US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

paulw214
2/26/17

I have submitted over 300 resume's over the past 2 years. I have years of professional experience, a professionally designed resume' and cover letter, and many letters of endorsement and reference from peers, mentors, and previous employers.

Despite all of that I have not received a single call back from an Indeed application. I have no other opinion to offer except Indeed seems to be ineffective.

I read some of the reviews from employers and it appears they are dissatisfied with Indeed.com's performance as well. Citing that they do not receive notices of applicants and they feel they are being charged too much to look at resume's submitted to their ads.

If they have to pay to see each applicant and feel they are being gouged then that may explain why our resume's aren't being reviewed.

I still say you can't find a job sittin on your butt entering in to pointless data bases.

Get off your duff and submit directly to the company forget about INDEED, Monster and all the other losers capitalizing on the backs of those in need of work.

This leave me to believe that these new ways just aren't working for anyone.

Tip for consumers: Use Indeed to see who's hiring and apply to them directly. Indeed resume's do not get viewed.

lindad174
2/26/17

We've used indeed before with no issues but we acquired a new company and went to post an ad for an assistant for that company and they disabled our account. After multiple calls to them we have given up on that company. I tried to post an ad for customer service reps for the same company we have used them for before and they disabled that account also. I tried to create a brand new log in and posted with that one yesterday, thinking it must be an error, and now that one is disabled also. It's really strange. We can't seem to get any answers as to why from them. We posted on Craigslist and already have a bunch of resumes. What a waste of time trying to use Indeed over the past couple of weeks! Maybe the applicants would have been better than Craigslist, but that doesn't really matter if they won't post it.

wandam29
2/25/17

I had several interviews by employees through Indeed. Finally got a job offer. Thanks indeed. I would recommend this to others seeking employment.

hadynr
2/25/17

I uploaded my CV to Indeed to help me find work, somehow the process had mixed up previous positions with wrong companies.

kimm245
2/24/17

We had an account (have previously posted job positions here) and posted a job on Indeed for a position opening. In less than 24hrs of posting this job (dispatcher position) our account was indefinitely suspended stating that our posting was fraudulent. I called customer service to find out why our CC had been charged 218.00 if our ad posted was fraudulent. They replied the charges are being incurred for the amount of time our ad ran. I asked for the charges be removed and was told they could not be at this time. All that could be done at this time was submit a charge review to their accounting dept. We don't run our business in this manor nor will we do business with a company that does.

leilaa4
2/23/17

Hi,

I use to be able to access professional resumes for free on indeed, but now I have to pay $1 per resume that I want to contact? thats really expensive considering that a lot of times you dont hear back from individuals that you contact!

omv1
2/21/17

Hi. I am Getting job offer from indeed, call received today but they are asking 2500/- for processing first. is there any policy of indeed or this a fraud call ? please assist me

logans37
2/21/17

i never had so many unwanted calls before i discovered indeed. I've been looking for work for about a year now someone suggested this site to me and saw it on tv. thought it might be of some help unlike monster and the rest of them. I get calls from people wanting me to go to school, schools, people selling insurance, churches from states I've never been to, selling hearing aid's. I want a job i don't need people harassing me about this and that. I thought calling cell phones and trying to sell things was illegal ?

tlss
2/21/17

I have a brand new number, which i have had for over 3 months. Not a single call on this number apart from my own house number. After applying for a job through indeed, (entering my mobile number in the process) i suddenly get a call from a cold caller asking about any accident in the last few years... Quite the coincidence i must say! The employer who got my email didn't actually get my number, so only indeed have it on their system. The employer is also some small scale business who isn't breaching data protection and passing on details...

nancyj76
2/20/17

Half star rating at best
No notification or written warning to adjust my job posting that could have been in violation ....had a warning been issued I would have complied but banning access for no definite explanation is poor extremely poor business practice and awful customer service.

adelitav
2/13/17

I signed up years ago, and they keep sending me tempting job offers. I'm keeping up with only the companies I'm interested in. Good place to look for work.

jordanl29
2/13/17

I tried posting a job advertisement, I couldn't complete it because I was pressed for time then had the flu for a few days, when I was well enough to be up and out of bed my employer account had been cancelled because it apparently did not meet the quality they wanted it to be, I stated how stupid these suspensions were and cause a massive pain in my side when I am heading the recruitment process for my company (Forever Living Products) in North West England, I stated the person who came up with the idea for sanctions is obviously some short sighted idiot who doesn't care or realize that he is stopping companies expanding, and if that they cannot grow then they cannot produce any more income, which means it'll damage the company, the company I work for is spread in 158 countries in all 7 continents and over 10,000 employees on a commission based payment structure, but when I stated that the people who work in appeals didn't care, then I asked for them to delete my account and they still haven't got back to me, I told my boss about this and he said if they don't grant me the ability to contacted people after viewing their CVs and the ability to post a job advertisement by the middle of march then the company will take Indeed to court and very heavily sue them, and as someone else said in a review, you cannot remove card details, phone numbers or delete an account yourself, by doing so they are breaking United Nations laws by not allowing people the right to remove what details they want from a company website.

If any employee from Indeed is reading this then I hope we can sort this out in a civilized manner, either by deleting my account for me right now or allowing me to do so on the spot, instead of appealing which will take time I do not have, or by granting me the ability to contact people and post job adverts.

jordanw37
12/17/16

It took a month of grinding, but I finally got a call back after multiple job interviews. It's an EXTREMELY useful tool for getting your resumè out there. 5 stars all the way

jakec47
11/24/16

The reasons on why I gave Indeed five stars is very simple. Indeed provides a service to those looking for jobs and those looking for employees, rating them off of just that, they were perfect. Although every job I applied for did not lead me to an open door but then again when has it ever. Having also used four other job engines with paying for two of them and applying collectively for 97 positions and only hearing back from a few of them can be very belittling. However with time and proper preperation of your own materials(resumé, cover letter), and using Indeed I can assure you that you will find a job.

stephanied75
10/20/16

It still does not matter what you determined. It is still unprofessional and not a good way to do business. If there are processes of how to conduct business on the site then ensure it is understood by the customer, therefore the quality just went from a 100 to 0. Enabling my account did not matter one way or the other. I don't waste my time or company money on scam sites.

I recommend recruiters to try: monster.com, headhunters.com, These are quality service sites that offer assistance and will advise you in the process.

Indeed-support S wrote: -------------------------
Hi Stephanie, we apologize you have had a poor experience. After fully reviewing your account and additional company information, we determined that we would not be able to proceed with re-enabling your account. While you were able to use the account prior to this decision, Indeed reserves the right to review accounts at any time and disable further use if it is in the best interest of our job seekers. The reasons behind this decision are kept confidential to protect our Quality processes and the integrity of the website. For additional information, please review our Job Posting Guidelines: http://www.indeed.com/hire/job-posting-guidelines Thank you.

davidh416
10/12/16

For some unknown reason our Indeed account was disabled. When I inquired via their web site, I received an email response which stated that my account was suspended and that further appeals for this suspension will not be considered or responded too. Signed by someone named "Indeed Compliance." I have no idea why and they never contacted us for additional information. This is pretty poor customer service. We have a few jobs opening up in the coming months. Too bad for Indeed. Good for Zip Recruiter.

paulm345
10/10/16

I added a job on Indeed Thursday of last week, I've come in after the weekend and found my account disabled with no explanation or e-mail?

tommym57
10/6/16

Indeed will shut your account down without warning and without an explanation. Our account was shut down after a year of doing business with indeed. They will not tell us why or what we've done to be cut off. My company has paid LOTS of money to advertise on their site.
In the year of advertising with indeed we have put THOUSANDS of people to work. Its ashamed that this company doesn't care about people who really need decent paying labor jobs ($12.00-$14.000) per hour.
Oh yeah, it might be that our company had a bad review..... But I see that indeed has a lot more bad reviews than my company did.

az333
10/6/16

We emailed, called couple of time, customer service is really horrible. All they said again and again, Indeed reserve the right crap... I kept asking about the reason but they didn't answer.. This site needs to be avoided and should not be used for recruitment.

kristinap18
10/4/16

I having been using Indeed for about 2 weeks now and have gotten 3 job interviews already. I love how easy it is to apply and simple. I am a teenager with no prior work experience and they help me make an outstanding resume and a personality test to help employers get to know me. It is amazing please sign up

liamc26
10/3/16

As a recruiter, I use various sites to advertise our company's vacancies. Like several others, indeed allows you to finish writing your job posting, finalising every detail;, before telling you you'll need to pay an upfront fee to have your job advertised. I feel this is very misleading and should have been made clear from the start. The layout of the site and the format of job postings seems good, but it's lost some stars for its misleading information (or lack thereof.) I have since been informed that postings are monitored on a case-by-case basis; this system now makes more sense! It's nice to have the option to sponsor jobs, but a general guideline of which jobs will need to be sponsored would be useful.

waelm14
10/3/16

Our company has had the worst experience on indeed ever. Very unprofessional, inconsistent irrational processes. Worst customer service of any company small or large. irrational abrupt decisions made by individual amateurs with no communication skills. Truly the worst company.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY.

maryg177
9/26/16

I used indeed to apply for numerous positions for two months and could not understand why I was not even getting one call back. I finally called one of the companies directly and was informed indeed had never even sent my info to them. I had to forward my resume and was hired within a week! Now I understand why I had no calls.....no one received my resume! Indeed is good to find who is hiring, but don't waste your time using their system! Contact the hiring company directly!!!!

jeffh131
9/18/16

I have used Indeed to search for potential hires for approximately one year. Recently, when I attempted to contact a candidate, I learned that I was suspended from emailing the job-seeker. I filed the Indeed appeal form (which asks why you think your account was suspended) because I have no idea why I was suspended. This was the response I received, "We have reviewed your account and will not be lifting the suspension for Indeed Resume. Suspension of your ability to contact job seekers has no effect on your ability to post or sponsor jobs on Indeed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Further appeals for this suspension will not be considered or responded to."

Interesting that one can still post or sponsor jobs on Indeed but, contacting a candidate is not permitted. How in the .... does that work? Save your time and money

Tip for consumers: Save your time and money

bobj21
9/16/16

I haven't found any other sites that are as simple and easy to use as a job-seeker. That said, read the other reviews from recruiters even here on SJ. Recruiters don't seem to like it nearly as much which could effect the future of the site.

My recommendation would be to use indeed as a job-seeker but do some really good research if you're a recruiter. No matter which category you fall in - don't rely solely on this site.

REASONS TO USE
[1] Great filtering for job-seekers to narrow down what they're looking for easily
[2] Incredible, streamlined interface - very clean

REASONS TO LOSE
[1] As a job-seeker you've found a better LOCAL resource for job postings
[2] As a job-poster you don't like the candidates you are getting

260 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

128 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Indeed staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
soumyakantim
Soumyakanti M.
4 days, 13 hours ago
Answer
doritb
Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep]
A: Hello Soumyakanti, can you please email us at sitejabber@indeed.com so we can further investigate? Thank you.
3 days, 7 hours ago
5 days, 15 hours ago
Answer
doritb
Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep]
A: Hi Om, please refer to the private message we have sent to you for further assistance.
5 days ago