Review of Indeed

sitejabber@indeed.com
Post a Job on Indeed

roberts636
7/19/17

I think the name of the review says it all. We receiced resumes with nothing relevant to the job discription even though the applicats ticked off the correct responses. I feel like it's a scam and they just forward resumes so the purchaser will feel they are getting thier monies worth. Said and done, a waste of time, energy and money.

toml146
7/19/17

I have set up multiple interviews with people on indeed for a construction related job.
1 out of 5 people showed up. And none of the no shows even bothered to call and say " Can't make it " or whatever. Total waste of my time and money.
If you are going to respond to a job posting have the courtesy to say you are not going to show up and don't waste employers time. If you respond to an employers posting be prepared to go to work that is why we put up help wanted ads! Because we need people who are able and willing and interested in work.

nathanr51
7/17/17

I registered for an account this morning on Indeed for my new business and posted for my first job ... was pretty excited about the whole process and that Indeed was the greatest thing since sliced bread. That was until my account was disabled 30 minutes later? I don't know if I could have posted a more straight-forward job so I don't know what happened? I wish Indeed would at least let you know what you did wrong so you can fix it.. Frustrated I wasted my morning.

muhammadh25
7/17/17

Account was Disabled without any valid reason or warning. Place job ad to indeed for import export assitant. our account was disabled and it won't even allow us to make contact with those who wanted to join our team. I read the terms and conditions for the site and for what I can see there is nothing in statement that disqualifies our company from posting. To any of our users who wanted to sign up we sincerely apologize. We will post on other job sites so please continue to look for us and support our business. Wish I had read the reviews for indeed before posting. A immense amount of time went into creating the account and posting jobs
Buyer beware. Not sure who this site is meant for but our company will never seek to use this site again. FYI: We did challenge the decision and asked for a review. No additional information was given, and they would not reactivate the account. Do not use this site if you plan to post for free. Im sure they don't treat the user who pay like this.

ruchirs
7/17/17

Indeed not provide me promise service after that i request to refund the payment but company only give me wrong commitment from last 5 month.

lindak143
7/11/17

I have been paying for applicants for several months now. Yesterday I received one that I already knew. I called her to see if she was looking for a job and she told me she had sent her resume a long time ago. No, she was not looking. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any responses. Now I know. There is no Customer Service number to call them directly. I sent an email thru their site only to get an error message that there was a problem with their system. Sure is!!

veryu4
7/10/17

Not sure what the point is on applying for jobs on Indeed. I have archived just about every job because my resume is never even viewed. "Applied 22 days ago" "Applied 16 days ago". Companies post jobs but never utilize the sight. I don't get it. I not going to use Indeed. It's a joke.

geogian
7/5/17

My account has also been suspended for no reason at all. I searched for candidates and wanted to send emails through and received the message that my account has been suspended.

julies185
6/27/17

So since we can't put a job ad in the newspaper anymore, I decided to use indeed. I have been thrilled with the great customer service my contact person at indeed has provided. I am very tough to please.
Christine is my new best friend. It can be difficult to find good candidates and the service Christine and indeed has provided me, as a small biz owner, has been superb.

erikw18
6/26/17

So, like most people, Indeed has proven to be an absolute horrible, greedy company. I have used them for YEARS. I post for several jobs that include customer service reps, sales, call center reps, admins, and retail reps. We are a marketing company so are usually hiring consistently. I followed every single rule and guideline they have. I make sure to be specific in all my postings and create new ads for each position we need filled. I had ONE ad be suspended and when I called in to inquire about it the rep on the phone treated me like I was the worst human ever and was doing all sorts of illegal work. He laughed under his breath as I told him about my company and I had a feeling this was going to conflict with my other ads. Sure enough, about a day later I get notified that my whole account has been suspended. Like most people, I called in to find out what happened and they gave me the run around and told me that they couldn't tell me why even though I told them that I read all their guidelines to make sure we weren't breaking any rules. They stated that they never reviewed my account before even though I have called about issues with ads before and had them reviewed with no problem.

Let's see here, why would they all of a sudden suspend my account???? OH, I know! It's because for the last several years I have given them money and "sponsored" my ads. The last 6 months, business has been slow and we have had to cut down on expenses during the slow season. Is it a coincidence that once I STOPPED paying Indeed, they decided to "review" and disable my account??? I'm not an idiot, I know when a company values dollars over its customers. My business is based off bringing in quality representatives and indeed has not only hurt my business, but mocked me along the way. Horrible company.

Tip for consumers: Run far far away

sharonr110
6/26/17

not really an issue but I honestly think you need to re-word what I am guessing is your drop down boxes for potential employers. I have just logged onto my indeed account and I was looking for an application I made recently as I wanted to add some notes. Glanced down the page and there was a red message beside a position I applied for previously and it said employer not interested, to be honest I think that is a bit harsh

michellec228
6/21/17

I tried posting an ad. I have two full time positions open. I was hesitant but I sent personal information that could be used by someone to steal my identity! What is wrong with this company?

ls145
6/13/17

I placed a review here (like many others) and (like ALL others) it took doing so, to get Indeed to take action and actually respond. Unfortunately, unlike ALL others, Indeed is still is denying my ability to post basic simple job ads on their site. I have been in this industry for more than 20 years; I was a 7th Grade English Teacher, a High School Baseball Coach, and taught night school at a Medical Training College in Baton Rouge (I ONLY mention those things so that anyone reading this doesn't assume that maybe I'm some idiot, who doesn't know how to post a job ad). I own a very successful Communications Company and have used Indeed for years to hire for all positions (Sales, Mgmt, Clerical, Technical, etc). I have never had a problem before now. I asked about that, and was told that my "account" had never been reviewed before. That's interesting. B/c I post the SAME "ads" every time. In fact, all I do is "reopen" the ads that I closed at the end of the previous recruitng-effort. So--evidently--it's not the ads; it's my account. So, what could that mean? Well...I can't say for SURE, b/c after repeated requests for Indeed to PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE ADS OR ACCOUNT SO I CAN FIX IT.......nope....nothing (no answer). They WILL NOT answer the question. They simply keep saying, "We cannot give the reasons for every account that we disable." Really? Ok, well, I guess that could be true except this is the FIFTH email you've sat down to write me, about this same issue. So although you may not "have time" to give the reason why you BAN a company from using your site, you sure are taking the time to TYPE THE WORDS "We cannot give the reasons for every account that we....." .....I didn't even finish that sentence; you know why? B/c just the first half of that sentence took as long as it would take to LIST THE REASON(S) WHY you are disabling my account. Therefore, since I know (and every intelligent person reading this knows) that it is ludicrous for Indeed to REFUSE to tell me WHY they are disabling my account, AND since it's obviously not the ads that are the problem (why would an ad for an Office Worker be "controversial?" And since I was told that it was the review of my "account" that caused the flag....what is unique about MY account?). Is it that I am a company that installs Alarm Systems and Satellite TV and sells internet for AT&T? Nah...that's ridiculous. So what could it be?

***And don't respond here with your "We're so sorry about your experience, we have sent you a private message." Respond where people can see your response!

**************
EVERYONE
***************

Good luck to anyone reading this (either job-seeker or Employer). I hope you find success.

ericks31
6/11/17

UPDATE 06/12// Indeed's team was able to check on this for us and the suspension has been lifted, it was prompt and amazing customer service. Very happy now!
Original Review: We have been using indeed in my office since I started and it's going on 2 and a half years now, without a single problem. And now out of nowhere the account is suspended from contacting resumes and my job literally depends on this. They won't even tell me what was done wrong so it could have been fixed. This is pretty upsetting.

williamk125
6/10/17

On only my second job post I was suspended. I thought little of it. I am new. I probably used a wrong word or something. I answered their questionnaire and assumed all would be OK. It was not. The response I received was that the final decision was a full suspension. The email said that they did not and would not provide me a rationale. For goodness sake, I am new. If I did something wrong, kindly counsel me and move on. I was using the free side of Indeed.com. I bet if I was using the pay per click this would not have happened. Very, very disappointing.

jedakiahr
6/3/17

I've tried several job boards and this was the most expensive, and we spent the most money on it that got 3 unqualified applicants across 10 job postings.

bethr57
6/1/17
• Updated review

After leaving a review here, we were contacted by Indeed and after a few emails back and forth they were able to send our case to review and the block was lifted. I still have no idea why it happened in the first place but we are very grateful to be able to contact possible hires again. Thanks!

“Unexpectedly suspended at worst time”
5/30/17
• Previous review

Our office has been using Indeed for over 2 years and we are currently hiring for 4 different positions. In fact, I recently sent out about 15 different emails of interest in to people who had posted their resumes through Indeed and went back Friday to send more when I found out our account has been disabled from contacting individuals on Indeed? An email appeal since I have no idea why this happened ended up with the same reply that others have received- that they won't lift the suspension (?!??) and no further appeals will be considered or responded to.

I have worked on hiring at this office for the better part of a decade and never encountered anything like this? We hired our last Physician Assistant (we are a small primary care medical practice) thanks to Indeed but I guess we can't use them anymore as there is no real way to contact them except through email which we've already tried. I'm at a real loss, always like Indeed until now and as we are really in a hiring crunch and the complete lack of explanation or warning of this suspension has left us stunned. I've got 4 positions to fill and no time to waste so I guess it's time to try other services?

In conclusion, Indeed is great until it's not and you'll never know when that will be.

jaredg12
5/31/17

So I finished up with college and applied for a job with a company. The next day I got five calls from ; credit card, warranty, IRS, "Student Loads", won a $750,000, and arrest warrant scam. I even had someone call me telling me someone used my phone number and told them that they owe me money. I don't know what kind of crap you guys are pulling but I dont recommend using this site. I haven't given out my phone number to any third parties til now. I used to use google voice for other stuff if I was unsure, but this is just bad. Next time I see a posting I will talk to the company directly instead of using this crap...

toneeed
5/31/17

Indeed is an amazing service for employers. The simplicity of its interface is brilliant, but don't let that full you; Indeed has integrated helpful features to help employers really find good talent.

The absolute most useful feature is the automated phone screening. Much of our staff telecommute and work outside of traditional business hours. The automated phone screening allows my HR personnel to listen to responses anytime, making it an invaluable convenience. The four questions work for virtually any job position and requests are simple to dispatch and retrieve. Indeed's reliability is appreciated since it is an integral part of our screening process.

The second most useful feature provided by Indeed is email template capabilities. While there is a small learning curve in terms of how to save and overwrite templates, it boosts efficiency several times over. We have several templates that request candidates to clarify certain information, remind them to complete tasks such as the phone screening and more. Indeed even tracks conversations and allow direct threaded replies. This allows our personnel to continue the conversation across shifts because one staff member can simply review the entire conversation- something email cannot do without sharing an inbox.

Indeed has been invaluable to the success of our new pilot program, called the Virtual Contact Center, an initiative designed to help more Americans answer the phones from home for our Fortune 500 clients. So far we have been able to review over 1,000 interested candidates, although we only have 40 part-time positions available. Indeed has been our single solution for talent acquisition and has proven itself as indispensable to our recruitment process. We recommend Indeed to any employer looking for a solution to find and manage great talent!

Tip for consumers: As an employer, leverage the automated phone screening option and set up a few email templates to expedite the recruiting process.

ryank56
5/30/17

My account got suspended with no explanation given. I paid for every candidates' resume that I reached out to and followed appropriate guidelines. Customer service representative told me to complete the form online to go through review process. Spending time on this form being very detailed, I get a response stating that my account will stay suspended with no explanation nor do they need to give one. That is not what I call good customer service. Feel as if you are paying to use their service the least they could do is give you an explanation on what you 'did wrong.'
_____________________________________________________
Update: After a few emails and another submission for repeal they did reactivate my account. I still received a 'canned' response of their guidelines without stating what I specifically did to get deactivated, but I am hoping for the best as I never had any issues with their service in the past.

alexn68
5/24/17

I posted a job listing for an English Language teacher and Indeed refused to post the job because I required the applications speak English for an English Language teacher position!
Indeed did not notify us that the job posting has an issue! I had to personally call and find out what was wrong. We have used the same job description and requirements for the past two years.
Since Indeed charges per applicant it is a waste of time and money to have someone apply that does not meet the minimum qualification. In the past we have had numerous applicants that did not meet the minimum qualifications, so we set up questions to make sure we are receiving the right candidates. Indeed still lets people submit their resumes if they are not qualified for the position wasting the time of the applicant and the employer.

Tip for consumers: After consulting with our hiring board, we amended our job ad to meet Indeed's Terms of Service. As of 5/30/2017 our account was suspended by Indeed. However, our job posting is still live and based on what other users on this site are saying Indeed is still charging us and accepting applications. What a complete scam!

afsheenc1
5/21/17

My account was disabled and I had sent all relevant scanned documents and spoke to an advisor he was very helpful . My account was reopened but after a while disabled again. Can someone please help me im loosing out on buisness :(

elizabethr123
5/17/17

I want to thank indeed. At first I thought it was like all the other apps I've tried. all I ever got was what jobs they had and how many applied but never got a response back from any employer. Funny thing is I had a account with indeed for over a year kept ignoring it since I had issues with all the others I figured it would be the same. Well I was wrong bored one day and stress because I had quit my job two weeks back i got on started searchingfor job hit the apply with resume and wala!! Lol it was done for me it was to easy I didn't think it would work. But it does truly work I got 4 interviews and landed a job woo-hoo I am so thankful that I had my children sign up and now my daughter has a few interviews set up. So people believe that indeed jobs can help find you a good job in any field. So go for it!! You won't regret it. :)

balac
5/16/17

Writing a follow up...
I have been given a workaround solution to try and my issue was handled promptly by Indeed. So I am going to give it a try and see how it goes.

Hello,
I have been using Indeed for a while now (>1 year). The resumes I get are 95% from third party candidates with a questionable work experience. I clearly mention in my every job posting that it's for direct candidates only but still couldn't control the spam or irrelevant applications I am getting (plus being charged if you sponsor) and Indeed is doing nothing about this after repeated complaints. They want to send me those applications/candidates to take a look. But unfortunately there are ten's if not hundred's of those for each one of my job posting and am not interested to dispute each one of them and get in to email conversation which can be monotonous.

It's becoming a big headache and concerns me about the morality of the applicants.

I more than wish that something can be done here to make recruiters work more productive or at least make their life easy.

Thank you!!

frederickw14
5/8/17

I recently reviewed a former employer. My review never showed upon their site. I had heard that the HR manager from said employer was on the phone with INDEED trying to find out how to remove bad reviews. Apparently he figured it out.

260 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hello Anita, positions posted for free stay on Indeed for a total of 120 days. Sponsored positions can stay on the site until an employer has filled the job and closed it on Indeed.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 2/27/16
Helpful answer

Hi Sarah, we're sorry you haven't heard back from employers when submitting your resume on Indeed. We'd be happy to assist you here in reviewing your resume and offering suggestions for applying to jobs on the site. Please email us at sitejabber@indeed.com with a link to your Indeed Resume or document so that we can review. Thank you.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 3/8/16
Helpful answer

By NO MEANS should you pursue this so-called job offer further and in fact, you should report them to the Better Business Bureau.

By Dorothy L. on 7/25/15
Helpful answer

Hello Gerard, sorry for the negative experience. Indeed recently augmented existing search quality programs with new, ongoing strategies to make sure all jobs on Indeed meet standards for quality. This effort included a large scale review of job listings. Jobs that violated our guidelines and companies that did not meet our quality standards were disabled. We apologize that this was a frustrating process for you and will provide this feedback to our Search Quality team for future improvements.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 2/22/16
Helpful answer

Hi Dana, we'd like to investigate this further. Can you please email us with your Indeed account email address as well as forward any information sent to you by these two individuals to sitejabber@indeed.com? Thank you.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 12/21/15
Helpful answer

Have you checked out www.BrightCandidate.com? The site is about to launch. They actually listen to employees concerns, needs and wants and try to make the hiring process smooth, and even give back a huge percentage of the hiring bonus to the employee. Win win for both. It's started by two software engineers that were not happy with the current recruiting process. It's worth checking out.

By April N. on 4/28/15
Helpful answer

Hi Om, please refer to the private message we have sent to you for further assistance.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 2/21/17
Helpful answer

Hi Robyn, apologies for the poor communication here. Please send us on your Indeed account email address via email to sitejabber@indeed.com so we can check this out for you. Thank you!

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 9/12/16
Helpful answer

Hello Cindy, we would be happy to provide you with more information. Please contact us at sitejabber@indeed.com and provide your company information so that we can assist. Thank you.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 6/22/16
Helpful answer

Hi Jigyasa, we would be happy to look into this for you. Please email us directly at sitejabber@indeed.com with your Indeed account email address so we can assist.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 4/4/16
Questions? Get answers from the Indeed staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Indeed