Review of OV Guide

Movie, Music, Music & Entertainment
Tel: 1055940466526

toms345
8/31/17

Tried to watch Spin at least 10 different times. Waited through the commercials but it never starts. BAIT AND SWITCH?

beths110
8/29/17

Such a joke and misleading offering FREE movies and programs. 3 commercials every 5 minutes of a movie is not worth watching something for free. I'm beginning to think all of Roku's free sites are a joke Excessive commercials on any of the free movie sites,

dirkb33
7/18/17

Typical of so much on the internet these days. False and misleading come-on to get you to their site.

coreym28
7/10/17

Searches for old shows have brought up ovguide several times and it has never once worked. Not only does it stop, stall and play RIDICULOUSLY frequent and long commercials, it usually DOES NOT ACTUALLY HAVE THE SHOWS AT ALL. They are just listed on the page and then it plays a completely different, random, barely related to the same topic show. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME on this site.

darrenn9
7/9/17

Seriously? Yea we want to watch a movie and take 10 hours to get through it cause of all the bull$#*! that happens. Worse ever , complete Garbage!!! if I had 0 or in the negatives I would of rated it that

mikeb372
5/1/17

Started watching movie after 3 commercials and then 3 min into the movie I had to watch 3 more commercials. This kept this stupid cycle up until about 26 min in then it would kick me out to the OvGuide and then I had to start all over. This is pure $#*!. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! ROKU should be ashamed of having this channel on their list . I gave it a 1 because I didn't have the option to go -1000

glendaa10
3/27/17

Commercials don't matter to me I like this Channel cuz it has a lot of movies but it definitely needs a search bar

dannyw42
3/10/17

My Roku search led me to OV, which offered a movie for free that I wanted. I was willing to see commercials in exchange for saving a few dollars and still seeing the uncut movie. Unfortunately, the site just plain did not work. The movie stalled and I had to exit and restart. Then the video dropped out, and all i had was sound, so i had to exit and restart. Then it started looping one commercial over and over--exit and restart. Twenty minutes into this, I was still on minute eight of the movie. No doubt their statistics show that I watched a movie, so they'll be able to count me as a viewer, keep selling ads, and keep wasting people's time.

lafawns
3/6/17

Well now I see I'm not the only one having issues. Yes it's free I get it but I have other free apps ( and paid apps) that work perfectly. Disgusted.

jenniferc248
3/1/17

I watched MOST of a movie after sitting thru/watching MANY commercials & then in the last 15-20 minutes into the movie the audio is playing but NO picture! WTF?! OVGUIDE SUCKS ASS!

robins170
2/21/17

I started watching a couple movies and about 19 to 25 minutes into each movie it would stop and go back to the roku home page. I would go to condition watch click and slick condition from where it left off and it would start i would watch the 3 commercial and when it comes to loading the movie it stop and carrys back to the roku home page. This is the first time watching this channel. Please fix it because roku support couldn't help me fix it either. Thank you!

shellies2
1/29/17

I've tried watching movies several times via OVguide through our Roku. It is never the movie it says it is. I don't get it! I keep hoping, and keep trying, and NOPE! I'M DONE!

susanm261
12/25/16

Attempted to watch a classic film on OvGuide because Sling's TCM stream wouldn't stop buffering. Will never attempt to view a movie on OvGuide again. In exchange for our "free" movie, we were forced to watch two commercials at the outset. Then, less than five minutes into the movie--more ads! The rating for the movie as well as the icon for the channel never left the screen--it was like watching a movie with stickers on it. Worst of all, there was no letter boxing for this classic film. It was bloated out to fit TV. I told my sons that this--minus the annoying rating and network labels--is what it would have been like to watch this movie on non-cable television when I was a kid. Is it possible to feel ripped off by something that's free? OvGuide has managed to make the answer to that question a resounding yes.

chondral
12/22/16

Yes, they have 3000+ free movies, but not in any order and no "search" button. You have to spend a TON of time going thru all those movies.

peterc154
12/20/16

Spent over an hour getting through 9 minutes of a movie.

This is one of the worst services I've ever seen!!!!

danielm290
11/30/16

Tried watching a movie, the original Planet Of The Apes. Plays for 5 min then 90 sec commercials. Repeat. Every 5 min the movie stops to play commercials then takes a bit to "load" the movie again. Dont mind commercials like traditional tv but this was ridiculous. Also no search feature could be found. If it is there,it is not obvious. Hard to find a movie not alphabetized when there are over 700 in one category alone. Frustrating.

maryd211
10/9/16

Started watching a great old movie, Gaslight. But the movie cut short about 22 mins in and wouldn't play the rest. I tried to redo it a few times with no success. I won't be using OvGuide anymore.

davej62
9/7/16

Used this via Roku. It's really annoying. Ads come on every 5-7 mins and it is the same ad repeated three times over each time.
Also the film I watched was cut short so I never got to see the ending. Fortunately the film was $#*!e, but I would have gone mental if the film had been a real cliff hanger.

This channel is tempting to use but personally I won't be bothering again

ninad24
7/22/16

Tried using this site through the chrome and Firefox - required me to watch a 32 second ad to watch a 33second clip of an episode. Every link to an episode has produced the same result- the only variance is a few second difference in the ad, and the exact same 33 second clip of each series I tried. I would Nevertust the app it prompts you to download upon first accessing the site, I'm sure it's just adware and a waste of memory.Complete waste of time, very frustrating and disappointing. Deserves -5 stars for a rating and should be removed from search engines. This site is a disgraceful waste of internet space and time (and data, if you're not using WiFi). DO NOT bother trying to watch anything here unless you're looking to watch mindless advertisements.

richardd120
4/13/16

Disappointed with ovguide because the audio is on & off, i hear every other word & every other sentence..

jenniferm187
2/24/16

Each time I try to play a video it kicks me out. Don't bother trying just a waste of time I would give it 0 stars if I could

jacks369
4/10/15

This site is but a scam. Do not subscribe.

dottiek
6/30/13

I was really surprised at this site and the content, since the reviews were so old. I actually got there thru a link from About.com, so don't know if this matters. I was able to play a fairly recent tv show and get it to play. I didn't have to log in, it just played. Like I said, I'm really surprised!!!

gistbya
3/7/13

no good for kids...

franka7
7/14/12

Once i use this site for good. Now there are many more competitive site providing far better options.

Helpful answer

OVGuide does not provide software to install and does not charge users for anything. If there is a download button, that is a result of an advertiser buying ads on our site through Google which displays the offer.

By Sanjay R. [OV Guide Rep] on 1/12/16
Helpful answer

We weren't able to recreate the black screen you experienced when you went to the Donwton Abbey Season 5 page. There is a free trial offer by which you should be able to watch the episodes if you sign up for Amazon Prime.

By Sanjay R. [OV Guide Rep] on 3/11/16
Helpful answer

They usually do so to play ads which is how the cost of the stream and the content is paid for. If it stops for other reasons, that usually has to do with buffering that is a result of the internet connection you are watching the content on.

By Sanjay R. [OV Guide Rep] on 11/20/15
Helpful answer

Hi Chris, There is a page for every Movie and TV Show on OVGuide, and we list out all of the services where that title is available. Our goal is to get the user one click away from any Movie or TV Show, whether that is a full movie playing on OVGuide or a link away to Crackle or CBS. In the case of The Churchills (https://www.ovguide.com/tv/the_churchills.htm), it is not available in full length on any service. Therefore the best content we can provide are a selection of short form videos from Youtube. I understand that is probably not what you are looking for, and I apologize for the inconvenience. For thousands of Movies and TV shows that you can watch for free, please browse through these links: * Movies: https://www.ovguide.com/browse_movies?po=free * TV Shows: https://www.ovguide.com/browse_tv?po=free Thanks for using OVGuide!

By Sanjay R. [OV Guide Rep] on 10/11/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the OV Guide staff and other customers.

OV Guide?