US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

garye36
10/11/16

Why anyone would deal with these people to recover (supposedly) their password is beyond me! If this service was legit..every hacker in the world could and would get into your account. Goodbye to your money on your credit cards..hello to identity theft and a myriad of nightmares ! It is in Canada folks not regulated by the U.S. JUST DON'T!!!

michaelb378
7/14/16

Product didn't work!!!! There where no instructions on how to get to work and for someone who is not that computer smart it was very frustrating. I tried to contact customer service and it's done thru email so I had to wait 1 to 2 days before I got a very generic answer on what to do to make the program work. I eventually gave up on the program and asked for a refund which I was told they would give me that was 2 week's ago and still no refund!!! I have sent numerous emails to them demanding the refund and still nothing. If you are planning on doing any business with this company read all the reviews before you do I wished that I had before I did!!!! There's something wrong with a business that shows no phone number anywhere on there web site and that they do all there response to customer support through email. "BUYER BEWARE"

barbaram121
6/6/16

I am trying to use the program, and have not yet been successful. Their customer service responds quickly, and are helpful, but the program does not work for the application I needed it for.

richardc179
6/5/16

Thought it was worth a shot for $9.95. The program did not help to discover my admin password, not even close to a hint of a password. Then I find a 29.95 hold on my account, sent an email to ask why 29.95, what happened to 9.95. I was told it was just a 29.95 hold on account but when finalized I would pay 9.95. WRONG! I was charged 19.95 Only positive thing I can say is I did get a response to emails pretty quickly, Too bad the emails did not have correct info, three emails and two weeks time, still no refund, guess I got burned,

Tip for consumers: My tip would be: DON'T DO IT!!! IT IS NOT $9.95, KEEP SEARCHING I DID A COMPLETE RESTORATION TO RESOLVE MY PROBLEM

jerryr43
6/1/16

I was able to open my main user account with the program. It took a few days to install it correctly, but once I got it running, it worked as described.

peterb154
5/30/16

I downloaded and ran the software Password Recovery. My Windows 10 then wanted a sign-in with the lost password. I had hoped the software would solve this, but no luck.It is a total waste of funds and effort, it does nothing.

leroya19
5/16/16

I followed the instructions and I was able to find my old Vista login. I really appreciate the time they spent with me on the telephone. I needed help, as it was not as easy to use as I had hoped.

avrahamc
5/15/16

I was first charged more than the price, but got refunded right away

jarvisc6
8/26/15

After reading all the reviews of Password Recovery 5.0 I was concerned about it's legitimacy. I took a chance and purchased it. I got exactly the same result as most users reported. I was charged $29.95 when I was led to believe it cost $9.95. I immediately contacted Prosoft3D using their eMail customer service process (disappointing to learn they did not have a human to discuss the issue). They (Mandy) responded immediately with a promise to respond within 24 hours. Approximately 8 hours later I was notified that I would receive a full credit. Turns out that even though my credit card company reported a $29.95 charge, in reality I was only charged $9.95. The refund showed up as stated. I notified Prosoft3D that I would still like to try the program if they could explain how to use it (it's online instructions are not very intuitive). They immediately sent me a link to a download site which has their latest version of the program. Not sure why the original sales receipt did not point to this site. I downloaded the program and after convincing my anti-virus software that I really did want to run it, it launched with a much more intuitive instruction set. This version worked exactly as advertised. I'm not sure why their logistics are so problematic but in my experience it was definitely not a scam. It just took a little effort on my part. An issue that Prosoft3d might want to work on.

Tip for consumers: Be patience

kristenl13
6/28/15

When I tried to access the software, the computer required my login to install. I had to copy the program to a USB drive and restart, and then I was able to get everything to work.

charlesd58
6/26/15

Stay away from this company. Their product Password Recovery 5.0 doesnt work and they will not refund your money as promised. Manny is the person that handles all their email responses and will promise the refund is being done. After 2 weeks still no refund. Those that have been frauded by this company need to file a complaint with the FTC to get this company investigated and closed down

karenr61
6/19/15

Everything worked well, but took a while to download. I needed some help and appreciate that they got back to me quite quickly. The program worked as expected and it's good to have on hand in case I ever need it again.

howardw22
6/18/15

They offered "password recovery" for $9.95 and 30 days money back.
They charged my credit card $30 + and don't return my money. It did not work, they "Mandy" lied, telling me it would do what I wanted.
There are other reports of the same behavior online.
Not only do I have to fill out forms for VISA, I will have to change my card because I can't trust them.

glenc20
5/15/15

The program worked, I found the login. I had to restart my computer before I could run the program, not a big deal, as long as I got it to work.

ravir9
5/14/15

Its a Scam and ripping off customers. The software did not work at all and no response from customer services after emailing them several times and no phone number is listed on their website.

beverlym26
4/10/15

The program was functional and worked well. Installation took some time and I had to restart my computer before being able to run the program, but once it started, I was able to get it working.

karent36
4/10/15

I purchased a 10 passwoRd software and they billed me 20! The software doesn't work and now they have billed me an additional 30 for tech support UNAUTHORIZED! Unbelievable. ...I will contact the state police department about this fraudulent compant.

scottp47
4/3/15

The product works well and they provide e-mail support, prefer phone customer service, but they did respond quickly to my e-mails.

thomass96
4/2/15

SCAM!
STAY AWAY!!!
They send me many promises to refund, like "you will see a refund on your statement in 2-3 working days", however it never happened!!!!
STAY AWAY!!!!!

annaf22
3/12/15

The program was pretty easy to use, although I also wanted to run it on my Mac and it only runs on windows. I was hoping I would be able to run it on both my computers. I will have to find another program for Mac, but for Windows it worked well.

geej
3/12/15

Prosoft3D is a Scam. I purchased the software and was charged $29.95, not the $9.95 priced advertised. It says it works for all windows, however I needed it for Windows 2003 server and it did not work. Refund policy advertised is not what they deliver. After following there Refund Policy to the letter I never received a dime back. Only responces that they are investigating. Well its been weeks of investigation and still no refund.
Have contacted my Credit Card Company to dispute charges.

barbaraw42
2/10/15

Tried signing in as administrator and it worked. I was using latest version of windows and the program installed easily, but I needed to re-download it a few times which took extra time.

Barbara

davidm243
2/8/15

I bought their software and was very satisfied, it found my forgotten log on and downloaded quickly.

bobbyd29
2/7/15

BEWARE! This company will bill your your credit card before providing services. I ordered the password recovery and realized before I could download and I didn't download the product that it wasn't for a MAC just PCs only. Therefore I DID NOT receive the product. After exchanging numerous e-mails and receiving promises in each of those e-mails that I'd get a credit card refund, it's been 45 days since I sent my first e-mail requesting a refund and getting a promise for that refund, NOTHING. They have 72 hours for the refund or I'll file a "fraud" complaint with my credit card, STAY AWAY. I'd score them a "0" star but the overall rating doesn't go that low.

cathyg5
11/14/14

Thanks it worked. I do not know how I forgot my login, but the program fixed it for me.

Regards,
Cathy

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Prosoft3D staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question