Review of Indeed

2017 Customer choice award
Post a Job on Indeed

df150
9/21/17

Indeed.com sells you on being able to sponsor or not sponsor your ad - your choice -they say. What they don't tell you is if you decline sponsorship they will automatically "disable" your account and remove your post with an email stating: "Your post does not meet Indeed's quality standards." when the exact same ad previously did. They BAIT you with this selling point to get you to go to all the trouble of setting up an account with them and creating an ad - then they SWITCH it hoping you will now pay them sponsorship to put your ad back up - TOTAL SCAMMING WEBSITE

billk99
9/15/17

I have had very good success with Indeed for the past couple of years, however, they have now blocked my account and will not reinstate it. On average I pay them over $150 per month and feel completely ripped off at this point because they took my money for the past couple of years but now I'm not good enough to do business with.

I was contacted by their dispute team yesterday who questioned why my computer was saying that I was in one place and I was claiming to be in another. I explained that it is a corporate computer that was programmed at our home office location but that I do all hiring at my location. They then requested a utility bill with the office address on it, which I supplied. I also supplied them with a link to the corporate website showing my location as well as other documents supporting my "claim". I received another rejection this morning.

I am giving them 2 stars based on the fact that they provide a good service when they feel like you are "legitimate", which we are. (I've now changed that to 1 star since they made me jump through hoops like a trained seal and waste my time and efforts.)

UPDATE: INDEED did, in fact, contact me and basically said, "your ad does not meet our guidelines" and that they don't share the criteria that are used to form that decision. I would like a partial refund for the money I have spent with Indeed. I paid in good faith and should have been told when I first started advertising that we did not meet "guidelines".

deepaky2
9/14/17

We are a recruitment agency, and focused on one particular segment. Recently Indeed deactivated all are free postings, and are asking for sponsorship. When I contacted Indeed, they shared their terms where Indeed can choose to stop any free adv. for anyone and ask them for sponsorship. They did this without specifying the reasons to stop free adv... I went through their document and there is no where it is mentioned about the limitations of free adv. available from Indeed. There are other agencies who continue to adv. on Indeed for Free.. In my view this is discriminatory and is a way for Indeed to arm twist companies to go for sponsored adv. I believe Indeed should have a common and a fair policy for everyone who is associated with them. I've raised the same with them, and am waiting for a response from them.

eskm
9/13/17
• Updated review

Throughout my entire career using various online job-hunting outlets, I have never had so many phantom candidates, including - invalid or disconnected phone numbers, no one ever answers the phone, no email responses, many no shows, many literally few minutes before interviewing got another job offers.

I posted two different ones, one with higher skills set, an instructor, while another one is office clerk.

Take the office clerk, I did get "many" candidates. Not many actually have met minimum qualification. Some even lived almost an hour away. So, only a small handful are worth to contact. However, I can accept that as a norm for general office clerk position. What I find it hard to accept is the "phantom" ones, i.e. I called.. phone number is no longer in service, not just gave ringing. And, what is even more interesting is that they all have only email address with indeed.com as the domains, no alternative emails. What a coincidence. Some did not even reply to my email.

Now, let's go further. We contacted about 5 to 7 and setup 3 interviews as they were the only ones responded. But then, at the end, NONE showed up. One called just right before the interview to tell us she just got a job offer. Interesting.

Another one . a robotics instructor role. I have terminated the robotics instructor one a couple of weeks back. I paid $350/monthly as it advised that i would get 55+ candidates. Well, I understand no one can guarantee that. However, if they advertise a much higher fee for N candidates, it is indeed.com duty to have done at least some researches, or some work to search resumes, contact, etc. to find a number of candidate to match up. Honestly, I do not expect close to 55, but I got only 1!!! That's is totally unacceptable. Ok.. I canceled. indeed.com sales personnel extended it for another 30 days for free. So, there should not be any charges. (I still need to go to my Amex to check. Thank goodness that Amex has a good dispute departement if I need to come down to a dispute.) Ok.. while I do not hold faith there will be any changes, since it was free, I said ok.

Well, the only thing I expect is simply some true honest work from indeed.com to show me they what should justify the $350 vs just not paying anything.

Well, on the very day when they extended the offer, I got one candidate. Humm... I then eagerly looked at the resume. Again, the phone number is no longer in service. I emailed .. well, no response either. Well. I had enough of these.

Well, that is it. Above is simple fact about my one last experience with indeed.com; and I do feel obligated to share this with readers. I had same experience about 1 year ago. I thought I would do it this year again and thought it might change. Well, I think I have to say to myself. "you fool me once, shame on you", "fool me twice, shame on me." O well. Shame on me.

“Decided to stop posting...”
12/16/15
• Previous review

1st review back in 2015: A positive one, 4 stars : Title of Review: "common job good result" : I just posted a office clerk job. Good number of people applies. This is very different result from the instructor job that I have posted. I guess it is probably the fact that office clerk job does not much requirement. The job said "you must be detailed oriented", but no where in the resume or coverletter even mention anything being detailed oriented. One can never stop people sending our resume when they do not meet requirement. It is not the site's fault, it is the candidate's. .

I would like to see a site which offers "checkable" filter fields, ie. say employer has 5 "checked - MUST" fields as the MUST criteria. If the candidates did not check these fields, they will not be able to submit a resume thru the indeed.com. Just a suggestion to indeed.com or any other employment sites.
=============
Ever since then, the customer service was very responsive. They even called my office directly to provide help.

Therefore, I continued.
============
Last experience has been nothing but extremely bad..

Back in Sept, I posted office clerical job. I got overwhelming number of applicants. Well, good sign, right? I then filtered out to 7 of them. My assistant called each one of them and set up an interview, 6 of them never showed up, no phone call back either. When we emailed them, almost all said they got an offer "right before" the interview. The same answer! What's the chance of this!? Throughout my over 30 years of working in industries, I have NEVER had such experience. 1 or 2 , maybe.. 5 of these had the same answer!

When I posted response to the customer support, the customer service again called my office directly to offer some somewhere like $200 sponsorship to job posting.

Uhmm... I am not sure if I want to do this.. Now, 1st of all, I cannot "definitively" blame on the Indeed, as I did not go into investigating it. I guess I could have checked whether the phone number is a google generated number to start out . I don't have time to do this. Because of that, I'll drop the # of stars to 3 instead of 1.
====
My suggestion to the indeed.com, if it is truly an honest entity, it should add in ethical/professional clauses to the job seekers to minimize this from happening. Until then, I am not posting another job at indeed.com. Also, I think this site would work only if you are paid sponsors.

brandonc66
9/9/17

posted a job on 6/17/2017 expecting a cost per click of $.50-$1.25 since those were their advertised averages.
On 7/24/17 I reviewed the bill and saw I was getting charged a lot more than that. $3.80 per click on average.
I had a good exchange on IM with a rep that said that they wouldd permanently cap the "overbilling" and make the cost per click permanently lower in the range I was expecting.
I reviewed the billing again on 9/6/17, and not only did the cost per click not go down, it actually went up!!
After making a good faith effort to resolve the billing issue, they confusingly stated they could not give me a refund for the over billing and would only offer a credit against future clicks. that wasn't acceptable since I hadn't had any qualified applicants so far and wanted to close the ad.

I spoke with a rep and their manager and couldn't get a refund despite being 100% indisputably correct. I had even saved a copy of the IM exchange so that I could prove my story true if needed.

Now, I will be forced to dispute the charge with my credit card company and face possible legal and collection issues because of THEIR dishonesty and unfair business practices.

alani18
8/29/17

It would be helpful to give a brief explanation in the first paragraph of what the company does. Otherwise, I need to search the Internet.

mayurp3
8/21/17

I was shocked to see why my job posting ability is been disabled. I created an account on Indeed as I have many open positions to close. They have or mentioned any reason for that which is more annoying.

lynnh77
8/16/17

**UPDATE** Indeed has contacted me and my account has been reinstated. They got back to me in a timely fashion and then even called me to follow up that everything was working properly. I have to say it was a great experience once I got to speak with them.

patrickh106
8/11/17

I just signed up and started posting jobs on indeed, shortly afterwards I received notification that my account was suddenly disabled. I appealed the decision and provided the proper supporting documentation: Business Number and Incorporating documents, to prove who I am and where I'm located, but it didn't seem to do anything and my account was not reinstated. They disabled my account without telling me why or even if I have another chance .

marlinam
8/9/17

My account has also been suspended for no reason at all. I searched for candidates and wanted to send emails through and received the message that my account has been suspended.

russells56
8/6/17

Ripoff pricing and sleazy salespeople with awful customer service to boot. They charged me thousand of dollars for ads that got a better response at a nominal cost from Craigslist. Indeed is not long for this scene with their unique combo of poor service and support.

jimc226
7/27/17

I am pretty sure that the whole thing is a scam. Every single Indeed potential employee that has contacted me through email has not shown up for the interview that they have scheduled. I can see that happening once or twice but 8 times in arrow?! I also noticed they all have Gmail address. Funny thing is I am out the fees they charge and my time wasted waiting for no one to show up. If this is not there scam they what can do to screen these people better

ruchirs
7/17/17

Indeed not provide me promise service after that i request to refund the payment but company only give me wrong commitment from last 5 month.

lindak143
7/11/17

Scheduled several interviews. None showed up. Scam??? I can't seem to get this to post without at least 100nchsracters. Dom't need that many. Obvious scam to get your money

Tip for consumers: Don't

veryu4
7/10/17

Not sure what the point is on applying for jobs on Indeed. I have archived just about every job because my resume is never even viewed. "Applied 22 days ago" "Applied 16 days ago". Companies post jobs but never utilize the sight. I don't get it. I not going to use Indeed. It's a joke.

geogian
7/5/17

julies185
6/27/17

So since we can't put a job ad in the newspaper anymore, I decided to use indeed. I have been thrilled with the great customer service my contact person at indeed has provided. I am very tough to please.
Christine is my new best friend. It can be difficult to find good candidates and the service Christine and indeed has provided me, as a small biz owner, has been superb.

erikw18
6/26/17

So, like most people, Indeed has proven to be an absolute horrible, greedy company. I have used them for YEARS. I post for several jobs that include customer service reps, sales, call center reps, admins, and retail reps. We are a marketing company so are usually hiring consistently. I followed every single rule and guideline they have. I make sure to be specific in all my postings and create new ads for each position we need filled. I had ONE ad be suspended and when I called in to inquire about it the rep on the phone treated me like I was the worst human ever and was doing all sorts of illegal work. He laughed under his breath as I told him about my company and I had a feeling this was going to conflict with my other ads. Sure enough, about a day later I get notified that my whole account has been suspended. Like most people, I called in to find out what happened and they gave me the run around and told me that they couldn't tell me why even though I told them that I read all their guidelines to make sure we weren't breaking any rules. They stated that they never reviewed my account before even though I have called about issues with ads before and had them reviewed with no problem.

Let's see here, why would they all of a sudden suspend my account???? OH, I know! It's because for the last several years I have given them money and "sponsored" my ads. The last 6 months, business has been slow and we have had to cut down on expenses during the slow season. Is it a coincidence that once I STOPPED paying Indeed, they decided to "review" and disable my account??? I'm not an idiot, I know when a company values dollars over its customers. My business is based off bringing in quality representatives and indeed has not only hurt my business, but mocked me along the way. Horrible company.

Tip for consumers: Run far far away

sharonr110
6/26/17

not really an issue but I honestly think you need to re-word what I am guessing is your drop down boxes for potential employers. I have just logged onto my indeed account and I was looking for an application I made recently as I wanted to add some notes. Glanced down the page and there was a red message beside a position I applied for previously and it said employer not interested, to be honest I think that is a bit harsh

michellec228
6/21/17

I tried posting an ad. I have two full time positions open. I was hesitant but I sent personal information that could be used by someone to steal my identity! What is wrong with this company?

ls145
6/13/17

I placed a review here (like many others) and (like ALL others) it took doing so, to get Indeed to take action and actually respond. Unfortunately, unlike ALL others, Indeed is still is denying my ability to post basic simple job ads on their site. I have been in this industry for more than 20 years; I was a 7th Grade English Teacher, a High School Baseball Coach, and taught night school at a Medical Training College in Baton Rouge (I ONLY mention those things so that anyone reading this doesn't assume that maybe I'm some idiot, who doesn't know how to post a job ad). I own a very successful Communications Company and have used Indeed for years to hire for all positions (Sales, Mgmt, Clerical, Technical, etc). I have never had a problem before now. I asked about that, and was told that my "account" had never been reviewed before. That's interesting. B/c I post the SAME "ads" every time. In fact, all I do is "reopen" the ads that I closed at the end of the previous recruitng-effort. So--evidently--it's not the ads; it's my account. So, what could that mean? Well...I can't say for SURE, b/c after repeated requests for Indeed to PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE ADS OR ACCOUNT SO I CAN FIX IT.......nope....nothing (no answer). They WILL NOT answer the question. They simply keep saying, "We cannot give the reasons for every account that we disable." Really? Ok, well, I guess that could be true except this is the FIFTH email you've sat down to write me, about this same issue. So although you may not "have time" to give the reason why you BAN a company from using your site, you sure are taking the time to TYPE THE WORDS "We cannot give the reasons for every account that we....." .....I didn't even finish that sentence; you know why? B/c just the first half of that sentence took as long as it would take to LIST THE REASON(S) WHY you are disabling my account. Therefore, since I know (and every intelligent person reading this knows) that it is ludicrous for Indeed to REFUSE to tell me WHY they are disabling my account, AND since it's obviously not the ads that are the problem (why would an ad for an Office Worker be "controversial?" And since I was told that it was the review of my "account" that caused the flag....what is unique about MY account?). Is it that I am a company that installs Alarm Systems and Satellite TV and sells internet for AT&T? Nah...that's ridiculous. So what could it be?

***And don't respond here with your "We're so sorry about your experience, we have sent you a private message." Respond where people can see your response!

**************
EVERYONE
***************

Good luck to anyone reading this (either job-seeker or Employer). I hope you find success.

ericks31
6/11/17

UPDATE 06/12// Indeed's team was able to check on this for us and the suspension has been lifted, it was prompt and amazing customer service. Very happy now!
Original Review: We have been using indeed in my office since I started and it's going on 2 and a half years now, without a single problem. And now out of nowhere the account is suspended from contacting resumes and my job literally depends on this. They won't even tell me what was done wrong so it could have been fixed. This is pretty upsetting.

williamk125
6/10/17

On only my second job post I was suspended. I thought little of it. I am new. I probably used a wrong word or something. I answered their questionnaire and assumed all would be OK. It was not. The response I received was that the final decision was a full suspension. The email said that they did not and would not provide me a rationale. For goodness sake, I am new. If I did something wrong, kindly counsel me and move on. I was using the free side of Indeed.com. I bet if I was using the pay per click this would not have happened. Very, very disappointing.

jedakiahr
6/3/17

I've tried several job boards and this was the most expensive, and we spent the most money on it that got 3 unqualified applicants across 10 job postings.

bethr57
6/1/17
• Updated review

After leaving a review here, we were contacted by Indeed and after a few emails back and forth they were able to send our case to review and the block was lifted. I still have no idea why it happened in the first place but we are very grateful to be able to contact possible hires again. Thanks!

“Unexpectedly suspended at worst time”
5/30/17
• Previous review

Our office has been using Indeed for over 2 years and we are currently hiring for 4 different positions. In fact, I recently sent out about 15 different emails of interest in to people who had posted their resumes through Indeed and went back Friday to send more when I found out our account has been disabled from contacting individuals on Indeed? An email appeal since I have no idea why this happened ended up with the same reply that others have received- that they won't lift the suspension (?!??) and no further appeals will be considered or responded to.

I have worked on hiring at this office for the better part of a decade and never encountered anything like this? We hired our last Physician Assistant (we are a small primary care medical practice) thanks to Indeed but I guess we can't use them anymore as there is no real way to contact them except through email which we've already tried. I'm at a real loss, always like Indeed until now and as we are really in a hiring crunch and the complete lack of explanation or warning of this suspension has left us stunned. I've got 4 positions to fill and no time to waste so I guess it's time to try other services?

In conclusion, Indeed is great until it's not and you'll never know when that will be.

446 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hello Anita, positions posted for free stay on Indeed for a total of 120 days. Sponsored positions can stay on the site until an employer has filled the job and closed it on Indeed.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 2/27/16
Helpful answer

Hi Sarah, we're sorry you haven't heard back from employers when submitting your resume on Indeed. We'd be happy to assist you here in reviewing your resume and offering suggestions for applying to jobs on the site. Please email us at sitejabber@indeed.com with a link to your Indeed Resume or document so that we can review. Thank you.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 3/8/16
Helpful answer

By NO MEANS should you pursue this so-called job offer further and in fact, you should report them to the Better Business Bureau.

By Dorothy L. on 7/25/15
Helpful answer

Hello Gerard, sorry for the negative experience. Indeed recently augmented existing search quality programs with new, ongoing strategies to make sure all jobs on Indeed meet standards for quality. This effort included a large scale review of job listings. Jobs that violated our guidelines and companies that did not meet our quality standards were disabled. We apologize that this was a frustrating process for you and will provide this feedback to our Search Quality team for future improvements.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 2/22/16
Helpful answer

Hi Dana, we'd like to investigate this further. Can you please email us with your Indeed account email address as well as forward any information sent to you by these two individuals to sitejabber@indeed.com? Thank you.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 12/21/15
Helpful answer

Have you checked out www.BrightCandidate.com? The site is about to launch. They actually listen to employees concerns, needs and wants and try to make the hiring process smooth, and even give back a huge percentage of the hiring bonus to the employee. Win win for both. It's started by two software engineers that were not happy with the current recruiting process. It's worth checking out.

By April N. on 4/28/15
Helpful answer

Hi Om, please refer to the private message we have sent to you for further assistance.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 2/21/17
Helpful answer

Hi Robyn, apologies for the poor communication here. Please send us on your Indeed account email address via email to sitejabber@indeed.com so we can check this out for you. Thank you!

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 9/12/16
Helpful answer

Hello Cindy, we would be happy to provide you with more information. Please contact us at sitejabber@indeed.com and provide your company information so that we can assist. Thank you.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 6/22/16
Helpful answer

Hi Jigyasa, we would be happy to look into this for you. Please email us directly at sitejabber@indeed.com with your Indeed account email address so we can assist.

By Indeed-Support S. [Indeed Rep] on 4/4/16
Questions? Get answers from the Indeed staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Indeed