Review of Indeed

2018 Customer choice award
Post a Job on Indeed

ad122
3/1/19
• Updated review

Indeed is no doubt concerned that I am being spammed as a result of my posting. They wanted a list of all emails that have spammed me. I suggested that they hire me as a consultant, to provided that information. Mainly because (1.) I get about 10 spam emails a week....or more for the last 4 weeks. (2.) I do not work for free to help improve their company. (3.) They wanted me to send them that information directly to them @indeed.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi A D., we have responded to your review by private message. We do need the requested information to investigate. We would appreciate you working with us on this.
“Spam generation for applicants”
2/17/19
• Previous review

It would seem that they have ripped off legitimate employers so much in the last couple of years, that now, applicants registered on their site are now sold and spammed into oblivion. Indeed used to be an awesome source a few years ago....now it just overcharges employers, and sells the email accounts of potential employees. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE.....
UPDATE: I don't want to sell insurance (and there is likely NO WAY I can make that much selling insurance)....I don't want a Keto diet, or medical marijuana!!! Seriously, that is the sort of spam email I have gotten "by way" of Indeed as an applicant.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi A D., we are very sorry to hear about your experience while using Indeed. It’s our priority to protect the personal information of our users. We have sent you a private message to further assist.
samanthaw100
2/20/19

It helps finding jobs near your home and they help you find jobs that actually pays well also, they help you find certain jibs you want also

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Samantha! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you ever need assistance with your job search, feel free to contact us directly at sitejabber@indeed.com. We wish you the best of luck!
fuada5
2/12/19

Here is the body of one of the emails sent to them and they continuously responded by computer generated responses.

I have received your email in which you have mentioned the requirements regarding verification of my clinic/company, tax documents, utility bills. You never asked for such verification when I was signing up. You never mentioned any such preconditions while I was signing up. But as I have increased my activity on your website and I am in the middle of reviewing candidates to shortlist them, you have disabled my abilities to continue hiring. I am so much disappointed by your behavior that you don't need any verification at the start. But you disable the functionality of hiring process in the middle. Of course, you are monitoring my activity and breaching my privacy. Do you think you're the only website providing such services and there are no competitors? Do you think that you can make me or my staff dependent on you? What sort of a non-professional behavior this is? There are places on Internet where reviews about indeed.com are written, which would be very helpful for your competitors.

Very disappointing indeed people.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Fuad, we have responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with our team there so we can further assist.
jessicam602
1/27/19

I just decided I should move on from the company I'm currently with so I put my resume and information on Indeed and downloaded the app as well. It's been really helpful and pretty well with updating new jobs, ones that are a great match for me, ones I should or would have a better chance at applying at.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Jessica! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We wish you the best of luck with your job search! If you ever need assistance in the future, feel free to contact us directly at sitejabber@indeed.com.
richardp532
1/26/19

35 candidates and 650.00 later, not ONE remotely qualified candidate! It is as if they don't bother to read the posting

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Richard, we have responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with our team there so we can further assist.
steveg391
1/24/19

Indeed is a site that is structured to present everyone in the same band container. Instead of taking a PDF for a resume they unload it and flatten it into obscurity. Then they ask all the questions about what is already in your resume and flatten you some more. Awful, the best use is to try and find the employer and apply directly. However, today many employers try to save work by using sites like Indeed. I used them and was so discouraged by their format that I then applied direct and it worked. There is no real feedback from applying through Indeed. You do not even know if they actually sent your data to the employer. Never will I use them again.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Steve, we have responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with our team there so we can further assist.
lindam983
1/10/19

I first started using Indeed on 1/08/2019. I applied for a few jobs and the next day I had two interviews. I was able to download my Indeed resume, so that I had a hard copy to take with me on interviews. I kept my resume private and only sent it to employers I was interested in. I have seen reviews about Indeed and was not sure if it would work. I can see how it could be confusing for someone that isn't tech savvy but if you have patience and ask for help it is a great site.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Linda, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We're so happy to hear you enjoy using Indeed! If you ever need assistance in the future, feel free to contact our team at sitejabber@indeed.com. We wish you the best of luck with your search!
chuckh22
1/6/19

Update - I heard from Indeed directly and they acknowledged my concerns / issues and quickly got my job posting up and running. Tho I still believe they should revisit their new account "protocols" they were VERY responsive and effective after the fact (so kudos for good customer care).

Original review - I am a private HR consultancy and my clients are largely smaller organizations. One just asked for my assistance in filling an open role for them. I had heard good things about the Indeed site for job posters and gave it a shot (it is a cost effective service). A but clunky to get my job set up as I wanted it but one call to their call center ironed out the bumps (a positive). I then posted the job and waited the 1- 2 hours before the post is approved (by Indeed) which it was. Then the fun started. Remember, I am paying Indeed to post my opportunity on their site (i.e., I am a paying customer). I went into my account about 2 hours after seeing the job was approved only to find out that my account was disabled and I had to fill out a form to have it enabled (remember, I am the PAYING customer). So I called customer service and they informed me this is their normal process for new accounts. Are you kidding me??? So I filled out the form and submitted it and then got an email from Indeed asking that I submit documents verifying that I have a real business (BTW, when I set up my account I included all of the information they wanted for my business). I am now in a 1 3 BUSINESS day hold as Indeed reviews my information. Reminder - I am the PAYING customer. I have now wasted my time to fix their decision to enable my account, I'm going to lose 3 - 5 calendar days before my job is posted (candidates don't just look at job sites Monday thru Friday from 9-5). And I used the Indeed site to post this job on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and those links don't work because Indeed disabled my account...so I've had to manually delete all of them. I can't believe this is how Indeed manages their business and how they treat their PAYING customers. Here's a suggestion, ask the questions you need to know about a business as part of the account set up process...NOT after jobs are posted and being networked. I've committed to Indeed (and their costs) for my client so I can't turn back. But I find it hard to believe Indeed management feel this is what a good customer experience looks like. AWFUL...AWFUL...AWFUL.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Chuck, we have responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with our team there so we can further assist.
rona145
12/17/18

Indeed is one of the best sources to find available jobs. I have found many jobs through them and know other people who have found jobs.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Ron, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We love hearing success stories that happen on Indeed!
laurad375
12/8/18

Yesterday I was contacted by a potential employer with an offer that sounded way too good to be true. I looked at their website and it had red flags (spelling errors, a map that didn't match the address listed, etc.) After doing some homework, I found another similar company that has been dissolved but the website is identical other than the company name. There is no way to reach Indeed to let them know that fraudulent employers are contacting job seekers. Someone will get scammed. I think it will be a case of them asking for your bank account info to "pay" you and then cleaning you out. Sorry that I can't prevent this from happening to someone who is naive but reporting this is impossible. I also don't like the fact that this "employer" may know my address as it's listed on my resume. Obviously, Indeed allows access to people who have not been vetted. I will be closing my account immediately.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Laura, we have responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with our team there so we can further assist.
abelr14
11/25/18

I posted for a phone app developer with indeed. I received names but never a way to contact them. I did receive a charge on my visa. Indeed SUCKS!!!! Nothing but a scam

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Abel, we are sorry to hear about your poor experience with Indeed. We have sent you a private message to further assist.
robertp741
11/19/18

I am an employer. I posted 3 jobs on Indeed. In the beginning they charged my account a reasonable amount of only perhaps $100 a month. Now they charge my Visa card over $500 every 7 to 12 days! When I call them, they promise they will get back to me, but they won't. It's impossible (!) to cancel my Indeed account. They make it impossible to cancel job postings AND they keep charging my Visa card even after all job postings have been "paused." They are (clearly) a fraudulent business operation where they have no explanation of why and how they come up with the amount they charge their customers, they just pick a number and they tell you that the amount of clicks generate the exact number. When I tell them that my Visa card has been charged almost exactly $501.93 FIVE TIMES on a row, they cannot prove that the exact amount of clicks have taken place time after time. When I tell them their transparency for their fraudulent steps they operate their business, I am told that the issue will be escalated... yet it will never be dealt with. Once they have your money, they just run with it AND they keep charging your card. Now I am planning to launch a Class Action law suit against Indeed. I am sensing there will be thousands of business owners who will be joining the Class Action against Indeed.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Robert, we have responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with our team there so we can further assist.
jenniferr429
11/16/18

It's an okay site. It can be confusing at times because it seems so much is going on with this site. They may send you to another site to apply for a job. One time, the site sent me to CareerBuilder. I was shocked.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Jennifer, thank you for sharing your experience with us. To explain, Indeed is a search engine for jobs and as such we bring together jobs that are advertised on Job Boards, Staffing Firm's sites and Direct Employer's career pages to give candidates the ability to do their job search in one location. We also have thousands of recruiters post their roles directly to Indeed. In some cases, you may be directed to an employer website or another job board to complete your application. We hope this helps clarify any confusion. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our team directly at sitejabber@indeed.com. Good luck with your search!
daniels688
10/24/18

I own a recruiting firm that has been in business for over 14 years. I recently decided that we needed to hire recruiters to help us deal with a large backlog of open roles we have with our clients. I tried to set up an account and was informed that Indeed had blocked our firm from ever doing business with them! They refuse to provide us with any explanation and said there is no avenue for review! The representatives I spoke with were dismissive and rude and frankly I have never been so disgusted.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Daniel, we've responded to your review by private message.
shanem127
10/19/18

I'm a recruiter that was looking to hire multiple people for my company. Had my account disabled for no reason even though I'm still being charged for the account. Zero customer support whatsoever, no phone number, just a pathetic contact form that "might" be responded to if they resolve the issue. Unbelievable. Would never recommend this company at all. Use the other job boards out there.

thomasf235
10/17/18

Indeed will become a sounding board for all your disgruntled former employees to perpetuate negative reviews of your organization costing you potential applicants, then expect you to pay for that service!

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Thomas, we've responded to your review by private message. Feel free follow up with our team there.
harryh43
10/8/18

I've used Indeed to search for jobs. They have a great many openings posted, but I personally found a lot of them in my field to be people trying to mislead you into thinking that it's a bigger/better job than it actually is - I know that from being very connected to players in the industry here. I suppose that eventually you could find a job here, but it seems that the really good jobs are not advertised. I sure haven't seen them. Maybe good for temp or seasonal jobs, but they don't seem to be openings that I can't find when I search other common job sites.

heidib93
9/12/18

Working with Indeed has been a hellish experience. I work for a non-profit with limited funds, facing a massive hiring crisis. It is getting to the point where we may not be able to support our clients because we don't have the staff to do so. As such, we are scraping together what we have to pay Indeed $3,000+/month to try to hire. In return, our applicant flow has been spotty at best, our ads keep getting dropped for no reason, and their "client support" team is THE WORST. I am not convinced that any of them actually understand how Indeed works or why things happen the way they do. They all tell me conflicting information. For months I was requesting them to do what we're paying them for - help me with my ads. Instead, every time I got on the phone with them they would just try to sell me a new product. Finally I requested a new support team (you would think that for $3,000/month I'd be able to have a say in who I work with), but they told me this was not possible. Instead, they just expanded our team to include their supervisors. Now I just get 4 people not returning my calls and telling me conflicting information instead of 2. I can't find any number to call to raise my request above them.

This has been the most frustrating experience. They don't listen to our needs or try to help us hire at all. The worst part is, they know we really can't do anything about it. Indeed dominates the market for job seekers. We're so desperate for staff that we can't afford not to throw money at them. They can get away with taking companies' money and not giving anything in return. It's deplorable. If you have the option of avoiding them, do so at all costs.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Heidi, we've responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with our team there so we can further assist.
jenniferb667
9/12/18

Our national company is always actively looking for local contractors. Indeed seemed like a great solution because it is extremely expensive to post 10+ ads per month in different markets. In the beginning, we received quality candidates and hired many people through Indeed. After a while, we received fewer and fewer applicants, and we started to get constant marketing calls from Indeed, trying to push us into a paid service. The last call we received was extremely rude, but we politely stated again that we were happy with our current level of service. Suddenly, our last three ads have zero views. In the beginning, our ads were getting several hundred views each. We are a legitimate company with clear job posts, explaining the kind of job and the expectations. We did nothing wrong, and will certainly not pay for service now.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Jennifer, we've responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with our team there so we can further assist.
marieb54
9/9/18

. Employers were contacting me asking if I were interested in working for them! That's right folks, they came too me. Just posted the resume Indeed helped me create. ..for free. Talk about service. They get you out there. Sure beats looking on Craigslist. Never know what kind of smuck you would encounter. I feel a safer place. The employers and jobs offered on post all seem legit to me, no matter, what kind of job you seek. I've seen any where from the F.B.I to cleaning rooms, mechanics, doctors and dj's. Thumbs up.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback, Marie! We're so glad you've been finding success on our site! If you ever need additional assistance, feel free to reach out to us at sitejabber@indeed.com.
ars4
9/6/18

Another inconsiderate site that draws people into wasting time creating accounts/posts, then deletes the post AND the account with 0 warning and no specific reasons. They allowed 1 appeal, which denied me. My asking what the problem/solution was resulted in vague "no further info will be given" type of lines that seem to be mostly automated.

UPDATE:They emailed here about their policy & after i gave into their picky document demands, they still deny my posts AND gimme the same vague/robotic lines. They probably only acted helpful by emailing here cause my bad review here is being seen by many. In my regular email, 1 of their useless replies said to call, & they were closed.

Trustpilot users say Indeed bans all non-paying users so they call in and are pitched a paying version. So indeed can indeed enjoy the bad reviews, & karma, they earn from this. This kinda stuff helped greatly hurt sites like ebay.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi there, we've responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with our team there so we can further assist.
tangh1
8/31/18

I do not understand why my account is always banned, I did not do any illegal things, they did not even give me reason, I launched a complaint is rocky sea, why is this situation, do you discriminate against me in China, answer me

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Tang, we've responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with our team there so we can further assist.
caitlyns13
8/30/18

I love, love, love this website.
Easy to navigate, easy to filter, easy to apply.
I have found a job off of this website with the last 3-4 jobs I have had.
I would definitely recommend using this site to anyone.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us some feedback, Caitlyn! We're so glad you found success on our site! If you ever need additional assistance, feel free to reach out to us at sitejabber@indeed.com.
mirandad19
8/18/18

Where do I even begin? Indeed is notorious for allowing scammers to post fake job postings and not to mention the whole bait & switch used to manipulate job seekers. I ran into at least 7 scammers in the last 5 months and there were multiple positions that appeared to be open, when in reality they were not. Also, I can't tell you how many times salaries were either hidden from me or completely misleading. Very disapointing experience and not helpful at all.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Hi Miranda, we've responded to your review by private message. Please follow up with our team there so we can further assist.
js460
8/9/18

I'm happy that it has changed to make it easier to look for remote jobs. It used to be that the word remote would match with jobs that say things like "no remote" which is the opposite of what some people are looking for. I like the application process as well.

Response from Indeed-Support S., Indeed Representative
Thank you very much for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you've found the improvements helpful.
446 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hello Anita, positions posted for free stay on Indeed for a total of 120 days. Sponsored positions can stay on the site until an employer has filled the job and closed it on Indeed.

Helpful answer -2

Hi Sarah, we're sorry you haven't heard back from employers when submitting your resume on Indeed. We'd be happy to assist you here in reviewing your resume and offering suggestions for applying to jobs on the site. Please email us at sitejabber@indeed.com with a link to your Indeed Resume or document so that we can review. Thank you.

By Indeed-Support S., Indeed.co.uk Representative

By NO MEANS should you pursue this so-called job offer further and in fact, you should report them to the Better Business Bureau.

By Dorothy L.

Hello Gerard, sorry for the negative experience. Indeed recently augmented existing search quality programs with new, ongoing strategies to make sure all jobs on Indeed meet standards for quality. This effort included a large scale review of job listings. Jobs that violated our guidelines and companies that did not meet our quality standards were disabled. We apologize that this was a frustrating process for you and will provide this feedback to our Search Quality team for future improvements.

By Indeed-Support S., Indeed.co.uk Representative

Hi Dana, we'd like to investigate this further. Can you please email us with your Indeed account email address as well as forward any information sent to you by these two individuals to sitejabber@indeed.com? Thank you.

By Indeed-Support S., Indeed.co.uk Representative

Have you checked out www.BrightCandidate.com? The site is about to launch. They actually listen to employees concerns, needs and wants and try to make the hiring process smooth, and even give back a huge percentage of the hiring bonus to the employee. Win win for both. It's started by two software engineers that were not happy with the current recruiting process. It's worth checking out.

By April N.

Hi Om, please refer to the private message we have sent to you for further assistance.

By Indeed-Support S., Indeed.co.uk Representative

Hi Robyn, apologies for the poor communication here. Please send us on your Indeed account email address via email to sitejabber@indeed.com so we can check this out for you. Thank you!

By Indeed-Support S., Indeed.co.uk Representative

Hello Cindy, we would be happy to provide you with more information. Please contact us at sitejabber@indeed.com and provide your company information so that we can assist. Thank you.

By Indeed-Support S., Indeed.co.uk Representative

Hi Jigyasa, we would be happy to look into this for you. Please email us directly at sitejabber@indeed.com with your Indeed account email address so we can assist.

By Indeed-Support S., Indeed.co.uk Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Indeed staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Indeed