US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

chrisp133
12/4/16

I only ever write a bad review of a company when it really is an organization that should be avoided at all costs. As a small business owner, Indeed is one of the worst companies I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. We started out looking for a candidate to perform a very specific technical job for us that required us to scout multiple locations. Our goal was to put the job ads up in multiple cities, see which ones had multiple candidates that would be able to do the job and then set up a facility in the location based on that. I gave Indeed a call on November 21st at 4:01 PM and asked how we could get the Apply URL feature enabled that would allow us to post in multiple cities without issue. The customer service rep told me that was not necessary and that we could just manually post the same job posting in multiple cities. Ok, sounds good I thought.

One week later and I tried to login to Indeed to see the current applicants. Well when I logged in there was nothing showing up, and no email from Indeed explaining anything so I proceeded to call them to find out why. They told me the account was suspended pending review but that it would be completed within 1 day at the most after I provided them with a bank statement, business licence, etc. A day later, still no change, and nothing from Indeed, so I gave them another call following up. I got told a review was in process, there was nothing they could do to speed it up and we would hear back eventually. I got an email later that day informing me bluntly your account is disabled, there is nothing more we can do, we suggest you use our competitors instead, goodbye. I followed up explaining the situation and I got another template email back saying the same thing.

I find it insane to say the least that we can get kicked off Indeed,
1) Without at least a warning saying please stop doing X or you risk being banned
2) Despite the fact we called (there must be a record somewhere) and got told there was no problem with what we were doing
3) With no email, or any communication explaining our account had been suspended and why
4) After proving we were a legitimate business with bank statements and our state business licence

I would advise ALL small business to look ELSEWHERE for your hiring needs. Using Indeed only allows this company to grow bigger and sticks it to small business even harder when they unfairly kick them off the platform. The communication at the company is insane to say the least and the exact same "we are so sorry but our internal reviews said you cannot use our site, goodbye" template that every Indeed complaint on this site gets as a response speaks volumes to this lousy organization and its lousy lousy service.

Tip for consumers: Avoid - Use any other job site instead

robinn17
12/1/16

I've applied to well over 500 jobs on Indeed with maybe three responses in two years. I started to contact the company's after not hearing from anyone, only to find out that 80% of them already had the jobs filled, so I've been un-employed all this time waiting to hear from the company only to find out that Indeed's jobs DO NOT EXIST!!

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY, THERE'S NO REAL JOBS!!

jakec47
11/24/16

The reasons on why I gave Indeed five stars is very simple. Indeed provides a service to those looking for jobs and those looking for employees, rating them off of just that, they were perfect. Although every job I applied for did not lead me to an open door but then again when has it ever. Having also used four other job engines with paying for two of them and applying collectively for 97 positions and only hearing back from a few of them can be very belittling. However with time and proper preperation of your own materials(resumé, cover letter), and using Indeed I can assure you that you will find a job.

randallt8
11/11/16

Indeed.com obfuscates billing practices, doesn't provide justification for charges, and sucks money out of your account without agreement or notification. Intolerable!

They should round up management and throw them in jail. They are common criminals masquerading as service providers.

stephanied75
10/20/16

It still does not matter what you determined. It is still unprofessional and not a good way to do business. If there are processes of how to conduct business on the site then ensure it is understood by the customer, therefore the quality just went from a 100 to 0. Enabling my account did not matter one way or the other. I don't waste my time or company money on scam sites.

I recommend recruiters to try: monster.com, headhunters.com, These are quality service sites that offer assistance and will advise you in the process.

Indeed-support S wrote: -------------------------
Hi Stephanie, we apologize you have had a poor experience. After fully reviewing your account and additional company information, we determined that we would not be able to proceed with re-enabling your account. While you were able to use the account prior to this decision, Indeed reserves the right to review accounts at any time and disable further use if it is in the best interest of our job seekers. The reasons behind this decision are kept confidential to protect our Quality processes and the integrity of the website. For additional information, please review our Job Posting Guidelines: http://www.indeed.com/hire/job-posting-guidelines Thank you.

davidh416
10/12/16

For some unknown reason our Indeed account was disabled. When I inquired via their web site, I received an email response which stated that my account was suspended and that further appeals for this suspension will not be considered or responded too. Signed by someone named "Indeed Compliance." I have no idea why and they never contacted us for additional information. This is pretty poor customer service. We have a few jobs opening up in the coming months. Too bad for Indeed. Good for Zip Recruiter.

paulm345
10/10/16

I added a job on Indeed Thursday of last week, I've come in after the weekend and found my account disabled with no explanation or e-mail?

tommym57
10/6/16

Indeed will shut your account down without warning and without an explanation. Our account was shut down after a year of doing business with indeed. They will not tell us why or what we've done to be cut off. My company has paid LOTS of money to advertise on their site.
In the year of advertising with indeed we have put THOUSANDS of people to work. Its ashamed that this company doesn't care about people who really need decent paying labor jobs ($12.00-$14.000) per hour.
Oh yeah, it might be that our company had a bad review..... But I see that indeed has a lot more bad reviews than my company did.

az333
10/6/16

We emailed, called couple of time, customer service is really horrible. All they said again and again, Indeed reserve the right crap... I kept asking about the reason but they didn't answer.. This site needs to be avoided and should not be used for recruitment.

kristinap18
10/4/16

I having been using Indeed for about 2 weeks now and have gotten 3 job interviews already. I love how easy it is to apply and simple. I am a teenager with no prior work experience and they help me make an outstanding resume and a personality test to help employers get to know me. It is amazing please sign up

liamc26
10/3/16

As a recruiter, I use various sites to advertise our company's vacancies. Like several others, indeed allows you to finish writing your job posting, finalising every detail;, before telling you you'll need to pay an upfront fee to have your job advertised. I feel this is very misleading and should have been made clear from the start. The layout of the site and the format of job postings seems good, but it's lost some stars for its misleading information (or lack thereof.) I have since been informed that postings are monitored on a case-by-case basis; this system now makes more sense! It's nice to have the option to sponsor jobs, but a general guideline of which jobs will need to be sponsored would be useful.

waelm14
10/3/16

Our company has had the worst experience on indeed ever. Very unprofessional, inconsistent irrational processes. Worst customer service of any company small or large. irrational abrupt decisions made by individual amateurs with no communication skills. Truly the worst company.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY.

maryg177
9/26/16

I used indeed to apply for numerous positions for two months and could not understand why I was not even getting one call back. I finally called one of the companies directly and was informed indeed had never even sent my info to them. I had to forward my resume and was hired within a week! Now I understand why I had no calls.....no one received my resume! Indeed is good to find who is hiring, but don't waste your time using their system! Contact the hiring company directly!!!!

jeffh131
9/18/16

I have used Indeed to search for potential hires for approximately one year. Recently, when I attempted to contact a candidate, I learned that I was suspended from emailing the job-seeker. I filed the Indeed appeal form (which asks why you think your account was suspended) because I have no idea why I was suspended. This was the response I received, "We have reviewed your account and will not be lifting the suspension for Indeed Resume. Suspension of your ability to contact job seekers has no effect on your ability to post or sponsor jobs on Indeed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Further appeals for this suspension will not be considered or responded to."

Interesting that one can still post or sponsor jobs on Indeed but, contacting a candidate is not permitted. How in the .... does that work? Save your time and money

Tip for consumers: Save your time and money

bobj21
9/16/16

I haven't found any other sites that are as simple and easy to use as a job-seeker. That said, read the other reviews from recruiters even here on SJ. Recruiters don't seem to like it nearly as much which could effect the future of the site.

My recommendation would be to use indeed as a job-seeker but do some really good research if you're a recruiter. No matter which category you fall in - don't rely solely on this site.

REASONS TO USE
[1] Great filtering for job-seekers to narrow down what they're looking for easily
[2] Incredible, streamlined interface - very clean

REASONS TO LOSE
[1] As a job-seeker you've found a better LOCAL resource for job postings
[2] As a job-poster you don't like the candidates you are getting

sherryp27
9/9/16

My newly formed company was using Indeed to find Independent Contractors to help grow our business. We had multiple ads up in 3 different cities and then one day Indeed just disables the account.

I completely understand that Indeed has the right to disable accounts, but at the very least let me know what it is so I can fix it. If I made a mistake, you are not going to allow me to fix it. That's just poor customer service. There is no way that I would ever treat one of my clients that way.

meganr38
9/6/16

I assisted my CEO in creating a job post to find some candidates to interview immediately. The first day went well, we had 3 candidates that we contacted. Few days later (today) we go on to see if we have any more candidates & there's nothing.. our job is gone. Doesn't even show that we posted one. (when we did, sponsored as well). We would like to get it up & running again as we have limited time. Some help would be fantastic. We were very excited to be successful with Indeed on the first day we posted the job. We would like to continue & find more candidates.

tonia76
9/4/16

Indeed made finding my perfect job match easy , the website is super easy to use and gives you all the tools you need to be successful in finding a great job and or career. Thank you indeed!!!!!! And thank you Vetco for using indeed! Would highly recommend indeed!

jacobp40
8/25/16

I started using Indeed and at first I was frustrated that despite spending many hundreds of dollars, I was not receiving the qualified candidates I was looking for. I was about to give up on them when I discovered the Resume Search feature. This feature is PERFECT! I need to access a specific type of job candidate. So instead of wasting time and money with unqualified folks, I was able to target and pay for only the people I wanted to contact in the first place! My level of excitement was through the roof and I was finally getting qualified people to speak with.

Then one day the Resume Alerts stopped coming... Hmm I wonder what it could be? I logged in to find out that my ability to search resumes was suspended. "Huh.. that's odd, I wonder what happened?" I wondered. Then the most frustrating thing that has ever happened to me in business occurred. I felt like I was in Nazi Germany and the SS were surveilling me. They said they would not reinstate my ability to use the search feature and what is more? They WOULD NOT TELL ME WHY!!! If I knew what I did wrong I would FIX IT AND KEEP PAYING YOU!! None of my communications appeared to be out of order. I was ONLY contacting those whom fit my search criteria, I made very clear ours is a commission only position. It was a mystery why I was suspended and is going to stay a mystery because they WILL NOT tell me what was the problem.

After airing this grievance here on Site Jabber and Indeed representative contacted me and said that they would review the suspension and to my delight they lifted it. However, I am under scrutiny and if they ever suspend it again there will be no consideration. So I am elated to be able to use and pay for a service that has proven to be very effective and I thank them for that. However, it seems unreasonable to me that any business would prevent customers from learning what they did that caused a suspension so that they could correct the problem and continue to pay for services. C'mon Indeed! You can do better, there must be a reasonable way to effect compliance while maintaining a high standard of quality. Could an account rep review postings prior to allowing them on the site?

Please consider a policy upgrade. :)

I still like Indeed and think this service is beautiful!

elizabethg90
8/13/16

I filled out my resume and sent it out to eight places, I had 3 responses to set up interviews in less than 24 hours! Found what appears to be a great job 24 hours after they sent my resume out! I'm making sure I tell everybody who helped me get this job and what a great service it is! My new boss was happy too!

jimc157
8/9/16

I am a recruiter and have used indeed for many years to find candidates. They recently suspended my ability to contact jobseekers and refused to tell me why. I appealed but they refused to lift the suspension and again refused to tell me why or give me any details.

How do they get away with treating their customers this way? It's beyond unprofessional. Absolutely horrific experience. How are they still in business?

sandram116
7/3/16

If you want job candiates that have no relevance to the position you are hiring for. ADVERTISE ON INDEED. My job was for a skilled professional and the applications that i received were not relevant at all to the job position. They did not tell me also about my job running racking up to $1,500 in debt till i saw my statements. Totally unprofessional crap site stick to SEEK within one day had the right person. WASTE TIME MONEY AND INTERNET SPACE. Although I am semi happy with the outcome and appreciate the half refund amount no need to advertise on indeed again.

patriciac124
6/24/16

I used to have an applicant tracking system that was grandfathered into Indeed's Organic postings. It was great! We could post unlimited positions and received numerous applicants. Then Indeed starting nit picking EVERYTHING as an attempt to force us to pay for advertising. Then they reneged on our grandfathered organic postings.This really hurt our numbers in applications we received. I got a phone call from an Indeed rep. who told me I would receive approx. 40 applications per day, it would cost me approximately $2 / applicant etc., etc. They want me as an independent recruiter to pay them $2000 / mo. That is a HUGE expense. I asked several times for information in writing on how I am to be billed. I wanted to exactly how it works. I got a very generic email that explained little. I told him if they could promise me the volume it may be worth it.Promised the applicant quality will be better too or I won't have many applicants that do not qualify for a position. Within 2 days my account billing jumped from $87 to $497. Are you kidding me? I was only able to do 10 postings at a time "because my costs would get out of hand". LOL! IT ALREADY DID in 2 days. I only got 29 application. I called my rep and was furious. I was told it was because their system crashed and they will fix it. But I have to pay the current bill and they will credit me $200 on the next billing cycle. The short story is this... They back NOTHING up in writing so you are easily scammed in to erroneous billing for little response and poor application quality. So why should I pay them? I was completely misled and I am disgusted! VERY unhappy. Bad business. Maybe Indeed needs to start rethinking longer term rather than get their money now! You can make consistent money by paid monthly memberships by employers & recruiters. Or rethink the whole organic postings and stop being greedy! There has to be a better way to make money and improve your customer satisfaction to retain your customers. Your CPM model is a scam! I didn't appreciate the misleading sales pitch.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy into it until they can fully explain in detail how you will be charged and back their numbers up in writing. Who knows if they are making it all up. All I know is your bill will be less than $100 for 5 days of use and up near $500 in less than 48 hrs.

alexw84
6/17/16

I had a problem with my account being disabled after I first created it. I tried to contact support through the website, but heard nothing, so I decided to try Facebook. I got a reply within 15 minutes and they were very helpful and explained what the problem was. They had to escalate the issue, but surprisingly withing a couple hours everything was fixed and back up. Bit of a slow start but ended up winning the race.

Tip for consumers: Beware - expensive ads

amya52
6/9/16

I used indeed twice to find candidates for 3 different positions and both times I did not fulfill the position through indeed. I gave 2 starts because it's not a complete waste of time. Honestly you will get a lot of resumes but I will say a lot of them are not qualified resumes. I understand that indeed is not directly responsible for who applies for jobs but as an employer paying for every single click (overpriced clicks at that), I was very unhappy with how much I was charged at the end of this month.
I do not mind paying for quality resumes but I even emailed a so-called Senior Account Executive with some of the resumes I was was receiving complaining about the amount I was paying and the type of resumes I was receiving. Her response was that I was using a "self serve" option and that had I returned her calls before I was billed, she could have helped me get more quality leads. That if I had indeed manage my postings, this would not have happened.
Frankly, my email was not a nice email but it was not nasty either. It was an email written by an indeed user that was shocked at the amount being paid vs the quality of what I was paying for.
Again if I had received a better response than what I got from an account manager, I may have continued using indeed but after receiving an email pretty much stating that it's my fault and that the self-managed option doesn't work well... I think I'll move on: "The self serve option does not work very well because the jobs hit their budgets very quickly (when the $20 hits=20 clicks) and does not necessarily mean an apply. Again, this is something we could have helped with as you answered me calls before but I understand you were tied up."

No doubt you will get a lot of resumes but I can't say they're quality and the type of response I got from my inquiry was nothing short of a turn-off.

128 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

115 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Indeed staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
aniss38
anis s.
6 days, 1 hour ago
Answer
doritb
Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep]
A: Hi Anis, please email is at sitejabber@indeed.com from your Indeed account email address so we can check this out for you. Thank you.
5 days, 9 hours ago
3 weeks, 2 days ago
Answer
doritb
Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep]
A: Hi Sam, please email us at sitejabber@indeed.com with your Indeed account email so we can further assist. Thank you.
3 weeks, 1 day ago