized a promo code. The promo code successfully applied, with the discount showing the order summary before checking out and was reflected in the final price. However, after checkout, I was incorrectly charged for the full price of the card (without the promo code). I felt deceived, so I spoke with customer service over live chat. Piper was easily the worst customer representative I have had, as she neglected my issue and simply cited policy. Apparently my order somehow did not qualify for the promo code, but this was never stated to me, neither before or after checkout. I only knew because the price I was charged was incorrect. I tried explaining how I checked out with one price displayed, only to be charged a different price, but Piper did not care and did not mind losing my business or the fact that the seller would be out both their money and their card if I was forced to issue a chargeback to get my refund. I offered multiple suggestions, whether it was a full refund, me paying the original price with a partial refund, or receiving credit for a future order

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi there, we’d like to apologize for any troubles you’ve encountered when contacting our Member Services team. As with every interaction, we will be sure to review this for coaching opportunities to improve the member experience. In regards to the promotional code not applying, we’d be more than happy to further explain the error that occurred when the order was processed. This promo code was intended for first-time users only and was subject to one redemption per household as well. Per our terms, we do permit only one Raise account per member. Our system detected multiple accounts under the same information while processing, and therefore, made this promo code invalid. Due to the multi accounts present as well as the multiple promo codes used, this order was not eligible as a first time purchase. We will be sending this directly to the appropriate parties for further review. We will continue improving the checkout experience and provide our members with the proper communication so this experience does not happen again. If you have any further questions or concerns, we’re always happy to help.
nicholask21
4/11/17

Your service was excellent, Jesse looked into my problem and was able to verify what I could not discover regarding the gift card's user purchase history.

The problem was resolved and credit applied to my original account.

What a relief, I knew something was amiss and she was able to solve my dilemma rapidly,

Thank you very much Jesse, I will continue using Raise worry-free.8561

Nicholas Koury

davidv91
4/11/17

Raise.com has a trustworthy platform, honest inventories and professional customer support. All of the other gift card sites are hack impersonators. Raise.com sets the standard!

beckye15
4/7/17

Have been using Raise for awhile now without any issues until today. Purchased a giftcard today that would not redeem. Called customer service and it was fixed it a matter of minutes. Representative was very helpful and pleasant. I will be using Raise in the future and recommending site to all my friends.

nicolef59
4/5/17

Had a problem listing 2 stabucks gift cards and custimer service helped me for about 30 mins until we resolved the issue which was a mistake on my end. I will reccommend this company and give it 5 stars.

carolinah8
4/4/17

Bought 4 gift cards for Benihana. Only one worked. I immediately called Raise customer service. They put the blame back on the merchant (even though the cards did not have either a pin number nor a barcode) and finally refunded my money back, but never taking responsibility for the lack of information on the cards. Don't buy cards from them, save yourself the embarassment at the restaurant/store! They are NOT guaranteed to work.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi Carolina, we're sorry that we let you down. Before a card is listed on Raise, it is verified to make sure the balance is accurate and active. At the time of this call, the supporting agent was able to verify that information as well. As our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee covers cards that are inactive or show an inaccurate balance, we were not certain as to why this card was not working properly. We understand how frustrating it was to encounter these cards were not working as intended the first time and we are happy we were able to resolve this case and refund these cards for you. We have sent these cards over to our Trust & Safety team and they are taking a closer look into the redemption details for this brand so we can improve this process in the near future. We’d like to apologize once more for this experience and we welcome any further questions you may have via email at member.success@raise.com.
kellies23
4/2/17

It was easy to do, and when I had questions, the online chat option was great and very helpful! Will def do again!

danl106
4/1/17

I have been a supper fan of Raise for 2 year, I don't shop or dine until I check what raise has to offer. The savings are real and tremendous! and it adds up quick!

I praise the founder of this business, brilliant! The service is great, never disappoints me.

amyc157
3/28/17

I have been using the web site Raise.com for over 2 years and I've made over 100 purchases from them. They are a stellar company and I've experienced only top notch service with them whether it be selling, purchasing or resolving a dispute. Their support staff is always on top of their game and have never steered me wrong or left me dissatisfied. Definitely one of my go-to web sites for always a great deal and never a bad experience.

helenek2
3/27/17

Purchased a gift card from them weeks ago. When I tried to redeem it I received a message "authorization failure." The charge was processed on to my credit card weeks ago when I made the purchase. I have emailed them repeatedly and provided everything they requested such as screenshots of the receipt, the gift card delivery notification, and the message I receive telling me I cannot redeem it. Regardless of all of this, every single time I receive an email from them thanking me for reporting the problem and promising to resolve it and that is all I ever hear from them. They do nothing to solve the problem. I have already paid for the purchase on my credit card, but still receive the message "Authorization failure." The screenshots I send them are all inclusive and perfect. They simply will not do anything but promise to get back to me. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never get this money back and I am just glad that it was only $25.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi there Helene, we'd like to sincerely apologize for this experience as well as the delay in resolving this issue. We understand how frustrating this experience has been and we'd like to make things right. We have reached out to you via email in hopes of gathering a bit more information and ultimately resolving this case. Please respond directly to the email sent to you from member.success@raise.com and we'd be happy to review.
rachelw96
3/26/17

I spent a $170 on a gift card with a $0 balance. Because it had been a year I was told they could do nothing but offer me $5 my next $50 purchase. No thank you. I will never purchase here again. Buyer beware.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi there, we’re sorry that we’ve let you down. Every listing on Raise is verified twice to ensure a valid product. Unfortunately, as this does fall outside of our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee, at this time we are unable to provide a refund. We recently extended this guarantee to 1 Year to protect our members even more as we want them to be able to shop with confidence when using Raise. We encourage our members to reach out to us within this time-frame if any issues ever arise with a gift card, and our Member Services team would be more than happy to resolve any issues. We will continue to review this order as we are working every day to improve the quality and the selection of the gift cards on the marketplace. We’d like to sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and there has been an additional credit added onto your account as an extension of our apology.
garlandj5
3/24/17

This is certainly a top website for gift cards, but I am hoping to get my listing up a tad bit faster. The items sell pretty fast so you guys have great advertising techniques, so let's hope for a great rest of the year. thanks

jonm96
3/21/17

I had accidentally forgotten to include a promo code when I placed an order, so I used their live chat feature which is available every day. Their representative responded quickly and gave me a credit toward my next purchase.

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D.
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l.

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H.

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D.

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B.

Hi Tara! There is no way to directly gift someone a card at this time but if you are buying an egift/voucher, you can download the PDF and send to a friend that way! We hope this helps, and if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]

So sorry for the delay Shelby. Depending on your payment method, you can receive your payment within 2-3 business days! (ACH or PayPal). Don't hesitate to reach back out if you have further questions!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]

Hi Kacey! Depending on the total amount that you have sold, we may require additional information. If you'd like to send us an email to member.success@raise.com, we'd be happy to discuss in detail!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com