US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

emmanuelr3
8/26/16

I signed up for Indeed and posted 3 jobs. I received multiple applications in the system, however half way through reviewing them I log in and they were no longer their. In addition I no longer have access to the employer site through the app or otherwise. This has happened with little to no information from Indeed support. This is frustrating to me because after spending the time to create an account it would have been decent of them to contact me before changing/disabling my account. For the job listings I posted (and that were responded to by candidates) it's confusing for both myself, and job seekers.

jacobp40
8/25/16

I started using Indeed and at first I was frustrated that despite spending many hundreds of dollars, I was not receiving the qualified candidates I was looking for. I was about to give up on them when I discovered the Resume Search feature. This feature is PERFECT! I need to access a specific type of job candidate. So instead of wasting time and money with unqualified folks, I was able to target and pay for only the people I wanted to contact in the first place! My level of excitement was through the roof and I was finally getting qualified people to speak with.

Then one day the Resume Alerts stopped coming... Hmm I wonder what it could be? I logged in to find out that my ability to search resumes was suspended. "Huh.. that's odd, I wonder what happened?" I wondered. Then the most frustrating thing that has ever happened to me in business occurred. I felt like I was in Nazi Germany and the SS were surveilling me. They said they would not reinstate my ability to use the search feature and what is more? They WOULD NOT TELL ME WHY!!! If I knew what I did wrong I would FIX IT AND KEEP PAYING YOU!! None of my communications appeared to be out of order. I was ONLY contacting those whom fit my search criteria, I made very clear ours is a commission only position. It was a mystery why I was suspended and is going to stay a mystery because they WILL NOT tell me what was the problem.

After airing this grievance here on Site Jabber and Indeed representative contacted me and said that they would review the suspension and to my delight they lifted it. However, I am under scrutiny and if they ever suspend it again there will be no consideration. So I am elated to be able to use and pay for a service that has proven to be very effective and I thank them for that. However, it seems unreasonable to me that any business would prevent customers from learning what they did that caused a suspension so that they could correct the problem and continue to pay for services. C'mon Indeed! You can do better, there must be a reasonable way to effect compliance while maintaining a high standard of quality. Could an account rep review postings prior to allowing them on the site?

Please consider a policy upgrade. :)

I still like Indeed and think this service is beautiful!

staceyd30
8/25/16

Set up an account yesterday, I did everything I have done previously when setting up accounts for companies I have worked for, I log in this morning to find my account has been deactivated.
This does not help me in receiving applicants for roles that need to be swiftly filled.
How do I get my account reactivated??

elizabethg90
8/13/16

I filled out my resume and sent it out to eight places, I had 3 responses to set up interviews in less than 24 hours! Found what appears to be a great job 24 hours after they sent my resume out! I'm making sure I tell everybody who helped me get this job and what a great service it is! My new boss was happy too!

jimc157
8/9/16

I am a recruiter and have used indeed for many years to find candidates. They recently suspended my ability to contact jobseekers and refused to tell me why. I appealed but they refused to lift the suspension and again refused to tell me why or give me any details.

How do they get away with treating their customers this way? It's beyond unprofessional. Absolutely horrific experience. How are they still in business?

sandram116
7/3/16

If you want job candiates that have no relevance to the position you are hiring for. ADVERTISE ON INDEED. My job was for a skilled professional and the applications that i received were not relevant at all to the job position. They did not tell me also about my job running racking up to $1,500 in debt till i saw my statements. Totally unprofessional crap site stick to SEEK within one day had the right person. WASTE TIME MONEY AND INTERNET SPACE. Although I am semi happy with the outcome and appreciate the half refund amount no need to advertise on indeed again.

patriciac124
6/24/16

I used to have an applicant tracking system that was grandfathered into Indeed's Organic postings. It was great! We could post unlimited positions and received numerous applicants. Then Indeed starting nit picking EVERYTHING as an attempt to force us to pay for advertising. Then they reneged on our grandfathered organic postings.This really hurt our numbers in applications we received. I got a phone call from an Indeed rep. who told me I would receive approx. 40 applications per day, it would cost me approximately $2 / applicant etc., etc. They want me as an independent recruiter to pay them $2000 / mo. That is a HUGE expense. I asked several times for information in writing on how I am to be billed. I wanted to exactly how it works. I got a very generic email that explained little. I told him if they could promise me the volume it may be worth it.Promised the applicant quality will be better too or I won't have many applicants that do not qualify for a position. Within 2 days my account billing jumped from $87 to $497. Are you kidding me? I was only able to do 10 postings at a time "because my costs would get out of hand". LOL! IT ALREADY DID in 2 days. I only got 29 application. I called my rep and was furious. I was told it was because their system crashed and they will fix it. But I have to pay the current bill and they will credit me $200 on the next billing cycle. The short story is this... They back NOTHING up in writing so you are easily scammed in to erroneous billing for little response and poor application quality. So why should I pay them? I was completely misled and I am disgusted! VERY unhappy. Bad business. Maybe Indeed needs to start rethinking longer term rather than get their money now! You can make consistent money by paid monthly memberships by employers & recruiters. Or rethink the whole organic postings and stop being greedy! There has to be a better way to make money and improve your customer satisfaction to retain your customers. Your CPM model is a scam! I didn't appreciate the misleading sales pitch.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy into it until they can fully explain in detail how you will be charged and back their numbers up in writing. Who knows if they are making it all up. All I know is your bill will be less than $100 for 5 days of use and up near $500 in less than 48 hrs.

alexw84
6/17/16

I had a problem with my account being disabled after I first created it. I tried to contact support through the website, but heard nothing, so I decided to try Facebook. I got a reply within 15 minutes and they were very helpful and explained what the problem was. They had to escalate the issue, but surprisingly withing a couple hours everything was fixed and back up. Bit of a slow start but ended up winning the race.

Tip for consumers: Beware - expensive ads

amya52
6/9/16

I used indeed twice to find candidates for 3 different positions and both times I did not fulfill the position through indeed. I gave 2 starts because it's not a complete waste of time. Honestly you will get a lot of resumes but I will say a lot of them are not qualified resumes. I understand that indeed is not directly responsible for who applies for jobs but as an employer paying for every single click (overpriced clicks at that), I was very unhappy with how much I was charged at the end of this month.
I do not mind paying for quality resumes but I even emailed a so-called Senior Account Executive with some of the resumes I was was receiving complaining about the amount I was paying and the type of resumes I was receiving. Her response was that I was using a "self serve" option and that had I returned her calls before I was billed, she could have helped me get more quality leads. That if I had indeed manage my postings, this would not have happened.
Frankly, my email was not a nice email but it was not nasty either. It was an email written by an indeed user that was shocked at the amount being paid vs the quality of what I was paying for.
Again if I had received a better response than what I got from an account manager, I may have continued using indeed but after receiving an email pretty much stating that it's my fault and that the self-managed option doesn't work well... I think I'll move on: "The self serve option does not work very well because the jobs hit their budgets very quickly (when the $20 hits=20 clicks) and does not necessarily mean an apply. Again, this is something we could have helped with as you answered me calls before but I understand you were tied up."

No doubt you will get a lot of resumes but I can't say they're quality and the type of response I got from my inquiry was nothing short of a turn-off.

christyh30
6/3/16

I have used indeed to hire 4 separate positions in my company over the past 8 months. Their pricing is up front if you want to be sponsored - monthly or daily budgets - and I receive quality applicants along with people who aren't qualified. I have posted free and sponsored ads, with success from both, but more so the sponsored. I did sponsor the free ad after 3 weeks of no success, but that didn't help, I didn't receive many but the ones I did receive I was able to make a hire. We understand it is not Indeed's fault if we get under qualified people answering our ads, many people take a chance and apply for jobs they want without the experience needed. I have never received spam mail from Indeed and I have been with them for 6 years. My sponsor ship has always been fair in price - you have to know when to pause it if your budget is getting too high or you hired someone. We are in control of our account and honestly I believe the people with a negative review simply don't know how to manage their account or they don't understand fully what they signed up for. I have had so many good applicants for the jobs I posted I had to pause them after a few days just so I could have time to read through the resumes and phone screen.
I like Indeed and I highly recommend it to any employer looking to hire.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you understand the sponsorship before you sign up. Make sure your ad is more than 50 words and detailed so you get more applicants. The more you explain what you want and expect in your new hire, the better response you will have. Also give a little detail to who you are. People are very cautious online these days - you must be a little transparent. Good Luck!!

chriss405
6/2/16

Posted a job.Wanted to give Indeed a try. My post got budgeted for $15. It turned into $15 A DAY! My CC was billed for $500 per month for 3 months until my AP people flagged it. Zero Qualified Candidates. Most had no business "applying" for the technical job.

I spoke with their "Help Desk" and was offered $100 in free clicks. Insulting considering they bilked me for $2,000

Watch out!

brooker13
6/1/16

I posted a job as an employer and 2 days later the job was taken down any my account was disabled - completely out of the blue!! How am I supposed to rely on Indeed to help me find a person for a time sensitive position if I can't trust that my posting will remain live! Who knows how many days they've cost me in my search.

jenniferk93
5/27/16

Barely used this and charged my company 220.41 and I think we got like total of 10 resumes and interviewed 3. Way overpriced. Nowhere to file a complaint looked everywhere for a phone number or email all they have is this 1-800 number that useless. My boss is very angry at me for using this company and the cost. Will not use again.

judys75
5/19/16

Spent a ton of money with zero qualified employees. Called when I realized how much I was being billed...Don't waste your money or time! Wish I had checked this site first!!

shelinar
5/17/16

This is the worse company I have dealt with. I lodged a complaint with Mark (will not put surname in). About his rudeness and total disregard for customers. They let you advertise freely and then switch you off!! I would have been happy to pay to advertise if Mark had not been so aggressive and made it out as if me giving him money was him doing me a favour!!
I emailed Mark several times to ask why my complaint had not been investigated or me not being provided with the details of his line manager and guess what no response.
Don't bother wasting your money as applicants we get from Indeed a mainly the same as the ones from the job centre site which is free.

steveb186
5/13/16

Advertised with Indeed constantly for over 2 years many months paying £500+ to receive lots of time wasters and totally unsuitable applicants. Advert was suddenly suspended on Monday with not so much as an email or phone call. Apparently their search quality team had received a complaint from an anonymous person with totally false and slanderous allegations. After amending an advert that had been used satisfactorily and without complaint for 2 years they have this morning emailed me to say our account is now permanently closed. So as an employer I would advise anyone thinking of using Indeed to steer well clear, they obviously do not like their customers if they do not even have the courtesy of speaking to me directly about a "complaint" and believing an anonymous person. In the meantime I have over 70 applicants I have invited for an interview and have not the faintest idea if they have received their email, although Indeed have still charged me for this!! EMPLOYERS BEWARE INDEED ARE A TOTALLY UNETHICAL COMPANY.

richards230
5/8/16

For the month of April we received 50 responses at a cost of $500 dollars. After contacting these people not one ever called or came to an interview. If your looking for help try Craigslist. You will most likely have a much better response. They also have no explanation any where on there website as to why it cost so much.

shishirs1
5/7/16

My ID blocked and I cannot afford sponsoring jobs because we are very small company and we recruit oversees. If indeed not blocked my ID help me to grow then I will definitely in future sponsor my jobs by earning some money oversees.

joelm69
5/4/16

Total rip, spent several hundred dollars on 2 jobs. Not a single applicant had any experience in either job (or even any similar job) despite my posting that experience was required. For some reason, I don't think that Truck driver, customer service rep, assistant pastor, or janitor qualifies someone to operate a waterjet or be a screen printer

triciac9
5/2/16

I posted an 220 Insurance Agent position with Indeed and spent well over $300 in less than 1 month as I stopped the service. The majority of the Candidates that were sent to me were not even remotely qualified. As a matter of fact examples of candidates included, Math Teacher, blank resumes, tax prepares, after care workers.... All at my expense. Their explanation is that I pay per "click" on my add whether qualified or not. This could mean that they have their own people sitting in the office clicking away while I pay for it. This is a TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!!!! Do not use indeed if you work hard for the money being used to pay for this service.

carlc38
5/2/16

Hi if you are thinking to waste a bulk of your money this is the perfect software to go to is really fraud as this software asking you to add an amount daily but you have to be really careful and watch your bill as you are going to be shocked how fraud in your money ,not Recomended at all

rainbowv
4/26/16

Spoke to a rep who guided me through the process of getting the biggest return on my job posting. I had no idea of the ins and outs of putting a really good ad for a job in our center. I learned a lot and the gentleman was patient and made sure I understood why I was doing it the way he suggested. Indeed is a great resource and doesn't cost a zillion dollars. We've already hired 2 new employees and have a chance of getting one more. I'm sure I'll be using INDEED again in the future.

jasminan
4/19/16

I started looking into the Indeed scam today after reviewing my account and the amount of clicks versus applications. They charged me $ 43 dollars for 4 days after i specifically requested the maximum of $ 5 dollars per day. I just received my business health care license about a month ago and are fairly new so being on a strict budget is essential at this point. Initially it took them a while to approve my business to advertise so i paid for two weeks and received about 25 resumes. Its safe to say half of the applicant din't even bother to call back , while the other 30 % were no call no show to the interview and about 20% actually showed up and out of 20% it safe to say maybe 2 i have considered hiring. I have suspended my post effective today and will not use this site any longer.

Another thing very questionable is the whole pay per click deal.
How are we suppose to monitor the clicks?
Are these Clicks actually real?
We should be provided with the name of the person viewing/ clicking the job posting.
Employers should be charged only per amount of the applicants submitting their resumes and not per click , because we have no way of knowing who is reviewing the job posting, leaving us at the mercy of Indeed to report basically whatever they feel like in terms of click and having to pay whatever they say, even though we agreed to have a certain amount of money set per day and even so they still allow the charges to continue to pile up to $8 or $9 per day without my approval.

After i complained about this , the rep told me not to worry about it at the end of my term it will all amount to an average of $ 5 per day and instructed me to monitor the account daily to ensure I am being charged that amount. Unfortunately with my schedule I am not able to keep tabs on Indeed daily to ensure the accuracy of our agreement. The whole thing just doesn't seem right.

The first time i submitted my job posting with Indeed it cost me about $ 25 dollars give it or take and i received 24 resumes , and 4 days ago i posted again except for this time i only received 1 resume and it cost me twice the amount. Not to mention after i posted for the second time i had to wait again for several days because my account was under review and was asked to call from my business number and send a copy of the bill to verify the business is legitimate. Are you kidding me ? What was the point of sending the copy of my license , just to send the utility bill to verify my business? Complete waist of my time!!! So, Its safe to say i will not be using their services any more and I will certainly share my story with my professional network to ensure my colleagues are aware of my experience with Indeed.com

tj145
4/15/16

I represent a large global agency. I was asked to set up an account on Indeed. Suddenly my account was blocked. I made four calls to Indeed and eventually found out through a third party I was blocked. I spoke with the account rep who stated I will not get an answer why I was blocked but I can read their documentation and try to figure it out. Once I figure it out I will be allowed to appeal? In addition, the team that makes the decision on blocking do not take phone calls to address issues or dispute. I've not been given an opportunity to speak with professionals internally or customer service that will help resolve or assist. 20 year recruiting veteran.

philipl28
4/13/16

We posted a couple jobs recently on Indeed.com. We received tons of resumes but most had absolutely no relevance to the job we had posted, and many were so short as to be useless. We won't use this service anymore.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

98 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Indeed staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
19 hours ago
Add your answer
4 days ago
Answer
doritb
A: Hi Baber, thank you for reaching out! Accounts are reviewed on a case by case basis, so the Indeed Quality team do not always request additional information. We've checked in on the account and can see that someone on our Small Business team has reached out to assist, however if there is anything further that we can assist with, please feel free to contact us via SiteJabber private message.
- Indeed Support.