US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

robins170
2/21/17

I started watching a couple movies and about 19 to 25 minutes into each movie it would stop and go back to the roku home page. I would go to condition watch click and slick condition from where it left off and it would start i would watch the 3 commercial and when it comes to loading the movie it stop and carrys back to the roku home page. This is the first time watching this channel. Please fix it because roku support couldn't help me fix it either. Thank you!

shellies2
1/29/17

I've tried watching movies several times via OVguide through our Roku. It is never the movie it says it is. I don't get it! I keep hoping, and keep trying, and NOPE! I'M DONE!

susanm261
12/25/16

Attempted to watch a classic film on OvGuide because Sling's TCM stream wouldn't stop buffering. Will never attempt to view a movie on OvGuide again. In exchange for our "free" movie, we were forced to watch two commercials at the outset. Then, less than five minutes into the movie--more ads! The rating for the movie as well as the icon for the channel never left the screen--it was like watching a movie with stickers on it. Worst of all, there was no letter boxing for this classic film. It was bloated out to fit TV. I told my sons that this--minus the annoying rating and network labels--is what it would have been like to watch this movie on non-cable television when I was a kid. Is it possible to feel ripped off by something that's free? OvGuide has managed to make the answer to that question a resounding yes.

chondral
12/22/16

Yes, they have 3000+ free movies, but not in any order and no "search" button. You have to spend a TON of time going thru all those movies.

peterc154
12/20/16

Spent over an hour getting through 9 minutes of a movie.

This is one of the worst services I've ever seen!!!!

danielm290
11/30/16

Tried watching a movie, the original Planet Of The Apes. Plays for 5 min then 90 sec commercials. Repeat. Every 5 min the movie stops to play commercials then takes a bit to "load" the movie again. Dont mind commercials like traditional tv but this was ridiculous. Also no search feature could be found. If it is there,it is not obvious. Hard to find a movie not alphabetized when there are over 700 in one category alone. Frustrating.

maryd211
10/9/16

Started watching a great old movie, Gaslight. But the movie cut short about 22 mins in and wouldn't play the rest. I tried to redo it a few times with no success. I won't be using OvGuide anymore.

davej62
9/7/16

Used this via Roku. It's really annoying. Ads come on every 5-7 mins and it is the same ad repeated three times over each time.
Also the film I watched was cut short so I never got to see the ending. Fortunately the film was $#*!e, but I would have gone mental if the film had been a real cliff hanger.

This channel is tempting to use but personally I won't be bothering again

ninad24
7/22/16

Tried using this site through the chrome and Firefox - required me to watch a 32 second ad to watch a 33second clip of an episode. Every link to an episode has produced the same result- the only variance is a few second difference in the ad, and the exact same 33 second clip of each series I tried. I would Nevertust the app it prompts you to download upon first accessing the site, I'm sure it's just adware and a waste of memory.Complete waste of time, very frustrating and disappointing. Deserves -5 stars for a rating and should be removed from search engines. This site is a disgraceful waste of internet space and time (and data, if you're not using WiFi). DO NOT bother trying to watch anything here unless you're looking to watch mindless advertisements.

richardd120
4/13/16

Disappointed with ovguide because the audio is on & off, i hear every other word & every other sentence..

jenniferm187
2/24/16

Each time I try to play a video it kicks me out. Don't bother trying just a waste of time I would give it 0 stars if I could

jacks369
4/10/15

This site is but a scam. Do not subscribe.

dottiek
6/30/13

I was really surprised at this site and the content, since the reviews were so old. I actually got there thru a link from About.com, so don't know if this matters. I was able to play a fairly recent tv show and get it to play. I didn't have to log in, it just played. Like I said, I'm really surprised!!!

gistbya
3/7/13

no good for kids...

franka7
7/14/12

Once i use this site for good. Now there are many more competitive site providing far better options.

greggc1
8/29/11

This site definitely is worth the 5 stars, no scams, great selections and an easy way to find tv series for free.

mea13
6/13/11

I loved, loved, loved ovguide about a year and a half ago but since a few sites got investigated by the feds that ovguide apparently linked to, ovguide started pulling off the free material links. Now it is a bunch of junk - really useless.

If you all knew what ovguide USED to be like, you would cringe to see it now. I don't even bother with it anymore. Completely a mess.

thomast4
5/21/11

There is nothing interesting about this website.

laurenth
2/19/11

"free movies online"?
It is NOT. Period.
Waste of time.

alexl5
10/2/10

I view this as the kayak of online videos...in a similar way they have organized many online videos for people to either buy, rent or watch for free. I was looking to watch season 1 of smallville (who doesn't want to watch kristin kreuk) and it gave me several options on where I could download it or watch for free.

kaseyp
8/17/10

This is one of my favorite sites that I use to catch up on movies sometimes. You can search for any type of movies to TV shows on here. Its like a search engine for videos. When I can't find the episodes that I wanna watch I head out to OVGUIDE.COM to search for the episode I wanna watch.

vladamirf
5/18/10

This site used to be the google for movie/tv sites alike. Now all they want is money. One by one the useful tv/movie sites are dropping off the guide like flies. This site has many competitors and they will soon be better than OVGuide.

OVGuide uses key owrds like "watch movies online" or "free movies" to lure you into their site but now they have very few sites worth looking through. They claim the DMCA is attacking them and making them remove the sites but it all seems to good to be true.

OVGuide, you need to make some serious, fast changes to your greedy ethics and make the site what it used to be otherwise you all look like a bunch of favortism greedy communists.

pier4
3/17/10

good

keithh
12/23/09

I read what Timothy wrote and canceled my cable and am just using my PC hooked up to my TV to watch shows now. Saving myself a few hundred extra a year. Enough to just get a subscription to netflix. Netflix plus ovguide is now my PC entertainment for less than cable.

maryt1
12/8/09

I was trying to find old episodes of True Blood and this was the only place that led me to a site which wasn't a scam. If you google True Blood videos mostly you just get scam websites.

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the OV Guide staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question