US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

maryg177
9/26/16

I used indeed to apply for numerous positions for two months and could not understand why I was not even getting one call back. I finally called one of the companies directly and was informed indeed had never even sent my info to them. I had to forward my resume and was hired within a week! Now I understand why I had no calls.....no one received my resume! Indeed is good to find who is hiring, but don't waste your time using their system! Contact the hiring company directly!!!!

ronm107
9/25/16

I started using Indeed a few weeks ago to recruit drivers for an-uber like service that my organization is sponsoring. We were so pleased with the results in a matter of days that we decided to switch all of our recruiting efforts to Indeed. We added another position and a day later our account was gone! We were mortified because we had just been disconnected from my candidates that we had already started intervieiwing. It hurt our reputation as a new company to lose all of our potential hire contact info. We figured that maybe our additional position caused a problem. So we tried to create new accounts with different positions and each time the account was deleted within a day. That completely stalled our operations at an extremely inconvenient time. I honestly never saw that coming

mu1957
9/25/16

I started a new company and attempted to post an ad to indeed.com. I went through all of the required steps, provided my company email address, and uploaded my photo ID. The next time I logged in, I got a notification that my account was disabled. I emailed Indeed, and did not receive any explanation as to why my account was disabled. They simply replied that my account was found to be "unsuitable". Their email very tersely stated that they won't reply to further questions about my suspension. I read through their terms of service, and I did not find a single rule that I violated. I find this experience to be extremely disappointing, as I thought Indeed was a reputable site. That they would not provide a clear list of rules in their TOS nor an explanation why an account would be suspended is quite surprising to me.

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time with Indeed. Their customer service is appalling.

jeffh131
9/18/16

I have used Indeed to search for potential hires for approximately one year. Recently, when I attempted to contact a candidate, I learned that I was suspended from emailing the job-seeker. I filed the Indeed appeal form (which asks why you think your account was suspended) because I have no idea why I was suspended. This was the response I received, "We have reviewed your account and will not be lifting the suspension for Indeed Resume. Suspension of your ability to contact job seekers has no effect on your ability to post or sponsor jobs on Indeed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Further appeals for this suspension will not be considered or responded to."

Interesting that one can still post or sponsor jobs on Indeed but, contacting a candidate is not permitted. How in the .... does that work? Save your time and money

Tip for consumers: Save your time and money

bobj21
9/16/16

I haven't found any other sites that are as simple and easy to use as a job-seeker. That said, read the other reviews from recruiters even here on SJ. Recruiters don't seem to like it nearly as much which could effect the future of the site.

My recommendation would be to use indeed as a job-seeker but do some really good research if you're a recruiter. No matter which category you fall in - don't rely solely on this site.

REASONS TO USE
[1] Great filtering for job-seekers to narrow down what they're looking for easily
[2] Incredible, streamlined interface - very clean

REASONS TO LOSE
[1] As a job-seeker you've found a better LOCAL resource for job postings
[2] As a job-poster you don't like the candidates you are getting

sherryp27
9/9/16

My newly formed company was using Indeed to find Independent Contractors to help grow our business. We had multiple ads up in 3 different cities and then one day Indeed just disables the account.

I completely understand that Indeed has the right to disable accounts, but at the very least let me know what it is so I can fix it. If I made a mistake, you are not going to allow me to fix it. That's just poor customer service. There is no way that I would ever treat one of my clients that way.

meganr38
9/6/16

I assisted my CEO in creating a job post to find some candidates to interview immediately. The first day went well, we had 3 candidates that we contacted. Few days later (today) we go on to see if we have any more candidates & there's nothing.. our job is gone. Doesn't even show that we posted one. (when we did, sponsored as well). We would like to get it up & running again as we have limited time. Some help would be fantastic. We were very excited to be successful with Indeed on the first day we posted the job. We would like to continue & find more candidates.

tonia76
9/4/16

Indeed made finding my perfect job match easy , the website is super easy to use and gives you all the tools you need to be successful in finding a great job and or career. Thank you indeed!!!!!! And thank you Vetco for using indeed! Would highly recommend indeed!

jacobp40
8/25/16

I started using Indeed and at first I was frustrated that despite spending many hundreds of dollars, I was not receiving the qualified candidates I was looking for. I was about to give up on them when I discovered the Resume Search feature. This feature is PERFECT! I need to access a specific type of job candidate. So instead of wasting time and money with unqualified folks, I was able to target and pay for only the people I wanted to contact in the first place! My level of excitement was through the roof and I was finally getting qualified people to speak with.

Then one day the Resume Alerts stopped coming... Hmm I wonder what it could be? I logged in to find out that my ability to search resumes was suspended. "Huh.. that's odd, I wonder what happened?" I wondered. Then the most frustrating thing that has ever happened to me in business occurred. I felt like I was in Nazi Germany and the SS were surveilling me. They said they would not reinstate my ability to use the search feature and what is more? They WOULD NOT TELL ME WHY!!! If I knew what I did wrong I would FIX IT AND KEEP PAYING YOU!! None of my communications appeared to be out of order. I was ONLY contacting those whom fit my search criteria, I made very clear ours is a commission only position. It was a mystery why I was suspended and is going to stay a mystery because they WILL NOT tell me what was the problem.

After airing this grievance here on Site Jabber and Indeed representative contacted me and said that they would review the suspension and to my delight they lifted it. However, I am under scrutiny and if they ever suspend it again there will be no consideration. So I am elated to be able to use and pay for a service that has proven to be very effective and I thank them for that. However, it seems unreasonable to me that any business would prevent customers from learning what they did that caused a suspension so that they could correct the problem and continue to pay for services. C'mon Indeed! You can do better, there must be a reasonable way to effect compliance while maintaining a high standard of quality. Could an account rep review postings prior to allowing them on the site?

Please consider a policy upgrade. :)

I still like Indeed and think this service is beautiful!

elizabethg90
8/13/16

I filled out my resume and sent it out to eight places, I had 3 responses to set up interviews in less than 24 hours! Found what appears to be a great job 24 hours after they sent my resume out! I'm making sure I tell everybody who helped me get this job and what a great service it is! My new boss was happy too!

jimc157
8/9/16

I am a recruiter and have used indeed for many years to find candidates. They recently suspended my ability to contact jobseekers and refused to tell me why. I appealed but they refused to lift the suspension and again refused to tell me why or give me any details.

How do they get away with treating their customers this way? It's beyond unprofessional. Absolutely horrific experience. How are they still in business?

sandram116
7/3/16

If you want job candiates that have no relevance to the position you are hiring for. ADVERTISE ON INDEED. My job was for a skilled professional and the applications that i received were not relevant at all to the job position. They did not tell me also about my job running racking up to $1,500 in debt till i saw my statements. Totally unprofessional crap site stick to SEEK within one day had the right person. WASTE TIME MONEY AND INTERNET SPACE. Although I am semi happy with the outcome and appreciate the half refund amount no need to advertise on indeed again.

patriciac124
6/24/16

I used to have an applicant tracking system that was grandfathered into Indeed's Organic postings. It was great! We could post unlimited positions and received numerous applicants. Then Indeed starting nit picking EVERYTHING as an attempt to force us to pay for advertising. Then they reneged on our grandfathered organic postings.This really hurt our numbers in applications we received. I got a phone call from an Indeed rep. who told me I would receive approx. 40 applications per day, it would cost me approximately $2 / applicant etc., etc. They want me as an independent recruiter to pay them $2000 / mo. That is a HUGE expense. I asked several times for information in writing on how I am to be billed. I wanted to exactly how it works. I got a very generic email that explained little. I told him if they could promise me the volume it may be worth it.Promised the applicant quality will be better too or I won't have many applicants that do not qualify for a position. Within 2 days my account billing jumped from $87 to $497. Are you kidding me? I was only able to do 10 postings at a time "because my costs would get out of hand". LOL! IT ALREADY DID in 2 days. I only got 29 application. I called my rep and was furious. I was told it was because their system crashed and they will fix it. But I have to pay the current bill and they will credit me $200 on the next billing cycle. The short story is this... They back NOTHING up in writing so you are easily scammed in to erroneous billing for little response and poor application quality. So why should I pay them? I was completely misled and I am disgusted! VERY unhappy. Bad business. Maybe Indeed needs to start rethinking longer term rather than get their money now! You can make consistent money by paid monthly memberships by employers & recruiters. Or rethink the whole organic postings and stop being greedy! There has to be a better way to make money and improve your customer satisfaction to retain your customers. Your CPM model is a scam! I didn't appreciate the misleading sales pitch.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy into it until they can fully explain in detail how you will be charged and back their numbers up in writing. Who knows if they are making it all up. All I know is your bill will be less than $100 for 5 days of use and up near $500 in less than 48 hrs.

alexw84
6/17/16

I had a problem with my account being disabled after I first created it. I tried to contact support through the website, but heard nothing, so I decided to try Facebook. I got a reply within 15 minutes and they were very helpful and explained what the problem was. They had to escalate the issue, but surprisingly withing a couple hours everything was fixed and back up. Bit of a slow start but ended up winning the race.

Tip for consumers: Beware - expensive ads

amya52
6/9/16

I used indeed twice to find candidates for 3 different positions and both times I did not fulfill the position through indeed. I gave 2 starts because it's not a complete waste of time. Honestly you will get a lot of resumes but I will say a lot of them are not qualified resumes. I understand that indeed is not directly responsible for who applies for jobs but as an employer paying for every single click (overpriced clicks at that), I was very unhappy with how much I was charged at the end of this month.
I do not mind paying for quality resumes but I even emailed a so-called Senior Account Executive with some of the resumes I was was receiving complaining about the amount I was paying and the type of resumes I was receiving. Her response was that I was using a "self serve" option and that had I returned her calls before I was billed, she could have helped me get more quality leads. That if I had indeed manage my postings, this would not have happened.
Frankly, my email was not a nice email but it was not nasty either. It was an email written by an indeed user that was shocked at the amount being paid vs the quality of what I was paying for.
Again if I had received a better response than what I got from an account manager, I may have continued using indeed but after receiving an email pretty much stating that it's my fault and that the self-managed option doesn't work well... I think I'll move on: "The self serve option does not work very well because the jobs hit their budgets very quickly (when the $20 hits=20 clicks) and does not necessarily mean an apply. Again, this is something we could have helped with as you answered me calls before but I understand you were tied up."

No doubt you will get a lot of resumes but I can't say they're quality and the type of response I got from my inquiry was nothing short of a turn-off.

christyh30
6/3/16

I have used indeed to hire 4 separate positions in my company over the past 8 months. Their pricing is up front if you want to be sponsored - monthly or daily budgets - and I receive quality applicants along with people who aren't qualified. I have posted free and sponsored ads, with success from both, but more so the sponsored. I did sponsor the free ad after 3 weeks of no success, but that didn't help, I didn't receive many but the ones I did receive I was able to make a hire. We understand it is not Indeed's fault if we get under qualified people answering our ads, many people take a chance and apply for jobs they want without the experience needed. I have never received spam mail from Indeed and I have been with them for 6 years. My sponsor ship has always been fair in price - you have to know when to pause it if your budget is getting too high or you hired someone. We are in control of our account and honestly I believe the people with a negative review simply don't know how to manage their account or they don't understand fully what they signed up for. I have had so many good applicants for the jobs I posted I had to pause them after a few days just so I could have time to read through the resumes and phone screen.
I like Indeed and I highly recommend it to any employer looking to hire.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you understand the sponsorship before you sign up. Make sure your ad is more than 50 words and detailed so you get more applicants. The more you explain what you want and expect in your new hire, the better response you will have. Also give a little detail to who you are. People are very cautious online these days - you must be a little transparent. Good Luck!!

chriss405
6/2/16

Posted a job.Wanted to give Indeed a try. My post got budgeted for $15. It turned into $15 A DAY! My CC was billed for $500 per month for 3 months until my AP people flagged it. Zero Qualified Candidates. Most had no business "applying" for the technical job.

I spoke with their "Help Desk" and was offered $100 in free clicks. Insulting considering they bilked me for $2,000

Watch out!

brooker13
6/1/16

I posted a job as an employer and 2 days later the job was taken down any my account was disabled - completely out of the blue!! How am I supposed to rely on Indeed to help me find a person for a time sensitive position if I can't trust that my posting will remain live! Who knows how many days they've cost me in my search.

jenniferk93
5/27/16

Barely used this and charged my company 220.41 and I think we got like total of 10 resumes and interviewed 3. Way overpriced. Nowhere to file a complaint looked everywhere for a phone number or email all they have is this 1-800 number that useless. My boss is very angry at me for using this company and the cost. Will not use again.

judys75
5/19/16

Spent a ton of money with zero qualified employees. Called when I realized how much I was being billed...Don't waste your money or time! Wish I had checked this site first!!

shelinar
5/17/16

This is the worse company I have dealt with. I lodged a complaint with Mark (will not put surname in). About his rudeness and total disregard for customers. They let you advertise freely and then switch you off!! I would have been happy to pay to advertise if Mark had not been so aggressive and made it out as if me giving him money was him doing me a favour!!
I emailed Mark several times to ask why my complaint had not been investigated or me not being provided with the details of his line manager and guess what no response.
Don't bother wasting your money as applicants we get from Indeed a mainly the same as the ones from the job centre site which is free.

steveb186
5/13/16

Advertised with Indeed constantly for over 2 years many months paying £500+ to receive lots of time wasters and totally unsuitable applicants. Advert was suddenly suspended on Monday with not so much as an email or phone call. Apparently their search quality team had received a complaint from an anonymous person with totally false and slanderous allegations. After amending an advert that had been used satisfactorily and without complaint for 2 years they have this morning emailed me to say our account is now permanently closed. So as an employer I would advise anyone thinking of using Indeed to steer well clear, they obviously do not like their customers if they do not even have the courtesy of speaking to me directly about a "complaint" and believing an anonymous person. In the meantime I have over 70 applicants I have invited for an interview and have not the faintest idea if they have received their email, although Indeed have still charged me for this!! EMPLOYERS BEWARE INDEED ARE A TOTALLY UNETHICAL COMPANY.

richards230
5/8/16

For the month of April we received 50 responses at a cost of $500 dollars. After contacting these people not one ever called or came to an interview. If your looking for help try Craigslist. You will most likely have a much better response. They also have no explanation any where on there website as to why it cost so much.

shishirs1
5/7/16

My ID blocked and I cannot afford sponsoring jobs because we are very small company and we recruit oversees. If indeed not blocked my ID help me to grow then I will definitely in future sponsor my jobs by earning some money oversees.

joelm69
5/4/16

Total rip, spent several hundred dollars on 2 jobs. Not a single applicant had any experience in either job (or even any similar job) despite my posting that experience was required. For some reason, I don't think that Truck driver, customer service rep, assistant pastor, or janitor qualifies someone to operate a waterjet or be a screen printer

128 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

107 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Indeed staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5 days ago
Answer
doritb
A: Hi Charles, thank you for reaching out! When employers sign up, we allocate 100 free Resume contacts. Once this has been exhausted, it is then $1.00 per Resume contact moving forward. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via sitejabber@indeed.com. Thank you.
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
6 days ago
Answer
doritb
A: Hi Charles, we're currently experiencing issues where Verizon is not accepting Indeed emails, which we're working to resolve. In the meantime, we recommend creating a Gmail account and updating your email address so that you continue to receive emails from Indeed. We're very sorry for this inconvenience and are doing what we can to get this fixed with Verizon's cooperation. Thank you.
5 days ago